2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.8/5 (164 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • Lowest walk-in on the market

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: May 1, 2021

At about 9:30 in the evening, the phone rang in less than five seconds as soon as I hit enter. It was a guy from Kohler wanting to set up an appointment. The rep was very polite and the installation of our tub went really well. My wife has been enjoying it. I've been in it too and it was great.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Pere, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you and your wife with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: April 30, 2021

The salesman from Kohler came out and he was very efficient. He sold us and made sure we understood the cost and everything. So, we were alright with that. There were three guys who did the installation and they were very efficient too. They went to their jobs and they took their time but didn't waste any. They had to take a doorframe off. One took it off and then one was taking the tub out while it happened. They knew what to do. So, I would recommend them to do things if you needed somebody to put a tub in whether it's from Kohler or not because they were good at what they did.

The installers made sure everything was set, and they put in everything and did the wiring. The electrical man had to come because you had to have a license to put in some wiring from the outside and hook it all up. But the installers did it to the end, caulked it and checked it all out. They made sure everything worked and they had it done. They came somewhere around 9:00 and left around 6:00. The guy said not to use it for a couple of days and to let the caulk dry good. So, we did. When we used the tub, it worked perfectly. We've shown the tub to our neighbors and the kids, and they couldn't get over it. They thought it was unbelievable. Kohler is super.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jimmy, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had an excellent sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: April 29, 2021

The installation of the Kohler walk-in tub was a one-day turn-key job and the installers did very well.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ed, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I’ve been having trouble with the valves that control the spray and I wish that I had more room. It's not the fault of Kohler but I'd like to have one that I could stretch out in. It was the biggest one and I was not happy with the follow-up. I tried to call the salesperson several times and didn’t get any response. But the installers were great. They put the tub in within a day.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Adrian, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive installation experience with us. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience so we appreciate your feedback on the valves. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the follow-up, and could not get a hold of the salesperson. Please contact our Customer Service team by calling (800) 986-5977 or visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service . They would be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: April 27, 2021

I was doing a search on the internet for walk-in tubs, and it popped up that Kohler had it. I looked into it because they have such a strong brand name. Their sales rep came in and he was super nice. One would think like it was gonna be like when Amway comes to your house, and they won't take no for an answer, but it was not like that. He worked with us. I was very pleased with everybody. Even the installers were extremely friendly, explained everything, did a really good job, and kept the place super clean. The walk-in was really something I wanted. I knew it was expensive, and it was going to be a commitment to do it. I’m very pleased that I did it. I now have less aches and pains and I like the pleasure of taking a bath again.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Helen, thank you for your review! We appreciate your trust in the Kohler name and the quality of our products. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: April 16, 2021

My mom had a stroke in 2018 and at first, she didn't want to have a tub installed. For two years, we struggled in and out of an antique clawfoot tub. She didn't want to get rid of it then my grandmother saw an ad on television for Safe Step tubs. My mom decided, "Well, let's, choose one." We had Safe Step and Kohler representatives come out. The Kohler representative was more knowledgeable. He was also very friendly and not pushy at all. On the other hand, the other guy walked into the house like we had already signed the papers, and they were going to install it that day. He was very pushy, so we decided on Kohler.

My mom asked who does those kinds of installations. I called four different plumbers that day and we set up appointments, and my mom was really impressed with how knowledgeable our sales rep was. During installation, there was a little bit of a hiccup at first because the installer was unaware that there was a window where he was going to be installing the tub. But he looked at it and we took the old tub out and he formulated a plan and got it in. He did a great job. He was amazing. Very friendly too.

I love the quality of the tub and I know my mom loves it as well. She has very limited mobility, still, right now. She's very flaccid on her right hand side, which was her dominant side. This has given her a chance to bathe without somebody having to be there to make sure that she can get in and out by herself. She told me that her favorite thing is that it drains quickly, so that she's not sitting there in cold water waiting for it to drain. The fact that it drains quickly and she can get in and out by herself is a major confidence boost for her. She can get some of that personal freedom back. She doesn't feel like she needs a babysitter.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Sharon, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise and that your mom is enjoying the independence her new Walk-In Bath has provided. We hope your mom enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: April 8, 2021

My wife and I are both getting older and we wanted a walk-in tub, but our hallways were too narrow, so we opted to go with the walk-in shower. The salesperson came to our house and told us about the products. He was friendly, very informative, and helpful. Then the installation team was very efficient. They were in and out in less than a day. We liked them both, they worked very well. The whole process was good. It's easy getting in and out with the walk-in shower and that's the main thing. It's a high-quality product. It will last us the rest of our life and probably whoever buys our house after we're gone.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Larry, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are also glad that you and your wife are able to get in and out of the shower easier. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: April 2, 2021

The old tub had been installed in such a way that it was very difficult for my wife and me to get into it. I purchased a walk-in tub from Kohler. I'm beginning to suspect that there are more discounts from Kohler than I received. I keep seeing the ad that says 15% rebate, and I didn't get any kind of a rebate. As far as the sales representative, he was very good. He brought a laptop computer that had a demonstration on it that he used to tell us about the product. But we were already sort of sold on the product.

The installation was delayed because the installers didn't think they needed a plumbing permit. They thought we were outside the city limits, but we're not. We did need a plumbing permit. So we sort of had to start over while I got one. Other than that, the work done was good. My wife and I didn't realize the tub is so small. We're both pretty big people. We're not obese, but we're tall. We're making it work.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jerry, thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and delayed completion time for your walk-in bath installation. Typically, your bath can be installed in as little as one day, but we recognize it can take longer depending on factors such as the home's plumbing, electrical outputs, and local permits needed. We are glad to hear you were satisfied with the installation of your KOHLER Walk-In Bath and that you and your wife are able to enter and exit easier and safer. We hope you both enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Got this unit for my mother and she immediately was elated to have access to the tub/shower much easier again, which is the point of a walk-in tub. Because of this, she's been able to handle daily bathing and clean-up herself, which also is self-assuring for when I'm not there and gave her some of her freedom again. The handle and door are a perfect size without hinderance and are easy to maneuver for her arthritis.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Lawrence! We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided your mother with the comfort and safety she deserves and we hope she enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 31, 2021

Kohler was a better company. One of the things I'm disappointed with Kohler was not getting what the individual that came here to sell it said. One of the things that he said was it pumps the water out instead of just letting it drain out, so it drains faster. My wife likes a hot tub. She asked him if it will keep the temperature that is in the tub instead of adding water to keep it hot. He said that the temperature will stay where it is because there's a feature in there that keeps it there, but that's not true. I was very disappointed with that because the representation that was here at the house was not the same as when the Kohler whirlpool was put in the house. I didn't think that was right. Those two things were what we really wanted and what the guy said were not true.

Other than that, I had six back operations so that was one of the main reasons for getting the tub. I'm 73 years old, so I didn't want to lay in the tub. I wanted to sit in it. Our Kohler helps me as far as my everyday life because it takes a lot of the pain away. I know how good Kohler is but I don't know if I'd recommend them because of what happened here at the house, when someone says you're going to get something and don't get it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Don, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the independence your Walk-In Bath has provided. We also sincerely apologize for the miscommunication about keeping the water warm. Depending on the plumbing and age of the home, it may be necessary for some customers to purchase a larger water tank in order to maintain the preferred water temperature in the bath. This ensures a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while you bathe. Thank you again for providing feedback on your experience. Have a nice day.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Going with Kohler was the easier thing to do because they offer the installation. We loved the rep that we worked with. He was very personable, he answered all our questions and he gave us options. He had on a mask when he was here, and he made sure that he stayed his distance. The installers were clean when they did the demo and installed everything. That was the cleanest demo ever. My dad enjoys the walk-in shower. It's a lot easier than getting in the tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Terri, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are also glad to hear your dad is enjoying his walk-in shower and is able to enter and exit easily. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: March 29, 2021

Getting a walk-in bath was a necessity. Working with the sales representative at Kohler was a very good experience. I like my Kohler. I like that it has a seat and it drains really easily. It does not take a long time to fill, too. I would recommend Kohler.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review and recommendation, Agnes! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us and that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: March 28, 2021

The Kohler salesperson was excellent. We really like the installers. The tub itself is fine. I really like the heat and the jets on it. But we had sent a picture to our salesperson. He was supposed to have somebody to come out and fix it because the caulk that they put at the back of the wall is coming out.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Donna, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us and that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. Our Customer Service team would be glad to help you with the caulk issue. You can contact our Customer Service team by calling (800) 986-5977 or visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 27, 2021

I got a walk-in tub from Kohler. The installers were great. They had to come back because they didn't send the window trim. Now that the tub is installed, I like being able to sit in it and have the bubbles and all that go on, and it feels better. I wish I had got the shower with it instead of the handheld though.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Carol! We are thrilled that you had a positive installation experience and that you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. The hydrotherapy jets are one of our favorite features too. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: March 26, 2021

The sales representative was excellent and had good follow-up calls. The installer did very professional work. My husband is a perfectionist and he tipped them a good tip. We wanted a regular shower, and there is a bar that the shower handle can be put, and we're still waiting on that. When they get it, they’ll bring it. I like that I can take a bath by myself there without a shower chair so that's good. Otherwise, my husband had to help me. We're liking our Kohler very much.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Monica, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 25, 2021

The whole experience with Kohler was excellent. I like the flexibility that you can use the hose either as a shower or separately. The tub is for my mother, and now, it is easier for her to get in and to shower.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Cynthia! We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent sales and installation experience! Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are so glad that your mom has enjoyed the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and is able to enter and exit easier and safer. We hope she enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I am almost 85 years old and I have sciatica. I was having trouble getting into a regular tub because my legs don't lift too high. I've been wanting to consider a walk-in tub and I mentioned it to my husband. After I offered him a little extra money on my behalf, he thought it was a good idea. He's been in it too so we're quite satisfied. I like the ability to get in and out and sit in warm water. My legs feel great when I come out. I’m very happy and everything's fine, except I have some little gray dots on some of the white that don't seem to come off. I wonder what I could use to get those off.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Marilyn! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Our Customer Service team would be glad to answer your questions about the dots. You can contact our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 or visit https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Nice overall walk-in bath. It's very expensive. Ok with bubbling system but would like to have some more on back and side to my body and back on my sitting leg. No water leak so far. I think better finding any other walk-in bath model and brand for better deal especially their multi-years motor and water system warranty.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Rafael! We are glad that you are enjoying your new KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience so we appreciate your feedback on the hydrotherapy jets feature. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 20, 2021

The installation was super great. The installers cleaned up their mess and were gone in one day. I love that the tub is very relaxing. After a hard day at work or a day that I don't feel real well, I love sitting in a tub of water and using the jets. It is wonderful. My husband loves it too. The best thing about the tub is that it is made in the United States. It's the best of the best.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Terry, thank you for your excellent review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience and we are thrilled to hear you and your husband are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. The soothing jets is one of our favorite features too. We hope you both enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a nice day!

Original review: March 19, 2021

Kohler walk in tub is one of the nicest company and their workers are very accommodating for the services that they provide. They are very good in fast services and making sure all is handled and I like that.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Carla, thank you for your review and kind words! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. Thank you again for taking the time to review us! Have a nice day!

Original review: March 18, 2021

The people that installed my Kohler walk-in tub were all right. They demonstrated it for me. My experience was good.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jesse, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: March 17, 2021

I'm 67 years old, so I can't get in a regular tub. I needed a walk-in. I haven’t taken a bath in five years and what I liked the best with my Kohler is I can take a bath. It’s wonderful. Two guys came to install, and the one that did most of it seemed like he was teaching the other guy. They were really nice, and they did a good job. The guy explained everything too. Everything looks nice and seems to be working well. I'm very pleased. However, we haven't been able to use it as the whole thing because I need to get a new water heater. It's so big, but we fill it up to the seat, at least.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Donna, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the independence your Walk-In Bath has provided. We hope you are able to get your new water heater soon so you may enjoy a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while you bathe. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 16, 2021

The rep was great about explaining everything to me and the people came out with no problem. They told me what they were doing and it didn't take too long to install. They were professional and they cleaned up behind themselves. They also showed me how to operate the tub. I have a problem stepping in the tub and that way, I don’t have too high to step into, and then I have a seat I can sit down because sometimes, I get a little unsteady on my feet.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Cassie, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: March 15, 2021

The tub costs too much but I like its ease of operation.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoy the ease of operation of the KOHLER Walk-In Tub. The KOHLER Walk-In Bath offers a competitive price relative to other walk-in bath brands. Some add-on options, such as hydrotherapy jets and LuxStone bath walls, will affect the quoted price. We ensure every bath meets our high standards and confidently offer the best walk-in bath on the market. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: March 14, 2021

The installers were very polite and didn’t leave a mess. The tub is put in very neatly. Also, it looks really nice. It looks better than I expected. I like the jacuzzi part and the warmed back.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Brenda, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales experience and that installation surpassed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: March 13, 2021

It seems very expensive for what it is but the quality seems fine. I like the jets and the bubblers.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Linda, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoy the Hydrotherapy whirlpool and BubbleMassage™ air jets. The KOHLER Walk-In Bath offers a competitive price relative to other walk-in bath brands. Some add-on options, such as hydrotherapy jets and LuxStone bath walls, will affect the quoted price. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: March 12, 2021

Kohler was a good company to work with. The sales guy was very polite and nice. The installers were in and out, and they cleaned up their mess. I threw my back out Friday so the tub has been wonderful.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Donna, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience and we are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. Have a nice day!

Original review: March 11, 2021

I knew the Kohler name. I simply called and asked for some information, and they sent their representative out. I was convinced after he talked with us that it was the best route for us to go. The father and son who came to install the tub were marvelous. They had to remove the frame around our bathroom door and do all of that in order to get it down. But they got everything done within a day and it looked beautiful and perfect when it was done. We've enjoyed the tub very much ever since.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joyce, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: March 10, 2021

A friend of ours recommended Kohler. She and her husband used to do remodeling. Kohler's reps knew what they were doing. They answered everything and did what we needed. We were very satisfied. And then, the installers did a beautiful job. We couldn't tell they have been here when they left. The tub does what it is supposed to, and that's what we wanted - a good water movement. Also, I don't have to keep adding water to keep it hot because it has the built-in heater. That's a big feature as opposed to a regular tub where I have to keep adding water to keep it warm.

We originally thought we had a little scuffed place on the tub. But it turned out it was just a little paint that when the installers had to paint, where they took part of the door facing to get the tub in. Then the brush brushed on there. My wife took her fingernails and said, "This comes right off. It's just a little paint." Everything was fine. The reps called me back a time or two to see how everything is going. They didn't just do the sale and leave.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jimmy, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise and that you enjoy our automatic in-line water heater which maintains the water temperature. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a nice day!

Original review: March 9, 2021

I couldn't get in the shower. I thought one of those baths would help me. The doctor thought that was a good idea, too. So, here I am with a new Kohler bathtub and I love it. The installers did it in one day. They were sweet, nice little guys and good-looking. I’ve already recommended Kohler to my 86-year-old sister and she's thinking about it too. She doesn't live here. My brother who lives with me and my sister-in-law both love it too. We're really happy.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Pauline, thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are glad that you are enjoying the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and are able to enter and exit easier and safer, and that your brother and sister-in-law love it too. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and recommending us to others. Have a nice day!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information