4.3(147)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About PropertyRecs.com

PropertyRecs is a database that offers detailed information on dwellings and properties. If you’re in the market to buy or sell a house or piece of property, you can search PropertyRecs for information like property tax trends, title records, sales history and more. Records cost $1 per report or $9.95 per month for 30 reports.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • One-stop database for various types of property reports
  • $1 per single report
Cons
  • Info can be pulled from other sources

PropertyRecs.com services

PropertyRecs aggregates public property records from government agencies like tax assessors, court clerks, county recorders and the secretary of state to build detailed property reports for users. If available, each report includes:

• Property deeds and ownership
  • Permits
  • Sex offenders
  • Crimes nearby
  • School ratings

It’s important to note that all of this information can be found elsewhere on the internet or directly from local government agencies, typically for free. For example, you can use county sites to download property records. PropertyRecs does the heavy lifting for you, though, and for a very small price.

How does PropertyRecs.com work?

To use PropertyRecs, simply input the address you want to research in the search bar at the top of the site. Then the company will ask for your email address, which package you want to sign up for and how you want to pay. Once you input your payment information, the site will start compiling the reports on your behalf.

While not explicitly stated, it’s safe to assume that PropertyRecs will email you the reports once they’re compiled. Note that the company does not guarantee the accuracy of the reports and will not investigate any information on your behalf.

How much does PropertyRecs.com cost?

PropertyRecs charges $1 per property report. You can also sign up for a three-month or 12-month plan for $9.95 monthly. This plan comes with 30 reports, or about one report per day. The monthly price is significantly more affordable than paying for each one out-of-pocket but probably doesn’t make sense for all users.

If you’re a real estate investor or a real estate agent, signing up for a monthly plan may make sense in the long run. In some cases, it could help give extra insight to your clients at a minimal cost to you. In general, though, this information does not negate the need for further research, and you’ll likely still have to run the other reports required by law or lender.

Stars Rating

• 71%
  • 11%
  • 6%
  • 3%
  • 9%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PropertyRecs.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PropertyRecs.com?

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

The property report I received from PropertyRecs.com was accurate, detailed, and easy to understand. It helped me make a better decision about buying a house. The property report included information on the property’s history, condition, value, and market trends. It also provided a comparison with similar properties in the area and a recommendation on whether to buy or not. I liked how the report was organized and presented in a clear and concise way. The only thing I didn’t like was that the report took a few minutes to load. In conclusion, I was very satisfied with the property report I received from PropertyRecs.com. It was a valuable tool that helped me make an informed real estate decision. I would recommend PropertyRecs.com to anyone who is looking for a reliable and comprehensive property report. I wonder if they also offer property reports for other states or countries.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2024

Propertyrecs.com helped us prioritize our interests and critically review a few houses that caught our eye. The site unveiled everything from seeing where advertised upgrades in the home did not align with permit records (ie DIY jobs that were inflating the price of the home); also knowledge of sex offenders near homes we were considering; to finding out one house we'd shown significant interest in - and were very close making an offer on, had been unoccupied for over 5 years, had a series of owners, foreclosures, among other things. This just didn't sit well with us and diverted our plans to make an offer immediately. With this service, we feel truly informed and empowered as buyers. When making one of the biggest purchases in your lifetime, having all the information you can have at your fingertips as early in the process is invaluable.

Punctuality & SpeedEase of Use

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2024

I wanted to get some information and that was provided easily and promptly. I had no problems with the website, it was clear and easy to use. I did get a little confused at the end of the process, after giving my credit card information to click through several pages of ala carte items with additional charges but I wasn't sure what those items were. I haven't looked at the download I received yet. Suggestion: put those ala carte items on one page with links explaining what those items are. Prior to the credit card information. I received an email request for an objective review in exchange for a $20 Amazon gift card, which is just enough to buy my sick cat's probiotics.

PricePunctuality & SpeedEase of Use

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I couldn't locate any property information on a particular commercial property I'm trying to research, and I tried searching the Assessor, Treasurer and Recorder sites online with very little luck. Then I stumbled across a site for Property Records where I was able to search by address and within minutes was able to view not only the parcel number I originally needed, but everything about the property including current and prior ownership, assessment and tax info plus lots more. It saved me so much time! Very easy to use and affordable. Will definitely use again.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2024

Very thoughtful and accurate. I would recommend this app for anyone who wants to be able to help with someone who wants to know the most current and accurately address the workload in their positions. I’ve been doing a lot of research in the field of real estate in these leads and information on correct, accurate and up-to-date I finally have any correct information is highly important to my job industry. I love to use the site because they help me tremendously. How do you recommend to say to everyone trying to better their careers.

Profile pic of the author.
      Sales & MarketingPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 13, 2024

This company may not be an outright scam, but they sure have shady business practices. And I do feel bad, because the search I obtained was thorough, quick and helpful. But I signed up for a single, one-time payment and the website assured me that it would not charge my card again. Well lo and behold, I just looked through my bank statements and found months of $10 charges. I never authorized reoccurring payments, so this is already shady, and then I started chatting with a support agent. Every page that "she" (it was for sure a bot) linked me for pricing information, further resources, etc. came from a different URL with different headers. And then the 'agent' had the nerve to say that 'it's easy to accidentally opt into the subscription,' which is shady all on its own but even more so, blatantly untrue.

My account wasn't charged until four days after I made the initial search, which I was charged the one-time fee for. If I accidentally signed up for the subscription model, the search wouldn't have incurred a one-time fee. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if the refund they promised me actually hits my account, I would bet they hope I don't notice just like the original charges.

Hello McKenna,

For a total refund, simply email support@propertyrecs.com or give us a call at 1-855-719-6899 anytime, and I'll ensure you receive your money back promptly.

Customer ServiceStaffEase of Use

Reviewed July 7, 2024

Great resource that was easy to use. Received the information within minutes. They followed up with an email to verify I received everything I need! Purchased additional deed info and didn’t have what I needed. Contacted them and they referred me to the appropriate facilitator. Great customer service! They back their product and respond immediately. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 24, 2024

The report shows that there was another deed of trust issued in my property. How can we record the Grant deed if there's another owner. I have checked with my realtor and the city they only shown one record. This info scare the hell out of us.

Hello Nida,

Reviewed June 24, 2024

I promptly received the report I was looking for in mid-April and it was informative HOWEVER like many here have noted they are deceptive about what you are signing up for. I didn’t notice the first charge for 9.95 last month or I would’ve reacted then. I just noticed June’s charge today and immediately logged into the website but there is no mention of an account or any way to cancel or take my credit info out. I feel I was tricked into signing up for something I didn’t want. Shame on me for not reading all the way through the fine print but shame on them for being so tricky about it all. They know they are deceptive but at least they give you your money back once you catch them.

Hello Mary,

Lisa

I had the same issue you just described but did NOT get a full refund. Propertyrecs just canceled my account but refused to refund my $20. They are a despicable company. Do NOT sign up for anything with them!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed June 22, 2024

Initial charge of $1, but then they sign you up for a monthly payment of $20. It's extremely misleading the way they have it worded, making you think you're only charged the extra money if you continue to use the product, and it's not mentioned until you are putting in your credit card information. Then they make you call a number to get a refund. Not worth the hassle. They need to just charge for one-time purchases like most people are using this for instead of trying to scam them out of $20 a month.

Hello Garrett,