Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

LG Washing Machines Reviews

LG Washing Machines
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I purchased this machine because I was told that the direct drive technology made it very quiet. This makes a very loud grinding noise when in use. The noise can be heard from every room in the house. It is so loud that we can not talk on the phone when the machine is in use. The first time I heard it, I thought someone was in our yard with a chain saw. I cringe every time I use it and hear the loud grinding noise. I am so disappointed that I spent the extra money to get this machine that was suppose to be so quiet. I strongly discourage anyone from wasting their money on this machine.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

If I could rate this with zero stars I would! There was nothing wrong with the 5 year year old washer, it was the computer board and LG no longer provides updates! Only 3 years in, Almost every load gets an unbalanced error. You have to adjust the load so it will start again. This can happen 5-10 times before you finish one load, which can take all day!! You can replace the computer board for just under $300???? Why would we keep using this machine or anything from LG?? We have never been so disappointed or frustrated!

LG Washing Machines response
    We certainly understand your frustration with this and are happy to look into what is going on to see how we can best assist you with getting it resolved. Please contact LG Customer Support so that we can better investigate your issues and quickly assist you towards a resolution. You can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
    Live Chat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com ^CP

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

About 75% of the loads will experience an out of balance error. The washer will "attempt" to recover by entirely filling with water, agitating and attempt to re-spin. Doesn't work. Even after re-positioning the load, rarely will it complete the cycle. We generally end up removing about half the load and try to spin in batches. We have to "babysit" the machine to prevent it from using more and more water. We will never buy another LG product and do our best to dissuade others from making the same mistake we did. The one star rating we had to give is more than this machine deserves.

Live Chat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot

Twitter: @LGUSSupport

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I purchased LG wash machine model WT-1501CW in 2016. The wash plate started to pop up. When I removed it, I noticed the groves were plastic and the agitator was metal which caused it to wear down. I ordered the part online for $60. When I tried to replace it, the agitator bearing was welded to the transmission shaft so it was IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I called LG and they referred me to an LG authorized repair company. The repair company come out and CONFIRMED that the agitator bearing was welded to the transmission shaft and there is no way to repair. The appliance repair company and I have both reached out to LG several times. We are both receiving the run around. This is clearly a factory defect. I am going on three weeks without any assistance from LG on how they will rectify THEIR faulty machine.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I have a 5-year-old top load LG Inverter direct drive washing machine. It struggles with 9 out of 10 loads. I get constant errors or it will refill tub with water, drain and attempt the spin cycle again. I have made sure I load it properly with no luck. Going back to the old top load WITH agitator as soon as possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Spent thousands on 5.5 Cu Ft TopLoad Washer w/ Steam Model WT7900HBA & matching Dryer. LG thinks their customers are stupid. YOU CANNOT WASH CLOTHES WITHOUT WATER! NOT efficient. INSANE. DO NOT BUY!!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

This is a 5 months old washer. It's been noisy since week one. Lowe's installers couldn't completely fix it. Lately, it is been excessively noisy and vibrating during its spinning, even at low speeds. LG support is very nice at talking. However, they don't actually send any information.

LG Washing Machines response
      We are sorry to see you are having issues with your washing machine vibrating. You can troubleshoot issues with excessive vibrating using the following help article: https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/vibrations-front-load-washer-CT10000011-1400517829363 If you need further assistance, you can contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
      LiveChat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot

Twitter DM: @LGUS

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com/ ^CP

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Washer does not clean clothes..have to wash twice. Tried all cycles. Customer service reads from a script... Don't waste your money. Spin cycle is too much, afraid machine is going to cause damage. I thought I did my research before purchase, obviously not, sorry I didn't check this site. Purchased from Home Depot in July 2019. Too late at this point. Never again of LG products.

LG Washing Machines response
      We are sorry to see you are having issues with your washing machine. We would be happy to look into the troubles you are experiencing to see how we can best assist. Please contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
      LiveChat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot

Twitter DM: @LGUS

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Throws errors LG refused to fix. 2 months old. 3 errors. Model WT7060CV: We purchased from well known retailer, upgraded all external hoses, faucet, etc. at time they installed. Within 2 weeks, started getting errors requiring reset, that worked, now at 2 months of light usage, vacation home, the error claims no water coming into tub. The symptoms however are conflicting: water fills tub and washes, then as it goes into spin, error thrown, tub drains, washer stops working, items in washer are wet. Now we can't get washer to work at all, the current error says requires repair person, we call retailer, they give us LG Customer Service, customer service tells us the problem is no water is coming into tub, I explained that was not the case and reiterated symptoms.

We did video call with LG, they found no problem and said the hose must be clogged since "no water was coming in". We said yes water is coming in, they said to clean the filters which required taking back off of washer but they wouldn't stay on the call to assist, I said water is coming in and seems odd that after 2 months the filters have to be cleaned and I am not comfortable doing this on my own, they said to stop repeating myself and hung up on me. They gave us 2 repair people in Seattle, 1 out of business, 1 never called back. I asked for repair services closer to East side because anyone further out won't drive to our location, they gave me 2 that are further away than first repair service. Retailer told us LG was supposed to call repair service not us.

Now the retailer, who really has been super helpful is dealing with LG and is going to pay for an LG repair company closer to our location that is not on LG authorized list to go out to try to repair the machine. The retailer told me LG is extremely difficult to work with when issues occur with their products. Lesson learned. DON'T BUY LG, I now have a shiny new 2 month old washing machine that does not work and neither the retailer or LG will take back. The good news... The dryer works fine. So far.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Our front-loading washer, bought through Best Buy 6 months ago, has a soap dispenser that will not properly drain. LG customer service, now contacted 5-6 times, will not fix the problem without a "proper" paper receipt. Nothing I have is good enough for them. The most frustrating experience for a brand new appliance.

LG Washing Machines Company Information