Lennar Homes

lennar.com

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had put a deposit of $6000 down on a townhouse in Maryland and ended up changing my mind. I was told the deposit would take 30 days. After 6 weeks I was told it may be a few more weeks. Those of you that have gotten refunds - how long has it taken? Thanks!

RUN do not walk away from buying a home from this company. Their customer service stinks. They show you all the bells and whistles to owning a Lennar Home. Don't believe a word they say. They tell you one thing and it's another. We build our home late 2016, it's a beautiful home, but then they put cheap appliances that within the first month of being installed need repairs, or replaced. We had shingles missing from our roof, crown molding with cracks, wood floors that haven't been sealed properly, a river that runs in between our houses after it rains, that's just to name a few.

Oh! AND the house that is built next to us... Ya, Lennar thought it was a good idea to put the same brick and stone in it that we have on our house. We were the first two couples to pick our lot and have our house built. I have been going over the heads of people to complain about it, but it doesn't work of course because they have their money and don't care. Everyone from Renee, to Rick who is Director of construction couldn't give a rat's behind, they just want to hurry and get the houses built so they can earn their money. RUN from Lennar company, I'm telling you, they treat you wonderful at first, then, they don't care.

Our house located in great park of Irvine California was built by Lennar and has numerously terrible issues. We strongly regret the decision to purchase a house from Lennar. Not to our surprise, we have also heard that Lennar was dealt a class action lawsuit due to the bad quality homes it provided for the Woodbury new home project which is also located in Irvine California. After we moved in we discovered that our brand new house had a terrible squeak everywhere upstairs including bedrooms, hallways, the laundry room, closets and bathrooms. Lennar tried a few times to repair the squeaky floor by adding the screws after we reported it. Unfortunately these poor attempts to fix our problem only made it worse.

After discovering the problem, Lennar decided to try to fool us with its gimmicks to "fix" the squeaky floors because they didn't want to do what actually needed to be done (opening the drywall, removing the tiles, replacing plywood and joist, etc.). We hired licensed and experienced floor experts--they told us that our new house's second floor had severe fundamental issues which caused the terrible squeak all over upstairs. There are many cracks on the granite in our kitchen's island. Lennar agreed to replace the granite after we attempted to contact them multiple times. Its customer care manager left us a voice message which clearly promised that Lennar was going to replace the granite. Shockingly, Lennar broke its promise.

Our master tub was also cracked. Lennar pushed us to let them repair it instead of doing the replacement they should have done from the beginning. (Again Lennar is trying to find shortcuts.) We generously gave Lennar the opportunity to fix the crack after Lennar promised they would do an outstanding repair. Lennar also claimed that they would replace a new tub for us if the repair was not good. Unfortunately, the repair was a complete failure and the tub got much worse. Lennar's service care manager tried to fool us and refused to replace the tub as he promised before.

Lennar's tub contractor sent its inspector to our house to examine the situation and agreed that the previous repair was a failure. We asked him to let us copy the inspector's report as a record. Instead, Lennar's service care manager set up an email between him and the owner of the tub contractor, which indicated that the cracked tub had already been successfully repaired because he didn't know we had the copy of the report. Lennar completely disappeared after we presented him with the inspector's report to clearly prove Lennar's service care manager is a perfect liar. In fact, Lennar has manipulated its contractors to fool us and trick us on much more than one occasion.

We definitely wouldn't have bought Lennar's house if we had known its bad reputation beforehand. Who knows what will happen in Lennar's new project in Beacon Park and Parasol Park of Irvine California? Buying Lennar's house is the biggest mistake in our life. We were forced to complain to California State License Board (CSLB). Finally, Lennar Home got punished by California Government (CSLB) for its odious and disgusting conduct.

I purchased a new home from Lennar 3 years ago, we paid the deposit before the construction was started. By the time it was finished, we found the quality was very bad. A window on garage door could be missing! The internal walls around light switch area were not patched, toilet paper handle was not installed, etc. It was very obvious that they rushed to deliver this house so they could start the new project in different locations for more expensive homes. Now after 3 years, the ceiling of the garage starts showing the water leak from the above master bedroom room, it looks like I have to cover a big cost by myself for this repair work.

I bought my house in Dec 2015 and moved in March 2016. It is now Jan 2017 and as of now I have already had 2 water leaks. 1 in the garage and the newest is water coming through a vent into our dining room from the master bathroom shower. This will be the 2nd time workers will have to come into my house in less than a year and pull out drywall, fix pipes, rehang drywall and repaint.

It is absolutely unacceptable to me that in a home that is less than 1 year old pipes are bursting left and right. What pipe will be next. Thank goodness I am still under warranty but regardless I am extremely unhappy with my home. In addition when we first moved in our brand new dishwasher had a broken motor and that had to be fixed as well. I don't know if they use inexperienced plumbers or if I just have bad luck but in my opinion stay away from Lennar. I can't even get ahold of my customer care rep to relay messages to her then I find out she is no longer my rep but doesn't have the courtesy to inform me. Please use another builder...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Like Joni, I live in MiraLago in Parkland. This too was to be our retirement home and last move. Dealing with Lennar for the past two years has been nothing short of pure misery, complete disappointment and sheer aggravation. It all started when we were bullied into closing on Black Friday in 2014. We had plans to be out of town for Thanksgiving and had to cancel because Lennar forced us to close on a house that was an absolute mess. In the last two days before the closing, they slapped things together as best as they could but our punch list was still two full pages on a legal pad. We offered to close a week or two later as we were in no rush but Lennar was hell bent on closing on our house so that they could count it in their fiscal year. Totally ruined our Thanksgiving that year and made us forego spending time with our son who had recently been discharged from the navy.

In addition to the punchlist for the house, we had no street lights and no street signs. It felt like our house was in a war zone. The next week I learned that neither Comcast nor AT&T could provide Internet or phone service to my house because cables were never run down the street. Lennar's negligence to ensure communications infrastructure was in place created a safety issue. We then endured week after week of contractors coming in and out of our house fixing things. A broken water main had to be repaired and then was improperly flushed which ended up causing a 3 ft square hole to be made in our dining room wall. Another day someone was digging in our yard without marking lines and cut our communications line.

While all this was going on, a swamp was developing our side yards, complete with breeding insects. Two years later they are now addressing the drainage issue, which was a known issue from the start, and in the process they damaged my pool heater and are fighting with me to replace it. Aside from the issues with my house, Lennar has been late to deliver our clubhouse, the main entrance (which has electrical issues) and rear entrance. Numerous issues remain throughout the community. This company completely lacks morals, quality control, and integrity. I strongly advise never doing business with this company. This purchase decision is my single most regret in my entire life.

I was unaware that Lennar use Styrofoam (no mixture of cement... cooler type) to so call beautify the structure of the homes. It was brought to my attention when I saw pieces of Styrofoam in the driveway with spots of beige paint similar to the pillars that surrounds the windows of my home. I immediately call customer service and a guy by the name of Mr. ** was at my doorsteps within seconds. However, he was not there to resolve the problem, instead he wanted me to sign a work order of completion (of course I declined). He stated that the Miami Dade County Building Department approved this sort of material for beautification purposes, therefore I called the county to confirm Mr. ** statement. The supervisor of the county building department, stated that Styrofoam was not regulated by a building code and he was unaware of such material used for homes.

Styrofoam is a nuisance and pollutes the nearby lakes. It also brings down the value of homes when pieces are constantly chipping off the structure of the home. Sad, but all homes in the Enclave at Old Cutler community have this Styrofoam mess as part of their home structure and they false advertise it as being exterior stone... PLEASE DO NOT BUY HOMES FROM LENNAR... COSTLY WITH CHEAP MATERIAL.

I rescinded my contract on December 8, 2016 after putting a deposit of $5000 at Treviso Bay, Naples Florida for a new coach home within the 15 days period. The contract clearly stated I would receive my deposit back if I did this within 15 days. The Realtor, Catherine **, said it could take up to 30 days to get my deposit back, but she would personally try to expedite. After constant attempts to get my Escrow money, I sit here after 6 weeks. The agent also boasted that the Coach home was sold again the next day. However, I received confirmation that coach home was on the market again, 5.5 weeks later. Strange.

Most important, I have been emailing and calling Catherine **, Michelle ** and now David ** at Lennar Homes, Treviso Bay in Naples, as well as my realtor, Charles ** from Downing-Frye Realty, Inc. for the last 6 weeks and continue to get the run around. Charles originally assured me Lennar folks were great. This is not true. Therefore, I contacted the Naples Area Board of Realtors and DBPR to file a complaint against these very unprofessional folks at Lennar Homes. While there is no rule that addresses a specific number of days in which to disburse the Escrow funds, the broker should disburse the funds immediately upon receiving the Final Order. If after a reasonable amount of time the broker does not comply with the Final Order, the broker can be prosecuted for failure to comply with a Final Order. Buyer beware!

Greetings. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Steven **, a vet with a family of four. I purchase a house from Lennar Inc October 2003 at the Heritage Harbor community (**). Homeowners in my community complained to Lennar about stucco issues. Lennar hired a engineering Co to conduct inspection on these houses (30 houses). They found all units to have faulty stucco issues. Lennar took immediate action and hired a stucco Co to repair all of these damages.

Well, my family and I never received any information on this matter from Lennar. In fact, it was one of the homeowners who advise me of such. He provided me with the information I needed to get my house inspected. I took immediate action and notified Lennar, within weeks my house was inspected by an engineering Co that Lennar had hired. Days after my house was inspected. I received a letter from Lennar Inc stating that my house had no faulty stucco or any other issues.

I sold that property September 2016 in during the process. When my property inspection was conducted, it revealed faulty stucco and mold issues. The buyers made an offer to my realtor to have the purchase price of the property reduce to cover the repair cost ($13,000.00). This happen days before going to closing. My family and I agreed. The buyers asked our realtor for assistance in finding a stucco company to conduct the repairs on the house.

In the realtor's search for a reputable company, she found the engineering company that conducted the inspection on my house. She contacted the contractor to inquire about the inspection. He indicated that he was called to look at some issues with the home on behalf of an engineering company and stated that the home not only had stucco issues, but had mold issues as well. So Lennar Inc fail to take the immediate action necessary to address the true findings. While providing me with, and misleading me with a false statement about my property had no damages, my family and I suffered much emotional grief and a enormous financial setback due to their negligence. My family andI I ask that corrective action be taken immediately and that we be compensated for our losses.

They mentioned they will refund the deposit in 30 days and we signed the contract. Yesterday the sale representative said he will discuss with his corporate and will let know. Today he wrote an email confirmation that they won't refund our 3000$ deposit.

Like Joni of Parkland, Florida, Our new home in Bakersfield, California was to be our retirement home after 31 years in the east coast. I am 2 months past my 30 day inspections and still finding inferior workmanship. Everything that hooked us to buying a Lennar Home was the design. All cosmetic. I am tired in finding these defects and incomplete work. First it was no communications cable ran from the main outside trunk line to the house, poor finish work and followup work, defective door seals, improper soil compaction around the house, sidewalk cracks. Street lights in newly delivered homes including ours are not energized yet vacant lots prepared for new construction down the street are lit. New Homeowners are expected to take care of it. Would recommend Buyers, Realtors, beware and most definitely Building Code Officials, check with Zillow as well.

There seems to be a pattern of incompetency or there are major problems from sales to financing to construction to customer service. They all point fingers and have disclaimers. I am writing this because I never seen such incompetency before after 30 years in the commercial design and construction industry. The execution of service in Lennar does not exist. I had the privilege in contracting with local professional trades people and sharing why I have asked them to do the work they are skilled in. A common area of discussion always comes up. Most of Lennar's subs are from out of town and areas where work is scarce. It's either that or they are finding the few stragglers left in the local union hall or they find people off the street to do the work. There seems to be a lot of construction in Bakersfield, yet Lennar has to get subs or labor from out of town.

Construction delays, empty promises, and shoddy workmanship. It's all included. The closing got delayed twice leading to additional moving expenses & hotel. About two weeks prior to closing, I found multiple damages to the home. The kitchen cabinets were destroyed, dishwasher not installed properly, a hole in the siding, missing light fixture and window screen, and poor siding installation (visible nails and nicks in the siding). Not to mention imperfections in the walls, cracks in the wallboard around the windows, filthy window frames, and uneven sod. STAY AWAY FROM LENNAR. PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY BAD REVIEW WRITTEN ON CONSUMERAFFAIRS ABOUT LENNAR. I did not close on the home.

December of 2015 I visited family in Killeen Texas and during that visit looked at homes because we fell in love with the area. Spoke with new home consultant Cindy ** who told us basically the credit score was not there to purchase a home but we could go through credit repair, get the credit score up and build one during this process. We were assured that once the credit score was up there would be no problem with purchasing the home. When we visited it was during Christmas/New Years so she told us first of the year we should hear from someone and we never did. It was not until I reached out to Ms. ** in February when we finally got a response from the credit specialist.

In March we started to finalize plans for the house. On March 20, 2016 the lot was chosen and every detail was complete. We signed on the dotted line and we're given a close date of September 24. From this point everything just drug along. The lot sat empty for months. By May I think they started to prep the lot then nothing. A few months later the foundation was laid then nothing. A few months later they started on the frame. We completed the credit repair and received all of the congratulations and then everything was turned over to the loan officer. When the first closing date of September 24th came around the house was not bricked, counter tops and appliances were not in and flooring tile/carpet were not in so we received a revised close date of November 7th and that came and went we never heard from anybody.

Whenever we started this process we had to produce check stubs but no one ever said how much house we could afford and the new home specialist walked us into a 219,000 home leading us to believe that everything was good. Well the loan officer gets everything and pretty much suggest that we get a cheaper home. What he did not understand was that we didn't pick this home we built. We heard from the loan officer once, sent paystubs every week and he never responded. For two months we never heard from the loan officer. Sunday November 13 Cindy ** called me and asked if I had spoken with Brian ** (the loan officer) and she informed me neither had she said that she would be in touch.

Monday November 14 I did not hear anything. So Tuesday November 15 I texted her, asked if she had spoken to Brian. She said yes and that it was not good news so I immediately tried calling her. She did not answer so she texted back that she would call me and I waited almost four hours for that call and she never called. I called her and the call went straight to voicemail so I decided to text her telling her that we did not want to move forward and wanted our earnest money that we put up and before the message was sent good guess who called back. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I would look elsewhere before working with these people. We built our dream home and it was snatched from under us.

I signed to purchase a home with Lennar, Harvest Villages in Jurupa Valley and gave a $5K deposit. I had to pull out of the loan because of an unforeseen family emergency that was going to cost us a lot of money. I informed them of my situation and provided details. They denied the return of my earnest money and in the meantime NEVER responded to my emails or phone calls. NEVER. I understand that I might have lost my earnest money, but seriously with the unprofessional behavior of their employees. Justin ** at Lennar is very unprofessional and rude.

When purchasing a home please avoid Lennar Homes. I can swear to you the builder Lennar is a crook. Our home - Bad Foundation - Ceiling fell in living area - Electronic security system never installed, left hole in wall - A/C system installed wrong with wrong parts - Roof defects - Electrical system failed - Plumbing defective - Never finished painting. Then we find out our home was used as a sex meeting place for Lennar folks. Lennar fixed nothing and told us to get in line and sue them. I have pics and engineering finds. We are screwed. You can avoid. Lennar is crap!!!

HOME BUYER BEWARE: It's not just the normal items you need to be aware of when buying a home and doing your walk through such as, paint touch up or leaky faucets. My husband and I purchased new homes in the past. We only had to deal with simple fixes/repairs. However, this was our first time buying a home with Lennar. Unfortunately, we have never had so many challenges and problems to deal with as we have with Lennar. We found out the hard way that you need to be aware of much more when buying a home. My husband and I recently purchased a new home in 2016 at Lennar Miralago in Parkland Florida. It was to be our retirement home and we were excited about the move. Our excitement soon turned into disappointment after we encountered many unexpected problems and challenges.

Below are a few of the problems from our repair list. Problems along with the inconvenience that a new home owner should not have to deal with. We feel this should have never happened if Lennar had the proper quality control and took better care in the construction of our home. A gas line was never put in and had to be installed after we moved in. How does that even pass inspection? Plumbing was put in backwards in the utility room. How does that pass inspection? Some utility lines that should have been installed in front of our home before we moved in were not installed. We are now dealing with the installation and the mess being left in the front of our home. How does that pass inspection?

Parkland is known to have a high water table. When it rains and/or the sprinklers go on, we along with other residents have a drainage issue. Having the proper drainage is extremely important. The Land developer/builder knew about the high water table in Parkland. They should have been proactive in doing the job right. Instead we have to deal with puddles and mud a majority of the time around our home. We need waterproof boots to take a walk in our yard. We were told that Lennar will be taking care of the drainage issues eventually. They have a backlog of people to take care of with drainage issues. Also, in order to fix the problem our fence will probably need to come down and we may not have a fence for a few months. Our yard will also be torn up. Once again we will be inconvenienced for a few more months. We have the fence because of our pool and pets.

We only wish we would have been aware of the above problems before we closed on our home. We would have waited until all was taken care of before we moved in. It would have been nice to move into our new home without dealing with these types of issues. We feel all the above problems could have been avoided. Better quality control and a little more time and care to do a better job. Lennar would save money in the long run. As we know, fixing mistakes can be costly. Also, it is better to have happy homeowners. It creates a positive marketing tool. The Lennar homes being built in Parkland FL. are supposed to be Lennar's premium homes in Parkland. We think it is an embarrassment for Lennar to pass the home we purchased as a premium home. On a positive note, so far the employees have been nice and usually try to help.

So I was going to buy this 326k house from Lennar. The house was standing inventory and had been on the market for 250 days. I didn't know this information right away nor did I know that there was no parking in front of the house. And I drive a company vehicle that I'm responsible for. They suggested I park it around the corner in the community parking area. I opted out of the contract and of course normal protocol is to keep EMD moneys. So they never disclosed the parking situation and the CC&Rs have a vague umbrella of the development and where you can and can't park. They had no understanding and have threatened for fees to pay if I just don't sign paperwork before I can look at my actual legal options.

We bought a home from Lennar in 2014 in Apex NC. We have been having electrical issues for a while now and been trying to get in touch with them but no response so far. There is no phone number where you can reach them, just an email address.

Do not buy a home with Lennar Homes. I am an original owner of a yr 2006 built single family, one-story home in Florida. Several major issues with home since 2006 that Lennar would not address. They always had an "out" or past warranty period. Here are the big ones: Air conditioner condenser drain lines were not primed and were ran in between interior home walls instead of garage so when they broke open, one of the back bedrooms was flooded and damage done. This happened just after 2 year plumbing warranty.

Air conditioner unit had to be replaced at just 9 years of age and since year 2007 I've had routine maintenance completed by A/C Pro Co. every year. Plumbing from the house to the street (sewer) -- lines clogged with water backing up into house. Upon investigation to resolve problem it was found that Lennar had run another home's plumbing into my sewer drain line instead of providing my own devoted sewer line from house to street. The clog was actually in the leased out home next door but I had a $400+ bill to pay for. Why? Because this practice of tying in more than one home's plumbing into another house plumbing not against building code. It is uncommon and unscrupulous business practice but not a building violation. Lennar got away with their cheap building methods again.

Last and most recent bad news -- bad roof (PHOTOS Included). Here it is just barely over 10 years and the roof is rotted and giving away in several places. Reason is roof was installed incorrect -- roof nails missing, never installed, nails exposed that should not be and covered with tar in attempt to hide, roof ridge too small causing water intrusion, no proper roof ventilation (ridge vent not installed), and flashing installed wrong. The roof company that looked at roof couldn't believe it ever passed county inspections.

There are other small items over the years such as structural cracks due to stucco put on too thin. We had to repaint almost right away due to one-coat application of cheap paint, tiles floors cracking due to lack of thin set mortar underneath, and more "small" stuff that adds up. We've put in over $15,000 for a house barely 10 years of age. This is in repair costs only! Not improvements or upgrades. I learned the very hard way and expensive way. Just want to warn anyone thinking of a new or resale home -- make sure to research the builder!

I have a history of repairs all logged within the one year warranty. Nothing is being fixed. Now vendors tell us the warranty expired. Bob finally shows up to fix my squeaking floor. I started complaining, "When is my kitchen faucet getting fixed and my microwave?" He tells me there is nothing he could do about the microwave, and he remembers talking about the faucet. After I insist he needs to get these fixed, he tells me if I keep talking about anything other than the squeaky floor he will leave, so I told him to get the ** out of my house. The point is why do I have to get to this point? A customer is treated like gold until the house closes, after that like ** and we don't matter.

We purchased our "dream" home in December 2013 after 17 years in a home much too small. Now we have all kinds of room, and no shortage of issues with the build quality. For the first two years, Lennar honored their contractual agreement regarding the warranty. Once that second year ended, we became the red-headed step-child, no disrespect intended. We pointed out numerous issues during our initial walk-through and most were addressed immediately. We pointed out two rooms in which the baseboard molding was "wavy", a condition likened to the exposure to moisture. One room was eventually "cured" and there have been no further issues. We asked to have the other room, the dining room, fixed as well. Their moisture detectors did not find any issues. After that, the kitchen nook window area started raining inside, literally. This lead to the discovery of a problem in the blueprints!

Our entire second floor patio deck had to be redone because of the oversight which lead to the gaps in the work. This was covered under warranty as well and it was a long repair. Again, we pointed out the dining room and was told no problems exist. Fast forward to after the warranty expired. A heavy rain resulted in further moisture exposure to the dining room molding resulting in greater waves along the baseboard. A letter was sent to Lennar and a representative did respond out. He examined the baseboard and concluded that there was moisture exposure. The inspection went outside the dining room around the window. No cracks in the stucco were found, like that is solely responsible for water getting through the concrete block wall. It was determined that there was possibly caulking issues where the second floor meets the top of the first floor... Of course, no ladder was utilized and this was simply a hypothesis.

We were told that WE needed to seal the wall and area around the window. I am pretty sure that there is no magic sealant that one could simply apply to the entire exterior of their house to solve this mystery. My inspection found no obvious signs of damage or gaps that needed to be filled, yet this was OUR problem. Lennar dismissed the issue and claimed that it was OUR responsibility. Again, no issues could be found to cure this problem, yet water found a way inside the house.

Fast forward to Tropical Storm Hermine. The dining room carpet was wet, the baseboard pulled away from the wall and mold was now visible. I removed the baseboard and cut out a section of the drywall to try to find the source of the water. What I did learn was that the water followed a vertical furring strip. I decided to stop cutting out the drywall at this point. The furring strip is directly under the window. I re-examined the exterior area around the window and find a small crack in the stucco under the window.

Again, I have no idea how an exterior crack in decorative stucco could possibly be responsible, unless, there is a problem in the concrete block. The leak could also be from around the window, but again, nothing visible indicates cracks or gaps in the caulking. Lennar refuses to address this poor workmanship and has no quality control measures in place. I am forced to call out a contractor to figure out what the problem is and to fix it. Not sure where that money is coming from.

The Lennar home I purchased in Fort Mill, SC as of July 2016 was only built 2 years ago and already has several problems related to poor workmanship. The Lennar customer service group for this area of SC is non-responsive and so far has stuck to the answer of "It's not covered under warranty." They told me to take it to arbitration. The master shower was not constructed properly so the tiles have separated from the walls and water is causing further damage. Lennar told me to re-grout it myself. They will not fix it. Also, the back porch has black mold appearing on the vinyl siding due to a design flaw that Lennar admits to and says they will fix but so far no repairs have been started. The rep for the subdivision does not return calls. Beware of Lennar Homes. Don't have any expectations for assistance even with a warranty. They have no pride in workmanship at all. They go cheap and too bad for the buyer!

When I purchased my home I was very excited. It was my first home and me and my fiance were starting our lives together. There were a lot of little things that I kept noticing wrong. Cracked tiles that when the tile guys replaced them were left hollow but because lennar only allows one tile replacement that has to be done in the first year, when all the replaced hollow tiles brook the washed their hands with it. The dryer vent was stucco shut and could have caused a fire if my dryer guy didn't see it. Cracks in the walls are not being covered by them. Screws for the drywall are pushing through the drywall because they were not properly put in. Nails in the stairs carpet that stick straight up and stability you in the foot.

For those I was told that when ever I found one to just hit it with a hammer. The metal sills for the windows separated from the wall on its own after 1 year (when the warranty runs out). The spacing between the homes has turned into swamps because they didn't install the gutters until the homes were up for months and the grass was all dead. Now they refuse to repair that area. And now to top it off we had a termite treatment done on the homes that would protect for at least 5 years but now my neighbor already had to tent his house for termites. All in all it has been one issue after the other. Lennar is a cheap developer who uses the least expensive subcontractors to wrap up their unimpressive construction. The only good thing is the location they choose for the neighborhood.

If you are considering buying a Lennar Home... "DO NOT." They are a CHEAP BUILDER! My walls do not connect with the ceiling! I'm having a seal test done tomorrow and will let you know how sealed this house is! I have lived in Texas (Ft Worth area) for 33 years and Lennar has been the worst, cheap house I have ever bought!

My fiance and I went to a Lennar build site in Indian Land South Carolina. We intended to purchase a new build there. We put down $3500.00 in earnest money, and my fiance was given a preapproval letter for the home loan. We did everything asked of us, and watched as our house was built. When it came time to close we kept getting the runaround, and then received a closing date of this Friday 7/15/16. Monday the 12th we received an email saying that the underwriter did not approve the loan. Why - because we live in GA, but work from home. They said they can't understand that someone would work in GA but live in South Carolina. Again they were given proof that we work from home and can work anywhere. They denied the loan.

The kicker is that Lennar will not give us our earnest money back. They said the mortgage contingency states that we had to secure a mortgage loan before 30 days. However, they gave us a preapproval letter at the beginning of the process. How would we be able to close on the loan when the house was not built, and they wouldn't allow us to close until it was completed. We were going their approved mortgage company and abiding by their rules. Now they state they are keeping our $3500.00 and will not give us any manager info to complain to. Lesson learned - Don't Trust Lennar Homes. They will take your hard earned money and leave you homeless.

I am one more dissatisfied customer!! We purchased a home from Patriot Homes division of Lennar Homes in 2004. This was at the height of the housing bubble and Lennar was using day laborers for most of their building. We never had the same crew twice, and there was a work crew sleeping on mattresses in the house that was being built next door. Supervisors were never around and I don't think project managers made it there more than once or twice a month.

So, between March 2004 when we moved into our new home and March 2005, we had a truss pop through the floor in our loft, heating vents not attached to anything because the plumbers knocked them off when they installed the plumbing, damaged bathroom and kitchen cabinets, shoddy ceiling and drywalls, and the list goes on and on.

One of my favorites is our curved bathroom walls because the builder installed 17" vents in a 14" wall. Oh, and we had to have all 4 bathtubs replaced because the cleaners who were cleaning the house for inspection used wire brushes on the tubs to get all of the dirt, cement, etc., out of the tubs. The tubs were scratched so badly they could not be salvaged... That is when the installers discovered the truss that had popped through the floor. In addition, we have had leaking windows, ceilings, etc. When the workers couldn't make the floor moulding butt with the floors, they just put in several inches of caulking. We have over 100 nail pops in our home and the drywall taping is peeling off the corners of our house.

This brings me to our much bigger problem. In 2005 when we had our 1 year inspection we noticed a huge crack in the foundation. The builder came and "fixed" it. When we questioned the builder about the crack and our concern about the structure, we were told that, "Oh, that happens to all houses in Virginia." Well, now, 11 years later, the crack is leaking badly, our Tyvek is wet and rotting, and Patriot Homes is no more. Needless to say, Lennar says we have no recourse at all because there was only a 10 year warranty on the structure and foundations of our home. Bottom line, 2004 was the year of the great rip off. Not only for those who got sub prime homes, but for those who were unlucky enough to purchase a home from Lennar. I will never do business with them again. The house was shoddily built and customer service for Lennar/Patriot Homes has been non existent.

Don't believe in this LENNAR Corp nor their lender UAMC until you've your keys in your hands. They take your downpayment, they give you a letter of approved loan and after 6 months of working with your money, they denied your loan. They don't care your financial damages regarding that deal. After 2 more months they give you a bad check for your money back and you start a new wait to re-deposit that check. Be careful doing business with these 2 companies. They take advantage of. They're big and they play with people and their money.

We are totally dissatisfied with our home purchase from Lennar and wish we did not buy from them. We have continually had issues with the house and always send in requests but no one ever shows or communicates with us. The grout is cracking all over the house, the floors upstairs squeak like it is an haunted house, the silicone caulking is cracking in bathrooms and bath cabinet doors are peeling. Nobody ever follows up on the complaints. They ask when we will be home and you tell them and no one shows. Don't wait for an apology call, you will never get one. They says they are always busy, so that means there must tons of issues with all the other Lennar Homes taking up their time.

I don't know if this matters to anyone in Lennar, but we bought a new home from Lennar in Candelas in West Arvada Colorado in 2015. It needed a lot of things done (work) when we moved in. There was a long list of things to be done the week before we moved in and were told they would be done. Most were not done when we closed on the house a week later, and the list continues to grow. We're still fighting to get many of these things done as of today, 5-16-2016.

Between poor quality work, repair work having to be done three and four times to repair the repair work, no one showing up, and having to fight to get what needs to be done I, as well as many neighbors are fed up. No one returns calls or will only answer texts that they want, leaving us in the dark about what's happening. There is no leadership or communication and no one seems to care. What they're heavy on is lip service. Both warranty reps are blaming each other on the problems. This seems to be the standard practice, pass the buck, worry about it later, for Lennar.

The quality of work and worker is POOR. Most workers don't speak or understand English when I try to point out a problem. We're told one thing about a problem that they say they will fix, then it's passed onto someone else, but the next person has no idea what we're talking about. They rarely finish what has been started in a timely manner. They turn a one to three or four day project into four to eight weeks or just walk away and won't return calls.

Ron, the first Warranty rep was clueless and I mean clueless. He lasted five to eight weeks. Jolene ** his replacement, started strong but slowly fell apart and took another job in Lennar two to three weeks ago and basically walked away leaving things incomplete with our house and I'm sure many others. She lays blame on a new guy Ky who doesn't even work over at Candelas. Ky blames Jolene and nothing is getting done.

I've talked with Vince **, the customer service manager, three weeks ago who promised me things would be taken care of now... I've never heard from him since. All people involved that need repair work are being avoided and put off or pacified with "Oh we'll get on that right away, you're at the top of the list." There is no credibility or trust left in their word, very disappointing. We're now told a new warranty person will start next week, no one knows what to believe. We do know he or she will be overwhelmed and we'll have to start over telling our problems again, even tho they're documented with Lennar's customer service.

You get what you pay for with cheap labor, sloppy, sub-quality work and workers. You would think Lennar would realize this, but they either don't, or they don't care. I guess they are making their money and that's all that matters. We paid over $500,000, HALF A MILLION DOLLARS! for our home and we've not been able to fully enjoy it since we moved in last September. Lennar's new motto should be "Lennar, almost good enough to live in".

If there's anything you can do to expose their incompetence, it would be welcome. Frustration is turning into anger, this is not what we paid for. Leadership starts at the top, and it seems to be non-existent for Lennar. Let's see who they pass the buck to on this. Would you buy a new car that needed a lot of work that would take 8 to 10 months and the quality of work and worker was sub par?

I am very disappointed. I bought my brand new home with Lennar in the Bakersfield area. I was helped when buying but now when it comes down to bugs in my home I have no help. There are bugs all over my yard. They have managed to crawl inside my home. My shower, toilets, and sinks are full of these bugs. They are so nasty. We have some in our beds. My poor kids have to sleep uncomfortable. We sit down to eat and they're crawling on our table. How can Lennar allow this? How can they not care for my family? This is horrible. I had two family members interested in buying with Lennar and I have stopped them from making a mistake. According to Lennar it isn't their problem it's the owners problem of the field behind my house. I was told they knew the owner when I was buying. Now that I have asked them to contact the owner of the field they have no idea who he is. Lennar has now lied to us.

I have gone to the news which they made a story about this. We are heading to the city for help now. THIS IS CRAZY NASTY!!! I am not happy at all. This is nasty. Why does my family have to live like this while Lennar does nothing to help. Please don't fall for these homes they suck. I will go as far as I have to for answers. I will go as far as getting a lawyer for some help. This is crazy. Please buy somewhere else not with Lennar. Read all these comments. Be smart. Go somewhere else. Don't make the same mistake I did. Lennar is worthless!!!

Lennar Homes Company Profile