Frigidaire Air Conditioner

Frigidaire Air Conditioner

3.9/5 (121 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Frigidaire Air Conditioner

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Frigidaire Air Conditioner Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Air Conditioner?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Freidrich in bedroom almost 19 years old and good but next year will need new one. Was great 18 years. Frigidaire living room did not stay working as air conditioner more than 4 seasons warm air. Waste of money. Never bought any a/c other than Freidrich in all the years as senior before. I Will never, never, never buy a frigidaire product again. Waste of over 500 dollars, pay almost double and it will last 4x the amount of years and superior obviously product freidrich. No customer service either, just tried a number not in order

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I have a casement style Frigidaire A/C in my bedroom, and a thru-the-wall Frigidaire A/C in my living room of my condo - both perform well, have intuitive remote controls, and have lasted very well. A friend had a daughter diagnosed with MS, so we had to scramble some years ago to get A/Cs quick before she could come home from the hospital - with a casement style Frigidaire A/C running 24 hours per day, it still lasted 8 years, and was replaced with another - Also have one other Frigidaire casement style in another window of the house - has lasted well, and performed well for years. When I needed a part damaged in shipping, control panel - Frigidaire sent me the part quickly, at no charge.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Landlord provided this noisemaker about 5 years ago. The fan is too loud. Though it is rated to cool our entire one bedroom apt, it will not cool the room it is in on warm days. This place is airtight and well insulated. Yet it runs and runs and runs. If you examine the good reviews here you will see a pattern: "good value", "easy to use", "sleek stylish design" written by our friends in some other country. Do better Consumer Reports, you have not verified anything. These units are poorly engineered junk not to be purchased at any price. Lowe's, Best Buy, Walmart are all in on the scam. There should be a class action suit against Frigidaire. Not helping global warming by building junk.

Original review: June 24, 2022

This is with regards to Frigidaire's customer support/warrant department. We just purchased a Frigidaire air conditioning window unit until our new HVAC is installed. The unit was installed per every step of the installation manual. The unit was running for approximately 45 minutes before I called customer support/warranty department per their website. Long story short, the error was on my end because I had set the fan to High Fan, which on the dial is the highest setting you can rotate the knob to, instead of High Cool Fan which was the 2nd notch from the end of the rotation furthest from the Off selection. You may see how this can be easily overlooked. We figured that out.

However, before we figured this out, the unit was running for approximately 45 minutes before I called customer support/warranty department per their website. The lady I spoke with on the phone was immediately rude, negative, and completely unhelpful. I told her we just purchased the unit, and it's not cooling. Instead of going through some initial easy checks, she begins to give me the 3rd degree: where did I buy this, how did I buy this, when did I buy this. She did ask for a model number and serial number. I gave her the model number, but she cut me off in conversation before I could give her the serial number. It's clear by the model number we purchased a new unit. Why then cut me off when attempting to give them the serial number?

Then, she asked me if I waited to install the unit after the delivery driver dropped it off at my house. I stated I waited an hour, but I read the installation and user guide manual before doing anything with the unit. I told her there is nothing in either of those manuals that state one should wait x-amount of time. Again, it was the way she was saying these things. Like, "are you stupid?", "you're a liar". Honestly, it was worse than dealing with AT&T customer service. I finally hung up, and we attempted to figure out the problem ourselves and did. It's brand-spanking new. After reading several reviews here, I will definitely report back if the unit stops working within the reasonable time period it should be working.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My church purchased Frigidaire Room Air Conditioner for my home in June 2021. It worked for only 2 1/2 months and stopped working. The unit is leaking oil from the back of the unit, so I called about the warranty on this unit. Called in August for service. No show, then I called back and they reschedule another service call. Still NO SHOW again. Called again. They said the work order is still open but it is 7:30pm at night. REALLY? No Show. It is now September 28, 2021 still no repairman to look at my AC Unit. Where is the service for your product that is under Warranty?? Bad customer service. No one can answer my question "Is there a really repairman for Frigidaire?" No service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I spent too much money in Texas. It failed at 86 degrees. Over 90 it sucks. I am shipping this POS back to their chief engineer at my cost. I will never buy a "Frigidaire" POS again. I will get in a pick up truck and dump the POS on them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Purchased mobile home in 2019 with Frigidaire central air installed June of 2019. Unit not cooling and called for service. Company found a leaking compressor. Frigidaire claims a ten year parts warranty but if you are not the original purchaser on the AC unit the warranty goes to 5 years. Called about part and local distributor did not want go honor warranty. Another distributor would cover the part but has to be shipped and I have to pay for the shipping which is over 100 dollars. When it comes in to be installed I have to pay another 1300 dollars on top on the money already spent to diagnose the problem. So far have waited four days for the part and in the meantime it's been over 80 degrees here. My wife and I are both senior citizens on a fixed income. The repair person also told me that the units have a history on the coils rusting out. I called the manufacturer and they don’t care. I told them the only good use for the unit is a boat anchor.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Bought a new home 3 years ago. Home was equipped with a heat pump. This unit is made by Frigidaire. Been in this home now for 3 years. The heat pump has failed every year so far. First an outside coil. Then another outside coil. The whole outside unit was replaced in January of 2018. Had unit serviced in fall of 2018 and it was low on freon (again) no leak was found? Unit worked until fall of 2019 then down again. Very low on freon again. This time was another service person as the installer didn't want to work on it anymore. This person found a small leak in the A coil (inside part). Just had that replaced at over $700.00. The part was under warranty but labor is not.

I have been in contact with Frigidaire and was basically told that's the way it goes. It has a warranty. This service person told me to save my money as I will be replacing the whole unit. Only a matter of when. He told me (as others have) that Frigidaire units are not reliable at all and always fail and end up being replaced. I can not believe equipment like this is allowed to be sold. This is our 4th home. The last one we lived in for 30 years with the same heat and air unit the whole time. Oh it needed to have repairs and service but that was over a 30 year span. We sold the home with that unit still doing a good job.

If Frigidaire units can't go a year without major failure how can I expect to be happy with this garbage. I am saving to put a new heat pump in my new house now. I urge you to stay away from Frigidaire and the people who insist they are good. I also invite the Frigidaire company to contact me and explain to me why after all this work and replaced parts my "new" heat pump of only 3 years old is such a piece of junk. What can they say to me (to anyone) who is unfortunate enough to own one of these units that can make us feel better, or happy with what we own (stuck with). So the invitation is put out to Frigidaire!

Original review: July 24, 2019

The unit is ONLY 2 months old and has lots of mold/mildew on the inside as you look through the vent. The backing is made of styrofoam! Cheap and not cleanable! Beware and do not purchase for the health of you and your family. Frigidaire will NOT do anything about this and proceeds to tell me to pay for a service provider to clean the unit at my cost!

Original review: July 20, 2019

Went to Best Buy at Gateway Mall Brooklyn NY to buy an air conditioner, ended up buying a brand new Frigidaire air conditioner 6000 btu, supposably cools off 250 sq ft. I got it for a bedroom less than 150 to 200 sq ft. The worst thing I ever spent my money on.. it does not cool off the room whatsoever. It’s not worth the money. It visually pretty and quite but it’s doesnt work! Only way you feel any cool air is by standing directly in front of the Air Conditioner. What a waste.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

After manufacturing early versions of electric refrigerator in 1916, The Guardian Frigerator Company was bought and renamed Frigidaire by General Motors in 1918. Since then, Frigidaire has been a major innovator of home technology, including introducing the first color-matching appliances, the first home chest freezer and the first automatic ice dispenser. Today consumers appreciate Frigidaire’s focus on energy-efficiency and smart technology along with their versatile selection of air conditioners.

• Versatility: Frigidaire sells several different types of air conditioners, including window, wall, portable, ductless split, PTACs and central air conditioning units. With such a variety, Frigidaire has something for everyone.

• Easy to find: Frigidaire’s “dealer locator” option on their website makes it easy to find a retailer who sells Frigidaire in your area. You can also find a certified contractor to install your HVAC system through their website.

• Rebates: Frigidaire routinely offers rebates and promotions on all its products, including air conditioners. Make sure to check their website before you buy your air conditioner to see if your purchase qualifies for a special offer.

• Online product support and manuals: Don’t worry if you misplace your manual. Frigidaire’s website houses manuals for its products so you can quickly access the information you need. The website also has product support for troubleshooting and general questions.

• Free shipping: Customers who prefer to shop online will enjoy free shipping on purchases over $25. Purchases that are less than $25 enjoy flat-rate shipping.

Frigidaire Air Conditioner Company Information