Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

2335 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Our LG lasted 14 years. We were so happy that we got another one just like it. We just got a newer model from Home Depot with installation.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Appearance: Red. (Love it). But, the letter/words that they use to mark which button do which, are about all worn off. The machines scratch easily. The door to the washer must be left open, so as to avoid the mildew smell. Sometimes upon opening the door, water will come out the front. Just a drizzle, right down the front of the machine. Crappy seals in my book. Oh, those are the seals that make me have to leave my washer door open. The machine is suppose to self-level. Not always true.

As far as it actually doing its job, half way only. I only use half the amount of HE soap it says because the machine will not rinse out all the soap. So much for energy efficient. This machine runs at least 2x the amount of time as the old ones do. And for what? To save water? Why? It uses double/triple the amount of electricity. Bring back the oldies, but goodies. Oh, last but not least, the soap tray where you put not only soap but fabric softener and bleach, NEVER NEVER NEVER is empty. It ALWAYS has water sitting in the bleach cup. And once in a while, I will find that the soap did not come out either. So tell me, what's so great about an LG? Oh ya... The long washer times that supposedly get your clothes cleaner? I think it wears out my clothes sooner.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The LG will not spin clothes dry enough. Uses too much water rinses everything twice. Constantly off balance no matter how many or how few clothes you are washing. Very unhappy with this product. Dryer is ok.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We got the old LG models washer and dryer. Dryer didn’t last more than five years. Washer doesn’t do a great job. Has left brown marks on loads, the need to wash a washer is asinine. My mom’s 1980 top loader is still in operation and the clothes are cleaner and smell clean. Not sure what I’m smelling from my washer. New dryer that replaced it turns off before cycle is done.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Our LG front load washer performs perfectly. The clothes are clean and smell great. Many people think that front load washer leak, this is not true. They do use less water but you will be amazed at how clean your wash is. Think about investing in a good machine, you won't regret it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The washer/dryer are quite stylish, work well. The washer is very versatile and can clean small or large loads. There are a myriad of cycles, many I do not use. There are only two adults in the household. The dryer works well and does not over dry the clothes. My only complaint is that the washer takes way too long on the normal cycle. Thus I use the quick cycle on most loads.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have a top load none agitator, extra water if needed. The dryer has a steam cycle, de-wrinklier. If anyone buys this product I believe you’ll be so happy. My washer has a lot of users so let’s see how it holds up.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My LG washer was purchased at least 12 years ago, and it has worked almost flawlessly since then. The only problems are that the door needs a yank to get it opened and I have to be careful not to put in too much detergent or it will leak. My biggest complaint with this front loader is that it sounds like an airplane taking off during the spin cycle.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I like the features, very efficient, easy to use, easy to wash big blankets and comforters, cleaning cycles are very good, you know when to put the fleecy, it beeps when the cycle is completed, every brand works but I like this brand the best, I would recommend this brand to all my family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Washer was expensive, but did get rebate from local water company for front-loading, high-efficiency rating. The display panel is really poorly designed and I have to get a flashlight to see it, big annoyance. It's fairly quiet, but takes forever (over an hr. is not unusual) to do a normal or heavy load of wash.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

For the front loading washer needs to find a way to drain better so that it doesn’t smell and leave a bad aroma not only in the washer on the clothes which then makes the dryer smell but also the laundry room and area.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Do not get the washer without the agitator in the center of the washer. Now they are putting them back in. They don’t clean as well. Get the one where you can also add extra water. Or just add it yourself if need be. No idea who came up with the bright idea to take the agitators out. Not a good idea.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I am unhappy with the washer because it doesn’t allow you to choose water temperature or usage. Clothes don’t get completely get submerged in water and are not thoroughly rinsed and therefore cause rashes. The hoses did not hold up and caused floor damage from leaking.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased an LG washer and dryer approximately two years ago. I’ve had no problem with the dryer however occasionally the washer doesn’t drain properly. They are front load. Even though the washer doesn’t drain properly on occasions it does an excellent job of cleaning your clothes and I don’t use bleach but my whites are just as white as when purchased.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Too damn long. Usually over an hour. It's frustrating and takes way too much of my time. If I had it to do over I would have definitely made a different decision. Moreover, I would have not shopped at Conn's.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Love my washer and dryer set. They are the extra large load with steam in washer and dryer. I’ve never used the steam setting in the washer but like it a lot in the dryer. It’s good to touch up wrinkles. The set is also very attractive.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We purchased a LG front load washer about ten years ago and it has performed flawlessly. I did a good bit of research before buying this washing machine. I wanted a direct drive and not a belt driven machine so as to not have to worry about a belt wearing out. As far as the musky smell a lot of people complain about with front load machines, all you need to do is leave the door open a few inches so the moisture can evaporate and we have never had a problem. Our LG machine cleans our clothes very nicely and with the high speed spin our clothes come out with very little moisture in them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

This machine is wonderful! I don't do a lot of laundry as I'm single. I can do a load on quick turbo wash in 25 minutes. I love that feature. The clothes come out clean even in the short wash! I do wipe the door and inside rubber gasket after each wash and leave the door slightly ajar always.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Over the years we have tried virtually all the other brands listed, none can even come close to LG's features as well as getting the cloths clean, the capacity of their larger machines let you wash very very large items (sleeping bags, blankets, pillows etc) and their larger dryers handle the larger loads as well, they have great warranty coverage combined with follow up service, how can you beat that?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

In July of 2019 I purchased an LG Direct Drive top load washer and matching dryer. This set performs much as my last set (Kenmore front loader) did but they are noisy, especially the washer which has a persistent loud squeak. I don't notice any difference between the front and top loader as far as cleaning, but this top loader fits a lot more in it, big quilts included. Occasionally the clothes come out with white stuff on them and I have to rinse and spin again - no idea why this happens or the squeak, neither of which happens when a service man is present. There are plenty of setting options to choose from on both units, but I wish they had 'small load' options. They look great and work well but I'm not sure I'd buy them again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Dependable, easy to clean, durable because it lasts beautiful, strong and big enough to load my king comforter. Easy to assemble when needed. LG easily able to contact with questions and maybe same if I need their service.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Have had no problems with front loading washer and dryer. Bought biggest capacity of both appliances with pedestals. No more getting on my knees to check for left behind clothes. They are so quiet, I have to check if they are done.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The 2 issues we’ve had in 4 1/2 years of ownership are: an occasional water leak at the bottom of the washer and sometimes needing two drying cycles to dry heavy items such as bath towels and jeans. For the latter, we sometimes dry only 4-5 items at a time and they dry out okay but for the washer I’ve tightened water hose connectors and sometimes there are no problems, other times when we’re washing full loads, the leaking occurs. Otherwise we’ve had no issues where the washer or dryer stopped working or was malfunctioning, so generally we’re satisfied with the LG’s overall performance.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I have the stackable. It cleans like any other and of course, no agitator. I have have the front load washer & dryer (top and bottom mount) for about four years and have not had any issues. I am not a fan of the less water it uses, but so far I believe it cleans nicely. It plays a tune when you turn it on and when the cycle ends. They have a much nicer appearance than the top loaders.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We have 2 LG devices, washer and dryer, both less than 2 years old. Working great so far. The only thing we don't do is use the washer's built-in dispensing system. We don't want to have any trace materials flowing around.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Bought this $900.00 nightmare from Home Depot, clothes smell horrible, washer has dirt all around top of tub, soap dispenser does not work!! Gave up my old Maytag for this South Korean made piece of junk!! Never again!! Home Depot will not stand behind the products they carry either!! Will never, ever buy another LG product!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We purchased LG front loading machine 10 years ago. For these 10 years we had 6 repaired done which cost us close to additional $1000. Today was going to be the 7 repair, however we found out that LG stopped offering parts for our model (parts discontinued). When I called LG customer service, instead of them offering solution, I was asked if I need a service to come and take the washer to a junkyard... People do not spent your hard earned money to buy from this company.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Beautiful on the outside. To save water it only wets clothes so they do not get clean. Have to wash everything twice and use perfumed Unstoppables. It cannot handle bulky items like sofa covers, or rugs as once they are wet they become too heavy for the load sensor so machine stops. I hate it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My washer didn't work after 3 years. The dryer is 5 years old and is starting to have issues. I think they make them to break so you will have to spend more. I replaced my washer with the cheapest one the store had and I'm very happy with it 2 years later.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My LG doesn’t have an agitator, so my good clothes are holding up better. However, the washer does not get clothes very clean. The water economy is dramatic, reduced my water usage by 50%. This is my first HE model, it is ok, but nothing special. It is 3 years old and hasn’t broken down. For the price point $1600 for the pair, it is very average.

LG Washing Machines Company Information