LG Washing Machines
1.11/5

Need a washer and dryer?

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2262 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a top load LG washer and dryer about 5 years ago. The washer takes 3 times as long to complete cycles than it should. It begins to rinse and spin, then the UE signal comes on. After rebalancing the clothes the rinsing and spinning cycles begin again and the entire sequence happens over and over. I now have to manually wait for the spinning to almost finish then stop the cycle (this even happens with small loads so I am not overloading the washer). The washer has been balanced numerous times as well. If I don’t monitor the situation it can take over 2 1/2 hours for a simple load of laundry to finish. I have also noticed a foul smell at times which necessitates the use of bleach and/or Lysol for cleaning the tub. The dryer has been fine but the washer has been very disappointing and I’m sure has cost much more in utility bills due to unmonitored cycle times when I am not watching closely enough.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Avoid if possible. Bought a washer and dryer pair. It arrived fine and the washer seemed to have mounted great. When it came time for the dryer after the installation, the dryer started giving errors about the ducks being blocked. First checked the actual installed duck work, that didn't help; then removed the dryer from atop the washer and removed the exhaust altogether, this also did not remove the issue. Started contacting the LG support, after some back and forth; reset the machine a couple of times and this also caused no breakthrough. They scheduled a technician to come in 3 days from then.

The day the service was supposed to be done, I took a day off work and had a 2 hr time slot. The time slot came and when with no technician. I've contacted the support again about why he did not show up. They provided me with no concrete reason as to why, and no explanation why they didn't even contact me about it. More back and forth on how to solve this issue and as it turns out they cannot even rebook me for another time slot; since there are no open slots. So now, I'm two weeks into not be able to use a dryer with no time that a technician can come in to fix it, and support who don't really care if this gets solved. All of this on a $2500 purchase of a brand new set. To summarize avoid buying LG.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Bought this $900.00 nightmare from Home Depot, clothes smell horrible, washer has dirt all around top of tub, soap dispenser does not work!! Gave up my old Maytag for this South Korean made piece of junk!! Never again!! Home Depot will not stand behind the products they carry either!! Will never, ever buy another LG product!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

We purchased LG front loading machine 10 years ago. For these 10 years we had 6 repaired done which cost us close to additional $1000. Today was going to be the 7 repair, however we found out that LG stopped offering parts for our model (parts discontinued). When I called LG customer service, instead of them offering solution, I was asked if I need a service to come and take the washer to a junkyard... People do not spent your hard earned money to buy from this company.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

5 years ago, I bought an LG Washer and Dryer set for $1700 at Lowe's. After a year and a half, I started getting the uneven load message occasionally. At this point, it does it on every single load, even if it's empty. My water bill is outrageous because it just keeps refilling with water. I've resorted to hand ringing each item washed in order to put the clothes in the dryer. LG will do nothing about it because it's been 5 years since I bought it even though I started calling about the problem after 2 years. I refuse to pay $300 for them to come out to check the problem, then additional cost to fix it, since it's a well known issue with their washers. It is a manufacturer design issue and can't be fixed. The only reason they are still in business is probably because of maintenance costs to continue to repair their horrible products. Model #WT4870C.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I purchased an LG computerized washer from Home Depot that has a big label that says 10 years, which is no guarantee of anything. The washer worked 3 years and the $450 power supply went out. No more computerized washers for me. They are pretty, but I will take the simple old models with knobs and mechanical parts without the fancy very expensive to repair computer parts from now on. My washer before it lasted over ten years. My expensive LG is in my shed. I cannot bear to put on the curb something I paid that much for. I now have a used washer that I paid $100 for the washer/dryer pair that work just fine. They are Roper models. I only recommend the LG gamble to people who have more money than they need and money to throw away.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased an LG front loading stackable washer (Model #WM3270CW) in April 2018. I contacted Lowe's (place of purchase) in May 2018 due to washer banging and shaking when spinning. Service rep came and adjusted front right leg and said problem was due to being unbalanced and issue now fixed. Washer still having same issues. Contacted Lowe's again and was advised to contact LG as they were unable to fix the problem. LG service rep came in August and advised would do nothing since I had not removed the attached stackable dryer. Shortly thereafter 2 boxes containing parts was received from LG with no explanation. LG now tells me to contact Lowe's to fix the problem since I will not remove the dryer. Explained to them that I am 61 yr old female unable to remove the dryer which made no difference to customer service rep. Will NEVER purchase LG product again!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Bought a LG Top Loading Washer less than 3 years ago... I have had (3) repairman out and this washer is still NOT FIXED... Tub fills w/ water, eventually stop but never washes. Then, will drain... Will NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I am truly disappointed with my LG washer model WT487OC. I purchased it approx 61 months ago, and yes my 48 months protection plan expired. The machine began to exhibit a problem 3 months ago when after a wash load, there was a noticeable debris on the damp clothing which led to concerns before drying the load. After a few calls to LG Customer Service and a discussion with Rocket Appliance Repair who LG suggested I call. It was determined that the machine somehow had developed mold internally. I tried over 10 different options that LG & THEIR REPAIR SERVICED suggested I attempt, but to no avail. The machine was considered unrepairable. In over 40 years of cleaning and purchasing household appliances I have never experienced anything like this. I will never buy LG appliances again, and any I presently own I will seek replacements for as soon as possible.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased my front load LG washer in 2013. I have to clean it constantly because it smells like mold all the time. Half the time I’m not sure if my clothes are actually being washed. But this last issue was just the icing on the cake. I put in a load of towels, walked out on my porch to put my dogs out and my roommate came home to find water all over my front stoop, all over the laundry room floor, the bathroom, the hallway and the two bedrooms on the hallway. It was at least 20 to 30 gallons of water all over.

LG had the audacity to tell me I could pay for a tech to come out and diagnose the problem and then I could pay for them to fix it. I have about $20,000 in damage I have to take care of. I’m not paying for their machine's mechanical breakdown too. So then they said if I send them my original receipt they will open a case and see if they can send me a tech out to repair my machine but they can’t help me with the damage it has caused. Something in this machine is defective and now I have to pay for it. I would never buy anything from LG again and would not recommend anyone purchasing from them either.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I don't want to give it a star. I'm glad I work on washers. I replaced 3 drain pump motor and 1 rotor position switch and door switch in 5 years. Doesn't wash well. Dryer is the best. We'll not have a LG washer after this. I would not take a new one!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I paid $900 for a top loading LG washer. Within the first 6 months the main board failed and had to be replaced. It took LG A MONTH TO FIX IT. It continued to require service and the repair company that LG uses is in no hurry to help. One service call was only a repair guy taking a picture of the model number. THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL HE DID. They already had the model number anyway before coming to my house so this was a waste of my time, which I had to miss work for. This machine is total junk. Nothing works on it and the "Energy efficient" claim is a lie. It will double your electric and water bill.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Not happy at all with LG Electronics USA. Terrible customer service. Bought a washing machine 4 months ago and it's already dead. Can't get an English speaking person on the phone, must go through endless questions, and can't get someone to look at it. Don't stand behind their product. Stay away!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We have a had our LG washing machine and dryer now for approximately six years. My washing machine decided to break down and we have called several appliance repair shops and none of them want to work on LG. They say trying to get the parts for them is impossible and they are impossible to work on. I finally found one place that is willing to come out and look at it but they are giving me no guarantee. Last month our LG refrigerator had a spring break on the flapper part of the door. We called several appliance repair places. None of them wanted to work on it because it was LG. I finally talked one into coming out because it was only a spring, right? Well they couldn’t just replace the spring. The whole flapper had to be replaced. Much to our surprise the only flapper that was available took six weeks to get to us. And it cost $300 because a little tiny spring broke. Absolutely ridiculous!!!! We will never ever purchase an LG product again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Washing machine 6 mths old. Machine going into violent spin. Video sent to LG and blaming installation. Knowhow team from Currys have been out twice at LG request and the say it's a mechanical issue. Currys store having to fight with LG on the phone for them to send engineer out. I have care plan with Currys who say they can't do anything until LG have been out. I have lost faith in LG and despite doing everything I have been asked to do I am still getting nowhere. I have sent videos as requested. I have to chase up as no one gets back to me. I am also having to take days off work to accommodate KNOWHOW to visit.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We had our washer for about 6 or 7 years. It did not clean clothes very well. About two month ago I started a load of laundry whenever our children went out to complete their outside chores (we live in the country). We still have 6 children at home, one is only 2 so he was in the house with me and our 17 year old. We heard a sound like a shotgun going off in the house. Our 17 year old and myself ran to see what it was, the washing machine literally blew up. Thankfully the children were out doing chores or someone's could have been seriously injured or killed...our babies high chair was thrown across the room and nearly broke the window. LG has done nothing! I called them immediately after we cleaned up the mess and all the water. They said I wouldn't hear back from them in two days...never heard a word back from them. Will not be purchasing any LG products again!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Wash machine about a year old died. Most of the time the machine washed clothes for a single man with a white-collar job. So very little clothing once every couple weeks and certainly not soiled at all. Service took 3 weeks to show up and then told the machine is junk by LG's own serviceman and then told part to fix it is discontinued! On a 1-year-old machine? Then constant runaround from LG about a proof of purchase (which I do not have). The machine was purchased at Best Buy with a Best Buy gift card so no credit card or check or other means of proof. Best Buy says they cannot trace gift card purchases.

The machine has a 10-year warranty and I only know this because LG told me I registered the machine with the serial number on October 10, 2017. THEY KNOW the machine was purchased and registered for the warranty! I didn't steal it! You cannot walk out of Best Buy with clothes washing machine hidden in your pants pocket! So they know when it was purchased and where it was purchased from. They (LG) have a record of all serial numbers and where they are delivered. Now they refuse to honor the warranty.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Puchased LG Washer (top loader) in May 2018, had it delivered & set up, and got NO instruction on how to use the item. It tears rugs, uses too little water, wastes water, does not clean clothes, and I am told to not wash heavy items, then again not to wash light items. No response from LG even after unknowledgeable repair visit, and Home Depot (Seller) will not return calls. Worst washer on the marked, for sure.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I purchased a new LG washer and dryer in April 2018. From the beginning the dryer leaked water from the door. When I called they told me not to use dryer sheets. I wasn't, Lint collects on the gasket on the door and continues to leak. I've been calling them for 6 months. A guy came out and did nothing. He said they would order me a new door and front. In the end they never returned a phone call. My dryer still leaks water and I'm looking for the Better Business Bureau information. I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I never write reviews but I just had to. I got LG top of the line, top loader washer and dryer set. I guess I didn't research it enough. I have been doing laundry for 30 years and there really is nothing I like about this set. First and foremost, neither the washer nor dryer let you choose your settings. They have categories and it is what it is. Unfortunately they are terrible and don't work, e.g., nothing between normal and delicate. Does not get stains out unless you use 2 1/2 hour cycle with soak. Can't understand that one. Dryer same problem with settings. "More dry" is really almost dry. I gave it a year and still is the worst purchase I have ever made.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought a top load washing machine, three months later machine started giving some i3 code means water pump is not working correctly, so we call LG. Looks like everything going ok. They send a tech to check the machine. His name DAVID **. I will never forget this name. Why? This tech is a LG house. He told me, "Oh! Pump is not working. I will order the part. I'll come back and replace it," so like I said before everything looks nice although this guy is honest so far. He came back ten days later. I wasnt in home. My wife let him do the job. He spend 15min to replace the pump. Wow this guy is awesome. Finished fast and "good worked supported".

In the following days we know if something is wrong with the machine, softener stays doesn't go away. We call LG again. They said if a tech come to our house again we will pay for it, I totally refused to pay anything if we still have our warranty. Anyways they send another guy from APEX APPLIANCE SERVICE, GUESS WHAT HAPPEN NEXT. This second tech find out the LG guy never replace the water pump and LG tech DAVID ** sabotage our machine cutting the wires. This way our machine will never show codes anymore.

Apex tech pass the information about what happen to LG and again when I called LG they dont have any info about it. Looks like they cover each other. I dont know exactly. ANYWAYS, if I describe all terrible time what happens to get my machine fixed will take me more than 24 hrs to do it, anyways if you already purchased any LG items you're **... Just watch out for this guy DAVID **. If your machine is broke or if it's another tech from LG be on him make sure he fixed your expensive machine. LG COMPANY IS A NIGHTMARE. NEVER EVER WE WILL BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS BRAND.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have bought a washing machine. They deliver a damage piece. They play a big game with me for not giving a replacement. They have cheated me by passing the time. First they said to show damage part in photo they give replacement. Again they said, "We can’t give replacement of product. We give replace the damage part," and after some time they again saying, "We will not give replace." Very poor customer care.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have purchased my new washing machine 12 days before, 1 washing machine arrived with dent. Due to nonacceptance of installation my washing machine replaced with new. After washing cloth powder residues remains in, so I raised complaint. Service people replies higher side of powder used so I follow the instructions. Half dose of powder use. Problem remain same, I search Google what can be issue then I find jet spray issue, then I specifically complain, "Please start my jet spray." Then executive replied was, "It's start automatically, it's not necessary every time start." 2 another executive visited. Both said jet spray not working. Still I have that worst LG machine, at least lo mail more than 30 calls made by me for this issue. Still pending complain. I think no brand can be behave like this, go for any of the brand not with LG.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This washer is only 5 years old. There is no reason it should be failing already. Even with small loads, it continues to go into the UE mode, and repeats cycles constantly. So the alleged energy savings is out the window. It will frequently take as long as 2 hours to get one load done. And that's if it finishes at all. LG televisions we have are pretty reliable. No complaints. But their washers and dryers are not worth the money spent.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Do not buy LG all in one washer and dryer. It doesn't dry at all, clothes get hotter and wetter, I followed all instructions. It also says takes 6 hours and 10 mins to dry a small load, which it didn't. LG tech came turned it on and off didn't try the dryer cycle. I found out LG only turn on and off any of their products, without looking at the problem. Therefore if it turns and off they say no problems. Never buy LG products.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have to re-adjust the load twice per load, minimum. Right now, have waited 4 hours for a load. I've tried all jeans, all sheets, a mix etc. God forbid if you add a pair of jeans or a sweatshirt to lightweight clothes. Trouble finding repairmen as they want no part of LG. Going back to "dumb" washer. Thought it was me until I found this site. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We purchased an LG WT4970CW washing machine in August 2014 from Best Buy. Shortly after using it, I noticed some of laundry would be dry on top, especially sheets. Sheets would be pulled tightly across top of drum and be completely dry - obviously were not touched by water and detergent. Then, on subsequent loads, the machine kept giving error message: UE which means the load is out of balance. Machine shuts off in middle of cycle and you have to open the lid, pull the laundry out and rearrange it, close lid and machine turns on again. However, during one load, this happened up to six times and it took me four hours to complete one load of laundry. I don't stand by the machine while it is doing its job, so when I would expect the laundry to be done, I would go to my basement only to see the UE displayed which meant it wasn't finished.

I had a repair person come to my home last week (10/2018). He called and spoke with an LG technical support person. He explained the problem and was told I was doing the laundry incorrectly. The LG agent told him I have to wash only like items at one time. In other words, if I have a load of jeans, tee shirts, polo shirts, men's underwear, socks, I need to sort the clothes and wash the jeans separate from the shirts, separate from the underwear and socks!!! The machine goes out of balance almost every time I wash two bath towels, one hand towel, and one washcloth along with a nightgown and some underwear. The LG agent said I should only be washing towels (up to six bath towels) at one time and nothing else.

This is not how REALITY works! It would take me a full day to do the equivalent of two loads of laundry. It would also defeat the purpose of the water-conserving feature of these new machines. I would need to do six tiny loads of laundry in place of my normal two loads. Also, I do not have enough clothing to wait until I have a full load of just underwear so it is a normal-sized load. I don't even have enough pants and shirts to wait until I have a full load of just pants to wash. This machine is only 4-1/2 years old and I have to replace it. I also bought the extended warranty, but was only offered a one-year extension for parts only. Of course, the warranty expired in August 2016.

The repair person said there were no parts to replace or would make sense to replace, because the cost of the repair would be almost the cost of a new machine with no guarantee it would fix the problem. He told me my complaints are very common complaints he has heard over and over from his customers regarding their LG machines. The repairperson highly recommended I buy a Speed Queen TR7000 which works almost the same way my 35-year-old Maytag washer worked and it comes with a seven-year materials and labor warranty. Can't wait to give the LG machine the heave-ho and get the Speed Queen machine! I will never buy ANY LG product as long as I live.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We recently purchased a new home and with it came an LG washer. After a service call to LG, followed by a maintenance call from a local repair company we are STILL completely dissatisfied with this washer. I have never in all my years of doing laundry (4 children) have ever had to sort clothes based on weight. Even with doing so, the load can take up to two hours to do. The spin cycle is awful and continues to repeat itself. It is quicker to dry a load of towels versus doing a load of wash with the LG. I have read many of the same complaints on this board. LG, you need to do something about this. I would never, ever recommend an LG product to anyone based on my experience with this one product. It is the absolute worst.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

First I'm 5 ft 2 in, I need a stepladder to reach my close in bottom of washer, pain in the butt, then only 4 yrs old, a valve stuck on filling my washer to overflowing, it flooded my home, ruined my floors and they won't cover anything but fix the washer 2 weeks later, so I would not recommend this product. If I would have left and came back, my home would have been totally gone and my insurance I would have had to use and put out a deductible, and my rates would have went up or dropped because of the malfunction. It was a nightmare trying to get through to the number for your warranty, thank goodness Allen at Home Depot got the ball rolling for me, but would not recommend product or warranty. Next time I'm buying the cheapest washer out there for the money in spent.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Bought LG W/D set from Lowe's, topload washer not frontload. 33 days after installation dryer started knocking while drying (loud). Called LG CS, took 5 days for repairman to call and set up appt. Rollers were bad so installed new ones, 2 days later loud knocking was back so installed new motor, 3 days later and louder than before. Repairman came out and replaced all rollers again. So far all is good but the process took over 2 months to resolve. Lowe's was NO help at all. Now the washer... it smells like rotten eggs after a couple of washes, we need to run tub clean every 2-3 days to keep smell away.

1500.00 and we have a washer that has all the fancy bells and whistles but can't do a basic wash load without special care. Even following all the instructions for keeping lid open and not leaving clothes in washer nothing changes the smell after a couple of days. LG CS is terrible, Lowe's CS is terrible. LG products are a nightmare, never again. Bought 3 yr extended warranty and they were just words and excuses. Seems this is a design flaw that should have been fixed but I guess the consumer will just deal with the bad product design.

LG Washing Machines Company Information

LG TV
    1958
    Korea Sout
    www.lg.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.