Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.1/5 (66 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: July 21, 2021

Since I purchased a unit that was previously used a model home and being a real estate attorney, I made sure to confirm prior to closing that I would still be provided the builder 1 year limited warranty even on a model home unit. The on-site agent confirmed and there was nothing in my contract stating otherwise. Shortly after I closed, everything shut down due to COVID including Lennar’s vendor that would have provided equipment and set up the wifi and other automated systems which came with the house. I was even willing to do the set up but the Lennar warranty rep was never able to send the equipment and in the end, I bought them on Amazon and self-installed.

Even the punch list items (simple items like peeling dry wall, uneven hand rail stain, etc.) were not timely addressed. It took Lennar over a year to get someone out to inspect and then they eventually totally bailed on the job, giving the excuse that it was not covered due to it having been a model home. I submitted numerous warranty claims, had written proof in the form of texts with the on-site builder and their warranty representative trying to schedule the work for better part of the year leading up to what would have been my 1 year review. Not only did the initial warranty rep schedule calls and then never showed up; the second representative came out to inspect and then days later got transferred without so much as a notification that someone else would be handling my claims; and finally, the last warranty rep tried to cancel an appointment the day we were scheduled to do and go over the 1 year warranty items.

None of the reps even knew that the unit was a model unit until I mentioned that fact to them. It would have benefitted me to lie to them but I chose to be truthful, correct their misinformation and for that Lennar used the prior model home status as reason not to fix items like nail pops and incomplete drywall work. Those are reasonable and customary 1 year requests never mind the fact that the drywall workmanship complaints were ongoing since before closing and never resolved. I was never advised of that there would be no warranty protection because I bought a Lennar model home, closed and was subsequently stonewalled whenever I would request warranty work. I would think twice before trusting this company or the word of their employees.

Original review: July 20, 2021

We loved the location, so we decided to buy. The agent Jonathon ** was very shady. He told us the lot we wanted has already been reserved, he will send us the site map which shows ones are still AVAILABLE. We reserved the lot and looking forward for the updates and closing. 3 months later, we received his update that there are THREE OTHER PEOPLE ALSO RESERVED OUR LOT, now we will have to send in the highest and best offer to complete with THREE OTHER BUYERS, on top of that, the lot/home we chose has went from $509,000 to $685,000.

WTF, when we confronted with Jonathon, he said "I never said that it's guarantee other buyer can't also reserve your lot". The reason we decided to go with new homes because we don't want to deal with bidding wars, and since we have bought homes from Lennar, we felt comfortable with them... 3 months later, we had no choice but to start search again... We will never work with shady Lennar in the future.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Zero stars!!! These low-down good-for-nothing bad actors need to be avoided like the plague. I put good money down for a house in construction...I am a millionaire...But I guess they thought they could sell the house for more money than they were contractually required to sell it to me for and so I just got a call -- weeks into the process, after selling my last house and moving into a temporary rental prior to moving (I thought) into the Lennar home -- that their Lennar mortgage company -- which they illegally force upon buyers -- was illegally and wrongfully turning me down for a mortgage in spite of the fact that I have more money than 90-98% of the customers who walk through their door and I proved it.

Lennar and its out of control mortgage company -- which you have to take (I was given no option to get another mortgage or even pay in cash -- they hung up on me after announcing they would not give me a mortgage (the size of which I'd had on my last house by the way!) -- are violating every federal law and regulation on fair housing and mortgage lending practices and I intend on proving it in court in in complaints to every federal and state agency there is that oversees their industries. I will see that they pay damages -- real and punitive -- for their legal and moral business transgressions.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Recently I wanted to buy a house with this company and Juan Carlos ** in the Davenport/Haines City, Florida area helped us from the beginning. He explained the contract, the most important parts he said, but he forgot to mentioned a BUILDER'S FEE of 1% from the total of the house price - a very important detail when it is more than $3,000.00!!!! When asked about it he said that because I am a Veteran buying I don’t have to pay for it but the contract was already signed. He refused to provide an addendum or a solution that all parts could sign explaining that I did not have to pay the builder's fee. He took too long so I took the decision of not to proceed with the purchase. So now they don’t want to return the $1,000 deposit when it was his/Lennar fault! So basically they are stealing $1,000. So be very careful with them!!!!

Original review: July 5, 2021

I purchased my home November 2018. Since I purchase I’ve had problems after problems. Lennar will not take accountability for any fraction that’s found in the home. I’ve placed a ticket multiple times since I purchased the home. My insulation was missing, bubbles in the floor, drainage in my back yard (I called different two companies out and they both said when it rains my yard holds water. It don’t drain, Lennar said it does and guess what I have a puddle of water just sitting for three days). Speaking on landscaping; I have three trees in my yard that never produced any leaves. Now I’m being fined by the HOA to replace the trees.

Let’s move to plumbing, when the shower is on in the master bedroom I can hear water droplets in the pantry that’s on the main floor. There is also a water leak from my ceiling located in the master bathroom. Lennar came out and claimed they fixed the problem, they Redid the drywall but never came back out to repaint the ceiling. They emailed me a closed ticket and it states that I wasn’t home Both times when the painter came by. Thank God for text messages; I never scheduled because I was out of town and I attempted to schedule when I returned but the builder manager stop responding. So, now I’m left with a ceiling that’s not painted.

Last but not least, water is dripping from a silver pipe on the side of the house. This is the last way issue. The reason I didn’t purchase an older home was to prevent having to repair major work so early on after I purchased the home. My Lennar home has been a nightmare since day one. My neighbors and I are planning a class action lawsuit against Lennar and we plan on contacting the news media out as well.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Consumer be wary - I purchased my home back in January 2021 and the finished home was completed in late May 2021. Sale and purchase was smooth, although Lennar's Design Center tries to overcharge you (that is a given in this industry). The most alarming part that you as a new buyer should be aware is the "quality" of the included appliances that is heavily marketed by Lennar. They coin themselves as giving you a "smart" home with over $30k value in appliances and smart home technology. While that may be partially true, let me remind you that these many of these appliances are the base of the base.

The in-unit GE washer and dryer looks like it's from my college day era and is very loud and don't expect to wash large loads, it will be unable to handle. The GE dishwasher, though digital is also rather small and really can't fit much dishes and is also a bit loud (again, very basic models compared to other current models at around the same price point). Now, the GE fridge is also small and basic but not a big deal. The main issue is the ice maker - it constantly produces an insanely large noise that is comparable to that of a small airplane engine (sound can be heard from Floor 1 and Floor 3 - fridge is on Floor 2). GE has come out twice and the problem still persists.

Make sure you go through the final walkthrough with a fine tooth comb because don't accept ANY post-closing service from Lennar. Make sure you get the final closing checklist and go through it like your life depended on it. They will push all responsibility to GE, whether the item needs any fixing or needs to be replaced. Even if they gave you a lemon (as in my case), they will not be responsible or help you. One week into moving in, the problem started and Lennar doesn't give a damn. They are all about the sale but no after service. They market their "new home" start technology and you get impressed with all the "included" appliances but do not be fooled, they may or may not work. You will need to spend at least one night there before closing to know and albeit you cannot do that.

Just want you innocent consumers out there to be aware of Lennar's business practices. If you are not a working professional and you have a lot of time on your hands to be having service requests and technicians come out to your home on weekly basis then don't worry, you will love your home. If you are like me, very busy and have no time to waste and just want to enjoy your home already, then you will likely experience problems. Just expected a lot more from one of the largest and reputable developers in the U.S.!

Original review: June 19, 2021

Buyer beware! I bought a Lennar townhome in Morrisville, NC in 2020. It was just over two years old when I bought it. Recently I discovered a plumbing leak. The leak was confirmed by the Durham County Water Department. My townhouse is on a concrete slab foundation, so the plumbing pipes that go into my home are in the ground under a layer of concrete, rock and dirt. I contacted Lennar about the problem and learned that they only provide a 2-year warranty on plumbing. Two years! What does that say about the expectations on the quality of the work? The warranty had expired just a few months before I discovered the leak, so Lennar said it was not responsible for the repair.

I found a plumbing company that said they could fix the leak. Another “beware” moment. Few plumbing companies have actually worked on such problems. It is hard to identify the leak’s position because the pipes are so far down under concrete, rock and dirt.. Companies use helium or nitrogen to find the leak, but admittedly it’s difficult unless the leak is really big which mine was not. The company I used ended up jackhammering a large hole in my guest bathroom and eventually the entryway. It has taken three months to complete the project at a cost of over $16,000. Fortunately my homeowners insurance covered most of the cost. In my view this is a ticking time bomb for homeowners because builders now pour concrete foundations instead of the above-ground, crawl-space type.

Original review: June 17, 2021

HORRIBLE CHEAP BUILDING, Lennar used cheapest material, our Heating system is horrible. They used the wrong size ductwork so some rooms don’t heat, the faceplate on the wall for the Thermostat DOESN'T match the system. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS BUILDER, it should be a crime to lie to the Consumer, everything the salesperson told us was untrue as far as material used! We will sell at some point and we had to pay and fix all the cheap paint, tile, ductwork, skylights are faulty, nail pops everywhere, paint chipping, HORRIBLE. DON'T BUY A LENNAR HOME!!! Buyer Beware.

Original review: June 15, 2021

We contracted to purchase a new home in Bridgewater, Princeton TX. We chose to use their mortgage company, what a joke. They kept losing our documents and asked for more and more and more which we complied with. We could never get a straight answer to any of our questions but we needed a place to live so we went ahead with the purchase. We had our own inspection done and many things were pointed out as shoddy workmanship. Again we really needed a place to live at this time, and we figured Lennar would do the right thing and fix the most obvious things. One week before closing we got a call telling us they decided not to give us the loan (which we had qualified for and had a firm closing date). We found out later that when they put it back in their inventory they jacked up the price and got more money for it. Stay far away from Lennar! Since our bad experience we have heard so many more horror stories about dealing with them.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Everything looks good at the beginning but you will have problems you deal with galore. Like all other comments it’s true things that break they tell you that it’s fine and it’s a hassle to get things actually fixed. This has been a horrible experience. I’m tired of talking with customer care about problems and fixes. The homes are just made poorly.

Lennar Homes Company Information