Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

289 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 3, 2019

Great purchase for a starter home. I purchased a home in Pearland TX in a new community. ALl included and upgrades to my choice. Beautiful home. I had to move to AZ so I sold it after 2 years (1999-2001). I am now living in a DR Horton home. Quality is cheap, you wipe the finger marks off the wall and the paint comes off, No joke. Carpet became flat after 2 years. I cannot wait until I see and get another home.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have read several reviews on the site regarding Lennar Homes. The overwhelming majority were negative so I wanted to document my journey so far. My experience hasn’t been perfect but it also has been far from a nightmare. I may have a slight advantage as I am a licensed Realtor although I do not work in the field full time. My initial interaction with Lennar was very pleasant and not as pushy or dismissing as some new home consultants can be. I typically wear sweats and comfortable shoes such as Crocs when I went out to view homes for myself and I think some new home consultants at other communities used that to gauge whether I could afford one of their homes or not.

However that was not the case at Lennar in Charles county even though it was at the Lennar location in Gambrills MD that I was sent to because they were the only site with a specific model I wanted to see. After viewing a few models I found one that I really liked but price conscious side of me was a bit Leery. I took some time to think it over and eventually decided to move forward after conducting some research. I went to the office on a Sunday to get more information and ended up signing my documents that day. Obviously the banks were closed and I had some training to attend for work for about a week so Lennar allowed me to place a deposit equivalent to what I could withdraw from the ATM and send the rest once my training was complete.

I chose my options that day and even called a relative over that I know was on the market as well Katrina stayed to answer all of their questions well past the time the office closes. Lennar made it very clear from the beginning that there was something that they wanted me to work on financially and before closing and I began work on that straight away. For me none of it was an issue because it was all things that I already had plans to pay down. I signed the paperwork with their office in April and was provided a construction completion date of Oct 31. After reading some of the reviews here I think it is important to stress that the construction completion date and the date you close will not be the same date.

Lennar scheduled a meeting with me and the construction manager updated the construction completion date to early Nov. and we were on our way. The loan/credit folks provided me with an action plan and I provided updates regularly. Sometimes they would best me to check on my status. I completed all of the requested action ahead of schedule so we made a few tweaks. The only person that was as responsive via email as I would have liked would be the loan officer but he answered his phone every time I called. Everyone else responded within a matter of minutes when I asked any questions or wanted to schedule some time to actually walk the home while under construction. I have not closed yet but everything is scheduled including my home inspection.

My advice to everyone is to get a home inspection. The new home consultant may act as if it’s not needed because the home is new but that’s not what the inspector is looking for. You want to get the inspection because the reality is a lot of the work is performed by contractors and people make mistakes. That is true for new and older homes, we just hope the mistakes are not something that dramatically impacts your ability to enjoy the home which is why you need an home inspector to flush out as much as possible.

I currently rent approximately 5 mins from the home I’m having built so I’m able to go by frequently and check on the progress and there are several people that work on the homes being built and I’m certain Minimal supervision is provided as they have several homes under construction at the same time. My only complaint would be if you sit back and wait for them to tell you what's going on you might feel as if they don’t pass information along well. I found out the dates for my walkthrough and closing from the new home consultant almost a month before I received the official email from the settlement coordinator.

The credit specialist told me that everything was good to go with my loan before I heard from the loan officer. So my point is that if you are buying with Lennar do not hesitate to ask question to anyone you can get in touch with and get a home inspection completed by a third party (that $400 could save you a lot of stress down the road). Remember that you are spending thousands of dollars and whoever holds the purse holds the control.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

So... I'm not really sure what all of the bad reviews are. But I would like you to know my experience. My husband and I bought a house at Lennar at Lake Ridge in Manchester NJ. My sales rep Karen is and was and is amazing. From day 1 of dealing with Lennar has been wonderful. Karen is the nicest, kindest hard working sales rep ever!!! I had a very small issue at my home last week. It has been 6 months since we closed. Anyway, I called her since she gave me her cell in the very beginning. Within an hour she got back to me even though she was on a surprise birthday trip in Paris. Then I called warranty which answered immediately and had a guy out here that same afternoon. And in 5 minutes found the problem and told me it will be taken care of.

From day 1 of walking into the sales office, buying our home... which is absolutely perfect walk thru closing and any little problem I might have had has been addressed and taken care of immediately. And I will admit I am a bit intense. And not 1 time have I had a single issue dealing with anyone at Lennar. They have been pleasant, kind, patient, accommodating. I do not have 1 bad thing to say. So all I will add if you live in NJ. Buy LENNAR!!! AWESOME HOME AND PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just closed on a Lennar Home in LaMorada in Naples, FL. Before signing papers I read some of the very negative reviews and was most reluctant to build, but after speaking with several representatives of the Company and homeowners, I decided to proceed. I built the home while still living in New York, and only visited the site a handful of times during the building process. I could not be happier with the final product. Customer service representatives, Catherine **, was always very responsive to any questions or concerns. Upon moving in there were just a few cosmetic adjustments that needed to be made.

It is not like the custom made homes I have built in the past where adjustments can be made and rooms made larger, but the ease with which the home is constructed, with fewer decisions made the process so much easier. The builder in Charge, Dan, was highly responsive to the few requests I had upon moving in and the work was completed quickly and efficiently. It has been a very positive experience from start to finish, (except for working with their lending department which refused lending to me despite the 850 credit rating). I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was shocked when we first saw these bad reviews a year ago. We went ahead and signed. We had an agent who used to build new homes so knows what to look for. During our walkthroughs he kept saying how "clean" all the seams were, the details were looked after. The inspector caught a few outlets not working, but nothing major. Our neighbor had an issue with the siding guy nailing through his gas line, but accidents happen, and Lennar sent everyone out right away.

There were a couple times we reached out as we saw progress was being made but didn't hear anything (you can do your due diligence too you know), but from the sales rep, to construction manager, to final walkthrough guy we were happy with their customer service and still stop by to talk and ask how the house is going. Overall, if you are looking to build with Lennar, take these reviews with a grain of salt. Remember that there are THOUSANDS of people who are happily moved in and are busy painting, moving furniture, getting their kids enrolled in schools and do not have time to complain on websites.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

They miraculously pre-qualified us using their in-house lender Eagle Home Mortgage. Then several months before closing date, they send a letter stating we do not qualify. They will not return our deposit. They are crooks!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I purchased a newly constructed Lennar home in April. I am very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. I had an inspection done prior to closing. My inspector found a long list of issues. Once I moved in the problems continued. I had to clean the entire house from top to bottom before I could move in. There was paint all over the floor and cabinets which was extremely difficult to remove. Door handles fell off, faucets came lose in the master shower and guest bathtub, sprinkler system broke resulting in a $220 water bill, cabinets doors were crooked, cabinets drawers were not secure because the railings were not long enough to screw in, sheet rock dust and mud was everywhere, gate latch broke and my dog got out, blinds were not properly sized, chips in bathtubs, doorbell stopped working, outside dryer lint duct was not properly installed which could have resulted in a fire.

The list goes on and on. If I were Lennar I would be embarrassed to have my name associated with a home in this condition. Buying a home is a sizable investment and I understand there will be a few issues that will need attention. However, most of my issues could have been prevented with proper management and quality control. I will never buy a Lennar home again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Simple things that should be thoroughly checked before a buyer moves in are not checked. Cheap equipment and poor quality workmanship. Customer service is great, but worker builder quality is extremely poor. Light switch that does not work, sinks that become discolored when used. Drain plugs that do not close properly after using once. Bugs in homes that could have been taken care of. Cheap appliances like refrigerator that has broken in less than 2 months. Cable wires for Comcast that are not laid properly--hence 1 extra week to call cable company to get Internet installed.

There are other normal component in the home that I am not faulting them so much for, but I see cracks in the walls currently--could be due to settling in the new home. Workers continually building next door drop dirt and debris on your property. Builder is not respective of your basic right to sleep on a Sunday morning. Noise ordinances for most neighborhoods will not allow such a thing. However, this builder allows construction workers to come here at 6:45AM in the morning on major holidays and Sundays (I had to complain 3x) and I think they now come at 9:00am on Sunday. Weekdays @ 7:00am is expected because it's a workday, so I have no problem with that.

Overall, the quality of these homes are nowhere close to what I expected for the money I paid. You may as well just go with any unskilled contractor because that is what you will get with Lennar homes. I am utterly disappointed and hate coming home to my house after I have been away for a few days. It's been only about 2 months, and I have not even had a chance to use most of the appliances other than the refrigerator which has already failed. I also got locked in the Garage because the bolt connecting the arm to the automatic door somehow came off, and the door would not open. What's next? This is what's in my mind when I am coming home. In this case, this home is a piece of crap. I am losing soooo much of my time running around, cleaning up spills and stains + other that I should have just bought a fixer upper and I would have been in the same boat except that it would have cost less.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Was sold as a "smart home" but when Amazon arrived to do set up, they indicated Lennar had not done the wiring to handle Smart Home installation features. Nor had it been wired for proper cable TV set up. None of the structural and cosmetic items that were designated to be fixed prior to settlement were done. Six months after moving in the tub in the guest bath fractured and cracked open and became unusable. The Customer Care site does nothing. You receive emails from people whose name no one knows when you inquire about getting issues fixed. Regarding grounds upkeep. It's covered with weeds and all the plants are dying. This despite the monthly fee that's mean to tend to the grounds. Be prepared to do your own weeding and plant replacement.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Nightmare in Verona Trace. I have to say we are living a nightmare. The sales process was smooth and closing seemed to be easy as we were told that any issue that would arise would be taken care of within the year warranty. We closed on May 28th, 2019. It has been issue after issue after issue. From defective tile. (Ohhh yes, our tile is defective and has to be replaced completely. I have kids and pets and will have to stay in a hotel for probably 15 days. This is a work in progress. Haven't even started this repair, just think of the mess, removing all cabinetry, redoing bathrooms and all the dust, still want a new home?).

In the last 2 months I have already had GE appliance out twice (not related to construction issues but the equipment given isn't the best quality so look to upgrade or keep it in mind when purchasing. Your outlets may not work, check the GFI. My daughter's room lost power every day for an entire week until they sent someone and realized they had some wires crossed... It's the story of the home, no pun intended. My kitchen windows need to be replaced, one window in particular the blinds don't fit properly as the drywall seems to be lopsided. The stair rail has primer on it and was never completed on the second floor.

Almost every room there are flaws in the drywall and ceiling, even with the knockdown texture it's very noticeable. The garage floor has cement. Needs to be pressure cleaned to remove all the excess cement. Ok so we want to install our fence, but we can't cause the block all the homes on our square don't have proper drainage. So while the mister and I thought they were getting new grass turns out the ground is sooooo saturated that the cement and the 4x4 pilings won't dry.

Fence company advised we need to survey the ground and rip out all the grass which we have been fertilizing so great there is another expense there down the toilet. Talking about toilets... don't know if the construction crew disposed of materials but had some backup the first night we closed. Not fun. Aside from having what we thought was going to be our dream home we have had nothing but issues. I work in the property management industry and one of the things I learned was that it is key to be transparent.

Good, bad or indifferent, if you return calls and even if you don't have good news or no news it's best to make sure the customer is aware that they were heard and their issues will be attended to. Why doesn't Lennar have a quality control person?! The worse part is we bought not just one home. Our parents bought a townhome in the same community. Too late to back out now... Going in this with scuba gear and will hold our breath! Please consider all options before choosing Lennar. Will be reposting until an associate contacts me.

Lennar Homes Company Information