Kenmore Washers

Kenmore Washers

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Economic on water use and energy efficient, quick, stable, cleans well with good array of different cycles, easy to use, load and unload. Ergonomic design fits well with normal counter heights. Durable with ability to handle recurring and high-frequency heavy loads. No maintenance or repair issues since owned. Reliable timer devices and release of additive like fabric softener. Clean lines and ergonomic design, with color choices, that integrate with laundry room design. Dials and doors are placed in convenient locations and add to look of appliance. Price was higher than some competitors model of similar in function and level in line. Cost higher than lower line machines. Reliability and durability balances cost for a good value for cost.

The washer cycles are fast and very efficient and it is very easy to learn and use. Also the capacity is very large so can do larger loads and get laundry done in a more timely manner. Never had a problem with the washer or its components. And it always got the laundry done in a timely manner while still making all the clothing clean and fresh. Very appealing and fit nicely next to the dryer. Didn't take up to much room in the area we had them set up and got a lot of compliments on how they looked. Very good value for the washer. They do cost a bit more than others but for the quality of the washer it is well worth the price. I didn't mind paying a little extra once seen how it performs.

It is an absolutely amazing dryer! It gets the job done in the first go and I haven't had any problems out of it at all. Plus it's so spacious!! Kenmore is a great It is an absolutely amazing dryer! It gets the job done in the first go and I haven't had any problems out of it at all. Plus it's so spacious!! Kenmore is a great product and I see them still being around for many many more years to come. It is extremely reliable. Never had any problems out of it at all. It thoroughly dries whatever I put in there. No probems. It's very stylish. Very modern. Sleek and goes well with just about anything. It's almost like that perfect black dress. Just looks perfect and fits so very nice. That's what Kenmore is to me. I believe this dryer is a great value. Well any Kenmore product is honestly an exceptional value. Their products can last a lifetime if you keep them up! So I think spending a few hundred or thousand for a lifetime product is a hell of a value.

Purchased Kenmore from Sears Appliance Store 2 years ago. 1 week after the normal warranty ended it stopped working. I had purchased an extended warranty. So they diagnosed and ordered a replacement gear box. A week and half later they came and installed it. It was a remanufactured gear box. Immediately it smelled awful, a horrible industrial grease smell. Within a week it was making a horrible noise. We stopped using it and went out and bought a far superior brand, because I had it with Sears and Kenmore. When the old washer was removed, there was oil all over the floor underneath it. So the remanufactured gear box was total garbage, leaking oil from day one. Poor quality doesn't even begin to describe the washer or the replacement parts. No wonder Sears is looking at selling the Kenmore brand. It's worthless.

I want a new washer and dryer so bad. A big one. My husband said as soon as ours goes out I can. The only trouble is I have had mine for 24 years. I believe it will outlive me. Why did you make them so good? I am 70 years old. That isn't fair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

I have purchased most of my appliances through Sears over the last decade. Considering how many large purchases I've made thru the years I was shocked that when I went to Sears for help about my washer which we purchased 5 years ago they refused to help me because I did not purchase the extended warranty. In all fairness I NEVER thought that a Kenmore Elite washing machine would be Covered with RUST on the inside within 5 year. When you open the lid to the machine it looks like it's 25 yrs old. It has completely eaten away in some sections around the detergent and bleach dispensers and the rear side around the rim. I am afraid to wash my children's clothes in it and feel it is ridiculous that I should have to replace a washer every five years because it is covered in rust.

I have never had any issues with my past purchases from sears. It is a shame that the first time I go to them with a product issue they refuse to assist me. This should NOT happen to a product in such a short time and when it does I would hope that Sears would stand behind their products realizing that if this is happening the product was poorly made and is now resulting in issues that are a health concern. If I wanted to be Replacing a wash machine every 5 years I would have gone with the cheapest machine and not Wasted my money on a Kenmore Elite. I have spent hours trying to get assistance from Sears. I Really was hoping to have someone help me.

I called the store that I purchased it from and the Store Owner HUNG up on me when I asked for the DM's phone number to help me resolve this. He told me that "I took responsibility for the product after the first year because I did not purchase the extended plan." So I guess Consumers need to buy the extended warranty because their Kenmore washers will be covered with rust within a few years. Buyers Beware. I also called customer solutions, they said they were sorry that there was nothing they could do. They said I could call LG who is the maker of the Kenmore Elite because it sounds like it could be a manufacturing issue.

I then called LG and they directed me back to sears saying they have an agreement with Sears to produce their product and then sell it so if I have a problem I need to go to Sears. Again I have a 2, 5 and 7 year old so spending hours on the phone and getting nowhere is extremely frustrating. I have been sent in circles for months and have gotten nowhere. I have never filed any complaint with a company but at this point I want to save other customers the nightmare that I've had dealing with Sears and how they Don't stand behind their products.

It saddens me to think that I have been a loyal customer purchasing two refrigerators, 2 washers and dryers, snowblower etc. over the past 9 years and when I need help on one thing I'm told "sorry." I regret that I have given Sears all my business for major appliances over the past decade. I want buyers to be aware that Sears is selling Kenmore Elites that will be covered in rust within a few years and that Sears will not help them when this happens. I have attached pictures of what my Kenmore looks like after five years of ownership. I will definitely be shopping elsewhere for all of my appliances because Sears does not value or assist their customers when there is an issue with their product.

I got my first Kenmore Washer in 1967. It lasted 19 years. The second lasted until approximately 1998... not sure exactly. My current Kenmore is SO old that when I noticed water appearing on the floor, I called a repairman and he couldn't find the model on his computer. Turned out there was a leak in the hose and nothing was wrong with the machine. Based on 50 years of experience with Kenmore, I would recommend them to anyone. Three machines in 50 years cannot be beat by anyone in the washing machine business. Stick with Kenmore!

Only had the washer for 2 years and already broke... Water is leaking from underneath and a very very loud noise on the spin cycle that it sounds like the old wood roller coaster at Cedar Point... My first and last Kenmore product. Went out and got me a Samsung.

This washer/dryer set has operated without a repair for 18 years; it washes heavy and light loads satisfactorily. Routine maintenance such as cleaning the dryer filter is important to keeping it functioning at maximum efficiency!

I have owned many sets of washers and dryers but this set happens to be the best. I can wash and dry extra large loads like a comforter or 15 pairs of jeans or I can wash very small loads of gentles and not hurt my delicates.

This Kenmore pair are now made by LG. They are horrible. They open and close the water inlet rapidly like a bang, bang, bang. They have ruined the plumbing pipes. This is not only my washer, but my brother's, too. After only 3 years, the gears squeak and the motor whines. They were very expensive, but when we move into our new home next month, we will leave them behind and just let the new owners have them.

First experience at the newest kind of front load washer. Couldn't believe it was so quiet. However, it took me a while to accept the fact that I saw no water or sloshing in the window of the machine. Somehow it gets the clothes clean but it is still magic as to how.

We just purchased an Electrolux washer and dryer but it hasn't arrived yet. Our other set is a Kenmore front loader, which is okay but the rubber seal went out. So unless we wanted to pay $450.00 for the repair cost for a rubber seal, it made more sense to purchase a new set. The quality was poor in the Kenmore. I'm looking forward to the new set!

My washer is the second one I have bought. The dryer is still my first. I had bought it about 15 years ago. It is a propane dryer. Works well except the knobs have deteriorated and I now have to use a pair of pliers to operate the appliance. Back to the washer, it is a front loader. I love it. I have had it for about 3 years.

The Kenmore washer was ok. It could have been better. Maybe I need a bigger washer. I feel that maybe the washer and dryers you all make could be a little smaller for us short people cause the tube is deep that we can't reach all the clothes at the bottom of washer.

I love the steam freshen up option available with my Kenmore Elite dryer. The only downside to this dryer and every dryer I have ever owned is being able to clean the lint area. The mesh basket is easy enough to clean but the area below is impossible to completely clean.

I bought a Sears Kenmore Elite washing machine (model #110.27087604) in 2008. In 2009, it leaked water down through the ceiling. Paid $200 for that repair which should have been covered under warranty as a defect. Over the last month or so the wash cycles have been interrupted with "F1" failure...5-6-7 times during each wash load. The technician told me today to repair this problem is $831! He added, "You're going to need/want to buy a new machine". A top quality, top dollar Sears Kenmore Elite should not need to be replaced after 8 years of normal household use with 2 people! POOR quality and I have no doubt that this defect in quality is not isolated to just me.

I will not buy anything from Sears EVER again. And will make certain that my family, friends through social media hear of my bad experience. Spiteful? Maybe so. But this is a classic case of a defective product that should be covered by a company that claims to offer top level products & service. There are plenty of other options to buy appliances. Never Sears again for anything.

I have owned and used my Kenmore washer dryer made by Whirlpool since I purchased it new in 2007. These are the front load units and came in pretty colors. Mine is blue. The dryer is gas. I have had zero problems and zero complaints. They are still going strong 10 years later and have provided us, a young family of 4, with dependable service. I would buy another Kenmore/Whirlpool in a heartbeat. Too bad I can't buy more 2007 models in new condition. Knock on wood for another 10 years of dependable service. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

We purchased a Kenmore Washer & Dryer set after our very old washer broke down last week. After finding a decent deal at Sears we made the jump and couldn't be happier. They both started up and worked just fine through the first 4 loads we have done. Very quiet and quick to get the job done! Will update a couple months down the way to confirm things are still working well.

Bought a dryer from Sears, it didn't work. After much haggling with rude sales person & his manager in Victoria BC they sent another. That one didn't work either! Had to speak with someone in Philippines to get it picked up & receive credit to my VISA. Never shop there again... This is why they are going out of business.

It is a Kenmore Elite style. Washes worse than a cheap hotel device. Leaves junk on clothes and squeezes the clothes to the point of permanent wrinkles. Other Kenmore have been fine. Not sure what is wrong with this one. It has happened since day one. Called store and no resolution.

I own the unit that is the washer and the dryer stacked on top (It is all one piece). The washer becomes unbalanced frequently and shakes the whole room. I have to stop it and move the clothing around until I get it balanced. The clothes come out of the dryer very wrinkled. I have tried all different settings, fabric softener and things that you can put in the dryer; but the clothes are still very wrinkled and have to be ironed. I wish I had not bought this appliance.

After 27 years I needed to buy a new washer and there were only ones without agitators so that is what we bought. Worst decision ever. There is no soak cycle; clothes often end up under one item like a parachute without getting clean or rinsed and causing another wash cycle. Absolutely dislike this washer.

We purchased a complete set of SEARS ELITE Kenmore frontload washer & dryer, plus drawers that go under each machine & last thing was metal cap/shelf that goes on top/across machines to keep items from behind or between machine gap is great for folding station. This is a wonderful set. It has all the bells & whistles I could ask for on both washer/dryer. Washer has a huge stainless steel drum that is great for doing large or very small loads. It save water & detergent. Dryer has capability of doing those large load or very small, it can do time set or automatic dryer. We use the TOUCH UP option when we miss taking a completed load out of dryer immediately & fold or hang. This complete system is wonderful. We have had this set since 2008 with no problem. I would definitely recommend this set to anyone.

Had trouble with machine since day one. Had several parts replaced, worked better, but coins fall through the bottom of tub to motor. I always check for coins and stuff in pockets, but sometimes miss them. I've had Kenmore machines for the last 30 years and this is the first one the coins fall in the motor. I used to find them in the bottom of the machine tub with no harm to machine. Very poor design, but they won't cop to it. Thank God I have a contract on the piece of junk.

We bought this during a president's day sale and I've love my Kenmore front loader washer. It has not needed any repairs but with my extended warranty the service man came to check out everything for free. It's perfect!

Colored clothes come out streaked with white marks even when I do a second rinse. Am currently rewashing a load without detergent in the hopes of dissolving these marks. I am extremely dissatisfied with this washer (Kenmore washer Series 600).

Haven't had any problems thus far. I maintained my washer and dryer. Clean it out by removing the dryer lint hose at least 2x a year. Washer - I clean that out also... What it boils down to is maintain it. You shouldn't have any problems.

Sears (Whirlpool) washer model 110 261 132411 - I purchased this washer in Oct 2016. I went back to the store to complain about the noise when the washer is filling with warm water. The washer bangs the hot and cold pipes off and on over 20 times to get warm water??? The noise is ridiculous and is annoying not only to me but to my townhouse neighbor. I have checked the pipes and they are secure to the boards. I had a service person check things out and he said they could do nothing and it was my problem. I have never had such a problem with a washer. I have always liked Kenmore products but after this I will go to Samsung.

The deliverymen/installers didn't know how to vent the dryer with equipment I was required to purchase. My son actually vented the dryer with equipment I had on hand. To be fair, when I complained, they offered to buy back the equipment from me.

Kenmore Washers Company Profile