Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
LG Washing Machines
2.08/5

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

2355 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Using a LG washing machine is like having a full time job. It take 90 minutes on a good day to do a what they call a 57 minute wash cycle. I have spent as may as 4 hours trying to do a load of towels, finally had to remove half the load and start again. Machine has flooded my basement four times because the water doesn't shut off when done. You have to shut the water off during the spin cycle. During the spin cycle you have to stop and level the load several times. I would beat my clothes on a rock before I buy another LG washing machine.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased an LG topload washer - model #WT7600HWA in September of last year. Immediately I noticed that the clothes came out dingy and old looking. In December I noticed that some sort of fibrous looking matter was on the clothes when I removed them from the washer. It has gotten progressively worse and my clothes are being ruined as I have to rinse them several times and I still can't get it all off. Since January I have made at least 12 calls to customer service, executive services and now have been bumped up to product specialists. I have had 4 service calls and spoken with the manager of the department in the retail store where we purchased the machine. The LG service man who was last here acknowledged that there was a problem as he actually saw it on my clothes but told me that he could find no source for it so LG wouldn't replace the machine.

I have documented with pictures and sent two letters with another going out today; have researched online and found complaints of the same thing happening to other people; and called my own appliance repair company that I have used on other appliances. They told me they had a customer with the exact same problem. They went out and took her machine apart and they were not able to find the source of the problem either. The matter that is left on the clothes looks like white/tan specks all of the clothes or it comes out in big streaks and smears. In my conversations with each and every department they have given me tasks and advice that contradict the information in their own product manual.

I have run tub clean per their instructions many times. With product; with bleach; without anything; have had our water tested and drained our hot water heater. All to no avail. I think the appliance is defective in some way and LG will not replace it. It is ruining my clothes. At this rate I will have to purchase a new washer and a new wardrobe!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

LG washers & dryers steel drum cracked and flooded my utility room, den area kitchen and two hallways in our home. Resolution dept/LG Risk Management Dept. tactics are unethical. The drum/tub is only partially plastic not steel. LG told me I had to get my homeowners insurance to pay for floor damage. They are awful. I contacted a number of appliance retailers and told my story and their reply was, "This is why we don't even carry LG." Their appliances are pretty but that's about all. Their appliance performance and dependability does not measure up in essence. Buyer beware with LG manufacturers!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My washer smells bad. It is a top load. I hate that about my washer. I do clean as recommended. I hate the dryer too. It kicks off before cloth are dry. We have to remove the dry ones and restart. Not something you can do as a working mom. Place close in dryer before leaving for work. I hate my set.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I do not like the fact that keeping the washer door closed makes your washing machine stink plus your clothes. I won't buy a front loading washer ever again. Mildew on rubber gasket around door has to be wiped clean constantly... Never again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I love this dryer! I like the flexibility of entering in the temp and length of cycle or just pick a cycle pre-set. But it takes a while to see which pre-set cycle will work. For instance, drying sheets on normal cycle isn't going to work. I select bulky and it gets the job done. We have had this machine for about three years now and have had no problems at all.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The washer has a sour smell in it. The little song that plays when your wash doesn't work and the dryer cuts off a lot. Leaving my clothes wet. I have been unhappy with this set since they were purchased. They were more expensive and was certainly not worth it. I would never buy this product again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This machine does not move clothes from the top to bottom and there have been times I take clothes out and there are dry areas - water hasn’t even touched those areas. Whatever is on the top stays there - just shifts from side to side unlike the video. I’ve watched it. It defeats the purpose of HE to use the water plus feature - it’s the only way clothes have a chance to get fully wet. I had a front loader previously for 10 years and wanted to give this a chance. It’s awful and an agitator machine is better than this. Extremely disappointed in LG. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Our LG clothes washer is consistently - awful! Clothes come out ‘stiff' and unwashed. For example, a folded handkerchief comes out of the wash still perfectly folded. Terrycloth towels come out stiff and scratchy instead of soft and relatively fluffy. Most of the time, some parts of a pair of pants, for example, are not even wet when the wash is done. The problem, I think, is lack of water. It is impossible to get enough water into the (front-loading) machine to properly wash clothes - even when the extra water option is used. Way back when I lived in military barracks and used front-loading washing machines, the water level was generally a third to half way up the front 'window'. Not so with this LG machine. I really regret buying it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I find the cycles take a long time to run through and the clothes are not always 'clean'. I have had to add extra cleaners to the washer to get large loads clean. When I add borax it doesn't always rinse out and I need to go back and rewash the load. The fact that it takes so long to do one large load is frustrating.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Within 2 years of purchasing our top-load (no center agitator) washer/dryer set, the metal around the bleach dispenser in the washer began to rust. We lifted the top of the washer and the entire bottom was rusted. It looks as if the underside of the washer top was not sealed properly from water damage. We found many other similar complaints online and contacted LG, only to be told that the rust is 'cosmetic'. Soon our bleach dispenser will be unusable. During a normal cycle, water runs through the bleach dispenser, so even if I stop using it for bleach, the rusty water will still enter the washer drum. There is no reality in which rust running into the washer should be considered 'cosmetic'.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Machine leaves fuzz and white streaks on clothes. Have tried to speak with LG. They have not helped. Horrible company. The promises made by call centers were lies. LG said that I wasn’t separating clothes properly. I’m 69 years old and have been doing laundry for over 50 years.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The people who sold me it promised to come fix it if I ever needed it, they lied. My dryer sucks, I have to run it twice just to get my clothes dried. Worse thing ever. Absolutely awful. I will never buy an LG again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Love my LG washer and dryer. The steam function on both has been a great way of taking care of wrinkles and freshness. The quick wash function is exactly that - super quick. I am pleased with how well it cleans all types of fabrics. My only criticism would be the sensor function on the dryer. It is the same complaint I have regarding all sensor type dryers though - they really don’t do a great job and you often come down to find the dryer off and the clothing still damp. The time dry function and personalized functions are very good though.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I am enjoying my LG washer. Have had little problems with it. Only concern is hat there are not any repair companies local that deal with LG. The one time I did have to call for a problem, it was obvious that the person was reading from a script. They could not offer any help or answer my questions. I ended up finding an answer to my problem online.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

LG top load, billed as innovative. Maybe it is. But it also does not get my clothes clean on any cycle or dirt level. Billed as easy to remove clothes. Nope, unless you're 5'4 minimum. At 5'2" & crippling back pain, this is a top 3 bad investment.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a top load LG washer and dryer about 5 years ago. The washer takes 3 times as long to complete cycles than it should. It begins to rinse and spin, then the UE signal comes on. After rebalancing the clothes the rinsing and spinning cycles begin again and the entire sequence happens over and over. I now have to manually wait for the spinning to almost finish then stop the cycle (this even happens with small loads so I am not overloading the washer). The washer has been balanced numerous times as well. If I don’t monitor the situation it can take over 2 1/2 hours for a simple load of laundry to finish. I have also noticed a foul smell at times which necessitates the use of bleach and/or Lysol for cleaning the tub. The dryer has been fine but the washer has been very disappointing and I’m sure has cost much more in utility bills due to unmonitored cycle times when I am not watching closely enough.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I miss that beater bar the regular machines have. This washer does not remove the sweaty odors very well. I end up soaking my clothes for hours before washing, and then, some do not smell clean. I have tried numerous techniques, some are good. I just have to place my outdoor clothes in a separate container to soak in a solution before washing...

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

It simply just cleans clothes, doesn’t get stains out, doesn’t do any thing specific, and I’m short at a normal 5 ft. So the tub is a bit of a struggle to get into. So really other than the Oxi Sanitize which by the way takes 2 hours or some closely equivalent the washer is a plain Jane overly machine.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Purchased an LG front load washer and dryer. Great looking and performance of units. A few issues of water leaking while being installed by crew. Had some noise issues because of stacked configuration. Worked issues out. Still going. Seem to really clean clothes with less water being needed. Very reliable so far. Seems to be a good investment.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I have no issue about the washer and its performance. My issue I have is the smell and mold that develops on the rubber gasket. I have to constantly clean and deodorize the washer. At time I have to constantly re-balance the load especially when doing towels or other heavy items.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

LG washer does not seem to clean well. I bought the top loading model has no drum arm, uses the new technology but doesn't seem to clean as well as the older models. Seems to have issues filling with water to proper level to wash clothes probably poor sensor issues, but LG service never corrects issues.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The washer is a bit noisier and vibrates more than I anticipated. Not sure if it's a leveling issue or what might be causing it. But does a good job with the clothes. It has much more capability than I'm using.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Quiet. Easy to operate. Less energy used. Looks are great. Stackable is better. Clothes are as expected very clean. Sanitation and self-cleaning are great as is steam. Many options for temperatures - spin time and soil levels.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Avoid if possible. Bought a washer and dryer pair. It arrived fine and the washer seemed to have mounted great. When it came time for the dryer after the installation, the dryer started giving errors about the ducks being blocked. First checked the actual installed duck work, that didn't help; then removed the dryer from atop the washer and removed the exhaust altogether, this also did not remove the issue. Started contacting the LG support, after some back and forth; reset the machine a couple of times and this also caused no breakthrough. They scheduled a technician to come in 3 days from then.

The day the service was supposed to be done, I took a day off work and had a 2 hr time slot. The time slot came and when with no technician. I've contacted the support again about why he did not show up. They provided me with no concrete reason as to why, and no explanation why they didn't even contact me about it. More back and forth on how to solve this issue and as it turns out they cannot even rebook me for another time slot; since there are no open slots. So now, I'm two weeks into not be able to use a dryer with no time that a technician can come in to fix it, and support who don't really care if this gets solved. All of this on a $2500 purchase of a brand new set. To summarize avoid buying LG.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Our LG lasted 14 years. We were so happy that we got another one just like it. We just got a newer model from Home Depot with installation.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Appearance: Red. (Love it). But, the letter/words that they use to mark which button do which, are about all worn off. The machines scratch easily. The door to the washer must be left open, so as to avoid the mildew smell. Sometimes upon opening the door, water will come out the front. Just a drizzle, right down the front of the machine. Crappy seals in my book. Oh, those are the seals that make me have to leave my washer door open. The machine is suppose to self-level. Not always true.

As far as it actually doing its job, half way only. I only use half the amount of HE soap it says because the machine will not rinse out all the soap. So much for energy efficient. This machine runs at least 2x the amount of time as the old ones do. And for what? To save water? Why? It uses double/triple the amount of electricity. Bring back the oldies, but goodies. Oh, last but not least, the soap tray where you put not only soap but fabric softener and bleach, NEVER NEVER NEVER is empty. It ALWAYS has water sitting in the bleach cup. And once in a while, I will find that the soap did not come out either. So tell me, what's so great about an LG? Oh ya... The long washer times that supposedly get your clothes cleaner? I think it wears out my clothes sooner.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The LG will not spin clothes dry enough. Uses too much water rinses everything twice. Constantly off balance no matter how many or how few clothes you are washing. Very unhappy with this product. Dryer is ok.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We got the old LG models washer and dryer. Dryer didn’t last more than five years. Washer doesn’t do a great job. Has left brown marks on loads, the need to wash a washer is asinine. My mom’s 1980 top loader is still in operation and the clothes are cleaner and smell clean. Not sure what I’m smelling from my washer. New dryer that replaced it turns off before cycle is done.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Our LG front load washer performs perfectly. The clothes are clean and smell great. Many people think that front load washer leak, this is not true. They do use less water but you will be amazed at how clean your wash is. Think about investing in a good machine, you won't regret it.

LG Washing Machines Company Information