LG Washing Machines
1.38/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a washer and dryer?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

LG Washing Machines

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 19, 2017

2105 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I bought my first LG front load washer 4 years ago. Stopped working, repair person sad it was the bearings, changed them out, still not working, so had to service second time, changed internal set of bearings so ok, now a new problem. The water is pouring out of the bottom of machine. So back to repair person. He told me LG had by now paid more for repairs, than the machine is worth, so now LG finally agree to relapse my machine, but I had to drive 225km to pick it up myself. But died that, and now, only 1/1/2 years later this LG is also stuffed. So for me LG never again. Worst machine I ever had, and I am 76 years old, so have had a few machines. Shall go back to ASKO.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I bought a New LG washing machine. 5 weeks later it squeaks nonstop while washing clothes. I called LG, they send a repair guy out who is in my home less than 5 min and says "I have no idea what's wrong with it" and he leaves! I had to call LG again 3 weeks later because we hadn't heard anything from the repair guy and all they said was "call the repair guy back." Here we are almost 2 months later and still have a squeaking washing machine! LG will not replace my machine. They are making us order parts! Very unhappy customer who has only made 3 payments!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I purchased the Model#WT4870C*W LG White Top Load Washing Machine 12/20/13, purchase price $599. And because my husband and I traveled for 18 months this machine got less than average use. This is the worst machine I have ever owned, reasons are as follows, does not clean clothes, the clothes come out dirtier than when they went in and yes I wash my tub with tub cleaner very often. Does not use enough water to cover the clothes and even when I use extra rinse. Clothes come out with soap and dog hair all over them. The top of the tub on the rim stays filthy. I get cleaner clothes from old laundromat machines. Sometimes clothes come out still dry in spots. How can this be. I believe LG should return everyone's money and get out of the business. Same goes for their TVs. I will go back to agitator style from Maytag if I can find one. Very disgusted with this purchase, a waste of my money, I will never buy LG, again...

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I bought this machine in March, 2016. I got a 10 year warranty and that was a selling point. I've followed the manual to the T. I clean the water filters, tub clean every month, etc. So I am doing my due diligence. However, since the day I got it it hasn't done a load the same way twice no matter the setting. It doesn't use enough water and ruins clothing. I have a very bad back so I had to put a short hose to connect to my slop sink because it was taking a toll on my arthritis. It cannot even begin to do a heavy duty load! I always have to add more water to every single load so that nothing gets ruined. My old machine was 20 years old and did an incredible job compared to this piece of junk. I bought rubber foot holders to make sure it didn't move around which did work but the machine itself is useless.

My husband has to wear fire retardant clothing to work, which is extremely expensive, and even when I add water it continues to destroy these from clothes faster than I've ever seen a washer abuse clothing. The load sensor is useless. It's just there for bells and whistles. There is supposed be an app to tag on to the machine to do smart diagnosis. There is no such app available anywhere. But it says there is and gives step by step instructions on how to do it which takes up more pages in the manual than anything else in there. But it's just filler to make it look good. This was a selling point I liked too, but as I said, it's non-existent. I've tried contacting them a few times but I don't get any response. None. I need to either get them to replace this with something that actually works or return my money. I should have bought the Samsung like was going to initially.

Every time I try to use the Bulky/Bedding cycle it fills the tub to the very top and I'm always afraid it's going to overflow. Even if it's not a big load it fills to the top. Now, this is supposed to be a high efficiency machine but I hardly call that efficient at all. I need something that works. On top of it all, I bought at H.H. Gregg near me which isn't even there anymore and I refuse to let them come look at it just to tell me I need a new main board, which seems to be the reason for everyone's problems, according to all the reviews I've read. LIFE IS NOT GOOD WITH THIS MACHINE! I need real help here. If anyone can suggest something positive that might get me a new machine that actually works, I'm all ears.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We have owned this for two years. When I put in a few day's worth of our family's sweat pants and sweatshirts used both at the gym and on daily 3 mile hikes... I notice that the machine is only using 2 to 3 inches of water. This is not enough water to clean clothes!!! Also when I put in my delicate hiking shirts, they come out with streaks of soak on the outside. This means there is not enough water to properly rinse the clothing. I have tried adding gallons of water by hand, but it doesn't seem to work. Basically, NEVER BUY THE LG BRAND. My husband bought this, but obviously he did not know what he was doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I recently purchased a new LG electric dryer (washer will be next). We love the dryer. From the heavy duty to the delicate, it is amazing. The clothes are not tied in knots, the capacity is great, and the results are beautiful. The dryer is also much, much more quiet than the others we've had.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I purchased a top loading LG washing machine three years ago and I absolutely hate it!!! It takes forever to wash and the clothes don't smell clean! The machine itself stinks and It is so bad I have to use air fresheners in my laundry room. I tried the tub cleaning liquid (whoever thought you would have to clean a washing machine!) and bleach several times and only on the day I do this does it not smell. By the next day the smell is back! Don't buy this washing machine! I am so sorry I purchased it and I am ready to bust it up with a hammer so I can get a new one (never LG again!). Paid a lot of money for it too!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have never wrote a bad review before, but this LG Direct Drive TrueBalance Washing Machine is the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought. My water bill has jumped 20% and we have to babysit the washer daily to get our clothes washed. On average it take 3 to 4 time to even out clothes to get them dry and finish the cycle. Never again will I buy a LG Product. Wish I would have spend time looking at reviews before I purchased. I hope this helps other people before they buy.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I had an LG front load in the washer for six years and the bearing started to go out and needed to be replaced. I called LG and they sold me a warranty to fix the problem. A week later I was contacted by a local appliance store, who came out and looked at my machine. They said yes, it was a bearing problem, but they were not sure that LG would actually authorize the repair, even though I had called LG and specifically requested a bearing repair replacement and they had listened to the machine as it was operating and agreed that it was a bearing problem. The repair technician called them and they did agree to repair my machine. He ordered the parts and two weeks later showed up to do the repair.

He worked on my machine for about three hours and finally got the job done. After he had reassembled my machine he said it would be a good idea to run a cycle to make sure it was all cleaned out after the repair. Without me doing anything, he started the machine, which sounded like it was working properly. He left and a few minutes later I left for an appointment. When I came back about 20 minutes later the door on the machine was knocked open the trashcan next to the machine was knocked over water was all over the floor, And the breaker to the machine had been tripped. I called the repair man and he came back within about an hour and looked at the machine.

Now the tub, the plastic one that encircles the steel one, has a crack in it and was vibrating so violently inside the machine cabinet that it broke the heating element compartment and spewed water all over the entire inside of the machine in the electronics in there. I called LG to inquire what to do now and they basically say that they will not cover this repair because I should’ve not left the house with the washing machine running unattended. ** believable… I cannot believe that a company would say some such BS to a customer who contacted their repair department, purchased their recommended extended warranty, and used their certified repair technician.

And keep in mind it was the technician who at the end of the repair said it would be a good idea to run an empty cycle to clean everything out of the washer. And he did not say you need to stay in the house with your washing machine. And I would imagine almost everybody has washed clothes and left the house with the washer running.

I feel that LG has demonstrated incredibly poor customer service and corporate malfeasance with the way they are abusing people with their worthless warranty. I am considering legal action, and possibly a class action lawsuit to see how many other people they have treated in this way. If you have been treated this way, please call me and leave a message at **. Leave your contact information and tell me about your LG warranty nightmare experience. I will write it up and hopefully turn the materials over to a law firm.

Nobody should be treated as poorly as I was… Basically they sent a technician into my home who completely destroy my washing machine in an attempt to repair my machine that obviously went wrong, and now LG is blaming me. Ridiculous. Outrageous. Nobody should be allowed to do business this way. I will also be contacting one of our local TV affiliates who does stories on problems like this and see if they want to pick this up. I am pissed and I imagine there are a lot of other people out there just like me.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I just purchased a house with a newish 2014 Tromm set. Since moving we have had repeated problems including leaks. We've replaced the motor, and other service. Now I cannot get a technician to show up for an FE (water valve) error, which according to LG's website requires a simple valve replacement. I called LG service to see if they could private a technician. They want nearly $400 to send someone out. They want the money up front, with no guarantee of repair and they expect me to have the machine pulled out and handy for the technician (he won't move it). This is absurd - and from the company itself.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

4 years of cursing and babysitting each rinse cycle. Maybe every 5th load was completed without filling over and over to re-balance. FINALLY problem solved and throwing it out. No more LG anything. Oh happy day!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The washer (model WT1201C) only used sufficient water amount to clean when set to bulky, and even then the no-agitator washer would throw the clothes off balance. This would trigger the washer to refill in an attempt to balance the load, which would then throw the clothes off balance, and this cycle would repeat ALL DAY long. I put clothes on before work at 6am and when I got home at 3 in the afternoon the washer was still continuing to fill and spin, fill and spin. I was so frustrated when LG said it was bc of gov. regulations and that all the washers did this, I finally gave up and bought a Speed Queen which works AMAZINGLY well.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Bought on sale from Lowe's. Front loader with removable drain filter for cleaning every 30 or so days. Has worked well for cleaning and takes liquid or dry soap. Doesn't always deal well with tablets. Has all types of cycles and add water and timing feature along with Bluetooth though I have never found need to use that feature. Seems to be well built and comes with 10 year drive system guarantee. Also has a really good balance system for unbalanced loads such that it works the cloth forwards and backwards until load is balanced before final spin. Older models don't have that feature and eventually tear themselves apart spinning an unbalanced load. Works well and saves water and detergent and has all features. Have had for 2 years 5 adults using fourteen loads per week.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

We purchased an LG top-load washing machine in early Dec. We waited until Valentine's Day for it to be delivered! A new machine was needed after 15 years of washing 4 athletic boys' & a construction working husband's clothes! Our trusty Maytag front-load machines were going out. I wanted to buy new Maytag machines but I got "talked" into LG by the salesperson & fellow customers. I will just state now how truly sorry I am for being swayed into that decision because it was 1 of the worst choices I've made. I cannot stand this machine! I'm not exaggerating when I say my clothes come out of the machine dirtier than when I put them in! The clothes don't even get covered in water! I know they're environmentally friendly, but even when you use the "water plus" option there should not enough water to get all the clothes wet! I have to physically get my arms in the machine & agitate the clothes.

I called the store we purchased them from and of course since they are used they won't return them. I call LG, whose customer service is in a foreign country and the guy proceeds to tell me in a heavy accent that I don't know how to use the washing machine. It's user error. He didn't believe me that the clothes weren't washing and continued to argue with me that I didn't read the manual. I asked what we could do to solve this problem & he told me there's nothing they can do. LG... Life's good... NOT if you own an LG appliance! If you do buy an LG machine make sure you also buy a washboard! You're going to need it if you want any of your laundry to be clean!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I purchased LG WM3170CW front Load washer and not even a few months using it started smelling like mold & mildew. The gasket where the liquid detergent and softener is placed is always full of mold. The rubber by the front section of the washer is full of mold. I did everything: Washing the gasket, wipe down the rubber on the front door section, and wipe down the gasket in the bottom left side of the machine with bleach (mind-boggling why I would have to clean a washing machine... and at least once a month), bought the Tide high efficiency cleaner and would run machine with high efficiency washing cleaner once a month, and still the smell of mold and mildew. Needless to say, I am disappointed with LG products!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This LG WT5001CW top load wash machine is extremely awful! It would not get the clothes clean, is rusting out tremendously, and goes unbalance all the time. Plus it leaks water! I would not recommend LG for anything.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

The Washing Machine actually adds minutes and takes forever. We are careful to balance the clothes and only fill half-way and this damn error code keeps flashing. The machine stops and fills with water. Service people are useless. We just bought this machine a few months ago. Now my wife and I have no choice but to do our laundry at a Laundromat. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE. It is a piece of crap.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Purchased washer 2012 after meticulous research. Never cleaned clothes. Husband runs every day. Clothes washed every day. Cycle runs 1.5 hrs. Clothes smell. After 2nd 1.5 hr wash same thing. Top of washer is rusting out. Purchased at Lowe's on a Lowe's account.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

It’s tempting to say buying this product was the worst mistake I’ve ever made, but that, of course, would be an exaggeration. However, this washer is terrible!!! Just like the rest of you, uneven load is the norm, LG basically doesn’t give a crap, and we paid pretty good money for this hunk. Our water bill - hahaha - efficient??? Absolutely the opposite because it takes like 6 runs to get through a load. My husband has tried to throw the washer through the window, straining his back and causing medical problems. Plus we have to go to marriage counseling now because this piece of “machinery” has caused so much stress. Dirty clothes are mounting regularly, our clothes are never fully clean... I wouldn’t be surprised if I get fired from my job for not smelling good! All joking aside, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I wish we had an old school washer.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Our 34-month-old WM3370HVA front load washer started making loud noises and smoking on Aug 20. Here it is Oct 30 and the machine cannot be repaired because not parts have been available. We have submitted our complaint numerous times via LG's website to receive a call back within 24 hours, as the website claims. No return call has been received. We went to Pacific Sales in Best Buy to get their help. The rep spoke with LG customer service and said we would receive a call from LG. That never happened. After several failed attempts to get assistance we spoke with Brenda at ext ** in Alabama. She said she would research our complaint and get back within 24 - 48 hours. That never happened.

Oct 17, I spoke with Wendy because Brenda was not available to learn the parts would be at the warehouse tomorrow. Wendy said she would email Brenda and the repairman to notify them. Still have not heard from Brenda. The repairman said he could not do anything until we requested a new work order, by calling LG customer service. Oct 19, after 48 minutes on the phone with various reps and hearing the "your time is very precious to us" recording 48 times, the call was disconnected. Did the rep call us back? NO!

Called customer service again to get an appointment for the repair. They had Monday and Tuesday, next week available. We will be out of town visiting a terminally ill family member and need an appointment after our return on Wednesday. Sorry, they can't schedule that far in advance. We suggested that perhaps there was someone in the company that could schedule an appointment more than one week in advance. The rep said she would see what she could do and call us back. That call has not happened. So two months dealing with LG to repair an expensive machine malfunction is still unresolved. We will never buy another LG product. Avoid LG if at all possible!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My wife and I spent a long time researching what kind of washing machine we should get. My wife's parents had an LG front loader and loved it. We decided to buy one based on their recommendation and the number of positive reviews left on a local appliance outlet. We have had it for almost a year now, and have never had any problems. It removes dirt and stains from our clothes so much better than our previous washer. I would definitely recommend an LG front loader to anyone in the market.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Purchased an LG washing machine model #wt4870cw 3 yrs ago and this is the 2nd service call in that span with the same problem. UE (unbalanced load) plus the inside top has rust around the fabric softener cup. Same problem we had 1 1/2 yrs ago!! It will cost us $285 for labor not including parts!! Terrible product and LG won't stand behind its product. Terrible customer service (from the Philippines)!! Will never buy another LG product again, not a TV, dishwasher, heck, not even a toaster!! Terrible product and company.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Never used washer. Had leak in internal hose. LG Authorized serve agency said it was common and part was "cheap material." When I called LG the first words out of agent was "what is your complaint?" I told him we have three homes with LG in each home and this is first problem. I asked to have someone else call higher on ladder and he assured me that he was as high as it gets. I told him it would be our last LG purchase and it did not faze him. Dissatisfied with level of person on LG phone and their attempt to satisfy me was to sell me a service contract. This is my first ever online review of anything.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

For years my Whirlpool washer produced a really bad smell, but customer service denied everything. Finally the front loader flooded my house creating over $50k in damages... We moved on to LG products (EVERYTHING IN THE HOUSE IS LG). Hmmm!!! Stove top, had to be exchanged within days. Fridge in the process of exchanging (full refund after almost 5 yrs). Washer was bad from the very first week but they always denied everything in regards to why it continuously goes out of balance. MY water bill went up 4X because of this "out of balance issue". They refuse to do anything about it, but it's not over!!!

I will continue to post how bad their customer service and appliances are, until they at least replace or repair it... The spin cycle is violent and shakes the house so bad it sounds like it will explode. Customer service did not want to hear it from the very start. Lowe's where we purchased the unit refer me back to LG and LG referred back to Lowe's. Just a game they play to stall everything. Customer service is horrible, they only have one line “Sorry we can’t help with that”. They refuse to accept they have a really bad design and it can cause harm!!! Unless they replace or repair my unit, I will never ever buy another LG product again...

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

W2277 tromm washer - Pay a premium price for an appliance, then buy an extended warranty to cover the problems in the first couple of years (and there were several), then the whole thing needs to be replaced just before year 5. Now you can go shopping again and repeat the whole process over again. Wash-rinse-repeat. Tub bearing, tub, carrier... I can buy new for the repair cost. Got to spend $150 for the bad news. And I have to have the carcass hauled off.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

This machine (LG wt5480cw) has been nothing but trouble. The detergent draw stayed full of water after every load I purchased the extended warranty thru LG coverage until 2019. They sent out a repairman 4 times finally fixed it. Now the tub will not drain completely so I called for repair. This is their customer Julies reply. We have been out there 3 times under the warranty and I have used up the money on those other calls even though they were for the same problem. They kept opening a new claim number (which they should have not done it was the problem). Now we are going to buy out the service contract for $267.00 leaving me out in the cold when I thought I was safe until 2019.

So what is the sense in buying extended warranty if they deduct the service calls from the original price of the washer until it surpasses it purchase price then you're screwed. I could have paid for the service call without their RIP OFF EXTENDED WARRANTY CRAP and been ahead. Now I have $267.00 to replace a $900 washer. Please do not buy the extended warranty or better yet DO NOT BUY ANY LG PRODUCTS.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

My second LG inherited through a relationship and just as bad as mine. These machines are very fussy about everything from water-pressure to drainage. They simply do not clean as well as anything I have owned before. Fluff and lint problems. Various random errors constantly occur and a wash can take hours and hours due to a well-documented LG bug (Google LG Washing Machine balance issues). Just downright bad product.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Do not buy LG washers. They are prone to breakage and the service is horrible. I have a 3 year old top loader (LG WT1101CW) and it is a terrible purchase. Light use (2 loads a week) and this thing starts popping the OE error code and not spinning out. I spent a day and a half researching and following the service manual to try to fix. Why did I not call a service tech? Because LG has none in Minneapolis.

By the way, the whole phone home thing to find out the problem with your equipment, does NOT WORK. I will have to agree with other posters, this unit is disappointing in the cleaning department as well, it will not get out smells let alone dirt. At this point, as near as I can tell, like others this will need a new control board. (Without labor they charge about 20% of the purchase price.) Please save your money and your blood pressure. LG has earned every bad review you will find here.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

LG washer that has made a noise since we got it - We bought a LG washer 11-2016. After 2 repair companies and it being September 2017 it is still not fixed. LG wanted a second opinion and they sent another company. Well they were here yesterday 9-18-2017 and still not fixed. There has been a repairman here at least once a month. Very disappointed. I have even contacted the BBB. Seems like I am getting nowhere. The time I have wasted.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

LG TrueBalance top loading washer - The machine is a headache. It shakes violently, UE is a constant, the area around the bleach portal is rusted and I don't even use bleach! Like the other reviews before me, unless I am sitting by the machine, it takes 3 hours + to do one load of wash. We did call LG and they basically said, "The warranty was up and you are on your own". Miserable piece of machinery... never again.

LG Washing Machines Company Information