LG Washing Machines

LG Washing Machines Reviews

2.1/5 (2601 ratings)

About LG Washing Machines Reviews

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Bought a front-load washing machine. It start short circuiting within few months. Approached good guys and they told LG would arrange for repair. The service company didn't come out for next 3 weeks. After which the 1st repair attempt was futile, came back for 2nd attempt after 2 days and failed again. Power in my house kept tripping over and over again. Asked good guys to refund my money but they said 3 attempts on repair are legitimate and we should wait. We have been doing our laundry with hands for last 4 weeks now. Similar, happened to me with LG dishwasher. Had to do all dishes with hands for 1.5 months before they finally managed to repair. Totally worthless to give them so much money only to ultimately be doing it manually and be ruined in the waiting queues to talk to them. Never LG again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

Wow! I never thought I would find a company with worst customer service than Verizon and DishNetwork. How do they make washers that are supposedly great and have no customer service when it breaks. I was told multiple things by multiple people on multiple calls. Twice they ASSURED me that they were sending a washing machine motor to me (Even though it seems they should send to service company). After I didn't receive it the first time they said they never sent it and I was on the phone with LG and the service company for over 1 hour and at the end of the call, they said they were sending me a new motor for the service company to install.

Two weeks later I call because no motor was received. Guess what, no motor was sent and they said they sent APN# to the service company. The service company didn'treceive anything from LG and they need something from LG that the customer service reps are totally unfamiliar with. Free at last. I ordered a new - NOT LG - washer and had them haul off the unsupported piece of scrap metal.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

LG top load HE model # WT1101CW With smart diagnosis & smart drive. First there’s no app to (( smart diagnosis )) anything. These are just words printed on the machine to make you think you can diagnosis if you have an issue. My machine is less than 20 months old. It states UE on every load which means the load is uneven then it flushes the tub with more water to move the clothes around. It does this with every load big or small, big light or heavy. HE machines are supposed to decrease water use but THIS ADDS HUNDREDS OF GALLONS OF WASTED WATER PER YEAR. I will never buy anything made by LG. PS: before you buy ANY new appliances get their repair shops info on that brand from the seller.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Updated on 11/30/2022: I have been told more than 4 times now that someone is coming to repair my washer and I've just been contacted by ASAP repair and was told that I was given an erroneous date. So, yet again, I have no one coming out this weekend to repair my washer. I even cancelled some other events to make time for this visit. This is going on 2 months now. I was told that I would get a refund by an LG representative if I do not get a refund and they are refusing to refund me anything.

Original Review: I have been trying to work with LG since early Oct. for a washer that I purchased from Lowe's in Sept. There is an error code that occurs every time and my family washes clothes. We have followed the suggestions in the manual and from telephone representatives. I was promised a repair date and no one showed up nor called - after me having someone take off work to be here. I was told I would have someone come out by a supervisor and via chat - nothing. It takes one person of a 3 person family day to wash clothes because the machine just stops. I was told if no one comes out to repair the machine, I would get a refund. LG has not gotten a repair person out, nor extended an offer for a refund. So, basically I have a brand new $1200.00 washer from a major company that does not work. The sad part is, I have developed trust in LG and purposely picked this brand to get this type of treatment.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The LG front load high efficiency washer is beautiful and appealing but buyer beware! Beneath the beauty is a host of trouble that's not worth it. Our new home that we purchased recently came with a washer that was manufactured a year ago. Shortly after we started using it, it started making loud noises and then stopped working.

When we called LG customer service they brushed us off saying it was out of warranty. They recommended a third party to fix the washer and after over a month and $500 in parts and labor, they still don't seem to know what's wrong with the machine. To me, when you pay over $1k for a product there is an implicit expectation that it would last a couple years before breaking down. LG just absolved itself of any responsibility by saying the machine was manufactured over a year ago so too bad for us! At this point we are so frustrated that we might just abandon the repair and purchase another brand. Buyer beware! Check out the reviews before you make the mistake of purchasing this substandard product and get stuck with a lemon from a company that doesn't even care about you.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Ok let me start by saying, I personally own a Maytag front loader for approximately 20 years with only the rubber gasket needing one change. THIS particular machine, by LG has been a nightmare. Watched a video on Youtube and thought it looked easy. Got to the internal wire clamp and LG no longer sells the clamp required to expand the wire coil. They give you number after number to call, to no avail. Finally they suggest have “you used any other tools to do it?” WHAT?! No tools work, not even the tool that looks like it on Amazon. Complete disaster. I am so upset that my relatives didn’t buy a Maytag. And, cleaning out this disgusting machine's drain filter was like working at a human waste facility in the open air without a gas mask. Like I said, I’ve never had this kind of issue with my Maytag. This is definitely a case of consumer beware. Did I mention it’s only 3 years old?

Original review: July 31, 2022

My mother in law bought matching appliances for our house and they are all LG. Stove, refrigerator, washing machine & dryer. Five years later & the washing machine compressor went out costing me all my food & $1000 repair (I just bought another fridge). 1 month later and now I’m having problems with the washing machine not draining or locking to start a load! DO NOT BUY LG APPLIANCES. They aren’t reliable and in the long run, you end up putting more money into it than what the appliance is worth! I will NEVER spend money on another LG appliance again and I will make sure to voice this opinion to everyone I know! You need to do better LG! Your appliances are too expensive for people to just keep on having to repair them!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Bought an LG WT7305CW washer approx. 11 months ago, 3+ weeks ago it began making a loud chattering noise, which after viewing some videos, appeared to be the drain pump. The technician replaced the drain pump and found large sharp pieces of plastic, and decided it must be the agitator, which is new to this model. I'm thinking design defect involved? He ordered another agitator and drain pump and told us we could use the washer, but the sharp plastic started coming up into the tub (luckily on towels and not clothes they cut up).

He came out two more times and didn’t have the proper tools to replace the agitator and basically him and his supervisor left our case in limbo. I decided I would borrow the proper tool (a 20" ratchet extender) and removed the old agitator myself. I contacted their support yet again, and got escalated to executive customer service and then 'presidential liaison', no difference and now they say it will be later in the week (almost 3 weeks after initial call) before the technician can come out again, probably still without the proper tool. I don’t see how these companies stay in business with the inability to honor their warranties and poor customer support, all the way up to the Presidential Liaison office.. DONT BUY LG. THOMAS ** - YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS NON-EXISTENT.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I bought the WKE100HVA (@Best Buy). After 3 months it started to make a very loud gunshot type sound every time I ran it. Store said to call LG, LG said to call Sears. Sears transfers me to India in which I heard a mother and child speaking for 10 mins before the woman said, "Hello." Once she said hello I heard the child yelling and she put me on hold for over 20 mins. Here is what's wrong with America! And how corporations are doing business is disgusting. Never again! I'll do my research next time about the "Manufacturers" warranty.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

This is the third LG washer we've owned, second dryer. Because we have a laundry closet, we need to stack the washer and dryer on top of each other and the LG stack bar only accommodates LG appliances. Thus, we've had no choice but to buy another LG product when one breaks because we can't afford to buy another washer and dryer at the same time.

The current W&D set warranty ran out in May 2021. Since then, we've had to replace the washer motor, washer drain hose, and dryer heat sensor to the tune of about $600 ~ almost the cost of a new washer. When the drain hose had to be replaced, it was because the machine was assembled with a spring right next to the drain hose that kept rubbing against the hose until it developed a hole. The washer started leaking and ruined the tile in our laundry closet. Our clothes NEVER get clean because it's an HE so the washer never fills up with enough water to properly laundry the clothes.

If you don't leave the washer door open after you finish your laundry, then it will start to smell and grow mold. If you don't remove the dispenser tray completely from the washer, let it air dry, and wipe out the inside on the washer where the tray sits, it will grow mold that you can't get off no matter what you do! Also, every month you must clean the drain pump filter and drain the water out of the little hose beside it otherwise, again, it will grow mold and stink.

All-in-all, LG washers and dryers are expensive junk and I wouldn't recommend anyone buying them. Hubby & I have decided that when there's a problem with either the washer or dryer again, we're getting an inexpensive small stackable laundry center - AND IT WON'T BE BY LG! There's no point in buying expensive HE washers or new dryers because the repairman who serviced this washer on the second day we had it because it developed a leak inside the drum, told me that ALL washers were made to last about 5 years, dryers about 7 years.

LG Washing Machines Company Information