LG Washing Machines
1.18/5
Based on 158 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

LG Washing Machines Reviews

2191 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

The machine only lasted 2 years, the LG engineers came to look at it and couldn't fix it and on top of everything I had to pay for the engineers to come and have a look at it. Definitely not the quality you expect from a £1000 machine, will never buy an LG product again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

LG (Life is NOT good) Front Load Washer - WMM3670HWA. The first 2 sets they tried to deliver were damaged. I waited about 10 weeks to finally take delivery of the washer and dryer in October 2017 and put them into service in November 2017. I'll never buy LG again. 100% piece of crap and all LG wants to do is send someone out to repair it but they never really repair anything. The clothes never really get clean... When I use the speed cycle, it consistently gets stuck at 7 minutes and never spins out and it will sometimes time-out but more than likely I have to hit the power button to shut it off.

The regular cycle will get stuck at 4 or 6 minutes and then after 30 minutes it will jump to 11 minutes and then 2 to 4 and then 11 minutes and do it again and again. I have had 3 service appointments. The 1st tech assessed it and talked to the factory and agreed to replace the motherboard, so he came back out to replace the motherboard. The next day it started doing it again. The 2nd/3rd service was a Factory LG tech who had a motherboard and control panel shipped to the house prior to his appointment without talking to us or coming out. The machine is still doing it. I was told by support it was because I use too much soap, I use their lines of how full to fill the soap!?!?

I was told by their out of the US support team I would have to pay for the next service call. I was promised 3 call backs and never got them and then had the supervisor of the Alabama Tech Team hang up on me when I asked him if he would pay for my time off of work, water bill, electricity bill and extra time trying to get someone to fix this piece of JUNK!! I was told I have to have another tech come out and look at it again. I have to run a load of laundry and cross my fingers I hear the chime that says it is done. I have to run a load 4 to 5 times before it will finish a wash cycle 1 time. He told me nothing proves is it is a piece of junk and they are following the warranty. I told him I could take a video to prove it and they laughed at me. There is ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE of this ever working normal. Biggest waste of money... So regret this purchase!

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I am using a 5.5 kg front loading LG washing machine which stopped draining the water out of it. When I registered a complain on 2nd June, they send one stupid technician Mr ** who showed us the water drainage and took away Rs 590 as a service charge of LG which is quite high. Later when we realized that the problem is not solved, we tried calling the customer care so many times in last 6 days but they just note down your complain and tell you that someone will visit again. Finally they gave me a contact of local Hyderabad service center Mr ** (Mr **) number who is another bluff master. LG are highly irresponsible people. I will never recommend LG washing machine to anyone for their third class service.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When I bought my house 2 years ago we purchased all LG products. When I say all I mean ALL! Televisions, sound systems, wall ovens, dishwasher, water, dryer, cooktop, fridge, DVD players and EVERYTHING. From the beginning I have had a small leak at the bottom of the washer door. The technicians have been out several times but they say it is a known issue on the LG doors. Apparently even 1 piece of dog hair can cause it to leak. I try wiping the door down every time but that works intermittently at best. My mother has a Whirlpool and several dogs and she never has an issue with hers and only wipes the door when she cleans the washer once a month or so. Needless to say having to keep a rag in front of your washer is extremely frustrating, but what really got me was the customer service.

I say customer service but it is really a complete absence of it. When I called them about the issue and that the techs say it is a known issue they claimed my service company was not a factory authorized provider. (They are the largest appliance dealer in the state and only service what they sell because their techs are all factory trained and authorized.) So, I ask them to schedule a visit from their "factory tech". 1 week later they email me the contact info for their supposed factory service company. It is a computer/IT company that only services phones and computers! When I called LG back they did not understand why their "factory service center" outdent work on the washer. So I asked to speak to a supervisor.

Sorry for the run on but the supervisor conversation deserves its own paragraph. From the beginning he made it clear he did not care a bit. I explained I had had the service company out several times and it is a design flaw. He disputed that and I explained the techs say this is a common issue they get called to look at. He informs me we are not talking about anyone else's washers but mine. I explain I have over $10,000 worth of LG appliances and this is the one giving me trouble. He tells me since it is out of the year manufacturer warranty nothing can be done. I recommended a 50/50 split on the purchase price for a credit towards the new washer I have to buy. He said they won't do anything and this is not their problem and then hung up on me.

Stay away from LG products completely! Even though a few work well, (their wall oven is awesome), the customer service is absolutely horrid. I have never been treated so badly by any company before, even for issues with inexpensive items they at least are courteous and polite, regardless of the end result. LG will be laughing all the way to the bank after you buy your inferior product and we are probably lucky they even bother to answer the phone. Then again, not being able to reach them might actually leave you less frustrated than getting a hold of them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I'll never buy an LG Front Loader again. Piece of crap. The clothes never smell clean... We are pretty clean people. When I use the speed cycle, it consistently gets stuck at 7 minutes. Never again. The dryer is equally as crappy. I have to run the dryer at least 2 times to get the clothes dry.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: May 18, 2018

Nothing but a headache. I purchased it from Home Depot highly recommended. It just the worst machine ever. The last thing was it flooded my home because of the sensor fail. It just kept filling up with water and overflowed. It has been serviced tons of times.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My washing machine is new. I have never had such a bad experience over a washing machine before in my life. Basically my washing machine is broken, it's not working. I have had it for six weeks. They said they would send an engineer to look at it today. They apparently cancelled it and told lies. They said someone had been around. They had not. They lied someone cancelled. I spoke to a manager. He was rude and told me I had to maintain it first. A brand new product??? He was so rude. He said, "Why don't you ring trading standards." Which I did. Both Currys where I brought and LG are passing the buck. Trading standards said they are breaking the Consumer Act of 2015. I have filed a complaint with Currys, LG and trading standards. I don't even want a product of theirs in my apartment after dealing with ignorant rude people in LG.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The high rate of failures. Just search online for those 32** models. They are all the same. LG WM3250 bought in Lowe's 4 years ago with 5 years warranty. Started making a loud clicking sound on spinning cycle. Warranty guy came, looked at it and said "I don't think Lowe's will approve 1000 d. fix. Drum and arm assembly need to be replaced." Sure enough, Lowe's initiated buyout. Now with that money, I can even buy anything close. All of those NFC tag crap and nothing got fixed for bearings and arm issues for years. If Lowe's will replace it, it will be the last LG thing I buy.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have Model WT1101CW LG washing machine and can say with total honesty that this is the worse machine I have ever owned. It goes out of balance so many times during the wash cycle that it takes hours to wash a load. It keeps filling with water to try to rebalance itself so it wastes water and ultimately we end up stopping it with the clothes still wet to dry them because it will not spin them out. We spent over $400 dollars on repairs already and it still doesn't work. UE, UE, UE I am so sick of that code. Don't buy this machine!!!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I purchased an LG washing machine 3 years ago. I have had customer service on the phone on a regular basis, which FINALLY led to them sending out several service persons, who knew NOTHING about the problem. The washer does not have enough water in the tub to even cover the clothes to be washed; I was told to use the “water plus” button to add extra water to the tub...it does nothing. Every load of my clothing being washed comes out with whitish/grey marks all over them, especially pants, workout clothes. And any fleece item washed is ruined by “scum” marks.

I have complained continually, only to be told to run the “tub clean” every other week (which, by the way, is an empty tub that just "washes" the tub, but doesn’t really...). An incredible waste of water - especially for a washer that is supposed to conserve water. Next we were told to run the empty tub on “oxi sanitize” and add a jug of vinegar to the tub. That worked for about 3 loads. I would NEVER recommend this machine to anyone. My sister-in-law owned an LG for 29 days & turned it back in. Bring back the old tubs!! We are NOT saving any water with this machine!!!

Original review: April 29, 2018

2 years into an LG and already issues. Cracks in plastic at top of machine. The lid has separated from the glass top. The glue that holds it let go. This caused the frame to crack from the pressure of the EZ down lid hinges. It all came apart. Now we can't use the machine. We purchased the 3rd party extended warranty. They want to buy out machine for depreciated value. Less than 1/2 of value new. LG so far has done nothing. Out of warranty. We just want our lid fixed. Warranty company won't. Frustrated... Hoped it would last years and years.

Original review: April 28, 2018

If I could give this washer 0 stars out of 5 I would. I bought the washer in January of 2018. I used it for about 2 weeks when it started banging and sounded like it was going to come through the floor. I called LG and they sent out a service tech to come look at it. The balance bar was broken and numerous other parts had to be replaced, and of course one was on back order. We finally got it fixed after almost 3 weeks of it being broken.

Now we are in April of 2018. The washer starts to shake again & make the same noises as before, only this time I have leaking all over my floor. I call LG again to see what can be done. I talked to 3 different people, was on hold for almost 2 hours, the last person being a manager who was rude, and very unhelpful. I ended up scheduling another person to come out to diagnose the washer, of course a week and a half out. The technician comes to diagnose the washer on a Monday, I don't hear anything back from them and on Wednesday I get a text from LG saying I have a repair order for yet ANOTHER appliance repair company. I call to see what is going on and LG states that the first appliance company said the job was too big for them and their company is not able to do it (this was a company that LG hired).

They hired another appliance company and again, they are more than a week out with scheduling. After talking again to LG they are not scheduled to come FIX it, but to diagnose it. This is after I talked to the first appliance repair company and having them tell me that the washer needs to be completely rebuilt and that the LG engineering department told them that there is over $500 worth of just parts. At the end of my phone call I asked to speak with someone higher up, and they stated someone would call me in 24 to 48 hours, and of course 24-48 hours later, no phone call. I am BEYOND frustrated with LG. I have been without a washer for longer than I have actually used mine. I would NEVER buy this washer again, let alone another appliance from LG. Their customer service is terrible and it has been a highly disappointing experience dealing with LG.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have problems with every load. The water does not even come close to wetting even a small load. Clothes often come out dry, always still dirty and with actual pieces of dirt that I brush off. I’m doing a load of work clothes right now and I brought the garden hose in to add water. When I turned it back on it went through its “load sensing” crap and then began to pump out the extra water to make sure my clothes came out dry and dirty. Don’t ever ever ever buy one of these!!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I’ve been wondering why my clothes have little holes in them, get pilly and faded so quickly, and even get tied in a knot sometimes when I do a load of laundry. I finally realized it’s the new washing machine (WT7600HWA). I am so disappointed. The spin cycle is so high that it’s causing little holes In my clothes. I believe it’s also causing the clothes to get all entangled and tied up in a knot which is difficult to untangle and make them a very wrinkled. I am very unhappy with this washing machine and very disappointed. I would not recommend it to anyone. I also don’t like the cycles are so long, why should I take an hour and a half to do a load of laundry? That uses more electricity and water that way as well.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought the LG wp2060R which is suppose to be a 17 kg washload machine... as the largest LG I have bought, I thought it better for a larger wash load... but the spin dry section is where the problem is... you need to spend too much time balancing the clothes to get the spin dryer to operate properly. It's frustrating it happens with all those highspeed spin driers but the larger capacity machines are the worst. LG as a leading brand need to rectify this problem quickly to take some of the extended stress out of laundering. It's very frustrating. I have neighbours who bought the same model and are frustrated with the same problem. (Trying to be diplomatic even though I desire to use some adjectives to express my frustration with this problem.) We would like to just transfer the wash to the spin and just start without any time consuming adjustments. Thank you.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Washing machine self-destructed after 1 year 8 months. My washing machine destroyed itself while on the spin cycle, ruining the washing machine and damaging the adjacent walls of the laundry room. It has been two months, with weekly follow-ups to LG and no progress toward even looking at the machine. This is clearly a manufacturing defect, not a warranty issue. I would strongly discourage purchasing an LG washing machine. I replaced the machine with a Samsung which has performed well.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I purchased my new LG WM3770HWA washing machine through Home Depot online. Two weeks after my purchase it started having multiple problems. It has now been nine months I have been complaining to LG service and not one technician has come out to help. LG has THE WORST SERVICE I have ever encountered. I refuse to buy another LG product.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My machine was broken 2017 May. I called customer service about this situation and they sent a technician for fixing, he fixed and they charged me $310 for a service fee. They gave 60 day guaranteed for the same problem but after 2 washed machine broken again, I called LG customer service for sending someone to fix my machine again another day. Technician came and he wasn't able to fixed problem, I called again LG customer service. They told me they will refund my money in 7 business day. Until today I've not get my money back. I called much time. Always told me some excuses for not refunding. After one year I check on Youtube how can I fix the machine. I found solution. I order from eBay some part of the machine and I install part and it works now.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I purchased a stackable LG washer in June, 2013 and it died in January 2018. The hardware holding up the drum broke, and the estimated cost to repair was $600. Since a new machine was priced at $825, it wasn't worth it. The customer service department was very rude and not helpful at all.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Just before my top loading “smart drum” washer was off warranty it kept saying UE (uneven) and refused to spin...even after setting it on spin only. It would constantly set more time and refill with water and not fully spin. We are on a well and water use was a concern! I called LG and they contacted the authorized serviceman who came out a couple of days later. He replaced the motherboard and said all was good. That lasted less than 2 weeks before it was doing the same thing again. Called the repairman myself this time and he spoke to LG. Turns out my washer was a lemon and I actually got a new one on warranty. That was great UNTIL the new one started doing it too at about the same age as the original one started it. The new washer didn’t come with any warranty either so I’m stuck with it.

LG top loading washers are a total piece of crap and it frustrates me to no end, wastes our well water and power, and I spend all day sometimes just trying to get 1 load of wash done! Too many times have I had to put dripping clothes into the dryer because I can’t get the washer to spin them out! If I had the money I would buy a new washer...but not an LG!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had this washer for about a year and half when it completely started rusting out. After 4 years it looked horrible and leaked at best. Dryer was fine and washer motor ok. When I contacted the company to at least get a new top they just blamed me. Apparently they have no idea how I take of things and my dryer is in immaculate condition. I have a new Maytag. Just saying.

Original review: March 21, 2018

LG True Balance - We had the washer for only 8 mos. It stopped agitating. We reported the issue to the 800 number on the machine. They sent a tech the next day. Finally at 7:00 pm they arrived. First the problem. 15 mins after he left the whole bottom unit came off. Called them again. The next day they sent the same tech, this time he said the part is bad and will need a week to order a new part. We thought we were getting a top of the line washer. Further, he doesn’t balance correctly... as it is suppose to auto balance. First time buying LG. Very disappointed with the product and the service. To have it break in 8 mos. To go without a washer for two weeks with a family is unacceptable!

Original review: March 17, 2018

LG WM3270CW. I am on my 2nd one in two weeks, March, 2018. Mine is a stackable. I am refusing a 3rd one, what a pile of crap!!! If you wash a fuzzy double blanket or anything that sucks up water it shakes like a research monkey and has a LOUD freight train noise coming out of it. You CANNOT do a full load of anything that gets heavy when wet, I bought this to replace a smaller one, and now I cant even put in a half a load. Home Depot has been very good about two returns. I will not get a 3rd one, you cannot do heavy loads in a front load. I would not recommend, I did read the reviews and all I can say is BS? Get the extended warranty because you're going to need it, FYI you need to buy a new stacking kit EVERY TIME you have this serviced and you will have to unstack yourself. The kit gets bent due to the glue when you pull them apart.

Original review: March 16, 2018

My wife and I purchased the LG top load washing machine with the "Smart Drum". Trust me - it is anything but smart! Constantly goes "UE" (uneven). You have to constantly monitor it or it will waste tons of water and electricity trying to fix the "UE" all by itself, usually with failed results. I have no idea why washing machine engineers have no idea how to keep a drum from spinning off balance. A couple of rollers or a track at the top would fix the problem for any washer. Idiotic to me.

Original review: March 15, 2018

It's amazing they've named the company LG, it couldn't be the farthest from the truth! The customer service is worst than the product if that's even possible. Spoke with a rep over the phone and Live Chat, neither were worth 1 star. Sorry I ever bought their product but the takeaway from this is, I can boycott their product and spread the word. If you want a product that works, stay away from LG! I bought the washer through Best Buy's online service. Best Buy's receipts fade after 6 months and are not readable.

Best Buy could see the purchase online but couldn't print the order, therefore according to LG, there isn't a valid proof of purchase. While I am very disappointed in the Best Buy's ability to print a receipt, at least they were willing to give their contact information and the Best Buy order number so that LG could contact them to validate the purchase. LG would not contact the manager at Best Buy to discuss. At that point, "Live Chat" ended the chat. Customer Service, a lost art!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have had this washing machine for over a year and am very dissatisfied with it. I would NOT recommend anyone purchase this machine. You can only dream of getting a hot wash unless you turn off the cold water faucet. Then you have to turn it on to get enough water for a rinse. The sheets are twisted in knots and other articles of clothing wrapped in them. You must stop the machine and unravel the sheets. During the wash one of the sheets balloons up covering the whole load and this requires another manual adjustment. I had a Samsung top loader which was recalled because the drum came loose. Wish this would happen to this washer so I could get rid of it. If I were able to give it - 0 stars, that would be my rating. I cannot stress enough, you will not be happy with this washer. Not all of the negative reviews. They are all true.

Original review: March 10, 2018

This is the worst washing machine or even appliance I have ever purchased. It does not level as it is supposed to, 95% of the time it takes hours and multiple times moving the laundry around manually. Total garbage and it was not inexpensive!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Bought an LG, top-load washer, 3 years ago, model # WT1101CW. There are only 3 of us in the household so the washer was used lightly. Last night it decided to commit suicide. The washer plate and the drive shaft assembly broke into pieces while washing a single shirt. I later found out, this was only half of my problem. The following day I spent 3 hours ping-ponging back and forth with LG customer service (which is in the Philippines... ie, broken English) and Encompass, their third-party parts department. Neither can answer any technical questions and will only ask for a part number.

I finally received a phone number for technical questions, but upon calling had to provide a service ID number, which I don't have because I am not a certified technician. Now LG is telling me not to fix it myself, but to call a service technician. I called and they said they would send someone out within 7 days and they would look at it and order parts and that would take another 7-10 days. Once the parts arrive they will send a service technician out to fix it. So, I can use a laundromat for the next 2 to 3 weeks, and then pay a hefty repair bill, or I can just go buy another washing machine from a reputable company that actually provides customer service, and in English. Never again LG! Only 3 years and this LG washer will now be in a landfill. If everybody knew how poorly built these machines are and the non-existent customer that LG provides, LG would be out of business. I can only hope at this point.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Classic Kenmore basic washer... to fix it would cost around $200-300. F that, right? I took it to a drop off donation thing. Went and bought myself a nice fancy new washer. OH MY GOD, DO NOT BUY ANY NEW TYPE OF WASHER. NO NO NO. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. UGH plus it take 1:30 to do one load anyways. I drove it back to the store, got a refund... and drove back to the donation area, picked up my broken Kenmore and ordered the part online. Yup. Thug life.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Had this LG direct drive 9 kg washing machine for 18 months now and it's been a pain, had an engineer out once, called customer services twice lately and after saying someone would get back to me in 48hrs I'm still waiting, that was 2 weeks ago! Machine is extremely sensitive, stops midway through a wash saying it has an uneven load when there is a small jacket in it! You also have 2 to drain the tub manually after it stops, all in all I would never recommend anyone buy this machine as it's been a nightmare and LG customer services are just as bad???

LG Washing Machines Company Information