Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Kenmore Washers
3.82/5

Kenmore Washers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

2253 Kenmore Washers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I've had my Kenmore super duty set since my mom bought them in 1996 for me. I've used them for everything from delicate lace tablecloths to dirty grungy overalls that all came out clean and in great shape. The super duty was needed due to king size bedspread and blankets needing washed. This set has never been serviced because they've never broken down. I once replaced the foil tube that takes lint outside but that's it. Just clean it after use and it works fantastic. I've looked at others but mine are the best and wouldn't get rid of them for any new one. All the wash cycles work great. The extra large tub makes for easy washing of big items. This set was the best investment ever made and I love it. Got to run. Another load just buzzed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a lot of Sears appliances and I had extended warranties and then Sears went out of business in Colorado. There is a Sears Store in Grand Junction, but I am 200 miles from there and even though they have a Sears person who fixes their items, he won't come this far. So I am SOL. It's terribly difficult to have a repairman come to fix any Sears item, therefore I would not recommend anything by Sears.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

In over 14 years of usage of approximately 4-5 loads per week, the door latch gizmo went out twice and the control panel twice. Washer washes really well. Being the HT model must not use too much detergent. Gas dryer dries great. Overall the brand (Kenmore) is not bad. I know there are newer ones out with lots of gadgets but I'm not a fan of these. I need a few cycles to cover most typical usage and these are great for that.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We have never had a single problem with our set of Kenmores. We did not buy the top of the line more of the bottom line, no bells and whistle. The settings are easy to read and turn knobs too, I'm blind/low vision and markings are bold enough for me to see. Baskets are more than big enough to handle all of our washing loads. No extra settings to cluster the facial plates with settings we will never use. Bleach trough in the right place and easy to pour into, big enough to hold recommended amount, softener container in the middle easy to get to, softener lid can be a little hard to get off if you cut your fingernails too short. Product and price was right, have had for 5 years no service calls, bought a set for daughter.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore washing machine almost 2 years ago… I’ve had at least four service calls on it and has a clicking sound all hours of the day and night. They have been out to my house numerous times. They’ve replaced everything they say electronically the problem has gone away for about six months. Now it started again… I don’t even want to bother with them anymore so I just prop up the lid door so I don’t hear the sound in the middle of the night. Other than that it cleans fantastically. Was so much less soap and so much less water, Kenmore model number 110.25132411!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: July 3, 2019

I love my Kenmore washer and dryer. The washer offers the perfect amount of options. My clothes always come out clean. In addition, the spin cycle is awesome. I find the clothes (especially towels) take much less time in the dryer. I would highly recommend any/all Kenmore products.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Ok so this is a love-hate relationship with this machine. Great for water management but it seems either fill it completely or a small load w/ little water there is no medium or in between. If I have a large load I put it on deep fill and everything is nice and clean. Auto loads are useless unless a very small load. White setting bulky setting all seem the same. A medium load which is most of my laundry needs. Forget it. Be prepared to add water. On auto only the bottom clothes are saturated and washed and if you use a powder forget about it. It’s either full water wash or very small. There is no in between w/ this washer. Bummer.

Original review: May 30, 2019

This washer throws the drive belt at least once per month! When it does it has to be laid over and all the water ends up on the floor and a huge mess not to mention having to put the belt back on! Never buy a series 500 or any other Kenmore with this type belt drive! Kenmore was no help, they got their money.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This washer was bought because Kenmore is a trusted brand and it was affordable. It’s a top loader. Simple stains don’t come out, the agitator is very slow and doesn’t grasp all the clothes and the water doesn’t fill beyond your clothing. Wouldn’t recommend.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I purchased a stackable Kenmore 41761733. It was off balance and unusable after 3 months. It worked only off and on after having to drip dry laundry and wait 24 hours to see if machine would complete a spin cycle without being off balance again. I waited for 4 afternoons for Sears Kenmore repair person. The guy showed up only one of the four appt times and said he needed to replace the motherboard with a refurbished part but he wouldn't recommend a refurbished part. His other answer was to try to sell me a five year Sears warranty 4 times the amount of any other store, yet is was still under the 1 year manufacture warranty. The service call center are overseas and it is awful. Sears store washed their hands of it because I didn't buy an overprice Sears warranty. I finally gave up and purchased a LG new machine.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a household appliance brand that has been marketed and sold by Sears since 1927, underlining Kenmore's long time commitment to delivering quality to consumers. Kenmore washers are produced by top brands like GE, Whirlpool and LG.

• J.D. Powers' award: Kenmore has won plenty of awards for its washing machines, including "Highest in Customer Satisfaction" for its top-loading washing machine in 2014 by J.D. Powers.

• Sanitize cycle: Kenmore washers are loaded with great features, including the sanitize cycle on many of its Elite® washing machines. The Sanitize cycle helps kill 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria without using strong chemicals like bleach.

• Best Washing Machine of the Year award: Reviewed.com heaped plenty of awards on Kenmore in 2014, including the Best Value Washing Machine of the Year award for their Kenmore 4.0 cubic feet Front-Load Washer and the Best Washing Machine of the Year award for the Kenmore Elite® 5.2 cubic feet Front-Load Washer.

• Plenty of options: Kenmore offers plenty of options for customers, including top-loading washers, front-loading washers and extremely energy-efficient models.

• Best for: Savers, families, people who are energy conscious and people who want award-winning washers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs