Save on Appliance Repairs

Save on Appliance Repairs

With the Best Home Warranty

Compare Quotes

2343 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2019

The owners manual says the cycle for Bulky/Large/Heavy duty can wash and spin 8LBS. A call to the LG service department said it could do 12-14LBS. We have washed a 6LB mattress cover with no problems. We rewashed it 3 months later and it could not spin, tried to reposition item, the drum went back and forth forever to extract water but still couldn't spin. Months later was the 3 bathroom cotton rugs, 17"X24", 21"X24" and 22"X34" total weight 6LBS it couldn't spin. Before the 5 year extended warranty expired called for service 3 separate times.

1st repairman said he had no idea what was wrong and said he would have someone else come out, that didn't happen. 2nd repairman saw the rugs put in the machine, partial wash and then try to spin, took 1 out till wouldn't spin took out another still wouldn't spin. They said they would call LG and get answers, they called back a few days later and said LG said it was one loaded and to remove two, that did not work. We were then told that LG doesn't like to repair their equipment. The 3rd repairman couldn't long enough to see if it would spin. The warranty company gave us $50.00 and said to use a commercial laundry. Very unhappy with LG products. I will not buy again. I'm also not happy with extended warranties won't be purchasing those again. Just a word to the wish look at the reviews LG has a problem.

Original review: April 9, 2019

If I could’ve given this zero stars I would’ve. I bought this LG (Life is Good) top loader washing machine and LG Dryer because my old dryer finally broke after 10 years of usage. My previous washing Machine worked fine but the wife wanted the new LG dryer to match a new LG washing machine. So we bought the set. After maybe 4-5 years I noticed some rust on the inside of the body of the washer. Well that rust spot got bigger and more rust spots began to pop up. After many failed attempts with LG customer service and their service technician in my area the end results were that they would not repair or replace the washer. It is considered a cosmetic issue.

The rust has dropped into the washer with the clean clothes defeating the purpose of cleaning the clothes. It now has become a hassle pulling the so called clean clothes out of the washer without touching the sides or the top because it’s all rusty. I’ve sent LG pictures of the rust at their request with no response. During the time of purchase we also bought other LG appliances. I’ve had problems with their microwave, stove, dishwasher and refrigerator. My older appliances I had that were much less expensive outlasted the very expensive LG CRAP I bought. Don’t buy LG!!

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

After reading numerous positive consumer reports over a year ago, we bought a front loader LG washing machine. I believe the reviews were all a hoax as this washing machine is garbage. As many other reviews state, the clothes come out smelly and not cleaned. It takes 3 hours to do a load of laundry as I have to keep re-doing the cycle and adding extra rinses to get the suds out - and I use the smallest amount possible of the detergent. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Washer worked great however main PC board needed replaced after 4 1/2 years. Wow. So this is and was by far the most expensive washer. My last washer was working fine after 10 years. I gave it away when I purchased this LG. I'm very, very disappointed!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

We bought this LG WM3670MWA washer and paired dryer at Nebraska Furniture Mart in in June 30,2018. The Silk screened Cycle Name lettering is now dissolving and even rubbing off the washer. LG says it's COSMETIC damage because "something other than warm water and a damp cloth was used to clean the washer". We use Shout as a pre-wash and have for the last 15+ years. Our 13 year old Samsung front loaders never had any issues with lettering rub off. I sprayed Shout on a 9 year old silk screened plastic cup and let it sit for a week, adding Shout each day, and it's still perfect. Never buy another LG Product. NFM's $270.00 extra warranty was worthless for this as they say if LG says it's cosmetic, there's no reason to even come look at it. They only cover mechanical breakdown. Not happy with performance either. Also, Turbo-Wash times are reasonable but will only take 3 items (?).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: March 22, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I would. Do not buy anything from LG. I have owned an LG top-load washing machine since 2012. Four months ago, it stopped working in the middle of a load of laundry and trapped the entire load in the washer because the un-lock mechanism didn't stop working when the washing machine did. The first technician told me to buy a new machine and break the lid -- on a 6 year old machine!

Then the fun began (to quote many other reviewers). LG phone representatives do not give you a straight answer, do not understand the issues, don't follow up, refuse to acknowledge your issues, and even LIE -- I can go on and on. In addition, LG corporation itself is running a scheme of taking advantage of consumers by ignoring their complaints and then charging exorbitant prices for parts so that consumers are forced to purchase a new appliance. After 3 months of back and forth because I could never get an answer or a supervisor/manager, I finally learned that the parts alone to repair the machine are estimated at over $400 (again, not including labor), which would bring the repair cost to about the cost of the machine when new.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought my washer 2007, and have been disappointed because my clothes are not getting clean. The washer does not have a lot of water in it and the only way I can get any in it is with Water Plus. Sometime my clothes come out not even clean. I tried everything to get more water in it. I always had a top loaders that filled the tub. I thought that one of my hot or cold water valves was not working but, they do. I know somehow I am saving on water, but I would rather have clean clothes. Thought I was the only one until I seen these reviews. I am putting up with machine for now, but when I buy another one I will try to find one that is not he and probably not a LG.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought the high capacity washer and dryer in September 2018 for around $2000. They are pieces of crap. They don't wash your clothes good. Literally some places haven't even been touched by water. The dryer takes more than 1 cycle to dry. Totally useless. You call LG and they'll tell you that you aren't washing clothes properly. I want my freaking money back!!!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I purchased a black LG Washing machine last year and since then have been struggling with it. The design of the operation panel is just awful. All text there is grey on a black background. It is impossible to read anything even in glasses. LG should have made the letters white or backlit so you see what cycle to choose, etc. You can hardly see the text. Each time it is a struggle. I had to print the picture of the panel from the internet so I could operate it? I wouldn't recommend this Washing Machine with steam function to anyone unless LG will improve that. Going to return it.

Original review: March 17, 2019

As soon as we bought this set it broke in a matter of days which flooded my laundry too, and of course they came to fix it. The drum completely fall to floor. I have contacted the warranty department several times letting them know it has broke again and again, they tell me it's a different problem because of what their people wrote on their end. I'm so tired of getting the runaround. You spend $900.00 on a machine that you used less than taking your laundry to laundromat then they offer a 50$ voucher that was never received. I will never purchase an LG again. These are lemons and beware, don't buy. They are junk. Mine is a front load.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I've been married to my wife for 43 years and suddenly after buying the LG washing machine our clothes come out of the wash dirty. This has never happened before. LG is absolutely no help with the problem. Do not buy one of their washers, they are worthless. I have to rinse some of my clothes out by hand when they come out of the machine. Do not buy their products, expensive worthless pieces of equipment.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Totaled my rug and ruined thousands $$$: I got my washer with them saying it was the best. Obviously my old one would have been better to have kept. This one fell off the rotational hinges and spilled an entire cycle of water into my house. All I have to say is don’t buy one if you like your sanity. Definitely not a quality brand. There is obviously problems here and they say there is not.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

We purchased this front load washer September 11, 2018. We've been trying to get our washer fixed since Feb 1st 2019. LG tech came to our house, identified parts that were required. Said he would order them for overnight delivery and be back on Monday to install. Parts didn't arrive and we had to call repeatedly. He called finally to say the parts were on back order. Nothing happened so we began contacting LG customer service. We were told parts were ordered incorrectly then were told they were on back order and there was no delivery date. After numerous calls to LG customer service the parts showed up with overnight delivery. Same Tech shows up, installs parts (major parts like stator and main control board). Washer still doesn't work. We've talked to 2 supervisors and can't get a tech back to his. Then the fun began!

We have only been able to wash 2 towels at a time for months. LG Tech blamed us "wash loads are too small. You're causing this problem. Always wash 6 towels at a time". Of course it still didn't work. Then they offered a $50.00 voucher to go to the laundromat??? We've taken several days off work and LG solution is a voucher to the laundromat. Next time the LG tech came to our house. He said I was obviously using too much soap. He recommended tub clean cycle at least 4 times and using vinegar in two of those cycles. LG tech promised to return on Monday. Of course that didn't happen. LG customer service told us this is our fault and we have neglected taking care of our machine. Bottom line they will not honor the warranty. LG front load washer in my opinion are bad but LG customer service is horrible.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Using a LG washing machine is like having a full time job. It take 90 minutes on a good day to do a what they call a 57 minute wash cycle. I have spent as may as 4 hours trying to do a load of towels, finally had to remove half the load and start again. Machine has flooded my basement four times because the water doesn't shut off when done. You have to shut the water off during the spin cycle. During the spin cycle you have to stop and level the load several times. I would beat my clothes on a rock before I buy another LG washing machine.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I purchased an LG topload washer - model #WT7600HWA in September of last year. Immediately I noticed that the clothes came out dingy and old looking. In December I noticed that some sort of fibrous looking matter was on the clothes when I removed them from the washer. It has gotten progressively worse and my clothes are being ruined as I have to rinse them several times and I still can't get it all off. Since January I have made at least 12 calls to customer service, executive services and now have been bumped up to product specialists. I have had 4 service calls and spoken with the manager of the department in the retail store where we purchased the machine. The LG service man who was last here acknowledged that there was a problem as he actually saw it on my clothes but told me that he could find no source for it so LG wouldn't replace the machine.

I have documented with pictures and sent two letters with another going out today; have researched online and found complaints of the same thing happening to other people; and called my own appliance repair company that I have used on other appliances. They told me they had a customer with the exact same problem. They went out and took her machine apart and they were not able to find the source of the problem either. The matter that is left on the clothes looks like white/tan specks all of the clothes or it comes out in big streaks and smears. In my conversations with each and every department they have given me tasks and advice that contradict the information in their own product manual.

I have run tub clean per their instructions many times. With product; with bleach; without anything; have had our water tested and drained our hot water heater. All to no avail. I think the appliance is defective in some way and LG will not replace it. It is ruining my clothes. At this rate I will have to purchase a new washer and a new wardrobe!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

LG washers & dryers steel drum cracked and flooded my utility room, den area kitchen and two hallways in our home. Resolution dept/LG Risk Management Dept. tactics are unethical. The drum/tub is only partially plastic not steel. LG told me I had to get my homeowners insurance to pay for floor damage. They are awful. I contacted a number of appliance retailers and told my story and their reply was, "This is why we don't even carry LG." Their appliances are pretty but that's about all. Their appliance performance and dependability does not measure up in essence. Buyer beware with LG manufacturers!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

My washer smells bad. It is a top load. I hate that about my washer. I do clean as recommended. I hate the dryer too. It kicks off before cloth are dry. We have to remove the dry ones and restart. Not something you can do as a working mom. Place close in dryer before leaving for work. I hate my set.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I do not like the fact that keeping the washer door closed makes your washing machine stink plus your clothes. I won't buy a front loading washer ever again. Mildew on rubber gasket around door has to be wiped clean constantly... Never again!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I love this dryer! I like the flexibility of entering in the temp and length of cycle or just pick a cycle pre-set. But it takes a while to see which pre-set cycle will work. For instance, drying sheets on normal cycle isn't going to work. I select bulky and it gets the job done. We have had this machine for about three years now and have had no problems at all.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The washer has a sour smell in it. The little song that plays when your wash doesn't work and the dryer cuts off a lot. Leaving my clothes wet. I have been unhappy with this set since they were purchased. They were more expensive and was certainly not worth it. I would never buy this product again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This machine does not move clothes from the top to bottom and there have been times I take clothes out and there are dry areas - water hasn’t even touched those areas. Whatever is on the top stays there - just shifts from side to side unlike the video. I’ve watched it. It defeats the purpose of HE to use the water plus feature - it’s the only way clothes have a chance to get fully wet. I had a front loader previously for 10 years and wanted to give this a chance. It’s awful and an agitator machine is better than this. Extremely disappointed in LG. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Our LG clothes washer is consistently - awful! Clothes come out ‘stiff' and unwashed. For example, a folded handkerchief comes out of the wash still perfectly folded. Terrycloth towels come out stiff and scratchy instead of soft and relatively fluffy. Most of the time, some parts of a pair of pants, for example, are not even wet when the wash is done. The problem, I think, is lack of water. It is impossible to get enough water into the (front-loading) machine to properly wash clothes - even when the extra water option is used. Way back when I lived in military barracks and used front-loading washing machines, the water level was generally a third to half way up the front 'window'. Not so with this LG machine. I really regret buying it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I find the cycles take a long time to run through and the clothes are not always 'clean'. I have had to add extra cleaners to the washer to get large loads clean. When I add borax it doesn't always rinse out and I need to go back and rewash the load. The fact that it takes so long to do one large load is frustrating.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Within 2 years of purchasing our top-load (no center agitator) washer/dryer set, the metal around the bleach dispenser in the washer began to rust. We lifted the top of the washer and the entire bottom was rusted. It looks as if the underside of the washer top was not sealed properly from water damage. We found many other similar complaints online and contacted LG, only to be told that the rust is 'cosmetic'. Soon our bleach dispenser will be unusable. During a normal cycle, water runs through the bleach dispenser, so even if I stop using it for bleach, the rusty water will still enter the washer drum. There is no reality in which rust running into the washer should be considered 'cosmetic'.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Machine leaves fuzz and white streaks on clothes. Have tried to speak with LG. They have not helped. Horrible company. The promises made by call centers were lies. LG said that I wasn’t separating clothes properly. I’m 69 years old and have been doing laundry for over 50 years.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The people who sold me it promised to come fix it if I ever needed it, they lied. My dryer sucks, I have to run it twice just to get my clothes dried. Worse thing ever. Absolutely awful. I will never buy an LG again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Love my LG washer and dryer. The steam function on both has been a great way of taking care of wrinkles and freshness. The quick wash function is exactly that - super quick. I am pleased with how well it cleans all types of fabrics. My only criticism would be the sensor function on the dryer. It is the same complaint I have regarding all sensor type dryers though - they really don’t do a great job and you often come down to find the dryer off and the clothing still damp. The time dry function and personalized functions are very good though.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I am enjoying my LG washer. Have had little problems with it. Only concern is hat there are not any repair companies local that deal with LG. The one time I did have to call for a problem, it was obvious that the person was reading from a script. They could not offer any help or answer my questions. I ended up finding an answer to my problem online.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

LG top load, billed as innovative. Maybe it is. But it also does not get my clothes clean on any cycle or dirt level. Billed as easy to remove clothes. Nope, unless you're 5'4 minimum. At 5'2" & crippling back pain, this is a top 3 bad investment.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a top load LG washer and dryer about 5 years ago. The washer takes 3 times as long to complete cycles than it should. It begins to rinse and spin, then the UE signal comes on. After rebalancing the clothes the rinsing and spinning cycles begin again and the entire sequence happens over and over. I now have to manually wait for the spinning to almost finish then stop the cycle (this even happens with small loads so I am not overloading the washer). The washer has been balanced numerous times as well. If I don’t monitor the situation it can take over 2 1/2 hours for a simple load of laundry to finish. I have also noticed a foul smell at times which necessitates the use of bleach and/or Lysol for cleaning the tub. The dryer has been fine but the washer has been very disappointing and I’m sure has cost much more in utility bills due to unmonitored cycle times when I am not watching closely enough.

LG Washing Machines Company Information