Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.2/5 (51 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

They are made of the cheapest materials and customer service is horrible. My sidewalk cracked in half in under 5 years. They don't cover this in their warranty. Now I have to pay for the inferior cement they use. I wonder how long it will take to start having foundation problems. The biggest mistake I ever made was buying a Lennar Home.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

We purchased a brand new home from Lennar in November 2018, it was supposed to be a move in ready with minor finishing touches needing to be completed. Initially we had electrical issues and for the first few weeks half of the house had faulty electrics. We could not even turn lights on in our kids rooms and had to run extension leads into rooms to have lights. Every time we plugged in our vacuum cleaner it would trip the breaker. This was reported and trusting Lennar it eventually in our minds got resolved.

We had a few roof leaks, our smart home never worked right, pool pump ground was disconnected after pool pump broke in the first month, our AC was not working correctly ducting was kinked, stove tripped breakers, front door smart lock didn't work well, we have mold in the roof. Over time we found that the garage door/seal leaked and we had the pavers moved and garage door inspected and the paver guy blamed the garage door and the garage door guys blamed the pavers. This went on for about a 6 months and is still not fixed correctly.

We had totally lost confidence in Lennar's warranty and workmanship so we decided to get a home inspection and report form a home inspector. Well that highlighted the fact that the work was not only below standards but actually dangerous. The electrical company that Lennar used to fix the faults actually disconnected the ground to a few breakers. That is definitely not to code and downright dangerous. Our year warranty came and went, Lennar do not respond to any emails and claims for warranty and actually put the electrics back to the faulty state so we cannot even use a vacuum cleaner! We have the report of the faults and are now being ignored and think for a company this size they are definitely not honoring their warranty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We had purchased a lennar built new home, there are lots around our house where Lennar is building new homes. The problem caused by one of the Lennar's new home construction manager, they have graded the soil so high that it kind of piles soil/dirt against my wooden fence. The new home construction manager is not aware of the standards that the grading should be below the fence level. I contacted new home construction manager, she made false promises and never responded to my email requests. The warranty service department is not responding either by throwing the ball into the new construction department. I would say the Lennar doesn't respect the properties around when they are building, so my next home is not going to be a lennar built.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We had a great experience with Lennar and their entire customer service employees while building our home in Utah. Amazing workmanship, high quality material, and amazing service throughout the building process!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Don't complain about anything with your Lennar home. My family and I have been living in our Lennar home only a year now and have experienced many issues which we made some complaints - not all. After several complaints about the home, requesting repairs for certain issues - We believe the thermostat and other apparatus can be controlled remotely, so don't piss off Lennar.

Another complaint - Our thermostat was not working properly upstairs. I complained to the representative about our AC not working properly, that we turned on the thermostat upstairs to cool. Normally, it would come on right away, but the air did not come on for hours in the night. The next evening, it did not come on at all. At times there is noise in the walls like a buzzing sound, there is dust coming out of the vents or from somewhere in the house. Some of the cabinets have patchy paint on it and some have swelled.

The promise of hot water coming on right away is not true as was bragged about - instant heat. Two cannot take baths at the same time or the pressure will run low in one bathroom and someone will have a cold shower. We found a crack on our tub and the subcontractor did not patch it correctly. Had to come back to fix it and there was a new scratch he tried to hide, but a little wipe and it was very apparent.

We had to put our treadmill away since the outlets could not handle the treadmill with the TV on at the same time. We cannot have TV and fireplace going at the same time for too long. I inquired to increase the voltage, but was told they could not do anything about it, that it was per new CA code. One of the laminate wood was uneven under the carpet which got somewhat fixed and we have to be careful going up the stairs or we could get poked by nails underneath. There are creeks on some parts of the floor. We rather not ask for help or there may be more problems after supposedly being fixed.

We believe you can be remotely watched and/or heard in your home if they choose and can control other apparatus in the home, so don't complain or your house will be - the center of attraction - or you could be the problem child - for unwanted attention. Have the problems fixed by someone outside Lennar. Have a complete home inspection done by someone who knows and understands how smart homes work - ensure they are CA licensed. Check for hidden cameras, wiring, smart home setup and ensure no one else can control the apparatus in the home remotely.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I was never told about the wireless switches for my home into about. My final walk into closing. That I have wireless switches. I still didn’t understand about what they meant about wireless switches into I replaced the battery on one of them. It's not even on my contact. I been having problems with these switches. You can’t even buy them at Lowe’s or Home Depot. It’s going to be a problem when the warranty runs out. I had 5 work orders done for my garbage disposal switch already. The batteries are expensive.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

We were lied to by the sales agent, ignored, never contacted, no follow up and left completely ignored. We applied for the approval through their mortgage company Eagle and the same thing. Ignored, no contact, no follow up and no service. We are buyers, check in hand, but this company has the worst customer service we have ever experienced. Buyer beware of this company.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The Lennar Homes are not priced competitive compared to adjacent homes. They will try to sell the buyers the homes they want to sell by pricing the other nicer homes high. Once you buy the home they will sell the other homes at much lower price immediately reducing your home value. I would say don’t choose this builder and buy from a seller. They are way more honest to customers than Lennar. Also pay attention to key details in your home before buying it as you will be surprised some basic services like granite seal is not done after you buy the home.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Anyone reading this considering building a home in North West Indiana should look elsewhere. Nothing but problem after problem and customer service sucks. They were out 4 times for leaking shower, wood floor installed with gaps not to noticeably at first took 6 times till they finally did it right with out half ass workmanship, 3 times for squeaky floors you can see in basement how many nails missed the floor rafters. They had to also come back for unfinished trim in closet, a couple outlets and lights stopped working. Yes I checked the bulb. There are other interior problems that were fixed that I can’t remember all of them.

Driveway looks horrible with pitting all over it then they tried sealing it after the damage and now sealer just pops off with concrete of course. After many meetings and the BS run around they are not going to do anything saying it’s from the salt falling off our trucks. Total BS. We park in the garage. Front sidewalk to front door sank and still waiting for them to fix this. This they said last year they would get to replacing it. Still is not done. Unfortunately between our jobs there’s not a lot of time to constantly be on them to fix everything. It took many hours of calls and staying home from work to get them to fix stuff that should not need fixing in a new home. We moved in Nov 2017 and now in Nov 2019 they still aren't done fixing their mess ups. They treat you like you know nothing. Don’t make the same mistake my wife and I made.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Whatever you do, please do your research, do not buy Lennar. The homes are built with cheap materials, the contractors and subcontractors are very unprofessional and cut corners. We purchased our home 5 months and it has been a nightmare. Multiple serious issues, horrible customer service, and unresponsive upper management. Spend a little more and buy from another builder, I'm stuck with this home now. We spend all our savings on this. Don't be fooled by their warranty, if it is under their "standards" they will refuse to take responsibility and you're left hanging. Signing their contract means you agree to not take the issues to court. Do not make the same mistake we made!

Resolution response: Oct. 26, 2020

Issue was resolved.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We bought a brand new home from Lennar on October 11, 2018. We've had numerous problems with the construction of the house and dealing with warranty people. Then on September 24, 2019, we discovered extensive mold infestation, with air spore tests at very dangerous levels. During our home inspection and walkthrough, we asked our construction manager multiple times about the mildew smell. The smell was so awful that I covered my nose when in the basement. He told us that it was just a new construction smell and he assured us that everything was normal. We even sent the email asking the construction manager if the air was safe a couple of days after we moved in. Our builder failed to disclose the significant water damage during the construction that we have since observed on the stairs and that no doubt contributed to the mold.

When we asked our builder to remediate, the builder sent an incompetent remediation team from Adco who cut the drywalls, disturbed mold, and sprayed chemicals without ever covering vents or telling us to get out first. They even said it was safe to stay. Myself, my husband, toddler, and later my kids were home from school. My kids got so sick that day and the next day, they missed school. Adco also told us that there was no mold found in the second floor, and in one of their untreated basement test holes, after cutting out the drywall. That was clearly untrue.

Adco assured us that they found all the mold and cleaned it on Sept 25 and they were coming back two days later to fog the whole house. We obtained the report by an independent mold remediation company who we hired and inspected our home on Sept 30. According to the report, we have 97,977 sq/m3 Penicillium/Aspergillus group in basement alone. Anything over 1,000 is very dangerous according to the expert.

Due to such elevated mold exposure, our kids, my husband, and myself have frequently been sick. Soon after moving into our new house, our then infant son started getting sick. He had a hard time breathing and had six ear infections, which was not normal for him before moving here, and which required surgery to put drainage tubes in ears. His speech developmental delay, confirmed by the county specialists, we think was a result of hearing difficulties from those infections. My six year old and eight year old children started having respiratory problems, getting nauseous and dizzy almost every day when they come home. They often vomit and missed school and other activities due to the mold exposure. My husband also missed many days of work because of the mold related sickness.

We sent our mold report to the Lennar and our home is still not habitable. We have been living in a hotel for over a month now. Our nightmare seems to be never ending since the purchase of our "dream home" from Lennar.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Prior to the purchase of our Lennar Home we were assured by a real estate professional that the builder’s negative reputation was overblown and was, in fact, in line with other track builders. It now seems that those assurances were most likely the result of the extremely generous “bonuses” (I.e. bribes) paid to referring agents. We wish we would have gone with our gut and not purchased this $500,000 nightmare. Below is a short summary of the issues we’ve encountered in a few short months:

1. The build quality is just horrendous. At move in, you walk through with a Lennar rep to identify any obvious issues with the house. Something was wrong in literally every room, ranging from shoddy paint, to uneven walls, to leaky pipes and windows. The floors in several of the rooms also creek as though the house is 20+ years old.

2. I strongly suspect that they are routinely using illegal contractors in the construction process. I ran a license search on one contractor which turned out to be a dissolved entity (meaning the work they were performing was almost certainly illegal).

3. We learned from one of the many contractors who have entered our home since our move in that Lennar typically pays “by the piece”, which incentivized the contractors to slap things up as fast as possible. Lennar then has a “finishing crew” come through and “fix” (I.e. hide) any issues that inevitably arise from these shoddy practices.

4. Construction starts at 7:00 a.m. sharp. And, they are not shy about starting “prep” for construction outside your window as early as 5:30. It doesn’t matter that there are only a couple lots remaining in the neighborhood, or that these are $500k+ homes sold to families. The noise (often in excess of 100 decibels inside) starts at 7:00 a.m. The infuriating thing (especially for those with little ones) is that it usually stops around noon. So, they could be decent human beings and push things back a couple hours. They simply choose to do otherwise. I would say that the loudest construction happens between 7-10 in the morning.

5. In Florida, the counties more or less allow track builders to do whatever they want during construction. Noise ordinances don’t apply if you have a construction permit. Neither do parking rules. Between 7 a.m and 9 p.m., they basically operate with impunity. So, if they want to use a jackhammer outside your window at 7 a.m. on a federal holiday, they do. If they decide to bust up the side walk behind your driveway at 8:00 a.m. on a weekday (and trap you from going to work) they do that too...

6. They draft the association bylaws and covenants to effectively allow themselves to do whatever they want. For example, the bylaws state that many, if not most, of the rules don’t apply to the builder. Lennar then gives itself a separate class of voting interests to effectively give themselves control until of the community until the last home is sold (which could be years). Then, they appoint a disinterested management company to do nothing beyond satisfy basic legal requirements. It took nearly 2 months to get a simple backyard fence approved because they basically just decided to not meet to review applications one month. Our bylaws hilariously (and in contrast to legitimate associations) say that outdoor construction applications not approved within 30 days are deemed denied. Effectively, if they don’t do their jobs and get around to reviewing your fence, pool, or enclosure application, it’s simply deemed denied.

7. The Lennar sales agents view you as a mark. As soon as the shoddy home is sold, the con is complete. Lennar will sell your mortgage off as quickly as possibly (usually before the first payment is due) and expeditiously wash their hands of the shoddy home and community they’ve left.

8. As others have noted, if you have a family and can actually afford a $500k home, it would be best not to buy in a Lennar community because you will be in the minority. Most buyers in our neighborhood are either Chinese nationals parking their money in the U.S. and acting as absentee landlords, or “multi-generational” households with 3-4 working adults. I cringe to think what is going to happen to the property values and foreclosure rates in this community when even a modest recession occurs.

In sum, Lennar is a parasite. They take advantage of loose property and construction laws in certain parts of the country to buy up vast swaths of land in high housing demand areas. They then throw up these homes as quickly and cheaply as possible (without any consideration given to existing or future owners); bribe the real estate agents to convince you that their garbage isn’t really that bad; push through mortgages that may or may not be up to par; sell off said mortgages within days of closing; and then move on to the next one.

Their entire model depends on booming housing demand and limited to no other options. Their default response to nearly every issue is effectively “sue us.” I regret every day that we ever got involved with them, and am already looking forward to selling this disaster of a house and uprooting my family again to get the heck out of here as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I understand we will not get a perfect home, but if you have to make payments on your mortgage every month and you see a reminder in every corner of "what is Lennar doing so we can move on?" We have repairs that are over 10 months old and many more over months old. There is no response or time on when you will receive a call. Actually I haven't received a call in over a month with over 12 tickets that I opened up. I should've known when the salesperson said that they are the biggest home builder in the world. The is no more touch to customer satisfaction here, at least at Cooper Creek.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I contacted Lennar homes for some information pertaining to the homes they offer and the homes floor plans. I received multiple emails, 6 in total from Anthony **, I assume a salesman for the company. When I told him what I was looking for and what my timeline was for a new home I received no response at all. I have worked in a customer service oriented business for over 20 years, I would NEVER ignore a customer. What Anthony didn’t know is that between family and friends who are planning moves in the Tampa area if he had done his job he might have had at the very least 3 immediate sales and 2 (including mine) in the future. Now I have recommended to those family members and friends not to use Lennar. Congratulations to Anthony! You lost 5 potential sales!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I was 1 of 18 people picketing Saturday 10/12/19 on Green Pond Road in Rockaway Township, NJ at the entrance to the Lennar "The Hills" development. All of us are owner-residents at the Lennar "Fox Ridge" community, also located in Rockaway Township, NJ, which Lennar completed and turned over to our COA in 2017.

Our COA contracted an expert engineering firm and paid for studies which identified significant building, retaining wall, road, sidewalk, grounds and storm drainage defects. This report was turned over to Lennar over 1 year ago.

As of today, 2+ years later, Lennar has failed to address, resolve or even discuss the millions of dollars worth of construction defects and horrible road, sidewalk, drainage conditions that we are living with and being forced to spend our COA money to fix some problems that are Lennar's responsibility but require immediate attention. In addition, Rockaway Township holds a Lennar bond for the roads, drainage, curbs and sidewalks but has been ineffective in getting Lennar to do anything to correct the problems. All we wish to do is to begin a dialog with Lennar about doing what they promised when we all bought our newly constructed Lennar condominiums. Thanks for listening... we will fight and picket for our rights!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We purchased a home in a newly built Single-family Homes subdivision from Lennar Homes only to find out that more than half of the homes in that subdivision was sold to Chinese Investors who in turn rented them out to people who have several roommates (some houses have 7 roommates). We thought we were purchasing a house in a regular nice neighborhood. We were not told that it was a Rental Property Neighborhood. This roommate-type line the streets with cars and it looks like a ghetto. We spent more than 1/2 million for the house and most of the time our driveway is blocked by cars because so many people live in one house. Lennar Homes should not have sold some of the houses to regular homeowners and just sold it all to Chinese Investors and keep the neighborhood a Rental Neighborhood. Very very disappointed in my purchase and being misled my Lennar Homes.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have build 2 other homes prior to building with Lennar and this was, by far, the worst experience. Lennar is unresponsive to problems because they have so much turnover that our issues keep getting pushed to someone else. Our entire neighborhood is up in arms. We have had so many electrical issues with our house and Lennar is taking their good 'ole time to fix them even though the appliance technicians said the problems are fire hazards. Our yard is an absolute disaster. We have tried for 5 months to grow grass. We've hired a company to help us. They have said the good soil was removed from our lot and junk was put in with so many rocks and branches. Unless we have 4 inches of topsoil brought in, it will be nearly impossible to grow any grass.

Our subfloor on the second floor has a giant hump in it. A sub came out to fix it only to realize another sub is needed. Twice, the subs have been scheduled and no one shows up. So, I've have had the carpet upstairs removed for 2 months waiting for Lennar to reschedule the subs. The lack of communication with the warranty/customer care department is atrocious. We are not nit-picky people. There are so many other small issues that are unacceptable in our home but my husband and I will fix them ourselves. But the problems listed above should be address by Lennar but they are doing absolutely nothing after 4 months of emails, phone calls, and walk-throughs. We know things aren't perfect in a new home and we don't expect them to be but when there are major electrical issues, I would've hope they would fix that immediately. We build our last two homes with Ryan Homes and we thought Lennar would be a step up, boy were we wrong.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Lennar Homes is a company that does not care about the quality and satisfaction of their customers. They build thousands of homes with low-quality materials and non-professional labor. I have a 3 years old home and everything is failing now. Walls are damp, pipes are leaking, water is coming out of the outlets, floors are cracking, the list goes on. If you have worked hard and you are ready to buy a house, I urge you to avoid Lennar. They don't care about your dreams or about the quality of the place in which you and your family will live. They just care about making money.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Our experience with Lennar was one word: NIGHTMARE. We would never consider another Lennar home and advise all our friends to stay away from Lennar.

1. House quality is much lower than what we are expecting. With over half million dollars for this new house, we did not expect that many issues, defects, and imperfections with the house when we had our first walk-through nor on the many walk-throughs afterwards. Our house was originally scheduled to close on 12/30, but instead we closed it on 2/11 due to the overwhelming amount of issues, defects and problems identified by both our inspector and us. Normally, the final walk-through should just happen once, but for us, we lost count of how many “final” walk-throughs that we had and how many times we went back to the house just to find the exact same issues and problems that had not been not fixed - but still the Lennar team was still hoping for us to sign-off AS IS. We had to hire our inspector to go back four times to keep checking on the original issues/problems he identified in the inspection report to ensure things are getting fixed.

The problems with the house vary from big ones like ugly fish-mouths on the roof, mold/fungus inside, wavy siding, plumbing issues/leakage, wall damage with sheetrock removal/repair, to cosmetic ones like cracks on the hardwood floor, uneven fireplace stone, painting dots throughout the hardwood floor on 1st floor and carpet on 2nd and 3rd, caulking missed in some places, etc. etc. At the end, some issues were still not addressed in the inspection report and we were "rushed" and "forced" by the construction manager to close the house.

2. One big item that was not addressed is the HVAC unit was installed right next to the bedroom window (we actually had to pay extra to upgrade this room into a bedroom with a full bath downstairs). The plan is for my parents to use when they are here. Now when they are here, the unit produces so much noise over night that impacts their ability to sleep. My mom also has neurasthenia and this is making her sick. Ear-plugs work temporary but irritates her skin with over usage. When we contacted Lennar leadership: Mark ** who is the CEO of the company? Allen ** - constructer head? Robin ** - customer care director. None of them really cares about solution for us or wants to shoulder responsibility. There are so much more to talk about this company which is beyond words can describe. My advice to you all is: stay away from them if you want your life in peace.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We bought a Condo at Greenbriar Fox Ridge in Wharton, NJ in 2017. After the first year they did do a walk through and did fix a couple of Crack tiles and sent a check for minor cracks in the walls, They did not however tell you that if you live on the first floor of the building all the settling happens after the 2nd to 3rd year and then you have major cracks all over. They seem to use partial instead of full sheetrock and as it starts to settle then their sheetrock flattens like a pancake. We had them come in but got the runaround. We know there was back fill to the back of our building and are trying to confirm that with the town. They are now done building and are trying to get their bond back from the town without finishing the work to the streets from the trucks and the patching they have done. It just seems that we will all have to get together and do a class action suit.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I applied at Lennar Homes at Trinity Crossing in Forney TX and got denied on my application and I tried to reach my builder Nichol ** at that location. He tell me that I have to wait until I get the denial letter in order to get my $1000 dollars back, I got the letter and told him and he tells me that it will take a while for me to get the refund. It have been since August 2019.

It is now October and I already have close on a house at a much lower interest rate and the new Builder took the time and help and guide me and I have moved in to my new Home that is gated community and cost much less than what they was trying to sell it to me for, but any way I have tried to reach Nichol and left him several voice mails. He would never answer my calls, and it's funny when you in the process they will call you, but once you get turn down you cannot reach them. You have to go though corporate and take so many actions to get your refund. Do not believe everything they tell you out there. Just be careful.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

We purchased a home from Lennar, Arborwood Preserve, Ft Myers, FL., 33913.and closed on September 19, 2019. Big mistake! Should have closed when the house was completely finished and presented itself as a new home. We have bathtub issues, paint, paver, framework, windows, lanai issues and the list goes on and on. We had the carpet taken out and had tile installed to match the rest of the home since it was a speck home. Upon taking up the carpet, and pad the floor was filthy! You couldn't go barefoot for all the dirt from construction, nails etc., and the tile installer had to scrape paint off the floor before they could install the tile. The house was so full of dust. What in the hell was the construction manager doing? BTW he put in a two weeks notice after we closed. That should tell you something.

So much for moving into a new home and trying to settle in with all the repairs that need to be completed. Talk about an inconvenience. Please, do not close on your home until it is perfect. Make it right, hold their feet to the burner. That way Lennar doesn't get their money until you're satisfied. You might want to think twice before buying a home from Lennar.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

My Experience at Lennar at Traditions. Went to see the home. Tells 415 is the price and available. Ask to get the preapproval then I went and came back next day with pre-approval. Now tells that some else is ready to buy the house and the house price is 420 now and he can't sell. Have to call his manager through realtor and get the contract signed. The next day I get an promotions email that house is price 13k less. The Date to close the house is Oct 1st. Aug 7th met with Builder and says that next week going to install the sheet rock and dry wall.

Sep 5th met with the build. Sheet rock not installed. Says, "Next week we going to install the sheet rock." Sep 29th called Sales Person to know more about it. Now tell sheet rock will be installed and say it will be installed next week. When I said that I will be going on Vacation from Nov 22nd they said the closing date is moved to Nov 18th which is 4 days before my vacation. When I was asking more questions on the the sales rep says "you are from where!! Are you Asian. Call your agent to call us". Living in this country for 12 years this is first time some making a racist comment. Make me feel so depressing. I really for signing a contract Lennar. As of today Oct 4th dry wall is not installed as the closing was suppose to be on Oct 1st. Also they are few more issue which I will update once I get Changes.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Do your research folks! We are in the middle of a legal process with Lennar; talk to people [not suggested by sales], but talk to people in your neighborhood, on playgrounds and ask about their experiences. Once you see red flags, just walk away. Here is our story. It took 10-11 months to build our house in the Dallas area (the process was not easy as the builder/ subcontractors made many mistakes and we had to fight plenty to correct them).

About two weeks before the closing in July of 2018, a water leak in/around the kitchen island became apparent. It was due to the poor workmanship of the plumber. Lennar promised that everything would be fixed by the date of closing, but of course that was not the case. Lennar lied to us in regards to having fixed all of the affected areas in the kitchen. We believed Lennar as it reassured us that we would have no issues going forward and that all was fixed. Lennar didn’t replace all affected areas by water. Four days after closing it was confirmed we needed repairs.

The whole process was a nightmare, it dragged from weeks to months of disruption. It caused my home based business to collapse, my hubby took off from work several days, we cancelled kids’ activities after school. During the repairs we had asked Lennar to bring a third party to test the damaged area. They promised they would, however they pushed it four months later, and, to our surprise, brought the same guys to test their own work. Conflict of interest, illegal practices and false promises. Finally fed up, we hired our own team, did our own testing, and in light of the results and repairs still needed, plus additional outstanding issues, we ended up getting legal help. There is a lot more to the story, but our advice for you is to stay away from Lennar.

Don't buy Lennar; don't count on their promises, there's no integrity displayed. They will cut any and all corners they can. We will continue to expose Lennar in the DFW area; we will continue to post, edit and add to our reviews, social media, reach out to news throughout our journey of fighting Lennar and their fraudulent practices and refusals of taking ownership of their mistakes, until everyone in this area knows the quality of the services they provide, integrity they display and illegal practices they approve.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Leander, TX-new construction. How had a laundry list of little things that were overseen by all the sub contractors that they hire. Door frames uneven leaving gaps when door attached, all my lights hum, sticky tape residue left everywhere, did not receive any set up tools or some appliance manuals, when asked for certain items was told in one sentence “not a warrantable item” with no help to figure out solution, gaps between garage door and frame had to add extra foam to close, just a lot of little things that get frustrating. Overall poor customer service. Would never buy a Lennar home again, was skeptical at first but not many options in my area in that price range. Also their mortgage company was a NIGHTMARE to work with, they almost delayed my closing.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

If I was only going to own a home for a year or less I still would not buy Lennar. Typical corporation only interested in max profit. They hire subs that will do the job as cheaply as possible and then encourage them to cut corners by cheaping out on them in every possible way. In the end, their buyers are the losers.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Watercrest in Venice. Went into contract on new construction in Feb 2018 for home to be completed Oct 2018. Then they delayed closing until Nov 30 2019. Then they called me and moved it up to mid November (to meet closing quotas) and there was a "punch list" that still needed to be completed. They did over the course of a month correct those items. The Project Manager and the Salesman that sold me the house stayed on top of that list. However, 8 months later after heavy rain when I was away, a friend went over to check the house and the ceiling was leaking into my living room.

Called Chuck ** from Home Warranty who did have the roof fixed, apparently it was a problem with initial roof construction and then the ceiling fixed (Sheetrock) in the Living Room. That was done terribly. You could see the patchwork, it was unacceptable on my brand new house. Chuck agreed to have another contractor come in and replace all of the sheetrock in the ceiling, which requires all of my lighting to come down, then repaint, and clean the home.

Its been almost 6 weeks since the initial complaint and I am still waiting for them to show up to do this 3 day job. I will post more when the job is complete. I also have had a water problem on the side of my home which Chuck told me was taken care of. It was a grading problem, however, it is still staying soaked like a sponge in some areas, and Chuck advised me it's because it's rainy season. That's a bunch of crap. I have owned property in Florida for over 20 years and have never had a yard soaked like a sponge in any season. I have a complaint in for that as well. Keep you posted!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Dishonest pricing. In short: We were told the home was a certain price by the salesperson and now two months before the potential closing the manager bumped the price nearly $100k higher. Watch out excited families for big $$$ surprises.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I didn't wanted to go through the trouble of fixing and small projects in old home so I went for a new town home. I was told any quality issue/damage that you could see will be fixed with our 1 year warranty. I reported major issues like water leaks, floor making sounds, broken cabinets and so on. All the major damages were neglected and was never fixed. They made arguments after arguments of why it cannot be fixed but never fixed any major issue.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

It's hard to read all of these reviews be excited about Lennar, but I thought to provide my honest feedback. First off, no home is perfect, even if new. If you expect that, then the home sale price should have two commas in it, not one. That said, I have had the same cosmetic issues, minor delays, and general warranty concerns others have outlined. I have had nothing but a positive experience with the group that built our home and would like to publicly thank Dan ** for his quick responses and service.

Now that we are in the 2nd month I have submitted a couple of small warranty claims only to be responded to right away and then contacted by Dan on an update/answer/resolution. Service comes down to two things. 1. A process (that being the warranty claim on the website) and 2. the individual conducting the service. Dan has shined in every aspect to make our experience as positive as possible. I hope nothing changes and we don't experience issues others have described, but thanks to Lennar and our construction team for their care to make our service as good as advertised.

-Chris and Steph