Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Washers

Kenmore Washers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Washers Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I purchased my Kenmore Heavy-Duty washer and dryer set the next week available after I got married in Feb 1976 (seventy-six). That makes it about mid-March 1976. Here now in Jan 2020 I can truthfully say that I never had one speck of trouble from the set until now when the washer stopped draining. Having a Sears repairman respond to fix the problem revealed that it cannot be repaired. I must now try to find another Kenmore Washer. Admittedly, I did not use it on any routine regularity and once not used at all when in an apartment without a hookup for a couple years. But, I suspect I won't need it to last as many as 44 more years since I'm now 73 years old. It worked just great for me!

Pollie **

Tucson, AZ

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I bought my Kenmore Elite Calypso 18 years ago. I can say until last week I have never had an issue not one. I was shocked to hear about the lawsuit. I loved mine but the parts are hard to come by. RIP.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I love my Kenmore washer and dryer. The washer offers the perfect amount of options. My clothes always come out clean. In addition, the spin cycle is awesome. I find the clothes (especially towels) take much less time in the dryer. I would highly recommend any/all Kenmore products.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My washer is 19 years old. I had one repair to the barrel for 180.00 which is not anything to complain about in all that time. I only paid 250.00 for it when I bought it. I had problems with the dryer from the moment it got it. I had to have it repaired 280.00 but since then I had worked perfectly. I only paid 225.00 and I got it with the washer.

Original review: March 18, 2019

It has done a lot of washes some overload but keeps on ticking, whilst doing a pretty good job of getting all the clothes clean. We have had this last machine for ten years, or more so we have no complaints. Yes we would buy another new one when the time comes, depending on the deals a sizable at the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I purchased a Kenmore front loader washing machine on 11 July 2019. The machine broke down on 24 December 2019. I called and they sent a repair tech on 27 December. Parts needed to be ordered. After waiting a few weeks I called to ask what the hold up was? I was told the parts were on back order and should arrive shortly. I called again after waiting another week. Told they didn’t have any idea when the parts would arrive. I called the warranty department and got the run around. Then I was told the part would arrive on 21 January. Nothing. When I called the warranty department on the 22 they told me either the part would arrive on 27 January or I was entitled to a new machine. Nothing.

Called on 27 January. They informed me that they would send another technician out on 6 February for a second opinion. Ok. If he agrees my machine needs the part order and it is still on backlog I will get a new machine. This sounds very odd to me. Never heard of a second opinion. This is totally unprofessional and reflects on their company. All I wanted was my machine to work especially since it is one year warranty. They should bring that new machine out when the technician comes on 6 February. I have been without a washer for over 30 days. It will be 40 when the 2nd opinion technician arrives. This is beyond ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Kenmore 600s is garbage. Would give zero stars if I could. This washer twists your clothes so bad they are stretched and ruined. I’ve tried all the scenarios given by Kenmore and same thing. If you do a deep fill it will cut down on twist but clothes don’t agitate and come out just as dirty as they went in but now just wet. Deep fill negates the water saving feature claimed by kenmore. If you run a normal wash with same clothes, 10 tee shirts, the shirts on the top just sit there and don’t agitate through the wash. Then I was told that’s too big a load. Really??!! So I can only wash 5 tee shirts at a time, at 1hr intervals, to keep from twisting and get them washed with the water saving feature you advertise??

To date I’m out over $400 in clothes due to twisting and the extravagant price for a defective product. It’s out of warranty and kenmore won’t help. Have had it over two years and I’m done. Goodbye Kenmore, you have lost this customer for life. Your product is getting sent to metal scrap because I won’t even donate this problem to another victim.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Purchased a Kenmore Elite Washer & Dryer on Dec. 13, 2019. One week later I got water damage to my laundry room cabinets and drywall due to water leaking from the steam hose connected to the dryer. Still haven’t heard back from the Sears Insurance company and my laundry room smells like mildew and mold now. They think it’s the hose from the appliance? The washing machine is okay but started to make a funny noise when it starts and the speed cycle takes forever to finish. I was scared to keep these products even though I purchased a five year warranty.

Due to all these problems in just a short time owning them we decided to return both items. “No Confidence” in these Kenmore appliances. Customer service department was a bit frustrating to deal with, dealing with water damage, the smell and not understanding what they were saying was not a good experience. I do not recommend these products! My previous 16 year old washer and dryer were Kenmore Elite. Quality really has gone down!☹️

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I bought a Kenmore Series 200 brand new from a Sears Store 4 months ago. It worked great for maybe a month then it started not filling with water or it won’t spin. I called the Sears service center for a solution and she couldn’t tell me if it was still under warranty or not before she sent a technician out. My warranty depends if the technician decides it is a manufacturer error. And then he charges me $99 to tell me that. The representative told me I should have checked out my BRAND NEW appliance with a fine tooth comb when I brought it home! I am done with Kenmore. I have always bought Kenmore appliances. Never again!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

After 7 months from the Kenmore 3 year warranty, the washer is rapidly rusting and chipping, on the top and under portion, in-between the detergent cup and bleach cup. The warranty for 'cosmetic' was 3 years. When the tech came out to the house, he stated and proceeded to put in writing to Sears, this was not covered. The tech took pictures to back my complaint. The pictures never made it attached to the service order that Customer solutions department had received. The Customer Solutions representative, located in the Philippines, proceeded to tell me, I was not covered. The representative told me, "he was only there to take my information"; the representative CONFIRMED, Sears is aware of the problem and is NOT doing anything about the problem for their customers. Customer Solutions, DID NOT offer any type of solution.

Every appliance in the house has been a Kenmore product; I put in a complaint, and of course, still waiting to get a return call. I expected Customer Solutions to have been in the United States. So very disappointed and irritated. Not looking for a brand new washer----just the replacement portion for the top. Because, Sears knows there is a problem.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is a household appliance brand that has been marketed and sold by Sears since 1927, underlining Kenmore's long time commitment to delivering quality to consumers. Kenmore washers are produced by top brands like GE, Whirlpool and LG.

• J.D. Powers' award: Kenmore has won plenty of awards for its washing machines, including "Highest in Customer Satisfaction" for its top-loading washing machine in 2014 by J.D. Powers.

• Sanitize cycle: Kenmore washers are loaded with great features, including the sanitize cycle on many of its Elite® washing machines. The Sanitize cycle helps kill 99.9 percent of harmful bacteria without using strong chemicals like bleach.

• Best Washing Machine of the Year award: Reviewed.com heaped plenty of awards on Kenmore in 2014, including the Best Value Washing Machine of the Year award for their Kenmore 4.0 cubic feet Front-Load Washer and the Best Washing Machine of the Year award for the Kenmore Elite® 5.2 cubic feet Front-Load Washer.

• Plenty of options: Kenmore offers plenty of options for customers, including top-loading washers, front-loading washers and extremely energy-efficient models.

• Best for: Savers, families, people who are energy conscious and people who want award-winning washers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team