2. Homeowners
Kenmore Washers

Kenmore Washers

3.9/5 (315 ratings)

About Kenmore Washers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Kenmore Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Washers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Washer Works great, large capacity, quiet. Excellent for all fabrics. Dryer large capacity great variety of settings for both. Does excellent job on large and small loads. Washer is toploading can easily pause to add clothes. Dryer front loader with the same capability.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Kenmore has always been a top brand when it comes to washer and dryers. Every home that I have had I made sure that Kenmore was installed. They are big enough on the inside and yet still compact to fit in any space.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Had this basic washer and dryer almost 30 yrs, have done many things that should not be done to a machine, overloading, washing everything in the house more times than I can count, and they just keep on working.... My mechanical engineer father told me, "the less things there are to go wrong, the less they will go wrong." I don't want some fancy annoying beeping machine, all it really needs to do is wash and dry. Wish more manufacturers made reliable products that last at least a generation!

Original review: July 12, 2021

I bought this Kenmore high efficiency washer 4 years ago, in 2017. I noticed clothes did not get as clean as with my old washer (which took 15 years before replacement was needed). There were other conveniences that were missing; for example, there was no way just to "spin" wet clothes, as there were with other washers. The washer needed frequent attention to adjust off balance loads. Finally, 2 months ago (May 2021), the washer refused to turn on. A service technician came 6/10 and said we needed a new board, which he ordered. The part has been on backorder since then. My only communication with Sears/Kenmore is when I call them. Their customer service reps politely tell me that the part is still on backorder, and they will "escalate" my request. I still have no working washer, and a service agreement which is not being honored. My advice is to consider another brand of washer.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Purchased this POS only 15 months ago. Now the washer is rusted out and different parts are worn from the use. How often do you use a washer?? There is no reason that this 700 series Kenmore washer should be worn out this early. I hope this company goes out of business.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I purchased a Kenmore Elite washer. The worst $900.00 ever spent. This product is bad. The service folks couldn’t ever fix it. The parts were bad. They used up my extended warranty and never fixed it. Motherboard fried and its cost to repair you might as well buy a new one just not Kenmore. Very disappointed. Long time Sears customer.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

Bought the big Kenmore Elite Washer High Capacity Topload machine with impeller. Sears installed it. Always having issues with the load balance. Wish I could return for a front load. Poorly designed tub...

Original review: June 7, 2020

Purchased a top loading high efficiency low water washer model 110-28133410 from a Sears location with our Sears charge account on 5/17/15 for $900. Never happy with the "low water" cleaning quality. Had issues with the lid lock which we figured out how to work around. Now in 2020 only five years later transmission is shot (not because of overloading only my husband and myself in the home). Sears service was AWFUL.

Finally got an appt. for a service call, took off work, they were suppose to be here by noon, got a text at 11:30 canceling our appt. and rescheduling for 6 DAYS LATER. When I called customer service to say I expect the next initial diagnostic service call to be not charged since now I will have lost two days of work. Would not offer any consideration for their non show. Hired another appliance repair service to be told washer not work fixing. I had believed in supporting businesses that have been around for years, but they were horrible. Canceled my Sears card and will never do business with them or Kenmore again. (Now have a basic Speed Queen. LOVE it!! I have water again!!!)

Original review: May 24, 2020

Bought my top load washing machine with matching dryer 11 years ago and have never had any issues with it. My 19 year old grandson does his own laundry too and figured out all the features on his own.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have a Kenmore Elite Front-loader. My feeling is that clothes do not come clean, therefore 2 hour cycles necessary. The machine has been reliable. It is nicely designed, but I would not purchase another front-loader given my overall experience.

Kenmore Appliances author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kenmore is a household appliance brand that has been marketed and sold by Sears since 1927, underlining Kenmore's long time commitment to delivering quality to consumers. Kenmore washers are produced by popular brands like GE, Whirlpool and LG.

• J.D. Powers' award: Kenmore has won plenty of awards for its washing machines, including "Highest in Customer Satisfaction" for its top-loading washing machine in 2014 by J.D. Powers.

• Sanitize cycle: Kenmore washers are loaded with great features, including the sanitize cycle on many of its Elite® washing machines. The Sanitize cycle helps kill 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria without using strong chemicals like bleach.

• Best Washing Machine of the Year award: Reviewed.com heaped plenty of awards on Kenmore in 2014, including the Best Value Washing Machine of the Year award for their Kenmore 4.0 cubic feet Front-Load Washer and the Best Washing Machine of the Year award for the Kenmore Elite® 5.2 cubic feet Front-Load Washer.

• Plenty of options: Kenmore offers plenty of options for customers, including top-loading washers, front-loading washers and extremely energy-efficient models.

Kenmore Washers Company Information