Frigidaire Air Conditioner

Compare Air Conditioners

Research top Air Conditioners recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The room air conditioner didn't work out of the box. Though they will replace the unit, I'm out another $120.00 to have the bad unit taken out and replace with a unit that works. If the second unit is faulty I have to pay again. Frigidaire couldn't care less. Bad company.

Its systems are super easy to maintain and clean. Very cold air is produced and it's very quiet compared to other products. It's also very affordable and space saving on certain units. It has been great overall. Product quiet and effective. Not much water waste either for those who don't like to waste. I enjoy it a lot after a hard day of hot work. Cool, sleek design on some products. They're very edgy and give a home or business that extra touch that makes it seem more modern and beautiful. It has never given me any trouble in almost 3 years. Best investment of my life. I just clean it externally and let it rest for a few hours a day. Other than that nothing needs to be done.

It works well and keeps the bedroom cold like I like it for next to no money extra on the bill. Turn it on for couple hours in the morning and evening and it's great. Works great on the upstairs bedroom better than any other we've had. Makes it cool. Used less than 5 hours a day. Used in peak season during the hottest part of the day. Not big and clunky like some other models. Does what it is supposed to do without being cumbersome or daunting or a sore thumb. Have had it for two years without a problem yet. Get you one for your house now. Really reliable!

Has made my summer very comfortable and relaxing without having to worry about the heat. The air conditioner runs cold and is an extremely great product. Will always stick with this brand. The performance of the air conditioner is extremely well. It has multiple settings to help improve a better experience for those hot summer days. It has a great look to it as well as being easy to use. White in color, multiple settings, easy to see buttons, clear writing as well as big buttons. I haven't had any problems with this product. It has been very reliable, the filter has stayed very clean throughout the summer without having to be cleaned or replaced. It turns on no problems and cools down a room extremely quickly.

Got my money plus I have not had a mechanical issue in over six years. No freon problems. Runs great. No motor issues or electrical - just keeps working. I have another that has never had a problem for over ten years. Frigidaire builds a great school unit. You never need to worry about breakdowns or cooling problems. You get years of hassle free performance. Many of the co on the market just don't compare. Looks good. Fits well in my home. Nice color and overall look. Dials and digitals are well placed and lit. Easy to use and run. It is just a good looking addition to my home. When I picked my unit there were many options. I picked Frigidaire right away. I have not had any problems with my Frigidaire unit. It runs well and I have not had a problem with the motor or electrical in over six years. I have not lost or had to charge any Freon in the six plus years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Made in the USA. EFFICIENT and cost effective. This was my first and only air conditioning unit. Will not replace it until it dies. Paid $400 for it and it has been worth every penny. This air conditioning unit is loud by today's standards. However, performs its intended purpose (cooling) beautifully. Will definitely replace with a new Frigidaire unit when the time comes. Had had no parts, labor or service in 16 years. Still runs beautifully. Obviously well crafted and sturdy.

This product like its name has kept the air frigid and thus I have not lost high amounts of money in the summer due to having the windows and doors open. Has been a huge help over the summer. As the heat starts to rise I know I can be assured my home will be nice and cool. My Frigidaire air conditioner has a small compact appearance that doesn't make it stick out and is easily unnoticeable. This prevents it from ruining the decor of the house. My Frigidaire has never failed in its duty to keep my cool over the hot and dry summers and I have never had an issue with it in any way, shape or form.

Would get another if we had a need for it - the main ac unit had to be replaced at a time when we were in need of change in housing so we got this till the new home was put in place. It worked well but would use it in a smaller room but we had to use it in a room much larger than the normal use, kept at a setting that kept us from getting too hot and did a great job. We were happy to have it and kept it for other uses in storage. We thank you for making it and keeping us cool at a time of need from overheating. When you go to buy a unit look at getting a unit that do more than you want so that in the future that unit will work in other places of your home or guest house, so that you do not have to get another unit.

It worked really well and I am glad I made the investment. It is quick to respond to sudden temperature changes anytime of the day. I personally think it could not work any better than what it has for me. It is lasting very well with no signs of slowing down. Pretty good - I mean I can't complain about its performance because I have never had any kind of problem. I will not be in the market for another one for a long time; thanks to this one. It has not slowed down at all. It could look better than what it does right now but that does not matter to me in the least. I think the appearance is alright - all things considered I am satisfied with this product. It has worked so well and does not show any sign of slowing down. It is durable and really reliable. It will probably last more also so I am content with the product.

Made living in my home much more comfortable. Was a high quality and long lasting air conditioner. It was also a very good value for the comfort that it brought to my family. It made unbearable summers very bearable. The air conditioner was very well made and worked very well for many years with very little maintenance needed. My family was very pleased with the ability of the air conditioner to keep the area in the house comfortable in even the hottest months of the summer.

The air conditioner was a nice looking piece of equipment that did not distract from the aesthetics of the decor of my home. It was very easy on the eyes, quite attractive. I would recommend this air conditioner to everyone. The air conditioner was exceptionally high quality. It was very reliable with very little maintenance. It had no problems keeping the area of my home comfortable even in the hottest months of the summer for many years. Well worth every dime paid for it.

It had an energy saving device which helped reduce my summer electric bills. It was easy to operate. The air conditioner produced cold air efficiently for over 20 years. It was very quiet. There was little vibration. The operation of the unit had energy efficiency. In 20 years I only had two service calls to have it repaired and one was simply a freon leak. It was a room air conditioner that fit into the wall. It fit securely and did not detract from the room decor. It came in decorator colors that were neutral so that it blended well with my living room decor. It was very non intrusive. This air conditioner operated efficiently for over 20 years. After I sold the house the new owners were still using it in the humid New England summers. Two service calls in all that time speaks volumes for its reliability.

This air condition is really good, it is easy to install, works very well, program the temperature you want and let the cool air begin. A very good air conditioner, good warranty, and good price. We went from hot to comfortable all summer long. This product is very easy to use and really works well at keeping you cool with a digital temperature display. You always know you can rely on being cool, easy to use and does what it is meant to do - keep you cool and comfortable even on the hottest days!!

The appearance of this product is simple yet stylish and has all the modern technology you want such as digital and programmable displays, temperature settings, and easy to direct the cool air any direction you want. This product is very sturdy and reliable, it is built to last with reliable parts and components. My last one I purchased before I purchased this newer one worked for over 8 years with no problems, we replaced it because we wanted a newer style and energy saver.

Helpful in more ways than one, this brand was cost effective in all models, and the one I purchased worked better than I'd hope for. It was clearly superior to its competitors. Even ones with better reviews and a higher price. The cooling was quick and comfortable. On high settings it took about 5 minutes to get to the right temperature in a huge room. Air felt clean and clear at all times/not too loud either, but not completely silent. Looked somewhat mainstream but had unique elements. Very modern compared to generic brands. Others didn't have the quality look that my model gave off. I had the thing for over 4 years without a single issue. The reason I decided to get a different one came from a dog chewing the wire. The unit itself is perfect.

The Frigidaire air conditioner is easy to use, has valuable settings for low or high fan, cools off rooms very fast. The air is very cold, and the unit is very quiet compared to most air conditioners. The Frigidaire air conditioner cools off the room very fast. It is a very durable and high-quality air conditioner that requires very little maintenance. It is much quiet than many of the air conditioners on the market today. The Frigidaire air conditioner is available in white or black, is not very big (can fit good in a corner of the house in somewhat small spaces). I have had our Frigidaire air conditioner for 5 years now, and it continues to perform like the first day I bought it. The air remains cold. It is very slightly noisier than when I bought it, but it's basically a small hum sound.

We had absolutely no problems mechanically at all with it. It was easy to operate and to shift the air in the direction needed. The price was reasonable. The air conditioner had a very clean look and looked good when put in the window to set things up for that nice cool air! It fit in the window easily and you can make adjustments to make it fit proper. We were pleased how it came out after we fit it in the window. It worked very well even on the hottest days. I can't complain because it kept a large room quite cool on the hottest days.

Not too expensive. Bought it over five years ago and it's still going strong. Definitely looking forward to buying me next one. Hopefully the one I have lasts. It cooled off my apartment within minutes. Couldn't have asked for a better product. It is a normal white air conditioner. Same color as most other in the market. The appearance is nothing out of the ordinary. It fits my window perfectly. Blasting out that cold air is what I want in an air conditioner. The remote device is not the greatest in distance.

This air conditioner definitely help me beat the heavy hot summers of New England! It's safe to say I'd never be able to sleep at night without an air conditioner - especially not in my condo! I was finally able to catch some well needed shuteye! Everything worked fine, as soon as it was all set up! My dad and I went over the instructions and did some tests to make sure it was all well, and it surely was. I feel more comfortable leaving my dog at home for a while, knowing he can be nice and cool despite the summer heat!! It looks like an air conditioner, though slightly more streamlined. Luckily it doesn't look anything like my grandparents' old air conditioners!! I've always felt fairly confident with my programming and was always able to leave it off or on and not come home to a frigid winter wonderland, or a sweltering swampy bog.

My Frigidaire air conditioner was able to keep my home cool during hot weather with little trouble and was fairly energy efficient. It never broke down or experienced any malfunction until it was 15 or so years old. It was very efficient at keeping my house cool during hot weather and had a thermostat that allowed for fine adjustment for what temperature we wanted. The main component was a large metal box that housed a large fan. It was originally placed on the side of the house, where we camouflaged it behind a deck-patio. My Frigidaire air conditioner was very reliable, as I experienced no major problems with it for its lifetime of 15 years. It was only after 15 years did it become unreliable to use, mostly because it became worn out.

All appliances are costly but I got my money's worth. It has stood up to 3 teenagers 4 adults and 4 grandchildren. I am pretty happy that it hasn't broken down or given me any problems in the years I have owned it. It has held up under great stress of a big family. It has really kept on going and going! It has kept me happy from having to buy another one. It looks like most any normal run of the mill fridge. Nothing special but it has endured much! Thank goodness it has really been a good buy. Could never complain! I could not be happier with its reliability!

It lasted a long time. It kept me worry free knowing it wouldn't go out on my kids or me during the hot summer time. We still have it! It doesn't cool as well but works great in a small room. It cooled our living room fast! Our living room is a huge size and we were always in there. We would leave it on energy saver mode and get home to a fresh feeling living room in this Texas heat. It wasn't too big or bulky. It fit just right in our window. It was digital settings so you could tell exactly what temperature it was at. Very reliable! Plus our electricity bill would not skyrocket.

Very valuable for a window unit. It kept most of the house cool and didn't raise the electric bill too much. Last a nice length of time. Has a temperature option to turn up or down. Has a auto feature. Very good brand. I really liked the performance since mine was in my bedroom window and living room. I never had to worry about getting too hot and has the auto switch off once it gets to a certain degree. Ours was silver and black with a remote switch to turn off or on and up and down. Easy access to clean the filter but filter doesn't show. Very reliable. We got ours at least seven years ago at our old house that didn't have central heat and air and we moved about a year ago and it lasted until then or probably even longer if we could have brought it with us.

This air conditioner unit has worked very well. It cools a large area of my house. The air conditioner has several different settings and a remote which comes in handy. It isn't too loud. It has many settings for different needs, including energy saver, a timer, and a remote control. The air conditioner unit is attractive looking. It blends into my room. The buttons for the settings blend in somewhat and aren't overly noticeable. So far, it seems to be very reliable. I have had no issues at all with the performance of the unit.

The value of the product was very good and it kept me cool enough to make it through hot days. I would recommend this item to anyone looking for a good air conditioner. The product performance of my air conditioner was great. It ran well and kept my place cool without running up my electric bill too much. The appearance of my air conditioner was a nice item to look at and it stayed clean of all dust and dirt for as long as I’ve had it. I would recommend to anyone. The reliability of the air conditioner held up great for the time I’ve had it and still runs as good as when I first bought it. I would buy another one if I needed to.

They cheap install with nice workers and very helpful customer service. It's a trustworthy brand 10/10. Would buy again. Great for any home and safe around kids. Perfect performance. Never had a problem yet even though under warranty but very helpful knowledgeable staff. Hope this helps others. Never had bad experience. Sleek stylist and not at all bulky. Even perfect for a small house or dorm for a college student. Isn't loud either. Nice & quiet. Keeps things way comfortable. The company is very helpful with questions, comments, concerns which is what I look for in a business. They are very professional as well.

Worked well. No complaints. Did freeze up on a rare occasion when it was early fall and temps were close to same temp in house. Price was affordable. Happy with the performance of the system. Reliable except for the temporary freeze ups that would happen which I think was due to lack of airflow to the unit.

Purchased a 20000 BTU unit to cool the entire floor of 3 rooms. It had temperature control, timer for to set to come on just before coming home from work. Cooled the entire 3 room floor with no effort without running constantly. Would only run until it reached the preset temperature then turn off until it got warmer again. It worked also to remove the humidity on a very humid day. Also when the outside temperature reached high 90's, 100's the cost of running the window unit was definitely cheaper than two smaller units used on the same floor. We thought of purchasing a 2nd unit for the bottom floor however the cool air traveling down the stairs made it possible to save money by not purchasing another unit.

It was not obtrusive in sight, well designed and most of the controls were hidden behind an easy to access panel. Multiple adjustable air vents made it easy to control and spread the air in multiple directions. Never had a problem unless the area electric went out. It was very quiet - you could hear while talking on the phone near the unit. It lasted longer than any other unit I had purchased in the past.

The time that I owned this A.C. was a real long time ago. But I would say that for what I paid for it - it was a good value for the money that it cost. The Air Conditioner definitely kept the room cool which made doing homework and sleeping bearable in the really hot days of summer. And it lasted a pretty long time. It was reliable. I don't recall the A.C. breaking down in the middle of a Heat Wave or anything like that and it never blew out "hot air". It was a good A.C. for the price. It performed quite well. It never malfunctioned and I don't recall ever needing to have it replaced or repaired. It worked well in Heat Waves and definitely cooled off whatever room it was in. I did not have Central Air Conditioning - I had individual window units. I don't recall ever having any major issue with its performance.

It was somewhat "boxy" looking - like most A.C.'s back in the day. The front of it was attractive enough for an Air Conditioner. Nothing real special just an ordinary looking A.C. The cool air was always cold and it circulated around the room just fine.

It doesn't run excessively. Our energy bill is not too high. We have not had to repair our air conditioner. The air conditioner performs at an energy efficient, good rate. It cools the large house effectively. Our energy bill is a reflection of the performance. It is plain looking and out of sight so it is not bothersome to look at. It does not interfere with outdoor decor. We like the Traditional yet plain look of the air conditioner. The air conditioner continues to be reliable after many years of use through the hot and dry summers of Sacramento. We can always rely on it to keep our home cool.

It provided comfort in a room that was 12" x 15" with easy to use controls. It was a window air conditioner with low maintenance. Energy efficient. I inherited it with the home and used it for about 5 years with good performance and low maintenance. It was 7500 BTU's. This is a great AC with many features, good looks, digital display, remote control, and it cools the room very well. I'm using it installed in a window for my bedroom. It was white. It appears very sturdy and well-made and weighs only about 50 lbs. It keeps the entire room chilly (68 F) on the lowest fan setting. Another plus is that I've not been bothered by any water dripping inside or out of the unit, which has been a problem of mine in other units.

Frigidaire company has fantastic products which are usually on sale with great prices. Customer service is very up to date on all sales and discounts for their products. Frigidaire appliances are the best. They have a low history of breakage or minor problems. Customer service is right there to get a service technician quickly out to you. I love the appearance of all of the Frigidaire products. All are top electronic appliances with very few breakdowns. Customer service is extremely knowledgeable. Frigidaire appliances are very reliable. They are built with quality pieces and intragnic parts. Again customer service can walk you through if it's an easy fix.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

After manufacturing early versions of electric refrigerator in 1916, The Guardian Frigerator Company was bought and renamed Frigidaire by General Motors in 1918. Since then, Frigidaire has been a major innovator of home technology, including introducing the first color-matching appliances, the first home chest freezer and the first automatic ice dispenser. Today consumers appreciate Frigidaire’s focus on energy-efficiency and smart technology along with their versatile selection of air conditioners.

• Versatility: Frigidaire sells several different types of air conditioners, including window, wall, portable, ductless split, PTACs and central air conditioning units. With such a variety, Frigidaire has something for everyone.
  • Easy to find: Frigidaire’s “dealer locator” option on their website makes it easy to find a retailer who sells Frigidaire in your area. You can also find a certified contractor to install your HVAC system through their website.
  • Rebates: Frigidaire routinely offers rebates and promotions on all its products, including air conditioners. Make sure to check their website before you buy your air conditioner to see if your purchase qualifies for a special offer.
  • Online product support and manuals: Don’t worry if you misplace your manual. Frigidaire’s website houses manuals for its products so you can quickly access the information you need. The website also has product support for troubleshooting and general questions.
  • Free shipping: Customers who prefer to shop online will enjoy free shipping on purchases over $25. Purchases that are less than $25 enjoy flat-rate shipping.
  • Best for homeowners, apartment dwellers, senior citizens and business owners.

Compare Air Conditioners