Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.1/5 (63 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I am a realtor, when I registered my clients I was told the compensation would be 2%. I have spent many months showing them homes. When a home came available we accepted. Fast forward after three weeks I get my commission paperwork and it's only a flat fee. I was told they just changed the commission structure, and there is nothing they can do. I'm being paid 1/3 the amount I would have been paid if we have bought a regular home. I have a family to support. I find solace in the fact that I talked my clients out of thousands in unnecessary upgrades that would have benefited the builder. Short-changing realtors will come back to hurt you Lennar Homes. When the market shifts and you're begging us, once again, to bring our buyers? I'll be sharing this site with all your horrible reviews and I'll never recommend you again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

We have lived here 9 months.

1. During the buying process we were told we could belong to the club that included a pool, pickleball courts, etc. After closing I went to sign up and was told I could not join because they changed their minds about who could belong. When I talked to our salesperson she just shrugged and said oh well. The club was one of the reasons we purchased here.

2. The appliances are cheap and don’t work. After a huge hassle and numerous fixes we finally got the dishwasher replaced. Though it’s the same brand and model. My refrigerator hasn’t been fully functional in 2 months and after 5 repairs it still doesn’t work. They were supposed to deliver a new one but just didn’t show up.

3. Finding a customer service person to help is impossible because they can’t make any decisions and have to get approval - which can take weeks.

4. During the purchase process we constantly heard, “We do everything possible because we send out a survey and we want all 10’s. If you aren’t giving us a 10 we’ll fix it so that you will." I’m still waiting on that survey….because they aren’t even close.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Lennar’s lender could not work with us. We found a different lender that could work with us and close on time. Lennar cancelled our purchase agreement because we changed lenders. They also kept our $2000 earnest money. They demanded we use their lender and their contact to sell our current home. 5 different closing dates. We lost $5000 on a higher offer selling a rental property because of Lennar’s first closing date that they refused to budge on. Lennar finally agreed to refund the earnest money if we signed an agreement stating we asked for the cancellation. WE DID NOT ASK FOR THE CANCELLATION!!

We have emailed the company several times trying to get the wording changed in the agreement. They have never replied. I have received an automated email from Lennar almost every other day; some emails are for a purchase agreement, some to continue the lending process. We have continued to receive these emails even though we have driven by the house and it has been sold. In my opinion, Lennar is a bully and impossible to work with.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I bought a house a year ago and everything has fallen apart. Did our 11 month inspection. We have a leaky window, gutters falling off, nail sticking up on roof, windows and doors not sealed correctly. Paint spills everywhere, terrible caulking, fireplace cracked. The fence in the backyard is terrible and wasn’t measured so my dogs all can leave. C'mon.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I went today to get some information on buying a Lennar home today. When we got to the model home we were asked what kind of dog we had, because the HOA in the community that they’re selling homes in do not let Pitbulls in the community. I said, "You got to be kidding me right?" This needs to go public! Lennar homes, who do you think you are!!! A breed is not dangerous, owners that raise a dog in-properly and train the dog to be vicious are the problem! Do your homework, you could’ve sold a $400,000 house today! And I don’t want to hear how that is the HOA and the board it starts with Lennar setting up the HOA!

Original review: July 21, 2021

Since I purchased a unit that was previously used a model home and being a real estate attorney, I made sure to confirm prior to closing that I would still be provided the builder 1 year limited warranty even on a model home unit. The on-site agent confirmed and there was nothing in my contract stating otherwise. Shortly after I closed, everything shut down due to COVID including Lennar’s vendor that would have provided equipment and set up the wifi and other automated systems which came with the house. I was even willing to do the set up but the Lennar warranty rep was never able to send the equipment and in the end, I bought them on Amazon and self-installed.

Even the punch list items (simple items like peeling dry wall, uneven hand rail stain, etc.) were not timely addressed. It took Lennar over a year to get someone out to inspect and then they eventually totally bailed on the job, giving the excuse that it was not covered due to it having been a model home. I submitted numerous warranty claims, had written proof in the form of texts with the on-site builder and their warranty representative trying to schedule the work for better part of the year leading up to what would have been my 1 year review. Not only did the initial warranty rep schedule calls and then never showed up; the second representative came out to inspect and then days later got transferred without so much as a notification that someone else would be handling my claims; and finally, the last warranty rep tried to cancel an appointment the day we were scheduled to do and go over the 1 year warranty items.

None of the reps even knew that the unit was a model unit until I mentioned that fact to them. It would have benefitted me to lie to them but I chose to be truthful, correct their misinformation and for that Lennar used the prior model home status as reason not to fix items like nail pops and incomplete drywall work. Those are reasonable and customary 1 year requests never mind the fact that the drywall workmanship complaints were ongoing since before closing and never resolved. I was never advised of that there would be no warranty protection because I bought a Lennar model home, closed and was subsequently stonewalled whenever I would request warranty work. I would think twice before trusting this company or the word of their employees.

Original review: July 20, 2021

We loved the location, so we decided to buy. The agent Jonathon ** was very shady. He told us the lot we wanted has already been reserved, he will send us the site map which shows ones are still AVAILABLE. We reserved the lot and looking forward for the updates and closing. 3 months later, we received his update that there are THREE OTHER PEOPLE ALSO RESERVED OUR LOT, now we will have to send in the highest and best offer to complete with THREE OTHER BUYERS, on top of that, the lot/home we chose has went from $509,000 to $685,000.

WTF, when we confronted with Jonathon, he said "I never said that it's guarantee other buyer can't also reserve your lot". The reason we decided to go with new homes because we don't want to deal with bidding wars, and since we have bought homes from Lennar, we felt comfortable with them... 3 months later, we had no choice but to start search again... We will never work with shady Lennar in the future.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Zero stars!!! These low-down good-for-nothing bad actors need to be avoided like the plague. I put good money down for a house in construction...I am a millionaire...But I guess they thought they could sell the house for more money than they were contractually required to sell it to me for and so I just got a call -- weeks into the process, after selling my last house and moving into a temporary rental prior to moving (I thought) into the Lennar home -- that their Lennar mortgage company -- which they illegally force upon buyers -- was illegally and wrongfully turning me down for a mortgage in spite of the fact that I have more money than 90-98% of the customers who walk through their door and I proved it.

Lennar and its out of control mortgage company -- which you have to take (I was given no option to get another mortgage or even pay in cash -- they hung up on me after announcing they would not give me a mortgage (the size of which I'd had on my last house by the way!) -- are violating every federal law and regulation on fair housing and mortgage lending practices and I intend on proving it in court in in complaints to every federal and state agency there is that oversees their industries. I will see that they pay damages -- real and punitive -- for their legal and moral business transgressions.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Recently I wanted to buy a house with this company and Juan Carlos ** in the Davenport/Haines City, Florida area helped us from the beginning. He explained the contract, the most important parts he said, but he forgot to mentioned a BUILDER'S FEE of 1% from the total of the house price - a very important detail when it is more than $3,000.00!!!! When asked about it he said that because I am a Veteran buying I don’t have to pay for it but the contract was already signed. He refused to provide an addendum or a solution that all parts could sign explaining that I did not have to pay the builder's fee. He took too long so I took the decision of not to proceed with the purchase. So now they don’t want to return the $1,000 deposit when it was his/Lennar fault! So basically they are stealing $1,000. So be very careful with them!!!!

Original review: July 5, 2021

I purchased my home November 2018. Since I purchase I’ve had problems after problems. Lennar will not take accountability for any fraction that’s found in the home. I’ve placed a ticket multiple times since I purchased the home. My insulation was missing, bubbles in the floor, drainage in my back yard (I called different two companies out and they both said when it rains my yard holds water. It don’t drain, Lennar said it does and guess what I have a puddle of water just sitting for three days). Speaking on landscaping; I have three trees in my yard that never produced any leaves. Now I’m being fined by the HOA to replace the trees.

Let’s move to plumbing, when the shower is on in the master bedroom I can hear water droplets in the pantry that’s on the main floor. There is also a water leak from my ceiling located in the master bathroom. Lennar came out and claimed they fixed the problem, they Redid the drywall but never came back out to repaint the ceiling. They emailed me a closed ticket and it states that I wasn’t home Both times when the painter came by. Thank God for text messages; I never scheduled because I was out of town and I attempted to schedule when I returned but the builder manager stop responding. So, now I’m left with a ceiling that’s not painted.

Last but not least, water is dripping from a silver pipe on the side of the house. This is the last way issue. The reason I didn’t purchase an older home was to prevent having to repair major work so early on after I purchased the home. My Lennar home has been a nightmare since day one. My neighbors and I are planning a class action lawsuit against Lennar and we plan on contacting the news media out as well.

Lennar Homes Company Information