Call toll free
3.08/5
Based on 213 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Kenmore Appliances Video
Kenmore Appliances Gallery (1)
B-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 24, 2018

2094 Kenmore Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

At first all of my dark clothes were coming out from the washing machine series 600 with white marks on them. I have to do a bulky load. Tried 2 rinses still had all these white marks on my dark clothes. I didn't even want to wash new clothes cause they came out dingy looking. Now the new thing I have noticed are my husband's flannel shirts. They are coming out shredded on the bottom and they were new. My nightgowns look like they are see through and have holes in them. My last Kenmore dryer lasted 15 years. This one I want to get rid of but it matches my dryer and I spent a lot of money on it. I dread washing clothes. Definitely will not buy another Kenmore appliance. I now know why they are going out of business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We purchased this set (Washer Model #417.41122410 & Dryer Model #417.81122310) from Sears only about 3.5 years ago. I'm not going to fault Sears for these, but the models themselves. Only after a year did the seals from the washer and dryer start failing. Everytime I wash, door slightly pops open and water leaks down the front. The dryer door pop open periodically after cycle starts. I don't fully load either of these machines and this still happens. The dryer interior light keeps going out. I've replaced it twice already and it's out again currently. It's not very easy to get in there to replace as well. We had a basic Kenmore top loader washer and matching dryer set for 12 years in our old house, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were still working! So disappointed, especially since these are our first front loading machines we've used. I will make sure I read all reviews before our next washer/dryer set.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I am reviewing the Kenmore top loader High Efficiency 600S Series washer. The washer is terrible. It leaves a film of soap scum on all of my clothes. You can see it most on dark items, but it is there on all laundry. I have tried many variations of trouble-shooting. Nothing works. I have tried calling customer service multiple times, and the only thing they have done for me is to tell me is to use HE (high efficiency) detergent, which of course I am doing. I literally have to wash all of my clothes 3 times (the 2nd and 3rd time with no detergent) to get them clean. So, ultimately I have a useless, very inefficient washer. DO NOT PURCHASE this model. And given the poor customer service, I would not recommend Kenmore/Sears in general. Prior to this I was a fan of Sears products.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

After washing my dark clothing (no towels or other fuzzy items) they continue to be left with lint, soap or some other residue. Upon instructions from an authorized Kenmore repairman I was told to cut my detergent down to 1 Tsp (small) to 1 Tbl (large). My loads are of medium size but I still only used ONE TEASPOON of HE detergent. No change. Still showing signs of lint/soap on my dark clothes.

Again, upon instructions from authorized Kenmore repairman I ran a complete load of darks only WITHOUT ANY DETERGENT AT ALL. The dark clothes from that load again show sign of lint, soap or something else remaining. When now reading reviews for Kenmore washers this seems to be a recurring problem. Wish I had read them first or I never would have purchased this Sears Kenmore Washer Model 25132411. Will someone take responsibility and find out why my new washer is not cleaning my clothes properly?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Kenmore Series 700 HE washer/dryer - Horrible experience starting from day one - delivery was a nightmare. After using washer for less than 60 days I confirmed that washer doesn't put enough water in tub to get clothes clean - detergent remains undissolved. I tried several different cycle settings - had to use "heavy bedding" for all loads to get enough water in tub - still doesn't clean sheets or blankets - they are dry at the end of the cycle. The washer doesn't agitate vigorously enough to ever get the clothing or bedding submerged in water. Sears would not consider doing any kind of exchange for a different machine and said "there is nothing we can do as it is beyond 30 days". Said to sell it on Craig's list.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

High efficiency top load washer - Absolute garbage. The most stupid and frustrating purchase of my life. Done with Kenmore!!! Kenmore should fire their engineers and go back to the drawing board. My clothes come out more dirty than when I put them in.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have been troubleshooting with this new washer since October of 2017 and I can't get it to clean my clothes. I have had a technician come out 2 times and they can't find any reason why it is leaving a white residue on my clothes, no error code are being indicated as well. I have called Sears and Kenmore asking for an exchange so I can get my clothes clean, that is why you buy a washer. I have spent countless hours talking to customer service only to hear, "I will send out a technician to see if they can do a recalibration, clean the tub, now they are going to do a full diagnosis which means check the unit". I have spent up to 6 hours trying to get a load of clothes clean. I did a clean washer cycle then tried to washer the clothes without any detergent or softener and they still come out with this residue. I have tried the deep fill 2 rinse which makes the washer no more High Efficient in my eyes just to see, and nothing.

I now have pictures and videos of me trying to clean my clothes and it is getting me nowhere. The warranty that Kenmore has in the book is 30 days from purchase. Who wants to think that they just spent over $700.00 for a washer that did not work so how can you go through the 5 pages of troubleshooting plus the 2 pages of the cycle guide in 30 days. The warranty they have is one year against defect in material or workmanship. I am not sure where the miscommunication is on my call, I keep saying over and over that this washer does not work therefore the workmanship.

My first call was to Sears to see how great their customer service was going to be and wow I think I might know why they are slowly going out of business. I then got a hold of Kenmore which is really just Sears so again didn't go anywhere. At this point I have been told that I must have a technician come out to my residence a total of 8 times in order to have Sears/Kenmore consider letting me get a replacement. The technician just hooks up the machine and pushes the buttons and cleans the basin just to say, "I can't find any issue but your clothes are still dirty with the white residue". What can I do to get help to exchange my 700 Series Kenmore washer? What is everyone else doing to get resolution through Kenmore? I don't have time to keep taking off work to come out to meet a technician that can't do anything.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We purchased Kenmore washing machine 110.26132410 in March 2016. It has been the “washing machine from hell.” First I noticed the huge amount of lint in the filter of the dryer (same dryer I had with the old washer) when I laundered towels, and these towels were becoming frayed and worn. Then I noticed that there were holes in some towels, as if eaten out by bleach. I had used only as much bleach as indicated in the manual and put it in the bleach dispenser. Finally before my one year warranty ran out, I called for a technician. He found nothing wrong, but noticed that the bleach on my shelf was the “splash-less” type. He said that the bleach just goes to the bottom of the tub and could just stay there and not mix with the water enough and therefore get on the towels.

He suggested that I use the “liquid” type bleach. There was no mention in the manual to use only the liquid bleach. I will say that there have been no new holes in my towels, but my towels have continued to wear out at an unusually high rate, and the lint filter on the dryer is still completely full after each load. I also noticed that this washer did not clean well and sometimes noticed that some clothes were not even wet. When I bought this, I had thought that the feature of “deep fill” would be useful, but found that it could only be used with “heavy duty” setting or above, not for “normal” or below. This washer has proven to be very unsatisfactory, and I will buy a new washer when I can afford to do so.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased a washer dryer set. I think it was expensive. Maybe in the $3,000+ range for both appliances. Within a year of buying the washing machine it had mold. We had contacted Kenmore and received no help. Our clothing always stinks and the washing machine puts out a horrific odor to our home. Why is it we cant even buy an expensive appliance and have it work well? They don't care. So now we are stuck with stinky clothes and mold that will not go away no matter how much we clean. Another disgusting company.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Kenmore front-loader washer model 41262 - It uses a lot less water than our old washer which dumped in about 5 gallons of water whereas this washer doesn't operate in a pond of water but merely moistens the clothes as it tumbles them. Wash quality is excellent. It's as quiet as a sewing machine almost. Huge front door makes it easy to wash small rugs. Sears had it on sale for about $550 and that felt good. Stainless tub that won't rust my clothes. High speed spin gets things almost dry right there in the washer.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

We purchased a new Kenmore 700 series high efficiency washer and dryer from Sears a year ago. These were expensive machines. We have had problems with both from day one but no luck with getting any repairs done and now the warranty is out. Sears doesn't want to talk about it and the warranty company only wants to sell more useless warranties. The washer plain and simple doesn't put enough water in the machine to wash anything. To do a small load I have to put it on the heavy setting and use the deep fill to get enough water to get the clothes even wet and then it takes nearly 2 hours to complete the load. If I put in anything more than a small load it starts screaming like it is going to explode. The only way to stop the noise is to drain the water, take out all but a couple of items and start again. This is not a high efficiency machine it is a no efficiency machine.

It doesn't clean, it takes forever to complete a cycle and clothes come out dirty and tangled. The dryer isn't much better. It takes forever to dry and no matter what cycle I put it on the clothes are so wrinkled and tangled I have to iron everything, so to avoid that I mostly hang up all my clothes wet and don't use the dryer. I am a past laundromat owner and I'll tell you that these are the worst pieces of equipment ever put on the market!!! Sears/Kenmore should have to replace these machines with ones that work as they are advertised. My advice is to stay away from Kenmore and Sears to buy your appliances.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

This washer always stops after wash instead of going through the entire wash, rinse, spin cycle. Most of the clothes aren't even wet after the wash part of the cycle, let alone clean. Worst washer EVER!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We have been loyal Kenmore customers since we were married in 1975. Currently we have a Kenmore refrigerator, freezer, stove, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. We have been well served by Kenmore appliances for forty years but our washing machine is extremely frustrating. It is a series 500 high efficiency washer. It is not efficient at all because we frequently have to wash things twice to get them clean. We purchase and use the recommended detergent. It is very slow so it wastes time. I have tried to trick it by adding extra water but that doesn't seem to help. We regret our purchase every week on laundry day. Is Kenmore doing anything to retain dissatisfied customers like us? We are fed up with a all of the problems. If Kenmore will offer a solution to replace the machine I will stay with a Kenmore machine. If not I will buy a different machine.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Where can I sign up for a class action lawsuit. I don't want a $50 gift certificate, I want Kenmore to replace the washing machine (Series 700 washer) with something that works as advertised. Save me some water? How about cleaning my clothing properly??? I've had this machine for 1 year and 10 months and I am FED UP with this. Kenmore fix your problem or LOSE A CUSTOMER FOREVER!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I am convinced that Kenmore service reps are trained to deny any problem with this washer, as well as the reps that handle setting up service calls. My machine (11066132*410) has, since the first dark load, left clothes covered in a white/gray residue that must also be covering light clothes just that it isn't as apparent. We have followed several different suggested procedures to try and "clean" the tub, but nothing has worked. We have encountered nothing but indifference and rudeness... Finally it was claimed that we had been responsible. Puleeeze... Stay away from Kenmore.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have paid for the 700 series washer and dryer set. In a four-month time frame, had the Sears warranty people come look at the washer twice because the clothes literally are not coming clean. It is supposed to be a high efficiency washer yet I am having to rinse my dark clothes in hot water, on a deep fill, and rinsing FOUR times. I am no longer saving any money having a high efficiency washer and even after FOUR rinses my clothes are dirty. The Sears warranty guy says that it is the actual washer, the clothes do not come clean and I should have got a front-loader which nobody told me. I am loading the clothes correctly, I am using the correct soap, I am separating my clothes, and I just get dirty clothes out.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I purchase this washer at a Sears store closing sale. Have had it in the box in a climate controlled storage for a little more than a year, never opened, never used. Yesterday we opened it and hooked it up...this thing sounds like a freight train is coming through my house! Kenmore is no help, "will send someone out to diagnose the problem, but will have to charge a diagnostic fee because warranty has expired". Buyer beware...do not buy a Kenmore model 110.25132411! Anyone want a washer that has had exactly one load of clothes washed in it? I have one cheap!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had Kenmore brand washers and dryers for a combined 20 plus years. I have never been disappointed in them. They last a long time. I have had to have the most recent units serviced once when new and they were prompt and had it repaired quickly. One thing to remember is these units are not zero maintenance though. They need to be kept clean.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Kenmore Series 500 Wash Machine: Bought this machine over a year ago after my old Kenmore wash machine died. In summary: It's A LEMON. Does not put in enough water to cover clothes, no matter what setting I use and I have had nothing but trouble with it. I've had the repair service come out 3 times now and Sears will still not put in a new sensor even though the express setting doesn't work at all and the lid stays in lock mode from time to time. **I HAVE TO ADD WATER WITH A HOSE RUNNING FROM MY GARAGE SINK TO GET ENOUGH WATER INTO THE MACHINE TO PROPERLY WASH MY CLOTHES**. I figured this out when I first got the machine and my clothes smelled like I had just pulled them out of a dirty hamper after running them through the wash and dry. Advice? Save your money, do your research and buy and better machine.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Upon installation by the delivery crew this dryer (Kenmore 67132 Electric) gave them a PF error message and would not start. They replaced the power cord and said it was fine. Ten minutes after they left it failed to start again and gave us the PF error. Sears replaced the dryer with a new one and after a few weeks it started giving us the PF error again leaving us with an unusable dryer. We also ordered the Kenmore washer 26132 4.8 cu. ft top loader and were dissatisfied with that as well. It look a very long time for a cycle to complete and most times our clothes ended up still dirty, still stinky, some areas were not even wet and some clothes had a white residue on them. Both appliances were returned.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased this washer based on Consumer Reports and other recommendations. I have had nothing but problems with this washer. Been a little over a year since new and had Sears techs out 3 times. Water leaks out of the overflow valve on the back and floods the floor. Tech says to use low suds detergent which I do. We cannot wash more than 4 towels at a time. Must use a minimal amount of detergent. Can hardly use any detergent when washing sheets and blankets as it goes out the overflow valve onto the floor. Sears tech says it's the way the machine is made. I'm ready to dump this washer and get something else which is a shame as I have all Kenmore appliances and have always bought Kenmore for the past 40 years. Sears needs to do something about the design of this washer.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Kenmore 41761723510 - This machine is the most unreliable machine I have ever witnessed, locks the clothes in, can't get them out. You can never know what cycle it is in... if any. Clothes stink. Just keep pushing the button and hope something happens? Now agitates for about 10 seconds shuts down... that's all cross fingers. Maybe get lucky. I will never get another Kenmore in my life. My last one was the same basic model, 15 years no problem... What on earth are these making these days and please tell me there is a class action suit on these pieces of garbage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Kenmore Oasis Elite washing machine - F1 error message led me to do research online. After phone calls to Sears, I had to do my own homework. Found that there was a recall notification for serial# in range of CT01 thru CT49 which mine is. Model is 110 27092600. After many phone calls etc they said yes it is recalled due to the common F1 error message but that I have to pay for the repairs... WHAT!? Their product fails and so many of these washing machines failed that they had to do a recall but we the consumers have to pay for it? Never ever will I shop with Sears nor will I buy a Kenmore product even though I am in need of a new dryer, microwave/wall oven combo, and dishwasher.... oh and now a new washing machine or repair!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We purchased a brand new Kenmore top load washer (600 series). My T-shirts came out of the wash smelling exactly like they did before the wash. Next, I noticed dry spots on a majority of the clothes. That's right, dry spots. As in, the clothes did not get wet. Experimented with the deep fill option with double rinse. Still dry spots. I've never had a washer that did not wash clothes. Do not buy this washer!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I have had this Kenmore washing machine for one year. It is now leaving residue on my clothes. When I called Sears for warranty service they refused to service the machine saying that, "The machine works fine. You just need to wash ALL your clothes in hot water." When I explained to the representative that it has been working fine on cold until recently he said that it is not their problem and there is nothing they can do or rather will do.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have this Kenmore 500 Series washing machine. I wash tons of clothes all the time. I've even switch to washing small loads. My clothes are never clean. They come out, they smell bad, the towels stink all the time because they can't agitate and wash. The water just runs through them and comes back out. It doesn't move the clothes and no there's nothing wrong with my washing machine. It's not broken. It just sucks. Don't buy this product. I think you guys should recall these washing machines.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I have always had Kenmore appliances. I like their performance, service, delivery & removal of old appliances. I would definitely recommend Kenmore appliances.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The washer and dryer were priced well. I have saved money on water bills and electric. They work efficiently. I trust the Kenmore brand over the competition.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Before I bought these Kenmore Elite Front Loaders, I had the Maytag Neptune's. Best washer & dryer I've ever owned. Now with these Kenmore's, quite a different story. No matter the type of products you use, your clothes still come out looking dingy & dirty.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have a Kenmore washer, HE3 and a Kenmore dryer, HE4 and both are front loaders. I love the front loaders. The machines are quiet for their age, both are over 10 years old. They have been serviced for minor things and I have recently ordered a new dispenser for the liquid soap, fabric softener, etc. Ordering the parts has been very easy. I bought these machines at the "scratch and dent" Sears store and have never looked back. The time it takes to dry my clothes alone saves me time and money. I will purchase another pair just like these when it is time to replace them.

Kenmore Washers Company Information

Kenmore Appliances
1913
www.kenmore.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use