Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

287 Lennar Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 16, 2019

Being a military retiree and current DoD civilian for the past 30 years, I have moved several times and built 4 homes. Now that my husband and I are nearing retirement we decided to move to Riverview, FL right outside of Tampa. That was a good decision, but deciding to choose Lennar as the builder for our retirement home has by far been the WORSE financial decision and investment of our entire life and marriage! They provide awful customer service and do not conduct business with integrity. Basically, once you purchase the home, they do not care.

I have experienced so much aggravation and anger in dealing with this builder that I do not have the energy to list it all. But, to summarize it, after you move into your home you will notice errors and mistakes that you didn't notice during the move-in inspection. And, their reaction is to stall, refuse to correct them, or say it wasn't in the original agreement. What they are experts at is "slow rolling" their response. They aim to stretch out the time pass the one year mark from your purchase date of the house. After one year, they will claim their warranty is expired and want to refer you to your personal homeowners' warranty, which can cost you cash in deductibles and service calls.

As an example of one of my experiences, I have put in a service request for the same issue 3 times: They installed mixed fixtures in 2 of my bathrooms which I noted during my walk-through inspection (oiled bronzed light fixtures and towel bar, with brushed nickel/silver faucets and cabinet knobs; it looks awful). After waiting 3 months, my 1st request somehow got deleted from the customer portal, they claimed it must have happened accidentally when they updated their website. I had about 7 issues at the time and had to re-enter all of them. After waiting another ~2 months, I received an email that the bath fixtures request was closed, stating they tried to contact me on 3 occasions but got no response.

Knowing this was not true, I asked when, and they provided dates from their "records." This was a lie. I guess no one told them that cell phone companies today actually provide you with a list of incoming calls. My records reflect that for those days, and the days before and beyond, there were no calls from Lennar. In fact, ALL of my calls were from family members! Then the following happened: Lennar informed me that my fixtures were supposed to be brushed nickel. I contested stating I expected them to be bronze. After another month, the customer service rep handling my case emailed and said they found the paperwork confirming that they had "found my fixtures" paperwork and they were to be bronze.

They replaced the sink faucets and knobs, and told me that the the rest was on backorder. The rep I had been working with quit and the work stopped. The next rep contacted me stating that the fixtures were Not supposed to be oil bronzed, but, brushed nickel. By now, the bath looks even worse because now the entire shower is brushed nickel and the rest of the bath is oiled bronzed. On April 1, 2019, my husband received an email from Wilmary **, Customer Care Team, that the work I wanted, changing my bath fixtures to oil bronzed, was not under warranty and that they were closing my case.

I responded immediately that if the bath elements were indeed supposed to be brushed nickel, then I request they make everything brushed nickel, but not leave it with two types of fixtures. As of today, June 14, 2019, I have not received a response and have not been contacted since the April 1, 2019 email that they were closing my case. They will not respond to my emails or phone calls. I have purchased houses in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Florida - all brand new homes. This is the only builder I have dealt with that has shady, less than honorable business practices. I am surprised that the State of Florida allows them to keep their business license.

Original review: June 14, 2019

This company doesn’t honor warranty information. Robert ** is totally rude and they can’t keep employees there long enough to help. They lose documents as in warranty requests, don’t get back to the paying customer in a timely basis. The only reason I’m glad we bought in because we are in a good neighborhood. I’ve talk to so many people about our issues and Lennar isn’t a good name. I have to find my documents and go through the Florida Building Association to make them honor their warranty. They are too big of a company to take down but trust me; with my sign on our personal vehicles, that will get people to look twice.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My name is Aubrey. I am a veteran who served my country faithfully. After being honorably discharged, I decided to purchase a home using my VA loan for the first time. So, if you're buying a Lennar home, I'm writing my experience. I was always told that the underwriting process would be the most difficult step. But it was the process at Lennar. The sales rep (Ernest) made a lot of promises. $41k worth of incentives including level 2 tiles, Glass french doors, Refrigerator with a bottom drawer, etc.. etc. Then we signed the contract and gave our down payment.

The first problem was when we went to design studios, they made us aware that those promises were not accurate. We could not have those things because it was far beyond the incentive value. 90 percent of the promises from the door was voided. We debated with the sales rep, design studios, and the management, and decided that we just wanted to go forward with the process. They just was not honoring their promise due to the miscalculation of the sales rep. Shortly after, they decided, that they would give us a garage door opener with the refrigerator that we wanted.

When that time came around, the sales manager (Jen) decided that the sales rep miscalculated on that as well, and told me she could not honor that promise. I then informed her we already signed a contract and that she had no choice but to honor it. She then told me that if I didn't sign a new contract that she would void the contract and refund my money for failure to comply. After several letters written by both my realtor and myself, along with phone calls, they decided that they would honor the then active contract. Such a headache. Why threaten a veteran and make the process difficult. There are veterans with mental sickness that can be deeply affected by Lennar tactics.

Current problem: Close to July 1st, and the house is 95% done. I'm beyond excited. I get an email form the closing coordinator informing me that I will now be closing the end of August. I called her and asked if this was a mistake. She told me no, it's accurate. I explained to her that I was told I was closing July 1st, and my lease on my apt is up July 31st. I have nowhere to stay until the end of August. She said that she was sorry and there is nothing she can do. I asked why was I told July 1st. She said the sales dept are not authorized to give the buyers a closing date. I asked her how do you expect to sell homes you are building to anyone if you don't give them a closing date. What are they suppose to say? "Hey, we are building your home, but we don't know when it will be built". That's ridiculous. She seemed cold and passive.

So in conclusion, I'm a Veteran using my VA loan, first time home buyer. Made several promises, promises not honored. 4 months house being built, but given a headache the whole way, threats, and finally home being pushed another 6 months to make it a total of 6 months for me to finally close. The worst experience in my life. I will be contacting BBB, Department of Veterans Affair, Executive, and Management of Lennar. There has got to be some protection for home buyers.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I purchased my home in February 2017 with THEN CalAtlantic. My home was a “to build” home allowing me to personalize my home. I paid for many upgrades, one being “soundproofing” insulation along my master bedroom and bath. After closing, I realized and noticed that my insulation wasn’t there. I informed CalAtlantic numerous times regarding that and other issues that were “supposed” to be completed as per my contract. This dragged on for a little over a year when NOW LENNAR (whom acquired CalAtlantic) admitted and realized that they did indeed forget to install the insulation during the build. Their first attempt was inserting foam insulation, which turned into a COMPLETE disaster! The foam buckled the walls ruined my kitchen cabinets!!

They then came back and removed the cabinets (in the process ruining my cabinets even further and breaking the latch on my oven), took apart the dry wall and then installed new drywall. My walls are STILL messed up, my kitchen cabinets are STILL DAMAGED and some parts are actually missing and this has been a year now. I’ve hired a lawyer, written emails, made numerous emails, and have gone to the office in Tampa numerous times as well. All to get NOWHERE!!! Lennar has been avoiding my calls, emails and my issues that they’re contractually responsible for. They aren’t an honest and/or trustworthy business and don’t fulfill their end of the contract!!! DO NOT purchase a home from them! They hire subpar contractors who drink alcohol while on site, they do shorty work and give you a subpar product and take your money and leave! I’m still waiting on yet ANOTHER call back and have YET to receive it!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I am Lennar homeowner. My advise, do not buy a home from Lennar. As a company it is total crap. Just stay away from them. They make a trashy home and promise lie until they sell their crap and then impossible to reach to them to clean their bs.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: June 10, 2019

Poor attention to detail as the window sills are all chipping away from poor prep work with paint, toilets were not installed properly and wobbled every time we sat on it, glass shower randomly shatters in the middle of the night on it's own, bathroom vanity just fell off the wall today which, come to find out that they used double sided tape to stick onto the drywall!!? I am furious. Don't they know that cutting these corners can get someone killed?! The shattering glass just barely missed my wife by less than a foot. This is a huge safety concern and you cannot cut corners with installations of glass and mirrors. I'm extremely disappointed in Lennar and suggest you stay far far away. Just ridiculous and unacceptable workmanship.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Hello. What a horrible experience has been to purchase my home from Aquabella Lennar. At the beginning was promised the best service, a one step to my first home. However we are completely unsatisfied and discouraged. Three weeks to closing had to choose an outside lender and the sales representative has made mistakes and actually wanted to charge me. If you decide to purchase, go with your own rep and do not trust Eagle home Mortgage specially their onsite officers. All you hear is horror stories and unfortunately I had to witness myself as well.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Lennar is my builder next door. They caused damage to my air conditioning unit by dropping cement on it and on its fins. When I noticed it and complained they sent a power washer and caused further damage to bend the fins completely. I tried to make a complain online and a very nasty person claiming to be a director of construction DFW region called me and said, "Do what you have to do, we don't take any responsibility of any damages." Also they flooded my car by stopping the storm drain and caused damage to my car - I talked to my insurance and same thing, they asked me to contact Lennar.

HOA won't do anything, city won't take any responsibility and Lennar also won't. So it's me who has to pay for all the damages caused to my property. I end up paying over $1200 so far for all those damages caused by Lennar to me and it's very unfortunate that how they just deny all claims. Their company is based on greed and wicked people who has no respect for others.

Original review: May 30, 2019

For several months I have been in contact with the local Lennar representative (via text only) and they have failed at seeing that my warranty projects are being executed correctly and in a timely manner. I continue to have to follow-up with failed scheduled appointments either because the contractor doesn't show or when they do come they have been misinformed of the type of work that needs fixed. I have been in my home for approximately 1 year and it was only 3 months old when I purchased it. I have had significant cracks in the stucco, floor tile, improper weather strip filling, roof damage, etc.

The Lennar Representative seems to only respond when I repeatedly ask for assistance. They have failed to provide me with any receipts from the any of the contract work that has been completed and continuously insist that I confirm completion of work when the work has not been done correctly. So because of my frustration I have taken to the consumer complaints websites hoping this will get some attention. I just want my home repairs completed expeditiously and done correctly. I am dissatisfied with how this is being handled thus far!

Original review: May 29, 2019

==== BEWARE!!!! ==== I would give zero or negative stars if I could! We purchased a new home with Lennar in Champions Gate, FL in March 2018. In early May 2019 our roof is leaking, just 6 weeks out of warranty. We contacted Lennar and were told basically that we are on our own. The roofing company said if we had purchased the roof from them, they would warranty their product for five (5) years... with Lennar, only one (1). Lennar must use sub-standard products and/or inexperienced installers to not stand behind maybe one of the most critical components of a home... the roof! To date we are slowly traveling up the management hierarchy, but in the end I'm sure I know how this will end. if you are reviewing Lennar, I suggest looking for a more customer-focused builder who stands behind their product.

Lennar Homes Company Information