1.29/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

lennar.com

249 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

We had been looking for a home in the D'Andrea neighborhood of Sparks, NV built by Lennar Homes. These people have double-dealing underhandedness down to a science. After spending several weeks looking at their more expensive homesites on the top of the hill, my wife and I decided to purchase a smaller home at a lower elevation for $448,000 plus a premium for a view lot. The normal agent we had been working with, Tricia ** was not working on the Wednesday we decided to purchase the smaller home and Anne ** offered to get pricing for us. She called the corporate office and got pricing for $530,000 and went to work getting the lot released that day so we could sign the paperwork as she knew we were leaving out of town.

We decided we could live with the $82,000 lot premium. When Anne found out that we wouldn't be leaving town until the following Monday, she suggested we come in on Friday to have Tricia write the contract. Well today is Friday and as we were heading into Lennar's office, Tricia called us to let us know the builder had increased the price to $579,000. In two days the cost of the home jumped 49,000!! Talk about a flimflam business!

I explained to Tricia that we would not be interested in the home unless they honored the original price from Wednesday. An hour later Tricia called us back to let us know that she had to charge at least another $19,500 for the optional deck that was being added to the home. This is the same optional deck that was on the home two days ago when the home was originally priced. Tricia said she was fighting on our behalf. The $20,000 increase was the best she could negotiate on our behalf. Here is what is most insidious, Lennar did the same thing to our friends who wanted to move into the same neighborhood.

They offered a price and then increased the price by $10,000 when our friends went in to sign the paperwork. We were looking at much more expensive home on the top of the hill so they thought they could get away with charging an extra $20,000 to $40,000 because we could afford it. It's astounds me that a company with pervasive, deceitful, pricing practices is still in business. If this company isn't a target for a class-action lawsuit for chicanery, I don't know who is. An extremely disappointing purchasing experience. I can only imagine the horrors we would have gone through had we gone on to buy the home as others have experienced. If it were possible to give zero stars I would.

Original review: April 19, 2019

After purchasing a Lennar/WCI inventory home in August 2018 our nightmares and our terribly quality of life began. I am writing this in April 2019 and we still have contractors trying to fix some of the worse problems we have ever seen in a new built home. We built three homes prior to this and never could we imagine such a disaster. They hire the most incompetent contractors and use the cheapest materials. With this being said we have had approximately 31 warranty claims. Lennar has a terribly home warranty so many of the problems are not covered.

For the items and issues that are covered they keep sending out contractors that cannot fix the issue or they make the issue worse. This being said we are still waiting for cabinet doors since October 2018. Our kitchen island was damaged from the manufacturer (per the manufacturer) and we were told should of never been installed. So now we have a island that is so damaged that we covere it up with plants, flower arrangemetns and etc. Over half of the switch plate covers are crooked due to the boxes not being cut square. Chipped and broken tiles were used throughout the home and patched with grout and or caulk. The worse is our 4 sliding glass doors that are scratched both inside/Outside and between the glass.

Since we never had a walkthrough before purchasing the home we were told that the scratches would of had to be found at that time. So they are not covering our glass. Some of the glass is so scratched that it's hard to see through it. The large doors that are throughout the house are made of mdf (not wood). The home is less than one year old and the paint is chipping off and some of the doors are warping. The outside is just as bad as the inside. The stucco had patch work done that looked as if the place was shot up by gunshots. The grading between the houses is so bad that when it rains (and it rains every day in Florida) we have washouts and rotting grass from bad drainage. Our grass constantly has black mold and soggy. This is in the front, rear and side of the houses.

We have told Lennar this many times and they blame it on the rain. It's the grading and the fact that homes are only 5 feet apart and there are no gutters. The rain pours off the roofs and has nowhere to go. We have standing water all the time and it houses mosquitoes. The things I have mentioned are only a third of the issues that have not been corrected. We have gone to an attorney and were told that Lennar has themself covered on every issue so that no one could ever win a lawsuit against them. Basically once you bought an Lennar/WCI home you have no leg to stand on and you will never have any of your issues fixed or fixed properly. We had to have our own contractors come in to correct some of the issues and spent over $5,000 out of our pocket.

As for the job sites. They are never cleaned up at the end of the day. Paper trash blows everywhere. And we have had 6 tires so far with nails in them. Two cars are sports car and the tires were very expensive. We gave them the bill for two of the tires and pictures from the garage showing the nails in the tires. We haven’t heard anything from anyone from Lennar about compensating us. And unfortunately this development has just started to be built. It will be another couple of years till it's finished.

We are woken at 6:30 six days a week with the noise and hear it till 7:30 - 8 in the evening. Workers play music so loud that we have to ask them to turn it down so we can hear our tv in the evening. Lennar tells us to not approach the workers. It's obvious that Lennar/WCI does not care at all about the residents that bought their homes. They care about building as fast as they can to make as much money as they can. They have no respect for the residents. Our quality of life is being ruined every day thanks to Lennar/WCI.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I live in Richmond, TX in the Creekside Ranch community. I moved into our Lennar home in October 2018 after waiting 7 months build process. Had to put up with dirty construction sites to the right and left of my house. Now that the other homes are completed and the grade of their yard is higher than mine, water run off from my neighbor's sprinkler system settles in my yard. This happens every time the sprinkler is used. Water remains in my yard for more than 48 hours. Lennar refuses to even elevate grade of the yard and even less to install a French drain to correct the issue. Their solution - tell my neighbor to cut back on cycles of their sprinkler system. Talking about making my problem their issue! The issue is poor grading of my yard.

Do not buy a Lennar Home. Buy an Ashton Woods home as my daughter did because of all the hassle I've had with Lennar. Ashton Woods has done what every home builder should do. Take good care of their existing customers. As noted here by another customer in Florida also dealing with poor water drainage, Lennar make promises they do not keep and totally abandon their customers. This is a poorly managed company that delivers a sub-par quality product. Again, please do not buy a Lennar Home!

Original review: April 14, 2019

At Heritage Solaire in Roseville, CA, Lennar promotes an "Active Adult Community," promising a clubhouse with various recreational features including a pool and exercise room. That promotion/promise led me to purchase a home in February 2019. People who bought in August 2018 were told the future Solaire clubhouse with amenities was just months away. Now it is April 2019 and the clubhouse sits empty with no one working on completion. The latest promised completion is maybe June 2019 but given the undeveloped site, I seriously doubt that! The clubhouse is just at the entrance/exit of the community so we are all reminded every time we drive in or out, that nothing is happening. I feel duped and there is no recourse.

Lennar's disclaimer: "Existing and proposed amenities for the communities are subject to changes, substitutions and/or deletions without notice. Lennar makes no representation or guarantee that the communities or any amenities will be built out as currently planned." There is no explanation for the delay; all around the site house construction continues, so blaming the weather does not work. There are no torrential rains in California! So what is the reason for failure to complete the "Sol Centre?" I'm waiting for the "state-of-the-art planned future community clubhouse that offers the newest facilities & equipment designed with your well-being in mind and support (sic) an active and healthy lifestyle."

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have been complaining about drainage issues on my property for the last year and a half. They finally put in a French drain, but didn’t use rock, so it doesn’t do the job it should. I even offered to pay for the rock as long as it was done right, and Lennar still refused. They wear you out after a while. Now my neighbor is complaining about the same drainage problem on his property. The customer care rep. for Lennar is totally worthless. His solution for the drainage issue is tell your neighbor to quit watering his grass. I would never buy a Lennar home and caution other buyers. They are more concerned about being politically correct and $$$, than making their customers satisfied. They will promise you the world until you close, after that, you are pretty much on your own with no warranty back up. Buyers beware and look at their overall reviews before you making your final decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: April 3, 2019

Never been so heartbroken... Was shown a home today which after seeing home and lot, we put deposit down to hold home. Then we found out after all this excitement that the property shown was not even the property available. The "real" property has hardly any yard, after a screened porch there would be nothing. Then also was offered $5,000 for closing cost since we were using our own lender and then there's to only find out that they will offer NOTHING for not using their lender. Thanks Lennar! You will definitely not be getting our business, family's business or our friends'! Please tear up our deposit check...that you took on a property that wasn't even available.... You guys are ridiculous. BUYERS BEWARE! Lennar you do not even deserve one star!???

Original review: March 22, 2019

We bought a home in December 2017, the house was built by CalAtlantic, which was soon bought out by Lennar. We were assured that the warranty would be honored to the fullest. I had to fight every time I had an issue. I reported that the paint was changing color to a sunset pink in or around October of 2018 before the warranty was over. Then Brandon, the customer care person that was apparently assigned to me called in December 2018 before the warranty was ending to make sure that we did not have further issues so that we could get them in before the warranty was expired. I again at this time told him about the paint on the pop outs around the house (all of them) changing to a sunset pink form a more tan color. I was assured that they would be out to look at them. This never happened, I text and called him several times to try to set a date and he would always promise to call back with a time.

My dad was in town for 2 months and I begged for him to come out and take a look and let me know what could be done. He never called or showed up... I called the main office in Las Vegas on 3/21/19 to find out what they would do to correct the situation, and they informed me that the warranty was up and this was denied. I informed them that I reported this and filed several work orders with Brandon to get this fixed long before the warranty was up that that I would contact an attorney if the issue was not resolved. I let he know that they would be negating the contract if they did not fix the issue. This is such poor business. I will never recommend Lennar to anyone. I am not the only one with issues, it is most of my neighbors as well.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Lennar took my deposit, then sold the house while it was still under contract with me. Then told me that I lost my deposit. The lending company (Eagle Mortgage) will qualify you, then tell you that you do not qualify the week before closing, so Lennar sells your house and then keeps your deposit.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Skye is a new townhome community in San Diego. My husband and I made a deposit on a townhome in this community and that's when the nightmare in our life started. Our Closing Date has so far been changed 4 times in the following order: 7th Feb 2019, 22nd Feb 2019, 7th March 2019, 20th March 2019 and the next one is YET to come.

We have been told numerous times that delays in a new construction is common, which I understand. However, our biggest frustration lies in the fact that we were informed about the delays in Closing Date of March 20th during our Final Walk-Through on March 19th at 10AM. The Sales Consultant (Kyle Van **) wasn't even aware of the delays until we confronted him. The cause of delay? The paint wasn't finished yet, the electric meters weren't installed yet and city inspection wasn't done yet. Our apartment rental lease ends in 2 days with chance of extension.

Now instead of moving to our new home, we are moving everything to storage and will be living out of a temp housing. All of this coming as a shock to us a day before our closing date. All Lennar had to say is that they are sorry but this happens in a new construction and provide us a $250/day reimbursement for hotel and $30/day for food. For god's sake!!! Is that the most you can do for all the trouble??? My Mother lives with us. Can you imagine the inconvenience she will be put through at her age??

I understand that delays happen in a new construction but a company as big as Lennar unable to stay on top of their project managerial duties is highly unacceptable. Why were we provided less than a day to prepare for our move to a hotel?? The time off we have been taking off work, the stress we have been going through isn't being accounted for at all. All-in-all, I deeply regret making our deposit on a Lennar home.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Purchased my home in 2015. Started noticing the poor quality of workmanship mid 2016. Cabinets poorly installed with certain parts just sitting in place with no nails or screws, wood vinyl floor uneven with glue oozing thru, microwave vent function has 2 settings that do not vary (same speed), incorrect screws utilized in the shower drains causing rusting appearance, a variety of different aerators (filter screens) in the bathroom sinks, gaps between the siding and windows (ideal for water entry) and just recently hot air being blown thru the walls causing thermostat issues and temp false readings... ETC. ETC... ETC. Would not recommend Lennar or any of its business affiliates to anyone. I feel completely screwed!!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Updated on 03/13/2019: This company - Lennar Homes, LLC is so untrustworthy! Do not do business with them. After hiking prices within one week from the first day we went to look at their houses on March 1st, 2019, we received an urgent text message and phone call from the Sales person on Sunday – March 10th 2019, late afternoon, to inform us that her manager has approved the purchase price of $628, 898.00 for the house we were interested to purchase, but we must come in the same day to sign the deal. So, we came in to meet with the Salesperson (unprepared without a check since we were out and about).

She took our information, photocopied our driver licenses and proceeded to start the paperwork. She then told us to go home to get our checkbook while she is preparing the document, which may take 15 to 20 minutes. However, when we came back with our checkbook, she told us that there were issues with generating the paperwork due to the merge between Lennar and CalAtlantic, that the manager couldn’t fix because it’s the weekend hours. She told us to wait until Monday - 3/11/19. She was going to prepare all the document for us to do DocuSign online, and we just needed to wire transfer the down payment instead. Well, we have not heard from her since. We did not follow up and refuse to do business with such an unethical, untrustworthy and unprofessional company!

Original Review: On 3/1/2019, we went to look at houses (built by Lennar) in Parkland Bay– a relatively new development in Parkland, Florida. After looking at a few houses that we liked and that met our needs, the Sales Agent showed us the location of the houses on the site map and wrote down their prices with incentives. We weren’t sure which model to go with at first, but finally decided on the Hibiscus model plan. Then we took a pre-planned mini trip and was away from 3/3 to 3/6. On 3/7 we went back to look the houses again and were ready to purchase. However, the price had gone up twice without any notice from our Sales Agent. It went from $604k to $628k to $697k within a matter of one week! They did not honor the price we were quoted originally. What a bad business practice!

Original review: March 8, 2019

BEWARE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING WCI & LENNAR. My husband and I decided to make an offer on a new home in build and negotiated heavily and the major point in the negotiations were choosing options for the new home to our liking and budget. The sales agent representing WCI LENNAR told us that it wasn’t too late to make those changes since only the home foundation was poured assuring us it wouldn’t be an issue. With this agreement was condition that we used their approved mortgage lender as we would receive additional credit of 5k towards closing as well as a few other perks which would save us additional expense and time. While we agreed to all of this verbally and then contractually signing conditionally we gave a deposit of 1k with another 4k upon new contract which included all options.

While we waited for the Formal approval for the changes we requested on the options and to receive our new Contract with all the changes. Days passed then weeks with numerous texts and phone calls until one month then 6 weeks waiting. We were suddenly informed by a new sales agent that it was too late to make any changes and our Representatives error agreeing to the changes was incorrect and we now and would have to pay 16k in additional without any options or forego this property. We had already started purchasing new curtains for our home and sharing the new address with friends and family. We THOUGHT we were in escrow! We were given the option of selecting a new home lot with completion in 12 additional months and an increase of 40k.

We had option of taking a loan against our 401k but with a heavy penalty which was not only costly it was risky. We were placed in a bad position due to WCI LENNAR sales agent (they blamed) misinforming us and then the company not backing up their mistake but did dismiss the sale agent essentially admitting fault. But because we didn’t have the new corrected contract in hand we essentially had nothing, even with them admitting their mistake, we have nothing legally without the new contract agreement. We’re cancelled and waited over 3 months for our refunded deposit. HAND SHAKES AND AGREEMENTS MEAN NOTHING TO WCI & LENNAR. STAY AWAY...

Original review: March 5, 2019

We had to cancel our contract due to this horrible driveway. Mind you, this driveway is in an active adult community geared for 55+. Listen to the comments online. Do not buy from Lennar. Your concerns will not be resolved, especially from Peggy and Greg.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Great purchase for a starter home. I purchased a home in Pearland TX in a new community. ALl included and upgrades to my choice. Beautiful home. I had to move to AZ so I sold it after 2 years (1999-2001). I am now living in a DR Horton home. Quality is cheap, you wipe the finger marks off the wall and the paint comes off, No joke. Carpet became flat after 2 years. I cannot wait until I see and get another home.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Finally decided to buy a house through Lennar Home Builders in Florida. My experience with the title company was horrible. I was told the settlement is at 2 PM so I rushed 45 minutes away to the office. Got there on time and they told me, "Who said your closing is today." The lady looked like drained, exhausted and overworked. Finally after waiting three hours I was called for closing. Also Lennar does not have all the information in one place. I don't know where is the mailbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Bryan ** from Ft Myers will tell you that you can only use their lending services which is owned by them. If you refuse, then they will increase the price of the property. Realtors and Brokers, do not send your clients to Lennar.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Wanted to buy a new home from Lennar in Las Vegas. Lennar took my earnest money deposit of $5,000 and was told by our new home salesperson it would take 6 months to build and complete my home. 7 months later, home is still dirt. Lennar has not started to build my home yet. We tried to cancel our contract with our new home sales agent, but he is no longer working for Lennar. We contacted the Division President JOY ** who is by far the most unqualified division President I have ever spoken to. She was rude and condescending. Ms. ** will not refund our earnest money deposit. When we spoke to the New Home agent, she said we should sue Lennar because they do this all the time. How do they stay in business? We have a call into Stuart Miller the President of the company. So far no callback.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

As a disabled veteran, this was to be my forever home after retirement. I purchased this home in 2007. Unfortunately, it was a model and I wasn't made aware. The outlets were dummies and had not been completed. There is mold and large potholes in the backyard. The grading was done incorrectly and the rainwater goes into the house instead of away from it. Therefore the basement flooded. The carpeting had to be removed and it was discovered a large long crack the length of the entire floor. The entire house has separated from the landscape, along with the front steps and the steps leading from the garage to the laundry room. After the flooding in September 2017, an inspector was invited to the house and noted all of the above discrepancies. It was his recommendation to either move out or make these major repairs. Being on a fixed income, I can't afford to make these needed repairs. Plus I have exhausted all avenues for assistance.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My wife and I are tenants in a single family and townhome community built by Lennar in Miami. We have been living in this townhome for less than a year. We initially were excited about being in a brand new home but since we moved in, we have been dealing with one problem after another. The build quality is very poor. Caulk in the kitchen is already cracking. There are still wall markings from the construction workers on many areas of the house (our landlord should have taken care of this during walk through but still). Screw heads are visible on the walls even with the texturing.

Several electrical outlets either would not work outright or would pop the circuit breaker when used. The downstairs half bathroom toilet wouldn't work and a plumber had to come over and take the toilet off of the floor and eventually fished out a Coke bottle. Construction workers leave trash everywhere in this community so it's no surprise. Now we have zero water pressure coming out of the downstairs half bathroom faucet. The problems continue. After living here and seeing other reviews of Lennar, I would NEVER purchase a home that was built by them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Purchased the home Fall of 2018 and opened a warranty claim on November and 3 months later still not complete. They send emails back and provide excuses about not being able to schedule trades to come over and fix the problems, but they don’t follow up. I gave them a month advance notice of my scheduled vacation to schedule the trades and they procrastinated and didn’t schedule them. I was out of work for 5 weeks (a 5 week window to complete the work) and they couldn’t do it?

Their quality is very poor. The cabinets are separating from the walls, the tapes on the ceiling coming out, the structure is weak and when you walk just about everything shakes as an earthquake, there was a leak on the entrance of the patio where lots of water came inside and damaged the door and wall, there are huge drops of paint all over the walls and doors as if a teenager painted, rather than a professional and multiple walls are uneven with the baseboards. It is a poor job, and their customer service to get them to handle the claims is the worst. They have asked me multiple times to close the claim so they can reopen it and not age on their cases. This is dishonest and I don’t approve for them to close it until they can schedule the trades, just so they look good on the turnaround of their claims, when they have failed to address the issues. I have attempted to reach out to corporate and higher in the chain without any luck!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Purchased a new home in Herzog Farms in Vancouver Washington. The development was in a great part of town, however that is the only thing going for it. The workmanship is sub-standard on almost every level. The Amazon home package is nothing more than a hodgepodge of different systems that don't communicate well with each other. It would have been better to go with a complete ADT and Xfinity Security system. We have removed the Smart Home Hardware and gone with a complete system from another vendor. The concrete and finished carpentry work is terrible, and they won't warranty it. We have submitted several warranty claims through their warranty system, lots of acknowledgment emails, but no one rarely shows us. 90% of warranty items still unfixed. My advice, do not buy from Lennar.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My husband & I were so excited for the ‘everything’s included’, pride of 10’s for service satisfaction, great incentive package Lennar offered us. As we approached our walk thru and closing we quickly realized the craftsmanship out of the vendors Lennar used were sub par, sloppy and practically made us feel like we were purchasing a resale instead of new construction. The sod was practically dead, and we ‘blue taped’ excessively in every room of the home. We were told the cabinets wouldn’t be fixed in time for closing but the cabinet company would arrange for replacements when it was our time in the queue. I had to send 3 emails and 10 voicemails before they realized our original customer care rep never put in the order.

The vendors on neighboring lots cut our internet service lines twice, got stucco and paint all over the sides of our home. We had to chase Lennar to have it fixed. There was an error with our irrigation and I had to chase that fix. I could keep going. The largest issue I’m now battling is the fact that all of our interior door frames were missed measured and I have 1.5-2 inch gaps at the bottoms. The fix is to go down to studs and reframe. They don’t want to offer solutions to a reasonable fix for us the homeowners. Instead they want us to lose a week of work while they tear our home apart to ‘fix’ their mistake. All while I’m the only one emailing/calling for updates and progress reports. If you want service and a company to stand behind their work then don’t buy Lennar!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

From day one Lennar salesman stated the rear property should have pine straw on it, which plainly stated by the HOA it should be on the golf course zone. In my first HOA meeting they told me the rear property should be sold. Lennar refuses to do so.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased my home the summer of 2018; where do I begin. Do not purchase a home from this builder. My front door was suppose to repaired before I occupied my home. Come to find out all this company did was shift the door so I would check the box to confirm it was completed. After the weather changed the front door of my home shifted back and rain has entered my home to the point where mold is growing in my home. When making this company aware of the situation I was called a liar. They apologized after I had to send pictures of the mold.

Nevertheless, the contractor finally came inside my home to access the mold etc. Guess what? Found my door is crooked, but yet they claimed this door was replaced before I occupied my home. It’s 2019. Mold is still growing and this company is now saying, and I quote "in good conscience they could not expose my home due to weather conditions". The contractor even revealed that this is a defect in several homes. The rest is too long but beware if you decide to purchase your home from Lennar; walk away!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Though our home was constructed by WCI they were bought out by Lennar shortly after completion. The service experience was not good. Some issues were related to HVAC engineering which resulted in cutting out wet sheetrock multiple times. This led to mildew infestation due to delayed repairs. My other major complaint was the non enforcement of the 7 night minimum rental policy. This totally changed the complexion of the property. Too many cars, overcrowding...not what I expected. I must say I bought and intended to live at Lost Key full time. Other buyers were investing in rental property which clashed with my intentions. Do your homework!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Our former CalAtlantic neighborhood was acquired by Lennar and they have been nothing but terrible. ALL the two story homes in our neighborhood have mold and plumbing issues and they even forgot the support beams in one of the homes. They are now “finished” with our small, 31 home neighborhood and there is paint, oil spills on the road, trash from workers, disheveled landscaping and crooked light polls only for Lennar to come back and say “Sorry, you’re on your own.” Please please please heed all the warnings on this awful company. Lennar is nothing but subpar work and unfulfilled promises. Don’t say you weren’t warned!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I thought long and hard before leaving this review but decided that 6 months into buying my new home and things are still not complete was worth leaving a review! So after providing Lennar with my punch list with at least 100 items that still aren’t done and here we are six months later. Now you might be wondering if I’m just being picky. I think not! I just paid shy of $700k for my home and it’s not even perfect. I’ve been dealing with many imperfections and learning to settle for less because we are here six months later and it’s been a daily struggle to get them to send contractors out that can even do things right let alone know what they are supposed to do.

One of the last items on my list is the grading of my property. It floods with every rain and the grass is completely soggy and has been from move in. They have just started to address the issue after complaining for six months. They suggested a drain but clearly the property is poorly graded. Another issue is the paint on the exterior of two windows which do not open and I cannot reach from the outside since they are on the third floor. They send contractors out on rainy days only to say, "Sorry it’s raining. We can’t clean your windows." I’m tired of complaining and waiting which I beginning to think is their strategy so I’ll pay someone to do the work.

With those issues left to be done let me share the other issues... Our interior stairs were done 5 times. They warped, were stained blue and were just done wrong 5 yes 5 times. And now I’m just settling for what I have because I’m tired! My posts are all different shades of brown, the painting and caulking of the stringers is just terrible from all the gauges they made removing the stairs four times. Contractor after contractor have been in my house doing subpar work only to have to have Lennar send out a different one. It’s crazy!!! We have a night light in our bedroom because one of the lights on the dimmer doesn’t turn off all the lights! Let’s just say Lennar lacks attention to detail in a big way. I think the structure of the house is solid and that’s only because it’s still standing but detail is the worst.

They grouted my bathroom and kitchen grout the wrong colors and had to send someone in to stain the grout. No one is paying attention! Where are the project managers on these jobs? Thankfully I worked in construction so I’m able to do detailed work. But why should I have to. I paid good money for my house and expect to get what I paid for! So, Lennar if you’re reading this you need to send a team of people to my house that pay attention to detail and can fix and tidy up my house.

As of late, they used caulk on the kitchen counter between the counter and the tile and now it’s pulling away leaving a gap. Why wasn’t this grouted??? I could spend hours going on and on about their shoddy work. And it’s not just me, my neighbors will tell the same thing. Lennar shouldn’t be in the home building business! The one plus is they have been responsive in fixing things but it takes repeated calls, contractors coming out for the wrong things and not having correct work orders so they can’t do the work. But even then you just get tired of the subpar work that you just fix things yourself. I spent one week having contractors come in around the clock and still not fixed properly. So if you’re planning on buying a Lennar home, read these reviews first! I will never buy another Lennar home!!! EVER!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The roof has leaked almost from the time we moved in. Lennar claims the sealant is cracking and has come out to repair it, yet now a year later it is leaking again and they are telling me the roof only has a 2 year warranty. What roofing company EVER has just a 2 year warranty unless they know it is inferior materials they use. No house I have ever lived in has ever had this issue. I live in the Houston area my whole life and never came across the sealant continue to crack, regardless of the weather and all the hurricanes I have lived through. Does anyone know if there is a lawsuit filed in Texas?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We have had so many issues with Lennar. In the beginning they were happy to fix all the problems they had created with poor workmanship. But not all issues surface right away. We have a plumbing issue under the sink that has gotten much worse over time. The connection to the drain for the dishwasher and ice maker is shared. A plumber I recently paid to "fix" it told me it was originally installed properly. I told him his company does all the work for Lennar! Lennar refused to pay for it. So $200 later it is now worse than it was before. I want to get an attorney as all my neighbors are having the same issues. I just want the appliances and plumbing in my home that I paid a lot of money for to be installed correctly and work!! I would NEVER buy another home from Lennar and tell everyone that will listen to never buy a Lennar home, new or pre-existing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Absolutely terrible experience. My new house is less than 2 years but rain leaking into my house. One year warranty? They are a bunch jokers. I am ready to sue them. Read all 219 one star review from all over states they built. I do not recommend them and I wish other people don't make the same mistake that I made.

If you stay away from Lennar houses, you will not have house headaches. Next time I'll study the builder before I purchase. Learned a painful lesson.

Lennar Homes Company Information