Find an Air Conditioners partner

3. Air Conditioners

3.6/5 (281 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennox

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Bought a new Lennox system from a reputable local company who installed it as well as 3 icomfort thermostats. The app stopped working and would crush upon opening leading to the smart feature being lost. Tried to call lennox which leads to nowhere as you get disconnected after an average of 45 min wait... Avoid this company!!!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Purchased CX-25 / SL280V /CH-35/ C-30 with Filtration System & Air Purifier June 2019 up to now the unit has worked well -- 2 weeks ago temp inside house got up to 76 degrees during late afternoon heat (mid July) -- called my original installer for tech specialist -- was told that box coil may have to be replaced (leaking) -- added 3# of Freon in unit -- cool for about 4 days before temp started climbing again -- got up to 82 degrees inside house -- called different service company --was told coil indeed needed to be replace -- 2 years in service -- Lennox certified retailer called around -- no coils available in Houston & surrounding area.

Was told that Lennox was not manufacturing parts for retail sale -- warranty replacement only & would be 4-6 weeks delivery time from Lennox -- 97+ degrees outside -- wife & I are both approaching 70 years in age & both have medical conditions -- can not handle 84 degrees inside home --looking at possibly having to replace the Lennox coil with another name brand that will fit Lennox unit ---out of pocket expenses $4,700.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2021

We purchased a Lennox in 2015 to replace one of our units. Let me say, if you are considering lennox, don't. Repair person has been here 4 times in 1 months. The spider wires keep leaking freon. It works for a week broke another. Lennox customer service is horrible. 2 hour hold, they pass the responsibility. This company only wants your money. Not a satisfied customer. They do not stand behind their products. Once you purchase you are on your own. Buyer beware. There should be a class action suit against them.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Purchased new house with Lennox heat pump: 4 Feb 20. First failure of tev valve: 16 Jun 20-required 3 visits and almost one week of downtime in very hot weather. Tev valve replaced and installed: 25 Jun 20. Estimated actual system operational time: 70 - 90 days. Second failure of tev valve: 10 Jun 21. Valve replacement: 16 Jun 21

Issues: it took 3 visits and significant down time in hot weather to replace valve first time. It took approximately 1 week to obtain the second valve, nothing was done to expedite the valve shipment (approx $62 valve not in stock at dealer) in extremely hot weather. Second failure time period includes 60 days of system not being used. 16 Jun 21 asked tech, service manager, and customer service to request replacement of the unit or determine cause of failures and create action plan because of unreliability. 25 Jun 21 wrote letter to dealer requesting a solution to unreliability and have not received a response of any kind as of 11 Jul 21

Original review: July 8, 2021

We had Lennox HVAC systems installed in late 2015 (downstairs) and 2016 (upstairs). They have both required new coils and yearly Freon. Random issues resulting in no summer AC in our Arkansas home occur several times each season. Both icomfort thermostats have been replaced. Parts, thus far, have been under warranty, though labor and Freon have cost us over $1500 a year. So far this summer, both units have been charged, we’ve had a leak test, a fan motor has gone out, and today the blower motor has gone out. As soon as the warranty ends, we’ll have no choice but to replace. Absolute garbage that cost over $30,000, and thousands each year just to keep it running - which it doesn’t for weeks at a time while we wait for parts. I guess HE means you save on utility bills because it just doesn’t work during the hottest parts of the year.

Original review: July 2, 2021

Indoor coil 2 years old of course under warranty, leaking internally. Me as a contractor after opening an account with Lennox, then a lot more time to create a warranty claim#, call after call... However 5 days later no one contacted me back as I was told to wait, meanwhile customer No A/C home. Lennox customer support very, very poorly handling the case, 1 time a lady hang up on me. Immediately I called back (30 min later) other person answers explaining me why lennox can not send you an warranty part for replacement. Still No solution for a replacement, Lennox is pure scam! I called back my customer with no a/c home that we have no solution but to look for other brand Air Conditioning... Don't be a victim. I would NEVER, ever, ever buy a lennox product.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Lennox moderated reviews on their own website. I encourage you to attempt to post a review before even buying a product. They will state any reviews talking about customer service or defective equipment will be removed!! Because of how the Google algorithm works the rating for Lennox provided by google is based on their own moderated reviews and entirely unreliable. I thought I was getting a product rated 4/5 stars only to find out that isn't true.

I can sum up all Lennox reviews with my experience. I had heard Lennox used proprietary parts that were often hard to obtain quickly unlike the other manufacturers where parts were interchangeable. This gives the illusion that Lennox has a superior product but I'm not certain this is true. They have a class action lawsuit about defective coils. 1 month after my brand new Lennox unit was installed the evaporator coil cracked. I live in Texas and this happened in the height of summer essentially making my house unlivable. Lennox does not have this particular coil in stock and can't ship out a new one for weeks.

I'm basically in a situation where I can't get a new unit because I just paid for this one, and my installer can't get any other coil because they have to use a Lennox one. Lennox won't let my installer use any of the other Lennox coils they have in the warehouse. I think Lennox is fine, the proprietary parts issue coupled with the excessive number of coil failures well documented on the internet is a big issue. You are essentially playing Russian roulette by buying one of their systems. I don't really see the benefit of them over a Trane or Carrier where this wouldn't be an issue.

One aspect of customer service I also found to be poorly thought out - consumer customer service does not talk to the warranty department. The warranty department only talks to licensed HVAC companies. If you call consumer customer service they can't tell you when your coil will ship or give you any updates, and if you call the warranty department they won't talk to you. I found that a little absurd. I don't think I'd buy a Lennox again after this experience.

Original review: June 27, 2021

A/C purchased in 2014, worked great for two years then problems started to pop up on parts and warranty coverage. Parts were covered but not the labor which is ridiculously high. 2016 Blower motor had to be replaced. 2020 Thermostat failed plus the TXV unit (whatever that is) failed. 2021 blower motor failed again on Friday afternoon and parts were not available until Monday afternoon because supply house was closed and repair company does not carry spares. It was a hot weekend. The Tech man stated that the blower motors all fail within 2 - 3 years and are only covered under the original warranty. After that the cost will increase by at least $1,000. Total replacement cost over 7 years for warranty parts was $1,975. No response from Lennox. I will never use another Lennox product or recommend it to anyone else plus will stop using the Installation company that sold the poor quality product to me.

Original review: June 24, 2021

We bought a new build in December 2017 and last summer 2020 our A/C went out! All the Freon leaked out because of a faulty coil. We got that fixed under warranty, however the Freon is not covered which cost over $600! Then comes 2021 A/C goes out again. Needed a new Compressor and Freon because it leaked out and had acid in it! Again Freon not covered $700! Just fixed on Monday and now two days later it stops cooling again! Freon leaked out. Another coil is bad. Tried calling Lennox to get some money back for Freon. Was on hold for over an hour to be told, "We don’t cover Freon as part of our warranty." Well, your faulty products made me have to refill the Freon so it should be a covered part. I’m beyond upset and if I ever buy a new system it will NOT be a Lennox! I promise you that!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Updated on 06/25/2021: Had ac company a second time, it quit twice last night. I have a disabled person at home. Their customer no service if you can get a hold of them. I have never had worse ac in my life. They like to take your money, but do not back up their product. It is all about money.

Updated on 06/24/2021: Day two. Went out again. Not even that hot outside. Even after having serviced. The CEO does not care it is all about service. He does not care because it is all about money. I would not put one of their piece of crap in again.

Original Review: Had ac company out. Replaced. Come back from vacation no ac. 117 degrees outside. I have lived in Arizona for over forty years and have not as many problems with an ac as Lennox. It was installed six years ago. The biggest piece of ** I have ever had.

Lennox author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lennox began in 1895 as a one-man operation building and selling steel furnaces and has since transformed into one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioners in North America. Lennox introduced central air conditioning systems to its customers in 1952. Now based in Texas, Lennox maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities all over North America. Find their products through a network of over 6,000 independent Lennox Dealers.

• SunSource solar energy system: Reduce heating and cooling costs by introducing solar energy into your home with the SunSource® solar energy system. Solar energy is a clean and abundant source of energy that can save you money on energy costs and allow you to apply for federal tax credits. Surplus energy from your air conditioning system can be sold or used to power other appliances or electronics in your home.

• Financing assistance: You can get a quality air conditioner even if you can’t afford it all up front. Lennox offers consumers 28 different loan types for air conditioners, including no payment, no interest options. Plans are available for most levels of credit.

• Energy Star: Lennox offers several air conditioners that have been certified by the federal government as Energy Star qualified. This means they are environmentally friendly and reduce energy consumption.

• Zone control: Lennox’s iHarmony zoning system empowers homeowners to control the temperature in different areas of the home. Control the temperature of different zones with your phone, tablet or other web-enabled devices.

• Thermostat recycling: Some older homes still have mercury-containing thermostats installed. These are dangerous for the environment and for people who may inadvertently wind up with mercury in their food or water supply. Lennox participates in a program run by the Thermostat Recycling Corporation, which is a nonprofit organization that facilitates the collection and disposal of mercury around the United States.

Lennox Company Information