Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Kenmore Ovens
1.42/5

Kenmore Ovens

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

456 Kenmore Ovens Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

I bought a Kenmore 79032613318, slide in range for over $1300. I had shopped around but knew the kenmore brand for years and felt this would be a good choice. I bought in June of 2016 and by the end of the summer of 2017 none of the range control buttons worked. So basically all I had was a stove and no oven. I researched the possible problem and found that either the electronic controller or the cover panel itself was bad (that is where the touch screen buttons are housed). The controller cost 227 and the control panel cost 337. I took a gamble and replaced the controller. Still not working, now Sears is telling me to replace the control panel. So if I decide to do this I will have over $500 into a range that lasted less than year....Think I won't be buying any sears products in the near future and will just move on and buy new range somewhere else....Got hosed on that deal for sure.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I purchased this range about six months ago, because I had an earlier model and loved it. Not so much this time. The oven bakes/roasts very unevenly, unless I use the convection feature. Recently, we found out the stovetop burner knobs are rendered useless VERY easily and VERY expensive to replace. There is a thin sheath inside the knob that fits over the shaft that controls the burner heat. This sheath often stays on the shaft when the knob is removed for cleaning. The first time it happened was by our cleaning lady, and she didn't notice that the knob was loose when she replaced it.

We later figured out that the sheath had come out of the knob and just got lost. Now I am finding the sheath often stays on the shaft when I remove the knob and has to be replaced in the knob. It is very, very thin. We had to order a replacement knob and it cost $40!! $30 for the knob and $10 to ship. Not happy at all and will not recommend this product. Sad, because I have always had Kenmore appliances. No more.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We purchased our wall oven from Sears with the expectation of quality of their name and the backing of their outside manufactures making products for them. I noticed the house smelled like wood burning and thought it might be our fireplace. The smell progressively grew stronger and stronger over the months as we used the oven. Last week I got scared and called a local appliance repairman and he asked if my oven was clean, as most of his calls are from something falling onto the heating element(s). I cleaned the oven as a precaution. My son came home from college for the weekend that night and used the oven to bake a dessert, the kitchen filled with smoke and again smelled like burnt wood.

Monday the appliance repairman found the problem and said we were lucky the house did not burn down. The bottom of the oven dropped down allowing the heating element and bottom liner of the oven to transfer heat to the under cover as seen in the pictures attached. First two are the charred and burnt cabinet, third is the hot spot under the oven where heat transfer happened, the last three are the sunken bottom and heating element.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Purchased Kenmore Electric Range Model 79094182310 Nov. 2017. Within 1 yr after using Self-Clean feature which resulted in scorched area to the top of oven door on left side, I called for service. This scorched panel was replaced and I was told not to use self-clean function???! During 2018 I continued using the oven, replaced the bulb and still getting scorched/brown areas on top panel of the oven door even at temps of 425 and above. Called again and tech from Indianapolis came, checked thoroughly, called for research info about this oven, advised that the oven door seems ok but heat exhaust from oven is faulty/insufficiently constructed and there is no repair/solution. This faulty electric range should be recalled and replaced.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I bought the most expensive and top of the line stove over 3k with the thought of getting the best product they offer. If this is Sears Kenmore best I feel very sorry for anyone that paid less. Dual convection fans but cooks uneven. Takes 20 min to come up to full temp if it’s at 400 and told by Sears service tech this is normal. My 20 year old Jenn-Air it replaced took 8 min to come up to 450. The front panel looks like hell after 1 year. My dog can swipe his nose across it and turn on burners. It’s a safety hazard as done it when a towel was on the burner. The top glass if you look at it wrong it will scratch. I use aluminum bottom Swiss diamond pots and pans never made a mark on the Jenn-Air and this thing looks worse now after 2 years than my 20 year old glass did on the old stove that had cast iron used on it now and then.

This is the finest Chinese garbage ever made. You just cannot buy a quality product anymore no matter what you pay. I tried to get the glass replaced and fix the stove and no luck. I will never buy another Sears/Kenmore product ever again and go out of my way to tell others how poor of a product this really is. Had the Jenn-Air not got the top smashed when I put it out in the shed it would be back in place of this piece of junk and be outside with a big sign on it saying how terrible Sears products and service is now. No wonder Craftsman tools went to Lowe’s and no wonder Sears is now barely above water. Done with them completely. I should have learned my lesson on the terrible Elite dishwasher we have and all the issues with that thing but tried to give them another chance as back 20 years ago products from them lasted forever compared to other brands.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: March 26, 2019

I like the oven. It look like it will go with my kitchen setting. My thought is it a good product. They cook very well. If anyone need a stove buy the appliance. The quality is very nice and beautiful appliance get it in silver.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My glass top oven is really and has never given a problem since I have owned it. It the best stove and greatly recommended it. I love the double burner so I can go from small to large cooking for dinner.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

In the fall of 2017, we underwent a kitchen remodel and as part of that, had a Kenmore Electric Built-In Oven Model 790.4942 installed. So, it is only barely over a year old. Since the beginning we have had issues with it. The first time I used the self-clean function, about 3 months after installation, large brown spots appeared between the inner and outer glass on the front of the oven. A technician came out and said this was the result of using the self-clean function and not to use it! He said it was a problem and he didn't know why Kenmore kept using this function, with the same result!

Since then, I had food consistently undercooked and purchased an oven thermometer. After following the instructions, I found that if setting the oven for 350 degrees, it only came to 325 degrees, so I followed the instructions to re-calibrate it, by upping the temperature 20 degrees. Then, things were cooking through, but scorching/burning on the bottom, so once again I used the oven thermometer and it indicated that although the oven was set for 350 degrees, it was now cooking at 375 degrees! I can't seem to get it right and I'm frustrated. We paid $1,000 for this oven and it is not nearly as good or efficient as my GE 13 year old oven in the house I previously lived in!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We purchased this 40" range from Sears & Roebuck brand new with other appliances. They have had problems too & are all too expensive for what you get any more with too many digital, sensitive, & failing parts. We have been purchasing Kenmore products for over 35 years before purchasing these new products. The problems started after the range was less than three years old, but out of warranty. The bake element melted & burned out & melted. The cost of the part alone was over $60.00 for the element.

Then three months later the range caught on fire again & the element burned again (the oven was not even turned on), this time the control board & some wiring between the element & the control board also burned. Now in addition to the element needing replacement again, the control board & wiring needs replacement. The cost of the control board alone is nearly $500.00. That is more than the last oven even cost. This oven was over $2000.00 & burning out in less than 10 years with the cost of repairs ridiculous. Something is just not right.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I tried to contact customer service and was transferred 6 times, then hung up on! The Kenmore Elite Range of 5 years almost burned my home down this morning. When I called to ask for assistance to determine if the range was safe to be in my home, they wanted to charge me $25 to just talk to someone! Then, they wanted to charge me $89.99 to send some to my home! Yes, I am furious that this company just wanted to collect money and would not help. My home has smoke damage, which I now have to clean due to the malfunction. I will never purchase a Kenmore product again!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

2018 Kenmore Elite Convection Oven. Purchased 3-2018. Problem 1. Double convection bakes terrible. Chicken still raw after 1 1/2 hours. 350 deg. Problem 2. When oven heats up I can NOT open the warmer drawer. Oven swells underneath. When oven cools then I can open it. Problem 3. Extended warranty is a joke. They would not allow us to return this brand new stove. Been fighting with them since April 2018. So $500.00 in parts sent to house. 3 Repairmen to do a 3 hours job that took 6 1/2 hours. 1 repairman sat in the van the entire time. Never came into our home.

Problem 4. After putting in NEW damaged parts and turning on stove to heat it up the drawer once again would not open. So now supervisor is sending in a refund ticket. Hi he Warranty Department can refuse us again if they feel they want to. Problem 5. Sears Repair will schedule their own appointments with you without telling you. You’ll get an automated phone call the day before confirming the repair appointment that you NEVER made! Fingers crossed that we can be rid of this stove and Sears very soon! FYI: Don’t fall victim to Sears and their Warranty Plans! I will update.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I have a Kenmore 79041053101, the oven locked (5f error code), had to use YouTube to open it, the top burners are difficult to maintain. Repairman fees from Sears is insane $80 are. I have been informed that to replace control board it will cost about $500. It came with the house, 4 yrs old but I will not repair and will never purchase a Kenmore appliance.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I bought an electric slide in oven a few years ago, and ever since, the oven temperature does not run true. I had to purchase several oven thermometers to see what the correct temperature was. The MAIN issue that really scares me is the self-cleaning button is too easily activated and locks the oven door. It gets extremely hot and is extremely hard to shut it off. One time, we had to call a neighbor to help us pull the unit out to shut it off. I hate that the digital buttons are located in front so when I wipe anything down to clean it, it activates ALL of the features and I have to constantly push the stop button to cancel out the functions.

The clock quit working also. I will never buy another Kenmore product after my experience with this oven.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had a Kenmore Range MOD# 790.9611. It turned on while my child and I were not home and burned our apartment down to the stud, leaving us homeless and with absolutely nothing. Everything we had is gone and Kenmore doesn't want to take responsibility for their product. Mind you I have not used the stove in several months because we do not eat at home during the summer.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Bought a Frigidaire appliance package for a new home build in 2008. 36" Cooktop, 30" Double wall oven, Dishwasher, and side by side Fridge. All in stainless steel. Had to replace the wall oven within 4 years, replaced dishwasher a year later. Cooktop is now on its second service for a product recall and will most likely be replaced very soon. Fridge quit making ice within 6 years. Replaced wall oven with Kenmore Pro (another Frigidaire/Electrolux product). It had to be serviced within a year and is crapping out again but is now out of warranty. Sure don't make stuff like they used to. Rest assured that my replacements will not have those names attached. >$10,000 in 10 years time on appliances is pretty ridiculous. I gave them 2 stars because they are helpful and nice when I call for recall service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Purchased from Sears. Within two years, out of warranty, the front panel of the warmer drawer started to rust so we had to buy a new part and pay to have it replaced. Now the top of the control panel is rusting. Costs $300 to replace. Don't buy Kenmore without an extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

After replacing my Kenmore Elite slide in oven/stove because it was a lemon with too many issues to enumerate, I foolishly choose the next generation thinking it was improved. This stove cannot maintain a temperature for more than 10 minutes before it begins a "preheat" function and it begins to try to come to temp by firing up the top and/or bottom heating elements effectively ruining any delicate baked goods like cookies or cakes. I will never ever buy a Kenmore product again. In addition even though they market a five element stove top, if you have 2 elements on high and the oven on, the entire unit blows the breakers and fuses (and it is not our wiring/breakers that are malfunctioning). Worst product ever!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

On 1-28-18 we bought a NEW Kenmore Elite Convection Oven with Warmer Drawer. also bought the Warranty Protection. Total sale $2,084.43. First one came damaged. March 2018 received the second one. Good shape, but the delivery guys left clear tape on the inside and left the oven on. When I opened the door the gasket pull off the oven. Took 2 service call to get one installed right. Glass Top is a pain in the butt to clean. You have to use Kenmore Cleaner. Nothing Else Works. Convection (Double Fan) is horrible. Bakes Terrible. No matter how much I try either things are way overdone or doughy in the middle. I hate it. I have had a convection oven for 17 years and I have loved every minute of it. Used convection at all time. Not with this oven! It's is just beyond me how it is so terrible.

Sears repair guys came 5 times so far. Now the bottom drawer is rubbing on the underside of the oven where the heating element is. When the oven heats it is expanding the metal under the oven. Now they tell me it will be a "Major Rebuild". I was told my a Warranty Supervisor (Alisha) that if the tech came out and confirmed that the problem was indeed what I was saying I would be issued a refund ticket for a new or different oven. Well now they (Milly a different Supervisor) are saying that in order to issue that the oven will have to go under the same repair 4 times in order for that to happen! So 2 repair guys will be coming this month and it will take 3+ hours to repair a defective oven at the cost of about $400.00. The repair guy said he has never done this before so he is bringing another guy with him.

So yet another day interrupted by a Sears Repairman that should not even be repairing this oven. We should be able to return it for a full refund or an exchange. Oh and the repair guy first attempted to fix the drawer by bending the sides with a block of wood. Now the drawer is bent and the issue was never the drawer, but the bottom element causing the oven to warp downward against the drawer. It is worse than before he came! When the oven cools it pops back up. It is a factory defect and we should not be treated this way! I stopped using the convection after one repair guy reset it over 35 degrees upward. My cookies were burnt in 2.5 minutes and doughy in the middle. I reset it back to factory temp and gave up. The oven bakes fine at reg bake, but the convection part of it sucks! I have spent hours on the phone with Sears Warranty.

I have gone through things like, "We can't find your information," "You didn't buy a new oven," lost information, complaints not being documented after they say they are writing it down on our account. Either they lie about their names or the next person lies about now knowing another Supervisor. I request a Supervisor and they stall and keep asking me how they can help me. Oh and if you call Sears Warranty and get a gal named Kathleen, just hang up and call again until you get a different person. She is the worst. She can't find anything. She can't type even your number in right. I have dealt with her enough to know just to hang up. If you tick her off she'll say she is transferring you, but you'll be disconnected.

We are now considering loading up our oven on a dolly and taking it back to the Sears Showroom with all the receipts and demanding a refund. Wish us luck. DON"T BUY FROM SEARS!!! We have been Sears customers since 1976 and loved them. Now they are the worst company ever! Customers are NOT important to them and neither is keeping their word! Warranty Persons Names to take note of: Kathleen, Milly and Alisha (who now doesn't exist according to Milly).

Original review: July 23, 2018

The stove (2011 Kenmore Elite white double oven stove) was purchased in 8/2011. The puppet oven no longer heats up quickly and takes 45-60 minutes to heat to the desired temperature. Unfortunately, the model number has worn off, and Sears cannot give me a correct model for the double, not single, oven from their records. Therefore, the repair guy left without having done anything except charging $99.00 for the house call. I guess I am going to have to use the one oven that works until it doesn’t. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I bought back in 2005 a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and oven from Sears. All Kenmore. Well let's see. The refrigerator starting rusting on the outside in about 5 yrs. then the microwave handle broke in about 6 yrs. and the dishwasher panel on the bottom all the paint flaked off and now the oven that I have hardly used has a hole in the inside of the oven... It's a flippin' crack. Rust and more rust where the racks slide... I will never purchase anything from Sears again... This is junk...

Original review: July 12, 2018

I purchased an expensive Kenmore Elite electric stove/oven in 2009 and have had many problems and have spent much money on repairs. Until recently I was unaware of the numerous complaints and lawsuits filed with similar issues. My top burner does not turn off, but remains on and on high. The burner has also turned on by itself when not being used. I have called with my concern for the safety of my family as I believe this to be a fire hazard. I believe this appliance should be recalled, but I have been told that my appliance does not have the model # of the ones that are recalled. We are waiting for another service member but in the meantime worry about the hazard this poses to my family! Sears has offered no help or concern as they believe my appliance is not one of the many recalled. I fear for the safety of my home and family.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased this Kenmore 94173 range online and so wish I did not. My old oven's control panel exploded and I decided to get a new oven versus repairing the old one. I do like the stove. My one issue is keeping the black glass top smudge/fingerprint free. The glass top is just about impossible to keep shiny. I have tried the recommended glass top cleaners by Kenmore and they have failed horribly. No matter which product I have tried, nothing so far has removed the smudges. Even though the glass top is clean, it looks terrible. Really disappointed that Kenmore does not realize the frustration of black glass tops. Now I place teapots and the like on the stove to hide Kenmore's idiocy.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Purchased Kenmore Electric Range Model 9622 Sept. 2007. First use of self-cleaning burned the paint off panel above oven vent (which happens to be RIGHT UNDER THE MAIN CONTROL PANEL!!! Same vent drips profusely during use of oven. Days before Thanksgiving, either 2013, or 2014, large eye on left makes a loud pop, then stops working. Thought it would be no biggie. (Didn't purchase extended warranty). It was a REAL BIGGIE. The problem was in the main control panel. $650 to repair. Twice what I paid for the stove originally!

(Should have just sold it without eye working and used the money to offset new range). Yesterday, while trying to heat the oven just to 375°, it made a HUGE pop and tripped my breaker. It did that twice, then, shut down 2 more times with same loud pop, without tripping the fuse. The last hoorah was when IT WASN'T EVEN BEING USED!!! Same loud pop, and completely shut off. Pulled it out from the wall to find an electrical burn on the wall, and hole burned through the cover plate. Inside, the piece to hold one of the sets of wires is completely melted.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Power went out due to windstorm and when it came back on I realized my Kenmore Elite 42562 4.6 cu. ft. Slide in Electric Range wouldn't work. Sears sent a repairman and it was about $900.00 to repair since it was the electronic controls. The range cost $2000.00 and I had it for just over a year so I wanted it fixed. They said I needed 4 parts, but after almost 2 months I had only received 1 part. Eating out is expensive so it was frustrating. Then I received a call from customer service saying they can't get the parts. Customer service is having the part picked up tomorrow by UPS and will then credit me, but I assume I will be out the cost of my range. I am beyond frustrated and when I looked online tonight the range is still for sale. Do not buy this range!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Sear Kenmore Elite Range 79032363E410 - Oven does not keep temperature at all. One time it just canceled program on its own. Oven is off 20-30 degrees. Tech told me to buy a regular temperature oven gauge which I did. It was off 50 degrees. My oven has been repaired 4 times. They have replaced coils, motherboard and even top ignitor, etc. They told me one more time and I could get a new one. I am having them come out once again to repair because it is doing same thing. I bought extended warranty and glad I did. This is the worst oven.

Originally bought different oven and it was defective and they kept on delivering 4 bad ovens. So they upgraded me to this one so basically this is my 5th oven! If you have a choice-DO NOT BUY any Sears appliance products because I purchased 5 Kenmore Elite products when remodeling and all but my dishwasher had to be repaired or replaced more than once. You can go online to check numbers to see who makes them. Mostly LG makes Kenmore. LG is also bad product. Spend the money if you have and go with a really good oven brand.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Kenmore double wall oven 790.49529312 only 2 years old will not maintain temp. Licensed repairman told me that Kenmore places its name on multiple makes and found it to actually be a Frigidaire product. Guy came to home replaced motherboard for $300.00. Did not fix the problem so used Sears chat to assist w/ diagnosing issue, now being told temp sensors for $132.00 for parts only, need 1 for each oven need to be replaced. Issue is oven will hold temp when empty but try to cook anything in it and it will drop to 200 degrees. Told humidity affects the way oven picks up temp readings. $2799.00 originally priced piece of garbage. Can't talk to actual person unless you can understand a thick India accent. Do not buy from Sears.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

This is the worst stove I have ever had, the oven control panel went out one year and two weeks after purchase from Sears, replaced the oven panel cost over $100.00. One year later it has gone out again. BAD BAD STOVE... DO Not buy this stove.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I wanted to buy a new oven for my 88 year old mother who lives in a mobile home. There was only one model, Kenmore 24inch, white, gas model that fit her space. This oven was bought site unseen as there were no floor models available. Installed and with all the extra charges the cost was $1600. The oven itself was 1499.00. I live in another area so upon visiting my mother and seeing the new oven which has absolutely NO BELLS OR WHISTLES. This is a basic on off oven and broiler. OH it does have a clock... What a piece of garbage!!!

The design is stupid with broiler in a bottom drawer, it's barely hot enough on HI to broil anything, the door corners were chipped, the oven glass steams up when using the broiler, the temperature gauge is way off in the oven, the installation looks cheap and incomplete. If I had seen all of this within the 30 day return period this oven would be returned... But my only recourse now is to inform anyone who might be considering this oven to consider that the only pro...is that it is cheap in every way!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a Kenmore Elite 14 months ago and used the self cleaning for the first time and when I opened the oven after the cleaning cycle was completed the paint on the bottom of the oven was blistered. I have made over 10 calls to Kenmore/Sears and have gotten nowhere because I didn't purchase the extended warranty, so now I have a $1700 oven that I can't use. Kenmore and Sears need to stand behind their products. To everyone that I have shown the pictures of the inside they all say this is a defect and not to use the oven since it's getting too hot that the paint blistered.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We installed a Kenmore gas range top. It is stainless steel and looks spectacular. The range performs extremely well and the temperatures seem to be very accurate. As for the value, again, I think things are grossly overpriced. We have owned this range for over 10 years and have never had the first service call.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is one of the oldest names in the cooking appliances industry, with a history stretching back more than 100 years. Its re-introduced range of cooking appliances dominated the home market during the economic boom after World War II.

• Dedicated product lines: Kenmore's product lines are each tailored for a specific consumer profile, and the company's engineers work to ensure that each customer can find a device perfectly suited to his or her requirements.

• Generous Warranties: Kenmore offers a one year manufacturer's warranty on most cooking appliances, and a two year replacement warranty on ceramic and glass cook tops.

• Convenient support: Kenmore's relationship with Sears often allows consumers to visit Sears brick and mortar locations to receive in-person technical support and maintenance.

• Rewards programs: Kenmore is known for maintaining robust buying rewards programs, allowing consumers to accumulate points that can be redeemed for cash back, special discounts and other perks.

• Award winning: Kenmore is a frequent recipient of industry rewards and has received accolades from Consumers Digest and Women's Choice, among others.

• Flexible shipping and installation: Kenmore offers a variety of ways for buyers to receive and install their cooking appliances. Its close partnership with Sears means that buyers can easily schedule in-home appointments with local personnel.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs