lennar.com

1.1/5 (57 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Leaky roof, temporary fix with continued issues. My home here in Georgia was built in 2019. So far, I need roofing repair, window sealants, cracked brick, sheetrock repair, my kitchen faucet has been replaced, dishwasher needs replacing, electrician bills because Lennar added too many electrical items on 1 breaker & that had to be restructured, outdoor paint peeling, sinking floors due to uneven foundation. Hey, I don’t care how desperate you are to buy home, buy it with another company unless you plan to sleep at your construction site & monitor everything at all times or deal with a heap of issues. It’s not worth the headache.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

In San Antonio (Potranco Run subdivision). I purchased in the last phase section. Everyone that I know that purchased in this phase was told that the vacant land at the main intersection (Sebastian Farms and Maskette) would be common area that would be landscaped like a park. Lennar left the subdivision leaving that vacant lot with no landscaping. It is nothing but weeds and rocks. In a gated community with homes over $350,000 you would expect better common areas.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

We purchased our newly constructed home in Nov. 2019. Recently, we noticed misaligned, warped lumber used for facia. Filed a request for correcting this, the representative said, it is not covered by the warranty. Fix it yourself! Awful. A builder that claimed to build us quality homes and promised outstanding customer service, does such a terrible job, have lumbers separate at joints in 2 years and indicate they are not responsible. Buyers be aware!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

This was the absolute WORST decision we ever made. Our home was supposed to be done in April 2022- We are now in August, and they continued to delay with a new problem each week. They set a hard closing date of July 29, 2022, but then we learned the house didn’t have a gas meter so once again, delayed. During these months of delays, the interest rates kept rising, causing our estimated mortgage payment to increase by nearly $1000. My husband is a long time AC tech in the valley with 25+ years of experience. When we did the walk through, we noticed the AC unit was too small for the sq footage- the construction manager informed us they do this for all the homes. After reading reviews, we believe him! Your unit will run constantly just to try and keep up and your electric bill will be outrageous. Seems many people are having the same issue.

The lumber warped before move in which is another reason closing was delayed. They had to cut the drywall on every single door/closet frame and straighten out the crooked lumber. For half a million dollars- this is most definitely not worth it. They refused to work with us and refund our earnest money after all the issues that were caused by their team! Shirley ** is extremely rude, unprofessional, and very unhelpful. There must be some recourse for all the new homers that got stuck with homes that have nothing but problems. AC units that were deliberately installed, knowing they are too small for the home! This is absolutely unacceptable!!

Original review: July 30, 2022

Lennar Homes are not worth the money. Poorly built, plumbing not up to code, electrical issues throughout and doors not installed correctly. Added to which the community in Kissimmee, Florida was not built with family in mind. There are no parking spaces for visitors anywhere at all and the amenities are very shoddy.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Bill the general contractor in Mc Henry Il. Very unhelpful. Unwilling to assist with problem. Demeaning. Talking down to me as if I were a child. Very very poor service. Just stupidity on my part for dealing with someone treating me like I am 2 yrs old. Would not recommend Lennar Homes as the appliance very very cheap and loud. Bad choice on my part. Very poor quality. Please do your research.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I’m not going to go in to detail as it would be too lengthy. The home we built with Lennar was our third house built & the experience was far & away the absolute worst. Quality of the finish work, lengthy time to correct simple issues and even mishandling and then lying about permits such as Property Improvement Permit. But, for me personally, the thing that convinces me to never, ever build a Lennar home again is their absolute inability, or unwillingness, to offer an apology for any inconvenience whatsoever. In fact, at times some Lennar employees have been downright indignant.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Only two months after moving in a Lennar home, I would have to say that my experience has been nothing but stressful and atrocious. No one in customer service and the construction team does their job and countless appointments and promises have been missed or broken. 3 weeks after moving in, a poorly-installed drain pipe on my washing machine burst, causing water to leak throughout the first and second floors. It was a nightmare; I had to live in a hotel for five days while the fans dried the walls and ceilings, the base boards and flooring had to be ripped out, and the entire first floor ceiling had to be ripped out. I was supposed to be reimbursed for all the meals that had to be ordered for five weeks - the worker has yet to respond after countless emails - and the work has yet to be completed on the damage done almost 9 weeks later - every day I call and text the rep and no one shows up when they promised.

We even showed up at their office trailer to confront the worker and they promise they are working on it, promise more appointments that no one shows up at. The missed opportunities and lack of communication on their part is horrible. They should not be allowed to do this to us, after we spent a good part of our hard earned money and savings to purchase a home, when this experience has been nothing but stressful and thoroughly frustrating. Not to mention the construction is poor and the craftsmanship is mediocre at best; I am sure more problems will arise in the near future. Reading through many reviews others have said similar things. I hope people looking to buy a home will reconsider when looking at Lennar homes, because they will surely regret it.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Don’t buy a Lennar home. They spec a home to a bare minimum meaning your AC unit is running all day just to try to keep up and your electric bill is outrageous.

I’ll happily send photos of Lennar’s handy work to anyone looking to buy a Lennar home. Don’t be fooled by the cold model with great AC. That won’t be your home temperature-wise or looks-wise.

Your home will leak, the roof line will fall apart within 30 days, you’ll have razor blades, rusted flag poles and trash left in your sod for your child to find. You’ll have a high electric bill due to a lack of efficiency and on top of all of that, you’ll be told “Lennar specs to the bare minimum.” By customer service. Oh and when they send someone to repair their mistakes, the contractor will need to borrow your tools because he won’t have any. STAY AWAY FROM LENNAR HOMES.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Beware. The price quoted is nowhere near the actual price. Work with your own agent (Lennar won't share commission) but you need someone on your side, even experienced buyers. Beware, beware, beware. Walk away if you need to. They are only interested in maximizing their profits, at your expense. This is not a good company. This is just my opinion, I never give reviews online, but this is unacceptable in my opinion. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

Lennar Homes Company Information