Kenmore Washers

Kenmore Washers

3.7/5 (78 ratings)

About Kenmore Washers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Kenmore Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Washers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

My Kenmore Elite top loading washer does not adequately submerge my clothes, especially comforters in the bulky/bedding setting with water. Nor does it agitate and move the clothes around to wash them. The drum simply goes back-and-forth so the same clothes that were on the top at the beginning of the cycle are still on the top at the end of the cycle. Bulky items never change position at all. Furthermore, I do not use bleach, but the bleach container has eroded and rusted all around it. I am not satisfied with how this washes my clothes.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I have been a Kenmore user since I started buying appliances. I have never been disappointed, and so I keep coming back. This low efficiency washer is awful. Hardly adds any water at all; its "washboard" does its best to destroy and rip up your clothes (I have pictures if anyone doubts me); this cycle is so long that you cannot do more that one load of washing in one night. Laundry used to be fun for me. And BTW, clothes are still not clean.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

My washer, a Kenmore top-loading washer, model 2002 was purchased brand new from Sears. It is exactly 9 years old. It still washes, but for about 3 years now, it ALWAYS gets out of balance! The ONLY time it doesn't bang around out of balance is the very rare occasion I wash an extra small load. I am one person and wash 1 medium load about once a week. Sometimes a sort of large load,

This washer has never been heavily used in any way. But, no matter how carefully I arrange the laundry in the washer when it gets to the spin cycle it sounds like someone is banging around inside it with a sledgehammer. The machine usually moves out of place it bangs so hard. There is no way to balance a load in this machine! Also - I HATE the 'safety' lid lock button that makes me wait forever to be able to open the lid and try to re-arrange the load so it will not bang - but half the time - I can't really see why it's out of balance and rearranging often still doesn't work ANYWAY.

This was the least expensive washer they had - but I urge you - DON'T buy it or buy any they have similar to the 2002 model. My mom had a Kenmore that lasted over 35 years. Boy, the old saying 'they don't make 'em like that anymore' is an understatement. I'm of the opinion a $300+ washer that gets medium use should last AT LEAST 15 years BEFORE it presents problems. This one started this problem at 6 years old. Also - I hope my next washer does NOT have a 'safety' lid lock. It is an entirely unnecessary issue that presents way too many problems!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Washer Works great, large capacity, quiet. Excellent for all fabrics. Dryer large capacity great variety of settings for both. Does excellent job on large and small loads. Washer is toploading can easily pause to add clothes. Dryer front loader with the same capability.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Kenmore has always been a top brand when it comes to washer and dryers. Every home that I have had I made sure that Kenmore was installed. They are big enough on the inside and yet still compact to fit in any space.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Had this basic washer and dryer almost 30 yrs, have done many things that should not be done to a machine, overloading, washing everything in the house more times than I can count, and they just keep on working.... My mechanical engineer father told me, "the less things there are to go wrong, the less they will go wrong." I don't want some fancy annoying beeping machine, all it really needs to do is wash and dry. Wish more manufacturers made reliable products that last at least a generation!

Original review: July 12, 2021

I bought this Kenmore high efficiency washer 4 years ago, in 2017. I noticed clothes did not get as clean as with my old washer (which took 15 years before replacement was needed). There were other conveniences that were missing; for example, there was no way just to "spin" wet clothes, as there were with other washers. The washer needed frequent attention to adjust off balance loads. Finally, 2 months ago (May 2021), the washer refused to turn on. A service technician came 6/10 and said we needed a new board, which he ordered. The part has been on backorder since then. My only communication with Sears/Kenmore is when I call them. Their customer service reps politely tell me that the part is still on backorder, and they will "escalate" my request. I still have no working washer, and a service agreement which is not being honored. My advice is to consider another brand of washer.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Purchased this POS only 15 months ago. Now the washer is rusted out and different parts are worn from the use. How often do you use a washer?? There is no reason that this 700 series Kenmore washer should be worn out this early. I hope this company goes out of business.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I purchased a Kenmore Elite washer. The worst $900.00 ever spent. This product is bad. The service folks couldn’t ever fix it. The parts were bad. They used up my extended warranty and never fixed it. Motherboard fried and its cost to repair you might as well buy a new one just not Kenmore. Very disappointed. Long time Sears customer.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Bought the big Kenmore Elite Washer High Capacity Topload machine with impeller. Sears installed it. Always having issues with the load balance. Wish I could return for a front load. Poorly designed tub...

Kenmore Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kenmore is a household appliance brand that has been marketed and sold by Sears since 1927, underlining Kenmore's long time commitment to delivering quality to consumers. Kenmore washers are produced by popular brands like GE, Whirlpool and LG.

• J.D. Powers' award: Kenmore has won plenty of awards for its washing machines, including "Highest in Customer Satisfaction" for its top-loading washing machine in 2014 by J.D. Powers.

• Sanitize cycle: Kenmore washers are loaded with great features, including the sanitize cycle on many of its Elite® washing machines. The Sanitize cycle helps kill 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria without using strong chemicals like bleach.

• Best Washing Machine of the Year award: Reviewed.com heaped plenty of awards on Kenmore in 2014, including the Best Value Washing Machine of the Year award for their Kenmore 4.0 cubic feet Front-Load Washer and the Best Washing Machine of the Year award for the Kenmore Elite® 5.2 cubic feet Front-Load Washer.

• Plenty of options: Kenmore offers plenty of options for customers, including top-loading washers, front-loading washers and extremely energy-efficient models.

Kenmore Washers Company Information