3.8/5 (202 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennox

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?

Original review: May 3, 2022

I purchased a very expensive HVAC system about 3 1/2 years ago, it was a Lennox product. About 4 weeks ago, the system malfunctioned. I contacted the service dealer who installed the product and had been maintaining it for service. I was told that the coolant leaked out because there was a faulty soldering joint. I contacted Lennox and was connected to someone in customer service who robotically continued to tell me that it wasn't covered under the warranty as it wasn't a part. I attempted to explain numerous times that it was a manufacturing defect in the soldering job. I asked to speak to a manager and was only able to leave a message.

As of this writing about 3 weeks later I have not received a call back. I found Lennox's Facebook page and posted the situation. I received a comment back asked me to send a private message with the information about the system and someone would help me. I sent the private message and someone did write back to me stating they wouldn't help me, then proceeded to delete my message from their Facebook page. I wrote a subsequent message and it was never posted, so their followers think that they helped me with the problem. I had to pay over $1,200. to remediate their manufacturing defect. They do not stand behind their products and do not care that they are manufacturing inferior products.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Poor customer service that don’t keep warranty information updated thereby making it impossible to apply for warranty through its dealers even though it’s valid. My system was installed in a brand new house in 2105 but we were the first buyers in 2017. Warranty is effective but Lennox won't proactively fix the warranty end date in their system even though I provided builder paperwork. As a result dealer can’t validate warranty through their system and won’t schedule the repair. Lennox won’t allow me to call on behalf of the dealer. The dealer refuses to make a second call. I am stuck in a Catch 22 and while Lennox says it’s ‘understands’, it won’t allow me to get the under warranty parts unless the dealer calls since customer is not allowed to order the parts! I will not buy a LENNOX product for the ridiculous reasons I got from them … They are dishonest.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

My unit is 10 years old as is my house and now evaporator coil leaks. Need to be replaced for the second time. Lennox won't work under warranty - it expired not to say that the new evaporator was only 8 years old - installed under recall in 2014 or late 2013. Original installing dealer do not work with Lennox any more. It will cost me a much and I will not go with Lennox. Wish I know that before I purchased my brand new home from reputable builder with Lennox a/c product. Stay away from Lennox product. Product is bad and practical warranty even worst.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

If you buy a Lennox product, don't rely on the warranty or the customer service. 2+ hrs on hold over the phone and all of my emails were completely ignored. I wasn't able to reach anyone for the past 6-7 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Just over 5 years and my top of the line Lennox icomfort thermostat has died. The 1.5F capacitor inside has leaked all over the electronics inside. This has happened just outside the warranty period. This thermostat was multiple times the price as a google nest or other wifi thermostat, so I would expect it to last a lot longer. I have contacted Lennox and they will not replace it or give me a discount on a new unit. I believe the thermostat was $700, and when I purchased it, I bout a gas furnace, heat pump, and electronic air filter all at the same time. with installation from one of their distributors. For a failure like this it has most likely affected many users, and should be recalled in my opinion. It looks like the capacitor has been leaking for quite a while.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

ML195 95% Furnace failed after 8 years and 34 days. Repair was not an option given the amount of deterioration and rust. During the life of this product several parts have failed and were replaced. I contacted Lennox consumer affairs regarding any available warranty and of course none available. In my opinion this unit should not have failed in such a short period of time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I've been an HVAC technician since 1991. Lennox equipment seems to be constructed ok but good luck to you should you have an issue with residential equipment. I have screen shots that I would be happy to share of being on hold with Lennox support trying to deal with a customer's warranty issues for over 2hrs without getting to even talk to a representative. My customer continues to deal with a gas valve issue on a new furnace in -30 degree celsius weather. Time on hold with tech support on this issue alone is now up to 3.5hrs so far without resolve. We don't get paid to sit on hold - can't spend much more time trying to help this customer and they really shouldn't have to be paying for any of this repair.

I was told by the local wholesaler that I would be able to leave a call back number with another "updated phone number". Same result - so frustrating. No other manufacturer leaves us hanging like that. So glad we didn't do the installation because I would be so embarrassed right now. Good thing Lennox is good at marketing.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I moved into my home in 2013. The home was built in 2004. The original AC unit was with the home when we purchased it, and we didn't need to replace it until 2018. We decided to go with the Lennox unit because we were able to get financing through Costco. We thought we were purchasing a long-lasting unit for our home. The joke was on us.

That was April of 2018. Every single year since we'd have to have Red Cap (their maintenance company) come out and service our unit. At least one time in the year the unit stops working and we have to have it flushed with hot water to get rid of the mildew. Red Cap claims this is normal for FL but I'd never heard of this in all our years living here.

Therefore, it was no surprise in December of 2021, when all of a sudden the unit stopped working. We expected another flush was needed and called the guy out to do the usual work. Except this time, he said the coolant was low and we likely had a leak. We paid the $250 to have him check just to confirm that yes, we needed a new coil at a whopping $1,600 cost! I am not even done paying off this $7,000 unit, but suddenly it's costing me $1,600 to replace a coil?

While my husband is talking to the guy, I pulled up our original invoice which included the warranty info. Sure enough, "parts and coils" have a 10 year warranty according to the document we were given by Red Cap when it was installed. My husband took that out to the service guy and the service guy tells him "yeah, the part is covered under warranty, but the $1,600 is for labor. Normally it's $3,000 without warranty." WHAT? $1,600 for labor to remove and replace a coil? The entire unit was $7,000 and that included pulling out and discarding the old indoor and outdoor units. So how on earth is labor to replace a COIL $1,600?? Oh and get this, we had to pay for the "labor" in advance in order for them to order the "covered" part/coil.

It's unusually hot here in FL for December and we can't go without AC when it's up to 85 every day. So we had no choice but to pay the $1,600 to get the ball rolling so we could get the part ordered to fix this ASAP. I'm livid that a 4 year old AC unit has major parts breaking when I haven't even finished paying it off. I'm sick and tired of service people telling us "oh yeah they don't make ____ like they used to." Stop buying cheap parts for your systems then. Give us quality products that work and last!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Sat on hold for Lennox Warranty Department for over an hour & 40 minutes yesterday to try and talk to someone about my 4 year AC unit that blew a hole in my Evaporator Coil. No replacement parts available, no AC for 3 weeks now and nobody answering the phones #LennoxLetMeDown

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I bought the top of the range Lennox high efficiency furnace at the recommendation of my furnace company, assuming reliability at the price I paid. Instead I got a lemon. Despite being the most expensive one, the secondary heat exchanger literally burst with corrosion after only 4 yrs. I had it serviced every year. Meant to last 15-20 years. It literally spews out acid and carbon monoxide over the system and onto the floor. They are not accountable for their quality and do not give an explanation. Lennox will never replace the furnace but want the whole thing stripped down, and don’t care about collateral damage. I will not be looking at Lennox again.

Lennox author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lennox began in 1895 as a one-man operation building and selling steel furnaces and has since transformed into one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioners in North America. Lennox introduced central air conditioning systems to its customers in 1952. Now based in Texas, Lennox maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities all over North America. Find their products through a network of over 6,000 independent Lennox Dealers.

• SunSource solar energy system: Reduce heating and cooling costs by introducing solar energy into your home with the SunSource® solar energy system. Solar energy is a clean and abundant source of energy that can save you money on energy costs and allow you to apply for federal tax credits. Surplus energy from your air conditioning system can be sold or used to power other appliances or electronics in your home.

• Financing assistance: You can get a quality air conditioner even if you can’t afford it all up front. Lennox offers consumers 28 different loan types for air conditioners, including no payment, no interest options. Plans are available for most levels of credit.

• Energy Star: Lennox offers several air conditioners that have been certified by the federal government as Energy Star qualified. This means they are environmentally friendly and reduce energy consumption.

• Zone control: Lennox’s iHarmony zoning system empowers homeowners to control the temperature in different areas of the home. Control the temperature of different zones with your phone, tablet or other web-enabled devices.

• Thermostat recycling: Some older homes still have mercury-containing thermostats installed. These are dangerous for the environment and for people who may inadvertently wind up with mercury in their food or water supply. Lennox participates in a program run by the Thermostat Recycling Corporation, which is a nonprofit organization that facilitates the collection and disposal of mercury around the United States.

Lennox Company Information