Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

It's hard to read all of these reviews be excited about Lennar, but I thought to provide my honest feedback. First off, no home is perfect, even if new. If you expect that, then the home sale price should have two commas in it, not one. That said, I have had the same cosmetic issues, minor delays, and general warranty concerns others have outlined. I have had nothing but a positive experience with the group that built our home and would like to publicly thank Dan ** for his quick responses and service.

Now that we are in the 2nd month I have submitted a couple of small warranty claims only to be responded to right away and then contacted by Dan on an update/answer/resolution. Service comes down to two things. 1. A process (that being the warranty claim on the website) and 2. the individual conducting the service. Dan has shined in every aspect to make our experience as positive as possible. I hope nothing changes and we don't experience issues others have described, but thanks to Lennar and our construction team for their care to make our service as good as advertised.

-Chris and Steph

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hello All: I have read more than 400 reviews in reference to Lennar LLC both positive and negative. With any new construction, whether it be Toll Brothers, DR Horton, Ryan and Lennar Homes this is what to expect. Also, for existing homes as well. As a Retired American Veteran who has worked in Military Housing, as a Realtor and now a HUD Employee, suggested working closely with the Company/Builders to ensure that all are in compliance with HUD/US Builders/Realtors Associations and the Department of Community Affairs.

Not only that, read your documents before signing them and don't let know sales/real estate consultant rush you into know type of agreement; don't let them dictate to you what you can place for a down payment and your closing date. You are the one that is in control of this large investment; take pictures of each building stages if possible and find out if the labor workers are licensed for the trade they are assigned to accomplish. And if you are a Disabled American Veteran or anyone with a Disability, make sure that they are in compliance with the American Disability Act (ADA) for what alterations you need for your new home. It's the LAW. My real estate sales consultant Jamie, has been very good and knows that I am very I have the experience and very knowledgeable in this business area. DO YOUR HOME AND DON'T BE RUSHED.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We fell in love with a particular half-way finished house in Henderson and needed to switch to our private lender after a few weeks, but Lennar honored all incentives and were amazingly accommodating!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Great purchase for a starter home. I purchased a home in Pearland TX in a new community. ALl included and upgrades to my choice. Beautiful home. I had to move to AZ so I sold it after 2 years (1999-2001). I am now living in a DR Horton home. Quality is cheap, you wipe the finger marks off the wall and the paint comes off, No joke. Carpet became flat after 2 years. I cannot wait until I see and get another home.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have read several reviews on the site regarding Lennar Homes. The overwhelming majority were negative so I wanted to document my journey so far. My experience hasn’t been perfect but it also has been far from a nightmare. I may have a slight advantage as I am a licensed Realtor although I do not work in the field full time. My initial interaction with Lennar was very pleasant and not as pushy or dismissing as some new home consultants can be. I typically wear sweats and comfortable shoes such as Crocs when I went out to view homes for myself and I think some new home consultants at other communities used that to gauge whether I could afford one of their homes or not.

However that was not the case at Lennar in Charles county even though it was at the Lennar location in Gambrills MD that I was sent to because they were the only site with a specific model I wanted to see. After viewing a few models I found one that I really liked but price conscious side of me was a bit Leery. I took some time to think it over and eventually decided to move forward after conducting some research. I went to the office on a Sunday to get more information and ended up signing my documents that day. Obviously the banks were closed and I had some training to attend for work for about a week so Lennar allowed me to place a deposit equivalent to what I could withdraw from the ATM and send the rest once my training was complete.

I chose my options that day and even called a relative over that I know was on the market as well Katrina stayed to answer all of their questions well past the time the office closes. Lennar made it very clear from the beginning that there was something that they wanted me to work on financially and before closing and I began work on that straight away. For me none of it was an issue because it was all things that I already had plans to pay down. I signed the paperwork with their office in April and was provided a construction completion date of Oct 31. After reading some of the reviews here I think it is important to stress that the construction completion date and the date you close will not be the same date.

Lennar scheduled a meeting with me and the construction manager updated the construction completion date to early Nov. and we were on our way. The loan/credit folks provided me with an action plan and I provided updates regularly. Sometimes they would best me to check on my status. I completed all of the requested action ahead of schedule so we made a few tweaks. The only person that was as responsive via email as I would have liked would be the loan officer but he answered his phone every time I called. Everyone else responded within a matter of minutes when I asked any questions or wanted to schedule some time to actually walk the home while under construction. I have not closed yet but everything is scheduled including my home inspection.

My advice to everyone is to get a home inspection. The new home consultant may act as if it’s not needed because the home is new but that’s not what the inspector is looking for. You want to get the inspection because the reality is a lot of the work is performed by contractors and people make mistakes. That is true for new and older homes, we just hope the mistakes are not something that dramatically impacts your ability to enjoy the home which is why you need an home inspector to flush out as much as possible.

I currently rent approximately 5 mins from the home I’m having built so I’m able to go by frequently and check on the progress and there are several people that work on the homes being built and I’m certain Minimal supervision is provided as they have several homes under construction at the same time. My only complaint would be if you sit back and wait for them to tell you what's going on you might feel as if they don’t pass information along well. I found out the dates for my walkthrough and closing from the new home consultant almost a month before I received the official email from the settlement coordinator.

The credit specialist told me that everything was good to go with my loan before I heard from the loan officer. So my point is that if you are buying with Lennar do not hesitate to ask question to anyone you can get in touch with and get a home inspection completed by a third party (that $400 could save you a lot of stress down the road). Remember that you are spending thousands of dollars and whoever holds the purse holds the control.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I was 1 of 18 people picketing Saturday 10/12/19 on Green Pond Road in Rockaway Township, NJ at the entrance to the Lennar "The Hills" development. All of us are owner-residents at the Lennar "Fox Ridge" community, also located in Rockaway Township, NJ, which Lennar completed and turned over to our COA in 2017.

Our COA contracted an expert engineering firm and paid for studies which identified significant building, retaining wall, road, sidewalk, grounds and storm drainage defects. This report was turned over to Lennar over 1 year ago.

As of today, 2+ years later, Lennar has failed to address, resolve or even discuss the millions of dollars worth of construction defects and horrible road, sidewalk, drainage conditions that we are living with and being forced to spend our COA money to fix some problems that are Lennar's responsibility but require immediate attention. In addition, Rockaway Township holds a Lennar bond for the roads, drainage, curbs and sidewalks but has been ineffective in getting Lennar to do anything to correct the problems. All we wish to do is to begin a dialog with Lennar about doing what they promised when we all bought our newly constructed Lennar condominiums. Thanks for listening... we will fight and picket for our rights!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We purchased a home in a newly built Single-family Homes subdivision from Lennar Homes only to find out that more than half of the homes in that subdivision was sold to Chinese Investors who in turn rented them out to people who have several roommates (some houses have 7 roommates). We thought we were purchasing a house in a regular nice neighborhood. We were not told that it was a Rental Property Neighborhood. This roommate-type line the streets with cars and it looks like a ghetto. We spent more than 1/2 million for the house and most of the time our driveway is blocked by cars because so many people live in one house. Lennar Homes should not have sold some of the houses to regular homeowners and just sold it all to Chinese Investors and keep the neighborhood a Rental Neighborhood. Very very disappointed in my purchase and being misled my Lennar Homes.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have build 2 other homes prior to building with Lennar and this was, by far, the worst experience. Lennar is unresponsive to problems because they have so much turnover that our issues keep getting pushed to someone else. Our entire neighborhood is up in arms. We have had so many electrical issues with our house and Lennar is taking their good 'ole time to fix them even though the appliance technicians said the problems are fire hazards. Our yard is an absolute disaster. We have tried for 5 months to grow grass. We've hired a company to help us. They have said the good soil was removed from our lot and junk was put in with so many rocks and branches. Unless we have 4 inches of topsoil brought in, it will be nearly impossible to grow any grass.

Our subfloor on the second floor has a giant hump in it. A sub came out to fix it only to realize another sub is needed. Twice, the subs have been scheduled and no one shows up. So, I've have had the carpet upstairs removed for 2 months waiting for Lennar to reschedule the subs. The lack of communication with the warranty/customer care department is atrocious. We are not nit-picky people. There are so many other small issues that are unacceptable in our home but my husband and I will fix them ourselves. But the problems listed above should be address by Lennar but they are doing absolutely nothing after 4 months of emails, phone calls, and walk-throughs. We know things aren't perfect in a new home and we don't expect them to be but when there are major electrical issues, I would've hope they would fix that immediately. We build our last two homes with Ryan Homes and we thought Lennar would be a step up, boy were we wrong.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Lennar Homes is a company that does not care about the quality and satisfaction of their customers. They build thousands of homes with low-quality materials and non-professional labor. I have a 3 years old home and everything is failing now. Walls are damp, pipes are leaking, water is coming out of the outlets, floors are cracking, the list goes on. If you have worked hard and you are ready to buy a house, I urge you to avoid Lennar. They don't care about your dreams or about the quality of the place in which you and your family will live. They just care about making money.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Our experience with Lennar was one word: NIGHTMARE. We would never consider another Lennar home and advise all our friends to stay away from Lennar.

1. House quality is much lower than what we are expecting. With over half million dollars for this new house, we did not expect that many issues, defects, and imperfections with the house when we had our first walk-through nor on the many walk-throughs afterwards. Our house was originally scheduled to close on 12/30, but instead we closed it on 2/11 due to the overwhelming amount of issues, defects and problems identified by both our inspector and us. Normally, the final walk-through should just happen once, but for us, we lost count of how many “final” walk-throughs that we had and how many times we went back to the house just to find the exact same issues and problems that had not been not fixed - but still the Lennar team was still hoping for us to sign-off AS IS. We had to hire our inspector to go back four times to keep checking on the original issues/problems he identified in the inspection report to ensure things are getting fixed.

The problems with the house vary from big ones like ugly fish-mouths on the roof, mold/fungus inside, wavy siding, plumbing issues/leakage, wall damage with sheetrock removal/repair, to cosmetic ones like cracks on the hardwood floor, uneven fireplace stone, painting dots throughout the hardwood floor on 1st floor and carpet on 2nd and 3rd, caulking missed in some places, etc. etc. At the end, some issues were still not addressed in the inspection report and we were "rushed" and "forced" by the construction manager to close the house.

2. One big item that was not addressed is the HVAC unit was installed right next to the bedroom window (we actually had to pay extra to upgrade this room into a bedroom with a full bath downstairs). The plan is for my parents to use when they are here. Now when they are here, the unit produces so much noise over night that impacts their ability to sleep. My mom also has neurasthenia and this is making her sick. Ear-plugs work temporary but irritates her skin with over usage. When we contacted Lennar leadership: Mark ** who is the CEO of the company? Allen ** - constructer head? Robin ** - customer care director. None of them really cares about solution for us or wants to shoulder responsibility. There are so much more to talk about this company which is beyond words can describe. My advice to you all is: stay away from them if you want your life in peace.

Lennar Homes Company Information