2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

We wanted to buy a house from them, but their unhelpful and straight-up lying sales rep turned us off. They refused to allow us to work with an agent of our own, and every step of the way we received conflicting information that often contradicted what they had told us the day before. Thankfully we discovered this early and didn't waste more time or any money on them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Buyer beware: Lennar’s new home rep. provided potential buyers with outdated CCRs! It was later discovered that Lennar amended the CCRs 2 years early, yet when buyers requested the CCRs they still sent the old-outdated documents. The amendment gravely effected property values by moving from a 10% rental cap to unlimited rentals! Do your research, don’t trust their reps. Get the CCRs from the Register of Deeds. And remember until all homes are sold Lennar has full control of the HOA board with no owner representation.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

If I could give Lennar less than zero stars, I would. That’s how poor our experience was (and still is). For sake of simplicity, I will focus on only the items that angered us the most. Believe me, there were plenty of things Lennar did wrong. Firstly, our house was not completed on the closing date. We requested to move the closing date a few days so that all of the punch list items were completed and not rushed. Lennar management told us if we did not close on the scheduled closing date, they would make sure we lost the house and our deposit, and they would sue us for damages. How’s that for customer service?

We were forced to close with an unfinished house and the punch list was never finished. I had to pay out of pocket for materials and labor to complete the punch list items that I could manage myself. So now we’re left with “warranty" items that either take too long for Lennar to complete or they never get completed at all. For example, we have a defective exterior door that is sealed shut and completely unusable from the defect. It took months to actually get Lennar customer service to make any kind of arrangements to replace the door. I have wasted countless hours waiting for sub-contractors to replace the door. They usually never show up or they show up unannounced in an uncoordinated fashion and can’t do the repair.

For example, the door subcontractor showed up one early morning unannounced and declared he was here to replace the door. Well, the door was never delivered so he couldn’t replace it. When they did deliver the door, they destroyed our mailbox with their truck. Fast forward to the rescheduled repair date and the door sub-contractor never showed up. This is very typical for Lennar and unacceptable. I have already posted multiple reviews about Lennar’s lack of customer service and poor construction. I have also convinced several friends who were looking to build a house to go with any other builder other than Lennar. I wish we had never built with Lennar. They are a worthless company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I am purchasing a Lennar home in Parkland Bay. I have been visiting the neighborhood since building started almost 2yrs ago. They didn’t have a model of a Hibiscus that we purchased so we went into another one just finished and was told there were “standard options”. Once building began we were surprised to see that a $700k home had a Formica countertop. Cabinets were stained horribly bad. Bathroom sinks were one piece without undermounted sinks. Showers on a track. All items you would find in an apartment. We were told that their “standard options changed”. Mortgage company slow, they gave us a higher interest rate although we have 700+ credit score. Title company fees $10,000 more than other title companies. They charged a $11,000 builders fee that no other builders charge. A complete ripoff.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

From when our Lennar home was being built, to now over 1 year after moving in Lennar has been the absolute worst. So many build issues & the Customer service team is rudely ignorant of any requests. They will literally ignore your emails, finally reply with very short answers, and offer no help. Our basement bathroom was supposed to have full rough-ins, and once they became aware they didn’t do it properly, I am still going back and forth with them to schedule the plumber. OVER A YEAR LATER.

The quality of workmanship on these homes is a joke. Crooked walls and clear shortcuts taken when building. The list here is endless in every way. I just wanted to include a couple things that illustrate how terrible Lennar is. By far, the most frustrating thing is their team. It’s incredible how rude and unhelpful they are every step of the way. I don’t know if they are trained to act this way, or if 95% of the people who work there are just legitimately miserable. The one cool person we liked that worked there has left, for obvious reasons.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I am exhausted with Lennar builders. I dont have the energy to do this. All I can say is go somewhere else. Do not deal with this company. You want specifics, then email me at **. They don't care about the consumer. They do not care about quality. They are only interested in $$. They will exhaust your time and all you do to get service will be your life for 2 years if you have the energy to keep up. They will exhaust you. It's all a game to keep you from complaining and to let your warranty run out. I'm ready for Consumer Action Center. Anyone else?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I like Lennar homes and bought it. But it has structural defects that is missing corbels in front side of the house and it looks like ugly. I found it after a couple of years later. I send the email to customer service team. They don't listen to me. So anyone who is planning to buy Lanner homes, Please be careful the missing things at homes.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Ok so here's my tale. I purchased a home 2 years ago from a new builder called Mignatti who then sold itself immediately after Lennar, leaving my home under the care of Lennar. So Lennar took responsibility for the first year repairs. Did I mention I bought my home 2 years ago. Guess you can imagine where this is going. I handed them a list of work & in 2 years they've only managed to send 1 worker to repair nail pops on the wall. Now this company is using the # coronavirus gift of unexplained delays to claim they don't know us and it's Mignatti's problem. Wow! So we sent them proof via emails that they were in fact handling the list of work prior and now SILENCE, No response.

I had the opportunity to talk to neighbors and I'm not alone, 1 neighbor already sued for what she says was an extremely low payout that didn't cover the work needed, In my opinion That's the scam folks... They want you to sue so you have to take less and save on the work they're contracted to do. Avoid this company if you're a new buyer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

It appears that Lennar did NOT get final approval for the water connections from the street to the meter and failed to submit the proper paperwork for the City to take ownership of those lines. Has homes develop leaks in/around the meter leading to the street, the City is saying they do not have to fix it. The individual owner is now required to pay for those repairs, or the HOA as Lennar failed to complete the paperwork and inspections required. It appears we have 50+ homes affected by this, and several have had leaks. As Lennar completes a community, they sell remaining units to investors, shortcut required inspections just to pull out. Not a reputable company in my opinion.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I’m emailing you due to not only the extremely poor customer service from your ex employees, but also your current managers/directors in the San Antonio area. Attached are some of the emails and I have also had several rude and condensed conversations with Edgar.. Who says If I want to be more difficult he will just change my home plan because he can do that per the contract... I’m trying to settle this before getting legal involved.. but with your terrible managers in San Antonio I’m thinking I don’t have much of an option. I also have a BBB case open as well.

My issues now are the sales agent agreed to take off 1,000 dollars off my home due to all the issues he created.. then he quit and Lennar refuses to honor this even though I have a text confirming this... I tried to offer something in the middle, by them moving up my closing so I don't lose money in the process... but instead they declined..

Now my home's slab was poured too short. It was poured to the new plan not the old plan and the manager Edgar basically told me he was doing this for me... that my home should be the new one...but structure wise adding that tiny amount of slab is will need to be reviewed by a engineer.. He says I can pay for one on my own, but this is not my mistake... Also on the call he told me if I was to continue to be difficult he would just left it short and it would be my issues... This is the most terrible experience I’ve had with any company.

And to add to this issue we already purchased a home in the subdivision under the understanding that my original deal on my home would be completed.. So now I have an elderly mother at a location that is 40 mins away from me currently and a company that is running a bait and switch on my home. I don’t want to have to move to a legal action but at this point I don’t see any other options since now we will if y’all aren’t able to get my a home with what I requested and it’s structural sound and there is a signed report from an engineer.. we will have to bring my mother's house into the legal action since she won’t be able to live in this home.

Lennar Homes Company Information