LG Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About LG Dishwasher

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 9, 2020

After having three consecutive Whirlpool dishwashers delivered damaged, we decided to try the latest LG dishwasher. Now that we have used the LG for a month, we are so happy we changed to LG. Solid quality, quiet, more internal room, and looks great in stainless!

Original review: March 8, 2020

The appliances in my kitchen, dishwasher, stove and refrigerator, are all solid black and not stainless steel black and LG. My dishwasher has a stainless steel interior and is extremely quiet. When the cover is over the sink where the disposal connected as well as the dishwasher it can not be heard at all, absolutely no sound. It is a Direct Drive system which has various wash cycles, sanitary, extra dry, extra rinse and delay cycle. It also has a child lock which I found useful around my grandchildren. I would strongly recommend the dishwasher if you have small children.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I have a maid who washes the utensils but I still got a dishwasher so that her absence would not be an issue. Pros : most of the glassware gets cleans really well; utensils feel more hygienic. Cons : you still need to pre-wash vessels, remove all leftovers, and then put in the dishwashers; steelware does not feel so clean at times; I am scared to put in plastic due to heating.

Original review: March 6, 2020

My dishes are "squeaky" clean!!! Extremely quiet dishwasher with many options. Cycle can run just over 3 hours, but I finally got it set to run just over 2 hours. Don't know how I did it though. Holds a large capacity of items. Adjustable height upper shelf. I highly recommend this LG dishwasher!!!

Original review: March 5, 2020

The small rope that connect to springs that keep the door up have broken twice. The wheels on the racks have broken and it smells terrible. I tried to disassemble the drain filter but was not successful.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Linda. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Resolution response: March 10, 2020

Turns out the repairmen, Toby, checked the microswitch before ordering new parts. This was the problem and it appears he fixed it! He did a test and no error code appeared. Thank you very much to Toby for his diligence! Yay!!!

Original review: March 4, 2020

First soap dispenser did not work - 1st service call. 2nd service call - Sparks flew when replacing soap dispenser. Next, Error code nE, soap dispenser still didn’t work. 3rd service call. Parts ordered, 4th service call - replaced Vario motor & wiring harness, fixed soap dispenser. Next error code nE still occurs. 5th service call. Repairman called LG to diagnose, want to replace sump housing. We have no patience left. Each part replacement leads to another one. It’s a lemon and we want a new dishwasher.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Mike. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Save your money. Do not buy LG appliances. We spent almost $1000 on a dishwasher in May 2019. By November 2019 the motor was going, as explained to us by an LG service/ repairman. Called the Corp office in AL they told us to buy a new DW and they would send a third party vendor out to pick up the damaged DW and reimburse use the purchase price, NOT the delivery and installation fees. We purchased another more expensive dishwasher, not LG, and put the old one in our garage.

After a zillion phone calls the DW was picked up in January! We were told the check was in the mail. Since no check has arrived, a call was made AGAIN to LG Corp. Advised they still don’t have the DW!! Obviously the check in the mail was a lie!! Called the fulfillment center who advised DW has not been picked up yet by FedEx, even though it was picked up at our house on 1/22!! It is now 2/10, about 3 months since this nightmare started and we are out $2000 for purchasing 2 dishwashers????

LG Dishwashers response
We are so sorry for the delay in receiving a refund. We would be happy to take a look at your case to see how we can best assist with getting this resolved quickly. For assistance, please contact our Customer Support by any of the below options:
Phone: 1-800-243-0000
LiveChat: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chatbot
Email: https://www.lg.com/us/support/email-appointment
Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA/

Twitter DM: @LGUS

The LG Community Forum is also a great resource for getting help from other LG customers: https://lgcommunity.us.com/ ^CP

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I had a an old Kenmore dishwasher that lasted some 20+ years. It worked great but after so much use (twice a day!), I had to replace this 'n that on it but overall it was awesome! The end came when we were no longer able to buy the electronic board to operate (most of the repairs/replacement we did on our own, following the schematics and watching Youtube video instructions). Alas, finally, it died and the search was on for a new dishwasher. I read many reviews and settled on the LG. That was my first mistake. The LG was installed 6.18.18 (model #LDT7808ST). I was very excited to have a new, modern dishwasher after all these years! It was sadly short lived. Just a few short months later, I was sick of hearing the 'bing bing bing' that goes off to alert the user of escaping steam. Except there wasn't any escaping steam.

When the repairman came out ($150), he told me it was a problem with this model in that the steam created was leeching into the electronics and causing the board to short out, thus the 'bing bing bing' noises. He replaced the board with a newly designed board to alleviate this issue that LG knew about. Finally the sound stopped and all was well. Except a few months later the binging began again. During the interim, I found on two different occasions, small chunks of black rubber. Now what?? I searched inside the dishwasher but couldn't find anything...until yesterday. Now I realize it's part of the cowling that feeds water inside the tub.

Unfortunately in order to see exactly what's going on with it, I have to figure out how to remove the lower water arm. And because this cowling has become unstable, it's blocking the arm from turning freely. So now I have a lower armature that is half-way turning and binging and bonging and dishes that are being poorly washed. COLOR ME DONE! DO NO BUY THIS BRAND DISHWASHER!! I paid over $1,000 and it's falling apart after a year and a half. LG brags that the motor has a ten year warranty. That is little value when the rest of the machine is falling apart before a year is even over!

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Nancy. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

We purchased an LG dishwasher from Home Depot as part of a package for a kitchen remodel this summer. The dishwasher has been worthless. The only way to get clean dishes out of it is to wash them thoroughly by hand before loading... Add to that occasional flooding on the kitchen floor and a really unpleasant smell when the door is opened and you can see why I give this product one star. How I wish I had seen all these comments earlier. They certainly don't bode well for me getting any kind of customer satisfaction from LG.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Gail. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

We bought an LG appliance package from Best Buy for our new house in 2015. Two years after, the refrigerator quit cooling and cost $600 to fix. We had no refrigerator for 2 weeks while waiting for repairmen to come out and then to order a part and return to fix it. Repairman told us the part he fixed had failed on many refrigerators - evidently a problem with the part. Four years after purchase, the dishwasher developed a drain problem and had to be fixed twice. This was $400 to fix, plus we had to do without the dishwasher for a total of about a month

I spent at least 30 minutes on the phone to Customer Service and spoke to “Corey” in executive services. He was unsympathetic and not inclined to help me at all. He offered no relief or compensation. He actually told me the new electronic appliances are not made to last. Very frustrating and disappointing. There are only two of us in the house, we are senior citizens, on fixed incomes, and we don’t abuse our appliances. Very frustrating.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Purchased the LG Direct drive dishwasher. Stainless steel with all the bells and whistles. 1 year after purchase, I received an error code on the machine, stating it's retaining water/moisture. Called LG Customer service provider. They walked me through the steps to fix this issue. Two weeks after this issue the machine made some very loud noises, along with showing another code. This time it was the motor that had gone out on it. I was told I needed to send receipt, as I refused to pay for service. Keep in mind it had water issues already. So I sent the receipt, and they fought me, along with denying my claim. It didn't stop there. I finally got someone out here from LG to fix for free, after a lot of time on the phone, and no use of dishwasher for 2 weeks. The repair man came out. He was very rude. Along with tipping dishwasher and spilling water all over new floor.

Well my problems did not stop there. It's only been 2 weeks since fixed, and it's showing the error code for water /moisture again. Little did we know the first error code was leaking water under my new floor. I've called LG Customer service again and got the run around. The service rep also told me this is a known fact about the machine, and there have been issues with it. It's been 3 days and no one has reached out. But here's the worst part of all this. My floor has now been tore up, and restoration has come out due to the known issues, and all the water that has leaked out under my floor. My homeowner's now has to get rid of water and replace the whole floor. My machine still sits in kitchen broke and not usable. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS UNIT.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We have been using our new LG dishwasher approximately four weeks so I have actually turned it on about 5 times. Went to use it today and door would not close. When I did get it closed I could not open it. It was stuck. Husband finally got it open. Latch is defective. So when repairman comes Wednesday to fix my leaking (new) LG fridge guess he’ll be repairing a dishwasher also.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My dishwasher is not heavily used (6x/week) and within 18 months of owning it the stainless finish on the control panel (around the "POWER") button started to wear off. I was told this was outside the warranty period and could pay to replace the door (for essentially 1/4 of the price I paid for the dishwasher). The dishwasher has been fine, not spectacular (the dishes are often still wet after drying overnight, I have tried every combination of drying cycles to improve this). Overall very disappointed in the quality of the dishwasher, won't be buying an LG product again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Control panel died two months after the one year warranty expired. According to repairman, this is very common, as the control panel is not sealed properly and water gets in and destroys the electronics. LG refuses to warranty it, even though electronics are supposedly warrantied for five years.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Will never invest in an LG product of any kind! Bought one of LG’s high-end dishwashers (model LDP6797BD) less than 2 years ago for its quiet running, nice bells and whistles (including WiFi access), and 5 year warranty for electronics. A few days ago the LED display started going on/off, dancing through all the readouts, beeping, and displaying what appeared to be an error code (“L2”) but wasn’t. We called for warranty repairs with a local authorized technician. He calls LG and they tell him it's hardware (user interface board), not software (which clearly it was). Minimum repair cost, $285 (included the $85 service call).

I call LG to explain why it’s the software and should be under warranty. LG’s Customer Service agrees it could be electronics and will dispatch their factory technician for $125 plus and a minimum labor charge of $65 (but up to $175) if its covered under warranty. Unlike the local technician’s $85 service fee, LG’s service fee of $125 is not applied towards repairs. I explained that I could buy a new dishwasher (NOT an LG) for what I would spend in repairs and my previous $300 dishwasher lasted 10 years…what’s wrong with their product(s)?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Bought LG dish washer Oct 2018. 6 months in, it would not power on. After a month, repair was completed... that night it flooded my kitchen. That was Five (5) months ago. Since then they made a repair for the leak (I waited 2 1/2 months for the 3 parts) but repair did not work. Once again the dishwasher flooded my kitchen. I have been without a dishwasher going on 5 months now. Have been unable to get a straight answer from LG. I understand appliances might have problems —what I don’t understand is LG’s absolutely horrible customer service. They are rude, don’t give you straight answers, say they are going to call back and don’t. One rep told me they don’t replace a unit just because it happens to be a lemon! Do yourself a favor —- stay away from anything LG!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

We had this dishwasher for 11 mos before we noticed cracks along the top of the co tell panel. LG claims that this is surely cosmetic akin to a scratch or dent. I disagree, this is a poorly designed unit. Lowe's actually did not want to cover this cosmetic defect, the repairman got it covered due to the cracks allowing moisture into the controls. Fast forward 3 mos, the newly replaced control panel now has cracks the same as the previous panel. The plastic used on these panels is apparently defective or the unit produces more heat than the panel can withstand. This is an engineering issue and not enough testing was done to notice the apparent heat issues. I am not the only person who has had this same problem, but yet LG does not want to admit it has issues.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

My dishwasher was brand new when I bought my house in 2017. They did a whole LG kitchen. This is now my nightmare. The dishwasher never worked from the first time I tried it. I called LG who gave me the runaround. I even called Home Depot. More runaround. When LG finally sent someone out this guy was shady and said the dishwasher was dirty. I never saw or heard from him again. Now my compressor in the LG fridge is out after 28 months.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I purchased an LG dishwasher for my newly renovated kitchen, it was professional installed the first of May right before the final acceptance of the renovation. The plumbers tested the dishwasher and all appeared ok, I never had a chance to even use it once. On May 9th I walked into the kitchen to find three inches of water in the kitchen and dining/living rooms, with water pouring out from the dishwasher. It was inspected by the factory rep from LG that a clip on one end of water hose was missing and determined this was a factory defect. Since there was extensive damage to three Persian rugs floating in water, furniture and areas behind the newly installed cabinets I filed a claim with LG and after 4 months they still have not made a reasonable offer to reimburse me for the damages their defective product caused. Very very poor customer service. Will never purchase another LG product and would not recommend their products to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Bought this just under 2 years ago and everything was fine until a few months ago when the control panel in front started flashing and beeping and then it sometimes won't drain. No one at LG is helping with this. They gave me 2 names of repair services but this is not covered under warranty???? I will NEVER buy LG products again. I would think a dishwasher should last more than 2 years!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Top of the line LG purchased in Spring 2018. Was expensive. Control panel uses touchpads on hard plastic service which also serves as the door handle. We bought a 2 year extended warranty. The new vertical cracks cover the control touch pads, and will eventually render the dishwasher inoperative. Of course, it is considered normal wear and tear, and not covered by warranty. But, for $240 plus $250 flat rate service charge, I can get it replaced. How long before it cracks again? What a piece of junk. Do not ever buy a dishwasher that has flimsy handles which house the controls....

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Have a three year old product that is off warranty. Purchased at Home Depot. Called to find out who repairs product in our area as water is surging out the bottom of the door. I was advised in our town of 70000 plus people no one repairs LG products. I contact LG: I have to pay from some to come from out of town to fix dishwasher. I contacted a number of local companies they stated they do not work on LG products because to poor customer service from LG and it is hard to get parts.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

After 7 months, our dishwasher control panel cracked for no reason. It also will start, flash, then turn off for no reason. Basically cheaper to get a different dishwasher than fix it out of warranty.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I bought these appliances a 1 1/2 years ago. The upper dishwasher rack is full of rust and peeling. I called LG service to complain and they promised to send me a new rack... That was 3 months ago..Still waiting! The electric range is also junk. When the burners are turned on they immediately go off, so you have to stand there and push the knob in again and again to get it to cook anything. These stainless steel appliances were not cheap. Anyone thinking of buying LG appliances should rethink the purchase. I will never buy another LG product.

Original review: July 29, 2019

We purchase new LG products five years ago and have been totally disappointed with our dishwasher. It is the worst we've ever owned. It doesn't clean the dishes and now keep getting code 0E. Can't fix.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I purchased an LG dishwasher 2 months ago and I keep getting car for codes 3 different ones. Service man came out. Said machine is junk. Should be replaced. So LG in the Philippines sends out a 2nd repair company and he can't figured it out so he ordered 3 different parts... And broke my tiles in my kitchen and said if 2 service people come out and cannot figure it out they'll replace the dishwasher. I have sent several messages to a lady named Heather in Alabama who has stopped emailing me back. And all return calls have stopped although I call every day. Been dealing with LG warranty dept for 3 weeks every day... Leaving messages and emails and my problem is still unresolved. I would never recommend any LG product ever.

Original review: July 9, 2019

We have been owners of LG appliances for over a decade. We bought them all washer, dryer fridge and dishwasher. We have had problems with several them for which we have received no appropriate support. First it was the washer or all the writing came off the front within 3 months. I was told there was nothing they could do. They couldn't send me new letters to reapply. Oh well too bad. We moved on. Then there was a dishwasher conveniently right after the one-year warranty we had a problem and had to pay $250 for service call for which the gentleman was here for a mere few minutes to fix the problem that most likely could have been fixed over the phone with direction, not costing us $250.

Then just 14 months after this we end up getting a pinhole in the drain hose of our dishwasher which floods our son's basement bedroom. Causing numerous panels of our ceiling to be damaged and need replacement not to mention the wood floor below it that is lifting. All these are problems associated with a faulty dishwasher. When we call to report this problem we were told we had to buy a new hose mechanism and that would solve all of our problems. "So sorry about the other damage to your home, not our responsibility." So we paid the almost $100 for a new hose, waited a week for it to be sent to us and we had it replaced. Then we come to find out; "Oh so sorry your dishwasher must be reset by a specialist." Yep you got it. Another $250 will be necessary to get your dishwasher I've only a few years back up and running. If the first rep had told us that then the hose would have been covered in the service call.

So we are expected to spend $600 on a dishwasher that cost us 800 within a few years. Not acceptable. We ask to speak to a manager. After holding for almost a half an hour we get told a manager will call us back. We are third in line. That was last week. It is now Tuesday and we are still waiting for a return call. I will never again never purchased any LG products whatsoever.

I will also share my opinion for these products openly and freely as I am doing with you. I have worked in a manufacturing environment for many decades. What I can tell you is no manufacturer is 100% perfect. But, what shows a great manufacturer is what they do after a problem is brought to their attention. It is apparent LG doesn't care after you spend your hard-earned money on a product of theirs. They will ignore you, push you away and not care whether you buy another Appliance or not because they are of the false impression that we will forget about this and spend our hard-earned money on another one of their faulty products. That will not be the case at least with us. So I warned you check in to the manufacturer and how they deal with customer service complaints before you spend your hard-earned money on anything of any manufacturer but especially LG.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have been an LG customer for very long with almost all appliances being from LG. However my dishwasher problem has disappointed me greatly. I have an dishwasher model D1452WF which is my 2nd LG dishwasher over a period of 15 years. However after 4 years of using D1452WF, I noticed start of rusting of both the upper and lower racks/trays. I thought it was just a minor issue and continued using. But now after one more year, I have noticed that the rust has increased. The spares racks cost around US$215. I am really disappointed. What is the use of a 10 year motor warranty when the inside trays start rusting much earlier. I use salt regularly to soften the water. I have no other problems with the machine. So there is no point in buying such an equipment unless they make reliable parts as well.

Original review: July 4, 2019

1st dishwasher faulty control panel. LG wanted us to wait for 3.5 months for part. I had to raise bloody hell before they agreed maybe this was a touch unreasonable. Luckily Lowe's mgmt was outstanding and took machine back and gave us replacement. Installation number two completed to find door latch assembly faulty and after LG needing two different repair people to verify this machine too is a piece of crap the new door assembly part will not be available for 40 days from now and will not replace machine and expect us to wait for their repairs. Why oh why did I not read recent reviews of LG products. I have all LG appliances in my home that I have had for over 10 years. Now reviews say newer LG products a consumer is lucky to get 3 years. Calling all consumers... Vote with your $$, stop buying LG and let's put this company out of business.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I bought a LG dishwasher in 2017 from Home Depot. Registered it and it worked fine for almost a year. Then it started stopping before the drying cycle and constant beeping and didn't drain. Over the coarse of 9 months, 2 different repair companies, many hours on the phone, we've had the control panel replaced 2 times, the mother board replaced 1 time, the door lock/latch 3 times. Each repair lasts about 2-3 weeks. I have taken videos of the problem when they didn't believe me. The machine shows no error code and the smart app on my phone when linked says the machine is working fine. I have asked for a replacement washer because this is a lemon. I have documented all my emails to LG and to the service techs.

When I read all the negative reviews on this same product, and under the review LG replies to contact them by calling them, or contacting on Facebook or Twitter because they want to make it right, I have to laugh. I have done all that including contacting them on Facebook. When the repair man visits your home and reports your problem to LG tech support, then sends the report to LG, tells you to wait for LG's response. No response in over a week so I call customer support. You can't call tech support only the repair guys have access to them. Customer service doesn't have access to Tech support. They leave them a note to call you. So you go round and round. As I am writing this I am waiting again for the repair man to arrive to fix my LG dishwasher that now will not start at all on any setting. It flashes, then beeps then stops.

LG Dishwashers Company Information