LG Washing Machines Reviews

LG Washing Machines
Shop on Appliances Connection
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.49/5

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Washing Machines Reviews Shop on Appliances Connection

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love my LG washer. It’s self-adjustment for water levels based on load is a water saver. However, the ability to increase the water level manually if wanting a greater rinse still gives me control over my laundry. With its many available washing options, one doesn’t have to “think” each time a load Is added; if I’m washing towels, I just choose the “Towel” option and the machine does the rest. My spin cycle is extremely effective, making the drying time a minimal. Last, the size of the tub is large enough for a thin blanket. This is nice when needing to wash stored bed coverings prior to winter use. The only con I might have is getting the message “uneven load” and of acing to stop the machine and adjust the wet items. This usually happens if I have a mix load of unlike weights.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I bought this set because I liked the look of the stainless steel with a clear coat on top. Unfortunately after 3 years the finish on top of the washer didn’t hold up and had many marks and streaks which is weird because the finish doesn't seem scratched—just has discolorations. There is one setting, Sports wear, that has no features associated with it which seems like a bug. You choose it, and there are zero settings. No temp, speed, spin etc. They are just blank. I do wish I could add the fabric softener setting for every type of wash, but it's not available on several. Otherwise it seems to do a good job and has great capacity.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Very reliable front loader. Bought to replace another machine of similar size; size being first determinate, because of basement entryway requirements. Secondly, I had previously read print and online reviews, as well as heard some personal testimonies of the reliability of the brand. Some unique features of this machine are the touch screen controls, direct drive drum and the quiet operation with the lilting tune at end of wash. This machine is Wifi capable, but I haven't availed myself of this feature. It is also able to pause the machine anytime and resume without resetting the controls. My clothes get real clean and the cycles are not overly long. Compared to a top loader this machine is also a water miser, HE detergents are advised.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We decided to replace our stacking washer/dryer with a new front loading combo. While there are more features than you can shake a stick at, there is a nice electronic tune that plays at the end of a wash and the wash seems very efficient, the dryer is less performant. The standard dry cycle seems to take 6 hours and even though there is an option to dry for less, anything under 2 hours and the clothes are still wet. I'm still happy overall with the purchase - I like the easy-fill detergent/softener drawer, the build quality of the whole appliance and the large drum to hold the clothes so I would definitely recommend it to others.

Original review: May 12, 2020

My LG washer dryer combo, stackable, is nothing short of fantastic. It uses a small amount of water to do a really good job of cleaning my clothing. Not only every day clothing, towels, sheets, blankets and jackets. The machine is extremely quiet and has many features that allow me to tailor the machine to what I am washing. I have never owned a front loading machine before and this one has served me extremely well for the last 15 months. I always leave the door open and I’ve never had any kind of an odor issue. I have read where some times washers will develop that even when the door is left open. That has not been a problem and I do not anticipate it will be a problem. I expect my LG is still going to be serving me well in another 10 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 22, 2020

We had bought a washer/dryer combo LG top load machine through Costco and within 3 months the washer would not turn on. It was working fine one day and the next it lost all power. As advised we reset our breaker and reset the outlet, both were working fine. Called LG on 6/13 regarding the issue and was told within 3 business days they should have a technician out to fix the machine. We waited patiently till the 18th, spent about 10hrs between costco and LG customer service, to be told that the service was cancelled by LG. They put another ticket in and asked us to wait again for another service provider to come out. Waited again till the 22nd, still no communication of an appointment day/time, and called LG customer service to be told earliest appointment may be the 30th.

My wife is a healthcare worker, and her laundry is piled up in the garage for the past 2 weeks and she is running out of clothes!! When we explained our situation to LG customer service supervisor Sarah, my wife was told there is nothing they could do. That we had to wait. When we asked to speak to someone above her, I was told there is no one above her she is the highest person I could talk to! We asked for a replacement since the machine was just bought on March 10, and was told by Sarah that we needed to go through Costco for a replacement. So we called costco who in turn says it must be done through LG. NEVER BUY LG PRODUCT!! All you will get is a run around on a new product not even 3 months old!!

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Bhaumik. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 21, 2020

Like many of the other reviews I have issues with constant unbalanced load errors even when the washer is a 1/3 full. Have never successfully completed a bedding wash cycle. Takes 3.5 hours per load. Bought a LG glass top range previously and also had a bad experience. Should have known better than to buy an LG product again. My bad.

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Shawn. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 5, 2020

Update on 06/11/2020: It is now June 11th and there still is no resolve even though my original review states there is a resolution in process. It is true that LG reached out to me as shown below however, I responded to them and I have heard nothing back. As far as I'm concerned, this "reaching out" with a form e-mail is just more of the same. If I could give LG zero stars I would.

Original Review: I have a top of the line washer that is still under warranty that will not run. I called LG on 5/30 and it was determined by them someone needed to come to my home. I was assigned to a second rate 'authorized agent' that operates out of his home. I called this agent on 6/2 because I never heard from them during the 24-48 business hour time frame. (It was at this point that I did some research on who they were and found bad reviews for them.)

To make a very long story short I was promised on 6/2 that a reputable company I found would be assigned to me and it would be 24-48 hours before I'd hear. I found this company on LG's website as an authorized service agent and when I called them directly, they informed me they were available to come out the next day if LG would assign it to them. As I said, LG promised this would be done.

When I heard nothing, I called them once again on 6/4. I spoke with a very nice rep (her name was Jess) who transferred me to 'executive services' and I was told by that lady that the company I requested had 'no availability'. I informed her that I had been told they would be able to come out the following day if LG would assign it to them and this is what was supposed to be being done. When I asked her to hold for a minute, I placed a call to the company I requested and as I began leaving a message as to what I had been told by LG, the LG executive services lady hung up on me. She was able to hear me leaving this message as I was using a separate phone line. So, this morning I called the authorized agent and told them what I had been told (that they had no availability) and I was told that simply was not true.

So, I called LG back and this time I was told by the 'authorized agent' I spoke with didn't have an "open contract" with them and they couldn't be assigned to me. Finally, the truth! In other words, they didn't have a negotiated rate with LG, much like it is with HMO Insurance. At any rate, he contacted the authorized to see if they would agree to make my repair with just an order # and they agreed they would, however, LG has to send them the amount they are willing to pay and if the authorized agent agrees to it they will do the repair and if not, we are back to square one. So, they have till Monday (6/8) to get back with me however, they will only be contacting me if it's 'a go'. If not, I have to call them back and start all over.

I have a feeling I will be calling them back to start at square one. LIFE certainly isn't GOOD! I purchased this machine based on Consumer Reports testing and we were just about to buy an LG Smart TV and soundbar because they also have a very high rating. But there is no way we are going to based solely on the fact that they have horrible customer service!

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Kathy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 31, 2020

I cannot believe this machine is rusting out- even washing machine I had 25 years ago didn’t do this - right where you add detergent. Wish I could upload photos - but I cannot. I have had nothing but horrible luck with their washing machine from start. It's sad nothing is made in USA anymore.

LG Washing Machines response

Hello Sanjiv. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: May 24, 2020

My LG washer is one without an agitator. It is a water saver and I like that feature a lot; however, there is no way to accomplish a soak cycle. Other than that, I like everything about the washer.

LG Washing Machines Company Information