2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.8/5 (164 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • Lowest walk-in on the market

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: March 8, 2021

Everything went very well with my experience with them. The gentleman who came out here did a great job explaining everything. He also took his time. ​However, I don't know if I really got ripped off or not. I paid $23,000. That seemed like an awful lot. But when I mentioned to the rep, "I could think about it and get some other estimates." He said, "We can only do that today. If we can't settle the deal today, then the price is gonna go back up about another $3,000.” But it's worth it because the wife has had so many hip and knee replacements. She can get in there and just sit there with the jets running. She dearly loves the thing. The installers have done a great job too. The first day, they got out here about 10 o'clock and worked until 5:00. Then they came back the next day and finished it up. They were here a couple of hours on the second day because they needed some other supplies before they could finish it up. The finished product is great.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Marston, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience. We are so glad that your wife is enjoying the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and is able to enter and exit easier and safer. We hope you both enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: March 7, 2021

Our Kohler Walk-In Bath works fine. My sister-in-law is the one that uses it and she loves it. The crew that came did an excellent job. They replaced the floor too. When they first looked at it, they didn't know there was any wrong with it. Then they tried to do it. They didn’t charge us for it. They did a beautiful job. The sales rep was really good, too. He measured everything and did everything well. He sold us the idea of doing it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Edward, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise and that your sister-in-law loves it. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 6, 2021

The sales rep was very nice and the installers were good. I bought a soaker and I like all of it. In my other bathroom, I had a tub. I'm 91 years old, and I was afraid that I would get in the tub and couldn't get out.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Norma, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the independence your Walk-In Bath has provided. Have a great day!

Original review: March 5, 2021

I love my walk-in bath. Kohler seemed like the best out there, so I went with them and all of my experiences went well. The walk-in bath went right in. The people were clean and they were in and out. It was fast and everything's perfect.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Russell, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you love your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: March 4, 2021

We were very impressed with the sales rep. He wore his mask all the time, and his presentation was very professional and thorough. He was polite and answered all our questions, and had a good spiel. The installation was great too. My wife uses our walk-in bath. She has a lot of aches and pains, and it’s very soothing to her. She uses the hydrotherapy.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi William, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The hydrotherapy jets are some of our favorite features too. We hope your wife enjoys your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: March 3, 2021

I appreciated the Kohler rep's visit very much. The installation was an excellent service. I like how convenient the access into the tub is, the spa features and the jets. I'm very satisfied.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Bob, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience and we are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. Have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

We have had problems with the walk in tub from the beginning. First, our 50 gallon hot water heater runs out of hot water before covering the jets. It is turned up as high as possible and starts hot enough to burn someone, but runs cold before filling the tub. No one warned us about that. That would be the biggest complaint. It often makes us decide not to use it. Second, the shower lever is so hard to raise and lower that it makes the shower hard to use. The open/close lever cover falls off with every bath. We put it back on and screw it down, but next bath it shakes loose and falls off again. At present, we feel like we paid a lot of money for something that is not what we hoped it would be.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Kathryn, thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the walk-in bath. Depending on the plumbing and age of the home, it may be necessary for some customers to purchase a larger water tank in order to maintain the preferred water temperature in the bath. This ensures a comfortable, shoulder-height soaking depth while you bathe. We also apologize for the issue with the door lever and would like to assist you. Please contact our Customer Service team by calling (800) 986-5977 or visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service . We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

There seemed to be some miscommunication between the sales representative and the installer. What she said wasn’t what was done by the installers who were doing the work. The door frame was not big enough and she mentioned that but then, there was a lot of difficulty with cutting around the corner. The whole thing was stressful but the installers were great. We got the walk-in bath for my mother. She says that she feels better using the Whirlpool with her legs. She had a walk-in bath before so she was familiar with it. But her old one did not have the features that this one has. The heated back where you lean against is my favorite. Also, the shower nozzle on the one we had before was up higher and this one is attached to the actual tub. That makes it nice.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Kelly, thank you for your review! We apologize for the confusion regarding the dimensions of the KOHLER Walk-In Bath door, and we are glad that you had a positive installation experience with us. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The Bask heated backrest and convenient multi-function handshower are some of our favorite features too! Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I've always had Kohler products. Even my old stuff are all Kohler. High-quality. There are other types of walk-in tubs on the market. But I didn't have any feeling like I should check those out when I knew Kohler. I like the heated back a lot. I use that even when I'm just sitting down using the showerhead. It keeps me extra warm. It's a tight fit. To get in, I have to turn sideways. But it's fine. I take a jet bath in it once a week. The rest of the time, I just use it as a tub. I fill it up part of the way, use the showerhead, sit there and shower myself off.

We had very good service. We only had one problem, and that was the toilet that came with the tub was too high. My feet didn't even touch the floor. I wanted a higher toilet, so I was okay with it. But it was 19 inches and my legs are not really long. I felt like a kid. I said to my husband we had to replace it. Kohler came back and replaced that. They had to come back from Pennsylvania and put a new one in. I felt bad for them. But my legs would go numb. If you ever use that toilet, which came free with the package, make sure the person knows how long it is. When the tech came back, it was a different man and he said, “Oh, I can see why there’s a problem.” Other than that, everything was very good.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Leanne, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer and taking the time to share your experience with the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

The purchase process at Kohler was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't think that the installers could do as good as they did. They were very polite and they listened to what I asked them. They answered all my questions. The walk-in tub adds to the bathroom we have. I thought it would be an eyesore but it isn't. My wife uses it and if it hadn't been for that tub, she couldn't enjoy taking a bath.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the purchasing process and had a positive installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided your wife with the comfort and safety she deserves. We hope she enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

The installers were very professional and nice about everything. They kept their masks on and explained things to me. The job was done very quickly and nicely. I'm getting up in age and I'm having back problems. My Kohler is so much easier than a regular bathtub and it works beautifully. It's total relaxation. I'm going in every other day and enjoying it tremendously.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Chuck, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise, and has provided you a spa-like experience. We agree; it is very relaxing! We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Kohler's rep was very knowledgeable and working with him was a great experience. The installation team had a big job in that they had to tear out my existing tub, and they were terrific. My husband and I are very happy with the walk-in bath we got.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Barbara, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. We are delighted to hear you and your husband are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

The workers were very nice and the quality of work they did was very good. I would recommend Kohler if you're looking really for a walk-in tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joyce, thank you for your review and for recommending us to others! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

The Kohler crew that came out was very professional, very courteous and they worked the whole time they were here. It was very well done. I like the jets in the water and the temperature too.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Verna, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets, convenient multi-function handshower, and easy maintenance are some of our favorite features too.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I love Kohler products. They last and they're 110% top quality. The reps of Kohler were wonderful. The installers were great too. I love all the features of my walk-in tub. I have trouble with my back and I also have arthritis in my knees and some of my joints, and it has helped me tremendously with that.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Robin, thank you for your review! We appreciate your trust in the Kohler name and the quality of our products, and it's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are also thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath and that you love all of the features. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

The Kohler tub is really relaxing. I was upset though. They sent young kids and they didn't do a great job putting the molding back on. I've been working on that myself. But other than that, they did a great job putting it in there.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Roy, thank you for your review! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We appreciate your feedback and we will make sure to pass it along to our team. Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The people at Kohler are all nice fellows. They took care of me alright. I called Kohler this morning. I have a question on how much water is used every time I use the walk-in bath. I've had a letter from the water company saying I'm using an excess amount of water.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Herbert, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath. They would be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

The installation crew was very efficient and I would highly recommend them for any other job. I have an unfavorable condition though. The 50-gallon hot water tank doesn't have enough hot water to completely fill it with a warm temperature of water. I had a call to discuss about the amount of hot water and Kohler sent a plumber out. He adjusted the device that they installed that was supposed to increase the amount of hot water to raise the temperature of the water. But it isn't quite enough. Still, it was a good experience with Kohler.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Sam, thank you for your review and for recommending us to others! We are glad to hear you had a positive installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

The salesperson from Kohler was amazing, knowledgeable and had great customer service. The installer was very professional and then, they got somebody out to do the drywall and he matched it perfectly. I was concerned because it was smaller than my bath that was put in there. So, there was a big gap. They did a good job of cleaning up and making it look good. They removed the old bath and took care of everything. The installation was very smooth. My mom was struggling holding up my dad because he was quite heavy and I got the tub ready for him. So, I like that she's not having to do that anymore. She can sit him in the bath and wash him. It's much better for her. The walk-in bath is the best decision you can make to help your parents.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Fernanda, thank you for your review and for recommending us to others! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience, and we are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided your parents with the comfort and safety they deserve. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

The quality of Kohler's product is excellent and I like the ease of using it. The installers finished the installation in one day and did a very good job. I've been very satisfied with the purchase.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Rian, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us; it's truly appreciated! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience, and we are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

The purchase went smoothly and the people that installed it were very nice too. I like the jets of the walk-in bath and after I play tennis or something, I can get in it and relax.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Gregory, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a nice day!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Their installers were meticulous. They had to do a massive build on mine because I had a six-foot area they had to fill in. They had to build up on both ends and on the back. They did a fantastic job. My favorite feature of the tub is the massage jets. The only thing I found with it that it scared the tooky out of me was when pushing the air jets or the massage jets to come on, they come on full force. They could start the air jets and stuff at the low range and then let them move up instead of starting at the high power. But other than that, it is fantastic.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joyce, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive installation experience with us, and that you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. The soothing jets are some of our favorite features too! Thank you for your suggestions, we will pass along your feedback to our team. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I really liked the sales guy that came out. I didn't feel like he was pushy. Also, the installation was really good. The guys were quick, cleaned up after themselves, and explained everything after they were finished. The work was excellent. My mother really enjoys the tub. I would recommend Kohler. I've told some friends whose parents are kind of getting up there in age. It's kind of pricey but I feel like it gives a little bit more independence.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Renee, thank you so much for taking the time to review us and recommend us to others! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are delighted to hear that your mother is enjoying the independence her new KOHLER Walk-In Bath has provided.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

The Kohler rep came and made a sales pitch. He was very kind and seemed to be very knowledgeable. The installation people worked hard and had it done in a day. The tub is the most expensive thing I've ever bought but the jets are really restorative to my body. But I've only used it four times because the motor went out. It's not working now.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Donna, we apologize for the issue with the motor. Please know Kohler strives to delight our customers through our one level of quality standard for all Kohler products. We have forwarded your comments to your KOHLER Authorized Dealer for further assistance and solutions regarding this issue. They will contact you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

The techs were quick, on time, and did a good job. We had two issues with the plumbing. First, they had the cold and hot water backward. They had to come back and fix that. Then, we had a problem with the drain. My mother-in-law who's 86 went in the tub and it took her a half-hour to get out 'cause the walk-in was barely draining. The problem was with the drain plug itself. There was a little screw that one tightens to get it to the right height. The techs didn't tighten that so I fixed it myself. We like our Kohler Walk-In a lot. My mother-in-law uses it every day and she absolutely loves it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a quick installation process and that the plumbing issues were resolved promptly. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you and your mother-in-law with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We had bought a house and Kohler would be a good tub to have. We didn't realize that it would be $25,000 but we bought it. The installation was great and seamless. The tub is easy to get into, fills up quickly and drains fast. The jets are great. I’ve used the tub and I like it but I’m trying to figure out how to get my husband in. Usually, I would take a step into the shower and lift him in. But there's not enough room to do that and that is one feature I don't like. I'm not a little person and there's not much room to turn when you get in. So, there needs to be a little room between the seat and the doorway. Closing the door is hard to do. It would probably be better if the door closed from the outside rather than from the inside. But I enjoy everything else.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ida, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We also enjoy the soothing jets and the easy accessibility of our bath. Thank you for your suggestions. We will pass along your feedback to our team and appreciate you taking the time to write. Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Everything was excellent. My mom is very happy with the workmanship. She said she has never seen anything like it. She was highly impressed. She’s the one that keeps her home up and she’s got several folks in and out of the home.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joy, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that your mom had a positive installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We hope she enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

The sales agent did a very good presentation and the installers did an awesome job. I like everything about the Kohler Walk-in Bath. The jets are nice.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Brenda, thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us and we are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

The reps of Kohler were really good. I like the bubbles of the tub. My favorite feature is that I don't have to climb over and get in the tub. I could just walk in and sit down. I'm 93 years old. I can't do too much jumping anymore.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Darrel, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience with our representatives and that you are enjoying the safety, comfort, and independence your KOHLER Walk-In Bath has provided. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

The sales rep answered all our questions and told us all about Kohler. Then, the installers explained a lot of things to us and showed us how the bath worked. One of my least favorite features is the hot water. We have to change our hot water heater. Other than that, we really like it. Our son-in-law likes to get in there and with the jets to go in and help the difficulties he has.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Ruth, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. The soothing jets are one of our favorite features as well! We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information