2. Homeowners

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Built a new home in Indiana. Was a very good experience from sales to close. Small punchlist items were taken care of as requested. A few others are scheduled this week. Good quality for a production builder.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We had a great experience with Lennar and their entire customer service employees while building our home in Utah. Amazing workmanship, high quality material, and amazing service throughout the building process!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

It's hard to read all of these reviews be excited about Lennar, but I thought to provide my honest feedback. First off, no home is perfect, even if new. If you expect that, then the home sale price should have two commas in it, not one. That said, I have had the same cosmetic issues, minor delays, and general warranty concerns others have outlined. I have had nothing but a positive experience with the group that built our home and would like to publicly thank Dan ** for his quick responses and service.

Now that we are in the 2nd month I have submitted a couple of small warranty claims only to be responded to right away and then contacted by Dan on an update/answer/resolution. Service comes down to two things. 1. A process (that being the warranty claim on the website) and 2. the individual conducting the service. Dan has shined in every aspect to make our experience as positive as possible. I hope nothing changes and we don't experience issues others have described, but thanks to Lennar and our construction team for their care to make our service as good as advertised.

-Chris and Steph

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hello All: I have read more than 400 reviews in reference to Lennar LLC both positive and negative. With any new construction, whether it be Toll Brothers, DR Horton, Ryan and Lennar Homes this is what to expect. Also, for existing homes as well. As a Retired American Veteran who has worked in Military Housing, as a Realtor and now a HUD Employee, suggested working closely with the Company/Builders to ensure that all are in compliance with HUD/US Builders/Realtors Associations and the Department of Community Affairs.

Not only that, read your documents before signing them and don't let know sales/real estate consultant rush you into know type of agreement; don't let them dictate to you what you can place for a down payment and your closing date. You are the one that is in control of this large investment; take pictures of each building stages if possible and find out if the labor workers are licensed for the trade they are assigned to accomplish. And if you are a Disabled American Veteran or anyone with a Disability, make sure that they are in compliance with the American Disability Act (ADA) for what alterations you need for your new home. It's the LAW. My real estate sales consultant Jamie, has been very good and knows that I am very I have the experience and very knowledgeable in this business area. DO YOUR HOME AND DON'T BE RUSHED.

Original review: May 18, 2020

House borders farm field. Field is graded toward our home. Was assured by both Jim and Tim (builders) that the grading would be taken care of and the area cleaned up. It has not. We had a recent heavy rain. Over a foot of water entered our yard. Water poured in from OUTSIDE our fence due to the lack of proper drainage and grading causing part of our NEW PATIO base to be washed out. Lennar said its an "act of God". They are not responsible. The manhole was still left with a canvas catch basin and therefore unable to drain the water. The street drains are similarly blocked.

The builder is now saying it's because of the farmer and they are not responsible for the damage caused to our patio. If the property had been graded properly, the excess water would have still drained away from the house despite the blocked manhole. Instead we are left with a patio to repair. The manhole is till blocked and the grading still comes toward the house. What are we to do with the next rain and the patio repair expense? According to the builder there will be no quick resolution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: May 12, 2020

It’s really bad service. They gave us 10 year warranty for everything. Now it’s just 2 year and my ac is not working and they charge me for 2000$ plus for just checking and try to call them they don’t want to talk.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Really so much to say in the 3 years we've been trying to get Lennar to resolve. These are issues they have taken responsibility for, agreed to pay for, but over three years have failed to fix. Easiest to go to ** and see for yourself. We created the website to get the word out.

Original review: April 18, 2020

!!!INCREDIBLE how in 30 minutes the LENDER can destroy a family's dreams of owning their own home!!!! We visited Miramesa Cypress because they offered us an excellent deal within our budget, to make the house of our dreams come true, everything looked perfect, the price, the house, the upgrades, area, the community, and the high school.

We are prequalified with another lender but they recommended us that we apply with their LENDER to get some builder benefits, and as told we applied that same day, during the application process we had two or three special questions about our situation and the LENDER told us that there was no issue and that we could continue and submit the application online as it was. The next day the LENDER contacted me and told me that everything looked very good, and that we will need to send him our documents as soon as possible, obviously it was!! GREAT NEWS FOR MY FAMILY!! I quickly got home to scan the documents, and my very excited daughter started helping me, during that process I get a call from my Realtor saying that the loan was no longer approved.!! Why? I don't know.!!

Just 30 minutes prior I had spoken to your LENDER and he told me everything was good to go. And now (30 minutes after) the LENDER calls my realtor (not even me) and tells her that there are other clients also interested in the house even though we established that we wanted it about a day ago and we’re in the process of buying.

Everything was so confusing as I didn’t know what exactly “there are other clients” was suppose to mean, I called the LENDER to ask for an explanation and he didn't answer and of course I did not receive a reply, In the end we weren’t able to get the house. We couldn't to try with our lender because they accepted the other offer.. Maybe, It’s fine to ruin my dreams, but to ruin especially my daughter?!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!.

Original review: April 15, 2020

Nice house-floor plan, features, etc., but just to give you a heads up; when sold the house, told it included solar panels. It was in buyer's agreement! Moved in-no solar panels. Told they changed their minds about that subdivision. Had to pay $1,500 for a lawyer to get to them to do it, which they eventually did but taking their time of course. Not cool.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Before moving in they had to replace sod in backyard due to flooding from three other neighbors yards. They laid new sod over the silt that drained into our yard. Not really fixing the issue just putting lipstick on a pig. Multiple requests about water pooling in our yard and the foundation drainage being bad. All closed with no work done. They just say there is no standing water 48hrs later. Not saying anything about the yard being a sponge like swamp for a week later at best and only if it doesn't rain again. They refuse to fix any issues.

Lennar Homes Company Information