LG Washing Machines
1.17/5
Based on 179 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

LG Washing Machines

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

2153 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Does not get enough water. Washes clothes by just getting clothes damp. No extra water in machine (LG Front Load washer). In town mode it will never finish the load and the towels spin forever till I turn it off and take out wet towels. In town mode it shakes and moves in spin mode. LG service guy came and had no idea what he was doing. We are in the mode of getting service people to come out and say yes it spins too much and yes the soap even though we use 3/4 of a teaspoon the soap is too much will not rinse out is cause we get no water in the tub. At most the clothes get damp and never get any pooling water. Really bad buy!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Spending nearly $900 on my LG washing machine was the single biggest waste of hard earned money I’ve ever experienced. This thing is not worth the box it came in. It’s the worst household appliance I’ve ever owned. Since my purchase I’ve read countless reviews saying the exact same thing. It’s not at all unusual to spend between 12 and 36 hrs to actually get a load of clothes washed after continuous malfunctions. We are literally hauling it to the landfill. This machine would be an insult to give to someone else. I will most definitely not ever purchase another LG product. BE WARNED... Do your research and check reviews before wasting your money on any type of LG washing machine. This product doesn’t even deserve 1 star. Customer service is non-existent so don’t waste your time trying to get help, they could literally care less about any problems you might be having.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

2017 FH4U2VCN Front load washing machine - Quite the most unreliable machine I have purchased in 60 years. Constantly stops at the rinse/spin stage with 'uneven load' flagged. After 6 months of this I had LG engineer call and make the usual excuses 'too much load', 'too little load', 'wrong type of mix'. What a load of tosh. To placate me he replaced the motor and housing to what seems no improvement whatsoever. It is now 12 months old and unless it is fixed once and for all it will go back to Currys and legal action will follow.

The machine fails to complete on average three out of every five washes. At this point Currys is not in the picture as servicing has to go through LG's totally abysmal website where they can't even manage to email you that your complaint has been received - just warning you only to sent report once! What the blazes is that about?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Bought the washer all expecting a long lasting machine - 3 years into the proud ownership - the rear tub bearings went bad, I called over 25 people who work on washers. Found 4 that worked on LG, the bearing in the rear of the tub is worn out - don’t sound too bad, can’t get the parts - can’t get the tub rear assy either. So here I sit with a washer ornament in my basement out $2200 in the washer with the stands and no parts are available! This is a ripoff! The company should be made to repair these washers for this money. This is serious funds out. Not to mention the repair to this is $390 for the rear tub assy and the labor of $400. Almost $900 in this washer!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I THOUGHT I did proper research on dependability, etc., but boy was I wrong. After one week of use, the circuit board on the front-load washer went out. I called LG and the (2) reps I spoke with spoke VERY broken English, gave me a case # and told me to call a local appliance service for repair. That service took 10 days to get to my house, looked at it for less than 5 minutes, was rude and asked what we expected him to do as we had the units stacked (appropriately per the manual), said he needed to order a circuit board and would be back in touch. A week later, no word, I called the service facility and they now scheduled for yet another week out - three to four weeks for a repair? We previously had Maytag and Whirlpool front loads, left them at houses we sold, and are sooo sorry we didn't go back - LOVED our previous units, especially the Maytags, and it was local, English-speaking service. RUN AWAY FROM THE LG DISPLAYS...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I received this machine (LG washing machine WM3670HA) in January of 2017, in January of 2018 there was a problem with the motor that drains the machine, the machine would no longer work. I contacted the company, their customer support people really cannot help you and you go in circles with them. Appliance service companies do not want to do LG warranty work. It is February and I still have not had my machine serviced. I have never had a washing machine not work, especially a very expensive machine that I have had for just under a year. I have usually had Kenmore machines in the past and they have worked for many a year. I should not have bought a different brand and definitely should not have bought an LG.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We bought an LG washer because it looked like it had new features that others did not. Boy does it ever. Every complaint I've read I have experienced with this top loader. When washing sheets, at the end of the cycle one sheet is tight over the rest of clothes like a balloon and clothes underneath are so wrinkled I have to rewash to get them out. Areas of clothes are dry, HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN??? The clothes then dont get clean or even smell clean. 48 hours after buying this washer, I used it for the first time. Was so disgusted I called Home Depot about getting a refund. I was told I only had 24 hours to return it, to call LG. I was then told they had the same rules, 24 hours. This is **! Here are my photos.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

This company is a piece of garbage and I will never buy another LG product again. We have had a technician come to our home on at least 3 occasions and that was stressful enough because you are contacting the call center in the Philippines and speaking to people that have no clue, no training and language barrier. Then tech comes to fix and breaks down again...they should have given us a new machine, but they wait long enough till the warranty is gone and then tell us... "Sorry, can't help you." Really! Why don't you executives get the off your asses and spend some of those profits on getting a call centre in your own country and helping the people that supported you by buying product in the first place.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My experience with my 1 yr old LG washing machine is terrible. Clothes, linens, etc. end up waddled in a ball at end of rinse cycle. I can spend another hour listing my anxieties I about this machine. My recommendation to other consumers is: THINK TWICE PLEASE. Worst appliance mistake I have ever made.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

After the first six to ten months of use, I struggled to figure out what I was doing wrong. Very often, the clothing would actually come out smelling worse than when they went in. Lint and dirt particles were left inside the tub, on my clothing and in the laundry basket. This issue increased in degree as the months went by. The LG design places an odd drain tube and plastic filter at the front bottom which requires cleaning periodically. But actually, it is a reservoir for dirty water and also, the filter rarely had much lint or pet hair on it.

I am a senior citizen and I never imagined such a design would even exist. The dirt, lint and pet hair rarely reach the filter and just build up in the washer. I have had to remove the plug, replace it with a clamp and open the drain onto the floor after every load. The instructions want you to get on the floor and find a bowl low enough for gravity to fill it, but not spill it when there's more water than will fit in a typical bowl. The washer needs special cleaning very often and the whole process is utterly ridiculous. I have spoken with customer service and my issue was moved up to the manager, but the company has shown no interest in customer satisfaction at all. Having a Kenmore front loader previous to this is like changing from the best to the worst imaginable.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Bought a new LG top load washer in 2011. It started leaking after a few years then the main board burned up. Smells terrible. Not going to waste any time or money to even attempt to fix it. Hopefully I can find a better brand.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

3 hrs + to finish a normal wash cycle. Soap dispenser not emptying properly. Not enough water in drum to clean clothes. Sometimes the clothes have dry spots on them. (No. The washer isn't crammed full.) Run Run Run away... I had a Maytag front loader when they first came out and I loved it... too bad I left it with the sale of the house.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

As others who have previously reviewed this product/item, I am extremely disappointed in its function during the spin cycle. It never fails that I must attend to the machine during spin cycles to either re-adjust the wash or take everything out and put it all back in in some manner that seems balanced. I've never encountered this problem before with other washing machines. Since the LG television I bought was excellent, I figured the same would apply to their washing machines or any of their products. Was I ever mistaken. I will never buy any of their products unless they make vast improvements. Now I'm at the point where I must buy yet another washing machine. But I will do my homework this time and purchase one that has high performance ratings. And I will certainly tell anyone and everyone who ever discusses washing machines to avoid LG. My final statement and question to the LG corporation is: Do you even care?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This is my second purchase of new top loader, my previous one started developing multiple cracks on the glass lid, purchased a new lid only then this lid started to crack also. I broke down and got a new top loader different company and now this lid is cracked. Purchased a warranty and was told that this cosmetic and not covered. I've done a little research online and understand that this is a design flaw and obviously with many models out there. I've tried to contact LG but sending an email doesn't get submitted, I will try calling but am not expecting any positive results. My question is how can I avoid cracked lids?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

LG "Premium" service - I called LG on my washer that was out of service warranty. The washer had flooded out of the front door seal. They transferred me to the "department" that dealt with out of warranty repairs. They don't mention you are not working with LG even though all correspondence has the LG logo on it. Silly me for thinking I was dealing with a reputable company. The one time service was simply wiping down the seal of the washer that eventually flooded the washroom a second time. I called and they returned with a new seal. Next day it flooded the room again. 2 days out of work and $300 for 2 more floods. I called and requested a refund for poorly executed services. Realizing my downtime out of work and paying for the service paid for a new washer.

I received a reference number and was told I would receive a refund in 6 weeks or so. 2 months now, and 1 hour of calls, I was told that the case was reviewed and my services were delivered as contracted. No calls or notification that a ruling was made. 2 supervisors later today basically told me the same. Next call is to corporate. If you have been taken by Assurant, the number it's 212-859-7000. It's not the $300 but the lack of customer service and QC by this company. DO NOT BUY A CONTRACT FROM THIS COMPANY!! I will never purchase an LG device or appliance if they associate with a company like this.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

LG top load washer WT1201C - This clothing washer has one major flaw. If working properly it automatically balances the load. If it detects that the load is not balanced it will automatically rebalance it before completing the cycle. However, it frequently is unable to do this, requiring the operator to remove all the items and replace them in the washer. This often happens more than once during the cycle. If you are not constantly monitoring its operation you may check after the amount of time for the load has elapsed to find that it never completed its cycle. I would not recommend this product for this reason. I would never buy this again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I purchased the washer and dryer because I had had good experience with my LG television. To my total surprise, these two products are absolutely the worst pieces of junk I have ever experienced. What I would give to have my old washer and dryer back. The water level does not half cover the clothes and they come out almost as dirty as they go in. I turn the ** thing on and off until the water level at least cover the clothes. I'm not sure what goes with the dryer but the clothes come out stinking and I keep turning the dryer back on thinking they are not getting dry enough and are mildewing. I've tried everything I can think of and used so many different products to try to get a better result, but nothing works. I hate my LG products.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I must agree with the reviews I've read on this site. I purchased my LG washer and dryer in June of 2016. If the fact that it takes forever to clean my laundry which doesn't come out clean, it produces a terrible smell! At the floor level there is a drain and filter which instructions advise to clean monthly. It is hard for me, at 70 yo, to get down on the floor on my belly to clean this contraption, but it must be done. Draining the nasty water from this little hose (about the size of a pencil) is more than a notion. I agree with many others that for what I paid for this machine, I should have gotten a better product. I will never purchase another appliance with the LG label. Any others have experience with this smelly filtration system???

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I purchased a new LG top load washer from Home Depot 2 years ago and it has been a nightmare ever since. It cost $899 and I thought it was going to last at least 10 years, my other machine lasted 20 years. The unbalanced code happens on every wash, even with a few pieces of clothes in the machine, each load takes over 1 hour, even the quick load cycle of 35 mins, what is wrong with that picture??? LG service is of no assistance at all and does not know as much as the average consumer!!!

Repairman says and I quote: "give the machine to me and I can dispose of it for you", WHAT??? I promise one thing I will never, ever purchase any product from LG in my life. I now have to junk a 2 year old LG machine and get a $300 machine. So thanks to LG: add 899+300=$1199, for ONE washing machine that works! I feel so bad for all of us owning THESE PRODUCTS. Someone should be contacting us ASAP to take these LG machines back and give us a FULL REFUND to get a washing machine of our choice, THAT WORKS!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We recently purchased the LG front loading washing machine. After three months it flooded our floor. We spent thousands of dollars in water removal. Upon looking online we saw that many other LG customers had the same problem with this washer. LG customer support was horrid, rude and of no help at all. They could hardly care less about their customers. After being on hold for hours I was told that someone would contact us in 5 business days. We are basically out thousands of dollars and will just recycle the machine as we don't want to sell it and have this happen to someone else. It is essentially unworkable and still under warranty. Go figure... My score on this washer is a -5.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I purchased the LG Balance Top Loader from Home Depot June 2017. Recently, Dec 2, 2017 the machine shows an error code and in the tub of the washer the balancer has parted and is no longer connected/attached to the machine. I called LG and Home Depot at least 15 times each just to get someone out here to take a look at the issue but I keep getting the run around. It's now January 3, 2018, I still haven't received a phone call nor have I seen a technician. It sucks because I've purchased a 5yr. Extended warranty with Home Depot and it's like money thrown down the drain. The machine is garbage. It takes hours just to wash 1 load. It was making a loud sound from the beginning that I had to report. I would never buy a product of LG again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Every time I use my LG Wave Force supposedly “self balancing” washing machine it takes multiple hours to finish one load unless I am constantly readjusting the clothes to keep it balanced evenly. It doesn’t seem to matter if the load is big, medium or small in size. The result is still the same. The clothes do not seem to come out clean and the machine takes forever to finish a load. I spent a lot more than I had expected for this washing machine because of the great reviews that I read about it and have been highly dissatisfied since I purchased this piece of junk. I will never buy an LG washing machine ever again and I am writing this review to help others save their money to put towards their hard earned money towards a washing machine that’s well worth the big purchase. Clearly this one was a huge purchasing mistake. I HATE this machine!!!

As if doing laundry wasn’t enough of a chore, babysitting this machine and CONSTANTLY readjusting the clothes is a busy woman’s nightmare!!! I’ve talked to many people and the consensus is the people love their washer if they purchased a Speed Queen. I’ll be looking into that type of washer soon. I would’ve thrown the LG washer out my second floor window by now if I could!!

Resolution response: Jan. 2, 2018

Found incompatible the LG circuitry with Watts Intelliflow. Once the Intelliflow removed and plumbed directly to inlet valves, problems resolved. The issue: Intelliflow solenoid shutting off the water supply due to intermittent signals from the LG Washer. The Watts Intelliflow Trouble Shooting Guide warns of circuit incompatibility. Believe the clothes not getting clean issue also resolved. Two-loads completed without incident. Live and learn.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Purchased online from Home Depot in May 23, 2016, Model WM3170CW. Clothes never really clean. 2-months beyond the 1-year warranty the IE error would appear at 56-minutes during the Cotton wash cycle. The cycle stops and error alarm sounds. LG customer service and online videos guide to check the following: kinked inlet hoses; low water pressure, clogged inlet filters (they don't tell you there are two sets of filters for hot and cold inlet lines). Found slight kink in hot water inlet hose. Cleans debris from filters, all 4 sets and IE problem persisted.

I do not own a multi-meter to check electrical systems $95. Replaced cold water inlet valve $36, hot water inlet valve $14, and water pressure sensor $20. All very easy repairs as shown by video online. IE Problem persists. Customer service advises to use extra water setting, which adds 15 minutes to the cycle. Why pay an appliance repairman $100+ for a problem they can't fix. Seems like a software upgrade needed. I appreciate everyone's earlier inputs. Usually, online videos guide to a simple fix. LG is an exception. So much for high ratings by Consumer Reports. Unhappy with LG in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

This is the worst washing machine I have ever purchased. It takes forever to get a load of wash done and there are spots on the clothes when finished. It doesn't use enough water to even cover the clothes. For more water, you have to set it on Extra Load, and then it takes 3 hours to wash! The programs for selection are awful and limited. For this machine to cost so much, I thought it would be top notch. WRONG. My next machine will be a trusted GE. I had a GE washer for over 10 years that washed clothes very well. This LG washer is terrible and I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on it. It looks pretty, but it doesn't wash well. Ultimately very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I have raised a complaint on my recently bought LG washing machine direct drive on 24th December. LG service had come on 26th and said the panel has to be replaced and they have to get the panel from Cochin. Next day I called them due to lack of response and they said it has to arrive from Noida. Today we called and they said that part is no longer available. I trusted LG and purchased this product. Now I regret it. I suggest if LG has no commitment at making quality products then give me a temporary washing machine until the repair is over. I had a useless customer care experience. Only fake promises and nothing else. I have had same experiences with LG Refrigerator and Microwave oven which too have repair issues. I quit LG.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Washing machine top load 5cub - Never seen such a terrible machine, better off dumping this and pulling the old one out of the dump, my clothes are not clean, it doesn’t get any dog hair or lint out of the clothes and have to wash 1-3 things at a time to get my nice clothes a little presentable. Remember this is the large capacity washing 3 things to become partially, not, clean!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

When I purchased my LG Washer I was so excited! I researched washers and chose this particular company because I read reviews that discussed the quality & quantity capabilities of this particular brand. I spent more than I had planned on this purchase because I wanted a quality washer. I loved this washer, it was the one thing in the house that I told my family I truly enjoyed using. I recommended it to my friends who were looking to purchase a new washer... It was the best appliance I had EVER owned...

THEN IT HAPPENED! The intake valve on the washer messed up and needed repair. That was okay, everything has to have maintenance. So I called MULTIPLE appliance repair shops (11 to be exact), and was told time after time, "Ma'am we don't work on LG appliances, it is impossible to get parts for them." So I called Lowe's (where I had purchased the appliance), they no longer take care of parts but instead give you the number of the place to order parts for the products they sale. My husband called the number, ordered the part (which he paid for so it could be shipped to our door)... He was told the part would arrive in 7-10 days. We watch a video on how to install the part and wait for it to arrive... That was in OCTOBER!!! Todays date is December 27!!!

After two weeks we called and was told it was on back order but should arrive in another two weeks. Second call was told it was still on back order may be two more weeks. Today when we called we were told the part can be found NOWHERE IN THE USA. He said they were trying to get one from Korea, and would try to let us know something in the next 24 hours about how many more weeks it would be... Listen, I am generally a calm patient person, I grew up in a house with 14 people, I understand waiting your turn. However, I also own a company and I know that your product is only as good as your customer service & support! It doesn't matter how great the product is... If you cannot repair it when it is broken... IT IS JUNK!

I will NEVER buy a LG Product again... NEVER! I am trying to save someone else from the same heartache of walking past a brilliant, expensive product on your way out the door to the laundry mat. If you are part of the LG team please learn from this review... You have a great product, but unless you improve your customer service, and parts availability... You will not last long. I will most likely have to purchase another washer, and move forward from this mess. IT WILL NOT BE AN LG APPLIANCE.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Terrible experience with this washer and LG who would not pay for service even under warranty. If you buy this self-balancing washer, expect to remain nearby to redistribute any load that contains at least one towel, one pair of jeans or one terry cloth robe until the load is done.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I purchased my LG top loader from Home Depot in 2014. It's been a nightmare. Laundry has become horrible. The load is never balanced. It fills and drains all day trying to balance itself. Even with my help it's not happy. I can't imagine what balance it expects. I hate it!! I've called with no help and live in an area where there is no service available. I will never buy LG or believe what I read in consumer reports. It was the top recommend. After reading the reviews, I see it's not just me. Why do companies think it's ok to take people's hard earned money for crap that doesn't work like it should?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

LG direct drive top load - This machine makes me wish I bought the $300 basic Whirlpool. Every load gets UE code. It’s loud. Uses a lot of water. Ends up taking all day to get laundry done. Is it even worth fixing the constant unbalancing?

LG Washing Machines Company Information

LG TV
    1958
    Korea Sout
    www.lg.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use