Frigidaire Air Conditioner

Compare Air Conditioners

Research top Air Conditioners recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We had absolutely no problems mechanically at all with it. It was easy to operate and to shift the air in the direction needed. The price was reasonable. The air conditioner had a very clean look and looked good when put in the window to set things up for that nice cool air! It fit in the window easily and you can make adjustments to make it fit proper. We were pleased how it came out after we fit it in the window. It worked very well even on the hottest days. I can't complain because it kept a large room quite cool on the hottest days.

Not too expensive. Bought it over five years ago and it's still going strong. Definitely looking forward to buying me next one. Hopefully the one I have lasts. It cooled off my apartment within minutes. Couldn't have asked for a better product. It is a normal white air conditioner. Same color as most other in the market. The appearance is nothing out of the ordinary. It fits my window perfectly. Blasting out that cold air is what I want in an air conditioner. The remote device is not the greatest in distance.

This air conditioner definitely help me beat the heavy hot summers of New England! It's safe to say I'd never be able to sleep at night without an air conditioner - especially not in my condo! I was finally able to catch some well needed shuteye! Everything worked fine, as soon as it was all set up! My dad and I went over the instructions and did some tests to make sure it was all well, and it surely was. I feel more comfortable leaving my dog at home for a while, knowing he can be nice and cool despite the summer heat!! It looks like an air conditioner, though slightly more streamlined. Luckily it doesn't look anything like my grandparents' old air conditioners!! I've always felt fairly confident with my programming and was always able to leave it off or on and not come home to a frigid winter wonderland, or a sweltering swampy bog.

My Frigidaire air conditioner was able to keep my home cool during hot weather with little trouble and was fairly energy efficient. It never broke down or experienced any malfunction until it was 15 or so years old. It was very efficient at keeping my house cool during hot weather and had a thermostat that allowed for fine adjustment for what temperature we wanted. The main component was a large metal box that housed a large fan. It was originally placed on the side of the house, where we camouflaged it behind a deck-patio. My Frigidaire air conditioner was very reliable, as I experienced no major problems with it for its lifetime of 15 years. It was only after 15 years did it become unreliable to use, mostly because it became worn out.

It lasted a long time. It kept me worry free knowing it wouldn't go out on my kids or me during the hot summer time. We still have it! It doesn't cool as well but works great in a small room. It cooled our living room fast! Our living room is a huge size and we were always in there. We would leave it on energy saver mode and get home to a fresh feeling living room in this Texas heat. It wasn't too big or bulky. It fit just right in our window. It was digital settings so you could tell exactly what temperature it was at. Very reliable! Plus our electricity bill would not skyrocket.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

This air conditioner unit has worked very well. It cools a large area of my house. The air conditioner has several different settings and a remote which comes in handy. It isn't too loud. It has many settings for different needs, including energy saver, a timer, and a remote control. The air conditioner unit is attractive looking. It blends into my room. The buttons for the settings blend in somewhat and aren't overly noticeable. So far, it seems to be very reliable. I have had no issues at all with the performance of the unit.

They cheap install with nice workers and very helpful customer service. It's a trustworthy brand 10/10. Would buy again. Great for any home and safe around kids. Perfect performance. Never had a problem yet even though under warranty but very helpful knowledgeable staff. Hope this helps others. Never had bad experience. Sleek stylist and not at all bulky. Even perfect for a small house or dorm for a college student. Isn't loud either. Nice & quiet. Keeps things way comfortable. The company is very helpful with questions, comments, concerns which is what I look for in a business. They are very professional as well.

Purchased a 20000 BTU unit to cool the entire floor of 3 rooms. It had temperature control, timer for to set to come on just before coming home from work. Cooled the entire 3 room floor with no effort without running constantly. Would only run until it reached the preset temperature then turn off until it got warmer again. It worked also to remove the humidity on a very humid day. Also when the outside temperature reached high 90's, 100's the cost of running the window unit was definitely cheaper than two smaller units used on the same floor. We thought of purchasing a 2nd unit for the bottom floor however the cool air traveling down the stairs made it possible to save money by not purchasing another unit.

It was not obtrusive in sight, well designed and most of the controls were hidden behind an easy to access panel. Multiple adjustable air vents made it easy to control and spread the air in multiple directions. Never had a problem unless the area electric went out. It was very quiet - you could hear while talking on the phone near the unit. It lasted longer than any other unit I had purchased in the past.

The time that I owned this A.C. was a real long time ago. But I would say that for what I paid for it - it was a good value for the money that it cost. The Air Conditioner definitely kept the room cool which made doing homework and sleeping bearable in the really hot days of summer. And it lasted a pretty long time. It was reliable. I don't recall the A.C. breaking down in the middle of a Heat Wave or anything like that and it never blew out "hot air". It was a good A.C. for the price. It performed quite well. It never malfunctioned and I don't recall ever needing to have it replaced or repaired. It worked well in Heat Waves and definitely cooled off whatever room it was in. I did not have Central Air Conditioning - I had individual window units. I don't recall ever having any major issue with its performance.

It was somewhat "boxy" looking - like most A.C.'s back in the day. The front of it was attractive enough for an Air Conditioner. Nothing real special just an ordinary looking A.C. The cool air was always cold and it circulated around the room just fine.

It doesn't run excessively. Our energy bill is not too high. We have not had to repair our air conditioner. The air conditioner performs at an energy efficient, good rate. It cools the large house effectively. Our energy bill is a reflection of the performance. It is plain looking and out of sight so it is not bothersome to look at. It does not interfere with outdoor decor. We like the Traditional yet plain look of the air conditioner. The air conditioner continues to be reliable after many years of use through the hot and dry summers of Sacramento. We can always rely on it to keep our home cool.

It provided comfort in a room that was 12" x 15" with easy to use controls. It was a window air conditioner with low maintenance. Energy efficient. I inherited it with the home and used it for about 5 years with good performance and low maintenance. It was 7500 BTU's. This is a great AC with many features, good looks, digital display, remote control, and it cools the room very well. I'm using it installed in a window for my bedroom. It was white. It appears very sturdy and well-made and weighs only about 50 lbs. It keeps the entire room chilly (68 F) on the lowest fan setting. Another plus is that I've not been bothered by any water dripping inside or out of the unit, which has been a problem of mine in other units.

Frigidaire company has fantastic products which are usually on sale with great prices. Customer service is very up to date on all sales and discounts for their products. Frigidaire appliances are the best. They have a low history of breakage or minor problems. Customer service is right there to get a service technician quickly out to you. I love the appearance of all of the Frigidaire products. All are top electronic appliances with very few breakdowns. Customer service is extremely knowledgeable. Frigidaire appliances are very reliable. They are built with quality pieces and intragnic parts. Again customer service can walk you through if it's an easy fix.

The product lasted forever and lot longer than today's products. We need to stop and see how expensive it is to make these appliances and they looked good and did not break down like the new ones did. They ran good, did not break down easy, easy to clean and keep it filled up. Never hardly broke down. I would buy these if they were available and they were not so spendy. They looked great, the color was fine, not so big like the appliances of today. We had to move a wall to get the new ones of today in and it was so expensive like either you are rich or poor.

I bought these from Lowe's, and I informed Lowe's at how bad their Frigidaire ac with heat are. They said they heard that from other people, but corporate will not change companies for some reason. Lowe's agrees that they are a piece of crap. Do not buy. They are very bad, and cost a lot of money for them to break down in less than a year. THEY ARE A BAD PIECES OF JUNK.

The air conditioner helped keep my home manageable through hot summer months. Without it I probably would not have been able to stay home and enjoy watching television or playing games. The air conditioner worked well to keep one room cool, but it was not powerful enough to keep other rooms in the house cool. It was basically like a more powerful fan. The performance was decent for one room, but not an entire house. The air conditioning unit looked fine, basically what you would expect in a generic air conditioning unit. It is not a reason to purchase the product or to not purchase the product. The air conditioner worked reliably throughout the year. It was reliable even in the hotter months of the year and served its purpose.

It was worth my value of my money. Up to date features and great to set and keep at that temperature easy to cool or warm the house easy. Gets my house cool instantly on a very hot day and gets my house warm on a very cold day. I would recommend everyone to get it. It's top of the line. It's digital, easy to use and management and update with today technology. Love how manageable, easy for kids to use. When I set it I depend on it to start and shut off when it's at the appropriate temperature in the house. When it's hot it should pop on and cool down to nicer temperature and when it's cold its warms up to a more warm comforter.

It is a great value. It's both affordable and reliable. Great pricing for a system that will last years. I have never been disappointed with this brand. It keeps the house cool and works almost as good as a HVAC unit. I was surprised at how efficient and reliable it was. I would recommend this to all of my friends and family. It is smaller than a lot of other units. It also comes in white or black so it can blend better with my furnishings. It has a lot of power as well. Overall it has a great appearance. I have not had any issues with any of them. I really like that they outlast other brands. Which is impressive for how affordable they are.

With the hot weather on island, A/C is a luxury I am willing to spend my money on. It just makes being at home more comfortable and enjoyable. I don't mind being at home when it's hot as hell outside and my A/C is running well. The Frigidaire A/C cools the room quickly and keeps it cool. The sound is not too loud and I can sleep through the night with it on. Its sleek design goes well with the modern interior of our home. It is simple, attractive and fits in with our designed space. It looks like it was meant to be there, not just something we put in as an afterthought. We haven't owned it long enough to see if it is super reliable but so far have had no problems operating it. The A/C functions well and is easy to use. No complaints.

It kept my home comfortable during hot days of summer. It ran quietly and very efficient. No big surprises when I received my electric bill. Me and my family were very happy when the thermostat went up. Thank you Frigidaire. Well from purchase to installation it was a smooth transition. I was please with the process. I've had care free operations over the years and still enjoying to this day. Having my unit for years the maintenance has been easy. I hose it off monthly removing leaves, dirt, helps look good and perform well over time. So I would highly recommend Frigidaire. I'm very happy with the performance of the unit with simple maintenance. My unit has done a great job of keeping my family comfortable during these hot days of summer. So after 5 years of service I've had no problems.

The value I have received from a Frigidaire air conditioner... can breathe and function. Living in the east in the summer has become uncomfortable. The hot days, hot nights, humidity has made it impossible to function, sleep, and keep a chipper attitude. It will keep you cool enough that you will not be soaked in sweat in the middle of the night. Without my new air condition I had nights when I was so soaked in sweat that I thought somehow I landed on the Titanic. It's quiet, and circulates the air much better than whole house air conditioning. Seriously. Totally easy to install and worth every hard working penny. I am considering purchasing these for the office. You turn it on, it begins to cool. For the cost if I get a few hot summers out of it I will be completely satisfied. Once again, the installation is a breeze. Cool having to come home to a cool room. It chills my heart. It's the ice in my ice cube.

It's a great value. I don't have to worry about it not working. It makes my life so much easier. I really like it. It works great with no issues at all. Product performance is great, and runs quiet. Never had a problem with it yet. I really like everything about the product. I will buy another one. My is white, it looks nice has a modern look to it. It's very easy to clean. I like the looks of it. Looks like I paid more for it than I really did. It is very reliable. It's well worth the money I paid for it. I like the fact that I can depend on it to work like it should.

It's given me and my siblings more time to spend inside rather than using fan or wasting money to go to a crowded pool full of people. The summer feels better than ever. It didn't freeze up, it worked during the day and night and keep the entire house cool even reached the attic a little bit. Our house was full a couple of days but we were still satisfied with the air and coolness that was going around meaning we didn't have to spend any money. It was brand new. It was even hit with a couple of balls and it still looked okay and sort of new. Its sleek shape and design made it easy to install in the backyard. It's was very reliable because we had a power outage and it was still working being hooked up to our generator that was hooked up to it.

The air conditioner worked fast. It got cold and stayed that way quite some time. It would cool a small space and or bigger spaces if we opened doors in the house to cool more rooms. It even worked in the Chicago winter, it blew in cool fresh air from outside into rooms that only had one window. Not freezing outside air but like a fan to circulate. I wish I had that air conditioner back, my new one has never worked as well. It worked all the time. It kept small spaces at a controlled temperature. It hardly every needed to be checked, cleaned or maintained. Small window unit, perfect fit, not overly noticeable or obvious. It filled a normal size window, but did not stick out in the way, inside or outside the house. It would tell you when the filter needed to be checked. Only having 1 window in a room with the air conditioner in it, sometimes you need to turn it on for fresh air no matter the time of year.

It was a very good purchase. It has lasted for years all while requiring little maintenance. Great value. I've had it for five years now and haven't had any kind of problems with it. This product has saved me a lot of money in these past years and hot summers. Very energy efficient and haven't had any issues or had to put any more money onto it. Okay so it isn't the most sightly thing in the world but it isn't bad. It is clean and white so it matches in any room of the house. Overall the appearance is good. I have never had to have someone come fix it or work with it in any way. It still works amazingly even after five years and has been very reliable.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! I purchased this unit 2 years ago from Lowe's and the heat stopped working after one year. Stupid me decided it was just getting cold enough again to look into having it fixed. Unfortunately, the two-year warranty JUST ran out so now I have to pay a lot to have it fixed. Extremely disappointed!

My Frigidaire window unit was purchased last summer 2015. I chose, like many others this brand because I believed it to be reliable. I have had so much problems with this unit not working properly & now it is freezing up 2 or 3 times a night. I have to get a blow dryer out & unfreeze it then it spits ice at me & nearly took my eye out the other night. I am disabled & on a fixed income so I can't run out & buy another. So dissatisfied & disappointed in you Frigidaire!!!

I purchased a 15000 BTU in window AC for $525 + tax last year. This year the control board broke and it's gone crazy. My house is hotter than the outside and although I have a receipt it is not safe to go through the attic boxes to look for it. Not until AC is working that is. With the receipt Lowe's would replace if bought within the last 12 months and Frigidaire would repair within the last 24 months, but without it I'd have to pay. That much is understandable, however if I paid for the repair and then produced the receipt they will not reimburse me the repair costs even though it would prove the product was faulty. The fact that I paid with a credit card with transaction records doesn't mean anything.

The control board would cost $95, but if the part is faulty they absolutely will not refund it unless an authorized service tech installs it. The nearest one is so far away. They charge $95 just to show up even though it takes a few seconds to plug it in. That's way too much compared to the AC cost. They should refund faulty parts and they should reimburse service costs if it can be established that the service was covered under warranty.

I have two Frigidaire Air conditioners and we had the Air tested because our AC guy said it was mold. Now I see on the net here that in fact it is a common problem for other clients also. I bought the unit at Lowe's recently and now both units are full of mold.

I purchased a window AC unit for a house being built along with many other appliances. I called Frigidaire with the model number and asked their parts department if I needed a wall sleeve if not being put into a window. I was told there was a wall sleeve for that unit and I purchased it during that call. A little over 90 days later, I am actually putting in the AC unit and while reading the directions, realize it does not need a separate wall sleeve. (Fault #1) They should have been able to tell me that information before I bought it. So I call Frigidaire back and am told it is past the strict 90 day return policy. But, during that call, they realize that they sent the wrong sleeve. So they offer to send me the correct sleeve, 2nd day air. They won't take back the wrong sleeve because it's past the 90 days, but they will 2nd day air the correct one. Does that make good financial sense?

Thinking it's more expensive to send me another one, I ask to speak to a supervisor. She repeats the return policy and when I question the sense in that, she ends the phone call stating a call tag will be issued for the return. 3 weeks later I called with the wall sleeve still sitting at my house and immediately spoke with another supervisor (I have these names) and was told that he would check into this and get back to me within 3-4 business days. 3 weeks later I call back and speak to a Customer Resolution Supervisor (I believe) and am told that she will look into this matter and get back to me in 2-3 business days. 3 weeks later I call back and am directed to a "Corporate" consumer support person, who once again, said a call tag was supposed to be issued, and would get back to me in the next couple days. That is as of today.

Frigidaire's website for consumers shows a toll free number for customer support, but redirects you to call a (706) area code number and then encourages you to try back later. Yesterday, all customer support staff were unavailable per message. What a runaround just to get some response & resolution! I have never had such poor customer service in 58 years, which is why I'm taking the time to write this. Frigidaire is owned by LG. I will never buy another Frigidaire appliance if that is what I have to go thru for help.

Bought their 25,000 BTU unit for attached porch on mobile home. Previously had GE unit which gave great service for 12 years. This unit was junk from the day I bought it. Would only cool when it felt like it. Set it at 72 degrees and the room is 80 and the compressor would not go on; even if turned down to 65. Barely worked for 3 years and the fan motor blew out. No warranty coverage and repairs would be as much as buying a new unit. Paid over $600 for a hunk of junk that never worked properly and falls apart in 3 years!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

After manufacturing early versions of electric refrigerator in 1916, The Guardian Frigerator Company was bought and renamed Frigidaire by General Motors in 1918. Since then, Frigidaire has been a major innovator of home technology, including introducing the first color-matching appliances, the first home chest freezer and the first automatic ice dispenser. Today consumers appreciate Frigidaire’s focus on energy-efficiency and smart technology along with their versatile selection of air conditioners.

• Versatility: Frigidaire sells several different types of air conditioners, including window, wall, portable, ductless split, PTACs and central air conditioning units. With such a variety, Frigidaire has something for everyone.
  • Easy to find: Frigidaire’s “dealer locator” option on their website makes it easy to find a retailer who sells Frigidaire in your area. You can also find a certified contractor to install your HVAC system through their website.
  • Rebates: Frigidaire routinely offers rebates and promotions on all its products, including air conditioners. Make sure to check their website before you buy your air conditioner to see if your purchase qualifies for a special offer.
  • Online product support and manuals: Don’t worry if you misplace your  manual. Frigidaire’s website houses manuals for its products so you can quickly access the information you need. The website also has product support for troubleshooting and general questions.
  • Free shipping: Customers who prefer to shop online will enjoy free shipping on purchases over $25. Purchases that are less than $25 enjoy flat-rate shipping.
  • Best for Frigidaire’s wide selection of air conditioners means they are a great option for homeowners, apartment dwellers, senior citizens and business owners.

Compare Air Conditioners