Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

We purchased a home from Lennar, Arborwood Preserve, Ft Myers, FL., 33913.and closed on September 19, 2019. Big mistake! Should have closed when the house was completely finished and presented itself as a new home. We have bathtub issues, paint, paver, framework, windows, lanai issues and the list goes on and on. We had the carpet taken out and had tile installed to match the rest of the home since it was a speck home. Upon taking up the carpet, and pad the floor was filthy! You couldn't go barefoot for all the dirt from construction, nails etc., and the tile installer had to scrape paint off the floor before they could install the tile. The house was so full of dust. What in the hell was the construction manager doing? BTW he put in a two weeks notice after we closed. That should tell you something.

So much for moving into a new home and trying to settle in with all the repairs that need to be completed. Talk about an inconvenience. Please, do not close on your home until it is perfect. Make it right, hold their feet to the burner. That way Lennar doesn't get their money until you're satisfied. You might want to think twice before buying a home from Lennar.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My Experience at Lennar at Traditions. Went to see the home tells 415 is the price and available. Ask to get the preapproval then I went and came back next day with pre-approval. Now tells that some else is ready to buy the house and the house price is 420 now and he can't sell. Have to call his manager through realtor and get the contract signed. The next day I get an promotions email that house is price 13k less. The Date to close the house is Oct 1st. Aug 7th met with Builder and says that next week going to install the sheet rock and dry wall.

Sep 5th met with the build. Sheet rock not installed. Says, "Next week we going to install the sheet rock." Sep 29th called Sales Person to know more about it. Now tell sheet rock will be installed and say it will be installed next week. When I said that I will be going on Vacation from Nov 22nd they said the closing date is moved to Nov 18th which is 4 days before my vacation. When I was asking more questions on the the sales rep says "you are from where!! Are you Asian. Call your agent to call us". Living in this country for 12 years this is first time some making a racist comment. Make me feel so depressing. I really for signing a contract Lennar. As of today Oct 4th dry wall is not installed as the closing was suppose to be on Oct 1st. Also they are few more issue which I will update once I get Changes.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Do your research folks! We are in the middle of a legal process with Lennar; talk to people [not suggested by sales], but talk to people in your neighborhood, on playgrounds and ask about their experiences. Once you see red flags, just walk away. Here is our story. It took 10-11 months to build our house in the Dallas area (the process was not easy as the builder/ subcontractors made many mistakes and we had to fight plenty to correct them).

About two weeks before the closing in July of 2018, a water leak in/around the kitchen island became apparent. It was due to the poor workmanship of the plumber. Lennar promised that everything would be fixed by the date of closing, but of course that was not the case. Lennar lied to us in regards to having fixed all of the affected areas in the kitchen. We believed Lennar as it reassured us that we would have no issues going forward and that all was fixed. Lennar didn’t replace all affected areas by water. Four days after closing it was confirmed we needed repairs.

The whole process was a nightmare, it dragged from weeks to months of disruption. It caused my home based business to collapse, my hubby took off from work several days, we cancelled kids’ activities after school. During the repairs we had asked Lennar to bring a third party to test the damaged area. They promised they would, however they pushed it four months later, and, to our surprise, brought the same guys to test their own work. Conflict of interest, illegal practices and false promises. Finally fed up, we hired our own team, did our own testing, and in light of the results and repairs still needed, plus additional outstanding issues, we ended up getting legal help. There is a lot more to the story, but our advice for you is to stay away from Lennar.

Don't buy Lennar; don't count on their promises, there's no integrity displayed. They will cut any and all corners they can. We will continue to expose Lennar in the DFW area; we will continue to post, edit and add to our reviews, social media, reach out to news throughout our journey of fighting Lennar and their fraudulent practices and refusals of taking ownership of their mistakes, until everyone in this area knows the quality of the services they provide, integrity they display and illegal practices they approve.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Leander, TX-new construction. How had a laundry list of little things that were overseen by all the sub contractors that they hire. Door frames uneven leaving gaps when door attached, all my lights hum, sticky tape residue left everywhere, did not receive any set up tools or some appliance manuals, when asked for certain items was told in one sentence “not a warrantable item” with no help to figure out solution, gaps between garage door and frame had to add extra foam to close, just a lot of little things that get frustrating. Overall poor customer service. Would never buy a Lennar home again, was skeptical at first but not many options in my area in that price range. Also their mortgage company was a NIGHTMARE to work with, they almost delayed my closing.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

If I was only going to own a home for a year or less I still would not buy Lennar. Typical corporation only interested in max profit. They hire subs that will do the job as cheaply as possible and then encourage them to cut corners by cheaping out on them in every possible way. In the end, their buyers are the losers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Watercrest in Venice. Went into contract on new construction in Feb 2018 for home to be completed Oct 2018. Then they delayed closing until Nov 30 2019. Then they called me and moved it up to mid November (to meet closing quotas) and there was a "punch list" that still needed to be completed. They did over the course of a month correct those items. The Project Manager and the Salesman that sold me the house stayed on top of that list. However, 8 months later after heavy rain when I was away, a friend went over to check the house and the ceiling was leaking into my living room.

Called Chuck ** from Home Warranty who did have the roof fixed, apparently it was a problem with initial roof construction and then the ceiling fixed (Sheetrock) in the Living Room. That was done terribly. You could see the patchwork, it was unacceptable on my brand new house. Chuck agreed to have another contractor come in and replace all of the sheetrock in the ceiling, which requires all of my lighting to come down, then repaint, and clean the home.

Its been almost 6 weeks since the initial complaint and I am still waiting for them to show up to do this 3 day job. I will post more when the job is complete. I also have had a water problem on the side of my home which Chuck told me was taken care of. It was a grading problem, however, it is still staying soaked like a sponge in some areas, and Chuck advised me it's because it's rainy season. That's a bunch of crap. I have owned property in Florida for over 20 years and have never had a yard soaked like a sponge in any season. I have a complaint in for that as well. Keep you posted!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Dishonest pricing. In short: We were told the home was a certain price by the salesperson and now two months before the potential closing the manager bumped the price nearly $100k higher. Watch out excited families for big $$$ surprises.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I didn't wanted to go through the trouble of fixing and small projects in old home so I went for a new town home. I was told any quality issue/damage that you could see will be fixed with our 1 year warranty. I reported major issues like water leaks, floor making sounds, broken cabinets and so on. All the major damages were neglected and was never fixed. They made arguments after arguments of why it cannot be fixed but never fixed any major issue.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

We purchased a condo in a high rise in Bonita Springs, Florida for approximately $1 Million. It looked great. However, Once we moved in, about 12 months later, (we had a delay to a major illness in the family), the issues began. Lennar’s 12 month warranty was up around the time we moved in. Major issue - The tile floors began buckling up. Lennar will not even return our calls on the matter, even though it stands to reason that tile floors have a useful life way longer than 12 months. We now need to replace tile at a cost of about $25,000. There is about 2500 square feet of tile we are talking about here. So you can see how the price is so high. Turns out they did not use the correct products/process to do the job correctly.

In addition we had other problems that should not occur for the price we paid, although smaller in magnitude. Refrigerator had chunks of ice forming around the condenser and stopped all working altogether - this was fixed. Bathtub faucet leaves sand in the tub after use-we have been unable to fix this to fix this. The pump on the community fountain by our pool was out for months under Lennar’s regime. The community grills have never heated up properly, we have been unable to fix. (We can only assume poor quality grills were put in.) Overall, Lennar makes attractive places. But in our experience, underneath all the prettiness, you have poor quality in many, many aspects of their product. Our sales person was Lisa ** was the agent we purchased from. Anyone who wants to hear more can email me at **.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

For the few reviewers that had a good experience with Lennar, I envy you. Less than a year in, the corbels fell off out counters, the walls were cracking and we metal sticking out of the stucco, paint was not matching in some spots like they painted over oil. After two years, our dishwasher and AC went out, not under warranty. We have the corners pieces of our interior walls falling off and a foul sewage smell coming from our sinks. I reported this to Lennar less than a year in and they said it was from new construction. It only got worse and now they are not willing to help us. If you plan to buy one of these homes know that there is no level of quality put into them. I spoke with one of the contractors and they get paid per house, so they blow through them as quickly as possible to get paid quickly. For the amount of money paid, we could and should have built a custom home.

Lennar Homes Company Information