Find the Best Kitchen Remodeling Companies
Compare Reviews for Top Kitchen Remodeling Companies
|HomeAdvisor||Read 21,127 Reviews|
Helps homeowners find reliable home repair or improvement services. Screens all listed contractors to ensure legitimacy and customer safety. Does not charge for services. Offers instant online booking.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (866) 782-4077|
|Granite Transformations||Read 1,428 Reviews|
Granite Transformations is a global, full-service home and business remodeling company. It has production facilities in the United States and over 50 countries.
|Kitchen Magic||Read 46 Reviews|
Kitchen Magic is a remodeling company that serves homeowners in the northeastern United States. Offering a free in-home consultation, Kitchen Magic does cabinet refacing, cabinet installation and luxury countertop installation.
|Hammer & Hand||Read 11 Reviews|
Hammer & Hand is a home remodeling agency with locations in Portland and Seattle. Their work features a heavy emphasis on practicality, luxury and sustainability, utilizing advanced 21st-century construction techniques.
|Alure Home Improvements||Read Author Review|
Alure Home Improvements was established in 1946 and is headquartered in East Meadow, New York. It is a full-service home remodeling company offering custom designs and features to meet any home remodeling need.
|Case Design||Read Author Review|
Case Design is a remodeling agency that serves homeowners in the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia areas. Kitchens by Case Design are upscale, designed for the homeowner's needs and use only the highest quality materials.
|Great Lakes Granite and Marble||Read Author Review|
Great Lakes Granite and Marble is the largest natural stone custom countertop fabricator in Michigan, specializing in granite, marble and quartz. Their team of craftsmen produce kitchen countertops to any specification.
|Kitchen Plus||Read Author Review|
Kitchen Plus is a remodeling company that has served the Seattle area since 1992 and pledges to complete projects on time and on budget. They pride themselves on including the customer in both the design and construction process.
|Kitchen Tune-Up||Read Author Review|
Kitchen Tune-Up offers four remodeling options at different price points to update or completely overhaul a kitchen. These services range from reconditioning woodwork, to refacing or installing custom cabinets.
|Marrokal||Read Author Review|
Marrokal Design & Remodeling, located in San Diego, not only delivers custom kitchen renovations, but also hosts home improvement seminars for local homeowners. They specialize in updating kitchens with contemporary styling.
What should you consider when remodeling your kitchen?
The total cost of the renovation is the most important item to clarify with a kitchen-remodeling contractor. In order to avoid any misunderstandings or confusion, carefully read and understand the budget, know exactly it does and does not include and specify what happens when issues arise that may raise the final price.
- Itemize: Ask the contractor to itemize the bid in order to see where the money is going. For instance, the bid must specify the amount of money allocated for subcontractors, permits, materials, labor and all other major expenses.
- Fixed or estimate: Make sure to understand if the price given is the fixed price or just an estimate.
- Overruns: Clarify the process for handling unexpected costs and price changes, so the contractor does not assume there is approval for such additional expenses.
Most kitchen remodeling firms have more than one job going at the same time. Because remodel durations vary, consumers should agree to a schedule with the contractor, especially if the existing kitchen will be non-functional during the remodel.
- Overall schedule: Determine with the contractor a firm starting date and a ballpark end date. Dates that are fuzzy are prone to slippage, making the remodel seem endless.
- Tasks and timing: There are usually several sub-contractors involved in a remodel, so it's important to understand the sequence and timing of the tasks in order to gauge how the project is going. Be sure to clarify what work is being done when and by whom.
- Daily schedule: In order to plan around a remodel, be sure to know whether or not workers will be on the job every day.
Always choose a contractor with the appropriate credentials for their state and locality. This may require a bit of research to understand the rules in a particular area. However, a reputable contractor will present this information readily.
- Licenses: A contractor should hold all the necessary state and local licenses.
- Accreditations: Look for contractors who hold special accreditation from professional associations that apply to the remodel, such as the National Kitchen and Bath Association.
A warranty for the work and the products used will help provide protection against bad workmanship or defective products. Many contractors offer warranties for their work, as do most manufacturers.
- Work warranty: Many contractors will offer a warranty or guarantee on the workmanship as agreed to in the beginning of the project.
- Product warranties: Countertops, cabinets, appliances, flooring, sinks, faucets and other products used in the kitchen remodel should come with their own warranties.
There is nothing more frustrating than being in the middle of a kitchen remodel and unable to get a hold of the contractor. The quantity and type of communication should be agreed upon before the project starts.
- How project updates are communicated: Contractors should provide regular status updates on the project so homeowners feel confident that things are moving along.
- How project problems are communicated: Consumers should clarify how they expect to be contacted if an unexpected problem arises. Will the contractor gain your approval for fixes verbally or through email?
- Emergency communications: Clarify the contractor's best method of communication in case there is an emergency, such as a leak.
In order to avoid problems, make sure the contractor and their employees understand the importance of cleanup. A reputable contractor will clarify their daily and end-of-job cleanup processes and if there are any costs involved.
- Daily cleanup: For safety reasons, contractors should never leave tools and other dangerous materials lying around at the end of the day.
- End-of-job cleanup: Be sure to clarify how any trash, old appliances, cabinets, etc. will be disposed of and if there is a cost associated with their disposal. Also, if a dumpster is required, be sure it’s not parked on the lawn or in the way of your vehicles.
- Respecting the home: Clarify with the contractor the rules regarding the rest of the house. For instance, if workers can use the bathroom or if they must remove shoes in certain areas. And make them aware of any pets that must be kept indoors.
What are the different types of kitchen remodels?
A kitchen update focuses on renewing existing cabinets and countertops, but not major repairs or a full renovation. Updating often includes cabinet refinishing or cabinet re-facing. Refinishing entails removing, refinishing and reinstalling the original doors and drawer fronts back. Re-facing involves installing all new doors and drawer fronts onto the existing cabinets and drawer boxes.
A renovation will make changes and repairs to bring a kitchen up to date and will also renew or replace existing cabinets, countertops, lights, floors and appliances.
A kitchen remodel involves a change to the structure or layout of an existing kitchen during an update or renovation, such as removing walls or changing the kitchen layout.
Custom kitchen design
A custom kitchen design is often begun from scratch, with no pre-existing kitchen, and designed to the consumer's expectations.
Who should consider remodeling their kitchen?
Kitchen remodelers will benefit homeowners who are interested in updating, renovating or remodeling their kitchen and are not intending to take on a DIY project.
Commercial kitchen owners
Restaurants, take-out stores and even food trucks needing a kitchen update can take advantage of kitchen remodelers. These consumers should be sure to hire a contractor with experience in commercial construction.
Home kitchen designers
Designers working for homeowners who are planning a kitchen renovation or remodel, or designers working for builders to design new kitchen layouts may enlist the services of a kitchen remodeler.
Commercial kitchen designers
Kitchen remodelers can assist designers who create restaurant or other commercial kitchen spaces.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Compare Reviews for Top Kitchen Remodeling Companies
|MyHome||Read Author Review|
MyHome is a New York city remodeling agency that involves the customer in the entire remodeling process. They offer free in-home consultation, a 3D rendering of the remodeling and a post-construction consultation.
|TDS Custom Construction||Read Author Review|
Since 1985, TDS Custom Construction has provided homeowners in Madison, Wisconsin, a greener and more sustainable approach to kitchen remodeling. They are well known for their custom cabinetry and green renovation techniques.
Information in this guide is general in nature and is intended for informational purposes only; it is not legal, health, investment or tax advice. ConsumerAffairs.com makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from its use.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.