Maytag Microwaves

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Microwaves Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag Microwaves?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I purchased an over the range microwave (OTR), boxing day 2018. It failed January 2021. It worked great before failing. The issue with Maytag/Whirlpool is their service. I told them before they came out that I was only interested in having it fixed if it could be done that day. They checked that they had the parts and said they could do it, so I moved forward with the appointment. Well they didn't fix it, and said that they need to order a part, which they said would take several weeks. They are trying to bill me the service fee $167, and expect me to wait a month or possibly more to get the part and fix the microwave. Now I'm faced with having to pay a service fee for something not fixed and buying a new microwave. Lesson: Never try to repair, cheaper to buy a new product. Other lesson, never buy Maytag or Whirlpool product again. Despite what is on their website and advertising, they have terrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

It's unfortunate that Maytag expects their products to be so short lived, they won't produce parts for their appliances after 7 years. They just told me they are only required by law to make parts for their products for 7 years so that's what they do. So unfortunately, if your microwave outlives its handle, you're going to have to replace the entire appliance which will cost me almost $500. I will never buy another Maytag or Whirlpool products because of this.

Get buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Purchased an over the cooktop microwave 3 years ago, it came with a 20 year warranty. It stopped working and I promptly emailed Maytag customer service. It took them over 3 weeks before they responded. That is not acceptable. Did they think I had a back-up microwave to take its place until they finally got around to reply to me? Well we could not wait, and we just threw that piece of junk out and had it replaced with a competitor's unit. We will never buy Maytag again and will inform anyone we know about the poor operation of Maytag products and lousy customer service. My suggestion to anyone considering Maytag products is to not waste your time and money and look to another manufacturer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Maytag appliances just hold up. I have an 'over the stove' vented Microwave and I just love it. Hard to find white with a metal door pull. If there were something I'd change about the design, it would be to find a better trim material that stays white and not goes to slightly yellow. Same with the dishwasher (Maytag). Love my Maytag appliances.. Never let me down.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I purchased this microwave for its looks, but really like how it works. The only reason I didn’t give it a 5 score is because the control panel is not user friendly. It is not loud at all (while it’s running), in fact I sometimes forget (I’ll get busy doing something else) that I put something in there until the buzzer goes off and it has a reminder buzzer too if you don’t remove your food. Clean up is easy. Not a lot of spaces inside for splashed on food to get caught it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

The only complaint is the lights on the bottom quit working about a month after we purchased. It was nice to light up the stovetop when cooking. Now it’s slightly dark. I have gotten used to this. We spent about $8000 on all the matching Maytag appliances we purchased. I would love to replace all but not in the budget. I am a dissatisfied Maytag customer.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Called about our upteenth issue with our Maytag microwave. Was told the part was covered but we would have to pay for service. The last tech told us how to wiggle the part to make it work. Paid a fortune and it broke again. They do not care about customers!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Like all of the other reviews, I have had this microwave less than two years and it won’t run and reads “door open”. I am filing with the Better Business Bureau as the product advertises “partS” under 10 year under warranty when in reality it is one part with a VERY limited warranty. In order to determine if my issue was covered under warranty I would need to pay $189 not including parts in labor. I called several times and customer service indicated that they had never heard of this issue (which upon looking at this site seems hard to believe) and I would need to gamble the $189 to see if it was covered. Terrible product, terrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

All my kitchen appliances are from Maytag, however I would highly recommend buying the extended warranty for any appliance you buy. Maytag is not helpful to customers when it comes to repairs. They will recommend you their authorized companies which here in Colorado Springs are the one with the worse review and already knowing the the repair will cost more than the cost of a new one. You will have to be available 5 hours of your day and spend $110 for a guy to come to your house and tell you that the repair will cost more than a new one. Oh and if your microwave is a 2.0 CU like mine you will have to pay $300 plus in double labor because your microwave will require two people to take it down from the kitchen cabinet.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I just bought a brand new Maytag microwave a few weeks ago. The door is already broken! I’ve been sitting here 4 hours! waiting for a repairman man. No call, no show! I am missing work and gym time because MAYTAG sold me a faulty microwave in the first place! Never again will I buy Maytag products!

Maytag author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Maytag has been in the business of providing home appliances for 100 years. They sell washing machines, microwaves, heating and cooling units and much more for the home. They promote their products as the "hardest-working helper in the house."

• Large capacity: Maytag doesn't bother with small microwaves, instead you'll find a small range of high-volume models reaching up to 2.2 cubic feet in size.

• Color selection: Every Maytag microwave comes with a color selection. Choose between black, white or stainless steel.

• Charcoal odor filter: Keep cooking smells from overwhelming your kitchen and home with the odor filter.

• 10-year warranty: Coverage for parts and internal damage is included for 10 years.

• WideGlide tray: The tray holds dishes up to 10" x 15" that would never work inside a turntable-style microwave.

Maytag Microwaves Company Information