Find an Air Conditioners partner

3. Air Conditioners

3.9/5 (313 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennox

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?

Original review: June 15, 2020

The ac unit has given no trouble and is now 3 years old. I did have a problem after two years with the installing company as I was forced to have a contract for maintenance as part of the financing. After 2 years they upped the price and lowered what was covered. I contacted Lennox and they were very helpful. Problem solved and the installing company agreed to honor the original contract. I do realize that Lennox has to have someone sell their product. The wall thermostat works very well, easy to use. Cools the house with no problems through our unbearable hot summers and also keeps me warm in our slightly chilly winters. After 3 years the unit still looks very nice, just like it did when it first arrived.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I purchased a new central air system in 2017 - a Lennox system and it has been fantastic. I used to install 5 window AC's each spring to try & cool the house - this worked, but there were hot & cool spots. With the new system - all rooms are consistent and I can get the whole house cooled quickly and efficiently. My house is a ranch and all the equipment was built into my attic. It is a Variable Speed - icomfort Control - 3 Tons - two-stage cooling with a SEER of up to 20.0. The thermostat is a Humidity/Dehumidifiy Touchscreen Control.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I've been dealing with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for several years now. My Lennox system is very good quality equipment. It's very reliable and very quiet, smooth running. The service maintenance program is good also. I have a schedule appointment for every 4-6 months (May or June). The Lennox Air Conditioning system is a part of my heating system which makes it a great combination. The Lennox outdoor unit and indoor coil has a 10yr parts, 10yr compressor, 1 yr ULPP, and 1yr free maint. Which I purchased a annual maintenance plan that covers the service calls. I had this system since 2016. And it's the best investment I ever made. :)

Original review: June 6, 2020

I had Lennox install a new air conditioner as the old one was not working. The salesperson was knowledgeable, explained my different options, and why the new models are so much more environmentally sound and energy efficient. I wanted to do further research, and get other cost options. When I did get other bids, no one else explained the technical aspects, and seemed to be talking a lot about environmental energy issues, but without much substance. After about a month, I went with the Lennox. What I was told seemed to be true. My house is evenly cool, and my bill every month is half of what it was the previous summers.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Upgraded my Lennox when building new home 6 years ago to the highest efficiency unit available at the time. Wanted a unit that could also be connected to solar panels in the future and could handle dual zones, and smart thermostat. The unit has worked extremely well heating and cooling total 3900 sq ft. The original Lennox smart thermostat failed at almost 5 years and was covered under warranty although I paid to upgrade to a newer model with additional features. I’m satisfied with this system and it is extremely quiet both inside and outside components. My electric bill shows this was the right choice.

Original review: April 24, 2021

If you live in Canada buy CARRIER as they have hundreds of companies that sell their products as well as have available parts. They also stand behind their product. Lennox in the city of Calgary has apparently two companies that have parts in stock. My furnace quit working on a Friday evening and I called a service man who did not have the part but said he could go to the Lennox part store on Sat. Here it is April and the parts store is no longer open on weekends for companies to pick up parts and no emergency phone # available until the next business day.

I spoke to a plumber who advised that this same situation happened to them in January when the weather was a lot colder. Equipment aside who wants it if the service isn't there at a time when it is most needed. Why would Costco promote these products with service like this? We pay more for Lennox products and also pay more for service call in my case with limited companies to choose from the difference was more than $50.00 for an emergency call out compared to other companies. As I have had both Carrier and Lennox products in the past I don't see where Lennox is any better quality. You decide but I am not convinced their product is any better than anyone else namely Carrier!

Original review: April 15, 2021

We purchased a Signature Series Lennox Heating and AC system about 3 years ago and the system is still under the Lennox 5 year warranty. The Lennox website offers a "Complete peace of mind" warranty experience. Recently we had an AC coil failure and we leaned that things like coolant and labor are not covered and we received a bill for $2K for the repair Completely misleading and we have "no peace of mind" with a company that left us this vulnerable...

Original review: March 25, 2021

The previous owners bought a Lennox unit (9LPR14HP30P-2A/1618C01790) is not even 3 years ago, I bought this place November 2019 and this unit tripped my breaker, I was told by a professional Tec (ACE) compressor went but it is under warranty but quoted me $2k. My heat worked so I waited until March of 2020 to have it fixed. Now it is March 2020 and my Tech (I use Watts 863-422-2295 for my other property so kept with them) has replaced part after part and the air condition is still not working as they have now installed 3 compressors (with the suggestion of Lennox Tech support) and something is causing it to blow. They have been on the phone with Lennox Tech Support many times now and we have replaced everything they told them to replace. This unit is a LEMON and needs to be replaced, way too much time and parts have been spent on this unit. For all documentation contact Watts, they will have what you need.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I've had my Lennox for a little over two years. From the start the outside unit had been terribly noisy when running. There are times it gets louder and sounds as if a helicopter is overhead. It is right by my bedroom and I can't sleep with it going. I leave it off and I get really cold because the noise is so loud. I have had the installing company out on several occasions and have had them listen to the noise(I record it). They have installed a new shroud twice (the most recent in December) saying that is what is causing the noise and it still is not fixed.

I had someone from a company listen to the sound and he told me that it sounded like the bearings or something else was loose and knocking, When I told the installing company they said that was not the problem. With this cold weather, it has become unnerving listening to this noise and I still don't run it while I'm sleeping. I am a senior citizen and never have had to endure anything like this and it has cost me my peace and ability to enjoy my home.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Had installers come out and check tripping breaker. Found compressor had failed. Quoted $2897.00 just in labor to change part (under warranty). Found A person to change part for $500.00. Lennox will NOT honor the warranty the part and replace it. “The warranty part exchange can ONLY be done by a qualified HVAC technician.” What? How come, I as the legal owner have NO control of the equipment I OWN. What does it matter if I return and exchange the part? What does it matter to Lennox what I actually do with the new part? Surely it’s up to me how I use my warranty part? I understand there will be NO warranty on new part if a “non accredited HVAC tech." does the job.

Bottom line is. Why do I have NO say or input on the product (which I own) part warranty which I paid for? Do I not have any rights on this $1500.00 part. How in all that is holy does it cost $3000.00 to change said compressor? I was quoted $3000.00 to change the whole heat pump for another make. Maybe I should dump the Lennox product completely. By my calculations I can buy another compressor (Lennox uses a generic) and have it installed and still come out $1000.00 to the better.

Lennox author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lennox began in 1895 as a one-man operation building and selling steel furnaces and has since transformed into one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioners in North America. Lennox introduced central air conditioning systems to its customers in 1952. Now based in Texas, Lennox maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities all over North America. Find their products through a network of over 6,000 independent Lennox Dealers.

• SunSource solar energy system: Reduce heating and cooling costs by introducing solar energy into your home with the SunSource® solar energy system. Solar energy is a clean and abundant source of energy that can save you money on energy costs and allow you to apply for federal tax credits. Surplus energy from your air conditioning system can be sold or used to power other appliances or electronics in your home.

• Financing assistance: You can get a quality air conditioner even if you can’t afford it all up front. Lennox offers consumers 28 different loan types for air conditioners, including no payment, no interest options. Plans are available for most levels of credit.

• Energy Star: Lennox offers several air conditioners that have been certified by the federal government as Energy Star qualified. This means they are environmentally friendly and reduce energy consumption.

• Zone control: Lennox’s iHarmony zoning system empowers homeowners to control the temperature in different areas of the home. Control the temperature of different zones with your phone, tablet or other web-enabled devices.

• Thermostat recycling: Some older homes still have mercury-containing thermostats installed. These are dangerous for the environment and for people who may inadvertently wind up with mercury in their food or water supply. Lennox participates in a program run by the Thermostat Recycling Corporation, which is a nonprofit organization that facilitates the collection and disposal of mercury around the United States.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team