Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Haier Air Conditioner
2.52/5

Haier Air Conditioner

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Haier Air Conditioner Reviews

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Purchased it with 2 year warranty but when called was told only 1. I feel like they violated my trust. Product started to rust terribly almost right of the bat and slightly over 1 year started to have all kinds of issues. Haier has chosen not to stand behind their junk product. Who would, they know it's cheaply made.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This horrible pos is great at gathering GALLONS of water inside the unit. I literally have to turn the unit upside down almost hourly to empty out the vast amounts of water this ** unit collects. It never drains, even after drilling additional drain holes in the back. I literally drilled several holes in the unit for water to drain and it still doesn't drain out. Change the angle, doesn't matter. 14 minutes after emptying the unit and it was filled again. If you have trouble getting water, by a Haier, you will have gallons of water instantly, but you won't be cool.

Get expert buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Hello, I am writing this review because here people seem not to understand what they are reviewing. Most of the issues mentioned are because of the companies installing them and not from the units. If you buy a Ferrari but you go for oil service to your “pal” and it break down you shouldn’t accuse Ferrari but your nice friend who doesn’t know what he is doing.

I have Haier split systems in 3 apartments in 3 rooms each (total 9). I have also used Haier in industrial solutions. Zero problems absolutely. If you put also normal rubber silencers on the outside units you will hear zero sound. All you need is a good installation team/company. Like all the technological stuff, air conditioners have specifications and procedures for installing. You follow them no problem, you don’t then it will leak inside or blow hot air or do sound or or or... I do think that this website should evaluate people’s reviews and remove those that should be targeting the representative of a brand etc. In no way I am connected with Haier, we are a construction company and our preference and recommendation for air conditioning is Daikin, Haier and Mitsubishi for either home or heavy industrial installations.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I was so excited to buy 2 ACs that easily fit into sideways sliding windows. I used the devices for about 6 weeks and was happy, then in July we had high humidity! Both machines shut off saying full. So I emptied the holding tanks. This was not easy because a washing machine hose is needed for the top drain, bottom spout drained into a shallow pan. Once we drained the machines we put the plugs back in the spouts. 2 hours later the same thing, and again...! Finally at bedtime we just left the drains opened and draining into a pail and tin. This worked.

When I contacted the company, they referred me to the warranty department. They basically said, "The ACs do not work in high humidity and you need to continue to manually drain them!" The representative also told me I probably did damage to the coils by leaving it drain when I had it set on cool or economy. The only time it can be left open to drain is when used as a dehumidifier. I suggested this problem needs to be addressed. Model # HPP10XCTL1 Serial #s: AM000707K and AM001174K Purchased at BJ's Warehouse.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I bought a HAIER AIR Conditioner MODEL HWR05XCM. This a/c only lasted for a year and just gave up. Bought it from SEARS. IT used to keep the room very cold. After year no good. Gave up. When I put it on it was blowing hot air and I was sweating. Felt like I was going to be dehydrated and died. Had to sleep in another room with a Frigidaire A/C. Called Haier/GE. Told the representative my situation it was blowing hot air. She said OR THE REPRESENTS SAID, "Sorry we can't help you." They don't even sell parts to fix it or have technicians to help me resolve my issue. Worst company to be dealt with. Stay away from HAIER A.C. AND GE A.C. PILES OF JUNK.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: July 18, 2019

This is regarding my complaint for Haier AC (split 1 ton). I have purchased a split AC in March 2019 (1 ton). My AC's input unit has been dropping a lot of water inside the room. I have complained 5 times both through customer care and email and all I get everyone is some lame solutions for this issue. The service personnel has cleaned the filters, checked the AC level, changed output water pipe, filled gas etc., etc. Still I am facing the same problem. AC input unit has been dropping a lot of water inside the room, causing huge loss to my household things.

This is so much disappointing that despite my several complaints no solution has been provided to me. I want Haier to replace my AC unit. It's only been 3 months that I purchased this AC. Also since the water drops in the night after my parents are unable to make a video of it and so the service managers are not accepting my complaint. They wants to prove that I am making false complaints. I have never experienced such unprofessional behaviour from any reputed company. The AC unit is used by my parents and I don't expect them to stay up all night to wait and watch for AC faults. Here are my complaint numbers **. I need the solution ASAP.

Regards

Dhanvarsha **

Original review: July 10, 2019

The Haier air conditioner sucks. Don't buy Haier ever. My first and my last. When I saw it was on sale in Target, no less. It was for $179.99, 8 years ago. This thing didn't give me too many problems up until last year in 2018 where it would spit out ice chips like a frigging refrigerator water and ice dispenser would and make that noise too plus it doesn't make my bedroom nice and cool because the digital temp dial won't stay at the cooling I desire, around 60s. Instead, it raises itself up to the 70s-80s in degrees and takes a long while for it to rotate around my desired temp. and it is really annoying.

None of the other air conditioners in the house ever had problems like this one because they aren't HAIER!! Inside of the vent is BLACK and disgusting. I don't know what the hell it is. And I don't trust it!!! I just really want to take it out of my window and chuck out to the frigging ground. BUT the birds love to nest in the sides of it. so I can't bother them... yet!! Well-played Haier. And you suck!! Hope you belly up!!!!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I bought the AC unit a month ago. I had it set up in the spare bedroom where I keep my dogs while I'm at work. I got an AC that was 8000 btu which was more than I needed given the size of the room but I wanted to make sure my dogs stayed cool. I came home yesterday to find my AC unit blowing hot air and the spare bedroom a sauna. I lost all three of my dogs to heat stroke. Do NOT buy Haier.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I replaced my previous knob and Mercury Haier 5000 BTU window AC unit from year 2000, with a new digital 6000 BTU year 2016 Haier AC unit. The old unit, which was designed completely differently, seemed to cool much better... It made a sputtering noise when the compressor was on and I could always hear whether the compressor was on or not.

This new unit mostly rattles and blows. It seems cheap and wimpy compared to the old AC unit. And while it has some good days when the temperature outside is very hot and the air pressure in my apartment is exactly right, I can't rely on it completely for in between or cooler weather. The new 2016 Haier AC unit also developed terrible mold on the inside within 2 years use. I had to disassemble it, clean it, and drill holes in the bottom of the pan for better drainage. I'm worried I may need to buy a completely different AC unit, which probably won't be a Haier. I may have completely wasted $200.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I purchased a Haier ac 2 month ago. Now from 15 days it is idle for me because it is not cooling. Talked many time in service center. Many time technician visited but problem as it is. I am very frustrated. So friend Haier ac is fully waste of money. Do not buy Haier products.

Haier expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Haier is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Haier Group. As a global company specializing in consumer electronics, Haier is recognized for their commitment to sustainability and community. They sell wall, ductless, PTAC and portable air conditioners.

• Serenity Series: The Serenity Series air conditioners are the quietest window air conditioners on the market, so you can sleep comfortably and soundly without battling distractions from a noisy window unit. Listen to a comparison between the Serenity Series and a standard air conditioner online.

• Easy extended warranty: Extend your warranty for an extra three months for free simply by registering your Haier product online. Along with a warranty extension, registering your product will give you more efficient servicing and exclusive access to Haier news.

• Info Hub: Haier’s online Info Hub is the best place to figure out which model of appliance you really need. The “how to choose” feature takes you through an interactive survey to figure out with air conditioning solution is best for your home and lifestyle.

• Online repair request and status update: Request repairs for your air conditioner online at any time. Select your preferred date and time along with any additional requirements. You will be contacted shortly with confirmation on your appointment and you can check your repair status anytime.

• International: Haier is a global company and has air conditioning systems available in North and South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. So no matter where you are in the world, you can have access to a Haier air conditioning system.

• Best for: International users, homeowners and apartment dwellers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs