Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Air Conditioner Reviews

Original review: July 24, 2019

The unit is ONLY 2 months old and has lots of mold/mildew on the inside as you look through the vent. The backing is made of styrofoam! Cheap and not cleanable! Beware and do not purchase for the health of you and your family. Frigidaire will NOT do anything about this and proceeds to tell me to pay for a service provider to clean the unit at my cost!

Original review: July 20, 2019

Went to Best Buy at Gateway Mall Brooklyn NY to buy an air conditioner, ended up buying a brand new Frigidaire air conditioner 6000 btu, supposably cools off 250 sq ft. I got it for a bedroom less than 150 to 200 sq ft. The worst thing I ever spent my money on.. it does not cool off the room whatsoever. It’s not worth the money. It visually pretty and quite but it’s doesnt work! Only way you feel any cool air is by standing directly in front of the Air Conditioner. What a waste.

Get expert buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Purchased a 6000 BTU unit according to room spec from PC Richards. Cooling is poor, fan speed is weak and now the inside rattles. Noticed the inside is styrofoam. Disposing the unit as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I had bought a window unit for Frigidaire and after 1 month stop working. Call customer care at Walmart and called com CSR. Was closed on Friday evening. Need someone to call me at **. Thank you. Not reliable product. Very much upset when I had pay 303.00.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I had installed a new Frigidaire HVAC system in my home 11 years ago to the day. The Air Handler motor broke this last weekend, I called the company that installed it and found out it had a 10 year warranty. Well I thought that is nice, but OK. Then I got a call this morning that the replacement motor is $800 or 25% of the cost to install the entire system, which included a new outside unit, furnace, and air handler as well as the installation. I would recommend anyone NOT purchase a Frigidaire central air system, or at the very least don't purchase one with the defective variable speed option. There are many units and I saved $350 to purchase this unit over a Trane system. Don't I feel like an idiot now.

This company makes priority parts where you must purchase their overpriced replacement parts, and I have to wait two more days for the motor to be shipped in, with an outside temperature over 100 degrees each day. I can only hope that the president of Frigidaire has to sit in a house with no HVAC for a week in his home due to someone's stupidity. A motor is a motor and no product should have a specialty motor which GE, or some other motor company did not make to stop this price gouging, delay in repair and the obvious design flaw of this company. Frigidaire has just bought themselves a great advertiser for NOT PURCHASING A FRIGIDAIRE anything. This is one opinion I will not be keeping to myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: July 4, 2018

Bought one (Portable air conditioner) originally due to health issues in carrying things (rotator cuff). It lasted 2 years then just stopped working. My daughter had the same one in storage in her cellar (heated) and has used it maybe a dozen times for a day. It now leaks water all over the carpet. Needless to say it will be the last of the Frigidaire products we ever buy. Junk.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Less than 3yrs old. Used 5 times and always stored in winter. Could pass for new. This year when I plugged it in, within seconds it stoped working. Customer service said it’s the display panel, parts not available and I need to buy new one. I have a 17 yr old GE manual a/c that still works beautifully. But this Frigidaire unit model FFRE08L3Q1 is totally and completely junk.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have a room A/C I bought from Lowe's. I started having problems with unit and I contacted Lowe's on 5-15-18 and was advised that they had the record of my purchase and the unit was still under warranty and a repair order would be issued to Electrolux. I receive an email confirming the repair order had been issued and that repairs would be completed by 5-29-18. No one called or showed for repair, so I called Lowe's again and was advised that Frigidaire did not repair these units and they transferred me to Frigidaire to get a RA. Frigidaire advised me that they did not repair any a/c unit under 16,000 btus, and that my unit was not under warranty.

I explained to her that my product manual stated that the unit had a 7 year warranty. After an 1 1/2 hours on the phone. I was advised that the warranty could not be verified and there would be no repair or replacement. I called and talked to someone and explained the situation and we were able to verify that the unit was under warranty. All of a sudden then the story about no unit under 16,000 btus was replaced and not repaired changed. She told me would send repair company and advised me who would be coming. I advised her that the same company had came out to repair my other Frigidaire A/C and that they were unreliable and it took them over 3 weeks to do the repair. She said they were the only repairer in the area. I got a call from the servicer and was advised that the repair order listed the unit as out of warranty.

I told him that was incorrect and that I had my manual that stated the unit had a 7 year warranty and that I had already verified the warranty with Frigidaire. I called Frigidaire again and talked to representative again and explained issue and she called servicer. While I was on hold and he told her he was refusing to come out and repair unit. She told me of this and I told her I knew this guy was unreliable. She stated she would call another repair company and I told her I had been advised he we the only one in the area.

She advised me she had others and would call one. Later I got a call from same company and was advised they would service unit. The repairman came out and looked at unit and advised he needed to order parts and would return in 1-2 weeks for repair. 3 weeks later still no repair. The temp is 90+ here and I have been trying to get this a/c repaired for almost 6 weeks. This is beyond ridiculous. No warranty repair. All I have received is delay tactics and lies. There is no acceptable excuse that the unit was not repaired or replaced weeks ago.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Never... NEVER purchase a Frigidaire appliance (Frigidaire 15000 BTU window AC)! They are fine, as any other product also is Fine... UNTIL there is a problem with the product. If the buyer encounters some warranty service... God Bless You! Terrible, Terrible service! Ya get the runaround, no return phone calls from corporate supervisors. Had 7 total service calls, at my home, for a really inferior product... cannot get a replacement unit! STILL HAVE A NON WORKING WINDOW AC! One of the worst products and worst technical service I've ever encountered. Purchased from Frigidaire company.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I bought a Frigidaire a/c window unit 18,500 but in 2013. Compressor will not come on when outside temp is 85 or higher. That's when I need it the most!!! No satisfaction yet from Frigidaire. Not to mention all the black mold that builds up every year. Seems quality has gone out the window and making more money is in!!!

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After manufacturing early versions of electric refrigerator in 1916, The Guardian Frigerator Company was bought and renamed Frigidaire by General Motors in 1918. Since then, Frigidaire has been a major innovator of home technology, including introducing the first color-matching appliances, the first home chest freezer and the first automatic ice dispenser. Today consumers appreciate Frigidaire’s focus on energy-efficiency and smart technology along with their versatile selection of air conditioners.

• Versatility: Frigidaire sells several different types of air conditioners, including window, wall, portable, ductless split, PTACs and central air conditioning units. With such a variety, Frigidaire has something for everyone.

• Easy to find: Frigidaire’s “dealer locator” option on their website makes it easy to find a retailer who sells Frigidaire in your area. You can also find a certified contractor to install your HVAC system through their website.

• Rebates: Frigidaire routinely offers rebates and promotions on all its products, including air conditioners. Make sure to check their website before you buy your air conditioner to see if your purchase qualifies for a special offer.

• Online product support and manuals: Don’t worry if you misplace your manual. Frigidaire’s website houses manuals for its products so you can quickly access the information you need. The website also has product support for troubleshooting and general questions.

• Free shipping: Customers who prefer to shop online will enjoy free shipping on purchases over $25. Purchases that are less than $25 enjoy flat-rate shipping.

• Best for: homeowners, apartment dwellers, senior citizens and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs