Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
Kenmore Ovens
1.41/5

Kenmore Ovens

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Kenmore Ovens Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

This was a brand new unit in my brand new house. From day one I had problems with both the oven and microwave. First-after using the microwave for a couple weeks, I noticed the handle had become loose. No problem I thought, I'll just tighten the screws-nope. The screws are not accessible. They are hidden under the plastic frame and are not able to get to. I called Sears' authorized service, they came out, and because of the poor design flaw, they had to replace the entire door=$500.00, which was covered. Now the oven, it never has heated properly and when I went to use it, it made a loud humming noise, then when I went to use the broiler, the cooling fan you could hear, was scraping against the sides of something inside. Once again, Sears service was called, came out, had to order a new fan/motor. To access the fan/motor, they had to pull the unit from the wall, and in doing so, tore my wall up a little bit.

When they sat it on the floor to work on it, they didn't put anything under it and there were major dents in my new luxury vinyl flooring. They got it repaired, re-installed it and it worked fine until yesterday. The microwave door handle is loose again also. I called Sears service yesterday and explained to them it's doing the exact same thing it was when they were here before. The representative informed me it would be a service charge of something like $250.00/hr. I couldn't believe it-I told him it's doing the same thing it did before. Their response- their repairs only have a 90 day warranty. I told him I wasn't paying for what obviously is a poorly designed appliance. I informed him I would contact my attorney. Bottom line- every mechanical and electrical device will have its issues over time, to me, it's about how the manufacturer stands behind their product. Will not buy a Sears product again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have a dual fuel model 790.75603 oven, the oven was great for almost 8 years. Loved the dual ovens and the gas top. In Jan of this year we woke up to a beeping noise and noticed the oven was on self clean mode, could't shut if off. My husband had to pull the oven out and unplug it. The tech came out. The oven was fine. The second time I came home and the oven was on self clean mode (that was scary) the third time we were sleeping! Reading all these reviews can't believe it hasn't been recalled! So my problem is no one makes a 40" stove anymore. If I replace it it would have to be with 36" stove and then I have a 2" gap on each side of my granite counter tops!!!! Yuhhh.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2019

Looks good but performs poorly. Difficulty coming to and staying at desired temperature (figure at least 20 minutes). The oven fans are very noisy and the oven takes a long time to cool down. Called service out twice to fix and they found nothing wrong. If you like to bake this is not the oven you would want.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I bought a Kenmore 79032613318, slide in range for over $1300. I had shopped around but knew the kenmore brand for years and felt this would be a good choice. I bought in June of 2016 and by the end of the summer of 2017 none of the range control buttons worked. So basically all I had was a stove and no oven. I researched the possible problem and found that either the electronic controller or the cover panel itself was bad (that is where the touch screen buttons are housed). The controller cost 227 and the control panel cost 337. I took a gamble and replaced the controller. Still not working, now Sears is telling me to replace the control panel. So if I decide to do this I will have over $500 into a range that lasted less than year....Think I won't be buying any sears products in the near future and will just move on and buy new range somewhere else....Got hosed on that deal for sure.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I purchased this range about six months ago, because I had an earlier model and loved it. Not so much this time. The oven bakes/roasts very unevenly, unless I use the convection feature. Recently, we found out the stovetop burner knobs are rendered useless VERY easily and VERY expensive to replace. There is a thin sheath inside the knob that fits over the shaft that controls the burner heat. This sheath often stays on the shaft when the knob is removed for cleaning. The first time it happened was by our cleaning lady, and she didn't notice that the knob was loose when she replaced it.

We later figured out that the sheath had come out of the knob and just got lost. Now I am finding the sheath often stays on the shaft when I remove the knob and has to be replaced in the knob. It is very, very thin. We had to order a replacement knob and it cost $40!! $30 for the knob and $10 to ship. Not happy at all and will not recommend this product. Sad, because I have always had Kenmore appliances. No more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: June 17, 2019

We purchased our wall oven from Sears with the expectation of quality of their name and the backing of their outside manufactures making products for them. I noticed the house smelled like wood burning and thought it might be our fireplace. The smell progressively grew stronger and stronger over the months as we used the oven. Last week I got scared and called a local appliance repairman and he asked if my oven was clean, as most of his calls are from something falling onto the heating element(s). I cleaned the oven as a precaution. My son came home from college for the weekend that night and used the oven to bake a dessert, the kitchen filled with smoke and again smelled like burnt wood.

Monday the appliance repairman found the problem and said we were lucky the house did not burn down. The bottom of the oven dropped down allowing the heating element and bottom liner of the oven to transfer heat to the under cover as seen in the pictures attached. First two are the charred and burnt cabinet, third is the hot spot under the oven where heat transfer happened, the last three are the sunken bottom and heating element.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Purchased Kenmore Electric Range Model 79094182310 Nov. 2017. Within 1 yr after using Self-Clean feature which resulted in scorched area to the top of oven door on left side, I called for service. This scorched panel was replaced and I was told not to use self-clean function???! During 2018 I continued using the oven, replaced the bulb and still getting scorched/brown areas on top panel of the oven door even at temps of 425 and above. Called again and tech from Indianapolis came, checked thoroughly, called for research info about this oven, advised that the oven door seems ok but heat exhaust from oven is faulty/insufficiently constructed and there is no repair/solution. This faulty electric range should be recalled and replaced.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I bought the most expensive and top of the line stove over 3k with the thought of getting the best product they offer. If this is Sears Kenmore best I feel very sorry for anyone that paid less. Dual convection fans but cooks uneven. Takes 20 min to come up to full temp if it’s at 400 and told by Sears service tech this is normal. My 20 year old Jenn-Air it replaced took 8 min to come up to 450. The front panel looks like hell after 1 year. My dog can swipe his nose across it and turn on burners. It’s a safety hazard as done it when a towel was on the burner. The top glass if you look at it wrong it will scratch. I use aluminum bottom Swiss diamond pots and pans never made a mark on the Jenn-Air and this thing looks worse now after 2 years than my 20 year old glass did on the old stove that had cast iron used on it now and then.

This is the finest Chinese garbage ever made. You just cannot buy a quality product anymore no matter what you pay. I tried to get the glass replaced and fix the stove and no luck. I will never buy another Sears/Kenmore product ever again and go out of my way to tell others how poor of a product this really is. Had the Jenn-Air not got the top smashed when I put it out in the shed it would be back in place of this piece of junk and be outside with a big sign on it saying how terrible Sears products and service is now. No wonder Craftsman tools went to Lowe’s and no wonder Sears is now barely above water. Done with them completely. I should have learned my lesson on the terrible Elite dishwasher we have and all the issues with that thing but tried to give them another chance as back 20 years ago products from them lasted forever compared to other brands.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I like the oven. It look like it will go with my kitchen setting. My thought is it a good product. They cook very well. If anyone need a stove buy the appliance. The quality is very nice and beautiful appliance get it in silver.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My glass top oven is really and has never given a problem since I have owned it. It the best stove and greatly recommended it. I love the double burner so I can go from small to large cooking for dinner.

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is one of the oldest names in the cooking appliances industry, with a history stretching back more than 100 years. Its re-introduced range of cooking appliances dominated the home market during the economic boom after World War II.

• Dedicated product lines: Kenmore's product lines are each tailored for a specific consumer profile, and the company's engineers work to ensure that each customer can find a device perfectly suited to his or her requirements.

• Generous Warranties: Kenmore offers a one year manufacturer's warranty on most cooking appliances, and a two year replacement warranty on ceramic and glass cook tops.

• Convenient support: Kenmore's relationship with Sears often allows consumers to visit Sears brick and mortar locations to receive in-person technical support and maintenance.

• Rewards programs: Kenmore is known for maintaining robust buying rewards programs, allowing consumers to accumulate points that can be redeemed for cash back, special discounts and other perks.

• Award winning: Kenmore is a frequent recipient of industry rewards and has received accolades from Consumers Digest and Women's Choice, among others.

• Flexible shipping and installation: Kenmore offers a variety of ways for buyers to receive and install their cooking appliances. Its close partnership with Sears means that buyers can easily schedule in-home appointments with local personnel.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs