2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I have had them out multiple times because of air conditioning problems and still not working correctly. Why is a new built home continuing to have same problem. Paid to have home inspection prior to my year and he stated my air conditioning unit is too small. Lennar refuses to add second unit or bigger unit saying it’s big enough, but my bill isn’t saying the same unit is working extra hard and has already broken needing parts replaced. Would check before buying a home that everything is up to standards because I’m not happy with my home. I shouldn’t have any complaints with a new home and if I do it should be resolved correctly the first time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Drove by and saw Lennar Homes in Garland. I was told sales were going fast and did quick walk-around on model. Me and my wife decided on the house. 2 days later we went back and asked if the Jade II was still available and was told it was. The salesman we worked wasn’t there but we were assured that they will sell that house to us and asked us to do their online application which we did. With all promises we were sent out of there made believe we had the house locked on our name and I asked if they needed any money so I can write them a check or get cashier check. They said, "No we are good to go." Anyways next day I send them more information on behalf of me and my wife feeling happy to have finally found a house and was moving forward.

2 days later we hear nothing back and I drive back and ask them what's going on and found out that because the original sales associate logged me in the other salesperson that promised that we got the house just sold it under us because she couldn’t help us. That she said, "Even though you guys were first" because I was logged by the other guy that she completely dropped us and sold the house we were promised. I am very disappointed and wanted to talk with management but they told me the management couldn’t do anything about any of this information. I am very upset, I don’t know what to say. All I can say is that these people lied to me and sold the house that was sold to me. I would love to resolve this issue with management if they want to reach out to me.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I purchased a Lennar Home in 2018 and I am out of warranty but this should not be a warranty issue. I recently purchased new appliances from Best Buy. Unfortunately, when they delivered the refrigerator it kept tripping the circuit breaker. The refrigerator was tested and it was not the refrigerator. Lennar wires all their house with the refrigerator on the same outlet as the backsplash outlets. They also wire the microwave and the stove on the same circuit breaker.

I called an electrical contractor and they came out. They told me that the refrigerator has to be be on its own circuit and not on a GFI switch. They did a work around and now the refrigerator is working. Now the new stove is also causing the same problem. I am going to have to install new circuit breakers in order to resolve this issue. Be careful if you want to upgrade your appliances. Lennar stated that since I upgraded it was my problem. They use inexpensive GE appliances with very little features that are very low energy so upgrading to a appliance that draws more power causes a problem.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

***Don't buy a home from this company. I wished I had read the reviews on here first before purchasing my brand new town home from Lennar. It has been a horrible experience so far. I'm a resident at the Alpharetta, GA location and it seems the issues I'm experiencing are exactly the same as others are experiencing across the nation. Furthermore, I have made several complaints to the leadership team and never heard anything back and I finally sent an email to the top 3 executives at Lennar; I am waiting to see if they'll reply. Here are the issues I've experienced so far.

-Insults from one of the Lennar customer service reps in texts (I've logged everything).
      -Continuous delays on getting items fixed in my home.
      -They would schedule appointments and no one would show up.
      -They would argue that I never listed items to be fixed from when I moved in when I really did and I would have to prove by showing them the case #'s and then still nothing happens.
      -Most of the items that need to be fixed were never taken care of during my walk throughs.

-It just seems now that they honestly don't care. It can't be a coincidence that so many people are experiencing the same issues across the nation.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

We wanted to buy a house from them, but their unhelpful and straight-up lying sales rep turned us off. They refused to allow us to work with an agent of our own, and every step of the way we received conflicting information that often contradicted what they had told us the day before. Thankfully we discovered this early and didn't waste more time or any money on them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Buyer beware: Lennar’s new home rep. provided potential buyers with outdated CCRs! It was later discovered that Lennar amended the CCRs 2 years early, yet when buyers requested the CCRs they still sent the old-outdated documents. The amendment gravely effected property values by moving from a 10% rental cap to unlimited rentals! Do your research, don’t trust their reps. Get the CCRs from the Register of Deeds. And remember until all homes are sold Lennar has full control of the HOA board with no owner representation.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

If I could give Lennar less than zero stars, I would. That’s how poor our experience was (and still is). For sake of simplicity, I will focus on only the items that angered us the most. Believe me, there were plenty of things Lennar did wrong. Firstly, our house was not completed on the closing date. We requested to move the closing date a few days so that all of the punch list items were completed and not rushed. Lennar management told us if we did not close on the scheduled closing date, they would make sure we lost the house and our deposit, and they would sue us for damages. How’s that for customer service?

We were forced to close with an unfinished house and the punch list was never finished. I had to pay out of pocket for materials and labor to complete the punch list items that I could manage myself. So now we’re left with “warranty" items that either take too long for Lennar to complete or they never get completed at all. For example, we have a defective exterior door that is sealed shut and completely unusable from the defect. It took months to actually get Lennar customer service to make any kind of arrangements to replace the door. I have wasted countless hours waiting for sub-contractors to replace the door. They usually never show up or they show up unannounced in an uncoordinated fashion and can’t do the repair.

For example, the door subcontractor showed up one early morning unannounced and declared he was here to replace the door. Well, the door was never delivered so he couldn’t replace it. When they did deliver the door, they destroyed our mailbox with their truck. Fast forward to the rescheduled repair date and the door sub-contractor never showed up. This is very typical for Lennar and unacceptable. I have already posted multiple reviews about Lennar’s lack of customer service and poor construction. I have also convinced several friends who were looking to build a house to go with any other builder other than Lennar. I wish we had never built with Lennar. They are a worthless company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I am purchasing a Lennar home in Parkland Bay. I have been visiting the neighborhood since building started almost 2yrs ago. They didn’t have a model of a Hibiscus that we purchased so we went into another one just finished and was told there were “standard options”. Once building began we were surprised to see that a $700k home had a Formica countertop. Cabinets were stained horribly bad. Bathroom sinks were one piece without undermounted sinks. Showers on a track. All items you would find in an apartment. We were told that their “standard options changed”. Mortgage company slow, they gave us a higher interest rate although we have 700+ credit score. Title company fees $10,000 more than other title companies. They charged a $11,000 builders fee that no other builders charge. A complete ripoff.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

From when our Lennar home was being built, to now over 1 year after moving in Lennar has been the absolute worst. So many build issues & the Customer service team is rudely ignorant of any requests. They will literally ignore your emails, finally reply with very short answers, and offer no help. Our basement bathroom was supposed to have full rough-ins, and once they became aware they didn’t do it properly, I am still going back and forth with them to schedule the plumber. OVER A YEAR LATER.

The quality of workmanship on these homes is a joke. Crooked walls and clear shortcuts taken when building. The list here is endless in every way. I just wanted to include a couple things that illustrate how terrible Lennar is. By far, the most frustrating thing is their team. It’s incredible how rude and unhelpful they are every step of the way. I don’t know if they are trained to act this way, or if 95% of the people who work there are just legitimately miserable. The one cool person we liked that worked there has left, for obvious reasons.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I am exhausted with Lennar builders. I dont have the energy to do this. All I can say is go somewhere else. Do not deal with this company. You want specifics, then email me at **. They don't care about the consumer. They do not care about quality. They are only interested in $$. They will exhaust your time and all you do to get service will be your life for 2 years if you have the energy to keep up. They will exhaust you. It's all a game to keep you from complaining and to let your warranty run out. I'm ready for Consumer Action Center. Anyone else?

Lennar Homes Company Information