1.42/5
Based on 49 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

lennar.com

173 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I can’t express the level of disappointment! Cheap Materials, Terrible Construction, drywall is paper thin! Electrical outlets don’t work! Defected tiles, missing pieces to bathroom vanities. Appliances are horrible and don’t work properly! Missing rain gutters! No proper irrigation in the community. Oh and Water pressure there is none!! I repeat. Don’t buy from Lennar!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We signed paperwork in January for a new house build with CalAtlantic and had a closing date on contract of August 9th (today). No communication through June until we met with construction manager who indicated their schedule looked like September...what? We are lining up house sale, furniture delivery, moving coordination and no communication from our builder. We've gone back and forth with excuses, weather, permitting process, and in the meantime watch 6 Lennar spec homes go up around us...guess they are not impacted by the held up processes. Today our house sits framed with electrical and HVAC in with no schedule for drywall or follow-up work to take place as well as no hard date for close...currently estimated in October. Not happy and am hopeful that the quality of finished product is better than their delivery communications or this will be a hard fight...

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We purchased a house in Vero Beach FL several months ago. Since, we have had a couple issues. Such as the shower door installed incorrectly causing water to come out. Driveway pavers shifting. Kitchen counters had no sealer. Bar part of counter was leaning down. The list goes on. It took Lennar 2 months to address issues. Since then, other things have come up. Such as kitchen cabinets separating inside (all of them at the bottom). Broken tile. Second floor cracking. Pavers shifting. Uneven sod in front and back yard etc, etc. Bottom line is that it has taken me to call corporate to get a callback. I have included some pictures. I was told that the outlet to the stove is fine and that I must go to Home Depot to buy the supplies for the bar.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Never ever done this before, write a review. To anyone even considering buying in this development (Lennar Westshore Natomas California)...don't. Get in your car and drive away as fast as you can. The agents on site will downright lie about the properties to make a sale. And the customer service following signing...well there isn't any. I am a 67 yr old widow who moved here to be closer to family... Lennar is the biggest mistake I have ever made. Plan on selling asap.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband and I were looking to purchase our first home and a friend of mine recommended Lennar. She and I drove around to their different properties and came across a sales consultant name Kevin. He said everything and I mean everything I wanted to hear! I said to him at one point “you are a real smooth talker, let’s see if you can execute”. When my husband went to meet with him my husband was provided with different numbers, we said, "Ok we will still go through them with the deal," at signing the numbers changed AGAIN and we still signed.

The very next day I inputted our new address into Realtor.com and the price that they sold us the home for is more than what is listed online. They refuse to change it. My husband and I protested. Our realtor spoke with Kevin and he informed our realtor that he would gladly refund our good faith deposit and cancel the contract. What kind of customer service is that?! What kind of bait and switch is this?!!! Buying a house is not the same as buying a car. A lot of time and money is involved. You would expect from a big company as Lennar they would cater to their buyers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: July 14, 2018

I am currently in the process of watching my home being built at Heritage at Todd Creek in Thornton, CO. My home is supposed to be one of their premier models costing approx. $750,000. If you looked you probably saw many reviews like mine. Lennar seems to hire the lowest cost contractor they can. They encourage a weekly list of issues from home buyers but mostly ignore them or respond with vague responses that tend to hide the fact that they really don't answer. Or say they would be happy to refund my money. I spent much of my career selling building products to builders. To put it bluntly they just want the lowest price. Quality means very little to them. The same is true in this case.

It is public information that their gross margin in 2017 was 21.7% or in my case about $159,500. They could resolve all my quality issues for about $2,500. They are just too stubborn, arrogant or greedy to do it. Quality last/margins first. For example, they pour all the basement and garage floors at 3.75" and they don't even put any reinforcement like steel wire mesh or re-bar or fibers. Instead they make a lot of "cuts" in the floors that will tend to hide the cracks. Additionally, they do a poor job of compacting the soil. They just run over it with construction equipment but that obviously misses many spots including all the critical corner areas. So now I have a questionable base of concrete elements that they continue to build on.

Next, I wanted to be certain I don't have to live with squeaky floors for the rest of my life. Same sloppy experience with the floor installation. Gluing is hit and miss. Nailing is hit and miss. They put the stairway opening in the wrong place. OK - honest mistake. But when they repaired the problem I ended up with a really sloppy patch job. Now, the roof joists are installed and you would think it would be a given that they will all line up straight. Nope - they line up +/- 1.5 inches. So I guess I end up with a wavy roof next and soffits that will be poorly aligned.

Is it possible the whole crew is just sloppy. In either case, Lennar supervisors should be finding all this and fixing it. I think they are either poorly trained or have too much on their plates. The problem this creates for me is that they continue right on making a proper repair impossible in some cases. For example now that roof joists are already installed how can you lift floor sheeting to glue it properly?

Lastly, you should know that Lennar's new program "everything is included" means they they will decline any minor changes. So, for example, we have to let the tile installers install tile so we can later rip it out to add a simple hand shower unit. Now the cost becomes $1,045 when it could have been $265. Adding 4 can lights will cost us $950 when it could cost $115 during rough in. We wouldn't expect any of this for free. But how difficult would it be for Lennar to work with a single licensed "handyman" type contractor that could do all this sort of thing for each home buyer? And Lennar could make a nice profit on it. It wouldn't take much. But I guess that the market is so strong for them right now that they have little regard for what the home buyer wants... once that very one-sided contract is signed. Buyer beware!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

There was significant damage to my lawn due to (a) improper drainage system and (b) home construction next to my house (by the same builder). I did not want to be obstacle and therefore, did not object or complain. However, verbally got confirmation from the constructor that he would take care of the damage (including replacing SOD) once construction is over. I have been following up with them for several months after completion of construction. Finally, when they arrived after several months of aggressive follow-up, they replaced sod only for part of the damaged lawn. For the drainage issue, they opted for a cheaper option of adding dirt instead of adding a drainage pipe (not sure if it is going to work when it rain). Overall, construction quality is poor and they don't care about resolving issues appropriately.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have been living in a yard that is a swamp since moving in from day one 2 years ago. I have not been able to use my backyard, which I paid an extra 15k due to being completely flooded along with side yard, EVERY DAY! I was told after failed attempts at fixing this, that needed to be regarded and landscape issue. I was now informed that it is an issue for builder! "Please contact GSRas." They have placed blame on builder not landscaping. I am fed up that after two years I cannot walk on any lawn around my home which will now be a mosquito breeding ground. I have slipped fell and watch my dog sink into muck! I am so frustrated with being pushed off to HOA when your issue and will come to Lennar formerly Cal Atlantic random homesites etc. to deter people from buying! I WANT this fixed!!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Me and my husband live in the Central Valley. We recently visited the Savannah Series in Clovis, CA at 4067 San Gabriel Ave Clovis, CA 93619. We were interested in purchasing one of the Lennar homes; sadly the customer service we received was horrible. When I walked in one lady was on the phone with a customer, but another lady was in the office and was not helping anyone. Me and my husband stood there for a few minute before she came out, looked at us and started shuffling papers on the wall. I had to say hello for her to acknowledge us and she said hi, but still was not open to helping. I asked if we could talk to someone about the homes and she asked me and my husband if we were looking for the Lennar homes in Fresno and that this was Clovis. I was very offended by the question and have since wondered if she asked other people who came in there the same thing.

I told her we were looking for Clovis and she again pushed and said, "Are you sure? Because we have homes exactly like this in Fresno." Mind you me and my husband are ** and you don't see many minorities in Clovis as you do in Fresno so with that thought in mind, me and my husband felt so unwelcomed. We have lived and grown up in Clovis our whole lives. After we looked at the model homes and came back into the office the lady stayed in her office, did not get up to see if we were interested or anything so me and my husband left. I just wanted to bring this to someone at the company's attention and hopefully no one else will be treated this way simply because they "don't look like they belong." Due to this experience I don't see myself purchasing a home anytime soon or in the future with Lennar simply because first impressions are huge for me.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We bought our home from CalAtlantic (now Lennar) at Falls of Hickory Flats (Canton, GA). Our home is very nice but having a problem with microwave and everyone at Lennar (formerly CalAtlantic when we bought) passes the buck and not step forward to help. Our display went out and under warranty. It turns out we have no model/serial number sticker on microwave and repairman says it usually means faulty and aftermarket and probably hiding something from us. After some investigating, Whirlpool gave the supposed model number to repairman but part is still on order and wonder if it is true model number. I would add that the model number provided whirlpool does not match what the design center informed us we would get when building our home. We wanted answers from Lennar and reached out to salesperson, builder and design center contact.

Salesperson informed us they no longer help us after the close. The builder said he only puts in what the design center orders and provides to him. The design center person passed it onto (warranty) customer service. Customer Service never returned any emails or contacts within last 2 weeks. No one would provide answers to us. All passed the buck onto someone else. Now we have a faulty microwave provided to us. I am very disappointed in Lennar for this and thought the company would step up and right the wrong. I am very displeased with this experience and would turn me off from a future home purchase from them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My husband and I had the displeasure of building a home with Lennar a little over three years ago. Going through that process, and living in that house for the past three years has been far from what we had hoped for our first home-owning experience, and I can only hope it is not the standard. During the buying and building process, it became apparent that there is high turnover with Lennar. It’s often difficult to get answers to your questions, especially if you attempt to reach the office, and not someone at the model home. Getting the contact information necessary to escalate issues is near impossible.

Our home was completed over two months later than expected. The stairs were not stained to match our floors well. We had to have that corrected. A cracked window was installed that we had to have replaced. Our garage door did not work from day one. There was a massive scratch on our hardwood floor. They installed the wrong size shower door. Two of our recessed lights were installed incorrectly and did not work. I found molded boards in our attic. The metal shield that goes over the pipes coming out from the HVAC unit on the outside of the house was never installed. Those same pipes were never caulked.

Lennar installed window screens on all of the windows, despite the HOA's rules against having screens on the front of the home. Residents were then flagged by the HOA for Lennar's negligence. They installed our sod in the heat of summer, and promised to install new sod if it didn’t take. When it didn’t take, we had to fight and fight some more in order for them to fulfill their promise. We fought so long, in fact, that it ended up being installed in the summer again. Again, it did not take well.

After moving in, construction crews continued to use our outdoor water and electricity while building other homes, after telling them to stop. To this day, three years later, construction crews have backed into our yard leaving tire marks and killing the grass that we have worked so hard to grow. They have also left black tire marks on our driveway. They consistently leave trash strewed across the neighborhood. Despite contacting Lennar about these issues, none of them were resolved.

There were supposed to be two small windows installed in our master bedroom. One of the small windows was never cut out and finished on the inside, but you could clearly see the window (and the labels on it and the drywall behind it) on the outside of our home. Because of these reasons, and more, I do not recommend giving Lennar any of your time or energy. Find a more reliable builder! I will say that Lennar has resolved most of the issues above, however, this was not without us practically harassing them until they did. Please also note that some of these things could be caused by the negligence of the companies they hire to do specific work.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I purchased my Lennar home in a new development in September 2017. At the time of purchase we were informed by Lennar that there was an extensive drainage system installed in the community as the area had poor drainage. We were ensured that this system was designed in such a way that water retention would never be a concern. However, after the first heavy rain in January 2018 our backyard turned into a holding pond. Further, the water was visible. Did not drain completely until well over a week later. Following the procedures outlined by Lennar, I contacted my customer service rep to inform him of the problem.

Lennar, as well a Stormwater Maintenance company has been out to survey my yard several times and I was informed by Lennar that when my home was constructed the land was not graded properly and that additional drainage would need to be installed... Meaning my entire yard would need to be ripped up. All the hard work I had put into fertilizing and growing the grass would be destroyed and I would have to spend extra time and additional money through no fault of my own.

I have been told many times that the work to install additional drainage to prevent my yard from flooding would start soon and was even told to stop my lawn maintenance, however, it is now six months later and I still have not received confirmation from Lennar that my yard will be repaired and when. Now, after any amount of rainfall, my yard transforms into a swamp for days, then turns into a large muddy, brown area with no grass and a horrible smell. In addition, I fear that this issue could cause structural damage to my home due to the proximity of the water to the foundation.

The standing water draws snakes, mosquito and other rodents. I have a contract in place to install a fence around my yard for my dog, but cannot proceed with install until this issue is rectified and I cannot let my dog roam in my own yard due to all the water. This is a clear violation of the warranty and I do not trust that Lennar will move forward with the required repairs as I have been told that this will cost them thousands of dollars. At this time I plan to file a formal complaint with the corporate office and pursue legal action if necessary.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Lennar sold us a "premium lot" in Mount Dora, Florida. The upgrade lot cost was $10k. The house sits high on a hill and looks over woods. A retaining wall was built and a fence installed by Lennar prior to building. Before building, we expressed a great deal of concern about the steep backyard hill and possible landscaping solutions to make the yard have any useable space. We were assured that while landscaping would come at a price, it was certainly possible to add stairs, a retaining wall and a patio. We decided we could make it beautiful and budgeted for the landscaping. After building, our entire street has been affected by the crumbling retaining wall previously in place by Lennar. Water running off the home roofs has caused yards to collapse.

Lennar attempted fixes, as inexpensive as possible for about a year and then announced they would need to take down homeowner's fences and install french drains in the retaining wall. Drainage improved and we thought the matter was resolved. This week. We received letters from Lennar attorneys that we will need to remove our landscaping pavers - approximately 12 feet from the retaining wall - in case they ever need to access the drains again and because they want to repair their community fence and move it two feet closer to our homes. This means that we must remove the approximately $15k worth of hardscaping we installed in the first place.

Lennar's response was that the people from Lennar that worked with us on the hardscaping are no longer with the company. We are beyond frustrated, concerned not just about the lost money but also that the wall is still not capable of keeping our homes from collapsing. Of course, the neighbors are all coming together and learning that in buying our homes we signed away all rights for a class action suit and there is little to no remedy available but to give up our yards to fix their improper drainage system and wall. Buyer beware! This is a nightmare!

Original review: May 21, 2018

Lennar treats Prospect New Home Buyers like Chess Pieces. That is, it does not matter how early in a project you attempt to secure a lot to start the process of building your new house (Galiano Estates/South West Miami Dade/Breaking Ground in May 2018.) It does not matter if credit, income and debt wise you are more than an excellent and serious Prospect Buyer with the Deposit Check in hand. What matters to Lennar is the size of the house you are interested in. What matters to Lennar is how much money they can make on their lots. That is, if you want to buy the least expensive house (not because that's what you can afford but because that is the house size you need). They will no longer communicate with you and pretend the current/upcoming Building Phases (as they make lots available to build).

Do not include your model and leave you lingering for weeks and months if you allow them. That is so they can sell the lots to people that want the bigger most expensive houses even if they can't afford it as well as you could (No concern for the Real Estate Bubble.). In conclusion: Lennar's customer service style which should consider a first come first serve approach (as long as you are a solid buyer of course) is not in their business model. Lennar's Business Model is to play Chess with you. You are only a Chess Piece for them and nothing more. I wonder if their approach is legal... Good Luck!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I wish I could give Lennar at Gleneagles a good review. The reason I can't is because I give them a great review. The entire process has been completely pain and stress free. Damen ** the new home buyer agent has been 100% available and has been able to answer all of my questions. I would recommend them to anyone. So excited to move into my new home.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We purchased a Lennar Home in Winter Garden, FL back in October 2016. The final warranty repair item from our hit list was literally just finished last week! It took Lennar 19 months to fix the warranty repair items in our home! Let me tell you, if the homeowner doesn't stay on top of Lennar getting things completed, they never will be done! Their Customer Care Reps that handle the post-closing items are absolutely inept, ill-trained and cannot coordinate trade repairs. There is absolutely zero quality control on Lennar to ensure the trades are doing the proper repairs and quality work.

Our warranty repair hit list was moderate. Most items were very easy fixes for the respective trades to complete. The largest items on our list were the Lennox central A/C evaporator coil that was defective (class action lawsuit) and the 1x12 trim on the staircase. The evaporator coil in the Lennox A/C unit began to leak approximately 6 months after we closed. We noticed the a/c would run constantly and never cycle off. The inside temperature would never drop to the set thermostat temp.

We discovered that many other Lennar homeowners in our community had or were having the same problem. Research uncovered a class action lawsuit for faulty evaporator coils from Lennox. Ours was replaced under warranty. The company that installed the original HVAC unit was called out to replace the evaporator coil. I was present with the technician as he tested the coil and found it to be leaking from a few areas. Rust began to form on the coils. After replacing the evaporator coil, the technician left a mess for us to clean! (Del-Air).

The other huge undertaking for Lennar was the replacement of the staircase trim. It was originally cut too short at the top stair riser. I could put my hand between the trim and the stair riser! Lennar's first idea to remedy the problem was a short-cut to say the least! They wanted to have a carpenter cut a sliver of wood and somehow attach it to the trim to fill the void! The second idea was to install small pieces of trim on every stair riser (so they all match). I wanted it fixed correctly, and stood firm on them replacing it properly. This all took place in October 2017. The carpenter trade they used was New England Trim.

They started the project by delivering one piece of 20' MDF 1x12 trim to our home (we should have received two). That piece of trim sat in our home from October 2017 until April 2018 before Lennar's Customer Service Rep finally (after my constant calling) started to schedule the repair. Another huge problem is that the Customer Service Rep doesn't have enough respect for us to check with us first prior to scheduling the trades to show up and work! I missed work hours because of Lennar! New England Trim must have some of the worst carpenters! It took them two attempts to get the kneeboard installed, and still failed.

They also only attempted to replace six of the eleven spindles which did not even match the original ones that were installed! The trim nails weren't countersunk in the MDF and the paint never adhered to the fake wood. The carpenters wanted to fill a 1/4" gap from the bottom of the MDF to the top of the trim with caulking!!! We had one side of kneeboard trim the original pine wood, and Lennar attempted to replace the other side with MDF which is fake (pressed) cardboard. This repair would have been so easy to a trained professional carpenter! Lennar eventually had to dismiss New England Trim and use DriRite to complete the install of another piece of pine wood. DriRite did a decent job on the install.

One other point I want to make is how irresponsible Lennar is in the quality control over the construction. As we were already living in our new home, other homes were still in the construction phase. At one point, my wife's black car was parked on the street in front of our home. Lennar's painters began priming a house across the street on a windy day unbeknownst to us. My wife went out to find her car covered in smurf blue overspray! Would it have taken much for the painters to knock on a door or two and advise us to move the car??? Or perhaps Lennar taking the responsibility to inform those homeowners in the immediate area when they are scheduled to paint? Of course not! Lennar never took responsibility of the damage to our vehicle's paint! We found this to be extremely discourteous, irresponsible and ultimately disrespectful to us and the other homeowners that suffered the same damage to their vehicle!

My advice to anyone set on purchasing a Lennar home, be vigilant and know that you are going to have to battle this builder to do the right thing! Lennar is NOT going to step up and do the right thing for you! Your pre-closing walk-through is going to be the most important day (or two) of the purchase! Look at EVERYTHING!!! They want to close on the home so they will repair items quickly. After you close, they forget all about you, nor do they care about fixing your warranty items. Quite possibly look into other better quality builders.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have been dealing with Lennar for months now, not only did they lie to me about the price of the home, the earnest money amount, lied about when the home would be ready. These people got my $2000 check and then told me the home would not be built by the time they said! The sales people are only nice before you sign the contract, once they have your money they turn on you. They make you use EAGLE HOME MORTGAGE in order to "give closing costs" (they add it in elsewhere!!!). They told us one interest rate and the gave us a much higher one! My husband got sick and we can't move. We sent them all of the proof including showing that he was not getting paid and they refused to return the earnest money, even though they had of course promised that they would return it!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

I thought I had recently bought a new home in Southwest Florida only to find out that when they drew up the contract it was $10,000 higher than we had agreed. I have all the documentation of the offer and acceptance on email. It even went as far as me putting money down to seal the deal. I thought we had a valid contract. It did raise eyebrows when they tried to rush everything through today. I guess they expected me to not read the lengthy contract. They wanted me to hurry and sign. Now I see why. Please be very careful when dealing with these people. This just happened today, 4-28-18. I'll keep you posted as to how they handle the situation. If there's a lawyer interested, please respond.

Original review: April 24, 2018

We got a lot, and we started to build a house. After we signed the contract it is almost impossible to get hold by email or phones with anyone. We had the show up in person to try to find out something. As it turns out, Patrick is no longer with the company and right now we technically do not have a builder. We were also told that we could not have the phone number for the builder from corporate who is overseeing the in-progress homes, so we have no idea of the status of our home. We were also told that we no longer have a new home sales coordinator. We asked who we can contact for information about our house and asked if it would be Myriam since she is the new home sales coordinator at Lancaster. She informed us that it would not be her, and that we did not have a new home sales coordinator.

At this point we are incredibly frustrated however an entire deposit in. Our frustrations started when we were supposed to do our pre-construction walkthrough. We were given a date, I took off work to attend. We get there 10 minutes early, 10 minutes AFTER we were supposed to start there is no one there. So we called the office and it turns our then builder (Richard) was no longer with the company and would have to reschedule with Patrick. So since we signed, we had Richard, then Patrick, now nobody as our builder. We also no longer have a new home sales coordinator. I understand that turnover is inevitable and that mergers cause shifts in employment, however that should all be transparent to the customer and they should keep you informed.

This is a terrible way of conducting business. If anyone has any contact information of someone in corporate for Lennar or CalAtlantac, please pass this to me. Again, sorry for the noise, but this is beyond ridiculous. Now, the builder (Edward) is out until next week, and we do not have anyone to answer our questions regarding the house, and they do not have anyone to cover Edward. It is being stressful deal with this company. Buy a house should be fun, not stressful because of the company.

Original review: April 17, 2018

There were many problems. The home was not clean. There was paint splatters everywhere. I had to complain to have it re-cleaned before we moved in. Then the carpet was installed incorrectly on the stairs. Had it fixed but they use such crappy padding that we are stepping on tack nails. Smoke alarms kept saying low battery even when we changed the batteries three times. Still waiting for that to be taken care of. The paint job on the inside of the house deserves a 1 star. Wood work and walls only painted with one coat. Front doors in entire neighborhood are installed incorrectly. The hinges are on the outside which is not recommend due to the fact the hinge pins can be popped out easily and your home burglarized. No screen with the slider door. Not sure why they do not cost a lot. Closing was ridiculously late in the evening and then the keys did not work the next day. Very frustrating process to get stuff fixed. I would not recommend a Lennar home!

Original review: April 6, 2018

My wife and I moved to Aurora Colorado due to a relocation in her job. Our search needed to be fast and we hoped smooth. We found a spec home by Lennar that was in the framing stage and decided to move forward with it. First of all they made it clear that we would not be able to change a thing that was already planned for the home. I mean a THING, not the carpet, cupboards, countertops, or even the color on the walls. However, Steve the construction manager did allow me to keep the extra brick that covered the house as long as I came and moved it into the garage (HEAVY).

A month before we moved in we noticed that they ran the air conditioning lines below the drywall in the basement, this was unacceptable so I emailed Jeffrey (Lanner realtor) and Steve to have that fixed so the lines were up in the floor joist, just as they were in every other homes being built around us. Steve dismissed this and said it was normal and a scheduling miscommunication. On our final walk-through a week before closing they realized just how bad it was, and said they would get it corrected. A whole week past and on our move-in date they had a company in there fixing this problem.

On our final walk-through there were several bumps and bruises still in the house that we pointed out during our initial walk-through. Chad one of the other construction managers was frantically trying to touch up all these issues as we were walking through the house two hours before closing. Because of that, we were not given the proper explanation of our new home and all the steps we needed to take to settle in. Overall the home is far from perfect, which we understand as we are imperfect beings living in an imperfect world. However, for a home that cost 3/4 of $1 million we were hoping for a better experience. Lennar Homes is building faster than they can keep up and may have bit off more than they can chew.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I don't know where to start, the entire experience dealing with Lennar was bad, from The realtor in the office named Ben, who is refusing to honor the listing price that he gave me few days before, or maybe his attitude of take it or leave it, that is just the beginning. After that is the contract that is written by the company lawyers which is full of disclaimers for the fraudulent acts. For example if you purchased a model home with a certain room 22' X 22', don't be surprised to receive a home with 19' X 19', all this is covered under "the changes does not substantially reduce the price of the home" of course the only reason for this disclaimer is to save money on material.

Another example of contract nonsense is Lennar expect you to close when the home is ready within 2 weeks, however the contracts give Lennar the luxury to finish the home in 2 years, even though they promise you in the office 6-8 months. As an advice to new customers please read the contract well and pay attention to certain disclaimers that would reduce the value of the home you are buying, or the extended time that would take to complete your home. Just for the record I didn't sign the contract with Lennar and canceled the deal. Worst builder I ever dealt with.

Original review: March 27, 2018

If an attorney is reading this please take this case! Homes are going up fast with NO quality control available! All because you walk around "blue taping" everything in the home Lennar seems to think they are OFF the HOOK from repairing items! Bought our home in May and everyday till today we are having issues with kitchen cabinets falling apart. Grating issues in the backyards... Grass dying no matter how much water you give it! House is 10 months old and tiles and also exterior walls are cracking! According to Lennar these are "settling cracks." WOW... This fast?

Also the exterior paint is chipping off the house already! When you contact Lennar they are bothered by you calling them! We have been through 5 Knowologist now. It's a shame what we are going through! Lennar Homes is PATCHING their work instead of building as NEW!! DO NOT... WHEN I SAY DO NOT... PURCHASE A LENNAR HOME!! We have been sick to our stomachs ever since we purchased a Lennar home. Mind you... This is our 4th home purchase. This home being the first "NEW BUILD" and we are very unhappy! Stay with an old home and fix it up! With Lennar you are going to replace everything within months of moving in and Lennar will simply treat you as another pain in the ** homeowner!!

Original review: March 24, 2018

Everything is included... Including sketchy engineering reports and things that break down or show their flaws just as the warranty expires. Any early signs of a problem and they’ll repeatedly assure you that’s normal settling to delay until they can claim it’s not covered anymore. They lied to me about two lots. Caught them on the first lie and should have run then. Unfortunately it was a pattern and not an isolated event.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I’m a first time home buyer and the process wth Lennar was not good at all. They did a bunch of different things that were very shady from the pricing of our house to things we were supposed to have. No one answers the phones or returns my calls and no one is working to provide good customer service. I closed about a month ago on February 26, 2018. Since I closed things I need to get done have not and I just keep getting told they will get to it eventually. Also I have expressed my dissatisfaction and am constantly given excuses instead of solutions. I cannot wait to take my next survey. I feel that once I closed they decided that as builders they have no obligation to me as a customer.

Original review: March 19, 2018

While it's true they do build bigger houses for a cheaper price we have noticed the walls are very thin. Our son's room is next to ours and we can hear every word he says. The biggest issue with Lennar is the Customer Care. In order to get a response you have to send multiple emails or submit multiple requests through the myLennar account and you still will not get an immediate response. I will definitely not recommend this builder to anyone, not even my worst enemy.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Lennar is "everything included" where everything stands for lies, false promises, delayed communication. Our closing date was pushed with less than a month's notice. We were informed one week before the closing (mid-November) that landscaping for which they have already taken money would be done in the following Spring (Apr), because apparently grass dies in winter. On following up in March, we were told the date is pushed to end of Summer. They are clearly providing landscaping to newer houses, and hence it's proved that they are lying to us. Lennar's landscaping is a joke - it includes a small grass patch, a couple of bushes and a whole lot of sharp rocks which can easily injure kids and pets.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I just moved into my home 3 months ago and having major issues. Recently discovered there was no plumbing drain pipe installed at all in the guest bathroom! I am seeing cracking in all the bathrooms and the drywall bulging for some reason. I installed new wood floors upstairs and when they took the carpet up, we discover all the wood had water damage. When they replaced parts of the subflooring, we discovered water damage throughout all the wood. There was a hurricane that went through South FL couple months prior to purchasing my home and apparently Lennar did not cover the wood properly and FAILED to disclose the water damage when they sold the house.

When the contractor came to my home to look at the problems he brought 6 other guys with me. I felt that was unnecessary and his way of intimidating me. He had a bad attitude and treated me as if I knew nothing about houses. They did a horrible job at fixing the floors! I recently noticed bulges in my ceiling in the kitchen and believe the water damaged floor upstairs is dropping. Lenora took a look at the ceiling and said it was the wood expanding and there was nothing they could do. What?! I just moved in, the house is falling apart and he said this? Lennar representative had excuses about everything and that nothing was their fault.

The Lennar rep came to my home today and told me I would be required to file a claim with my home insurance about the water damage and I told him Lennar was required to disclose the water damage when selling the house and that Lennar was responsible. He then said "the lawyers would never let that happen" and that the lawyers could cause me problems. I took that as a threat and I knew at that point it was time to get serious. I just contacted the city inspectors office and filed a complaint because I believe the house was never inspected properly. I am also considering creating a lot of social media postings and videos letting everyone know what is happening to me.

Original review: March 8, 2018

We were very satisfied with the sales team and love their model homes first, but so disappointed and angry about their service and customer service after we moved in our new house. Don't trust what you see in the model home because your home will be different even you choose the same floor plan. Don't mention things like, missing caulking at wall base, handlebar is way out of plumb, broken tiles, panel on top of cabinet is loose, cabinet can't closed completely, deadbolt cannot be fully latched, the worst thing was the wash machine! The wash machine was leaking water. We called Lennar customer service, instead of replacing it, they called a GE technician over to fix it. Their explanation for NOT replacing one was we were already move-in and all appliances were ours, even appliances were broken! So, homeowner be careful. Make sure you try out all appliances before you move in. Once you move in, problem comes, you will stuck with it.

Resolution response: March 20, 2018

The company made its best efforts to rectify my complaint.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Do not buy at home with anyone that is affiliated with Lennar. They are horrible to work with. They do not care about their customer at all. They actually don’t even treat you like you are a customer once you buy one of their houses and they treat you more like you’re a nuisance. They take over small builders and think they can walk all over the homeowner. They don’t honor the warranties that were set in place and they think they are so big that they are untouchable. If you buy one of their homes you will definitely regret it. They have the worst customer service I have ever had with a homebuilder in my entire life and this is my fourth home that I bought and unfortunately the one prior to this was a subsidiary with Lennar or recently merged with them robot out by them such as CalAtlantic.

My last house I had so many problems. They flew out to try & buy me out of my house instead of just fixing the problems. Every single window in my entire house leaked. The master bath leaked the first night I was there and came through my ceiling and caused drywall damage. They never fixed the problem and they fought me for everything that was defective or done incorrectly. Do yourself a favor and do not and I mean do not buy one of their homes. Also do not buy a home with anyone that is now affiliated with them such as CalAtlantic. You will be very disappointed.

Not sure about Lennar Homes?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Home Builders and Developers for you.

Lennar Homes Company Information

www.lennar.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business