Haier Air Conditioner

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Compare Air Conditioners

Research top Air Conditioners recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Cool, inexpensive. No air in my house but bought one for bedroom and it's beautiful. Especially when it's 100 out and no way of cooling off but to stay in my room. Good, cool, quiet, has a remote control. It does what it needs to do for a small room. Have it for 5 years and still kicking out cold air. Small but mighty. Good fit for a window. Think they should start making them in colors to match the room. Wish you could change the direction better. 5 plus years still going. Maybe not working as well as when I first got it but still pushing out cold air. Haven't had any problems with it.

This Unit was purchased for 75% of recommended retail price. It ran efficiently all summer blowing cold consistently. It was far more energy efficient than the model I had previously. I noticed a savings on my electric bill versus previous years. Unit's design allowed it to fit comfortably into my window. I was able to easily install this unit with no help from anyone. It ran consistently throughout the summer and never had any problems whatsoever. The unit's design made it fit in well with the decor of my home. It was barely noticeable. A very modern looking machine. I was able to easily clean the filter due to the thoughtful design. This unit was well built and ran strong. I never had any doubt that it would be running when I got home from work. It came with a warranty from the store so I had zero concerns.

Personally I can't sleep in an overly warm house, so I find it incredibly difficult to leave be without air conditioning. The unit we own has been reliable, but it's like a referee--you only notice when it doesn't do its job right. I haven't had many complaints about the performance. At times, I'd prefer it to cool more quickly, but that's impatience. It does tend to be a bit louder than other units I've owned. Meh describes it best. It sits in the corner of the yard and looks like an AC unit. Didn't buy it for aesthetics, so that's not a huge concern. I am reluctant to build any enclosure to disguise it though. The unit has worked regularly for several years. The control interface has been the least reliable part of the system, but that is much more easily replaced. We have not had to incur any repair costs at all.

It has performed as expected since I have had it. It is also energy efficient, so it doesn't cost a lot of money to keep my home at a comfortable temperature. It has not malfunctioned since I have had it. It looks like any other air-conditioning unit that I have saw. I have not had any problems with it since I have owned it.

I loved my air conditioner. It had a remote with it. The air was very cool. The price was reasonable. If you ever need questions answered or assistance, customer support is awesome. Very helpful. It worked well and I never had a problem with it. Nice clean lines and nice looks. It looked like a typical air conditioner but more up to date. I recommended for a few of my family members including my grandma. I gave my grandma my AC after moving into a new home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

It did not last long, was not that cold, it would freeze up. I would have to shut it off to let the ice melt. It eventually stopped working after one summer. The performance was not good at all. It would not cool. I paid way too much to only get 1 summer out of it. I will never buy that brand again. I liked the way it was styled. It was very basic. It was not heavy at all. Very easy to clean the filter. It was very easy to install. It was not reliable. I had to turn it off and let it sit to let the ice melt that built up inside and on the front. At times it would shoot water out of the top. It had the right angle but I don't think it could drain the way it was suppose to.

Price is reasonable, if you want a better AC unit you might have to pay a little more especially considering what size you are planning on buying. Worked great in big basement, nice cool air throughout basement. Easy to clean and isn't very noisy. Hope this helped everyone. The appearance of the unit just like any other one. The switches are easy to see and read. I've had the unit over 4 years with no issues. This brand is very reliable, and I would highly recommend this brand of AC units to other people.

I bought it back when I was staying with my parents and it's crazy because 5 years later I am on my own in my own apartment and my air conditioner still works just as good as the day that I bought it. It can cool down a whole house in less than 30 minutes so therefore it's very energy efficient. I never had to worry about using my warranty since the day I bought it 5 years ago. It was the perfect size with great quality. Fits right into any size window with no problem and it's unique design helped it blend perfectly with the home decor. I have had five plus years now and not once have I had any problems. No broken buttons, no shortage or outage. Even works perfectly in bad weather conditions.

I didn't pay a lot for it and wasn't expecting it to do a lot. It worked great. It kept most of my house cool. I would definitely purchase another one. It worked like expected. It was a small room window unit that I was expecting to cool off just the one room. It cooled off a few other rooms as well. It was small, and didn't take up a lot of space. Worked wonders during the hot and humid summer days.

It is top quality and long lasting. Lots of good reviews on the internet so I made sure to check on there to see what past customers thought of the brand. So far so good. It's very well made and looks sleek. It works very well and I have not had any issues with it so far. It doesn't ever cut off or overheat either. It is awesome and I don't know why I didn't buy from this brand earlier. It's got a great appearance. It looks very modern and looks like it would last quite a while. It will be very useful for me and my family for a few more years. It is very reliable because it never broken down on me and it works powerfully to our comfort levels. It doesn't cause fires and it does exactly what it said it would do before I bought it at the store.

When I come home from a long day of work sweating from the heat I can turn my air on and it gets cold immediately. It makes for a relaxing stress free night. It works great on the lowest level, makes my room super cold, easy on off switch and have had no problems with it. Blows great and the filter stays clear for the time I use it. Has a knob for the air flow level, on/off switch. High/low switch. Quick and simple and is small and easy to move and get into a window. Has a fan type thing on the top and front filter for easy removal. I've had it for a few years and it still works as well as the first day I got it. Gets super cold really fast and don't have to reboot it or anything and it stays cold. Isn't too loud either.

It is the only unit and is able to cool the upstairs as well. It has been in use for over ten years and is still working well. It performs very well. It cools the house quickly and runs efficiently. It runs when needed and never breaks down. It has a long life. I would recommend and use this brand again. It has a good appearance. It is not too big for the area it is in. It has an attractive color. It is very reliable. It has lasted for quite some time and I've only had to do routine maintenance on it. I have not had to have it serviced or replaced any parts.

The ac unit I bought worked as described (for our 1 large living room) for 1 summer. We stored it over the winter in my bedroom closet. The following year we pulled it out to find that it wasn't nearly as powerful as before. It hardly kept up & the summer wasn't even as warm as the previous one had been. So, I would say that this did not add much value & is a waste of money! It seemed gutless & made a funny noise & didn't cool the room like before. It isn't the prettiest ac. I was more concerned about the performance when I bought it. I don't like how it looks hanging out my window either. I don't like the white of it & the piece that makes it for my window looks cheap & leaves an ugly gap. I bought it thinking I would have it for a few years to come, but it only worked great for one summer season. After that it didn't work nearly as well. It was weak & powerless. I had to constantly clean the filter. I wish I didn't waste my money.

The air conditioning unit was portable and convenient. It cooled my rooms quickly and efficiently. There was some noise, but I found the unit to be fairly quiet. It was easy to move from room to room. The performance was great. No matter which room I moved the portable unit to, it would cool the room quickly, no matter it's size. The venting of the unit also worked well. It's wasn't beautiful, but it wasn't ugly either. It had clean lines and minimal logos and print. The off white finish had a slight gloss to it. The unit was very reliable. It always worked as expected and always cooled my spaces quickly every single time. Very happy with the reliability of this product.

A dependable and powerful product that efficiently cools my home during the warmer months. It is quality-made and will work for many years. I am completely satisfied with my Haier air conditioner. It is powerful and does an excellent job of cooling the entire first floor of my home. It has performed at the same level of efficiency year after year. The model itself is visually appealing; I enjoy the simple and modern design. The controls are also very easy to quickly find and understand. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the look of my air conditioner. My air conditioner has always been very reliable and I've never experienced any issues with its performance. It does a great job of cooling down large areas.

It's made my life happier and better. We're not suffering in horrible heat any longer. Thank goodness. My family has benefited from it greatly. Works really well. Keeps my home nice and cool and refreshing. It helps my toddler not feel sickly and overheated which is great. I love it so sooo much. It looks nice and sleek. It is not ugly. It is not bulky. It adds to the decoration in my home and I get compliments on it very very often. I am so thankful for it is truly really very reliable. It has been working for many many years now without any fail on its part and I am so thankful for it.

The value is great. They have quality products for an affordable price. They also have great customer service. If you ever need help with anything just contact them. They have great performance for a good price. I found the appearance to be very super aesthetically pleasing. It's not too bulky but not too small either. The air moves smoothly around the room. I love it so much. I found the reliability to be great. In the past, I found my air conditioning to continually break down on me but I never have to worry about that with this company. This company is great.

Excellent service and also very good customer support!! Offers very good service and has good connections all over. Very good performance and the durability. Saves electricity and have excellent warranty. Works very well. They have very huge choices to make selections from. Very stylish!! Due to the presence of many models its easy to choose the model for the house and also the one that fits well. The customer service is really good! So the reliability will also be very good! The care taken for the problem of the customer is very good.

When we lived in extra heat conditions it was nice to be home in the nice cool rooms. It wasn't load when running and each room was cold to the way we liked it. The performance was always satisfying. Never running loud and always running smoothly. Extremely satisfied by the performance and would definitely consider buying if we need another one. The appearance wasn't the best, but that is because it sat outside and got beaten up pretty bad during the winter months. It wasn't an eye sore but it wasn't pretty. It always ran and never had to be tuned up. Even after sitting all winter long, it always fired back up right away even if the weather went from extreme to extremes.

It's too hot in the summers and Haier air conditioning system has been the best. Never gave us any problems. And the refrigerator is my favourite. It's durable and reliable. It has the best performance. Been using it since 9 years, never gave me any trouble the company is very reliable, and is easy to use. I would recommend my friends and family to use haier products for long term use. The appearance of haier products are very luxurious and durable. The maintenance is easy too. Doesn't give you a hard time. The products and services of haier company are very reliable and effective.

This air conditioning unit was very well built and was very sleek in design, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that is looking for a air conditioning unit that works great and well worth the money. This company makes refrigeration units that do an excellent job of cooling off any size room that you put it in. Their value and craftsmanship are of great quality. The shape, size of this unit is very visually excellent, and is not bulky, and, it also very light and yet it is very sturdy as well as very efficient. I compared this brand to other of a more and expensive pricing, and for the money and efficiency, this unit performed well above what it was originally given for a score. And it well worth its value and more.

The air conditioner has bring great joy in my life. It has kept me cool in the summer. The air conditioner is one of the best ones I've ever gotten. It blew cool air. It never rattled or smelled funny. I never constantly had to clean the air filter. The air was fresh and I liked it very much. It has an easy to pull out and clean air filter. The outlet cord was long and could reach my outlet. The air conditioner still works. It functions well. It doesn't leak water or smell.

This ac gets my room really cold in a few minutes. It auto shuts off when it reaches the temperature that I want and turns back on when it changes. It cools my room down super fast and it has a flashing light that tells me when to clean the filter. It keeps me cool all summer long and it never breaks down. It is small and compact and fits perfectly in my window. The flaps on the side could be a little more sturdier. They were flimsy and have cracks in them from trying to pull them out. I've had it for a few years and do not have any issues with it. There is a warranty on it but I can't remember for how long. It does not seem to malfunction whatsoever and it stays quiet.

It was very good at cooling off one room. I had four of them. With all four going at the same time, the whole house stayed cool. They were small window units but they got the job done. The air conditioner was very easy to take care of. Once a month the filter had to be taken out and cleaned. I would just wash it off in the sink, dry it off and put it back in. They were white or light gray. I would have liked them to be in different colors but they were nice looking. They just kind of blended in with the walls. I would have to get a new one every two years but I kept getting the same brand because they were cheaper than the others. I guess they were dependable.

I didn't have to pay a lot for it and it has helped cool my apartment and make it comfortable for me and my children. I may decide to purchase the brand in the future. It cools the room quickly and there is an "auto" option where it will stop cooling for a certain point and resume. It's a good feature to have in order to save money and be more energy efficient. For being an air conditioner I am not looking for it to be beautiful and it serves its purpose as a cooling machine. Sometimes however when they age they start to discolor. I have been using one for many years and it has not broken down or needed to be replaced. It's not bulky and I was able to install it myself in the window.

I buy the Haier air condition for my bedroom and I loving it. Right size to cool the whole room. Save energy and great value. It’s worth the price and quality. I am very much like it. It exactly how I want. It evenly cool the room, and save energy. It perform the way I expected. You can choose it high or low to make it convenient. My favorite color is white and they have the exact kind of white I like. It matches my room. It wasn’t bulky like other so it doesn’t get in your way. It fit good in the wall like it like just a frame. Easy access on its on and off and other figures. Good performance. Very good quality. It last long and easy to clean. Low-cost energy saver. You definitely can rely on it. Will worth it to buy.

Motor went bad right after warranty ran out... I would NEVER recommend this brand of air conditioner. You get what you pay for and we got screwed. It didn't last nearly long enough. This was one of the worst brands I have ever had. It was cheap and it did not cool very well at all. It looked like it was high quality and very innovative on the outside but the inside of it was cheap and terrible. It worked great until the motor wore out right after the warranty ran out, how convenient for Haier. They would not do anything to help me with this. They are rude and impossible to deal with.

This product has been very good in long lasting use. It has done a great job in cooling down the room it is in. We have not had any trouble in it not working. It has satisfied us for years now! We have been very satisfied with its performance. Its appearance is very nice. It looks very good in the window. Its design is very nice. The color of our air conditioner is a nice white color that is a pleasure to look at. Our air conditioner has been very reliable. It has run day and night many a days and it starts every time you turn it on. It cools the room down in no time and it is very old.

We just got our air conditioner this summer and it cools our small house without having to use our bedroom one. It is energy efficient and well worth the money we paid for it. We have a small house and it cools the whole thing. It is a lot quieter than our last AC and a lot cooler. We usually have to run 2 air conditioners one in the main room of the house and the bedroom but with this one we haven't had to use the bedroom one. It's great.

It is an air conditioner so it is bulky but for how much it puts out, it really is surprising. It looks pretty standard for an air conditioner. It would be nice if there were a less bulky way to cool our house. We have had a pretty humid summer so even when it's been cooler out we have had to run the Ac. It has not let us down once! Other air conditioners that we have owned have froze up but this one has not. It's been really reliable.

I had never use this brand before but because of the price it turned out I decided to purchase it anyway. After over a year I realize that this was a very good product and I was glad that I had purchased it even though I was not familiar with the name brand and it turned out to be a very good product. I was not familiar with prior to the purchase but I really was happy with all aspects of it as I used it over a period of years. If I had the chance to buy another one I would and would be very satisfied with the product. Very nice looking, fit well and was very aesthetic looking. Added to the overall look of the room. I am very happy with the product and would recommend it to any of my friends or any of my co-workers. I found this product to be very reliable and I continue to use this product even after three or four years. It keeps the room nice and cool and the multiple levels of cooling has made me very satisfied with it.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Haier is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Haier Group. As a global company specializing in consumer electronics, Haier is recognized for their commitment to sustainability and community. They sell wall, ductless, PTAC and portable air conditioners.

• Serenity Series: The Serenity Series air conditioners are the quietest window air conditioners on the market, so you can sleep comfortably and soundly without battling distractions from a noisy window unit. Listen to a comparison between the Serenity Series and a standard air conditioner online.
  • Easy extended warranty: Extend your warranty for an extra three months for free simply by registering your Haier product online. Along with a warranty extension, registering your product will give you more efficient servicing and exclusive access to Haier news.
  • Info Hub: Haier’s online Info Hub is the best place to figure out which model of appliance you really need. The “how to choose” feature takes you through an interactive survey to figure out with air conditioning solution is best for your home and lifestyle.
  • Online repair request and status update: Request repairs for your air conditioner online at any time. Select your preferred date and time along with any additional requirements. You will be contacted shortly with confirmation on your appointment and you can check your repair status anytime.
  • International: Haier is a global company and has air conditioning systems available in North and South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. So no matter where you are in the world, you can have access to a Haier air conditioning system.
  • Best for International users, homeowners and apartment dwellers.

Compare Air Conditioners