Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.1/5 (67 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: June 10, 2021

Everything looks good at the beginning but you will have problems you deal with galore. Like all other comments it’s true things that break they tell you that it’s fine and it’s a hassle to get things actually fixed. This has been a horrible experience. I’m tired of talking with customer care about problems and fixes. The homes are just made poorly.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I found out several issues during checkin. Due to the pandemic I had a tight timeline to move in. When at the walk through, issues are noticed, and Lennar's agent promised me they will fix it before I move in. The issues are not things hard to fix. They cut wrong wholes and messed up my kitchen cabinet board and left a scratch on one of my bedroom doors. After I moved in, I found issues are still there. I contact their services countless times, and they scheduled appointments, people comes in and go, carpenter saying they need plumber and plumber say they need carpenter. They even brought a door with wrong size to my home for my bedroom door. After moved in for almost a year, my issues are still not fixed.

Please don't think a new build from one of the largest builder will provide you a good quality new home. They really have done bad work and there is definitely no quality control. I've experienced:

1. Non-sealed front door window where wind blew in in winter
2. Wrong window panes
3. Misconnected wires for dryer/washer

4. ....

Think twice before you buy!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2021

We moved in to a brand new home last February 25, 2021. Only to find out that the aircon is not working. No cold air coming out. A brand new home should have a working unit. Not sending a contracted repair company to fix it. Our house we purchased was not properly inspected. A leak was also found on the air duct. The contracted company who came to inspect the aircon unit even recommended that our unit should be changed since we purchase a brand new house. But Lennar won’t allow it. Their customer satisfaction is ZERO! The free fridge, washing machine and dryer that were in our purchase agreement were cancelled. I am a very disappointed, unhappy and frustrated customer. I emailed the CEO of lennar homes but unfortunately no answer.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Bought a brand new home, but have had more issues than those I know with older homes built by other builders. All of my warranties expired after a year, now I am stuck paying for repairs after the builder used cheap, or ineffective products. The wiring in the home is terrible, and always causing outages. Whenever I have placed emergency help request with Lennar they do not respond, no one ever comes out, and the reps answering the phones are always rude. Lennar is a scam all the way around, from the builders, real estate agents, and down to the pest control. Now I have to decide whether to sell my first home, or continue paying for repairs.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I have lived at the Bridgewater HOA in Princeton Texas for the past 8 months and I have been very unhappy since I moved in. This is not my first house, so I decided to provide a true assessment of my experience with LENNAR. OUR PROPERTY LOCATION: We have a Princeton address but Bridgewater is being built in the town of Culleoka (we were not informed during the purchase) which is a non-incorporated area. Culleoka does not have a Government entity or even public services and Princeton will not respond.

If we ever had a police or fire emergency and we dial 911 our call will be transferred to the McKinney’s Sheriff Department who will dispatch the Sheriff, ambulance or the Firemen. The location of the Sheriff’s office is more than 30 minutes away so our home will simply burn to ashes. Please feel free to call the Sheriff’s department at (972) 542-5100 to verify.

HOA UNJUSTIFIED FEES: After 8 months we still do not have any amenities as we were promised to us at the time of purchase. We are currently paying $500.00 per year (in addition to the $$$ contribution we paid at closing in August 2020). The HOA fee should be used to pay for the maintenance of the amenities as were advertised and promised to us, parks, pool, walking areas, a lake and a Clubhouse, which NONE exist at this time. It is our right as homeowners to ask where our money is going to and what exactly is that we are paying for. Until today I still do not have any answer either from LENNAR or their management agent.

WARRANTY REPAIRS: I was one of the first owners to move into the Bridgewater’s Cottage section. Our home was finished in a rush since for weeks nothing was done and during the last part of the construction, I visited our house and noticed many defects in addition of huge ant nests between the walls which I took pictures of and documented. I forced LENNAR to remove the drywall and exterminate, but after it was corrected, I was denied further access inside my own home prior closing and the blue tape inspection, which was scheduled for August 18th, 2020, was cancelled without an explanation. I kept all the written communications and pictures to document.

As a retaliatory action, the construction crew installed defective appliances, a defective bathtub enclosure which has a hole in the tub which we have not used since we moved in. The front door does not fit the frame and has big gaps, the front window was not installed properly and allows wind to come thru. The light in our master closet was installed behind the closet door so we had to go inside the closet in complete darkness, close the door and then turn on the light. I had to hire an electrician to correct.

Our front porch concrete pad has holes, we do not have gutters and all the water pours down at the entrance, it is impossible to get to the front door when it rains, two months ago after a storm, roof tiles were missing, LENNAR's roofer glued them back to the roof instead of repairing them properly. The warranty department supervisor was at my home, inspected all the above items but we have disagreed in how the repairs will be taken care of. I bought a new home so "patching around" is unacceptable. All the warranty repairs which should be replacements are still pending. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BUILDER TO ANYONE.

Original review: May 12, 2021

My husband made an appointment with Lisa at Lennar Homes two weeks ago to walk through three model homes. We drove three hours on Mother’s Day weekend for a 330 appointment. Approximately 30 minutes before our scheduled time we received a call from Courtney telling me she couldn’t make it however would unlock the model homes for us electronically. We were able to view two of the three homes. She was unable to grant us access to one due to system failure.

Once returning to our car we had a text message conversation where we were advised that the property were were interested in increased from 350k to 450k even though all signs started low 300’s. She chuckled and said, "Yeah it went up in the last two weeks and we really need to change our signs." She asked me if I wanted a Pond view or the woods view and we responded back with the Woods view. From there she stated that she’d have to get back to me to let me know when one would be ready.

At that time I had asked her what type of deposit she needed from me and if we would be entered on a waitlist for the next property that would become available? I never received a response back and I never received a phone call on the Monday after when she said she would get back to me. Today is Wednesday and I decided that I would search for views. Boy am I so glad that I elected to research views on this company. As much as we would like a second home at the beach I am just unwilling to deal with a company that is such a debacle. I understand that these builders are not hurting at this time and that these houses will sell to someone else. And that’s OK, But they certainly are not getting my money. EVER.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I got prior approval for a mortgage with Lennar FL Tampa, the first home finder was fired after I had just met with her 2 days prior, they assign Joseph ** to me and he calls me to go over what I am looking for, then a couple hours later he tells me for a new home I need to come up with 70k and then text me he can’t help me but to call him when I have more money, after we were shown a model that was supposedly in our price range by the former home finder from Lennar - here is the text, "Unfortunately I was not aware of what you were told and I can only relay the info I currently have. Right now since we would only qualify for a home and do not yet have enough funds for closing, I would not be of much help to you. Please let me know when you have enough funds to close on a home and I would be happy to update you with inventory at that time."

Original review: April 28, 2021

We just found out that all warranties aren’t acceptable even though we purchased a brand new home that was built built by a “flipper” who never lived here. Our pool heater hasn’t worked since we moved in and our hot water heater didn’t work for several weeks because they installed it incorrectly. Do not buy a Lennar home. We are home builders in a different state and would never treat our customers this way.

Original review: April 14, 2021

When we arrived at closing, Lennar delivered our home with all the wrong finishings, wrong floor, wrong tile. The sales associates lie. They tell you you whatever you want to hear to make the sale. After we moved in - Lennar managed the HOA since the community was still being developed. There is no transparency or communication as to budgets and where our money is going. The assigned HOA President who works for Lennar, Zenzi ** refuses to return emails or phone calls from residents. Very shady company. Poorly built units. Does not stand behind their warranty. RUN!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I am very disappointed in my home purchase through Lennar Homes in the Bryton Trace subdivision. Things started off very rough as we found out a couple of months after signing our agreement and providing earnest money that there was a delay in the development of the land. We went into contract July 2019 and closed June 2020. Throughout the build process we started noticing several things that were off in terms quality and workmanship. As we moved closer to closing a big issue was the numerous Imperfections in our ceilings. It literally looked like someone spread concrete on them and painted them. Our construction manager suggested they float the seams and try making the appearance better. This turned out to be a botched job!!

After making it very clear that I was disappointed the day before closing the construction manager agreed to look into a solution one last time. Well the solution turned out to be to float the seams again and push back my closing which was the same day. I'm still trying to figure that one out since we had our truck packed and deliveries scheduled the same day. I was unhappy but decided to move forward with the understanding that I would never buy another Lennar home again. After a few months we had a few items that lennar took care of. I was determined to not let the issue of the ceilings go. On a couple of occasions we had been told the right lighting will make it better and that opening the blinds improves the appearance. I'm still trying to figure out how either of these are solutions to address poor workmanship.

We have been in the home now for 9 months and there continues to be issues such as nail pops, squeaky floors throughout the second and third floors that make you cringe when on the first floor, squeaky subflooring in the shower which we were told is common with the shower pan based on the manufacturer. Lastly, we have experienced what is referred as thermal expansion to where when water is running it sounds like water is leaking. As second time home buyers we are so disappointed in our decision to purchase this home. We purchased our first home brand new and lived there for ten years and never experienced any of the issues we have in this home. I do not recommend Lennar Homes. I wish we looked at the reviews and used them as part of our decision making process. It's a fact that the current ratings actually are a result of real experiences.

Lennar Homes Company Information