4.7/5 (245 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • 3-inch step-in height

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

The team that came out was from a company called Home Smart. There were three guys, Colin, David, and Kyle. They were extremely polite, very punctual, and worked around our schedule. They cleaned up after themselves. They worked quickly and they really knew what they were doing.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, Laureen! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your installation experience, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I had the guys put the tub in. They were great guys. I didn't give them a hard time trying to tell them what to do because I figured they'd know what to do. They did a great job. I was really happy with it. My wife uses the tub and she likes everything on it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, David! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Thanks again!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The rep was great. He was like somebody I'd known forever. He was very helpful and thorough. He was also very kind and polite. He’s a great guy. We both liked him. When the install guy called at 8:00 the day he was supposed to be there, he said, “My truck won't start. I don't know what's wrong with it. And it’s gonna take me several hours to get there.” I said, “Well, just come tomorrow.” That worked out really well. He came the next day and arrived right on time.

The two guys that did the installation were great. I thought it would take more than two guys to get all of that done. But they ran an electric line. They put in the pipes. They did a great job. They had to take the door frame out and part of the sheetrock and they’ve put everything back. It looks perfect. I got the bathtub installed for mom. Mom’s 94, and she likes to take baths now. The thing that she likes the most is leaning back against the thing that heats up the back. So while you're waiting for the tub to fill, you’re nice and warm. I'm glad we went with Kohler.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Dorey, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are also glad to hear your mom is enjoying his walk-in bath and is able to enter and exit easily. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

The sales rep was very knowledgeable and explained to me everything about the product. My experience is very good.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Galina, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Kohler's ad was a little clearer than most of the other companies. Their work was top quality. The sales rep was very informative and knowledgeable, answered our questions, and not pushy. The installation was one day. There was not a lot of disruption. They cleaned up and got everything out of here and showed us how the tub worked. We signed the papers and the work was done and they walked.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Melonie, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

We very much like the walk-in that we got from Kohler. We also liked the installation that they performed and the attitudes of the workers that were here doing it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, William! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Thanks again!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I like the salesman. He was excellent. He did everything we asked of him and answered every one of our questions. The work ethic of the installation crew was excellent. They went over and above what they should have been doing. When the tub first came in, it was scratched, and I didn't even notice it. They said that they weren't going to put it in. They sent it back, came back again and put the new one in. They were very conscientious. They had to jury-rig the tub because of how the other tub was in. It was a garden tub that was set in differently than most. They spent a lot of time trying to design it so that it fit and worked well. They did a great job. I'm loving the tub. My husband's doing very well with it. He feels very safe in it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Susan, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you and your husband with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Kohler's sales rep, Greg, did a very good job and the installers were excellent. We also all of the features and safety aspects of our walk-in bath such as the shower attachment in the seat and the heat.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Bruce, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

I love our Kohler walk-in bath and the team that installed it was great. They were a couple young fellows and they knew what they were doing. They ran into more work the way our tiling was done when they got the tub out, but they handled it very well. I had a lot of jackhammer stuff going on and I was surprised. They had 10 inches of concrete they had to go through to get to our drain, so it was a little more than they expected. They put in some long hours and it was a two-day job. I was very pleased because they had to take some door casings off to get in it and I can't even tell that they were taken off. They put them back so well. They were also nice to us and they didn't treat us like a couple of old people.

So far, I like the bubbles of the tub while my husband likes the jets and the heat. It takes a lot of water and you can't do two baths in one day. They also had to put in a new water heater for us, so that was another project. But we knew that since the agent told us that we'd have to get a bigger water heater. Other than that, my husband loves the tub especially before he goes to bed. He has some back problems, and it helps him out and relaxes his back. My main thing when I wanted it was balance. I love to have a bath and I was afraid that I'm going to fall down or I'll get in and won't be able to get out. I've told people about our Kohler and they're jealous. They said it costs so much but I told them that you just have to get your priorities straight. And it's got to be a lot cheaper than having a broken hip.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi June, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you and your husband with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I had a little problem with the drain. They came to fix that. Other than that, the Kohler tub has been okay. I'm kinda wondering if it’s worth that much money as I paid for it, but I like it. I like the therapy part of it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Virginia, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions, they mean so much to us. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying the hydrotherapy features and benefits of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath, and we hope you continue to enjoy it for years to come!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

A lot of my friends said Kohler was a good company so I looked at their walk-in bathtubs. The representative who came here was very nice and knowledgeable. She did a good representational job. On the day of the installation, the guys that came took out the other bathtub and installed the walk-in tub. They did that in one day. However, I needed another water heater because my water heater was a little too small. A plumber came in along with them and he put the water heater in, which is in the garage. Two electricians also came and they went into the attic to fool around with the electrical that came down in my bathroom. They fixed another circuit breaker into my circuit breaker. There were about five or six guys and they all did the work. They all coordinated with each other and it was immaculate. They came at 8:00 and left around 5 o'clock.

My new tub is very easy to maneuver and get in and get out of. It's very easy to put on the jets and water and everything else like that. It's so much easier than going into my other bathtub, which I could hardly get out of. I had to use a seat in my other bathtub. With this Kohler bathtub, it takes me less time to take a bath and it's so much cleaner. It's much more wonderful. I like the air vents that come out in the front so I can put my feet on it because it makes my feet feel much better.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Karan, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets and easy maintenance are some of our favorite features too!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I've used Kohler products for years. Our fixtures in the kitchen are from Kohler. Their salesperson was superb. He took a nice amount of time to talk to my wife and me about a major purchase and put us completely at ease with making the decision and discussed all the benefits of a walk-in tub. He sold it without hard selling it. We were batting around like, “Do we really want to or not?” It seemed like a good investment.

My wife said that the installers were professional and did a good job. The bathroom looks wonderful. I like the jets and the ability to have a hot tub inside the house without having to go to the health club for it. I work in manufacturing and at 53, when I get home, I’m sore and tired. I can get in the bathtub and soak away my aches and pains, enjoy my evening and sleep better because I’m not sore. Overall, from the time that we contacted the Kohler team to the time that they came out and demonstrated the product, everyone was professional, polite, and courteous.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi John, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

My experience with Kohler was super. When the salesman came out and did the proposal, he was very positive about the product. He was also professional and answered all of our questions. He had lots of information and samples and spent a lot of time going through everything with us. He was very patient too. I took that as a sign that it was a customer service-oriented kind of deal.

One of the things that I was worried about when we were looking at those tubs was they looked narrow. They are narrower than a regular tub, but the Kohler one looked like it was wider than some of the competitors. It also looked safer, in terms of the ability to grip the side of it as a way of supporting yourself, getting up and down out of that seating area. Some of the other ones that I looked at, you could grab around the edge of it, but it's flimsy, almost like a sharp-edged part of the tub up there. Whereas the Kohler thing looked like it was designed as something to grab on to to support yourself.

The thing that I was blown away with was the skill set of the two guys that installed the tub. They've gotta be these generalists as far as construction goes. They've gotta know plumbing, electrical, and carpentry because every one of those disciplines is involved in getting the tub in there and getting it working. They had to run some electrical lines around my house outside with a conduit and run it inside the garage to get at the electrical boxes in there. Everything was complicated and time-consuming but they got it done. It was challenging to navigate around the small space, get the thing in there and get it installed, but they did an incredible job all the way around.

There were a couple of things that were bad, but I don't fault Kohler for it. One, the installation date was delayed about six months. But that was due to some difficulty in the supply chain in getting some of the wall parts. The other thing is it's ridiculously expensive. It's 22,000 bucks for a tub. But I knew that going in. It was a choice, not a surprise. It's outrageous as far as the cost goes, but in terms of the work and the quality of the product, we couldn't be happier. The tub is a wonderful product. There is also a lifetime guarantee if anything went wrong that sounded a great protection that was built into the deal.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Sean, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Kohler has excellent customer service. Some other people could learn from them. Their salesman was very good at explaining everything, and so I decided to go forward with it. The installers were very good, too. They operated with excellence. The installation was a little bit more difficult in my case, but they were able to troubleshoot and do an outstanding job. They were very skilled. Kohler's product is very high quality, too. I really like the way I can fit in comfortably and do my shower. I do that more than just taking a full bath. I enjoy being able to do it like that.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Julie, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, as we strive to provide the best customer service. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

We thought getting the Kohler was a good deal, and we had to go ahead and do something because of my wife's back. The representatives were very good. My wife loves our new tub and I love it too. The jets and everything else do her back well.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Jack, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are also glad to hear your wife is enjoying the hydrotherapy features and benefits of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

The sales rep was a nice guy. He went through everything. We had three gentlemen here for the installation. They were in and out, and the guy was explaining to me what he was doing. They carried everything out with them and put their little booties on so they wouldn't mess up the floor. When they were taking out the old one, they took a small chunk of drywall out. They patched that and the guy wanted to paint it for me. Unfortunately, we didn't have the same color of paint.

I like the ability to be able to sit down to a heated seat. The only thing that I wish I had is a larger water heater. I got 50 gallons, and it will fill it up to below the handle, then I have to shut the water off and wait for about 15 minutes for the heat back up. If I had a larger water heater, I probably wouldn't have that problem. But I'd recommend it. I've sent pictures of it to others. If I had to have a little concern, it was the supply chain. We started the process in January but didn't get anything until June. Also, the commercial Kohler has is weird. They got two women walking down the street and one woman says if she hadn't gotten this Kohler bath, she would have had to sell her house. That's a little overboard. I’m not gonna sell my house because of a bathtub. Then the other woman says, “I might have to look into that, too.” Then they compliment the guy who’s working so hard but he's just standing out on the lawn squirting along with a hose.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Chuck, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions, they mean so much to us. We are so happy to hear that you had a good sales and installation process. However, we are sorry to learn about your water heater issue. Customer satisfaction is our priority. If there’s anything we can do to make your experience better, please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 986-5977 or by visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Everything was on time. We had to wait for the chair, but that was no big deal. The installation was good. We had to call them once about the caulking. It wasn't sealed tightly. They said it wouldn't cause any damage but I had them refill it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Lorene, thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions, they mean so much to us. We are so happy to hear that you had a positive installation experience. However, we are sorry to learn about the caulking issue. Customer satisfaction is our priority. If there’s anything we can do to make your experience better, please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 986-5977 or by visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Kohler is made in the United States, not in China or someplace else. Everybody from sales on down was very professional and respectful. I'm very pleased. The sales rep was very personable and patient with me as I tried to make a decision. The installers didn't waste any time. However, for the first tub that had been brought out, nobody noticed it had a crack in it. They had to have another one brought out and that took an hour. They had that hour that they didn't have a lot to do. But they spent it cleaning up. They weren't just sitting in the truck listening to the radio.

I like the tub. However, I didn't know that I was going to need a new water heater. When the plumber came out and explained everything to me, he explained that my water heater wasn't big enough, and it was too old to add on a tank booster. He said if I tried to put a tank booster on it, one of the fittings might break, and I'd be without hot water. I didn't make arrangements to get a new hot water heater yet so the tub doesn't quite fill up with hot water because of that.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Rita, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you had an overall positive experience with us, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced the day of the installation regarding the water heater. If there’s anything we can do to make your experience better, please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 986-5977 or by visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I had several different vendors come here to show and discuss what their tubs were like. But I liked the cleaner design of Kohler. Also, one of my primary reasons for going with Kohler was that I wanted something where it was a complete installation. I didn't want to have to deal with a plumber and an electrician and subcontractors. I wanted to make sure that they use the people to install it correctly. The electrician did a great job. I like the way he used up the boxes in my junction box. He left two spots there where if I decide to put in an electric vehicle, I have available slots there. He was done in no time. The installer, Shawn, did a great job keeping up with cleaning up and making sure everything was perfect. He was like he was working on his own bath.

I like the Jacuzzi, the whirlpool and the air jets. I also like that I can fill it halfway and enjoy a foot massage. The tub is easy to maintain. It's clean. I like that after it drains about 15 minutes later, it cleans out the jets to prevent any mildew. I'm in a 55 and over community, and everyone sort of has the same explanation. They have bathtubs, but who can use them? You can't get in and out of them gracefully. The Kohler walk-in tub opens up a whole new world. A few people have seen mine. They like it. They may not want to put up the money that I did. But at least, it puts a thought in their mind of what to do if they do major renovations in their house.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Vincent, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience! Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets and easy maintenance are some of our favorite features too!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

The sales agent was great. The installation didn’t take long at all. They finished a little earlier on the second day than the first day. The tub is tricky for a senior citizen, but we love it. I'm not a small guy but it's very comfortable for a guy my size, 6-foot. We're getting compliments on it. We have a shower curtain over it. It seems to blow everybody up. They say they like it but it's too expensive. I wish it was cheaper.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, Charlotte & James! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Thanks again!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

We like the convenience and safety of the walk-in bath. The installers did a wonderful job.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Brad, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

My mom is liking the tub well. However, she feels she’s floating off the seat because she’s short. It might need something, like another handle she can hold onto. But that’s about the only complaint she’s got.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you so much for your review, Charles. Every customer’s opinion matters to use as we are continually striving to improve our service. We are thrilled your mom is enjoying her KOHLER® Walk-In Bath! However, we are sorry for the inconvenience she experienced with the seat. If there’s anything we can do to make your experience better, please reach out to our customer service team at (800) 986-5977 or by visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

The rep was great. He went over everything and told me exactly what they had to do. The installer was on time and did an excellent job. He didn't take a lunch break. Before he left, he explained how everything works and what to clean the tub with. I love the tub. The jets help.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Debbie, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets and easy maintenance are a few of our favorite features too.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

One guy did the installation and he did a good job. I like the jets on the tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi James, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

We had a bathtub before this one that didn't work very well. It was Kohler, but I don’t believe it was the fault of the tub as far as why it failed. But this one works well. The salesperson was terrific.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, Jim! We're so happy to hear that you had a good sales experience, but are sorry your previous bathtub didn't work well. We hope you enjoy your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath for years to come.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

When we built our house, we went down to Kohler and picked out everything we wanted for bathroom and sinks. We were well pleased so we decided to go with Kohler again. This time, we put in the walk-in tub downstairs so we didn’t have to step over it. When they came out and gave us the estimate, they were good with it. We’re well pleased with what they did for us. They did an excellent job installing it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Norbert, thank you for taking the time to review us! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and appreciate your trust in the Kohler name and the quality of our products. Have a nice day.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

The walk-in shower is much easier. I love it. Everything is great about it. You don’t have to step over anything. The installation team was great. I love the guys. I’ve heard of the name Kohler before and I knew it was good stuff, but the thing that sold me was it’s a lifetime guarantee. It's a big investment but at least, you don’t have to worry about anything.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Charles, thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

It was a good experience from start to finish. The sales rep was as knowledgeable and it wasn't a hard sell. The installation was more than a day, but that was shared upfront. The guys knew what they were doing.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, Mike! It's great to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience from start to finish. We hope you enjoy your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

The installation went very well and the crew was all very professional. There was a problem in that one of the pipes wasn't connected properly. There was a little bit of a leak but they cleaned it up. They had to come back a second day. Other than that, everything went smoothly. I like the tub very much. I have used it a number of times already and I'm enjoying it. I only wish the two outside knobs or the push buttons would be identified because I don't remember which does what. I printed out the directions and I have it in a plastic bag over by the tub so that every time I use it, I can refer to it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, Paulette! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Your feedback is much appreciated as our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience. We appreciate your trust in the Kohler name and the quality of our products. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Kohler's salesperson was wonderful. He answered all the questions and was very patient. He went out if I asked questions. He went out to his car and brought in the colors. He was not pushy. The installers were excellent, too. They did everything they needed to. They ran into a problem and got that quickly fixed. Even the supervisor came out and made sure it was okay. They were a good team.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

We appreciate the review, Leitah! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from start to finish, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Thanks again!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information