2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I would not recommend Lennar to anyone I know, whether sales, product or financing. Sales? There is no one person to help you. Every model you are interested in requires working with a different agent, all of whom are competing against each other, to the point where one agent bad-mouthed another, telling me he did not know what he was talking about. Hard to get into models, even during open business hours.

Promises broken, lies. I was told my "color scheme" would be the same as the model. There was no color scheme. Paint on the walls was so poor there was a chalky film to them. Without painting the bathrooms would have molded in a short time. Professional painters had problems cutting because seams were crooked. Walls were bowed so that they had to be sanded before painting. "Luxury" vinyl planking is uneven already. I fear for the structural integrity because multiple times a day you feel the slab shudder as trains pass by. The clothes rack in the laundry room is hung so low no clothes, not even T-shirts, can hang without draping across the appliances below. Final walk-through were pencil whipped (15 minutes) and did absolutely nothing to introduce me to the features. Manuals were, for the most part, missing. Sidewalk was cracked when I moved in. Promise to repair came and went as did other promises. Windows did not go in and out to clean as advertised. Parts to the window were not functional and agent recognized the problem was widespread.

Water is so hard you MUST have a softener but the laundry rooms were not built to accommodate softeners. You have to bypass the system every time you water grass because there was no room for a bypass inside. Needed reverse osmosis system to reduce solids to potable levels. Washer and dryer not included. Light switches and plugs are inconveniently placed. Closet doors universally are not correctly installed. Their answer on one door was to shim it with a piece of scrap wood between the door and the floor. Follow-up is horrendous. One salesman is helpful, but he is a salesman and has limited ability to help.

Financing? Business model is terribly broken, not customer oriented. Automated completely, there is no humanity to it. I received dozens of emails a day telling me to do things. The overwhelming majority were completed already or didn't apply. The only thing keeping this review from being longer and more detailed is my frustration with this company. My experience was so bad I plan to put a sign in my yard in this new subdivision warning people and offering to show defects.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

We are mostly satisfied with our home. First off when purchasing from Lennar, you have to recognize you are not purchasing a custom home. Our dissatisfaction is due to the final appliances put in the home. We had been told when we purchased our home that they could no longer get the Electrolux appliances seen in the model, so we knew they would be different. The disappointment comes from what they chose to install as a replacement. Not saying we have an issue with GE products, but the cost/value of Electrolux is obviously quite a bit more than GE. They didn’t even choose GE Profile.

For example, the microwave went from a very nice built in to one that looks like your over the range unit with a stainless surround... GE makes a comparable product to the Electrolux, but they chose not to use that. So, build for us seems pretty good, sales team was nice (recognize they can only give what corporate says), like the design of our house, just very unhappy with the appliance switch. I guess the thing to remember is if they tell you they are going to change something.. DO NOT assume you will get something equivalent.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This was by far the worst experience of my life! From the moment I spoke with Wes ** he made me feel attacked. Personally I feel discriminated against. Every accomplishment from savings to making more money he basically told me I was going to be denied. I don’t know who would start out telling someone that before even looking at all their info. I even spoke to other Loan Officers and they all said the things I was told were unprofessional. All my info wasn’t even submitted to the underwriter. I know that times are extremely sensitive in the world, however, I was written off from the start as a single ** female. I hope that no one ever has to experience this prejudice. Super disheartening.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Looking for a new house is stressful but at the same time excited. Since day one that I went to Lenar in Riverview to meet with Chris one of the sellers I knew that my nightmare just started, he was not clear in the correct prices of the houses, about the monthly CDD, he is arrogant and disrespectful, the price for the house that we discussed on the phone did not exist. He put our names in a waiting list to reserve another home in other community and he cannot answer the right price for the home and the CDD but they are very clear in the dollar amount for the closing costs that are over 13,000 or more. He reserved a house for us in front of a trailer home community full of garbage. After few days he emailed the price for the CDD for $213 monthly when he said that the CDD will be less than $150.00 monthly.

I do not know how Lenar has a salesperson there that can't provide the correct information, after all the headaches dealing with this guy we are so grateful that we did not give them any deposit and we request to cancel the reservation for that home. I read many reviews for Lenar and they are terrible. So happy that I can start looking for others construction builders.

I feel bad for those people that bought their homes with Lenar and in few months they discovered how bad their construction is. Just a factory in rush for sale, they do not care about the buyers they only want their commission. Disgusting. Terrible customer service, stay away from them please if you do not want to regret it later, Read all reviews carefully and you will be surprise about the bad quality in their construction.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I moved back to Houston from the northeast back in August. I went to look for a home the same day I arrived to Houston. I found a Lennar house I liked and closed a preliminary deal with them. The house would be ready by November 17th. All the paperwork that was requested by Lennar Mortgage (Lennar's preferred lender) was submitted immediately. Meanwhile, I rented a small apartment, agreeing to pay $250 per month due to short lease. I also decided to wait on purchasing new furniture (since I had left most of my furniture in my previous home) until I moved. A month before our closing date. Lennar Mortgage informed me that the down payment would change to three times the previously agreed amount. I explained that I wouldn't be able to pay that amount, but that I would use another lender. Lennar canceled the deal, stating that they would ONLY USE their preferred lender.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I'm not even sure where to begin. Perhaps maybe I can begin with the fact that when my husband and I were purchasing our forever home, we stumbled upon the perfect site to begin our family in. The only unfortunate part was Lennar was the builder who had recently bought out Cal Atlantic. When we put our deposit down, the transition from Cal Atlantic to Lennar was taking place. We were given Cal Atlantic plans that had many many more bells and whistles than what we ended up with- funny thing is not one person mentioned that before or after our initial deposit check was cashed. The lot we chose was our second choice, as our first choice was said to have already been taken. Come to find out a few months later- it was still up for grabs but no one had removed the "sticker" from the map they use to keep track of sold lots- seems like a great system to keep track of such an important thing....

Fast forward to the walk throughs we had that were both scheduled and unscheduled. An absolute disaster. VERY CROOKED walls, baseboards, doors, you name it, it was likely not straight. They threw our house up (4000sq foot house) in less than 3 months- just take a moment to imagine that for yourself and what the product result was/is. We had many many many issues on our final walk throughs, to the point where I said I was not settling until things were fixed. I was PROMISED and REASSURED things would be taken care or immediately. Here we are, 14 months later and I'm still waiting. It started with "well reach out in the next week" to "next month" to "just put in on your year end warranty claims." I had no choice, I'm at their disposal, right? After all, this is their sub-contracted contractors coming out.

Here we are, the week of Christmas and I have several contractors all over my home fixing the "minor" issues Lennar claimed it to be. Told them "you guys will be in and out in 3 hours- just a few nail pops- nothing bad." The person that said that NEVER STEPPED FOOT INTO MY HOUSE TO SEE WHAT WE WERE LIVING WITH. The contractors came in and were in complete and utter shock and disbelief at the way my house looks. They said this is by far the worst house they have ever seen in way of dry wall and the issues I have with the walls, doorways, etc. They said they could be here for 2 weeks fixing issues if they were allowed. We are entering into day 4 and it's still not even close to done.

But accordingly to the Lennar warranty person who has been at my house now daily - 1-1.5 days is usually what is granted. 3 days is excessive and they cannot come back for a 4th day to complete the job. It won't be approved. Uhm.... my house is completely covered in tarps, papers, and inches upon inches of drywall dust??? I asked, "What do you want me to do." He told me to put my house back together, and that they'll send people here and there for an hour at a time to complete the rest of the work. WHAT!!!! He wants me to inconvenience my family yet again multiple more times so they don't have to pay for another day of work- absolutely not.

Let's just say- that didn't go over well and they will be back again today. He proceeded to tell me that if this was his home- he would have just completed the work himself and not had the warranty cover it. This would have cost me THOUSANDS to repair. And this ladies and gentlemen is why Lennar gets away with what they do!! Because people don't have it in them to fight with them. They don't answer emails, calls, voicemails in hopes that you just let it go. Well, you have messed with the wrong girl. I could go on and on and on for pages about the issues we have had, and in reading other reviews, it looks like I'm not alone. If you can do yourself any one favor, it's to KEEP ON LOOKING!!! Do not settle on a Lennar home. It's my biggest regret in life!!! They make the models PERFECT so you think that's what you're getting and then get hit with something. That is what I'm living with!

Additional issues to add: can hear every step someone takes in the house, insulation- not even sure if they put it in the walls in some areas because it feels like an ice box, broken tile floors, unfinished grading to the yards, broken dishwasher, washer didn't work on day 1 when we moved in, playground was supposed to be installed in the summer- it's now almost Jan and it hasn't even started yet- plans haven't even been approved by the township, dead grass on install, cheap flooring- chips every other day, ...

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

It has been almost 18 months since we moved into our new Lennar home and we have had a constant leak from the water main somewhere in our front yard. I have submitted several warranty repair trouble tickets and they still have not found or fixed the problem. I have sent them pictures along with a description of the problem and it has not motivated them to take this issue serious. The last trouble ticket I submitted they simply closed without resolving the issue. This is the kind of experience you can expect from Lennar's Customer Service after you purchase a home from them. Bewared!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

My husband and I visited Touchstone Manor in Riverview, FL. Met a nice sales rep who sold us on a model that we loved. He said properties weren't released for sale just yet but when he calls and says "It's Go Time", that we need to be prepared to come, select the lot and make the earnest money deposit. We got the call on our anniversary. We raced over to meet him. Put down $5,000 and left excited. That was short-lived however. Eagle Home Mortgage dragged their feet getting with us about what needed to be sent, as soon as they'd reach out though we'd give them what was asked immediately. We get less than a month to closing, and they deny our loan.

We asked about getting back our money back less $250, as agreed upon and were told "That likely won't happen since it's been over 30 days"!!!! WHAT?! We have no choice but to go off of their timeline, if they wanted they could wait 31 days to begin requesting documents from us. This was going to be a first time buy for us, and now that hope is down the drain. RUN! Do not walk from Lennar. Really kicking myself for not listening to others, who shared their nightmare stories about Lennar.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Put a deposit down to hold a lot in a new development. The lot was released 3 months later, while Lennar had raised the final price of the property 6 times to a total of $20,000. I was given a final price, over the phone by Lennar’s agent and scheduled an appt the next day to sign the contract to move forward on the home. While my wife and I sat in the agent’s office we were informed that the lot premium had been raised from $17,000 to $23,000, so now we were now expected to pay $26,000 more for the property, than it was listed for when we first put our deposit down. Needless to say, we had had enough, and walked away from the deal. Lennar management only cares about their profit, screw the consumer.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I would give zero stars if I could. During the walkthrough found dozens of issues. Was told that is what th e warranty is for and all would be fixed. The house failed inspection so did not close then get a call at 9pm saying the AC passes inspection. I did not want to close. They then threatened legal action while saying trust the warranty. The ac was never fixed. Only after I called an outside ac company found out unit was recalled. Lennar never informed me of the recall. Only after I confronted them did they make the repairs but was still out 400 dollars proving the problem. Most of the repairs I paid out of pocket for. Never buy a lennar home new.

Lennar Homes Company Information