Find a Home Builders partner

lennar.com

1.1/5 (58 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Lennar Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Lennar Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lennar Homes?

Original review: March 21, 2020

Awful, awful experience. They make you think they are there for you. That’s a joke!!!!! They don’t care about you. Buy from someone else!!!! They are terrible. Wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy! That’s how bad they are.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Overall I'm generally satisfied with our Lennar built home and community. We did have problems with the AC leaking all its coolant out. But it was covered by warranty and the defective part was replaced and coolant was put back in at no charge. This review is being posted to warn you that a very innocent clause in your purchase contract could cost you big time. Here is the clause see how much you think it will cost each home owner.

5.5 Association's Option to Purchase the Club. On or after two (2) years from the Community Completion Date, Association shall have the option to purchase the Club from Club Owner (the "Purchase Option") for an amount resulting from (the "Purchase Price") the application of the capitalization rate of six percent (6%) applied to the total annual Club Membership Fees that would be payable by all Owners to Club Owner during the calendar year in which the closing occurs (assuming the Purchase Option was not exercised). The Purchase Option may be exercised by a resolution of the majority of the Board of Association, without the joinder of any Owner or any other person.

So if a community had 600 homes and and the monthly membership fee was $163.00 per home. How much is the club house going to cost the community. Stand by for a shock. Our purchase price is now around $7,700,000. or about $13,000 per home. The deception is located in the word "application". "The application of the capitalization rate of six percent (6%) applied to the total annual Club Membership Fees." Just what does the word application mean? Stupid me thought they were going to multiply the annual fee by 6% to get the purchase price. My brain never imagined that application actually stood for divide by instead and that's when you get the almost $8 million dollar figure. This price was masked by using the word application instead of divide and there was no example of how much the final purchase price could be projected to be.

Ever since the true price of the club house business purchase price was revealed for sale signs have been popping up all over the place. The current plan is to borrow the entire $7.7 million from a local bank which at current interest rates would probably take over 20 years to pay off. There is no allowance for future maintenance needs and the bank could deny or call the loan if one of the members of the HOA board had a bad credit history now or in the further. In light of the world of the covid 19 virus the capitalization rate of 6% is completely unreasonable.

Home owner Association could refuse to purchase at that price but then Lennar has the right to sell the club house to any other investors who could raise the club house fees through the roof in the future. I believe there is a first right of refusal built into the contract along with a clause if the home owners sue Lennar over the club house purchase the Home Owners Association will be responsible for all of Lennar's legal expenses. Win or lose it doesn't matter.

Currently the HOA board has done some research on the matter. I don't know what they are going to do. So as I have stated I'm pretty happy with our home and things have been fixed when things broke and we have a very nice home. But beware of club house purchase option that may be in your contract. It can cost you lots more than you think.

Original review: March 4, 2020

No company can stay in business very long if all they know how to say is no!!! We thought we had a very pleasant experience when we went in to talk to the sales person. While we were there a man came in to inquire about the color of his house. We asked about that because we thought he should have picked on already. We were informed that Lennar picks the colors. I exclaimed that we didn't want a brown house. There were only two of the approved colors that we liked. One in particular which was a taupe color with teal shutters and doors. Since those are the colors I want inside, it was perfect. Also, my mom, my husband and I never agree on anything like that!!! We were told by the sales person that she would do what ever she could to get the colors we wanted and had me write them down.

She said she was going to a meeting that Monday and would inquire. She also said that the building people have not liked when she asked before but since she doesn't do it often she would ask them. Also, she said that we should go into contract in December for them to start building in January. And that she would try to get them to close in November since that is the end of the fiscal year for them and she would be able to get closing costs and upgraded flooring for us. 6 months later and we just signed the contract. They refuse to change the color of the house to one of the other approved color pallets (by the way, I am a designer so color is incredibly important to me!) They are trying to tell me that the color of the house is part of the permit.

I deal with the most strict districts for permitting and have never heard that the color of the house is required for the permit. Also, If I can change the type of flooring still, how come I can change the color of the house!! I think this information is not truthful! Also, only part of the closing costs were covered and no flooring upgrade!! Also, if we want to change the flooring to Luxury Vinyl, it was 40k to do that!!! Ridiculous!!! The company I work for would have done it for 21k, to bad I'm moving to another state. They only offer 2 colors of cabinets(which are completely cheap and the only convenience they include is a trash cabinet) and 2 granites and 2 quartzes.

That is it for anything you can change (also, the backsplash). Be prepared for bottom of the line materials in every way. The tub and shower are plastered with cheap vinyl (no tile), the standard flooring in wet areas is sheet vinyl, cheap carpet everywhere else! I foresee spending at least 100-150k to fix this house! You might be wondering why I am still buying it. We are moving to Vegas with my mother and they have a NextGen suite model that lets her (and us) have privacy. She will have her own kitchenette, bathroom and laundry! There is only one of those on the market in all of Vegas right now for resale and it is in Henderson, we want to be in north Vegas near family. We also don't want to wait another year and be stuck with the same issue!!

If you don't need the nextgen, save yourself the headache! I spoke to a custom builder earlier and it is about 100-150k more to build with him! Had I realize all of this, I would have started that process. It is too late in the game for that now since our houses are already for sale! I hope they are happy, I will be posting this everywhere I can!!! I hope I have helped you to make a better decision than I made!!

Original review: March 4, 2020

Beware of Lennar homes they DO NOT offer any options to their cookie cutter new construction homes in Florida. I gave them a deposit and changed my mind the next business day and they refused to return my $2500 deposit money.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I purchased a Lennar home in April 2017. Two months after living there the face plate off my dishwasher broke off. I called their customer care guy who said he didn't know how what happened and said he couldn't fix it. Then my dishwasher completely stopped working. Their customer care guy was very busy with all the other Lennar homes that have been built in our very large housing development so he assured me he would get to it even if it went past the year warranty. We had a good working relationship and I trusted him because he had fixed the other walk through issues.

My year expires and I continually call him with him finally coming over to tell me that he doesn't know why that has happened and that they will check with his subs and see if he can troubleshoot it. This goes on for months and I get tired of not having a dishwasher in my brand new house. I call GE because that is who Lennar uses for appliances. The technician come out and tells me that the face off my dishwasher fell off because it was installed wrong (attached his explanation). He said it was not centered correctly so every time we closed the dishwasher it was hitting the face against the sides of the cabinets. Then he checked for power and said it was completely dead and it was getting no power to the appliance.He said it was electrical and Lennar's subs had not installed it correctly and that he couldn't get behind the wall to see it. He wasn't an electrician so he said it was probably the panel defaulting.

The servicemen then tested the appliance to see if it was defective at all and it was completely functional. He plugged it in with an extension cord in another outlet in the kitchen and it turned right on. He even looked at the breakers to try to troubleshoot it further which wasn't his job. He recommended that I get a hold of Lennar and have them fix it since it was very apparent that none of these issues were my doing. He felt bad about charging me the $175 fee just for coming out.

Once again I contacted them and was told that GE was the one that installed it so it's their problem. I explained that it was their sub for appliances and I bought a new house with a dishwasher that doesn't work. I even showed him the statement from the GE serviceman that he gave me and he continued to blame them. The GE product works. It wasn't installed correctly so the face broke off and the electrical behind it doesn't work that Lennar's subs did! He then told me he would look into it and every time I message him he ignores me. Now when I want to use my dishwasher we have to run a long extension cord to the other side of the kitchen to get power to it.

As this all continues to transpire my bathtub faucet falls off so we only had one shower for 2 months because the customer care guy took forever to send me the model number so I could use the warranty to replace it. I then had to pay someone to install it. Shortly after my kitchen sink faucet fell off with the same response from their rep. I just got the model number yesterday and I have to now get a hold of Moen to order the product which takes about 3 weeks to get.

I am a single mom so to have to deal with all this has been difficult and expensive. I bought a brand new, very expensive home so I wouldn't have to deal with all of this. The home I owned previously for 17 issues never had these issues so Lennar has been a huge disappointment. I wait all this time to post a review because they kept saying they were going to help me but they were just putting me off. Even when I told them I had no other choice but to post a review, they did not respond.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

Lennar charges name brand prices for knock off products. Been in my brand new house less than 2 years and already had roof, water, floor, beam, bathroom issues. Lennar doesn't stand by their houses. I have submitted well over 10 service request. The shingles on my roof were poorly installed and now I have significant water damage upstairs and they won't fix the issue even though area manager Eddie said he would. My son's bathroom has had issues with the plumbing. Even the plumber told me it was installed incorrectly and my son has warped wood and cracks and possible mold because of water that had been sitting and Lennar won't fix it now even though I had this issue once before. My son's health could be at risk aside from him hurting himself and the issue only getting worse but they don't care.

My floor is already separating downstairs and they told me that I would need to re-caulk the whole floor whenever this happens. Less than 2 years in what I thought was a brand new house. What do I have to look forward to for the next 28 years. Don't buy a Lennar home. You will regret it. The area manager Eddie said that the director of construction Jared said they wouldn't do the repairs but Jared hasn't talked to me or come to see my issues. Lennar won't even step up to you. They send the poor middle man Julian to do their dirty work. Lennar uses cheap contractors to build your house. That has been told to me by the good contractors that they had to send out for some repairs.

Lennar is a nightmare. I would never wish this headache and tears on anyone. We work so hard to get our first home only to wish we never met Lennar. I am not asking them to rebuild my house just to fix what they did wrong. I am going to fight for my right as a homeowner and what should be done. Lennar just wants your money and sleeps fine at night knowing the crap houses they are building. They don't care about you as a person only the body that is buying their cheap built houses. I don't even feel safe putting my kids upstairs because I don't know that they are secure or exposed to mold. How can Lennar put their customers, their homeowner through this. Reputation is everything and for me they are a waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Such a disappointing experience... Spent $400,000 on a home that’s just junk construction. Our home wasn’t finished on date of closing so we constantly had trades in our home finishing work. Six months later we continue to have issues. The quality is just so poor. Customer service is SO bad so when you do have an issue you won’t get much help. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this builder.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

The process of helping my client purchase a Lennar home has been unpleasant from the beginning. The representative was very aggressive in getting my client to sign a contract for a home that she estimated to be completed around the end of February. Then when the estimated date had to be pushed nearly two months due to a supposed failure to acquire permits, we were told that Lennar can take up to two years to finish the home and still be inside their obligations. However, the contract specifies that my client would be expected to pay $100/day if he were to delay the closing even one day.

The contracts are overwhelmingly slanted to protect Lennar and give individuals little recourse if they make mistakes that cost the buyer time and money. I would highly discourage purchasing a home directly from Lennar. Resale contracts provided by licensed Realtors are designed to EQUALLY protect both parties. If you must buy a Lennar, buy it from someone in a resale transaction. DO NOT BUY A NEW CONSTRUCTION!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

There were many things wrong with this purchased house but they were fixed eventually. Most importantly, the water main hook up outside broke twice and I'm waiting for it to go again. Now I find out that ceiling fan electricals are not installed correctly, but after many years it is out of warranty of course. Never ending bad workmanship and quality issues. House is insulated well and is very important for this climate. Otherwise, I would NOT recommend this builder or check and verify everything up front before the warranty runs out.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

A few weeks ago, I contacted Lennar after I realized that there was some missing parts in the windows of my daughter’s room. (Outside frame that support the glass.) This was a dangerous mistake and it has put my family in a very risky situation during hurricane season. I understand that my house warranty expired a few months ago, but this error was impossible to see during a walk through since the missing part is the exterior frame of the window, I found it out because we had damages caused by water near the window (please see attached picture). Lennar just declined my request and their customer service department doesn’t even respond my emails or phone calls. If a hurricane hit my house which it was suppose to have category 5 impact windows, the winds will blow the glass away.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Built a new home in Indiana. Was a very good experience from sales to close. Small punchlist items were taken care of as requested. A few others are scheduled this week. Good quality for a production builder.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

My husband & I purchased a coach home in Lakewood Ranch, FL that was built in 2018. All of the GE appliances that came with the purchase were non-negotiable and sub-standard. You are required to take them even if you want to upgrade on your own. Also, the design of electrical outlets requires improvement. In the open concept living space, it is necessary to run electrical cords for lamps under a rug and then hide the portion that plugs into the wall outlet with masking tape or a decorative plant, etc. to minimize the risk of tripping over the wire.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Good morning: I, Alvin **, owner of ** submitting an original dispute and lawsuit to Lennar Company and Cypress Texas Insurance whom been charging for services not provided and I have submit original invoices and explanation letter after multiple agents came to my property including Jefferson ** and NOBODY wants to provide fair reimburse for this case. Houses built in months that has broken water heaters and additional structure in less than 5 years old and home insurance company unwilling to provide payment that client has paid out of pocket.

As a member of Winfield lake I will make sure everyone know and spread about this fraud and mislead process by these companies against citizens, this is mislead and fraudulent process including insurance company such as Cypress Texas Insurance Company. This is my phone **. We will continue spreading this ABUSE, PEOPLE BE AWARE! Alvin

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

First, let me add the Core Values of Lennar: "Our commitment to Quality, Value, and Integrity is the underlying foundation upon which Lennar was built, and these three fundamental principles still guide us in caring for our customers, associates, shareholders, and community."

Ok, so we are now clear on what they state their core values are, let’s consider the following:

1) Quality - we have had issues from water leaking into our home (through exterior light switches where they did not replace or repair the inside of the wall and left water from heavy rains, and now we get major air infiltration - as well as other areas around perimeter of home), studs that are not flush causing rippling of drywall/siding/etc, contractors improperly installing HVAC systems (undersized and incorrect ductwork causing for major premature failures and high energy consumption), unsafely installing appliances (microwave suffocated and not vented properly causing it to run even when you open the door, or will not come on at all due to overheating), and so on and so on...

2) Value - what they value is taking your money without any regard to the safety or well being of your home or family.

3) Integrity - we have not found any integrity from Lennar or its representatives yet. All they want to do is try to lie their way out of every situation and accept no responsibility for the way they know things are being done. This is very sad and frustrating, knowing that this many people invest in their family and futures with what one would expect to be a quality builder; whereas, in fact will do WHATEVER it takes to get out of accepting the responsibility for their mistakes.

Please consider the above for a majority of production home builders, as they only want to throw you a house up as quickly and poorly as possible so they can take your money!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My girlfriend and her daughter have lived at The Shores at Hidden Cove in Frisco, TX for 3 years. In August 2019, she discovered she had a leak. She contacted the builder, they sent someone to see what was going on. It was revealed that she had a leak and the water has been leaking for approximately 2 1/2 years. She and her daughter were experiencing headaches and having difficulty sleeping prior to them discovering she had mold. She has been having a lot of respiratory problems. Every time I visit her, I leave with an excruciating headache. Now when I visit her, I wear a mask because the problem has not been corrected. This is unacceptable and Lennar Homes need to make it right. No one should have to live under these conditions EVER!! Concerned Friend

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

We can’t believe what this builder is getting away with in the state of Florida. I’ve never owned/built a home that I wasn’t proud to call home. However, that changed with my Lennar home. Embarrassing poor workmanship, extreme drywall flaws that are so bad in the arches it’s pathetically embarrassing, electrical issue in the kitchen, an oven that vents over the underlying drawer handle that scalds your hands, plumbing problems in master shower because the tile installer flushed the grout and tile down the drain. A shower head that leaks throughout the night, ac unit inside was framed improperly with drywall gaps. Windows that are so out of square – one is 1” higher in master bedroom.

Warranty follow ups unsuccessful. Drywallers made the arches worse (3x). Now Lennar is declining to fix it calling it a cosmetic problem. Ac still under review as to who is going fix it (future problem would be mold). Window problem is still under assessment as to how to fix it. Plumbers been out 2x. Shower still burping water throughout the night Leaving a constant puddle in the shower. Oven design has yet to be fixed. A dummy drawer needs placed between the bottom of the oven and the drawer. Overall The attitude of the Lennar representatives is this is the way it is. Quantity is all that matters. They stall on warranty issues. They hire unqualified workers to build houses and then send them out to fix the problems they created.

We spent close to 1/2 million for this house. We don’t know what future problems that may arise as we have only been in the house several months. We don’t know our legal options if this incompetence of sending unskilled workers continues. Lennar needs to be held accountable for the poor quality (is an understatement) houses they are selling as high end homes. So emotionally Stressful! If you're reading this I’m in Wesley Chapel Union Park. We need to come together and fight this big corruption of a corporation. It’s an ethical issue and pitiful. We all should be enjoying our new homes and be treated with respect. Instead we are being told to accept!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

We are currently under contract with Lennar and in the last step of finishing the home loan application. However, from the appraisal report we realized that Lennar lies on the square footage of the property. And there's a huge difference between the square footage on their listing compared with the appraisal report. What a shock for my whole family since we are at the very last step of closing this deal! 700 square feet does matters but Lennar doesn't even want to admit the fact. They told us the mistake is made by the previous rep but now she's gone so Lennar will never be responsible for this. No chance to re-negotiate the price. Or maybe no chance to get the earnest money back. I pay $7,000 to learn such a lesson from Lennar. Hope I can check out this website before purchasing house from Lennar. My advice for people who want to purchase their dream house is NEVER EVER CONSIDER LENNAR!!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Since 3 months that I have purchase the house the door from hallway closet measure is too small for the space. I contact Lennar representative Mr. Jeff and Mr. Michael about when will they install the correct door, but the past month I email and text this 2 person and no answer at all. They ignore me. So this is how lennar operate? When they received the full money at the closing and they forget about they responsibly? Call me lennar! But I don't want promises! I want action! **

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

As a first time home buyer here in Florida I was very excited to have found a floor plan that I loved and what I thought an honest sales rep. The sales rep mislead me from the very beginning. First with stating after myself and realtor asked about CDD that the community I purchased in was not CDD (later as I’m meeting with lender I find out it is and now I need more monies at closing). I was very adamant about no CDD communities, so I know what I asked. The rep said he never told me otherwise.

Initially, the rep gave me a purchase price and two weeks later came back and basically said, "Sorry I gave you the wrong price and management won’t honored the price I gave you" (which was an 11,000 difference) then the back and forth with the down payment etc... What was suppose to have been a joyful experience has turned into a nightmare. My house is still under construction and I can’t back out now because I will lose all the money I have put into it. But buyers be aware. The representative have done nothing but lie, lie, lie!!!

I should have known and seen the warning signs from the get go. But I was hopeful. Buyers do your research before signing with Lennars and don’t believe a word they rep has to say. I will be going public with the local news channel and exposing reps name if CDD is not credited and issues arise with closing and final walk through. People work hard for their money and to achieve such goals. It is sad how there are people out there that take advantage of others to benefit themselves. The rep and management are only focused on the bottom line and what they will gain vs the customers satisfaction. Worse experience!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

We bought a Lennar built home in a Naples development, Artesia, that had been started by another company, WCI, and later taken over by Lennar. You could tell at a glance the attractive buildings built by WCI compared to the sterile prison camp-like buildings put up by Lennar. After moving in we discovered how Lennar had cut every corner: no insulation between the thin wallboards — sounds carried throughout the house; the lowest quality appliances and fixtures; cheap and short-life screening over pool. We are in our third month here and nothing has broken down yet, so they deserve that one star.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

These people are inconsiderate and unprofessional. I bought a house more than a month ago and they have not given me the controls, keys, they have not repaired the inefficiencies that were found in the final walk, they have not connected the internet to me in a community that includes it, in short, they are a disaster. If you have the opportunity DO NOT BUY WITH LENNAR, I will never do it.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I wish I had seen this web page before we bought in. A lot of our experience is echoed here. Salesman turned out to be dishonest about our purchase options. Promised customer representative didn't show for walk through. No Lennar representative at settlement to respond to issues. Customer service person assigned to remedy punch list was hamstrung by management. Drywall job was terrible and Lennar refused to have lumpy ceilings fixed. Sitting now 2 weeks since heat pump died with no promises on when the new parts will be installed. Don't buy Lennar.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

While living in NY/NJ, we had known of Lennar repute (or lack of) for decades. It unfortunate that we had to be a victim of Lennar’s deceitful, dishonest sales practices, unprofessional client dealings and unethical ways of conducting business – especially mentioning, John Brockman. We learned it the hard way by losing 35K of earnest monies - and not hiring a legal counsel before signing a contract - MAINLY because we were told by Lennar salespeople that almost no-one in Florida hires legal counsel while working with Lennar and its contracts. The misleading was from the very beginning - and we are being punished by not paying attention to all of warning signs.

We live in a community that is predominantly Lennar (Union Park, Wesley Chapel, FL), and there is not a single homeowner that is satisfied with Lennar (construction, quality or otherwise). Lennar has everything to learn from, pretty much, all of other builders around you. As we evaluate our legal options, I will be sure to let your unfortunate future home buyers know of your dishonest salespeople and process along with your lack of meeting customer expectations. Glad to share our attorney communications with anyone seeking to discover the real face of Lennar sales practices. We remain never, now or in the future, to be Lennar customer.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

First walk through the house I was 2 steps in the door and the carpet stood out like a sore thumb. I was still 25 feet away from the carpet... It was 2 totally different colors. They said they could have it checked and came back over a week later saying The carpet installers say it was fine.. At this point I am speaking with the construction manager and I said; "What do you mean it is fine? It is not fine and it needs to be replaced or repaired." He said they would have to check with higher management but it would delay our move-in date... "That is out of the question since I have movers scheduled, cable installers, and I was not going to have a house left to live in."

I got a little chuckle from him and an "oh well". Of course that sent me over the wall and I needed to move in on time. My response from him again was to say that I could not even move in even if I agreed to suffer the bad carpet install. "You can't have the house since you won't be happy with it". OMG. I then needed to speak with his manager and it took 2 days for him to get back and say they would replace the carpet. Now the Construction Manager takes over again. The carpet is in LA, 5 days before move in, shipped to their warehouse in San Francisco, 2 days before move in, Missed the truck 1 day before move in and allegedly it arrived the day of the move-in. That morning when they had a window to install before the arrival of the moving trucks they said they could not install until after 5pm.

Again I had to make a last minute call to the regional manager that said we could move in without the carpet repair. We did move in and then complained again about the carpet and had to escalate it to the carpet manufacturer... They agreed to replace it but it took me 7 months of grief and frustration. When you pay over $600K for a home I expect better service.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I purchased a new home from Lennar in Ft Pierce FL. The sale staff mislead me on several items. The customer service representative made me and my

family feel like we did not know anything. The very long punch list of items needing repair on the walk though has not been completed 2 months after the closing date.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

They are made of the cheapest materials and customer service is horrible. My sidewalk cracked in half in under 5 years. They don't cover this in their warranty. Now I have to pay for the inferior cement they use. I wonder how long it will take to start having foundation problems. The biggest mistake I ever made was buying a Lennar Home.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

We purchased a brand new home from Lennar in November 2018, it was supposed to be a move in ready with minor finishing touches needing to be completed. Initially we had electrical issues and for the first few weeks half of the house had faulty electrics. We could not even turn lights on in our kids rooms and had to run extension leads into rooms to have lights. Every time we plugged in our vacuum cleaner it would trip the breaker. This was reported and trusting Lennar it eventually in our minds got resolved.

We had a few roof leaks, our smart home never worked right, pool pump ground was disconnected after pool pump broke in the first month, our AC was not working correctly ducting was kinked, stove tripped breakers, front door smart lock didn't work well, we have mold in the roof. Over time we found that the garage door/seal leaked and we had the pavers moved and garage door inspected and the paver guy blamed the garage door and the garage door guys blamed the pavers. This went on for about a 6 months and is still not fixed correctly.

We had totally lost confidence in Lennar's warranty and workmanship so we decided to get a home inspection and report form a home inspector. Well that highlighted the fact that the work was not only below standards but actually dangerous. The electrical company that Lennar used to fix the faults actually disconnected the ground to a few breakers. That is definitely not to code and downright dangerous. Our year warranty came and went, Lennar do not respond to any emails and claims for warranty and actually put the electrics back to the faulty state so we cannot even use a vacuum cleaner! We have the report of the faults and are now being ignored and think for a company this size they are definitely not honoring their warranty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We had purchased a lennar built new home, there are lots around our house where Lennar is building new homes. The problem caused by one of the Lennar's new home construction manager, they have graded the soil so high that it kind of piles soil/dirt against my wooden fence. The new home construction manager is not aware of the standards that the grading should be below the fence level. I contacted new home construction manager, she made false promises and never responded to my email requests. The warranty service department is not responding either by throwing the ball into the new construction department. I would say the Lennar doesn't respect the properties around when they are building, so my next home is not going to be a lennar built.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

We had a great experience with Lennar and their entire customer service employees while building our home in Utah. Amazing workmanship, high quality material, and amazing service throughout the building process!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Don't complain about anything with your Lennar home. My family and I have been living in our Lennar home only a year now and have experienced many issues which we made some complaints - not all. After several complaints about the home, requesting repairs for certain issues - We believe the thermostat and other apparatus can be controlled remotely, so don't piss off Lennar.

Another complaint - Our thermostat was not working properly upstairs. I complained to the representative about our AC not working properly, that we turned on the thermostat upstairs to cool. Normally, it would come on right away, but the air did not come on for hours in the night. The next evening, it did not come on at all. At times there is noise in the walls like a buzzing sound, there is dust coming out of the vents or from somewhere in the house. Some of the cabinets have patchy paint on it and some have swelled.

The promise of hot water coming on right away is not true as was bragged about - instant heat. Two cannot take baths at the same time or the pressure will run low in one bathroom and someone will have a cold shower. We found a crack on our tub and the subcontractor did not patch it correctly. Had to come back to fix it and there was a new scratch he tried to hide, but a little wipe and it was very apparent.

We had to put our treadmill away since the outlets could not handle the treadmill with the TV on at the same time. We cannot have TV and fireplace going at the same time for too long. I inquired to increase the voltage, but was told they could not do anything about it, that it was per new CA code. One of the laminate wood was uneven under the carpet which got somewhat fixed and we have to be careful going up the stairs or we could get poked by nails underneath. There are creeks on some parts of the floor. We rather not ask for help or there may be more problems after supposedly being fixed.

We believe you can be remotely watched and/or heard in your home if they choose and can control other apparatus in the home, so don't complain or your house will be - the center of attraction - or you could be the problem child - for unwanted attention. Have the problems fixed by someone outside Lennar. Have a complete home inspection done by someone who knows and understands how smart homes work - ensure they are CA licensed. Check for hidden cameras, wiring, smart home setup and ensure no one else can control the apparatus in the home remotely.

Lennar Homes Company Information