LG Washing Machines
1.14/5

Need a washer and dryer?

LG Washing Machines Reviews

2224 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We just got this machine in last Friday. After doing a few loads over the weekend, I was wondering if there was something wrong. The black control panel is very hard to read! It has gray lettering on a black background. I called LG to see if there was a backlight that wasn't working, and was told that there is no backlight. Seems to me that LG has mad a very basic design error with the panel. It should have white lettering, as do most other machines with this type of panel. I actually made myself a vinyl overlay with white lettering to make it more usable for myself. Something that LG needs to address ASAP!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I like many how have already posted immeasurable frustration with their LG Washer. My washer does the error code and runs forever like many other customers. I have not contacted LG yet, but it is clear that I will never buy another LG product. It is sad to spend this much money on a product that causes so many consumers frustration. Just for fun I now time how long it takes to wash a load of clothes, not to mention how much water is used.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The pedestal washer catches fabrics and causes damage. The front load washer is loud - with just 5 t-shirts and 1 beach towel seem to stress the machine. When the cycle gets to rinse/spin it produces loud thuds and disturbing noise. The dryer drum is bent, or warped, it has a raised hard plastic that hooks and drags clothing items while the machine is in dry cycle thereby causing threads to pull away from the garments. It has only been 6 months since purchasing the washer and dryer and the extensive damage is deeply disturbing and unacceptable. Meanwhile the company we purchased from is making every effort to avoid responsibility/accountability or remedial action.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a top load LG washer. I purchased the extended warranty for a total of 3 years. After 3 years and 2 months started having problems. The washer would be out of balance on every use. The only thing I could do is unplug and start over every load. Finally started doing some research online and found my model had two known problems. The balancing rods are not strong enough and circuit board problems. Paid over $700 for the washer. When I called LG even though it is a known production and design problem caused by them, they said I would have to pay for a service call and parts. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING LG.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought a home last year which came with the LG TruBalance top load washer. I began having issues immediately with the “UE” code. It did not matter how large or small the load was, this code would come up every time I used the machine. I was constantly having to babysit the machine, re-distributing the clothes over & over again just to finally get one load done, taking close to 2 hours sometimes longer just to do one load. A lot of times I could see dry spots on the clothing, or I could see that the clothing was not clean.

I had a repairman come who told me the issue was the computer software & that it would be better for me to replace this part rather than buying a whole new machine. I purchased the part & for a month I had no issues. Then the machine began to leak water from underneath, soaking my floor & also my dryer. Also, the dreaded “UE” code made a comeback, causing the machine to continue to refill with water repeatedly, start to spin, then flash the error code. I am so fed up with this machine that I have ordered a new Whirlpool with agitator just like I used to have. This LG is by far the worst machine I have ever owned, & I will not be buying any other LG appliances in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

It is ridiculous to have to dry the washer out each time it is used. The door is hard to open and so low to the ground I have injured my back. You have to clean out the little holes at the bottom of the gray piece. It holds lint. The dryer door is very hard to open. We took the light bulb out so I only have to open the door when dryer has been used. The washer and dryer doors are always open to permit me from having to lean over and pull the doors open. I have had back surgery since we got the washer and dryer and I was fine before the purchase. I will never buy an appliance from LG again!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I purchased a front loading LG washer dryer combo with pedestals (Model WM3670HWA) at Lowe's with extended coverage in late 2016. Multiple issues. Mainly UE ERROR CODE most all the time. It's not overfilled or a small load. Continued get worse. There is NO SPIN ONLY OPTION so the washer will wash forever, hours trying to spin out. At times I will have to set it through 5 or 6 other cycles till maybe finally spin out. This is insane. Clothes seem dingy, washer dispenser not completely emptying. Some water from leak at one corner at times. You can wash one load for hours. Using water and electricity. Service coming again. Not sure if its barrings or computer board on the UE error, other issues unknown. Don't waste your money on LG. Had hard time with service. Any finding anyone knows anything.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

After buying a new LG front load washer from Home Depot it started having an extreme vibration issue. We have been calling, no less than 30 times over the course of 3 months. They have not been able to provide a service person to repair it. As of today I was hung up on twice, an told that since the machine is now out of warranty to call Home Depot. Really, we spend 3 months working with you, providing you with a service provider in our area and now this. Never again will I buy anything with the LG name attached to it. I spoke to Sherry and Jessica in the executive services dept, very rude, one actually hung up on.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Bought a LG washer. It leaked. I have 2 different warranties. One with LG and one with Leon's. Nobody wants to replace this machine. It is not even a year old. My insurance company has even said not my fault and paid me for floor damages to the amount of $8314.48 plus my $1,000 deductible. But I still have a broken machine. Never buy LG or shop at Leon's furniture. Their warranty cost me an extra $199.95 on top of the machine's cost. Tell me what good is warranty if nobody stands by it.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had a regular Kenmore washer that broke down twice in 25 years. The first time was when the coupling wore out but my husband replaced it and it worked for several more years. The second time it broke down was when the water would not wring out. My husband and I removed all the water and leaned it on its side. Black stuff puffed out and then it was gone. It was a sad day because we could not find anyone to repair it. I go to Home Depot where I experienced one problem after the other with the GE G154 washer but to keep me as a customer, they practically gave me the choice of their most expensive washers. Sadly, I settled on the LG WT1101CW washer and have had nothing but problems. With my old Kenmore washer, I did not purchase an extended warranty but with this LG, I thank God everyday that I did.

I purchased it January 10, 2014 and called for service August 5, 2015, August 17, 2015 and February 23, 2018; each time for balancing issues. At one point, it seemed as though it was non-repairable but somehow the repair person was able to get it to work again. During one of the service calls, the repair person tried to keep the lid from malfunctioning but as of Friday, September 14, 2018, the lid would not stop repeatedly clicking. To get through with my wash, my husband unplugged it and left it unplugged until today. Today, I was able to finish washing but this is ridiculous, as I should not have to keep unplugging it just to get it to work. The plus side, it cleans the clothes very well - when it is working. The con is you never know when it will work and for how long. Additionally, the con is it takes time from your schedule to continuously call repair people and in the meantime, your house is out of order and unorganized.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I bought this very top of the line energy efficient LG washer and dryer for over $2,500. I wanted to be environmentally considerate. But now I have to wash my cloth 2 or 3 times to get them clean. The washer does not allow enough water to the cloth to get them even fully wet. The sports clothes of my teenager still smells bad after 2 wash. When I called the company they send out a technician that did literally nothing but read the error codes to someone over the phone and then told me that the machines are not meant to give water to get the cloth soaked and hence my cloth cannot get clean!

If it bothers me that much I should consider buying a top loader that will allow enough water to get into machine to actually wash my cloth. I don't even want to start talking about the washer bouncing around and not getting balanced. I had someone 3 times here to try to balance the machine so it does not make all this noise but then was told that my floor is not leveled and this is the best they can do. This is the worst machine ever and I feel I was ripped off! NEVER again a LG in my house!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

We have had this machine for perhaps 2 years. I dislike that you cannot wash a very small load or ER, cannot add water first, and over the last many months have been constantly getting WE flags. Loads are now taking 2 to 3 hours to do if I don't stand by and monitor. I have tried all the simple fixes but today was the last straw. One set of king sheets, 4 pillow cases and 2 hand towels 6 ER flags so far 2:10 minutes, switched over to just spin after machine shut down and still got 2 ER flags. This machine does not clean any better than the past machines I've had without all the bells and whistles. I would take back my old Roper machine that ran for 16 years up to the time I sold my home and never broke once. In fact that is what I'll be doing in the near future back to a machine with no bells and whistles. LG I am sooo disappointed in this product.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We bought an LG washer one year ago. It started showing an error code last month. I called them, and the code is "undiagnosable". For more than 4 weeks, I have been fighting the customer service department, including the team in Philippines and USA. They have absolutely zero empathy and concern for the customer. They have not been able to get my issue fixed at all. And now I am fighting with them about replacement. They seem to have a 1000 different departments for everything, and seem to be extremely poor at coordinating. Also, everything that they tell you...is pretty much a lie!! They go back on it all the time. USA team seems to be even more horrible than the Philippines team!! SO, if your appliance goes bad, you should be ready for a fight and harassment. Not to mention, take a few days/weeks off, apply for FMLA!!! You will need all your day and your emotional and mental energy to get through this.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Bought the LG washer from Lowe's and for a few days it worked OK. It then started to vibrate across the floor in our laundry room. We called LG and they sent out a repairman and "repaired" the washer. It worked for about two loads and then vibrated again. Two different companies came out 4 more times to "repair" it over the next 3 months. None of those times did they fix the unit. After the 5th time the washer vibrated and flooded out laundry room. We called up LG again and they said they would issue a full refund.

The next day we went out and bought a Maytag washer with zero issue so far. To get the refund LG gave us a case number and a link to upload our proof of purchase. After not hearing from them for a month we called them up and said they have no record of them saying we would get a refund. Their customer service is a joke. They claim they have no record of 3 of the repairs and no record of saying they would refund the money for a lemon washer. I will never buy an LG product ever again and will let all my friend know that they should stay away also. We are out $800 for a washer that never worked from day one.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I, too cleaned it the way the manufacturer said... Smell still there... Bought the cleaner. It said for very bad smell use the clean cycle, with the special cleaner. I got 1 load without a smell, next load the smell is so bad I light candles in the room. I’ve even used the extra rinse hoping to push the water out of the machine...and I waited 2 months for this machine because I wanted the granite color. Don’t understand. First full year no problem. Now it’s terrible. Don’t know what to do. My husband & I are retired & don’t generate much laundry so this is VERY annoying???

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We purchased brand new LG washer and dryer. After install on the very first wash cycle I heard an unusual sound only to find water pouring over our entire newly remodeled laundry room. The washer had a cracked hose in the internal compartment. We have spent many hours and many attempts to resolve this issue with LG. They have been very difficult to work with. Service people do not want to repair their machines so we are on week three with no ability to wash clothes after purchase of a new washer. LG has refused to replace the machine even though it was defective from the start. Save your time and especially money and DO NOT purchase from LG!!! I could not say it enough. They should not be in business as they do not know how to manage issues after purchase. Furthermore, they do not have a product worth purchasing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

LG refused to acknowledge that major repairs 15 months after purchase of a washing machine is a problem. They had no interest in helping me after calling the company. Water leaked out of multiple cracks in the drainage tubing and flooded my floor. The repairman said LG often has many quality problems and highly recommended to never buy any LG products as the company does not stand behind them. I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

New 2018 LG set top load stacked set - $2500. Washer shakes at spin & dryer shakes because of it. There is something metal in the dryer slamming against metal when all of this occurs. LG won’t fix this — under warranty!!! This repair takes 2 hours - they want me to pay for this flaw. To top it off our clothes smell like a moldy wet dog - from a few months of owning I can smell my husband's “clean” t-shirt across the room. Oh yeah add vinegar, bleach, leave door open, drain the drain, buy expensive tablets to clean every week, run a clean cycle - and use tons of water doing that. Save water? Not now. LG you need to step up your repair game & fix these things.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Worst washing machine I have ever owned. This machine does not clean your clothes. It was expensive too. The company isn't any help. Don't waste your money or time on this machine. I wish I would have read these reviews before I bought.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

First review I have ever written but due to the inferior product this company has produced I feel it is absolutely necessary. We purchased this LG Top Loading Washer Model WT5070CW in Sept. 2014 after losing our Kenmore in a house fire. This machine sprung a leak and flooded our house wrecking our new engineered floor. The 5 yr. extended warranty was purchased but that only helps with the repair bill. Home Depot tried to go to bat for us to get our insurance deductible back but no luck. When the repairman came out he said it was one cap that had come unglued and per a call to his superiors he was told to simply glue the cap back on. This was their big fix.

First of all, why in the world is there only a glued on cap between the consumer and another very expensive flooded floor repair?! When the insurance company tried to work with them they said they doubted that is even what caused the problem... Really! I'm taking this lousy company to small claims but doubt it will do any good. I think what caused the cap to come off is the amount of shaking and rattling this washer goes through during spin cycles! Like all stated before me, don't buy any of their products - absolute garbage! And shame on Home Depot and other companies for continuing to sell their sub-par products!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Tried to arrange a service call for an LG washer that's four days (how convenient for LG) out of warranty. Tried for two hours to get through, but only received message that they were experiencing higher than usual call volume and to try to call back later. DO NOT call their customer service unless you have all day to try to get through.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I wrote a review maybe a year ago... same problem everyone had with the unbalanced load of the LG washer and no credible response by LG except... go pay a repairman to fix it. I read about 2 possible home-made cures... and one really works. Take an old throw-away bathroom hand towel, and fold it over and over to get it to a point where it can barely... BARELY... get wedged with all your might on top of the drum/cylinder in your washing machine and under the metal frame above it. I really struggled to get it in there... That is how tight it must be. Now do another towel... same way, for the opposite side of the machine. One towel is at (say) 9 o'clock and the other is at 3 o'clock. And don't worry that maybe 2+/-" of the towel hangs out over the inner portion of the tub... there should be an equal portion hidden out of sight to the other side of the top of the drum.

This way the towel can move a bit during a cycle and yet basically enough stays in place to absolutely keep the drum from rotating out of balance. That's it. While the towels might move a bit during a washing cycle and end up at 11 and 5 on the imaginary clock, as long as they are opposite each other, they work. Just check them after each cycle... Are they tight? Do they need to be re-wedged in there?

To help further, I have run the spin cycle only as high as medium. My first few cycles showed me that the towels were not wedged tightly enough in the opening, so be ready to re-do this part a couple of times until you realize how hard you have to work to get those two towels wedged into place so tightly that maybe there is not even room to push a quarter in above the towel. Be careful of your fingers as you do this... That is how tight I wedged these towels in!!! See photo. I have run maybe 20 loads since this cure was found online... and I have no more "UE" messages. I used to get a "UE" message every time I ran the machine!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I have a top loading LG TruBalance (ha!) Direct Drive. This is my second machine after replacing the first one with the same problem of unbalanced loads. It takes all day to complete a load because it gets out of balance during the spin cycle... comes up with a UE error code. It tries to refill to balance the load then repeats the same problem. I have read many other reviews that describe the same problem. LG is of no help. I will never buy another LG washing machine and would not recommend this product to anyone.

Original review: July 20, 2018

LG WM3670HWA - Bought a new washer ($650) and installed in May 2017. Recently experienced squeaking noises during the spin cycle. Called LG. They sent out a technician to look at the machine. LG charged me $125 for the service call. The tech said that the rear bearing was defective. The cost to fix was estimated to be $500. However, the technician told me that LG discontinued the parts needed to fix the washer, so he couldn't fix it even if he wanted to. So I spent $650 on a washer and another $125 on a service call, to find out that a 14 month old washer is junk and cannot be repaired.

I called LG to try and resolve the issue. They refused to do anything AT ALL. I wasn't asking for a new washer or anything like that. I requested that they at least waive the $125 service call, since the washer couldn't be fixed. They refused to waive the service fee and gave me no concession on anything. It was really great at the end of the call to hear, "Have a wonderful day!" Seriously!!?? I never write reviews, but had to vent on this one. My bad for not buying an extended warranty, but they're bad for not even stocking parts to fix their lousy products. I will never buy an LG product again. I feel completely ripped off.

Original review: July 18, 2018

This LG WM357 OHVA Front Loading Washer is a lemon. Needed repair after approx. 6 months. Weights cracked on drum. Bounced all over the room. Fixed on warranty and broke again within the week. We've been without a washer since March (five months now) waiting for warranty support to fix it for real or get us a new machine. Very disappointed with the warranty coverage and timeliness of the fix. Choose a different brand.

Original review: July 18, 2018

At 6 months old our top load highest model LG washing machine we purchased at Lowe's has had problems. We are now in year 3 and have not had it fixed yet. Lowe's, LG, and the Steel City Appliance in Sault Ste Marie, On are all useless. The appliance repair company has been to inspect washer, ordered wrong part, never shown up on 3 appointments, then quit doing LG repairs. Call LG. They say they will send someone from Sudbury 150 miles away, they say, "We don't come that far." What a joke. We are at wit's end. Don't buy LG.

Original review: July 8, 2018

Bought an LG washer under the Kenmore brand, which worked beautifully until the warranty expired. Now it repeatedly shuts off before rinse cycle and also shuts off on spin cycle. Planned obsolescence. Was the most expensive on the market at the time. Waste of money.

Original review: July 2, 2018

LG Washer/Dryer unit. Noticed water on floor, thought it was the washer. Repairman identified water coming from dryer. He was not able to fix the problem. Might add, we've passed the one yr. warranty and didn't purchase an extended warranty thinking back over 50 yrs of never having to call a W/D repair person. After some personal research discovered the water drain was not connected to the proper reservoir. Never saw a drop of water in the prescribed reservoir which means it was never properly installed at the factory or whatever reason LG can figure who to blame. They've given me some repair phone #'s. None service our area. Discovered that they have a very narrow presence for repair people. This is a BUYER BEWARE of LG. No service, poor and rude customer service and a phone number with a broken answering string.

In the meantime, LG has a duty and a responsibility to mitigate all damages and the Consumer Affairs Division of the State of California needs to look into a company that sells their products without providing a reasonable method of getting repair service. Their star deserves a huge Zero. I bought both items at Home Depot and they could not give me a repair person for LG. Right now we're stuck with having an expensive dryer that doesn't work. Carting a basket of wet laundry to dry outside is a huge inconvenience for an 80 yr. old.

Original review: July 1, 2018

The washer wash plate flew off & dented the tub. Repair was dispatched fairly quickly. Replaced wash plate. We were told that the tub would be on backorder until July. How can it take over a month to get the most important piece of equipment for a washing machine? Repairman calls back over a week ago and asks if we would take compensation from LG in lieu of the part. The part will be on backorder longer than anticipated. He told me that LG would be calling. I contacted him recently to let him know that I’ve received no call. His comment was “Really?” Then he laughed!!! Told me he’d speak with his supervisor. This is very disappointing. The sales clerk at Lowe’s raved about their product.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I want to tell you about the major issue and health problem with the top loading washer. I have been getting mold in my washer and on my clothes EVERY time I do a load of wash. This has been going on for months and it isn't going away. I run the clean cycle every few weeks hoping to keep the tub clean but it doesn't work. I've run the clean cycle using a quart of bleach and then again using a quart of vinegar. The tub never drains properly and that is what is causing the mold. This is ridiculous and is a major health issue!!! I've reported this to Consumer Affairs as well. This thing should be replaced immediately!!!

LG Washing Machines Company Information