2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2020

It’s really bad service. They gave us 10 year warranty for everything. Now it’s just 2 year and my ac is not working and they charge me for 2000$ plus for just checking and try to call them they don’t want to talk.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Really so much to say in the 3 years we've been trying to get Lennar to resolve. These are issues they have taken responsibility for, agreed to pay for, but over three years have failed to fix. Easiest to go to ** and see for yourself. We created the website to get the word out.

Original review: April 18, 2020

!!!INCREDIBLE how in 30 minutes the LENDER can destroy a family's dreams of owning their own home!!!! We visited Miramesa Cypress because they offered us an excellent deal within our budget, to make the house of our dreams come true, everything looked perfect, the price, the house, the upgrades, area, the community, and the high school.

We are prequalified with another lender but they recommended us that we apply with their LENDER to get some builder benefits, and as told we applied that same day, during the application process we had two or three special questions about our situation and the LENDER told us that there was no issue and that we could continue and submit the application online as it was. The next day the LENDER contacted me and told me that everything looked very good, and that we will need to send him our documents as soon as possible, obviously it was!! GREAT NEWS FOR MY FAMILY!! I quickly got home to scan the documents, and my very excited daughter started helping me, during that process I get a call from my Realtor saying that the loan was no longer approved.!! Why? I don't know.!!

Just 30 minutes prior I had spoken to your LENDER and he told me everything was good to go. And now (30 minutes after) the LENDER calls my realtor (not even me) and tells her that there are other clients also interested in the house even though we established that we wanted it about a day ago and we’re in the process of buying.

Everything was so confusing as I didn’t know what exactly “there are other clients” was suppose to mean, I called the LENDER to ask for an explanation and he didn't answer and of course I did not receive a reply, In the end we weren’t able to get the house. We couldn't to try with our lender because they accepted the other offer.. Maybe, It’s fine to ruin my dreams, but to ruin especially my daughter?!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!.

Original review: April 15, 2020

Nice house-floor plan, features, etc., but just to give you a heads up; when sold the house, told it included solar panels. It was in buyer's agreement! Moved in-no solar panels. Told they changed their minds about that subdivision. Had to pay $1,500 for a lawyer to get to them to do it, which they eventually did but taking their time of course. Not cool.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Before moving in they had to replace sod in backyard due to flooding from three other neighbors yards. They laid new sod over the silt that drained into our yard. Not really fixing the issue just putting lipstick on a pig. Multiple requests about water pooling in our yard and the foundation drainage being bad. All closed with no work done. They just say there is no standing water 48hrs later. Not saying anything about the yard being a sponge like swamp for a week later at best and only if it doesn't rain again. They refuse to fix any issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: April 6, 2020

I have been in contact with many buyers over the past month that have had a temporary loss of employment with the Covid-19 shutdown. Unfortunately, lenders have not been willing to work with buyers and give them a little more time to qualify or stay qualified for their home loan. In my case, the lender was Lennar and the loan company was Eagle Home Mortgage (a Lennar company) but there are many bad actors. Many companies have a compassionate corporate message regarding coronavirus but in reality, they are keeping buyer's home deposits, making their already stressed financial situation worse.

Many people do not have the resources to hire an attorney and they know this. But I do and I have already hired an attorney and have made a demand for my earnest money to be refunded. Because of this, I don't need your help but many people do so we would all appreciate public pressure on Lennar and other builders to do the right thing.

People's homes are being completed with the interior and exterior choices of buyers who can not qualify for the loan until their company is again allowed to conduct business and rehire them. This is no fault of their own and builders and lenders should be more understanding and delay the loan process rather than keeping the deposit and moving on to the next buyer. It seems to be a business model that is taking advantage of the virus pandemic and it needs to stop now.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I purchased my home with Lennar in 2017, the process of getting approved was very smooth however when it came time to close after the home was built the headaches began. On the 1st inspection there were several issues, broken roof tiles, broken window, cracked toilet tank, a water stain from a leak on the roof of the 1st floor coming from the master bathroom to name a few. By the 2nd inspection only half of the stuff was completed but the contractor reassured me that everything was going to be done by closing time which it was on that same day in the afternoon, mind it not even the appliances were in the property yet!

After closing we moved in right away, within a couple of weeks problems started to come out but the most important a leak on the master bedroom bathroom, the water had damaged the sheetrock and it was creating mold and mildew in the area. I contacted Lennar and they sent someone to fix it, the guy said it was probably the seal on the shower door and fixed everything. Within a month I was calling again for the same problem, this time the guy said it was probably residual water from the previous problem that had cause the issue to come out again, he also said that it could have been the shower pan that wasn't either properly placed or it was too short but suggested we wait and see if this time things were resolved.

This problem came back yet again and the person who came said that after he fixed it it it was to come back we would have to break the wall to see if there was a leak problem, time after time they were just dodging the problem with easy fixes so that the next person who would come after would have to deal with it. Well this is an ongoing issue, here we are having to pay someone to come and break down walls to figure out what the problem is in order to fix it. It is outrageous for a homeowner who already has invested so much in buying, placing the trust and hard earned money in someone's hands to receive this type of cheap and not well done job. All I have to say is, thank you Lennar. Thank you so much!

Original review: March 25, 2020

I closed on my new home 02.27.20 and gone nowhere with my home repairs. My mistake was to close on my home before having everything completed but that is on me. Now I just need Lennar to step up and comply. Now with the health crisis, this will be delayed once again and is very unfair to me. This is a new home and I never expected I would have to go through this. Lennar had more than 3 weeks after I closed to correct all issues and did minimal work. My recommendation from anyone is DON'T CLOSE ON YOUR NEW HOME UNTIL YOU GET ALL REPAIRS BEFOREHAND.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Awful, awful experience. They make you think they are there for you. That’s a joke!!!!! They don’t care about you. Buy from someone else!!!! They are terrible. Wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy! That’s how bad they are.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Overall I'm generally satisfied with our Lennar built home and community. We did have problems with the AC leaking all its coolant out. But it was covered by warranty and the defective part was replaced and coolant was put back in at no charge. This review is being posted to warn you that a very innocent clause in your purchase contract could cost you big time. Here is the clause see how much you think it will cost each home owner.

5.5 Association's Option to Purchase the Club. On or after two (2) years from the Community Completion Date, Association shall have the option to purchase the Club from Club Owner (the "Purchase Option") for an amount resulting from (the "Purchase Price") the application of the capitalization rate of six percent (6%) applied to the total annual Club Membership Fees that would be payable by all Owners to Club Owner during the calendar year in which the closing occurs (assuming the Purchase Option was not exercised). The Purchase Option may be exercised by a resolution of the majority of the Board of Association, without the joinder of any Owner or any other person.

So if a community had 600 homes and and the monthly membership fee was $163.00 per home. How much is the club house going to cost the community. Stand by for a shock. Our purchase price is now around $7,700,000. or about $13,000 per home. The deception is located in the word "application". "The application of the capitalization rate of six percent (6%) applied to the total annual Club Membership Fees." Just what does the word application mean? Stupid me thought they were going to multiply the annual fee by 6% to get the purchase price. My brain never imagined that application actually stood for divide by instead and that's when you get the almost $8 million dollar figure. This price was masked by using the word application instead of divide and there was no example of how much the final purchase price could be projected to be.

Ever since the true price of the club house business purchase price was revealed for sale signs have been popping up all over the place. The current plan is to borrow the entire $7.7 million from a local bank which at current interest rates would probably take over 20 years to pay off. There is no allowance for future maintenance needs and the bank could deny or call the loan if one of the members of the HOA board had a bad credit history now or in the further. In light of the world of the covid 19 virus the capitalization rate of 6% is completely unreasonable.

Home owner Association could refuse to purchase at that price but then Lennar has the right to sell the club house to any other investors who could raise the club house fees through the roof in the future. I believe there is a first right of refusal built into the contract along with a clause if the home owners sue Lennar over the club house purchase the Home Owners Association will be responsible for all of Lennar's legal expenses. Win or lose it doesn't matter.

Currently the HOA board has done some research on the matter. I don't know what they are going to do. So as I have stated I'm pretty happy with our home and things have been fixed when things broke and we have a very nice home. But beware of club house purchase option that may be in your contract. It can cost you lots more than you think.

Lennar Homes Company Information