lennar.com

1.2/5 (54 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: May 16, 2022

PLEASE NOTE THE RATING IS ZERO STARS but I had to put a rating. I am a ** women who has been taken advantage of by Lennar Homes. I am writing to this review to express my displeasure with Lennar Homes with a house at North Lake Drive, Little Elm, TX. I have been looking for a home for over 3 years. In October 2021, my broker and I visited Lennar Homes in Northlake Estates and was shown multiple homes that I did not like and would not have purchased. However, I was shown the model home which I really like and agreed to purchase even though the cost was a little over my budget and the area was a lot further that I would have chosen to live. The house would be my home that I can get home to after a long day of work and enjoy. I liked the uniqueness of the home; it was different from all the other homes that we were shown. I particularly liked the slopes in the walls connecting to the ceiling.

As a result, Lennar Homes in Northlake Estates and I entered an agreement for them to build a house like the model home. I understood there would be minor changes such as the tiles in the kitchen and the countertops were going to be a different color. In addition, I was told they no longer provided the chandelier in the dining area. I have heard of stories where builders put in the wrong counter tops / carpet / paint color / etc., but to my surprise and disappointment this is a mistake of building the wrong home. The house that is built at North Lake Drive, Little Elm, TX is a completely different house. In fact, the house that was built is one of the homes that was originally shown to me that I did not like and did not agree to purchase. M.O also known as H.R.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I started my first home buying process by going to Lennar for a pre-construction home. After running the credit and prequalifying me, the numbers changed radically, the price was no longer the same, the incentives were lost and according to the seller, the first numbers he gave me were an error, that they were impossible. I do not recommend this company to any buyer, not at all reliable.

Original review: May 9, 2022

The entire purchasing experience has been a nightmare! Over 30 items from walk thru prior to closing never completed. Floors bounce in the house, trim installed over rocks, missing trim, had to contact division VP to even get a response. Look for another builder!

Original review: May 6, 2022

I wouldn’t trust them as far as I can throw. I have proof that they do fraudulent business and they defraud mostly elderly people. I have no problem posting the purchase order that was forged and Lennar knew and all they wanted was a sale. ALI ** from Charles Rutenberg Realty was in on it as well as JEFFEREY ** from LENNAR. Do not trust this company! According to Ali only she can sell Lennar property. WHICH IS ILLEGAL! I just wanna get that out there. I have an email from her in which she states that. Now that this has all come to light… I also plan on reporting every single person involved in this sale to the Realtor board, attorney general etc. I need consumers ESPECIALLY elderly consumers.. DO NOT trust this company and do not trust Charles Rutenberg realty.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Went in to a Lennar Community looking for myself and a client. Was told that they no longer pay commissions to agents. Now, the houses are sold based on a pull out of the hat process. I was given no price sheet or nothing. Just told the models were open. As a former US Home, home owner and an agent that brought many clients to this company, not anymore. Poor customer service!

Original review: April 18, 2022

I'm a fair, neutral, very understanding person when it comes to interacting with people. I will leave positive comments far easier than negative ones and things have to be very bad to leave a negative one. Lennar fits that profile. I have purchased multiple homes in the past few years from diff. builders. Not even a single problem until I started looking at Lennar homes. The main issue w/ Lennar is new sales people speak to customers as though they're dogs. The crazy home market has allowed new sales consultants to act highly entitled and provide the lowest level of respect and courtesy without actually having a physical altercation. I've encountered sales agents from multiple location speak very disrespectfully about even having the "opportunity" and be graced with their presence to purchase a Lennar home. The sales consultants are highly condescending and even after being a highly qualified well approved buyer it didn't matter.

Their mortgage department is just as bad right out of the gate. Very short, curt, and condescending. I honestly think they think people are dogs and should just lay down at how unbelievable disrespectfully and rude they are to customers just to be able to buy a home. The market has turned sales consultants at Lennar into baby Kings and customer into peons. As long as I'm on this Earth I'll never purchase a Lennar product or do business with those people. It's disgusting people are treated and talked to like this anywhere let along purchasing a home.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I am retired widow and since I live alone, I bought a new home because I didn't want to be worried about repairs. I have been in this house 11 months and I have had repairmen out here 4 times already and at this moment, my A/C has been down for a week and there is a separation and chip in the flooring in the living room. Very shoddy workmanship. My home is under warranty until the end of the month. I don't know what I'm going to do after that. I feel stuck. I didn't want to be in a situation like this at 72 yrs old. I could write a voluminous description of all my woes with this house, but I hope this brief summary will keep someone else for ending up disheartened and disappointed.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I thought buying a car was an awful experience, but Lennar’s disingenuous and incompetent sales staff and finance folks were able to show me just how truly miserable buying a new home could be. Awful. This company is like one of those shady used car lots where the greasy sales staff winds back the odometer on all the vehicles on the lot. The homes are garbage and if you use their financing they will back door in as many fees and extra charges to nickel and dime you to death. If you enjoy dealing with slimy sales folks, finance folks who can’t give you a straight answer, and just enjoy the experience of buying an overpriced used car, then Lennar is the perfect developer for you. I can’t wait to watch the class action lawsuits roll in against this company because they deserve it.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I called an agent named Diana in the Tampa region to ask her some questions about my client. She told me they did not have an agent and that it was her off day and hung up. Simple as that. No, I'll look into it. No who are you? Just it was her off day and hung up.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Unfortunately, during the walkthrough we missed some things that were not that obvious at first.  On move-in day and soon after, we noticed a few issues, and reached out to their construction manager and customer care rep. We noticed that our home was not move-in ready. It was filthy (the maid they sent a week later said she "couldn't believe they gave us the house this way.")  I pretty much mopped, swept, vacuumed, and wiped down counters on day one.  Sad. This should have been a very joyful happy occasion for us, instead I spent all day cleaning.

But worse than this, just to name a few.. bedroom closet door was broken (after a few weeks of multiple emails I finally just gave up and fixed it myself.) Front door lock damaged and sloppy paint all over it, (they finally replaced this about a month later)Front door ring sensor missing - (still missing to this day). The outdoor gas fireplace switch is rusted and in poor condition (it's 4 months later, not sure they will ever replace it)master bathroom shower did not drain..  (they finally fixed it 4 months later)holes in garage floor - not sure if they will ever fix this.

Some floor baseboards have gaps - I am guessing they will never fix this, so I have given up on this, just hope we don't have an insect problem in the future or other problems. Window in living room does not open properly - never fixed Our kitchen backsplash looked very sloppy. We ended up hiring our own private contractor to come replace it. Our wood floors have white paint (from the painters spraying the walls) splattered all over as seen in photos. Very sloppy paintwork all around. Looks like they didn't even bother to protect the wood floors when spray painting. Very sloppy paint job on the stair railing as seen in photos. I guess we will have to hire a painter ourselves to come fix this.

At first they slowly responded and seemed willing to help correct some of these issues, but it would take weeks and even months to get some of these things fixed.  BUT like I said some things I am still waiting 4 months later. It's just really sad. Today as I write this review, it's been weeks since they have responded to my last email. It's pretty obvious they just don't care about their customers or the quality of their homes. It's become apparent that they are in the business of cutting corners and not in the business of producing quality.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Lennar builds their homes so close to each other, which does not allow sunlight to shine in that space to allow grass to grow. Most walkways in our neighborhood between homes are muddy with no grass. We are unable to walk from front to back on either side. When I referenced back to builder, they really did not have an answer or solution, other than it is my responsibility. Builder did not install French drains between homes. There is some sort of drain which do not work, therefore water and keep the space between homes muddy and inaccessible. That is on the outside.

Inside I think some corners were cut with lighting. Most window seals are already broken, after the first year. Home is four years old. Everything is out of warranty. Every appliance has needed some type of repair already. Microwave, dishwasher, oven. Builder absolutely refused to correct things like placement of address number on house - opposite side of house where there are no outside lights. Small things are not really small. When there is an emergency or packages continue to be delivered to wrong address. Other things like placement of outside shutters by windows, odd. Only on one side on some windows.

Original review: March 3, 2022

Like many others that have visited Lennar communities, I was impressed by the model homes and amenities available in their communities. I relied on the professionalism of the company in order to find my new home. Being relatively unfamiliar with the SWFL region, professionalism was more valuable to me that it might be to others more familiar with the area.

In October 2021 I won the bidding on a Trevi model at Arborwood. I was happy with both the price and prime location/community. Right after I was told that I won the bidding, I was approached by the Lennar sales consultant, Brandon, who told me that a "no-bid" Tivoli home was available for purchase. They did not have a model to show me so Brandon directed me to head out to Portico to see the model they had available. I drove out and did not really care for the Tivoli...but, I did like the model in which the Portico office was located. The Summerville checked off all of my boxes and they happened to have one that was available without bidding. Lynn was decidedly kind and helpful(she would get 5 stars in my opinion).

I decided that the Summerville in Portico was the best option for me. Lynn contacted the sales manager, Jay, and filled him in. The house was reserved for me and contracts would be sent out forthwith. I left Portico and called my real estate agent and friends letting them know I just bought a house. My happiness lasted all of 15 minutes at which time I received a call from Brandon(the Lennar sales consultant from Arborwood). He proceeded to piss in my punch bowl. "I can't believe you are buying at Portico. They are not your type of people. You won't make friends there. They are not your type of people." He repeated that dog whistle comment over and over again. He spoke of crime and the socioeconomic status of Portico vs Arborwood residents.

Needless to say, I was taken aback. I felt like the air had been let out of my balloon. I started off the day with having won the bidding on a home and then being offered the opportunity to buy another property. Now, I was left with uncertainty. I contacted the agent and she was furious about what was said to me and let Brandon have it. I still could not shake his words as I do not know the area at all. The last thing I wanted to deal with was a crime infested area. This is already a long story.

Needless to say, I did not wind up with either property. My hesitation, due to what was said to me, resulted in both properties being sold out from under me. Lennar was non-responsive until I involved an attorney. At that point, they stepped up and are allowing me to buy a property in the community of my choosing. The big fly in the ointment is that they want me to pay the price increases, not only the difference for communities...but also just their market adjustments. Um, NOPE. I already have in writing that I lost the first house through "no fault of my own." The replacement property should be offered at the pricing that was in effect in October, 2021.

I have been told by numerous lawyers that my case is rock-solid. That they have already admitted to their employee causing the loss of the property, that hurdle has already been cleared. Now, it's just a matter of quantifying the damages. I am now forced to move twice, secure temporary housing, legal fees and will likely lose the sale of my existing home due to these delays.

The sales consultant made a mistake. It was a huge issue that violated both federal and state laws. The company is exacerbating this issue by not going out of their way to make this right. I have NOT asked for them to cover my housing expenses. All I wanted was the chance to buy the home at the contracted price that was in place in October. Now, it looks like this is heading to court.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I had a new home built by Lennar 3 years ago. Within the first month, I had chunks of drywall mud falling in the floor throughout my house. Lennar rep stated they would come fix it one time at the end of my first year. They only work on drywall one time. Within the first few months, one side of my front lawn and driveway collapsed. They did a patch job. At the end of my year, they sent a team to "fix" my drywall. Within 3 days of the fix, I had my gaps at the ceilings starting to reappear and had my daily debris on my floors from stuff falling from the ceiling.

I've built new homes before and expect nail pops, minor cracks, etc. This is literally in every room in my house. The repair on my driveway was not done correctly as it continued to collapse and crack across the driveway. After 2 years of complaints including on their website, they finally agreed to fix the drywall but refused to repair the driveway. A team came in and spent 3 days on the drywall. It's still bad in places and at this point I'll have to hire someone to fix it correctly. As stated before, I've built homes previously and have never had the issues that I've had with Lennar. Their rep blames the subcontractors. That's not my problem. I didn't hire them, Lennar did and it's Lennar's name on my contract as the builder who should be responsible.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

After buying our house, we noticed a small section of foundation hardwoods had separated. Over the next 1 1/2 years, the separations become larger & longer, eventually spanning the north/ south entire width of our house. By summer 2021, it was apparent that we had a problem! The separations of the hardwoods became very noticeable & followed the area where we had originally seen the "surface crack" before purchasing. Next, we had ants actively entering the house in the middle of our downstairs, underneath the middle wall. We contacted Lennar, who sent out two men with caulk in early August. Obviously, they were unable to address our problem! Due to our history of being dismissed by Lennar, we decided to hire a geophysical structural engineer, certified by the state of Georgia. In September 2021, it was confirmed that our concrete foundation did indeed crack from one side of our new house to the other side, & that crack is through the depth of the concrete!

In addition, there are many other concerns & discoveries ...

* The compaction of our property is of inadequate bearing capacity & does not meet city codes. Our hired engineer also concluded that the composition of our house pad is inadequate. Our house was built on fill dirt that was not properly prepared.
* The slab is wavy & uneven near to the back door.
* There is no rebar nor metal mesh in our foundation concrete.
* Our engineer concluded that our house is lacking in necessary footings (inside & around perimeters) as required by the blueprints & codes.
* The crack through our foundation is becoming up to 2 inches in width.

* Our entire downstairs hardwoods will need to be removed & replaced, after our foundation is secured. Our furniture will need to be put in storage & we will need to move out to facilitate all repairs.

We were not sold the house that was represented contractually. On Oct 25, 2021, Lennar customer care team members arrived at our house with their own engineer, plus 1 - 2 more men (4 - 5 Lennar people present) for discovery. On Dec 7, 2021, Lennar customer care team consisting of 3 Lennar men, plus their original engineer & a new engineer, did a second discovery. At no time has Lennar shared the names of the engineers nor their firms, that were present in our house.

Lennar customer care team confirmed many of our concerns & promised us a solution as well as a copy of their engineers' findings, all within a few days on each of their visits. As of today, Feb 22, 2022, we have not heard another word regarding either report for those respective days, nor any plan to repair our house that remains under a foundation/ structural warranty. We were strongly assured that we would not be left in this situation, & that communication & a plan would be forthcoming. CRICKETS FROM LENNAR ... Our engineer's report was given to Lennar in both digital form & multiple hard copies on Oct 25, 2021. This report includes all findings, all additional concerns, pictures of support, & recommendations for repair. We have also secured all Holly Springs permits existing from the build of our house. This review does not include every concern but is a basic overview!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I bought a house from Lennar back in Aug. of 2021 and when I went to look at the models I was given a paper that said everything included. Well after living here for a month or two I noticed that they told me that came with the house was not there, by the way it stated 18900.00 worth of extras so I confronted them on it and they told me that my house was approved before some of those extras were released but nobody told me this when I bought it so I think I was mislead into buying one of their homes.

So now I'm going to different media and news and BBB for answers and not only that I have been a carpenter for 40 years now and pick out a lot of items done improperly, they have fixed some that were obvious but still not satisfied with some of the results, now I'm fixing them myself. Mind you I did track housing for 15 years at the beginning of my career and we did a much better job than what is going on nowadays. Don't forget the materials nowadays are much better if properly applied but aren't. It's very sad that we are mislead but I'm not done with Lennar Homes yet.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

We just purchased a new townhome by Lennar at Woodhaven in Alhambra. The process went really smoothly as went with their lender and title company. I had some nonresponse issues with our lender but our loan processor was awesome. Since everything was done in-house, we closed on time and it was virtually stress free. I give them thumbs up for that.

Now for the actual house. We decided to install our own flooring because they wanted to charge us an additional $50k to upgrade to porcelain tiling and upgrade to nicer carpet in the rooms. We could do this with another contractor for half so we opted not to upgrade anything with Lennar. When we started to remove flooring, we discovered the builders skimped and did not install any HardieBacker in the restrooms or kitchen! We could not believe this. Had the appraiser known about this, the house would not have passed inspection. This will add another $1000 and time to add the necessary HardieBacker. This makes us wonder what else they did not do properly to save money like did they even install insulation in the walls? So shady!

This also means they probably did not add HardieBacker to any of the homes in Woodhaven, which owners will find out the hard way later on. We also noticed a dent in the wall near the fridge that must have occurred when they moved the fridge in. There were other minor issues but they fixed them after our initial walk through, which was good. However, due to their skimping on such an important and basic material such as HardieBacker, I would not recommend a Lennar build after this.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

We closed on our house with Lennar in August 2019. Immediately we noticed that water didn't drain from one side of the house and that it constantly pooled up. We addressed it with one of the reps and they said it would be taken care of. A landscaper came out and did minimal work but told Lennar that there is a larger issue that needs to be addressed and that the entire side of the house needed to be regraded all the way to the back of the lot. This work never occurred despite the recommendation of the contractor. Within several months of us being in the house, a huge crack began to form in the slab. Additionally, huge cracks also began to form inside the house on that same side. Our fence which is constantly underwater also started rotting.

We continued to enter service tickets regarding these issues and they have not been addressed in the one and a half years we have been in the house. I had to install a gate on that side of our house because our dog kept going out and rolling in the mud then tracking it back in the house. This would happen on a sunny day when there hadn't been any rain for weeks, but there was still mud and water on the side of the house. The dog would go straight upstairs and wipe her back on the carpet in the main living area. The carpet was ruined and I had to pull it up and replace it with vinyl flooring. These are issues that directly cost me over $2000 out of my own pocket.

Besides the issue of perpetual flooding on the side of our house, electrical breakers constantly trip and we have lost hundreds of dollars worth of food because we were out of town at times when it occurred and the refrigerators went down. Service tickets have been entered for all of these things and none of our issues have been taken care of. We are tired of doing our own maintenance on a brand new home and sick of not being able to access one side of our yard. The structure of our house is being compromised and I can't for the life of me understand how this is not an urgent matter!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

We purchased our home not two years ago. First owners. A few months in we notice the sprinkler is leaking. We put in a warranty request. They bring in the landscaper and say it's normal to have a leaky sprinkler. This sprinkler continues to have a small leak year round regardless if the sprinkler line is turned off or not. We also put in a request for standing water in the backyard. We were told that is normal and let things settle. Two years in and it's not settled. Now that all the bark dust has cleared in the back yard, we find that they have a underground pipe where all the water drains into our back yard. Hence the standing water. It was hidden by bark chips and a cement block that our children had moved while playing.

One night about two months ago we notice a bubble forming under the grass. Then we were notified by the utility company that there is a leak. We had to pay for a leak finder to come find the leak before a plumber would come out. The plumber came out and said we're not touching that unless you understand that the installation of the lines were not done correctly. The landscaper that Lennar hired to do the sprinkler system pulled their waterline up from two feet below ground and attached it to the sprinkler system and put in wrong fittings. A flexible fitting with a non flexible fitting, hence the leak. I saw with my own eyes where the leak was. The plumber said this was done wrong, not up to code.

I put in a warranty request under their two year warranty and they told me things are not covered. The plumber agreed this is probably the reason there was always a small leak at the sprinkler system and it was just a matter of time before this larger leak happened. So two requests in and we are out over 2k for this leak that Lennar installed wrong. Who has a main waterline leak like this after two years living in a new community. I feel like I should let the entire neighborhood know what they may be in for. Their response to me was that the landscaper looked at the work and says it was done correctly. Of course he would say that. He installed it. I trust the plumber more than the landscaper. At this point, all they have done is brushed us off until this large leak happened.

There were other issues in this house. At one point the house shifted so much that we could not open the closet door in the master bedroom, which I happened to be in the closet at the time. When I brought that up all they could say was, "Hmmm.. okay we'll send someone out there." The house looks beautiful but everything inside is cheap. The appliances are cheap. The dishwasher now leaks.. The fake hardwood floor separated at some areas. Carpet separated at some areas and the carpet person had to come in to put it back. So many little things that go wrong and they just brush you off. If you put in too many request they ignore you or tell you you can only get someone to come out once.

Our master bedroom never gets warm. It's freezing in here in the winter. One of the bathrooms must have zero insulation because it is even more cold. They had someone come look and they said well, this bathroom does not need to be insulated by code. Our cold bedroom, it wasn't cold enough for them to fix anything.

I am so unsatisfied as a customer. The most I am unsatisfied with is the main waterline leak. They are telling us sprinkler system is not a warranty. Well then why did you come out the first time to look at it. The issue is not the sprinkler system. The issue is you installed the system wrong at the point of the main waterline. The plumber said they actually put the main waterline in and they did their part correctly. It's what the landscaper did to it afterwards that messed things up for us. Lennar will not take responsibility for it. They also tried to have me blame it on the city. I would give them zero stars if I could. My neighbor has the same leaky sprinkler and I feel like it's only a matter of time before theirs becomes a larger leak like ours did.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Worst builders ever. My new home has so many issues to even count on Two hands. My advice is to run far away from them as possible. Don’t waste your money on this builder. You will regret it. Trust me.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Lennar houses might be cheaper to buy but I'd like everyone to be very aware of Lennar's lack of quality and care. My previous house was built in 2006, we purchased in 2016 and lived there till 2020. That old house was in better condition overall than the new Lennar house we've lived in for 2 years. Anywhere the walls meet another surface (like the kitchen counters), two walls of bathrooms and in some cases the the corners of the walls have started to crack. When you walk on carpet you feel the floor raised in multiple places. The kitchen floor is cracking. Can't even explain everything. AVOID LENNAR HOMES. THEY MIGHT BE CHEAPER AT FIRST BUT WILL COST A LOT MORE FOR REPAIR.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

First off let me start off by saying Lennar is robbing people of their money. Me and my wife went to Orchid Terrace in Davenport Florida. Me and my wife fell in love with one of their model homes, so much so that we applied for the loan to get the house and decided we would be most likely moving forward. But when we took a trip to the actual build site, we were horrified with what we saw. The community was almost completed so we got to walk through some homes that were fully completed and a few in the middle of the building process, in total going through about 5-6 different house all of which had cracks in the foundation, and low pressure. In the finished homes there was signs of water leaking through the windows, the pouring of the concrete was terribly done so much so you can that the houses were dipping to one side. There the carpet flooring was done terribly.

The lennar representative actually had the audacity to make a joke saying that the concrete is some they can’t go back and fix. Mind you some of these houses were built on a hill and one of them in fact was almost completed and the half right corner of the house was literally floating in the air above the ground because the foundation underneath was already falling apart. Lennar home also had the audacity to charge a 250 a year cdd fee which goes toward a pool for the community. By the way this pool is being shared by 5 neighboring communities and the pool wasn’t even in the community site we were looking. It was about a five minute drive away in a neighboring community. Lennar shouldn’t be allowed to to do this to people. This should be illegal and I wish everyone who bought a home from them the best. Please avoid lennar at all costs!!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I purchased a nice 3bdr home from Lennar Homes in Mar 2021. It was built and marketed by Lennar Homes and I used their financing. Overall AM not pleased.

The home is fine and we are satisfied with it. My problem is with their slipping into the closing documents a provision that I pay the entire year of property and school taxes Even though I did not close or own the home until late March. I did not learn of this until JAN 22 when I received my tax bill and discovered that the title co. somehow slipped this provision into my closing documents.

This is the fifth home I've owned and YES, shame on me for not catching it...and yes I am liable for the bill for TAXES ON PROPERTY I DID NOT OWN PRIOR TO March 2021. You're welcome LENNAR...I will NEVER do business with you again and urge EVERYONE else to avoid LENAR like the plague. Did you REALLY need the $1000+? Was it worth it? You've lost at least one customer for life and I hope others follow. Wm. S. **

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I could write a book, but then no one will read this....To summarize from closing to moving in was not what I could have ever imagined. Let me start with I was initially given a Sept 6, then 2 weeks from closing on my PA home I was told Sept 28th. I was only able to push back my PA closing to Sept 13. Took 3 days to drive to FL rented a home on Estero island till the 28th. Then I was told by Lennar Sept 22 that my closing was pushed back to Oct 6th. I extended my rental to Oct 6th. Then I was told Oct 2nd that they could not close till Oct 14th, so we extended our rental. Then 2 days before the 14th I was told Oct 21st. I could not extend my rental I had to move find a place for another week. This was difficult as we had 2 vehicles, car trailer and 2 dogs. Had to stay in a hotel with 2 dogs was a challenge. Closing was set. I went to the closing office and some of the paperwork was not received so I had to go back the next day.

We did our walk through on Oct 14th. House was filthy, bugs in bathtub, stickers on windows and window sills and dirty. Garage was filthy. I was told it would be taken care of before we moved in. It was NOT! They had a whole week and did nothing. We were homeless and living in a hotel... I was beyond pissed but couldn't walk away or I would of cuz housing is in such high demand I would have probably had to live in a hotel for a another month. So I was committed. Moved in.... Submitted a list for 50 things to be repaired. Stove didn't work, electrician had to come 3 times! They wired it wrong. Our dryer didn't work due to too much vent hose and the vent to exterior of home was blocked.

Other issues, scratched cabinet doors, paint spilled on carpet, driveway pavers needed replaced, tub was scratched, and house was filthy and the list goes on and on.... They never sent anyone to clean the bugs out of the tub and the windows for over 2 weeks. Still waiting on our garage floor to be cleaned, scraped and epoxy. I have now told them if don't schedule the garage by tuesday Jan 11th of this week I am reporting them to the Attorney General, BBB and Dun & Bradstreet. I am so over this. The sales person, Lynn gave us terrible service, the construction manager David was not knowledgeable to show us the features of our smart home, and yada yada. I am not typically a complainer... I gave my last builder a 10+ but Lennar gets a 1. If I could give them a zero I would. Love my neighborhood, love my house layout but the customer service sucks and some of the workmanship is piss poor. Many of my neighbors had similar issues too.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Lennar Homes damaged 150 feet of our brick wall by bumping it with bulldozers. They said they would fix it, then they drove thru part of the wall which eventually fell destroying about 16 feet, said they would only repair the part they drove thru, does this type of damage need to be reported?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I'm going to condense 5.5 years into one paragraph. We'll start with actual, truthful numbers; Purchased a Lennar home in June 2017 for $454,000.00. By July 2018 we had discovered significant problems that Lennar took responsibility for and stated they would pay to have repaired. By May 2020 when not a single project was completed, we filed suit.

After many structural and GeoTech engineers wrote their reports, as of September 2021 the current estimated cost of repairs is $954,000.00. For the purpose of litigation, the property was appraised, as if no problems existed, for $705,00.00. After discovering these serious issues before we hired an attorney, we asked Lennar to purchase the property back, they refused. We asked again after hiring an attorney. They refused again. All of this has been well documented and can be found at lennarbuilderreviewdotcom. Or just search Bing, Yahoo or Duckduckgo...Google is burying the site...for The 2017 timeline of repeated failures. You'll find ConsumerAffairs is posting a truly legitimate review. Run away from Lennar.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Our Lennar home has a great floor plan and is located in a nice subdivision. The quality of the finishes is not great, especially the trim and carpet. The kitchen layout wastes space by not including a corner cabinet on the lower. I have never seen this before. Insane. Issues have not been addressed in a timely manner, are said to be unfixable or are ignored. Not impressed with this builder or their service. Document everything with this company. Do not sign the closing paperwork until items are fixed. They will not come back and fix things.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I needed to redo a room in my home so I called Lennar to find the out the type of flooring I needed to order and was given the wrong flooring information. The flooring I ordered was a special order and the materials were not what is in my home. I am now out of $600 dollars and can't replace flooring in my home. This is a loss I can not afford!

Resolution response: Dec. 7, 2021

The Company has resolved the issues.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

We signed a contract with Lennar on 10/18/2021 to buy the Ascott model in the 55+ community in Aurora, Colorado, located at 22336 E Narrowleaf Place. The closing was planned to be on 11/15/2021. The house was in the final stages to finish. Over few visits, we added our flags on the walls & doors for sections that require repairs. However, at the time we signed the contract, the concrete in the basement showed no cracks. We visited the house the week before closing and cracks appeared in the basement concrete. We asked Mr. ** what can be done about it. He said nothing can be done.

This early presence of cracks turned us off. We thought about it days and nights and finally decided not to go with the closing since the cracks are already showing and the house is brand new. We cancelled the closing and asked Lennar for the $5k refund or at least 50% of the amount. The company refused per email from the sales person. Very sad situation. I will leave it up to the public to judge the way they treated us. We give them one star.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I closed on this property in 06/08, had several issues that the builder said they will take care of but never did. They trick you to accepting the defaults in the house and convince you they will take care of it but once you close they leave you in the cold. Honest advise, never buy from this builder otherwise be prepared to fix and repair on a daily basis.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Be very careful when purchasing a home from Lennar. The sales people will say anything to get you to sign. Read the fine print and ensure any promises/commitments are in writing. Also they will push their lending company on you. You can do better elsewhere. Look around. If you decide to buy. Don't rush to complete the satisfaction survey. They are real nice before and then once they get the survey in service goes down. I would never buy another Lennar home. Quality is subpar. Organization is even worst. You have been warned. Check BBB.

Lennar Homes Company Information