1.45/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

lennar.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

215 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

On October 30, 2018 I purchase a new Lennar home in San Tan Valley. On November 16, 2018 I filed a service ticket with Lennar. I had listed all the repairs that I thought could and should be done right away. There are other things I did not add to this list. I had reported that the heat is not working, there is paint droppings all over the floor in every room as well as on the toilet seats and tanks (I have 3 bathrooms), the window blinds are not closing properly, the counter-tops in the bathroom having black scratched and needing to be re-polished, Master shower has scratches and the caulking around the shower needs to be redone and the landscapers need to fix the leak in the front.

I received a call from Chad that very day. While speaking to Chad he advised me that he hasn’t spoken to the Air Conditioning and Heating Company and would call them right away to set up an appointment. As soon as I hung up the phone with Chad; that very same company calls me. I asked how they knew I needed service and told me that Chad – the guy who just told me he DID NOT speak with them - gave them a call and gave them my number. When the heating guy came that night I asked why the heat wasn’t on/working. He advised me that when the house was built in the summer they do not/can’t test the heat.

Well, dear Chad told me he himself tested the heat before I purchased. If that is the case I would like to know why it worked for him and not me. I would also like to know why the actual technician who does not work for Lennar told me that they never connected the heating part because they do not do that until the house is complete. Apparently, no one called to connect the heating prior to that me purchasing. I am really confused on how Chad was able to test the heating when it wasn’t connected.

I never heard anything back from Chad. I had to call him on the 20TH of November and ask, "What is the time frame on taking care of everything else on the list?" Chad advised me that he would not be able to come to my house until November 27TH. The weekend before Chad came I cleaned the floor and put down some blue tape on the floor where some of the paint glue and grout was. That took me on my hands and knees 3 hours.

When Chad came we went through what needed to be done. I showed Chad the glue, paint, caulking and whatever else it is on the counter-tops in the bathrooms, I also indicated the bathtubs that had to be cleaned and polished. We went through some of the window blinds – Chad told me they work fine yet I still could not close one without it getting stuck. We agreed he will still send someone out.

While walking through the house I explained to Chad that I did not mark all of the areas or spots. I advised Chad that his trades will have to crawl on their hands and knees to capture all the droppings, glue and grout. Chad advised me that would not happen and the trades will only do where I indicated. I was also made aware that I CAN NOT clean my house so that the tape stays down. At that point Chad also mentioned that it will take him a week to schedule the trades. I asked why when he knew about this for almost 2 weeks. The answer was “I did not know what needed to be done”. OK so me saying that there are paint droppings, glue and grout on the floor means nothing to a construction manager.

I have to be honest and say that I was very mad and disappointed. I did let Chad know that. Now can you imagine that after all of that I still did not get a call from Chad about anything? I called him on the 29TH and kept on top of things because let’s face it he isn’t taking care of it. I was told by Chad that he would take care of everything and that I should not worry. We set up a date for all the trades to come and that I will have someone at home to show them what to do. I did tell Chad that the most important is the flooring being I can’t clean my house. He schedules the trades for December 3, 2018. This is over two weeks since I placed the service repair order. The landscapers came and said it was not a leak but I was watering too much; funny how I still have the same puddle in front of my house after they adjusted the watering time.

The painters came. Got some of the paint off in every room but did not get one room done. It would have been better if they got one room done and move on to the next. I received no call or text from Chad telling me that they are not finished. Chad never contacted me to schedule another time for the painters. I was assured by Chad that this will be taken care of that day. Which I was pissed that it wasn’t. First I was tired of being lied to; I was tired of leaving with blue tape all over my house. I had put more tape down after Chad had told me that the trades are not going to do anything that I have not indicated; so now my floor is literally filled with blue tape everywhere. I was also very mad and disappointed that now I will have to take time off work and deal with something I shouldn’t have to. This is a brand new house it should not have these problems.

When I got home and saw that almost nothing has been done I called Chad and wasn’t very nice with him on the phone. I left him a message basically telling him that I will be filing a complaint and that I do not want to deal with him anymore on this. Again I do not need to be lied to or manipulated by Chad. I was very angry and had just about enough.

December 4 in the morning I got a call from Chad again trying to smooth things over and make nice. I am not a bad person but I do despise when people lie to me. I decided to just let things play out and see what happens. Chad told me that he will again take care of it. I think saying “complaint” made a difference. I think the fact that I also said I do not want to deal with him anymore also got the message through. On the same day I got a call from Allan I believe is his name. He is the district manager I want to say. While speaking to this guy he basically tried to get me to understand that it was an employee dropping the ball. Really I do not see it that way. Does anyone else? I can see that was the case if I wasn’t contacting Chad so much once I realized he needs hand holding in this matter.

Chad knew of everything that needed to be done and fixed; there is no reason why the trades were not scheduled to come. His thing was, "Let’s move forward and fix it"; which is what I want. However, the lack of understanding and compassion when talking to this guy was evident and very lacking. I gave both men a date of December 7th or the 14TH to have every trade come and finish whatever they need to do. Of course they picked the 14TH which I could not wait until then to clean my house. I sent pictures of all the rooms with the blue tape everywhere to both Chad and Allen.

On the 14TH when Bill showed up at 7:45 AM we walked the house with NO TAPE and I showed him everything that needed to be done. As the trades came Bill took care of everything. I got my dog and went into my office with the door closed. As I came out to check the progress I was asked to check things. I had to repeat myself a few times on what is needed to be done. I had to walk around the house and check that everything was done. For instance I asked Bill if the doorknobs were all done (clean of paint). When I was told they were all done I was surprised to find paint on a knob while opening a door. I had to at that point inspect everything and noticed that they are not cleaning all the door knobs. It was like babysitting kids. How difficult is it to go around and clean paint off of all the doorknobs? Is there some magical way to say “all the door knobs need to be cleaned off of paint?”

There are still paint droppings on the floor. However, I must say for there not being any blue tape on the floor the trades did do a good job so far. And best part they did crawl on their hands and knees to find things. Chad was mistaken (no surprise there) about them not being able to do that. The thing that is still not done is the bathtubs and bathroom counter-tops. The Fiberglass guy did not show up until it was time for them to leave. The appointment was between 8AM and Noon. I had things I needed to get done that I scheduled after 12 O’clock not realizing they should have told me it will be a whole days appointment. I stayed at home until 2 PM. I just couldn’t deal with things not being done and being told they are.

When I asked Bill if the second bathroom is done and said yes, again that was not true. I pointed out all the things that need to be done still. The fiberglass guy was working on the master shower at that point. I do not understand why trades can’t take care of one thing at a time and move to the next. That way I will have two bathrooms done now vs none. Well, the 3RD bathroom is getting a new counter-top because there is too much “stuff” in/on it to fix.

To close this out I have to say that it has been very hard to deal with Chad and at this point Allen too. Once Bill left I had text Chad and Allen to advise them that a trade come after Bill left and what still needs to be done. One of the text was me telling Chad he should kiss Bills feet because if it wasn’t for Bill I would have filled that complaint and that Chad royally “F” up.

I get a call from Allen telling me not to speak to his guys like that. I should be happy with the progress and what is my problem. That he doesn’t understand why I said that. I should just let the past be the past and move forward. Well, Allen first I could have told you the same… Why are you calling me that was in the past… Allen you will have to be an understanding human being for you to understand why I said that. Honestly, you sound very bitter, unhappy and I am not to blame for that or should I have to experience this manhandling from you.

This is a BRAND NEW HOUSE. It should not have all of this repair work in it. That counter-top in the 3RD bathroom should have never been installed in the first place. Do not act like you are doing me some big favor by replacing it. What kind of construction manager you have working that allows such sloppy work? This is not on me and do not think for a second because I am a woman you can get away with talking to me like I am your **.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My husband and I referred a friend to the neighborhood. At the time Lennar had their Refer-a-Friend program up and running. The new homeowners receive 500 dollars off closing costs and the people that referred the new homeowners receive 500 dollars via mail. It has now been 18 months later and I still have not received anything. When I reached out to Dana **, whom is a manager within the company, she did not respond and refuses to answer my emails. Why would anyone want to live in a community that offers poor customer service? No one wants to live a community of liars and people that do not follow through. Such a shame because the houses are gorgeous.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We built our home in Clermont, Florida in Hunters Run in June 2014. In December 2014 we discovered a significant amount of water penetrating into our master closet. Here we are 4 years later and we still have water entering our home any time it rains. A puddle develops in the master closet and also in the master bedroom close to our bed. The musty smell is intolerable and very strong. Mold was discovered and the builder is still treating this as a though it were not very important. A professional stucco inspector discovered that the stucco was improperly installed and not compliant with state building code. The upstairs floor joists are not properly anchored to the block and also in violation of code.

Today during a brief storm a significant amount of water has accumulated. I feel that this house is falling apart and it is less than 5 years old. Since we first discovered water in the house we have raised 3 children and my wife is pregnant now. If we have had enough time to create 3 humans shouldn't there have been enough time for the builder to correct this issue? They could have completely demolished and rebuilt this house in that amount of time!! Do yourself a favor and find another builder. These homes look nice but I have plenty of neighbors experiencing serious issues related to construction defects.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews before I closed. I was promised on the final walk through the issues and there were many of them, would be done if I would just trust Lennar. I trusted and hardly any of the work was finished before I moved in. There should be a law that fines the builder for not performing the work promised. Imagine spending more than a quarter of a million dollars on a home and on the delivery day I received a call saying, "The keys are in the electric box on the side of the house... Have a happy day!!!" Terrible builders and terrible follow up. I wish I had read the reviews first. I had to choose between one and five stars but if I could I would have choose minus five stars! Terribly unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Don’t go to settlement until it’s right!!! The walkthrough was horrible. Put in a position where we had to close otherwise we were going to be homeless with 3 kids. The number of incomplete issues... the list is too long to post. So terribly disappointed. Apparently quality is now considered an upgrade. Call customer service for a plumber that will be out in 1 hour... never came. Main water valve leaks, sump pump trips. Time for the lawyers. I cannot believe a home was delivered in this condition!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We have had issues from the start. To be honest in many cases there should have been just a simple solution, but due to the drive to close on as many homes as possible leading into quarter end, we felt like we were pressured into closing. The close date was a bit agile but once it was locked in we waited for paperwork. We used Lennar's title company assuming that would make for an easier transaction. We emailed on the closing date - 10 days, - 9 days, - 8 days all the way to - 2 days prior, asking to get a copy of close documents for our attorney to review. In one of the last emails we stated we were no longer expecting to close on the original date since no one had responded or provided any documents as requested.

We got documents on the AM of close. We then asked for 36 hours as it was now almost midday on Friday. We were denied the request and told if we did not close and wire funds we were in breach of contract and we will let the courts handle it from there. And that the issues were with the title company that Lennar owns. We even offered to produce proof of funds but were still denied time to review. So we were faced with close or risk losing approximately 40k. Nice way to start off. Legally since we paid cash there isn't anything on the books that says you need to give us docs with adequate time to review. So no law was broken. I was told that by Moses after he explained to me that they had over 500 closings that week. To which I responded, "Just because you can do something to someone doesn't mean you should." He found that amusing.

On my first trip in person to the home we arrived at 9 PM, we found an extension cord running from my front door to the site next door. I took picture and called the emergency line and the construction manager to report the issue. Next we thought we would take a shower to find someone had shut off the main to the home.

The next day no one from the construction site or Lennar Corp would take responsibility. Lennar has a policy when you catch vendors stealing electric. They want you to gather 3 months of bills to get a benchmark & and then try to isolate a spike in use... (We had owned the house 25 days.) I explained that their policy does not apply as it was impossible to use in this case. After escalating through 5 layers of management they finally paid the bill. No one took responsibility for shutting off our water. We also found gutters that carry rainwater away from the house were crushed. And the baby fence at the pool had a grommet almost an inch above the patio creating a tripping hazard next to the pool. I was informed that was in their internal punch list.

The next visit we found another extension cord running in to charge the pool vendors tools. We went through all the same channels and Lennar did come by to review and went over the vendor to apologize. No one has offered to pay this bill. In the same visit we found out sprinkler head was dug up. A dumpster in front of house. Cement flung against screens, windows, Lanai. 2 Beer cans on the lawn. And watched on our security camera as they pulled up a temp fence and dragged it across the lawn over the "private residence" sign leaving 2 steaks and a bucket worth of sand and mud on my driveway.

I took pictures of all and contacted the construction manager of the site Chris. Chris told me that he isn't a home watch service. I explained that he is responsible for construction sites in either side of my home and if they stealing or vandalize my property while building it is a construction management issue. He disagreed and told us to call the police, which I did. It has now been over 75 days and the danger by the pool has not yet been fixed.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I don't have a Lennar Home, but live in a community which is run by Lennar, Artesia in Naples, FL. My home is surrounded by 4 other homes that Lennar is building. I have had issues from the get go. Building around me started in June 2018. Crews were stealing my water, leaving trash and debris everywhere (in yard, on pavers, etc.). They also leave nails, screws, etc. everywhere and I have had to purchase a new tire due to a nail puncturing mine. There are dozens of residents in my community who have had issues with Lennar building around them. Lennar took over in my community in 2016 and has yet to submit a copy of their liability insurance policy which is required per Florida Statute (FS 627.4137).

The HOA still does not have a copy of it which is absurd. I am in the process of addressing corporate and pursuing litigation if that's what it takes to get the issues rectified. I am in dismay that a multi-million dollar company operates like this. I am even more taken back that they remain in business with all of the negativity associated with their name. They have an F rating on the BBB and yet they just keep building away. This company is extremely mismanaged and only cares about their bottom line and nothing else. They surely don't care about building quality products and satisfying their customers.

There seems to be no oversight or quality control which only enables and exacerbates negligence. I will pursue this issue to the end and I hope everyone that is involved with Lennar from a complaint perspective will keep pushing their issues until they are resolved. Send certified letters to corporate, call and email daily, keep written records and photos, build your case. This is the only way there will ever be recourse. Lennar has dropped the ball for so long and needs to be held accountable.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We bought our home new in 2006. There were a number of problems that did not all get fixed in the first two years despite my chasing after the company. They basically disappeared after the housing market crash of '08. I was also very ill at the time too so things fell by the wayside. One item that I have to tell about was what I found in the space above the closet in the master bedroom. The home design allowed for a shelf to be formed between the top of the closet and the ceiling. I got up there one day to see what was up there.

Besides the large globs of drywall compound that did not get cleaned up, there were two empty Coors beer cans. The Mexican laborers the plaster guy hired were drinking on the job. But to make the matter worst, from a "where's the home builder's inspectors?" perspective, the painters sprayed right over the cans. He couldn't not see them and couldn't be bothered to remove them. I can show you today where the wall wasn't painted and the shape of the cans is clearly visible. Great inspection work, Lennar!

In the past three years, my illness has abated and I became more active with house projects. That's when I found a whole slew of serious problems that I never found before and that should have been caught by the builder. First, in the breaker box, many of the breakers are mis-tagged. I had to disconnect the water heater, so I turned off the breaker marked "Water heater". Good thing I have electrical training. I tested the wire connections in the heater with a meter. They were live. If I had made contact with those wires, that would have been it for me. The right breaker was marked "Air handler". Just about half of the major lines were mismarked.

Another time, I had to replace a breaker. As I inserted my screw driver in the cabinet to loosen a screw, it contacted a hot wire and ground, causing an arc that burned both the tool, wiring and cabinet components. Again, my trade training paid off and I wasn't hurt. Upon inspection, I discovered that whoever stripped the casing off the wires during the breaker box wiring, they cut through the inner insulation down to the copper conductor. They had to have seen this, but instead of fixing it, they just left it for some poor sucker to find the hard way. 90 percent of those working in the box would have been like me and got away with no harm. Too bad about the other ten percent.

My driveway developed a small crack towards the top of the slope, up near my garage. No big deal, it's the nature of concrete. But about a year ago, I began to have a tiny wet spot form at the crack. As time has gone by, that wet spot has gradually gotten bigger. Even on the hottest 110 degree summer days, it's wet. I notice that it is direct line between my meter and the vertical water pipe coming into the house. Now I have had other homes and I never had the water main leak and I have never heard of anyone who had. Research has determined that those water lines between the meter and service riser just do not leak if they are installed correctly; the operative word being "correctly". One plumber said that I would have better odds of getting hit with a meteorite than have the main line leak, but that wet spot is now nearly 18" around the crack. Quotes to fix it run into the thousands of dollars.

None of these things are a result of a naturally aging house. Those labels didn't just rearrange themselves nor did the wires spontaneously slice their own insulation. And that water main, which is going to blow a column of water into the air and wash out the sides of my driveway one day soon did not just begin to leak without some assistance. I imagine when that line is uncovered, there will be nails, staples, ceramic tile pieces and other construction debris abrading away in defiance of the building code. How do I know? Because I have found that same debris in the dozens of places were I have fixed leaking irrigation lines. Another one of Lennar's parting gifts to this homeowner.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Long story short, worst service ever! Closed December 30 2017 and items on walkthrough still not complete. We have been emailing customer service since January. It is now November 2018. Customer care guy replied, "Why are you waiting a year to bring this up?" It was written on walkthrough before closing, why is Lennar waiting a year to take care of it and they put it back on us like it's our fault these issues weren't addressed. Don't call us customers if you treat us like dirt! We asked for cc tech to contact his manager by text or phone call and request a meeting, he replies back that he doesn't text his boss! Really, what kind of employer is that where you don't/can't text your boss? Right whatever! I could go on and on... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Stay clear of Lennar!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We're military and transferred to CA in July. We flew back and forth to do whatever was needed to close on our home. During the process several times I felt like we needed to walk away and we should have. When we told the lender we changed our minds she would always have the lady in the sales office contact us to resell us on the home. We went through the preferred lender which we hated. Every time something was turned in they would ask for it again. The loan officer Valerie could be a piece of work and so I decided not to deal with her and have my husband to speak with her instead. So we closed on our home unfortunately and the mortgage was sold off immediately to some low budget company. Since the end of July we have had countless issues. One thing that we noticed when doing our walkthrough was the wet spots and water flowing to the street from the front yard. This issue still has not been resolved.

Another major issue was the glass shower leaking water all over the floor due to it not only being improperly sealed but put up incorrectly. It took a few visits of the blame game to get it semi resolved. Another of the major things was the flooring popping up all around downstairs. That was finally "fixed" last week. The company sent numerous people out that was saying they were coming to repair/replace (if they showed up at all) but instead they had a pissing war with the supplier on who was going to fix it. So finally an inspector came out to determine who was responsible for replacing it. Now while we were waiting on that situation to be hashed out we noticed a metal beam exposed by our back door and the only thing that was done about that was paste was put over it and spray painted.

Now we have a kitchen sink that is leaking between the granite and the under mount, and a heater that doesn't work with 4 kids in the home in 30 degree temps at night, and I'm scheduled for a surgery in the morning. I've made several calls today and received the runaround after dealing with cold temps all weekend and assuming they were closed for Veteran's Day. It's 8:35pm and still no resolve even after contacting the emergency line. The on call guy Jeff asked if I knew who did our HVAC. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know that and we've been leaving messages all day and tried to put a warranty request in online but the link isn't there. This is totally unacceptable. I've read other reviews as well in CA and I see I'm not the only one having these issues. I will be speaking with a attorney in regards to this immediately.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My experience buying a home with Lennar was exciting. I was looking forward to moving into my new home since it was my first home. The first day I moved in the shower curtain rod fell when I was giving my 10 months old a bath. I called them and they blamed me for putting a heavy shower curtain on the rod. A month after I moved in, I noticed that my daughter's room was always colder than anywhere in the house and the window was always fogged up. I called them and they told me that it was my fault because I had a humidifier in the room and that was the reason why that was happening. After about 8 visits by different people, they decided to fix that.

In November, I noticed that my backyard has always been flooded and that I can't go back there since I moved in July. I called them and they told me someone will come take a look at it. After about 9 months going back and forth with them, I finally got a phone call from Catharine ** who said it was my responsibility to make sure that my background stays dry and that it was pretty much my fault my background is wet. Every time I use water in my house, it flows to the backyard and she told me that it was per the county's building code. I was promised that they would come up with something to help fix the backyard and nothing was done. I also have a friend who has the same problem with the flooded backyard.

I get my house cleaned every month by the maid services and they told me that the house wasn't built right because they could see mold formation coming up in different part of the house and this should not be happening to a brand new house. Finally, I put a request in April for my one year warranty. Oh my gosh, it was scheduled for November 12, no show, no call even after I called them after waiting 7 months for them. This is the worst company by far, worst experience ever. I have two friend who bought homes with Lennar within the last year and we all are regretting it now.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We bought a condo at Lakewood Ranch. The interior of our condo was "fair" in regards to finished quality. However, the exterior (common areas of the condominiums) is extremely lower than "average". As part of the Homeowners Association, I created a 65 item punch list of the 2 buildings in our HOA. That was over a month ago. To date: Lennar has addressed 4 or 5 which were the least expensive to repair. The building lights do not turn on consistently. The building electrical panels are not labeled. The mechanical room that houses all lights, alarms and times can be opened because builder did not install strike plate on door. We used a gun wrapper to keep door closed.

The sump pumps for elevator shafts discharge into the area that holds individual a/c units. The flooding is so bad from sump pumps that water nearly enters 1st floor units. Storage door handles are missing. Doors are not painted. We have (4) 30 foot dead palm trees that were dead a year ago. Lennar is not even taking them down. Lennar is a substandard builder, with a below average desire to "do what is accepted as an industry standard". I would recommend against buying anything associated with Lennar. The one right thing, is the golf course. But, Lennar is not maintaining it. ICON Management is taking care of it. So, Lennar can’t get credit for that either.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Lennar is a good company. This complaint has nothing to do with them, and everything do with the unprofessional behavior of one of their employees David **. I would strongly advise all people to avoid doing business with this individual. I have never seen anyone lie or deceive potential buyers as much as he has.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Lennar has been a nightmare. I didn't listen to the 35,000 complaints around different states and how they have issues and complaints and no one listens. Check out www.mylennarhome.com. My home sidewalk is higher than the foundation of my home. I get flood and termites and over 23 more issues that are easy to fix but they don't listen. Don't buy any homes from them. Lennar when you resolve my issues I will remove this public complaint.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy a new home from Lennar. Should have read through these reviews before we decided to buy in one of their new neighborhoods here in Georgia. Despite all the "incentives" for buying new, the house has been an absolute nightmare. First sign of trouble was going through their lender, which we had to in order to get the builder incentives. About three days before the closing they call and tell us we need to put more down on the house because we suddenly don't qualify. Put over half the purchase price down and credit scores in mid 800s. Called and asked to speak with supervisor, turns out the loan officer "forgot" to include part of the income. Rookie mistake that caused a TON of stress only a few days before the closing.

Closed on the new house and day of move in a garbage truck had backed over our water main and crushed it. Water was gushing down the street when we came to do our walk through. They shut down the water and said "Sorry it's Friday and we can't fix 'til Monday or Tuesday." So they expected us to go almost 4 days on move-in weekend without water, including no toilets. When asked what we would do they suggested we use the port-o-potty next door for the contractors building the other units. Completely unacceptable and they were unwilling to try to get the issue fixed faster.

Inspector found that the main outlet in the garage that the water heater was hooked up to was bad and wasn't getting power/had faulty wiring. So they ran an extension all the way across the garage to the other outlet, said they would get someone out to fix it. Has been 3+ weeks and still have not been out to repair it. Cannot organize or use the garage much since there is this electrical cable crossing the middle of the room. Have called 3-4 times, got a response from the lady in the sales office who said the woman who set up the original work order had been fired and none of her paperwork had been picked up. Now going on week 4 with this issue.

If that wasn't bad enough we had a big rain storm today, which is supposed to last the next 2-3 days. Water is coming down the walls in the main bedroom and there are 3 5-gallon buckets which are filling up. Called the builder and find out he's "out sick" and can't return calls. Call the office and they say there is nothing they can do because the builder is "out sick." Again, this is completely unacceptable and about as effective as most slumlord apartment complex customer service teams. After 2-3 irate calls with water gushing down the walls they finally send someone, who discovers there are massive holes in the roof and says that the ENTIRE roof will have to be replaced in 2-3 days once it stops raining. The ENTIRE roof on a NEW house has to be replaced within 3 weeks and given how responsive they have been so far, I'll be surprised if it is done by Christmas.

This doesn't even cover the little things, like the 3 missing light fixtures in the upstairs bathroom they said would be provided within 2-3 days of move-in, going on 3+ weeks on those as well, in addition to a few other minor cosmetic fixes throughout the house they said would be taken care of by now. It has been an absolute nightmare and to say there is buyer's remorse is an understatement. They remind of several of the crap apartment communities I've lived in here in Atlanta where once you are in and they have their money they could care less about you. Their customer service is abysmal at best and their response is to continually make excuses or say the person responsible isn't available or is off work, or is doing something else besides taking care of your NEW house that has tons of problems. DO NOT buy a Lennar home, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I, Ramesh **, live in Fall Creek, Humble, Texas 77396. I had purchased a new home from CalAtlantic Homes in May 2016. I had lots of issues about the house which needed to be fixed, but they never did. Two years have passed by, and now the company has merged with Lennar. Finally, I had to take this matter to Mediation and now for Arbitration. See reviews on BBB, there are 165 complaints against this company. I am the 166th victim.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased my home from CalAtlantic. Now Lennar. I have warranty issue with my driveway. Was poured in December. And now is chipping. Very bad and costly mistake by builder. I contact them and had no response for a week. Is that you are doing business Lennar?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Beware. Do not, I repeat, do not buy a Lennar home. Their homes are cheaply built with the cheapest of the cheapest materials. If you buy, trust me, something will go wrong and fall apart, and when you reach out to customer services to have one of their neurologist come out, they won't help you either. They're rude and take forever to return your call. They take their time with building and the construction of the model homes so they can trick you into putting an offer in and signing that contract.

I can't speak for everyone that has purchased a Lennar home, but I can certainly speak for myself and quite a few others. Do not buy their cheap product. The people building the homes are from other countries and rush through the construction on all of their homes. They hire anybody to build their homes. I'm warning anybody who has thought about buying a Lennar home, not to buy. Trust me, you'll be so unhappy with your home shortly after moving in and wished you would have taken this advice.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Lennar as a company has put us into catastrophic position. We feel very discriminated by Lennar only because we were unfortunate enough to buy Calatlantic model on the verge of takeover. Since then our house was put on a back burner. Lennar has too many other houses to sell. Our street is almost complete with Lennar models which by the way diminish value of our house dramatically.

We had a drywall inspection at the end of August 2018. We’ve been told that building inspection will happen shortly after that. After 2 months - the house is still there, waiting for building inspection. That’s another 2 months lost. And explanation I’ve got is just preposterous. 2 months have been lost due to some vendor not delivering/installing sliding door. I wish I knew - I could have gone and bought it myself. We do feel robbed and humiliated. We’ve been fed so many promises and all of them fell short. The state of the construction is putting us, maybe, I repeat MAYBE, to February 2019. That is if they are no more delays due to vendor not delivering a faucet.

We gave up our housing in CT, moved to area based on latest promise from Lennar that closing will be in November 2018. We rented a house for 2 months - October and November. We will have to get out of the house December 1. And we will be basically on the street, just because all suitable short terms rentals are gone due to high season. I guess we will not have any choice but to move in to one of the Lennar’s model homes. I hate to see my 82 old, ill parents to go thru another temporarily move again.

This was the letter I sent to Lennar on Facebook messenger. I was contacted by Director of Sales who promised me on Monday October 29 2018 that insulation will be installed in our house this week. Today is Friday, November 2 2018. No work has been done on the house for the whole week. Based on what I read on this site - maybe it's better to just walk away? hire a lawyer and try to get 42k deposit back? Not sure if this will work.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have read several reviews on the site regarding Lennar Homes. The overwhelming majority were negative so I wanted to document my journey so far. My experience hasn’t been perfect but it also has been far from a nightmare. I may have a slight advantage as I am a licensed Realtor although I do not work in the field full time. My initial interaction with Lennar was very pleasant and not as pushy or dismissing as some new home consultants can be. I typically wear sweats and comfortable shoes such as Crocs when I went out to view homes for myself and I think some new home consultants at other communities used that to gauge whether I could afford one of their homes or not.

However that was not the case at Lennar in Charles county even though it was at the Lennar location in Gambrills MD that I was sent to because they were the only site with a specific model I wanted to see. After viewing a few models I found one that I really liked but price conscious side of me was a bit Leery. I took some time to think it over and eventually decided to move forward after conducting some research. I went to the office on a Sunday to get more information and ended up signing my documents that day. Obviously the banks were closed and I had some training to attend for work for about a week so Lennar allowed me to place a deposit equivalent to what I could withdraw from the ATM and send the rest once my training was complete.

I chose my options that day and even called a relative over that I know was on the market as well Katrina stayed to answer all of their questions well past the time the office closes. Lennar made it very clear from the beginning that there was something that they wanted me to work on financially and before closing and I began work on that straight away. For me none of it was an issue because it was all things that I already had plans to pay down. I signed the paperwork with their office in April and was provided a construction completion date of Oct 31. After reading some of the reviews here I think it is important to stress that the construction completion date and the date you close will not be the same date.

Lennar scheduled a meeting with me and the construction manager updated the construction completion date to early Nov. and we were on our way. The loan/credit folks provided me with an action plan and I provided updates regularly. Sometimes they would best me to check on my status. I completed all of the requested action ahead of schedule so we made a few tweaks. The only person that was as responsive via email as I would have liked would be the loan officer but he answered his phone every time I called. Everyone else responded within a matter of minutes when I asked any questions or wanted to schedule some time to actually walk the home while under construction. I have not closed yet but everything is scheduled including my home inspection.

My advice to everyone is to get a home inspection. The new home consultant may act as if it’s not needed because the home is new but that’s not what the inspector is looking for. You want to get the inspection because the reality is a lot of the work is performed by contractors and people make mistakes. That is true for new and older homes, we just hope the mistakes are not something that dramatically impacts your ability to enjoy the home which is why you need an home inspector to flush out as much as possible.

I currently rent approximately 5 mins from the home I’m having built so I’m able to go by frequently and check on the progress and there are several people that work on the homes being built and I’m certain Minimal supervision is provided as they have several homes under construction at the same time. My only complaint would be if you sit back and wait for them to tell you what's going on you might feel as if they don’t pass information along well. I found out the dates for my walkthrough and closing from the new home consultant almost a month before I received the official email from the settlement coordinator.

The credit specialist told me that everything was good to go with my loan before I heard from the loan officer. So my point is that if you are buying with Lennar do not hesitate to ask question to anyone you can get in touch with and get a home inspection completed by a third party (that $400 could save you a lot of stress down the road). Remember that you are spending thousands of dollars and whoever holds the purse holds the control.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

12-2015 to 10-2015. We somehow had the best customer service and easy closing here in Clovis, CA Chateau at Ellingsworth. We bought a move in ready sorta. We accepted it at about 70% completed. It is now OCT 30 2018 and we are still dealing with construction defects. The HVAC unit is too small for the house with very poor ductwork and air balance throughout the home. It has been worked on three times.

Our Master floor shakes when someone walks across it and the floor squeaks when you enter the master bathroom. Their CSR told us not to worry all second floors shake and squeak. Poor cabinet quality, excessive cracked grout, etc. We have other issues but are now entering Mediation set for 1/8/2019. My advice is if you do buy Lennar at least here in the Fresno area defiantly have a professional home inspector, inspect your home just before your walkthrough and set up repairs from that. Good luck.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We did a lot of research before buying, and felt pretty prepared for everything we encountered, but we did get hit by a few things. It was more difficult to get approved than we were initially led to believe - after first being told we were approved and that was "set in stone," weeks later as we were getting the financing worked out, we suddenly found out we might not get approved after all. We did, finally, but we paid a LOT more out-of-pocket than we anticipated, including having to pay off a credit card to tweak my debt-to-income ratio.

Things you NEED to know: how the property taxes and escrow account work. Your monthly payment WILL go up after the first year unless you elect to put the maximum percentage into the escrow account right from the start. This is because the property taxes are first assessed when the plot is just land, and then re-assessed after a house is built - dramatically increases the value, and therefore the taxes. Also, the "everything's included!" is a bit of a lie. They don't seal the tile or stain the fences themselves; you'll have to do it or pay to have it done, and it's not cheap. The house itself seems solidly constructed - we haven't had any major issues in two years - but Lennar absolutely skimps on the finishing details. The paint and carpet are SO cheap and SO crappy. The house already needs a re-paint, and for that awful carpet to be ripped up. It looks so bad. Those are my only real complaints, though.

Do your homework before you buy; I can't stress that enough. Know what's coming. Know that you'll spend more out-of-pocket than you think. The warranties definitely come in handy!! Have your house inspected by a third party inspector right before the one-year whole-house warranty expires, and get Lennar to fix any issues they find at that time; best piece of advice our realtor gave us. Know you're not buying the best money can get, but for a lot of people in a certain financial position, Lennar is not a bad option. Just know what you're getting into.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Lennar is unethical in its business practices. We started to sense that there was going to be trouble down the road so we canceled our contract to build a townhome with them in Media PA within the allowable cancellation window. Lennar acknowledged that our refund would be made in full and delivered to us within 2 to 4 weeks. It is now 10+ weeks and we’ve yet to see a dime nor will they engage in a conversation with us. Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Run the other way if you’re considering buying or building with them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Dishonest company! I have never seen or experience such unethical behavior from any company. Lennar staff does its business to take advantage of the customer. They are unorganized and unprofessional. Just to handle the floor we went there 4 times and at the end, they installed what they wanted. If I mention the incentives and mortgage rate, this can be a long story. They have the higher rate and don't want to give the incentive they promised.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was really disappointed with customer service, email communication is not clear. The project kept delaying, and due to that we have extend our rate lock, and paid all the money from our pocket. We tried to reach salesperson, she replied back with "As for asking to cover the cost of extension, we cannot do that. The builder cannot come back to you and increase your sales price even though it has gone up over $100,000 (we are selling your plan on the second floor for $993,880)."

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

So... I'm not really sure what all of the bad reviews are. But I would like you to know my experience. My husband and I bought a house at Lennar at Lake Ridge in Manchester NJ. My sales rep Karen is and was and is amazing. From day 1 of dealing with Lennar has been wonderful. Karen is the nicest, kindest hard working sales rep ever!!! I had a very small issue at my home last week. It has been 6 months since we closed. Anyway, I called her since she gave me her cell in the very beginning. Within an hour she got back to me even though she was on a surprise birthday trip in Paris. Then I called warranty which answered immediately and had a guy out here that same afternoon. And in 5 minutes found the problem and told me it will be taken care of.

From day 1 of walking into the sales office, buying our home... which is absolutely perfect walk thru closing and any little problem I might have had has been addressed and taken care of immediately. And I will admit I am a bit intense. And not 1 time have I had a single issue dealing with anyone at Lennar. They have been pleasant, kind, patient, accommodating. I do not have 1 bad thing to say. So all I will add if you live in NJ. Buy LENNAR!!! AWESOME HOME AND PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

They are very unprofessional. You’d think if you’re spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, someone will call you a week before closing to tell you, “YOU’RE NOT CLOSING.” Our closing date was changed 3 times, and then the last time they said “we’ll let you know in about a week a new date”. This was 5 days before my scheduled closing. So imagine, my lease is up, I’m packed up, and I have nowhere to go. But I’m suppose to wait for you guys to procrastinate on my home. I stopped by the house almost daily. I watched as they put up framing for other houses, bricks, shingles, everything. But my house was a week from closing and it was 60% done. The office and the builders don’t communicate. No one knows anything. If you can avoid it, do not buy a Lennar home. You’ll be waiting months for your house to be built and your closing date will change constantly. Not worth it. Oh and you can make any home a smart home for a fraction of the price???

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am a buyer of new home at **. The committed closing date was October 1, 2018 then closing date was moved to November 15, 2018. The builder has told us about the construction that it has stopped due to contractor’s unavailability. Why should we suffer because of contractor’s unavailability and for how long? We gave everything on time and we expect same from Lennar, are we expecting too much if we are cooperating and saying that at least keep moved closing date which is November 15, 2018. Please help to keep the closing date as November 15 by expediting the construction for **. My family has already suffered a lot due to this delay.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

After presenting our offer to the sales manager with our agent and broker, then later accepting their verbal counter-offer and then later meeting to sign the sales agreement (sales manager then didn't show); our agent was told by Lennar that we could not have any buyer representation as we had previously toured the models and asked questions. So confused, humiliated and frustrated we canceled our deposit, listing agreement and third new Lennar dream home purchase.

Lennar's passive aggressive cavalier approach flows over to construction practices (e.g. inadequate construction trash bins that have no top doors for debris containment, poor or no site cleanup, fugitive dust blowing, speeding trucks, etc.). Painful to write this review after all we have invested in the community. Worked with the City of LQ for our first year regarding the fly infestation from an illegal (i.e. no licenses or conditional use permits) for a nearby horse boarding ranch constantly covered in manure.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just closed on a Lennar Home in LaMorada in Naples, FL. Before signing papers I read some of the very negative reviews and was most reluctant to build, but after speaking with several representatives of the Company and homeowners, I decided to proceed. I built the home while still living in New York, and only visited the site a handful of times during the building process. I could not be happier with the final product. Customer service representatives, Catherine **, was always very responsive to any questions or concerns. Upon moving in there were just a few cosmetic adjustments that needed to be made.

It is not like the custom made homes I have built in the past where adjustments can be made and rooms made larger, but the ease with which the home is constructed, with fewer decisions made the process so much easier. The builder in Charge, Dan, was highly responsive to the few requests I had upon moving in and the work was completed quickly and efficiently. It has been a very positive experience from start to finish, (except for working with their lending department which refused lending to me despite the 850 credit rating). I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Lennar Homes Company Information