KitchenAid Cookware
1.32/5
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for new cookware?

KitchenAid Cookware

31 KitchenAid Cookware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

We purchased our KitchenAid kettle roughly 3 months ago and it is falling apart. We had a $12 dollar kettle before this that lasted us 4 years. The KitchenAid brand kettle this service request was about is $40 CAD. I am told I am turning the heat up too high on my stove... Meanwhile we did the same with our $12 kettle and it lasted us 4 years. I should have just gone to Walmart where the customer service would be better however Walmart also suggested phoning KitchenAid to see if they would provide us with an upgraded kettle. I'm not sure why I thought exchanging it for a better quality kettle through KitchenAid would have been a better decision as the customer service within the company is horrendous.

Today I have spent about 40 minutes on hold, maybe 10 of those minutes actually talking to a person. Before that each time I had any contact from this company I was sent what appear to be auto reply emails (they had my contact details but could not phone me) asking me to phone their 1-800 number. I'm not sure why a "CUSTOMER SERVICE" reps cannot phone a customer themselves? Why is it the customer’s job to chase KitchenAid employees around to find out the status of their service request, Just to be brushed off again?

Not only did I waste my time today, I have sent videos, pictures, and a bill of sale to "customer service" and have been on the phone before this and sat on hold again. I had also followed up after my initial request because I was never provided any information on how long it would take for anyone in the company to process my request and make contact with me, or give me an update in regards to the status of my request. Very disappointing and will not be buying KitchenAid appliances again.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I am a 59 y/o male, bought my stainless steel 9 pc. KitchenAid cook set 9 yrs. ago. If you watch any cooking channels, they all use stainless steel because non stick looks good on paper but normally chips off. And as for Nikki in B.C., where were you when your kid was playing with the stove. I use my pots and pans every day and could not be happier. Good quality pots and pans don't make you a good cook, only enhance your cooking ability. Shame on all of you who blame KitchenAid for your user malfunction.

Get expert buying tips about Cookware Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Kitchen Aid KFP0933 Food Processor - This is a terrible food processor. It looks great but is difficult to use and, especially the disc setting is terrible. It creates garbage and food goes into all sort of nooks and crannies in the appliance. I have had food processors for years and am knowledgeable about the use of them. The feature that sold me on KitchenAid was the ability to have the thickness of sliced vegetables from very thin to larger. I am sorry I purchased this appliance and have found that I am back to using a hand grater instead of this food processor. I tell everyone about how displeased I am with it and am sorry I purchased it and am in the market for one to use instead of this one which I am going to throw away.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I bought a KitchenAid cooker just 6 months ago. It is the artisan range and very expensive. The cooker worked very well until I used the cleaning programme. It is now not possible to get the trays out. They won't move. Daily attempts to have this resolved have after 2 weeks failed. The customer service is non-existent in Ireland. They give no's etc but not possible to speak with anyone they do not return calls or respond to messages either from the shop or directly from the customer. I would avoid buying any KitchenAid products. Don't touch them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I finally bought something I had always wanted -- a food processor. So when I was given a gift card for a local kitchenware's store, I bought a KitchenAid KFP-715 food processor. I don't use these sorts of appliances very often. I owned it approx. 3 years when it broke down, after only 3 uses. But unfortunately the warranty had expired AND the store return policy had also expired. The part that broke was a tiny pointy thing on the bowl's handle that engages with another part to make the motor turn. So now I've had to buy a replacement part that will HOPEFULLY not break. My husband looked at it & it appears the part that broke is flimsy to begin with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Original review: March 20, 2016

Purchased their 3 piece bakeware set in red. Used the 9 X 13 inch pan last night for the first time. It is stated that the pieces are good for the oven, microwave and dishwasher. When I took the pan out of the oven it had cracked right through. Used in a 375 degree oven. Will never buy their product again and wish to warn future buyers not to purchase.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Terrible pots and pans. Very cheap. The second time I used the fry pan, the red paint wore off! This is a $100.00 + set of nice cookware? NO WAY!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I just pulled out my roasting pan to wash it and prepare for Christmas, however, when washing it, I noticed that the paint had bubbled and chipped away on the bottom of the pan. I got on this website and apparently this is a "common" flaw in these pans. Like everyone else, I bought this assuming it was a QUALITY product, and the last thing I expected from a $30 roasting pan was to have it chip after only using it ONCE!!! I just sent a letter to the company, but from the other responses on this website, it doesn't look like they'll even respond let alone do anything to "right" the problem. We'll see! I have to say that it certainly looks durable and like it will last FOREVER... so it really was a stunner to see that paint bubbling.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

After a couple uses of my food processor, one of the blades broke off the S-blade. I contacted KitchenAid to get a replacement. The first time I contacted them, they sent me the wrong blade despite repeatedly telling the representative the exact model/serial # of the processor. The second time I contacted them, the blade was never sent out. Have contacted them a third time and hoping for the best. Their customer service is lacking as they don't seem to know how to handle even simple requests.

Original review: July 12, 2015

I had bought a set of KitchenAid Professional 11 Pieces hard anodized set a couple months ago. Very excited to have a new set. Kept it safe for THE right time to use it. Now that my family was coming to visit me from back home, took the brand new set out of the box to wash it pre first use. Guess what? One of the pots has a piece chipped off on the inside base. Since the company claims the lifetime (limited) warranty, I am hoping to hear from them SOON. BAD experience. WHAT??? You want me to give at least ONE star??? Ridiculous!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

Like others I bought the KitchenAid roaster expecting quality. This was after experiencing poor results from other roaster products. After using a few times the Grey coating is peeling. It peels when you wash it and peels when it drys. Was going to call the company to see what recourse I had. Happen to come upon this site and now feel it would be a waste of time. I'll just chalk this up to experience and limit my Kitchen purchases. I hope and pray this big ole mixer I just bought doesn't go the way of the roaster. Guess I'll have to step up and pay that price for Breville.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

My children bought me a set of your pots. They get extremely hot and do not have any protective coverage on the handles or the lids. I don't know how many times I have reached for the lid to check my meals only to be stopped by how hot the lids become. When you are busy preparing meals you do not always have a hot mitten handy. These pots are extremely dangerous to work with. If someone else were to work in my kitchen using these pots as they are they could be badly burned unless I were to warn them ahead of time. We have a gas stove now and I find that they are even hotter than with a standard electric stove. I am very disappointed in these pots and I would never purchase this kind again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2014

Upon using the pan the very first time I was thrilled with the size and structure of the pan, made the turkey at 325 degrees. Upon washing I noticed a small bubble on the pan I hadn't noticed before. A week later, I set out to use the pan for a second time and to my dismay that bubble had literally peeled a quarter size spot showing rust, this pan 99.00 on sale 59.99 now sits waiting for someone to return response. It's been a year now, so not happy and I love KitchenAid. I feel like I was robbed. Now I see I am not alone. I have photos but no idea how to add here. Shame on you KitchenAid. You obviously know there is a serious problem and there should be a recall as this is faulty workmanship I am forced to give a star?? A one it is very grudgingly.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2013

Purchased Kitchenaid roasting pan for use at Christmas to cook the turkey. Used once only, after washing the pan, it has chips on the enamel. I am most disappointed in this cookware and believed when I purchased a Kitchenaid product I was buying a quality item.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2013

I have made various attempts now to contact Kitchen Aid regarding my unsafe cookware set.. Up until 6 months ago and for the last 7 years, I had owned a beautiful set of Martha Stewart Cookware but had always dreamed of owning a set of Kitchen Aid which I thought (Boy was I wrong) stood for quality. This set I paid $400.00 for from a store no longer in business yet was assured when I bought it if I had any problem that Kitchen Aid would be more than obliging, yeah, sure. This set is blue on the exterior with blue rubber handles and has Teflon on the inside. My girlfriend, my Mom and I have all burned our hands picking up a lid or just taking something off the stove. The handles pick up heat from the actual basin of the pot. Also, the handles weigh more than the actual pot does so when you put a pot on the stove, unless something is in it, the pot tips over or the pan.

I always thought that when cookware was developed, it went through a testing stage. I would say that it's false because if it were true, these never would have made it in to people's homes. I gave my Martha Stewart cookware to charity. I will buy more and throw this new set of Kitchen Aid out. As a user, I have tested it for you and to even give it away is just plain unsafe. Thanks for nothing. I just bought a new Fridge, and stove. I went with LG. They test their products and don`t shunt their clients from one rep to another.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2013

KitchenAid Muff Pan purchased less than 1 year ago the bottom is rusting. Three different days I have called KitchenAid. They kept transferring me to different Depts. Telling me this Dept doesn't take care of this or the Company "Myers" at one time was the Company that made this pan but no longer. 800 541-6390, 800 334-6889, 866 457-9340 I have talked to a Polly, a Jan, a Jenfer... I think they are ALSO on shutdown. Everything in my kitchen is from KitchenAid. I'm talking Fridge/Dishwasher/Stove/Timers/ Bakeware and on and on... BOTTOM LINE ~ I've had it with this COMPANY.

Original review: July 5, 2013

KitchenAid Cookware 3-Ply Full Cap Copper Base 0011T - My son left the frying pan on the burner for 15 minutes when the pan was empty and the burner was on. He realized his mistake and took the pan off the burner. When he lifted the pan, molten aluminum poured out from the bottom of the pan. He moved to put the pan in the sink and the molten aluminum spilled on the counter and floor. The molten metal splatter was 7-8 feet. It burned the wood at the base of the cabinets, burned the countertop and floor and burned my son, because he stepped on some molten metal. I tried to phone KitchenAid to alert them to this extreme hazard, but I ended up waiting 13 minutes on a blank line before I gave up (no music, no repeating message, just dead air). Here's the deal... If a child had been nearby or if my son had spilled all the molten aluminum on himself, this could have been a life-changing catastrophic event. He did, however, burn his foot. He had to peel off the molten metal once it cooled (Yuck!). I think KitchenAid should recall this line of pots and pans and refund everyone or offer a set of pots and pans that doesn't put the users at risk. Pictures are attached.

Original review: June 10, 2013

I used this pan one time and put it in the dishwasher, only to discover that the bottom is discolored/splotchy. I didn't know that info is on the inside of the cardboard sleeve it came in. This important piece of info should be stated on the OUTSIDE of the sleeve where it would be clearly visible. I'm disappointed that KitchenAid doesn't provide visible instructions. What a ripoff.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2013

This KitchenAid set was given to me as a gift. I was so happy to get a new set of pots and pans. But now, let me tell you what happened after I used them.

The covers are not fitting tightly when cooking. Sometimes, you need to have the cover on tight (i.e. cooking rice, etc.). Also, one of the pots became bent. I am the only one using the pots and pans. There are no children in my house. I am quite disappointed with KitchenAid, especially when I cook with the pots and see the condition they have come to. I have a sale receipt for this gift to provide, but is Kitchen Aid going to come back after reviewing my comments. I don't know.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2013

I have taken great care of my cookware; I always hand wash all the pots and pans. Now, after a couple years, the rubber handles turn. When I try to pour the food out of them, the handles turn and the hot food spills and I am concerned that I will burn myself. I have written Kitchen Aid and never got a response.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2013

I purchased a set of the pots and pans for my daughter for Christmas. She was so disappointed when she took them out of the dishwasher to notice they were all discolored and one pot had a round mark like it was ready to be burnt through. And they tell me I can't return them. I am not happy with them at all. Has anyone else had this trouble? She used it once and this happened to it. With the money you pay for them, I think I should be able to return them.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2012

We were roasting turkey in a gas oven at 375. After removal of the turkey and trying to make gravy in the bottom of the pan, we found that the coating on the bottom had started to peel off, leaving a silver/grey residue. So much for using the drippings for gravy. When cleaning the pan, we found that the coating was just coming off like sanding dust.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2012

A friend recommended this 13-cup food processor that I bought as a gift to my cousin - online. The externally adjustable slicing lever did not work on arrival. The product was never used and I had to return by paying one fourth of the cost for shipping. In the end, after a lengthy conversation with the customer service, I was given a mailing address to complain. I'm no longer a KitchenAid customer. I don't own any of their products except for wasting my time and money on shipping it back to Ohio. I don't understand why I, as a customer, should bear the cost for shipping that big appliance, when the product never worked in the first place?

Original review: March 22, 2012

I made an Irish stew this past weekend. After transferring it to a serving dish, I discovered that a big piece of the enamel lining had come off. I had to pick the pieces out of the stew. Nice! Now, I can no longer use the pot. This piece retails for $99.99. What a joke! What am I supposed to do with it now, use it as a planter? You can be rest assured that I will tell everyone I know to stay away from KitchenAid. Overpriced crap!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2011

I have a heavy-duty KitchenAid Roaster with lifting rack. After a few uses, the non-stick surface has started to peel off. I looked at the KitchenAid website but it's not at all clear how to contact them about cookware problems. I tried to use their contact form which did not work. I tried that with several different browsers but with same results. I started an online chat with a support person, who told me to call their Gadget Department? What?

I now have a useless roasting pan from a dysfunctional company and looking at the reviews on Amazon, it seems that I'm not at all alone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2011

I was cooking in my oven. When I opened the door, the inside glass shattered and glass flew from the oven 20 feet to either side. It's bad enough that this happened to a three-year old oven but the incompetence and the lack of responsibility on the part of this company is disheartening. The consequences are that I have to pay for something that obviously is a defect.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2011

The cookware that we use the most have lost their non-stick coating. My wife and I had always dreamed of having a set of KitchenAid cookware. Now, I just throw my hands in the air.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2011

My daughter received a set of KitchenAid cookware in November 2009 for bridal shower. She began using them in February 2010. The non stick surface has peeled and chipped. She has not used any abrasive tools or cleaners on them.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2010

I purchased a KitchenAid non-stick turkey roasting pan with lift rack. After the first use, the non-stick surface peeled away from the pan. I then threw it away. It’s not a very good experience with KitchenAid. No physical damage, just disappointment.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2010

I bought a KitchenAid crock pot with a 7 quart removable crock. After using it 3 or 4 times, there appeared to be liquid leaking out of the vessel onto the heating housing. After another time, it increased. I called customer service and they promptly sent me another one. Within four more uses, the same thing happened. I saw no reason to continue cooking with that brand if the crocks kept cracking. No physical damage occurred, but I couldn't find another crock pot at that time that was the same size for a reasonable price.

KitchenAid expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Available from major retailers nationwide, KitchenAid was founded in 1919 with its iconic and beloved Stand Mixer. The company is known for its timeless craftsmanship.

• Nonstick finish: The company has a porcelain enamel interior on their cookware that helps brown food quickly and evenly.

• Versatile: Consumers can use KitchenAid Cookware on gas, electric and induction stove tops.

• Stainless steel base: Ideal for even heat distribution, the stainless-steel base by KitchenAid is extremely durable.

• Colorful options: When buying from kitchenAid, Consumers have the option to choose between several colorfast finishes that resist fading and discoloration.

• Dishwasher safe: Most pieces by the company can safely be washed in a dishwasher.

• Best for: Beginner cooks, home cooks, home chefs and professional chefs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs