Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

287 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

Do your homework before buying a home from Lennar, I didn’t and fell right into their smoke and mirrors trap. This company has no integrity and it is next to impossible to get them to respond in a timely matter to any issues you may have and you will have issue, guaranteed. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Lennar!

Original review: July 20, 2019

Purchased Brand new built home in January 2019. Upon final inspection on day of closing a whole list was made up of things needing to be corrected or fixed. As of today only 1/4 of the list has been done, Reached out to the General manager (Maintenance) per via email inquiring about when everything else will be done. What do I get. I need to input work requests for everything I need done. WHAT!! Does he not have the list anymore. Did I get lost after the 1st month? If this was not our Forever Home, I would have put the house up for sale and move already. As it is I am inputting ticket after ticket, just to have the system they use close them out without being worked. So frustrated..

Original review: July 20, 2019

Tuskawilla Crossings in Winter Springs, terrible construction, cheap materials, poor workmanship, workers bringing their small kids to run around job site. Workers pee in a tub. Rotten moldy food in the walls. Air ducts squished into small holes, cracking stucco, cracks in slab, incomplete insulation. Nails in roof, wrong sized doors, I could go on and on.... all of this before the house closes. Stay away!

Original review: July 16, 2019

We are currently building with Village Builders. They have completed the framework on the house. The roof is not on and the sidings not complete, however they have installed 2 bathtubs in the house that have become nasty with dirt, rain water, etc. The builder says this is normal and will be cleaned!!! Anyone have similar experience? Was thinking any interior item would be installed once roof and sidings completed...

Original review: July 12, 2019

We have had an awful experience with our home buying experience. However it was with CalAtlantic before Lennar bought them. Their title company screwed up the legal description on our deed and so we don’t legally own our home. CalAtlantic Title has been giving us the runaround and won’t sign our house over to us. Big mess! I would avoid CalAtlantic at all cost!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: July 12, 2019

Do not trust anything this builder says. Do not close escrow until everything is completed. A year later I still have 8 five foot pieces of rebar sticking out of my incomplete wall and they REFUSE to come fix it. They promised they would fix prior to escrow closing — lies! Total hazard and absolutely ugly. No one in upper management will return calls or help.

Original review: July 7, 2019

My advice - look elsewhere, never again with a Lennar home. Over 80 items on the punch list since March 1st, 2019 and still have many to go. Just found a defect under one of the window sills whereby the there is 1/4" gap the entire length of the window sill. How anyone thought this was ok, it is beyond any comprehension. Eric has been doing his best to have items corrected, but it all starts with construction and the construction manager, which is the root of all problems.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I had a house built in the Central Florida area using CalAltantic homes which was purchased close to the start of my construction process. To start, the construction took 11 1/2 months to complete (the industry average is 6 months). Since moving in, I've had a litany of issues, most recently with an internal power line failing which requires the drywall be knocked out to fix. The warranty department goes out of its way to avoid fixing anything. How this company is allowed to remain in business is mind-boggling. Do yourself a favor, and use a different builder.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I live in a brand new townhome and my 2nd floor has a dip in it just like my neighbors. I was told that the wood would expand and contract, but wood moving shouldn't make my floor dip. The customer service is hit or miss and they are quick to close a ticket out for you without giving you time to respond. I had pipes that were cracked that I didn’t notice until I used them like the master bedroom tube that caused water to come from the top floor into my dining area. There is horrible patch work, uneven walls, floors and almost a year later I have nail pops all over the place. I can’t wait to retire so that I can move out this home. I would never purchase a Lennar home again, even in a different state.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Closed on a new build Lennar home 02/28/17 in Sendera Ranch in North Fort Worth. Current issue is a leaking toilet. Since I'm past my warranty I had to file a homeowners claim with my insurance. This leak was in a guest bathroom that was not used often until my mother-in-law moved in. Had to hire a plumber to investigate the cause of the leak and had to report findings to the insurance company for claim approval. The investigation found that the flange was not bolted down and the wax ring was not the correct size. It was so apparent to the contractor that installed the flange that he used at least 1/2 tube of white caulking to fill in the gaps at the flange that caused the leak.

There is absolutely NO reason why you would need to use caulk on the flange when installing a toilet. This was classified as a CAT3 leak (Black Water) and leaked under the tile into the vanity, in the wall, into the carpet in the next room. Countless items have to be replaced. Because of this I'm out $1200 for my deductible and whatever my premiums will be when my insurance goes up for filing a claim. I've had other issues with this house and it all circles around craftsmanship. Never ever again will I own another Lennar home. We already planning our escape.

Lennar Homes Company Information