lennar.com

1.3/5 (51 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: May 9, 2022

I started my first home buying process by going to Lennar for a pre-construction home. After running the credit and prequalifying me, the numbers changed radically, the price was no longer the same, the incentives were lost and according to the seller, the first numbers he gave me were an error, that they were impossible. I do not recommend this company to any buyer, not at all reliable.

Original review: May 9, 2022

The entire purchasing experience has been a nightmare! Over 30 items from walk thru prior to closing never completed. Floors bounce in the house, trim installed over rocks, missing trim, had to contact division VP to even get a response. Look for another builder!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I wouldn’t trust them as far as I can throw. I have proof that they do fraudulent business and they defraud mostly elderly people. I have no problem posting the purchase order that was forged and Lennar knew and all they wanted was a sale. ALI ** from Charles Rutenberg Realty was in on it as well as JEFFEREY ** from LENNAR. Do not trust this company! According to Ali only she can sell Lennar property. WHICH IS ILLEGAL! I just wanna get that out there. I have an email from her in which she states that. Now that this has all come to light… I also plan on reporting every single person involved in this sale to the Realtor board, attorney general etc. I need consumers ESPECIALLY elderly consumers.. DO NOT trust this company and do not trust Charles Rutenberg realty.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Went in to a Lennar Community looking for myself and a client. Was told that they no longer pay commissions to agents. Now, the houses are sold based on a pull out of the hat process. I was given no price sheet or nothing. Just told the models were open. As a former US Home, home owner and an agent that brought many clients to this company, not anymore. Poor customer service!

Original review: April 18, 2022

I'm a fair, neutral, very understanding person when it comes to interacting with people. I will leave positive comments far easier than negative ones and things have to be very bad to leave a negative one. Lennar fits that profile. I have purchased multiple homes in the past few years from diff. builders. Not even a single problem until I started looking at Lennar homes. The main issue w/ Lennar is new sales people speak to customers as though they're dogs. The crazy home market has allowed new sales consultants to act highly entitled and provide the lowest level of respect and courtesy without actually having a physical altercation. I've encountered sales agents from multiple location speak very disrespectfully about even having the "opportunity" and be graced with their presence to purchase a Lennar home. The sales consultants are highly condescending and even after being a highly qualified well approved buyer it didn't matter.

Their mortgage department is just as bad right out of the gate. Very short, curt, and condescending. I honestly think they think people are dogs and should just lay down at how unbelievable disrespectfully and rude they are to customers just to be able to buy a home. The market has turned sales consultants at Lennar into baby Kings and customer into peons. As long as I'm on this Earth I'll never purchase a Lennar product or do business with those people. It's disgusting people are treated and talked to like this anywhere let along purchasing a home.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I am retired widow and since I live alone, I bought a new home because I didn't want to be worried about repairs. I have been in this house 11 months and I have had repairmen out here 4 times already and at this moment, my A/C has been down for a week and there is a separation and chip in the flooring in the living room. Very shoddy workmanship. My home is under warranty until the end of the month. I don't know what I'm going to do after that. I feel stuck. I didn't want to be in a situation like this at 72 yrs old. I could write a voluminous description of all my woes with this house, but I hope this brief summary will keep someone else for ending up disheartened and disappointed.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I thought buying a car was an awful experience, but Lennar’s disingenuous and incompetent sales staff and finance folks were able to show me just how truly miserable buying a new home could be. Awful. This company is like one of those shady used car lots where the greasy sales staff winds back the odometer on all the vehicles on the lot. The homes are garbage and if you use their financing they will back door in as many fees and extra charges to nickel and dime you to death. If you enjoy dealing with slimy sales folks, finance folks who can’t give you a straight answer, and just enjoy the experience of buying an overpriced used car, then Lennar is the perfect developer for you. I can’t wait to watch the class action lawsuits roll in against this company because they deserve it.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I called an agent named Diana in the Tampa region to ask her some questions about my client. She told me they did not have an agent and that it was her off day and hung up. Simple as that. No, I'll look into it. No who are you? Just it was her off day and hung up.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Unfortunately, during the walkthrough we missed some things that were not that obvious at first.  On move-in day and soon after, we noticed a few issues, and reached out to their construction manager and customer care rep. We noticed that our home was not move-in ready. It was filthy (the maid they sent a week later said she "couldn't believe they gave us the house this way.")  I pretty much mopped, swept, vacuumed, and wiped down counters on day one.  Sad. This should have been a very joyful happy occasion for us, instead I spent all day cleaning.

But worse than this, just to name a few.. bedroom closet door was broken (after a few weeks of multiple emails I finally just gave up and fixed it myself.) Front door lock damaged and sloppy paint all over it, (they finally replaced this about a month later)Front door ring sensor missing - (still missing to this day). The outdoor gas fireplace switch is rusted and in poor condition (it's 4 months later, not sure they will ever replace it)master bathroom shower did not drain..  (they finally fixed it 4 months later)holes in garage floor - not sure if they will ever fix this.

Some floor baseboards have gaps - I am guessing they will never fix this, so I have given up on this, just hope we don't have an insect problem in the future or other problems. Window in living room does not open properly - never fixed Our kitchen backsplash looked very sloppy. We ended up hiring our own private contractor to come replace it. Our wood floors have white paint (from the painters spraying the walls) splattered all over as seen in photos. Very sloppy paintwork all around. Looks like they didn't even bother to protect the wood floors when spray painting. Very sloppy paint job on the stair railing as seen in photos. I guess we will have to hire a painter ourselves to come fix this.

At first they slowly responded and seemed willing to help correct some of these issues, but it would take weeks and even months to get some of these things fixed.  BUT like I said some things I am still waiting 4 months later. It's just really sad. Today as I write this review, it's been weeks since they have responded to my last email. It's pretty obvious they just don't care about their customers or the quality of their homes. It's become apparent that they are in the business of cutting corners and not in the business of producing quality.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Lennar builds their homes so close to each other, which does not allow sunlight to shine in that space to allow grass to grow. Most walkways in our neighborhood between homes are muddy with no grass. We are unable to walk from front to back on either side. When I referenced back to builder, they really did not have an answer or solution, other than it is my responsibility. Builder did not install French drains between homes. There is some sort of drain which do not work, therefore water and keep the space between homes muddy and inaccessible. That is on the outside.

Inside I think some corners were cut with lighting. Most window seals are already broken, after the first year. Home is four years old. Everything is out of warranty. Every appliance has needed some type of repair already. Microwave, dishwasher, oven. Builder absolutely refused to correct things like placement of address number on house - opposite side of house where there are no outside lights. Small things are not really small. When there is an emergency or packages continue to be delivered to wrong address. Other things like placement of outside shutters by windows, odd. Only on one side on some windows.

Lennar Homes Company Information