Lennar Homes

lennar.com

Compare Home Builders and Developers

Research top Home Builders and Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Our three main issues: WORKMANSHIP: Lennar did not complete a 1 year inspection nor will they honor the 1 year warranty on workmanship. My home has issues with the flooring and subfloor. Although my husband initiated requests to schedule the inspection, in 2014 prior to our 1 year expiration, Lennar never honored the request. The closest we have come to cooperation was that they finally agreed to come out, with my husband taking a day off of work. He waited over 6 hours for the Lennar rep who did not show up when promised. After multiple attempts to follow up, we keep getting the runaround, passed off to someone new and every Lennar rep's initial response is to push back because "it's past the one year period." Yeah, I know, we been trying to get this done for going on THREE YEARS!

PLAYGROUND: During the sales process we were told by Beth Hoggard that the current play area in The Meadows at Ravenstone was not the "permanent" playground and that the sad little slide and swings were "temporary." We were told that the final play area would be larger with more options. POOL: We were also told that a neighboring Lennar development, Sherron Farms was planned and that we would be able to join the Sherron Farms pool & clubhouse since we were also a "Lennar Community." Now the story has changed. I can WALK to the clubhouse/pool in progress for Sherron Farms but we are only allowed to join a pool that we would have to DRIVE to get there.

First, the toilet tank connection broke and flooded our first floor. After a week of hounding them, they came out to fix it -- and ripped out the bathroom and closet nearest. They left plastic partitions to keep us out of the area while it dried. Then they forgot about it for 3 weeks. Only after hounding them did they remember to come back and remove their machines and the plastic. After another few weeks of hounding them, they came back and fixed the walls and fixed the toilet.

When building the house next door, they broke our water line. When I confronted them about this, they told me that we should "deal with it, this is a construction site", despite the fact that we had moved into our house some 4 months previously. Water was out for over a day. At the same time, they broke the water to the sprinkler system, which they still haven't repaired, over 3 months now, despite repeated requests.

The grouting job around the master bath is substandard. Some areas don't even have any grout, and the areas that do show that the grout has cracked away from one side. They refuse to fix. The kitchen and bathroom faucets in every room leak around the faucets when you turn water on, they refuse to fix. The kitchen hood was not hooked up to the outside vent before they installed the cabinets over the top of it, so that it was blowing air into the house, rather than out the vent -- they did fix this. The carpet was not nailed down on the staircase, so it began to slide, quite noticeably. They refused to fix.

I moved into a new home - Executive home late November 2012. Since then I have had nothing but problems. Tiles cracking left and right, the same ones had to be replace three times before they used a membrane underneath. Many houses in this development had the same issue where Lennar had to replace ALL the flooring. It was a hush-hush issue or I would've made more of a stick since my tiles still are cracking and now they won't do anything about it. I had a roof leak in 2013 and now a second roof leak two weeks ago. Lennar states it's not covered under the 10 year warranty, and in the email Lennar responded, stated that I only had a one year warranty on it.

Have had electrical problems where my breakers would pop when I turned on lights - this went on for over a year. My AC unit was installed wrong where the air flow is not dispersed evenly in the house, so only one side actually gets good ac. Had them come out - Lennar did nothing. Within the first three years had to replace the dryer - stopped working; the dishwasher - stopped washing; the washing machine - started to leak on the floor. Before the roof was leaking, I was sending in a complain about the grading slant that runs "into" my patio where mold builds up. The last two years my health has declined, and now I have a small pond every time it rains behind my patio because of the grade.

Then the roof situation started to leak and the experience with Lennar has been the worst. They advertise that they produce a quality product, and that they have an awesome warranty that they stand behind. They have wiggled all around it. It was POOR CONSTRUCTION when built. This is the second leak 10 feet apart from the first one. Lennar and the Roofing Company needs to take care of this problem. Neither will take responsibility for their poor workmanship. I would NEVER buy from Lennar again.

I am a single parent, work full time, Veteran who utilized VA home loan to purchase my first home. We had regular pest control set up within the first week of moving in. (Dec 2016) We have two dogs, both are on oral flea/tick meds and UTD with all shots. Fast forward to mid-March. My daughter noticed two small bugs crawling on one of the living room interior walls because it was only two, I didn't think it was a big deal. I grabbed paper towel sprayed with raid and got rid of them. A week later we saw another one on my bathroom wall. Still, just one, no big deal. April 22, I was out in the backyard picking up after our dogs and noticed an enormous amount of tiny bugs that jump, all over the backyard. Majority were directly behind the house. We don't have landscaping, but there were weeds growing at the time. The entire front yard was still covered with original mulch laid down by the builder.

Initially, I thought they were fleas because they were jumping. That evening, (Sat Apr 22), my daughter noticed them inside the house, along the floor in front of the sliding glass door. When I further inspected, they were crawling on the wall, crawling in and out of the gaps between wall outlets and drywall and on the windowsill next to sliding glass door. I tried to spray them with raid, and that did nothing. I went to the store to get flea/tick spray and Ortho Home Defense for outside and that did nothing. I ended up vacuuming what was there, only to find that more had crawled in within the hour. That night, as we were about to go to bed, I noticed them on my bedroom windows. My daughter noticed them on my pillow and blanket at the foot of my bed.

That night, we packed a bag and stayed at a hotel (Apr 24). I had our pest control come treat inside and outside the following day for what I thought were fleas. That did nothing. I began to research especially since neither of our dogs have fleas and just to be safe, I went to our Vets office to get a topical flea med. Come to figure out that we have Springtails. I called our pest control the next morning and left work early so they could treat our property/home again. No success. After doing more research on how to get rid of them, I began to reduce moisture in and around the house. Turned off water source outside, raked back mulch away from the house, monitored humidity inside, bought dehumidifier, vacuumed and cleaned with bleach daily. I spent over $1000 in hotel fees after just 10 days of dealing with this.

I have spoken to several pest control companies who have all said the same thing; wait it out, they're seasonal. Or, they can treat but can't guarantee to get rid of them. I contacted the warranty maintenance point of contact and was told to submit a work request. One week later I get an email stating that Pest control is not a warrantable item. I sought help from my realtor who referred me to contact two lawyers.I was told to stick with pest control. Since Apr 25, (now is Jun14) I've had 7 pest control treatments. We've stayed at friends houses that live 20 mins away or even slept in our car, in the garage. I had two separate pest control companies treat, both technicians think that they are coming from under the foundation.

After 5 weeks of this ongoing issue, not having slept in our own home and 7 pest control treatments. I have laid out pest sticky pads along all windowsills and along the ground in front of sliding glass door. You can see the amount of bugs still coming inside the house. I spoke to Fair Housing Commission of CA and they referred me to seek legal action. I wrote a letter to the maintenance point of contact and also sent it to the Director of Construction with everything I've done up until this point. The next day I received an email stating they will seal up the gaps of wall outlets, send a pest control company for a one-time treatment and do the 30-day inspection repairs that still haven't been completed. The repairs for the 30 day TLC have been done.

Today, I had a scheduled timeframe given by the builder of 12pm-4pm. I work overnight so I stayed awake to ensure I wouldn't miss the appointment. 4pm comes and no call/no show from pest control. I contact the builder and was told they were running late, that they could be here in 20 min. (this is at 4:39pm). I replied and said, no, the sched time was 12-4. I made sure I was up and available. About 5:05 the doorbell rings. It's the Pest control. I still haven't slept and still have to try and get sleep for work tonight. I allowed them to treat. However he only treated outside and told me to go buy a fogger for inside.

I am beyond displeased with Lennar. I am fearful that because these bugs are seasonal, we are going to have this every year or after it rains. I can't afford to be displaced from my brand new home. Aside from our infestation, our 30-day Inspection was done in late Feb 2017; we moved in Dec 1, 2016. Those repairs from that 30-day inspection have just been completed today, June 14, 2017. We also have hairline cracks in the stucco on the bottom corners of the most windows, inside and outside. There's a cargo strap hanging from the bottom of the stucco on the side of our garage. A crack in the driveway which I was told was going to get filled in, but hasn't. I wished I would have heeded the warnings from the bad reviews I've read about Lennar. Save your money and buy elsewhere. I am losing my mind with this bug problem and a home I am paranoid to be in. DON'T BUY A HOUSE FROM LENNAR.

We closed on our new construction home February 28, 2017. During the walk-through we could not believe the 3 car garage had a crack from one stall all the way to the third stall. Lennar told us the cracks were within industry standards. The same with the covered lanai in the back of the home. Huge crack from front to back. After moving in, we noticed several other problems with the house. The sliding glass doors did not operate correctly. The garage door openers did not operate correctly. A palm tree is dead in the front yard. The exterior water faucets do not operate at all. It's like pulling teeth to get someone who really cares to come out and fix these problems. DO NOT buy a Lennar home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

We went through the process to buy a new home from them at the housing known as Landera in San Antonio Texas. We got rejected during the process. We laid down $500.00. Earnest money down. The check cleared the bank in 8 days. After our loan was rejected during the process we were told we would get the refund within 8 weeks. Now it's 12 weeks and no refund has been issued. I posted it on social media and was quite disturbing how we found out we are not the only ones they did this to.

So we made report to the BBB and found there are many reports made about the same thing. They have no right to keep the money. If this is the way they are we can only imagine how shoddy their homes are. DON'T LET THEM RIP YOU OFF LIKE THEY DID US AND MANY OTHER PEOPLE. We have started legal proceedings against them. QUIT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. PAY THEM WHAT YOU OWE THEM. Bottom line. If anyone reading this had the same problem get a lawyer.

We purchased our house here at Lennar at Caroline Hills (Jacksonville, FL). We were just looking for potential houses since we just moved here from San Diego and we still had a lease that time. When we walked in, the consultant was very nice. We told her we still have a lease but we're checking the area so we know where to buy once our lease is done. She said Lennar will do the lease buyout. And if we purchase that day we will have a low interest rate and Lennar will pay the closing cost ($13k). See thought we got ourselves a good deal. The consultant took a copy of our lease from our landlord. She said she already spoke with the property manager and that the lease will be taken care of.

Fast forward one month later. She said Lennar won't pay the relisting fee, and the lease buyout only covers the prorated rent. I kept asking her for the lease buyout agreement. I didn't know who else to contact so I posted in their Facebook account and I received a call. He said he will review our contract and get the said of the consultant who was helping us. Guess what? The lease buyout was denied by Lennar because they gave us low interest rate and paid for closing cost. We were NEVER informed that they won't cover the lease buyout.

Now this consultant said we should be thankful because she got us a deal. We have a meeting on Monday, but she texted me and said nothing will be settled. The way they do business is NOT transparent. After you close the house they won't honor their word. I'm really shocked about this. I have all her text messages assuring me the lease will be taken care of. When I called the realty company that managed the house we rented they said Lennar didn't respond to the lease buyout they sent. We were telling our friends and co-workers about Lennar and how they will take care of their lease if they bought a house, but now they just lost potential clients because NO WAY we are going to refer them after the way they treated us. We were so trusting but they betrayed our trust.

Lennar Homes, new home 8 months old surface cracks in the stucco all over home 5 places. Made an appointment and the inspector came a day early at 8 am. No advanced call. Look at all the cracks and said "we do not fix those not covered under warranty." I explained that our neighbors had the same problem and their cracks were fix. He said he did not care about their home just mine. Both built by WCI home builders. Lennar bought WCI about 4 months ago. This guy looked unprofessional with a stick on name tag. I asked him how long he work for Lennar Homes and did not answer me. DO NOT BUY AN LENNAR HOME. Check reviews first. Terrible reputation. WCI was a good home builder until they were bought out. Now stay away from WCI HOMES and LENNAR.

We placed a deposit on a Coach Home at Bonita National in April 2017. Before the 15 day period, we canceled. We were told the deposit would be returned in 2 to 3 weeks. Still, no check after more than 6 weeks and the agent won't return my telephone calls. Beware of this company.

We purchased a home in late January 2017 and had a couple issues at move in, but, they were resolved and I thought it was no big deal and then I got to know the HOA! What HOA? They are non-existent! Our neighborhood is full of violations and no one is sticking to the rules. Now, I don't know about you, but, when I pay $400,000+ for a home, I don't expect my neighbors to grow corn in their side yard next to the sidewalk on a corner lot! I have presented an entire list of violations to the HOA and was told basically... tough! The homeowners are livid! And worst of all is that half the community is still not built, so we have another year for individuals to place more violations in their yards, eg. statues, hideous artwork and little signs stuck in the ground of dogs pooping saying, "Please don't poop here". This community is not the community I dreamed of when we bought this home. I expected the HOA to do its job and protect my investment!

Then to make it worse they tell you that you have to pay 3 months upfront to Lennar for the HOA (Campbell Property Management of Lake Worth). You think it is going for the first three months of your HOA... oh no, it goes to Lennar to line their pockets! You never see a dime of that money. We are paying for a non-existent HOA who lines their pockets with your money and does NOTHING in return! I can't wait for the builder to leave this community. Sad part is... what state are we gonna have to dig ourselves out of?

We bought a new Lennar home in Menifee, California. About a year in numerous nail pops appeared which they came out and fixed. However when the painter showed up more nail pops had appeared and I waived the painter off and called the drywall guy. I was told that this was a one time deal and and that I had already had it done. After contacting my Lennar rep the drywall person was sent back out and pops patched. Well again more pops have appeared. Since the drywall guys are here to texture the work already done they have agreed to address this. I have no doubt more will appear and I will be responsible for them as it's been made very clear this it and future work would have to come out of Lennar's pocket. Really?

So I get that screws have replaced nails to save money but this is ridiculous. These nail pops appeared to have no specific gestation period and randomly appear. I believe this problem falls squarely on Lennar's shoulders and I should not have to incur cost when you consider what it cost to purchase our retirement home. And buyer beware as the same policy of one time deal applies to exterior stucco cracks.

I get there is a settling period for a new home as this is not our first rodeo. I did believe that Lennar should be more forthcoming when purchasing and divulge potential one time problems. Lastly when the workers come out they will only do what you show them. They do not inspection themselves as I found out the hard way leading to incomplete work that required several follow up visits and extreme inconvenience. FYI, we bought our first home in the early 90's and this is our third and hopefully final home. None of these nail pop and stucco issues occurred at our previous homes.

I purchased my house in April of 2009. During the first year they had to fix unfinished drywall in the shower, I have cracked tiles in all rooms where there is tile. They continue to say it is normal wear and tear however it was showing up within first 30 days and they covered it with grout, which tells me it was cracked when it was installed, they never fixed it and it continues to worsen. For the first several years our neighborhood was infesting with these bugs that would be in the sinks, bathtubs and backyards. They only came out at certain times of the year and have finally went away after years of treatment.

The a/c and furnace has broken several times within the first couple years and the HVAC people I had service it noticed they soldered for the wrong type of pipes (which only took 3-4 years to notice). The landscaping was horrible. All trees they planted either never grew or fell over after they got a certain height because they were not properly planted. I have cracks in the ceilings, crown molding/chair rail. The water heater broke within the first two years. The wood trim on the rails and front of the house look rotted out. That is just a few of the issues. The general response you get back from Lennar is that it is normal home maintenance. I do not know how they continue to sell homes. I was a first time home buyer that was suckered, can't wait to sell it and find a new home builder.

Thinking about buying a Lennar Home? Think Twice! Let me share my experience with you! The Dream and Trust phase! Relocating to Orlando was a very exciting time for us. Our daughter lives close and we were excited to find a home close to work as well as brand new in a gated community. The home was very nice and with a conservation lot. It was perfect for us. Our salesperson took the time to point out our back property line and all the features the house had to offer. She even told us that Lennar was going to come in and level off some of the land behind the house to give us some more backyard space before they finished up in the community. They said they were going to be finishing up in the community shortly and the house would come without a lot premium that normally ranged in the 30k to 50k range. We felt like we had struck gold!

Whats the catch I wondered? They kept saying they were wrapping up in the community and that the house had been used as a show home for the model so they were ready to move on. We asked about the community and if there were restrictions about building a pool. We were told that plenty of our neighbors had pools and there were no restrictions regarding having a pool for the property. We felt comfortable and bought our home and moved in January 2015.

Reality begins to set in!

We attended a house warming with some of our new neighbors and learned that Lennar Homes had a pending lawsuit or legal action against them regarding the swale located behind some of the houses along our street. We were a month into our new home and didn't think much of it at that point. We loved the house and were enjoying getting settled into Orlando.

In December of 2015 we approached several pool companies about building a pool and the cost associated with it. We got several bids and selected Artesian Pools, a local favorite and well respected pool company in the neighborhood and Orlando area. They came out and did an evaluation for us and informed us that the drainage swale behind the house needed a 10 foot setback. The area for the pool was very limited and the setback came up to within 7 feet of the house. They drew up plans for a very compact pool and at one point it was 2 feet from the house. I approached the HOA and showed them the plans. They told me that I should wait for a couple months as Lennar was going to vacate the existing swale and fill in the backyards of a dozen houses making the backyards larger and more usable. That was February 2016.

In March of 2016 we received the attached letter from Lennar describing what they were going to do and they needed our consent to proceed. We were still very content at this point and decided it would be OK to wait a few months to have the area we needed for a proper sized pool. Lennar begins to show its true colors to its homeowners!

The next year turns out to be a roller coaster ride of misleading information, unverifiable processes, lack of communication, and a continual feed of "we are doing our best to make this happen" rhetoric. The county had all of the approvals complete by October. That seemed like a long time to me but I wrote it off to red tape of government procedure. I was frustrated but felt that we were closer to the end as we only needed 12 mortgage companies approvals to begin the work. After all, the property values of all of the homes were going to be increased and we were told by Lennar that work had already been done on several of these.

It began to enter my mind that Lennar was not going to be making a sale with this project and it represented 100% expense to them. Why would they be in a hurry to spend the money to make this happen? I began to wonder why they would do it at all if there was not a legal press or something making them commit to this project. I began to question the real concern for homeowners who had spent upwards of 300k for their homes. It's now March 2017 and we still need 9 of the mortgage companies to approve this work that will add value to all of the homes.

It seems very cold and uncaring of Lennar Homes to #1) have known of this issue since before we bought our home in 2015 and not disclose that limitation in our sales presentation. (Yes, it was in the plat diagram that was presented at our closing.) The lesson for me here is to make a closing last 10 hours if needed to reveal any restrictions on your land or house that is known. Good business would have communicated it or CORRECTED it once it was a known issue. #2) to present Lennar as a caring company ready to make it right, and drag it out for who knows how many years? If this were going to generate a sale for Lennar I'm certain it would have been completed within 2-3 months of decision to act.

#3) to ignore the homeowners who have a stake in this. I have over 60 calls to Lennar (no less than 20 hours on the phone), and have worked my way all the way up the ladder to the Director of Land whom I have emailed on 5 occasions and he has yet to make contact. He did send me a note saying he was glad I brought this to his attention and he would like to discuss it with me. I responded with my number and have reached out again on 4 occasions and have not even received the courtesy of a response. #4) I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and as of today 4 weeks later, Lennar has not responded.

I would caution anyone thinking about doing business with Lennar Homes to make sure and do your homework. They will sell you a bill of goods that they care about their homeowners, but that care should come from action and follow through, not deception and avoidance. The real shame of all of this is we actually enjoy the home and it is built well. Trust and recommendations are built on more than brick & mortar. I would not recommend Lennar Homes to anyone. An investment in a home should be taken more seriously and Customer Service is the true measure of a company. Lennar Homes gets a D minus in my grade book! Tell your friends "Buyer Beware"!

I have seen and experienced firsthand how Lennar Homes treats people - especially their homeowners. Do yourself a favor and find another home builder. Lennar will not keep their promises. They will beat you up on any and all work that needs to be done on your new home after the ink dries on your contract. Do NOT believe anything that they tell you. They will not make repairs in good faith after you purchase your home.

I would especially be careful with the structural aspect of your home. Get an engineering report just to be sure the structure of your home is sound. Get the grading report for the grounds around your home. Chances are good if you had to wait a long time for your landscaping to be put in you will have grading issues. Have your sump pump and underdrain video scoped as an added measure. For a few hundred dollars you can save yourself $30,000. Lennar will look the other way if there are structural damages or drainage issues on your property and they have no problem passing the costs associated with these issues onto the homebuyer if they think they can get away with it and they will try. Lennar has no shame in making the homebuyer responsible for their poor workmanship.

If your driveway cracks they will only fix (not replace) it only if the crack(s) exactly meets Lennars required size standards for them to justify the repair. While you may believe the driveway needs to be replaced Lennar will not do it and you will have a battle on your hands and a cracked driveway to deal with. It will be the same situation for any and all workmanship on your home you will be battling for your new home to be up to snuff but it will never happened. Before you know it your year warranty is up then "See ya... Thanks for buying."

If you want to save yourself some headache and constant bullying from your homebuilder buy from a reputable homebuilder NOT Lennar. You will be saving yourself thousands of dollars and months/years of headaches. It's a roll of the dice with these people. Lennar has little integrity and no loyalty to their homebuyers and they lose no sleep passing thousands of dollars of repairs onto their customers.

I had put a deposit of $6000 down on a townhouse in Maryland and ended up changing my mind. I was told the deposit would take 30 days. After 6 weeks I was told it may be a few more weeks. Those of you that have gotten refunds - how long has it taken? Thanks!

RUN do not walk away from buying a home from this company. Their customer service stinks. They show you all the bells and whistles to owning a Lennar Home. Don't believe a word they say. They tell you one thing and it's another. We build our home late 2016, it's a beautiful home, but then they put cheap appliances that within the first month of being installed need repairs, or replaced. We had shingles missing from our roof, crown molding with cracks, wood floors that haven't been sealed properly, a river that runs in between our houses after it rains, that's just to name a few.

Oh! AND the house that is built next to us... Ya, Lennar thought it was a good idea to put the same brick and stone in it that we have on our house. We were the first two couples to pick our lot and have our house built. I have been going over the heads of people to complain about it, but it doesn't work of course because they have their money and don't care. Everyone from Renee, to Rick who is Director of construction couldn't give a rat's behind, they just want to hurry and get the houses built so they can earn their money. RUN from Lennar company, I'm telling you, they treat you wonderful at first, then, they don't care.

Our house located in great park of Irvine California was built by Lennar and has numerously terrible issues. We strongly regret the decision to purchase a house from Lennar. Not to our surprise, we have also heard that Lennar was dealt a class action lawsuit due to the bad quality homes it provided for the Woodbury new home project which is also located in Irvine California. After we moved in we discovered that our brand new house had a terrible squeak everywhere upstairs including bedrooms, hallways, the laundry room, closets and bathrooms. Lennar tried a few times to repair the squeaky floor by adding the screws after we reported it. Unfortunately these poor attempts to fix our problem only made it worse.

After discovering the problem, Lennar decided to try to fool us with its gimmicks to "fix" the squeaky floors because they didn't want to do what actually needed to be done (opening the drywall, removing the tiles, replacing plywood and joist, etc.). We hired licensed and experienced floor experts--they told us that our new house's second floor had severe fundamental issues which caused the terrible squeak all over upstairs. There are many cracks on the granite in our kitchen's island. Lennar agreed to replace the granite after we attempted to contact them multiple times. Its customer care manager left us a voice message which clearly promised that Lennar was going to replace the granite. Shockingly, Lennar broke its promise.

Our master tub was also cracked. Lennar pushed us to let them repair it instead of doing the replacement they should have done from the beginning. (Again Lennar is trying to find shortcuts.) We generously gave Lennar the opportunity to fix the crack after Lennar promised they would do an outstanding repair. Lennar also claimed that they would replace a new tub for us if the repair was not good. Unfortunately, the repair was a complete failure and the tub got much worse. Lennar's service care manager tried to fool us and refused to replace the tub as he promised before.

Lennar's tub contractor sent its inspector to our house to examine the situation and agreed that the previous repair was a failure. We asked him to let us copy the inspector's report as a record. Instead, Lennar's service care manager set up an email between him and the owner of the tub contractor, which indicated that the cracked tub had already been successfully repaired because he didn't know we had the copy of the report. Lennar completely disappeared after we presented him with the inspector's report to clearly prove Lennar's service care manager is a perfect liar. In fact, Lennar has manipulated its contractors to fool us and trick us on much more than one occasion.

We definitely wouldn't have bought Lennar's house if we had known its bad reputation beforehand. Who knows what will happen in Lennar's new project in Beacon Park and Parasol Park of Irvine California? Buying Lennar's house is the biggest mistake in our life. We were forced to complain to California State License Board (CSLB). Finally, Lennar Home got punished by California Government (CSLB) for its odious and disgusting conduct.

I purchased a new home from Lennar 3 years ago, we paid the deposit before the construction was started. By the time it was finished, we found the quality was very bad. A window on garage door could be missing! The internal walls around light switch area were not patched, toilet paper handle was not installed, etc. It was very obvious that they rushed to deliver this house so they could start the new project in different locations for more expensive homes. Now after 3 years, the ceiling of the garage starts showing the water leak from the above master bedroom room, it looks like I have to cover a big cost by myself for this repair work.

I bought my house in Dec 2015 and moved in March 2016. It is now Jan 2017 and as of now I have already had 2 water leaks. 1 in the garage and the newest is water coming through a vent into our dining room from the master bathroom shower. This will be the 2nd time workers will have to come into my house in less than a year and pull out drywall, fix pipes, rehang drywall and repaint.

It is absolutely unacceptable to me that in a home that is less than 1 year old pipes are bursting left and right. What pipe will be next. Thank goodness I am still under warranty but regardless I am extremely unhappy with my home. In addition when we first moved in our brand new dishwasher had a broken motor and that had to be fixed as well. I don't know if they use inexperienced plumbers or if I just have bad luck but in my opinion stay away from Lennar. I can't even get ahold of my customer care rep to relay messages to her then I find out she is no longer my rep but doesn't have the courtesy to inform me. Please use another builder...

Like Joni, I live in MiraLago in Parkland. This too was to be our retirement home and last move. Dealing with Lennar for the past two years has been nothing short of pure misery, complete disappointment and sheer aggravation. It all started when we were bullied into closing on Black Friday in 2014. We had plans to be out of town for Thanksgiving and had to cancel because Lennar forced us to close on a house that was an absolute mess. In the last two days before the closing, they slapped things together as best as they could but our punch list was still two full pages on a legal pad. We offered to close a week or two later as we were in no rush but Lennar was hell bent on closing on our house so that they could count it in their fiscal year. Totally ruined our Thanksgiving that year and made us forego spending time with our son who had recently been discharged from the navy.

In addition to the punchlist for the house, we had no street lights and no street signs. It felt like our house was in a war zone. The next week I learned that neither Comcast nor AT&T could provide Internet or phone service to my house because cables were never run down the street. Lennar's negligence to ensure communications infrastructure was in place created a safety issue. We then endured week after week of contractors coming in and out of our house fixing things. A broken water main had to be repaired and then was improperly flushed which ended up causing a 3 ft square hole to be made in our dining room wall. Another day someone was digging in our yard without marking lines and cut our communications line.

While all this was going on, a swamp was developing our side yards, complete with breeding insects. Two years later they are now addressing the drainage issue, which was a known issue from the start, and in the process they damaged my pool heater and are fighting with me to replace it. Aside from the issues with my house, Lennar has been late to deliver our clubhouse, the main entrance (which has electrical issues) and rear entrance. Numerous issues remain throughout the community. This company completely lacks morals, quality control, and integrity. I strongly advise never doing business with this company. This purchase decision is my single most regret in my entire life.

I was unaware that Lennar use Styrofoam (no mixture of cement... cooler type) to so call beautify the structure of the homes. It was brought to my attention when I saw pieces of Styrofoam in the driveway with spots of beige paint similar to the pillars that surrounds the windows of my home. I immediately call customer service and a guy by the name of Mr. ** was at my doorsteps within seconds. However, he was not there to resolve the problem, instead he wanted me to sign a work order of completion (of course I declined). He stated that the Miami Dade County Building Department approved this sort of material for beautification purposes, therefore I called the county to confirm Mr. ** statement. The supervisor of the county building department, stated that Styrofoam was not regulated by a building code and he was unaware of such material used for homes.

Styrofoam is a nuisance and pollutes the nearby lakes. It also brings down the value of homes when pieces are constantly chipping off the structure of the home. Sad, but all homes in the Enclave at Old Cutler community have this Styrofoam mess as part of their home structure and they false advertise it as being exterior stone... PLEASE DO NOT BUY HOMES FROM LENNAR... COSTLY WITH CHEAP MATERIAL.

I rescinded my contract on December 8, 2016 after putting a deposit of $5000 at Treviso Bay, Naples Florida for a new coach home within the 15 days period. The contract clearly stated I would receive my deposit back if I did this within 15 days. The Realtor, Catherine **, said it could take up to 30 days to get my deposit back, but she would personally try to expedite. After constant attempts to get my Escrow money, I sit here after 6 weeks. The agent also boasted that the Coach home was sold again the next day. However, I received confirmation that coach home was on the market again, 5.5 weeks later. Strange.

Most important, I have been emailing and calling Catherine **, Michelle ** and now David ** at Lennar Homes, Treviso Bay in Naples, as well as my realtor, Charles ** from Downing-Frye Realty, Inc. for the last 6 weeks and continue to get the run around. Charles originally assured me Lennar folks were great. This is not true. Therefore, I contacted the Naples Area Board of Realtors and DBPR to file a complaint against these very unprofessional folks at Lennar Homes. While there is no rule that addresses a specific number of days in which to disburse the Escrow funds, the broker should disburse the funds immediately upon receiving the Final Order. If after a reasonable amount of time the broker does not comply with the Final Order, the broker can be prosecuted for failure to comply with a Final Order. Buyer beware!

Greetings. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Steven **, a vet with a family of four. I purchase a house from Lennar Inc October 2003 at the Heritage Harbor community (**). Homeowners in my community complained to Lennar about stucco issues. Lennar hired a engineering Co to conduct inspection on these houses (30 houses). They found all units to have faulty stucco issues. Lennar took immediate action and hired a stucco Co to repair all of these damages.

Well, my family and I never received any information on this matter from Lennar. In fact, it was one of the homeowners who advise me of such. He provided me with the information I needed to get my house inspected. I took immediate action and notified Lennar, within weeks my house was inspected by an engineering Co that Lennar had hired. Days after my house was inspected. I received a letter from Lennar Inc stating that my house had no faulty stucco or any other issues.

I sold that property September 2016 in during the process. When my property inspection was conducted, it revealed faulty stucco and mold issues. The buyers made an offer to my realtor to have the purchase price of the property reduce to cover the repair cost ($13,000.00). This happen days before going to closing. My family and I agreed. The buyers asked our realtor for assistance in finding a stucco company to conduct the repairs on the house.

In the realtor's search for a reputable company, she found the engineering company that conducted the inspection on my house. She contacted the contractor to inquire about the inspection. He indicated that he was called to look at some issues with the home on behalf of an engineering company and stated that the home not only had stucco issues, but had mold issues as well. So Lennar Inc fail to take the immediate action necessary to address the true findings. While providing me with, and misleading me with a false statement about my property had no damages, my family and I suffered much emotional grief and a enormous financial setback due to their negligence. My family andI I ask that corrective action be taken immediately and that we be compensated for our losses.

They mentioned they will refund the deposit in 30 days and we signed the contract. Yesterday the sale representative said he will discuss with his corporate and will let know. Today he wrote an email confirmation that they won't refund our 3000$ deposit.

Like Joni of Parkland, Florida, Our new home in Bakersfield, California was to be our retirement home after 31 years in the east coast. I am 2 months past my 30 day inspections and still finding inferior workmanship. Everything that hooked us to buying a Lennar Home was the design. All cosmetic. I am tired in finding these defects and incomplete work. First it was no communications cable ran from the main outside trunk line to the house, poor finish work and followup work, defective door seals, improper soil compaction around the house, sidewalk cracks. Street lights in newly delivered homes including ours are not energized yet vacant lots prepared for new construction down the street are lit. New Homeowners are expected to take care of it. Would recommend Buyers, Realtors, beware and most definitely Building Code Officials, check with Zillow as well.

There seems to be a pattern of incompetency or there are major problems from sales to financing to construction to customer service. They all point fingers and have disclaimers. I am writing this because I never seen such incompetency before after 30 years in the commercial design and construction industry. The execution of service in Lennar does not exist. I had the privilege in contracting with local professional trades people and sharing why I have asked them to do the work they are skilled in. A common area of discussion always comes up. Most of Lennar's subs are from out of town and areas where work is scarce. It's either that or they are finding the few stragglers left in the local union hall or they find people off the street to do the work. There seems to be a lot of construction in Bakersfield, yet Lennar has to get subs or labor from out of town.

Construction delays, empty promises, and shoddy workmanship. It's all included. The closing got delayed twice leading to additional moving expenses & hotel. About two weeks prior to closing, I found multiple damages to the home. The kitchen cabinets were destroyed, dishwasher not installed properly, a hole in the siding, missing light fixture and window screen, and poor siding installation (visible nails and nicks in the siding). Not to mention imperfections in the walls, cracks in the wallboard around the windows, filthy window frames, and uneven sod. STAY AWAY FROM LENNAR. PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY BAD REVIEW WRITTEN ON CONSUMERAFFAIRS ABOUT LENNAR. I did not close on the home.

December of 2015 I visited family in Killeen Texas and during that visit looked at homes because we fell in love with the area. Spoke with new home consultant Cindy ** who told us basically the credit score was not there to purchase a home but we could go through credit repair, get the credit score up and build one during this process. We were assured that once the credit score was up there would be no problem with purchasing the home. When we visited it was during Christmas/New Years so she told us first of the year we should hear from someone and we never did. It was not until I reached out to Ms. ** in February when we finally got a response from the credit specialist.

In March we started to finalize plans for the house. On March 20, 2016 the lot was chosen and every detail was complete. We signed on the dotted line and we're given a close date of September 24. From this point everything just drug along. The lot sat empty for months. By May I think they started to prep the lot then nothing. A few months later the foundation was laid then nothing. A few months later they started on the frame. We completed the credit repair and received all of the congratulations and then everything was turned over to the loan officer. When the first closing date of September 24th came around the house was not bricked, counter tops and appliances were not in and flooring tile/carpet were not in so we received a revised close date of November 7th and that came and went we never heard from anybody.

Whenever we started this process we had to produce check stubs but no one ever said how much house we could afford and the new home specialist walked us into a 219,000 home leading us to believe that everything was good. Well the loan officer gets everything and pretty much suggest that we get a cheaper home. What he did not understand was that we didn't pick this home we built. We heard from the loan officer once, sent paystubs every week and he never responded. For two months we never heard from the loan officer. Sunday November 13 Cindy ** called me and asked if I had spoken with Brian ** (the loan officer) and she informed me neither had she said that she would be in touch.

Monday November 14 I did not hear anything. So Tuesday November 15 I texted her, asked if she had spoken to Brian. She said yes and that it was not good news so I immediately tried calling her. She did not answer so she texted back that she would call me and I waited almost four hours for that call and she never called. I called her and the call went straight to voicemail so I decided to text her telling her that we did not want to move forward and wanted our earnest money that we put up and before the message was sent good guess who called back. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. I would look elsewhere before working with these people. We built our dream home and it was snatched from under us.

I signed to purchase a home with Lennar, Harvest Villages in Jurupa Valley and gave a $5K deposit. I had to pull out of the loan because of an unforeseen family emergency that was going to cost us a lot of money. I informed them of my situation and provided details. They denied the return of my earnest money and in the meantime NEVER responded to my emails or phone calls. NEVER. I understand that I might have lost my earnest money, but seriously with the unprofessional behavior of their employees. Justin ** at Lennar is very unprofessional and rude.

When purchasing a home please avoid Lennar Homes. I can swear to you the builder Lennar is a crook. Our home - Bad Foundation - Ceiling fell in living area - Electronic security system never installed, left hole in wall - A/C system installed wrong with wrong parts - Roof defects - Electrical system failed - Plumbing defective - Never finished painting. Then we find out our home was used as a sex meeting place for Lennar folks. Lennar fixed nothing and told us to get in line and sue them. I have pics and engineering finds. We are screwed. You can avoid. Lennar is crap!!!

HOME BUYER BEWARE: It's not just the normal items you need to be aware of when buying a home and doing your walk through such as, paint touch up or leaky faucets. My husband and I purchased new homes in the past. We only had to deal with simple fixes/repairs. However, this was our first time buying a home with Lennar. Unfortunately, we have never had so many challenges and problems to deal with as we have with Lennar. We found out the hard way that you need to be aware of much more when buying a home. My husband and I recently purchased a new home in 2016 at Lennar Miralago in Parkland Florida. It was to be our retirement home and we were excited about the move. Our excitement soon turned into disappointment after we encountered many unexpected problems and challenges.

Below are a few of the problems from our repair list. Problems along with the inconvenience that a new home owner should not have to deal with. We feel this should have never happened if Lennar had the proper quality control and took better care in the construction of our home. A gas line was never put in and had to be installed after we moved in. How does that even pass inspection? Plumbing was put in backwards in the utility room. How does that pass inspection? Some utility lines that should have been installed in front of our home before we moved in were not installed. We are now dealing with the installation and the mess being left in the front of our home. How does that pass inspection?

Parkland is known to have a high water table. When it rains and/or the sprinklers go on, we along with other residents have a drainage issue. Having the proper drainage is extremely important. The Land developer/builder knew about the high water table in Parkland. They should have been proactive in doing the job right. Instead we have to deal with puddles and mud a majority of the time around our home. We need waterproof boots to take a walk in our yard. We were told that Lennar will be taking care of the drainage issues eventually. They have a backlog of people to take care of with drainage issues. Also, in order to fix the problem our fence will probably need to come down and we may not have a fence for a few months. Our yard will also be torn up. Once again we will be inconvenienced for a few more months. We have the fence because of our pool and pets.

We only wish we would have been aware of the above problems before we closed on our home. We would have waited until all was taken care of before we moved in. It would have been nice to move into our new home without dealing with these types of issues. We feel all the above problems could have been avoided. Better quality control and a little more time and care to do a better job. Lennar would save money in the long run. As we know, fixing mistakes can be costly. Also, it is better to have happy homeowners. It creates a positive marketing tool. The Lennar homes being built in Parkland FL. are supposed to be Lennar's premium homes in Parkland. We think it is an embarrassment for Lennar to pass the home we purchased as a premium home. On a positive note, so far the employees have been nice and usually try to help.

Lennar Homes Company Profile