Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I didn't wanted to go through the trouble of fixing and small projects in old home so I went for a new town home. I was told any quality issue/damage that you could see will be fixed with our 1 year warranty. I reported major issues like water leaks, floor making sounds, broken cabinets and so on. All the major damages were neglected and was never fixed. They made arguments after arguments of why it cannot be fixed but never fixed any major issue.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

We purchased a condo in a high rise in Bonita Springs, Florida for approximately $1 Million. It looked great. However, Once we moved in, about 12 months later, (we had a delay to a major illness in the family), the issues began. Lennar’s 12 month warranty was up around the time we moved in. Major issue - The tile floors began buckling up. Lennar will not even return our calls on the matter, even though it stands to reason that tile floors have a useful life way longer than 12 months. We now need to replace tile at a cost of about $25,000. There is about 2500 square feet of tile we are talking about here. So you can see how the price is so high. Turns out they did not use the correct products/process to do the job correctly.

In addition we had other problems that should not occur for the price we paid, although smaller in magnitude. Refrigerator had chunks of ice forming around the condenser and stopped all working altogether - this was fixed. Bathtub faucet leaves sand in the tub after use-we have been unable to fix this to fix this. The pump on the community fountain by our pool was out for months under Lennar’s regime. The community grills have never heated up properly, we have been unable to fix. (We can only assume poor quality grills were put in.) Overall, Lennar makes attractive places. But in our experience, underneath all the prettiness, you have poor quality in many, many aspects of their product. Our sales person was Lisa ** was the agent we purchased from. Anyone who wants to hear more can email me at **.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

For the few reviewers that had a good experience with Lennar, I envy you. Less than a year in, the corbels fell off out counters, the walls were cracking and we metal sticking out of the stucco, paint was not matching in some spots like they painted over oil. After two years, our dishwasher and AC went out, not under warranty. We have the corners pieces of our interior walls falling off and a foul sewage smell coming from our sinks. I reported this to Lennar less than a year in and they said it was from new construction. It only got worse and now they are not willing to help us. If you plan to buy one of these homes know that there is no level of quality put into them. I spoke with one of the contractors and they get paid per house, so they blow through them as quickly as possible to get paid quickly. For the amount of money paid, we could and should have built a custom home.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Imagining after 6 months you brought a brand new home from Lennar, you received 6 mechanic liens notices from different contractor companies Lennar hired because of Lennar failed to pay them. Now you can't refinance, can't sell the property and Lennar promised to get that fixed but after 2 months, they still ask you to wait and actually ask you to provide "a copy of the title report showing the lien." I mean WTF!? Did that your sales director mailed all homeowner to resolve the lien issue??! NOT TO MENTION HOW MANY REPAIRS I HAVE REPORTED!!! THIS IS PIECE OF ** THEY BUILD!!!! I am already sick of dealing with their sales team, everyone is simply dragging your time. See the lien attached and the first time I asked them to resolve the issue and how they respond, still not resolving at all.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I was attracted of the Zero Closing Cost, so we start the process for a single home in South Florida. Everything was nice, many promises, time of delivery, etc.

then we went online to see the reviews, and I found strange that the #1 home builder in US had so many bad reviews. By the way, we continue our journey. Delivery was scheduled for end of July begin of August, but until May and June no any brick was laid. It was a huge problem for my family because my kids were already going to school in another city 25 miles away. They promise that the delivery was confirmed on time, even though nothing was in the field.

We find out that they didn't start because the permit were missed, so the delivery was delayed, month over month. It was a huge problem because we had to start the school, and it's not easy commuting 50 miles a day for the school. We decided to cancel the contract, also because the sales representative said that we may have back the entire deposit, minus the administrative fees. All lies, nothing of what they promise, was maintained.

At the day of today August 28, no any property has been delivered. Deposit (fortunately only 5k) was retained. The sales representative is not anymore available, he never replied at any followup email, the manager which replied that Lennar never had any of the mentioned agreement, said that the sales manager resigned from Lennar. Nobody is anymore available. I would never buy a new build home from Lennar, they are a scam. I never believed before the bad reviews, but after my experience, I now believe every single one. It's strange how this company still succeed to build community and sale properties.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Purchased a brand new Lennar home in Hastings Farms in Queen Creek, AZ and my rooftop has already been destroyed by mild winds 7-9mph reported that day. Lennar Homes has been of zero assistance in resolving this matter. Roofs are suppose to sustain at least 50mph winds, their warranty does state that they do not cover "natural" elements but I perceive this as being faulty work. All I was requesting from Lennar is for assistance in determining if this was faulty work on behalf of the roofing company.

The moral of this review is buyer beware. A Lennar roof clearly doesn't sustain low or high winds based on my experience. The only solution given to me by Bob "field customer service manager" who I may add is very unresponsive was to file an insurance claim and to pay out of pocket for an inspection. They clearly don't care! After you sign your closing paperwork they are pretty much done with you and any issues you may have regarding your home. Lennar is clearly pushing out numbers and not quality. Very disappointed with Lennar Homes.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I had an inspection and the front door was out of square...a framing problem. They first tried to just adjust some hinges. The door started pressing inwards to the point where light was shining through and the door actually became warped. They did replace the door. The door still isn’t right. The inspector said it’s still out of square though not as bad as the first time. Everyone who’s seen the door says it’s not right, including 2 contractors. However, Lennar just says it’s within the standards and so is good enough. The top side of the door comes in a quarter inch more than the bottom side. The hinges aren’t lined up with their adjusting those to make the door fit. The framing is the problem but Lennar won’t do what is right....It’s “good enough” in their view.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

They miraculously pre-qualified us using their in-house lender Eagle Home Mortgage. Then several months before closing date, they send a letter stating we do not qualify. They will not return our deposit. They are crooks!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Drywall is pathetic. Customer Care said nothing looked wrong, but anyone with eyesight can tell how poor the drywall was installed. The main issue is it appears as if they didn't grade our property correctly. The Developer had to take some of our property to try to make the drainage system compliant. Matthew Wineman (VP of Ops at Lennar) said, "There's no code for grading in "County"". Matthew Wineman said he'd rather go to court over the issue rather than to do the right thing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I purchased a newly constructed Lennar home in April. I am very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. I had an inspection done prior to closing. My inspector found a long list of issues. Once I moved in the problems continued. I had to clean the entire house from top to bottom before I could move in. There was paint all over the floor and cabinets which was extremely difficult to remove. Door handles fell off, faucets came lose in the master shower and guest bathtub, sprinkler system broke resulting in a $220 water bill, cabinets doors were crooked, cabinets drawers were not secure because the railings were not long enough to screw in, sheet rock dust and mud was everywhere, gate latch broke and my dog got out, blinds were not properly sized, chips in bathtubs, doorbell stopped working, outside dryer lint duct was not properly installed which could have resulted in a fire.

The list goes on and on. If I were Lennar I would be embarrassed to have my name associated with a home in this condition. Buying a home is a sizable investment and I understand there will be a few issues that will need attention. However, most of my issues could have been prevented with proper management and quality control. I will never buy a Lennar home again.

Lennar Homes Company Information