2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.09/5

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: April 14, 2021

When we arrived at closing, Lennar delivered our home with all the wrong finishings, wrong floor, wrong tile. The sales associates lie. They tell you you whatever you want to hear to make the sale. After we moved in - Lennar managed the HOA since the community was still being developed. There is no transparency or communication as to budgets and where our money is going. The assigned HOA President who works for Lennar, Zenzi ** refuses to return emails or phone calls from residents. Very shady company. Poorly built units. Does not stand behind their warranty. RUN!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I am very disappointed in my home purchase through Lennar Homes in the Bryton Trace subdivision. Things started off very rough as we found out a couple of months after signing our agreement and providing earnest money that there was a delay in the development of the land. We went into contract July 2019 and closed June 2020. Throughout the build process we started noticing several things that were off in terms quality and workmanship. As we moved closer to closing a big issue was the numerous Imperfections in our ceilings. It literally looked like someone spread concrete on them and painted them. Our construction manager suggested they float the seams and try making the appearance better. This turned out to be a botched job!!

After making it very clear that I was disappointed the day before closing the construction manager agreed to look into a solution one last time. Well the solution turned out to be to float the seams again and push back my closing which was the same day. I'm still trying to figure that one out since we had our truck packed and deliveries scheduled the same day. I was unhappy but decided to move forward with the understanding that I would never buy another Lennar home again. After a few months we had a few items that lennar took care of. I was determined to not let the issue of the ceilings go. On a couple of occasions we had been told the right lighting will make it better and that opening the blinds improves the appearance. I'm still trying to figure out how either of these are solutions to address poor workmanship.

We have been in the home now for 9 months and there continues to be issues such as nail pops, squeaky floors throughout the second and third floors that make you cringe when on the first floor, squeaky subflooring in the shower which we were told is common with the shower pan based on the manufacturer. Lastly, we have experienced what is referred as thermal expansion to where when water is running it sounds like water is leaking. As second time home buyers we are so disappointed in our decision to purchase this home. We purchased our first home brand new and lived there for ten years and never experienced any of the issues we have in this home. I do not recommend Lennar Homes. I wish we looked at the reviews and used them as part of our decision making process. It's a fact that the current ratings actually are a result of real experiences.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I purchased a new home from Lennar in Brighton Colorado, in August of 2020. Clanton Heating and Air is the installing contractor. My problems started with the a/c system wasn't keeping my home cool. My master bedroom is 10-12 degrees warmer than the rest of the home. The communication between the warranty department and their contractors is laughable. I NEVER get a timely response, if I get one at all. I end up calling, texting, or emailing all parties, as if I'm the person in charge. Not only do I not get paid to organize and schedule these appointments, I have missed A LOT of work because of it.

Clanton has been to my home 4 times now to try and correct performance issues and will need to come out again to try and make the HVAC work, which I know won't help. The owner of Clanton Heating and Air, "Danny" told me that they are not required to properly commission/test/start-up the equipment even though the equipment manufacturer states it should be done, and Lennar is good with this! Now I have a major gas leak, coming from the gas valve in my furnace, due to poor installation, and other parts of my new furnace are starting to fail. The gas valve and induce draft motor both need to be replaced. I'm sure they will claim it under warranty (I'd deny that claim if it were left to me). If proper start up procedures took place, maybe these things could be avoided.

I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of contractors that Lennar and Lennox chooses to have install their equipment as I'm sure this could all be avoided if both companies worked with reputable dealers. I know the Lennox equipment is only as good as the company that installs it. Lennox should have their local management teams hold contractors accountable on how they install their product because it makes Lennox look like they don't care.

My next issue will be the settling of the home. My kitchen cabinets are pulling away from the walls and most recently I've noticed that my living room floor has started to sink? It is now over a 1/4" lower from where it was when we first moved in. There have been 3 people total that I've had a good experience with since we started with our home buying experience. Unfortunately they can't help me.

Original review: April 7, 2021

My husband and I decided to buy a home from Lennar late last year. We were given the option to use Lennar's in house mortgage company Eagle Home Mortgage. We were told that we would receive special incentives ONLY if we used this company. Being first time home buyers, this sounded great! After submitting all of the documents we were told to give the loan officer, we had little to no contact with anyone from the company. Then we received a request for more documentation. In October, I lost my job due to Covid-19. I started a new job in November. To make a long story short, because of this change, we were denied and we lost the house. Do not say yes to this mortgage company if you have any life changes happening during the approval period!!!

Original review: March 22, 2021

Lost key community in Perdido key/ Pensacola Florida is a good name because it is lost. Marina, yacht club call it what you want. It’s no longer there. Oh the condos and homes still are but thanks to sally the Marina and dry storage facilities are damaged to say the least. And there is no plan communicated to the owners as to what Lennar is going to do, when they will start doing it or when it will be completed. General consensus by other owners says Lennar has no plans to rebuild the marina or dry storage facility due in part to the fact they want to sell it. Think twice about buying in a Lennar community. Hurricane hits you will be left on your own. I’m looking to get out and take my losses. The stress Lennar creates is not worth it. Terrible company run by very well off people that do not care about you as a customer.

Original review: March 5, 2021

We bought the house from Lennar, the house looked nice, but after 2 months, the breaker stop working, the company lennar sent us an electrician, they checked it, they said it works fine, since then they sent us electrician about four times, we told them multiple times, the switch inside the breaker it turns back or it is going turn off by itself. After their warranty expired, the issue is continued until now. They ignored us our call. We bought the home in 6/15/2017; look electrical breaker can serve 15-20 years in average. Now I am going to replace by my own within less than 4 years. How the company lennar is cheating us.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Recently, my wife and I decided to tear down a wall in the closet located in the half bathroom. This half bathroom is located directly under the stairs. We wanted to more closet space. After tearing down the wall we found Corona beer bottles, Cans of soda pop, and even chicken wrappers and bones. She purchased the house in 2015, this trash was sitting there rotting for over 5 years. What a disgusting company.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Used sub-par contractor (Juniper) that did not install our irrigation system to code. Installed a 4-zone box and valve system when it should have been at least a 6-zone box and valve system. Ended up with no pressure and all of the pop-ups on the side of the home would not work. Initially contacted builder (Lennar) and they said it was not their problem and we should contact installer (Juniper). Juniper said it was not their problem. We paid $1,100 to have a workable solution with an outside contractor (system not fixed to code, but now works). Lennar refuses to reimburse for a job that wasn't installed correctly and to code to begin with.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Lennar Homes are a cookie cutter factory of homes. The biggest and shadiest side is the finance division. They claim to have the same interest rates as all other Financial institutions. The sales department pushes you to use the finance department. Then you find out that they will not give you the best interest-rate because you’re too far out from your closing date. The sales department tells you one thing that you believe and then the finance department changes it and says they shouldn’t of told you that. In the meantime I’m having to pay over 3% interest because now they have you locked in. They won’t answer your phone calls return your emails. Do not use this company.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I have put an earnest money deposit down on a new home. I was told house would be available within 3-4 weeks and it has been 7 now with no end in sight. The company is price gouging to inflate the market during low interest rate times. This is the LAST house built in the neighborhood and they claim they are waiting for supplies. I have it in writing they will not charge more than 10k above what was quoted when we put deposit down. Very low ethic business standards.

Lennar Homes Company Information