2. Homeowners
  3. Walk-In Bathtubs

4.8/5 (164 ratings)

About Kohler Walk-In Bath

Kohler manufactures and sells walk-in baths and other bathroom products. The company uses its own patented technology on its air-massage jets and heated surfaces. Kohler also offers a variety of wall designs to customize your tub to your bathroom decor. If you’re interested, reach out for a free in-home consultation and quote.

Pros

• Various wall design options
    • One-day installations
    • Custom fits available
    • Lowest walk-in on the market

Cons

• Pricey upgrades
    • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

Kohler's walk-in tubs feature patented technology to keep you safe and comfortable, like BubbleMassage air jets and Bask heated surfaces. It can be expensive, but it offers many customizations.

Kohler Walk-In Bath Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohler Walk-In Bath?

Original review: June 30, 2021

I got good feedback about Kohler that they were a good company to deal with and stand by everything. On the day of installation, the installers called and told me that they were on their way. When they got close to here, they called back to verify if they had the right address then came on down. They introduced what they were going to do and told me that my electricity would have to go off. They turned off the water too and let me know when it would be back on. They did great work and I was very satisfied. I love getting in and out of the tub. I also love the fact that I'm sitting down and I got the jacuzzi part. I have a twin brother and I’m trying to get him on board with the idea. They love the tub too.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Geraldine, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are thrilled that you had a positive installation experience and that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: June 29, 2021

We called the number and the gentleman came and told us all about the walk-in bath. We had been thinking about getting one so we were happy with what he told us and we went along with it. The installers were very good and we were amazed that they were able to do the installation in such a short time. We are familiar with the Kohler brand and the walk-in bath is everything we expected it to be. We're satisfied and it's fun to use it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Inge, thank you for your review! We appreciate your trust in the Kohler name and the quality of our products, and we are thrilled that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are glad that you are enjoying the comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: June 28, 2021

We had looked into Safe Step, had them come out and kind of price a walk-in tub. It was a ridiculous price and there was no way we could afford it so we had to tell them no. Then I saw a commercial that Kohler had walk-in tubs. Somebody from Kohler called me and I talked to him. He told me he could make us a better deal. We agreed to look into it when spring came and we did. He was awesome. We loved him. When you talk to him, he listens to you. He doesn't misunderstand what you're telling him. He's the friendliest fellow.

There was some confusion during the installation but it worked out okay. They were gonna install it one day but they've got a new girl running the scheduling and she forgot to call the electricians. The guys who brought the tub to install it were running behind and it was gonna be nine o'clock before they were able to get it done. Plus, we wouldn't get to use the tub until four or five days later. They didn't think that that would be too cool so they discussed it with me and came back on Thursday. Those two guys were awesome. They knew exactly what to do and how to do it. They did the installation in a great timeframe. They took out our old tub and cleaned up every five minutes. When we went in there after they finished, you couldn't tell there’d been construction going on in there. It was so clean.

We love our Kohler walk-in bath. The best thing we ever did was buy it. It is expensive but it is awesome. My favorite features are the ability to get in and out of it. The jets and the bubbles are wonderful. It is so relaxing and makes you feel good. My husband has brain damage and had to relearn how to walk. I always believed that if we could get him something like this tub, the warm water, the jets and the massage would relax his muscles and help him walk better, and they do. He gets in it every day now and lets those jets and air bubbles massage his legs. Now, he walks a lot smoother than he did. His legs and back are much more relaxed. He jumps out of the bed now instead of having stand up, fall down, stand up, fall down.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your amazing review and kind words! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that you and your husband are enjoying the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and that your husband is reaping the health and wellness benefits of the hydrotherapy jets. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: June 27, 2021

My interaction with the reps were good. I also like the tub and I’m satisfied with it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Willia, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve and hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: June 26, 2021

The sales rep of Kohler was really nice and helpful. We like the jets of the tub. The only drawback is that you have to wait for it to fill up. The installation went well, but they had to come back because there was a plate on one of the hangers to hang up the showerhead and the plate came off. I don't think he ever glued it. The other thing was that, in our other bathroom, when I went to take a shower in there, it was cold water. They did not turn the steam back on. But, they came back and both items were fixed. I would recommend Kohler Walk-In Bath. It's just a little pricey. But you have the Kohler name on it and they stand behind all their products.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Mary, thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. The soothing jets are one of our favorite features too! While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and recommending us to others. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 25, 2021

The reps were great. They did a good job installing the product as well as explaining it. It's for my mother-in-law and it works great for her. She loves it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

James, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are thrilled to hear your mother-in-law is enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 24, 2021

The sales rep, Elliot, was knowledgeable. The installation guys were amazing too. They got here and stayed with it till they had it done in one day. My 91 year old mother-in-law is living with us, and she wouldn't take a shower. She had fits getting into the other tub as well, but she is taking baths in the Kohler step-in, so that’s a good thing. The first one she took was five minutes long, and then after that, she’s a little more accustomed to it. She's leery of pushing buttons, but we get her off, and she's okay in it. We're quite pleased. We show the tub to everybody that comes in the house too.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Larry, thank you for your review! It is wonderful that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are so glad that your mother-in-law is enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath, and we hope she enjoys her new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: June 23, 2021

The reps were great. They've done good with me.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Charlotte, it always puts a smile on our faces when we receive positive feedback from our customers! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us; it is appreciated!

Original review: June 14, 2021

I got the standard walk-in bath from Kohler and the two installers who came up took their time and did a very good clean up job. The walk-in bath has the shower adapter, the heating on the seat and back, and has the bubbles, which I like. It relieves the pain from my feet. I have a blood clot in my leg and the walk-in helps me to circulate and relax, and it makes me sleep a lot better. My friend in Midland, Texas was thinking about the walk-in bath strongly and I told her not to go to the cheap one. She should go to the one that has high quality. It will last ten times better. I have another friend with a Step and he has nothing but lots of problems. He needed the tub and they didn't do anything. One of the reasons that I did not use them was because I wanted something better that would last me. The salesman pushed Kohler to me and he convinced me.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Glenn, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve and that you are enjoying the health and wellness benefits of its hydrotherapy whirlpool jets. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come! Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 13, 2021

The sales rep of Kohler I worked with was a total pro and he knew what he was doing. The installation was fantastic too. They got it done in one day. Just like the salesman who came out, the crew knew their business too and just took care of it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi James, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. Our team strives to be informative, courteous and efficient to give you the best customer service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come!

Original review: June 12, 2021

Everybody at Kohler did a great job. Everything was excellent from the start to the finish. My wife really enjoys the walk-in bath. It's nice.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi David, thank you for your review. We're thrilled to hear that you're pleased with your experience with us! We are also glad that your wife is enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: June 11, 2021

The sales rep of Kohler Walk-In Bath was terrific. But I have a problem. If you're in a regular bathtub, you fill it up, and then you get in. Then, when you finished, you get out and you drain your tub. But, this one, you have to be in there and then you have to be in there for when it drains. Unless it's gonna suck it out real fast, you're chilled because you're sitting there waiting for it to empty and your body is exposed and it's wet. I don't know how it could be fixed. But other than that, I would recommend Kohler because the man who put it in knew what he was doing. He was very professional.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Myrna, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. We suggest turning on the Bask heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable while the bath fills and drains. Also, the hand shower may be used at any time during your bath for a warm rinse. If you have any additional questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact us. You can reach our Customer service team by calling (800) 986-5977 or visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service . Have a wonderful day!

Original review: June 8, 2021

I had companies come out and Kohler was the most professional. I also had more faith in their product. They have great customer service. The installation of my walk-in tub was all very clean and very efficient. I love the tub especially the jets and the heat. I now have less pain so I'm a little more active.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Stephanie, thank you for being a loyal Kohler customer and taking the time to share your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience and that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The soothing jets and Bask heated backrest are some of our favorite features too! We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 27, 2021

Kohler had a lot of better features for the elderly. We got their walk-in tub and their sales rep was very clear and concise on the features. The tub is nice and my mom really likes it. That was the reason I put it in. There are built-in rails and a long hinge on the door. There is also a lower step-in. Unfortunately, my mom has arthritis in her shoulder, so it's a little hard. It comes up so high on the sides. But that's what I wanted in order for her to soak her shoulders. We make do. We have to have a step stool to reach her and bathe her.

My mom has not been in a bathtub for four years and she’s always liked to take baths. Just getting her in there, she feels better overall. It helps her with her arthritis too. She was really nervous the first couple of times. We took a bath last Saturday and she said it was wonderful. I turn the bubbles on her and I leave her to sit in there for 20 minutes or so, and she’s good.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Carol, thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and we are thrilled that your mom is enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. We hope she enjoys your new walk-in bath for years to come. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us; it's truly appreciated!

Original review: May 26, 2021

The sales rep was really good and the installation went really fast. Kohler's reps did a good job on the tub and it worked right.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Thank you for your review, Steven! We are delighted that you had a positive sales and installation experience, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 25, 2021

Kohler's sales rep knew what he was talking about and the installer did a really good job. Our tub has the bench where you can sit down and I like that because I have a hard time standing for very long. The tub also makes showering a whole lot easier.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Diana, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you with the comfort and safety you deserve. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 24, 2021

We told Kohler's rep exactly what we needed and he was very helpful in meeting our demands. Our experience with him was pretty much cut and dried. When the installers came out, they demoed what they needed to, made those calculations for getting the tub through the house and removing door frames, then they put the thing in. It was flawless and they're the best guys we've had to have come out and do work on the house ever. It was nice to see somebody show up on time and want to work. But there was some confusion as to when the guy came here and sold us the tub. It's a $15,000 tub and we told him we wanted the hypoallergenic] lights. We got everything that they offered and tub showed up with no lights. Now, I don't know how we would go about getting lights to put in it. But other than that, the tub is great.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Larry, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. For questions or concerns about your walk-in bath, please contact our Customer Service team by calling (800) 986-5977 or visiting https://www.kohlerwalkinbath.com/contact/service. Thank you!

Original review: May 20, 2021

The sales rep we had seemed to know everything there was to need to know about the product, the timeframes it would take, and took care of it. The installation was done in a day, as they promised, and my mother and stepfather love the tub.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Gregg, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience, and we are thrilled to hear that your mother and stepfather are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us; it is appreciated.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Most Kohler products that I've seen were good. I got one of their products and all the questions I had were answered. I worked with a very down to earth and reasonable sales rep. The installation took one day, so it was quick. It went very smoothly. We didn't have a problem because we have a second bathroom. I've been using the walk-in for a nice deep bath. It’s very comforting.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Kyra, thank you for your review! We appreciate your trust in the Kohler name and the quality of our products, and we are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 12, 2021

I enjoyed doing business with with Kohler. The salesperson who came to my home was friendly. He was very bright, answered my questions and I enjoyed visiting with him. The installation went very smoothly. There were two gentlemen here. One was sort of hands-on right at the tub, and the other was up and down the stairs delivering different tools to him. I like the quality of the walk-in bath. It’s well-made.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Marie, thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us, and that you are enjoying the safety and comfort of a KOHLER Walk-In Bath. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 11, 2021

My dad loves our Kohler. He has disability issues and it was hard for him even with the shower seats and the handles to get in and out. It was hard for him to take a shower. So, the Kohler has been a godsend because he's safe, and I don't have to worry about him slipping. The people that installed it were really nice and they were very clean, neat and polite. The whole experience was very good. I have peace of mind now that it's installed.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Lauren, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are so glad that your father has enjoyed the KOHLER® Walk-In Bath and is able to enter and exit easier and safer and that you now have peace of mind. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: May 10, 2021

My husband wanted the walk-in bathtub for me because I was having a hard time getting in and out of the tub. We got one from Kohler, and the installation went very smoothly and very quickly. I love the quality of the bathtub. I wish that it could fill faster. It emptied really quickly, but it takes a while to fill it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Shirley, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive installation experience, and we are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the independence your Walk-In Bath has provided. The filling time varies based upon the water capacity and flow rate of your home’s plumbing, but our advanced filling and draining technology does allow these baths to fill up quickly. While you wait for the bath to fill and drain, we recommend you use the Bask® heated backrest to stay warm and comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, it is appreciated!

Original review: May 9, 2021

I'm too old to get in the regular tub. I got a Kohler walk-in bath and now, I can get in and out. I like the jets and the shower.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Doris, thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the independence your Walk-In Bath has provided. The soothing jets are some of our favorite features too! We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 8, 2021

We had a good experience with Kohler. Also, the tub is easy to clean and maintain and it's gorgeous.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Becky, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive overall experience with us, and we are thrilled that you are enjoying the design of your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath. e hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 7, 2021

Everything was represented well. The main guy who installed the tub did good but his helper looked like he wasn't too interested in being here. But the quality of work was good.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Joseph, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive installation experience with us, and we hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 6, 2021

We had to go and get a plumber and increase the pressure of the house because it took me almost half an hour to fill up the Kohler tub. But I enjoy the tub because it has a handheld shower. It has everything that I can imagine in it. The biggest thing that I like about it, is I'm sitting down and I'm not taking a bath up to my neck. It will also take care of everything that hurts and aches.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Dianna, thank you for your review! We are glad that you were able to improve your home's water pressure. We are also thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The convenient multi-function hand shower is one of our favorite features too! We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 5, 2021

I like the idea of the features of a walk-in tub, but now that I've had it for six weeks, there's a lot of things that could be improved. One thing is the way the door swings in. I am not able to clean it from the outside. I have to actually sit inside it to clean it and that's not only awkward, but I'm wet by the time I'm done. I can clean a lot of it, but to clean around the drain and stuff has been a problem. There needs to be a better way to clean it. When I swing the door inward, I can't reach the drain because the door swings in. If it swings outward, then I would have the whole opening to be able to reach in and clean around the drain. That's the big thing.

The other thing is that my mom's a very petite woman and she cannot reach any of the fixtures on it. She feels very uncomfortable and unsafe in it. When I was taking a bath the other night, I thought if the nozzle was on the right side instead of in front, like when you sit in the seat and reach straight across if they were off to the right would be better. I don't even know if her feet touch the floor of the tub when she's sitting in the seat. I know that she won't sit back on the seat, so she sits on the very edge. I just wonder if there was a size recommendation or if that had been disclosed, that would have swayed my decision.

Also, it would have been helpful had I've been in a showroom instead of at home, or if I could have sat in it and tried it out that way, because the amount of money that I spent on that could have been used for something else that would have made her life more comfortable rather than the tub which is not really doing anything for her. I'm not necessarily unhappy with the purchase, it was a large purchase not quite meeting my mom's needs. In 20 years when I need the tub, because I can't walk up the steps, I'll be really happy with it. A purchase like this would have been on my radar for myself, but just not at this time.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Stacy, thank you for your review. Your feedback is much appreciated as our Kohler engineers are continuously improving the design of our walk-in bath to provide our customers with the best bathing experience. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions or concerns about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath. They would be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 4, 2021

We tried to call one of the other places first and they never got back to us. I called Kohler and they got right back. We had the person come out and give us an estimate. He explained everything very clearly, quoted us a price, and it never varied when all the work was finished. The installation crew that came cleaned everything up, even parts of the garage they used for stacking and separating parts. The quality of work was excellent.

I couldn't sit down in a regular tub because I'm 76 years old and I have a great deal of difficulty getting up, sitting down that low, and may get down on the floor, it's almost impossible for me to get up. Now I have a tub I could sit in and soak. I switch off, stand up shower one day and soak in the tub with the jets on the next. I don’t have cramps in my legs like I used to have.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Gayle, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are so glad that you are enjoying the safety and comfort of your KOHLER Walk-In Bath, and that you are able to enter and exit easier and safer. We hope you enjoy your new walk-in bath for years to come. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 3, 2021

I have been seeing Kohler's commercials on TV and I liked what I saw. Then, the salesperson that came out was good and we liked what he had to offer. The installation took three days and everything was professional. I like everything in my bathtub, especially the back warmer feature. I'm very happy with its quality. Normally, I'll shower in it. But I've got about eight acres here and when I work on it, I use it then, once or twice a week. I was just impressed with the whole process.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi Larry, thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive sales and installation experience with us. Our team strives to be informative, courteous, and efficient to give you the best customer service. We are thrilled that your new KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has delivered on its safety and comfort promise. The Bask heated backrest is one of our favorite features too! Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 2, 2021

Everybody was excellent during the sales visit with Kohler and they weren't pushy. It was a good experience. We have a big bathroom and it was just slide out a tub and put the walk-in tub in. It was simple and everything works the way it's supposed to. My wife loves the walk-in tub and she said it was like being in a sauna. But she’d like it better if it had a headrest. We’ve seen Kohler advertise now that they have it.

Kohler Walk-In Bath response

Hi David, thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a positive sales and installation experience. We are thrilled that your KOHLER® Walk-In Bath has provided you and your wife with the comfort and safety you deserve. We encourage you to call our Customer Service team at (800) 986-5977 with any questions about your KOHLER Walk-In Bath. They would be happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Have a nice day!

Kohler Walk-In Bath Company Information