1.31/5

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

lennar.com

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

232 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Lennar has been a nightmare. I didn't listen to the 35,000 complaints around different states and how they have issues and complaints and no one listens. Check out www.mylennarhome.com. My home sidewalk is higher than the foundation of my home. I get flood and termites and over 23 more issues that are easy to fix but they don't listen. Don't buy any homes from them. Lennar when you resolve my issues I will remove this public complaint.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy a new home from Lennar. Should have read through these reviews before we decided to buy in one of their new neighborhoods here in Georgia. Despite all the "incentives" for buying new, the house has been an absolute nightmare. First sign of trouble was going through their lender, which we had to in order to get the builder incentives. About three days before the closing they call and tell us we need to put more down on the house because we suddenly don't qualify. Put over half the purchase price down and credit scores in mid 800s. Called and asked to speak with supervisor, turns out the loan officer "forgot" to include part of the income. Rookie mistake that caused a TON of stress only a few days before the closing.

Closed on the new house and day of move in a garbage truck had backed over our water main and crushed it. Water was gushing down the street when we came to do our walk through. They shut down the water and said "Sorry it's Friday and we can't fix 'til Monday or Tuesday." So they expected us to go almost 4 days on move-in weekend without water, including no toilets. When asked what we would do they suggested we use the port-o-potty next door for the contractors building the other units. Completely unacceptable and they were unwilling to try to get the issue fixed faster.

Inspector found that the main outlet in the garage that the water heater was hooked up to was bad and wasn't getting power/had faulty wiring. So they ran an extension all the way across the garage to the other outlet, said they would get someone out to fix it. Has been 3+ weeks and still have not been out to repair it. Cannot organize or use the garage much since there is this electrical cable crossing the middle of the room. Have called 3-4 times, got a response from the lady in the sales office who said the woman who set up the original work order had been fired and none of her paperwork had been picked up. Now going on week 4 with this issue.

If that wasn't bad enough we had a big rain storm today, which is supposed to last the next 2-3 days. Water is coming down the walls in the main bedroom and there are 3 5-gallon buckets which are filling up. Called the builder and find out he's "out sick" and can't return calls. Call the office and they say there is nothing they can do because the builder is "out sick." Again, this is completely unacceptable and about as effective as most slumlord apartment complex customer service teams. After 2-3 irate calls with water gushing down the walls they finally send someone, who discovers there are massive holes in the roof and says that the ENTIRE roof will have to be replaced in 2-3 days once it stops raining. The ENTIRE roof on a NEW house has to be replaced within 3 weeks and given how responsive they have been so far, I'll be surprised if it is done by Christmas.

This doesn't even cover the little things, like the 3 missing light fixtures in the upstairs bathroom they said would be provided within 2-3 days of move-in, going on 3+ weeks on those as well, in addition to a few other minor cosmetic fixes throughout the house they said would be taken care of by now. It has been an absolute nightmare and to say there is buyer's remorse is an understatement. They remind of several of the crap apartment communities I've lived in here in Atlanta where once you are in and they have their money they could care less about you. Their customer service is abysmal at best and their response is to continually make excuses or say the person responsible isn't available or is off work, or is doing something else besides taking care of your NEW house that has tons of problems. DO NOT buy a Lennar home, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I, Ramesh **, live in Fall Creek, Humble, Texas 77396. I had purchased a new home from CalAtlantic Homes in May 2016. I had lots of issues about the house which needed to be fixed, but they never did. Two years have passed by, and now the company has merged with Lennar. Finally, I had to take this matter to Mediation and now for Arbitration. See reviews on BBB, there are 165 complaints against this company. I am the 166th victim.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased my home from CalAtlantic. Now Lennar. I have warranty issue with my driveway. Was poured in December. And now is chipping. Very bad and costly mistake by builder. I contact them and had no response for a week. Is that you are doing business Lennar?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Beware. Do not, I repeat, do not buy a Lennar home. Their homes are cheaply built with the cheapest of the cheapest materials. If you buy, trust me, something will go wrong and fall apart, and when you reach out to customer services to have one of their neurologist come out, they won't help you either. They're rude and take forever to return your call. They take their time with building and the construction of the model homes so they can trick you into putting an offer in and signing that contract.

I can't speak for everyone that has purchased a Lennar home, but I can certainly speak for myself and quite a few others. Do not buy their cheap product. The people building the homes are from other countries and rush through the construction on all of their homes. They hire anybody to build their homes. I'm warning anybody who has thought about buying a Lennar home, not to buy. Trust me, you'll be so unhappy with your home shortly after moving in and wished you would have taken this advice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Lennar as a company has put us into catastrophic position. We feel very discriminated by Lennar only because we were unfortunate enough to buy Calatlantic model on the verge of takeover. Since then our house was put on a back burner. Lennar has too many other houses to sell. Our street is almost complete with Lennar models which by the way diminish value of our house dramatically.

We had a drywall inspection at the end of August 2018. We’ve been told that building inspection will happen shortly after that. After 2 months - the house is still there, waiting for building inspection. That’s another 2 months lost. And explanation I’ve got is just preposterous. 2 months have been lost due to some vendor not delivering/installing sliding door. I wish I knew - I could have gone and bought it myself. We do feel robbed and humiliated. We’ve been fed so many promises and all of them fell short. The state of the construction is putting us, maybe, I repeat MAYBE, to February 2019. That is if they are no more delays due to vendor not delivering a faucet.

We gave up our housing in CT, moved to area based on latest promise from Lennar that closing will be in November 2018. We rented a house for 2 months - October and November. We will have to get out of the house December 1. And we will be basically on the street, just because all suitable short terms rentals are gone due to high season. I guess we will not have any choice but to move in to one of the Lennar’s model homes. I hate to see my 82 old, ill parents to go thru another temporarily move again.

This was the letter I sent to Lennar on Facebook messenger. I was contacted by Director of Sales who promised me on Monday October 29 2018 that insulation will be installed in our house this week. Today is Friday, November 2 2018. No work has been done on the house for the whole week. Based on what I read on this site - maybe it's better to just walk away? hire a lawyer and try to get 42k deposit back? Not sure if this will work.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I have read several reviews on the site regarding Lennar Homes. The overwhelming majority were negative so I wanted to document my journey so far. My experience hasn’t been perfect but it also has been far from a nightmare. I may have a slight advantage as I am a licensed Realtor although I do not work in the field full time. My initial interaction with Lennar was very pleasant and not as pushy or dismissing as some new home consultants can be. I typically wear sweats and comfortable shoes such as Crocs when I went out to view homes for myself and I think some new home consultants at other communities used that to gauge whether I could afford one of their homes or not.

However that was not the case at Lennar in Charles county even though it was at the Lennar location in Gambrills MD that I was sent to because they were the only site with a specific model I wanted to see. After viewing a few models I found one that I really liked but price conscious side of me was a bit Leery. I took some time to think it over and eventually decided to move forward after conducting some research. I went to the office on a Sunday to get more information and ended up signing my documents that day. Obviously the banks were closed and I had some training to attend for work for about a week so Lennar allowed me to place a deposit equivalent to what I could withdraw from the ATM and send the rest once my training was complete.

I chose my options that day and even called a relative over that I know was on the market as well Katrina stayed to answer all of their questions well past the time the office closes. Lennar made it very clear from the beginning that there was something that they wanted me to work on financially and before closing and I began work on that straight away. For me none of it was an issue because it was all things that I already had plans to pay down. I signed the paperwork with their office in April and was provided a construction completion date of Oct 31. After reading some of the reviews here I think it is important to stress that the construction completion date and the date you close will not be the same date.

Lennar scheduled a meeting with me and the construction manager updated the construction completion date to early Nov. and we were on our way. The loan/credit folks provided me with an action plan and I provided updates regularly. Sometimes they would best me to check on my status. I completed all of the requested action ahead of schedule so we made a few tweaks. The only person that was as responsive via email as I would have liked would be the loan officer but he answered his phone every time I called. Everyone else responded within a matter of minutes when I asked any questions or wanted to schedule some time to actually walk the home while under construction. I have not closed yet but everything is scheduled including my home inspection.

My advice to everyone is to get a home inspection. The new home consultant may act as if it’s not needed because the home is new but that’s not what the inspector is looking for. You want to get the inspection because the reality is a lot of the work is performed by contractors and people make mistakes. That is true for new and older homes, we just hope the mistakes are not something that dramatically impacts your ability to enjoy the home which is why you need an home inspector to flush out as much as possible.

I currently rent approximately 5 mins from the home I’m having built so I’m able to go by frequently and check on the progress and there are several people that work on the homes being built and I’m certain Minimal supervision is provided as they have several homes under construction at the same time. My only complaint would be if you sit back and wait for them to tell you what's going on you might feel as if they don’t pass information along well. I found out the dates for my walkthrough and closing from the new home consultant almost a month before I received the official email from the settlement coordinator.

The credit specialist told me that everything was good to go with my loan before I heard from the loan officer. So my point is that if you are buying with Lennar do not hesitate to ask question to anyone you can get in touch with and get a home inspection completed by a third party (that $400 could save you a lot of stress down the road). Remember that you are spending thousands of dollars and whoever holds the purse holds the control.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

12-2015 to 10-2015. We somehow had the best customer service and easy closing here in Clovis, CA Chateau at Ellingsworth. We bought a move in ready sorta. We accepted it at about 70% completed. It is now OCT 30 2018 and we are still dealing with construction defects. The HVAC unit is too small for the house with very poor ductwork and air balance throughout the home. It has been worked on three times.

Our Master floor shakes when someone walks across it and the floor squeaks when you enter the master bathroom. Their CSR told us not to worry all second floors shake and squeak. Poor cabinet quality, excessive cracked grout, etc. We have other issues but are now entering Mediation set for 1/8/2019. My advice is if you do buy Lennar at least here in the Fresno area defiantly have a professional home inspector, inspect your home just before your walkthrough and set up repairs from that. Good luck.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We did a lot of research before buying, and felt pretty prepared for everything we encountered, but we did get hit by a few things. It was more difficult to get approved than we were initially led to believe - after first being told we were approved and that was "set in stone," weeks later as we were getting the financing worked out, we suddenly found out we might not get approved after all. We did, finally, but we paid a LOT more out-of-pocket than we anticipated, including having to pay off a credit card to tweak my debt-to-income ratio.

Things you NEED to know: how the property taxes and escrow account work. Your monthly payment WILL go up after the first year unless you elect to put the maximum percentage into the escrow account right from the start. This is because the property taxes are first assessed when the plot is just land, and then re-assessed after a house is built - dramatically increases the value, and therefore the taxes. Also, the "everything's included!" is a bit of a lie. They don't seal the tile or stain the fences themselves; you'll have to do it or pay to have it done, and it's not cheap. The house itself seems solidly constructed - we haven't had any major issues in two years - but Lennar absolutely skimps on the finishing details. The paint and carpet are SO cheap and SO crappy. The house already needs a re-paint, and for that awful carpet to be ripped up. It looks so bad. Those are my only real complaints, though.

Do your homework before you buy; I can't stress that enough. Know what's coming. Know that you'll spend more out-of-pocket than you think. The warranties definitely come in handy!! Have your house inspected by a third party inspector right before the one-year whole-house warranty expires, and get Lennar to fix any issues they find at that time; best piece of advice our realtor gave us. Know you're not buying the best money can get, but for a lot of people in a certain financial position, Lennar is not a bad option. Just know what you're getting into.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Lennar is unethical in its business practices. We started to sense that there was going to be trouble down the road so we canceled our contract to build a townhome with them in Media PA within the allowable cancellation window. Lennar acknowledged that our refund would be made in full and delivered to us within 2 to 4 weeks. It is now 10+ weeks and we’ve yet to see a dime nor will they engage in a conversation with us. Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Run the other way if you’re considering buying or building with them.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Dishonest company! I have never seen or experience such unethical behavior from any company. Lennar staff does its business to take advantage of the customer. They are unorganized and unprofessional. Just to handle the floor we went there 4 times and at the end, they installed what they wanted. If I mention the incentives and mortgage rate, this can be a long story. They have the higher rate and don't want to give the incentive they promised.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was really disappointed with customer service, email communication is not clear. The project kept delaying, and due to that we have extend our rate lock, and paid all the money from our pocket. We tried to reach salesperson, she replied back with "As for asking to cover the cost of extension, we cannot do that. The builder cannot come back to you and increase your sales price even though it has gone up over $100,000 (we are selling your plan on the second floor for $993,880)."

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

So... I'm not really sure what all of the bad reviews are. But I would like you to know my experience. My husband and I bought a house at Lennar at Lake Ridge in Manchester NJ. My sales rep Karen is and was and is amazing. From day 1 of dealing with Lennar has been wonderful. Karen is the nicest, kindest hard working sales rep ever!!! I had a very small issue at my home last week. It has been 6 months since we closed. Anyway, I called her since she gave me her cell in the very beginning. Within an hour she got back to me even though she was on a surprise birthday trip in Paris. Then I called warranty which answered immediately and had a guy out here that same afternoon. And in 5 minutes found the problem and told me it will be taken care of.

From day 1 of walking into the sales office, buying our home... which is absolutely perfect walk thru closing and any little problem I might have had has been addressed and taken care of immediately. And I will admit I am a bit intense. And not 1 time have I had a single issue dealing with anyone at Lennar. They have been pleasant, kind, patient, accommodating. I do not have 1 bad thing to say. So all I will add if you live in NJ. Buy LENNAR!!! AWESOME HOME AND PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

They are very unprofessional. You’d think if you’re spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, someone will call you a week before closing to tell you, “YOU’RE NOT CLOSING.” Our closing date was changed 3 times, and then the last time they said “we’ll let you know in about a week a new date”. This was 5 days before my scheduled closing. So imagine, my lease is up, I’m packed up, and I have nowhere to go. But I’m suppose to wait for you guys to procrastinate on my home. I stopped by the house almost daily. I watched as they put up framing for other houses, bricks, shingles, everything. But my house was a week from closing and it was 60% done. The office and the builders don’t communicate. No one knows anything. If you can avoid it, do not buy a Lennar home. You’ll be waiting months for your house to be built and your closing date will change constantly. Not worth it. Oh and you can make any home a smart home for a fraction of the price???

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I am a buyer of new home at **. The committed closing date was October 1, 2018 then closing date was moved to November 15, 2018. The builder has told us about the construction that it has stopped due to contractor’s unavailability. Why should we suffer because of contractor’s unavailability and for how long? We gave everything on time and we expect same from Lennar, are we expecting too much if we are cooperating and saying that at least keep moved closing date which is November 15, 2018. Please help to keep the closing date as November 15 by expediting the construction for **. My family has already suffered a lot due to this delay.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

After presenting our offer to the sales manager with our agent and broker, then later accepting their verbal counter-offer and then later meeting to sign the sales agreement (sales manager then didn't show); our agent was told by Lennar that we could not have any buyer representation as we had previously toured the models and asked questions. So confused, humiliated and frustrated we canceled our deposit, listing agreement and third new Lennar dream home purchase.

Lennar's passive aggressive cavalier approach flows over to construction practices (e.g. inadequate construction trash bins that have no top doors for debris containment, poor or no site cleanup, fugitive dust blowing, speeding trucks, etc.). Painful to write this review after all we have invested in the community. Worked with the City of LQ for our first year regarding the fly infestation from an illegal (i.e. no licenses or conditional use permits) for a nearby horse boarding ranch constantly covered in manure.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I just closed on a Lennar Home in LaMorada in Naples, FL. Before signing papers I read some of the very negative reviews and was most reluctant to build, but after speaking with several representatives of the Company and homeowners, I decided to proceed. I built the home while still living in New York, and only visited the site a handful of times during the building process. I could not be happier with the final product. Customer service representatives, Catherine **, was always very responsive to any questions or concerns. Upon moving in there were just a few cosmetic adjustments that needed to be made.

It is not like the custom made homes I have built in the past where adjustments can be made and rooms made larger, but the ease with which the home is constructed, with fewer decisions made the process so much easier. The builder in Charge, Dan, was highly responsive to the few requests I had upon moving in and the work was completed quickly and efficiently. It has been a very positive experience from start to finish, (except for working with their lending department which refused lending to me despite the 850 credit rating). I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

This company thrive on home shortage nation-wide and arm twist poor and unlearned citizens buying their homes. 1. False advertisement of school district within their housing development, Lennar website and last minute swap on document to unsuspecting/innocent buyers. 2. Very poor customer service, unprofessional and improperly trained sales and customer care/follow-up punch-list items staff/reps. 3. Beware of un-inform and unfinished garage, poor and cheap building products, stain-prone indoor wall paints, unseal grout, poorly installed cabinets, hidden and damaged floor board covered with carpet, etc.

P.S: Sales doesn't walk customers through model homes to explain and give opportunity to ask questions... they simply show you where the model homes is and when you return or not, hand you pricing sheet or have you sign home contract. If you reading this, stay AWAY from Lennar Homes, go for local builders within your community... otherwise GOOD-LUCK.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I am two days away from closing and seriously considering walking away. The Mathis Place at Pembrook in McDonough. Let me start by saying the model home is beautiful. The problem is you get hardly anything in it. No refrigerator. They have added walls to the plan that they never disclosed until I saw it. No cable outlets, no ceiling fans. And, most of the wall outlets are for "decoration purposes only". The on site agent loves to say everything is included. Do not be fooled.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I recently build and purchase a home in Frederick County at Jefferson Place and I’m in the process of moving in. When doing my inspection you never really see everything until you move in. Very unhappy with the overall quality and workmanship by LENNAR and their contractors. I don’t believe that LENNAR has any type of program in place to verify or test appliances or verify work quality or for that matter to see if it works properly. They just want to get your money get the sale and move on to the next one. My HVAC furnace doesn’t work properly. The venting and exhaust/inlet air or piped in reverse to where the furnace will not operate.

I called warranty and emailed and they suggested that I called the contractors myself. What is the purpose of their warranty service. I called the warranty contractor for my HVAC furnace and waited from 3 o’clock until 6 o’clock. Finally the guy showed up and was what appeared to be intoxicated and extremely unprofessional. I would not let this person in my house. I sent him away. While using the oven for the first time last night all the smoke detectors went off and the house filled up with smoke. Went to turn on over-the-counter vent fan which did not help at all due to it hasn’t been vented to the outside of the house of course.

Checked with most of my neighbors. None of their over-the-counter Vants work either. They also experienced the same problem when cooking. It would appear that the appliance installer just doesn’t know what they’re doing. So again today I have to call warranty to have yet another problem fixed or rectified that should’ve been caught by the builder on some sort of final inspection. Overall paint drywall and finish is horrible. Supposedly once the house is finished and before turn over a higher up from LENNAR walks the house and doesn’t inspection is this guy blind.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased a home 4 years ago from Ryland Homes. The property came with a 10 year structural warranty. Ryland homes has since been purchased by Lennar. Part of my roof is literally falling off because the plywood underneath was never nailed to the supports and it is literally falling apart. I called to put in a claim against my warranty. NO ONE will help me and all I got is some woman yelling at me over the phone that they will not do anything about it because they didn't build the home. But when I said, "Yes. But you purchased the company that did build the home so you assume the liabilities of that company," he just yelled at me and hung up on me. I now have no choice but to file a lawsuit against them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We moved in to our MODEL home, with all the upgrades and supposedly support, associated with the purchase. We closed on July 22-2018. The garage was the office for the sales team. The conversion took about 3 weeks. They meaning Lennar support first indicated that we purchased AS IS. Then I told them to convert the garage back to the office. Purchased AS IS remember. They completed the garage as requested.

Then the water started to flow, not completely out of the sinks. The main Master bathroom shower underground pipes broke, therefore the water spilled all over the rugs and padding in the master bedroom. The upstairs shower drain was not properly positioned causing water to come down the ceiling and on top of the refrigerator. The entire problem is basically caused by downright (NO QUALITY CONTROL). We as the customer put 350K on the table for their business to grow and flourish, we ask for help. NO RESPONSE. We open tickets. They generate auto response with a lie.

It is September 12, we have holes on the ceiling in the kitchen, and holes on the ceiling in the master bathroom and toilet walls. Don't forget, we closed on July 22nd. Lennar, senior management has been informed via E-mail. I think that the consumer should really give Lennar a dose of Social Media exposure. Maybe that would generate a real human response, instead of a ROBO generated note.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Lennar took over this development from CalAtlantic and everything has gotten worse, not better as we all hoped it would be. The workers appear to be unsupervised and basically there is no control. Trash and garbage fill the construction and residential areas, landscaping (can I even call it that?) is horrible, speeding and careless operation of vehicles by workers has been out of control, loud music 10 hours a day on job sites is against their rules but they allow it anyway.

Our own home has been fairly okay with the exception of looking like a spiderweb with all the stucco cracks. But others have been so unfortunate. Fire sprinkler system leaks in the ceiling twice, kitchen flooded, cabinets not installed by closing, damaged cabinets, missing hardware, electrical outlets falling out of the enclosure, and pushed back closing dates apparently due to a lack of workforce. (Don't even ask why their workforce has been decimated, but you can guess.) Lennar dismisses complaints and doesn't respond to e-mails. Frankly, I would never buy a home from them and would never recommend them to anyone based on current issues.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We tried to purchase a new home from Lennar at the end of the quarter so they were anxious to close in two weeks, closing day arrived none of the punch list was complete so we felt rushed and wanted to wait a day or two so items could be completed. I have read their complaints about never fixing repairs after closing. Then Barbara ** threatened us if we didn't close at 10:30 pm at night, anything sounding fishy yet. After we didn't close of Labor Day weekend from Friday night, we got charged a per diem of 300$ per day.

Then came to working day Barbara ** said we can't close now and then refused to return and emails or calls, they did return my escrow less 250. I tried getting a hold of a higher up CEO like Jon Jaffe. He said he would help then he disappeared too. This company is so shady. I have never seen customer service this bad. Worse than anyone. Why treat customers like this? Now we have a month to find a home from somewhere else. Oh God help us! Buyer beware. Consumer beware.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

They used a concrete breaker on an excavator to break up the perfectly good foundation on the 20 million dollar home that was there so that they could have a second basement. This and associated excavation took years. They did nothing to mitigate the impact on the neighbors. Now they have enough lights for a small city that they never turn off. There HVAC system is the size of a hotels and makes lots of noise. Pigs. Pigs. Ugly Pigs.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Lennar provides closing documents at 7 pm the day before closing. When I said it wasn’t enough time to review with my attorney they said I didn’t need a review and threatened me that I would lose my $40k deposit if I didn’t sign and send remaining funds, so I was coerced into closing without proper legal advice. I have emails to back it all up. Stay away from Lennar.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Purchased an inventory home from Lennar @ Artesia in Prosper, Texas. Noticed that the rain water was not draining and pooling on both sides of home. Even after many days of rain, water puddles would still remain, as grading from back to the front of the yard was so poorly planned. This is a very common problem in this neighborhood especially with Lennar but not other builders like Megatel.

Now because of the draining issue, 1. mosquitoes breed in the stagnant water and increases risk of mosquito borne diseases. 2. Algae grows as the surface stays wet for long time/many many days. These algae can be dangerous to kids, pets. 3. Slip and fall hazard because of mushy areas and algae. 4. Also the grading from the wall of the house to the side yard is very steep. This steepness combined with mushy areas, makes it difficult to mow the lawn. Once brought to their attention, they take forever to address and to even acknowledge. One should consider carefully before buying inventory homes with Lennar.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was shocked when we first saw these bad reviews a year ago. We went ahead and signed. We had an agent who used to build new homes so knows what to look for. During our walkthroughs he kept saying how "clean" all the seams were, the details were looked after. The inspector caught a few outlets not working, but nothing major. Our neighbor had an issue with the siding guy nailing through his gas line, but accidents happen, and Lennar sent everyone out right away.

There were a couple times we reached out as we saw progress was being made but didn't hear anything (you can do your due diligence too you know), but from the sales rep, to construction manager, to final walkthrough guy we were happy with their customer service and still stop by to talk and ask how the house is going. Overall, if you are looking to build with Lennar, take these reviews with a grain of salt. Remember that there are THOUSANDS of people who are happily moved in and are busy painting, moving furniture, getting their kids enrolled in schools and do not have time to complain on websites.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Our first bad experience was at closing. We were promised a new fridge as the old was dented badly. It was in the garage at final walk through. Three days later the maintenance manager said they would come swap them. When they arrived they insisted they were hired only to remove the old fridge. The maintenance manager was standing there and I filled Him in. He told me it was between me And the service Guy (you hired him!). That was my first clue. The cabinets don’t sit straight when closed. The pull out pantry shelves fall off track when weight is added.

The tile in master bath has cracked from door frame to door frame. The AC is installed so **. There is no soil, it’s rocks, clay and sod. My AC leaks so badly. Egress window is full of water and mold. I have mold growing in the grass. The paint provided doesn’t match. Even from the maintenance person. Paint is all over the stained floors and steps. I am no longer allowed to deal with the Maintenance manager because I gave a bad review so now I have to go through the website. 48 hrs later if you are lucky you might get a phone call.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I can’t express the level of disappointment! Cheap Materials, Terrible Construction, drywall is paper thin! Electrical outlets don’t work! Defected tiles, missing pieces to bathroom vanities. Appliances are horrible and don’t work properly! Missing rain gutters! No proper irrigation in the community. Oh and Water pressure there is none!! I repeat. Don’t buy from Lennar!

Lennar Homes Company Information