Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Kenmore Washers
3.83/5

Kenmore Washers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Washers Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I've had my Kenmore super duty set since my mom bought them in 1996 for me. I've used them for everything from delicate lace tablecloths to dirty grungy overalls that all came out clean and in great shape. The super duty was needed due to king size bedspread and blankets needing washed. This set has never been serviced because they've never broken down. I once replaced the foil tube that takes lint outside but that's it. Just clean it after use and it works fantastic. I've looked at others but mine are the best and wouldn't get rid of them for any new one. All the wash cycles work great. The extra large tub makes for easy washing of big items. This set was the best investment ever made and I love it. Got to run. Another load just buzzed.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased a lot of Sears appliances and I had extended warranties and then Sears went out of business in Colorado. There is a Sears Store in Grand Junction, but I am 200 miles from there and even though they have a Sears person who fixes their items, he won't come this far. So I am SOL. It's terribly difficult to have a repairman come to fix any Sears item, therefore I would not recommend anything by Sears.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

In over 14 years of usage of approximately 4-5 loads per week, the door latch gizmo went out twice and the control panel twice. Washer washes really well. Being the HT model must not use too much detergent. Gas dryer dries great. Overall the brand (Kenmore) is not bad. I know there are newer ones out with lots of gadgets but I'm not a fan of these. I need a few cycles to cover most typical usage and these are great for that.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We have never had a single problem with our set of Kenmores. We did not buy the top of the line more of the bottom line, no bells and whistle. The settings are easy to read and turn knobs too, I'm blind/low vision and markings are bold enough for me to see. Baskets are more than big enough to handle all of our washing loads. No extra settings to cluster the facial plates with settings we will never use. Bleach trough in the right place and easy to pour into, big enough to hold recommended amount, softener container in the middle easy to get to, softener lid can be a little hard to get off if you cut your fingernails too short. Product and price was right, have had for 5 years no service calls, bought a set for daughter.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore washing machine almost 2 years ago… I’ve had at least four service calls on it and has a clicking sound all hours of the day and night. They have been out to my house numerous times. They’ve replaced everything they say electronically the problem has gone away for about six months. Now it started again… I don’t even want to bother with them anymore so I just prop up the lid door so I don’t hear the sound in the middle of the night. Other than that it cleans fantastically. Was so much less soap and so much less water, Kenmore model number 110.25132411!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Bought a KENMORE washer 41983.410 December 2017. That's less than two years. Broke down last week. They want $560 to fix it. Shouldn't they last longer than that. Just bought another for $1200. Mad as Hell.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I purchased this washing machine and it needed servicing within the first few months. So did the matching dryer. The washing machine is a top load model which I thought would be like the old models and clean the clothes better. I was very wrong. It doesn't even agitate the clothes, they just sit in the wash bin and don't even move. There is nothing in the centre of the drum to move the clothes during the wash cycle. The drum moves slightly during the wash cycel but there isn't enough movement to move the clothing. The bin doesn't fill up with enough water to properly clean the clothes and as a result, the clothes don't get rinsed properly either.

A normal load takes over 100 minutes to go through the cycle. Shame on you Samsung for selling such a poor quality product. Did I mention that this is the washing machine that was exploding during the spin cycle? We contacted Samsung numerous times over a two year period to get a service person to come out but they did nothing.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I'm among the hundreds of thousands of owners that have experienced the poor design these machines have. (Google F35 error and you'll see listings for several youtube videos which have thousands of views explaining the problem with these washers). There is a pressure sensor that is notorious for generating bad pressure reading and generating the dreaded "SUDS" and F35 error codes requiring frequent replacement of this $150 sensor. Poor engineering, or perhaps a scheme to generate recurring part sales. I will NEVER again buy a Kenmore product.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We purchased this washer/dryer combo about 2 years ago and I have never been happy. MY clothes do not come out clean, only "refreshed". The tank never fills with enough water to clean anything. The clothes get wet and flop around. I wash very small loads and I have to wash dishcloths and kitchen towels 2 or 3 times. This is not saving water. Every few weeks, I boil my dishcloths and kitchen on the stove to get them clean. I called for service and was told that this was the way this washer worked. I have been happy in the past with Kenmore appliances, but not this time. I am going to replace this 2 year old washer soon.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Terrible Washer and Lack of Service - Lexington SC. Purchased this washer from Sears in August 2018. It is a terrible washing machine leaving clothes dirty while taking an inordinate length of time. In addition, it has torn clothes and linens to shreds absolutely destroying the items. I have spoken with Sears' service on numerous occasions and they have refused to send anyone to even look at the washer. I have been lied to by service techs over the phone telling me the machine does not have the "features" that the owner's manual itself says it has such as setting the water level based on its "load sensing" technology. I have watched routinely the machine run WITHOUT ANY WATER in the washtub at all. I do not mean not enough water but NO WATER! This is the last item I EVER purchase from Sears. They do not stand behind the product. They have lied to me. They will not service the washer or honor the warranty. And out of pocket ~$2000!!!!

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a household appliance brand that has been marketed and sold by Sears since 1927, underlining Kenmore's long time commitment to delivering quality to consumers. Kenmore washers are produced by top brands like GE, Whirlpool and LG.

• J.D. Powers' award: Kenmore has won plenty of awards for its washing machines, including "Highest in Customer Satisfaction" for its top-loading washing machine in 2014 by J.D. Powers.

• Sanitize cycle: Kenmore washers are loaded with great features, including the sanitize cycle on many of its Elite® washing machines. The Sanitize cycle helps kill 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria without using strong chemicals like bleach.

• Best Washing Machine of the Year award: Reviewed.com heaped plenty of awards on Kenmore in 2014, including the Best Value Washing Machine of the Year award for their Kenmore 4.0 cubic feet Front-Load Washer and the Best Washing Machine of the Year award for the Kenmore Elite® 5.2 cubic feet Front-Load Washer.

• Plenty of options: Kenmore offers plenty of options for customers, including top-loading washers, front-loading washers and extremely energy-efficient models.

• Best for: Savers, families, people who are energy conscious and people who want award-winning washers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs