LG Washing Machines
1.17/5
Based on 183 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Last updated: April 16, 2018

2178 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 16, 2018

I’ve been wondering why my clothes have little holes in them, get pilly and faded so quickly, and even get tied in a knot sometimes when I do a load of laundry. I finally realized it’s the new washing machine (WT7600HWA). I am so disappointed. The spin cycle is so high that it’s causing little holes In my clothes. I believe it’s also causing the clothes to get all entangled and tied up in a knot which is difficult to untangle and make them a very wrinkled. I am very unhappy with this washing machine and very disappointed. I would not recommend it to anyone. I also don’t like the cycles are so long, why should I take an hour and a half to do a load of laundry? That uses more electricity and water that way as well.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought the LG wp2060R which is suppose to be a 17 kg washload machine... as the largest LG I have bought, I thought it better for a larger wash load... but the spin dry section is where the problem is... you need to spend too much time balancing the clothes to get the spin dryer to operate properly. It's frustrating it happens with all those highspeed spin driers but the larger capacity machines are the worst. LG as a leading brand need to rectify this problem quickly to take some of the extended stress out of laundering. It's very frustrating. I have neighbours who bought the same model and are frustrated with the same problem. (Trying to be diplomatic even though I desire to use some adjectives to express my frustration with this problem.) We would like to just transfer the wash to the spin and just start without any time consuming adjustments. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Washing machine self-destructed after 1 year 8 months. My washing machine destroyed itself while on the spin cycle, ruining the washing machine and damaging the adjacent walls of the laundry room. It has been two months, with weekly follow-ups to LG and no progress toward even looking at the machine. This is clearly a manufacturing defect, not a warranty issue. I would strongly discourage purchasing an LG washing machine. I replaced the machine with a Samsung which has performed well.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I purchased my new LG WM3770HWA washing machine through Home Depot online. Two weeks after my purchase it started having multiple problems. It has now been nine months I have been complaining to LG service and not one technician has come out to help. LG has THE WORST SERVICE I have ever encountered. I refuse to buy another LG product.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My machine was broken 2017 May. I called customer service about this situation and they sent a technician for fixing, he fixed and they charged me $310 for a service fee. They gave 60 day guaranteed for the same problem but after 2 washed machine broken again, I called LG customer service for sending someone to fix my machine again another day. Technician came and he wasn't able to fixed problem, I called again LG customer service. They told me they will refund my money in 7 business day. Until today I've not get my money back. I called much time. Always told me some excuses for not refunding. After one year I check on Youtube how can I fix the machine. I found solution. I order from eBay some part of the machine and I install part and it works now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I purchased a stackable LG washer in June, 2013 and it died in January 2018. The hardware holding up the drum broke, and the estimated cost to repair was $600. Since a new machine was priced at $825, it wasn't worth it. The customer service department was very rude and not helpful at all.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Just before my top loading “smart drum” washer was off warranty it kept saying UE (uneven) and refused to spin...even after setting it on spin only. It would constantly set more time and refill with water and not fully spin. We are on a well and water use was a concern! I called LG and they contacted the authorized serviceman who came out a couple of days later. He replaced the motherboard and said all was good. That lasted less than 2 weeks before it was doing the same thing again. Called the repairman myself this time and he spoke to LG. Turns out my washer was a lemon and I actually got a new one on warranty. That was great UNTIL the new one started doing it too at about the same age as the original one started it. The new washer didn’t come with any warranty either so I’m stuck with it.

LG top loading washers are a total piece of crap and it frustrates me to no end, wastes our well water and power, and I spend all day sometimes just trying to get 1 load of wash done! Too many times have I had to put dripping clothes into the dryer because I can’t get the washer to spin them out! If I had the money I would buy a new washer...but not an LG!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had this washer for about a year and half when it completely started rusting out. After 4 years it looked horrible and leaked at best. Dryer was fine and washer motor ok. When I contacted the company to at least get a new top they just blamed me. Apparently they have no idea how I take of things and my dryer is in immaculate condition. I have a new Maytag. Just saying.

Original review: March 21, 2018

LG True Balance - We had the washer for only 8 mos. It stopped agitating. We reported the issue to the 800 number on the machine. They sent a tech the next day. Finally at 7:00 pm they arrived. First the problem. 15 mins after he left the whole bottom unit came off. Called them again. The next day they sent the same tech, this time he said the part is bad and will need a week to order a new part. We thought we were getting a top of the line washer. Further, he doesn’t balance correctly... as it is suppose to auto balance. First time buying LG. Very disappointed with the product and the service. To have it break in 8 mos. To go without a washer for two weeks with a family is unacceptable!

Original review: March 17, 2018

LG WM3270CW. I am on my 2nd one in two weeks, March, 2018. Mine is a stackable. I am refusing a 3rd one, what a pile of crap!!! If you wash a fuzzy double blanket or anything that sucks up water it shakes like a research monkey and has a LOUD freight train noise coming out of it. You CANNOT do a full load of anything that gets heavy when wet, I bought this to replace a smaller one, and now I cant even put in a half a load. Home Depot has been very good about two returns. I will not get a 3rd one, you cannot do heavy loads in a front load. I would not recommend, I did read the reviews and all I can say is BS? Get the extended warranty because you're going to need it, FYI you need to buy a new stacking kit EVERY TIME you have this serviced and you will have to unstack yourself. The kit gets bent due to the glue when you pull them apart.

Original review: March 16, 2018

My wife and I purchased the LG top load washing machine with the "Smart Drum". Trust me - it is anything but smart! Constantly goes "UE" (uneven). You have to constantly monitor it or it will waste tons of water and electricity trying to fix the "UE" all by itself, usually with failed results. I have no idea why washing machine engineers have no idea how to keep a drum from spinning off balance. A couple of rollers or a track at the top would fix the problem for any washer. Idiotic to me.

Original review: March 15, 2018

It's amazing they've named the company LG, it couldn't be the farthest from the truth! The customer service is worst than the product if that's even possible. Spoke with a rep over the phone and Live Chat, neither were worth 1 star. Sorry I ever bought their product but the takeaway from this is, I can boycott their product and spread the word. If you want a product that works, stay away from LG! I bought the washer through Best Buy's online service. Best Buy's receipts fade after 6 months and are not readable.

Best Buy could see the purchase online but couldn't print the order, therefore according to LG, there isn't a valid proof of purchase. While I am very disappointed in the Best Buy's ability to print a receipt, at least they were willing to give their contact information and the Best Buy order number so that LG could contact them to validate the purchase. LG would not contact the manager at Best Buy to discuss. At that point, "Live Chat" ended the chat. Customer Service, a lost art!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have had this washing machine for over a year and am very dissatisfied with it. I would NOT recommend anyone purchase this machine. You can only dream of getting a hot wash unless you turn off the cold water faucet. Then you have to turn it on to get enough water for a rinse. The sheets are twisted in knots and other articles of clothing wrapped in them. You must stop the machine and unravel the sheets. During the wash one of the sheets balloons up covering the whole load and this requires another manual adjustment. I had a Samsung top loader which was recalled because the drum came loose. Wish this would happen to this washer so I could get rid of it. If I were able to give it - 0 stars, that would be my rating. I cannot stress enough, you will not be happy with this washer. Not all of the negative reviews. They are all true.

Original review: March 10, 2018

This is the worst washing machine or even appliance I have ever purchased. It does not level as it is supposed to, 95% of the time it takes hours and multiple times moving the laundry around manually. Total garbage and it was not inexpensive!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Bought an LG, top-load washer, 3 years ago, model # WT1101CW. There are only 3 of us in the household so the washer was used lightly. Last night it decided to commit suicide. The washer plate and the drive shaft assembly broke into pieces while washing a single shirt. I later found out, this was only half of my problem. The following day I spent 3 hours ping-ponging back and forth with LG customer service (which is in the Philippines... ie, broken English) and Encompass, their third-party parts department. Neither can answer any technical questions and will only ask for a part number.

I finally received a phone number for technical questions, but upon calling had to provide a service ID number, which I don't have because I am not a certified technician. Now LG is telling me not to fix it myself, but to call a service technician. I called and they said they would send someone out within 7 days and they would look at it and order parts and that would take another 7-10 days. Once the parts arrive they will send a service technician out to fix it. So, I can use a laundromat for the next 2 to 3 weeks, and then pay a hefty repair bill, or I can just go buy another washing machine from a reputable company that actually provides customer service, and in English. Never again LG! Only 3 years and this LG washer will now be in a landfill. If everybody knew how poorly built these machines are and the non-existent customer that LG provides, LG would be out of business. I can only hope at this point.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Classic Kenmore basic washer... to fix it would cost around $200-300. F that, right? I took it to a drop off donation thing. Went and bought myself a nice fancy new washer. OH MY GOD, DO NOT BUY ANY NEW TYPE OF WASHER. NO NO NO. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. UGH plus it take 1:30 to do one load anyways. I drove it back to the store, got a refund... and drove back to the donation area, picked up my broken Kenmore and ordered the part online. Yup. Thug life.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Had this LG direct drive 9 kg washing machine for 18 months now and it's been a pain, had an engineer out once, called customer services twice lately and after saying someone would get back to me in 48hrs I'm still waiting, that was 2 weeks ago! Machine is extremely sensitive, stops midway through a wash saying it has an uneven load when there is a small jacket in it! You also have 2 to drain the tub manually after it stops, all in all I would never recommend anyone buy this machine as it's been a nightmare and LG customer services are just as bad???

Original review: March 2, 2018

I brought my LG Direct Drive in 2016. From 1st load powder still on clothes and hardly any water. Then clothes having blackish grey on all white sheets marks on not clean, I've tried to ring LG for help, rude. I've followed instructions from manual cleaning machine as well as drain. Also was told not to use fabric softener as they said that was the cause of the build up of blackish grey on my clothes. I've used it in all washing machine never had a problem, so I stopped using fabric softener. 2 months on still have the same problems. I would like to know why they have a fabric softener slot in the top drawer of the washing machine ??? Rang HARVEY Norman. Warranty runs OUT in February 2018! Photo's my white sheet!

Original review: March 2, 2018

LG washing machine broke after 3 years in a household of 2 adults and our 18th month old daughter... No reason why except defective machine. Customer service no help. After dealing with them our household will NEVER purchase another LG product again... The machine was very expensive and purchased in 2013. It's been leaking on our brand new wooden floor for a year. Our floor was completely ruined the underlayment as well. No one here (Martha's Vineyard) will service LG machines. We're going to dump the machine... Biggest waste of money. I Googled it and TONS of other people are having the same issue with LG washers. I smell a class action suit.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Purchased this top load LG washer 4 years ago. Problems with the performance: Takes too long to do a small or medium load. Washer does not balance the load. Sheets and other large items cover the smaller clothes and they never get clean. Machine Quality. Washer LID BROKE APART for no reason. Will not close at all now which means I cannot use the machine. I contacted LG and complained gave me a case #. Never called me back. When I contacted them they said that the warranty was only for a year. Had to order a new LID for $200 which I have not received yet. Not sure if the expense for the LID was a good idea. The problem will most likely happen again. $700 for this machine was a WASTE of hard earned money. WILL NEVER BUY ANY LG PRODUCT AGAIN.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

So disappointed. I always wanted a modern fancy washer and dryer with the round windows. I thought this was something really special. I just bought a new home and decided to treat myself to the new LG washer, dryer, and mini washer. Model #s PRODUCT # WM3670HRA, PRODUCT # DLEX3370W, PRODUCT # WD100CV. Day One, I washed my first load. Put my clean sheets on my bed. While in bed noticed a rough patch like DRIED SOAP. Hmmm. So I washed it again the next day and this time watched through the ROUND WINDOW. Noticed there was NO WATER to speak of, just a little dirty puddle, not enough to wash one foot. And then the rinse cycle, if you can call it that, same dirty puddle not enough to rinse a foot. Call LG customer service. All my fault. "Oh our washers are state of the art, scientifically superior to wash clothes with very little water." And the King has no clothes.

Finally checked out REAL reviews and heard the same story I experienced OVER AND OVER AND OVER. So DAY NINE, after washing several loads, water left in washer and mini washer, 1 hour 15 minute to wash a load I WENT BACK TO HOME DEPOT AND RETURNED ALL OF IT. Purchased a real washing machine GE. Thanks but no thanks. You've been warned. Purchase at your own risk!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Front loading machine - VERY perfect design. Drain pump died in a year and one day! Bingo! Never had that kind of bad experience ever in my life. This set is # 5 in my life in US. Kenmore, No name (GE?) from Sam's club, Maytag, Cabrio lasted longest. That 10 years warranty big sticker on LG - like a bad joke. And what is that pile of sticky smelly stuff under machine? Customers service? Nice Indian guy... Trained perfectly to reject any attempt to get parts without paying to their "authorized" repairman. Chinese parts assembled in Vietnam... This is only left to buy for hard earned American dollars... Sad.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

So disappointed with LG. Have never had a front loading washing machine before so in December of 2014 I purchased both washer and dryer pair. Right from the start the washer made loud banging noises. Was told this was normal for these new type of washers. Okay I thought. But 3 years almost to the date of purchase, I am stuck with a practically new washer that can barely spin due to worn bearings. It would be ridiculous to spend money on repairs... Probably around $500 I was told. I may as well buy a new machine. UGH. I just cannot get over spending over $1000 for a washer that I now have to junk. I do have an LG refrigerator that I love and have had for almost 10 years. PLEASE LG... Do not sell washing machines... Ripping off too many consumers. Rant over.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

LG washer front loader worst washer I ever own. We bought this washer 3 years ago for $1200 plus insurance for 3 years. And all those years I cried about wasting my hard working money on such a horrible washer! I have 6 kids, so we bought the biggest and the "nicest" washer. Called the service on it many times, but they all say that it's supposed be this way. The washer doesn't use much water and clothes comes out smelly and sometimes dry in some areas. Plus the hot water option never actually gives the hot water. It gives only warm water... Please be aware and never ever buy from LG.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Does not get enough water. Washes clothes by just getting clothes damp. No extra water in machine (LG Front Load washer). In town mode it will never finish the load and the towels spin forever till I turn it off and take out wet towels. In town mode it shakes and moves in spin mode. LG service guy came and had no idea what he was doing. We are in the mode of getting service people to come out and say yes it spins too much and yes the soap even though we use 3/4 of a teaspoon the soap is too much will not rinse out is cause we get no water in the tub. At most the clothes get damp and never get any pooling water. Really bad buy!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Spending nearly $900 on my LG washing machine was the single biggest waste of hard earned money I’ve ever experienced. This thing is not worth the box it came in. It’s the worst household appliance I’ve ever owned. Since my purchase I’ve read countless reviews saying the exact same thing. It’s not at all unusual to spend between 12 and 36 hrs to actually get a load of clothes washed after continuous malfunctions. We are literally hauling it to the landfill. This machine would be an insult to give to someone else. I will most definitely not ever purchase another LG product. BE WARNED... Do your research and check reviews before wasting your money on any type of LG washing machine. This product doesn’t even deserve 1 star. Customer service is non-existent so don’t waste your time trying to get help, they could literally care less about any problems you might be having.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

2017 FH4U2VCN Front load washing machine - Quite the most unreliable machine I have purchased in 60 years. Constantly stops at the rinse/spin stage with 'uneven load' flagged. After 6 months of this I had LG engineer call and make the usual excuses 'too much load', 'too little load', 'wrong type of mix'. What a load of tosh. To placate me he replaced the motor and housing to what seems no improvement whatsoever. It is now 12 months old and unless it is fixed once and for all it will go back to Currys and legal action will follow.

The machine fails to complete on average three out of every five washes. At this point Currys is not in the picture as servicing has to go through LG's totally abysmal website where they can't even manage to email you that your complaint has been received - just warning you only to sent report once! What the blazes is that about?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Bought the washer all expecting a long lasting machine - 3 years into the proud ownership - the rear tub bearings went bad, I called over 25 people who work on washers. Found 4 that worked on LG, the bearing in the rear of the tub is worn out - don’t sound too bad, can’t get the parts - can’t get the tub rear assy either. So here I sit with a washer ornament in my basement out $2200 in the washer with the stands and no parts are available! This is a ripoff! The company should be made to repair these washers for this money. This is serious funds out. Not to mention the repair to this is $390 for the rear tub assy and the labor of $400. Almost $900 in this washer!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I THOUGHT I did proper research on dependability, etc., but boy was I wrong. After one week of use, the circuit board on the front-load washer went out. I called LG and the (2) reps I spoke with spoke VERY broken English, gave me a case # and told me to call a local appliance service for repair. That service took 10 days to get to my house, looked at it for less than 5 minutes, was rude and asked what we expected him to do as we had the units stacked (appropriately per the manual), said he needed to order a circuit board and would be back in touch. A week later, no word, I called the service facility and they now scheduled for yet another week out - three to four weeks for a repair? We previously had Maytag and Whirlpool front loads, left them at houses we sold, and are sooo sorry we didn't go back - LOVED our previous units, especially the Maytags, and it was local, English-speaking service. RUN AWAY FROM THE LG DISPLAYS...

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I received this machine (LG washing machine WM3670HA) in January of 2017, in January of 2018 there was a problem with the motor that drains the machine, the machine would no longer work. I contacted the company, their customer support people really cannot help you and you go in circles with them. Appliance service companies do not want to do LG warranty work. It is February and I still have not had my machine serviced. I have never had a washing machine not work, especially a very expensive machine that I have had for just under a year. I have usually had Kenmore machines in the past and they have worked for many a year. I should not have bought a different brand and definitely should not have bought an LG.

LG Washing Machines Company Information