lennar.com

1.1/5 (76 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Let's face it not every house isn't going to be perfect, but when you're paying over $300k for a home with your hard earned money you expect to be as close to perfect as possible, you would think the builder would work toward making that happen. They're just worried about getting the houses up and don't care how sloppy the craftsmanship is. That's why they can't sell these homes now. Lennar at Dalton has gone through multiple customer service reps who are responsible for ensuring a smooth transition into your home and making sure everything within the first year gets fixed accurately and in a timely manner.

I moved in Oct 2022 and it's been hell since as we've gone through at least 5 reps and issues that were submitted last year have just recently been addressed, fixed or told its too late or it pretty much does not matter. The left does not communicate with the right. They make promises they can't keep and they can't keep Reps. That says a lot about a company. This will def be my first and last home from Lennar. :) Don't get me wrong. The homes are beautiful, but when your move in date gets stalled 3 months, you get scheduled for your walk through and get a call 30 min before that it's not ready and needs to be rescheduled and everything within warranty that needs fixed keeps getting pushed out and boom now it's no longer under warranty or they just want to be lazy and not make things right it kind of makes you regret your purchase ya know!! All I'm saying is do your research!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Do not buy a Lennar home. They are slapped together and have major construction quality issues. Worse off, Lennar does not stand behind its poor work. I made the mistake of buying 2 homes in Summerville, SC, one for me and one for my daughter. Both are horribly constructed. I wish I could undo the purchases. Chasing them to make repairs is a joke. Save yourself the heartache. Buy from another builder.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Lennar built the home my son bought. Every window seal is broken, the driveway is sunk and all cracked up, the front porch is also sunk and gutters run over it causing a serious accident issue. I contacted Lennar and they are not taking any responsibility for the unprofessional work done on this home. Lennar does not even know whose windows are in this home or who installed them. Would you want to buy a Lennar Home. Not safe, unprofessional work, no guarantee!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Have been living in this new construction Lennar home in Odessa FL for 2 years now. The amount of issues we have had are honestly too many to fit in this box. The worst however have been the roof leaks. We have had a leak in almost every room in my house. It is raining currently and there is water pouring from the ceiling fan in my son’s bedroom. Called the Lennar “emergency line” and was told all the field reps are very busy.

As someone else mentioned these homes are very expensive but it’s like they are put together with glue and tape. These are the most poorly built homes and they could care less. When we did our walkthrough they said put tape on any of the problems. Then we were told we had too much tape and the workers felt we were too picky. Missing a chunk of doorframe, a 6 inch section of wall not painted, cracked tiles is not being too picky. I warn anyone against purchasing a Lennar home. They are nothing but problems.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I bought a single family house in Sawgrass Spring Hill in April 2022. They did lots of mistakes in my house such as stair, flooring, bathroom, back door, front door etc. List is too big that I really don't understand what to include over here and what to exclude. Even after listing all problems in warranty tickets, they aren't turning out till now. I am very much frustrated now and so finally decided I will take social media to share my feedback on Lennar Homes. Please never go for Lennar homes. They are not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

Our house in Suwanee Ga was made by Lennar Homes and is very unsafe. I stepped on a carpet staple and got a hole in my foot because they left it bare and uncovered. What if a baby steps on it? I also called them twice to fix my porch, because puddles kept on forming after rainfall. They kept saying that there is no problem with the porch. We even brought out a level to show it was uneven, but they were still too stubborn to listen. After they were done ruining it, it looked even worse. And guess what? More puddles. The second time they came, they made it even worse and left a mess of concrete on the porch. Now it makes your feet dirty with concrete every time you step on it barefoot. Also, the house was expensive and there were a lot of leftover soda cans and water bottles when we purchased and urine in the toilet.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Lennar Homes is a crooked company. They do not care about their customers. I was forced to close on my home yesterday with a punch list a mile long and spiders living in my home. This company is disgraceful. There’s no guarantee on when punch list will be completed. Please save yourself the frustration and go with another builder. I was very close to walking away from the house yesterday. All I’m hoping is that I can help steer another potential buyer away from them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Please read in full. Be mindful this is a new build and moved in six weeks ago, Mid August 2022. Please feel free to reply if you would like more photos of the experience we’ve had. I do not have words to describe or express how I am feeling. The retaliation from the general contractor (Mike), after in reaching out to get construction defects resolved before closing, from the unprofessional Lennar employee's text messages, to contractors drinking alcohol leaving beer bottles all over the interior of the home, to having the home vandalized due to contractors leaving the property unsecured (all the windows doors and garage door where installed nothing was locked at the end of the evening, I have a video of neighborhood kids breaking into the home and urinating all over the second floor), to poor craftsmanship, poor customer service, follow through and integrity.

Also I did reach out to Lennar since my first post two weeks ago and nothing has been resolved to date. Thank you for the time in reading my post. Yes I did business with Lennar, and yes this a legitimate review from a real customer…thanks.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I recently purchased a home that was built by Lennar. I found a few minor repairs that needed to be done. I spoke with a rep at the company and she was very helpful in the beginning. After getting my garbage disposal fix and the top step done, I spoke with her about my front door and well as the garage door. I also informed her that the step was left unpainted upon repair. My child stated that the workers didn't speak any English so it was hard to communicate with them. I sent an email to the rep and was told to send pictures of remaining repairs that needed to be done. She then told me I needed to go through my other warranty to have these repairs fixed. My other warranty company stated that these repairs needs to be fixed by Lennar since they are the builders of the home. The home was built the beginning of this year and I moved in the beginning of the summer. I don't understand how people can take your money and not honor their commitment.

The repairs if I were to get them done on my own, neither warranty will reimburse me. This is not the first time that Lennar's name has come up in my presence about the uncompleted work they leave behind and not honor the warranty. I want my house to be completed just like I know theirs are. I don't think I am asking for too much and I really do not want to take this any further then it needs to go. But I am willing to do what I need to do to get them to honor my warranty. Strange how the appraisal and everything passed with these repairs undone. I am just asking for step to be completed, align locks for front and garage doors (you have to lift up on door to close and lock securely, two pieces of floorboard and step to be painted, holes in laundry room and garage to be repaired. I don't think this is too much to ask for, since it should have been done prior to appraisal. This is my first home and I am really disheartened by the experience.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

From the onset, from purchase to repairs, working with Lennar has been a nightmare. This is the second new construction model home that I have purchased. I had NO major issues with the builder for the first home. These Lennar homes are expensive and I would expect top-notch workmanship, contractors, customer service, and better quality materials and appliances. The sales agents are coached to say anything that might sell a home. Even if it is not true. I discovered that other homeowners had this same issue. I was told that Lennar would "beautify" the drainage pond behind my home. Instead, construction debris collected there over a 3-year period. I had to call the city in order for Lennar to pick up their garbage.

Secondly, Lennar makes it difficult to use a lender that is not Lennar's affiliated lender. They accomplish this by requiring the homeowner to set aside funding (a holdback) to cover the cost of items not yet completed, such as driveway, sidewalk, irrigation, and landscaping if you do not use their lender. This work is 10s of thousands of dollars and impacts the amount that you are able to borrow for the home. This expense is ALWAYS covered by a builder. Then, the game playing starts with the lending estimate (fees, closing costs, taxes, etc). I ultimately chose to use their lender but also reached out to 2 other lenders for estimates. The loan officer stated that they are competitive.

I compared the estimates and told the loan officer where the variances were. I insisted that he forgive the fee charged for not escrowing and he agreed. Over the next few weeks, he continually changed the numbers for each line item controlled by the lender. Finally, he added a no escrow fee. I refused to allow the loan officer to try to confuse me and made him review the calculation for every line item with me. This included me having to reach out to their actuary to determine how some items were calculated. By the end, the loan officer was angry with me for calling him on his dishonest behavior.

I hired my own inspector to go through the home. The construction manager did push back on some items that I insisted needed to be addressed before closing. In general, he did try to accommodate my requests but it was obvious that Lennar pressures them to only agree to simple repairs. I had a large crack in my garage floor. I had a large amount of water pooling on the garage floor every time that it rained. My sump pump was going off every 5 minutes after it rained due to the pipe not extending far enough from the outside of the building. I had water pooling against my foundation due to a grading issue. In all of these cases, Lennar denied responsibility. I had to threaten to not close on the home for them to fix the garage floor crack and the water drainage issue from the sump pump. They could not resolve the garage floor water pooling issue.

After closing, CustomerCare and emergency contractor numbers are a joke. Contacts don't respond or sometimes take days to return a call. You are only given one year for authorized repairs. Because of covid, they refused to enter my home for over 3 months. Yet these same contractors were allowed to continue building. That left me with only 9 months of coverage--Lennar refused to extend the warranty. In that time, I had 3 different customer care reps. I found a lot of issues. The construction manager and care reps were not happy with me. Saving on home-building costs and lessening the time the contractors spent on the home are the top priority for Lennar. Quality, a good customer experience, and ethical building practices are not.

By the end of the warranty period, I had found over 50 repairs that were needed. Issues such as dead wiring, air leaking around outlets installed on outside walls, improper shower head pipe installation, a non-functioning outdoor faucet, improper kitchen cabinet/counter installation. Their painters had dented my dryer and damaged my stainless steel kitchen sink. My walls are uneven and poorly painted. Lennar refused to cover repairs/replacement for damaged items or fix the air leaks.

I still have issues with faulty wiring in my home. Circuit breakers trip every time I try to vacuum any room on any floor. I tested the vacuum in another homeowner's home and it was fine. I have a loud noise in my ducts on the first floor every time the furnace is running. A beeping sound goes off every day around the same time. Even after I removed the CO2 and smoke detector on the 2 floors affected, including the wires. The appliances that were installed were obviously sitting in a warehouse for a long time. When a washing machine tech performed repairs, he discovered that the washer was built in 2015 and required a lot of software updates. I moved in 2019. This is a beautiful home but I will never buy another Lennar home after my experiences.

Lennar Homes Company Information