Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.1/5 (58 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I needed to redo a room in my home so I called Lennar to find the out the type of flooring I needed to order and was given the wrong flooring information. The flooring I ordered was a special order and the materials were not what is in my home. I am now out of $600 dollars and can't replace flooring in my home. This is a loss I can not afford!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

We signed a contract with Lennar on 10/18/2021 to buy the Ascott model in the 55+ community in Aurora, Colorado, located at 22336 E Narrowleaf Place. The closing was planned to be on 11/15/2021. The house was in the final stages to finish. Over few visits, we added our flags on the walls & doors for sections that require repairs. However, at the time we signed the contract, the concrete in the basement showed no cracks. We visited the house the week before closing and cracks appeared in the basement concrete. We asked Mr. ** what can be done about it. He said nothing can be done.

This early presence of cracks turned us off. We thought about it days and nights and finally decided not to go with the closing since the cracks are already showing and the house is brand new. We cancelled the closing and asked Lennar for the $5k refund or at least 50% of the amount. The company refused per email from the sales person. Very sad situation. I will leave it up to the public to judge the way they treated us. We give them one star.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I closed on this property in 06/08, had several issues that the builder said they will take care of but never did. They trick you to accepting the defaults in the house and convince you they will take care of it but once you close they leave you in the cold. Honest advise, never buy from this builder otherwise be prepared to fix and repair on a daily basis.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Be very careful when purchasing a home from Lennar. The sales people will say anything to get you to sign. Read the fine print and ensure any promises/commitments are in writing. Also they will push their lending company on you. You can do better elsewhere. Look around. If you decide to buy. Don't rush to complete the satisfaction survey. They are real nice before and then once they get the survey in service goes down. I would never buy another Lennar home. Quality is subpar. Organization is even worst. You have been warned. Check BBB.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

DO NOT TAKE Your clients to Lennar, they do not pay realtor fees. Lennar has been reducing realtor commissions since January and increasing their house prices weekly! Lennar also send you false advertisement emails saying they will pay a Bonus to realtors and then they just simply tell you that it's only on selective properties or models, which of course it's a makeup list by Lennar. Lennar also charges a point higher on interest rates than what the current market is at. Of course you are not made aware of this until After you switch to finance with Lennar's lender. When you question the rate they offer you to buy the rate down, that's right, you have to pay for what the actual current rate are. This is a rip off all the way around.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

We closed on our home back in February of 2021. The promise of "all included" and "quality" is not worth the issues or it's weight in gold. We've had to create a spreadsheet of all the issues we've been having with the workmanship. From poorly installed bathroom flooring, siding issues, a fully cracking main floor ceiling, cut flooring, painting all over our siding, garage door issues, large dip in our front yard from the grading, dead tree... The list goes on and on. Lennar's response goes from mildly responsive to nonexistent. We've also talked to neighbors who've had similar experiences. It's unfortunate that being sold on quality meant cut corners and rushing a job to what end? Our advice look at a different builder and check more reviews from that builder in different communities around where you're interested in building.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Lennar is a purely profitable trading company that does not care about the interests of the residents. They care about their profits first and foremost. The construction does not rise to a good level, but below what is acceptable. The materials used are very cheap and of poor quality. There are no public services available in the complex. There is not enough parking. Management of the complex to deal with good behavior and morals with the residents. There are no services provided for association fees.

There is a rush to complete the role to receive the money from the banks, which led to the emergence of defects in the construction like we found heads of wooden nails under the carpet, where several times my children complained that something is embedded in their feet. There are a lot of defects in the building of townhouses, the stuff, and materials which they used is bad and cheap quality to save more money for their own profit. The management of their company and complexes do not have enough experience, are very rude, and not cooperative. I do not recommend it to anyone at this time, if not improve the standard of quality and service.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I am a realtor, when I registered my clients I was told the compensation would be 2%. I have spent many months showing them homes. When a home came available we accepted. Fast forward after three weeks I get my commission paperwork and it's only a flat fee. I was told they just changed the commission structure, and there is nothing they can do. I'm being paid 1/3 the amount I would have been paid if we have bought a regular home. I have a family to support. I find solace in the fact that I talked my clients out of thousands in unnecessary upgrades that would have benefited the builder. Short-changing realtors will come back to hurt you Lennar Homes. When the market shifts and you're begging us, once again, to bring our buyers? I'll be sharing this site with all your horrible reviews and I'll never recommend you again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

We have lived here 9 months.

1. During the buying process we were told we could belong to the club that included a pool, pickleball courts, etc. After closing I went to sign up and was told I could not join because they changed their minds about who could belong. When I talked to our salesperson she just shrugged and said oh well. The club was one of the reasons we purchased here.

2. The appliances are cheap and don’t work. After a huge hassle and numerous fixes we finally got the dishwasher replaced. Though it’s the same brand and model. My refrigerator hasn’t been fully functional in 2 months and after 5 repairs it still doesn’t work. They were supposed to deliver a new one but just didn’t show up.

3. Finding a customer service person to help is impossible because they can’t make any decisions and have to get approval - which can take weeks.

4. During the purchase process we constantly heard, “We do everything possible because we send out a survey and we want all 10’s. If you aren’t giving us a 10 we’ll fix it so that you will." I’m still waiting on that survey….because they aren’t even close.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Lennar’s lender could not work with us. We found a different lender that could work with us and close on time. Lennar cancelled our purchase agreement because we changed lenders. They also kept our $2000 earnest money. They demanded we use their lender and their contact to sell our current home. 5 different closing dates. We lost $5000 on a higher offer selling a rental property because of Lennar’s first closing date that they refused to budge on. Lennar finally agreed to refund the earnest money if we signed an agreement stating we asked for the cancellation. WE DID NOT ASK FOR THE CANCELLATION!!

We have emailed the company several times trying to get the wording changed in the agreement. They have never replied. I have received an automated email from Lennar almost every other day; some emails are for a purchase agreement, some to continue the lending process. We have continued to receive these emails even though we have driven by the house and it has been sold. In my opinion, Lennar is a bully and impossible to work with.

Lennar Homes Company Information