1.56/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

lennar.com

193 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Lennar is unethical in its business practices. We started to sense that there was going to be trouble down the road so we canceled our contract to build a townhome with them in Media PA within the allowable cancellation window. Lennar acknowledged that our refund would be made in full and delivered to us within 2 to 4 weeks. It is now 10+ weeks and we’ve yet to see a dime nor will they engage in a conversation with us. Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Run the other way if you’re considering buying or building with them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Dishonest company! I have never seen or experience such unethical behavior from any company. Lennar staff does its business to take advantage of the customer. They are unorganized and unprofessional. Just to handle the floor we went there 4 times and at the end, they installed what they wanted. If I mention the incentives and mortgage rate, this can be a long story. They have the higher rate and don't want to give the incentive they promised.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was really disappointed with customer service, email communication is not clear. The project kept delaying, and due to that we have extend our rate lock, and paid all the money from our pocket. We tried to reach salesperson, she replied back with "As for asking to cover the cost of extension, we cannot do that. The builder cannot come back to you and increase your sales price even though it has gone up over $100,000 (we are selling your plan on the second floor for $993,880)."

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

So... I'm not really sure what all of the bad reviews are. But I would like you to know my experience. My husband and I bought a house at Lennar at Lake Ridge in Manchester NJ. My sales rep Karen is and was and is amazing. From day 1 of dealing with Lennar has been wonderful. Karen is the nicest, kindest hard working sales rep ever!!! I had a very small issue at my home last week. It has been 6 months since we closed. Anyway, I called her since she gave me her cell in the very beginning. Within an hour she got back to me even though she was on a surprise birthday trip in Paris. Then I called warranty which answered immediately and had a guy out here that same afternoon. And in 5 minutes found the problem and told me it will be taken care of.

From day 1 of walking into the sales office, buying our home... which is absolutely perfect walk thru closing and any little problem I might have had has been addressed and taken care of immediately. And I will admit I am a bit intense. And not 1 time have I had a single issue dealing with anyone at Lennar. They have been pleasant, kind, patient, accommodating. I do not have 1 bad thing to say. So all I will add if you live in NJ. Buy LENNAR!!! AWESOME HOME AND PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

They are very unprofessional. You’d think if you’re spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, someone will call you a week before closing to tell you, “YOU’RE NOT CLOSING.” Our closing date was changed 3 times, and then the last time they said “we’ll let you know in about a week a new date”. This was 5 days before my scheduled closing. So imagine, my lease is up, I’m packed up, and I have nowhere to go. But I’m suppose to wait for you guys to procrastinate on my home. I stopped by the house almost daily. I watched as they put up framing for other houses, bricks, shingles, everything. But my house was a week from closing and it was 60% done. The office and the builders don’t communicate. No one knows anything. If you can avoid it, do not buy a Lennar home. You’ll be waiting months for your house to be built and your closing date will change constantly. Not worth it. Oh and you can make any home a smart home for a fraction of the price???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am a buyer of new home at **. The committed closing date was October 1, 2018 then closing date was moved to November 15, 2018. The builder has told us about the construction that it has stopped due to contractor’s unavailability. Why should we suffer because of contractor’s unavailability and for how long? We gave everything on time and we expect same from Lennar, are we expecting too much if we are cooperating and saying that at least keep moved closing date which is November 15, 2018. Please help to keep the closing date as November 15 by expediting the construction for **. My family has already suffered a lot due to this delay.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

After presenting our offer to the sales manager with our agent and broker, then later accepting their verbal counter-offer and then later meeting to sign the sales agreement (sales manager then didn't show); our agent was told by Lennar that we could not have any buyer representation as we had previously toured the models and asked questions. So confused, humiliated and frustrated we canceled our deposit, listing agreement and third new Lennar dream home purchase.

Lennar's passive aggressive cavalier approach flows over to construction practices (e.g. inadequate construction trash bins that have no top doors for debris containment, poor or no site cleanup, fugitive dust blowing, speeding trucks, etc.). Painful to write this review after all we have invested in the community. Worked with the City of LQ for our first year regarding the fly infestation from an illegal (i.e. no licenses or conditional use permits) for a nearby horse boarding ranch constantly covered in manure.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just closed on a Lennar Home in LaMorada in Naples, FL. Before signing papers I read some of the very negative reviews and was most reluctant to build, but after speaking with several representatives of the Company and homeowners, I decided to proceed. I built the home while still living in New York, and only visited the site a handful of times during the building process. I could not be happier with the final product. Customer service representatives, Catherine **, was always very responsive to any questions or concerns. Upon moving in there were just a few cosmetic adjustments that needed to be made.

It is not like the custom made homes I have built in the past where adjustments can be made and rooms made larger, but the ease with which the home is constructed, with fewer decisions made the process so much easier. The builder in Charge, Dan, was highly responsive to the few requests I had upon moving in and the work was completed quickly and efficiently. It has been a very positive experience from start to finish, (except for working with their lending department which refused lending to me despite the 850 credit rating). I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

This company thrive on home shortage nation-wide and arm twist poor and unlearned citizens buying their homes. 1. False advertisement of school district within their housing development, Lennar website and last minute swap on document to unsuspecting/innocent buyers. 2. Very poor customer service, unprofessional and improperly trained sales and customer care/follow-up punch-list items staff/reps. 3. Beware of un-inform and unfinished garage, poor and cheap building products, stain-prone indoor wall paints, unseal grout, poorly installed cabinets, hidden and damaged floor board covered with carpet, etc.

P.S: Sales doesn't walk customers through model homes to explain and give opportunity to ask questions... they simply show you where the model homes is and when you return or not, hand you pricing sheet or have you sign home contract. If you reading this, stay AWAY from Lennar Homes, go for local builders within your community... otherwise GOOD-LUCK.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I am two days away from closing and seriously considering walking away. The Mathis Place at Pembrook in McDonough. Let me start by saying the model home is beautiful. The problem is you get hardly anything in it. No refrigerator. They have added walls to the plan that they never disclosed until I saw it. No cable outlets, no ceiling fans. And, most of the wall outlets are for "decoration purposes only". The on site agent loves to say everything is included. Do not be fooled.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I recently build and purchase a home in Frederick County at Jefferson Place and I’m in the process of moving in. When doing my inspection you never really see everything until you move in. Very unhappy with the overall quality and workmanship by LENNAR and their contractors. I don’t believe that LENNAR has any type of program in place to verify or test appliances or verify work quality or for that matter to see if it works properly. They just want to get your money get the sale and move on to the next one. My HVAC furnace doesn’t work properly. The venting and exhaust/inlet air or piped in reverse to where the furnace will not operate.

I called warranty and emailed and they suggested that I called the contractors myself. What is the purpose of their warranty service. I called the warranty contractor for my HVAC furnace and waited from 3 o’clock until 6 o’clock. Finally the guy showed up and was what appeared to be intoxicated and extremely unprofessional. I would not let this person in my house. I sent him away. While using the oven for the first time last night all the smoke detectors went off and the house filled up with smoke. Went to turn on over-the-counter vent fan which did not help at all due to it hasn’t been vented to the outside of the house of course.

Checked with most of my neighbors. None of their over-the-counter Vants work either. They also experienced the same problem when cooking. It would appear that the appliance installer just doesn’t know what they’re doing. So again today I have to call warranty to have yet another problem fixed or rectified that should’ve been caught by the builder on some sort of final inspection. Overall paint drywall and finish is horrible. Supposedly once the house is finished and before turn over a higher up from LENNAR walks the house and doesn’t inspection is this guy blind.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased a home 4 years ago from Ryland Homes. The property came with a 10 year structural warranty. Ryland homes has since been purchased by Lennar. Part of my roof is literally falling off because the plywood underneath was never nailed to the supports and it is literally falling apart. I called to put in a claim against my warranty. NO ONE will help me and all I got is some woman yelling at me over the phone that they will not do anything about it because they didn't build the home. But when I said, "Yes. But you purchased the company that did build the home so you assume the liabilities of that company," he just yelled at me and hung up on me. I now have no choice but to file a lawsuit against them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We moved in to our MODEL home, with all the upgrades and supposedly support, associated with the purchase. We closed on July 22-2018. The garage was the office for the sales team. The conversion took about 3 weeks. They meaning Lennar support first indicated that we purchased AS IS. Then I told them to convert the garage back to the office. Purchased AS IS remember. They completed the garage as requested.

Then the water started to flow, not completely out of the sinks. The main Master bathroom shower underground pipes broke, therefore the water spilled all over the rugs and padding in the master bedroom. The upstairs shower drain was not properly positioned causing water to come down the ceiling and on top of the refrigerator. The entire problem is basically caused by downright (NO QUALITY CONTROL). We as the customer put 350K on the table for their business to grow and flourish, we ask for help. NO RESPONSE. We open tickets. They generate auto response with a lie.

It is September 12, we have holes on the ceiling in the kitchen, and holes on the ceiling in the master bathroom and toilet walls. Don't forget, we closed on July 22nd. Lennar, senior management has been informed via E-mail. I think that the consumer should really give Lennar a dose of Social Media exposure. Maybe that would generate a real human response, instead of a ROBO generated note.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Lennar took over this development from CalAtlantic and everything has gotten worse, not better as we all hoped it would be. The workers appear to be unsupervised and basically there is no control. Trash and garbage fill the construction and residential areas, landscaping (can I even call it that?) is horrible, speeding and careless operation of vehicles by workers has been out of control, loud music 10 hours a day on job sites is against their rules but they allow it anyway.

Our own home has been fairly okay with the exception of looking like a spiderweb with all the stucco cracks. But others have been so unfortunate. Fire sprinkler system leaks in the ceiling twice, kitchen flooded, cabinets not installed by closing, damaged cabinets, missing hardware, electrical outlets falling out of the enclosure, and pushed back closing dates apparently due to a lack of workforce. (Don't even ask why their workforce has been decimated, but you can guess.) Lennar dismisses complaints and doesn't respond to e-mails. Frankly, I would never buy a home from them and would never recommend them to anyone based on current issues.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We tried to purchase a new home from Lennar at the end of the quarter so they were anxious to close in two weeks, closing day arrived none of the punch list was complete so we felt rushed and wanted to wait a day or two so items could be completed. I have read their complaints about never fixing repairs after closing. Then Barbara ** threatened us if we didn't close at 10:30 pm at night, anything sounding fishy yet. After we didn't close of Labor Day weekend from Friday night, we got charged a per diem of 300$ per day.

Then came to working day Barbara ** said we can't close now and then refused to return and emails or calls, they did return my escrow less 250. I tried getting a hold of a higher up CEO like Jon Jaffe. He said he would help then he disappeared too. This company is so shady. I have never seen customer service this bad. Worse than anyone. Why treat customers like this? Now we have a month to find a home from somewhere else. Oh God help us! Buyer beware. Consumer beware.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

They used a concrete breaker on an excavator to break up the perfectly good foundation on the 20 million dollar home that was there so that they could have a second basement. This and associated excavation took years. They did nothing to mitigate the impact on the neighbors. Now they have enough lights for a small city that they never turn off. There HVAC system is the size of a hotels and makes lots of noise. Pigs. Pigs. Ugly Pigs.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Lennar provides closing documents at 7 pm the day before closing. When I said it wasn’t enough time to review with my attorney they said I didn’t need a review and threatened me that I would lose my $40k deposit if I didn’t sign and send remaining funds, so I was coerced into closing without proper legal advice. I have emails to back it all up. Stay away from Lennar.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Purchased an inventory home from Lennar @ Artesia in Prosper, Texas. Noticed that the rain water was not draining and pooling on both sides of home. Even after many days of rain, water puddles would still remain, as grading from back to the front of the yard was so poorly planned. This is a very common problem in this neighborhood especially with Lennar but not other builders like Megatel.

Now because of the draining issue, 1. mosquitoes breed in the stagnant water and increases risk of mosquito borne diseases. 2. Algae grows as the surface stays wet for long time/many many days. These algae can be dangerous to kids, pets. 3. Slip and fall hazard because of mushy areas and algae. 4. Also the grading from the wall of the house to the side yard is very steep. This steepness combined with mushy areas, makes it difficult to mow the lawn. Once brought to their attention, they take forever to address and to even acknowledge. One should consider carefully before buying inventory homes with Lennar.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was shocked when we first saw these bad reviews a year ago. We went ahead and signed. We had an agent who used to build new homes so knows what to look for. During our walkthroughs he kept saying how "clean" all the seams were, the details were looked after. The inspector caught a few outlets not working, but nothing major. Our neighbor had an issue with the siding guy nailing through his gas line, but accidents happen, and Lennar sent everyone out right away.

There were a couple times we reached out as we saw progress was being made but didn't hear anything (you can do your due diligence too you know), but from the sales rep, to construction manager, to final walkthrough guy we were happy with their customer service and still stop by to talk and ask how the house is going. Overall, if you are looking to build with Lennar, take these reviews with a grain of salt. Remember that there are THOUSANDS of people who are happily moved in and are busy painting, moving furniture, getting their kids enrolled in schools and do not have time to complain on websites.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Our first bad experience was at closing. We were promised a new fridge as the old was dented badly. It was in the garage at final walk through. Three days later the maintenance manager said they would come swap them. When they arrived they insisted they were hired only to remove the old fridge. The maintenance manager was standing there and I filled Him in. He told me it was between me And the service Guy (you hired him!). That was my first clue. The cabinets don’t sit straight when closed. The pull out pantry shelves fall off track when weight is added.

The tile in master bath has cracked from door frame to door frame. The AC is installed so **. There is no soil, it’s rocks, clay and sod. My AC leaks so badly. Egress window is full of water and mold. I have mold growing in the grass. The paint provided doesn’t match. Even from the maintenance person. Paint is all over the stained floors and steps. I am no longer allowed to deal with the Maintenance manager because I gave a bad review so now I have to go through the website. 48 hrs later if you are lucky you might get a phone call.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I can’t express the level of disappointment! Cheap Materials, Terrible Construction, drywall is paper thin! Electrical outlets don’t work! Defected tiles, missing pieces to bathroom vanities. Appliances are horrible and don’t work properly! Missing rain gutters! No proper irrigation in the community. Oh and Water pressure there is none!! I repeat. Don’t buy from Lennar!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We signed paperwork in January for a new house build with CalAtlantic and had a closing date on contract of August 9th (today). No communication through June until we met with construction manager who indicated their schedule looked like September...what? We are lining up house sale, furniture delivery, moving coordination and no communication from our builder. We've gone back and forth with excuses, weather, permitting process, and in the meantime watch 6 Lennar spec homes go up around us...guess they are not impacted by the held up processes. Today our house sits framed with electrical and HVAC in with no schedule for drywall or follow-up work to take place as well as no hard date for close...currently estimated in October. Not happy and am hopeful that the quality of finished product is better than their delivery communications or this will be a hard fight...

Original review: July 27, 2018

We purchased a house in Vero Beach FL several months ago. Since, we have had a couple issues. Such as the shower door installed incorrectly causing water to come out. Driveway pavers shifting. Kitchen counters had no sealer. Bar part of counter was leaning down. The list goes on. It took Lennar 2 months to address issues. Since then, other things have come up. Such as kitchen cabinets separating inside (all of them at the bottom). Broken tile. Second floor cracking. Pavers shifting. Uneven sod in front and back yard etc, etc. Bottom line is that it has taken me to call corporate to get a callback. I have included some pictures. I was told that the outlet to the stove is fine and that I must go to Home Depot to buy the supplies for the bar.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Never ever done this before, write a review. To anyone even considering buying in this development (Lennar Westshore Natomas California)...don't. Get in your car and drive away as fast as you can. The agents on site will downright lie about the properties to make a sale. And the customer service following signing...well there isn't any. I am a 67 yr old widow who moved here to be closer to family... Lennar is the biggest mistake I have ever made. Plan on selling asap.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband and I were looking to purchase our first home and a friend of mine recommended Lennar. She and I drove around to their different properties and came across a sales consultant name Kevin. He said everything and I mean everything I wanted to hear! I said to him at one point “you are a real smooth talker, let’s see if you can execute”. When my husband went to meet with him my husband was provided with different numbers, we said, "Ok we will still go through them with the deal," at signing the numbers changed AGAIN and we still signed.

The very next day I inputted our new address into Realtor.com and the price that they sold us the home for is more than what is listed online. They refuse to change it. My husband and I protested. Our realtor spoke with Kevin and he informed our realtor that he would gladly refund our good faith deposit and cancel the contract. What kind of customer service is that?! What kind of bait and switch is this?!!! Buying a house is not the same as buying a car. A lot of time and money is involved. You would expect from a big company as Lennar they would cater to their buyers.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I am currently in the process of watching my home being built at Heritage at Todd Creek in Thornton, CO. My home is supposed to be one of their premier models costing approx. $750,000. If you looked you probably saw many reviews like mine. Lennar seems to hire the lowest cost contractor they can. They encourage a weekly list of issues from home buyers but mostly ignore them or respond with vague responses that tend to hide the fact that they really don't answer. Or say they would be happy to refund my money. I spent much of my career selling building products to builders. To put it bluntly they just want the lowest price. Quality means very little to them. The same is true in this case.

It is public information that their gross margin in 2017 was 21.7% or in my case about $159,500. They could resolve all my quality issues for about $2,500. They are just too stubborn, arrogant or greedy to do it. Quality last/margins first. For example, they pour all the basement and garage floors at 3.75" and they don't even put any reinforcement like steel wire mesh or re-bar or fibers. Instead they make a lot of "cuts" in the floors that will tend to hide the cracks. Additionally, they do a poor job of compacting the soil. They just run over it with construction equipment but that obviously misses many spots including all the critical corner areas. So now I have a questionable base of concrete elements that they continue to build on.

Next, I wanted to be certain I don't have to live with squeaky floors for the rest of my life. Same sloppy experience with the floor installation. Gluing is hit and miss. Nailing is hit and miss. They put the stairway opening in the wrong place. OK - honest mistake. But when they repaired the problem I ended up with a really sloppy patch job. Now, the roof joists are installed and you would think it would be a given that they will all line up straight. Nope - they line up +/- 1.5 inches. So I guess I end up with a wavy roof next and soffits that will be poorly aligned.

Is it possible the whole crew is just sloppy. In either case, Lennar supervisors should be finding all this and fixing it. I think they are either poorly trained or have too much on their plates. The problem this creates for me is that they continue right on making a proper repair impossible in some cases. For example now that roof joists are already installed how can you lift floor sheeting to glue it properly?

Lastly, you should know that Lennar's new program "everything is included" means they they will decline any minor changes. So, for example, we have to let the tile installers install tile so we can later rip it out to add a simple hand shower unit. Now the cost becomes $1,045 when it could have been $265. Adding 4 can lights will cost us $950 when it could cost $115 during rough in. We wouldn't expect any of this for free. But how difficult would it be for Lennar to work with a single licensed "handyman" type contractor that could do all this sort of thing for each home buyer? And Lennar could make a nice profit on it. It wouldn't take much. But I guess that the market is so strong for them right now that they have little regard for what the home buyer wants... once that very one-sided contract is signed. Buyer beware!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

There was significant damage to my lawn due to (a) improper drainage system and (b) home construction next to my house (by the same builder). I did not want to be obstacle and therefore, did not object or complain. However, verbally got confirmation from the constructor that he would take care of the damage (including replacing SOD) once construction is over. I have been following up with them for several months after completion of construction. Finally, when they arrived after several months of aggressive follow-up, they replaced sod only for part of the damaged lawn. For the drainage issue, they opted for a cheaper option of adding dirt instead of adding a drainage pipe (not sure if it is going to work when it rain). Overall, construction quality is poor and they don't care about resolving issues appropriately.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I have been living in a yard that is a swamp since moving in from day one 2 years ago. I have not been able to use my backyard, which I paid an extra 15k due to being completely flooded along with side yard, EVERY DAY! I was told after failed attempts at fixing this, that needed to be regarded and landscape issue. I was now informed that it is an issue for builder! "Please contact GSRas." They have placed blame on builder not landscaping. I am fed up that after two years I cannot walk on any lawn around my home which will now be a mosquito breeding ground. I have slipped fell and watch my dog sink into muck! I am so frustrated with being pushed off to HOA when your issue and will come to Lennar formerly Cal Atlantic random homesites etc. to deter people from buying! I WANT this fixed!!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Me and my husband live in the Central Valley. We recently visited the Savannah Series in Clovis, CA at 4067 San Gabriel Ave Clovis, CA 93619. We were interested in purchasing one of the Lennar homes; sadly the customer service we received was horrible. When I walked in one lady was on the phone with a customer, but another lady was in the office and was not helping anyone. Me and my husband stood there for a few minute before she came out, looked at us and started shuffling papers on the wall. I had to say hello for her to acknowledge us and she said hi, but still was not open to helping. I asked if we could talk to someone about the homes and she asked me and my husband if we were looking for the Lennar homes in Fresno and that this was Clovis. I was very offended by the question and have since wondered if she asked other people who came in there the same thing.

I told her we were looking for Clovis and she again pushed and said, "Are you sure? Because we have homes exactly like this in Fresno." Mind you me and my husband are ** and you don't see many minorities in Clovis as you do in Fresno so with that thought in mind, me and my husband felt so unwelcomed. We have lived and grown up in Clovis our whole lives. After we looked at the model homes and came back into the office the lady stayed in her office, did not get up to see if we were interested or anything so me and my husband left. I just wanted to bring this to someone at the company's attention and hopefully no one else will be treated this way simply because they "don't look like they belong." Due to this experience I don't see myself purchasing a home anytime soon or in the future with Lennar simply because first impressions are huge for me.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We bought our home from CalAtlantic (now Lennar) at Falls of Hickory Flats (Canton, GA). Our home is very nice but having a problem with microwave and everyone at Lennar (formerly CalAtlantic when we bought) passes the buck and not step forward to help. Our display went out and under warranty. It turns out we have no model/serial number sticker on microwave and repairman says it usually means faulty and aftermarket and probably hiding something from us. After some investigating, Whirlpool gave the supposed model number to repairman but part is still on order and wonder if it is true model number. I would add that the model number provided whirlpool does not match what the design center informed us we would get when building our home. We wanted answers from Lennar and reached out to salesperson, builder and design center contact.

Salesperson informed us they no longer help us after the close. The builder said he only puts in what the design center orders and provides to him. The design center person passed it onto (warranty) customer service. Customer Service never returned any emails or contacts within last 2 weeks. No one would provide answers to us. All passed the buck onto someone else. Now we have a faulty microwave provided to us. I am very disappointed in Lennar for this and thought the company would step up and right the wrong. I am very displeased with this experience and would turn me off from a future home purchase from them.

Lennar Homes Company Information