LG Washing Machines

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I called customer service for my LG True Balance Direct Drive Washer which I purchased in 2012, so it's 5 years old. It has been going off balance and slow to fill with the dribble of water coming from the internal outlet in the washer. It would take all day to do one small load of wash because of this. The phone service is outsourced to India. When I finally got someone who could understand the problem, they said it would cost $350 for one of their service people to come out. COME ON! When I said that was ridiculous, they said they knew it was a bit pricey. REALLY?

The "smart diagnosis" app would not download. When I went on YouTube to see if I could figure things out, I saw the little blue rinse cap emit water on the cycle, WHAT A SURPRISE, mine never did work, I didn't even know it was supposed to shoot water into the washer. I called an independent appliance repairman who came out for $49, which would go toward parts and labor if I needed it. He took one look at my 5-year-old LG WASHER and said, "These are nothing but problems, I have left homes with people crying over the problems with these washers. Dump it and get a G.E.washer. LG used to be GoldStar which was the worst brand out there, they just remarketed themselves."

I wanted to cry. I spent A LOT of money on this set and for a repairman to not even open the back panel- speaks volumes. He opened the lid, spun the barrel, and looked at me and said, "You have more than one problem here, it's going to cost at least $400 to repair, are you sure you want to do that with a machine 5 years old?" I did extensive research on these products before I purchased with Consumer Guide and Reviews. I thought I did a good job with choosing wisely. Repair guy said: "They all work good when they are new."

I will never buy another LG product again. I bought a top load washer 3 years ago. It was serviced once under warranty within the year. About 3 months out of warranty I get the UE message constantly. I thought it was no level, leveled it... OOH EE OOH EE UE... I thought it was too many clothes. OOH EEE OOOH EEEE. It is a big joke now between my wife and I although irritating. What good is a high-efficiency washer that uses 50 gallons of water (I am not sure of that amount but it fills the drum 3 times to balance) every time you do a load of laundry. I am sending this one to the junk pile soon. You shouldn't have to buy a new washer every 3 years. Actually this one should have been scrapped a year and a half ago. I think they have the initials backwards LG should be GL... Good Luck!

LG 7600 top loader does not have the capacity to really get clothes clean. As it drains it leaves a scum which gets left on clothes. In my 45 years I have never had such a poor performing machine. My husband's jeans were dirty and mucky from working out doors. I ran it on the best setting I could find. I took them out and put them in the dryer. There was so much sand and dirt in the filter and the bottom of the dryer. I knew the washer had not even came close to getting them clean. Because it has no agitator, the clothes are only bathed in water so really dirty ones don't come clean. Oh how I wish I had my money back on this machine.

Washer is 2 yrs old. Electronics are messed up. It waste a lot of water. Piece of "junk". Dryer is 2 yrs old. The electronics are starting to go "junk". Wasted over 1000.00. Buy the old time Kenmore washers and dryers. You should get 15 to 20 yrs out of them.

This machine is horrible and LG is not backing the quality of their product! There was a recall on this machine and it took three visits by the repairman to finally get my machine working properly and then it was only under warranty for 90 days, which is about how long it lasted before the unbalanced load started again. LG will not fix the same problem that was never fixed properly from the beginning. I am very disappointed and after doing online research it is evident that there is a problem with the machine that LG needs to take care of.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Bought this washer in August 2014. Within 18 months, the washer started throwing constant error codes. After trying for 6 months to fix the washer using steps outlined by LG, the problem has only gotten worse. LG offered to send a repair service out to fix the washer for nearly $500, which is almost as much as the washer cost. When I mentioned that the problem seems widespread online and that LG was offering no-cost service calls to others experiencing the same problem (it appears to be a consistent and easy fix of replacing the board and stator), they refused to offer the same service and insisted the repair would include a hefty fee. I would rather spend my money on a brand that stands by its products.

So.. this machine was given to me and now I know why! This damn machine sucks BIG TIME! I must get rid of it too because it does absolutely nothing but soaks my clothes in filthy water and in slow motion, rotates it mid circle (to the left and right). When loads are "done," vagina discharge on my panties and deodorant stain on my blouses! Sorry... I know that's tmi, but it's the truth. This effing washer is a waste of space. LG... y'all suck!

I purchased the LG Direct Drive washer model number WT1101CW a couple of years ago. It worked great the first six months. Now virtually every load you wash throws a U.E code meaning load is uneven while in the spin cycle. If you don't pull the load out and place it by weight around the tub it either shuts off until you do or fills back up with water over and over again. Rarely does it solve the problem itself. I would rather have a bottom of the line washer than this piece of junk. I don't understand how it received the Energy Star Rating when it waste gallons of water on every load not to mention the extra electricity. It makes you wonder if the Energy Star Rating means anything on products. Whoever is in charge of it obviously didn't do much testing on this unit. Companies like LG and Samsung make great electronics but when it comes to appliances not so much.

I bought an LG Washer and dryer less than 4 years ago. I have a protection plan for them, contacted Home Depot where I purchased it. They said it sounds like a manufacturer defect. Gave me the number of LG. Told them my Washer was peeling and rust was falling on my clothes, They told me they do not cover manufacture defects and rust, and it is cosmetic. How can they say it is cosmetic if it is dropping rust on my clothes? They did offer to send out a tech to my house for a charge to order a new piece but I would have to pay for it. I thought LG was better than this and would stand behind their products. Never again will buy an LG product again!

If there was a way to give this LG True Balance Top-load Washer less than one star I would do it. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE this machine. There is no sized load, small or large, that goes thru a complete cycle without the unbalanced signal going on. This is NOT a washer you can leave alone for any length of time. I am constantly standing over it to "readjust" the clothing in the load to prevent yet another rinse and the washer's attempt to even out the load before the spin. Unless there is a fix for this, I will NEVER buy another LG product.

Got this LG top of the line unit October 2015. Within a month the water began filling through the detergent AND softener trays simultaneously. Did the digital wifi help thing dozens of times with my cellphone, they said nothing wrong, clean your inlet filters. What??? By December the tub failed to fill with enough water at all to wash anything, regardless which tray side was filling from. A load of Pure Colors came out literally with dry spots in the clothing! Add to that, the balancer within the direct drive unit was slipping badly, somewhat similar to a bad car clutch, and any size load on any cycle was being violently bashed against the inside frame. Sounded like my front door was being kicked in. So, to sum up, I have $878 worth of scrap in my house that will not fill properly, wash properly or spin properly. I still have 7 more months on the financial contract, and I'm sick about it.

LG finally hooked me up with an in house service guy --- he never replied to the 2 service calls that were set up --- and closed out both tickets saying customer reported solved. Really? By the way, the name of this place was "Al's TV and Model Railroad" so that about sums up the quality of LG service!!! My lawyer is requesting certified copies of LG's warranty, the financial contract, and my phone and web interactions. I don't want to feel as if my only option is legal action, but I will if LG leaves me no other option.

After the first year of ownership, what I thought was an investment of a lifetime, has evolved into the mistake of a lifetime. This washing machine (LG WT1201C) is depositing some kind of a black substance all over my entire wash. When rubbing this deposit while wet it dissolves into some kind of oily residue. I had three different service technicians from three different companies all of which said I needed to clean the machine more. Really??? One technician went as far as to say it had something to do with the drain line.

I have used every product imaginable to clean the tub to include bleach, vinegar, tub clean from Affresh, and Tide, none of which has resolved the problem. I have even removed the drain hose from the machine, and washed it out (which should not have to be done). The slime inside the hose is not the same substance which is being deposited on my clothes. I had a very expensive set of sheets ruined on the first experience, not to mention having to drive across town to wash my clothes.

The problem seemed to have subsided for a while, but now it is back with a vengeance. I called LG to set up a service call and spoke with Cyrus on 6-6-16 who informed me I would have to call back and schedule an appointment with Sears and was given the phone number of 800-905-9505. Cyrus stated these people were trained to work on LG products. I called the number provided on June 11th speaking with Donald and set the appointment for Monday June 20th and was given the repair ticket # **. On June 20th the technician didn't bother to show up or call, after I had taken the day off from work for this repair. I called LG in regards to this matter and spoke with Tori ID#**, who informed me they (Sears Center) had treated her just as poorly when questioning why the technician had not shown up or called.

To make matters worse the Scheduling Department took it upon themselves to schedule an appointment for the next day, Tuesday. Again I placed a call to the Service Center to cancel this service call as I had not made the appointment and would not be available due to my work schedule. I explained, to the male on the phone, not to schedule any appointments as I would call back when I had time available. The following day I received another automated call to inform me a technician would be arriving on Thursday. Again I had to place a call to cancel this appointment.

To escalate this matter even more on 6-27-16 I called the Sears Service Center, and was informed they could not schedule a service call for Saturday, as this was a warranty call and they do not do warranty work on Saturday, just non-warranty work, and I was informed, by Sears I would have to call LG back as my repair order had been cancelled, which I did, and spoke with Heather, who informed me they have no control over when Sears schedules their technician.

On 6-29-16 I started the calling game all over again placing a call to 800-905-9505, and the female answering the phone said she could not schedule any appointments for any Saturday. I then asked to speak with the supervisor and spoke with Robert for the second time. When he started to say they didn't have any Saturdays available I advised him I had already spoken to him and knew he was not telling the truth. All of a sudden magic happened. I was given the date of July 9th with a service # of **. When asking Robert where this call center was he stated it was Columbia.

This has been the worst washer ever. Like so many reviews before me the washing machine never shuts off. I have been washing one blanket since 9:00 this morning. I just told it to spin out so it would stop. I read many of the reviews on this LG waveforce washer yesterday and felt it wasn't worth the time and money to work with it. Cost me $2000 today to replace the washer and dryer because I wanted them to match. I am actually going to set the pair in garage hoping that there is a class action suit and I get my money back.

LG Waveforce Top Load Washer - I have not been happy with this product since day 1. After careful and close observation, I have come to the conclusion that this machine corrects for its inefficiencies by doubling and tripling some of the rinse and spin cycles, thereby making it MORE inefficient than the center-agitator style washing machine. I mean, really, it tells you a load will be 53 minutes and it ends up taking an hour and 53 minutes because of the extra cycles it runs itself thru just to balance and re-balance. When this thing dies (hurry, hurry) I'm going back to the center-agitator style washer if they're still on the market. So much for "energy and water efficient" washing machines. Geez, just clean my clothes without all this computer controlled inefficiency - paleeze.

Made the mistake of buying LG (Front Loading Washing Machine) assuming that the quality would be good, worked well for about 3 years then constant problem with all that cool stuff going out. We called LG, paid the $300.00 flat rate fee to have someone come fix it and 6 weeks later we are still waiting for it to be repaired correctly. They sent out a guy that diagnosed it. Told us parts were on back order then 3 weeks later he came, installed the parts, told us it was working fine and got the same error code on the first cycle. We are still waiting for the guy to show up with the new parts. We won't be buying another LG.

I purchased LG front load washer. The gasket where the cleaning liquid, bleach and fabric softener is placed is always full of mold. Also when the gasket is removed, the location where gasket is inserted is full of mold plus the front section of the washer. Contacted LG several times and they say it is a consumer issue and not a company issue. Absolutely disappointed with their service. They are currently under a class action lawsuit for front load washers with this same issue for those that were purchased between 2000-2006 but since mine was purchased 2012 it doesn't apply. It's amazing to me how they won't acknowledge same issue they are in court for. I own LG washer, dryer, refrigerator and TVs and I would never purchase an LG product again.

LG T9577TEELJ 8.5 kg Top Loading Washing Machine - I have bought this machine recently around 5 months back and have tried everything and even LG has sent people for resolving the issue but they also failed in their attempts. Even if you wash clothes separately the lint on clothes stays along with washing powder patches. The inbuilt filter even if cleaned adds no value. Thus it's a waste of money and LG doesn't have any solution to this except for generating service request again and again. Would recommend guys not to go for this machine.

Purchased unit new approx. 15 months ago; one of the benefits of this unit was the high-speed tub helping to dry clothes-- reducing dryer loads. While in use with only a queen-sized mattress pad the tub broke away from drive unit during spin cycle and sent the unit literally bouncing-off the 2 nearest walls (destroying drywall). The unit top and rear panels were separated from the body, and the body walls were expanded (rounded outward). The unit wouldn't fit through door frame. This could present potential safety issue!!! Beware!!!

I purchased a new LG TrueBalance washer. I hate it. Example: I just tried to do a short wash with two pairs of slacks, a men's shirt, and a tee-top. After 1 hour of having the washer stop due to "off balance" signal 5 times, repositioning contents each time, and restarting cycle and still not getting any further along -- I pulled the clothes out and am now trying to get the washer to finish cycle empty. This was not a unique experience. Unless I jam the washer full so that nothing can virtually move -- it takes me an entire day (at minimum 12 hours) to do 6 loads of clothes. I would never ever again purchase a washer without a center agitator, the ability to fill washer and leave for overnight soaking (which I can't now), and get rid of all of this computer bologna! UPDATE: The "off balance" signal just went off again with the washer empty! If you are shopping for a washer -- do not get blinded by all the new/many bells and whistles.

I bought an LG "True Steam Balance" washer and dryer 2 years ago. Without a doubt, my 30 year old agitator washer and dryer in our house "up north" function much better. I purchased on the strength of Consumer Reports recommendation and because I thought the steam option would be useful. Consumer Reports really blew this one or else the report was written by some young person who considers wrinkles a fashion statement.

EVERYTHING and I include towels, comes out so wrinkled that it requires touching up with an iron. I cannot WAIT to get rid of this washer and dryer; it makes life harder, not easier. I can't fault the cleaning; the clothes are cleaned just fine, but I believe that the washer spins with such ferocity that wrinkles are "set" into the clothes and no amount of tumbling, or taking them out of the dryer while damp, will eradicate the wrinkles.

Purchased a LG front load washing machine that has been leaking water for the past 4 months. Machine is still under warranty: 3 different service technicians visited home over 5 times and have been unable to repair the machine. The technicians initially claimed we were using too much detergent, till the last technician found a crack in the discharge hose and replaced it. Unfortunately, that wasn't the only problem as the machine is still leaking, but now worse than before. And now the leak is so bad, it resulted in water damage to our new construction home. Not only that, but the once quiet machine now sounds worse than before and the technician scratched up our unit.

I informed LG again but still no result. From the very beginning, I pleaded with them to send a different service company to our home, but LG refused. I talked to customer service reps and even folks in their executive services department to no avail. After the first few visits, I began to ask for LG to replace the unit, again LG refused. After the leak caused water damage, I asked again for LG to replace the unit, but again LG refused. The machine is still under warranty, the service technicians have been unable to repair the unit, but LG still refuses to replace it even though the terms of the warranty indicate that replacement is an option.

I spent $2000 on this front loading brand new LG wash machine. I bought this machine in July 2016 - delivered in September 2016 - power stopped in February. LG sent Precision Television (took a month) with a "new brain". They put the new brain in - guess what - worked for about a week. No power again. I had electrician come out - nothing wrong with my power. Called LG again - sent me to Appliance Doctor. They do not call back. Had to write to LG again and complain. I wish for a Samsung like I had before. These people need to give me my money back.

My washer is not 5 years old, the rubber drain hose (from tub to the pump) is ripped and we cannot fix it, we have tried to order from several places, they are saying this part has been discontinue. I thought when I bought this it would last longer than 5 years. We will have to buy another washer, but I will never have any products by LG. I hope that anyone else is buying your products better think twice.

Bought washer about 4 years ago expecting it to last 15 years or more like the previous one. Suddenly completely stopped working during a wash cycle. Replaced the main control board, but now it goes through different cycles for the same program and some of the features don't work like before. LG wouldn't stand by their product. Don't recommend it, as they don't seem to care about the quality of their product.

LG Waveforce washer is constantly off balance. The manual will tell you that you cannot do a small load. Believe them!! Unless you are willing to put 2 sheets in with your delicates, and that sometimes doesn't work, it is impossible to wash a small load. It takes hours to complete a wash load due to the off balance signal. You actually have to babysit the washer. I often take the wash out still heavily wet to hang on a line. Would never buy this product again.

I bought a top loading LG washer from Home Depot in March 2016. By October 2016 it was smelling like mold & mildew. I did everything I was suppose to: use washer cleaner in it and run cleaner cycle once a month, it continued to get worse. I contacted LG Customer Service & Tech Support in December 2016, they scheduled a repairman to come out. He put cleaner in it & ran a cycle, and confirmed the smell. I called a week later, complained again. They sent repairmen out 5 times over the next 3 months who each did the same thing and confirmed the washer stinks, at this it reeks, and each time they said it was unrepairable. But, LG would not deem it unrepairable over the phone on Tech Support with the repairman and this is the only way you can get a new washer.

Two different repair services were coming out at this point and both refused LG request after multiple visits to my house. So 3.5 months later I had wasted 5 work days waiting on repairmen time windows of 5 to 6 hours to come to my house, pour cleaner in my washer (which I am a very competent, college-educated person who can pour cleaner in a washer and press a button) & then have both repair companies tell me they will no longer waste their time coming to my house. I also has a plumber come out and inspect my lines and hookups ($114.00) cost to me and tell me the smell was definitely coming from washer.

Now, LG says nothing else they can do!! I was sold a lemon, had it less than six months, and started having issues. LG is the worse company I have ever dealt with. They make you jump through hoops like a circus dog and beat you down hoping you will just give up. This company needs to be held accountable for their non-actions. Please do not buy LG products!

I bought an LG top loading washing machine with direct drive a couple of years back. Perhaps a year later, I began to regularly get "UE" error messages (uneven load) which would stop the cycle. I would have to open the door, try to redistribute the wet laundry and then restart the cycle. Sometimes multiple times for 1 load. It would often TAKE LITERALLY 3-5 HOURS to do a single load of laundry!!! Sometimes, the machine will try to correct the idiotic error by automatically refilling the tub with water... I guess in an effort to redistribute the load. This never works. The machine has gotten progressively worse with this "UE" issue to the point that now it stops on 80-90% of the cycles! I often end up having to stand by the machine during the spin cycle until it either stops and gives the error message or begins to refill the tub, then I have to turn off the machine and put the soaking wet clothes into the dryer.

As I write this, it is 11 pm and I just put a soaking wet load of laundry that started at 630 pm into the dryer. It doesn't matter if I put in a tiny load or a big load. It doesn't matter if I adjust the spin speed to low or medium. It still gives the "UE" error on most of the loads. What's more, the machine has a "spin only" option - one might think that this means "spin only." Nope. I've tried selecting that option to empty the tub after several "UE" errors, but it will inevitably start filling with water again. How "spin only" turns into filling the tub with water is beyond me. Absolutely ridiculous. This machine is supposed to be energy efficient, but It Wastes energy by running and re-running for hours on end, WASTES WATER BY SENSELESSLY REFILLING FOR NO REASON AND WASTES ITS OWNERS VALUABLE TIME. WASTE OF MONEY! Do NOT buy LG Top load washer!!!

We spent a lot of money on a "good washing machine" "great for the environment" but not good for washing clothes!! UE is the message I continue to get while I try to complete a simple wash load. I called Home Depot where I purchase it and they don't service it... saw that coming so I needed to contact LG... after 15 min they told me I need to contact a service company but like the previous person NONE IN MY AREA!!! I finally had a company come, paid for a new sensor and guess what??? UE UE UE. I'm Done!!! Don't buy LG!!! I would tell you how I truly feel but I am a lady!!!

If you remember pinball machines... I only need to say "TILT"... there are terrible load balance issues. The machine bangs and moves about. I'll add that the dryer is no better... It is LOUD! So very disappointed...

My LG 3650 washer lasted 40 months, with a 2 person household. Died, needs a $700 repair of the modular control panel at the back. I contacted LG to ask how this could happen, and they wrote back that they would pray for me (honest - "we see you're dissatisfied... you're in our prayers"). They offered no advice as to why the washer failed, or what to do other than an expensive service company 100 miles away. DON'T buy these appliances. Ever.

LG Washing Machines Company Profile