2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Built a new home in Indiana. Was a very good experience from sales to close. Small punchlist items were taken care of as requested. A few others are scheduled this week. Good quality for a production builder.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We had a great experience with Lennar and their entire customer service employees while building our home in Utah. Amazing workmanship, high quality material, and amazing service throughout the building process!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

It's hard to read all of these reviews be excited about Lennar, but I thought to provide my honest feedback. First off, no home is perfect, even if new. If you expect that, then the home sale price should have two commas in it, not one. That said, I have had the same cosmetic issues, minor delays, and general warranty concerns others have outlined. I have had nothing but a positive experience with the group that built our home and would like to publicly thank Dan ** for his quick responses and service.

Now that we are in the 2nd month I have submitted a couple of small warranty claims only to be responded to right away and then contacted by Dan on an update/answer/resolution. Service comes down to two things. 1. A process (that being the warranty claim on the website) and 2. the individual conducting the service. Dan has shined in every aspect to make our experience as positive as possible. I hope nothing changes and we don't experience issues others have described, but thanks to Lennar and our construction team for their care to make our service as good as advertised.

-Chris and Steph

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hello All: I have read more than 400 reviews in reference to Lennar LLC both positive and negative. With any new construction, whether it be Toll Brothers, DR Horton, Ryan and Lennar Homes this is what to expect. Also, for existing homes as well. As a Retired American Veteran who has worked in Military Housing, as a Realtor and now a HUD Employee, suggested working closely with the Company/Builders to ensure that all are in compliance with HUD/US Builders/Realtors Associations and the Department of Community Affairs.

Not only that, read your documents before signing them and don't let know sales/real estate consultant rush you into know type of agreement; don't let them dictate to you what you can place for a down payment and your closing date. You are the one that is in control of this large investment; take pictures of each building stages if possible and find out if the labor workers are licensed for the trade they are assigned to accomplish. And if you are a Disabled American Veteran or anyone with a Disability, make sure that they are in compliance with the American Disability Act (ADA) for what alterations you need for your new home. It's the LAW. My real estate sales consultant Jamie, has been very good and knows that I am very I have the experience and very knowledgeable in this business area. DO YOUR HOME AND DON'T BE RUSHED.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Ok so here's my tale. I purchased a home 2 years ago from a new builder called Mignatti who then sold itself immediately after Lennar, leaving my home under the care of Lennar. So Lennar took responsibility for the first year repairs. Did I mention I bought my home 2 years ago. Guess you can imagine where this is going. I handed them a list of work & in 2 years they've only managed to send 1 worker to repair nail pops on the wall. Now this company is using the # coronavirus gift of unexplained delays to claim they don't know us and it's Mignatti's problem. Wow! So we sent them proof via emails that they were in fact handling the list of work prior and now SILENCE, No response.

I had the opportunity to talk to neighbors and I'm not alone, 1 neighbor already sued for what she says was an extremely low payout that didn't cover the work needed, In my opinion That's the scam folks... They want you to sue so you have to take less and save on the work they're contracted to do. Avoid this company if you're a new buyer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

It appears that Lennar did NOT get final approval for the water connections from the street to the meter and failed to submit the proper paperwork for the City to take ownership of those lines. Has homes develop leaks in/around the meter leading to the street, the City is saying they do not have to fix it. The individual owner is now required to pay for those repairs, or the HOA as Lennar failed to complete the paperwork and inspections required. It appears we have 50+ homes affected by this, and several have had leaks. As Lennar completes a community, they sell remaining units to investors, shortcut required inspections just to pull out. Not a reputable company in my opinion.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I’m emailing you due to not only the extremely poor customer service from your ex employees, but also your current managers/directors in the San Antonio area. Attached are some of the emails and I have also had several rude and condensed conversations with Edgar.. Who says If I want to be more difficult he will just change my home plan because he can do that per the contact... I’m trying to settle this before getting legal involved.. but with your terrible managers in San Antonio I’m thinking I don’t have much of an option. I also have a BBB case open as well.

My issues now are the sales agent agreed to take off 1,000 dollars off my home due to all the issues he created.. then he quite and Lennar refuses to honor this even though I have a text confirming this... I tried to offer something in the middle, buy them moving up my closing so I don't lose money in the process... but instead they declined..

Now my home's slab was poorer too short. It was poured to the new plan not the old plan and the manager Edgar basically told me he was doing this for me... that my home should be the new one...but structure wise adding that tiny amount of slab is will need to be reviewed by a engineer.. He says I can pay for one on my own, but this is not my mistake... Also on the call he told me if I was to continue to be difficult he would just left it short and it would be my issues... This is the most terrible experience I’ve had with any company.

And to add to this issue we already purchased a home in the subdivision under the understanding that my original deal on my home would be completed.. So now I have an elderly mother at a location that is 40 mins away from me currently and a company that is running a bait and switch on my home. I don’t want to have to move to a legal action but at this point I don’t see any other options since now we will if y’all aren’t able to get my a home with what I requested and it’s structural sound and there is a signed report from an engineer.. we will have to bring my mother's house into the legal action since she won’t be able to live in this home.

Original review: July 20, 2020

We moved in during the beginning of Covid 19. Family room ceiling was so wavy it had to be redone twice. We were told the house would be meticulously cleaned. No one came in person to walk us thru using appliances etc and because this was a model home standing inventory the AC was set on a code. We could not get anyone to tell us the code and we froze in April North Carolina. Had to wear a sweater in the house jacket down. Comforters at night for almost 3 weeks. We are 69 and 70 yrs of age. It was a nightmare. Then the kitchen faucet leaked all over the counter. They repaired it twice and finally installed a new one. About week 2 the dishwasher came flying out of its cabinet opening when I pulled out the bottom rack landing on my leg. It hurt my shin and was very painful.

From the day we moved we had scratchy throats, red itchy eyes, a sore swollen throat and burning in our noses. At one point we were afraid we had the virus but no thank God that wasn't it. Our adult son quarantined with us. His eyes teared up. He had a tough time breathing as did we everyday and for almost 2 months we suffered. Then my husband discovered when changing the air filter a pile of fine dust in the returns from when they sanded the ceiling enough to fill our shop vac 3 xs. We also had to clean the top of all cabinets and molding. The dust was EVERYWHERE. It took us a day and much effort.

They re-attached the dishwasher but then it didn't work. The second new dishwasher didn't work either until another repair man came out. It does work now. The cooktop was all scratched up with the lettering scratched off so they agreed to order a new one. For a few weeks they said we would have to install it ourselves. WHAT? They finally sent a service man to install it but about an hour later we smelled gas. We waited a day before calling them. "We will be out sometime this week," they said. NO! It's a gas leak. We called our gas company. They came right out and red tagged it. Two back burners are leaking. Now they are ordering ANOTHER cooktop and meanwhile the gas is off and I cant prepare my planned menu to cook for my family.

During this pandemic we carefully shop for 6 days. I need the cooktop to implement parts of what I purchased. They did say they would cover our take out food but will they really? I doubt it. We have always lived in new homes. Pulte Signature Centex and a semi custom builder at the beach. Never EVER anything like this. Do not ever buy from Lennar. This is only month 4 and I sit in dread of what the next calamity is going to be. Oh btw Eagle Mortgage ANOTHER Nightmare. Run to another builder. Lennar is poison.

Original review: July 19, 2020

We have been living in the new home Lennar built for us for about a year and a half now. We first began to notice issues shortly after moving in. Little things, like not latching the windows so they blew in with the first thunderstorm. An outside vent blew off in the same storm (regular thunderstorm, not some super storm), which they said they couldn't repair because exterior features aren't covered. Fine. The back screen door blew open and busted because it wouldn't latch. Hurricane season approaches, and we find one of our windows is missing a storm shutter and another is missing a bolt for the storm shutter.

All small stuff, more inconvenient and cosmetic than anything. Now while doing yard work around the house we find a water bottle sticking out of the foundation. Yes, a water bottle was thrown into the cement of our home's foundation during construction and it is now there, compromising the foundation in that part of the house. Seriously. We have found a string of such absurdities in the past year. Certainly not what we expected with the price we paid for this house. Maybe they should worry less about providing "bells and whistles" like the smart home, and just build a well-constructed home instead.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Don't be fooled with the cute pictures, Lennar homes are nothing compared to what you will be promised, I have been an owner for a year and everyday I discover something wrong, from an even tile, to warranty issues that takes months to get resolved, leaking shower, appliances failure, worst lawn with brown spots regardless of how much care you put into it, pavers work is a mess, double panel windows not blocking sound or even ants, sliding door with bug entry underneath, this is my first home and first time experience with Lennar, and I have said this before and will say it again never again buy Lennar. I have friends who bought their homes from other builders, way better service, better work and the price is about the same.

Lennar Homes Company Information