Kenmore Washers

Kenmore Washers

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Economic on water use and energy efficient, quick, stable, cleans well with good array of different cycles, easy to use, load and unload. Ergonomic design fits well with normal counter heights. Durable with ability to handle recurring and high-frequency heavy loads. No maintenance or repair issues since owned. Reliable timer devices and release of additive like fabric softener. Clean lines and ergonomic design, with color choices, that integrate with laundry room design. Dials and doors are placed in convenient locations and add to look of appliance. Price was higher than some competitors model of similar in function and level in line. Cost higher than lower line machines. Reliability and durability balances cost for a good value for cost.

The washer cycles are fast and very efficient and it is very easy to learn and use. Also the capacity is very large so can do larger loads and get laundry done in a more timely manner. Never had a problem with the washer or its components. And it always got the laundry done in a timely manner while still making all the clothing clean and fresh. Very appealing and fit nicely next to the dryer. Didn't take up to much room in the area we had them set up and got a lot of compliments on how they looked. Very good value for the washer. They do cost a bit more than others but for the quality of the washer it is well worth the price. I didn't mind paying a little extra once seen how it performs.

It is an absolutely amazing dryer! It gets the job done in the first go and I haven't had any problems out of it at all. Plus it's so spacious!! Kenmore is a great It is an absolutely amazing dryer! It gets the job done in the first go and I haven't had any problems out of it at all. Plus it's so spacious!! Kenmore is a great product and I see them still being around for many many more years to come. It is extremely reliable. Never had any problems out of it at all. It thoroughly dries whatever I put in there. No probems. It's very stylish. Very modern. Sleek and goes well with just about anything. It's almost like that perfect black dress. Just looks perfect and fits so very nice. That's what Kenmore is to me. I believe this dryer is a great value. Well any Kenmore product is honestly an exceptional value. Their products can last a lifetime if you keep them up! So I think spending a few hundred or thousand for a lifetime product is a hell of a value.

This washer/dryer set has operated without a repair for 18 years; it washes heavy and light loads satisfactorily. Routine maintenance such as cleaning the dryer filter is important to keeping it functioning at maximum efficiency!

I have owned many sets of washers and dryers but this set happens to be the best. I can wash and dry extra large loads like a comforter or 15 pairs of jeans or I can wash very small loads of gentles and not hurt my delicates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

This Kenmore pair are now made by LG. They are horrible. They open and close the water inlet rapidly like a bang, bang, bang. They have ruined the plumbing pipes. This is not only my washer, but my brother's, too. After only 3 years, the gears squeak and the motor whines. They were very expensive, but when we move into our new home next month, we will leave them behind and just let the new owners have them.

First experience at the newest kind of front load washer. Couldn't believe it was so quiet. However, it took me a while to accept the fact that I saw no water or sloshing in the window of the machine. Somehow it gets the clothes clean but it is still magic as to how.

We just purchased an Electrolux washer and dryer but it hasn't arrived yet. Our other set is a Kenmore front loader, which is okay but the rubber seal went out. So unless we wanted to pay $450.00 for the repair cost for a rubber seal, it made more sense to purchase a new set. The quality was poor in the Kenmore. I'm looking forward to the new set!

My washer is the second one I have bought. The dryer is still my first. I had bought it about 15 years ago. It is a propane dryer. Works well except the knobs have deteriorated and I now have to use a pair of pliers to operate the appliance. Back to the washer, it is a front loader. I love it. I have had it for about 3 years.

The Kenmore washer was ok. It could have been better. Maybe I need a bigger washer. I feel that maybe the washer and dryers you all make could be a little smaller for us short people cause the tube is deep that we can't reach all the clothes at the bottom of washer.

I love the steam freshen up option available with my Kenmore Elite dryer. The only downside to this dryer and every dryer I have ever owned is being able to clean the lint area. The mesh basket is easy enough to clean but the area below is impossible to completely clean.

I bought a Sears Kenmore Elite washing machine (model #110.27087604) in 2008. In 2009, it leaked water down through the ceiling. Paid $200 for that repair which should have been covered under warranty as a defect. Over the last month or so the wash cycles have been interrupted with "F1" failure...5-6-7 times during each wash load. The technician told me today to repair this problem is $831! He added, "You're going to need/want to buy a new machine". A top quality, top dollar Sears Kenmore Elite should not need to be replaced after 8 years of normal household use with 2 people! POOR quality and I have no doubt that this defect in quality is not isolated to just me.

I will not buy anything from Sears EVER again. And will make certain that my family, friends through social media hear of my bad experience. Spiteful? Maybe so. But this is a classic case of a defective product that should be covered by a company that claims to offer top level products & service. There are plenty of other options to buy appliances. Never Sears again for anything.

I have owned and used my Kenmore washer dryer made by Whirlpool since I purchased it new in 2007. These are the front load units and came in pretty colors. Mine is blue. The dryer is gas. I have had zero problems and zero complaints. They are still going strong 10 years later and have provided us, a young family of 4, with dependable service. I would buy another Kenmore/Whirlpool in a heartbeat. Too bad I can't buy more 2007 models in new condition. Knock on wood for another 10 years of dependable service. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

We purchased a Kenmore Washer & Dryer set after our very old washer broke down last week. After finding a decent deal at Sears we made the jump and couldn't be happier. They both started up and worked just fine through the first 4 loads we have done. Very quiet and quick to get the job done! Will update a couple months down the way to confirm things are still working well.

Bought a dryer from Sears, it didn't work. After much haggling with rude sales person & his manager in Victoria BC they sent another. That one didn't work either! Had to speak with someone in Philippines to get it picked up & receive credit to my VISA. Never shop there again... This is why they are going out of business.

It is a Kenmore Elite style. Washes worse than a cheap hotel device. Leaves junk on clothes and squeezes the clothes to the point of permanent wrinkles. Other Kenmore have been fine. Not sure what is wrong with this one. It has happened since day one. Called store and no resolution.

I own the unit that is the washer and the dryer stacked on top (It is all one piece). The washer becomes unbalanced frequently and shakes the whole room. I have to stop it and move the clothing around until I get it balanced. The clothes come out of the dryer very wrinkled. I have tried all different settings, fabric softener and things that you can put in the dryer; but the clothes are still very wrinkled and have to be ironed. I wish I had not bought this appliance.

After 27 years I needed to buy a new washer and there were only ones without agitators so that is what we bought. Worst decision ever. There is no soak cycle; clothes often end up under one item like a parachute without getting clean or rinsed and causing another wash cycle. Absolutely dislike this washer.

We purchased a complete set of SEARS ELITE Kenmore frontload washer & dryer, plus drawers that go under each machine & last thing was metal cap/shelf that goes on top/across machines to keep items from behind or between machine gap is great for folding station. This is a wonderful set. It has all the bells & whistles I could ask for on both washer/dryer. Washer has a huge stainless steel drum that is great for doing large or very small loads. It save water & detergent. Dryer has capability of doing those large load or very small, it can do time set or automatic dryer. We use the TOUCH UP option when we miss taking a completed load out of dryer immediately & fold or hang. This complete system is wonderful. We have had this set since 2008 with no problem. I would definitely recommend this set to anyone.

Had trouble with machine since day one. Had several parts replaced, worked better, but coins fall through the bottom of tub to motor. I always check for coins and stuff in pockets, but sometimes miss them. I've had Kenmore machines for the last 30 years and this is the first one the coins fall in the motor. I used to find them in the bottom of the machine tub with no harm to machine. Very poor design, but they won't cop to it. Thank God I have a contract on the piece of junk.

We bought this during a president's day sale and I've love my Kenmore front loader washer. It has not needed any repairs but with my extended warranty the service man came to check out everything for free. It's perfect!

Colored clothes come out streaked with white marks even when I do a second rinse. Am currently rewashing a load without detergent in the hopes of dissolving these marks. I am extremely dissatisfied with this washer (Kenmore washer Series 600).

Haven't had any problems thus far. I maintained my washer and dryer. Clean it out by removing the dryer lint hose at least 2x a year. Washer - I clean that out also... What it boils down to is maintain it. You shouldn't have any problems.

Sears (Whirlpool) washer model 110 261 132411 - I purchased this washer in Oct 2016. I went back to the store to complain about the noise when the washer is filling with warm water. The washer bangs the hot and cold pipes off and on over 20 times to get warm water??? The noise is ridiculous and is annoying not only to me but to my townhouse neighbor. I have checked the pipes and they are secure to the boards. I had a service person check things out and he said they could do nothing and it was my problem. I have never had such a problem with a washer. I have always liked Kenmore products but after this I will go to Samsung.

The deliverymen/installers didn't know how to vent the dryer with equipment I was required to purchase. My son actually vented the dryer with equipment I had on hand. To be fair, when I complained, they offered to buy back the equipment from me.

Kenmore front load washer mcl 417-42042100 - This washer is less than 10 years old and I have had to replace the rear tub section twice because the bearing and seal went out. A $177 part just because a $8 bearing and seal went out, the bearing is not sold separately. The last time I replaced this part, the rear tube section, was about 3 months ago. A short time after I put the new rear tube section along with new shock absorbers it started making loud noises (banging) and vibrating very bad. When I took it apart I discovered that two of the legs of the drum support assembly had broken which also caused the front tub to be broken. The drum support assembly is not listed separately on the parts sheet. It is part of the drum cost $313 and the front tub section is $171.

The rear section is about $177 and I have replaced it twice and the shock absorbers once at $57. So the scrap man got the washer and I got a new one, this time a top load. I wouldn't buy a front load washer again. As best I can tell they are all of similar design. Kenmore doesn't make anything. They have someone else make them and put the Kenmore logo on them. Not sure but this washer might be made by Samsung for Kenmore. I would not recommend buying this washer or any front load washer.

I purchased a Kenmore laundry center last year. Quality was clearly not good but I felt OK about the price. After 13 months, 1 month after the warranty expired, the units control board failed locking my laundry in the washer and remaining in a permanent agitate cycle which was incredibly agitating. Estimated repair cost exceeded $600. I learned my lesson about buying cheap crap: you get what you pay for. I am junking the Kenmore and going for a quality unit like Bosch.

We purchased this in April 2016. We used it about 5 times before troubles began. The machine would stop mid cycle, would not drain. Unless I stood there and watched it, there was no telling when it had stopped. A Sears repairman came out to fix it. He did a reset on it, suggested I unplug it after every wash in case a power outage happened, and told me he would definitely be back for future repairs.

Now it is January 2017. We use the machine for maybe three washes a week, since it's a second home. The washer stops mid cycle. Doesn't drain. The sensor clicks on and off. It's super fun. I start it, optimistically, on a normal cycle. I hear it stop working, find it full of water. I do a drain/spin. Seems logical - it's full of water! It doesn't usually work. I unplug/restart again, do a rinse/spin. Works! But my clothes haven't been washed. Unplug/restart express wash a few times. Tonight I actually handwashes my kids clothes. Thank god the dryer works every time. I don't think we will even waste the $75 on the repairman. Never again, Kenmore. Hard to believe this machine hasn't been recalled.

Kenmore HE no agitator washer. I have called a few times to complain on the wash it does. Sometimes I need to put thru another rinse and spin. Some of my colored clothes come out with white streak, sometimes my whites feel very gritty and my clothes feel like they are not really washed and clean. Hate this machine. I will either seek and buy a new one or suffer with it.

I trusted Kenmore appliances until my recent purchase. I bought a high end washer and dryer, including service plan. Washer has been a pain from the start, five service calls later and still not fixed. The repairman today said he couldn't do anything about it and told my husband to deal with it!! SHODDY JUNK product, terrible customer service. STAY AWAY!

Kenmore Washers Company Profile