2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.09/5

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I have put an earnest money deposit down on a new home. I was told house would be available within 3-4 weeks and it has been 7 now with no end in sight. The company is price gouging to inflate the market during low interest rate times. This is the LAST house built in the neighborhood and they claim they are waiting for supplies. I have it in writing they will not charge more than 10k above what was quoted when we put deposit down. Very low ethic business standards.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Horrible experience. While our home was being built we have had many things go wrong. The wrong roof color, our property was not graded until we fought for it. Had to bring it to their attention though the plat of survey showed it. Our closing was the absolute worse experience. They wanted us to “dry close” due to their lack of work ethic and not getting our proper work history prior to us going to closing. We only closed because our lawyer called the Vice President of Lennar. We have only been in our house three weeks now and our Corners are cracking. And not due to “movement” you could actually put your thumb through our dry wall due to the poor quality of work. Half of the backsplash of our kitchen counters is not caulked.

Very poor communication through out this process including trying to get our corners fixed. From my experience lennar only cares about selling as many houses not the quality of work nor the buyers. The prices of these homes don’t match the quality. If we knew what this home experience would be like we would of walked away from the start. Very sad that we have been treated this way especially buying and building our first home.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I pretty much bought this place to turn a profit when the community gets built out, sell it, move out of California, and buy a place that wasn’t half** just to keep the cookie cutter rolling. If I had read the reviews, I would have gone with a different builder. First off, Lennar Mortgage is a joke. They offer $10,000 off if you use them to buy your home. After all the stress, the headaches, the hurry up and wait, and the fact that they needed dead last minute documents they should’ve asked for in the first week because it never dawned on them to come up with a list of documents they need, I would’ve eaten the 10k and gone with Loan Depot. That’s literally how bad it was.

The build quality is subpar even for a production house to the point that it would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad. Nothing is square, my backsplash is crooked, my flooring isn’t glued down so there’s hollow noise, and cabinet trim is literally falling off to the touch because whoever installed it used only 2 staples to secure it. It really is a wonder the people who built it actually get paid to do this for a living. Real estate profit aside, I really can’t wait to get rid of this heap and move into something quality built. I will NEVER buy another Lennar house again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

In January 2021 I entered into a contract with Lennar to purchase a new pre construction home at Galiano Pointe: Beacon Collection. I got conditionally approved for the loan. I gave my down payment and everything was running smoothly. I got a call from the manager yesterday (2/6/2021) telling me that they have to cancel my contract because they don't have approved plans for the home and they don't have enough materials to finish building in 2021.

He also said that because they don't have a projected due date for the house to be finished and because it could run into 2022 he has to break the contract with me. He also stated that once everything is approved I would get a call to see if I was still interested in buying the house but with a new price depending on the market value at that time. I don't understand how Lennar could enter into a contract without having approved plans or enough materials. So now I have to end the contract and lose the price that I was locked into when I know the market value has already gone up $10,000.00. This is such a scam.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

We wrote a contract a few months ago for a new construction home in Princeton TX. While Mike, the sales rep was very nice, the rest of the experience was the worst we've ever had and we are NOT newbies at home purchases. BEWARE of LENNAR and EAGLE MORTGAGE! I don't have room to go into all of the details, just be assured we would NEVER EVER recommend purchasing a Lennar home to anyone. Because of their lack of communication, ridiculous loan officer's mess ups and so much more, we are left with no house 8 days before closing. I could go on and on, just be careful dealing with this company! Do your due diligence and read the reviews. There are plenty of other really good builders out there, do yourself a favor and check them out.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

My husband and I have been in our brand new Lennar home for almost a year. Before I even signed on the dotted lines, my realtor and I walked the house with the Contractor and created a list of things that needed to be fixed PRIOR to our move-in date. None of these were fixed. Called the contractor and made him aware, he thought his people fixed everything. He came and fixed a lot of it himself and even reached out to some of the subs and got things taken care of.

In July we noticed cracking in the tile of our master tub and put a work order in. After trying to schedule people to get in for quite some time, my husband was able to finally coordinate with Lennar on getting the contractors in, this was in December. The contractor then removed the cracking tile to see if he could find the source of the problem and lo and behold, we now have mold beneath our tub due to their negligence in getting the work done. We continue to call and text and get no straight answers. I just got off the phone with their customer service department and the woman was rude and excused Mike's negligence to addressing our problems. Needless to say, we will never be buying a Lennar home again and would recommend any of our friends or family to never buy from them in the future. Beyond disappointed with their 'your problem' attitude and their lack of follow through.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Though it’s nice to have a new home, we are still experiencing issues with squeaky/creaking floors on the second level. We had the issues corrected initially and now after 2 years the issue has continued. Now the noise is so loud I’m kicking myself for not being more consistent with my efforts to get someone on the phone to get the floors fixed prior to the end of the first year in the home. I’m not sure who they use as subcontractors or what materials were chosen, but this is not what I expected from a brand new home. I should have read the reviews sooner and we would have chosen a different builder. Now we’re stuck with noisy and creaking floors. Please make sure you keep track of all issues related to the construction of your home and report them immediately. They’re not very responsive at the sales office or customer service so continue to submit your request and document everything.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

This corporation does NOT pride themselves on the product they provide. They simply intend to assemble something as quickly and as cheap as they can...close out and move on to the next sucker. No commitment, customer service nor quality standards are thought of when thinking Lennar. I do not blame the trades or professions that work for Lennar - as Lennar does not pay them for the quality or commitment. They pay as little as they can and penalize these resources as often and as much as they can to maintain the number of houses they expect completed. Massive production line assembly that inherently screams problems, bad craftsmanship and covered up issues down the road. WARNING - DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS CORPORATION OR ITS SERVICES. You will lose any hope for a fair exchange on any front in dealing with them!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I purchased a home in April 2020, had some warranty issues they promised to resolve before I moved in. They were not resolved and it is now 10 months later and they still are not resolved. These are not small issues. There are issues with subflooring, Water damage, and unfinished work. I cannot get anyone to respond back to me. I am not the only home in this community with issues, about 75% of us are waiting on issues to be fixed. Those who have had their homes fixed had to seek legal counsel first. There is not just issues with the homes but also the community grounds.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Purchased my home in 2017 and do realize it’s out of warranty. Apparently, there’s been a slow leak from a shower bench that is not only a poor design but faulty install. The water came out from the bedroom wall and caused black mold under the carpet. Lennar said they’d caulk. I had to have my bedroom wall cut opened to find the cause, the carpet and tackless were full of black mold and the plumber found a box left in the wall. I now need the wall patched, tile replaced in the shower and new carpet.

Lennar Homes Company Information