4.55/5
Based on 1,389 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a kitchen remodeling company?

Granite Transformations

From Australia to the United States, Granite Transformations has remodeled both commercial and domestic countertops for over 15 years. Our goal is to bring a fresh and exciting new look to your countertops, cabinets, backsplashes and floors.

We offer unique product lines, such as Trend Stone, Trend Glass and Trend Mosaics, that are sure to impress even the most selective shopper. Our product lines offer a variety of options and an opportunity to transform your counter space into something worth showing off. We look forward to assisting you in your home remodel!

View More View More

1400 Granite Transformations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased benchtops, splashbacks and kicks from Granite Transformations two and a half years ago. Carrara. Grey and White. The benchtops, splashbacks and kicks are now pink and white. Yes pink. (Anyone want photos? I have them.) I contacted Granite Transformations in June and nothing is yet sorted. What a nightmare they are. I was told it was a total product failure and I could no longer select from that range - was walked past sheets of stone in the workshop and told to ignore; was shown an alternate selection which were nothing like what I had selected, and not suitable to my home. I was then told to sit tight; then weeks later shown a couple of alternatives.

I selected one, thinking everything is now sorted. Ha, but no. Several weeks later I had a very detailed disclaimer, release, and confidentiality agreement handed to me to sign, which I refused - in writing. Nothing more was said. Plans for replacement continued, and dates assigned. Weeks later, thinking that everything was progressing, and having paid a substantial deposit for additional works to be done to cupboards, I was told that no works would proceed until I signed the disclaimer. (Wow, but you took my money, knowing this.)

So here we are, 2 months later and I still have a pink and white kitchen and much, much distress. After refusing to sign the agreement, I was told that they had referred it on to head office Granite Transformations' solicitor, who will 'deal with it'. So the saga, grief and stress continues. I have now been told that Carrara is okay to use, it was just my stone (who do I believe?) and they want to replace it, and that the 'quickest and least disruptive method would be to go over the top of your existing bench tops, meaning very minor demolition and a quick turnaround'. So my choices now appear to be a pink and white kitchen, or a layered kitchen. Layers of kicks, layers of benchtops, and layers of splashback.

Seriously? I don't believe that I signed on for either of these. Oh, and by the way, the response from GT head office was in red font, so I am being yelled at, as well. Sad that there is no concern for the customer. Sad that there is no concern for my home, its look and the finished effect. Just quick and least disruptive. Sad, too, that I have requested written correspondence on Granite Transformations letterhead and I get red font comments against my concerns. I trusted and signed up in good faith and have seen none of this in return.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Two men arrived quite on time on Saturday August 25th and were finished with the installation in one hour and forty minutes. They were both friendly and worked very efficiently. The jobs are beautiful. Truly, what a transformation!!! We would definitely recommend your company to friends.

Get expert buying tips about Kitchen Remodeling Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2018

When my bench top was installed several years ago it instantly started to stain. After eight months they replaced it. The new replacement had a horrible seam right through the middle of the main part that wasn’t there before. Maybe they used offcuts but when I wasn’t happy I have had no response or callbacks whatsoever. I gave up. Now a few years down the track with my yellowing and dull bench tops, the edges have a lot of chips that have destroyed all of our shirts with holes and when I offered to pay to have them come file it or something I get the runaround. I’m saving for a new bench top 5 years after this one and would advise anyone to STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!

Original review: July 12, 2018

My countertop is falling apart and hanging by tape. It was improperly installed. They do not honor their lifetime guarantee and have refused to return my calls after over a year! They sent a guy out last August to look at it and I had some interaction with emails and photos and then nothing. They have refused to return my calls ever since.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Several years ago we purchased new countertop. The countertop has pitted so we went back to the Sioux Falls, SD store as that is where we purchased the product, it has a guarantee. We have contact them personally and my phone many times. They keep telling us someone will get a hold of us. They did come and look at the counter and agreed we have a problem but that is all they have done. They said they need to talk to the owner, that was many months ago, the last time they said someone would come out was last February, we have not heard from anyone. Since then we have stopped in at the Sioux Falls, SD store. They keep telling us they need to hear from the owner. What can we do? The Sioux Falls store has all our complaints and paperwork.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Granite Transformations?

Original review: May 8, 2018

We are completely happy/satisfied with the installation of new countertops, a sink and crown molding (over our cabinets). The process, from coordinating our wishes with the sales representative to the final installation of items, went as smoothly as possible. All appointments regarding the installations were met on time, and the workmanship by the fabricators and installers was excellent. The beauty of the countertops installation was that we didn't have to empty out our cabinets under the countertops. The new countertops fit perfectly over the old ones and were installed in just a few hours. We heard about Granite Transformations from a couple of our neighbors who were so satisfied with the work.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Beware of Granite Transformations' Warranty Scam? GT offers a limited lifetime warranty. Granite countertops were displayed at a local home show & products were installed by an authorized GT dealer. A number of years later, our granite developed a crack and the installed sink is falling. We contacted a dealer closest to our area and they believed the original contractor failed to install a sink support rack. They offered to fix the defects in material and workmanship for $350.

Pictures were supplied and questions asked by the warranty manager were answered. The bottom line was: “There is currently not a location in your area. I am not able to provide you with an update of when a team would be able to complete your repairs. Until a new franchise owner purchases the territory that you reside in, we will not be able to assist you with your warranty claim. I have your information on file, and when we are able to assist you, we will contact you.”

There never was a location in our immediate area and it has been 8 years since the purchase. With the large number of closed franchises in our general location, GT’s response is a convenient excuse to not honor their responsibility. We were never told this when we signed our contract, nor is this exemption stated anywhere in our paperwork. We stated in our final e-mail correspondence that the company’s policy is not reasonable. We asked for the name & e-mail of warranty manager’s supervisor as well as the name & e-mail of the President/CEO of the company. Our interest was to ensure this was the company’s policy. We have yet to receive a response.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

When we did the countertops in September of 2017 I praised the company, because they did everything they said they would, called, came when promised, Loved them. Now that the caulk is separating from the countertop, I call, no callback, I call back and speak with someone. She said, "We talk about repairs on Tuesday, someone will call you." It's now Thursday, no call. :(

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The purchase and install went smoothly. No problems with installation. My countertop is now 2 years old and I noticed a small scorch spot on the side and top of my countertop. I called the local franchise that did the install and they are no longer in business. After some digging I was able to locate an email address for the corporate office (I could not find a corporate phone number) and inquired about how to go about having it repaired. Warranty or not... That was the beginning of November 2017. After 4 weeks a rep was finally sent out to look at my countertop. The rep said someone would be in contact with me within the week. That was another month ago. No one calls you and no one answers your emails. Their customer service is terrible. If you go with this company for any of their products hope that you never have an issue and have to have it repaired. You will not be able to reach anyone.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I Do Not Recommend!! Sales rep came out and showed me kitchen granite and explained how they put on top of existing counter rather than demo counter. Made decision on countertop and sales rep showed me back-splash tile options. Showed Sales rep one from Lowe’s that I liked to have him match it up and he said I could buy my own tile back-splash and it would be far cheaper than buying it from them. Appreciated that and preferred to have the Back-splash tile that I liked.

As I wrapped up everything, was given contract to sign and told to place a $700 downpayment which I provided a check for. I noticed on their contract it said "We have the right to sell your home with or without your consent in the event of non-payment or late payment." I had a real issue with this clause and the Sales rep crossed it out and initialed it and had me initial it. All was well, then the Sales rep said the owner rejected my contract and decided not to do the job with that clause scratched out. Puzzled (as the sales rep crossed it out) I had the Sales rep bring me another contract and I signed it as I knew there wouldn't be an issue as I planned on paying as it's the honest thing to do.

3 weeks passed and I hadn't heard anything as the Sales Rep told me the Owner would be contacting me that following week to arrive and do more detailed measurements. Called Sales rep and he said, "The owner has decided that he didn't want to do this job." I asked "why" and he had no explanation for me. I said "This is completely unprofessional, irresponsible and that I wanted my $700 check sent back to me as the funds have been tied up for 3 weeks now." It seems the owner was scared that I would not pay so he decided to cancel the job. I even offered to pay for the whole job up front rather than 3 payments.

I am just letting everyone know that this company took my deposit, made me wait almost a month and decided (without telling me), that they weren't going to do my countertops and back-splash. I have never experienced anything like this. The sales rep said it has something to do with me using my own back-splash tile and me crossing out that clause about being able to force me to sell my home. Well, the sales rep crossed it out and he told me I could get my own back-splash tile. Will never use this company or refer them again. This is EXACTLY what happened.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I contacted Trend Transformations (Granite Transformations) in mid May to give me a quote on new counter tops and back splash for my kitchen as well as a new vanity top for the powder room. The install was completed June 23rd, much earlier than promised. I am happy about that. The product is beautiful. However, I do have some complaints about the installation process. During the install, when moving my stove, the workers scratched my hardwood floor and broke the oven door. They "fixed" the door by adding a couple of screws to the door so it will open without the glass falling out, but now the oven door screeches and moans when I open and close it and the oven light doesn't work. I mopped and waxed the hardwood with Bona and a Oreck floor buffer, and the scratch would not come out.

They scratched my cabinets in at least 2 places and scratched the front my new KitchenAid dishwasher. Somehow during the measuring process, allowance was not made for the refrigerator door to open. I have a French door refrigerator and I have to angle the refrigerator in the space to be able to open the right door, and the door still scrapes against the wall. If the counter was even 1/4" shorter, there would be no problem. The tile for the back splash is gorgeous, but there was grout galore left on the tiles, around the cabinets, dripped on the hardwoods and stuck to the window sill. I am still wiping, washing and scraping grout off woodwork, hardwood and tile. A "blemished" area on the front edge of the countertop was identified and when I asked about it, one of the workers said "he could fix that"... He proceeded to pour some lacquer thinner on a rag to wipe the counter.

He splashed and dripped the thinner on my hardwood floor taking the finish off, and leaving me with about a dozen egg sized blotches of rough, unfinished wood in the middle of the floor. The counter blemish is still there! The overall installation process seemed rushed as if they could not wait to get through with the job, and eager to collect on the remainder of funds. There was some misunderstanding on my part regarding the vanity top in the powder room. I thought when they removed the old top and backsplash, there would be a backsplash installed with the new top. NO. Apparently I misunderstood when they said they had to remove the original backsplash that they would not be installing a replacement one.

The product is beautiful, but now I have a rough edge and gap behind the sink that is too wide to calk to make it look like anything professionally done. Who doesn't have a backsplash behind a sink?? It is up to me to find something to work as a backsplash. Again, I am happy with the product and the way it looks in the kitchen but lack of care and detail during the installation is less than satisfactory. I am hoping at least for repair of my hardwood and damaged appliances. Updates will follow if/when I hear from Trend Transformations.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Granite Transformations have the motto "Done in a day, beautiful for life" (it only had taken more than a month). I hired this company in February 17, 2017 for refacing my cabinets, change my floor, redo my pantry, and install real quartz on the counters and as backsplash. I have to wait for they start the job on April 24 looking forward to have a perfect finished product, but today June 4, 2017 they have still have not gave me the kitchen I want. They said I have to wait 10 extra days for change some doors and install a "blind corner" cabinet, but they have not finish and they do not respond my calls and emails. When I talked with some of the managers about my dissatisfaction (Tim and Bryan) they said that customer service is their priority, but they transfer me to Beth ** and she only have given me hard time. I want they fix this:

1. Put backsplash on the right corner of the stove wall because in my contract says full new backsplash.
    2. Refinish under the island counter because is very rough, and almost is the same under the rest of the counters.
    3. The handle of the new faucet falls so easily.
    4. The new sink (under) is a little chip.
    5. Install the blind corner properly because the original it does not fit in that place.
    6. Fix the wall corners, close to my front door because the workers damaged them.
    7. My old refrigerator is in perfect condition, except that now is dented after they put it in my garage.
    8. The trims of the walls they are not well painted.
    9. The workers took my old sink, faucet and garbage disposal without authorization.
    10. The workers kill part of my grass close to the garage, and let stains of paint on my driveway.
    11. The workers let a lot of dirt in the air vents.
    12. The workers let nails in my garage and that damaged one of my car tires.

13. Do not charge me the last $1,460.75 I owe them for all the troubles they have cause me, and because they installed Recycled Glass instead of quartz in my counters and backsplash.

Original review: May 31, 2017

What initially drew us to the concept of a granite overlay was the ease of installation. Had we known then what we know now, we would have gone with real granite. Our biggest complaint is the fact that the product simply does NOT hold up well. After four years of usage, the surface has become dull in places and "pockmarked" around the faucet. Apparently, certain cleaners, like CLR dissolve whatever material is used in the fabrication of this overlay. We have also several, rather obvious seams along the edges where the pieces were joined which does not look exactly attractive. Which brings me to fact that you cannot have nicely rounded corners with this product -- only thick and clunky looking edges. All in all, we found the product to be just as expensive as real granite -- which we are about to get after all. If you are looking to save money, Granite Transformations is NOT the way to go.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Granite Transformations, Shrewsbury, UK. have genuinely transformed my kitchen. This company from start to finish, could not have been more helpful, patient, understanding and efficient. Everything went according to plan in spite of my changing my mind several times about various aspects of the installation. All together I am 100% delighted with my new kitchen and would highly recommend Granite Transformations of Shrewsbury, England without hesitation.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

The experience we had with Granite Transformations was awesome. They were very polite and efficient from the start to the finish. The Installers were very professional. They were polite and friendly, and cleaned up their mess. Would not hesitate to refer this company and their product for renovation. I am looking forward to using them and/or this product on my vacation home in the near future. It was more expensive than granite/quartz. However, you do not have the mess with this product as it goes over the existing surface. My whole kitchen counter was done in a matter of 6 hrs, compared to a few weeks with the tear out and rebuild on counter subsurface. And did I mention it looks just beautiful with my existing backsplash?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I live in a manufactured home and a slab of granite would be too heavy for the wood floors. Granite Transformations is the company that fits my needs at the time because they make it into a slab that's very lightweight and mount it on top of my existing counter. There is very little work and they do it all in one day. My experience with Granite Transformations has been a good one. They bring the pieces already made then set up on top of my existing counters and it's beautiful work. I like the thickness and how it looks very bold when it's on the counters. Also, it's guaranteed for life. If something happens, they will come down and repair it for me.

However, it's very expensive. But the sales rep was fantastic and straight-up. I had a guy before him that came and gave me an estimation. I should have taken that 'cause that was $1,000 cheaper. But I found out through this one guy, that that previous guy was doing some embezzlements and things that were not appropriate and that's why he was no longer with the company. It ended up costing me $1,000 more than the original guy had quoted me. But with the quality that I get as well as the warranty, it's well-worth it.

Also, customers will not be having a problem of the granite cracking because this particular granite is all sealed and it has TrueSeal forever seal. When the installers mounted it, they were in and out. And I don't like somebody hanging around my house for too long. When they come, I want them to do the job and get on it. I'm very impressed with what I got and what I paid for. However, the installers didn't take out the swirling marks that were left on the side of the granite slab. So I called them and they were Johnny-on-the-spot. They came the very next day and took care of it for me.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Ten years ago, Granite Transformations opened an office in Temecula and we had them put countertops in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. When we moved into this house we needed some more work done so we called them. Interactions with their salespeople were very appropriate and their installers were very friendly and knowledgeable. It was a great experience and I'd call Granite Transformations again if I need to.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Granite Transformations did the remodeling of my kitchen and one of my baths. Most of their work was really good, but they damaged my sink. The sink was bought by my wife, and it was a special copper hammered chrome sink. And they offered to try and replace it, and pull everything back out. My wife told them no. Granite said that they would compensate us for it because we really didn't want it removed. They came up with a $400 rebate back on to it for us, and that still has not happened. And I've been in touch with them for several times. It's been about a year and a half now.

Every interaction that I've had as far as with the people that came out did the installation and the representative that came out and did the measurement has been really good. My wife was there when they did the templates, and she said everything was great. There's just a couple of small things wherein they were supposed to come back and they never made appointment. It never got done. So, I'm gonna end up dealing with it myself. It's the little things that people don't tend to. They think, "Oh, well, they will just go away." It's not that big of a thing. It goes on and on because then you tell a friend and then a friend tells a friend, and it just keeps moving. In my opinion, I work for a very large company and we pride ourselves on making sure all the little and big things are taken care of. If you got an issue, we can do it as fast as possible. We don't just let it keep going away.

I have another house and several rentals, and I may look for somebody different than Granite Transformations because of what's going on. Granite Transformations is not the only person that does different types of countertops. I'm very satisfied with the installation on it. But I'm very unhappy with the work with what the management section is doing.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We wanted to change counters and didn't want to tear our kitchen all apart, so we gave Granite Transformations a call. They came in, measured the counters out, brought them back and put them in. Their work was really nice and they were professional about everything. People pay to have something done and hope it turns out right and that's exactly what Granite Transformations did. They're a little pricey but they did a good job.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I needed countertops done in the house so I decided to call around a couple of different shops and Granite Transformations was one of them. The sales rep was very professional and knew what he was selling. Any questions I had, he pretty much answered right on the spot. I had a very pleasurable experience with them and would recommend them to anybody. I'd also do it again on the next go-around.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

Granite Transformations covered our guest bathroom, vanity, and shower, and it's very fine. There was a little miscommunication at one point between what the sales rep had told us and what the installer shared. She said that it would be no issue at all to have them install some little corner shelving in the shower, but that wasn't the case with the product we bought, so we weren't able to do a little corner shelving. However, we came up with an alternate, so we're not dissatisfied. There was also some scheduling frustrations. But aside from these, we're very happy with the outcome.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

The sales rep of Granite Transformations was a little pushy but he's good. The company helped us with our cabinet and its quality was pretty decent. The installation team was very good and thorough, and the installation went well. However, it took a bit longer than anticipated. Also, the product was a bit expensive for what I got.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

We wanted to replace our countertops and found Granite Transformations online. We did a kitchen and two bathrooms, and we're extremely happy with the remodels. Everything went smooth and great. Plus, the installers were really nice people. I would recommend Granite Transformations to anybody who would like to get their countertops done.

Granite Transformations response

Hi Barry, thank you for taking the time to leave a great review. We would value the opportunity to present our products and services to you again should the need warrant. Again, thank you.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I needed to get a change in my kitchen. I called Granite Transformations and the rep was real nice, very cooperative, and excellent so I went with him because I thought he was good. The installers were very good too and the work is beautiful. I love it. Definitely would recommend Granite Transformations.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

We liked the product of Granite Transformations so we purchased about $25,000 worth of countertops from them. Their sales rep was fine. She came out and spent a lot of time with us and explained everything and then we made our decision. They did a nice job. They improved the house 100% because we had it appraised. And it helped that, and it’ll last forever, that’s the gold part. It’s beautiful work. We’re all happy with it and we’re glad we came to Granite Transformations.

Granite Transformations response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Ted . We sincerely appreciate it and are glad you are enjoying your new countertops

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I just bought a place and didn't want to go to all the trouble taking the tile off. I contracted with Granite Transformations and the remodel is very nice and looks really good. I went in a few times and was very satisfied with the sales reps. They're very nice. Everything was fine with the installation team and everything went real good.

Granite Transformations response

We appreciate your review and your rating. We are glad to know you are pleased with our products. We hope you continue to enjoy them and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future should your needs warrant additional services.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I liked what Granite Transformations' product looked like compared to others. They redid my shower, and when they went to install it they realized they manufactured one of the panels sideways so I didn't feel secure about them. Then they ordered the part, but it set back the installation for a couple of weeks, so it made me wonder about the quality of their company. However, everybody was helpful. They brought the problem to my attention, then they asked whether they can put it in that way or get a new one. They were very friendly and they always answered my questions.

The reason for the confusion was the first guy that came to measure the door, because he left the company in the middle of the process. The entire thing took a couple of months when it shouldn't have. But I've talked to construction people, they take their time estimate and triple it. So I think that’s close to what we ended up with. Although after the installation, I got little dabs of glue and there was a spot on the carpet. But I wasn’t too upset about it since the carpet is going to be eventually replaced. Also, I thought it was funny that they do showers but they don't install shower doors and glass. It was weird since it was not a complete product. But I'm happy with the way my shower turned out.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I had a very good interaction with GT's sales rep and they had color samples and samples of different option for finishes. There were a couple of areas of concern with the setup that he wanted me to clarify so one of the managers actually showed up and helped go over with some of that and how they would take care of it. They were on time. The installation team took measures ahead of time to protect the areas they were not working on and they cleaned up afterward. Then they walked through what they did and had me take a look at it before they left. It was very good quality.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

My experience with Granite Transformations was really great. I saw their work and they were also recommended so I had them do a kitchen installation and it's a beautiful work. The whole process was absolutely easy and they showed up on time. They did an outstanding job. They were knowledgeable and just great. They even cleaned up the mess that they didn't make.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

We had blue countertops in the house that were like the 80's blue tiles and blue grout, and it's horrible. I did my research and had three other quotes then we chose to go with Granite Transformations. The sales representative came over and showed us everything. We weren't really happy with anything that we saw then she brought out the recycled glass and we loved it. That's what we went with. They have one person who came out and measured it and then another one who installed it. It's unique how they do that. However, there was one glitch and they missed one piece. But they came back the next day and got it fixed so there's no problem. It was quick, easy, no stress on my part, and a good experience. They did a great job and I have recommended them.

Granite Transformations expert review by Joseph Truini

Granite Transformation’s main business is granite and quartz countertops. However, they also offer the complimentary services of cabinet re-facing and tile backsplash installation. The company serves over 27 states as well as four Canadian provinces.

• Lifetime warranty: The company provides a limited lifetime warranty for products they manufacture.

• Fast turnaround: Standard installations of countertops and backsplashes typically take one day. The new countertop is formed to fit directly over the old counter.

• Free estimate: The company will come to your home for a consultation and free estimate. They also stand by the estimate and guarantee there will be no hidden charges.

• Durable products: Granite Transformations offers a special sealing product called ForeverSeal®, which improves the counter’s stain, scratch and heat resistance.

• Eco-friendly: Because the old countertop is not demolished and removed, the process is more eco-friendly than other approaches. This method minimizes the amount of waste going to the landfill and the mess in the home.

• Best for: Homeowners or commercial kitchen owners who need fast turnaround on new countertops.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
    Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Granite Transformations Company Information