Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

These people are inconsiderate and unprofessional. I bought a house more than a month ago and they have not given me the controls, keys, they have not repaired the inefficiencies that were found in the final walk, they have not connected the internet to me in a community that includes it, in short, they are a disaster. If you have the opportunity DO NOT BUY WITH LENNAR, I will never do it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I wish I had seen this web page before we bought in. A lot of our experience is echoed here. Salesman turned out to be dishonest about our purchase options. Promised customer representative didn't show for walk through. No Lennar representative at settlement to respond to issues. Customer service person assigned to remedy punch list was hamstrung by management. Drywall job was terrible and Lennar refused to have lumpy ceilings fixed. Sitting now 2 weeks since heat pump died with no promises on when the new parts will be installed. Don't buy Lennar.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

While living in NY/NJ, we had known of Lennar repute (or lack of) for decades. It unfortunate that we had to be a victim of Lennar’s deceitful, dishonest sales practices, unprofessional client dealings and unethical ways of conducting business – especially mentioning, John Brockman. We learned it the hard way by losing 35K of earnest monies - and not hiring a legal counsel before signing a contract - MAINLY because we were told by Lennar salespeople that almost no-one in Florida hires legal counsel while working with Lennar and its contracts. The misleading was from the very beginning - and we are being punished by not paying attention to all of warning signs.

We live in a community that is predominantly Lennar (Union Park, Wesley Chapel, FL), and there is not a single homeowner that is satisfied with Lennar (construction, quality or otherwise). Lennar has everything to learn from, pretty much, all of other builders around you. As we evaluate our legal options, I will be sure to let your unfortunate future home buyers know of your dishonest salespeople and process along with your lack of meeting customer expectations. Glad to share our attorney communications with anyone seeking to discover the real face of Lennar sales practices. We remain never, now or in the future, to be Lennar customer.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

First walk through the house I was 2 steps in the door and the carpet stood out like a sore thumb. I was still 25 feet away from the carpet... It was 2 totally different colors. They said they could have it checked and came back over a week later saying The carpet installers say it was fine.. At this point I am speaking with the construction manager and I said; "What do you mean it is fine? It is not fine and it needs to be replaced or repaired." He said they would have to check with higher management but it would delay our move-in date... "That is out of the question since I have movers scheduled, cable installers, and I was not going to have a house left to live in."

I got a little chuckle from him and an "oh well". Of course that sent me over the wall and I needed to move in on time. My response from him again was to say that I could not even move in even if I agreed to suffer the bad carpet install. "You can't have the house since you won't be happy with it". OMG. I then needed to speak with his manager and it took 2 days for him to get back and say they would replace the carpet. Now the Construction Manager takes over again. The carpet is in LA, 5 days before move in, shipped to their warehouse in San Francisco, 2 days before move in, Missed the truck 1 day before move in and allegedly it arrived the day of the move-in. That morning when they had a window to install before the arrival of the moving trucks they said they could not install until after 5pm.

Again I had to make a last minute call to the regional manager that said we could move in without the carpet repair. We did move in and then complained again about the carpet and had to escalate it to the carpet manufacturer... They agreed to replace it but it took me 7 months of grief and frustration. When you pay over $600K for a home I expect better service.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I purchased a new home from Lennar in Ft Pierce FL. The sale staff mislead me on several items. The customer service representative made me and my

family feel like we did not know anything. The very long punch list of items needing repair on the walk though has not been completed 2 months after the closing date.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

We purchased a brand new home from Lennar in November 2018, it was supposed to be a move in ready with minor finishing touches needing to be completed. Initially we had electrical issues and for the first few weeks half of the house had faulty electrics. We could not even turn lights on in our kids rooms and had to run extension leads into rooms to have lights. Every time we plugged in our vacuum cleaner it would trip the breaker. This was reported and trusting Lennar it eventually in our minds got resolved.

We had a few roof leaks, our smart home never worked right, pool pump ground was disconnected after pool pump broke in the first month, our AC was not working correctly ducting was kinked, stove tripped breakers, front door smart lock didn't work well, we have mold in the roof. Over time we found that the garage door/seal leaked and we had the pavers moved and garage door inspected and the paver guy blamed the garage door and the garage door guys blamed the pavers. This went on for about a 6 months and is still not fixed correctly.

We had totally lost confidence in Lennar's warranty and workmanship so we decided to get a home inspection and report form a home inspector. Well that highlighted the fact that the work was not only below standards but actually dangerous. The electrical company that Lennar used to fix the faults actually disconnected the ground to a few breakers. That is definitely not to code and downright dangerous. Our year warranty came and went, Lennar do not respond to any emails and claims for warranty and actually put the electrics back to the faulty state so we cannot even use a vacuum cleaner! We have the report of the faults and are now being ignored and think for a company this size they are definitely not honoring their warranty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We had purchased a lennar built new home, there are lots around our house where Lennar is building new homes. The problem caused by one of the Lennar's new home construction manager, they have graded the soil so high that it kind of piles soil/dirt against my wooden fence. The new home construction manager is not aware of the standards that the grading should be below the fence level. I contacted new home construction manager, she made false promises and never responded to my email requests. The warranty service department is not responding either by throwing the ball into the new construction department. I would say the Lennar doesn't respect the properties around when they are building, so my next home is not going to be a lennar built.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Don't complain about anything with your Lennar home. My family and I have been living in our Lennar home only a year now and have experienced many issues which we made some complaints - not all. After several complaints about the home, requesting repairs for certain issues - We believe the thermostat and other apparatus can be controlled remotely, so don't piss off Lennar.

Another complaint - Our thermostat was not working properly upstairs. I complained to the representative about our AC not working properly, that we turned on the thermostat upstairs to cool. Normally, it would come on right away, but the air did not come on for hours in the night. The next evening, it did not come on at all. At times there is noise in the walls like a buzzing sound, there is dust coming out of the vents or from somewhere in the house. Some of the cabinets have patchy paint on it and some have swelled.

The promise of hot water coming on right away is not true as was bragged about - instant heat. Two cannot take baths at the same time or the pressure will run low in one bathroom and someone will have a cold shower. We found a crack on our tub and the subcontractor did not patch it correctly. Had to come back to fix it and there was a new scratch he tried to hide, but a little wipe and it was very apparent.

We had to put our treadmill away since the outlets could not handle the treadmill with the TV on at the same time. We cannot have TV and fireplace going at the same time for too long. I inquired to increase the voltage, but was told they could not do anything about it, that it was per new CA code. One of the laminate wood was uneven under the carpet which got somewhat fixed and we have to be careful going up the stairs or we could get poked by nails underneath. There are creeks on some parts of the floor. We rather not ask for help or there may be more problems after supposedly being fixed.

We believe you can be remotely watched and/or heard in your home if they choose and can control other apparatus in the home, so don't complain or your house will be - the center of attraction - or you could be the problem child - for unwanted attention. Have the problems fixed by someone outside Lennar. Have a complete home inspection done by someone who knows and understands how smart homes work - ensure they are CA licensed. Check for hidden cameras, wiring, smart home setup and ensure no one else can control the apparatus in the home remotely.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I was never told about the wireless switches for my home into about. My final walk into closing. That I have wireless switches. I still didn’t understand about what they meant about wireless switches into I replaced the battery on one of them. It's not even on my contact. I been having problems with these switches. You can’t even buy them at Lowe’s or Home Depot. It’s going to be a problem when the warranty runs out. I had 5 work orders done for my garbage disposal switch already. The batteries are expensive.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We were lied to by the sales agent, ignored, never contacted, no follow up and left completely ignored. We applied for the approval through their mortgage company Eagle and the same thing. Ignored, no contact, no follow up and no service. We are buyers, check in hand, but this company has the worst customer service we have ever experienced. Buyer beware of this company.

Lennar Homes Company Information