LG Washing Machines
1.13/5
Based on 143 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

LG Washing Machines Reviews

2205 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

First review I have ever written but due to the inferior product this company has produced I feel it is absolutely necessary. We purchased this LG Top Loading Washer Model WT5070CW in Sept. 2014 after losing our Kenmore in a house fire. This machine sprung a leak and flooded our house wrecking our new engineered floor. The 5 yr. extended warranty was purchased but that only helps with the repair bill. Home Depot tried to go to bat for us to get our insurance deductible back but no luck. When the repairman came out he said it was one cap that had come unglued and per a call to his superiors he was told to simply glue the cap back on. This was their big fix.

First of all, why in the world is there only a glued on cap between the consumer and another very expensive flooded floor repair?! When the insurance company tried to work with them they said they doubted that is even what caused the problem... Really! I'm taking this lousy company to small claims but doubt it will do any good. I think what caused the cap to come off is the amount of shaking and rattling this washer goes through during spin cycles! Like all stated before me, don't buy any of their products - absolute garbage! And shame on Home Depot and other companies for continuing to sell their sub-par products!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Tried to arrange a service call for an LG washer that's four days (how convenient for LG) out of warranty. Tried for two hours to get through, but only received message that they were experiencing higher than usual call volume and to try to call back later. DO NOT call their customer service unless you have all day to try to get through.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I wrote a review maybe a year ago... same problem everyone had with the unbalanced load of the LG washer and no credible response by LG except... go pay a repairman to fix it. I read about 2 possible home-made cures... and one really works. Take an old throw-away bathroom hand towel, and fold it over and over to get it to a point where it can barely... BARELY... get wedged with all your might on top of the drum/cylinder in your washing machine and under the metal frame above it. I really struggled to get it in there... That is how tight it must be. Now do another towel... same way, for the opposite side of the machine. One towel is at (say) 9 o'clock and the other is at 3 o'clock. And don't worry that maybe 2+/-" of the towel hangs out over the inner portion of the tub... there should be an equal portion hidden out of sight to the other side of the top of the drum.

This way the towel can move a bit during a cycle and yet basically enough stays in place to absolutely keep the drum from rotating out of balance. That's it. While the towels might move a bit during a washing cycle and end up at 11 and 5 on the imaginary clock, as long as they are opposite each other, they work. Just check them after each cycle... Are they tight? Do they need to be re-wedged in there?

To help further, I have run the spin cycle only as high as medium. My first few cycles showed me that the towels were not wedged tightly enough in the opening, so be ready to re-do this part a couple of times until you realize how hard you have to work to get those two towels wedged into place so tightly that maybe there is not even room to push a quarter in above the towel. Be careful of your fingers as you do this... That is how tight I wedged these towels in!!! See photo. I have run maybe 20 loads since this cure was found online... and I have no more "UE" messages. I used to get a "UE" message every time I ran the machine!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I have a top loading LG TruBalance (ha!) Direct Drive. This is my second machine after replacing the first one with the same problem of unbalanced loads. It takes all day to complete a load because it gets out of balance during the spin cycle... comes up with a UE error code. It tries to refill to balance the load then repeats the same problem. I have read many other reviews that describe the same problem. LG is of no help. I will never buy another LG washing machine and would not recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2018

LG WM3670HWA - Bought a new washer ($650) and installed in May 2017. Recently experienced squeaking noises during the spin cycle. Called LG. They sent out a technician to look at the machine. LG charged me $125 for the service call. The tech said that the rear bearing was defective. The cost to fix was estimated to be $500. However, the technician told me that LG discontinued the parts needed to fix the washer, so he couldn't fix it even if he wanted to. So I spent $650 on a washer and another $125 on a service call, to find out that a 14 month old washer is junk and cannot be repaired.

I called LG to try and resolve the issue. They refused to do anything AT ALL. I wasn't asking for a new washer or anything like that. I requested that they at least waive the $125 service call, since the washer couldn't be fixed. They refused to waive the service fee and gave me no concession on anything. It was really great at the end of the call to hear, "Have a wonderful day!" Seriously!!?? I never write reviews, but had to vent on this one. My bad for not buying an extended warranty, but they're bad for not even stocking parts to fix their lousy products. I will never buy an LG product again. I feel completely ripped off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: July 18, 2018

This LG WM357 OHVA Front Loading Washer is a lemon. Needed repair after approx. 6 months. Weights cracked on drum. Bounced all over the room. Fixed on warranty and broke again within the week. We've been without a washer since March (five months now) waiting for warranty support to fix it for real or get us a new machine. Very disappointed with the warranty coverage and timeliness of the fix. Choose a different brand.

Original review: July 18, 2018

At 6 months old our top load highest model LG washing machine we purchased at Lowe's has had problems. We are now in year 3 and have not had it fixed yet. Lowe's, LG, and the Steel City Appliance in Sault Ste Marie, On are all useless. The appliance repair company has been to inspect washer, ordered wrong part, never shown up on 3 appointments, then quit doing LG repairs. Call LG. They say they will send someone from Sudbury 150 miles away, they say, "We don't come that far." What a joke. We are at wit's end. Don't buy LG.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Bought an LG washer under the Kenmore brand, which worked beautifully until the warranty expired. Now it repeatedly shuts off before rinse cycle and also shuts off on spin cycle. Planned obsolescence. Was the most expensive on the market at the time. Waste of money.

Original review: July 2, 2018

LG Washer/Dryer unit. Noticed water on floor, thought it was the washer. Repairman identified water coming from dryer. He was not able to fix the problem. Might add, we've passed the one yr. warranty and didn't purchase an extended warranty thinking back over 50 yrs of never having to call a W/D repair person. After some personal research discovered the water drain was not connected to the proper reservoir. Never saw a drop of water in the prescribed reservoir which means it was never properly installed at the factory or whatever reason LG can figure who to blame. They've given me some repair phone #'s. None service our area. Discovered that they have a very narrow presence for repair people. This is a BUYER BEWARE of LG. No service, poor and rude customer service and a phone number with a broken answering string.

In the meantime, LG has a duty and a responsibility to mitigate all damages and the Consumer Affairs Division of the State of California needs to look into a company that sells their products without providing a reasonable method of getting repair service. Their star deserves a huge Zero. I bought both items at Home Depot and they could not give me a repair person for LG. Right now we're stuck with having an expensive dryer that doesn't work. Carting a basket of wet laundry to dry outside is a huge inconvenience for an 80 yr. old.

Original review: July 1, 2018

The washer wash plate flew off & dented the tub. Repair was dispatched fairly quickly. Replaced wash plate. We were told that the tub would be on backorder until July. How can it take over a month to get the most important piece of equipment for a washing machine? Repairman calls back over a week ago and asks if we would take compensation from LG in lieu of the part. The part will be on backorder longer than anticipated. He told me that LG would be calling. I contacted him recently to let him know that I’ve received no call. His comment was “Really?” Then he laughed!!! Told me he’d speak with his supervisor. This is very disappointing. The sales clerk at Lowe’s raved about their product.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I want to tell you about the major issue and health problem with the top loading washer. I have been getting mold in my washer and on my clothes EVERY time I do a load of wash. This has been going on for months and it isn't going away. I run the clean cycle every few weeks hoping to keep the tub clean but it doesn't work. I've run the clean cycle using a quart of bleach and then again using a quart of vinegar. The tub never drains properly and that is what is causing the mold. This is ridiculous and is a major health issue!!! I've reported this to Consumer Affairs as well. This thing should be replaced immediately!!!

Original review: June 24, 2018

BAD WASHER. I had a Frigidaire washer that lasted 15 years without a problem. Then, I purchased the LG top load washing machine. It constantly goes "UE" (uneven). I have to monitor it, or it refills and waste gallons of water trying to fix the "UE" . It loses its mind and sets more time, usually 11 minutes, and then it would refill with water again and again. Clothes never spun out completely. I can say this is the worse machine I have ever owned. It goes out of balance so many times during the wash cycle that it takes hours to wash a load. It keeps filling with water trying to rebalance itself, and I ultimately end up stopping it with the clothes still wet because it will not spin them out. LG told me I have to have repair people out 3 times for same issue before they consider replacing it. Still waiting for an “out of stock part”… three weeks. This is unacceptable! I have already told people that I will never buy an LG product.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My LG top loading washing machine (WT5101H) is 7 years old and it has never performed well, even after a recall fix. And now, the drum is sitting on the floor under the machine. I live south of Atlanta and there is only one service technician and he is over an hour away. Having one qualified service tech for the entire Atlanta area is absurd! My dishwasher broke down after 5 years - the heating element went out and started leaking water. The ice machine on the refrigerator has failed several times. I spent close to $5000 on these LG appliances and I'm so disappointed. Never again.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We bought a washer dryer combo from Appliances Connection the end of November 2017. It worked until around Feb 1 2018. It displayed a error code OE. We pull out the owner's manual and found out it was a full filter. We cleaned it and it worked for about 3 weeks. Again OE code. We cleaned filter again, not too dirty but the washer worked for week. OE again. Nothing in filter this time. We called LG. They try to walk us through the problem and could not get it to work. They called a repair person. It took 3 weeks for service. The repairman came out. My husband took the day off work to meet him. He was 4 hours late. He look at the machine for about 10 mins said it was fixed. 13 mins into cycle it displayed OE. He was still in our driveway. He went to work on it again. He never took the top off to look inside. 10 mins later he said, "Ok it's fixed." Went to do his paperwork. 13 mins into cycle OE. He had left.

We called and said same thing was happening. Repairman came back 2 hours later. Never took the top off. Said it's fixed. Left 13 mins later. OE. Call shop closed. Next day repair shop said it will be 10 days for new repair person. Same guy came out. He's mad now. Pulled plug on the drain and flooded my floor hardwood. Never ever came to tell us. Took his shop vac and dump the dirt on my front lawn. I have pictures. All area rug soaked. 20 min no top off it's fixed. He left. I called LG to tell them of our problem. After 23 calls and at least an hour on hold a piece they agreed they would send a new repair person. New repair person was to come on Saturday. No showed. I called him all day. At 5:30 he returned my call and said he never set an appt. with LG to come. He said he could come in an hour 6:30 at 7:30. John came was at our house for 2 mins. Said he new the problem and would order the part.

1 week later no news. Call LG. They can't help me. I need to call John repair guy. No answer from him. Days pass calling LG and John. Nothing. Weeks later John calls to say he never got the part. I call LG. They say he never requested it. LG said they need a part number to check on it and I would have to get it from John. Called John. No answer. Called LG. Nothing they can do. 2 weeks of daily calls to LG on hold about any hour on avg. John calls me finally the day after LG told me they were going to refund me for the washer and told me he had the part and was coming on Mother's Day to put it in 7 am. I told him we had church and brunch at 9 am. He assured me he would be there. He showed up at 9 am. We did not make church or brunch.

30 mins spent to not taken off. He cleaned the filter and said LG sent him the wrong part but the washer was working. It did work for 4 loads then OE code again. Called LG. Still no refund or replacement or a washer that works. I don't know what to do. We have lost 5 days of work. Over 200 hour on the phone with LG. 45 min one way to nearest laundry at $60 a week. And hundreds of hour of our lives.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The machine only lasted 2 years, the LG engineers came to look at it and couldn't fix it and on top of everything I had to pay for the engineers to come and have a look at it. Definitely not the quality you expect from a £1000 machine, will never buy an LG product again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

LG (Life is NOT good) Front Load Washer - WMM3670HWA. The first 2 sets they tried to deliver were damaged. I waited about 10 weeks to finally take delivery of the washer and dryer in October 2017 and put them into service in November 2017. I'll never buy LG again. 100% piece of crap and all LG wants to do is send someone out to repair it but they never really repair anything. The clothes never really get clean... When I use the speed cycle, it consistently gets stuck at 7 minutes and never spins out and it will sometimes time-out but more than likely I have to hit the power button to shut it off.

The regular cycle will get stuck at 4 or 6 minutes and then after 30 minutes it will jump to 11 minutes and then 2 to 4 and then 11 minutes and do it again and again. I have had 3 service appointments. The 1st tech assessed it and talked to the factory and agreed to replace the motherboard, so he came back out to replace the motherboard. The next day it started doing it again. The 2nd/3rd service was a Factory LG tech who had a motherboard and control panel shipped to the house prior to his appointment without talking to us or coming out. The machine is still doing it. I was told by support it was because I use too much soap, I use their lines of how full to fill the soap!?!?

I was told by their out of the US support team I would have to pay for the next service call. I was promised 3 call backs and never got them and then had the supervisor of the Alabama Tech Team hang up on me when I asked him if he would pay for my time off of work, water bill, electricity bill and extra time trying to get someone to fix this piece of JUNK!! I was told I have to have another tech come out and look at it again. I have to run a load of laundry and cross my fingers I hear the chime that says it is done. I have to run a load 4 to 5 times before it will finish a wash cycle 1 time. He told me nothing proves is it is a piece of junk and they are following the warranty. I told him I could take a video to prove it and they laughed at me. There is ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE of this ever working normal. Biggest waste of money... So regret this purchase!

Original review: June 9, 2018

I am using a 5.5 kg front loading LG washing machine which stopped draining the water out of it. When I registered a complain on 2nd June, they send one stupid technician Mr ** who showed us the water drainage and took away Rs 590 as a service charge of LG which is quite high. Later when we realized that the problem is not solved, we tried calling the customer care so many times in last 6 days but they just note down your complain and tell you that someone will visit again. Finally they gave me a contact of local Hyderabad service center Mr ** (Mr **) number who is another bluff master. LG are highly irresponsible people. I will never recommend LG washing machine to anyone for their third class service.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When I bought my house 2 years ago we purchased all LG products. When I say all I mean ALL! Televisions, sound systems, wall ovens, dishwasher, water, dryer, cooktop, fridge, DVD players and EVERYTHING. From the beginning I have had a small leak at the bottom of the washer door. The technicians have been out several times but they say it is a known issue on the LG doors. Apparently even 1 piece of dog hair can cause it to leak. I try wiping the door down every time but that works intermittently at best. My mother has a Whirlpool and several dogs and she never has an issue with hers and only wipes the door when she cleans the washer once a month or so. Needless to say having to keep a rag in front of your washer is extremely frustrating, but what really got me was the customer service.

I say customer service but it is really a complete absence of it. When I called them about the issue and that the techs say it is a known issue they claimed my service company was not a factory authorized provider. (They are the largest appliance dealer in the state and only service what they sell because their techs are all factory trained and authorized.) So, I ask them to schedule a visit from their "factory tech". 1 week later they email me the contact info for their supposed factory service company. It is a computer/IT company that only services phones and computers! When I called LG back they did not understand why their "factory service center" outdent work on the washer. So I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Sorry for the run on but the supervisor conversation deserves its own paragraph. From the beginning he made it clear he did not care a bit. I explained I had had the service company out several times and it is a design flaw. He disputed that and I explained the techs say this is a common issue they get called to look at. He informs me we are not talking about anyone else's washers but mine. I explain I have over $10,000 worth of LG appliances and this is the one giving me trouble. He tells me since it is out of the year manufacturer warranty nothing can be done. I recommended a 50/50 split on the purchase price for a credit towards the new washer I have to buy. He said they won't do anything and this is not their problem and then hung up on me.

Stay away from LG products completely! Even though a few work well, (their wall oven is awesome), the customer service is absolutely horrid. I have never been treated so badly by any company before, even for issues with inexpensive items they at least are courteous and polite, regardless of the end result. LG will be laughing all the way to the bank after you buy your inferior product and we are probably lucky they even bother to answer the phone. Then again, not being able to reach them might actually leave you less frustrated than getting a hold of them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I'll never buy an LG Front Loader again. Piece of crap. The clothes never smell clean... We are pretty clean people. When I use the speed cycle, it consistently gets stuck at 7 minutes. Never again. The dryer is equally as crappy. I have to run the dryer at least 2 times to get the clothes dry.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Nothing but a headache. I purchased it from Home Depot highly recommended. It just the worst machine ever. The last thing was it flooded my home because of the sensor fail. It just kept filling up with water and overflowed. It has been serviced tons of times.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My washing machine is new. I have never had such a bad experience over a washing machine before in my life. Basically my washing machine is broken, it's not working. I have had it for six weeks. They said they would send an engineer to look at it today. They apparently cancelled it and told lies. They said someone had been around. They had not. They lied someone cancelled. I spoke to a manager. He was rude and told me I had to maintain it first. A brand new product??? He was so rude. He said, "Why don't you ring trading standards." Which I did. Both Currys where I brought and LG are passing the buck. Trading standards said they are breaking the Consumer Act of 2015. I have filed a complaint with Currys, LG and trading standards. I don't even want a product of theirs in my apartment after dealing with ignorant rude people in LG.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The high rate of failures. Just search online for those 32** models. They are all the same. LG WM3250 bought in Lowe's 4 years ago with 5 years warranty. Started making a loud clicking sound on spinning cycle. Warranty guy came, looked at it and said "I don't think Lowe's will approve 1000 d. fix. Drum and arm assembly need to be replaced." Sure enough, Lowe's initiated buyout. Now with that money, I can even buy anything close. All of those NFC tag crap and nothing got fixed for bearings and arm issues for years. If Lowe's will replace it, it will be the last LG thing I buy.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have Model WT1101CW LG washing machine and can say with total honesty that this is the worse machine I have ever owned. It goes out of balance so many times during the wash cycle that it takes hours to wash a load. It keeps filling with water to try to rebalance itself so it wastes water and ultimately we end up stopping it with the clothes still wet to dry them because it will not spin them out. We spent over $400 dollars on repairs already and it still doesn't work. UE, UE, UE I am so sick of that code. Don't buy this machine!!!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased an LG washing machine 3 years ago. I have had customer service on the phone on a regular basis, which FINALLY led to them sending out several service persons, who knew NOTHING about the problem. The washer does not have enough water in the tub to even cover the clothes to be washed; I was told to use the “water plus” button to add extra water to the tub...it does nothing. Every load of my clothing being washed comes out with whitish/grey marks all over them, especially pants, workout clothes. And any fleece item washed is ruined by “scum” marks.

I have complained continually, only to be told to run the “tub clean” every other week (which, by the way, is an empty tub that just "washes" the tub, but doesn’t really...). An incredible waste of water - especially for a washer that is supposed to conserve water. Next we were told to run the empty tub on “oxi sanitize” and add a jug of vinegar to the tub. That worked for about 3 loads. I would NEVER recommend this machine to anyone. My sister-in-law owned an LG for 29 days & turned it back in. Bring back the old tubs!! We are NOT saving any water with this machine!!!

Original review: April 29, 2018

2 years into an LG and already issues. Cracks in plastic at top of machine. The lid has separated from the glass top. The glue that holds it let go. This caused the frame to crack from the pressure of the EZ down lid hinges. It all came apart. Now we can't use the machine. We purchased the 3rd party extended warranty. They want to buy out machine for depreciated value. Less than 1/2 of value new. LG so far has done nothing. Out of warranty. We just want our lid fixed. Warranty company won't. Frustrated... Hoped it would last years and years.

Original review: April 28, 2018

If I could give this washer 0 stars out of 5 I would. I bought the washer in January of 2018. I used it for about 2 weeks when it started banging and sounded like it was going to come through the floor. I called LG and they sent out a service tech to come look at it. The balance bar was broken and numerous other parts had to be replaced, and of course one was on back order. We finally got it fixed after almost 3 weeks of it being broken.

Now we are in April of 2018. The washer starts to shake again & make the same noises as before, only this time I have leaking all over my floor. I call LG again to see what can be done. I talked to 3 different people, was on hold for almost 2 hours, the last person being a manager who was rude, and very unhelpful. I ended up scheduling another person to come out to diagnose the washer, of course a week and a half out. The technician comes to diagnose the washer on a Monday, I don't hear anything back from them and on Wednesday I get a text from LG saying I have a repair order for yet ANOTHER appliance repair company. I call to see what is going on and LG states that the first appliance company said the job was too big for them and their company is not able to do it (this was a company that LG hired).

They hired another appliance company and again, they are more than a week out with scheduling. After talking again to LG they are not scheduled to come FIX it, but to diagnose it. This is after I talked to the first appliance repair company and having them tell me that the washer needs to be completely rebuilt and that the LG engineering department told them that there is over $500 worth of just parts. At the end of my phone call I asked to speak with someone higher up, and they stated someone would call me in 24 to 48 hours, and of course 24-48 hours later, no phone call. I am BEYOND frustrated with LG. I have been without a washer for longer than I have actually used mine. I would NEVER buy this washer again, let alone another appliance from LG. Their customer service is terrible and it has been a highly disappointing experience dealing with LG.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have problems with every load. The water does not even come close to wetting even a small load. Clothes often come out dry, always still dirty and with actual pieces of dirt that I brush off. I’m doing a load of work clothes right now and I brought the garden hose in to add water. When I turned it back on it went through its “load sensing” crap and then began to pump out the extra water to make sure my clothes came out dry and dirty. Don’t ever ever ever buy one of these!!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I’ve been wondering why my clothes have little holes in them, get pilly and faded so quickly, and even get tied in a knot sometimes when I do a load of laundry. I finally realized it’s the new washing machine (WT7600HWA). I am so disappointed. The spin cycle is so high that it’s causing little holes In my clothes. I believe it’s also causing the clothes to get all entangled and tied up in a knot which is difficult to untangle and make them a very wrinkled. I am very unhappy with this washing machine and very disappointed. I would not recommend it to anyone. I also don’t like the cycles are so long, why should I take an hour and a half to do a load of laundry? That uses more electricity and water that way as well.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought the LG wp2060R which is suppose to be a 17 kg washload machine... as the largest LG I have bought, I thought it better for a larger wash load... but the spin dry section is where the problem is... you need to spend too much time balancing the clothes to get the spin dryer to operate properly. It's frustrating it happens with all those highspeed spin driers but the larger capacity machines are the worst. LG as a leading brand need to rectify this problem quickly to take some of the extended stress out of laundering. It's very frustrating. I have neighbours who bought the same model and are frustrated with the same problem. (Trying to be diplomatic even though I desire to use some adjectives to express my frustration with this problem.) We would like to just transfer the wash to the spin and just start without any time consuming adjustments. Thank you.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Washing machine self-destructed after 1 year 8 months. My washing machine destroyed itself while on the spin cycle, ruining the washing machine and damaging the adjacent walls of the laundry room. It has been two months, with weekly follow-ups to LG and no progress toward even looking at the machine. This is clearly a manufacturing defect, not a warranty issue. I would strongly discourage purchasing an LG washing machine. I replaced the machine with a Samsung which has performed well.

Not sure about LG Washing Machines?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Washers and Dryers for you.

LG Washing Machines Company Information

LG TV
    1958
    Korea Sout
    www.lg.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business