LG Washing Machines

LG Washing Machines Reviews

3.4/5 (104 ratings)

About LG Washing Machines Reviews

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

We have had our front load LG washer and dryer for about 15 years and have only had minor problems over the years. They were warrantied for 10 years but have outlasted the warranty by at least 5 years. The only problems were easily fixed by our appliance repair people.

Original review: July 31, 2021

So far, so good! This is a great combo and both have sanitizing cycles! It also thinks! Does a great job! High efficiency and senses the amount of items in the tub! It doesn't have the agitator and that's just fine! Blankets, quilts, heavy towels go in without issues. As for the dryer, I have a choice on how to open the loading door! Either to the right? Or towards the floor! From the top of the door, down! I've heard people criticize LG but I've never been happier with my Washer and Dryer. I love my LGs!!!!

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Numerous features such as dryer door can be left or right opening, wifi support with an app that tracks washer/dryer status and when to run the cleaning cycle. The set is large (5.4 and 5.7 cu ft) allowing me to run large loads without a hitch.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have owned my LG washer and dryer for about a year. Both have extraordinary capacity. Washed a full size down duvet without issue The washer adjusts water to load size and uses the least amount of water needed. I do not understand how it cleans perfectly using so little water. The dryer uses a cool setting for normal. Heavier fabrics come out damp and need an extra dry cycle to finish. Towels dry completely on the "heavy duty" cycle. Wrinkling is not a problem.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Bought an LG WT7305CW washer approx. 11 months ago, 3+ weeks ago it began making a loud chattering noise, which after viewing some videos, appeared to be the drain pump. The technician replaced the drain pump and found large sharp pieces of plastic, and decided it must be the agitator, which is new to this model. I'm thinking design defect involved? He ordered another agitator and drain pump and told us we could use the washer, but the sharp plastic started coming up into the tub (luckily on towels and not clothes they cut up).

He came out two more times and didn’t have the proper tools to replace the agitator and basically him and his supervisor left our case in limbo. I decided I would borrow the proper tool (a 20" ratchet extender) and removed the old agitator myself. I contacted their support yet again, and got escalated to executive customer service and then 'presidential liaison', no difference and now they say it will be later in the week (almost 3 weeks after initial call) before the technician can come out again, probably still without the proper tool. I don’t see how these companies stay in business with the inability to honor their warranties and poor customer support, all the way up to the Presidential Liaison office.. DONT BUY LG. THOMAS ** - YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS NON-EXISTENT.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I bought the WKE100HVA (@Best Buy). After 3 months it started to make a very loud gunshot type sound every time I ran it. Store said to call LG, LG said to call Sears. Sears transfers me to India in which I heard a mother and child speaking for 10 mins before the woman said, "Hello." Once she said hello I heard the child yelling and she put me on hold for over 20 mins. Here is what's wrong with America! And how corporations are doing business is disgusting. Never again! I'll do my research next time about the "Manufacturers" warranty.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

This is the third LG washer we've owned, second dryer. Because we have a laundry closet, we need to stack the washer and dryer on top of each other and the LG stack bar only accommodates LG appliances. Thus, we've had no choice but to buy another LG product when one breaks because we can't afford to buy another washer and dryer at the same time.

The current W&D set warranty ran out in May 2021. Since then, we've had to replace the washer motor, washer drain hose, and dryer heat sensor to the tune of about $600 ~ almost the cost of a new washer. When the drain hose had to be replaced, it was because the machine was assembled with a spring right next to the drain hose that kept rubbing against the hose until it developed a hole. The washer started leaking and ruined the tile in our laundry closet. Our clothes NEVER get clean because it's an HE so the washer never fills up with enough water to properly laundry the clothes.

If you don't leave the washer door open after you finish your laundry, then it will start to smell and grow mold. If you don't remove the dispenser tray completely from the washer, let it air dry, and wipe out the inside on the washer where the tray sits, it will grow mold that you can't get off no matter what you do! Also, every month you must clean the drain pump filter and drain the water out of the little hose beside it otherwise, again, it will grow mold and stink.

All-in-all, LG washers and dryers are expensive junk and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying them. Hubby & I have decided that when there's a problem with either the washer or dryer again, we're getting an inexpensive small stackable laundry center - AND IT WON'T BE BY LG! There's no point in buying expensive HE washers or new dryers because the repairman who serviced this washer on the second day we had it because it developed a leak inside the drum, told me that ALL washers were made to last about 5 years, dryers about 7 years.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

It was always short on water but my clothes appeared clean. I no longer sure about that because it won't even melt a pod. Had service come - it's made that way - can't change. No more LG, or front loader.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Purchased a brand new top loading washer in April 2021- finally received the washer in July 2021- machine broke down in Sept 2021. After 2 months of use this machine was broken. I called LG customer support and they sent out technician to fix it- he did not, they ordered more parts and again came back - did not fix again. Currently waiting again for them to fix it again. Over 1.5 months of no washer. They should be providing me with a brand new washer instead of having me wait over 1 month to have it fixed. Still broken. Worst customer service and even worse product. How can a brand new washer be broken after 2 months?? Unacceptable. Would never recommend this company or product to anyone!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Save your money! Less than a few months of owning this machine it started squealing. We had the repair guys come out 3 different times. The 1st time they ran a diagnostic test and nothing. They said "it must just be the drum hitting on the side bumpers". 2nd time they came out again same result. The 3rd time they said it was a clutch problem and I must have ran some change or something small that got caught up in there and cracked the clutch. Bad news is the warranty does not cover a problem that you are responsible for. Problem is the clutch doesn't even come in contact with the water in any way. Well we ordered the part anyway. BTW it's a plastic part! When it came it was also broken!! Errrrrr! Well it's about a year later and I'm done. No resolution and we are out all that $.. I will never buy another LG product again!!!

LG Washing Machines Company Information