Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Maytag Microwaves Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

The microwave does everything I need and want it to do perfectly. It has never needed to be repaired or replaced in five years. We bought it on sale from Best Buy and consider it one of the best bargains we have ever made. Easy to operate, easy to clean, sleek and, for an appliance, quite personable. I find it refreshing to say something nice about an inanimate object.

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were offered a Maytag microwave with our newly built home two years ago. I do not know if it was a good value for the money compared to other brands as I did not price or feature shop for this oven. But the oven has worked well since we moved in.

Get expert buying tips about Microwaves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I have enjoyed my microwave and it has lasted 10 years so far. The only problem I have had is the handle coming off but I clip it back on. Also I changed the bulb. The microwave is over the stove and matched the rest of my appliances. Basically, I would recommend Maytag for any appliances that a person would need to buy.

Original review: July 8, 2019

It’s a nice look to your kitchen first, and an easy clean. Works great for heating up stuff in a hurry and makes popcorn perfect on the popcorn button. Does ok at melting things. I have been happy with mine for 3 yrs so far.

Original review: July 3, 2019

It has all the features we like and use every day. Timer, lights, fan, built-in Above stove, use minutes or preprogrammed Turntable, quiet, white in color, easy cleaning. Easy to replace filter and light.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maytag?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Our Maytag microwave MMV4205FZ-0 has the same ubiquitous problem as so many reviewers have mentioned. The microwave refuses to turn on (always at the most inopportune moments--like when the entire family is over for dinner. It doesn't matter how many times you open and close the door, it will often refuse to start. I think the worst part about this situation is that there are so many reviewers experiencing the exact same problem. Imagine how many haven't posted a review. Doesn't it seem as though a rethinking of the door switch would have been in order long ago along with a recall? The fact that hasn't happened after so long and so many customers who are disappointed in their purchase is a sad commentary.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

We bought this from our local big box retailer paying $433.87 after installation, the oven, haul away and home delivery. Two years and 3 months later it's a boat anchor. Display is cold and dark after stating we needed to open and close the door before it would heat. We did but it kept displaying the same message. Unplugged it, turned circuit off per Maytag customer service line, still nothing. It is no longer made and you can't get parts. It is useless. The 10 year warranty just covers the magnet and the cavity.

Original review: July 2, 2019

This microwave doesn't rotate in use, it only goes back and forth...not as good! I believe the rotating type of microwaves heat your food more evenly, but it might just be a personal preference. I would NOT recommend this type of microwave.

Original review: March 4, 2019

It seems to be a broken record with other reviews. I had a 2 year old microwave and the door doesn't recognize that it's closed. Which means it won't turn on when I close the door. So you have to open and close it maybe 30-50 times and sometimes it works. I call Maytag who schedules a company but doesn't disclose anything about the warranty or service cost. I was thinking it would be a nominal fee since it falls under a 10 year warranty. The company calls and confirms the cost and I recheck with Maytag who said that the warranty only covers parts. So I buy a $300 microwave and have to pay $160 for a service visit because your company made inferior parts. Absolute sham of a company. Buyer Beware...

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Purchased this Maytag microwave brand new on April 2017. In January 2019 began to have issues with the display reading open/close door. Maytag would send a repairman for $160 to take a look at the problem. Parts of course are extra. I will never buy a Maytag product again.

Maytag expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Maytag has been in the business of providing home appliances for 100 years. They sell washing machines, microwaves, heating and cooling units and much more for the home. They promote their products as the "hardest-working helper in the house."

• Large capacity: Maytag doesn't bother with small microwaves, instead you'll find a small range of high-volume models reaching up to 2.2 cubic feet in size.

• Color selection: Every Maytag microwave comes with a color selection. Choose between black, white or stainless steel.

• Charcoal odor filter: Keep cooking smells from overwhelming your kitchen and home with the odor filter.

• 10-year warranty: Coverage for parts and internal damage is included for 10 years.

• WideGlide tray: The tray holds dishes up to 10" x 15" that would never work inside a turntable-style microwave.

• Best for: Large families. The size and basic functionality of the ranges makes these ideal for families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs