lennar.com

1.1/5 (76 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

From the onset, from purchase to repairs, working with Lennar has been a nightmare. This is the second new construction model home that I have purchased. I had NO major issues with the builder for the first home. These Lennar homes are expensive and I would expect top-notch workmanship, contractors, customer service, and better quality materials and appliances. The sales agents are coached to say anything that might sell a home. Even if it is not true. I discovered that other homeowners had this same issue. I was told that Lennar would "beautify" the drainage pond behind my home. Instead, construction debris collected there over a 3-year period. I had to call the city in order for Lennar to pick up their garbage.

Secondly, Lennar makes it difficult to use a lender that is not Lennar's affiliated lender. They accomplish this by requiring the homeowner to set aside funding (a holdback) to cover the cost of items not yet completed, such as driveway, sidewalk, irrigation, and landscaping if you do not use their lender. This work is 10s of thousands of dollars and impacts the amount that you are able to borrow for the home. This expense is ALWAYS covered by a builder. Then, the game playing starts with the lending estimate (fees, closing costs, taxes, etc). I ultimately chose to use their lender but also reached out to 2 other lenders for estimates. The loan officer stated that they are competitive.

I compared the estimates and told the loan officer where the variances were. I insisted that he forgive the fee charged for not escrowing and he agreed. Over the next few weeks, he continually changed the numbers for each line item controlled by the lender. Finally, he added a no escrow fee. I refused to allow the loan officer to try to confuse me and made him review the calculation for every line item with me. This included me having to reach out to their actuary to determine how some items were calculated. By the end, the loan officer was angry with me for calling him on his dishonest behavior.

I hired my own inspector to go through the home. The construction manager did push back on some items that I insisted needed to be addressed before closing. In general, he did try to accommodate my requests but it was obvious that Lennar pressures them to only agree to simple repairs. I had a large crack in my garage floor. I had a large amount of water pooling on the garage floor every time that it rained. My sump pump was going off every 5 minutes after it rained due to the pipe not extending far enough from the outside of the building. I had water pooling against my foundation due to a grading issue. In all of these cases, Lennar denied responsibility. I had to threaten to not close on the home for them to fix the garage floor crack and the water drainage issue from the sump pump. They could not resolve the garage floor water pooling issue.

After closing, CustomerCare and emergency contractor numbers are a joke. Contacts don't respond or sometimes take days to return a call. You are only given one year for authorized repairs. Because of covid, they refused to enter my home for over 3 months. Yet these same contractors were allowed to continue building. That left me with only 9 months of coverage--Lennar refused to extend the warranty. In that time, I had 3 different customer care reps. I found a lot of issues. The construction manager and care reps were not happy with me. Saving on home-building costs and lessening the time the contractors spent on the home are the top priority for Lennar. Quality, a good customer experience, and ethical building practices are not.

By the end of the warranty period, I had found over 50 repairs that were needed. Issues such as dead wiring, air leaking around outlets installed on outside walls, improper shower head pipe installation, a non-functioning outdoor faucet, improper kitchen cabinet/counter installation. Their painters had dented my dryer and damaged my stainless steel kitchen sink. My walls are uneven and poorly painted. Lennar refused to cover repairs/replacement for damaged items or fix the air leaks.

I still have issues with faulty wiring in my home. Circuit breakers trip every time I try to vacuum any room on any floor. I tested the vacuum in another homeowner's home and it was fine. I have a loud noise in my ducts on the first floor every time the furnace is running. A beeping sound goes off every day around the same time. Even after I removed the CO2 and smoke detector on the 2 floors affected, including the wires. The appliances that were installed were obviously sitting in a warehouse for a long time. When a washing machine tech performed repairs, he discovered that the washer was built in 2015 and required a lot of software updates. I moved in 2019. This is a beautiful home but I will never buy another Lennar home after my experiences.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

My house is almost 3 years old and the wood beams on front porch are cracked, and of such bad quality wood that probably was never dried properly that the edges of the beams have 6 in pieces that look like parts have come off. The paint used was of such poor quality that in 3 years it all needs to be painted, caulked and filled - horrible workmanship. The roof support beam was total cracked that they did come out and add side supports to the beam. The molding is uneven and once again has large strip of wood cracked off of edge. Guest bathroom molding behind toilet was never even painted. The support under the doors to outside were never nailed in and continue to fall out. Their customer service is HORRIBLE - 5 calls to finally get someone to answer who just said SORRY. Have talked to several other people in the same area and they all say the same thing about the quality and workmanship. Use any other builder.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I had a horrible experience with Lennar Homes. The specific community was Avalon in SpringHill, FL. To start, Suzette ** is unprofessional, accuses you of things you never did or said and harasses you by calling my cell back to back just to “secure” the house. I left a down payment of 12k and I have yet to get it back. I’m sure they’re just sitting comfortably in their houses because they still have paying jobs, but I want to let them know how despicable they are.

The head boss of them NEVER responds to emails. We were promised a house and made up excuses afterwards stating I didn’t have enough money when that was far from the truth. They stole my 12k and refuse to refund. Not a word from ANYONE. I called the main office and I don’t remember the girl’s name but it was during the hurricane. She wanted me to pity them during that time, yet I received ZERO empathy for over 6 months and NO HOUSE and NO DEPOSIT BACK even though I hasn’t even closed yet because they kept lying about the loan! Stay away from them because you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor. They’re money hungry and only care about that.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

They keep denying the loan so they can keep your deposit. They help before the deposit then do nothing to help after the deposit. They take advantage of people and must be stopped. They should be fined and forced to return all deposits on loans they keep denying.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Bought our first home in USA in Nov 2018. Even 4 years in not completed fully but there is a leak in master bedroom and attic. When reached Lennar they simply denied saying it is due to hurricane and cannot be covered. Being first hometime buyer, it is very shocking for us and no idea how to ask them it is part of builder's responsibility.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

In preparing for Hurricane Ian, we prepare to install our hurricane shutters. We realized that we never received the hardware for the shutters with our new home purchase. Reached out to Lennar and was advised "we are closing this case, because the warranty period has expired". We purchased new home 3 years ago. How is not being issued critical hurricane shutter hardware subject to a warranty period? Billion dollar company won't take the time to send critical hardware that would cost less than 50 bucks to protect a homeowner. Would advise all new home buyers to find another builder. Profit over service is Lennar's motto.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

At the end of April, I was told that if I gave Lennar 14700 as a downpayment on a 383K Villa that I would not need to bring any additional money to closing. They said I would qualify for FHA. They said they would give me 15K to cover closing. I sign the contract. My real estate agent asked for the worksheet that has all the figures. The finance person did a terrible job because she was more worried about her upcoming vacation than a customer. I received the worksheet approximately 30 days after signing. The worksheet said a very different amount than I was told. It said I needed to bring 85K to closing. I immediately asked to cancel the contract.

The contract was sent to me to cancel but the manager put in a sneaky clause saying Lennar would keep my 14700 for one year in case I found a house in the subdivision. I asked by email 5 times for it to be removed. The manager never responded and kept sending me the same contract with sneaky clause. He wasted 30 days. The finance person and manager just wasted 60 days of holding my money. Finally, the contract was correct on July 25. I was told by the salesperson that I would have my refund in 30-45 days. In that time, I moved a child to University of Minnesota and had to move myself because my apartment rent was going up from 2200 to 3400.

I gave Lennar my new address through email. The moves were so costly. On day 45 I called and they said 12 more days. So now we are at 57 days with no refund. I called on day 57 and they sent my refund to the wrong address. My question to the finance person was: "You asked for my money via ACH yet you want to mail my large check by mail. Why can't you ACH it?" Her answer was that she gets asked that all the time. Hey CEO, you got a problem when a question is asked multiple times.

Today I was just told another 9 days. What is Lennar doing with my money? Why can't they ACH it to me? I would have bought a house in a few years from them but not now. They are THIEVES! They have no urgency and maybe they think 14700 isn't a lot. Here is the consequences: because I spent a lot to move funds were low. I can't make payroll, I can't pay my daughter's rent, I can't buy food or gas. Lennar: your lack of urgency has wreaked havoc on my life.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I waited for a year to see what they will do and to this date. Nothing. I could not afford the house that I wanted to buy. At the last minute something affected my credit and dropped my credit rating and increased my interest rates. They tried to approve me but it was at a higher rate. The lender I had originally gone with could not get me on a lower interest rate. I could not afford it. They sold the house immediately after I pulled away and simply refused to return my earnest money. And they sold the house for a lot more. They did not lose a dime. But now I’m back shopping for a house. I will never ever consider them. Ever.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

People at this company is very hard to contact. Corporate, managers, consultants. Unless they want you to sign something or need money from you. Never again…. I been trying to cancel my purchase agreement for over a week and nothing.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

HOME BUYERS BEWARE!!!! Do not ever buy a Lennar home. My wife and I bought our 1st home and have had nothing but issues with it. We have been in it for just over a year. They may look nice but Lennar hires outside trades that do shotty work and are masters of hiding **. Lennar has been shown all the issues with my home and I have been very vocal about the quality of work. Things were found before 1 year and after trying to settle in the house and do some personal touches to make it our home, is when more of the shotty workmanship was discovered. See pictures attached (only able to post 20 pics).

Homeowners buy a home with confidence that the home is built correctly. When time comes for you to add personal touches, you're expecting measurements are correct and things installed correctly. I've had walls repaired and trade textured a wall in my bathroom put paint and no primer so paint came off in sheets, caulking around sinks came off when cleaning sink with a sponge, windows frames were not straight and 1 window was half inch higher than the other 2 windows, floor molding not cut straight and going from 3 1/2" to 2 "1/2 in height and still installed, caulking in shower lifting, a/c unit was sealed incorrectly, tons of drywall defects, plumbing issues, doors sticking, front door had massive gap and had to install a security plate so the deadbolt had something to grab, foundation was not level causing pockets in the Vinyl flooring, entire upstairs creaked wherever you walk, massive gap in front door even with door seal in place.

You could see light from inside the house at night with the door locked. Window sills not level and sloped, missing screws in light switch plates, drywall over cut on outlets and cover still installed, door frame to garage not flush against wall and pushed out, kitchen granite back splash not flush against wall, caulking just smeared everywhere, etc etc. The list goes on.

Whatever you do, if you have to buy a Lennar home, if you don't know what to look for, spend the money to have the home inspected before you move in. It really sucks having trades in and out of your home when things should have been done right the 1st time. If you need an inspection, message me and I'll gladly help or hire anyone. Just don't get taken advantage of. It is my opinion Lennar hopes that people don't find the issues. In all fairness, they have come and repaired things but doesn't always get done right.

Do not let Lennar make you think or feel you're a picky homeowner. You are buying a home and it needs to be built right. I had issues with Director of Customer Care Inland Division, Jeffery **. Piss poor customer service and makes you feel like and says your a picky homeowner. I am not naive to the fact there will be little things here and there and not expecting perfection. 1/8" or 1/16" is picky, 1/2" or more and all the issues in the pictures is not picky.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Normally how the building process works, the traders go and do their job and the builder come after them and verifies everything done correctly, well not these guys, they’d actually let the homeowner catch all the flaws, everything that slips through the crack save them time on money. It’s like they care more about their traders than their the homeowners. We bought a house from them, and nothing was done right, to make matters worse, they fought us Over fixing anything, their favorite sentence was “it’s up to business standard”. We’re not even that picky people but we could see still see the crappy job all over, gap on the floorings, curved walls, electric wall plates were hand cut to make them fit, Call Ma crooked baseboards, gigantic dips in the concrete. I was ready to walk away the day of closing to teach them a lesson but the wife didn’t listen.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I bought this house new. Since day one problems started. I don’t understand how this house passed the inspection. I had AC problems like to the point that I was 3 weeks without AC unit working and living in 100 degrees heat until they had to completely fix the unit. I had piping problems with garage flooded, cracked and unfinished and I was told that the garage is not their responsibility. I had my dishwasher falling out of the island because bad installed. They told me it’s dishwasher manufacturer responsibility to fix my falling out dishwasher from the counter.

I had rug in the closet wet and walk had to be replaced due to AC unit bad installing it and the pipes were going in the ground instead to go into the water better from the washing machine. Not replaces because maybe my cat flooded the carpet and the wall with pee, I just moved on the house so… The other day I had pipes in the ceiling in the kitchen leaking in the counter in the kitchen the wall looks wet and muddy… At this point I got a home inspector and a lawyer to evaluate the situation and go to court with this… If you can do not buy or rent here. Just run as fast as you can… I wish I could post pictures…

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Bought a new home in Veranda Preserve in Port St Lucie. I’ve been here 10 months now, still a disaster. Once they get your money, they don’t care. Customer care is a joke, they hire people who have little or no experience, just like their construction crews. I’ve seen kids working on construction sites. The construction managers are either senile or young kids. Either way, total incompetence. Fair warning. If you buy, buy from an existing homeowner as they have already gone through hell.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

My husband and I are first time homebuyers and the experience has not been the best! It’s been a year now since we’ve purchased our Lennar home and it’s time for drywall maintenance repairs I reached out to my assigned agent for Springbank and he is the worse!! Unprofessional, unresponsive and the service rendered is totally unacceptable! The painters came to redo the drywall, cracks, nail pops etc and the work they did was NOT right at all!! I called my rep same day to inform him that I could still see the cracks and mail pops that were supposedly fixed. I called same day, no response, waited two days, no response. It’s been a week now. He was supposed to call!! You guessed right, no response.

If I could give the house back I would and go with a different builder altogether. I ignored the reviews and here I am now writing one! My advice if you have NOT entered a contract don’t!! When it’s time to get things done they (Lennar) does NOT want to honor anything or do anything right he even tried to fix it in which I respectfully declined a 322,000 home. I don’t want half ass or fake fix it men. I want it done right!! I’m extremely upset. Don’t make the same mistake I made

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Homes built with bad quality. The company lies about length of warranty. Beware. Read ALL fine print! Do not buy. They will scam you. How has tons of rules. Hoa fees constantly get raised every couple months.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Very frustrated with Lennar new home warranty. Got push-back on two issues: outside AC unit is not leveled and is generating noise (within a year from building completion); lose ground outside. Was told that ANYTHING outside home is NOT under new home warranty. The CRM is not willing to help and very defensive. Terrible service!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

The closing takes too many days, after moving the HOA has a lot of restrictions, they signed with a towing company to remove cars for areas with construction, no clubhouse yet. No guest parking available, don’t buy here!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Our house was built in 2019. We moved in the month of November. We were never contacted for the agreed upon year walkthrough. I finally heard back from someone in the summer of 2020 after submitting many claims. In the meanwhile, my husband received dozens of automatic emails from one service manager wanting him to sign off that the punch list work was complete. We have been through three service managers. We have been told that Covid delayed everything. The recent, a woman, has thankfully addressed all but one item almost three years after we moved in. Our front door was installed incorrectly. It was not flashed properly and has allowed rain to seep in on the hinge side. It is badly warped. Our casing and flooring is now rotting. The sheet rock contractor sent to address the nail pops and cracks, also looked at our front door. He put some calk around the threshold, agreed it was installed incorrectly and shrugged his shoulders. This is absolutely unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Please please do not spend one second even considering a Lennar home! I am in knots about my client purchasing this home and the experience has been terrible from the start. First, they tried to go behind my back regarding commissions. I was able to escalate this to get it amended. They don't install roofs correctly, I was told by an engineer and roofing contractor that these are the worst shingles there are and they are clearly concerned with just building the next home. There are shingles lifting, and a wavy texture on the roof.

The construction manager, who I've met for literally 5 seconds, said that "all of the roofs are like this". I guess that means it's right? Insanity. I have great experience with all types of homes, and this roofing texture and inconsistency is something you would see on an older home (typically I see them in 80-100 year old bungalows) and it has to do with the rafters in the attic. But this is supposed to be a brand new home? I have raised concerns to every power I can and it's like every person in this company is under a spell, or they just don't care because they are making so much money and banging out so many properties for sale at once. It is really appalling and one day they will have legal issues.

It gets better though :)... for the new home orientation (NHO), everything we pointed out was NOT addressed once we came for the final walk-through. Cracked tiles, AC not functioning properly, roofing issues still there, sloping floor, cracks in walls, paint spilled all over doors and baseboards, weatherstripping completely cut in half, NONE of the appliances work. When I escalated these issues to a higher power because our consultant ignores me, he said that they don't have time to fix any cosmetics and none of these items are "big" issues. Why would there be any issues on a brand new home?? HUH??? Oh, and this is a $409,990 house....

They told us closing must still occur and the items will be addressed after closing, but I have to say I am super concerned for my client given the previous reviews. Seems like they just tell you this and end up not doing anything. And once you close, there really are no grounds anymore just FYI to all buyers. I will NEVER support a company that is this unethical. I don't care if they're paying 12%. Money means nothing to me over being a good human and looking out for my clients that TRUST me. They will eventually get to a point where they are desperate and their little scam of an empire will either be shut down because of so many complaints/legal action, or because too many people get word of how they operate and the type of product they provide. I have never worked with Lennar, and I previously considered them a top builder or more well-known... I would have never let my client move forward and I would've done a little more due diligence before, but never expected this to come from a builder with a big name like this. I have more to say but I'll leave it at that. LESSON LEARNED!!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Leaky roof, temporary fix with continued issues. My home here in Georgia was built in 2019. So far, I need roofing repair, window sealants, cracked brick, sheetrock repair, my kitchen faucet has been replaced, dishwasher needs replacing, electrician bills because Lennar added too many electrical items on 1 breaker & that had to be restructured, outdoor paint peeling, sinking floors due to uneven foundation. Hey, I don’t care how desperate you are to buy home, buy it with another company unless you plan to sleep at your construction site & monitor everything at all times or deal with a heap of issues. It’s not worth the headache.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

In San Antonio (Potranco Run subdivision). I purchased in the last phase section. Everyone that I know that purchased in this phase was told that the vacant land at the main intersection (Sebastian Farms and Maskette) would be common area that would be landscaped like a park. Lennar left the subdivision leaving that vacant lot with no landscaping. It is nothing but weeds and rocks. In a gated community with homes over $350,000 you would expect better common areas.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

We purchased our newly constructed home in Nov. 2019. Recently, we noticed misaligned, warped lumber used for facia. Filed a request for correcting this, the representative said, it is not covered by the warranty. Fix it yourself! Awful. A builder that claimed to build us quality homes and promised outstanding customer service, does such a terrible job, have lumbers separate at joints in 2 years and indicate they are not responsible. Buyers be aware!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

This was the absolute WORST decision we ever made. Our home was supposed to be done in April 2022- We are now in August, and they continued to delay with a new problem each week. They set a hard closing date of July 29, 2022, but then we learned the house didn’t have a gas meter so once again, delayed. During these months of delays, the interest rates kept rising, causing our estimated mortgage payment to increase by nearly $1000. My husband is a long time AC tech in the valley with 25+ years of experience. When we did the walk through, we noticed the AC unit was too small for the sq footage- the construction manager informed us they do this for all the homes. After reading reviews, we believe him! Your unit will run constantly just to try and keep up and your electric bill will be outrageous. Seems many people are having the same issue.

The lumber warped before move in which is another reason closing was delayed. They had to cut the drywall on every single door/closet frame and straighten out the crooked lumber. For half a million dollars- this is most definitely not worth it. They refused to work with us and refund our earnest money after all the issues that were caused by their team! Shirley ** is extremely rude, unprofessional, and very unhelpful. There must be some recourse for all the new homers that got stuck with homes that have nothing but problems. AC units that were deliberately installed, knowing they are too small for the home! This is absolutely unacceptable!!

Original review: July 30, 2022

Lennar Homes are not worth the money. Poorly built, plumbing not up to code, electrical issues throughout and doors not installed correctly. Added to which the community in Kissimmee, Florida was not built with family in mind. There are no parking spaces for visitors anywhere at all and the amenities are very shoddy.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Bill the general contractor in Mc Henry Il. Very unhelpful. Unwilling to assist with problem. Demeaning. Talking down to me as if I were a child. Very very poor service. Just stupidity on my part for dealing with someone treating me like I am 2 yrs old. Would not recommend Lennar Homes as the appliance very very cheap and loud. Bad choice on my part. Very poor quality. Please do your research.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I’m not going to go in to detail as it would be too lengthy. The home we built with Lennar was our third house built & the experience was far & away the absolute worst. Quality of the finish work, lengthy time to correct simple issues and even mishandling and then lying about permits such as Property Improvement Permit. But, for me personally, the thing that convinces me to never, ever build a Lennar home again is their absolute inability, or unwillingness, to offer an apology for any inconvenience whatsoever. In fact, at times some Lennar employees have been downright indignant.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Only two months after moving in a Lennar home, I would have to say that my experience has been nothing but stressful and atrocious. No one in customer service and the construction team does their job and countless appointments and promises have been missed or broken. 3 weeks after moving in, a poorly-installed drain pipe on my washing machine burst, causing water to leak throughout the first and second floors. It was a nightmare; I had to live in a hotel for five days while the fans dried the walls and ceilings, the base boards and flooring had to be ripped out, and the entire first floor ceiling had to be ripped out. I was supposed to be reimbursed for all the meals that had to be ordered for five weeks - the worker has yet to respond after countless emails - and the work has yet to be completed on the damage done almost 9 weeks later - every day I call and text the rep and no one shows up when they promised.

We even showed up at their office trailer to confront the worker and they promise they are working on it, promise more appointments that no one shows up at. The missed opportunities and lack of communication on their part is horrible. They should not be allowed to do this to us, after we spent a good part of our hard earned money and savings to purchase a home, when this experience has been nothing but stressful and thoroughly frustrating. Not to mention the construction is poor and the craftsmanship is mediocre at best; I am sure more problems will arise in the near future. Reading through many reviews others have said similar things. I hope people looking to buy a home will reconsider when looking at Lennar homes, because they will surely regret it.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Don’t buy a Lennar home. They spec a home to a bare minimum meaning your AC unit is running all day just to try to keep up and your electric bill is outrageous.

I’ll happily send photos of Lennar’s handy work to anyone looking to buy a Lennar home. Don’t be fooled by the cold model with great AC. That won’t be your home temperature-wise or looks-wise.

Your home will leak, the roof line will fall apart within 30 days, you’ll have razor blades, rusted flag poles and trash left in your sod for your child to find. You’ll have a high electric bill due to a lack of efficiency and on top of all of that, you’ll be told “Lennar specs to the bare minimum.” By customer service. Oh and when they send someone to repair their mistakes, the contractor will need to borrow your tools because he won’t have any. STAY AWAY FROM LENNAR HOMES.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Beware. The price quoted is nowhere near the actual price. Work with your own agent (Lennar won't share commission) but you need someone on your side, even experienced buyers. Beware, beware, beware. Walk away if you need to. They are only interested in maximizing their profits, at your expense. This is not a good company. This is just my opinion, I never give reviews online, but this is unacceptable in my opinion. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Not even 1 month into owning the home, there has been nothing but issues. Between the A/C breaking, missing sensors, broken outlets, marks on the wall, poorly done landscaping..etc. Huge mistake. We call almost every day for fixes and it shouldn't be that way. Not mention, expect to be on the phone for 2 hours every time for anything. Truly low quality service at an insane high rate. Huge, mistake.

Lennar Homes Company Information