Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
1.25/5

lennar.com

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

272 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

I live in Richmond, TX in the Creekside Ranch community. I moved into our Lennar home in October 2018 after waiting 7 months build process. Had to put up with dirty construction sites to the right and left of my house. Now that the other homes are completed and the grade of their yard is higher than mine, water run off from my neighbor's sprinkler system settles in my yard. This happens every time the sprinkler is used. Water remains in my yard for more than 48 hours. Lennar refuses to even elevate grade of the yard and even less to install a French drain to correct the issue. Their solution - tell my neighbor to cut back on cycles of their sprinkler system. Talking about making my problem their issue! The issue is poor grading of my yard.

Do not buy a Lennar Home. Buy an Ashton Woods home as my daughter did because of all the hassle I've had with Lennar. Ashton Woods has done what every home builder should do. Take good care of their existing customers. As noted here by another customer in Florida also dealing with poor water drainage, Lennar make promises they do not keep and totally abandon their customers. This is a poorly managed company that delivers a sub-par quality product. Again, please do not buy a Lennar Home!

Original review: April 14, 2019

At Heritage Solaire in Roseville, CA, Lennar promotes an "Active Adult Community," promising a clubhouse with various recreational features including a pool and exercise room. That promotion/promise led me to purchase a home in February 2019. People who bought in August 2018 were told the future Solaire clubhouse with amenities was just months away. Now it is April 2019 and the clubhouse sits empty with no one working on completion. The latest promised completion is maybe June 2019 but given the undeveloped site, I seriously doubt that! The clubhouse is just at the entrance/exit of the community so we are all reminded every time we drive in or out, that nothing is happening. I feel duped and there is no recourse.

Lennar's disclaimer: "Existing and proposed amenities for the communities are subject to changes, substitutions and/or deletions without notice. Lennar makes no representation or guarantee that the communities or any amenities will be built out as currently planned." There is no explanation for the delay; all around the site house construction continues, so blaming the weather does not work. There are no torrential rains in California! So what is the reason for failure to complete the "Sol Centre?" I'm waiting for the "state-of-the-art planned future community clubhouse that offers the newest facilities & equipment designed with your well-being in mind and support (sic) an active and healthy lifestyle."

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have been complaining about drainage issues on my property for the last year and a half. They finally put in a French drain, but didn’t use rock, so it doesn’t do the job it should. I even offered to pay for the rock as long as it was done right, and Lennar still refused. They wear you out after a while. Now my neighbor is complaining about the same drainage problem on his property. The customer care rep. for Lennar is totally worthless. His solution for the drainage issue is tell your neighbor to quit watering his grass. I would never buy a Lennar home and caution other buyers. They are more concerned about being politically correct and $$$, than making their customers satisfied. They will promise you the world until you close, after that, you are pretty much on your own with no warranty back up. Buyers beware and look at their overall reviews before you making your final decision.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Never been so heartbroken... Was shown a home today which after seeing home and lot, we put deposit down to hold home. Then we found out after all this excitement that the property shown was not even the property available. The "real" property has hardly any yard, after a screened porch there would be nothing. Then also was offered $5,000 for closing cost since we were using our own lender and then there's to only find out that they will offer NOTHING for not using their lender. Thanks Lennar! You will definitely not be getting our business, family's business or our friends'! Please tear up our deposit check...that you took on a property that wasn't even available.... You guys are ridiculous. BUYERS BEWARE! Lennar you do not even deserve one star!???

Original review: March 22, 2019

We bought a home in December 2017, the house was built by CalAtlantic, which was soon bought out by Lennar. We were assured that the warranty would be honored to the fullest. I had to fight every time I had an issue. I reported that the paint was changing color to a sunset pink in or around October of 2018 before the warranty was over. Then Brandon, the customer care person that was apparently assigned to me called in December 2018 before the warranty was ending to make sure that we did not have further issues so that we could get them in before the warranty was expired. I again at this time told him about the paint on the pop outs around the house (all of them) changing to a sunset pink form a more tan color. I was assured that they would be out to look at them. This never happened, I text and called him several times to try to set a date and he would always promise to call back with a time.

My dad was in town for 2 months and I begged for him to come out and take a look and let me know what could be done. He never called or showed up... I called the main office in Las Vegas on 3/21/19 to find out what they would do to correct the situation, and they informed me that the warranty was up and this was denied. I informed them that I reported this and filed several work orders with Brandon to get this fixed long before the warranty was up that that I would contact an attorney if the issue was not resolved. I let he know that they would be negating the contract if they did not fix the issue. This is such poor business. I will never recommend Lennar to anyone. I am not the only one with issues, it is most of my neighbors as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: March 22, 2019

Lennar took my deposit, then sold the house while it was still under contract with me. Then told me that I lost my deposit. The lending company (Eagle Mortgage) will qualify you, then tell you that you do not qualify the week before closing, so Lennar sells your house and then keeps your deposit.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Skye is a new townhome community in San Diego. My husband and I made a deposit on a townhome in this community and that's when the nightmare in our life started. Our Closing Date has so far been changed 4 times in the following order: 7th Feb 2019, 22nd Feb 2019, 7th March 2019, 20th March 2019 and the next one is YET to come.

We have been told numerous times that delays in a new construction is common, which I understand. However, our biggest frustration lies in the fact that we were informed about the delays in Closing Date of March 20th during our Final Walk-Through on March 19th at 10AM. The Sales Consultant (Kyle Van **) wasn't even aware of the delays until we confronted him. The cause of delay? The paint wasn't finished yet, the electric meters weren't installed yet and city inspection wasn't done yet. Our apartment rental lease ends in 2 days with chance of extension.

Now instead of moving to our new home, we are moving everything to storage and will be living out of a temp housing. All of this coming as a shock to us a day before our closing date. All Lennar had to say is that they are sorry but this happens in a new construction and provide us a $250/day reimbursement for hotel and $30/day for food. For god's sake!!! Is that the most you can do for all the trouble??? My Mother lives with us. Can you imagine the inconvenience she will be put through at her age??

I understand that delays happen in a new construction but a company as big as Lennar unable to stay on top of their project managerial duties is highly unacceptable. Why were we provided less than a day to prepare for our move to a hotel?? The time off we have been taking off work, the stress we have been going through isn't being accounted for at all. All-in-all, I deeply regret making our deposit on a Lennar home.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Purchased my home in 2015. Started noticing the poor quality of workmanship mid 2016. Cabinets poorly installed with certain parts just sitting in place with no nails or screws, wood vinyl floor uneven with glue oozing thru, microwave vent function has 2 settings that do not vary (same speed), incorrect screws utilized in the shower drains causing rusting appearance, a variety of different aerators (filter screens) in the bathroom sinks, gaps between the siding and windows (ideal for water entry) and just recently hot air being blown thru the walls causing thermostat issues and temp false readings... ETC. ETC... ETC. Would not recommend Lennar or any of its business affiliates to anyone. I feel completely screwed!!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Updated on 03/13/2019: This company - Lennar Homes, LLC is so untrustworthy! Do not do business with them. After hiking prices within one week from the first day we went to look at their houses on March 1st, 2019, we received an urgent text message and phone call from the Sales person on Sunday – March 10th 2019, late afternoon, to inform us that her manager has approved the purchase price of $628, 898.00 for the house we were interested to purchase, but we must come in the same day to sign the deal. So, we came in to meet with the Salesperson (unprepared without a check since we were out and about).

She took our information, photocopied our driver licenses and proceeded to start the paperwork. She then told us to go home to get our checkbook while she is preparing the document, which may take 15 to 20 minutes. However, when we came back with our checkbook, she told us that there were issues with generating the paperwork due to the merge between Lennar and CalAtlantic, that the manager couldn’t fix because it’s the weekend hours. She told us to wait until Monday - 3/11/19. She was going to prepare all the document for us to do DocuSign online, and we just needed to wire transfer the down payment instead. Well, we have not heard from her since. We did not follow up and refuse to do business with such an unethical, untrustworthy and unprofessional company!

Original Review: On 3/1/2019, we went to look at houses (built by Lennar) in Parkland Bay– a relatively new development in Parkland, Florida. After looking at a few houses that we liked and that met our needs, the Sales Agent showed us the location of the houses on the site map and wrote down their prices with incentives. We weren’t sure which model to go with at first, but finally decided on the Hibiscus model plan. Then we took a pre-planned mini trip and was away from 3/3 to 3/6. On 3/7 we went back to look the houses again and were ready to purchase. However, the price had gone up twice without any notice from our Sales Agent. It went from $604k to $628k to $697k within a matter of one week! They did not honor the price we were quoted originally. What a bad business practice!

Original review: March 8, 2019

BEWARE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING WCI & LENNAR. My husband and I decided to make an offer on a new home in build and negotiated heavily and the major point in the negotiations were choosing options for the new home to our liking and budget. The sales agent representing WCI LENNAR told us that it wasn’t too late to make those changes since only the home foundation was poured assuring us it wouldn’t be an issue. With this agreement was condition that we used their approved mortgage lender as we would receive additional credit of 5k towards closing as well as a few other perks which would save us additional expense and time. While we agreed to all of this verbally and then contractually signing conditionally we gave a deposit of 1k with another 4k upon new contract which included all options.

While we waited for the Formal approval for the changes we requested on the options and to receive our new Contract with all the changes. Days passed then weeks with numerous texts and phone calls until one month then 6 weeks waiting. We were suddenly informed by a new sales agent that it was too late to make any changes and our Representatives error agreeing to the changes was incorrect and we now and would have to pay 16k in additional without any options or forego this property. We had already started purchasing new curtains for our home and sharing the new address with friends and family. We THOUGHT we were in escrow! We were given the option of selecting a new home lot with completion in 12 additional months and an increase of 40k.

We had option of taking a loan against our 401k but with a heavy penalty which was not only costly it was risky. We were placed in a bad position due to WCI LENNAR sales agent (they blamed) misinforming us and then the company not backing up their mistake but did dismiss the sale agent essentially admitting fault. But because we didn’t have the new corrected contract in hand we essentially had nothing, even with them admitting their mistake, we have nothing legally without the new contract agreement. We’re cancelled and waited over 3 months for our refunded deposit. HAND SHAKES AND AGREEMENTS MEAN NOTHING TO WCI & LENNAR. STAY AWAY...

Original review: March 5, 2019

We had to cancel our contract due to this horrible driveway. Mind you, this driveway is in an active adult community geared for 55+. Listen to the comments online. Do not buy from Lennar. Your concerns will not be resolved, especially from Peggy and Greg.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Finally decided to buy a house through Lennar Home Builders in Florida. My experience with the title company was horrible. I was told the settlement is at 2 PM so I rushed 45 minutes away to the office. Got there on time and they told me, "Who said your closing is today." The lady looked like drained, exhausted and overworked. Finally after waiting three hours I was called for closing. Also Lennar does not have all the information in one place. I don't know where is the mailbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Bryan ** from Ft Myers will tell you that you can only use their lending services which is owned by them. If you refuse, then they will increase the price of the property. Realtors and Brokers, do not send your clients to Lennar.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Wanted to buy a new home from Lennar in Las Vegas. Lennar took my earnest money deposit of $5,000 and was told by our new home salesperson it would take 6 months to build and complete my home. 7 months later, home is still dirt. Lennar has not started to build my home yet. We tried to cancel our contract with our new home sales agent, but he is no longer working for Lennar. We contacted the Division President JOY ** who is by far the most unqualified division President I have ever spoken to. She was rude and condescending. Ms. ** will not refund our earnest money deposit. When we spoke to the New Home agent, she said we should sue Lennar because they do this all the time. How do they stay in business? We have a call into Stuart Miller the President of the company. So far no callback.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

As a disabled veteran, this was to be my forever home after retirement. I purchased this home in 2007. Unfortunately, it was a model and I wasn't made aware. The outlets were dummies and had not been completed. There is mold and large potholes in the backyard. The grading was done incorrectly and the rainwater goes into the house instead of away from it. Therefore the basement flooded. The carpeting had to be removed and it was discovered a large long crack the length of the entire floor. The entire house has separated from the landscape, along with the front steps and the steps leading from the garage to the laundry room. After the flooding in September 2017, an inspector was invited to the house and noted all of the above discrepancies. It was his recommendation to either move out or make these major repairs. Being on a fixed income, I can't afford to make these needed repairs. Plus I have exhausted all avenues for assistance.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My wife and I are tenants in a single family and townhome community built by Lennar in Miami. We have been living in this townhome for less than a year. We initially were excited about being in a brand new home but since we moved in, we have been dealing with one problem after another. The build quality is very poor. Caulk in the kitchen is already cracking. There are still wall markings from the construction workers on many areas of the house (our landlord should have taken care of this during walk through but still). Screw heads are visible on the walls even with the texturing.

Several electrical outlets either would not work outright or would pop the circuit breaker when used. The downstairs half bathroom toilet wouldn't work and a plumber had to come over and take the toilet off of the floor and eventually fished out a Coke bottle. Construction workers leave trash everywhere in this community so it's no surprise. Now we have zero water pressure coming out of the downstairs half bathroom faucet. The problems continue. After living here and seeing other reviews of Lennar, I would NEVER purchase a home that was built by them.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Purchased the home Fall of 2018 and opened a warranty claim on November and 3 months later still not complete. They send emails back and provide excuses about not being able to schedule trades to come over and fix the problems, but they don’t follow up. I gave them a month advance notice of my scheduled vacation to schedule the trades and they procrastinated and didn’t schedule them. I was out of work for 5 weeks (a 5 week window to complete the work) and they couldn’t do it?

Their quality is very poor. The cabinets are separating from the walls, the tapes on the ceiling coming out, the structure is weak and when you walk just about everything shakes as an earthquake, there was a leak on the entrance of the patio where lots of water came inside and damaged the door and wall, there are huge drops of paint all over the walls and doors as if a teenager painted, rather than a professional and multiple walls are uneven with the baseboards. It is a poor job, and their customer service to get them to handle the claims is the worst. They have asked me multiple times to close the claim so they can reopen it and not age on their cases. This is dishonest and I don’t approve for them to close it until they can schedule the trades, just so they look good on the turnaround of their claims, when they have failed to address the issues. I have attempted to reach out to corporate and higher in the chain without any luck!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Purchased a new home in Herzog Farms in Vancouver Washington. The development was in a great part of town, however that is the only thing going for it. The workmanship is sub-standard on almost every level. The Amazon home package is nothing more than a hodgepodge of different systems that don't communicate well with each other. It would have been better to go with a complete ADT and Xfinity Security system. We have removed the Smart Home Hardware and gone with a complete system from another vendor. The concrete and finished carpentry work is terrible, and they won't warranty it. We have submitted several warranty claims through their warranty system, lots of acknowledgment emails, but no one rarely shows us. 90% of warranty items still unfixed. My advice, do not buy from Lennar.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My husband & I were so excited for the ‘everything’s included’, pride of 10’s for service satisfaction, great incentive package Lennar offered us. As we approached our walk thru and closing we quickly realized the craftsmanship out of the vendors Lennar used were sub par, sloppy and practically made us feel like we were purchasing a resale instead of new construction. The sod was practically dead, and we ‘blue taped’ excessively in every room of the home. We were told the cabinets wouldn’t be fixed in time for closing but the cabinet company would arrange for replacements when it was our time in the queue. I had to send 3 emails and 10 voicemails before they realized our original customer care rep never put in the order.

The vendors on neighboring lots cut our internet service lines twice, got stucco and paint all over the sides of our home. We had to chase Lennar to have it fixed. There was an error with our irrigation and I had to chase that fix. I could keep going. The largest issue I’m now battling is the fact that all of our interior door frames were missed measured and I have 1.5-2 inch gaps at the bottoms. The fix is to go down to studs and reframe. They don’t want to offer solutions to a reasonable fix for us the homeowners. Instead they want us to lose a week of work while they tear our home apart to ‘fix’ their mistake. All while I’m the only one emailing/calling for updates and progress reports. If you want service and a company to stand behind their work then don’t buy Lennar!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

From day one Lennar salesman stated the rear property should have pine straw on it, which plainly stated by the HOA it should be on the golf course zone. In my first HOA meeting they told me the rear property should be sold. Lennar refuses to do so.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased my home the summer of 2018; where do I begin. Do not purchase a home from this builder. My front door was suppose to repaired before I occupied my home. Come to find out all this company did was shift the door so I would check the box to confirm it was completed. After the weather changed the front door of my home shifted back and rain has entered my home to the point where mold is growing in my home. When making this company aware of the situation I was called a liar. They apologized after I had to send pictures of the mold.

Nevertheless, the contractor finally came inside my home to access the mold etc. Guess what? Found my door is crooked, but yet they claimed this door was replaced before I occupied my home. It’s 2019. Mold is still growing and this company is now saying, and I quote "in good conscience they could not expose my home due to weather conditions". The contractor even revealed that this is a defect in several homes. The rest is too long but beware if you decide to purchase your home from Lennar; walk away!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Though our home was constructed by WCI they were bought out by Lennar shortly after completion. The service experience was not good. Some issues were related to HVAC engineering which resulted in cutting out wet sheetrock multiple times. This led to mildew infestation due to delayed repairs. My other major complaint was the non enforcement of the 7 night minimum rental policy. This totally changed the complexion of the property. Too many cars, overcrowding...not what I expected. I must say I bought and intended to live at Lost Key full time. Other buyers were investing in rental property which clashed with my intentions. Do your homework!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Our former CalAtlantic neighborhood was acquired by Lennar and they have been nothing but terrible. ALL the two story homes in our neighborhood have mold and plumbing issues and they even forgot the support beams in one of the homes. They are now “finished” with our small, 31 home neighborhood and there is paint, oil spills on the road, trash from workers, disheveled landscaping and crooked light polls only for Lennar to come back and say “Sorry, you’re on your own.” Please please please heed all the warnings on this awful company. Lennar is nothing but subpar work and unfulfilled promises. Don’t say you weren’t warned!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I thought long and hard before leaving this review but decided that 6 months into buying my new home and things are still not complete was worth leaving a review! So after providing Lennar with my punch list with at least 100 items that still aren’t done and here we are six months later. Now you might be wondering if I’m just being picky. I think not! I just paid shy of $700k for my home and it’s not even perfect. I’ve been dealing with many imperfections and learning to settle for less because we are here six months later and it’s been a daily struggle to get them to send contractors out that can even do things right let alone know what they are supposed to do.

One of the last items on my list is the grading of my property. It floods with every rain and the grass is completely soggy and has been from move in. They have just started to address the issue after complaining for six months. They suggested a drain but clearly the property is poorly graded. Another issue is the paint on the exterior of two windows which do not open and I cannot reach from the outside since they are on the third floor. They send contractors out on rainy days only to say, "Sorry it’s raining. We can’t clean your windows." I’m tired of complaining and waiting which I beginning to think is their strategy so I’ll pay someone to do the work.

With those issues left to be done let me share the other issues... Our interior stairs were done 5 times. They warped, were stained blue and were just done wrong 5 yes 5 times. And now I’m just settling for what I have because I’m tired! My posts are all different shades of brown, the painting and caulking of the stringers is just terrible from all the gauges they made removing the stairs four times. Contractor after contractor have been in my house doing subpar work only to have to have Lennar send out a different one. It’s crazy!!! We have a night light in our bedroom because one of the lights on the dimmer doesn’t turn off all the lights! Let’s just say Lennar lacks attention to detail in a big way. I think the structure of the house is solid and that’s only because it’s still standing but detail is the worst.

They grouted my bathroom and kitchen grout the wrong colors and had to send someone in to stain the grout. No one is paying attention! Where are the project managers on these jobs? Thankfully I worked in construction so I’m able to do detailed work. But why should I have to. I paid good money for my house and expect to get what I paid for! So, Lennar if you’re reading this you need to send a team of people to my house that pay attention to detail and can fix and tidy up my house.

As of late, they used caulk on the kitchen counter between the counter and the tile and now it’s pulling away leaving a gap. Why wasn’t this grouted??? I could spend hours going on and on about their shoddy work. And it’s not just me, my neighbors will tell the same thing. Lennar shouldn’t be in the home building business! The one plus is they have been responsive in fixing things but it takes repeated calls, contractors coming out for the wrong things and not having correct work orders so they can’t do the work. But even then you just get tired of the subpar work that you just fix things yourself. I spent one week having contractors come in around the clock and still not fixed properly. So if you’re planning on buying a Lennar home, read these reviews first! I will never buy another Lennar home!!! EVER!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The roof has leaked almost from the time we moved in. Lennar claims the sealant is cracking and has come out to repair it, yet now a year later it is leaking again and they are telling me the roof only has a 2 year warranty. What roofing company EVER has just a 2 year warranty unless they know it is inferior materials they use. No house I have ever lived in has ever had this issue. I live in the Houston area my whole life and never came across the sealant continue to crack, regardless of the weather and all the hurricanes I have lived through. Does anyone know if there is a lawsuit filed in Texas?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We have had so many issues with Lennar. In the beginning they were happy to fix all the problems they had created with poor workmanship. But not all issues surface right away. We have a plumbing issue under the sink that has gotten much worse over time. The connection to the drain for the dishwasher and ice maker is shared. A plumber I recently paid to "fix" it told me it was originally installed properly. I told him his company does all the work for Lennar! Lennar refused to pay for it. So $200 later it is now worse than it was before. I want to get an attorney as all my neighbors are having the same issues. I just want the appliances and plumbing in my home that I paid a lot of money for to be installed correctly and work!! I would NEVER buy another home from Lennar and tell everyone that will listen to never buy a Lennar home, new or pre-existing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Absolutely terrible experience. My new house is less than 2 years but rain leaking into my house. One year warranty? They are a bunch jokers. I am ready to sue them. Read all 219 one star review from all over states they built. I do not recommend them and I wish other people don't make the same mistake that I made.

If you stay away from Lennar houses, you will not have house headaches. Next time I'll study the builder before I purchase. Learned a painful lesson.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

New home was initially scheduled to be completed September 2018. We planned out move from Philadelphia to coincide with the time frame the home will be completed. We called in April to find out status of the construction only to discover that the paperwork was not submitted to the city of Katy, Houston Texas, for a permit to start construction. As a result, estimated completion date was moved to December 2018, then to Jan 2019 then to Feb 2019. Sad thing is we, my wife, kids (8 and 7 years old) have had to find temporary housing while all these delays continue. Eventually we found out that the delays are due to shabby framing work which the city of Katy failed during inspections (thank you city of Katy). It is so frustrating and there is no sense Lennar gets the frustrations and inconvenience these delays are causing us.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I am like others and wish I had read these reviews before buying. Even though I informed Lennar that I could wait to close until the home was complete and ready for move in, they said they needed to close on November 30 as that was their end of year for the company. Many items were on the list to be taken care of before closing. The day of closing only a very few items were done. I was assured the remaining items would be taken care of soon.

From the beginning of moving in the water backed up into the master bedroom shower and bedroom. Drywall had to be removed, carpet had to be removed, it had to dry out, inspected for mold. My bed was delivered the same day as the water back up. The bed could not be set up because of the water issue. This has left me sleeping on my couch and continue to sleep on my couch as of today. No one attempts to keep in contact with me regarding when the drywall will be installed and my calls go unanswered.

In 3 days it will be 1 month since I closed and I celebrated my holiday this year still sleeping on my couch. I purchased a new home to avoid dealing with issues such as this and this is exactly what I have been dealing with along with a long list of items still not completed. I am a senior, recently widowed and this is not how I pictured spending my days in my new home.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

To give you an idea on our current situation, let’s just list everything room by room. Garage: Hole under the steps that a mouse subsequently got in to. Joe came out personally to fix this. He has quite literally been our saving grace this ENTIRE process. Luckily no other issues have been had with the garage. Mud room: The transition piece where the tile meets the hardwood is too high. We were notified of this before settlement. We settled November 29, the tile company still has not fixed this. In fact, we were told they probably won’t until at least mid January. Again, we settled November 29. Closet next to the pantry: We were notified prior to settlement due to the merger this downstairs closet would now have a ledge instead of being a full closet. We were not notified of this until JOE told us. Again, he has been the only one helping and giving us correct answers.

Office: The cabinets are horrific. There’s added pieces to the cabinets we were literally never informed of by anyone including the design center. We had intended on refinishing the cabinets after move in but they are warped and so incredibly cheap it becomes pointless to try to reuse them. Warped and chipped cabinets were not what I thought we were ordering. Had we known, we would’ve upgraded. Everything else in this room is fine. Den/office: Other than forgetting to paint over areas that were re spackled there are no issues in this room either.

Kitchen: Again, same horrific cabinets and there’s a lot of them. Chips in cabinets from who knows what. Some are warped which is great considering now I know they warp easily so I’m sure that’ll be a wonderful expense to have to redo our entire kitchen who knows how long down the road. Chips in the hardwood. We were told to just get a marker. Absolutely not am I fixing hardwood I paid for with a $2 marker. AND the hardwood color is incorrect. No matter how many times they tell me the names match. They don’t.

The piece in the model home looks absolutely NOTHING like the piece from the design center. We took multiple photos and the floor was a dark gray almost charcoal color. Our floor is medium brown. It’s not the same color. I took photos with the piece of hardwood next to all the other choices from that day and everything else looks exactly the same, except the hardwood. We paid to have it extended to other areas of the downstairs and it’s not what I paid for, at all.

Morning room: Fine except chips in the paint/random beads of spackle. Living room: When you look up you can see every single area there was tape holding together drywall. There was no attention to detail. It does not look good. There’s paint on the hardwood from when they painted the trim. The walls got a single coat of paint which is evident considering it already chipped off in a plethora of places and the paint job wasn’t good either. We already had a professional painter out to go over almost the entire downstairs. It was that bad. Downstairs bathroom: We completely redid this bathroom. There were so many issues already. Front door: The posts were crooked but luckily fixed prior to moving in however the overhang above the door is still off center and looks awful. It doesn’t line up with the door or the window above it.

Downstairs windows: There’s a decent amount of windows needing to be replaced that Joe is already working on. But the fact we need 5+ window repairs already should be telling enough. Basement: Sump pump had an issue that was fixed. And then another issue that was fixed and then it still almost flooded our basement with all of my mother’s personal belongings as we were intending on finishing the basement for her. They fixed it again, we will see how long until something else breaks or almost floods. The only reason we caught this was thanks to OUR PERSONAL contractor. It was an inch from flooding and once he found it and fixed the issue, it subsequently flooded my neighbor's yard.

Joe has already been out to install piping to have it drain into our backyard instead of the enormous puddle of water that was forming next to our home in the dirt instead. The piping looks ridiculous but for now, it works. The egress window was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. If they power washed the outside, maybe clean the inside too before settlement? There’s mud everywhere and also on the floors, luckily they were unfinished. Stairwell: The stained railing doesn’t match the hardwood and it looks thrown together. Luckily Joe came back with two people to help try and fix it. Upstairs: One of the bedrooms had electrical issues that had to be fixed not once but three separate times. Which is concerning considering these are all issues we can see. Who knows what’s going on behind the walls at this point.

Upstairs hall bath: One of the tiles is cracked and splintering. Someone put grout OVER A SPACER. The spacer is between the toilet and a piece of tile and they just went right over a nickel sized spacer. There’s areas where grout or caulk is missing entirely. We had to have a fixture in the bathroom replaced already due to it being installed incorrectly and leaking. It looks awful. We didn’t know quality was going to be an upgrade. The framing around the mirror still hasn’t been completed.

Master bathroom: Same issues as the hall bath. Caulk/grout missing from areas. Tile cut on an angle so it doesn’t sit right around the tub. I just cleaned yesterday and the amount of grout that chipped off was about a cup full. There was no attention to detail. It looks terrible. The cabinets in the bathrooms are also warped with chips in them as well. The framing around the mirror still isn’t done. There were 2 light bulbs missing from the light fixture above the sink. Laundry room: The thing the washing machine sits in is about 8” too far to the left which makes it extremely cramped with the washer and dryer in there. We were told that would be moved as well but are still waiting on that.

Outside: When we first came to the development, we asked about the association documents and fencing. We wanted our fence to be a 6’ privacy fence and a shed ON THE PROPERTY LINE. We were told it was currently 4’ but it was already in the process of being changed. This was in May. In early November prior to settlement I asked for confirmation on that as I was getting pricing together for our fence and were told no, it was only change to 4.5’ - after a lot of emails and phone calls, we got an email stating it had in fact been changed to 6’. A few neighbors had already put up fences at this point. However, we just recently found out that we have an easement on our property! Apparently the “temporary swale” we were told about that was installed the DAY we moved in, isn’t actually temporary and it is an easement on our property we were never ONCE informed of.

So now the property we chose due to it being larger than our last house and far away from any type of water, now had an easement due to water that we would have to sacrifice 10’ of yard if we wanted to build a fence. 10’ may not seem like a lot but when you only have a quarter of an acre and planned to use every inch of that, 10’ now makes the yard smaller than our old house completely defeating the purpose of moving to this homesite. HAD WE KNOWN WE WOULD'VE CHOSE A DIFFERENT HOMESITE. I do not want a house with an easement. I do not want a house with a swale in the backyard. I do not want a house with all of these constant issues. I do not want to be stressed out living in my own home! Not to mention if you ever have an emergency, don’t bother calling their “emergency” line because they won’t send anyone out until maybe Tuesday anyway.

Our basement flooded due to being too close to water and a sump issue at our previous house. We looked at blueprints and asked every question in the book to make sure WE WEREN'T NEAR ANY TYPE OF WATER. So finding out there’s an easement has been absolutely infuriating. I no longer want to live in this house and selling it I’m sure would be a nightmare as we now have to disclose that there’s an easement on our property that we were never told of. Thanks Lennar! Thank you for making it so ungodly stressful, especially during the holidays! Thank you for making a beautiful model home with cabinets and running water in the basement which apparently isn’t even allowed by our borough so we can’t finish the basement the way the model home was finished! Thank you for our property by telling us there’s no water running or standing.

Thank you for making a special moment into an absolute month long nightmare. We had no choice but to move in. Was it unlivable? No. But do I enjoy living in an unfinished house where something goes wrong almost daily? Absolutely not. Do I enjoy having to make phone call after phone call to get absolutely nowhere? No. Joe has been the ONLY ONE who’s actually been here fixing things because YOUR subcontractors made mistakes. He can’t do it all and clearly Lennar doesn’t care, they got paid!

Meanwhile we are living a constant nightmare with having to worry about well what’s going on behind the walls? Is our house going to go up in flames with all of us inside because of more faulty wiring we can’t see? Is our house going to flood because we can’t babysit a sump to make sure it doesn’t break for a fourth time? This isn’t a matter of being picky. This is absolutely ridiculous that anyone needs to be dealing with this, and then add having 3 small kids into that. 3 small kids that can’t even play in our yard because it’s currently a pile of mud. There’s barely any straw down anymore. It is a giant pile of mud that does nothing to soak up water which only increases worries of the basement flooding.

This isn’t even all of our issues, these are just the ones I’ve had absolutely enough of. Something needs to be done but at this point unless the easement magically disappears along with the other issues, I don’t foresee us staying here long which is going to be a great amount of money lost and I don’t foresee us or anyone we know EVER buying a home with Lennar or ANY of its associates ever again. You need to make this right. Not Joe, not Holly, not Matt. Whoever is “in charge” of hiring subcontractors and making sure quality isn’t an upgrade. Whoever is in charge of disclosing easements to home buyers. Because guess what? Our neighbors had NO IDEA there was an easement either. So someone is hiding things to get a sale. You got your money while we are out the home we were promised. Someone needs to make this right.

Lennar Homes Company Information