2.69/5
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Kenmore Appliances Video
Kenmore Appliances Gallery (1)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

2125 Kenmore Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

Wife and I bought a new washer & dryer from Sears, a Kenmore Elite Quad Action and 4 weeks later I'm doing wash just pulled clothes out of washer and with lid up on my top load washer, putting detergent and the lid blow apart for no reason. Called Sears and got to wait 3 weeks to get someone out.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 8, 2018

This is the worst washer (700 washer) I’ve ever owned. Unless I use deep fill and second rinse for every load half the load comes out dry and unwashed. Also (maybe my mistake) I cannot reach the bottom of the machine without a step stool. For such a deep basin it appears that it fills about 2”. So by using the extended options I see no efficiency or economy needless to say an hour and a half per load!

Original review: April 3, 2018

We bought this Kenmore Elite Ultraclean Dishwasher 665.1278 Model for 900.00 dollars back in July of 2014. After one year of use the heating element in the door panel went out. When we called out a service repairman he told us this was one of two of the most expensive parts to replace and that these parts wear out quickly. We went ahead and paid for the repair that ended up costing us over 200.00, then decided to buy a one year warranty just in case. By the time the one year warranty was up the same door panel heating element went out along with some type of gear in the door panel. I can't believe we paid 900.00 for what was supposed to be the best of the best of Kenmore dishwashers back then only to have it break down on a yearly occurrence. I would not recommend this dishwasher. This has left such a bad taste in our mouths that we are not going to buy Kenmore in the future for ANY appliance. Period.

Original review: March 28, 2018

This is for a “600 series” washer. For some reason, I search for that, and this is what I get. My 600 series HE washer is, first of all, highly electronic. All its controls are electronic in nature, and took some getting used to. For months, I was never quite sure how to get it to do what I wanted it to do. What I had to do was a big disappointment.

HE means “high efficiency.” The washer apparently weighs what you put in it, then adds a very minimal amount of water to do the wash. The lid locks when underway, so it’s hard to see, but I have stopped it mid-cycle only to discover only about 1” of water in the tub! That was barely enough to wet, and not enough even to cover them! No wonder my clothes came out with an obvious dirty residue. So much for high efficiency!

No, in order to get my clothes clean, I have to run every cycle on “deep fill” and “double rinse,” and that means always using the “heavy duty” cycle. Like those “high efficiency,” low volume toilets which need to be flushed 4 times, what we have to do to get a wash that is cleaner than it went in eliminates any and all efficiency! This washer, if you want clean clothes, probably uses twice as much water, twice as much energy and takes twice as long as a regular, non-HE washer! If I had a choice, I would never have bought this washer (there is not much to choose from), at least not without spending 2X+ as much. I would certainly never buy one of these again.

Original review: March 9, 2018

The Kenmore Washer washes and the dryer dries. They are white in color and get the job done. They are durable and they perform very well. My parents bought Kenmore and were satisfied with them and I have always bought Kenmore and have been very happy with the performance and how long they last. I have been satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: March 8, 2018

The Kenmore washer and dryer set work very well together and does exactly what I need it to do. It washes and dries fast. I don't need specific or special detergent or any nonsense to use these for great fresh clean clothes. I like the simplicity of the washer and dryer and how it's not "smart" or connected. It's easy to use and there's no need for all the whistles and bells. I inherited the washer and the dryer with the house, but they have been excellent appliances and are at least 10-15 years old and still work great. I've only had to replace the knobs on the top of the dryer but that was about it.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Profoundly bad experience with this Kenmore Series 100. Dryer handle broke 1 week after bringing it home. Washing machine is stunningly bad. I have to wear white for my job and I have to run 3 cycles to get my clothes clean. This experience has led me to refurbish my old machines and expect to see another 20 years of AMAZING quality from my laundry machines. I will NEVER BUY KENMORE AGAIN.

Original review: March 7, 2018

It was a clothes washer and I liked that it had a large capacity, also various settings according to the clothes materials. I particularly liked the fact that when the cycle was completed it buzzed and continued to buzz every ten minutes until the door was opened. I also liked that when the cycle was on it was quiet, did not make much noise while running. The dryer supplied all the features that I needed and I was satisfied with the drying cycles. The dryer machine was included in my house purchase and I felt that the quality and ease of using the machine was good. It met my expectations. The replacement dryer that I have was a gift to me and is a GE, but if I were to purchase a new dryer I definitely would consider Kenmore.

Original review: March 6, 2018

We were looking to upgrade and I needed a washer dryer that could stack. We chose this washer dryer because we like the Kenmore brand. My husband and I looked at several brands and we thought this was the best option for our needs. It's a stackable front loader and it's also a high efficiency and I thought it would be better than my old washer. But it doesn't seem to clean smaller loads as well as I'd like and we often rewash it. Also, the front loader gets build up in the rubber around the front and cause a smell. It's difficult to clean that area too.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I like how fast it dries clothing and the overall look in my house. I got this brand on a good deal also and I would recommend it and I will always buy it because it is so good. It's a high-quality brand that I trust. I also own a washer and a fridge from the same brand.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I tried Whirlpool at one time and the spin cycle in washer was out of place and shook all over the place so I wasn't fond of Whirlpool so I chose Kenmore. The dryer is pretty fast and keeps clothes pretty warm when drying compared to some dryers where they would have clothes that would feel cold or still not dry as you took them out of the dryer. But sometimes I would have to start it up two or three times for it to be completely dry after awhile of use. It was good to start out with but as years went on it was time to replace the dryer because of this issue.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I like that it washes effectively and let me control the temperature. I really have been into laundry more and more lately so this is something that really help me. I wish I could see inside of the washer while it goes on. That would be only for looking purposes so this is something that didn't mean the most but still meant something to me and for me. But I felt it was the best for me. It had everything that I wanted and I felt that this is something I can rely on for the next 5 or so years.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Have owned Kenmore for 30 plus years. They have always been reliable. I like the front loading machines because they can extract better when they spin. This time we got the pedestals to offset the low opening on the machines. They won't install the machines now unless you order all new hoses. That is not good because they charge a lot for hoses. They did deliver when promised and moved out the old ones. All in all I hate to see Sears take a beating but Kenmore is made by Whirlpool.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I loved Kenmore because it always worked and was reliable. I had it for a long time and never had to repair much. I only had a few issues which were temporary and probably from my own wear and tear. The machine was recommended by a family member. They knew that my old washing machine had broke and decided to tell me about a sale at Best Buy. I got it about 20% off and I really got my money’s worth from this machine. It worked for a long time, but it was cheaply made and it had a lot of other problems cosmetically. It could have had stronger material or make it out of better things for large families and the wear and tear they bring.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I purchased this washer brand new from my local Sears store about 4 years ago and just now getting around to writing a review. Truth be told, I finally got fed up with having to wash my whites 2-3 times or by hand to remove stains. Not sure if it's the lack of an agitator or what but this machine has not cleaned my laundry properly since day one. Next week I will be replacing.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I needed a dryer quick since my previous one died, and I didn't want to spend a lot of time or money. This one was quite cheap and I was able to get it delivered and installed next day. It is pretty large, so I can dry my king size comforter in it. It does a good job of drying large loads and has several settings for drying (amount of time, level of dryness, etc.). However, the buzzer when it goes off is rather jarring. But, that's good when the dryer is in the garage and you couldn't hear it otherwise.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I like the sleek look with very detailed instructions and large tubs. They get clothes very clean in the washing and they dry quickly and the clothes come out soft and with very few wrinkles. They are stylish and last a very long time and are always dependable. I can always count on Kenmore to give me the results I am looking for and expect in the washers and dryers. I will continue to purchase Kenmore. Kenmore products are reliable and quiet when in use and always do the job.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This is by far the best laundry pair I've ever owned. Manufactured by Whirlpool with the Sears Kenmore label. The most reliable laundry machines made. Period. Wouldn't have anything else. My laundry pair is 10 years old, never needed repairs and I expect to last another 10 years, like my parent's Whirlpool laundry machines.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I do not like my washing machine. When it is finished washing there is one pieces of clothing that literally covers all the clothes and appears to tuck all the clothes in under it. Sometimes the piece on top is not totally wet and I wonder if it even got washed. Then I wonder if the ones under it got washed because they are so neatly tucked in. It looks like a loaf of bread waiting to rise in a bowl. I have been careful the way I load it, but it still comes out wrapped up, especially when I do sheets. The bottom sheet always wraps everything. I also have a problem with the dark load coming out with white spots. I use the All pods and have to cut the pod and put the detergent in the dispenser. And... the softener never completely empties.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

The price was reasonable and the features of the Kenmore was getting my approval. The Kenmore washer has a fast clean cycle and was very good at cleaning dirt off of my loads. It washes things to perfection without damaging my clothes. The Kenmore dryer was very fast at drying my clothes and the heat didn't destroy my soft delicates. Some dryers are too harsh with the drying process. This Kenmore dryer was an energy efficient product.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

The employee conned me into thinking it was great. However, it's really nice and relaxing to listen to it dry stuff. I like to walk around it and listen to the sounds. It's too noisy sometimes but that's okay I can live with that. Overall it's good.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I like my Kenmore washer and dryer because they are easy to use. I grew up with this brand of washer and dryers and just seeing my mom satisfied with hers I knew I wanted the same brand. You can load your clothes in there fast. The settings are easy to use anyone can do it. It is also super fast at washing and drying. It is also super quiet. But maybe Kenmore can make them smart devices. That way I can load up the washer and if I am at work I can hit a button on my phone and the washer will start.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Washer/Dryer bundle at Sears on February 18th. I was extremely excited to have my new washer/dryer delivered. It was delivered without any incident on February 20 in the evening. Following the delivery, I decided to give a test drive with a small load of casual clothes. Once the cycle ended, I moved the laundry to the dryer. The next morning, I went to get my clothes out of the dryer only to find out that the glass washer lid and shattered to pieces. The lid shattered in the middle of the night when the washer was not even in use. What a disappointment. I chose this model due to the extra large capacity (6.2 for washer and 9.2 for dryer).

I went back to Sears today and coordinated to have both, washer and dryer, picked up and will receive a full refund. Now, here I am back in the market shopping for a new set. Needless to say, I will not look at the other Kenmore products. I could have been injured as when I started my first load, I spent about 5 minutes looking through the glass lid to see inspect the functioning of the agitator. Thank goodness, no one got hurt. I should have read the reviews online BEFORE purchasing this set; there are many reviews stating the very same problem with the glass lid.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We were familiar with Kenmore and stuck with what we knew. It is a quality brand and it was on sale at the time. It has very much smart and exceeded our expectations. We like that it is push buttons and not a huge dial. There are many different cycle types which makes it very simple to do different loads. When the clothes come out they are not as wet due to a good spin cycle. We also like the glass top so we can see the clothes get washed.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This Kenmore appliance exceeded our overall expectations. It was extremely durable and lasted a very long time. We choose this brand of appliance because of the look and we got a very good price on it at Lowe's. It was easy to use, the features were simple and straightforward it did not take us very long to figure it out. We liked everything about it. However, it would of been nice to have a little more technology in it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

At first all of my dark clothes were coming out from the washing machine series 600 with white marks on them. I have to do a bulky load. Tried 2 rinses still had all these white marks on my dark clothes. I didn't even want to wash new clothes cause they came out dingy looking. Now the new thing I have noticed are my husband's flannel shirts. They are coming out shredded on the bottom and they were new. My nightgowns look like they are see through and have holes in them. My last Kenmore dryer lasted 15 years. This one I want to get rid of but it matches my dryer and I spent a lot of money on it. I dread washing clothes. Definitely will not buy another Kenmore appliance. I now know why they are going out of business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Kenmore definitely was a great brand, worked well, the controls and features were outstanding and the durability of Kenmore products was once again top notch, simple features but more durable than the rest. It is the best money product out there in this class and household appliances are their specialty. My last Kenmore played out and I went with a different brand but they definitely outlast the competition.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

We've had our Kenmore electric washer (top-loader) and dryer for approx. 15 years and have had excellent results with both, having had to have the dryer repaired once and the washer twice; none of the service calls were expensive or life-threatening for the appliances. We use them about 5 times a week and are so satisfied we recently purchased new ones to go in a new laundry room. This time to save money we got a front-loading washer and gas dryer. The old pair, still working perfectly, we gifted to a grandchild.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

The Kenmore washer was highlighted by the store and had a wonderful rebate incentive and reviews on them. Said it was one of the best on the market. The washer and dryer work extremely effective by drying my washables very fast and very dry and by saving power and being energy friendly. It is very durable and has endured a lot of usage by my family and me. It could be a bit more energy friendly and energy-efficient by saving me money on my power bill and saving energy being eco-saver/friendly. The filter system could be a bit stronger as well.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I like the ease of turning the washer on to clean my clothing. I like how it has the cleaning functions and how I am able to do a light and deep clean. I also like how the clothes maintain a stronger freshness when using this washer. It is highly effective and works to perfection. I just wish they came in more colors and had more variety. I like all the features this dryer has, especially the extra spin cycle feature. I would recommend noise reduction however, as this dryer is very loud. I loved the Kenmore brand. I have always been a fan of Kenmore washers and dryers and I have many other Kenmore products that work extremely well and that are extremely effective in getting the job done in terms of cleaning my clothing so I purposely chose the Kenmore brand because it had the best design and fit. The Kenmore washer has surpassed my expectations and is a brand that I love tremendously and dearly.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a household appliance brand that has been marketed and sold by Sears since 1927, underlining Kenmore's long time commitment to delivering quality to consumers. Kenmore washers are produced by top brands like GE, Whirlpool and LG.

• J.D. Powers' award: Kenmore has won plenty of awards for its washing machines, including "Highest in Customer Satisfaction" for its top-loading washing machine in 2014 by J.D. Powers.

• Sanitize cycle: Kenmore washers are loaded with great features, including the sanitize cycle on many of its Elite® washing machines. The Sanitize cycle helps kill 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria without using strong chemicals like bleach.

• Best Washing Machine of the Year award: Reviewed.com heaped plenty of awards on Kenmore in 2014, including the Best Value Washing Machine of the Year award for their Kenmore 4.0 cubic feet Front-Load Washer and the Best Washing Machine of the Year award for the Kenmore Elite® 5.2 cubic feet Front-Load Washer.

• Plenty of options: Kenmore offers plenty of options for customers, including top-loading washers, front-loading washers and extremely energy-efficient models.

• Best for: Savers, families, people who are energy conscious and people who want award-winning washers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs