KitchenAid Cookware

Compare Cookware Brands

Research top Cookware Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased their 3 piece bakeware set in red. Used the 9 X 13 inch pan last night for the first time. It is stated that the pieces are good for the oven, microwave and dishwasher. When I took the pan out of the oven it had cracked right through. Used in a 375 degree oven. Will never buy their product again and wish to warn future buyers not to purchase.

Terrible pots and pans. Very cheap. The second time I used the fry pan, the red paint wore off! This is a $100.00 + set of nice cookware? NO WAY!

I just pulled out my roasting pan to wash it and prepare for Christmas, however, when washing it, I noticed that the paint had bubbled and chipped away on the bottom of the pan. I got on this website and apparently this is a "common" flaw in these pans. Like everyone else, I bought this assuming it was a QUALITY product, and the last thing I expected from a $30 roasting pan was to have it chip after only using it ONCE!!! I just sent a letter to the company, but from the other responses on this website, it doesn't look like they'll even respond let alone do anything to "right" the problem. We'll see! I have to say that it certainly looks durable and like it will last FOREVER... so it really was a stunner to see that paint bubbling.

After a couple uses of my food processor, one of the blades broke off the S-blade. I contacted KitchenAid to get a replacement. The first time I contacted them, they sent me the wrong blade despite repeatedly telling the representative the exact model/serial # of the processor. The second time I contacted them, the blade was never sent out. Have contacted them a third time and hoping for the best. Their customer service is lacking as they don't seem to know how to handle even simple requests.

I had bought a set of KitchenAid Professional 11 Pieces hard anodized set a couple months ago. Very excited to have a new set. Kept it safe for THE right time to use it. Now that my family was coming to visit me from back home, took the brand new set out of the box to wash it pre first use. Guess what? One of the pots has a piece chipped off on the inside base. Since the company claims the lifetime (limited) warranty, I am hoping to hear from them SOON. BAD experience. WHAT??? You want me to give at least ONE star??? Ridiculous!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KitchenAid?

Like others I bought the KitchenAid roaster expecting quality. This was after experiencing poor results from other roaster products. After using a few times the Grey coating is peeling. It peels when you wash it and peels when it drys. Was going to call the company to see what recourse I had. Happen to come upon this site and now feel it would be a waste of time. I'll just chalk this up to experience and limit my Kitchen purchases. I hope and pray this big ole mixer I just bought doesn't go the way of the roaster. Guess I'll have to step up and pay that price for Breville.

My children bought me a set of your pots. They get extremely hot and do not have any protective coverage on the handles or the lids. I don't know how many times I have reached for the lid to check my meals only to be stopped by how hot the lids become. When you are busy preparing meals you do not always have a hot mitten handy. These pots are extremely dangerous to work with. If someone else were to work in my kitchen using these pots as they are they could be badly burned unless I were to warn them ahead of time. We have a gas stove now and I find that they are even hotter than with a standard electric stove. I am very disappointed in these pots and I would never purchase this kind again.

Upon using the pan the very first time I was thrilled with the size and structure of the pan, made the turkey at 325 degrees. Upon washing I noticed a small bubble on the pan I hadn't noticed before. A week later, I set out to use the pan for a second time and to my dismay that bubble had literally peeled a quarter size spot showing rust, this pan 99.00 on sale 59.99 now sits waiting for someone to return response. It's been a year now, so not happy and I love KitchenAid. I feel like I was robbed. Now I see I am not alone. I have photos but no idea how to add here. Shame on you KitchenAid. You obviously know there is a serious problem and there should be a recall as this is faulty workmanship I am forced to give a star?? A one it is very grudgingly.

Purchased Kitchenaid roasting pan for use at Christmas to cook the turkey. Used once only, after washing the pan, it has chips on the enamel. I am most disappointed in this cookware and believed when I purchased a Kitchenaid product I was buying a quality item.

I have made various attempts now to contact Kitchen Aid regarding my unsafe cookware set.. Up until 6 months ago and for the last 7 years, I had owned a beautiful set of Martha Stewart Cookware but had always dreamed of owning a set of Kitchen Aid which I thought (Boy was I wrong) stood for quality. This set I paid $400.00 for from a store no longer in business yet was assured when I bought it if I had any problem that Kitchen Aid would be more than obliging, yeah, sure. This set is blue on the exterior with blue rubber handles and has Teflon on the inside. My girlfriend, my Mom and I have all burned our hands picking up a lid or just taking something off the stove. The handles pick up heat from the actual basin of the pot. Also, the handles weigh more than the actual pot does so when you put a pot on the stove, unless something is in it, the pot tips over or the pan.

I always thought that when cookware was developed, it went through a testing stage. I would say that it's false because if it were true, these never would have made it in to people's homes. I gave my Martha Stewart cookware to charity. I will buy more and throw this new set of Kitchen Aid out. As a user, I have tested it for you and to even give it away is just plain unsafe. Thanks for nothing. I just bought a new Fridge, and stove. I went with LG. They test their products and don`t shunt their clients from one rep to another.

KitchenAid Muff Pan purchased less than 1 year ago the bottom is rusting. Three different days I have called KitchenAid. They kept transferring me to different Depts. Telling me this Dept doesn't take care of this or the Company "Myers" at one time was the Company that made this pan but no longer. 800 541-6390, 800 334-6889, 866 457-9340 I have talked to a Polly, a Jan, a Jenfer... I think they are ALSO on shutdown. Everything in my kitchen is from KitchenAid. I'm talking Fridge/Dishwasher/Stove/Timers/ Bakeware and on and on... BOTTOM LINE ~ I've had it with this COMPANY.

KitchenAid Cookware 3-Ply Full Cap Copper Base 0011T - My son left the frying pan on the burner for 15 minutes when the pan was empty and the burner was on. He realized his mistake and took the pan off the burner. When he lifted the pan, molten aluminum poured out from the bottom of the pan. He moved to put the pan in the sink and the molten aluminum spilled on the counter and floor. The molten metal splatter was 7-8 feet. It burned the wood at the base of the cabinets, burned the countertop and floor and burned my son, because he stepped on some molten metal. I tried to phone KitchenAid to alert them to this extreme hazard, but I ended up waiting 13 minutes on a blank line before I gave up (no music, no repeating message, just dead air). Here's the deal... If a child had been nearby or if my son had spilled all the molten aluminum on himself, this could have been a life-changing catastrophic event. He did, however, burn his foot. He had to peel off the molten metal once it cooled (Yuck!). I think KitchenAid should recall this line of pots and pans and refund everyone or offer a set of pots and pans that doesn't put the users at risk. Pictures are attached.

I used this pan one time and put it in the dishwasher, only to discover that the bottom is discolored/splotchy. I didn't know that info is on the inside of the cardboard sleeve it came in. This important piece of info should be stated on the OUTSIDE of the sleeve where it would be clearly visible. I'm disappointed that KitchenAid doesn't provide visible instructions. What a ripoff.

This KitchenAid set was given to me as a gift. I was so happy to get a new set of pots and pans. But now, let me tell you what happened after I used them.

The covers are not fitting tightly when cooking. Sometimes, you need to have the cover on tight (i.e. cooking rice, etc.). Also, one of the pots became bent. I am the only one using the pots and pans. There are no children in my house. I am quite disappointed with KitchenAid, especially when I cook with the pots and see the condition they have come to. I have a sale receipt for this gift to provide, but is Kitchen Aid going to come back after reviewing my comments. I don't know.

I have taken great care of my cookware; I always hand wash all the pots and pans. Now, after a couple years, the rubber handles turn. When I try to pour the food out of them, the handles turn and the hot food spills and I am concerned that I will burn myself. I have written Kitchen Aid and never got a response.

I purchased a set of the pots and pans for my daughter for Christmas. She was so disappointed when she took them out of the dishwasher to notice they were all discolored and one pot had a round mark like it was ready to be burnt through. And they tell me I can't return them. I am not happy with them at all. Has anyone else had this trouble? She used it once and this happened to it. With the money you pay for them, I think I should be able to return them.

We were roasting turkey in a gas oven at 375. After removal of the turkey and trying to make gravy in the bottom of the pan, we found that the coating on the bottom had started to peel off, leaving a silver/grey residue. So much for using the drippings for gravy. When cleaning the pan, we found that the coating was just coming off like sanding dust.

A friend recommended this 13-cup food processor that I bought as a gift to my cousin - online. The externally adjustable slicing lever did not work on arrival. The product was never used and I had to return by paying one fourth of the cost for shipping. In the end, after a lengthy conversation with the customer service, I was given a mailing address to complain. I'm no longer a KitchenAid customer. I don't own any of their products except for wasting my time and money on shipping it back to Ohio. I don't understand why I, as a customer, should bear the cost for shipping that big appliance, when the product never worked in the first place?

I made an Irish stew this past weekend. After transferring it to a serving dish, I discovered that a big piece of the enamel lining had come off. I had to pick the pieces out of the stew. Nice! Now, I can no longer use the pot. This piece retails for $99.99. What a joke! What am I supposed to do with it now, use it as a planter? You can be rest assured that I will tell everyone I know to stay away from KitchenAid. Overpriced crap!

I have a heavy-duty KitchenAid Roaster with lifting rack. After a few uses, the non-stick surface has started to peel off. I looked at the KitchenAid website but it's not at all clear how to contact them about cookware problems. I tried to use their contact form which did not work. I tried that with several different browsers but with same results. I started an online chat with a support person, who told me to call their Gadget Department? What?

I now have a useless roasting pan from a dysfunctional company and looking at the reviews on Amazon, it seems that I'm not at all alone.

I was cooking in my oven. When I opened the door, the inside glass shattered and glass flew from the oven 20 feet to either side. It's bad enough that this happened to a three-year old oven but the incompetence and the lack of responsibility on the part of this company is disheartening. The consequences are that I have to pay for something that obviously is a defect.

I have a kitchen aid blender and they no longer make the jars that go with it. I felt that it is their responsibility to have the extra parts available. They don't. I suggested an exchange for one that has a jar. That I would pay for the Jar of the product. Seems that there is nothing they can do for me. I feel that Jar should be available since they are such a big company. He suggested me buying a refurbished blender. Why should I buy a refurbished blender? There is nothing wrong with my machine. Looks brand new. All I knew is a Jar and I feel that they have failed the customers. They will no work with me. He would not even give me a last name. Help.

I can't use my blender. Kitchen Aid has failed their customers. Why should I buy a complete new machine when all I need is a $22.00 Jar. Is this coincidence?

The cookware that we use the most have lost their non-stick coating. My wife and I had always dreamed of having a set of KitchenAid cookware. Now, I just throw my hands in the air.

My daughter received a set of KitchenAid cookware in November 2009 for bridal shower. She began using them in February 2010. The non stick surface has peeled and chipped. She has not used any abrasive tools or cleaners on them.

I purchased a KitchenAid non-stick turkey roasting pan with lift rack. After the first use, the non-stick surface peeled away from the pan. I then threw it away. It’s not a very good experience with KitchenAid. No physical damage, just disappointment.

I bought a KitchenAid crock pot with a 7 quart removable crock. After using it 3 or 4 times, there appeared to be liquid leaking out of the vessel onto the heating housing. After another time, it increased. I called customer service and they promptly sent me another one. Within four more uses, the same thing happened. I saw no reason to continue cooking with that brand if the crocks kept cracking. No physical damage occurred, but I couldn't find another crock pot at that time that was the same size for a reasonable price.

I received a Kitchen Aid 10-piece cookware set for Christmas from my parents who live 4 hours away. I registered the products on December 26th online, and on December 27th I removed the cookware from the package and began washing the pots, pans and lids so I could use them. When I was washing the Dutch oven, I noticed that all around the top of the pot (on the rim) was all gouged and scratched. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the frying pan was also damaged, with scratches in the middle of the pan. I grabbed the leaflets of papers that came with the product, where the "Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty" states:

“Thank you for purchasing our cookware. We wish you years of cooking enjoyment. We're confident the quality of KitchenAid cookware meets the highest standards. If you have any problems with your cookware, please contact our Customer Satisfaction Center via the web at kitchenaid.ca or by phone at 1-800-61-6721. We'll respond to your questions promptly. If a pan is found defective during the first year of ownership, we'll send a free replacement pan and will have the defective pan picked up from your home and returned to us for free. All you need to do is take the new pan out of the box, put the old pan in, seal the box and send it back from your front door. Plus, KitchenAid cookware carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty. This means it is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal household use for the lifetime of the cookware.

KitchenAid promises the original purchaser to replace any defective part or item during the warranty period. If the product is out of production, a pan of similar value will be substituted. This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, or commercial use. Scratches, stains, discoloration, damage from overheating or damage from use of automatic dishwasher are not covered by this warranty. Incidental or consequential damages are not covered by this warranty. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from province to province.”

I called the 1-800 number listed and spoke to a representative. I told him the situation - that I had been given the cookware as a Christmas gift, and what was wrong with the products; and he told me that I would have to ship the products to Montreal. I told him that "that's not what the Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty" states and quoted the warranty. He told me to return the product to where it was purchased along with the receipt. I re-stated to him, "It was a gift. I don't have a receipt." I said to him, "Don't you have to send me the new pans, and then I return these damaged ones in the packaging, like it says in the warranty?"

He says, "That warranty is only for the [United] States. If you live in Canada, you have to send it to Montreal." I said, "Well, that's not what this piece of paper that says ‘Warranty’ written on it says. And if that's the case, then why does it say on the warranty to contact kitchenaid.CA, rather than kitchenaid.COM?" I then asked him, "So if I have to send this to Montreal, who pays for the shipping?" He said, “We would reimburse you the cost of shipping with the sales receipt." I re-stated again, "It was a gift. I don't have a receipt." He told me then I'd have to cover the cost of the shipping, and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get my cookware returned to me. I told him that that was utterly ridiculous and asked then to speak to a supervisor or manager. He took my name and number (even though he already had my name and number) and said that someone would call me back. They haven't.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Available from major retailers nationwide, KitchenAid was founded in 1919 with its iconic and beloved Stand Mixer. The company is known for its timeless craftsmanship.

• Nonstick finish: The company has a porcelain enamel interior on their cookware that helps brown food quickly and evenly.
  • Versatile: Consumers can use KitchenAid Cookware on gas, electric and induction stove tops.
  • Stainless steel base: Ideal for even heat distribution, the stainless-steel base by KitchenAid is extremely durable.
  • Colorful options: When buying from kitchenAid, Consumers have the option to choose between several colorfast finishes that resist fading and discoloration.
  • Dishwasher safe: Most pieces by the company can safely be washed in a dishwasher.
  • Best for Beginner cooks, home cooks, home chefs and professional chefs.

Compare Cookware Brands