3.59/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Kenmore Appliances Video
Kenmore Appliances Gallery (1)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

2077 Kenmore Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have paid for the 700 series washer and dryer set. In a four-month time frame, had the Sears warranty people come look at the washer twice because the clothes literally are not coming clean. It is supposed to be a high efficiency washer yet I am having to rinse my dark clothes in hot water, on a deep fill, and rinsing FOUR times. I am no longer saving any money having a high efficiency washer and even after FOUR rinses my clothes are dirty. The Sears warranty guy says that it is the actual washer, the clothes do not come clean and I should have got a front-loader which nobody told me. I am loading the clothes correctly, I am using the correct soap, I am separating my clothes, and I just get dirty clothes out.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I purchase this washer at a Sears store closing sale. Have had it in the box in a climate controlled storage for a little more than a year, never opened, never used. Yesterday we opened it and hooked it up...this thing sounds like a freight train is coming through my house! Kenmore is no help, "will send someone out to diagnose the problem, but will have to charge a diagnostic fee because warranty has expired". Buyer beware...do not buy a Kenmore model 110.25132411! Anyone want a washer that has had exactly one load of clothes washed in it? I have one cheap!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had Kenmore brand washers and dryers for a combined 20 plus years. I have never been disappointed in them. They last a long time. I have had to have the most recent units serviced once when new and they were prompt and had it repaired quickly. One thing to remember is these units are not zero maintenance though. They need to be kept clean.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Kenmore Series 500 Wash Machine: Bought this machine over a year ago after my old Kenmore wash machine died. In summary: It's A LEMON. Does not put in enough water to cover clothes, no matter what setting I use and I have had nothing but trouble with it. I've had the repair service come out 3 times now and Sears will still not put in a new sensor even though the express setting doesn't work at all and the lid stays in lock mode from time to time. **I HAVE TO ADD WATER WITH A HOSE RUNNING FROM MY GARAGE SINK TO GET ENOUGH WATER INTO THE MACHINE TO PROPERLY WASH MY CLOTHES**. I figured this out when I first got the machine and my clothes smelled like I had just pulled them out of a dirty hamper after running them through the wash and dry. Advice? Save your money, do your research and buy and better machine.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Upon installation by the delivery crew this dryer (Kenmore 67132 Electric) gave them a PF error message and would not start. They replaced the power cord and said it was fine. Ten minutes after they left it failed to start again and gave us the PF error. Sears replaced the dryer with a new one and after a few weeks it started giving us the PF error again leaving us with an unusable dryer. We also ordered the Kenmore washer 26132 4.8 cu. ft top loader and were dissatisfied with that as well. It look a very long time for a cycle to complete and most times our clothes ended up still dirty, still stinky, some areas were not even wet and some clothes had a white residue on them. Both appliances were returned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased this washer based on Consumer Reports and other recommendations. I have had nothing but problems with this washer. Been a little over a year since new and had Sears techs out 3 times. Water leaks out of the overflow valve on the back and floods the floor. Tech says to use low suds detergent which I do. We cannot wash more than 4 towels at a time. Must use a minimal amount of detergent. Can hardly use any detergent when washing sheets and blankets as it goes out the overflow valve onto the floor. Sears tech says it's the way the machine is made. I'm ready to dump this washer and get something else which is a shame as I have all Kenmore appliances and have always bought Kenmore for the past 40 years. Sears needs to do something about the design of this washer.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Kenmore 41761723510 - This machine is the most unreliable machine I have ever witnessed, locks the clothes in, can't get them out. You can never know what cycle it is in... if any. Clothes stink. Just keep pushing the button and hope something happens? Now agitates for about 10 seconds shuts down... that's all cross fingers. Maybe get lucky. I will never get another Kenmore in my life. My last one was the same basic model, 15 years no problem... What on earth are these making these days and please tell me there is a class action suit on these pieces of garbage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Kenmore Oasis Elite washing machine - F1 error message led me to do research online. After phone calls to Sears, I had to do my own homework. Found that there was a recall notification for serial# in range of CT01 thru CT49 which mine is. Model is 110 27092600. After many phone calls etc they said yes it is recalled due to the common F1 error message but that I have to pay for the repairs... WHAT!? Their product fails and so many of these washing machines failed that they had to do a recall but we the consumers have to pay for it? Never ever will I shop with Sears nor will I buy a Kenmore product even though I am in need of a new dryer, microwave/wall oven combo, and dishwasher.... oh and now a new washing machine or repair!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We purchased a brand new Kenmore top load washer (600 series). My T-shirts came out of the wash smelling exactly like they did before the wash. Next, I noticed dry spots on a majority of the clothes. That's right, dry spots. As in, the clothes did not get wet. Experimented with the deep fill option with double rinse. Still dry spots. I've never had a washer that did not wash clothes. Do not buy this washer!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have had this Kenmore washing machine for one year. It is now leaving residue on my clothes. When I called Sears for warranty service they refused to service the machine saying that, "The machine works fine. You just need to wash ALL your clothes in hot water." When I explained to the representative that it has been working fine on cold until recently he said that it is not their problem and there is nothing they can do or rather will do.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have this Kenmore 500 Series washing machine. I wash tons of clothes all the time. I've even switch to washing small loads. My clothes are never clean. They come out, they smell bad, the towels stink all the time because they can't agitate and wash. The water just runs through them and comes back out. It doesn't move the clothes and no there's nothing wrong with my washing machine. It's not broken. It just sucks. Don't buy this product. I think you guys should recall these washing machines.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have always had Kenmore appliances. I like their performance, service, delivery & removal of old appliances. I would definitely recommend Kenmore appliances.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The washer and dryer were priced well. I have saved money on water bills and electric. They work efficiently. I trust the Kenmore brand over the competition.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Before I bought these Kenmore Elite Front Loaders, I had the Maytag Neptune's. Best washer & dryer I've ever owned. Now with these Kenmore's, quite a different story. No matter the type of products you use, your clothes still come out looking dingy & dirty.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have a Kenmore washer, HE3 and a Kenmore dryer, HE4 and both are front loaders. I love the front loaders. The machines are quiet for their age, both are over 10 years old. They have been serviced for minor things and I have recently ordered a new dispenser for the liquid soap, fabric softener, etc. Ordering the parts has been very easy. I bought these machines at the "scratch and dent" Sears store and have never looked back. The time it takes to dry my clothes alone saves me time and money. I will purchase another pair just like these when it is time to replace them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Kenmore 600 series washer - The worst washer I have ever owned, does not get things clean, they smell, they are still dirty, it should be recalled. I will not buy Kenmore ever again. I feel that I was taken advantage of by the sales staff. Sears should be ashamed and should offer a refund on this product.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I bought a Kenmore washer and dryer. They were brand new. I've had them since May 2014. I really like the performance of each machine. The washer has a cycle on it that allows you to rinse and spin. Comes in handy when you forget the Downy. I have had two different sets of washer and dryers. The first one was a Whirlpool. My second set is Kenmore. Out of the two, I'm very happy with my Kenmore.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Sensors decide amounts of water and lots of settings even for delicate things like comforters. Dryer and washing machine are very quiet. Both are energy efficient.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased the Kenmore Automatic Washer model 796.3162#31# in 2016, and I had to have it replaced within 3 weeks of delivery. The water would not drain out of the machine. The machine I now have rips my husband's t-shirts. I have pictures to prove their destruction. I have had 2 different servicemen come out and it still occurs. What I have just discovered is there is a tiny barely noticeable metal wire that sets up and the clothes are getting caught on that wire. All of that money was spent on a washer that destroys my husband's shirts. I hope they are able to fix this issue.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Kenmore Series 600 - I should have returned the machine after the first day of using it, but now I am stuck it with. It is the worst washing machine I've ever owned. I feel like sending a bill to Kenmore for all the clothes this thing has ruined. It does not wash clothes. It sprinkles water on them and takes over an hour for one load to finish. No matter what setting I put it on, it does not get the clothes wet at all. My clothes now stink, my sheets are filthy, and everything is wrinkled. I am going to take this thing to the dump and go back to the laundromat.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Kenmore Laundry Center Model 417-61712510: Purchased this lemon last year with extended warranty. It has worked less than it has not worked and I've had numerous technicians sent out and paid for an electrician to verify it is not my electrical. The machine starts and stops and locks my clothes inside in water and detergent. No amount of resetting breakers can get it to work, but I sense there is an internal reset because whenever the tech comes out he opens the metal flap to gain access and does something and then resets the breakers and it works again. It may work for one wash and then acts up and stops again. It will beep within 5 minutes of starting unit.

This has been going on since 12/2016, approximately six months after purchase to this date of 8/4/2017. So here I am waiting two weeks for a repairman to come and unlock it while my clothes are in the machine. This has been a nightmare. The amount of service calls has been mind blowing. Always an explanation why it cannot be replaced... read your fine print. I've spent more time this year doing my laundry at a laundromat than at home. This unit was purchased May 26, 2016 with extended warranty. Hope no one else will purchase this unit.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Kenmore Washer 80 Series - Horrible, horrible washing machine. Tears up all my clothes. Everything gets caught in the bottom of the agitator. I have holes in my clothes, holes in my towels, and holes in my sheets. I basically can't agitate anything and instead just soak the stains out and spin it dry. There should have been a recall on this machine. I have lost a lot of money in clothing and linen items that this machine has ruined.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Sears was having a "no interest" promo on appliances & I desperately needed a new washer. Salesman talked me into the Series 500 (Model 25132) claiming it was the best & extremely energy efficient. Since my purchaser, my clothes always come out with soap stains, tangled in 1 huge heap and not to mention, still dirty. I only use recommended detergent, in recommended doses, load as instructed in the manual... But same story every time. After dealing with this for about a year, I've learned to automatically redistribute after every wash, then wash again and then re-rinse EVERY SINGLE LOAD. And I guess it's energy efficient because it uses NO WATER. It merely dampens the clothes. And there is no option to add water.

I have never written a complaint about any product I have ever purchased but this truly is a horrible product & I regret buying it every time I do laundry. And to top it off, the salesman at Sears, after saying that this machine was eligible for no interest (as it was ONE DOLLAR less than their minimum), casually told me - after he processed the transaction - that it was not. I asked to please check with a manager, who he called, and the manager, without even allowing me to speak, dismissed me & my purchase and walked away. Never. Again. I realize there is nothing that can be done at this point - I just thought this might help someone else avoid this disaster of a product.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Kenmore 600s series from Sears - This washer was highly recommended by be salesman. We paid more than we wanted but wanted a good quality washer. I regret ever buying this washer. We are a household of 7 and it is frustrating that the clothes do not even get wet when they are being washed and nothing ever smells clean. Please do your research before investing good money and not getting what you pay for.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Kenmore Connect Front Load Washer: We purchased this washer 2 years ago and it absolutely is the worst purchase we have ever made. Sears should be embarrassed by this product - no wonder why they are headed for chapter 11. The clothes never come out clean and always smell moldy. There is a water drain that always need draining and the seal always requires cleaning to maintain a load that is acceptable. They should reach out to all past buyers and offer a trade in for something that actually works.

Original review: July 12, 2017

This washer is awful. Clothes don't smell clean and still have dirt on them no matter what detergent I use. Dryer gets my clothes and bedding dirty from the lint collector which does an awful job. I wouldn't recommend high heat with all the lint that gets past the screen. Horrible design... it's a shame these companies can't make their products like they used to. More expensive and less reliable.

Original review: June 28, 2017

You could probably get your clothes cleaner by taking to the creek to wash them. It is the worst machine. Can't even clean handkerchief with bleach and Tide. Take it out still stuck together. Someone told the corporate morons this cleans better hardly uses any water. I have been watching the cleaning action. Terrible. I will keep this for a year then will buy another brand. Dryer isn't much better. Take new pants off hanger put in to try to get creases out and when it is done you have to iron because it came out so wrinkled like you slept in them. Terrible product.

Original review: June 26, 2017

Bought a Kenmore Sears 600 series. Awful machine. Uses 4 inches of water even with deep fill. It snags clothes and/or makes holes in the clothes even my shag throw rugs. I have small holes in New dish towels, snags in the towels and wash cloths, snags and holes in knit tops. The only way you can get more water into the tub is use the bulky/bedding and that takes 1 hour and 30 minutes. Had the repairman out 3 times. One said, "You have to fill the washer. Can't do small loads." 2 pair coveralls and 1 pair of mens jeans isn't enough. Then that's the way it should be sold!!! Use only full loads!!! My daughter has the same washer. Same thing for her. Snags and holes. It took a while to figure out where the damage was coming from. One more repairman coming today. He's wasting his time and mine. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have a three-year-old Kenmore Samsung Top Load washer that I bought from Sears. Six months ago it started making grinding noises. I called in a repairman only to find out that they do not repair these as they are on a recall. I went through their recall process and it has been ongoing since February 15, 2017. I was assigned a repair company and given a phone number. I called them and was told that they do not service my location. I contacted Samsung again and they gave me a new repair company after a number of calls and weeks transpired. The new company also did not service my location. In the meantime my washer is getting louder and washing less effectively. I gave Samsung the appliance service that Sears uses and the phone number to contact. I phone this service myself and he indicated that he does the recall repairs for Samsung on these washers.

For the last two months I have been contacting Samsung to get them to assign my washer to this service center that they use and it is still not assigned! I have sold my house and must be out in 5 days so I had to buy a new washer and thought I would get the rebate. After reviewing the rebate process, I decided that this company can keep the minute $275 offered. I will never purchase a Samsung anything as long as I can help it. They did not contact me once during the whole process. I had to keep phoning to get updates and new information. The rebate does not compensate enough as it is only 1/3 of a new washer. I thought Kenmore was a great product and had no idea that it was made by Samsung until I started having problems. I guess the days of having a washer for 20 plus years are gone and consumers have to put up with second rate crap that is very expensive and ends up filling up the country's garbage dumps.

Original review: June 4, 2017

I am writing so that Kenmore 600 Series washer is taken off the market. I paid a lot of money for this machine and it is awful. Doesn't get the clothes clean. Sometimes the clothes come out with dry spots. How can the clothes get clean if they are not in water. I have owned Kenmore washers and dryers even appliances over the last 45 years and have never had any trouble. Or my laundry come out dirty. I moved and sold my old washer and dryer. I kick myself everyday for not bringing it with me but I had it for 15 years and thought it wouldn't make the trip. Why would you change your washing machine to the piece of crap I am stuck with until I can afford a new machine. Which I will research before I buy. Shame on you Kenmore.

Kenmore Washers Company Information