Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Ovens

Kenmore Ovens
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Ovens Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2019

I like the oven. It look like it will go with my kitchen setting. My thought is it a good product. They cook very well. If anyone need a stove buy the appliance. The quality is very nice and beautiful appliance get it in silver.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My glass top oven is really and has never given a problem since I have owned it. It the best stove and greatly recommended it. I love the double burner so I can go from small to large cooking for dinner.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

In the fall of 2017, we underwent a kitchen remodel and as part of that, had a Kenmore Electric Built-In Oven Model 790.4942 installed. So, it is only barely over a year old. Since the beginning we have had issues with it. The first time I used the self-clean function, about 3 months after installation, large brown spots appeared between the inner and outer glass on the front of the oven. A technician came out and said this was the result of using the self-clean function and not to use it! He said it was a problem and he didn't know why Kenmore kept using this function, with the same result!

Since then, I had food consistently undercooked and purchased an oven thermometer. After following the instructions, I found that if setting the oven for 350 degrees, it only came to 325 degrees, so I followed the instructions to re-calibrate it, by upping the temperature 20 degrees. Then, things were cooking through, but scorching/burning on the bottom, so once again I used the oven thermometer and it indicated that although the oven was set for 350 degrees, it was now cooking at 375 degrees! I can't seem to get it right and I'm frustrated. We paid $1,000 for this oven and it is not nearly as good or efficient as my GE 13 year old oven in the house I previously lived in!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We purchased this 40" range from Sears & Roebuck brand new with other appliances. They have had problems too & are all too expensive for what you get any more with too many digital, sensitive, & failing parts. We have been purchasing Kenmore products for over 35 years before purchasing these new products. The problems started after the range was less than three years old, but out of warranty. The bake element melted & burned out & melted. The cost of the part alone was over $60.00 for the element.

Then three months later the range caught on fire again & the element burned again (the oven was not even turned on), this time the control board & some wiring between the element & the control board also burned. Now in addition to the element needing replacement again, the control board & wiring needs replacement. The cost of the control board alone is nearly $500.00. That is more than the last oven even cost. This oven was over $2000.00 & burning out in less than 10 years with the cost of repairs ridiculous. Something is just not right.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I tried to contact customer service and was transferred 6 times, then hung up on! The Kenmore Elite Range of 5 years almost burned my home down this morning. When I called to ask for assistance to determine if the range was safe to be in my home, they wanted to charge me $25 to just talk to someone! Then, they wanted to charge me $89.99 to send some to my home! Yes, I am furious that this company just wanted to collect money and would not help. My home has smoke damage, which I now have to clean due to the malfunction. I will never purchase a Kenmore product again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

2018 Kenmore Elite Convection Oven. Purchased 3-2018. Problem 1. Double convection bakes terrible. Chicken still raw after 1 1/2 hours. 350 deg. Problem 2. When oven heats up I can NOT open the warmer drawer. Oven swells underneath. When oven cools then I can open it. Problem 3. Extended warranty is a joke. They would not allow us to return this brand new stove. Been fighting with them since April 2018. So $500.00 in parts sent to house. 3 Repairmen to do a 3 hours job that took 6 1/2 hours. 1 repairman sat in the van the entire time. Never came into our home.

Problem 4. After putting in NEW damaged parts and turning on stove to heat it up the drawer once again would not open. So now supervisor is sending in a refund ticket. Hi he Warranty Department can refuse us again if they feel they want to. Problem 5. Sears Repair will schedule their own appointments with you without telling you. You’ll get an automated phone call the day before confirming the repair appointment that you NEVER made! Fingers crossed that we can be rid of this stove and Sears very soon! FYI: Don’t fall victim to Sears and their Warranty Plans! I will update.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have a Kenmore 79041053101, the oven locked (5f error code), had to use YouTube to open it, the top burners are difficult to maintain. Repairman fees from Sears is insane $80 are. I have been informed that to replace control board it will cost about $500. It came with the house, 4 yrs old but I will not repair and will never purchase a Kenmore appliance.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I bought an electric slide in oven a few years ago, and ever since, the oven temperature does not run true. I had to purchase several oven thermometers to see what the correct temperature was. The MAIN issue that really scares me is the self-cleaning button is too easily activated and locks the oven door. It gets extremely hot and is extremely hard to shut it off. One time, we had to call a neighbor to help us pull the unit out to shut it off. I hate that the digital buttons are located in front so when I wipe anything down to clean it, it activates ALL of the features and I have to constantly push the stop button to cancel out the functions.

The clock quit working also. I will never buy another Kenmore product after my experience with this oven.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had a Kenmore Range MOD# 790.9611. It turned on while my child and I were not home and burned our apartment down to the stud, leaving us homeless and with absolutely nothing. Everything we had is gone and Kenmore doesn't want to take responsibility for their product. Mind you I have not used the stove in several months because we do not eat at home during the summer.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Bought a Frigidaire appliance package for a new home build in 2008. 36" Cooktop, 30" Double wall oven, Dishwasher, and side by side Fridge. All in stainless steel. Had to replace the wall oven within 4 years, replaced dishwasher a year later. Cooktop is now on its second service for a product recall and will most likely be replaced very soon. Fridge quit making ice within 6 years. Replaced wall oven with Kenmore Pro (another Frigidaire/Electrolux product). It had to be serviced within a year and is crapping out again but is now out of warranty. Sure don't make stuff like they used to. Rest assured that my replacements will not have those names attached. >$10,000 in 10 years time on appliances is pretty ridiculous. I gave them 2 stars because they are helpful and nice when I call for recall service.

Kenmore Ovens Company Information