Find a Kitchen Remodeling partner

3. Kitchen Remodeling

4.5/5 (1429 ratings)
Find a Kitchen Remodeling partner
Banner image

Need help with a kitchen project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Granite Transformations

From Australia to the United States, Granite Transformations has remodeled both commercial and domestic countertops for over 15 years. Our goal is to bring a fresh and exciting new look to your countertops, cabinets, backsplashes and floors.

Banner image

Need help with a kitchen project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Granite Transformations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Granite Transformations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Granite Transformations?

Original review: July 29, 2021

Jeff from Farmington Hills, Michigan did the installation of our kitchen countertop. He and his assistant were very professional. It is really beautiful and is a stunner. He told us how to keep it clean and be careful of acidic substances on it. Our salesperson should have told us that before we selected the one with shells in it. Regardless, we are very happy.

Original review: July 24, 2021

We are happy with the overall work. Except there were a couple of issues. It took Granite Transformation several months to install. The dates moved once because of us and second because of nonavailability of people at Granite Transformation. The work was done very nicely, however, one of our big mirror in the bathroom is chipped. We are waiting to hear back from Granite Transformation on the issue.

Get buying tips about Kitchen Remodeling Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2021

I am so happy with my new kitchen! The entire process was so smooth, beginning with Interior Decorator Stephanie guiding me with her great ideas and helping me pick everything out. Robert was meticulous and did a beautiful job on the cabinet refacing, and Jeff did a great job on the countertop installation and backsplash. The Master Service plumbers were very helpful and expertly hooked everything up. Great, friendly work crews. Everything turned out beautiful and perfect. I would highly recommend Granite Transformations in Farmington. Thank you!

Original review: May 15, 2021

Overall great experience. The company started with educating us on granite quality. Making sure we understood what makes quality granite, things like thickness, origin or region of stone, fill, and more. Made a tremendous difference in knowing what I was purchasing and what factors contributed to cost. Assuring us there would be professional well experienced installers working the project. And the finish work sealing and polishing was well done.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Pleased with the salesperson, she was very knowledgeable and helpful. The countertop was installed yesterday, and it is very looks very nice, we are pleased with the finished result. The installers were Patrick and Parker. They were outstanding. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and thorough. You could not ask for better representatives of your business.

Original review: June 3, 2021

Having two friends recommend your company, I felt confident in making my decision to have you do the work. I understand that stone can have flaws, but what I didn't plan on is a damaged product. Extremely disappointed not only with the product, but with the workmanship... Marking up my walls, the uneven grouting in the inlay, the cleaning of the grout and the grey water residue left across the bottom cabinet doors... What a mess... Horrible experience. Spending this kind of money for this product/installation... I strongly feel that a portion of this installation should be refunded to me. Sheryl **

Original review: April 30, 2021

They tried to pressure us into to a deal only good for 24 hours. We canceled, and went with a contractor and got granite for 2500 instead of fake granite over the old counters for 2000 less mmmm.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Company Statement: “We deliver quality bathroom and kitchen remodeling services in as little as a day – and without the stress and mess of a traditional remodel.” Our remodel was to be completed by November 06, 2020. We JUST got it finished February, 2021!! The product looks great and the results adequate. The salesperson explained the process: measuring, ordering, and installing countertops; cabinet doors etc measured/ordered. In between, body of cabinets sanded, stripped and ready for install of the vinyl, doors, etc. My BIGGEST concern was dust and how they would ensure “little to nothing” (per sales rep) because the workers will temporarily “enclose” the area. This was for the sanding of the cabinets. The countertops would be made offsite and as the salesman explained, they will “simply deliver the product, secure it” and done. DID NOT HAPPEN!!

The area was not enclosed, a section of the countertop was not cut correctly and due to the inexperience of Granite Transformations “installers” and “laziness” they attempted to make the tops “fit” by cutting parts of the kitchen areas. Leaving dust throughout the entire house!! Then, lied to us, stating a crew would be out next day to install new section of countertop. Didn’t happen. Actually, had to call them to learn they didn’t know anything about the situation! The owner of this Sacramento “franchise” totally incompetent as a business owner. His office staff is a complete group of inexperienced and incompetent individuals. One person to the other are unable to communicate to each other, do not review pictures sent to them, and are unable to schedule anything efficiently. Thus, making you a low priority for issue resolution.

This is not just about the countertops. They scratched our brand-new microwave as they attempt to uninstall/reinstall the appliance. These inexperienced and incompetent “installers” are a complete joke and lazy! They take forever to get the simplest of things done (playing with their cell phones most of the time) to attempts at hiding their mistakes and lying to you! Did not reface the sides of the cabinets of the microwave area, they simply painted the unfinished areas. All the tops of the cabinets were not completed, they just installed the crown molding over it hoping to hide the defects which certainly would ruin the integrity of the product. They did not sand the under portion of the island when they filled in the gap after the countertops were installed. This left sharp pieces sticking out to where you could cut your finger and/or get a sliver.

It cost us almost $1,300 to reclean the house (windows, carpet, living room furniture) not to mention the additional day we spent to board out little dog! We did reimburse ourselves $500 from the final payment. The microwave we deducted $235 for a new door replacement. However, to get their attention, we ended up disputing $5,000 from our American Express for non-completion of the job. The idiot owner had the nerve to inform us that this was unethical! So, if you want this type of service, then by all means go for it and I wish you luck.

As far as corporate is concerned, they don’t care! The idiot that took my telephone call simply stated that this is a franchise and owner operated. All corporate could do was to contact the franchise. The corporate office needs to understand what a franchise is because they receive royalties and fees from these franchises, thus, these franchises are acting agents for them. Definitely will not recommend them to anyone! Go find another company that will give you probably better results!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Extremely pleasant experience with the installation of our Onyx Shower Unit. Installer very informative and good worker. Work was done in an orderly manner and all clean up was completed at the end of the installation. Would recommend Granite Transformations to friends and relatives.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

My cabinet refacing was excellent! I could not be more happy with the results & the installers were polite & had the job done in just 2 days! Incredible workmanship that I will be referring to all my interested friends & family. Thank you so much

Granite Transformations author review by Joseph Truini

Granite Transformation’s main business is granite and quartz countertops. However, they also offer the complimentary services of cabinet re-facing and tile backsplash installation. The company serves over 27 states as well as four Canadian provinces.

• Lifetime warranty: The company provides a limited lifetime warranty for products they manufacture.

• Fast turnaround: Standard installations of countertops and backsplashes typically take one day. The new countertop is formed to fit directly over the old counter.

• Free estimate: The company will come to your home for a consultation and free estimate. They also stand by the estimate and guarantee there will be no hidden charges.

• Durable products: Granite Transformations offers a special sealing product called ForeverSeal®, which improves the counter’s stain, scratch and heat resistance.

• Eco-friendly: Because the old countertop is not demolished and removed, the process is more eco-friendly than other approaches. This method minimizes the amount of waste going to the landfill and the mess in the home.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Granite Transformations Company Information