Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
LG Washing Machines
2.07/5

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

2360 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We purchased a LG front load washer about ten years ago and it has performed flawlessly. I did a good bit of research before buying this washing machine. I wanted a direct drive and not a belt driven machine so as to not have to worry about a belt wearing out. As far as the musky smell a lot of people complain about with front load machines, all you need to do is leave the door open a few inches so the moisture can evaporate and we have never had a problem. Our LG machine cleans our clothes very nicely and with the high speed spin our clothes come out with very little moisture in them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

In July of 2019 I purchased an LG Direct Drive top load washer and matching dryer. This set performs much as my last set (Kenmore front loader) did but they are noisy, especially the washer which has a persistent loud squeak. I don't notice any difference between the front and top loader as far as cleaning, but this top loader fits a lot more in it, big quilts included. Occasionally the clothes come out with white stuff on them and I have to rinse and spin again - no idea why this happens or the squeak, neither of which happens when a service man is present. There are plenty of setting options to choose from on both units, but I wish they had 'small load' options. They look great and work well but I'm not sure I'd buy them again.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The 2 issues we’ve had in 4 1/2 years of ownership are: an occasional water leak at the bottom of the washer and sometimes needing two drying cycles to dry heavy items such as bath towels and jeans. For the latter, we sometimes dry only 4-5 items at a time and they dry out okay but for the washer I’ve tightened water hose connectors and sometimes there are no problems, other times when we’re washing full loads, the leaking occurs. Otherwise we’ve had no issues where the washer or dryer stopped working or was malfunctioning, so generally we’re satisfied with the LG’s overall performance.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was so happy to get a new washer and dryer after about 10 years with my old set. I purchased the LG large capacity set. The washer was a front load. At first things went well, then little by little I began to notice our clothes came out smelling unclean. Regardless of the detergent, softener, etc, it made no difference. The energy saving, low level of water, simply means your clothes will slosh around in a small amount of dirty water, and then rinse with a small amount of water. There is nothing clean about that! When we sold our home I let the set go with the house, vowing to never purchase a front load HE washer again. The dryer was great.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We just got this machine in last Friday. After doing a few loads over the weekend, I was wondering if there was something wrong. The black control panel is very hard to read! It has gray lettering on a black background. I called LG to see if there was a backlight that wasn't working, and was told that there is no backlight. Seems to me that LG has mad a very basic design error with the panel. It should have white lettering, as do most other machines with this type of panel. I actually made myself a vinyl overlay with white lettering to make it more usable for myself. Something that LG needs to address ASAP!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: June 11, 2019

The experience with this washer in particular but also the dryer is among the worst We have made. Now that my four children have moved out I figured I would be doing less washing and drying. I’ve owned this product for two years. I’ve already spent close to $200 having somebody replace a drum. The washer in particular does not drain properly and I have to physically open the tube and sit there with a bowl draining water sometimes 5 to 7 times or the clothes will be soaked smelly and filled with filthy water along with the bottom of the washer. Sometimes water leaks out of the bottom. I couldn’t even begin to go through the litany of the defects. Glad I’m selling my house soon and will be sure to leave this here. Never will I buy another product from this company again. I can’t remember the last time I had to submit a review so negative.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I have had this washer and Dryer set for less than two years. I have called and complained about the washer about once and month. First the smell issue, then the clothes being half dry and now the mold or some kind of something being left on the clothes. First off when I call they have no record of the previous calls! They tell me do the clean cycle, joke doesn’t work! Then they say less clothes, doesn’t work! My clothes are literally covered in something after every load and it’s not getting any better.

I’m going to buy a new machine and I will trailer this thing around as a lemon! LG Products and customer service are a joke! DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!!! I also had a refrigerator that sat in my living room for 2 months because I couldn’t find a repairman to even come work on it and then LG sent out one of their people only to have him tell me it was a known issue and they had to replace the compressor under warranty after they tried to get me to pay for it first!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS TO ANYONE!! MONEY PITS!!!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Purchased in Washer and dry at Best Buy 9 mo ago for my vacation home. Used total of 4 x. Washer makes a loud squeak. Reported after first use in March, 2019. Called LG, CS sent A&E Factory service tech (from Sears). Tech diagnosed needing suspension rods. Replaced, no fix. Called LG CS. They resent A&E our, applied lubricant, no resolve.

Called CS for both A&E and LG. No one takes responsibility to return item for new product. Spoke to CS numerous times and they do not care and continue to do the service call dance with no resolve to the squeak. They don’t care if it is new. They will not replace. Their social media site is less than helpful too. Pass the buck. Hate this company and their incompetence and lack of quality products. They sell defective products and do not stand behind them. Do not buy LG!!!! Save yourself headaches and agitation with incompetent CS agents.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Bought a brand new stacking washer/ dryer set in March of 2018. Loved the features and functions, and it ran smooth and quiet. By January 2019, the door hinge had seized, and we noticed dried soapy residue under the left side of the machine. Had to argue with LG to replace hinge under warranty, and they tried to charge me to un-stack the unit. The tech said that we should be more careful loading soap into the tray, and that dripping soap gets on the hinges and eats the metal. Seems like a pretty big problem for a washing machine where the dispenser tray is right above the door hinge.

By April, the latch had also failed, but was out of warranty. Fortunately I had purchased an extended warranty. They also tried to hit me for $150 to un-stack the unit. Now here we are in June 2019, with a seized hinge again! Door won't fully open or close, and now the door leaks when a cycle is run. However, the unit is also leaking from inside the soap apparatus somewhere inside the machine. The entire leg, face plate, and the inside of the machine is rusting below the soap tray. This probably caused the first hinge issue.

Warranty company says it is a pre-existing condition and will not cover corrosion and rust related issues as that should be by the manufacturer. LG says it's not their problem, and only offer a 90 day warranty on first hinge replacement, which is expired. I am now on the hook for the entire repair, which is yet to be determined (since I have to pay for someone to even come out and tell me what is wrong). Not even a year into it, and this thing is a piece of garbage. With the two units, tax, delivery, installation, extended warranty, new floor pan, etc., I spent $2000.00 on this set, and all of that is completely worthless when you have a problem with it.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I owned a LG top washer for a little more than two years. I had the agitator fixed the first year and it broke again the second year. When the technician fixed it, he said LG knew about the problem and it was re-engineered. It broke again. LG would not stand behind their product for replacement. Why buy an LG when you need it fixed every year? Their customer service told me it would have to break in 90 days for replacement. So if I need an annual fix it is my problem, since it did not happen in 90 days.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased a WM3500CW LG washer and matching dryer from Home Depot. They were delivered and installed on 5/16/19. When doing the first load of laundry, the washer leaked from the bottom onto my new tile floor. I contacted Home Depot and after a bit of haggling was able to get them to provide a replacement which will be delivered on 5/23. Based on this experience, I have significant concerns about the quality and durability of my new laundry equipment to the extent that I requested LG provide a warranty extension. This request was refused by LG. I will never buy an LG product again and will be sure to spread the word to friends and family that this is a brand to be avoided.

Original review: May 19, 2019

LG blamed me for a major fault with their machine and expected me to pay for the repair that was still under warranty. No-one even came to look at the machine! A 3 month old machine. I went back to the retailer who was in cohorts with LG and couldn’t care less. The arrogance of the retailer was extraordinary. It’s their culture. I made the retailer get onto LG but I’m still waiting for the part to come after 10 weeks! They just want me to go away - disgusting. Never buy anything from LG NEVER!!!!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I highly recommend NOT purchasing any LG products. Customer service is pretty much nonexistent. From the day I received my EXPENSIVE, brand NEW washing machine. There were issues. LG will only keep sending service people and replacing parts in hopes that the product will work as expected. Any REPUTABLE company would have replaced the unit immediately. CONSUMER BEWARE.

Original review: May 7, 2019

We were satisfied with the machine until the start button malfunctioned and it was impossible to operate the machine. Half a day spent searching the internet, calling parts suppliers and local repair services has confirmed that LG doesn't make spare parts. The machine is recently out of warranty, and is entirely useless. It is also impossible to contact the company; their number sends you to a contract part's warehouse whose staff are monumentally unhelpful.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Our Samsung washing machine was a replacement for a recalled Samsung washing machine. It was a top of the line machine and lasted about 3 years. Samsung provided no help or recourse to fix or replace this machine. We spent $85 for a repair person to tell us the brain was dead in the Samsung machine. Now we are using a 20 year old washing machine because our 3 year old Samsung is dead. Do not buy a Samsung washing machine!

Original review: May 5, 2019

This washer goes off kilter on any load that doesn't have exactly the same weight items in it. You can't wash jeans and tee shirts or flannels, even if you balance the jeans. A small load of like items works ok, but not much else. Large loads never fully agitate. Only the bottom of the load gets moved. The washer spends more time rebalancing itself than washing. Many times I have had to remove half the load and rinse and spin a few items at a time. Don't buy this washer.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Bought a top of the line LG washer. Washes regular loads of clothing well -- HOWEVER -- do NOT plan to wash sheets or mattress pads! No matter how I balanced the load, the machine cannot get through the spin cycle. This morning, I have taken some out (that didn't help) -- added the removed blanket back (that didn't work - no matter how I repositioned the items) -- put the first piece back and added additional sheets, hoping that would enable the machine to spin (nope - still won't spin!) I replaced my older Maytag front loader with this LG one and am SOOOO sorry we did!

Please pay attention to the other reviewers advising against purchasing one of these LG washing machines! They are not exaggerating! This is a nightmare! LG serviceman could not help -- told me to only place items that fill the washer 2/3's full. Doing with this with bedding only makes the "unbalance" worse. Not sure what I'm going to do with the wet mess I have in my laundry room at this point! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Original review: May 5, 2019

I purchased an expensive LG washer and dryer new 16 months ago. The writing has worn off of the controls in the front and we can't tell what cycle we are on. Customer Service has been a nightmare. I strongly recommend staying away from this machine or company.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I've had it one week. DO NOT LIKE. I've used several times for one load (not large, not small, regular size load). Things are NOT clean at all. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I've done everything right. The dryer I had went out. I bought a dryer and matching washing machine. The clothes smell bad, have lint on them before they get in the dryer, stains won't come out even with Clorox. I am going to call the store and the company Monday.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have hated this washer almost since we bought it. Not long after we got it something in computer board malfunctioned within 6 months of buying it. Had to have a repair man come fix it. It is a LG WaveForce with direct drive inverter. It stops and beeps all the time because clothes are unbalanced. I don't feel it cleans my clothes very well. I have a hard time getting my clothes out of washer. (I am only 5 ft. tall so that is not really an issue with the washing machine itself.) Bottom line I will never buy a washer with a direct drive inverter. In my opinion a washer with an agitator is best for getting clothes clean.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Please don’t buy LG products. I had purchased washing machine in August, it is defective. I am suffering from last five month but no one give any resolution of my problem. Service is third class. Even they are not pick up my calls.

Original review: April 19, 2019

This is about my front-loading washer. For some reason it ties the clothes in knots all around each other. And it doesn't put enough water in the tub. Sometimes a load of clothes is still dry in the centre when I take it out. Since it's the water that cleans and your soap just helps the water, this makes the washer ineffective and difficult to use. My last front loader did neither of these things, but I was told that the quality of that brand had declined so went with LG, as I'd had good experiences with some of their other products. BAH!!

Original review: April 14, 2019

The owners manual says the cycle for Bulky/Large/Heavy duty can wash and spin 8LBS. A call to the LG service department said it could do 12-14LBS. We have washed a 6LB mattress cover with no problems. We rewashed it 3 months later and it could not spin, tried to reposition item, the drum went back and forth forever to extract water but still couldn't spin. Months later was the 3 bathroom cotton rugs, 17"X24", 21"X24" and 22"X34" total weight 6LBS it couldn't spin. Before the 5 year extended warranty expired called for service 3 separate times.

1st repairman said he had no idea what was wrong and said he would have someone else come out, that didn't happen. 2nd repairman saw the rugs put in the machine, partial wash and then try to spin, took 1 out till wouldn't spin took out another still wouldn't spin. They said they would call LG and get answers, they called back a few days later and said LG said it was one loaded and to remove two, that did not work. We were then told that LG doesn't like to repair their equipment. The 3rd repairman couldn't long enough to see if it would spin. The warranty company gave us $50.00 and said to use a commercial laundry. Very unhappy with LG products. I will not buy again. I'm also not happy with extended warranties won't be purchasing those again. Just a word to the wish look at the reviews LG has a problem.

Original review: April 9, 2019

If I could’ve given this zero stars I would’ve. I bought this LG (Life is Good) top loader washing machine and LG Dryer because my old dryer finally broke after 10 years of usage. My previous washing Machine worked fine but the wife wanted the new LG dryer to match a new LG washing machine. So we bought the set. After maybe 4-5 years I noticed some rust on the inside of the body of the washer. Well that rust spot got bigger and more rust spots began to pop up. After many failed attempts with LG customer service and their service technician in my area the end results were that they would not repair or replace the washer. It is considered a cosmetic issue.

The rust has dropped into the washer with the clean clothes defeating the purpose of cleaning the clothes. It now has become a hassle pulling the so called clean clothes out of the washer without touching the sides or the top because it’s all rusty. I’ve sent LG pictures of the rust at their request with no response. During the time of purchase we also bought other LG appliances. I’ve had problems with their microwave, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. My older appliances I had that were much less expensive outlasted the very expensive LG CRAP I bought. Don’t buy LG!!

Original review: April 8, 2019

After reading numerous positive consumer reports over a year ago, we bought a front loader LG washing machine. I believe the reviews were all a hoax as this washing machine is garbage. As many other reviews state, the clothes come out smelly and not cleaned. It takes 3 hours to do a load of laundry as I have to keep re-doing the cycle and adding extra rinses to get the suds out - and I use the smallest amount possible of the detergent. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Washer worked great however main PC board needed replaced after 4 1/2 years. Wow. So this is and was by far the most expensive washer. My last washer was working fine after 10 years. I gave it away when I purchased this LG. I'm very, very disappointed!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

We bought this LG WM3670MWA washer and paired dryer at Nebraska Furniture Mart in in June 30,2018. The Silk screened Cycle Name lettering is now dissolving and even rubbing off the washer. LG says it's COSMETIC damage because "something other than warm water and a damp cloth was used to clean the washer". We use Shout as a pre-wash and have for the last 15+ years. Our 13 year old Samsung front loaders never had any issues with lettering rub off. I sprayed Shout on a 9 year old silk screened plastic cup and let it sit for a week, adding Shout each day, and it's still perfect. Never buy another LG Product. NFM's $270.00 extra warranty was worthless for this as they say if LG says it's cosmetic, there's no reason to even come look at it. They only cover mechanical breakdown. Not happy with performance either. Also, Turbo-Wash times are reasonable but will only take 3 items (?).

Original review: March 22, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I would. Do not buy anything from LG. I have owned an LG top-load washing machine since 2012. Four months ago, it stopped working in the middle of a load of laundry and trapped the entire load in the washer because the un-lock mechanism didn't stop working when the washing machine did. The first technician told me to buy a new machine and break the lid -- on a 6 year old machine!

Then the fun began (to quote many other reviewers). LG phone representatives do not give you a straight answer, do not understand the issues, don't follow up, refuse to acknowledge your issues, and even LIE -- I can go on and on. In addition, LG corporation itself is running a scheme of taking advantage of consumers by ignoring their complaints and then charging exorbitant prices for parts so that consumers are forced to purchase a new appliance. After 3 months of back and forth because I could never get an answer or a supervisor/manager, I finally learned that the parts alone to repair the machine are estimated at over $400 (again, not including labor), which would bring the repair cost to about the cost of the machine when new.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought my washer 2007, and have been disappointed because my clothes are not getting clean. The washer does not have a lot of water in it and the only way I can get any in it is with Water Plus. Sometime my clothes come out not even clean. I tried everything to get more water in it. I always had a top loaders that filled the tub. I thought that one of my hot or cold water valves was not working but, they do. I know somehow I am saving on water, but I would rather have clean clothes. Thought I was the only one until I seen these reviews. I am putting up with machine for now, but when I buy another one I will try to find one that is not he and probably not a LG.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought the high capacity washer and dryer in September 2018 for around $2000. They are pieces of crap. They don't wash your clothes good. Literally some places haven't even been touched by water. The dryer takes more than 1 cycle to dry. Totally useless. You call LG and they'll tell you that you aren't washing clothes properly. I want my freaking money back!!!

LG Washing Machines Company Information