LG Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Dishwasher

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I wanted to purchase all the same appliances for my remodeled kitchen. Big mistake, I will never buy a LG dishwasher or recommend ever again. Had trouble since the first day I used it. Does not get dishes clean and the control board took a crap immediately. Pure junk.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Maggie. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I purchased 4 of the LG Studio line for my new kitchen. Gas Stove, Microwave, Dishwasher, and refrigerator. 1st use of Dishwasher and it did not clean. Then the items I left in for the next wash, grew BLACK MOLD. There is always moisture in the dishwasher, even day after running it, and I have to leave the door ajar to help it dry. If I shut the door, BLACK MOLD grows.

The microwave turntable rattles so loud it can be heard over the normal microwave sounds. The gas stove is often unresponsive. The buttons on the front do not always work and I have had to pull it out from the wall to unplug it and plug it back in to get them to work. It is very random and I have not been able to figure out a pattern of use that causes it to malfunction.

I put in 3 service requests to have these repaired. I'm entering the 3rd month and they STILL have not been to my home. LG sent this to a 3rd party Vendor AE FACTORY. They have left partial emails telling me to call them and then they do NOT answer their phone. I have spent even more time contacting LG Customer Service, who has done nothing to help. They have no control over their 3rd party repair vendors, and no supervisor will ever get on the phone or call me back. DO yourself a favor, go with a different brand!

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Stacy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I purchased an LG Dishwasher 1 1/2 ago. My selection was based on price, look and features. So far, I can honestly say that it has been the WORSE dishwasher I ever owned. It looks very nice with the hidden panel, however, the options on that panel are only there for decoration; it makes no difference what option you select. Some of the dishes come out dirty, especially utensils which are neatly placed in the top drawer and well spaced. There is no drying cycle; dishwasher is completely wet hours after the cycle has ended regardless of the option selected. The biggest problem is the smell; this dishwasher smells SO, SO bad all the time. I cleaned the filter at the bottom but it made no difference. Technically, this dishwasher should last me many years, however, due to the poor performance, I will have to replace soon with a new one and for sure, I will never purchase an LG product ever again.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Isabelle. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Back in about June of 2017 my husband and I purchased a new stove, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. As of today, August 14th, 2020, we have had to purchase a new dishwasher, which we waited about 6 months for the so-called part to come in, which ultimately did not fix the problem. By that time we were so fed up with LG, we said forget and purchased a different brand. Next is our stove, ha! The stainless steel has scratches and the black flat top is terrible looking, oh and the self cleaner is a joke!

On to the refrigerator. We have had a technician out 5 times to troubleshoot the ice maker. Today, realized the compressor is now bad and are waiting for a new one to come in. Lastly, the microwave lights stopped working almost immediately. We thought at first it was some kind of energy saver since they would go off and on periodically. Unfortunately, it was yet another defect in our LG bundle of crap. We will NEVER purchase LG products again.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Heidi. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

DO NOT buy an LG product. I purchased an LG dishwasher 3 ½ years ago on sale for $429.00. Model LDF7774ST. It quit working the other day due to the main control board going bad. If you google this model and problem, it was a common failure on this model and others. Good news is, the warranty covers the circuit boards for 5 years, but doesn’t include labor. So, I called to schedule a warranty service call.

Here’s where it gets ridiculous. First, you have to pay $125.00 up front just to reserve a service appointment. Then, as it was explained, if the problem was due to something other than a warrantied part, the labor charge would be between $65.00 and $175.00, plus the part, plus the $125.00 service fee. But, if it was the bad circuit board, the part would be covered, but there was a flat labor charge of $250.00, plus the $125.00 service fee, for a total of $375.00. I could not believe my ears, so I called back a little later, spoke to a different person, and was quoted the same amounts. I am not going to pay $375.00 for a $400.00 dishwasher, and will NEVER buy an LG product again.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Kevin. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I'm not much of a reviewer, and I usually do not post negative reviews, but this is a case of caveat emptor - Please be aware of what you are getting into. This is not a manufacturer that stands behind its products. Buy this product if you think you are lucky, or do not particularly value your time. Vote with your pockets if you think companies should be held accountable for the products they sell. Item was purchased Nov 2017. Great item, while it worked, but 4 months after manufacturer's 2 year warranty expired, I ran into the following issues:

(a) Faulty control panel - Lights blink and/or buttons inoperative.
(b) GFCI trips - So an electrocution hazard?
(c) 20 Amp circuit breaker trips - Wow! So a fire hazard? The first one is known issue with poor water insulation on the circuit board, but LG customer care would not take responsibility (Many posts on Reddit - Should have been a recall, but isn't). 2 weeks later:
(d) Door lock switch failed in closed position with contents locked in. I had to get a technician. $511 in repairs. And barely a week later:
(e) Machine self reported HE error - either thermostat, or water heater is broken.

(f) Water leak due to failed rubber seal on lower part of door panel.

Through this all, I've kept LG informed - turns out these issues are not all that uncommon. LG's only response was that I was out of warranty and so it was (I paraphrase) not their concern. LG insists that the item must be diagnosed by their "authorized technicians". I live in the SF/Bay area - There are only 4 shops authorized, and none would take my call! Life is too short to spend fixing broken appliances, or dealing with "customer care" that just doesn't "care").

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Amit. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: July 23, 2020

I bought an LG dishwasher based on the positive reviews, however, 18 months in, it quit and the faulty part is not covered under any warranty. So my $700 dishwasher (got it on sale so that was good) is now a $1200 dishwasher. It's large and cool, but in my opinion not worth $1200. LG knows this part fails, the repair tech showed us how the panel fails due to the heat and moisture that gets in it, and the replacement part has an epoxy coating that keeps it from doing that. But instead of recalling and replacing the part they KNOW will fail, they make you get the repair BY A LICENSED LG REPAIR PERSON ONLY, and pay for it. Pretty shoddy workmanship and poor customer service. We will NEVER buy ANY LG product again.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Kim. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: July 16, 2020

My dishwasher started beeping and turning off mid cycle. This dishwasher is only a year old. I also have noticed more people have the same issue with dishwashers from LG. I Paid too much money for to be experiencing this after a year of use.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Racheal. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 22, 2020

We purchased our first LG Dishwasher in September of 2018. Within a few months it quit working. Had a repair company come out and replace the control panel. The repairman told us that these Dishwashers are known for bad control panels, because they get wet... What? It's a Dishwasher, of course it gets wet. Here we are again less than 2 years old and won't power on again, obviously another control panel. We are out of warranty and out of luck! Horrible.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Shelley. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: June 18, 2020

Does a decent job washing dishes but unit is very noisy. Supposed to be at 48 decibels but this unit is much louder than that. Front touch pad is extremely sensitive. Just brushing against it starts the washer. Upper rack also is rusting after only 10 months usage. Dealer through which it was purchased has gone out of business so I am waiting for LG to get back to me as to if they are going to repair. Says right in the manual that racks have a 5 year warranty. Don't know what all the delay is about. The reason I purchased unit was because of the excellent refrigerator we purchased. Will think twice in the future.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Rod. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: May 26, 2020

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND LG PRODUCTS TO ANYONE EVER AGAIN. Within 2 years our dishwasher powered off one day in the middle of a rinse cycle. Turns out it was because water was spilled into the dishwasher from the outside counter that's sits on top of the dishwasher. That should never happen. If water spills in from the counter being wet, it should never cause an entire machine to just power down. Appliances today are not made like they were back in the 80s.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Carmela. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you

LG

Original review: May 22, 2020

Updated on 05/30/2020: As I stated in previous review this dishwasher has a manufacturing problem and LG refuses to do anything because it been too long!! It was made without railing on the bottom and that's why the basket keeps falling inside the machine. To refresh, they sent me about a year ago 2 new baskets, which of course didn't help. I don't know anything about machinery so I wasn't aware of the problem.

A very nice problem resolver named Sean called and took pictures and told me what the problem was in the manufacturing and that he would resolve my problem and would be calling me in 1 HOUR. Well, it's been 5 days and NO CALL!! Each time I have called customer service for an update they get snooty with me and keep giving me the run around. I WILL NOT be purchasing anymore LG products they do not stand by their products. For Sean who said he would help go to hell!!

Original Review: LG makes an excellent washer with the exception of my lower basket. From day one I've had a problem with it and LG sent me another one and it lasted less than 1 year. The bottom basket falls off the runner constantly and I am a senior that would prefer not to have to lift the entire basket filled with dishes to try to push it backside the washer. The model # is LDT9965BD and I bought it a Best Buy and Best Buy refused to help me. So I've had this washer for 3 years and everyday the same problem. If I could buy another dishwasher I would. Also the things on the top and bottom move and I have to keep adjusting them and the utensil holder is a problem as it breaks apart and now is permanently broken. I could live with the others things. It's the bottom basket running off the rails everyday that is challenging. LG will not resolve this issue so I live with this aggravation on a daily basis.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Lydia. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I cannot wait to buy a new dishwasher. This LG inverter direct drive DOES NOT dry dishes, glasses, utensils, nothing really. Water is often left standing on the top of dishes and glasses. The smell coming from the dishwasher is something I've been working hard to get rid of to no avail. Bleach, vinegar, you name it, doesn't fix it. As of lately, my dishes are not coming out clean either. I always rinse my dishes/utensils before placing them in the dishwasher. I actually questioned myself if I even ran the dishwasher because of how dirty they came out-and it did run! At this point, I'd rather just hand wash my dishes to know they are actually clean and don't come out smelling terrible. The only plus to this dishwasher, is that it is quiet. I'd take a louder dishwasher that actually does its job over this quiet one!

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Emily. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 16, 2020

I have Model ldt5665st. It installed easy, looks great. When it works it does an ok job with everything but drying. I did say WHEN it does work. The button panel will stop working. Usually I have to go down, turn off the breaker over night, turn back on in the morning and it will work. I had the install company come out a few times and power is going to it as required. It seems to do this every few months and as soon as I start making appointments it starts working again. Now here I am having to cook more because of the lock down, dishwasher not working and no service calls are being made. This is the 3rd LG Appliance I have bought in 8 years and all of them so far have needed to be replaced far before what I would expect a normal time frame. If you buy one, and they offer an extended warranty, TAKE IT! You will need it.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Steve. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: April 7, 2020

In October of 2019 I purchased a full suite of LG appliances, refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer. All purchased from and installed by Best Buy. I really like all the appliances and they all seem to perform well, with the exception of the dishwasher. I have a constant and ongoing problem with it draining. This problem appeared within the first month. Best Buy came out and could not replicate the problem. In January the same problem again. Best Buy replaced the drain pump. That lasted less than one week. By this point Best Buy was no longer off in home service appointments because of the Covid-19 thing.

I went to the LG web. Requested a repair. The service responded the next day, came out a determined a new control board was needed. A week later they came out to replace it. That lasted 4 days. I am now once again without a dishwasher. I've again requested service from LG but have yet to hear back, that was yesterday. Today I called your 800 number and ended up hanging up on your representative because of the poor service offered by her. It's time you replace this dishwasher, as I am tired of having to arrange my schedule to fit in repairs that last less than a week.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Richard. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: April 2, 2020

I was very excited and purchased all brand new LG appliances in late 2016 after purchasing a new home. The dishwasher has 3 racks and after 4 months the top brackets are supposed to be adjustable and do not stay upright. They are supposed to clip into brackets and have come apart. In addition, there are 6 spots on the upper and lower rack that have been burned and are completely falling apart. This was a very high end dishwasher and will not buy another LG. My brand new stainless French door refrigerator with 2 freezer drawers is also a disappointment. The side areas have broken apart and I have taped them together. Very poor design as it only holds very few items that are tall like milk gallons.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Lisa. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 29, 2020

We purchase the LG Dishwasher in 2016 along with a refrigerator. The 29.7 Cu ft refrigerator is great, the dishwasher is good, but the lower rack comes off the rails it runs on and gets sideways in the washer. When it is full, you must literally pick it up and place it back on the rails it runs on. When it is empty you still have to place it back on the rails, but it is easier for my wife to handle. We are looking for a new dishwasher in our Florida home. When we saw the LG at Home Depot, I tried every dishwasher to see if the rack would fall off. The only one that did fall off was the LG. The other dishwasher had plastic "bumpers" the kept it from falling off. I would love to have a fix for our 4 year old dishwasher.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Tom. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you

LG

Original review: March 22, 2020

I have had this dishwasher in to get repaired twice. Both time it's cost me around $700 NZD to fix. I'm not going to go into it a lot but just to say both times while the Tech had it for repair they would run it for testing and it would come up with other problems, so it took about two months to get back. It now has this IE error and opening and closing the door every time use to fix it and it would complete. It's an inlet error. I have checked the hoses etc. This time it will not carry on, so my only options now after spending its value on repairs is to cut my losses and stop throwing money at it and buy a replacement.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello David. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I love my dishwasher. If I could change one thing, it's the extra dry mode. It doesn't completely dry the dishes. It's a beautiful machine and so quiet. Does a great job! Even on tough, stuck on foods! I don't even have to pre-clean!

Original review: March 20, 2020

The LG dishwasher is the best dishwasher I have used so far. The dishwasher has a wide LED which allows me to check the status and the remaining time of the washer. It has longer and wider space between the compartments which allows the washing of big pots and any shape of plates. The noise levels are low which has always been a concern for me.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I heard LG was a great brand but I beg to differ. The top rack items never dry even with the drying cycle. It’s hard to fit different sized plates in the racks as they are. Bottom rack has an adjustable rack to fit large items.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Linda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 17, 2020

Should have researched better. This dishwasher sucks! Very low dish capacity. Thought we were getting a deal on it. Only thing we got a deal on was price. It was cheap, but not worth the money. It's loud and frankly, does not do a very good joy drying the dishes either.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Klaus. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 16, 2020

Dishes do not completely dry, especially on the quick cycle. Water is left standing on the bottom of glasses. Even running full cycle, they do not dry completely. The silverware rack does a good job, but had to get a separate basket for odd items. Dishes must be put in the lower rack up front, due to folding tines in the back, will not stay up with dishes, glasses covering the times works well.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Joseph. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: March 15, 2020

This dishwasher was the first LG appliance I ever purchased. I've had it for many years and it's still running great. It has wonderful features like "delicate" cycle (for China) and adjustable racks - both for height and for items you might have to put into them. Even the flatware basket is well designed.

Original review: March 14, 2020

My LG is a built-in model; it's set into an island next to the sink. The whole island gets warm while it's running because the venting is inadequate, especially while drying. The choice of settings is really helpful.

Original review: March 14, 2020

The dishwasher is very quiet and washes well but takes a long time to go through the cycle. There are numerous cycles to choose from. A screen at the bottom of the DW is easily removed to dispose of food particles.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Purchased from Karl's TV and appliance. Pricing, knowledgeable, professional and friendly. All appliances were delivered the following day and everything was hooked up properly. I was pleased to learn that I didn't receive the microwave that I purchased (out of stock) was replaced with an upgrade at no additional charge

Original review: March 10, 2020

There is always a better one but the normal common person cannot afford it. Does a good job if you always use the proper detergents and the amount as required and do not overload. The drying cycles could be a bit longer.

Original review: March 9, 2020

After having three consecutive Whirlpool dishwashers delivered damaged, we decided to try the latest LG dishwasher. Now that we have used the LG for a month, we are so happy we changed to LG. Solid quality, quiet, more internal room, and looks great in stainless!

Original review: March 8, 2020

The appliances in my kitchen, dishwasher, stove and refrigerator, are all solid black and not stainless steel black and LG. My dishwasher has a stainless steel interior and is extremely quiet. When the cover is over the sink where the disposal connected as well as the dishwasher it can not be heard at all, absolutely no sound. It is a Direct Drive system which has various wash cycles, sanitary, extra dry, extra rinse and delay cycle. It also has a child lock which I found useful around my grandchildren. I would strongly recommend the dishwasher if you have small children.

LG Dishwashers Company Information