LG Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About LG Dishwasher

LG is an electronics company that offers a variety of innovative and state-of-the-art products for the entire home. The company's refrigerators feature advanced technology and innovative features like wireless internet and app accessibility, LG makes fridges for every budget.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

LG Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I purchased a LG Dishwasher to replace an older GE model that was inoperable. I'm very satisfied with my choice of the new LG Dishwasher. It is excellent in cleaning dishes as well as pots and pans. It is also quiet during operation... A big plus in my opinion. I gave it 4 stars, lacking the 5th in reference of the higher cost than average dishwashers.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I deal with many companies everyday, this is my third issue and LG is definitely the worst. They are so disorganized, that they don't have proper communication between their different teams, flip flop on their own decisions and forward incorrect information to their repair department at my cost. Unfortunately this impacts the customer negatively. To impact further, although recognizing their fault, LG didn't even have the decency to give a call back when requested. Very unprofessional and time consuming (over 5 hours on the phone).

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I purchased the LG Dishwasher and it is so pretty. I first ran the dishwasher just after installed and of course everything was wet for a couple of days. I dried the dishes and left the door and top (3rd) tray open as it seemed to hang on to the water. Then I remember the Rinse Aid so filled it up and ran again. Again everything was wet but not as bad. Then I decided to read some of the reviews (I had read them before but on Google reviews). Now I am wondering if my life will consist of drying dishes. That is a job I hate which is why I have the dishwasher. I have been on LG's site and did not find much help. BTW I also purchased a stove with no serial number easily accessible. Not my month.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Short version is do not buy any of this company's products. They could care less about the consumer or your malfunctions. My dishwasher was 9 months old and stopped working. It took 19 phone calls to get a tech out. The tech said he didn’t have a part and would order it. 4 months later I was told my dishwasher would not be repaired and was not covered under warranty any longer. That was from the president's office's as an email. Buy another brand!

Original review: June 6, 2021

Bought a TV in August 2020. After 3 repair attempts over 6 months, LG finally agreed to refund my money. With much effort, I packed up the TV and sent it back months ago and still haven't seen my refund. Had three repair attempts on my refrigerator and it's finally fixed (I guess). But we're still out $750 for lost food. Now, my 27 month old dishwasher has a control problem and rusted out rack. Both controls and rack have a 5 year warranty but I have to call some appliance-fix-it place to get them to look at it. I bet I get no repair, no parts no-nothing and a lot of wasted time for this. I have $15,000 worth of LG equipment in this house and they aren't the least bit interested in helping me. I won't buy another piece of equipment from them again.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I purchased LGLDT5678SS dishwasher in April. The dishwasher has a very annoying whistling sound during the fan/drying cycle which I reported to LG immediately. LG sent CVS Appliance repair to correct the problem. They replaced the fan; the whistling continued. I was told by their rep that it was probably a design/manufacturing flaw. I have called LG multiple times. I was told today by a supervisor that only TCC could authorize a replacement or refund, whoever that is.

Do not buy this dishwasher. LG reps give you a constant runaround and the supervisor basically said LG would do nothing to correct or fix this. She put another work order in to CVS; their rep Randy called and said he had already repaired the dishwasher and that I should get another service company to come out. I have reached out to Ferguson, the company we purchased the DW from, they are my last hope. I cannot and will not live with this annoying noise which can be heard throughout my home, not just in the kitchen.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I am so disappointed in my new LG (Model LDT 7808 ST) dishwasher purchased early April 2021. I guess I missed the statement in the manual "Hybrid Drying System: This efficient drying system does not use a heating element during the drying process..." Guess what? The translation of that is: This dryer does not dry AT ALL. Everything is wet. And there is a cycle called "Extra Dry" and that's quite funny because it doesn't dry at all either so why have it? The only suggestion from LG? Make sure your rinse aid is filled. A dishwasher that has no drying ability except air dry is not my idea of a product I want. I will not be keeping this dishwasher and I will not be buying another "hybrid drying system" dishwasher from anyone. If I'm going to have to dry my own dishes I might as well wash them too.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Bought LG dishwasher from Home Depot July 2020. Delivered in 9/2020, due to Covid. Tried to make it work in two of our family homes, multiple calls to service techs. Gave me a repair reference number, which eventually revealed that no LG service tech services in our area, and no local repair was found when LG looked for one. I have a new service number now, and twice they have said it will be 7 to 10 days before I know if I will get a refund. It is still under warranty. Stalling is just unbelievable. One time they said the Power Service Team would decide, now it has been given to Defective Returns Department. I do NOT want another one, if no one can service it even with a warranty.

I sent an email to their CEO at LG. If I don't get my refund (sent all paperwork 2 times) I am going to ask consumer media TV people to publicly help me. We still don't have any dishwasher, want our money back to purchase a different one from anyone but LG. My situation sounds like one of another person's review.... That worries me that we won't get a fair solution.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Dishwasher leaks about halfway through the cycle, water comes out the lower left area of the door. Less than a week old. Neighbors who have the identical machine have same issue. Systemic problem I'm thinking.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Updated on 06/24/2021: A lot has happened behind the scenes since I made the first post. LG stepped in and offered to set the situation right, so I gave them the opportunity to do so. As you will read here, not only did they fail to make things right, they ended up making it worse. I warn you now, it is not a short read. March 30-Must have gotten someone’s attention. An unidentified person (this is a trend) PMed me via Consumer Affairs (CA) and offered to address the situation. They asked for some info, including billing address for the original purchase. I gave info and waited.

April 2- Offer to repair machine at their expense is forwarded to me through CA by an unidentified person. I agree to offer. Sometime after this point, LG orders 2 replacement parts, a new main control board and a display board. I am not sure why the control board was ordered, as it was obvious the display board was the problem. The display board is the problem on every one of these machines.

April 6-I get a notification by text from a random number (never identified) informing me that I recently scheduled service for my machine to be performed on April 8. Only problem is, I didn’t schedule service. Someone from LG (never identified) took it upon themselves to schedule this service without consulting me as to whether this was an acceptable time. The text number this was sent from could not receive return calls or texts, and no contact information was available to reach out about this scheduled appointment.

After some digging around on the LG site, I figured out that the service was indeed scheduled, and also found out at this time that the above-mentioned parts had been ordered (one part was on backorder) and shipped to the billing address I originally gave on CA. Only problem with this is that the machine is not at the billing address, therefore both the parts and the service tech were heading to the wrong address. If someone had contacted me when the appointment was made, I could have given the correct address. If some useable contact information was made available to me, or if anyone in this process so far had identified themselves, I could have shared the situation with the incorrect address. But none of those things had happened. I share this latest update with the unidentified PM contact on CA.

April 7- A box arrives from LG. I open it to find a new control board. Not the display (the part that is actually broken) but the other random part. Turns out that the display board is on national backorder. Not surprising since the OEM display boards have a 100% failure rate. With every single unit of this model needing this part replaced, demand is clearly high.

April 8-Tech Visit #1. The service technician calls me to tell me he is 10 minutes away. I then tell him that he is 10 minutes away from the wrong address. He finally gets to the machine (I was able to be there), swaps out the mainboard, figures out mainboard is not the problem. I knew this already. So did the tech before even doing the job. Once he determined the main board was not the problem, he swapped the original board back into the machine and left, planning to return when the display board arrived. Since the mainboard did not appear bad, he returned the new mainboard to LG. This would prove to be a regretful decision.

April 13- New display board arrives. I contact service tech and he schedules the next day to come install it. April 14-Tech shows up for Visit #2 (the fact I am giving numerical designations to tech visits should tell you something) and installs display board. I am not at the house this time, or much of the remaining catastrophe would likely have been avoided. According to my wife, he swapped out the board, hit the power button to see it power up, packed up his stuff and left. He did no function check or system diagnosis whatsoever, just looked for the lights to power up. He also went into the LG service system and reported the repair job complete. It was not, and the fact that he did report it as such would create problems down the road.

After tech leaves, wife loads machine and tries to run it. After about a minute, it shut down and gave an error code indicating no water flow. I get home and check water supply to make sure that we didn’t have that turned off. I will also mention at this time that I have degrees in both electronic and mechanical engineering, and have been working as a design engineer and troubleshooting technician for electro-mechanical systems over 30 years. So I was able to deduce that we had sufficient water flow, but the electric water valve in the machine was not turning on. I contacted the tech, and he informed me he would come by the next day and check it out.

April 15- Tech comes back for Visit #3. During this visit I learned the tech was a refrigeration expert, and had limited experience with dishwashers. He was competent, just not that experienced with LG dishwashers. He figures out that he had plugged something together incorrectly. I am not clear whether this mistake was made during Visit #1 and the incorrect connection was made at the mainboard, or during Visit #2 and the incorrect connection was made at the display board. I suspect it was #1 and the problem was at the mainboard because one of the connectors he attached incorrectly was to the main water valve, thus the valve did not work, as I had identified. Wherever the problem, he swapped the connectors around, ran a diagnostic, declared it good, and left again. When we powered up the machine I could hear the water valve now working, but after about a minute, the same error code and shutdown occurred.

April 15 Part 2-The tech comes back that night for Visit #4 (told you we needed numbering). I am there, and we spend quite a bit of time checking out the machine. I teach him a few things about how the systems operate, and using some of my electronic testing equipment we figure out that the system is not seeing a signal from the water flow sensor. Hoping sensor might be bad, the tech ordered a replacement sensor.

April 20-Tech got part, and stops by for Visit #5. Flow sensor not the problem. He spends over 2 hours of troubleshooting, including 2 calls to the service center for technical support. They go through everything, including checking the wiring harness. Nothing bad with wiring, but the mainboard is not supplying power to the sensor. It was never admitted to me, but I will bet a month’s pay that when he incorrectly connected the plugs in Visit #1 or #2, the sensor power supply on the mainboard was damaged. If he had not already sent back the new mainboard (remember I said this would be a regretful decision?) he could have swapped in the new board and likely fixed the problem. But he didn’t have the parts, and he was eventually told by the Service Center to stop attempting repair and RMA the machine.

April 21- An unidentified person contacted me by text to inform me that the Alternate Resolution claim was started. But I should be prepared for it to be denied because the computer system says that all parts are functional. Remember the tech incorrectly reporting the machine repaired after Visit #2? An explanation by myself containing actual factual information and logic did nothing to change the response.

April 23- I receive a phone call from LG asking about how I rated the service I had received in early April. Because the tech had reported he completed the repair, the gentleman calling me had no idea the job was botched, and he wanted to know how I rated my service experience on my freshly-repaired and perfectly-operating LG dishwasher. I don’t think he was very fond of my answers.

May 1- Received voice mail from someone at LG telling me I was to be offered a bit over $500 for my permanently broken $1k machine. It further instructed me to contact Shakiah M about payout. May 5-When I talk to Shakiah, I’m told the actual number offered is even less. After several back and forth discussions on both text message and email, I agree to accept the offer, as long as there is no legally-binding contract included. I am assured there is not.

Side note: It’s bad enough that almost no one from LG ever identifies themselves, but I am even more amazed by the amount of correspondence throughout this process done by text message on a cell phone. Is this what we call professional corporate behavior in 2021? Text messages? What are we, high-schoolers? May 28- Finally get a written offer. And that assurance there is no legally-binding component to the offer? Not true. I must waive off all rights to pursue further action if I accept this offer.

Let’s recap: I started this process with a top-shelf machine with a single defective part. A $200 replacement part and 15 minutes of effort to install this part would have fixed my machine. But thanks to the mistake made by the service tech, I now have a junk machine. And what is the offer from LG after three months of hassle to fix all of this? Half what it will cost to replace it. Now I have a choice. LG is so in breach of contract here (not the warranty, BTW) that I will almost assuredly win in court. But small claims court is a hassle. I have tried to give LG the opportunity to make this right, and they continue to fail me, and will no longer even respond to me.

30 day deadline to accept offer is June 27, three days from now. If LG really wants to make this right, then they need to do something better than half replacement cost for a machine THEY BROKE. If not, looks like I will see them in court. And I won’t be suing for just the cost of the machine. Punitive damages will be added on as well, and I have high confidence in my case and my ability to present it. I have been an expert witness in court proceedings several times, so court does not faze me. I don’t want the hassle of it, but I won’t be treated as a pushover either. This is LG’s mistake, LG needs to fix it with a reasonable offer.

Original Review: We bought an LG LDP6797BD dishwasher in 2018, with the intentions of putting it in our house being remodeled. We used it in our rental home for about 8-10 months before removing it from service and putting it in storage. It never got installed in the house, so after sitting for 2 years, we pulled it out of storage and put it in another rental property where it has worked flawlessly for 5 months.

Now after a total service life of 13-15 months, we walk in the kitchen one day to find it dead. Won't power up, won't light up, won't reset. Looking at a few videos, I picked up a line filter. Not the problem. In fact, once I had it apart to change the line filter, I could see the red LED lighting on the board. So clearly it has power. Then after some more research, I find the web full of similar complaints. The number of purchasers with failures occurring, conveniently almost immediately after the end of their one-year warranty, is simply staggering. The Amazon listing for this dishwasher has 100% 1-Star ratings. Let that sink in. 100% 1-star ratings, I have never seen that on ANYTHING in my life. And especially not on an item that costs $1000.

This design clearly has a significant design flaw somewhere. The number of instances of identical failure occurring within a span of 12-16 months of service life is not a coincidence, and this statement is coming from a highly-experienced engineer with 3 decades of experience in design and manufacture of electro-mechanical systems. I know better than to believe that any manufacturer can take products to market and NEVER make a mistake in the design cycle. But what that manufacturer chooses to do about it when mistakes happen is what defines a company. This machine has a major design flaw, LG knows it, and apparently has chosen to do nothing about it.

And I guess they have a right to not do anything about it. Well, I have a right to do something about it as well. If LG continues to leave customers like myself that spent quite a bit of money on a clearly defective product, then it will be the last of my money LG will ever see. And I will go out of my way, every chance I get, to encourage as many people as possible to also not ever spend THEIR money on an LG product. This is site number 2 for the day, I wonder how many more times I can tell this story before the weekend is over?

If LG believes that not addressing this issue will save them money, I can assure you it will not. They will lose far more money from me alone than what it would cost them to make this right with me. Add to that lost revenue the amount of money they will lose with all the people I convince to not ever buy LG as well, and this will quickly become an expensive mistake many, many times over what it would take to fix it. If everyone else being screwed does the same, we can make a statement that LG simply will not be able to ignore. LG, the ball is in your court.

Original review: March 17, 2021

After just 1.5 years, my dishwasher control panel developed a large crack that is preventing it from starting. This is a known problem with LG dishwashers. I was shocked that LG would not authorize a replacement panel. Their view is that this is my problem and I am on my own. I had purchased a suite of appliances and feel they should provide better customer service.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Updated on 03/25/2021: After my review LG replied, that I can call LG and they gave me an authorization number. They said that LG will contact me within 7-10 business days or I can call them. I called them today, since nobody contacted me. I was told that my claim was rejected because there was not enough documentation from the technician and the technician did not state that the dishwasher is not reparable! I said that he did not say that. I was standing next to him when he called LG and was told that there was a recall on the dishwasher and he received TCC number which I also wrote down. (And I was told later by LG that they cannot find that number in their system) This is a technician from LG. This is not mine technician.

I do not really know or care what paperwork they need to exchange. I am trying to have working dishwasher for 6 months now! I do not know why LG is not standing behind their product and cannot resolve this problem in 6 month. I have ordered this in June 2020. I do not care if the dishwasher is repaired, replaced, but I just need to have functional dishwasher.

Original Review: In June 2020 I have ordered LG dishwasher from Home Depot for one of rental units I manage. Because of shortage of appliances it came 2 months later. This is one of many dishwashers I bought, but all others were Samsung. When tenant moved in this unit, they called me that there is a rubbery smell and smoke coming from the dishwasher after about 30 min of washing. I called LG, LG said the tenant has to call because they will take them through different steps. Tenant was told that they have to keep running it that it is normal that the dishwasher is new. But smell did not go away. Technician came in, but said that he cannot stay for the whole cycle and they should keep running it.

Then I called LG and was told that they will call another technician and got another appointment. (4 months has passed already.) My tenant moved out because they could not use the dishwasher. Another technician came and spent a lot of time examining the dishwasher then he called LG and found out there was a recall on this dishwasher and gave me TCC number which LG gave him. I was told I will just call LG and give them the number and they will exchange the dishwasher. I called LG that I am calling because there was a recall on the dishwasher and gave them the TCC number. LG told me that they do not have the number in their system and they will call the repair company (which LG sent) and they will call me back. Nobody called me nor they called the repair company!

I tried the next day and was told that the recall department will call me back... Again nobody called me. It has been 5 months since I have reported problem for the first time. Nobody can still wash dishes and my apartment is vacant since I cannot place new tenant in till I have dishwasher. LG is a nightmare to deal with. I do not understand how they can stay in business. I will never buy any LG product because of the customer service they provide. There is nobody who takes ownership and resolves an issue. My tenant was so upset they wrote to VP of LG. Tenant is in the process of building a home and they make sure none of their new appliances are LG.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

These new energy efficient washers S__K!!! They don't clean unless you wash first and NEVER dry so you always wind up dripping water on floor. I've had pre-"green" dishwashers and they worked much better. I've probably run dishes twice through the new ones.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello David. We once again apologize for the inconvenience and would like to assist you as soon as possible. Please, at your earliest convenience. provide us with the address, any and all telephone numbers used or referenced while communicating with LG. The date of purchase, model/serial combination of the unit as well as any case numbers you may have received by a LG representative.

Thank you for allowing us to step in and assist.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

My New LG Dishwasher model# LDF55458D leaked from first use, Called for service and a Clown came to repair nothing, pulled dishwasher out to find the leak and stated LG will not Do Anything to repair, because it was damaged. The top seam leaks water. Do Not Buy LG. They Do Not stand behind their Junk.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Allen. We once again apologize for the inconvenience and would like to assist you as soon as possible. Please, at your earliest convenience. provide us with the address, any and all telephone numbers used or referenced while communicating with LG. The date of purchase, model/serial combination of the unit as well as any case numbers you may have received by a LG representative.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

One never-ending nightmare! I ordered an LG Dishwasher (LDF5545BD) from Homedepot.com on Jan 15th, 2021. As I write this today (February 19th, 2021), I still do not have a working dishwasher after spending nearly $900! The 1st dishwasher arrived on Jan 21st, 2021 but I quickly realized the unit wouldn’t dry the dishes (even with the Extra Dry setting). An appliance associate at my local Home Depot in Austell, GA, Mr. Scott ** was very helpful in helping me contact LG to report the problem. LG decided to replace the unit which was delivered on February 7th, 2021.

The installers told me they could not install it fully because it is connected electrically and they’re not supposed to deal with wires without some other attachment. Why was I not told about that beforehand or from the previous installers? Anyway, this second unit did not dry my dishes either. Called support and they told me to use Rinse Aid. I did not feel like I should have to now not only buy dishwasher detergent but also Rinse Aid. So I initially refused to add a rinse budget to my expensive non-working dishwasher purchase. A repair technician was sent out from National Platinum Service in Columbus Georgia. That technician came 13 minutes early, rang my bell, and left 12 minutes before my service window time. They sent another technician the next day who also told me I should add Rinse Aid.

After doing very little to check the unit he asked me to sign and he left. I gave in and bought some Rinse Aid and then ran my dishwasher again and then again using the Rinse Aid and varying settings (like High Temp, Extra Dry, etc). No luck – dishes, racks, and inside the unit is soaking wet! LG will have you being transferred to several people who either can’t see the details of my problem or will keep you on hold so long that when someone does speak with you there is a 4-second audio delay added to uncompassionate customer service. LG says they won’t replace it with a different model or refund me so I’m stuck with an $800 paperweight. I cannot reach Mr. Scott at Home Depot and LG won’t budge (because they really, really must need my $800). They want to send another repairman as if I broke it. This is terrible!

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Shawn. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Love the moveable rack, the flatware holder. It works so much better than our General Electric. We like that the control is on top so our great grandkids can't interrupt the cycle. We have recommended this to friends.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

This dishwasher is so simple to use. The shelf racks fold down for big items. There are only 6 buttons to push. And one of them is the power button So you're not going to get confused with what to push. It is a very quiet cleaning process. The one thing I don't like is it runs from 1hour 30 min to 2 hours 15 min. Sometimes I just want a fast cycle for a few thing I instantly need. But I am getting used to starting the dishwasher before I go to work and at bedtime.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

LG is one of the best dishwashers I’ve use, very efficient in less water, great heating system for drying, many rinses for clean dishes. Yet uses less water. The time to wash the dishes could be in a shorter time. Mine uses 2hrs 11 minutes then the dry process. I’d buy the same machine just the as I love the fact that you rarely have to rewash any dishes regardless of the food that sticks to it. Love it!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have not had any problems with this unit. It cleans well, is not as noisy as my previous Sears unit, and offers a short clean cycle when I don't have a full load to wash. Saves us on costs and time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The lettering on the front of the machine just fell off. Cleaning is hap-hazard. Meaning one load will clean well and the next will not. Very frustrating. Dishes with anything hardened on it will NOT get clean.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello William. We once again apologize for the inconvenience and would like to assist you as soon as possible. Please, at your earliest convenience. provide us with the address, any and all telephone numbers used or referenced while communicating with LG. The date of purchase, model/serial combination of the unit as well as any case numbers you may have received by a LG representative.

Thank you for allowing us to step in and assist.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

LG dishwasher is pretty easy to understand the settings. I have had it for over two years. It's stainless steel inside and outside. I feel the stainless steel interior is easy to clean and maintain. It has an energy saving feature which I often use. It also gives you a signal when the rinse aid is low.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

It does a good job. However, the bottom rack that folds down (to accommodate large items) fell apart the first month we owned it. It does a great job on scorched items. Great job on glassware. I do however regret not getting one with selection panel lights.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I purchased the LG dishwasher in 2018. It has cracked inside the control module. The writing on the control module has faded. It is a piece of junk! It is not worth the money. I have had it serviced several times.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Carolyn. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Purchased a new LG dishwasher on 12/17/20. Model #LDT5678SS. Delivered on 12/20/20. Used MAYBE a dozen times & now there is rust in the bottom of the tub & on the door. Since it is now past 30 days Lowe's will not fix/replace it so we reached out to LG since there is a 1 year warranty. The tech they sent out said he owned the same model & kept his outside & his didn't do that. Then he went out to his truck, made a phone call, came back in & told us to call Customer Service & left. We called customer service who informed us the tech said it was improper use on our part. We only used Cascade & water. I don't understand how this is improper use!

We also purchased the 5 year extended warranty from Lowe's, but because it is still under manufacture warranty, they cannot help either. They also stated that rust on the tub & door is considered "cosmetic" & would not be covered. Even though in the back of the LG book, that came with the dishwasher, it states there is a lifetime warranty on the tub & 1 year warranty on the parts/labor.

So now we are stuck with a brand new rusting dishwasher that sticks like rust inside & I'm sure will only get worse with time but that's considered cosmetic. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER LG PRODUCT AGAIN. It's sad because we used to love LG. Own several LG TV's & also just purchased a LG Microwave which I'm going to return before the 30 days. We were also looking at purchasing the matching stove & refrigerator but that is definitely out of the question now!! Between the Dishwasher, connectors & warranty we paid over $1,000 & now we're stuck with it!

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Sharon. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Very good I am pleased. I think I picked a winner. People will really enjoy this product. It lasts a long time. Also this is really worth trying and Buying. Again I am very pleased with this product. Amazing.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I purchased an LG dishwasher in 2018 and loved the concept. A third rack on the top and a large silverware basket on the lower bottom rack with plenty of room for dishes. In late 2020 I started experiencing times that it would stop running in mid cycle and as time went on it became more and more frequent and more difficult to restart. I had a technician come to look at it which cost $96.00 and was told it was a circuit board problem which would cost over $400.00 to replace. I was informed this was very common in LG and once that was fixed it was also very common for some other problem to occur. He advised purchasing another dishwasher.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Carol.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Never had a dishwasher to work so well, it not only cleans well, but to maintain it is easier than I would have thought. I would buy another LG Dishwasher- I have had top brands before and they didn't even compare to what this one does...

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

About 3 years ago I purchased an LG dishwasher Model LDP6797ST. I was very happy with it at first until about 1 year and a couple of months. One day a received the error message AE. At the time I did not know what it stand for. I contacted LG and to their credit they sent a technician to repair the unit. What he did that day is replaced a circuit board at the door and the machine was working. And now 2 years later after the repair I received the same AE error message. The thing is that error message according to LG is a water leak. I called a repairman who confirm I have a leak coming from the drain pump. It would cost about $600 to fix. In his word I better off buying a new dishwasher. I paid good money for that dishwasher (about $700) and it only last 3 yrs. I am not sure I will ever buy an LG appliance again. I am now again looking for dishwasher. Very disappointed.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Jethro. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Awful. This dishwasher has the same problem that I keep seeing from others. Namely that it won't cycle and starts beeping. I clean the filter, rearrange dishes, change the cycle and it doesn't matter. With a very small load it will sometimes fully cycle but with a full load this dishwasher NEVER cycles. This was fairly expensive model and that investment has been flushed away. It was part of a full LG appliance buy and now I have to replace with a different brand. Very disappointing and I'll never buy another LG appliance again of any kind.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello C. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have now seen hundreds if not thousands of online pictures of my similar issue with this product. The control panel is NOT sealed correctly so the steam seeps out on the top and has entered the thin plastic which encases the control panel and created small but obvious cracks. This would not happen if the door/panel was sealed tightly with some form of a seal, which it is not. It is plastic meets plasic on a edge. Therefore the steam enters creating heat and pressure and cracking the display as well as allowing moisture into the electrical panel.

** Here is a link to a video that shows the issue. This is a design flaw. It's also a hazard since the water vapor is seeping into the panel. My dishwasher is also not very old. I do not recommend this product since the design flaw not only has NOT been fixed, it has not been addressed by LG despite numerous reports on the web. Shame on LG for allowing a flaw to just continue each year in this model.

LG Dishwashers response

Hello Patricia. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG Dishwashers Company Information