2. Homeowners
  3. Air Conditioners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.87/5

Need help with your air conditioning?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Need help with your air conditioning?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get Started

Lennox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?

Original review: June 15, 2020

The ac unit has given no trouble and is now 3 years old. I did have a problem after two years with the installing company as I was forced to have a contract for maintenance as part of the financing. After 2 years they upped the price and lowered what was covered. I contacted Lennox and they were very helpful. Problem solved and the installing company agreed to honor the original contract. I do realize that Lennox has to have someone sell their product. The wall thermostat works very well, easy to use. Cools the house with no problems through our unbearable hot summers and also keeps me warm in our slightly chilly winters. After 3 years the unit still looks very nice, just like it did when it first arrived.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I purchased a new central air system in 2017 - a Lennox system and it has been fantastic. I used to install 5 window AC's each spring to try & cool the house - this worked, but there were hot & cool spots. With the new system - all rooms are consistent and I can get the whole house cooled quickly and efficiently. My house is a ranch and all the equipment was built into my attic. It is a Variable Speed - icomfort Control - 3 Tons - two-stage cooling with a SEER of up to 20.0. The thermostat is a Humidity/Dehumidifiy Touchscreen Control.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I've been dealing with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for several years now. My Lennox system is very good quality equipment. It's very reliable and very quiet, smooth running. The service maintenance program is good also. I have a schedule appointment for every 4-6 months (May or June). The Lennox Air Conditioning system is a part of my heating system which makes it a great combination. The Lennox outdoor unit and indoor coil has a 10yr parts, 10yr compressor, 1 yr ULPP, and 1yr free maint. Which I purchased a annual maintenance plan that covers the service calls. I had this system since 2016. And it's the best investment I ever made. :)

Original review: June 6, 2020

I had Lennox install a new air conditioner as the old one was not working. The salesperson was knowledgeable, explained my different options, and why the new models are so much more environmentally sound and energy efficient. I wanted to do further research, and get other cost options. When I did get other bids, no one else explained the technical aspects, and seemed to be talking a lot about environmental energy issues, but without much substance. After about a month, I went with the Lennox. What I was told seemed to be true. My house is evenly cool, and my bill every month is half of what it was the previous summers.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Upgraded my Lennox when building new home 6 years ago to the highest efficiency unit available at the time. Wanted a unit that could also be connected to solar panels in the future and could handle dual zones, and smart thermostat. The unit has worked extremely well heating and cooling total 3900 sq ft. The original Lennox smart thermostat failed at almost 5 years and was covered under warranty although I paid to upgrade to a newer model with additional features. I’m satisfied with this system and it is extremely quiet both inside and outside components. My electric bill shows this was the right choice.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

We built a custom home 4 years ago and had what we thought was one of the best AC systems installed, which was Lennox. We figured by installing this quality name brand we wouldn't have any problems for at least 10 years or more. Unfortunately, that was not the case. In just the last year, less than 4-years in service, we have had to replace the fan on the compressor and add about 12 lbs of Freon since the system was low and no leak could be detected at the time. A couple of months later our AC stopped cooling again and had to pay another service fee and this time they found the leak in the evaporator coil. The system is still under warranty, but you still have to pay labor and Freon which in this case was over $1,500 in total. I will never recommend a Lennox to anyone I know.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I had a major problem with my Lennox A/C. Problem was caused by missing part! Lennox won't honor their warranty. When you call them I waited for 85 minutes. Part was not placed on unit when produced. The repair charges were for labor. But it was caused by missing part. Since was not replaced Lennox won't pay on an invoice charge they created.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I bought a three systems for my home. My previous system was a 13 Seer Tempstar systems. Prior system no problem. Serviced it myself. It last 15 years. Installed by the home builder. Installed in 1999. My new supposedly high premium Lennox systems were installed by Brett A/C in Naples FL and have been a true nightmare. In the last 18 months, I have replaced 2 coils, 3 evaporator motors and counting. The charges so far have been around $4,000 and also counting just for the labor. There was a class action lawsuit for systems dating back to 2007 thru July 2015, but only paid for first five years despite 10 year parts warranty. I was clearly sold a lemon and was not informed by Lennox or the installer about the problems dating back 7 years before my purchase.

Original review: July 23, 2020

We had our house built from scratch and we moved in November 2015. In my neighborhood most got a Lennox installed. 4 and a half years later 3 of my neighbors' units vapor coils failed and then our compressor went bad on our Lennox 14ACX Air Conditioner. Glad it happen before the warranty of the parts expired which will be this November but nevertheless we had to pay a huge amount of the labor and freon. We had at our last house a 23-year-old Carrier unit in which out of those 23 years we had it for 12 years living in that house. You would think these things would give you many years especially when they are new. We make sure in the future not to ever get this brand.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I replaced a 21 year old Carrier unit when I was having the roof replaced. Thought it was a good time to replace the unit with a more efficient unit as it was getting old. What a mistake. The first issue started in about 2 weeks. The unit was very loud and would shake so bad it would rattle the dishes in out cupboards. It took several service calls before they traced it to a bad fan. Fan was replaced under warranty but only lasted a year before it went bad. Replaced again and lasted 1 week. The insulation inside the unit fell down and blocked the airflow. The next item was the capacitor. Now the coil has a leak and they want $1,200 in labor (only the part is covered under warranty) and refrigerant. Looking to buy a new unit, but is sure won't be a Lennox.

Lennox author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lennox began in 1895 as a one-man operation building and selling steel furnaces and has since transformed into one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioners in North America. Lennox introduced central air conditioning systems to its customers in 1952. Now based in Texas, Lennox maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities all over North America. Find their products through a network of over 6,000 independent Lennox Dealers.

• SunSource solar energy system: Reduce heating and cooling costs by introducing solar energy into your home with the SunSource® solar energy system. Solar energy is a clean and abundant source of energy that can save you money on energy costs and allow you to apply for federal tax credits. Surplus energy from your air conditioning system can be sold or used to power other appliances or electronics in your home.

• Financing assistance: You can get a quality air conditioner even if you can’t afford it all up front. Lennox offers consumers 28 different loan types for air conditioners, including no payment, no interest options. Plans are available for most levels of credit.

• Energy Star: Lennox offers several air conditioners that have been certified by the federal government as Energy Star qualified. This means they are environmentally friendly and reduce energy consumption.

• Zone control: Lennox’s iHarmony zoning system empowers homeowners to control the temperature in different areas of the home. Control the temperature of different zones with your phone, tablet or other web-enabled devices.

• Thermostat recycling: Some older homes still have mercury-containing thermostats installed. These are dangerous for the environment and for people who may inadvertently wind up with mercury in their food or water supply. Lennox participates in a program run by the Thermostat Recycling Corporation, which is a nonprofit organization that facilitates the collection and disposal of mercury around the United States.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team