Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
1.25/5

lennar.com

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

271 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 3, 2019

Great purchase for a starter home. I purchased a home in Pearland TX in a new community. ALl included and upgrades to my choice. Beautiful home. I had to move to AZ so I sold it after 2 years (1999-2001). I am now living in a DR Horton home. Quality is cheap, you wipe the finger marks off the wall and the paint comes off, No joke. Carpet became flat after 2 years. I cannot wait until I see and get another home.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have read several reviews on the site regarding Lennar Homes. The overwhelming majority were negative so I wanted to document my journey so far. My experience hasn’t been perfect but it also has been far from a nightmare. I may have a slight advantage as I am a licensed Realtor although I do not work in the field full time. My initial interaction with Lennar was very pleasant and not as pushy or dismissing as some new home consultants can be. I typically wear sweats and comfortable shoes such as Crocs when I went out to view homes for myself and I think some new home consultants at other communities used that to gauge whether I could afford one of their homes or not.

However that was not the case at Lennar in Charles county even though it was at the Lennar location in Gambrills MD that I was sent to because they were the only site with a specific model I wanted to see. After viewing a few models I found one that I really liked but price conscious side of me was a bit Leery. I took some time to think it over and eventually decided to move forward after conducting some research. I went to the office on a Sunday to get more information and ended up signing my documents that day. Obviously the banks were closed and I had some training to attend for work for about a week so Lennar allowed me to place a deposit equivalent to what I could withdraw from the ATM and send the rest once my training was complete.

I chose my options that day and even called a relative over that I know was on the market as well Katrina stayed to answer all of their questions well past the time the office closes. Lennar made it very clear from the beginning that there was something that they wanted me to work on financially and before closing and I began work on that straight away. For me none of it was an issue because it was all things that I already had plans to pay down. I signed the paperwork with their office in April and was provided a construction completion date of Oct 31. After reading some of the reviews here I think it is important to stress that the construction completion date and the date you close will not be the same date.

Lennar scheduled a meeting with me and the construction manager updated the construction completion date to early Nov. and we were on our way. The loan/credit folks provided me with an action plan and I provided updates regularly. Sometimes they would best me to check on my status. I completed all of the requested action ahead of schedule so we made a few tweaks. The only person that was as responsive via email as I would have liked would be the loan officer but he answered his phone every time I called. Everyone else responded within a matter of minutes when I asked any questions or wanted to schedule some time to actually walk the home while under construction. I have not closed yet but everything is scheduled including my home inspection.

My advice to everyone is to get a home inspection. The new home consultant may act as if it’s not needed because the home is new but that’s not what the inspector is looking for. You want to get the inspection because the reality is a lot of the work is performed by contractors and people make mistakes. That is true for new and older homes, we just hope the mistakes are not something that dramatically impacts your ability to enjoy the home which is why you need an home inspector to flush out as much as possible.

I currently rent approximately 5 mins from the home I’m having built so I’m able to go by frequently and check on the progress and there are several people that work on the homes being built and I’m certain Minimal supervision is provided as they have several homes under construction at the same time. My only complaint would be if you sit back and wait for them to tell you what's going on you might feel as if they don’t pass information along well. I found out the dates for my walkthrough and closing from the new home consultant almost a month before I received the official email from the settlement coordinator.

The credit specialist told me that everything was good to go with my loan before I heard from the loan officer. So my point is that if you are buying with Lennar do not hesitate to ask question to anyone you can get in touch with and get a home inspection completed by a third party (that $400 could save you a lot of stress down the road). Remember that you are spending thousands of dollars and whoever holds the purse holds the control.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

So... I'm not really sure what all of the bad reviews are. But I would like you to know my experience. My husband and I bought a house at Lennar at Lake Ridge in Manchester NJ. My sales rep Karen is and was and is amazing. From day 1 of dealing with Lennar has been wonderful. Karen is the nicest, kindest hard working sales rep ever!!! I had a very small issue at my home last week. It has been 6 months since we closed. Anyway, I called her since she gave me her cell in the very beginning. Within an hour she got back to me even though she was on a surprise birthday trip in Paris. Then I called warranty which answered immediately and had a guy out here that same afternoon. And in 5 minutes found the problem and told me it will be taken care of.

From day 1 of walking into the sales office, buying our home... which is absolutely perfect walk thru closing and any little problem I might have had has been addressed and taken care of immediately. And I will admit I am a bit intense. And not 1 time have I had a single issue dealing with anyone at Lennar. They have been pleasant, kind, patient, accommodating. I do not have 1 bad thing to say. So all I will add if you live in NJ. Buy LENNAR!!! AWESOME HOME AND PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just closed on a Lennar Home in LaMorada in Naples, FL. Before signing papers I read some of the very negative reviews and was most reluctant to build, but after speaking with several representatives of the Company and homeowners, I decided to proceed. I built the home while still living in New York, and only visited the site a handful of times during the building process. I could not be happier with the final product. Customer service representatives, Catherine **, was always very responsive to any questions or concerns. Upon moving in there were just a few cosmetic adjustments that needed to be made.

It is not like the custom made homes I have built in the past where adjustments can be made and rooms made larger, but the ease with which the home is constructed, with fewer decisions made the process so much easier. The builder in Charge, Dan, was highly responsive to the few requests I had upon moving in and the work was completed quickly and efficiently. It has been a very positive experience from start to finish, (except for working with their lending department which refused lending to me despite the 850 credit rating). I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was shocked when we first saw these bad reviews a year ago. We went ahead and signed. We had an agent who used to build new homes so knows what to look for. During our walkthroughs he kept saying how "clean" all the seams were, the details were looked after. The inspector caught a few outlets not working, but nothing major. Our neighbor had an issue with the siding guy nailing through his gas line, but accidents happen, and Lennar sent everyone out right away.

There were a couple times we reached out as we saw progress was being made but didn't hear anything (you can do your due diligence too you know), but from the sales rep, to construction manager, to final walkthrough guy we were happy with their customer service and still stop by to talk and ask how the house is going. Overall, if you are looking to build with Lennar, take these reviews with a grain of salt. Remember that there are THOUSANDS of people who are happily moved in and are busy painting, moving furniture, getting their kids enrolled in schools and do not have time to complain on websites.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: June 14, 2019

This company doesn’t honor warranty information. Robert ** is totally rude and they can’t keep employees there long enough to help. They lose documents as in warranty requests, don’t get back to the paying customer in a timely basis. The only reason I’m glad we bought in because we are in a good neighborhood. I’ve talk to so many people about our issues and Lennar isn’t a good name. I have to find my documents and go through the Florida Building Association to make them honor their warranty. They are too big of a company to take down but trust me; with my sign on our personal vehicles, that will get people to look twice.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My name is Aubrey. I am a veteran who served my country faithfully. After being honorably discharged, I decided to purchase a home using my VA loan for the first time. So, if you're buying a Lennar home, I'm writing my experience. I was always told that the underwriting process would be the most difficult step. But it was the process at Lennar. The sales rep (Ernest) made a lot of promises. $41k worth of incentives including level 2 tiles, Glass french doors, Refrigerator with a bottom drawer, etc.. etc. Then we signed the contract and gave our down payment.

The first problem was when we went to design studios, they made us aware that those promises were not accurate. We could not have those things because it was far beyond the incentive value. 90 percent of the promises from the door was voided. We debated with the sales rep, design studios, and the management, and decided that we just wanted to go forward with the process. They just was not honoring their promise due to the miscalculation of the sales rep. Shortly after, they decided, that they would give us a garage door opener with the refrigerator that we wanted.

When that time came around, the sales manager (Jen) decided that the sales rep miscalculated on that as well, and told me she could not honor that promise. I then informed her we already signed a contract and that she had no choice but to honor it. She then told me that if I didn't sign a new contract that she would void the contract and refund my money for failure to comply. After several letters written by both my realtor and myself, along with phone calls, they decided that they would honor the then active contract. Such a headache. Why threaten a veteran and make the process difficult. There are veterans with mental sickness that can be deeply affected by Lennar tactics.

Current problem: Close to July 1st, and the house is 95% done. I'm beyond excited. I get an email form the closing coordinator informing me that I will now be closing the end of August. I called her and asked if this was a mistake. She told me no, it's accurate. I explained to her that I was told I was closing July 1st, and my lease on my apt is up July 31st. I have nowhere to stay until the end of August. She said that she was sorry and there is nothing she can do. I asked why was I told July 1st. She said the sales dept are not authorized to give the buyers a closing date. I asked her how do you expect to sell homes you are building to anyone if you don't give them a closing date. What are they suppose to say? "Hey, we are building your home, but we don't know when it will be built". That's ridiculous. She seemed cold and passive.

So in conclusion, I'm a Veteran using my VA loan, first time home buyer. Made several promises, promises not honored. 4 months house being built, but given a headache the whole way, threats, and finally home being pushed another 6 months to make it a total of 6 months for me to finally close. The worst experience in my life. I will be contacting BBB, Department of Veterans Affair, Executive, and Management of Lennar. There has got to be some protection for home buyers.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I purchased my home in February 2017 with THEN CalAtlantic. My home was a “to build” home allowing me to personalize my home. I paid for many upgrades, one being “soundproofing” insulation along my master bedroom and bath. After closing, I realized and noticed that my insulation wasn’t there. I informed CalAtlantic numerous times regarding that and other issues that were “supposed” to be completed as per my contract. This dragged on for a little over a year when NOW LENNAR (whom acquired CalAtlantic) admitted and realized that they did indeed forget to install the insulation during the build. Their first attempt was inserting foam insulation, which turned into a COMPLETE disaster! The foam buckled the walls ruined my kitchen cabinets!!

They then came back and removed the cabinets (in the process ruining my cabinets even further and breaking the latch on my oven), took apart the dry wall and then installed new drywall. My walls are STILL messed up, my kitchen cabinets are STILL DAMAGED and some parts are actually missing and this has been a year now. I’ve hired a lawyer, written emails, made numerous emails, and have gone to the office in Tampa numerous times as well. All to get NOWHERE!!! Lennar has been avoiding my calls, emails and my issues that they’re contractually responsible for. They aren’t an honest and/or trustworthy business and don’t fulfill their end of the contract!!! DO NOT purchase a home from them! They hire subpar contractors who drink alcohol while on site, they do shorty work and give you a subpar product and take your money and leave! I’m still waiting on yet ANOTHER call back and have YET to receive it!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I am Lennar homeowner. My advise, do not buy a home from Lennar. As a company it is total crap. Just stay away from them. They make a trashy home and promise lie until they sell their crap and then impossible to reach to them to clean their bs.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Poor attention to detail as the window sills are all chipping away from poor prep work with paint, toilets were not installed properly and wobbled every time we sat on it, glass shower randomly shatters in the middle of the night on it's own, bathroom vanity just fell off the wall today which, come to find out that they used double sided tape to stick onto the drywall!!? I am furious. Don't they know that cutting these corners can get someone killed?! The shattering glass just barely missed my wife by less than a foot. This is a huge safety concern and you cannot cut corners with installations of glass and mirrors. I'm extremely disappointed in Lennar and suggest you stay far far away. Just ridiculous and unacceptable workmanship.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Hello. What a horrible experience has been to purchase my home from Aquabella Lennar. At the beginning was promised the best service, a one step to my first home. However we are completely unsatisfied and discouraged. Three weeks to closing had to choose an outside lender and the sales representative has made mistakes and actually wanted to charge me. If you decide to purchase, go with your own rep and do not trust Eagle home Mortgage specially their onsite officers. All you hear is horror stories and unfortunately I had to witness myself as well.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Lennar is my builder next door. They caused damage to my air conditioning unit by dropping cement on it and on its fins. When I noticed it and complained they sent a power washer and caused further damage to bend the fins completely. I tried to make a complain online and a very nasty person claiming to be a director of construction DFW region called me and said, "Do what you have to do, we don't take any responsibility of any damages." Also they flooded my car by stopping the storm drain and caused damage to my car - I talked to my insurance and same thing, they asked me to contact Lennar.

HOA won't do anything, city won't take any responsibility and Lennar also won't. So it's me who has to pay for all the damages caused to my property. I end up paying over $1200 so far for all those damages caused by Lennar to me and it's very unfortunate that how they just deny all claims. Their company is based on greed and wicked people who has no respect for others.

Original review: May 30, 2019

For several months I have been in contact with the local Lennar representative (via text only) and they have failed at seeing that my warranty projects are being executed correctly and in a timely manner. I continue to have to follow-up with failed scheduled appointments either because the contractor doesn't show or when they do come they have been misinformed of the type of work that needs fixed. I have been in my home for approximately 1 year and it was only 3 months old when I purchased it. I have had significant cracks in the stucco, floor tile, improper weather strip filling, roof damage, etc.

The Lennar Representative seems to only respond when I repeatedly ask for assistance. They have failed to provide me with any receipts from the any of the contract work that has been completed and continuously insist that I confirm completion of work when the work has not been done correctly. So because of my frustration I have taken to the consumer complaints websites hoping this will get some attention. I just want my home repairs completed expeditiously and done correctly. I am dissatisfied with how this is being handled thus far!

Original review: May 29, 2019

==== BEWARE!!!! ==== I would give zero or negative stars if I could! We purchased a new home with Lennar in Champions Gate, FL in March 2018. In early May 2019 our roof is leaking, just 6 weeks out of warranty. We contacted Lennar and were told basically that we are on our own. The roofing company said if we had purchased the roof from them, they would warranty their product for five (5) years... with Lennar, only one (1). Lennar must use sub-standard products and/or inexperienced installers to not stand behind maybe one of the most critical components of a home... the roof! To date we are slowly traveling up the management hierarchy, but in the end I'm sure I know how this will end. if you are reviewing Lennar, I suggest looking for a more customer-focused builder who stands behind their product.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We have been looking at homes in Lakewood Ranch and decided to check out the old "WCI" which is now Lennar. Wow, talk about night and day from what type of product WCI used to produce compared to the cookie cutter bare minimum builder grade Lennar is. We were shocked the approval board even lets Lennar build these type of low quality homes in Lakewood Ranch/Country Club East. The road of their homes all look the same and wow do they look outdated and cheap. Paint color and roof colors were so old and out dates, their light fixtures are so cheap... could they not spend $150 more and put up a decent lighting package? Landscaping and exterior were so boring and underwhelming. Every other building in Country Club East builds a quality home, Lennar produces bare minimum and it clearly shows inside and outside.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Lennar Home Builders totally nonprofessional, disrespectful, noncaring and dishonest. Our truss came through the ceiling and we haven't been able to sleep in our master bedroom for 5 weeks due to safety issues. The truss was cut too short and we noticed the 3 2x4's are shattered. The construction of the truss are unsafe and we cannot go into our master bedroom in fear that the roof will cave in. We constantly hear cracks that make noise. I noticed we had to give a star honestly they don't deserve a star.

Other issues are the microwave blower doesn't work, the driveway has cracks and holes in the concrete, the grading of the backyard isn't level causing enormous amounts of water to flow towards the Lanai and our patio doors. The house wasn't painted properly, there are blemishes and places where this new house should have been painted the same. The cabinets have been stained and blemished from the condensation because the microwave blower isn't working. Floor tiles are cracked and haven't been replaced. The front door was to be replaced last July which hasn't been done.

Original review: May 27, 2019

The best advice I can give you is run.. DO NOT Make the same mistake as me and buy a Lennar home. I have had issue after issue and was told that they would work with my schedule prior to purchasing my home. LIE!!!! They will not work with your schedule. it is as if they are GOD and everything happens within their time and terms.

Original review: May 27, 2019

Bought a Lennar home in 2012. 8 months later 13 tiles needed replacement because of a foundation crack. They placed a filler and membrane on it, new tiles. 4 years later, the same tiles have separated, and there is a 28 foot line of cracked tiles straight down the center of house, from front door to kitchen entry. It has since started cracked tiles in both 1st Floor bathrooms, all in line with water pipes. Master bedroom wall and back side of garage wall have separated at the corner, garage is 3 inches lower on one side than other, sheetrock cracks in walls, visible foundation cracks on exterior of house, exterior wall is leaning outward and privacy fence is now wedged into siding and cracked.

All reported to warranty. Engineer has come out once last year & warranty has concluded it is cosmetic, and will not repair anything. I waited a year, opened another claim, same engineer came out and now waiting on warranty company to decide what they will cover or not cover. Several homeowners in this community all have foundation complaints and issues. Subpar contact work, poor customer service & they offered remediation at $1000 an hour. Claim in 2018, nothing done. Claim in 2019- still waiting. 10 year warranty ends in 3 years. DO NOT BUY A LENNAR HOMES. You will regret it.

Original review: May 19, 2019

We have been in our Lennar home for just under 10 years. We purchased new, picked our lot and had our 2 story home built. In the last 6 months the beam over our garage door has bowed creating a massive and growing break in the 14 feet of brick above the garage door. The bowed beam is also pulling the side boards from the brick along the vertical sides of the garage door. I contacted Lennar and a representative came out and in 5 minutes he assessed the problem was cosmetic and thus a homeowner maintenance issue. We agreed to disagree and Lennar sent out their forensic engineer. He advised the tolerance is 5/16 inch bow and mine was 4/16 inch and thus my issue not Lennar.

I then hired an engineer and he advised the bow is greater than 5/16 inch and is growing and that there is an immediate construction issue becoming worse. Lennar’s stance is they had an engineer look at the issue and it is not their issue. I am now in the process of legal counsel. I will never purchase a Lennar product again. Extremely disappointed in Lennar’s lack of standing behind their product and warranty. The simple and right thing for them to do would have been to do the right thing and fix the construction mistake, honor their warranty and keep the customer. Instead... Big mess, big problem and a noisy unhappy customer being forced to utilize the lawsuit process. Don’t buy Lennar!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I bought the home through CalAtlantic in May of 2018, I wanted to withdraw the contract in construction phase itself when CalAtlantic changed to Lennar. But People promised me here will not be any changes in construction standards but I have repairs that are been going on from past year in my new home. The cabinet frame in the kitchen has been cut in wrong measurements which left gap between cabinet frame and dishwasher. This space pushed out the cabinet out of the drywall in which you guys put a extra piece of drywall. For that you guys said Dishwasher manufacturer should provide the trims. When asked for that you guys answered as Manufacturing company is no longer providing those trims....This is a big lie. There are no trims. Then you guys said you would replace the cabinet frame and postponed till my warranty is coming to an end and Now you guys are telling you can't do anything.

Please abide yourself to some ethics when we are spending our hard earned money on buying homes. It's just a matter of cabinet frame for you. I made a mistake on not withdrawing my contract and also closing my home without these corrected. The only option that you guys left me with is filing a complaint against you as i have all the conversations regarding this Kitchen cabinet frame. I would never recommend anyone even in my dream to go for Lennar Homes.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We were going to purchase a new home in Carson City. First thing that happened, we wanted to put our deposit of $5k down on a Friday and were told the lot wasn’t being released until the following morning at 10 am. We were there at 10am with check in hand and were told the price of the house was now $5k more. We were given the whole sales pitch that we could lose this house so we gave them the money and drove 6 hours back home only to be contacted by Lennar saying they had us make the check to the wrong payees and we needed to wire the funds immediately. Which we did! Our mistake.

Several times we were asked to sign forms that didn’t seem right but were told it was fine and to just sign. We did until the last time we refused and this really pissed them off. We were threatened by Lennar sales that their attorney would contact us. The Reno division president finally called us and agreed to let us out of our agreement but they were keeping our $5k! What a shady and ruthless company. We left Carson City because of Lennar!

Original review: May 12, 2019

We fell in love with a particular half-way finished house in Henderson and needed to switch to our private lender after a few weeks, but Lennar honored all incentives and were amazingly accommodating!

Original review: May 8, 2019

Buyer Beware: Unethical salesperson- Tami ** who exploits new homebuyers by acting in the interest of herself, in efforts of making a sale! On 4/18/19, I went to visit the Lennar new build property in Arlington, TX. Southwind Meadows. I worked with sales agent, Tami ** who gave myself and my grandmother a tour of the model home, which we loved. Upon completion of the tour, I completed an application and was pre-approved shortly thereafter. I was told by Tami that my earnest money to hold a property would be $2,500 and that would go towards my closing costs. I provided her with a check for that amount.

I then talked with Tami in regards to the documents. Tami provided me with the Purchase agreement via a tablet! She stated that she was unable to print any documents, due to the printer being out of ink. As I was reading through the contract, Tami began to rush me, stating several times that she had a long day and was hungry. She said that she had not eaten all day and was ready to go home. The contract was over 70+ pages, mind you. As I'm continuing to review and sign the contract. Tami continues to rush me in a passive aggressive manner. I was then told by Tami that she will email me all of my documents, and if I had any questions to call her and she would go over them later.

She never went over the contract while I was in her office. She never provided me any hard copies of any documentation. She never discussed the fact that I did not have a grace period to cancel- for any reason. She never mentioned that my earnest money was NON-REFUNDABLE! Less than 48 hours later 4/20/19, I contacted Tami and discussed that I wanted to cancel my contract due to unforeseen circumstances. Tami told me that if I did so, I would not get back my earnest money. She then went on to suggest that I transfer my contract to a new property in Forney, TX. Which is well beyond my travel area for work. I advised her that, that would not be feasible.

Tami then went on to tell me that she'd have to get with her Boss regarding the cancellation and possible refund of my earnest money. On 4/25/19, I returned to the sales office to speak with Tami regarding any updates on my contract. She informed me that her boss was out of town and she'd let me know something by Monday, 4/29/19. I hadn't heard from Tami. So, I attempted to call her on 4/30/19 and received a text from her stating that she was in a meeting and would call when she was free. Fast forward to Saturday, 5/4/19. I contacted Tami to follow-up on any word from her boss. I was then informed by Tami that her boss told her that she could not cancel my contract until she sold another house?! Confused. I called Tami again to get an understanding of how I could know if and when she made a sale on a house?

At that time, Tami informed me that she did just made a sale and would be emailing me my cancellation documents. On 5/4/19 @ 18:42, I received a text from Tami stating that she should have an answer from her boss on Sunday, 5/5/19 and would get the cancellation documents out to me. Sunday: 5/5/19- I did not hear from Tami. Nor did I receive a cancellation document. Monday, 5/6/19, I contacted Tami to inquire about my cancellation document and updates concerning the refund of my earnest money. Tami responded that her boss would be back on Tuesday, 5/7/19, she was the only one that could make that decision and to give her until Tuesday. I then confirmed with Tami that she stated that her off days were Tues/Wed. So, once again I confirmed if she was sure that I'd hear something on her off day. She confirmed yes.

Tuesday, 5/7/19 @ 11:41 am- I sent a text to inquire about any updates. No response. I then called and left a message for Tami on her cell. I finally received a return call @ 14:59 but I was away from my phone and missed the call. I listened to the voicemail that Tami left and she basically informed me that she had talked to her boss and was unable to get a refund of my earnest money and she told me that she would email my cancellation letter. I finally received the cancellation letter and it was not via DocuSign, as promised. Tami sent an unofficial email without any signatures and I was being referred to as just "Ms. **". She never included my full name in my legal document to cancel. Ms.** could be anybody. I tried to call Tami back and discovered that she was now blocking my calls. This entire experience as a first-time homebuyer was very disappointing and unfortunate. A costly lesson learned.

Original review: May 1, 2019

So I bought a Lennar home in Tanyard Cove in October 2018. I've been having floor issues ever since. THEIR contractors told me it was a structural issue but Lennar refuses to permanently fix the issue. Lennar came to my house twice and gave me temporary fixes. My floor is still not leveled in some areas. They want me to believe it is in "code." Moreover, I feel like the customer care representative tried to play with my intelligence. "Wood moves." Well duh. It will expand and contract. But wood moving shouldn't make my floor dip. That's poor contraction on Lennar. I spoke to my neighbors that are having the same issue as me. Lennar has offered them permanent solutions such as putting in a fourth bedroom below the area that is unsupported or self leveling the floors and adding in a beam. This wasn't offered to me at all!!! I like my home. I will love it once Lennar fix my floors.

Original review: May 1, 2019

We have had such a negative experience with Lennar Homes representative Linda and their Lender Katrina with Eagle mortgage. We literally had to file a complaint with the corporate office in order for them to start to do their jobs correctly. We are still being given attitude. They are completely unprofessional. Katrina with Eagle mortgage was rude and didn't give us any options. I literally had to call her boss Bekah to get the loan process moving. The homes itself are beautiful, but the the staff is terrible. They will rush you, give you very little options, and give you attitude.

We have 3 other friends (2 who bought with Lennar and the other who chose not to), who also told us that they had a negative experience with their customer service representatives. We were told from the beginning that we would have to go through their lender first and then if we find something better then they would match it. But we little had to fight through the whole process. They need better staffing, people who care, and people who are professional with the jobs.

Original review: April 29, 2019

The short of it is. RUN don't walk away from these people. The construction is so poor. The cheapest materials, poorest workmanship and the finishes are a joke. We walked through (6) six house in various stages and I don't know how they get away with it. It actually scares me that there are communities out there filled with these homes that will all be falling apart and nothing but lawsuits of the poor people who have these homes even have the knowledge or resources to go after them. I'm worried that the people they target just don't know better. They are real victims. If you don't know anything about basic structure, sheetrock, studs, wiring, finishes, taping, framing, TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. DO NOT BUY A HOME FROM THESE PEOPLE. EAT GLASS THEN POUR ACID IN YOUR EYES. IT will be a better experience.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I purchased a home from Lennar in Oct. 2017. I've had two plumbing issues and now the roof is leaking. I haven't lived in this house 2 years yet and already I have major issues. I wrote Lennar and explained the issues to them only to be completely ignored. My water heater is leaking at the connection to the water lines and the water lines were installed incorrectly. The shut off valve was installed on the hot water side instead of the cold water side. Also, the heater's hot water and cold water connections are inverted. As you can see in the pictures, the heater's blue tab (Cold side) is connected to the outgoing hot water and the heater's red tab (hot side) is connected to the incoming cold water side. The roof is only a year and a half old and it already has a leak.

Original review: April 19, 2019

We had been looking for a home in the D'Andrea neighborhood of Sparks, NV built by Lennar Homes. These people have double-dealing underhandedness down to a science. After spending several weeks looking at their more expensive homesites on the top of the hill, my wife and I decided to purchase a smaller home at a lower elevation for $448,000 plus a premium for a view lot. The normal agent we had been working with, Tricia ** was not working on the Wednesday we decided to purchase the smaller home and Anne ** offered to get pricing for us. She called the corporate office and got pricing for $530,000 and went to work getting the lot released that day so we could sign the paperwork as she knew we were leaving out of town.

We decided we could live with the $82,000 lot premium. When Anne found out that we wouldn't be leaving town until the following Monday, she suggested we come in on Friday to have Tricia write the contract. Well today is Friday and as we were heading into Lennar's office, Tricia called us to let us know the builder had increased the price to $579,000. In two days the cost of the home jumped 49,000!! Talk about a flimflam business!

I explained to Tricia that we would not be interested in the home unless they honored the original price from Wednesday. An hour later Tricia called us back to let us know that she had to charge at least another $19,500 for the optional deck that was being added to the home. This is the same optional deck that was on the home two days ago when the home was originally priced. Tricia said she was fighting on our behalf. The $20,000 increase was the best she could negotiate on our behalf. Here is what is most insidious, Lennar did the same thing to our friends who wanted to move into the same neighborhood.

They offered a price and then increased the price by $10,000 when our friends went in to sign the paperwork. We were looking at much more expensive home on the top of the hill so they thought they could get away with charging an extra $20,000 to $40,000 because we could afford it. It's astounds me that a company with pervasive, deceitful, pricing practices is still in business. If this company isn't a target for a class-action lawsuit for chicanery, I don't know who is. An extremely disappointing purchasing experience. I can only imagine the horrors we would have gone through had we gone on to buy the home as others have experienced. If it were possible to give zero stars I would.

Original review: April 19, 2019

After purchasing a Lennar/WCI inventory home in August 2018 our nightmares and our terribly quality of life began. I am writing this in April 2019 and we still have contractors trying to fix some of the worse problems we have ever seen in a new built home. We built three homes prior to this and never could we imagine such a disaster. They hire the most incompetent contractors and use the cheapest materials. With this being said we have had approximately 31 warranty claims. Lennar has a terribly home warranty so many of the problems are not covered.

For the items and issues that are covered they keep sending out contractors that cannot fix the issue or they make the issue worse. This being said we are still waiting for cabinet doors since October 2018. Our kitchen island was damaged from the manufacturer (per the manufacturer) and we were told should of never been installed. So now we have a island that is so damaged that we covere it up with plants, flower arrangemetns and etc. Over half of the switch plate covers are crooked due to the boxes not being cut square. Chipped and broken tiles were used throughout the home and patched with grout and or caulk. The worse is our 4 sliding glass doors that are scratched both inside/Outside and between the glass.

Since we never had a walkthrough before purchasing the home we were told that the scratches would of had to be found at that time. So they are not covering our glass. Some of the glass is so scratched that it's hard to see through it. The large doors that are throughout the house are made of mdf (not wood). The home is less than one year old and the paint is chipping off and some of the doors are warping. The outside is just as bad as the inside. The stucco had patch work done that looked as if the place was shot up by gunshots. The grading between the houses is so bad that when it rains (and it rains every day in Florida) we have washouts and rotting grass from bad drainage. Our grass constantly has black mold and soggy. This is in the front, rear and side of the houses.

We have told Lennar this many times and they blame it on the rain. It's the grading and the fact that homes are only 5 feet apart and there are no gutters. The rain pours off the roofs and has nowhere to go. We have standing water all the time and it houses mosquitoes. The things I have mentioned are only a third of the issues that have not been corrected. We have gone to an attorney and were told that Lennar has themself covered on every issue so that no one could ever win a lawsuit against them. Basically once you bought an Lennar/WCI home you have no leg to stand on and you will never have any of your issues fixed or fixed properly. We had to have our own contractors come in to correct some of the issues and spent over $5,000 out of our pocket.

As for the job sites. They are never cleaned up at the end of the day. Paper trash blows everywhere. And we have had 6 tires so far with nails in them. Two cars are sports car and the tires were very expensive. We gave them the bill for two of the tires and pictures from the garage showing the nails in the tires. We haven’t heard anything from anyone from Lennar about compensating us. And unfortunately this development has just started to be built. It will be another couple of years till it's finished.

We are woken at 6:30 six days a week with the noise and hear it till 7:30 - 8 in the evening. Workers play music so loud that we have to ask them to turn it down so we can hear our tv in the evening. Lennar tells us to not approach the workers. It's obvious that Lennar/WCI does not care at all about the residents that bought their homes. They care about building as fast as they can to make as much money as they can. They have no respect for the residents. Our quality of life is being ruined every day thanks to Lennar/WCI.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I live in Richmond, TX in the Creekside Ranch community. I moved into our Lennar home in October 2018 after waiting 7 months build process. Had to put up with dirty construction sites to the right and left of my house. Now that the other homes are completed and the grade of their yard is higher than mine, water run off from my neighbor's sprinkler system settles in my yard. This happens every time the sprinkler is used. Water remains in my yard for more than 48 hours. Lennar refuses to even elevate grade of the yard and even less to install a French drain to correct the issue. Their solution - tell my neighbor to cut back on cycles of their sprinkler system. Talking about making my problem their issue! The issue is poor grading of my yard.

Do not buy a Lennar Home. Buy an Ashton Woods home as my daughter did because of all the hassle I've had with Lennar. Ashton Woods has done what every home builder should do. Take good care of their existing customers. As noted here by another customer in Florida also dealing with poor water drainage, Lennar make promises they do not keep and totally abandon their customers. This is a poorly managed company that delivers a sub-par quality product. Again, please do not buy a Lennar Home!

Lennar Homes Company Information