Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We had a great experience with Lennar and their entire customer service employees while building our home in Utah. Amazing workmanship, high quality material, and amazing service throughout the building process!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

It's hard to read all of these reviews be excited about Lennar, but I thought to provide my honest feedback. First off, no home is perfect, even if new. If you expect that, then the home sale price should have two commas in it, not one. That said, I have had the same cosmetic issues, minor delays, and general warranty concerns others have outlined. I have had nothing but a positive experience with the group that built our home and would like to publicly thank Dan ** for his quick responses and service.

Now that we are in the 2nd month I have submitted a couple of small warranty claims only to be responded to right away and then contacted by Dan on an update/answer/resolution. Service comes down to two things. 1. A process (that being the warranty claim on the website) and 2. the individual conducting the service. Dan has shined in every aspect to make our experience as positive as possible. I hope nothing changes and we don't experience issues others have described, but thanks to Lennar and our construction team for their care to make our service as good as advertised.

-Chris and Steph

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Hello All: I have read more than 400 reviews in reference to Lennar LLC both positive and negative. With any new construction, whether it be Toll Brothers, DR Horton, Ryan and Lennar Homes this is what to expect. Also, for existing homes as well. As a Retired American Veteran who has worked in Military Housing, as a Realtor and now a HUD Employee, suggested working closely with the Company/Builders to ensure that all are in compliance with HUD/US Builders/Realtors Associations and the Department of Community Affairs.

Not only that, read your documents before signing them and don't let know sales/real estate consultant rush you into know type of agreement; don't let them dictate to you what you can place for a down payment and your closing date. You are the one that is in control of this large investment; take pictures of each building stages if possible and find out if the labor workers are licensed for the trade they are assigned to accomplish. And if you are a Disabled American Veteran or anyone with a Disability, make sure that they are in compliance with the American Disability Act (ADA) for what alterations you need for your new home. It's the LAW. My real estate sales consultant Jamie, has been very good and knows that I am very I have the experience and very knowledgeable in this business area. DO YOUR HOME AND DON'T BE RUSHED.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We fell in love with a particular half-way finished house in Henderson and needed to switch to our private lender after a few weeks, but Lennar honored all incentives and were amazingly accommodating!

Original review: March 3, 2019

Great purchase for a starter home. I purchased a home in Pearland TX in a new community. ALl included and upgrades to my choice. Beautiful home. I had to move to AZ so I sold it after 2 years (1999-2001). I am now living in a DR Horton home. Quality is cheap, you wipe the finger marks off the wall and the paint comes off, No joke. Carpet became flat after 2 years. I cannot wait until I see and get another home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We can’t believe what this builder is getting away with in the state of Florida. I’ve never owned/built a home that I wasn’t proud to call home. However, that changed with my Lennar home. Embarrassing poor workmanship, extreme drywall flaws that are so bad in the arches it’s pathetically embarrassing, electrical issue in the kitchen, an oven that vents over the underlying drawer handle that scalds your hands, plumbing problems in master shower because the tile installer flushed the grout and tile down the drain. A shower head that leaks throughout the night, ac unit inside was framed improperly with drywall gaps. Windows that are so out of square – one is 1” higher in master bedroom.

Warranty follow ups unsuccessful. Drywallers made the arches worse (3x). Now Lennar is declining to fix it calling it a cosmetic problem. Ac still under review as to who is going fix it (future problem would be mold). Window problem is still under assessment as to how to fix it. Plumbers been out 2x. Shower still burping water throughout the night Leaving a constant puddle in the shower. Oven design has yet to be fixed. A dummy drawer needs placed between the bottom of the oven and the drawer. Overall The attitude of the Lennar representatives is this is the way it is. Quantity is all that matters. They stall on warranty issues. They hire unqualified workers to build houses and then send them out to fix the problems they created.

We spent close to 1/2 million for this house. We don’t know what future problems that may arise as we have only been in the house several months. We don’t know our legal options if this incompetence of sending unskilled workers continues. Lennar needs to be held accountable for the poor quality (is an understatement) houses they are selling as high end homes. So emotionally Stressful! If you're reading this I’m in Wesley Chapel Union Park. We need to come together and fight this big corruption of a corporation. It’s an ethical issue and pitiful. We all should be enjoying our new homes and be treated with respect. Instead we are being told to accept!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

We are currently under contract with Lennar and in the last step of finishing the home loan application. However, from the appraisal report we realized that Lennar lies on the square footage of the property. And there's a huge difference between the square footage on their listing compared with the appraisal report. What a shock for my whole family since we are at the very last step of closing this deal! 700 square feet does matters but Lennar doesn't even want to admit the fact. They told us the mistake is made by the previous rep but now she's gone so Lennar will never be responsible for this. No chance to re-negotiate the price. Or maybe no chance to get the earnest money back. I pay $7,000 to learn such a lesson from Lennar. Hope I can check out this website before purchasing house from Lennar. My advice for people who want to purchase their dream house is NEVER EVER CONSIDER LENNAR!!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Since 3 months that I have purchase the house the door from hallway closet measure is too small for the space. I contact Lennar representative Mr. Jeff and Mr. Michael about when will they install the correct door, but the past month I email and text this 2 person and no answer at all. They ignore me. So this is how lennar operate? When they received the full money at the closing and they forget about they responsibly? Call me lennar! But I don't want promises! I want action! **

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

As a first time home buyer here in Florida I was very excited to have found a floor plan that I loved and what I thought an honest sales rep. The sales rep mislead me from the very beginning. First with stating after myself and realtor asked about CDD that the community I purchased in was not CDD (later as I’m meeting with lender I find out it is and now I need more monies at closing). I was very adamant about no CDD communities, so I know what I asked. The rep said he never told me otherwise.

Initially, the rep gave me a purchase price and two weeks later came back and basically said, "Sorry I gave you the wrong price and management won’t honored the price I gave you" (which was an 11,000 difference) then the back and forth with the down payment etc... What was suppose to have been a joyful experience has turned into a nightmare. My house is still under construction and I can’t back out now because I will lose all the money I have put into it. But buyers be aware. The representative have done nothing but lie, lie, lie!!!

I should have known and seen the warning signs from the get go. But I was hopeful. Buyers do your research before signing with Lennars and don’t believe a word they rep has to say. I will be going public with the local news channel and exposing reps name if CDD is not credited and issues arise with closing and final walk through. People work hard for their money and to achieve such goals. It is sad how there are people out there that take advantage of others to benefit themselves. The rep and management are only focused on the bottom line and what they will gain vs the customers satisfaction. Worse experience!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We bought a Lennar built home in a Naples development, Artesia, that had been started by another company, WCI, and later taken over by Lennar. You could tell at a glance the attractive buildings built by WCI compared to the sterile prison camp-like buildings put up by Lennar. After moving in we discovered how Lennar had cut every corner: no insulation between the thin wallboards — sounds carried throughout the house; the lowest quality appliances and fixtures; cheap and short-life screening over pool. We are in our third month here and nothing has broken down yet, so they deserve that one star.

Lennar Homes Company Information