Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
LG Washing Machines
1.93/5

LG Washing Machines Reviews

Boasting plenty of room, smart features and eye-catching style, LG refrigerators are packed with the latest innovations and come in a variety of styles. LG offers a complete collection of refrigerators, including counter-depth, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, top-freezer and door-in-door styles. Find your fridge today and be sure to see all of our elegant home and kitchen appliances, including innovative cooking appliances, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more. With LG Home Appliances you'll get the performance, style and energy efficiency you need to create the home you’ve always wanted.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2379 LG Washing Machines Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We purchased a LG front load washer about ten years ago and it has performed flawlessly. I did a good bit of research before buying this washing machine. I wanted a direct drive and not a belt driven machine so as to not have to worry about a belt wearing out. As far as the musky smell a lot of people complain about with front load machines, all you need to do is leave the door open a few inches so the moisture can evaporate and we have never had a problem. Our LG machine cleans our clothes very nicely and with the high speed spin our clothes come out with very little moisture in them.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

In July of 2019 I purchased an LG Direct Drive top load washer and matching dryer. This set performs much as my last set (Kenmore front loader) did but they are noisy, especially the washer which has a persistent loud squeak. I don't notice any difference between the front and top loader as far as cleaning, but this top loader fits a lot more in it, big quilts included. Occasionally the clothes come out with white stuff on them and I have to rinse and spin again - no idea why this happens or the squeak, neither of which happens when a service man is present. There are plenty of setting options to choose from on both units, but I wish they had 'small load' options. They look great and work well but I'm not sure I'd buy them again.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The 2 issues we’ve had in 4 1/2 years of ownership are: an occasional water leak at the bottom of the washer and sometimes needing two drying cycles to dry heavy items such as bath towels and jeans. For the latter, we sometimes dry only 4-5 items at a time and they dry out okay but for the washer I’ve tightened water hose connectors and sometimes there are no problems, other times when we’re washing full loads, the leaking occurs. Otherwise we’ve had no issues where the washer or dryer stopped working or was malfunctioning, so generally we’re satisfied with the LG’s overall performance.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was so happy to get a new washer and dryer after about 10 years with my old set. I purchased the LG large capacity set. The washer was a front load. At first things went well, then little by little I began to notice our clothes came out smelling unclean. Regardless of the detergent, softener, etc, it made no difference. The energy saving, low level of water, simply means your clothes will slosh around in a small amount of dirty water, and then rinse with a small amount of water. There is nothing clean about that! When we sold our home I let the set go with the house, vowing to never purchase a front load HE washer again. The dryer was great.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

We just got this machine in last Friday. After doing a few loads over the weekend, I was wondering if there was something wrong. The black control panel is very hard to read! It has gray lettering on a black background. I called LG to see if there was a backlight that wasn't working, and was told that there is no backlight. Seems to me that LG has mad a very basic design error with the panel. It should have white lettering, as do most other machines with this type of panel. I actually made myself a vinyl overlay with white lettering to make it more usable for myself. Something that LG needs to address ASAP!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Bought a top loader January 2018. Washer was no problem, on September 12, 2019 I hear this loud bang! No idea where it came from. Went to get clothes out to put in dryer and there’s the agitator flipped up on the side of washer!! Completely snapped from base!!! The only thing in there were 2 shirts, 2 shorts and 4 socks. The washer is a little over a year old. This is a complete joke! Beware!! After reading how LG responses to others and the $$ to fix their products is absurd. Please beware if you buy this washer. Not made well at all!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We purchased a model WM3270CW Front Loader washer from Best Buy on 06/25/18. This machine was only used very carefully in our home. After washing a small load of pillow cases and face cloths I removed them and dried them in the dryer. About two hours later, on 8/30/19, we were sitting in another room of our condo and heard a loud crash. I walked around trying to find the location of the noise. It had come from the washer. The glass on the door had imploded into the machine tub. The door was ajar for air circulation so some of the shards also were on the floor of the laundry room. About an hour later there was another loud sound. This time the outer edges of the part of the door that had landed into the tub exploded off.

After various calls to LG and lots of conversations to try to get rid of me, I was told that they were referring this problem to their "safety department". They kept promising return calls within 24 to 48 hours but they never came. I finally was given a case number and was connected to their Escalation Team Department. This last conversation resulted in a visit from a technician from A&E Factory services on Sept. 10. He informed us that there is no record at LG of a door ever imploding. He said that LG believes we hit the door or caused the problem ourselves. We did not hit the door. No one in our home hit the door and there is no way that we caused the problem. We did not cause the glass to implode!

We are fortunate that there was no one in the room to be injured by the flying glass when the door imploded. I believe this machine needs to be recalled. There is a serious safety issue here that LG is not willing to recognize. Thank you for reading this. As you can see I am very upset. LG is really just trying to get rid of me and my complaint. They said this has never happened before. Now my online research has proved that this has happened to other people with LG machines. I am concerned about even using this model LG if it is ever repaired. We had a previous LG Front Loader for 8 years and had to replace it because of leaking and mold. I still have the dryer and bought this one so it would look almost the same as the dryer.

We were told that the mold issue has been taken care of with the way to keep the door ajar. It is much newer and is obviously not as well built even though the other one had several bad issues such as mold and leaking. I would never buy another LG appliance. The company does not want to know that there is a fault with this current washer. Someone could have been seriously injured.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Overall this is a great washing machine and works as expected. I purchased this washer 12/16. The plastic housing has developed cracks on the inside where the wash drum is, more of a structural thing and not mechanical. Contacted LG and they stated only the Direct Drive Motor was under any warranty, 10 yr warranty. I explained that if the washer housing was falling apart around the drive motor what use would the motor be. They offered a one time warranty that would have to be reviewed by their underwriters. I received a call several days later stating it would not be replaced. Just want to let others know to look for these cracks/flaws after a few years of use. Weak plastic housing and poor quality control. I will not be replacing or purchasing any LG products in the future.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

In just six years, this machine completely rusted through to the point in incontinence, leaking like a sieve. After six years of chewing my pants legs to shreds, we had this abomination removed in favor of another (Superior) brand. On the way out, this piece of crap dropped approximately one half pound of rust and some formerly steel plates that fell off after having turned to rust. All moisture causing this came from within the cabinet of the machine, the Laundry Room is well ventilated. I won’t trust LG on ANY products they sell ever again. Original price was slightly north of $600 and was sold by Lowe’s.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

This machine is suppose to be load sensing, but this function causes the washer to stop 5 or 6 times during the spin cycle. You have to manually rearrange the clothes, and even that doesn’t work sometimes. Whites, towels and jeans are the worse to try to wash.

LG Washing Machines Company Information