Kenmore Washers

Kenmore Washers

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love this washer and would recommend anyone to buying it. I did my research on this brand as well as read all of the reviews on it. There were no complaints about anything. It's a great product with a very good warranty. It works very well and I haven't had any issues with it at all. It's worth the money.

Economic on water use and energy efficient, quick, stable, cleans well with good array of different cycles, easy to use, load and unload. Ergonomic design fits well with normal counter heights. Durable with ability to handle recurring and high-frequency heavy loads. No maintenance or repair issues since owned. Reliable timer devices and release of additive like fabric softener. Clean lines and ergonomic design, with color choices, that integrate with laundry room design. Dials and doors are placed in convenient locations and add to look of appliance. Price was higher than some competitors model of similar in function and level in line. Cost higher than lower line machines. Reliability and durability balances cost for a good value for cost.

I have always had Kenmore appliances. I like their performance, service, delivery & removal of old appliances. I would definitely recommend Kenmore appliances.

The washer and dryer were priced well. I have saved money on water bills and electric. They work efficiently. I trust the Kenmore brand over the competition.

Before I bought these Kenmore Elite Front Loaders, I had the Maytag Neptune's. Best washer & dryer I've ever owned. Now with these Kenmore's, quite a different story. No matter the type of products you use, your clothes still come out looking dingy & dirty.

I have a Kenmore washer, HE3 and a Kenmore dryer, HE4 and both are front loaders. I love the front loaders. The machines are quiet for their age, both are over 10 years old. They have been serviced for minor things and I have recently ordered a new dispenser for the liquid soap, fabric softener, etc. Ordering the parts has been very easy. I bought these machines at the "scratch and dent" Sears store and have never looked back. The time it takes to dry my clothes alone saves me time and money. I will purchase another pair just like these when it is time to replace them.

Kenmore 600 series washer - The worst washer I have ever owned, does not get things clean, they smell, they are still dirty, it should be recalled. I will not buy Kenmore ever again. I feel that I was taken advantage of by the sales staff. Sears should be ashamed and should offer a refund on this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Sensors decide amounts of water and lots of settings even for delicate things like comforters. Dryer and washing machine are very quiet. Both are energy efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased the Kenmore Automatic Washer model 796.3162#31# in 2016, and I had to have it replaced within 3 weeks of delivery. The water would not drain out of the machine. The machine I now have rips my husband's t-shirts. I have pictures to prove their destruction. I have had 2 different servicemen come out and it still occurs. What I have just discovered is there is a tiny barely noticeable metal wire that sets up and the clothes are getting caught on that wire. All of that money was spent on a washer that destroys my husband's shirts. I hope they are able to fix this issue.

Kenmore Series 600 - I should have returned the machine after the first day of using it, but now I am stuck it with. It is the worst washing machine I've ever owned. I feel like sending a bill to Kenmore for all the clothes this thing has ruined. It does not wash clothes. It sprinkles water on them and takes over an hour for one load to finish. No matter what setting I put it on, it does not get the clothes wet at all. My clothes now stink, my sheets are filthy, and everything is wrinkled. I am going to take this thing to the dump and go back to the laundromat.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Kenmore Laundry Center Model 417-61712510: Purchased this lemon last year with extended warranty. It has worked less than it has not worked and I've had numerous technicians sent out and paid for an electrician to verify it is not my electrical. The machine starts and stops and locks my clothes inside in water and detergent. No amount of resetting breakers can get it to work, but I sense there is an internal reset because whenever the tech comes out he opens the metal flap to gain access and does something and then resets the breakers and it works again. It may work for one wash and then acts up and stops again. It will beep within 5 minutes of starting unit.

This has been going on since 12/2016, approximately six months after purchase to this date of 8/4/2017. So here I am waiting two weeks for a repairman to come and unlock it while my clothes are in the machine. This has been a nightmare. The amount of service calls has been mind blowing. Always an explanation why it cannot be replaced... read your fine print. I've spent more time this year doing my laundry at a laundromat than at home. This unit was purchased May 26, 2016 with extended warranty. Hope no one else will purchase this unit.

Kenmore Washer 80 Series - Horrible, horrible washing machine. Tears up all my clothes. Everything gets caught in the bottom of the agitator. I have holes in my clothes, holes in my towels, and holes in my sheets. I basically can't agitate anything and instead just soak the stains out and spin it dry. There should have been a recall on this machine. I have lost a lot of money in clothing and linen items that this machine has ruined.

Sears was having a "no interest" promo on appliances & I desperately needed a new washer. Salesman talked me into the Series 500 (Model 25132) claiming it was the best & extremely energy efficient. Since my purchaser, my clothes always come out with soap stains, tangled in 1 huge heap and not to mention, still dirty. I only use recommended detergent, in recommended doses, load as instructed in the manual... But same story every time. After dealing with this for about a year, I've learned to automatically redistribute after every wash, then wash again and then re-rinse EVERY SINGLE LOAD. And I guess it's energy efficient because it uses NO WATER. It merely dampens the clothes. And there is no option to add water.

I have never written a complaint about any product I have ever purchased but this truly is a horrible product & I regret buying it every time I do laundry. And to top it off, the salesman at Sears, after saying that this machine was eligible for no interest (as it was ONE DOLLAR less than their minimum), casually told me - after he processed the transaction - that it was not. I asked to please check with a manager, who he called, and the manager, without even allowing me to speak, dismissed me & my purchase and walked away. Never. Again. I realize there is nothing that can be done at this point - I just thought this might help someone else avoid this disaster of a product.

Kenmore 600s series from Sears - This washer was highly recommended by be salesman. We paid more than we wanted but wanted a good quality washer. I regret ever buying this washer. We are a household of 7 and it is frustrating that the clothes do not even get wet when they are being washed and nothing ever smells clean. Please do your research before investing good money and not getting what you pay for.

Kenmore Connect Front Load Washer: We purchased this washer 2 years ago and it absolutely is the worst purchase we have ever made. Sears should be embarrassed by this product - no wonder why they are headed for chapter 11. The clothes never come out clean and always smell moldy. There is a water drain that always need draining and the seal always requires cleaning to maintain a load that is acceptable. They should reach out to all past buyers and offer a trade in for something that actually works.

This washer is awful. Clothes don't smell clean and still have dirt on them no matter what detergent I use. Dryer gets my clothes and bedding dirty from the lint collector which does an awful job. I wouldn't recommend high heat with all the lint that gets past the screen. Horrible design... it's a shame these companies can't make their products like they used to. More expensive and less reliable.

You could probably get your clothes cleaner by taking to the creek to wash them. It is the worst machine. Can't even clean handkerchief with bleach and Tide. Take it out still stuck together. Someone told the corporate morons this cleans better hardly uses any water. I have been watching the cleaning action. Terrible. I will keep this for a year then will buy another brand. Dryer isn't much better. Take new pants off hanger put in to try to get creases out and when it is done you have to iron because it came out so wrinkled like you slept in them. Terrible product.

Bought a Kenmore Sears 600 series. Awful machine. Uses 4 inches of water even with deep fill. It snags clothes and/or makes holes in the clothes even my shag throw rugs. I have small holes in New dish towels, snags in the towels and wash cloths, snags and holes in knit tops. The only way you can get more water into the tub is use the bulky/bedding and that takes 1 hour and 30 minutes. Had the repairman out 3 times. One said, "You have to fill the washer. Can't do small loads." 2 pair coveralls and 1 pair of mens jeans isn't enough. Then that's the way it should be sold!!! Use only full loads!!! My daughter has the same washer. Same thing for her. Snags and holes. It took a while to figure out where the damage was coming from. One more repairman coming today. He's wasting his time and mine. DO NOT BUY THIS MACHINE!

I have a three-year-old Kenmore Samsung Top Load washer that I bought from Sears. Six months ago it started making grinding noises. I called in a repairman only to find out that they do not repair these as they are on a recall. I went through their recall process and it has been ongoing since February 15, 2017. I was assigned a repair company and given a phone number. I called them and was told that they do not service my location. I contacted Samsung again and they gave me a new repair company after a number of calls and weeks transpired. The new company also did not service my location. In the meantime my washer is getting louder and washing less effectively. I gave Samsung the appliance service that Sears uses and the phone number to contact. I phone this service myself and he indicated that he does the recall repairs for Samsung on these washers.

For the last two months I have been contacting Samsung to get them to assign my washer to this service center that they use and it is still not assigned! I have sold my house and must be out in 5 days so I had to buy a new washer and thought I would get the rebate. After reviewing the rebate process, I decided that this company can keep the minute $275 offered. I will never purchase a Samsung anything as long as I can help it. They did not contact me once during the whole process. I had to keep phoning to get updates and new information. The rebate does not compensate enough as it is only 1/3 of a new washer. I thought Kenmore was a great product and had no idea that it was made by Samsung until I started having problems. I guess the days of having a washer for 20 plus years are gone and consumers have to put up with second rate crap that is very expensive and ends up filling up the country's garbage dumps.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am writing so that Kenmore 600 Series washer is taken off the market. I paid a lot of money for this machine and it is awful. Doesn't get the clothes clean. Sometimes the clothes come out with dry spots. How can the clothes get clean if they are not in water. I have owned Kenmore washers and dryers even appliances over the last 45 years and have never had any trouble. Or my laundry come out dirty. I moved and sold my old washer and dryer. I kick myself everyday for not bringing it with me but I had it for 15 years and thought it wouldn't make the trip. Why would you change your washing machine to the piece of crap I am stuck with until I can afford a new machine. Which I will research before I buy. Shame on you Kenmore.

I decided to buy a top-of-the-line Kenmore washer and dryer. Worked great for 4 months then started breaking. Constant breakdowns on the washer - not so much on the dryer. Purchased at Sears along with extended warranty. As I write this I have been waiting 4 weeks for repairs. Parts are never in stock and it takes 2 weeks for Sears' tech to visit. As the repairman said last week "I should follow the delivery truck each time a new one is delivered." That says it all.

We bought a Kenmore Connect washer and dryer almost 2 years ago. The washing machine is pure awful. Stains remain, odors continue even after washing. I would absolutely not advise this washing machine. I've cleaned the drain compartment and the machine more often than recommended. These dirty clothes continue to come out of this waste of money washing machine. I've tried different HE formulated detergents. No effect. I've used the prewash and extra rinse cycles with the heavy duty cycle with no improvement. The flip-flop motion used to "clean" the clothes is a waste of electricity, water and the 2, yes, two-hour cycle. We've replaced this useless washing machine with a Speed Queen washer. 25 minute "long" heavy duty cycle pumps out the truly clean clothes. Please do not waste your money on a Kenmore Connect, unless of course you like stains and stink on your "clean" clothes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

May 2016, we purchased a washer and a dryer and 6 months later the dryer started making a horrible humming sound. So, we called the customer service and repair person comes out says, "These products are not really the Kenmore used to be. They are made by Whirlpool just the name Kenmore goes on it." He tried to find the problem and said, "Sorry the metal casing of the machine is very thin and does not absorb the sound so it produces this humming." I have called 2nd time because when the dryer is on we cannot be around in the house, once my friends were visiting and they all were uneasy. I am so sorry that last year we sold our 33 years old Kenmore washer and dryer with the house and regret doing it.

All I want is to exchange with a better product even if we have to pay a little more from our pocket. For almost 35 years I have not bought any other but Kenmore and seems like this will be my last and I am determined to tell all my family and friends to stay away from these electronics. My washer and dryer are still in warranty and I am to the point where I might go to a legal route. The washer has started the showing some problems such as locking the lid, leaving soap on clothes etc. After my first service call they want me to buy warranty on both items??? Amazing, instead of improving their products they want to make more money by selling the service contract so you feel being looted twice.

I purchased a Kenmore washing machine just about three years ago, series 700 high efficiency model one year ago I had to replace the pump. In the last month it started making loud noises when in the spin cycle that started to get louder. I made an appointment with a reliable repair center that I have successfully used in the past and are very knowledgeable. The mechanic that came and looked at it said the bearings are worn out and it would cost 600 dollars to replace them. That is almost what I paid for the machine.

I contacted Kenmore and asked if they can offer me some kind of help considering it's only three years old and I feel that it should have lasted longer than that, we are only two people in the house. They offered me a 75.00 voucher towards a new one. I'm disappointed and feel that since I bought the machine thinking it was a well known name they would offer a little more than what amounts to a Sunday sale price. I recently purchased another machine and sorry to say that I would not buy another Kenmore product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have purchased Kenmore appliances since 1962. Washer, Dryer, dishwasher, range, microwave and even an electric can opener. I have complained loudly and often about this washing machine. I have contacted the Sears store where I purchased a washer & dryer in August 2012. The design of this machine is unbelievable and I am far from satisfied. This machine requires that one put the clothes and detergent and/or bleach in with the clothes. The machine immediately locks and fills with about a quart of water. Meanwhile, the clothes are setting in strong soapy water or bleach for over a minute. Subsequently, it results in spotted and ruined clothing, towels, sheets, etc. In addition, you can only wash clothes in the delicate cycle, to prevent ripping and shredding of laundry. Once the cycle is finished, one must go to the rinse/spin cycle in order to add Downy. This wastes water.

Finally, I was directed to Repair Service where the Rep told me that the cost of a one year warranty was $80.00. She said that I only had to pay her $49.99 at that time and to give a check to the repairman for the additional $30.01 on the day of service. I thought it odd that she would not allow me to pay the entire $80.00 while on the phone but went along with it anyway. I was in TOTAL SHOCK when the repairman told me that I had to write him a check for $80.00. I explained to him what the Warranty Rep had told me and he said that the Warranty was $49.99 per month with an $80.00 deductible each visit. Who in his or her right mind would pay $599.88 for a contract on a washing machine? One could purchase a "top of the line" washer for this amount.

SEARS IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS AS A RESULT OF POOR SALES (I WONDER WHY). Do not make any purchase from Sears because the motto on the doors of each store say, "Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" is not worth the ink that it was stamped on with! Sears has promised to refund me $49.99+$80.00+$30.00 gift card. This paltry sum does not even begin to reimburse me for all of the discolors clothes, towels, blankets and all of the discolored clothes that have been ruined by this machine! My attorney (Consumer Affairs attorney) is filing a lawsuit in federal court. If anyone else wants to join in on this lawsuit, you may e-mail me! Do not waste your time trying to deal with corporate because they will do nothing to help you. I am 71 years old and was not told of the bad features on this machine.

It is one of the cheaper models but it gets the job done. As long as you don't pack it too full it will get your clothes really clean. And you save a ton of money because these work just as well as the more expensive models. It's not anything fancy or futuristic but it has a few control knobs and is very easy to use if you aren't good with technology. It has a very basic appearance but it looks good overall. I've had mine for 4 years and I have never had any problems with it at all. These washers are really tough and durable which is the reason I choose to always buy this brand.

The washer's appearance is nothing out of the ordinary and is not too complicated to use. It is very reliable and I use probably 3 times a day. It works great. It washes my clothes really well and I haven't had any problems with it since I have bought it. I have never had a washer like it before. It is one of the best washers I've owned and the value of the washer is well beyond the price. It is totally worth the price I paid and would probably buy another one if anything ever happens to my washer.

I'm very satisfied about the value of this Kenmore appliance. It is cost efficient. You get what you pay for and this exceeds each dollar spent. I don't think I could have asked for a better washer and dryer. The appliance was quiet and efficient. It's a great improvement over the last dryer I owned. I also have not had an issue with it so far. It is the very definition of reliability. I purchased it over six months ago and it is just as effective as day one. As far as dryers go, this one isn't too bad on the eyes. It's clean and modern looking.

I absolutely love it. It works great. I use it a couple of times a day and we haven't had any issue with it so far. Some dryers tend to not dry as much when used a lot. Mine is still working great. The Kenmore dryer is also fast and keeps wrinkles out. It makes clothes soft and fluffy. It also doesn't get overheated and make clothes smell burnt. It has plenty of room for the bigger loads. I also loved the price. I couldn't find a better deal. It’s an energy saver, so now I don't have to worry about light bill jumping through the roof. The appearance is very plain and boring though. It needs some color maybe giving the option to choose for a color. That way you can match it up the decor in your home.

My washer appearance is nice and performance is very perfect. It is white and perfect size. I can do three type of loads and it has big capacity. It is easy to start and it is fast. Also, my dryer is very useful and has capacity of load. I can put on very hot, warm, or gentle cycle. No gas leakage and I can save energy. It is very silent. The price of washer is cheap and worth it for good value. I like the Kenmore brand.

Gets the job done and gets everything clean to my satisfaction, but I have kind of a generic model where it doesn't do much more than that. It looks like a regular washing machine. There are way better Kenmores out there but I will say the reliability is stellar. I have had for 6 years and have not had any breakdowns (knock on wood) so far. No complaints in that department. I think it was worth buying but I do not think it is worth much more than that.

It's great. I would recommended it. Since I have had it, it has worked very well and has not let me down... not once. I have not had to get it fixed or anything and works as good as when first got it. Have no complaints and is good value for money. Doesn't spin loud like a lot of other washer and dryers. It just looks like any other average washer or dryer. It doesn't look horrible and comes with a wide range of choices such as colors, etc. It's not the cheapest brand but you get what you pay for. I would rather pay more and get a machine that I know works very well and is reliable.

Kenmore Washers Company Profile