Call toll free
4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Family-owned since 1979, Kitchen Magic is a kitchen remodeling company that offers complete kitchen remodeling from cabinet refacing services to installing completely new countertops. Kitchen Magic also offers a slew of other products and services including tile flooring, cabinet lighting, various storage options and more. To get started, contact Kitchen Magic for a free estimate.

Kitchen Magic Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

39 Kitchen Magic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I looked at some other options and Kitchen Magic had good reviews because of their lifetime warranty. The sales rep was informative, responsive and good. Everybody was great with the person who took the measurements and the crew itself. They refaced the entire kitchen and put a new countertop. However, there were quality problems. A number of doors had to be replaced because they passed quality check and they were not supposed to. Then, one or two were damaged in shipping. So, we had a number of orders and reorders, and the project was not completed on time. They added at least a week.

One of the number of reasons we chose Kitchen Magic is the promise to have someone who supervises the entire project in the timeline and makes sure everything is in place but that did not happen. The project manager was not there. I didn’t expect her to be here physically but she was not following up nor calling to find out what was going on. She didn’t even have to apologize for the problems. A couple of times, it took a number of calls and voice messages to get her to respond to questions but at the same time, she was very good and prompt in payments. They didn’t just say that they just got aware of the problems and that they were going to take of them. Even that simple call did not take place.

On the other hand, the other people that filled the crew were very good all the way from the quality of work and how much they really cared. So, they deserve kudos for that and thus far, we’re very happy with the result. We’ve had it for a few months and people that see it like it so, that part met expectations. They had to come back and redo some work because the counter people, which is another contractor, got creative in how to install it. So, I had to bring someone back to take it off and cut it properly.

Hello Mr. Barkai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. In your case there were some challenges with a few doors not being caught during quality control checks. We apologize for the inconvenience and the delay this caused. We work hard to expedite things as quickly as possible when we experience any error and solve them ASAP. We are glad you are pleased with your kitchen project and we thank you for your business!

Cindy Purcell

Get expert buying tips about Kitchen Remodeling Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Kitchen Magic repainted my cooking cabinets, did the countertop and built a custom cabinet around my double oven. The guy who did the estimate had to come around 8 o'clock after my kid went to bed but he didn't disrupt that. He worked around our schedule and I appreciated that. He was also very friendly and gave us all the information we needed. He gave his own feedback on what other people do to make sure that it's something that looks good afterwards. He was delightful and was absolutely perfect.

Then, the installers were just as friendly, even with my two dogs. The same guy came every day which was comforting 'cause I know who they are then. When I had to call back and had a couple of things fixed, it put right away on my schedule. We redid the floors and put hardwood in which made it look even nicer. The first guy came back to finish one of the cabinets after we had put the floors in, took a picture of it and he was really proud of himself. The remodel was exceptionally beautiful and was 100% perfect.

Hello Ms. Rosario,

Thank your for your review and your business. Just to clarify, refacing is the process we specialize in and what we did for you. Painting is not our specialty so I am sure that you meant to state refacing here. As you shared, we added a custom cabinet around your double oven as well as the refacing of your existing kitchen cabinets and new counters. We are not limited to just refacing your existing cabinets but in many cases we customize further by adding new cabinets for our projects. I am so pleased you are happy with your the outcome. Enjoy!

Sincerely, Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I was trying to redo my kitchen, and I reached out to several different entities and got quotes. I liked the salesman from Kitchen Magic a lot. He was a good guy and he was the one person that I reached out to. They came out to our house and gave ideas so they got a better understanding of what was gonna be involved. That was a nice personal touch. It was more expensive than the other ones, but I wanted to give the guy my business and wanted it done right. The only issue was the timing of getting it done. Once they take off the countertops and the sink, I am without a kitchen. If that time gets extended, it's not easy to live without a kitchen, a sink and running water. There was a delay, and not having that coordinated to be done within a couple of days was hard. It was basically eating out and not being able to do dishes for 10 days. Still, the quality of their work was great.

Hello Lucas McArdle :)

Thank you for your candid review. Certainly our intention is that every part of every installation falls into place without much delay and runs smoothly. Sometimes things do occur (as with any home improvement) and when that happens our staff (gnomes) work diligently to reduce as much disruption and inconvenience as possible. Thank you for being understanding of everything throughout the process. In the end, I (we) are happy that you are glad that you chose Kitchen Magic over other companies out there and that we accomplished what you wanted for your kitchen. Thank you for your patronage and enjoy your kitchen!

Sincerely, Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We do about everything through Costco like our grocery shopping and our vacations. We were doing a kitchen renovation and when we saw that they had countertops, we wanted to purchase already. The sales guy came out and I liked what he got. He sold us on the quartz and it was a good experience all around. You can tell he took really good pride in what he was saying. He made the buying process super simple and we didn’t feel pressured. It wasn’t like super "salesly", like the car salesman, so everything was really cool.

The installation guys were totally cool and they were the sweetest people. They installed the countertop promptly, and they were supposed to install the sink the same day they did the counters, naturally. But they brought the wrong sink, and they had to come back with the right one. They corrected their mistake, but we had already gone 10 days without our kitchen sink, and that was like torture. Then they came back with the right sink but they said it had to sit a full day, so it would settle. The plumber would have come the following day after that, but they were unavailable. So, we didn’t get the sink until three days after the countertop had already been installed.

We've remodeled the whole kitchen and everything was great. They raised our counter height a bit so we’d be able to get our new floors and appliances in really easily. All of the contractors that came were super sweet and they cleaned up really well. They left everything better than they found it and they were wonderful. We love our Kitchen Magic countertop.

Ms. Shaw,

Thank you for sharing your experience here and we are very happy that you are so pleased with your kitchen project! Our goal is to complete each installation without any challenges, however sometimes they do occur. When they do I can attest to our team doing everything to expedite the final installation, to avoid as much disruption as possible.

I apologize for the delay you experienced, however we are happy that you are so thrilled with the completed results. Enjoy your new kitchen!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We were looking to redo our kitchen and when we looked into a Kitchen Magic brochure from Costco, we saw kitchens in there that we liked. The rep worked with us and gave us some options. They also do refacing and they could have refaced the cabinets, but we'd rather have new cabinets than go with that. We got cabinets and countertops, and they had a carpenter who pulled up the cabinets and then someone else came to put the countertops in. Then someone else came to put the tile behind the countertops. I was pleased with all their personnel. I had a good rapport with the person who did the cabinet and he did a good job. He took pride in his work. Kitchen Magic does great work at a reasonable price.

Hello Wayne Nance,
Thank you for taking your time to post your happy review :). It is nice to hear how satisfied you are with our work and that your kitchen project was completed to your full satisfaction. Should you need any assistance in the future, please give us a call, we are happy to support and stand behind our services. Enjoy your new kitchen!

T

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kitchen Magic?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 13, 2019

Don’t be lured into a false sense of security and opt for the value warranty. We had our kitchen done by Kitchen Magic and loved the finished product, but after a few years the laminate on either side of the over peeled severely Kitchen Magic came out and replaced the damaged parts at no charge. After a few years we noticed that the same drawers had the same problem. We also noticed four more door fronts that were peeling. We called and were told that since we only had the value warranty that we would have to pay $700 for the replacement items (they are replacing the drawers at no charge). My advice is to not believe the lifetime warranty that they advertise in the home shows....you have to pay extra for it, but it may be worth it in the long run. We love the kitchen, but are disappointed in the laminate.

Hello George Eismont,

We are looking into your records right now so that we can respond to your inquiry/review here appropriately.

In the meantime we do have a five year "Value Warranty" option that you mentioned here. We also offer a lifetime of homeownership on some of our door selections as well. We offer many products, so we have other specific warranties as well. If you chose (as you say you have) the value warranty, that is a discounted price with a shorter warranty accordingly. From what you are saying here, we did discount (no charge) the drawer fronts as a courtesy to off set the costs. We really do our best to be fair and accommodating with all of our Customers. It sounds like we did that here. I am looking into it further for you as well and I can get back to you personally, if you so desire.

Thank you for your business and let me know how you would like me to reach you directly.

V.P. Customer Experience

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I've had my first Kitchen Magic product for a few years and the second for a month and they've been excellent. However, I had some problems with the third. Some of it came apart. The guy who repaired it didn't repair it right and I complained. Another guy came and he repaired it correctly. I found the company to be on time, prompt, professional, and I had very little trouble. I would recommend them highly, except for the guy that came and fixed the thing that didn't do a good job.

Hi Jeffrey Rubin!

This is great! Thank you for sharing your review. I am thrilled to hear that you were so impressed with our work that you decided to have us out three times to do more for you. That says a lot all by itself. I do apologize for the one technician who did not live up to your or our standards of excellent quality. Admittedly sometimes we make mistakes,however in the end we made it right and that is very important and what we strive for, always.

We appreciate the honest feedback from you. We take it to heart and look at that for continuous improvement with our team.

Thank you again for your feedback and for your business.

Enjoy you kitchen!

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Kitchen Magic had a booth with samples at the New Jersey Education Convention in Atlantic City and we had been thinking off and on about getting the cabinets refaced. We contacted them and got new doors, new hardware, and they also put a laminate over the other parts of the cabinet, all the edges, and also under our counter. It was very good with their sales rep. The only problem we had was that perhaps we didn't do our homework in finding out how much comparable things would have cost. Our only complaint was we thought that it was too expensive. They deducted what they said was a certain amount, but it could have been a bit more economical. Other than that, the quality of the work and the remodel was excellent.

Hi Sheila Corry,

Thank you for your review and taking your time to post it for us to see. We certainly know that it is often expensive to undertake a project such as this. Depending on many factors and the complexity of the job it can vary quite a bit. That said, we aim to please and hopefully "wow" all of our Customers with the quality of our work and very importantly, the way in which we conduct ourselves and the level of Customer Service we provide. It sounds like you are very pleased with the end result and that is the ultimate goal.

Thank you for your business and your kind words.

Enjoy your kitchen!

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We priced out a couple of places, and Kitchen Magic came in at a better price. They replaced our countertops, the sink, where the sink goes, and the cabinet under there. They refaced the rest and they took care of all the plumbing that needed to be done to get everything out of their way. And they hooked up the new appliances that I had there for me. They got the installation done. By the time I got home from work, they were cleaning up. The quality of work that was done is very good. I would definitely recommend them.

Hello Mr. Lynch,

Thank you for your review and of course your business. :) I am very glad to hear your entire experience was a pleasant one and that you are very pleased with your kitchen project!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience and enjoy your kitchen!

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We had Kitchen Magic reface our cabinets. Their reps were informative and their installation team was friendly. We’re happy with the quality of the remodel. Plus, they met the timeline they gave.

Hello John Brisco;

Thank you for your comments/review! I am glad to hear that you are so pleased with the total refacing project and that the experience with our friendly staff "Kitchen Magic gnomes" was such a good one as well.

Thank you for your business and enjoy your kitchen!

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Kitchen Magic redid my bathroom cabinets and sink. I thought it would be an easy, less involved redo with them. The initial consult person who came to my house was great and she answered all my questions. The installation experience was really good. Everyone was very professional and willing to help. They followed the timeline they gave me. The final product is everything I wanted. I like the color, it lightens the room. Then the hardware is better than pictures and it's better than I thought it would be. Overall, Kitchen Magic was very attentive.

Hello, Erin Flynn :)

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone! We are happy that you love your finished project, even better that it was surpassed your expectations! Thank you again for sharing your kind words.

Best,

Customer Experience

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We needed a kitchen facelift and Kitchen Magic helped us with resurfacing the old cabinets, cabinet doors, and the face of the cabinets. The rep was very responsive and pretty much on point. The installation team was willing to work with us and the quality of work that was performed was good, definitely 100%.

Hello Bart Wojtaszek,

Thank you for taking your time to share some feedback with everyone about your experience with us during your installation. Time is valuable to all of us and we appreciate that very much. We are very glad to hear you love your end result in your kitchen and that the process went so smoothly.

Thank you again and enjoy your kitchen!

Customer Experience

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I told the lady from Kitchen Magic at BJ’s in Wallingford that I was looking for a countertop. She gave me a card and then I got an appointment with her. Everybody that came was very friendly. The first guy came in and we discussed about the color we wanted and what kind of countertop we were looking for. He was a nice guy. The second one came to do the measurements. The third guy came to level all my base cabinets, but he didn't do anything and I ended up doing it myself. I called them again to see if they could buff the countertop again for me, but I never heard from them. Still, the countertop came out nicely and my wife loves it.

Hello Gelet Jean Paul,

Thank you for sharing your comments/review with us. While I am happy you and your wife are happy with the end result of your countertop, I see you mentioned that you contacted us to have your countertop buffed since the installation. We pride ourselves in returning calls within one business day of receiving a call (if over the weekend, then returned by the next business dayI expect this has been already addressed because of the time gone by, however I will check with our Warranty Service department to be sure they received your call/message(have it recorded) and confirm that it has been addressed.

Thank you for your business and we will be in touch to be sure you are satisfied.

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I needed to have my kitchen refaced. I heard about Kitchen Magic when I was at Costco and they helped me with the countertop, the cabinets, and the backsplash. Their sales rep was a very nice man and he even helped me out after with my flooring. Their installers were nice as well but I had their folks here many times after the installation because they didn't install things correctly. The drawers weren’t opening or closing and they weren’t connecting correctly. The cabinets were also chipping and and my dishwasher wasn’t working because it didn’t get plugged in correctly after they took it out.

When I called Kitchen Magic about my issues, they had somebody here within days to fix the problem. So they were great for coming out and fixing things. But the point is, the problems shouldn't have happened in the first place and the items should have been installed properly from the beginning. There was a lot of back and forth and because of that, I would probably not use them again.

Kitchen Magic will also send you anything you need and the person will come out here and put it in. And if it doesn’t get used, it’d sit in my basement. So, I have enough Kitchen Magic cabinet covering in my basement to redo my kitchen cabinets. That’s all fine and good, but it was concerning that it took them so long to get their act together. In fact, they initially came in September and everything was complete, as far as the chips, after Thanksgiving. Then they put my dishwasher in and one of the cabinets chipped during that so they had to come and take that piece off.

They had a lot of people that they work with outside that they contacted. Each one of them was different and they did a different type of a job. In fact, I didn’t get the same person all the time. The guy who installed the cabinet that got chipped didn't sand it down enough to put the contact paper on it and that was the reason why it chipped. And the guy who came out to fix it didn’t sand it down again and said that it was done. But I told him that it wasn't and he wasn't a good guy. He was putting chalk on it and I had to tell him to take it off again. I told him to redo it and sand it down because it wasn’t meeting the two corners. But I shouldn’t have to do that and Kitchen Magic should have quality across the board as far as what they expect from their people. Other than that, I was satisfied with my experience and when I've expressed to them that their installation wasn't the best, they've apologized for it.

Hello Linda Stern,

Thank you for your candid review of your experience with us. As you stated you are satisfied now with the end result, for that I am happy. As for some of the hiccups along the way and any delays during the installation, I sincerely apologize. We know sometimes we make mistakes, as we are human and that can happen. When that occurs we do our best to rise to the occasion and live up to our promises and do everything within our power to make it right. It does sound like that happened in the end with your project, so I am glad to know that. We take feedback seriously and strive for continuous improvements, so thank you very much for taking the time to provide your information. If you need service for your kitchen, please reach out to us and we will be happy to help you. We appreciate your business.

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I had Kitchen Magic change my kitchen counter. Their reps were easy to talk to. They explained the whole process from start to finish and they were easy to contact. I had a good experience and I’m happy about the work that was done from them. I was satisfied with the finished product.

Hello Anthony Oparaji,

We are happy to know you are so pleased with your countertop and your experience with Kitchen Magic! Enjoy your countertop and should you need some cabinet refacing done to spruce up the cabinets down the road, we are here to help with that too! Enjoy and thanks for the review :).

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I wanted to redo my kitchen and I bought a granite top from Kitchen Magic. Everything was very good with the sales rep. It took a while but everything was very well planned out. Everything happened when they said it was gonna happen and I was very happy with it. The carpenter was the best and he was very precise. Although he told me he was supposed to finish in a day, he took a day and a couple hours the next morning but he made sure everything fit perfectly. I spent a lot of money but it was very good. I had somebody who was gonna do it for half that price but I was very doubtful that the quality would be something that I liked. It was the guy who did my bathroom and I asked him to email me his proposition so I have it in writing but I never got that. I appreciated that everything was done and it was done in a timely manner with Kitchen Magic.

Hi Princess Swift;

Thank your for your review and certainly putting your trust in Kitchen Magic! I am happy to hear the whole experience and the outcome was a great one! We do our best to be as professional in our approach with every project we take on and it sounds like that is exactly what you experienced.

Enjoy your granite countertop and thank you again for going with us. :)

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We had other people that were gonna come over to speak to us, but we liked Kitchen Magic to begin with. I liked what they said. We had our kitchen redone, including drawers and doors. My husband and I love our new drawers. They're all very nice. The rep who came over and gave us the estimate was excellent. He was very nice and very informative. The other gentleman who came to measure was very thorough, and I liked him a lot. Then the man who did the installation was very nice and informative too. He was good at what he did and he was very neat. Every night he left and he had plastic up in everything, and my house didn't look like a disaster area. Everything was moved out of the area, and then moved back in with no problem.

Hello Madeline Gross,

Thank you for deciding to go with Kitchen Magic after you looked into other options elsewhere. We work hard to deliver on our promises and build beautiful kitchen solutions for our Customers. It's our duty to provide the most friendly, and skilled services. We believe being nice is as important as installing a beautiful kitchen!

Thank you for your kind words and enjoy your kitchen!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had such a disturbing call with this company while just trying to set up a consultation. I am the primary breadwinner and the sole owner of my home, but could not make an appointment unless my husband was home so he could answer possible questions about plumbing or electrical. As if a woman wouldn't possibly know these things or make decisions about her home! Get out of the Stone Age. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Kitchen Magic response

We apologize for the misunderstanding. We do not have such a requirement. On every call we do strongly encourage full household participation at the time of the consultation, and urge customers to schedule an appointment when all homeowners are available. In our experience, having all interested parties involved from the beginning provides the best kitchen remodeling experience for the customer.

We hope you will call us back to schedule your appointment. Although we do encourage full participation on every call, please know that this is not a requirement and we will be happy to come out to see you.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Kitchen Magic replaced our countertop. Their reps were helpful and their installation team did a good job. It was gonna take all day to install, and our ETA was in line with that. It's a quartz countertop and I’m happy with the end product.

Hello Robyn Bonner;

Thank you for your review and your business! We are pleased to hear you had such a pleasant experience and that you are happy with your countertop. Enjoy!

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I saw some of Kitchen Magic's reviews and they were all pretty good, so I started calling and signing up with the options where it was what I wanted to have done. It allowed me to have all of the people that I needed to come at a precise time - plumbers, electricians and tile people. They did a complete kitchen and the installation went very well. The whole project was done in a reasonable amount of time, and they were very clean. They did a very good job and we're very happy with everything.

Hello Ms. Smith,

Thank you for the kind words and review, and of course your business and trust in us. Sometimes our projects are very basic, quick and easy. Sometimes they are more complex, as you described here, it sounds like your project was one of the more complicated ones! That said, we are happy you are pleased and that your kitchen transformation is what you hoped it would be. :) Enjoy your kitchen!

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We had Kitchen Magic replace the doors of our kitchen cabinets as they seemed to do what we wanted to get done. The team that came was fast, clean, efficient and very nice. They taped the kitchen up so that there was no dust or whatever. The whole thing was done in one day and it worked out well. However, Kitchen Magic could do more work. There were some things that we have liked to get done, but they don't do them, such as plumbing. But if you wanna do an inexpensive, middle of the road thing, Kitchen Magic is a good idea. Look into them.

Hello Mr. D'Ambrosio,
Thank you for deciding to go with us :). Kitchen Magic specializes in cabinet refacing, custom cabinetry, counters and backsplashes as well as tile. That being said sometimes the plumbing, depending on the extent of the need, or the state where you reside is something we are not able to perform. We are not always the most inexpensive option, however we pride ourselves in delivering on the value and living up to the promises made to our Customers. Thank you for your review!

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

At a local arts and crafts festival, Kitchen Magic automatically put your name in and then, they contact you to ask if you'd like a free estimate, and to sit down. We accepted that and at the same time, our name was in the drawing. It was an easy, informative, and thorough interaction with the sales rep. We got a cabinet refacing and the installation went smoothly. The quality was very nice and I’m happy that it has a warranty through the lifetime of the house with this owner. It’s better than other kitchen cabinets that you might install.

Hi Ms. Kanieski,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us here! I am happy to hear that our display and friendly staff caught your eye at the crafts festival and that you decided to put your trust in Kitchen Magic. We do our very best to live up to expectations and deliver what people want for their kitchens. If we can be of further assistance, please give us a call. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

A friend of mine had just used Kitchen Magic, so I thought I'll give them a call. I was expecting just a preliminary thing, and then all of a sudden, I found myself signing in the line. They did some updating to our kitchen. They did the countertop and the backsplash. Their reps were all very nice and knowledgeable. The workmen knew what they were doing. They were very good, neat, clean and friendly. I was pleased with them. The quality of the remodel was very good. I had a new sink with it. I wanted a double sink but it came out a little smaller than I visualized. They told me it was gonna be smaller than what I had before, but somehow, when it's actually there, then you really see it. So far, it's fine. It's just a little small.

Hello MS, Whelen,

So glad you decided to have Kitchen Magic out so soon after your friend went with us! That speaks volumes in and of itself.:) Great to hear that the experience to the finished kitchen was smooth and that you are happy with your kitchen project. Enjoy your kitchen and thank you for your trust and your business.

Sincerely, Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

After installing my new countertop, I got the quote from Kitchen Magic and it was a little on the expensive side. We also had a very small issue because it was little off than the measurement but ultimately, everything worked out. Overall, the quality is good and my new countertop looks very good.

Kitchen Magic response
Thank you for your business and your review here, Pankaj Dhilloo!

We are glad that you are happy with the outcome of your completed countertop. Sometimes there are challenges during an installation, however we have a very skilled staff and they are super at coordinating solutions in a timely manner.

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Kitchen Magic replaced our cabinet and backsplash and did our granite countertop and I liked their work. Initially I reached out to a couple of different companies but we liked the discussion we had with them, and so we decided to go forward with it. Also, the sales rep we talked to provided us with some suggestions. The plan that was then laid out was very informative. Kitchen Magic stuck to that as well as to all the dates that they had committed to. Moreover, the crew that came was good and professional. Overall, the whole thing went really well. I recommend this company.

Hi Anuja Chaudhary,

Thank you for your comments about your experience with Kitchen Magic. After you did check around and look at other options, we are happy you chose Kitchen Magic to do your cabinets, backsplash and granite countertop! As you mentioned you were also happy with how we were able to stick to the dates we committed to and most importantly your kitchen is to you liking, that is our dream goal! Thank you for your business.:)

Cindy Purcell

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We hired Kitchen Magic for a fairly large project that entailed ripping up the entire first floor of our home's flooring and replacing it with tile throughout. We also needed 2 new upper cabinets and 1 lower, matched to the existing cabinets. The cabinets were to be brought up to the ceiling, and topped off with crown molding. The backsplash was to be ripped out and replaced. All baseboards were to be replaced where the tile was put down. We also ordered 2 double pull out drawers for trash barrels. Granite countertops were purchased to replace the old ones. Initially, we had planned to use their plumber to re-hook up the kitchen and bathroom sinks.

This project, unfortunately, had issues from the start. The job began on 6/18, and from that time until 7/9 we had to call an emergency electrician (stove began sparking when tile guys plugged it back in after screwing the electrical box back to the floor), an emergency plumber was called, due to the kitchen sink leaking during countertop installation, and a light fixture in the basement was broken during construction. These are things that can happen during projects like this, and Kitchen Magic has offered to reimburse for damages with proper proof (proof was provided immediately). They state that reimbursement will come 3-5 days after the final paperwork is signed (8/6).

I want to make it very clear, that the subcontractors have done good work. The issue stems from Kitchen Magic's deficient customer service, and poor communication, both internally to one another, externally to the customer, as well as when placing orders. No clear timeline was defined. We were often left questioning when a particular part of the job would take place, and who would be doing the work.

When dates were given, they were often changed. Verbal promises were made by the salesman, that were not honored because "they are not in the contract". (This part, we as homeowners must take responsibility for. We thought we had asked the proper questions, and did not expect to get taken advantage of, but ultimately this is our "fault") Between my husband and myself, we have made and received ~50 calls in 24 business days. We both work full time, and the majority of these calls resulted in our being put on hold for 10-25 minutes on each call.

We have had to wait extended periods of time for materials because they were not ordered at all, or the wrong materials were ordered. On three occasions we were missing items, which led to the delay of the project (cabinet items were missing upon first delivery, cabinet drawer pullout missing after second delivery, and the wrong baseboard was ordered. The baseboards were ultimately picked up at Home Depot by the carpenter, after waiting 1 month for delivery.) Items that ARE listed in the contract, had to be fought for via email and phone calls. I was told twice by our project leader that the items were not in the contract, and I had to point out that they were. All paperwork has been signed and we are supposed to receive reimbursement for damage done during installation in the amount of $1148.

After several of my calls revolved around how unhappy we have been, due to the multiple issues and poor customer service we received, Kitchen Magic offered a refund of $250. This is approximately .07% of the full cost of our job. I do not feel this justifies the many hours we had to take out of our work days to field calls to the company, work our schedule around their poorly organized, often changing delivery dates, and waiting an additional month for completion, due to their lack of internal communication. I only agreed to this amount because I wanted to be done dealing with the customer service team, and I did not expect they would offer any further reimbursement. We have tried to remain patient and understanding, however, their customer service department lacks training, organization, and empathy. I would not recommend Kitchen Magic.

Hello Kerry Fuentes,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the difficulties and communication challenges experienced during your kitchen installation. Of course we want all of our projects to go smoothly without any hiccups, and often they are pretty straight forward and do go very well. Unfortunately we did experience some new training issues which resulted in a service breakdown during at the time of your installation. To my knowledge we have addressed your concerns and taken full responsibility to fulfill our obligations with you. I believe you have been in touch with our Warranty Service Manager and that we are now in good standing. We hope that you are now fully satisfied with the outcome of your kitchen. Should you need any further assistance or support we stand ready, willing an happy to help. Thank you and enjoy your holidays.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We bought a home that the previous owner used Kitchen Magic to redo the kitchen. It looked good when we looked at the house. After we bought the home. We had to replace 2 cabinet doors because of the horrible laminate they use it just peels off. Let this be known it is not cheap to replace anything. That was 3 years ago. Since then I now have 3 cabinet doors where the laminate is peeled back and 2 drawer fronts with the same issue. This doesn't even mention the amount of laminate that we have had to glue back into place because it is falling off. Now to me as a "family run company as they claim" you think no matter who owned the home they would just own up to there quality of products and own the manufacturing and quality of their products they would warranty them no matter what.

Now I have a disabled VET husband who cannot work and has to stay home. We are just really disappointed when they said, "Oh well. Nothing we can really do but you will just have to pay for the new doors and faces of drawers." If I pay for 5 new doors on top of what I have already paid to have replaced because it is defective then I might as well have a new company rip out all the cabinets that Kitchen Magic put in and start fresh with a better product. If this is how they are going to treat people or use a inferior product that they stand behind as long as it is the original owner Then to me that is not standing behind the quality of your product. This kitchen has been falling apart ever since day 1 of when we moved into our home. Like I said my husband is a disabled VET and the real reason we chose this home was because everything was updated and we wouldn't have to go through construction since my husband is so ill.

We told them, "Oh. We have glued a lot of the laminate back into place," and they said, "Oh well. If we do that it is $40 per hour." I then stated well I should be paid then because we have been non stop gluing everything back together. If they know they have to send people out to glue their products back in place don't you think you might look into the quality. I really just want the doors and drawers fixed but to want to charge me $900 plus to change out. On top of the already $1000 plus we have dropped to replace door that have already peeled. I really just wish anyone else would really consider this review before considering having Kitchen Magic into their home for a kitchen makeover. I will update this review as I see fit if I ever get any consideration for a repair or replacement.

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for the feedback. As you know we addressed this with you quite some time ago and you updated your star rating. We were happy to take care of this for you. Please enjoy your kitchen and the holidays coming up!

Sincerely, Cindy P., Customer Advocate

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

The service I receive is top-notch and I will never switch to any other. The cost was very reasonable. I got the best deal I can get anywhere and was very happy with the quote I was given. The detail they put in their work was extraordinary. I did not know they were this great. I had expectations but they blew me away. It was a great experience to have.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

When I needed assistance the customer service representative was very knowledgeable and even made suggestion as to how to resolve the issues. The cost of this tool was reasonable compared to the other ones when I did price comparison to the other products on the market. The other tools also seem more complicated to use. The attention to details was phenomenal. Very concrete and precise. The reliability of the service was outstanding, and there were never any issues or problems. I do not know about other ones but this one was outstanding.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Company was very helpful, kind, and patient. I had a lot of questions I needed to be answered and I never once felt that I was wasting any of their time or being a bother. They all wanted to help and made sure I knew what to expect. Cost was cheaper than we had originally budgeted. We had to double check reviews and multiple things to ensure it was worth the lower price. They could easily overcharge but they're not that kind of company. Attention to detail was PHENOMENAL. They didn't miss a single chip or scratch, made sure everything was straight and just all around perfect. I literally can't find anything wrong with their work. They were 100% reliable. Most companies I have to request specific people to ensure that questions are answered correctly or the same with tasks. Here I've been able to talk with anyone.

Kitchen Magic expert review by Joseph Truini

Specializing in cabinet refacing, new cabinetry, backsplashes, kitchen storage accessories, and luxury countertops, Kitchen Magic provides advice and education to consumers on their website. With its headquarters and showroom in Nazareth, Pa., the company serves eight northeastern states.

• Free in-home estimate: Estimates are free, and a professional will personally review the planned work and supervise the process.

• Free design guide: Consumers can download a free design guide from the company's website. This guide helps consumers formulate a design for their project before committing to the renovation.

• Website education: The Kitchen Magic website offers lots of advice and comparisons of options so consumers can educate themselves before contacting the company.

• Family owned: Kitchen Magic is a second generation, family-owned business. The company has received numerous awards and positive feedback for its services.

• Warranty: A Lifetime of Home Ownership Warranty is offered on all projects.

• Best for: Homeowners who prefer to deal with one knowledgeable company for their kitchen remodel.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Kitchen Magic Company Information