LG Washing Machines
1.09/5

Need a washer and dryer?

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2248 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Washing machine 6 mths old. Machine going into violent spin. Video sent to LG and blaming installation. Knowhow team from Currys have been out twice at LG request and the say it's a mechanical issue. Currys store having to fight with LG on the phone for them to send engineer out. I have care plan with Currys who say they can't do anything until LG have been out. I have lost faith in LG and despite doing everything I have been asked to do I am still getting nowhere. I have sent videos as requested. I have to chase up as no one gets back to me. I am also having to take days off work to accommodate KNOWHOW to visit.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We had our washer for about 6 or 7 years. It did not clean clothes very well. About two month ago I started a load of laundry whenever our children went out to complete their outside chores (we live in the country). We still have 6 children at home, one is only 2 so he was in the house with me and our 17 year old. We heard a sound like a shotgun going off in the house. Our 17 year old and myself ran to see what it was, the washing machine literally blew up. Thankfully the children were out doing chores or someone's could have been seriously injured or killed...our babies high chair was thrown across the room and nearly broke the window. LG has done nothing! I called them immediately after we cleaned up the mess and all the water. They said I wouldn't hear back from them in two days...never heard a word back from them. Will not be purchasing any LG products again!

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Wash machine about a year old died. Most of the time the machine washed clothes for a single man with a white-collar job. So very little clothing once every couple weeks and certainly not soiled at all. Service took 3 weeks to show up and then told the machine is junk by LG's own serviceman and then told part to fix it is discontinued! On a 1-year-old machine? Then constant runaround from LG about a proof of purchase (which I do not have). The machine was purchased at Best Buy with a Best Buy gift card so no credit card or check or other means of proof. Best Buy says they cannot trace gift card purchases.

The machine has a 10-year warranty and I only know this because LG told me I registered the machine with the serial number on October 10, 2017. THEY KNOW the machine was purchased and registered for the warranty! I didn't steal it! You cannot walk out of Best Buy with clothes washing machine hidden in your pants pocket! So they know when it was purchased and where it was purchased from. They (LG) have a record of all serial numbers and where they are delivered. Now they refuse to honor the warranty.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Puchased LG Washer (top loader) in May 2018, had it delivered & set up, and got NO instruction on how to use the item. It tears rugs, uses too little water, wastes water, does not clean clothes, and I am told to not wash heavy items, then again not to wash light items. No response from LG even after unknowledgeable repair visit, and Home Depot (Seller) will not return calls. Worst washer on the marked, for sure.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I purchased a new LG washer and dryer in April 2018. From the beginning the dryer leaked water from the door. When I called they told me not to use dryer sheets. I wasn't, Lint collects on the gasket on the door and continues to leak. I've been calling them for 6 months. A guy came out and did nothing. He said they would order me a new door and front. In the end they never returned a phone call. My dryer still leaks water and I'm looking for the Better Business Bureau information. I will never buy another LG product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I never write reviews but I just had to. I got LG top of the line, top loader washer and dryer set. I guess I didn't research it enough. I have been doing laundry for 30 years and there really is nothing I like about this set. First and foremost, neither the washer nor dryer let you choose your settings. They have categories and it is what it is. Unfortunately they are terrible and don't work, e.g., nothing between normal and delicate. Does not get stains out unless you use 2 1/2 hour cycle with soak. Can't understand that one. Dryer same problem with settings. "More dry" is really almost dry. I gave it a year and still is the worst purchase I have ever made.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I bought a top load washing machine, three months later machine started giving some i3 code means water pump is not working correctly, so we call LG. Looks like everything going ok. They send a tech to check the machine. His name DAVID **. I will never forget this name. Why? This tech is a LG house. He told me, "Oh! Pump is not working. I will order the part. I'll come back and replace it," so like I said before everything looks nice although this guy is honest so far. He came back ten days later. I wasnt in home. My wife let him do the job. He spend 15min to replace the pump. Wow this guy is awesome. Finished fast and "good worked supported".

In the following days we know if something is wrong with the machine, softener stays doesn't go away. We call LG again. They said if a tech come to our house again we will pay for it, I totally refused to pay anything if we still have our warranty. Anyways they send another guy from APEX APPLIANCE SERVICE, GUESS WHAT HAPPEN NEXT. This second tech find out the LG guy never replace the water pump and LG tech DAVID ** sabotage our machine cutting the wires. This way our machine will never show codes anymore.

Apex tech pass the information about what happen to LG and again when I called LG they dont have any info about it. Looks like they cover each other. I dont know exactly. ANYWAYS, if I describe all terrible time what happens to get my machine fixed will take me more than 24 hrs to do it, anyways if you already purchased any LG items you're **... Just watch out for this guy DAVID **. If your machine is broke or if it's another tech from LG be on him make sure he fixed your expensive machine. LG COMPANY IS A NIGHTMARE. NEVER EVER WE WILL BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS BRAND.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have bought a washing machine. They deliver a damage piece. They play a big game with me for not giving a replacement. They have cheated me by passing the time. First they said to show damage part in photo they give replacement. Again they said, "We can’t give replacement of product. We give replace the damage part," and after some time they again saying, "We will not give replace." Very poor customer care.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have purchased my new washing machine 12 days before, 1 washing machine arrived with dent. Due to nonacceptance of installation my washing machine replaced with new. After washing cloth powder residues remains in, so I raised complaint. Service people replies higher side of powder used so I follow the instructions. Half dose of powder use. Problem remain same, I search Google what can be issue then I find jet spray issue, then I specifically complain, "Please start my jet spray." Then executive replied was, "It's start automatically, it's not necessary every time start." 2 another executive visited. Both said jet spray not working. Still I have that worst LG machine, at least lo mail more than 30 calls made by me for this issue. Still pending complain. I think no brand can be behave like this, go for any of the brand not with LG.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

This washer is only 5 years old. There is no reason it should be failing already. Even with small loads, it continues to go into the UE mode, and repeats cycles constantly. So the alleged energy savings is out the window. It will frequently take as long as 2 hours to get one load done. And that's if it finishes at all. LG televisions we have are pretty reliable. No complaints. But their washers and dryers are not worth the money spent.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Do not buy LG all in one washer and dryer. It doesn't dry at all, clothes get hotter and wetter, I followed all instructions. It also says takes 6 hours and 10 mins to dry a small load, which it didn't. LG tech came turned it on and off didn't try the dryer cycle. I found out LG only turn on and off any of their products, without looking at the problem. Therefore if it turns and off they say no problems. Never buy LG products.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I have to re-adjust the load twice per load, minimum. Right now, have waited 4 hours for a load. I've tried all jeans, all sheets, a mix etc. God forbid if you add a pair of jeans or a sweatshirt to lightweight clothes. Trouble finding repairmen as they want no part of LG. Going back to "dumb" washer. Thought it was me until I found this site. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We purchased an LG WT4970CW washing machine in August 2014 from Best Buy. Shortly after using it, I noticed some of laundry would be dry on top, especially sheets. Sheets would be pulled tightly across top of drum and be completely dry - obviously were not touched by water and detergent. Then, on subsequent loads, the machine kept giving error message: UE which means the load is out of balance. Machine shuts off in middle of cycle and you have to open the lid, pull the laundry out and rearrange it, close lid and machine turns on again. However, during one load, this happened up to six times and it took me four hours to complete one load of laundry. I don't stand by the machine while it is doing its job, so when I would expect the laundry to be done, I would go to my basement only to see the UE displayed which meant it wasn't finished.

I had a repair person come to my home last week (10/2018). He called and spoke with an LG technical support person. He explained the problem and was told I was doing the laundry incorrectly. The LG agent told him I have to wash only like items at one time. In other words, if I have a load of jeans, tee shirts, polo shirts, men's underwear, socks, I need to sort the clothes and wash the jeans separate from the shirts, separate from the underwear and socks!!! The machine goes out of balance almost every time I wash two bath towels, one hand towel, and one washcloth along with a nightgown and some underwear. The LG agent said I should only be washing towels (up to six bath towels) at one time and nothing else.

This is not how REALITY works! It would take me a full day to do the equivalent of two loads of laundry. It would also defeat the purpose of the water-conserving feature of these new machines. I would need to do six tiny loads of laundry in place of my normal two loads. Also, I do not have enough clothing to wait until I have a full load of just underwear so it is a normal-sized load. I don't even have enough pants and shirts to wait until I have a full load of just pants to wash. This machine is only 4-1/2 years old and I have to replace it. I also bought the extended warranty, but was only offered a one-year extension for parts only. Of course, the warranty expired in August 2016.

The repair person said there were no parts to replace or would make sense to replace, because the cost of the repair would be almost the cost of a new machine with no guarantee it would fix the problem. He told me my complaints are very common complaints he has heard over and over from his customers regarding their LG machines. The repairperson highly recommended I buy a Speed Queen TR7000 which works almost the same way my 35-year-old Maytag washer worked and it comes with a seven-year materials and labor warranty. Can't wait to give the LG machine the heave-ho and get the Speed Queen machine! I will never buy ANY LG product as long as I live.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We recently purchased a new home and with it came an LG washer. After a service call to LG, followed by a maintenance call from a local repair company we are STILL completely dissatisfied with this washer. I have never in all my years of doing laundry (4 children) have ever had to sort clothes based on weight. Even with doing so, the load can take up to two hours to do. The spin cycle is awful and continues to repeat itself. It is quicker to dry a load of towels versus doing a load of wash with the LG. I have read many of the same complaints on this board. LG, you need to do something about this. I would never, ever recommend an LG product to anyone based on my experience with this one product. It is the absolute worst.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

First I'm 5 ft 2 in, I need a stepladder to reach my close in bottom of washer, pain in the butt, then only 4 yrs old, a valve stuck on filling my washer to overflowing, it flooded my home, ruined my floors and they won't cover anything but fix the washer 2 weeks later, so I would not recommend this product. If I would have left and came back, my home would have been totally gone and my insurance I would have had to use and put out a deductible, and my rates would have went up or dropped because of the malfunction. It was a nightmare trying to get through to the number for your warranty, thank goodness Allen at Home Depot got the ball rolling for me, but would not recommend product or warranty. Next time I'm buying the cheapest washer out there for the money in spent.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Bought LG W/D set from Lowe's, topload washer not frontload. 33 days after installation dryer started knocking while drying (loud). Called LG CS, took 5 days for repairman to call and set up appt. Rollers were bad so installed new ones, 2 days later loud knocking was back so installed new motor, 3 days later and louder than before. Repairman came out and replaced all rollers again. So far all is good but the process took over 2 months to resolve. Lowe's was NO help at all. Now the washer... it smells like rotten eggs after a couple of washes, we need to run tub clean every 2-3 days to keep smell away.

1500.00 and we have a washer that has all the fancy bells and whistles but can't do a basic wash load without special care. Even following all the instructions for keeping lid open and not leaving clothes in washer nothing changes the smell after a couple of days. LG CS is terrible, Lowe's CS is terrible. LG products are a nightmare, never again. Bought 3 yr extended warranty and they were just words and excuses. Seems this is a design flaw that should have been fixed but I guess the consumer will just deal with the bad product design.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

This machine rarely gets my clothes clean. It does not seem to have enough water to really clean. The worst part is the mold and mildew on the rubber seal and drum that is impossible to clean. I do use the tub clean, vinegar, and bleach but still have brown slime covering my clothes and bedding. I think it has made my husband and I sick from the mold and mildew that we cannot get to and clean. We are told to leave the door open so it can dry! Why would a machine be made that you have to leave the door open (which we do) and have to constantly clean. It still does not help. I would not recommend the LG front loader.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I purchased the top of the line Steam Front Loader approx. 3 years. ago. My wife and I are the only two that have used this washer, so it was taken care of and cleaned after every wash. I am a Machinist and work on much larger machines, so I know my medals. My wife put a normal size load in and the machine started shaking and smoking. We turned it off and opened the door and smoke filled the room. I contacted LG and explained it to them. They told me to take the machine apart and send them pictures. I did. Man was I shocked to see the cheap metal they use in their machines. It was so corroded, rusted, and full of mildew. When I went to pick up the part it broke into, in my hand. I didn't use any force on it whatsoever.

With the RPM these machines put out, if we would have left it on, and it broke someone would have been badly hurt or even worse. I learned my lesson from LG. They do not service what they sell, they don't return phone calls, they will lie to you in a heartbeat. I also learned to read reviews before I purchase again... NEVER ANOTHER LG. I have learned most people that write reviews tell it the way it really is.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I wish I would have look up reviews before I bought this washing machine. MY CLOTHES DO NOT EVER GET CLEAN! I just washed a load and set it on soak. I just went to put the clothes in the dryer and most of the clothes were DRY! Often times I look in and the water doesn't even cover the clothes. The cycles are hecka long and don't clean. I am so disgusted. THE WORST!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I purchased washer/dryer combo from LG in February 2018. Upon delivery, I left plastic covering on to protect machine, as I have a habit of doing this. Two months later, I removed cover and noticed numerous scratches all over cover of dryer. Calls were made to Best Buy in Levittown, as well as LG directly, over a period of months. I was informed these are cosmetic issues and not covered under warranty. I just want to reiterate the machine was delivered in that condition and not because of my use of machine. As a result, I did not get a satisfactory solution to my problem. Please note I have never given a bad review on any matter. This time, LG deserves this review. This review goes out to Best Buy in Levittown, as well, as the manager I spoke with was very rude and no help at all. I hope this helps anyone looking to purchase appliances.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I purchased this machine with high hopes of getting an energy efficient machine that would properly clean our clothes. It has proven to be a terrible disappointment. Even when I pretreat stains I have had to wash the clothes more than one time just to get the mark off the clothing. How is that efficient?? I have pulled items out of the washer that have areas that hadn't even gotten wet. How is that going to clean the clothes?? It has been a frustrating experience and I would recommend that anyone considering this machine reconsider their purchase. If I hadn't spent so much money I would go out and buy a different machine today.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We purchased our LG WT7200C washing machine in June of this year, 2018 and it has been a HUGE disappointment. Without an agitator the clothes do NOT come clean. Just tried washing a King Size mattress cover two times in a row and the top half of it never got touched by any of the soapy water. When washing soiled clothing from yard work they do NOT come clean no matter what cycle is selected. This washer is a MAJOR disappointment.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We purchased an LG front-load washing machine in April. The drain hose became kinked in August so the washer would not drain. Called LG customer service on August 23 to have drain hose replaced. Twelve calls and 3 months later, still not replaced. Get the run-around with each call. Please, if you value your sanity, do not purchase an LG washer.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

DON'T BUY LG PRODUCTS! THEY CAN'T BE FIXED... Our 5 year old LG washer conveniently stopped working only 2 months after the factory warranty expired. How did this highly tech washer with cell phone connection (pic) with LG FAIL right after the warranty ended? We called the Authorized LG REPAIR company to fix it and after 4 months and 5 visits, the Authorized LG repair company using the built-in high tech cell phone support (pic), could not fix this washer... And it cost us over $400. in non-warranty parts (pic) and service. Our LG washer still does not work and LG support has NO SOLUTION to the problem. As a less than generous offer, LG Corporation has offered us only a 15% rebate on another LG washer purchase. NO THANK YOU!! DON'T BUY LG PRODUCTS! THEY CAN'T BE FIXED!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We just got this machine in last Friday. After doing a few loads over the weekend, I was wondering if there was something wrong. The black control panel is very hard to read! It has gray lettering on a black background. I called LG to see if there was a backlight that wasn't working, and was told that there is no backlight. Seems to me that LG has mad a very basic design error with the panel. It should have white lettering, as do most other machines with this type of panel. I actually made myself a vinyl overlay with white lettering to make it more usable for myself. Something that LG needs to address ASAP!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I like many how have already posted immeasurable frustration with their LG Washer. My washer does the error code and runs forever like many other customers. I have not contacted LG yet, but it is clear that I will never buy another LG product. It is sad to spend this much money on a product that causes so many consumers frustration. Just for fun I now time how long it takes to wash a load of clothes, not to mention how much water is used.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The pedestal washer catches fabrics and causes damage. The front load washer is loud - with just 5 t-shirts and 1 beach towel seem to stress the machine. When the cycle gets to rinse/spin it produces loud thuds and disturbing noise. The dryer drum is bent, or warped, it has a raised hard plastic that hooks and drags clothing items while the machine is in dry cycle thereby causing threads to pull away from the garments. It has only been 6 months since purchasing the washer and dryer and the extensive damage is deeply disturbing and unacceptable. Meanwhile the company we purchased from is making every effort to avoid responsibility/accountability or remedial action.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I purchased a top load LG washer. I purchased the extended warranty for a total of 3 years. After 3 years and 2 months started having problems. The washer would be out of balance on every use. The only thing I could do is unplug and start over every load. Finally started doing some research online and found my model had two known problems. The balancing rods are not strong enough and circuit board problems. Paid over $700 for the washer. When I called LG even though it is a known production and design problem caused by them, they said I would have to pay for a service call and parts. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING LG.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought a home last year which came with the LG TruBalance top load washer. I began having issues immediately with the “UE” code. It did not matter how large or small the load was, this code would come up every time I used the machine. I was constantly having to babysit the machine, re-distributing the clothes over & over again just to finally get one load done, taking close to 2 hours sometimes longer just to do one load. A lot of times I could see dry spots on the clothing, or I could see that the clothing was not clean.

I had a repairman come who told me the issue was the computer software & that it would be better for me to replace this part rather than buying a whole new machine. I purchased the part & for a month I had no issues. Then the machine began to leak water from underneath, soaking my floor & also my dryer. Also, the dreaded “UE” code made a comeback, causing the machine to continue to refill with water repeatedly, start to spin, then flash the error code. I am so fed up with this machine that I have ordered a new Whirlpool with agitator just like I used to have. This LG is by far the worst machine I have ever owned, & I will not be buying any other LG appliances in the future.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

It is ridiculous to have to dry the washer out each time it is used. The door is hard to open and so low to the ground I have injured my back. You have to clean out the little holes at the bottom of the gray piece. It holds lint. The dryer door is very hard to open. We took the light bulb out so I only have to open the door when dryer has been used. The washer and dryer doors are always open to permit me from having to lean over and pull the doors open. I have had back surgery since we got the washer and dryer and I was fine before the purchase. I will never buy an appliance from LG again!

LG Washing Machines Company Information