3.9/5 (1027 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennox

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennox?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Less than 2 year old Merit Series ML14XP1 Heat Pump -> 3 x Failures in < 2 years = no heat in winter! Internal wiring of unit rubs against sheet metal causing shorts, each failure in a new location. Service technicians say this is a common failure: Wire is not well protected from factory. Product failure is not covered by warranty or extended warranty resulting in $355 CAD/emergency call labor repair bill, won't replace wire harness. Disappointed w/ lack of responsibility for poor design.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Lennox products are very efficient. But the costs of product and repairs in my opinion make it a bad value. Have unit that just went out of warranty. Replaced blower 2 years ago. Went out again. Cost to replace was 1700. Dollars. They have one year warranty.. Next unit will be a Carrier.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

At the end of June 2022 our (5 year old) heat pump failed due to a faulty coil. Our service vendor ordered a replacement coil which was under warranty on the same day. In mid September, the part still had not been delivered and our A/C was still not working. We live in Florida and it’s not okay to live without A/C. I ended up ordering a new system from York to replace the Lennox unit since there was no indication of when the part would be replaced. I had no recourse and no other possible solution. I took Lennox to small claims court and was unsuccessful in recovering any cost associated with the breach of warranty. I will never buy a house with a Lennox system or purchase a Lennox HVAC system.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

We bought a new Lennox furnace in February 2021. It was working until this past Saturday. We called the installers and they came out to look at it & determined it was the gas pressure regulator valve that had gone out. Of course the local Lennox parts warehouse didn't have any in stock and when the part arrived, it was the wrong one! Once the correct part was received, the furnace still wouldn't work so the installers called Lennox and were told to replace the motherboard - which of course Lennox did not stock! Been without heat for close to a week now with no relief in sight - for a Lennox furnace that isn't even two years old yet!.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

We spent $20K+ on an Air Conditioner condenser and a IComfort Wi-Fi thermostat from Lennox. Seven years later, both the condenser AND thermostat are dead and inoperable. Lennox has an opt-in requirement or else they deny extended warranty claims from years 6-10 - but fortunately we live in California where shady small print like that is prohibited so they have to cover the condenser part.

Yet, they discontinued our model of thermostat, and designed the next generation to cost $1300 and be proprietary, so they upcharge their customers once you are in the Lennox ecosystem. And to make matters worse, they make their thermostat incompatible with the previous generation, so we have to also buy, from them, a second in-zone thermostat for upstairs, to replace one that is totally operable, because they design their products to take advantage of customers for maximum profit. It’s obvious and terrible, and their customer service is as ineffective as their products. Avoid Lennox products at all cost.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

My Lennox Air Conditioner coil was found to be leaking August 2022 by a local certified HVAC specialist. My system was in use for one year and likely was installed with a known faulty unit. There is history of Lennox providing faulty coils to their customers. It does not appear they are trying to fix this trend. It is leading to customers having to pay untimely labor and repair costs. Additionally, the amount of Freon lost to countless leaking coils has environmental and safety implications. Hopefully EPA is working to hold them accountable in this area. I have lost confidence in the Lennox company at this time.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

If I could give these guys negative stars, it would be infinite. I've never waited on hold so long, so many times, and with NO call-backs when requested for a single issue. The reps (when you actually get ahold of them) are dismissive and unhelpful. I cannot in good conscience continue to be a distributor for their products as a result of the lack of ability to stand behind them. I will go out of my way to sell anything else but a Lennox product from here on out, and if the customer still insists, I'll be directing them elsewhere. I will absolutely NEVER do business with this low-rate, unable, useless, tiresome, worthless, infuriating company ever again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I have a Lennox air conditioner that is 1 1/2 years old and needs a new evaporator coil. The cost will be $3,100 to replace evaporator coil and add refrigerate. I just discovered Lennox settled a lawsuit due to faulty evaporator coils. Had I know this, I would have bought another brand. I am extremely disappointed that I bought an expensive AC and less than two years later I have to replace the evaporator coil. Lennox told me it was uncommon to have faulty evaporator coil. Is there a way I can get added to the lawsuit?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I bought Lennox elite EL296UH070XV36B-02 furnace on Aug 29, 2012. In Oct 5, 2022 the blower is stop working just one month past the end of warranty. There is no any error code on the control board. I did search through internet and did some test and looks like the motor control module has issues. I take the module to parts and try to test it, but I cannot find any technical documentations show the spec of the 3 pin connector to motor. So there is no way to confirm this part is really bad or not. In the end I spent $456. Bought a new module (It is a non re-fundable part). Fortunately my bet is in the right side.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Had a whole house install done a year ago and Saturday evening came home to a 85 degree house. Checked the unit outside and the compressor and lines frozen. Called the install company and they couldn't get out until Monday. Not wanting to wait and knowing my way around A/C systems I removed the panel on the handler to have a look at the coil and discovered the glue that holds the insulation on the top panel had failed and the insulation fell on top of the coil. Naturally it caused the coil (with the insulation on it), lines, and compressor to freeze in a solid block of ice. Used a fan to thaw the ice catching as much of the water as possible, replaced the panel and started it back up and it worked.

First thing Monday the installation company shows up and inspect and takes photos. Tells me that it the labor warranty is days out but will contact Lennox to figure out how to repair. Meanwhile the condensation is dripping everywhere because the insulation is compromised and mold is starting to grow. They call me back and tell me that I will be responsible for the cleanup and repair. I call Lennox and they said that their handler can't create mold because they do not create water! LOL I asked why they put drains on them then. This company does not back their product and they will put you on hold for over an hour hoping you hang up.

Lennox author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lennox began in 1895 as a one-man operation building and selling steel furnaces and has since transformed into one of the largest manufacturers of air conditioners in North America. Lennox introduced central air conditioning systems to its customers in 1952. Now based in Texas, Lennox maintains manufacturing and distribution facilities all over North America. Find their products through a network of over 6,000 independent Lennox Dealers.

• SunSource solar energy system: Reduce heating and cooling costs by introducing solar energy into your home with the SunSource® solar energy system. Solar energy is a clean and abundant source of energy that can save you money on energy costs and allow you to apply for federal tax credits. Surplus energy from your air conditioning system can be sold or used to power other appliances or electronics in your home.

• Financing assistance: You can get a quality air conditioner even if you can’t afford it all up front. Lennox offers consumers 28 different loan types for air conditioners, including no payment, no interest options. Plans are available for most levels of credit.

• Energy Star: Lennox offers several air conditioners that have been certified by the federal government as Energy Star qualified. This means they are environmentally friendly and reduce energy consumption.

• Zone control: Lennox’s iHarmony zoning system empowers homeowners to control the temperature in different areas of the home. Control the temperature of different zones with your phone, tablet or other web-enabled devices.

• Thermostat recycling: Some older homes still have mercury-containing thermostats installed. These are dangerous for the environment and for people who may inadvertently wind up with mercury in their food or water supply. Lennox participates in a program run by the Thermostat Recycling Corporation, which is a nonprofit organization that facilitates the collection and disposal of mercury around the United States.

Lennox Company Information