Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Kenmore Ovens
1.42/5

Kenmore Ovens

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

458 Kenmore Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We purchased this 40" range from Sears & Roebuck brand new with other appliances. They have had problems too & are all too expensive for what you get any more with too many digital, sensitive, & failing parts. We have been purchasing Kenmore products for over 35 years before purchasing these new products. The problems started after the range was less than three years old, but out of warranty. The bake element melted & burned out & melted. The cost of the part alone was over $60.00 for the element.

Then three months later the range caught on fire again & the element burned again (the oven was not even turned on), this time the control board & some wiring between the element & the control board also burned. Now in addition to the element needing replacement again, the control board & wiring needs replacement. The cost of the control board alone is nearly $500.00. That is more than the last oven even cost. This oven was over $2000.00 & burning out in less than 10 years with the cost of repairs ridiculous. Something is just not right.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

2018 Kenmore Elite Convection Oven. Purchased 3-2018. Problem 1. Double convection bakes terrible. Chicken still raw after 1 1/2 hours. 350 deg. Problem 2. When oven heats up I can NOT open the warmer drawer. Oven swells underneath. When oven cools then I can open it. Problem 3. Extended warranty is a joke. They would not allow us to return this brand new stove. Been fighting with them since April 2018. So $500.00 in parts sent to house. 3 Repairmen to do a 3 hours job that took 6 1/2 hours. 1 repairman sat in the van the entire time. Never came into our home.

Problem 4. After putting in NEW damaged parts and turning on stove to heat it up the drawer once again would not open. So now supervisor is sending in a refund ticket. Hi he Warranty Department can refuse us again if they feel they want to. Problem 5. Sears Repair will schedule their own appointments with you without telling you. You’ll get an automated phone call the day before confirming the repair appointment that you NEVER made! Fingers crossed that we can be rid of this stove and Sears very soon! FYI: Don’t fall victim to Sears and their Warranty Plans! I will update.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I tried to contact customer service and was transferred 6 times, then hung up on! The Kenmore Elite Range of 5 years almost burned my home down this morning. When I called to ask for assistance to determine if the range was safe to be in my home, they wanted to charge me $25 to just talk to someone! Then, they wanted to charge me $89.99 to send some to my home! Yes, I am furious that this company just wanted to collect money and would not help. My home has smoke damage, which I now have to clean due to the malfunction. I will never purchase a Kenmore product again!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have a Kenmore 79041053101, the oven locked (5f error code), had to use YouTube to open it, the top burners are difficult to maintain. Repairman fees from Sears is insane $80 are. I have been informed that to replace control board it will cost about $500. It came with the house, 4 yrs old but I will not repair and will never purchase a Kenmore appliance.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I bought an electric slide in oven a few years ago, and ever since, the oven temperature does not run true. I had to purchase several oven thermometers to see what the correct temperature was. The MAIN issue that really scares me is the self-cleaning button is too easily activated and locks the oven door. It gets extremely hot and is extremely hard to shut it off. One time, we had to call a neighbor to help us pull the unit out to shut it off. I hate that the digital buttons are located in front so when I wipe anything down to clean it, it activates ALL of the features and I have to constantly push the stop button to cancel out the functions.

The clock quit working also. I will never buy another Kenmore product after my experience with this oven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had a Kenmore Range MOD# 790.9611. It turned on while my child and I were not home and burned our apartment down to the stud, leaving us homeless and with absolutely nothing. Everything we had is gone and Kenmore doesn't want to take responsibility for their product. Mind you I have not used the stove in several months because we do not eat at home during the summer.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Bought a Frigidaire appliance package for a new home build in 2008. 36" Cooktop, 30" Double wall oven, Dishwasher, and side by side Fridge. All in stainless steel. Had to replace the wall oven within 4 years, replaced dishwasher a year later. Cooktop is now on its second service for a product recall and will most likely be replaced very soon. Fridge quit making ice within 6 years. Replaced wall oven with Kenmore Pro (another Frigidaire/Electrolux product). It had to be serviced within a year and is crapping out again but is now out of warranty. Sure don't make stuff like they used to. Rest assured that my replacements will not have those names attached. >$10,000 in 10 years time on appliances is pretty ridiculous. I gave them 2 stars because they are helpful and nice when I call for recall service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Purchased from Sears. Within two years, out of warranty, the front panel of the warmer drawer started to rust so we had to buy a new part and pay to have it replaced. Now the top of the control panel is rusting. Costs $300 to replace. Don't buy Kenmore without an extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

On 1-28-18 we bought a NEW Kenmore Elite Convection Oven with Warmer Drawer. also bought the Warranty Protection. Total sale $2,084.43. First one came damaged. March 2018 received the second one. Good shape, but the delivery guys left clear tape on the inside and left the oven on. When I opened the door the gasket pull off the oven. Took 2 service call to get one installed right. Glass Top is a pain in the butt to clean. You have to use Kenmore Cleaner. Nothing Else Works. Convection (Double Fan) is horrible. Bakes Terrible. No matter how much I try either things are way overdone or doughy in the middle. I hate it. I have had a convection oven for 17 years and I have loved every minute of it. Used convection at all time. Not with this oven! It's is just beyond me how it is so terrible.

Sears repair guys came 5 times so far. Now the bottom drawer is rubbing on the underside of the oven where the heating element is. When the oven heats it is expanding the metal under the oven. Now they tell me it will be a "Major Rebuild". I was told my a Warranty Supervisor (Alisha) that if the tech came out and confirmed that the problem was indeed what I was saying I would be issued a refund ticket for a new or different oven. Well now they (Milly a different Supervisor) are saying that in order to issue that the oven will have to go under the same repair 4 times in order for that to happen! So 2 repair guys will be coming this month and it will take 3+ hours to repair a defective oven at the cost of about $400.00. The repair guy said he has never done this before so he is bringing another guy with him.

So yet another day interrupted by a Sears Repairman that should not even be repairing this oven. We should be able to return it for a full refund or an exchange. Oh and the repair guy first attempted to fix the drawer by bending the sides with a block of wood. Now the drawer is bent and the issue was never the drawer, but the bottom element causing the oven to warp downward against the drawer. It is worse than before he came! When the oven cools it pops back up. It is a factory defect and we should not be treated this way! I stopped using the convection after one repair guy reset it over 35 degrees upward. My cookies were burnt in 2.5 minutes and doughy in the middle. I reset it back to factory temp and gave up. The oven bakes fine at reg bake, but the convection part of it sucks! I have spent hours on the phone with Sears Warranty.

I have gone through things like, "We can't find your information," "You didn't buy a new oven," lost information, complaints not being documented after they say they are writing it down on our account. Either they lie about their names or the next person lies about now knowing another Supervisor. I request a Supervisor and they stall and keep asking me how they can help me. Oh and if you call Sears Warranty and get a gal named Kathleen, just hang up and call again until you get a different person. She is the worst. She can't find anything. She can't type even your number in right. I have dealt with her enough to know just to hang up. If you tick her off she'll say she is transferring you, but you'll be disconnected.

We are now considering loading up our oven on a dolly and taking it back to the Sears Showroom with all the receipts and demanding a refund. Wish us luck. DON"T BUY FROM SEARS!!! We have been Sears customers since 1976 and loved them. Now they are the worst company ever! Customers are NOT important to them and neither is keeping their word! Warranty Persons Names to take note of: Kathleen, Milly and Alisha (who now doesn't exist according to Milly).

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

After replacing my Kenmore Elite slide in oven/stove because it was a lemon with too many issues to enumerate, I foolishly choose the next generation thinking it was improved. This stove cannot maintain a temperature for more than 10 minutes before it begins a "preheat" function and it begins to try to come to temp by firing up the top and/or bottom heating elements effectively ruining any delicate baked goods like cookies or cakes. I will never ever buy a Kenmore product again. In addition even though they market a five element stove top, if you have 2 elements on high and the oven on, the entire unit blows the breakers and fuses (and it is not our wiring/breakers that are malfunctioning). Worst product ever!

Kenmore Ovens Company Information