Consumer Reviews and Complaints

13%
  • 3 stars22
  • 2 stars14
  • 1 stars15

From Australia to the United States, Granite Transformations has remodeled both commercial and domestic countertops for over 15 years. Our goal is to bring a fresh and exciting new look to your countertops, cabinets, backsplashes and floors.

We offer unique product lines, such as Trend Stone, Trend Glass and Trend Mosaics, that are sure to impress even the most selective shopper. Our product lines offer a variety of options and an opportunity to transform your counter space into something worth showing off. We look forward to assisting you in your home remodel!

Granite Transformations

Thank you very much for choosing Granite Transformations for your kitchen remodel Donald. We are so glad that you are thrilled with our work and products. It always pleases us to hear about extremely satisfied customers. Customer satisfactions is very important to us and it's wonderful to hear when customers love our work.

Original review: May 13, 2016

We were doing a remodel project in our house and we were undecided on how to do the kitchen so we got the services of Granite Transformations. The sales rep was outstanding. She texted me quite often when we were undecided yet. We had three different granite choices to go with and changed our mind after the original decision. She kept in contact with us and was very helpful in getting all the process changed before they came out and did the measurements. A nice guy came out to do the measurements then he returned with another individual to do part of the installation. They were friendly the whole time and did the work very quickly and accurately. They also cleaned up after themselves. The quality of the remodeling was excellent, I can't see any seams. Everybody that comes in the house thinks it's solid granite and can't believe it's just granite that went over the countertop.

Granite Transformations

Hi Becky, thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the time you took to drive to Nashville to see our products and we are glad you loved the experience. We hope you are still enjoying the timeless beauty and durability of your countertops.

Original review: April 18, 2016

We had moved from Michigan and bought a house. The kitchen was beautiful but the countertop was older. We were planning to put new countertops, and happened to see the advertisement of Granite Transformations on TV, so I called the number and we drove to Nashville, Tennessee to check it out. The sales rep came here and brought samples with him. He was nice and we really liked him. We decided to do it. The installers were excellent. It's a beautiful countertop and we love it. We had a great experience with Granite Transformations. They were very professional and knew exactly what they were talking about.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We looked at the various granite slabs and marble and they were going to require too much remodeling of our cabinets to make them work. With the center stuff of the Granite Transformations, I wouldn’t have to redo the whole kitchen just to get a new counter. It was excellent working with their sales representative. She went above and beyond. The installation team was amazing and phenomenal. This is an old house and things aren’t level and angles aren’t right angles everywhere. They ran into one little wiggly spot and we put our heads together on what to do and made the decision. Then they fixed it right on the spot. It was just fantastic. The whole experience was much easier than I expected it to be. I love the quality of their work and I highly recommend them.

Having Granite Transformations for our countertop felt like it was gonna be a little cheaper than the full granite so we decided to go with it. The sales rep did a great job and the installation team was good. I really like my countertop and everything’s fine. One of my friends has already used them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Granite Transformations did two bathrooms and countertops with a little bit of some framing work for mirrors. The sales rep was more of a decorator or designer and she helped as well with color. All in all, the experience I had with them has been very positive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Granite Transformations?

I got a kitchen countertop from Granite Transformations and I liked it a lot. The sales rep explained the product and how the process worked. When I had questions, I could call and ask. Then, the installers ran into a problem and they had to come back the second day, but they fixed all that. Everybody was very competent, expert and friendly. Overall, it has been an exceptional experience. It’s everything I would expect from a company that was selling me something.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Granite Transformations helped us with our countertops and backsplash. I'm satisfied with the experience but I wish they had more designs and colors.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Every single aspect about Granite Transformations was great, all perfect. I had them help me with a kitchen granite countertop and sink install. The sales rep was lovely and easy to talk to and represented their product well. The installation team was very thorough and kind and got the job done. I got exactly what I wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Formica countertop that's peeling and chipped. I then went to Granite Transformations and they helped me. The sales representative was wonderful. She and the installation did a great job. I'm pleased with what I've got. It looks great and it's everything that the sales rep said it was going to be. I can put hot pots on it too. I'm very happy with it. It's just what I wanted.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I contacted Granite Transformations since I needed good cabinetwork for our two bathrooms and the kitchen. The sales team was really easy to work with, even though scheduling was difficult for us because of my husband’s work. They were able to come out at hours that were very accommodating and not necessarily on their own schedule. We really appreciated that. The installation people set the expectation. They said what they would do and then they did it. That is rare with contractors these days, so I really appreciated that. They were also very clean and professional. The only thing is that it would be really nice if there were more color options.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The sales rep came to our house and was there for quite a period of time and going over what we had. There was a confusion in what we got and then they reneged on what they said they would do. The guys that put the tops in did okay.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my cabinets measured and the sales rep from Granite Transformations came out and helped me pick out colors. The installation team got it all done in the amount of time they said they were going to do it. It looks really nice and upgraded my cabin kitchen. It was a very pleasant experience.

We've just gotten a house and we were wanting to get the cabinets refaced. A sales rep from Granite Transformations came by to give us an estimate and did measurements. But we decided not to go through with it. They have good customer service but they might be a little pushy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to look at replacing our countertop and our cabinet doors. The day that we were at the home show, we really weren’t that interested with Granite Transformations but I took their card. And then I started reviewing the junk that I got from the home show and gave them a call. Their rep came out and was very, very nice and very professional. We signed up for them to work on our countertops, but we did not do our cabinets because we couldn’t afford it at the time. The installers were very professional and I was extremely pleased with the work that they did. They even called and made a follow up to make sure that everything was successful. It was an excellent experience and they were wonderful. I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A good friend had used Granite Transformations before and she was very pleased. Then everywhere I looked, it was going to take weeks to get it all done and installed. Granite Transformations had the best turnaround - they come one day and get it all figured out, then come one day the next week and have it all installed. I needed it done at least the day before Thanksgiving and didn’t get it contracted until late but they were very obliging to me and got it done three days before Thanksgiving, so I was thrilled. We had one problem months down the road as something came loose. I called them and they came the next day and fixed it at no charge. They were a little bit pricey but the extra money was worth it to get the job done quicker. I highly recommend Granite Transformations.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was a good experience with Granite Transformations. I ordered the granite covering for my countertops and they installed it. They did a great job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were wanting to transform our bathroom. We went to a showroom, saw Granite Transformation's products and contacted them. We had the shower, countertop and did a sizing on the tub. The sales rep was wonderful, very sweet and informative. She did her job well and I was impressed. The installation team took a little longer because their plumber thought he was having a heart attack, but it was reflux. He had to move the weekend before and it was a Monday. But normally it wouldn’t have taken as long as it did. They had to wait for another plumber because they have other things they’re doing and he was the one that was designated. But everything else was fine. They did a excellent job and we’re very happy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’d been looking at granite or some type of new surface for our countertops. Our home is 22 years old, and we thought we needed to do something different. We had priced the way that involved more demolition of our kitchen, and thought using Granite Transformations was the least intrusive. It was less of a mess and our kitchen wouldn’t have to be torn down. I was at work when the installers came, so I allowed them into my house to do their thing and they left the home as discussed. There was a little bit of dust in places, but that was expected. I was explicit that I wanted to keep my old sink and they didn’t pressure me about any of that. I said I wanted to leave our backsplash because everything’s so dark.

The salesperson I worked with was very appreciative of what we wanted and it was within our budget. That was important because sometimes people try to sell us a bit more than what we really had in mind. I also had Granite Transformations come back one time because the kitchen counters were still a little too gritty after the period of time that had passed. They gave it another treatment of lacquer thinner. They were very accommodating. I was retiring from teaching school and I knew I would be on a limited budget, so they did a wonderful job with that. We’ve never had granite before, and it compares very well with what our friends and relatives have. We’re very happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had an excellent experience dealing with Granite Transformation. I heard about them from my next-door neighbor. His mother-in-law had her whole kitchen done and she was pleased. I looked up online and then I went to see about it and I did my bathroom. Their sales representative came here, brought samples and explained everything beautifully. Everything was done quickly and beautifully. The bathroom is lovely and we haven't had any problems with it at all. I have recommended them to my friends that are considering remodeling.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got countertops and backsplash from Granite Transformations. Our experience with their sales reps was very pleasant. Installation was great and there were no issues at all. It went very smoothly and exactly like they told us it would. I’ve been very happy with the quality of the remodel done by them. I’ve had lots of people that have made comments on it when they’ve seen it. All in all, it was everything that I expected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for an upgrade. The sales reps of Granite Transformations were very knowledgeable and pleasant. Plus, the installation team was fine. Their employees are very professional. All-around, good company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to upgrade our kitchen so we got in touch with Granite Transformations to get pricing. The sales rep was really nice. They came to our house and took all the measurements. They were able to quote me a price right there and then I bought it right then. The installers were very professional. When they did the sink cut out, they made my wife a little lazy Susan that sits on the table that matches all the granite. One time the edge of the sink cracked, and I called them. They had a guy out here in four days and got it fixed right back up.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got in contact with Granite Transformations to see how their product work and the process they went through. I got kitchen countertops, sink, and faucet, and I love the quality of the remodel. The sales rep had the product to be visible and she helped me make a choice with the matching sink. She was very knowledgeable about the colors and what would go with the cabinetry that was in there. The installation was fast, quick, professional and done very well. Things went smooth.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Granite Transformations helped me with my bathroom countertop. I love the remodel and the product is awesome. The salesgirl was also perfect. She came out to my house even if she was not feeling good and explained everything to me. The installation was wonderful. The guy did an awesome job, was here and left, and left no mess. I would truly recommend them. As a matter of fact, I already have.

We called Granite Transformations and a sales rep came to our house and gave us a quote to install their product over our counters. We were showed small samples of colors (4x4) and not very many to choose from. We were very surprised with the price he quoted to do our kitchen and one bathroom. It seemed quite expensive to us for a substance that was not a true stone product.

We then called another Local Company for a quote and went to their office to see their product. There are many different colors and types of granite, marble and quarts samples to choose from, with varying price ranges. His wife in the store was very nice and there was no pressure to buy anything. She spent time going over the different types of stone, prices and options available. She suggested we bring in samples from our home to make sure what we liked match what we picked.

The owner came to our house, did all measurements and quoted a price that was less than HALF of what Granite Transformations quoted us! We gave them the job and the work was done without delay. He was very accommodating with our time because we worked Monday to Friday. His team was very efficient and prompt in their work. He gave great tips on how to make our kitchen more attractive, personalized looking and updated. They also supplied and installed lovely sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms, although the plumbing connections were done by my husband. We had our kitchen and 2 bathrooms done for half the price of Granite Transformations and have not regretted it. We are very pleased and satisfied with our choice. We are very happy with the whole experience we received from other company and now have real Granite (and Quartz in on suite). BEWARE of Granite Transformations.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw Granite Transformations in a home show in Knoxville and since I wanted the job done quick, I had them install a countertop in my kitchen. I didn’t think that they would be able to be competitive, but it was great. One thing I didn't like during the purchase though was the sales pressure. They didn’t give me time to think and asked me to make a decision then. But the quality of the remodel is awesome and I have no complaints. The installation team was great and they knew exactly what they were doing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Granite Transformations had previously worked on my kitchen and a bar area and last August, they did some bathrooms for me and I love it. It made a huge drastic difference in the way my bathrooms look. The installers were very professional, considerate and kept me informed. They answered my questions and cleaned up after.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were interviewing different contractor options to upgrade our kitchen, which we had been thinking about doing for awhile. Granite Transformations offered something different because they don’t have to do demolition and can apply the granite on top of my current kitchen or counters. I wanted to explore that. It went great with the sales representative. She helped me put the timeline together and with the décor, which has the different selections that I wanted. That part went very smoothly.

We wouldn’t have gone with anyone that couldn’t have been a general contractor to do some additional things that we wanted done for the project. There's a Granite Transformations employee that had experience here in Lincoln that could serve as the general contractor for the JT part of the project and then for the other things we wanted done. I was very happy with the person I worked with. She had a lot of integrity because the other part of the project has a lot of complications. It was hard because she had to fire a subcontractor and start over on that side of the project. I would have expected a little more detail from her, though. But we are five months down the road and I'm very happy with all those changes, the products, project design and implementation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Granite Transformations did a granite countertop in our bathroom. The woman they've sent came out to the house and did the measuring. She did a fine job talking about the product but she wasn’t completely knowledgeable. We were talking about the bathroom and the kitchen and she said that we’d get a stainless steel sink with the kitchen if we go ahead and order. So I asked, "What grade stainless steel sink, what number?” She said that there isn't a difference and it's all the same. I said that there are heavier stainless steel sinks versus a cheaper quality. At first, she tried to tell me that there was only one and that I didn’t know what I was talking about, which put a bad taste in my mouth. But we went ahead to do the bathroom.

They said that the installation would be in a day but we couldn’t use the counter, the sink in the bathroom. The water and everything was turned off for 24 hours while the sink seal set because we were going to use our existing sinks and so they had to be lifted out. The guys took them out but my husband had to put them back in. That part wasn’t quite stressed in the initial conversation. Thank goodness we had extra bathrooms so we could be without a sink for 24 hours while the glue dried. Also, the product itself is not like real granite. We were a little disappointed that there isn’t more of a shine to it. It’s a matte finish which we weren’t expecting. If we liked what we saw in the bathroom, we were going to do the kitchen but we decided not to. We will just use true granite in the kitchen.

So we weren’t completely happy. If someone asked me about Granite Transformations, I’d be honest and tell them that the product is working fine. It looks good for what we did but for the cost involved, as little as I needed, I could have gotten a remnant and had it put in for the same amount of money. I was a little bit disillusioned with the things that we didn’t know up front based on what I had heard in advertising. I would not recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted new kitchen countertops but I couldn’t afford a real quartz or granite so I got with Granite Transformations. I love the remodel which they did, and so does everybody who sees it. Also, the sales rep was able to help me pick out products that would be the best for my counters. I’ve already recommended them to friends.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Granite Transformation’s main business is countertops. However, they also offer the complementary services of cabinet re-facing and tile backsplash installation. The company serves over 30 states as well as several Canadian provinces.

• Lifetime warranty: The company provides a limited lifetime warranty for products they manufacture.
  • Fast turnaround: Standard installations of countertops and backsplashes typically takes one day. The new countertop is formed to fit directly over the old.
  • Free estimate: The company will come out to your home for a consultation and free estimate. They also stand by the estimate and guarantee there will be no hidden charges.
  • Durable products: Granite Transformations offers a special sealing product called ForeverSeal®. This product improves the stain, scratch and heat resistance of the countertop material.
  • Eco-friendly: Because the old countertop is not demolished and removed, the process is more eco-friendly than other approaches. There is less waste going to the landfill and less mess in the home.
  • Best for Homeowners or commercial kitchen owners who need fast turnaround on new countertops.

Granite Transformations Company Profile