LG Washing Machines Reviews

LG Washing Machines
Shop on Build.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Washing Machines Reviews Shop on Build.com

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

LG Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love my LG washer. It’s self-adjustment for water levels based on load is a water saver. However, the ability to increase the water level manually if wanting a greater rinse still gives me control over my laundry. With its many available washing options, one doesn’t have to “think” each time a load Is added; if I’m washing towels, I just choose the “Towel” option and the machine does the rest. My spin cycle is extremely effective, making the drying time a minimal. Last, the size of the tub is large enough for a thin blanket. This is nice when needing to wash stored bed coverings prior to winter use. The only con I might have is getting the message “uneven load” and of acing to stop the machine and adjust the wet items. This usually happens if I have a mix load of unlike weights.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I bought this set because I liked the look of the stainless steel with a clear coat on top. Unfortunately after 3 years the finish on top of the washer didn’t hold up and had many marks and streaks which is weird because the finish doesn't seem scratched—just has discolorations. There is one setting, Sports wear, that has no features associated with it which seems like a bug. You choose it, and there are zero settings. No temp, speed, spin etc. They are just blank. I do wish I could add the fabric softener setting for every type of wash, but it's not available on several. Otherwise it seems to do a good job and has great capacity.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Very reliable front loader. Bought to replace another machine of similar size; size being first determinate, because of basement entryway requirements. Secondly, I had previously read print and online reviews, as well as heard some personal testimonies of the reliability of the brand. Some unique features of this machine are the touch screen controls, direct drive drum and the quiet operation with the lilting tune at end of wash. This machine is Wifi capable, but I haven't availed myself of this feature. It is also able to pause the machine anytime and resume without resetting the controls. My clothes get real clean and the cycles are not overly long. Compared to a top loader this machine is also a water miser, HE detergents are advised.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We decided to replace our stacking washer/dryer with a new front loading combo. While there are more features than you can shake a stick at, there is a nice electronic tune that plays at the end of a wash and the wash seems very efficient, the dryer is less performant. The standard dry cycle seems to take 6 hours and even though there is an option to dry for less, anything under 2 hours and the clothes are still wet. I'm still happy overall with the purchase - I like the easy-fill detergent/softener drawer, the build quality of the whole appliance and the large drum to hold the clothes so I would definitely recommend it to others.

Original review: May 12, 2020

My LG washer dryer combo, stackable, is nothing short of fantastic. It uses a small amount of water to do a really good job of cleaning my clothing. Not only every day clothing, towels, sheets, blankets and jackets. The machine is extremely quiet and has many features that allow me to tailor the machine to what I am washing. I have never owned a front loading machine before and this one has served me extremely well for the last 15 months. I always leave the door open and I’ve never had any kind of an odor issue. I have read where some times washers will develop that even when the door is left open. That has not been a problem and I do not anticipate it will be a problem. I expect my LG is still going to be serving me well in another 10 years.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Bought a new LG washer in the fall of 2019, received an error code over the summer. However when I called LG they said no service due to pandemic. Called back later. Was informed no longer under warranty and would have to pay to get it fixed. LG products and service clearly garbage.

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Christopher. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I purchased an LG Top loading washing machine from PC Richards in Levittown NY. I purchased the Machine in June 2020 and the machine has broke twice already! I called PC Richards to repair the machine as I bought the extended warranty. The machine is leaking from the bottom and it sounds like a lawn mower!! PC Richards was horrible. I have an elderly mother I care for who is on Hospice. When I asked how long until a repair operator can come out to fix they said a week or 2!!! That is ridiculous. I have water in my house and I cant use the washer. I have 6 people with no clean laundry. I spent over a $1000.00 for this machine and the best PC Richards can do is say "it is what it is". I feel like a prisoner. How am I supposed to care for my dying parent who needs clean sheets and laundry daily!!!

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Erin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Our washer worked well for four years. Now it is banging and traveling across the floor with each load. I depend on the washer for my business and LG doesn't take this into account when servicing. They told me it would be a week before they could send anyone out. Seems unreasonable. I expected that there would be an emergency service centre. Instead, it looks like I'll be running to the laundry mat each day. Something that will put a great strain on my work. I'll research for better quality washer next purchase. LG seemed good at first, but they break, and they don't back them up with service. I can get emergency service on my boiler, why not for my washer. VERY POOR SERVICE. Washer is worthless as it is.

LG Washing Machines response

Hello David. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I was fairly happy with my LG washing machine for one year. Then it that stopped working. It wasn't the typical problem I'm told (e.g. pump) and seems to be electrical. It's been 10+ weeks of calls, messages, visits. They have the wrong part listed in their manual so they don't know how to identify the part on my machine they needs to replace (fail). And they won't authorize a replacement of the machine (fail). No resolution, or hope for one, and no one to speak with that can actually help.

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Lisa. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

We bought new LG 13 kg washer. It's damaging clothes to tear and so far 30 clothes damaged, we send pictures but idiots don't shows interest to solve problems completely. They send technician and says it's perfect as it not live issue. Trying to charge 200$ to fix instead it's in warranty. LG you cheap on your service, Samsung is better.

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Viv. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Washing Machines Company Information