2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

lennar.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Lennar Homes Reviews

Original review: March 4, 2020

No company can stay in business very long if all they know how to say is no!!! We thought we had a very pleasant experience when we went in to talk to the sales person. While we were there a man came in to inquire about the color of his house. We asked about that because we thought he should have picked on already. We were informed that Lennar picks the colors. I exclaimed that we didn't want a brown house. There were only two of the approved colors that we liked. One in particular which was a taupe color with teal shutters and doors. Since those are the colors I want inside, it was perfect. Also, my mom, my husband and I never agree on anything like that!!! We were told by the sales person that she would do what ever she could to get the colors we wanted and had me write them down.

She said she was going to a meeting that Monday and would inquire. She also said that the building people have not liked when she asked before but since she doesn't do it often she would ask them. Also, she said that we should go into contract in December for them to start building in January. And that she would try to get them to close in November since that is the end of the fiscal year for them and she would be able to get closing costs and upgraded flooring for us. 6 months later and we just signed the contract. They refuse to change the color of the house to one of the other approved color pallets (by the way, I am a designer so color is incredibly important to me!) They are trying to tell me that the color of the house is part of the permit.

I deal with the most strict districts for permitting and have never heard that the color of the house is required for the permit. Also, If I can change the type of flooring still, how come I can change the color of the house!! I think this information is not truthful! Also, only part of the closing costs were covered and no flooring upgrade!! Also, if we want to change the flooring to Luxury Vinyl, it was 40k to do that!!! Ridiculous!!! The company I work for would have done it for 21k, to bad I'm moving to another state. They only offer 2 colors of cabinets(which are completely cheap and the only convenience they include is a trash cabinet) and 2 granites and 2 quartzes.

That is it for anything you can change (also, the backsplash). Be prepared for bottom of the line materials in every way. The tub and shower are plastered with cheap vinyl (no tile), the standard flooring in wet areas is sheet vinyl, cheap carpet everywhere else! I foresee spending at least 100-150k to fix this house! You might be wondering why I am still buying it. We are moving to Vegas with my mother and they have a NextGen suite model that lets her (and us) have privacy. She will have her own kitchenette, bathroom and laundry! There is only one of those on the market in all of Vegas right now for resale and it is in Henderson, we want to be in north Vegas near family. We also don't want to wait another year and be stuck with the same issue!!

If you don't need the nextgen, save yourself the headache! I spoke to a custom builder earlier and it is about 100-150k more to build with him! Had I realize all of this, I would have started that process. It is too late in the game for that now since our houses are already for sale! I hope they are happy, I will be posting this everywhere I can!!! I hope I have helped you to make a better decision than I made!!

Original review: March 4, 2020

Beware of Lennar homes they DO NOT offer any options to their cookie cutter new construction homes in Florida. I gave them a deposit and changed my mind the next business day and they refused to return my $2500 deposit money.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I purchased a Lennar home in April 2017. Two months after living there the face plate off my dishwasher broke off. I called their customer care guy who said he didn't know how what happened and said he couldn't fix it. Then my dishwasher completely stopped working. Their customer care guy was very busy with all the other Lennar homes that have been built in our very large housing development so he assured me he would get to it even if it went past the year warranty. We had a good working relationship and I trusted him because he had fixed the other walk through issues.

My year expires and I continually call him with him finally coming over to tell me that he doesn't know why that has happened and that they will check with his subs and see if he can troubleshoot it. This goes on for months and I get tired of not having a dishwasher in my brand new house. I call GE because that is who Lennar uses for appliances. The technician come out and tells me that the face off my dishwasher fell off because it was installed wrong (attached his explanation). He said it was not centered correctly so every time we closed the dishwasher it was hitting the face against the sides of the cabinets. Then he checked for power and said it was completely dead and it was getting no power to the appliance.He said it was electrical and Lennar's subs had not installed it correctly and that he couldn't get behind the wall to see it. He wasn't an electrician so he said it was probably the panel defaulting.

The servicemen then tested the appliance to see if it was defective at all and it was completely functional. He plugged it in with an extension cord in another outlet in the kitchen and it turned right on. He even looked at the breakers to try to troubleshoot it further which wasn't his job. He recommended that I get a hold of Lennar and have them fix it since it was very apparent that none of these issues were my doing. He felt bad about charging me the $175 fee just for coming out.

Once again I contacted them and was told that GE was the one that installed it so it's their problem. I explained that it was their sub for appliances and I bought a new house with a dishwasher that doesn't work. I even showed him the statement from the GE serviceman that he gave me and he continued to blame them. The GE product works. It wasn't installed correctly so the face broke off and the electrical behind it doesn't work that Lennar's subs did! He then told me he would look into it and every time I message him he ignores me. Now when I want to use my dishwasher we have to run a long extension cord to the other side of the kitchen to get power to it.

As this all continues to transpire my bathtub faucet falls off so we only had one shower for 2 months because the customer care guy took forever to send me the model number so I could use the warranty to replace it. I then had to pay someone to install it. Shortly after my kitchen sink faucet fell off with the same response from their rep. I just got the model number yesterday and I have to now get a hold of Moen to order the product which takes about 3 weeks to get.

I am a single mom so to have to deal with all this has been difficult and expensive. I bought a brand new, very expensive home so I wouldn't have to deal with all of this. The home I owned previously for 17 issues never had these issues so Lennar has been a huge disappointment. I wait all this time to post a review because they kept saying they were going to help me but they were just putting me off. Even when I told them I had no other choice but to post a review, they did not respond.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Lennar charges name brand prices for knock off products. Been in my brand new house less than 2 years and already had roof, water, floor, beam, bathroom issues. Lennar doesn't stand by their houses. I have submitted well over 10 service request. The shingles on my roof were poorly installed and now I have significant water damage upstairs and they won't fix the issue even though area manager Eddie said he would. My son's bathroom has had issues with the plumbing. Even the plumber told me it was installed incorrectly and my son has warped wood and cracks and possible mold because of water that had been sitting and Lennar won't fix it now even though I had this issue once before. My son's health could be at risk aside from him hurting himself and the issue only getting worse but they don't care.

My floor is already separating downstairs and they told me that I would need to re-caulk the whole floor whenever this happens. Less than 2 years in what I thought was a brand new house. What do I have to look forward to for the next 28 years. Don't buy a Lennar home. You will regret it. The area manager Eddie said that the director of construction Jared said they wouldn't do the repairs but Jared hasn't talked to me or come to see my issues. Lennar won't even step up to you. They send the poor middle man Julian to do their dirty work. Lennar uses cheap contractors to build your house. That has been told to me by the good contractors that they had to send out for some repairs.

Lennar is a nightmare. I would never wish this headache and tears on anyone. We work so hard to get our first home only to wish we never met Lennar. I am not asking them to rebuild my house just to fix what they did wrong. I am going to fight for my right as a homeowner and what should be done. Lennar just wants your money and sleeps fine at night knowing the crap houses they are building. They don't care about you as a person only the body that is buying their cheap built houses. I don't even feel safe putting my kids upstairs because I don't know that they are secure or exposed to mold. How can Lennar put their customers, their homeowner through this. Reputation is everything and for me they are a waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Such a disappointing experience... Spent $400,000 on a home that’s just junk construction. Our home wasn’t finished on date of closing so we constantly had trades in our home finishing work. Six months later we continue to have issues. The quality is just so poor. Customer service is SO bad so when you do have an issue you won’t get much help. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this builder.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The process of helping my client purchase a Lennar home has been unpleasant from the beginning. The representative was very aggressive in getting my client to sign a contract for a home that she estimated to be completed around the end of February. Then when the estimated date had to be pushed nearly two months due to a supposed failure to acquire permits, we were told that Lennar can take up to two years to finish the home and still be inside their obligations. However, the contract specifies that my client would be expected to pay $100/day if he were to delay the closing even one day.

The contracts are overwhelmingly slanted to protect Lennar and give individuals little recourse if they make mistakes that cost the buyer time and money. I would highly discourage purchasing a home directly from Lennar. Resale contracts provided by licensed Realtors are designed to EQUALLY protect both parties. If you must buy a Lennar, buy it from someone in a resale transaction. DO NOT BUY A NEW CONSTRUCTION!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

There were many things wrong with this purchased house but they were fixed eventually. Most importantly, the water main hook up outside broke twice and I'm waiting for it to go again. Now I find out that ceiling fan electricals are not installed correctly, but after many years it is out of warranty of course. Never ending bad workmanship and quality issues. House is insulated well and is very important for this climate. Otherwise, I would NOT recommend this builder or check and verify everything up front before the warranty runs out.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

A few weeks ago, I contacted Lennar after I realized that there was some missing parts in the windows of my daughter’s room. (Outside frame that support the glass.) This was a dangerous mistake and it has put my family in a very risky situation during hurricane season. I understand that my house warranty expired a few months ago, but this error was impossible to see during a walk through since the missing part is the exterior frame of the window, I found it out because we had damages caused by water near the window (please see attached picture). Lennar just declined my request and their customer service department doesn’t even respond my emails or phone calls. If a hurricane hit my house which it was suppose to have category 5 impact windows, the winds will blow the glass away.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My husband & I purchased a coach home in Lakewood Ranch, FL that was built in 2018. All of the GE appliances that came with the purchase were non-negotiable and sub-standard. You are required to take them even if you want to upgrade on your own. Also, the design of electrical outlets requires improvement. In the open concept living space, it is necessary to run electrical cords for lamps under a rug and then hide the portion that plugs into the wall outlet with masking tape or a decorative plant, etc. to minimize the risk of tripping over the wire.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Good morning: I, Alvin **, owner of ** submitting an original dispute and lawsuit to Lennar Company and Cypress Texas Insurance whom been charging for services not provided and I have submit original invoices and explanation letter after multiple agents came to my property including Jefferson ** and NOBODY wants to provide fair reimburse for this case. Houses built in months that has broken water heaters and additional structure in less than 5 years old and home insurance company unwilling to provide payment that client has paid out of pocket.

As a member of Winfield lake I will make sure everyone know and spread about this fraud and mislead process by these companies against citizens, this is mislead and fraudulent process including insurance company such as Cypress Texas Insurance Company. This is my phone **. We will continue spreading this ABUSE, PEOPLE BE AWARE! Alvin

Lennar Homes Company Information