lennar.com

1.2/5 (54 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: March 22, 2021

Lost key community in Perdido key/ Pensacola Florida is a good name because it is lost. Marina, yacht club call it what you want. It’s no longer there. Oh the condos and homes still are but thanks to sally the Marina and dry storage facilities are damaged to say the least. And there is no plan communicated to the owners as to what Lennar is going to do, when they will start doing it or when it will be completed. General consensus by other owners says Lennar has no plans to rebuild the marina or dry storage facility due in part to the fact they want to sell it. Think twice about buying in a Lennar community. Hurricane hits you will be left on your own. I’m looking to get out and take my losses. The stress Lennar creates is not worth it. Terrible company run by very well off people that do not care about you as a customer.

Original review: March 5, 2021

We bought the house from Lennar, the house looked nice, but after 2 months, the breaker stop working, the company lennar sent us an electrician, they checked it, they said it works fine, since then they sent us electrician about four times, we told them multiple times, the switch inside the breaker it turns back or it is going turn off by itself. After their warranty expired, the issue is continued until now. They ignored us our call. We bought the home in 6/15/2017; look electrical breaker can serve 15-20 years in average. Now I am going to replace by my own within less than 4 years. How the company lennar is cheating us.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Recently, my wife and I decided to tear down a wall in the closet located in the half bathroom. This half bathroom is located directly under the stairs. We wanted to more closet space. After tearing down the wall we found Corona beer bottles, Cans of soda pop, and even chicken wrappers and bones. She purchased the house in 2015, this trash was sitting there rotting for over 5 years. What a disgusting company.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Used sub-par contractor (Juniper) that did not install our irrigation system to code. Installed a 4-zone box and valve system when it should have been at least a 6-zone box and valve system. Ended up with no pressure and all of the pop-ups on the side of the home would not work. Initially contacted builder (Lennar) and they said it was not their problem and we should contact installer (Juniper). Juniper said it was not their problem. We paid $1,100 to have a workable solution with an outside contractor (system not fixed to code, but now works). Lennar refuses to reimburse for a job that wasn't installed correctly and to code to begin with.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Lennar Homes are a cookie cutter factory of homes. The biggest and shadiest side is the finance division. They claim to have the same interest rates as all other Financial institutions. The sales department pushes you to use the finance department. Then you find out that they will not give you the best interest-rate because you’re too far out from your closing date. The sales department tells you one thing that you believe and then the finance department changes it and says they shouldn’t of told you that. In the meantime I’m having to pay over 3% interest because now they have you locked in. They won’t answer your phone calls return your emails. Do not use this company.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I have put an earnest money deposit down on a new home. I was told house would be available within 3-4 weeks and it has been 7 now with no end in sight. The company is price gouging to inflate the market during low interest rate times. This is the LAST house built in the neighborhood and they claim they are waiting for supplies. I have it in writing they will not charge more than 10k above what was quoted when we put deposit down. Very low ethic business standards.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Horrible experience. While our home was being built we have had many things go wrong. The wrong roof color, our property was not graded until we fought for it. Had to bring it to their attention though the plat of survey showed it. Our closing was the absolute worse experience. They wanted us to “dry close” due to their lack of work ethic and not getting our proper work history prior to us going to closing. We only closed because our lawyer called the Vice President of Lennar. We have only been in our house three weeks now and our Corners are cracking. And not due to “movement” you could actually put your thumb through our dry wall due to the poor quality of work. Half of the backsplash of our kitchen counters is not caulked.

Very poor communication through out this process including trying to get our corners fixed. From my experience lennar only cares about selling as many houses not the quality of work nor the buyers. The prices of these homes don’t match the quality. If we knew what this home experience would be like we would of walked away from the start. Very sad that we have been treated this way especially buying and building our first home.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I pretty much bought this place to turn a profit when the community gets built out, sell it, move out of California, and buy a place that wasn’t half** just to keep the cookie cutter rolling. If I had read the reviews, I would have gone with a different builder. First off, Lennar Mortgage is a joke. They offer $10,000 off if you use them to buy your home. After all the stress, the headaches, the hurry up and wait, and the fact that they needed dead last minute documents they should’ve asked for in the first week because it never dawned on them to come up with a list of documents they need, I would’ve eaten the 10k and gone with Loan Depot. That’s literally how bad it was.

The build quality is subpar even for a production house to the point that it would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad. Nothing is square, my backsplash is crooked, my flooring isn’t glued down so there’s hollow noise, and cabinet trim is literally falling off to the touch because whoever installed it used only 2 staples to secure it. It really is a wonder the people who built it actually get paid to do this for a living. Real estate profit aside, I really can’t wait to get rid of this heap and move into something quality built. I will NEVER buy another Lennar house again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

In January 2021 I entered into a contract with Lennar to purchase a new pre construction home at Galiano Pointe: Beacon Collection. I got conditionally approved for the loan. I gave my down payment and everything was running smoothly. I got a call from the manager yesterday (2/6/2021) telling me that they have to cancel my contract because they don't have approved plans for the home and they don't have enough materials to finish building in 2021.

He also said that because they don't have a projected due date for the house to be finished and because it could run into 2022 he has to break the contract with me. He also stated that once everything is approved I would get a call to see if I was still interested in buying the house but with a new price depending on the market value at that time. I don't understand how Lennar could enter into a contract without having approved plans or enough materials. So now I have to end the contract and lose the price that I was locked into when I know the market value has already gone up $10,000.00. This is such a scam.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

We wrote a contract a few months ago for a new construction home in Princeton TX. While Mike, the sales rep was very nice, the rest of the experience was the worst we've ever had and we are NOT newbies at home purchases. BEWARE of LENNAR and EAGLE MORTGAGE! I don't have room to go into all of the details, just be assured we would NEVER EVER recommend purchasing a Lennar home to anyone. Because of their lack of communication, ridiculous loan officer's mess ups and so much more, we are left with no house 8 days before closing. I could go on and on, just be careful dealing with this company! Do your due diligence and read the reviews. There are plenty of other really good builders out there, do yourself a favor and check them out.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

My husband and I have been in our brand new Lennar home for almost a year. Before I even signed on the dotted lines, my realtor and I walked the house with the Contractor and created a list of things that needed to be fixed PRIOR to our move-in date. None of these were fixed. Called the contractor and made him aware, he thought his people fixed everything. He came and fixed a lot of it himself and even reached out to some of the subs and got things taken care of.

In July we noticed cracking in the tile of our master tub and put a work order in. After trying to schedule people to get in for quite some time, my husband was able to finally coordinate with Lennar on getting the contractors in, this was in December. The contractor then removed the cracking tile to see if he could find the source of the problem and lo and behold, we now have mold beneath our tub due to their negligence in getting the work done. We continue to call and text and get no straight answers. I just got off the phone with their customer service department and the woman was rude and excused Mike's negligence to addressing our problems. Needless to say, we will never be buying a Lennar home again and would recommend any of our friends or family to never buy from them in the future. Beyond disappointed with their 'your problem' attitude and their lack of follow through.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

Though it’s nice to have a new home, we are still experiencing issues with squeaky/creaking floors on the second level. We had the issues corrected initially and now after 2 years the issue has continued. Now the noise is so loud I’m kicking myself for not being more consistent with my efforts to get someone on the phone to get the floors fixed prior to the end of the first year in the home. I’m not sure who they use as subcontractors or what materials were chosen, but this is not what I expected from a brand new home. I should have read the reviews sooner and we would have chosen a different builder. Now we’re stuck with noisy and creaking floors. Please make sure you keep track of all issues related to the construction of your home and report them immediately. They’re not very responsive at the sales office or customer service so continue to submit your request and document everything.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

This corporation does NOT pride themselves on the product they provide. They simply intend to assemble something as quickly and as cheap as they can...close out and move on to the next sucker. No commitment, customer service nor quality standards are thought of when thinking Lennar. I do not blame the trades or professions that work for Lennar - as Lennar does not pay them for the quality or commitment. They pay as little as they can and penalize these resources as often and as much as they can to maintain the number of houses they expect completed. Massive production line assembly that inherently screams problems, bad craftsmanship and covered up issues down the road. WARNING - DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS CORPORATION OR ITS SERVICES. You will lose any hope for a fair exchange on any front in dealing with them!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I purchased a home in April 2020, had some warranty issues they promised to resolve before I moved in. They were not resolved and it is now 10 months later and they still are not resolved. These are not small issues. There are issues with subflooring, Water damage, and unfinished work. I cannot get anyone to respond back to me. I am not the only home in this community with issues, about 75% of us are waiting on issues to be fixed. Those who have had their homes fixed had to seek legal counsel first. There is not just issues with the homes but also the community grounds.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

Purchased my home in 2017 and do realize it’s out of warranty. Apparently, there’s been a slow leak from a shower bench that is not only a poor design but faulty install. The water came out from the bedroom wall and caused black mold under the carpet. Lennar said they’d caulk. I had to have my bedroom wall cut opened to find the cause, the carpet and tackless were full of black mold and the plumber found a box left in the wall. I now need the wall patched, tile replaced in the shower and new carpet.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I would not recommend Lennar to anyone I know, whether sales, product or financing. Sales? There is no one person to help you. Every model you are interested in requires working with a different agent, all of whom are competing against each other, to the point where one agent bad-mouthed another, telling me he did not know what he was talking about. Hard to get into models, even during open business hours.

Promises broken, lies. I was told my "color scheme" would be the same as the model. There was no color scheme. Paint on the walls was so poor there was a chalky film to them. Without painting the bathrooms would have molded in a short time. Professional painters had problems cutting because seams were crooked. Walls were bowed so that they had to be sanded before painting. "Luxury" vinyl planking is uneven already. I fear for the structural integrity because multiple times a day you feel the slab shudder as trains pass by. The clothes rack in the laundry room is hung so low no clothes, not even T-shirts, can hang without draping across the appliances below. Final walk-through were pencil whipped (15 minutes) and did absolutely nothing to introduce me to the features. Manuals were, for the most part, missing. Sidewalk was cracked when I moved in. Promise to repair came and went as did other promises. Windows did not go in and out to clean as advertised. Parts to the window were not functional and agent recognized the problem was widespread.

Water is so hard you MUST have a softener but the laundry rooms were not built to accommodate softeners. You have to bypass the system every time you water grass because there was no room for a bypass inside. Needed reverse osmosis system to reduce solids to potable levels. Washer and dryer not included. Light switches and plugs are inconveniently placed. Closet doors universally are not correctly installed. Their answer on one door was to shim it with a piece of scrap wood between the door and the floor. Follow-up is horrendous. One salesman is helpful, but he is a salesman and has limited ability to help.

Financing? Business model is terribly broken, not customer oriented. Automated completely, there is no humanity to it. I received dozens of emails a day telling me to do things. The overwhelming majority were completed already or didn't apply. The only thing keeping this review from being longer and more detailed is my frustration with this company. My experience was so bad I plan to put a sign in my yard in this new subdivision warning people and offering to show defects.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

We are mostly satisfied with our home. First off when purchasing from Lennar, you have to recognize you are not purchasing a custom home. Our dissatisfaction is due to the final appliances put in the home. We had been told when we purchased our home that they could no longer get the Electrolux appliances seen in the model, so we knew they would be different. The disappointment comes from what they chose to install as a replacement. Not saying we have an issue with GE products, but the cost/value of Electrolux is obviously quite a bit more than GE. They didn’t even choose GE Profile.

For example, the microwave went from a very nice built in to one that looks like your over the range unit with a stainless surround... GE makes a comparable product to the Electrolux, but they chose not to use that. So, build for us seems pretty good, sales team was nice (recognize they can only give what corporate says), like the design of our house, just very unhappy with the appliance switch. I guess the thing to remember is if they tell you they are going to change something.. DO NOT assume you will get something equivalent.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

This was by far the worst experience of my life! From the moment I spoke with Wes ** he made me feel attacked. Personally I feel discriminated against. Every accomplishment from savings to making more money he basically told me I was going to be denied. I don’t know who would start out telling someone that before even looking at all their info. I even spoke to other Loan Officers and they all said the things I was told were unprofessional. All my info wasn’t even submitted to the underwriter. I know that times are extremely sensitive in the world, however, I was written off from the start as a single ** female. I hope that no one ever has to experience this prejudice. Super disheartening.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Looking for a new house is stressful but at the same time excited. Since day one that I went to Lenar in Riverview to meet with Chris one of the sellers I knew that my nightmare just started, he was not clear in the correct prices of the houses, about the monthly CDD, he is arrogant and disrespectful, the price for the house that we discussed on the phone did not exist. He put our names in a waiting list to reserve another home in other community and he cannot answer the right price for the home and the CDD but they are very clear in the dollar amount for the closing costs that are over 13,000 or more. He reserved a house for us in front of a trailer home community full of garbage. After few days he emailed the price for the CDD for $213 monthly when he said that the CDD will be less than $150.00 monthly.

I do not know how Lenar has a salesperson there that can't provide the correct information, after all the headaches dealing with this guy we are so grateful that we did not give them any deposit and we request to cancel the reservation for that home. I read many reviews for Lenar and they are terrible. So happy that I can start looking for others construction builders.

I feel bad for those people that bought their homes with Lenar and in few months they discovered how bad their construction is. Just a factory in rush for sale, they do not care about the buyers they only want their commission. Disgusting. Terrible customer service, stay away from them please if you do not want to regret it later, Read all reviews carefully and you will be surprise about the bad quality in their construction.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I moved back to Houston from the northeast back in August. I went to look for a home the same day I arrived to Houston. I found a Lennar house I liked and closed a preliminary deal with them. The house would be ready by November 17th. All the paperwork that was requested by Lennar Mortgage (Lennar's preferred lender) was submitted immediately. Meanwhile, I rented a small apartment, agreeing to pay $250 per month due to short lease. I also decided to wait on purchasing new furniture (since I had left most of my furniture in my previous home) until I moved. A month before our closing date. Lennar Mortgage informed me that the down payment would change to three times the previously agreed amount. I explained that I wouldn't be able to pay that amount, but that I would use another lender. Lennar canceled the deal, stating that they would ONLY USE their preferred lender.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I'm not even sure where to begin. Perhaps maybe I can begin with the fact that when my husband and I were purchasing our forever home, we stumbled upon the perfect site to begin our family in. The only unfortunate part was Lennar was the builder who had recently bought out Cal Atlantic. When we put our deposit down, the transition from Cal Atlantic to Lennar was taking place. We were given Cal Atlantic plans that had many many more bells and whistles than what we ended up with- funny thing is not one person mentioned that before or after our initial deposit check was cashed. The lot we chose was our second choice, as our first choice was said to have already been taken. Come to find out a few months later- it was still up for grabs but no one had removed the "sticker" from the map they use to keep track of sold lots- seems like a great system to keep track of such an important thing....

Fast forward to the walk throughs we had that were both scheduled and unscheduled. An absolute disaster. VERY CROOKED walls, baseboards, doors, you name it, it was likely not straight. They threw our house up (4000sq foot house) in less than 3 months- just take a moment to imagine that for yourself and what the product result was/is. We had many many many issues on our final walk throughs, to the point where I said I was not settling until things were fixed. I was PROMISED and REASSURED things would be taken care or immediately. Here we are, 14 months later and I'm still waiting. It started with "well reach out in the next week" to "next month" to "just put in on your year end warranty claims." I had no choice, I'm at their disposal, right? After all, this is their sub-contracted contractors coming out.

Here we are, the week of Christmas and I have several contractors all over my home fixing the "minor" issues Lennar claimed it to be. Told them "you guys will be in and out in 3 hours- just a few nail pops- nothing bad." The person that said that NEVER STEPPED FOOT INTO MY HOUSE TO SEE WHAT WE WERE LIVING WITH. The contractors came in and were in complete and utter shock and disbelief at the way my house looks. They said this is by far the worst house they have ever seen in way of dry wall and the issues I have with the walls, doorways, etc. They said they could be here for 2 weeks fixing issues if they were allowed. We are entering into day 4 and it's still not even close to done.

But accordingly to the Lennar warranty person who has been at my house now daily - 1-1.5 days is usually what is granted. 3 days is excessive and they cannot come back for a 4th day to complete the job. It won't be approved. Uhm.... my house is completely covered in tarps, papers, and inches upon inches of drywall dust??? I asked, "What do you want me to do." He told me to put my house back together, and that they'll send people here and there for an hour at a time to complete the rest of the work. WHAT!!!! He wants me to inconvenience my family yet again multiple more times so they don't have to pay for another day of work- absolutely not.

Let's just say- that didn't go over well and they will be back again today. He proceeded to tell me that if this was his home- he would have just completed the work himself and not had the warranty cover it. This would have cost me THOUSANDS to repair. And this ladies and gentlemen is why Lennar gets away with what they do!! Because people don't have it in them to fight with them. They don't answer emails, calls, voicemails in hopes that you just let it go. Well, you have messed with the wrong girl. I could go on and on and on for pages about the issues we have had, and in reading other reviews, it looks like I'm not alone. If you can do yourself any one favor, it's to KEEP ON LOOKING!!! Do not settle on a Lennar home. It's my biggest regret in life!!! They make the models PERFECT so you think that's what you're getting and then get hit with something. That is what I'm living with!

Additional issues to add: can hear every step someone takes in the house, insulation- not even sure if they put it in the walls in some areas because it feels like an ice box, broken tile floors, unfinished grading to the yards, broken dishwasher, washer didn't work on day 1 when we moved in, playground was supposed to be installed in the summer- it's now almost Jan and it hasn't even started yet- plans haven't even been approved by the township, dead grass on install, cheap flooring- chips every other day, ...

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

It has been almost 18 months since we moved into our new Lennar home and we have had a constant leak from the water main somewhere in our front yard. I have submitted several warranty repair trouble tickets and they still have not found or fixed the problem. I have sent them pictures along with a description of the problem and it has not motivated them to take this issue serious. The last trouble ticket I submitted they simply closed without resolving the issue. This is the kind of experience you can expect from Lennar's Customer Service after you purchase a home from them. Bewared!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

My husband and I visited Touchstone Manor in Riverview, FL. Met a nice sales rep who sold us on a model that we loved. He said properties weren't released for sale just yet but when he calls and says "It's Go Time", that we need to be prepared to come, select the lot and make the earnest money deposit. We got the call on our anniversary. We raced over to meet him. Put down $5,000 and left excited. That was short-lived however. Eagle Home Mortgage dragged their feet getting with us about what needed to be sent, as soon as they'd reach out though we'd give them what was asked immediately. We get less than a month to closing, and they deny our loan.

We asked about getting back our money back less $250, as agreed upon and were told "That likely won't happen since it's been over 30 days"!!!! WHAT?! We have no choice but to go off of their timeline, if they wanted they could wait 31 days to begin requesting documents from us. This was going to be a first time buy for us, and now that hope is down the drain. RUN! Do not walk from Lennar. Really kicking myself for not listening to others, who shared their nightmare stories about Lennar.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

Put a deposit down to hold a lot in a new development. The lot was released 3 months later, while Lennar had raised the final price of the property 6 times to a total of $20,000. I was given a final price, over the phone by Lennar’s agent and scheduled an appt the next day to sign the contract to move forward on the home. While my wife and I sat in the agent’s office we were informed that the lot premium had been raised from $17,000 to $23,000, so now we were now expected to pay $26,000 more for the property, than it was listed for when we first put our deposit down. Needless to say, we had had enough, and walked away from the deal. Lennar management only cares about their profit, screw the consumer.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I would give zero stars if I could. During the walkthrough found dozens of issues. Was told that is what th e warranty is for and all would be fixed. The house failed inspection so did not close then get a call at 9pm saying the AC passes inspection. I did not want to close. They then threatened legal action while saying trust the warranty. The ac was never fixed. Only after I called an outside ac company found out unit was recalled. Lennar never informed me of the recall. Only after I confronted them did they make the repairs but was still out 400 dollars proving the problem. Most of the repairs I paid out of pocket for. Never buy a lennar home new.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We live in Cascata, Parkland. First, our house roof area had a leak like a waterfall inside our front wall for months which was removed and still hasn’t been put back. We are living with plastic sheets as walls. They’ve also put our front double doors in incorrectly had to rip them out twice. Just found out they need to be ripped out a 3rd time. Next, the window in my 6 year old's bathroom wasn’t put in correctly and now it’s leaking and destroying the wall there, too. Next, they had to rip out our upstairs sliding glass door because it was leaking. In doing so, they cut away the balcony tile and never put it back and our child split their foot open.

On top of that, they got tar all over the new playroom carpet and have yet to replace that. This house was 700k, it’s only 9 months old, and we’ve been quarantined in a war zone since day one. It’s been a nightmare. They don’t answer calls or texts promptly and they leave their VM full. Workers don’t show up and when they do, it’s shoddy.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

We stopped in a Lennar model home to get some information and see a home. After the visit we filled out a form with our names etc. and put our realtor's name down. The agent stated that since we came in on our first visit without our realtor that we waived our rights to have one at anytime going forward. If she stated that in the beginning we would have called our realtor to come in. Seems unethical at best.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

We moved into our new Lennar Home on May 15th. All walk-through items looked to be complete and we were very excited to move in. Here's what happened next; June 6th - Front yard sprinkler (very cheap part) locked in the open position and leaked hundreds of gallons of water, if not more into the Yard. It caused a sinkhole in two spots; One about the size of a wheelbarrow next to the slab in the front part of the House, and between the sidewalk and the street. The sinkhole by the slab in the front yard wasn't properly compacted or backfilled in my opinion. Lennar threw more Gravel over it and called it good. I believe this will cause issues with the integrity of the Post-tension slab in the future.

June 25th - AC unit broke. Subcontractor for Lennar is Chas Roberts. We had contacted them to repair our unit asap since this is during the Phoenix summer heat.. 1st Tech diagnosed the Compressor and TXV valve needed replaced. Next week 2nd Tech came out and replaced parts. AC unit broke again 4 days later. 3rd Tech diagnosed the Compressor and TXV valve needed to be replaced AGAIN. 4th Tech came out and replaced Compressor and TXV. During the replacement the Chas Roberts Tech caused a Carbon Monoxide leak and; Thankfully our Alarms went off. The Tech told us to 'Open a window' but our children were starting to feel sick to their stomach and getting headaches.

Against the Techs suggestions, we called the Fire Department. They tested the home and had everyone Evacuate due to dangerously high amounts of Carbon Monoxide. The Fire Department said the Chas Roberts Tech caused the Carbon Monoxide leak. The Fire Department also said there was fire damage to the Plywood under the AC unit in the Attic where the Tech was working. We had to displace our pets and ended up staying in a Hotel for the night.

5th Tech came out to complete the replacement of both the Outside unit, and the Attic space unit. The Tech completely destroyed the entry Trim and Drywall while removing the AC unit from the Attic. There was a total of 2 nights and 3 days without AC (again.. this is during the Phoenix Summer).. It also took Chas Roberts over 8 weeks to reimburse us for the Hotel. July 9th - Our AC unit is finally working but we still have issues with our Thermostats and believe the new unit has been compromised as well but I'm no AC specialist...

August 2nd - Plumbing Relief Valve started leaking with a light spray of water.. It leaked for about 30 hours before Lennar had it repaired. No idea how much water was wasted.. In my opinion, Plumbing integrity has been compromised... We also recently installed a Pelican Water filtration and Conditioner and needed to tie into the Domestic Water loop provided in the garage. The Inlet and Outlet were swapped.. No other house that we know of is installed this way. If we hadn't made a mess by turning the water back on to verify the flow, the whole unit would have been compromised and possibly ruined our $2800 investment.

At night when we have the lights on and use an Outlet for the Vacuum cleaner, all the Lights flicker.. The lights in the Kitchen also make a clicking noise when they've been on for some time and we turn them off. It sounds like a vehicle that has been running and you can hear the contraction of the Metal when you turn off the vehicle.. In my opinion.. Between the Flicker and the noises, electrical integrity has been compromised...

We also think that Lennar' choice of a Bright White Flat paint was an oversight. We have children and walls get scuffed up.. We are happy with the color, just not happy with the Finish.. Even a Satin finish would've been better to help clean/scrub the walls.. Semi-gloss on the walls and Flat on the ceiling would be even better.. It is extremely hard to clean without scrubbing the paint off.

We have been severely let down and very disappointed with Lennar. Mostly due to their Subcontractors and the overall Workmanship of the Trades they employ. Lennar will always be the one Home builder we'd encourage people to stay away from.. If you want to spend $360k for a new home and live with the anxiety of thinking 'What's going to break next?' Then Lennar Homes are for you... Cons: Everything listed above... Pros: Walls are still standing and the Roof hasn't caved in..

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I property manage a dozen homes in Championsgate which was recently built by Lennar. They give a limited warranty on most items in the homes of up to a year. Warranty claims are exercised through the website - this is where the problems begin. The customer service division is awful - they simply don't respond to most claims. I escalated a severe pool leak on a six month old home recently to Jeff ** - guess what... No response. It's safe to conclude that the managers within the customer service area do not take responsibility for what they are supposed to do. If you do have a warranty claim get in touch with the building manager first - they are way more helpful and will be able to solve it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Upon closing date we were told our Granite countertops could simply be cleaned with Granite cleaner... They had a very noticeable white film over them with circles and squares imprinted in it? After signing for the home, We purchased a good granite cleaner and it did no good, it looks exactly the same as closing. We were told a one year warranty would cover any issue? NOT TRUE, After we submitted a work order for repair, five months later they said it's not covered by the warranty? They were pressuring me to sign for closing with faulty/blemished granite countertops. DO NOT SIGN during closing until EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED TO YOUR SATISFACTION! Look with a magnifying glass! It may be your only fix!

Lennar Homes Company Information