Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Washing Machines
1.64/5

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Love my LG washer and dryer. The steam function on both has been a great way of taking care of wrinkles and freshness. The quick wash function is exactly that - super quick. I am pleased with how well it cleans all types of fabrics. My only criticism would be the sensor function on the dryer. It is the same complaint I have regarding all sensor type dryers though - they really don’t do a great job and you often come down to find the dryer off and the clothing still damp. The time dry function and personalized functions are very good though.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We purchased a LG front load washer about ten years ago and it has performed flawlessly. I did a good bit of research before buying this washing machine. I wanted a direct drive and not a belt driven machine so as to not have to worry about a belt wearing out. As far as the musky smell a lot of people complain about with front load machines, all you need to do is leave the door open a few inches so the moisture can evaporate and we have never had a problem. Our LG machine cleans our clothes very nicely and with the high speed spin our clothes come out with very little moisture in them.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

In July of 2019 I purchased an LG Direct Drive top load washer and matching dryer. This set performs much as my last set (Kenmore front loader) did but they are noisy, especially the washer which has a persistent loud squeak. I don't notice any difference between the front and top loader as far as cleaning, but this top loader fits a lot more in it, big quilts included. Occasionally the clothes come out with white stuff on them and I have to rinse and spin again - no idea why this happens or the squeak, neither of which happens when a service man is present. There are plenty of setting options to choose from on both units, but I wish they had 'small load' options. They look great and work well but I'm not sure I'd buy them again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The 2 issues we’ve had in 4 1/2 years of ownership are: an occasional water leak at the bottom of the washer and sometimes needing two drying cycles to dry heavy items such as bath towels and jeans. For the latter, we sometimes dry only 4-5 items at a time and they dry out okay but for the washer I’ve tightened water hose connectors and sometimes there are no problems, other times when we’re washing full loads, the leaking occurs. Otherwise we’ve had no issues where the washer or dryer stopped working or was malfunctioning, so generally we’re satisfied with the LG’s overall performance.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was so happy to get a new washer and dryer after about 10 years with my old set. I purchased the LG large capacity set. The washer was a front load. At first things went well, then little by little I began to notice our clothes came out smelling unclean. Regardless of the detergent, softener, etc, it made no difference. The energy saving, low level of water, simply means your clothes will slosh around in a small amount of dirty water, and then rinse with a small amount of water. There is nothing clean about that! When we sold our home I let the set go with the house, vowing to never purchase a front load HE washer again. The dryer was great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Piece of crap top loading washer Model WT1701CW does not work! This washer, I was told by the salesman at Conn's, with which I am no longer doing business, was programmed by a woman. It ought to make her and her environmentalist friends happy, because it saves water. But if you want your clothes washed, you're out of luck, because they will not be submerged below the water level of only a few inches! LG is no help at all, refusing to do anything. No software upgrade, no repair, no reprogramming, NOTHING! Wash day at my house involves using a BUCKET to fill the machine to a level adequate to wash, then repeating the bucket brigade for rinsing, EVERY LOAD, EVERY TIME! Do not buy LG products. I also have an expensive Plasma TV that failed after only 12 years. What a rip off!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I purchased a LG top loader 10 kg washing machine. During a wash cycle it Exploded blowing the top of the machine right off. The force of the explosion was so intense that it smashed the near by window and sent shrapnel flying throughout the house. I contacted LG and asked why are these machines still in family homes. They need to be urgently recalled. After research I have found the same LG washing machines that have exploded in other people’s home. LG refuse to even replace the machine even with a receipt provided. These machines are dangerous. Please Beware when purchasing a LG washing machine. They are dangerous. I’m very thankful that I wasn’t standing in front of it at the time or my young grandchildren weren’t in the house. Very frightening experience and to think the company know these machines have the potential to Explode and do nothing. Very dangerous product.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

First time use my washer leaked. (It was not the hoses.) LG service to repair takes at least 3 wks to respond to see what is the problem, BUT COME ON! Then I am not sure when I will get a new one if can't be repaired. The business where I purchase first response, "NOT OUR PROBLEM! "

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I purchased a new washer and dryer from Home Depot in June 2019. The washer broke in October, 5 months old. I called LG customer service on 11/4/19. The sent a repair man out the following day. He needed to order parts, and said they would arrive the following Monday. I waited a week and no parts. I called customer service again and was told the parts were on back order, so they request a defective replacement. I called a week later, and was told the request was denied as the part was shipping and would be in on 11/26. I called on the 26th and was told the parts were still on back order and that they were referring it back to defective replacement department and they would contact me.

I called again today, 11/29, and was told she could not see that it had been referred for replacement and that I would need to call back Monday morning. So far it has been almost a month with no resolution in sight. Although after reading some of the other reviews, I may have months more of waiting.... Customer service agents are outsourced and speak very broken English. They are very unhelpful and they have no managers to transfer to. They do excel at giving you the run around though! This was the most expensive washer I have ever purchased. I am very disappointed. Side note, the dryer was broken when the delivery guys first brought it out, so they took it back and Home Depot had to order another one.... Thank goodness the delivery guys knew what they were doing, or I most likely would have been dealing with the dryer from day one.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I've had this machine for 6 or 7 yes now. I don't know who came up with the idea that the tub needs to be balanced before it adds water. It just isn't necessary and it wears out the spinner gears. I have had mine replaced. Just another money grab. Now I need to replace the drain pump. More money. I only do on average 3 loads a week. That's not a lot for me to have had to make 2 repairs. I don't recommend. LG makes a good TV. They should stick to that.

LG Washing Machines Company Information