2. Homeowners
LG Washing Machines

LG Washing Machines Reviews

4.0/5 (631 ratings)

About LG Washing Machines Reviews

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

LG Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

We have had our front load LG washer and dryer for about 15 years and have only had minor problems over the years. They were warrantied for 10 years but have outlasted the warranty by at least 5 years. The only problems were easily fixed by our appliance repair people.

Original review: July 31, 2021

So far, so good! This is a great combo and both have sanitizing cycles! It also thinks! Does a great job! High efficiency and senses the amount of items in the tub! It doesn't have the agitator and that's just fine! Blankets, quilts, heavy towels go in without issues. As for the dryer, I have a choice on how to open the loading door! Either to the right? Or towards the floor! From the top of the door, down! I've heard people criticize LG but I've never been happier with my Washer and Dryer. I love my LGs!!!!

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Numerous features such as dryer door can be left or right opening, wifi support with an app that tracks washer/dryer status and when to run the cleaning cycle. The set is large (5.4 and 5.7 cu ft) allowing me to run large loads without a hitch.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have owned my LG washer and dryer for about a year. Both have extraordinary capacity. Washed a full size down duvet without issue The washer adjusts water to load size and uses the least amount of water needed. I do not understand how it cleans perfectly using so little water. The dryer uses a cool setting for normal. Heavier fabrics come out damp and need an extra dry cycle to finish. Towels dry completely on the "heavy duty" cycle. Wrinkling is not a problem.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

We are but a 2 person family, so don't run a lot of wash cycles. Perhaps if we were the average family the unit would have broken down within the 1 year warranty. That being said LG customer support declined to offer any assistance when a major component in the drive system failed. Conveniently the part is not covered under the 10 drive warranty. What a surprise, any chance that LG knew this was the weak link in the chain when writing the Warranty Exclusions? The cost to have the failed part serviced was close to $500.00. Taught us an invaluable lesson. Steer clear of any product with LG on it. If they have such low expectations of their own products it should be a warning to we the consumer.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I bought 2!!!! stacked washer and dryers. It came with no parts to change it from shipping to useable! I have been waiting weeks and weeks for LG to send me the parts. My machines are just sitting here. The co. I bought it from and LG are blaming each other and no one will just send the parts. The LG book says DO NOT USE if you don't have these parts. But they won't send them or pick them up and let me get a set that has the parts. I have been on hold with customer service of LG for 2+ hours 3 times and they say they will send them and then don't! This is the biggest joke. I am stuck with two machines that don't work. NEVER PURCHASE LG unless you are good with a product that just sits there because once you pay not their issue.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I’m writing about my disgusting experience with LG in regards to my washer WM4370HKA. I’ve had issues that started only within months of the purchase of this brand new washer. And the first technician that showed up was in DEC of last year, replaced parts and several weeks later the issue occurred once again. Repeatedly my washer doesn’t complete cycles and gets stuck with soaked laundry. It doesn’t clean properly and the clothes never come out smelling fresh. December, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, I’ve had more than 3 technicians come to diagnose and attempts to fix the issue. They say they will be calling me back to replace parts but no one does.

The issue is still ongoing and LG is denying me any service and has not agreed to my request for a replacement. I’m now ashamed to say that almost all my home appliances are LG because this type of service or lack of, shouldn’t happen. They don’t make you feel like a person, and they will do anything to deny you service. They don’t want to acknowledge that the machine is faulty. 1500 dollars and not even 6 months and it’s giving me hell.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Although LG might make quality products, the dryer unit is too small and not tall enough, no pedestal, which requires bending down. Washer drum is huge, but too deep for my short stature. Instructions for liquid & powder use are not clear. Keeping units clean is a challenge.

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2021

This have been a stressful ordeal, the machine was fixed the pump was damage by unknown metal pieces, A&E came out twice to check machine and order part. Issues along the way was nobody could advise us when it would arrive. Many calls to many different people at LG. Would buy a different brand next time it breaks.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Model number wt7100cw top loader bought less than 6 months prior started with grinding noises, then stopped in mid wash. Called 1st Home depot, they told me call LG. Called them to send a tech. Next day. 20 minutes before said time I a text. That they was not coming. So call lg back then spend over 2hours on the phone and 4 different people, finally get a text for a appointment the following day. Next day tech arrives. Only problem is the pulls a piece of metal out and blames us for it being damages. Says he will be back in a week to fix with new pump. One the metal the metal looks like it came from something inside the washing machine...not happy with the phone service or the tech. Lg should recall this unit. Replace it with one that last more than 6 months.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Updated on 07/02/2021: This is review number 3. LG replaced parts twice then went off. Warranty says not their problem. Even told tech to glue part onto inside of washer. Extended warranty through Lowe's. Says not their problem with either. Despite their warranty saying it will be restored to or a operating condition if it has failed due to defects in material. Gee thought I got paid $900 for a washing machine not a towel shredder. Could have done that on my own. Tech told me LG knows there is a problem but doesn't know how to fix it. My take is lg doesn't want to spend any money to redesign the piece so clothes are not getting caught in between the little plastic knob at the bottom of the tub. No need for LG to respond since they are not going to do anything about it anyways.

Updated on 06/30/2021: Which consumer affairs would fix it so I can write a second note. So here goes. It's going to be a toss up somebody going to pay. Might I contemplate about taking all my towels that this washing machine tore up. And send part to or all to LG and drop part or all at Lowe's. LG spent hours on phone with them after making an appointment and no one's showing up or calling. Called again more hours. Called Lowe's. They scheduled an appointment. (With the same company that LG sent out the tech that I have been texting me tells me they are closed on that day the appointment.)

Original Review: Complained to LG about washer tearing up to towels. Sent tech out who called company and explained problem. He was told put glue on the center piece. Two weeks later tech came out replaced center piece. Scared of covid I didn't call back for a while. The other piece messed up and continued to mess up and the tech put water proof tape inside. The piece continues to mess my towels up. No towels left. So upset about $1000 washer took for granted that the other problems have to wash some clothes twice.

Only cycle to work is bedding cycle that will not tear towels up. It appears the turbo cycle throws the clothes against the middle. The plastic piece in the middle grabs a hold to towels and shreds them so the middle has had shredded threads wrapped around it. LG needs to stick to making phones. Was excited to hear about all the new fangle things the washer could do. Now just wish it would quit pretending to be a washer. Wish I had kept my old washer that was on its last legs. Now my worst fear is coming true. My dry is having to pick up all the hair and dirt the washer is getting.

LG Washing Machines Company Information