Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.1/5 (58 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Buyer beware: Lennar’s new home rep. provided potential buyers with outdated CCRs! It was later discovered that Lennar amended the CCRs 2 years early, yet when buyers requested the CCRs they still sent the old-outdated documents. The amendment gravely effected property values by moving from a 10% rental cap to unlimited rentals! Do your research, don’t trust their reps. Get the CCRs from the Register of Deeds. And remember until all homes are sold Lennar has full control of the HOA board with no owner representation.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

If I could give Lennar less than zero stars, I would. That’s how poor our experience was (and still is). For sake of simplicity, I will focus on only the items that angered us the most. Believe me, there were plenty of things Lennar did wrong. Firstly, our house was not completed on the closing date. We requested to move the closing date a few days so that all of the punch list items were completed and not rushed. Lennar management told us if we did not close on the scheduled closing date, they would make sure we lost the house and our deposit, and they would sue us for damages. How’s that for customer service?

We were forced to close with an unfinished house and the punch list was never finished. I had to pay out of pocket for materials and labor to complete the punch list items that I could manage myself. So now we’re left with “warranty" items that either take too long for Lennar to complete or they never get completed at all. For example, we have a defective exterior door that is sealed shut and completely unusable from the defect. It took months to actually get Lennar customer service to make any kind of arrangements to replace the door. I have wasted countless hours waiting for sub-contractors to replace the door. They usually never show up or they show up unannounced in an uncoordinated fashion and can’t do the repair.

For example, the door subcontractor showed up one early morning unannounced and declared he was here to replace the door. Well, the door was never delivered so he couldn’t replace it. When they did deliver the door, they destroyed our mailbox with their truck. Fast forward to the rescheduled repair date and the door sub-contractor never showed up. This is very typical for Lennar and unacceptable. I have already posted multiple reviews about Lennar’s lack of customer service and poor construction. I have also convinced several friends who were looking to build a house to go with any other builder other than Lennar. I wish we had never built with Lennar. They are a worthless company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I am purchasing a Lennar home in Parkland Bay. I have been visiting the neighborhood since building started almost 2yrs ago. They didn’t have a model of a Hibiscus that we purchased so we went into another one just finished and was told there were “standard options”. Once building began we were surprised to see that a $700k home had a Formica countertop. Cabinets were stained horribly bad. Bathroom sinks were one piece without undermounted sinks. Showers on a track. All items you would find in an apartment. We were told that their “standard options changed”. Mortgage company slow, they gave us a higher interest rate although we have 700+ credit score. Title company fees $10,000 more than other title companies. They charged a $11,000 builders fee that no other builders charge. A complete ripoff.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

From when our Lennar home was being built, to now over 1 year after moving in Lennar has been the absolute worst. So many build issues & the Customer service team is rudely ignorant of any requests. They will literally ignore your emails, finally reply with very short answers, and offer no help. Our basement bathroom was supposed to have full rough-ins, and once they became aware they didn’t do it properly, I am still going back and forth with them to schedule the plumber. OVER A YEAR LATER.

The quality of workmanship on these homes is a joke. Crooked walls and clear shortcuts taken when building. The list here is endless in every way. I just wanted to include a couple things that illustrate how terrible Lennar is. By far, the most frustrating thing is their team. It’s incredible how rude and unhelpful they are every step of the way. I don’t know if they are trained to act this way, or if 95% of the people who work there are just legitimately miserable. The one cool person we liked that worked there has left, for obvious reasons.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I am exhausted with Lennar builders. I dont have the energy to do this. All I can say is go somewhere else. Do not deal with this company. You want specifics, then email me at **. They don't care about the consumer. They do not care about quality. They are only interested in $$. They will exhaust your time and all you do to get service will be your life for 2 years if you have the energy to keep up. They will exhaust you. It's all a game to keep you from complaining and to let your warranty run out. I'm ready for Consumer Action Center. Anyone else?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I like Lennar homes and bought it. But it has structural defects that is missing corbels in front side of the house and it looks like ugly. I found it after a couple of years later. I send the email to customer service team. They don't listen to me. So anyone who is planning to buy Lanner homes, Please be careful the missing things at homes.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Ok so here's my tale. I purchased a home 2 years ago from a new builder called Mignatti who then sold itself immediately after Lennar, leaving my home under the care of Lennar. So Lennar took responsibility for the first year repairs. Did I mention I bought my home 2 years ago. Guess you can imagine where this is going. I handed them a list of work & in 2 years they've only managed to send 1 worker to repair nail pops on the wall. Now this company is using the # coronavirus gift of unexplained delays to claim they don't know us and it's Mignatti's problem. Wow! So we sent them proof via emails that they were in fact handling the list of work prior and now SILENCE, No response.

I had the opportunity to talk to neighbors and I'm not alone, 1 neighbor already sued for what she says was an extremely low payout that didn't cover the work needed, In my opinion That's the scam folks... They want you to sue so you have to take less and save on the work they're contracted to do. Avoid this company if you're a new buyer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

It appears that Lennar did NOT get final approval for the water connections from the street to the meter and failed to submit the proper paperwork for the City to take ownership of those lines. Has homes develop leaks in/around the meter leading to the street, the City is saying they do not have to fix it. The individual owner is now required to pay for those repairs, or the HOA as Lennar failed to complete the paperwork and inspections required. It appears we have 50+ homes affected by this, and several have had leaks. As Lennar completes a community, they sell remaining units to investors, shortcut required inspections just to pull out. Not a reputable company in my opinion.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I’m emailing you due to not only the extremely poor customer service from your ex employees, but also your current managers/directors in the San Antonio area. Attached are some of the emails and I have also had several rude and condensed conversations with Edgar.. Who says If I want to be more difficult he will just change my home plan because he can do that per the contract... I’m trying to settle this before getting legal involved.. but with your terrible managers in San Antonio I’m thinking I don’t have much of an option. I also have a BBB case open as well.

My issues now are the sales agent agreed to take off 1,000 dollars off my home due to all the issues he created.. then he quit and Lennar refuses to honor this even though I have a text confirming this... I tried to offer something in the middle, by them moving up my closing so I don't lose money in the process... but instead they declined..

Now my home's slab was poured too short. It was poured to the new plan not the old plan and the manager Edgar basically told me he was doing this for me... that my home should be the new one...but structure wise adding that tiny amount of slab is will need to be reviewed by a engineer.. He says I can pay for one on my own, but this is not my mistake... Also on the call he told me if I was to continue to be difficult he would just left it short and it would be my issues... This is the most terrible experience I’ve had with any company.

And to add to this issue we already purchased a home in the subdivision under the understanding that my original deal on my home would be completed.. So now I have an elderly mother at a location that is 40 mins away from me currently and a company that is running a bait and switch on my home. I don’t want to have to move to a legal action but at this point I don’t see any other options since now we will if y’all aren’t able to get my a home with what I requested and it’s structural sound and there is a signed report from an engineer.. we will have to bring my mother's house into the legal action since she won’t be able to live in this home.

Original review: July 20, 2020

We moved in during the beginning of Covid 19. Family room ceiling was so wavy it had to be redone twice. We were told the house would be meticulously cleaned. No one came in person to walk us thru using appliances etc and because this was a model home standing inventory the AC was set on a code. We could not get anyone to tell us the code and we froze in April North Carolina. Had to wear a sweater in the house jacket down. Comforters at night for almost 3 weeks. We are 69 and 70 yrs of age. It was a nightmare. Then the kitchen faucet leaked all over the counter. They repaired it twice and finally installed a new one. About week 2 the dishwasher came flying out of its cabinet opening when I pulled out the bottom rack landing on my leg. It hurt my shin and was very painful.

From the day we moved we had scratchy throats, red itchy eyes, a sore swollen throat and burning in our noses. At one point we were afraid we had the virus but no thank God that wasn't it. Our adult son quarantined with us. His eyes teared up. He had a tough time breathing as did we everyday and for almost 2 months we suffered. Then my husband discovered when changing the air filter a pile of fine dust in the returns from when they sanded the ceiling enough to fill our shop vac 3 xs. We also had to clean the top of all cabinets and molding. The dust was EVERYWHERE. It took us a day and much effort.

They re-attached the dishwasher but then it didn't work. The second new dishwasher didn't work either until another repair man came out. It does work now. The cooktop was all scratched up with the lettering scratched off so they agreed to order a new one. For a few weeks they said we would have to install it ourselves. WHAT? They finally sent a service man to install it but about an hour later we smelled gas. We waited a day before calling them. "We will be out sometime this week," they said. NO! It's a gas leak. We called our gas company. They came right out and red tagged it. Two back burners are leaking. Now they are ordering ANOTHER cooktop and meanwhile the gas is off and I cant prepare my planned menu to cook for my family.

During this pandemic we carefully shop for 6 days. I need the cooktop to implement parts of what I purchased. They did say they would cover our take out food but will they really? I doubt it. We have always lived in new homes. Pulte Signature Centex and a semi custom builder at the beach. Never EVER anything like this. Do not ever buy from Lennar. This is only month 4 and I sit in dread of what the next calamity is going to be. Oh btw Eagle Mortgage ANOTHER Nightmare. Run to another builder. Lennar is poison.

Original review: July 19, 2020

We have been living in the new home Lennar built for us for about a year and a half now. We first began to notice issues shortly after moving in. Little things, like not latching the windows so they blew in with the first thunderstorm. An outside vent blew off in the same storm (regular thunderstorm, not some super storm), which they said they couldn't repair because exterior features aren't covered. Fine. The back screen door blew open and busted because it wouldn't latch. Hurricane season approaches, and we find one of our windows is missing a storm shutter and another is missing a bolt for the storm shutter.

All small stuff, more inconvenient and cosmetic than anything. Now while doing yard work around the house we find a water bottle sticking out of the foundation. Yes, a water bottle was thrown into the cement of our home's foundation during construction and it is now there, compromising the foundation in that part of the house. Seriously. We have found a string of such absurdities in the past year. Certainly not what we expected with the price we paid for this house. Maybe they should worry less about providing "bells and whistles" like the smart home, and just build a well-constructed home instead.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Don't be fooled with the cute pictures, Lennar homes are nothing compared to what you will be promised, I have been an owner for a year and everyday I discover something wrong, from an even tile, to warranty issues that takes months to get resolved, leaking shower, appliances failure, worst lawn with brown spots regardless of how much care you put into it, pavers work is a mess, double panel windows not blocking sound or even ants, sliding door with bug entry underneath, this is my first home and first time experience with Lennar, and I have said this before and will say it again never again buy Lennar. I have friends who bought their homes from other builders, way better service, better work and the price is about the same.

Original review: July 14, 2020

When we purchased our villa We were promised all items on our punch out sheet would be completed. They were not! Dishwasher was not properly installed, guest bathtub needed buffing due to scratches on the tub, screen on lanai needed to be replaced, paint is low grade construction paint as is the carpeting, kitchen cabinets are cheap, two roof leaks in 15 months of living in our new villa. I would NEVER purchase another Lennar Home! Unfortunately, in Florida even your custom built homes are subcontracted out so the quality and workmanship is poor!

Original review: July 8, 2020

When we first started our process with Lennar it was great, then we moved in and it went downhill fast. Our yard is holding water, vents falling out, issues with foundation, pieces of my wall coming off, doors and walls crooked, doors installed incorrectly, paint wipes right off.. literally never buying another Lennar home. The warranty and repairs is a joke. Good luck getting Anyone out and you will hear excuse after excuse.. going on 4 months since we reported major issues and they finally came out once. Talked up a bunch of crap and have received zero response since then. Do not use this company, it is a joke.

Original review: July 6, 2020

We bought a new home in Aug. 2019. We love the floor plan and location, is just perfect. On the final walk thru we noted several issues and were told they would be fixed before move-in. We are now 11 months later and still have so many problems. Lennar is the master of lies, procrastination, and deception. They do not care about the homeowner. Only selling the home. Some major issues are Sewer not passing inspection, Property floods due to failing Grade twice, Roof vent flashings twisted and displacing roof tiles, N/G leaks, A/C & Heating unbalanced, Drywall separating on the ceiling.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I would not recommend this home builder anyone! They have too many issues in the homes they build, except their models homes. Imagine when use the cheapest construction materials to build homes with the least skilled laborers in the world, what will be the results!? Me and my family still suffering from the house problems and repairs. Some of them are major issues like no A/C for two months, water leaks, and foundations cracks. Stay away from this company. I feel sorry for my self because I trusted this builder. Currently I'm still waiting for them to replay for my repair requests. they are a lot because they did not do their job as it should be, I compared with other homebuilder so in the quality of materials and workers skills level, Lennar is the worst.

Original review: July 1, 2020

When is the pool going in at the Greens Indian Land Sc it first said summer 2019. Now it says summer 2020. We would like a correct answer instead of getting the runaround. There is still no progress so if you are able to give the community the correct answer at the greens that would be great. If you are not able to build the pool in 2020 I would think you would you trim that lawn to make it look better for the kids to use it and it would be easier for the salespeople to sell right now. It looks like an awful jungle over there and people are scared to go over there by the mailboxes because they’ve seen snakes.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My wife and I recently decided to build in a Lennar development. From the onset, things were not good. It started with us being told our home could potentially be ready by November (this was in June) in order to get us to sign the purchase agreement. Once signed, we quickly realized the house would be months away from even beginning.

Fast forward to February - We are set to close on our house on a Friday. Wednesday of that same week, we were to have our final walk through. During this walk through, there were several things unfinished, to which we were told it would be fixed later. The finishes were very sloppy, there was pain splattered over windows, baseboards not aligning properly, drywall which had bulges in it, dents in trim work, doors chipping, outside window frame with a hold in it (still not replaced as of June 19), etc.

We never received our 45-day repairs due to COVID; however, even once inside work started back up, we still have never heard back from our builder. We had a Lennar customer service person come and told us several times "that's done according to specification and your expectations were off when buying the house". I suppose if your expectations things would be done correctly with pride, then yes our expectations were off. The door lock was installed a quarter turn in the wrong direction, to which the Lennar rep lied and said that's just how those locks are installed. After the Lennar rep left, I fixed the lock myself.

From the building process, to closing process (which NEVER USE LENNAR'S EAGLE MORTGAGE - this is another review in of itself), to the house being rushed just to close, to the fireplace not being installed properly, the shower handle being placed in the wrong spot according to the spec house, to follow-up items, the house workmanship is subpar for a $675,000 new build. If you're on a budget, Lennar is alright. If you're excited about building a new home you're proud of, I suggest a different builder. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 12, 2020

This is worst company to buy house from them. Try to buy house in Somerset Longmont, Colorado, the front desk sales are very Unprofessional, the company basically give buyer no choice for upgrades. The customer service is very poor, they use very cheap materials to finish the million-dollar houses and won’t like buyer to update. The sales always say to the buyer, "If you do not like it, it has plenty people down the line to buy it." What a Shame attitude? The big corporation treated buyer like that need to be fixed.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I purchased a new town home and Lennar failed to disclose how bad the mice situation is from construction. They also failed to disclose the holes/gaps around the bottom of the garage frames, and holes in the weather stripping in almost all the units in the community resulting in mice infestations in neighboring garages. Lennar customer service has ignored my emails, tried to only communicate verbally without clear resolution, and now I fear an in wall infestation is going to happen depreciating my home's value in the future if these defects are not fixed for my building.

I tried contacting customer service at the corporate level and my email got passed around to a lot of employees working on this neighborhood As opposed to being handled by management, resulting in them admitting they saw the email and then proceeding with aggressive treatment and unprofessionalism towards me when trying to talk about other unrelated small warranty issues.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I decided to try Lennar after hearing many great reviews from friends who used them to build their homes. My experience was nothing like I expected. After my consultant quit the company, the New One was not accessible, when he contacted me it was to bully me. He said I had no Choice but to Zoom call my final walk through. Didn’t tell me the date was pushed back, until I asked because he was trying to schedule walk thru same day. When I opted not to have drive through close he said company policy. I had no voice nor choice. Could not speak to anyone else from Lennar and when contacted on Facebook they asked me to explain issue and never read my response. Do not use this company. They still haven’t processed a refund after all this. Very impersonal very unfair. RUN the other way

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2020

Manhole was opened. Area was cleaned up and some grading done. Grass was planted.

Original review: May 18, 2020

House borders farm field. Field is graded toward our home. Was assured by both Jim and Tim (builders) that the grading would be taken care of and the area cleaned up. It has not. We had a recent heavy rain. Over a foot of water entered our yard. Water poured in from OUTSIDE our fence due to the lack of proper drainage and grading causing part of our NEW PATIO base to be washed out. Lennar said its an "act of God". They are not responsible. The manhole was still left with a canvas catch basin and therefore unable to drain the water. The street drains are similarly blocked.

The builder is now saying it's because of the farmer and they are not responsible for the damage caused to our patio. If the property had been graded properly, the excess water would have still drained away from the house despite the blocked manhole. Instead we are left with a patio to repair. The manhole is till blocked and the grading still comes toward the house. What are we to do with the next rain and the patio repair expense? According to the builder there will be no quick resolution.

Original review: May 12, 2020

It’s really bad service. They gave us 10 year warranty for everything. Now it’s just 2 year and my ac is not working and they charge me for 2000$ plus for just checking and try to call them they don’t want to talk.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Really so much to say in the 3 years we've been trying to get Lennar to resolve. These are issues they have taken responsibility for, agreed to pay for, but over three years have failed to fix. Easiest to go to ** and see for yourself. We created the website to get the word out.

Original review: April 18, 2020

!!!INCREDIBLE how in 30 minutes the LENDER can destroy a family's dreams of owning their own home!!!! We visited Miramesa Cypress because they offered us an excellent deal within our budget, to make the house of our dreams come true, everything looked perfect, the price, the house, the upgrades, area, the community, and the high school.

We are prequalified with another lender but they recommended us that we apply with their LENDER to get some builder benefits, and as told we applied that same day, during the application process we had two or three special questions about our situation and the LENDER told us that there was no issue and that we could continue and submit the application online as it was. The next day the LENDER contacted me and told me that everything looked very good, and that we will need to send him our documents as soon as possible, obviously it was!! GREAT NEWS FOR MY FAMILY!! I quickly got home to scan the documents, and my very excited daughter started helping me, during that process I get a call from my Realtor saying that the loan was no longer approved.!! Why? I don't know.!!

Just 30 minutes prior I had spoken to your LENDER and he told me everything was good to go. And now (30 minutes after) the LENDER calls my realtor (not even me) and tells her that there are other clients also interested in the house even though we established that we wanted it about a day ago and we’re in the process of buying.

Everything was so confusing as I didn’t know what exactly “there are other clients” was suppose to mean, I called the LENDER to ask for an explanation and he didn't answer and of course I did not receive a reply, In the end we weren’t able to get the house. We couldn't to try with our lender because they accepted the other offer.. Maybe, It’s fine to ruin my dreams, but to ruin especially my daughter?!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!.

Original review: April 15, 2020

Nice house-floor plan, features, etc., but just to give you a heads up; when sold the house, told it included solar panels. It was in buyer's agreement! Moved in-no solar panels. Told they changed their minds about that subdivision. Had to pay $1,500 for a lawyer to get to them to do it, which they eventually did but taking their time of course. Not cool.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Before moving in they had to replace sod in backyard due to flooding from three other neighbors yards. They laid new sod over the silt that drained into our yard. Not really fixing the issue just putting lipstick on a pig. Multiple requests about water pooling in our yard and the foundation drainage being bad. All closed with no work done. They just say there is no standing water 48hrs later. Not saying anything about the yard being a sponge like swamp for a week later at best and only if it doesn't rain again. They refuse to fix any issues.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I have been in contact with many buyers over the past month that have had a temporary loss of employment with the Covid-19 shutdown. Unfortunately, lenders have not been willing to work with buyers and give them a little more time to qualify or stay qualified for their home loan. In my case, the lender was Lennar and the loan company was Eagle Home Mortgage (a Lennar company) but there are many bad actors. Many companies have a compassionate corporate message regarding coronavirus but in reality, they are keeping buyer's home deposits, making their already stressed financial situation worse.

Many people do not have the resources to hire an attorney and they know this. But I do and I have already hired an attorney and have made a demand for my earnest money to be refunded. Because of this, I don't need your help but many people do so we would all appreciate public pressure on Lennar and other builders to do the right thing.

People's homes are being completed with the interior and exterior choices of buyers who can not qualify for the loan until their company is again allowed to conduct business and rehire them. This is no fault of their own and builders and lenders should be more understanding and delay the loan process rather than keeping the deposit and moving on to the next buyer. It seems to be a business model that is taking advantage of the virus pandemic and it needs to stop now.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I purchased my home with Lennar in 2017, the process of getting approved was very smooth however when it came time to close after the home was built the headaches began. On the 1st inspection there were several issues, broken roof tiles, broken window, cracked toilet tank, a water stain from a leak on the roof of the 1st floor coming from the master bathroom to name a few. By the 2nd inspection only half of the stuff was completed but the contractor reassured me that everything was going to be done by closing time which it was on that same day in the afternoon, mind it not even the appliances were in the property yet!

After closing we moved in right away, within a couple of weeks problems started to come out but the most important a leak on the master bedroom bathroom, the water had damaged the sheetrock and it was creating mold and mildew in the area. I contacted Lennar and they sent someone to fix it, the guy said it was probably the seal on the shower door and fixed everything. Within a month I was calling again for the same problem, this time the guy said it was probably residual water from the previous problem that had cause the issue to come out again, he also said that it could have been the shower pan that wasn't either properly placed or it was too short but suggested we wait and see if this time things were resolved.

This problem came back yet again and the person who came said that after he fixed it it it was to come back we would have to break the wall to see if there was a leak problem, time after time they were just dodging the problem with easy fixes so that the next person who would come after would have to deal with it. Well this is an ongoing issue, here we are having to pay someone to come and break down walls to figure out what the problem is in order to fix it. It is outrageous for a homeowner who already has invested so much in buying, placing the trust and hard earned money in someone's hands to receive this type of cheap and not well done job. All I have to say is, thank you Lennar. Thank you so much!

Original review: March 25, 2020

I closed on my new home 02.27.20 and gone nowhere with my home repairs. My mistake was to close on my home before having everything completed but that is on me. Now I just need Lennar to step up and comply. Now with the health crisis, this will be delayed once again and is very unfair to me. This is a new home and I never expected I would have to go through this. Lennar had more than 3 weeks after I closed to correct all issues and did minimal work. My recommendation from anyone is DON'T CLOSE ON YOUR NEW HOME UNTIL YOU GET ALL REPAIRS BEFOREHAND.

Lennar Homes Company Information