Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

432 Lennox Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Kowalski Htg&Clg was the installer. I would recommend him to anyone. He takes great pride in his work and does not hesitate to answer any question you might have. Even more noteworthy he will make any modification if possible. Top-notch installer and does excellent service!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

SLP98 furnace and XC17 Air with S30 iComfort - Installed both equipment in 2011. Upgraded iComfort last year. Never ever had any issue. Extreme winter like -35C and hot summer like +35c. Both equipment works smoothly (heating and cooling) 5000sft house.

Get expert buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I wanted to take the time to write a good review since most people only bother to write reviews when they have an problem. After all when you buy a new product you expect it to work so why would you bother to write a review for that! Well I decided to write this because as most of you are probably doing now, you’re contemplating buying a Lennox but are reading reviews first, and like you I found mostly negative things. I’m not sure it made me feel much better but all the brands I researched had mostly bad reviews. So here’s my experience... I installed a fully modulating furnace (SLP98) and A/C (XC20) along with the WiFi stat and let me tell you it’s awesome! Quietest and most efficient units I’ve ever had. The one thing I also kept reading for Lennox is that parts are hard to get.

I feel like all of those reviews came from California, maybe they are hard to get in California? I’m from Iowa and maybe it’s because Lennox is manufactured in Marshalltown, IA, but that does not seem to be the case here. I haven’t had many problems but the few times I had to have a small part replaced on my older unit the tech showed up with the part and fixed the unit same day. But as I’ll discuss next that probably has more to do with the installation company than the manufacturer. From reading most of these reviews and as I’ve read before, most of the problems sound like an installation issue, but unfortunately Lennox takes the hit for poor service and installation by the contractor.

That being said I would focus more on the contractor's reviews than these Lennox product reviews. I’ve had Lennox products for 40 years going back to the Pulse furnace and they’ve been great! But I’ve also had Lozier, a reputable company in my area, who’s been in business for over 100 years always do my installations. Just wanted to take a minute to give a positive review for a product that is expected to work and thank my contractor for doing a top notch job with a top of the line product. From a life long satisfied customer. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I've been installing hvac systems for 24 years. Never in my experience have I seen so many problems with the evaporator coils or thermostats. Failure after failure. Many within a year of the installation. It's hard telling the customer that they have to spend even more money to make the system work that they already spent money on or that they are still trying to pay off. On top of that I have to tell them I'm putting the same faulty part that has failed in the first place. Lennox has made no effort in changing the bi metal coil with a aluminum type. It is damaging to the consumer and the companies that install them. Lennox was so misleading in telling us we were selling a great product. What a piece of junk.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

July 2016 I purchased a new home with two new Lennox Elite HVAC units. July 2019, evaporator coil in the upstairs unit fails. $780.00 for labor to replace. September 2019, evaporator coil in the downstairs unit fails. $730.00 for labor to replace. If you have a Lennox unit, get a home warranty with a low deductible. Based on what I've read, the problem continues. If this is happening to you, be sure to file a complaint against Lennox with your local Attorney General's office. Can't hurt to get the paper trail going with local government agencies. Lennox knows exactly what is going on and is not going to voluntarily admit any wrongdoing. The proof is the replacement frequency being supplied in court regarding the units in questions. They can't deny documented failure after failure in 2 or 3 years of service. So be sure to provide documentation to your local Attorney General. It will help lay the groundwork for another class action suit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

This review is specific to product support not the products themselves. To keep it short, I needed to know if I could install a UV purifier above the condenser in the plenum. Lennox told me they would not answer my question and that I should contact my HVAC dealer. I did that and the dealer was only able to obtain a document that did Not directly answer my question. Not a way to get repeat business from me.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I wish I could give zero stars, Lennox does not deserve even one star! Our builder installed Lennox units in our home, as many new home builders are doing here in Central Florida. Seriously, I think Lennox offered these bunk units at a discount and all the builders and installers are gobbling them up, with the promise of future problems resulting in warranty calls and service calls keeping everyone’s business thriving. We purchased our new home in April 2016, after the class action settlement.

Since closing, our A/C has failed every summer. We have replaced both coils, and now the “superior” coated coil (installed summer 2017) has a leak. I have service calls every few months when one of our units is not holding the correct temperature differential at the air handler and the A/C is not cooling properly. The diagnosis is always the same, pressure is off, we need Freon. $200 here, $300 there, and this is only when we add Freon. Let’s see if we have a leak, another $100-$200 for a leak test. Replacing the coil, well, I need to come up with an additional $600-$800 for that service call. This really adds up. So do I continue applying band aids, and paying my Freon dealer...no.

I need peace of mind that when the weather outside is 96 degrees and sunny, my A/C will be able to keep up with 76 degrees. Seriously, Lennox, should I really be out getting quotes for two new HVAC systems after 3.5 years? Well, I am. Every HVAC installer’s advice is the same, stay away from Lennox. Nothing but negative feedback from HVAC installers, neighbors having same problems. Stay away from Lennox. Customer service is inconsiderate and inadequate, units soon to become scrap! Anyone out there looking for two 3.5 year old units, I will sell them real cheap!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I purchased a new Lennox XP20 heat pump and CBA38MV air handler system in August 2018 and for the first month the whole system was shutting down multiple times a day with an over current compressor error code 433. I would have to reset my breaker 4 times a day. After 6 or 7 techs and 4 weeks of troubleshooting they finally determined the control board on the heat pump was faulty and proceeded to replace it.

Since replacing the board the system has not been able to communicate with the heat pump and register itself with the communicating system to be able to run tests and diagnostics etc and verify the system is running properly. Still getting error code 441 on a daily basis which is a similar over current error but doesn't shut the system down. I got in touch with Lennox Corporate and they assigned a technician to correct the issue. I was called by him and was told he would come out and fix the issue within a couple weeks. Fast forward a year later and still not fixed. The Lennox technician basically blew it off and has not been in contact whatsoever.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

We purchased a Lennox system about 3 years ago not knowing that there's a class action suit against them. Our system has a faulty evaporator coil unit that leaks. But it's been a real pain to get Lennox to do the right thing. They've been extremely evasive, irresponsible, and frustrating to deal with. Their product is obviously inferior and unreliable. They cut corners to boost their profit margin by reducing the wall thickness of the copper tubing. And this contributed to the premature failure of the system. As long as I live I would never allow myself and everyone in my family to spend money on Lennox ever again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I purchased 3 Lennox AC System in 2014! Having my first problem six months later with a bad AC Compressor, followed by 3 variable rate blowers, followed by 2 AC Condensers, followed by 3 AC Evaporator! Today my tech rechecked my units to find out I have 2 more bad evaporators as they are leaking again after they were replaced a year ago! Lennox is terrible so save your money and buy a cheaper unit that will last you double the Lennox without hassles of constantly being without AC in state of Florida!!!

Lennox expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lennox began in 1895 as a one-man operation building and selling steel furnaces and has since transformed into one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioners in North America. Lennox introduced central air conditioning systems to its customers in 1952. Now based in Texas, Lennox maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities all over North America. Find their products through a network of over 6,000 independent Lennox Dealers.

• SunSource solar energy system: Reduce heating and cooling costs by introducing solar energy into your home with the SunSource® solar energy system. Solar energy is a clean and abundant source of energy that can save you money on energy costs and allow you to apply for federal tax credits. Surplus energy from your air conditioning system can be sold or used to power other appliances or electronics in your home.

• Financing assistance: You can get a quality air conditioner even if you can’t afford it all up front. Lennox offers consumers 28 different loan types for air conditioners, including no payment, no interest options. Plans are available for most levels of credit.

• Energy Star: Lennox offers several air conditioners that have been certified by the federal government as Energy Star qualified. This means they are environmentally friendly and reduce energy consumption.

• Zone control: Lennox’s iHarmony zoning system empowers homeowners to control the temperature in different areas of the home. Control the temperature of different zones with your phone, tablet or other web-enabled devices.

• Thermostat recycling: Some older homes still have mercury-containing thermostats installed. These are dangerous for the environment and for people who may inadvertently wind up with mercury in their food or water supply. Lennox participates in a program run by the Thermostat Recycling Corporation, which is a nonprofit organization that facilitates the collection and disposal of mercury around the United States.

• Best for: homeowners interested in saving money by investing in solar technology and those who are interested in zone control.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs