1.31/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

lennar.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

232 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

As a disabled veteran, this was to be my forever home after retirement. I purchased this home in 2007. Unfortunately, it was a model and I wasn't made aware. The outlets were dummies and had not been completed. There is mold and large potholes in the backyard. The grading was done incorrectly and the rainwater goes into the house instead of away from it. Therefore the basement flooded. The carpeting had to be removed and it was discovered a large long crack the length of the entire floor. The entire house has separated from the landscape, along with the front steps and the steps leading from the garage to the laundry room. After the flooding in September 2017, an inspector was invited to the house and noted all of the above discrepancies. It was his recommendation to either move out or make these major repairs. Being on a fixed income, I can't afford to make these needed repairs. Plus I have exhausted all avenues for assistance.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My wife and I are tenants in a single family and townhome community built by Lennar in Miami. We have been living in this townhome for less than a year. We initially were excited about being in a brand new home but since we moved in, we have been dealing with one problem after another. The build quality is very poor. Caulk in the kitchen is already cracking. There are still wall markings from the construction workers on many areas of the house (our landlord should have taken care of this during walk through but still). Screw heads are visible on the walls even with the texturing.

Several electrical outlets either would not work outright or would pop the circuit breaker when used. The downstairs half bathroom toilet wouldn't work and a plumber had to come over and take the toilet off of the floor and eventually fished out a Coke bottle. Construction workers leave trash everywhere in this community so it's no surprise. Now we have zero water pressure coming out of the downstairs half bathroom faucet. The problems continue. After living here and seeing other reviews of Lennar, I would NEVER purchase a home that was built by them.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Purchased the home Fall of 2018 and opened a warranty claim on November and 3 months later still not complete. They send emails back and provide excuses about not being able to schedule trades to come over and fix the problems, but they don’t follow up. I gave them a month advance notice of my scheduled vacation to schedule the trades and they procrastinated and didn’t schedule them. I was out of work for 5 weeks (a 5 week window to complete the work) and they couldn’t do it?

Their quality is very poor. The cabinets are separating from the walls, the tapes on the ceiling coming out, the structure is weak and when you walk just about everything shakes as an earthquake, there was a leak on the entrance of the patio where lots of water came inside and damaged the door and wall, there are huge drops of paint all over the walls and doors as if a teenager painted, rather than a professional and multiple walls are uneven with the baseboards. It is a poor job, and their customer service to get them to handle the claims is the worst. They have asked me multiple times to close the claim so they can reopen it and not age on their cases. This is dishonest and I don’t approve for them to close it until they can schedule the trades, just so they look good on the turnaround of their claims, when they have failed to address the issues. I have attempted to reach out to corporate and higher in the chain without any luck!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Purchased a new home in Herzog Farms in Vancouver Washington. The development was in a great part of town, however that is the only thing going for it. The workmanship is sub-standard on almost every level. The Amazon home package is nothing more than a hodgepodge of different systems that don't communicate well with each other. It would have been better to go with a complete ADT and Xfinity Security system. We have removed the Smart Home Hardware and gone with a complete system from another vendor. The concrete and finished carpentry work is terrible, and they won't warranty it. We have submitted several warranty claims through their warranty system, lots of acknowledgment emails, but no one rarely shows us. 90% of warranty items still unfixed. My advice, do not buy from Lennar.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My husband & I were so excited for the ‘everything’s included’, pride of 10’s for service satisfaction, great incentive package Lennar offered us. As we approached our walk thru and closing we quickly realized the craftsmanship out of the vendors Lennar used were sub par, sloppy and practically made us feel like we were purchasing a resale instead of new construction. The sod was practically dead, and we ‘blue taped’ excessively in every room of the home. We were told the cabinets wouldn’t be fixed in time for closing but the cabinet company would arrange for replacements when it was our time in the queue. I had to send 3 emails and 10 voicemails before they realized our original customer care rep never put in the order.

The vendors on neighboring lots cut our internet service lines twice, got stucco and paint all over the sides of our home. We had to chase Lennar to have it fixed. There was an error with our irrigation and I had to chase that fix. I could keep going. The largest issue I’m now battling is the fact that all of our interior door frames were missed measured and I have 1.5-2 inch gaps at the bottoms. The fix is to go down to studs and reframe. They don’t want to offer solutions to a reasonable fix for us the homeowners. Instead they want us to lose a week of work while they tear our home apart to ‘fix’ their mistake. All while I’m the only one emailing/calling for updates and progress reports. If you want service and a company to stand behind their work then don’t buy Lennar!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

From day one Lennar salesman stated the rear property should have pine straw on it, which plainly stated by the HOA it should be on the golf course zone. In my first HOA meeting they told me the rear property should be sold. Lennar refuses to do so.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased my home the summer of 2018; where do I begin. Do not purchase a home from this builder. My front door was suppose to repaired before I occupied my home. Come to find out all this company did was shift the door so I would check the box to confirm it was completed. After the weather changed the front door of my home shifted back and rain has entered my home to the point where mold is growing in my home. When making this company aware of the situation I was called a liar. They apologized after I had to send pictures of the mold.

Nevertheless, the contractor finally came inside my home to access the mold etc. Guess what? Found my door is crooked, but yet they claimed this door was replaced before I occupied my home. It’s 2019. Mold is still growing and this company is now saying, and I quote "in good conscience they could not expose my home due to weather conditions". The contractor even revealed that this is a defect in several homes. The rest is too long but beware if you decide to purchase your home from Lennar; walk away!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Though our home was constructed by WCI they were bought out by Lennar shortly after completion. The service experience was not good. Some issues were related to HVAC engineering which resulted in cutting out wet sheetrock multiple times. This led to mildew infestation due to delayed repairs. My other major complaint was the non enforcement of the 7 night minimum rental policy. This totally changed the complexion of the property. Too many cars, overcrowding...not what I expected. I must say I bought and intended to live at Lost Key full time. Other buyers were investing in rental property which clashed with my intentions. Do your homework!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Our former CalAtlantic neighborhood was acquired by Lennar and they have been nothing but terrible. ALL the two story homes in our neighborhood have mold and plumbing issues and they even forgot the support beams in one of the homes. They are now “finished” with our small, 31 home neighborhood and there is paint, oil spills on the road, trash from workers, disheveled landscaping and crooked light polls only for Lennar to come back and say “Sorry, you’re on your own.” Please please please heed all the warnings on this awful company. Lennar is nothing but subpar work and unfulfilled promises. Don’t say you weren’t warned!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I thought long and hard before leaving this review but decided that 6 months into buying my new home and things are still not complete was worth leaving a review! So after providing Lennar with my punch list with at least 100 items that still aren’t done and here we are six months later. Now you might be wondering if I’m just being picky. I think not! I just paid shy of $700k for my home and it’s not even perfect. I’ve been dealing with many imperfections and learning to settle for less because we are here six months later and it’s been a daily struggle to get them to send contractors out that can even do things right let alone know what they are supposed to do.

One of the last items on my list is the grading of my property. It floods with every rain and the grass is completely soggy and has been from move in. They have just started to address the issue after complaining for six months. They suggested a drain but clearly the property is poorly graded. Another issue is the paint on the exterior of two windows which do not open and I cannot reach from the outside since they are on the third floor. They send contractors out on rainy days only to say, "Sorry it’s raining. We can’t clean your windows." I’m tired of complaining and waiting which I beginning to think is their strategy so I’ll pay someone to do the work.

With those issues left to be done let me share the other issues... Our interior stairs were done 5 times. They warped, were stained blue and were just done wrong 5 yes 5 times. And now I’m just settling for what I have because I’m tired! My posts are all different shades of brown, the painting and caulking of the stringers is just terrible from all the gauges they made removing the stairs four times. Contractor after contractor have been in my house doing subpar work only to have to have Lennar send out a different one. It’s crazy!!! We have a night light in our bedroom because one of the lights on the dimmer doesn’t turn off all the lights! Let’s just say Lennar lacks attention to detail in a big way. I think the structure of the house is solid and that’s only because it’s still standing but detail is the worst.

They grouted my bathroom and kitchen grout the wrong colors and had to send someone in to stain the grout. No one is paying attention! Where are the project managers on these jobs? Thankfully I worked in construction so I’m able to do detailed work. But why should I have to. I paid good money for my house and expect to get what I paid for! So, Lennar if you’re reading this you need to send a team of people to my house that pay attention to detail and can fix and tidy up my house.

As of late, they used caulk on the kitchen counter between the counter and the tile and now it’s pulling away leaving a gap. Why wasn’t this grouted??? I could spend hours going on and on about their shoddy work. And it’s not just me, my neighbors will tell the same thing. Lennar shouldn’t be in the home building business! The one plus is they have been responsive in fixing things but it takes repeated calls, contractors coming out for the wrong things and not having correct work orders so they can’t do the work. But even then you just get tired of the subpar work that you just fix things yourself. I spent one week having contractors come in around the clock and still not fixed properly. So if you’re planning on buying a Lennar home, read these reviews first! I will never buy another Lennar home!!! EVER!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The roof has leaked almost from the time we moved in. Lennar claims the sealant is cracking and has come out to repair it, yet now a year later it is leaking again and they are telling me the roof only has a 2 year warranty. What roofing company EVER has just a 2 year warranty unless they know it is inferior materials they use. No house I have ever lived in has ever had this issue. I live in the Houston area my whole life and never came across the sealant continue to crack, regardless of the weather and all the hurricanes I have lived through. Does anyone know if there is a lawsuit filed in Texas?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We have had so many issues with Lennar. In the beginning they were happy to fix all the problems they had created with poor workmanship. But not all issues surface right away. We have a plumbing issue under the sink that has gotten much worse over time. The connection to the drain for the dishwasher and ice maker is shared. A plumber I recently paid to "fix" it told me it was originally installed properly. I told him his company does all the work for Lennar! Lennar refused to pay for it. So $200 later it is now worse than it was before. I want to get an attorney as all my neighbors are having the same issues. I just want the appliances and plumbing in my home that I paid a lot of money for to be installed correctly and work!! I would NEVER buy another home from Lennar and tell everyone that will listen to never buy a Lennar home, new or pre-existing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Absolutely terrible experience. My new house is less than 2 years but rain leaking into my house. One year warranty? They are a bunch jokers. I am ready to sue them. Read all 219 one star review from all over states they built. I do not recommend them and I wish other people don't make the same mistake that I made.

If you stay away from Lennar houses, you will not have house headaches. Next time I'll study the builder before I purchase. Learned a painful lesson.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

New home was initially scheduled to be completed September 2018. We planned out move from Philadelphia to coincide with the time frame the home will be completed. We called in April to find out status of the construction only to discover that the paperwork was not submitted to the city of Katy, Houston Texas, for a permit to start construction. As a result, estimated completion date was moved to December 2018, then to Jan 2019 then to Feb 2019. Sad thing is we, my wife, kids (8 and 7 years old) have had to find temporary housing while all these delays continue. Eventually we found out that the delays are due to shabby framing work which the city of Katy failed during inspections (thank you city of Katy). It is so frustrating and there is no sense Lennar gets the frustrations and inconvenience these delays are causing us.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am like others and wish I had read these reviews before buying. Even though I informed Lennar that I could wait to close until the home was complete and ready for move in, they said they needed to close on November 30 as that was their end of year for the company. Many items were on the list to be taken care of before closing. The day of closing only a very few items were done. I was assured the remaining items would be taken care of soon.

From the beginning of moving in the water backed up into the master bedroom shower and bedroom. Drywall had to be removed, carpet had to be removed, it had to dry out, inspected for mold. My bed was delivered the same day as the water back up. The bed could not be set up because of the water issue. This has left me sleeping on my couch and continue to sleep on my couch as of today. No one attempts to keep in contact with me regarding when the drywall will be installed and my calls go unanswered.

In 3 days it will be 1 month since I closed and I celebrated my holiday this year still sleeping on my couch. I purchased a new home to avoid dealing with issues such as this and this is exactly what I have been dealing with along with a long list of items still not completed. I am a senior, recently widowed and this is not how I pictured spending my days in my new home.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

To give you an idea on our current situation, let’s just list everything room by room. Garage: Hole under the steps that a mouse subsequently got in to. Joe came out personally to fix this. He has quite literally been our saving grace this ENTIRE process. Luckily no other issues have been had with the garage. Mud room: The transition piece where the tile meets the hardwood is too high. We were notified of this before settlement. We settled November 29, the tile company still has not fixed this. In fact, we were told they probably won’t until at least mid January. Again, we settled November 29. Closet next to the pantry: We were notified prior to settlement due to the merger this downstairs closet would now have a ledge instead of being a full closet. We were not notified of this until JOE told us. Again, he has been the only one helping and giving us correct answers.

Office: The cabinets are horrific. There’s added pieces to the cabinets we were literally never informed of by anyone including the design center. We had intended on refinishing the cabinets after move in but they are warped and so incredibly cheap it becomes pointless to try to reuse them. Warped and chipped cabinets were not what I thought we were ordering. Had we known, we would’ve upgraded. Everything else in this room is fine. Den/office: Other than forgetting to paint over areas that were re spackled there are no issues in this room either.

Kitchen: Again, same horrific cabinets and there’s a lot of them. Chips in cabinets from who knows what. Some are warped which is great considering now I know they warp easily so I’m sure that’ll be a wonderful expense to have to redo our entire kitchen who knows how long down the road. Chips in the hardwood. We were told to just get a marker. Absolutely not am I fixing hardwood I paid for with a $2 marker. AND the hardwood color is incorrect. No matter how many times they tell me the names match. They don’t.

The piece in the model home looks absolutely NOTHING like the piece from the design center. We took multiple photos and the floor was a dark gray almost charcoal color. Our floor is medium brown. It’s not the same color. I took photos with the piece of hardwood next to all the other choices from that day and everything else looks exactly the same, except the hardwood. We paid to have it extended to other areas of the downstairs and it’s not what I paid for, at all.

Morning room: Fine except chips in the paint/random beads of spackle. Living room: When you look up you can see every single area there was tape holding together drywall. There was no attention to detail. It does not look good. There’s paint on the hardwood from when they painted the trim. The walls got a single coat of paint which is evident considering it already chipped off in a plethora of places and the paint job wasn’t good either. We already had a professional painter out to go over almost the entire downstairs. It was that bad. Downstairs bathroom: We completely redid this bathroom. There were so many issues already. Front door: The posts were crooked but luckily fixed prior to moving in however the overhang above the door is still off center and looks awful. It doesn’t line up with the door or the window above it.

Downstairs windows: There’s a decent amount of windows needing to be replaced that Joe is already working on. But the fact we need 5+ window repairs already should be telling enough. Basement: Sump pump had an issue that was fixed. And then another issue that was fixed and then it still almost flooded our basement with all of my mother’s personal belongings as we were intending on finishing the basement for her. They fixed it again, we will see how long until something else breaks or almost floods. The only reason we caught this was thanks to OUR PERSONAL contractor. It was an inch from flooding and once he found it and fixed the issue, it subsequently flooded my neighbor's yard.

Joe has already been out to install piping to have it drain into our backyard instead of the enormous puddle of water that was forming next to our home in the dirt instead. The piping looks ridiculous but for now, it works. The egress window was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. If they power washed the outside, maybe clean the inside too before settlement? There’s mud everywhere and also on the floors, luckily they were unfinished. Stairwell: The stained railing doesn’t match the hardwood and it looks thrown together. Luckily Joe came back with two people to help try and fix it. Upstairs: One of the bedrooms had electrical issues that had to be fixed not once but three separate times. Which is concerning considering these are all issues we can see. Who knows what’s going on behind the walls at this point.

Upstairs hall bath: One of the tiles is cracked and splintering. Someone put grout OVER A SPACER. The spacer is between the toilet and a piece of tile and they just went right over a nickel sized spacer. There’s areas where grout or caulk is missing entirely. We had to have a fixture in the bathroom replaced already due to it being installed incorrectly and leaking. It looks awful. We didn’t know quality was going to be an upgrade. The framing around the mirror still hasn’t been completed.

Master bathroom: Same issues as the hall bath. Caulk/grout missing from areas. Tile cut on an angle so it doesn’t sit right around the tub. I just cleaned yesterday and the amount of grout that chipped off was about a cup full. There was no attention to detail. It looks terrible. The cabinets in the bathrooms are also warped with chips in them as well. The framing around the mirror still isn’t done. There were 2 light bulbs missing from the light fixture above the sink. Laundry room: The thing the washing machine sits in is about 8” too far to the left which makes it extremely cramped with the washer and dryer in there. We were told that would be moved as well but are still waiting on that.

Outside: When we first came to the development, we asked about the association documents and fencing. We wanted our fence to be a 6’ privacy fence and a shed ON THE PROPERTY LINE. We were told it was currently 4’ but it was already in the process of being changed. This was in May. In early November prior to settlement I asked for confirmation on that as I was getting pricing together for our fence and were told no, it was only change to 4.5’ - after a lot of emails and phone calls, we got an email stating it had in fact been changed to 6’. A few neighbors had already put up fences at this point. However, we just recently found out that we have an easement on our property! Apparently the “temporary swale” we were told about that was installed the DAY we moved in, isn’t actually temporary and it is an easement on our property we were never ONCE informed of.

So now the property we chose due to it being larger than our last house and far away from any type of water, now had an easement due to water that we would have to sacrifice 10’ of yard if we wanted to build a fence. 10’ may not seem like a lot but when you only have a quarter of an acre and planned to use every inch of that, 10’ now makes the yard smaller than our old house completely defeating the purpose of moving to this homesite. HAD WE KNOWN WE WOULD'VE CHOSE A DIFFERENT HOMESITE. I do not want a house with an easement. I do not want a house with a swale in the backyard. I do not want a house with all of these constant issues. I do not want to be stressed out living in my own home! Not to mention if you ever have an emergency, don’t bother calling their “emergency” line because they won’t send anyone out until maybe Tuesday anyway.

Our basement flooded due to being too close to water and a sump issue at our previous house. We looked at blueprints and asked every question in the book to make sure WE WEREN'T NEAR ANY TYPE OF WATER. So finding out there’s an easement has been absolutely infuriating. I no longer want to live in this house and selling it I’m sure would be a nightmare as we now have to disclose that there’s an easement on our property that we were never told of. Thanks Lennar! Thank you for making it so ungodly stressful, especially during the holidays! Thank you for making a beautiful model home with cabinets and running water in the basement which apparently isn’t even allowed by our borough so we can’t finish the basement the way the model home was finished! Thank you for our property by telling us there’s no water running or standing.

Thank you for making a special moment into an absolute month long nightmare. We had no choice but to move in. Was it unlivable? No. But do I enjoy living in an unfinished house where something goes wrong almost daily? Absolutely not. Do I enjoy having to make phone call after phone call to get absolutely nowhere? No. Joe has been the ONLY ONE who’s actually been here fixing things because YOUR subcontractors made mistakes. He can’t do it all and clearly Lennar doesn’t care, they got paid!

Meanwhile we are living a constant nightmare with having to worry about well what’s going on behind the walls? Is our house going to go up in flames with all of us inside because of more faulty wiring we can’t see? Is our house going to flood because we can’t babysit a sump to make sure it doesn’t break for a fourth time? This isn’t a matter of being picky. This is absolutely ridiculous that anyone needs to be dealing with this, and then add having 3 small kids into that. 3 small kids that can’t even play in our yard because it’s currently a pile of mud. There’s barely any straw down anymore. It is a giant pile of mud that does nothing to soak up water which only increases worries of the basement flooding.

This isn’t even all of our issues, these are just the ones I’ve had absolutely enough of. Something needs to be done but at this point unless the easement magically disappears along with the other issues, I don’t foresee us staying here long which is going to be a great amount of money lost and I don’t foresee us or anyone we know EVER buying a home with Lennar or ANY of its associates ever again. You need to make this right. Not Joe, not Holly, not Matt. Whoever is “in charge” of hiring subcontractors and making sure quality isn’t an upgrade. Whoever is in charge of disclosing easements to home buyers. Because guess what? Our neighbors had NO IDEA there was an easement either. So someone is hiding things to get a sale. You got your money while we are out the home we were promised. Someone needs to make this right.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

After delaying our closing 30 days the "finished" product we received was far from complete. We have had numerous issues on the first 2 weeks of ownership. Plumbing issues...total drain back up. No water pressure...no hot water at certain sinks. Electrical issues...no outlet installed in bathroom on the plans. Outlets not working. Irrigation system not wired. Garage door not working. Appliance issue...gas burner cooktop won't ignite. Construction issues. Horrible job by painters. Caulking issues. Weather stripping around doors...doors that don't close. Punch list not completed. Door frames broken. Sub floor on stairs creaking. Stuff left under carpet at install.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

On October 30, 2018 I purchase a new Lennar home in San Tan Valley. On November 16, 2018 I filed a service ticket with Lennar. I had listed all the repairs that I thought could and should be done right away. There are other things I did not add to this list. I had reported that the heat is not working, there is paint droppings all over the floor in every room as well as on the toilet seats and tanks (I have 3 bathrooms), the window blinds are not closing properly, the counter-tops in the bathroom having black scratched and needing to be re-polished, Master shower has scratches and the caulking around the shower needs to be redone and the landscapers need to fix the leak in the front.

I received a call from Chad that very day. While speaking to Chad he advised me that he hasn’t spoken to the Air Conditioning and Heating Company and would call them right away to set up an appointment. As soon as I hung up the phone with Chad; that very same company calls me. I asked how they knew I needed service and told me that Chad – the guy who just told me he DID NOT speak with them - gave them a call and gave them my number. When the heating guy came that night I asked why the heat wasn’t on/working. He advised me that when the house was built in the summer they do not/can’t test the heat.

Well, dear Chad told me he himself tested the heat before I purchased. If that is the case I would like to know why it worked for him and not me. I would also like to know why the actual technician who does not work for Lennar told me that they never connected the heating part because they do not do that until the house is complete. Apparently, no one called to connect the heating prior to that me purchasing. I am really confused on how Chad was able to test the heating when it wasn’t connected.

I never heard anything back from Chad. I had to call him on the 20TH of November and ask, "What is the time frame on taking care of everything else on the list?" Chad advised me that he would not be able to come to my house until November 27TH. The weekend before Chad came I cleaned the floor and put down some blue tape on the floor where some of the paint glue and grout was. That took me on my hands and knees 3 hours.

When Chad came we went through what needed to be done. I showed Chad the glue, paint, caulking and whatever else it is on the counter-tops in the bathrooms, I also indicated the bathtubs that had to be cleaned and polished. We went through some of the window blinds – Chad told me they work fine yet I still could not close one without it getting stuck. We agreed he will still send someone out.

While walking through the house I explained to Chad that I did not mark all of the areas or spots. I advised Chad that his trades will have to crawl on their hands and knees to capture all the droppings, glue and grout. Chad advised me that would not happen and the trades will only do where I indicated. I was also made aware that I CAN NOT clean my house so that the tape stays down. At that point Chad also mentioned that it will take him a week to schedule the trades. I asked why when he knew about this for almost 2 weeks. The answer was “I did not know what needed to be done”. OK so me saying that there are paint droppings, glue and grout on the floor means nothing to a construction manager.

I have to be honest and say that I was very mad and disappointed. I did let Chad know that. Now can you imagine that after all of that I still did not get a call from Chad about anything? I called him on the 29TH and kept on top of things because let’s face it he isn’t taking care of it. I was told by Chad that he would take care of everything and that I should not worry. We set up a date for all the trades to come and that I will have someone at home to show them what to do. I did tell Chad that the most important is the flooring being I can’t clean my house. He schedules the trades for December 3, 2018. This is over two weeks since I placed the service repair order. The landscapers came and said it was not a leak but I was watering too much; funny how I still have the same puddle in front of my house after they adjusted the watering time.

The painters came. Got some of the paint off in every room but did not get one room done. It would have been better if they got one room done and move on to the next. I received no call or text from Chad telling me that they are not finished. Chad never contacted me to schedule another time for the painters. I was assured by Chad that this will be taken care of that day. Which I was pissed that it wasn’t. First I was tired of being lied to; I was tired of leaving with blue tape all over my house. I had put more tape down after Chad had told me that the trades are not going to do anything that I have not indicated; so now my floor is literally filled with blue tape everywhere. I was also very mad and disappointed that now I will have to take time off work and deal with something I shouldn’t have to. This is a brand new house it should not have these problems.

When I got home and saw that almost nothing has been done I called Chad and wasn’t very nice with him on the phone. I left him a message basically telling him that I will be filing a complaint and that I do not want to deal with him anymore on this. Again I do not need to be lied to or manipulated by Chad. I was very angry and had just about enough.

December 4 in the morning I got a call from Chad again trying to smooth things over and make nice. I am not a bad person but I do despise when people lie to me. I decided to just let things play out and see what happens. Chad told me that he will again take care of it. I think saying “complaint” made a difference. I think the fact that I also said I do not want to deal with him anymore also got the message through. On the same day I got a call from Allan I believe is his name. He is the district manager I want to say. While speaking to this guy he basically tried to get me to understand that it was an employee dropping the ball. Really I do not see it that way. Does anyone else? I can see that was the case if I wasn’t contacting Chad so much once I realized he needs hand holding in this matter.

Chad knew of everything that needed to be done and fixed; there is no reason why the trades were not scheduled to come. His thing was, "Let’s move forward and fix it"; which is what I want. However, the lack of understanding and compassion when talking to this guy was evident and very lacking. I gave both men a date of December 7th or the 14TH to have every trade come and finish whatever they need to do. Of course they picked the 14TH which I could not wait until then to clean my house. I sent pictures of all the rooms with the blue tape everywhere to both Chad and Allen.

On the 14TH when Bill showed up at 7:45 AM we walked the house with NO TAPE and I showed him everything that needed to be done. As the trades came Bill took care of everything. I got my dog and went into my office with the door closed. As I came out to check the progress I was asked to check things. I had to repeat myself a few times on what is needed to be done. I had to walk around the house and check that everything was done. For instance I asked Bill if the doorknobs were all done (clean of paint). When I was told they were all done I was surprised to find paint on a knob while opening a door. I had to at that point inspect everything and noticed that they are not cleaning all the door knobs. It was like babysitting kids. How difficult is it to go around and clean paint off of all the doorknobs? Is there some magical way to say “all the door knobs need to be cleaned off of paint?”

There are still paint droppings on the floor. However, I must say for there not being any blue tape on the floor the trades did do a good job so far. And best part they did crawl on their hands and knees to find things. Chad was mistaken (no surprise there) about them not being able to do that. The thing that is still not done is the bathtubs and bathroom counter-tops. The Fiberglass guy did not show up until it was time for them to leave. The appointment was between 8AM and Noon. I had things I needed to get done that I scheduled after 12 O’clock not realizing they should have told me it will be a whole days appointment. I stayed at home until 2 PM. I just couldn’t deal with things not being done and being told they are.

When I asked Bill if the second bathroom is done and said yes, again that was not true. I pointed out all the things that need to be done still. The fiberglass guy was working on the master shower at that point. I do not understand why trades can’t take care of one thing at a time and move to the next. That way I will have two bathrooms done now vs none. Well, the 3RD bathroom is getting a new counter-top because there is too much “stuff” in/on it to fix.

To close this out I have to say that it has been very hard to deal with Chad and at this point Allen too. Once Bill left I had text Chad and Allen to advise them that a trade come after Bill left and what still needs to be done. One of the text was me telling Chad he should kiss Bills feet because if it wasn’t for Bill I would have filled that complaint and that Chad royally “F” up.

I get a call from Allen telling me not to speak to his guys like that. I should be happy with the progress and what is my problem. That he doesn’t understand why I said that. I should just let the past be the past and move forward. Well, Allen first I could have told you the same… Why are you calling me that was in the past… Allen you will have to be an understanding human being for you to understand why I said that. Honestly, you sound very bitter, unhappy and I am not to blame for that or should I have to experience this manhandling from you.

This is a BRAND NEW HOUSE. It should not have all of this repair work in it. That counter-top in the 3RD bathroom should have never been installed in the first place. Do not act like you are doing me some big favor by replacing it. What kind of construction manager you have working that allows such sloppy work? This is not on me and do not think for a second because I am a woman you can get away with talking to me like I am your **.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My husband and I referred a friend to the neighborhood. At the time Lennar had their Refer-a-Friend program up and running. The new homeowners receive 500 dollars off closing costs and the people that referred the new homeowners receive 500 dollars via mail. It has now been 18 months later and I still have not received anything. When I reached out to Dana **, whom is a manager within the company, she did not respond and refuses to answer my emails. Why would anyone want to live in a community that offers poor customer service? No one wants to live a community of liars and people that do not follow through. Such a shame because the houses are gorgeous.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We built our home in Clermont, Florida in Hunters Run in June 2014. In December 2014 we discovered a significant amount of water penetrating into our master closet. Here we are 4 years later and we still have water entering our home any time it rains. A puddle develops in the master closet and also in the master bedroom close to our bed. The musty smell is intolerable and very strong. Mold was discovered and the builder is still treating this as a though it were not very important. A professional stucco inspector discovered that the stucco was improperly installed and not compliant with state building code. The upstairs floor joists are not properly anchored to the block and also in violation of code.

Today during a brief storm a significant amount of water has accumulated. I feel that this house is falling apart and it is less than 5 years old. Since we first discovered water in the house we have raised 3 children and my wife is pregnant now. If we have had enough time to create 3 humans shouldn't there have been enough time for the builder to correct this issue? They could have completely demolished and rebuilt this house in that amount of time!! Do yourself a favor and find another builder. These homes look nice but I have plenty of neighbors experiencing serious issues related to construction defects.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews before I closed. I was promised on the final walk through the issues and there were many of them, would be done if I would just trust Lennar. I trusted and hardly any of the work was finished before I moved in. There should be a law that fines the builder for not performing the work promised. Imagine spending more than a quarter of a million dollars on a home and on the delivery day I received a call saying, "The keys are in the electric box on the side of the house... Have a happy day!!!" Terrible builders and terrible follow up. I wish I had read the reviews first. I had to choose between one and five stars but if I could I would have choose minus five stars! Terribly unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Don’t go to settlement until it’s right!!! The walkthrough was horrible. Put in a position where we had to close otherwise we were going to be homeless with 3 kids. The number of incomplete issues... the list is too long to post. So terribly disappointed. Apparently quality is now considered an upgrade. Call customer service for a plumber that will be out in 1 hour... never came. Main water valve leaks, sump pump trips. Time for the lawyers. I cannot believe a home was delivered in this condition!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We have had issues from the start. To be honest in many cases there should have been just a simple solution, but due to the drive to close on as many homes as possible leading into quarter end, we felt like we were pressured into closing. The close date was a bit agile but once it was locked in we waited for paperwork. We used Lennar's title company assuming that would make for an easier transaction. We emailed on the closing date - 10 days, - 9 days, - 8 days all the way to - 2 days prior, asking to get a copy of close documents for our attorney to review. In one of the last emails we stated we were no longer expecting to close on the original date since no one had responded or provided any documents as requested.

We got documents on the AM of close. We then asked for 36 hours as it was now almost midday on Friday. We were denied the request and told if we did not close and wire funds we were in breach of contract and we will let the courts handle it from there. And that the issues were with the title company that Lennar owns. We even offered to produce proof of funds but were still denied time to review. So we were faced with close or risk losing approximately 40k. Nice way to start off. Legally since we paid cash there isn't anything on the books that says you need to give us docs with adequate time to review. So no law was broken. I was told that by Moses after he explained to me that they had over 500 closings that week. To which I responded, "Just because you can do something to someone doesn't mean you should." He found that amusing.

On my first trip in person to the home we arrived at 9 PM, we found an extension cord running from my front door to the site next door. I took picture and called the emergency line and the construction manager to report the issue. Next we thought we would take a shower to find someone had shut off the main to the home.

The next day no one from the construction site or Lennar Corp would take responsibility. Lennar has a policy when you catch vendors stealing electric. They want you to gather 3 months of bills to get a benchmark & and then try to isolate a spike in use... (We had owned the house 25 days.) I explained that their policy does not apply as it was impossible to use in this case. After escalating through 5 layers of management they finally paid the bill. No one took responsibility for shutting off our water. We also found gutters that carry rainwater away from the house were crushed. And the baby fence at the pool had a grommet almost an inch above the patio creating a tripping hazard next to the pool. I was informed that was in their internal punch list.

The next visit we found another extension cord running in to charge the pool vendors tools. We went through all the same channels and Lennar did come by to review and went over the vendor to apologize. No one has offered to pay this bill. In the same visit we found out sprinkler head was dug up. A dumpster in front of house. Cement flung against screens, windows, Lanai. 2 Beer cans on the lawn. And watched on our security camera as they pulled up a temp fence and dragged it across the lawn over the "private residence" sign leaving 2 steaks and a bucket worth of sand and mud on my driveway.

I took pictures of all and contacted the construction manager of the site Chris. Chris told me that he isn't a home watch service. I explained that he is responsible for construction sites in either side of my home and if they stealing or vandalize my property while building it is a construction management issue. He disagreed and told us to call the police, which I did. It has now been over 75 days and the danger by the pool has not yet been fixed.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I don't have a Lennar Home, but live in a community which is run by Lennar, Artesia in Naples, FL. My home is surrounded by 4 other homes that Lennar is building. I have had issues from the get go. Building around me started in June 2018. Crews were stealing my water, leaving trash and debris everywhere (in yard, on pavers, etc.). They also leave nails, screws, etc. everywhere and I have had to purchase a new tire due to a nail puncturing mine. There are dozens of residents in my community who have had issues with Lennar building around them. Lennar took over in my community in 2016 and has yet to submit a copy of their liability insurance policy which is required per Florida Statute (FS 627.4137).

The HOA still does not have a copy of it which is absurd. I am in the process of addressing corporate and pursuing litigation if that's what it takes to get the issues rectified. I am in dismay that a multi-million dollar company operates like this. I am even more taken back that they remain in business with all of the negativity associated with their name. They have an F rating on the BBB and yet they just keep building away. This company is extremely mismanaged and only cares about their bottom line and nothing else. They surely don't care about building quality products and satisfying their customers.

There seems to be no oversight or quality control which only enables and exacerbates negligence. I will pursue this issue to the end and I hope everyone that is involved with Lennar from a complaint perspective will keep pushing their issues until they are resolved. Send certified letters to corporate, call and email daily, keep written records and photos, build your case. This is the only way there will ever be recourse. Lennar has dropped the ball for so long and needs to be held accountable.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We bought our home new in 2006. There were a number of problems that did not all get fixed in the first two years despite my chasing after the company. They basically disappeared after the housing market crash of '08. I was also very ill at the time too so things fell by the wayside. One item that I have to tell about was what I found in the space above the closet in the master bedroom. The home design allowed for a shelf to be formed between the top of the closet and the ceiling. I got up there one day to see what was up there.

Besides the large globs of drywall compound that did not get cleaned up, there were two empty Coors beer cans. The Mexican laborers the plaster guy hired were drinking on the job. But to make the matter worst, from a "where's the home builder's inspectors?" perspective, the painters sprayed right over the cans. He couldn't not see them and couldn't be bothered to remove them. I can show you today where the wall wasn't painted and the shape of the cans is clearly visible. Great inspection work, Lennar!

In the past three years, my illness has abated and I became more active with house projects. That's when I found a whole slew of serious problems that I never found before and that should have been caught by the builder. First, in the breaker box, many of the breakers are mis-tagged. I had to disconnect the water heater, so I turned off the breaker marked "Water heater". Good thing I have electrical training. I tested the wire connections in the heater with a meter. They were live. If I had made contact with those wires, that would have been it for me. The right breaker was marked "Air handler". Just about half of the major lines were mismarked.

Another time, I had to replace a breaker. As I inserted my screw driver in the cabinet to loosen a screw, it contacted a hot wire and ground, causing an arc that burned both the tool, wiring and cabinet components. Again, my trade training paid off and I wasn't hurt. Upon inspection, I discovered that whoever stripped the casing off the wires during the breaker box wiring, they cut through the inner insulation down to the copper conductor. They had to have seen this, but instead of fixing it, they just left it for some poor sucker to find the hard way. 90 percent of those working in the box would have been like me and got away with no harm. Too bad about the other ten percent.

My driveway developed a small crack towards the top of the slope, up near my garage. No big deal, it's the nature of concrete. But about a year ago, I began to have a tiny wet spot form at the crack. As time has gone by, that wet spot has gradually gotten bigger. Even on the hottest 110 degree summer days, it's wet. I notice that it is direct line between my meter and the vertical water pipe coming into the house. Now I have had other homes and I never had the water main leak and I have never heard of anyone who had. Research has determined that those water lines between the meter and service riser just do not leak if they are installed correctly; the operative word being "correctly". One plumber said that I would have better odds of getting hit with a meteorite than have the main line leak, but that wet spot is now nearly 18" around the crack. Quotes to fix it run into the thousands of dollars.

None of these things are a result of a naturally aging house. Those labels didn't just rearrange themselves nor did the wires spontaneously slice their own insulation. And that water main, which is going to blow a column of water into the air and wash out the sides of my driveway one day soon did not just begin to leak without some assistance. I imagine when that line is uncovered, there will be nails, staples, ceramic tile pieces and other construction debris abrading away in defiance of the building code. How do I know? Because I have found that same debris in the dozens of places were I have fixed leaking irrigation lines. Another one of Lennar's parting gifts to this homeowner.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Long story short, worst service ever! Closed December 30 2017 and items on walkthrough still not complete. We have been emailing customer service since January. It is now November 2018. Customer care guy replied, "Why are you waiting a year to bring this up?" It was written on walkthrough before closing, why is Lennar waiting a year to take care of it and they put it back on us like it's our fault these issues weren't addressed. Don't call us customers if you treat us like dirt! We asked for cc tech to contact his manager by text or phone call and request a meeting, he replies back that he doesn't text his boss! Really, what kind of employer is that where you don't/can't text your boss? Right whatever! I could go on and on... WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Stay clear of Lennar!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We're military and transferred to CA in July. We flew back and forth to do whatever was needed to close on our home. During the process several times I felt like we needed to walk away and we should have. When we told the lender we changed our minds she would always have the lady in the sales office contact us to resell us on the home. We went through the preferred lender which we hated. Every time something was turned in they would ask for it again. The loan officer Valerie could be a piece of work and so I decided not to deal with her and have my husband to speak with her instead. So we closed on our home unfortunately and the mortgage was sold off immediately to some low budget company. Since the end of July we have had countless issues. One thing that we noticed when doing our walkthrough was the wet spots and water flowing to the street from the front yard. This issue still has not been resolved.

Another major issue was the glass shower leaking water all over the floor due to it not only being improperly sealed but put up incorrectly. It took a few visits of the blame game to get it semi resolved. Another of the major things was the flooring popping up all around downstairs. That was finally "fixed" last week. The company sent numerous people out that was saying they were coming to repair/replace (if they showed up at all) but instead they had a pissing war with the supplier on who was going to fix it. So finally an inspector came out to determine who was responsible for replacing it. Now while we were waiting on that situation to be hashed out we noticed a metal beam exposed by our back door and the only thing that was done about that was paste was put over it and spray painted.

Now we have a kitchen sink that is leaking between the granite and the under mount, and a heater that doesn't work with 4 kids in the home in 30 degree temps at night, and I'm scheduled for a surgery in the morning. I've made several calls today and received the runaround after dealing with cold temps all weekend and assuming they were closed for Veteran's Day. It's 8:35pm and still no resolve even after contacting the emergency line. The on call guy Jeff asked if I knew who did our HVAC. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know that and we've been leaving messages all day and tried to put a warranty request in online but the link isn't there. This is totally unacceptable. I've read other reviews as well in CA and I see I'm not the only one having these issues. I will be speaking with a attorney in regards to this immediately.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My experience buying a home with Lennar was exciting. I was looking forward to moving into my new home since it was my first home. The first day I moved in the shower curtain rod fell when I was giving my 10 months old a bath. I called them and they blamed me for putting a heavy shower curtain on the rod. A month after I moved in, I noticed that my daughter's room was always colder than anywhere in the house and the window was always fogged up. I called them and they told me that it was my fault because I had a humidifier in the room and that was the reason why that was happening. After about 8 visits by different people, they decided to fix that.

In November, I noticed that my backyard has always been flooded and that I can't go back there since I moved in July. I called them and they told me someone will come take a look at it. After about 9 months going back and forth with them, I finally got a phone call from Catharine ** who said it was my responsibility to make sure that my background stays dry and that it was pretty much my fault my background is wet. Every time I use water in my house, it flows to the backyard and she told me that it was per the county's building code. I was promised that they would come up with something to help fix the backyard and nothing was done. I also have a friend who has the same problem with the flooded backyard.

I get my house cleaned every month by the maid services and they told me that the house wasn't built right because they could see mold formation coming up in different part of the house and this should not be happening to a brand new house. Finally, I put a request in April for my one year warranty. Oh my gosh, it was scheduled for November 12, no show, no call even after I called them after waiting 7 months for them. This is the worst company by far, worst experience ever. I have two friend who bought homes with Lennar within the last year and we all are regretting it now.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We bought a condo at Lakewood Ranch. The interior of our condo was "fair" in regards to finished quality. However, the exterior (common areas of the condominiums) is extremely lower than "average". As part of the Homeowners Association, I created a 65 item punch list of the 2 buildings in our HOA. That was over a month ago. To date: Lennar has addressed 4 or 5 which were the least expensive to repair. The building lights do not turn on consistently. The building electrical panels are not labeled. The mechanical room that houses all lights, alarms and times can be opened because builder did not install strike plate on door. We used a gun wrapper to keep door closed.

The sump pumps for elevator shafts discharge into the area that holds individual a/c units. The flooding is so bad from sump pumps that water nearly enters 1st floor units. Storage door handles are missing. Doors are not painted. We have (4) 30 foot dead palm trees that were dead a year ago. Lennar is not even taking them down. Lennar is a substandard builder, with a below average desire to "do what is accepted as an industry standard". I would recommend against buying anything associated with Lennar. The one right thing, is the golf course. But, Lennar is not maintaining it. ICON Management is taking care of it. So, Lennar can’t get credit for that either.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Lennar is a good company. This complaint has nothing to do with them, and everything do with the unprofessional behavior of one of their employees David **. I would strongly advise all people to avoid doing business with this individual. I have never seen anyone lie or deceive potential buyers as much as he has.

Lennar Homes Company Information

www.lennar.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.