Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.52/5
Based on 1,419 ratings

From Australia to the United States, Granite Transformations has remodeled both commercial and domestic countertops for over 15 years. Our goal is to bring a fresh and exciting new look to your countertops, cabinets, backsplashes and floors.

We offer unique product lines, such as Trend Stone, Trend Glass and Trend Mosaics, that are sure to impress even the most selective shopper. Our product lines offer a variety of options and an opportunity to transform your counter space into something worth showing off. We look forward to assisting you in your home remodel!

Banner image

Need help with a kitchen project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Banner image

Need help with a kitchen project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Granite Transformations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Granite Transformations?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Granite Transformations?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

We are very satisfied with the workmanship, the product and the guys that installed it. The work that Jeff did was excellent and very professional. I would recommend him and Granite Transformations to anyone that is looking for this type of work to be done.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

My kitchen counter has a slight variation in color at a seam next to my sink, which makes it noticeable. My other seam in a less conspicuous area, has no color variations. The off color counter was replaced once before the job was completed, and yet still there's a noticeable color difference. I was told I had to live with it. My calls were not taken or returned. I couldn't even get my warranty information, until a second outside party apparently was able to talk to someone, and it was mailed to me. Still no calls or consideration. I'm very disappointed and a bit angry, that there was no communication after I wrote my last check to remedy the situation.

Get buying tips about Kitchen Remodeling Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I love my new kitchen counters and sink! Not only do they look great but I was extremely pleased and impressed with the workmanship and ethic of the installer, Walter. On a scale of 1-10, I would definitely give him a ten. I was also very happy with the installation of the faucet by the plumber you work with. Working with Granite Transformations was a good experience. I would definitely recommend.

Original review: June 25, 2020

This would be 5 stars for the initial installation and one (at best) for the repair. When I first saw the granite samples I was concerned that it would be slippery for a shower. I was told that it wasn't and went ahead with the order. We were very happy with our beautiful new shower and the guys installing it did a great job. We soon found out that if you moved around on it just right during a shower that the water acted like hydroplaning. Maybe not as much for me because I have small feet but for my husband with shoe size 14 it was much worse. When his feet went out from under him while showering, he hit the wall with his shoulder and his head on his way to the floor. The floor is dangerously slippery when wet and presents a huge liability.

Fortunately my husband was able to shrug it off after being sore for a couple of weeks, but we noticed that the granite was cracked. After 3 or 4 phone calls someone finally came out and fixed it. I thought the easiest would be to insert a white diamond to make it look like it was a part of the design. When I looked at the finished job I saw that diamond shaped insert I had requested was actually 3/4 inch longer on one side (see photo #1).

Picture #2 shows where the corner should be and #3 shows that the bubble in the level is way off to the right when corner to corner. When I was called the day after and heard that this less than stellar workmanship will cost me $400.- I told Karly that I was very disappointed but still let it slide because I finally wanted to be done with it and even though it was supposed to be lifetime warranty it wasn't their fault that it broke. But far from it...! Imagine my surprise when I decided to take the first shower and the drops running down the wall disappeared behind the insert. On closer inspection I saw that there was no caulk around it (see photo #4).

Basically we ended up with a shower that we couldn't use until I went out and got some caulk and fixed it myself. Needless to say my guest bath will not be done by Granite Transformations.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Why oh why did I fall for the sales hype and cover over my beautiful (but old) granite worktops? Salesperson persuaded me that this would look great, never show any watermarks or drips, and the clincher was I wouldn't have to "seal" it every year (big deal). I got Nero Stella because I liked the black glittery surface but four years on the worktop looks sad. Unsightly white bits have risen to the surface and every drop of water or liquid shows unless I polish and wipe and wipe and polish. Granite Transformations came back once and "stripped" it down for free because I'd been using a granite cleaner which I shouldn't have done. Then they came back (at a fee charged to me) to strip it again. I'm so disappointed and annoyed with myself for choosing this over genuine granite because this looks so awful now.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I had my kitchen counters done. They promised a couple of days, it took several days, hacked my kitchen bar, laid the counters, and it's lopsided. I complained, and they said it wasn't bad enough to repair. One of the worker's son was on the job, and he was released from his position, I still didn't get a refund, discount, or have my counters repaired. Do not use this company!

Original review: March 3, 2020

I had a granite overlay installed eight years ago. The sheen has long worn off the countertops and a chip broke loose, leaving a hole. I contacted the corporate office and sent pictures. I received a "sorry" letter, but they refused to make it right, even though the website tells of "lifetime guarantee." The product looked nice new, but did not stand up to normal use. The company does not stand behind their product. Save your money!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I purchased a new kitchen and large amount of Carrara worktop from them, and it was fitted late November 2018. By February 2019 bearing in mind I live in the north of England, not the sunniest part of the world and my kitchen faces East so at most I only get two hours of direct light daily. My worktops changed colour from grey and white to GREEN and white, inside a couple of months. I contacted the warranty team, and so began a saga that has lasted until now Jan 2020.

Firstly a gentleman came up from London to have a look, he agreed they had gone green and stated this had happened to them before, but they now have second generation worktops and that problem should have been solved. He said he’d sent me a sample of of the second generation Carrara one up and I could “test” it by sitting it by the window to see. This I duly did, ok I moved it from window to window so it got more direct sun/daylight to ensure if the colour change was going to happen, it happened quickly, as I wanted my kitchen fixed and finished. It changed colour inside one month! They sent me another one called Arabescato. This also changed colour inside a month.

Now to be fair to the company they did offer to replace my faulty worktop with any of the rest of their range, and did sent me another sample, but it was too different to what I had chosen. By then I was so upset and stressed I started hunting around the internet as I could not possibly be the only person in the world this happened to.

I should also mention that that I have saved a download that states “Trend Surfaces are engineered from quarried natural materials, including granite, stone, marble, quartz, shell and other materials such as glass and porcelain, crushed into graduated size pieces and mixed with SPECIALLY FORMULATED UV STABLE POLYMERS” So you can understand my disappointment.

While digging I found an article in the Sydney Morning Herald dated November 5 2018. Please do search and read this. It states amongst other things that the quality of their product has deteriorated with the Trascenda range discolouring in daylight. So this company have known Long before I purchased my kitchen that they were selling worktops that change colour in daylight!

I then got quotes to replace my worktop from other companies and the other tradesmen I would need, as the backsplash is quite high, my wall would also need replastering, repainting, electric and plumbing work to complete it. These quotes came in at just over 8K. I have been given by them just under 6K and they think this is “fair and reasonable”. I now either have to live with a green and white worktop that looks absolutely awful or find that extra £2500 to redo it myself! Please be warned. Their customer service and people are very pleasant and polite but will stall and do everything in their power to wear you down so you go away and accept what they deem acceptable. It has cost me more money and heartache that I could ever have imagined. I wish I had never walked in the door of their company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

We were told that there is a lifetime warranty which gave a peace of mind and helped make the decision to purchase their counter-top overlays. However, now that the counter-tops need repair, I found out the local office has closed and corporate will not do anything to honor the warranty. For about 6 months now, corporate continues to tell us that we have to be 'patient' while they find someone to buy the local franchise. I have been waiting for over 6 months and still am being told to be patient. Had I known that the warranty isn't worth anything when the local franchise closes the door, we would have never chosen this company. I must also say that the counter-tops do not look like real granite. Disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

We loved Trend Transformations commitment to sustainability and made the decision to use this company rather than dispose of old countertops and install new ones. We were thrilled with the service and product for 15 months, and we even convinced our friends to use them. Then, at 16 months post-installation, a two inch crack appeared in our countertops. I spent four months calling and emailing Trend Transformations (our local outfit is no longer in business so I had to contact the national office) to learn about how to use our warranty. No one ever answered the phone and my messages were not returned. When I finally got a return call, I was told to email someone who would help me. I emailed weekly -occasionally getting a hollow promise that someone would respond within two days which never happened- and was astonished at the poor service.

Nearly five months after starting the process, I was simply told that cracks are not covered by the warranty. I wrote a long letter with details and was told the same thing. I asked how the company can claim durability when the product cracks within 16 months of installation. I attempted to appeal to someone higher in the company but was told that my claim has been closed. I am so disappointed in this company.

Granite Transformations author review by Joseph Truini

Granite Transformation’s main business is granite and quartz countertops. However, they also offer the complimentary services of cabinet re-facing and tile backsplash installation. The company serves over 27 states as well as four Canadian provinces.

• Lifetime warranty: The company provides a limited lifetime warranty for products they manufacture.

• Fast turnaround: Standard installations of countertops and backsplashes typically take one day. The new countertop is formed to fit directly over the old counter.

• Free estimate: The company will come to your home for a consultation and free estimate. They also stand by the estimate and guarantee there will be no hidden charges.

• Durable products: Granite Transformations offers a special sealing product called ForeverSeal®, which improves the counter’s stain, scratch and heat resistance.

• Eco-friendly: Because the old countertop is not demolished and removed, the process is more eco-friendly than other approaches. This method minimizes the amount of waste going to the landfill and the mess in the home.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Granite Transformations Company Information