Kenmore Ovens

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Range is horrible. Nothing but problems. The igniter went on it 3 times... the safety value went twice on top and bottom... Today it went and was leaking gas all day... Good thing nothing happen to my dog or my house. Piece of garbage. Waste of money. Should've complained more when I bought it. Now it's just an unsafe pile of trash... Don't buy.

This isn't dissatisfaction... it's a HAZARD. Broiler feed tube in back of oven has a hole which guessing formed when a piece of something landed on and reacted with aluminum. Turned broiler on... feed tube emitted gas through tube... broiler lit and whoosh large flame a good foot high and six inches wide emerged from back of oven... luckily I was standing right there. Turned burner and oven off. Flame went out in about 5 seconds... enough to scare the ** out of me! My range is a good 10 years in service... not a problem to be found until this. My opinion... a bulletin should be sent to all owners to check the broiler feed tube!!! Holy Guacamole if I wasn't there, the whole house could've gone up in propane flames. Btw to the editor, yes I'm sure GE does manufacture in the US but they do in Mexico, also... see tag.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Double Oven Gas Range in November 2011. I also bought an extended warranty. When the range was about 3 yr old the bottom oven failed to heat. It was repaired. Then this past October 2016, the bottom oven wouldn't heat. November 23rd it was repaired. I extended the warranty because with two repairs I wasn't confident with the range. Then on December 20th, I was using the top oven at 400 degrees, and everything was fine. I then turned on the bottom range at 350 degrees, and noticed it wasn't heating after about ten minutes. I opened the oven to see if it was hot. A ball of flames came out at me. I burnt my eyebrows and a good part of my hair. Luckily I was able to shut out any flames on me, and I closed the oven and shut it off.

I called Sears the next morning, rather shaken to report what I consider a safety issue. They scheduled a service call so a technician could access the problem. I told them I didn't want it repaired, only replaced. I got a bit of a runaround. They first came quickly then ordered parts. Sears says it is repairable. They scheduled me for Jan 5th, and I waited all day and no one showed. Today, someone came. I said "I didn't want it fixed." The service man called his supervisor, then Sears directly called me, and said as part of the process I must have it repaired then file a complaint.

When I called they said I should have refused the repair, because now it is deemed in working order. I said "I don't feel safe after my ordeal." The supervisor at customer service said even if I had a brand new stove, no one could guarantee my safety. Talk about confidence inspiring. I let them know I wasn't pleased with that. They then offered me a $630 credit towards a new stove. I paid $2,300. I didn't accept yet, because I don't know if I should.

The oven is fine, though it takes a bit long to preheat. The problem is that the igniters on the range went out, and the only people to work on them come from Sears. And Sears is the literal worst. They've cancelled their repair dates on me twice, causing me to be late for work. The ovens may work for a time, but as soon as they go out, don't expect anyone from the store to be even the slightest help.

Kenmore 790 electric range - I have seen many complaints online and on this site about the glass door of the oven door shattering. Mine did just that, last night when the oven was not in use. I have tried to make Sears aware of the problem. A technician is coming to repair it for an $89 dollar fee. I feel it should be recalled, but at least repaired for free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

I feel Kenmore products are the best. I have a self-cleaning oven and the range is natural gas. It's reliable, about 12 years old, never had a problem. I would always use Kenmore and recommend this item to others.

My 40" stainless steel Elite Kenmore range/glass top looks impressive on first notice. But the design of the rim around the top has caused it to get really scratched in a short period of time (1 year). The drawer below the ovens is very flimsy. The digital oven works great. But the smaller analog oven's thermostat can never be relied on. I love the five burners on the cooktop, two of them having the capability to be two different sizes. I am unhappy with the stainless steel finish... Very hard to clean without streaks. I've tried everything! I needed the 40" size because I live in a 1960s house that requires 40" stove, or a lot of cabinet rehab. I thought the price was too high. But there are very few ranges available in that size.

I purchased a Kenmore oven (model 92703, stainless steel, 5 burner, one rapid boil, convection, self cleaning) from a local Sears appliance store in June 2011 for $850. In December 2015, it stopped working, and the repair guy showed us the electrical panel was burned. We decided to be on the safe side and replaced the whole thing for $330 (plus the $100 service call fee). Almost exactly one year later the broiler element is out, we pulled off the back panel yesterday and sure enough, the electrical panel is burned again. So it's a poorly made product, and it's cost me over $1000 to own this oven for just over 5 years. It was nowhere near worth that amount of money. Don't ever buy a Kenmore range.

We bought a Kenmore Electric Range 790.9420, 9424 just under 2 years ago for $700 (January 2015). The Convection has never been impressive... Following the directions but still burning items (I have since found out that it should've performed much better than that but I had no reference point) and it can't cook more than one item at a time without slowing down the cooking process or burning items. The last straw was two weeks ago, 12/10/16. It made a very loud POP while trying to bake a pizza. It totally stopped baking.

For the last two weeks I have gotten the worst customer service through Sears that I have ever experienced. The local store hasn't been able to help (in fact when I tried to call their listed number, they never answered and then the phone call just cut off after 3 minutes of listening to it ring). I had to go into the store to tell the manager that their phone hadn't worked for 3 days as I had tried to reach them, then the 800 Sears Service number that is listed to call has been just terrible. Those at the 800 number must be trained to never help the customer or admit that their product hasn't delivered as it should have AND they aren't allowed to give out any information on someone higher than their level to complain to... Absolutely no accountability.

The main numbers of 1-800-469-4663 and 1-847-286-2500 have given me NO satisfaction. They have transferred me to Sears Holdings, Sears Solutions, Sears Rewards and NO ONE has been able to help me. All say it is on me, I didn't buy a warranty but that they can come out for $89 to assess it! Are you kidding me? My Stove/oven isn't made to last even 2 years? My phone call issues range from completely dropping my calls, putting me on hold for 25 minutes and never returning to speak to me so I had to hang up and call back and start all over, saying there is no recall or defect on this item so its costs are on me. I have been trying to give Sears some time to take some responsibility for their defective product...

I finally had another local repair man come out and they determined it is the Control Panel... Cost is estimated at $250 (that's just for the item), then add the labor. I called Sears with this information. They have no solution other than to tell me to pay their tech to come out and assess it. I will NOT do that. I will not buy a Sears product ever again and I will do my best to let everyone I know to never buy from there again. Other than the store manager who did a good job "hearing me" but had no authority to help me, I have experienced ZERO customer service. I spoke to the store manager yesterday and there was a sign of a very little movement after I pressed more that my appliance shouldn't break in under 2 years and that anyone must have a warranty for something under 2 years. She was going to contact the Service Factory Manager directly for me. I have doubts that anything will result and plan to buy with a local company.

The individuals on the phone are not accountable to anyone... They don't seem to care if you have a lemon or if you will not do business with their company anymore. I was told if I had an issue and wanted to speak to a manager, that I could call back and hopefully I could get through to the Arizona call center versus the Texas one. Are you kidding me? No accountability, No customer service, No standing behind their products and making it right with customers. Terrible. I/we have many more years of buying power and it won't be with Sears. I really hope my review will prevent someone else putting their money and faith into any Sears products.

Bought Kenmore oven 2 years ago. Stopped working on Thanksgiving. Guy sent to fix it says it needs a new back panel for $500. Kenmore made a shoddy product and should fix their poorly made oven at no cost to us. I will not purchase another Kenmore product ever again. Are we supposed to replace appliances at the same rate we have to replace light bulbs? Kenmore needs to stand behind their products and not make garbage.

August 2015, I purchased a Kenmore Elite Convection Oven MODEL #970C693832. It's a beautiful oven which came with a major problem. The red flag should have been noted when it was delivered, and the glass control panel fell off; this was before it was even brought into my kitchen. I asked them to return it, and we got a new one a week later. Three months in, the same thing happened again; the glass control panel fell off. I called Sears, and they sent a technician to fix it with a new control panel. The technician mentioned to me that the only thing holding the control panel is glue. When the oven is in use, every time I use my oven, the glue is melting away. There's no frame to support it, when the glue melts off. How is this even safe? Last week, the same problem happened again, the glass control panel fell off. I called Sears again.

Today, a technician from Sears came in to check it out and will be fixing it again with a new control panel. So until he comes back, and fixes it, I have to use tape to hold up the control panel in order to use the oven. Luckily, it's still under the extended warranty, but I can't keep calling Sears to replace the control panel every time the glue melts. Instead of sending a technician to fix the same problem, Sears should replace this appliance because this problem will happen again, and they know it. This oven is not good, and I would never recommend it. Sears should do its part and make sure they are selling their customers good appliances that they can rely on.

I am very disappointed with my appliance from Sears, and I wish Sears would make good appliances with top-of-the-line materials and parts. Sears needs to do a quality check assurance on their appliances before they go on the market. We as customers cannot afford to expend so much money on products that either don't last, or have problem with their parts.

My Kenmore Self Cleaning Oven is just over 30 days old and recently used the self cleaning option. I used the 2 hour option since it was a minor splatter on the oven floor. After the cool down and the door released, I noticed two burn marks on the top of the oven door. I did everything the manual instructed including removing the grates, racks and wiping all services before starting the process. I called Sears and they said it was a cosmetic issue and is not covered under the warranty. I think it's a door gasket problem, but they said no. I told the service dept I was very dissatisfied that they would not stand behind their product. All he said was "Sorry".

I purchase the Kenmore Elite double oven approx three years ago. It has been a disaster from the start! The issues was the rewiring needed for the product that I was not told about. This requires an electrician and an extra charge that is Kenmore specific. The first set of ovens did not work at all. After paying the additional cost for the change the ovens were installed and they did not work. The installer could do nothing and I had to call for a repair.

I requested a new set of oven and after a week or two receive a new set. Within 6 month I noticed the doors on the ovens would not close properly and that the calibration was off. I requested another set again to no avail. To date I have had 2/3 additional service calls for the ovens for the same problem. I have requested a new set or satisfaction each time. The most recent repair was in July 2016. Now Nov 26, 2016 they are saying the problem is no longer under warranty for the repair or the extended warranty I purchased. The customer service center has had problems scheduling, sending two repair people or say there is no appointment and then a repairman shows up anyway. This happens even with confirmations and secondary verifications.

There was a time when the Sears brand stood for quality, and great customer service. Those days are no more. I purchased a full suite of appliances for a gourmet kitchen with the Kenmore Elite Brand and the two most expensive items, the fridge and the double ovens have had significant problems and repairs. I have been loyal to Sears and so as my family making it a tradition for over 30 years of my adult life. My parent bought Sears as did my entire family but NO MORE! I will exhaust my points and the boycott will begin. We will NEVER purchase anything from Sears again nor will we recommend the store or their products.

I attempted to retrieve a baked casserole from my Kenmore ceramic-top range/oven and when I bent to reach into the oven, the vented heat blew right at my eyes. I jumped back and almost fell. Eyes were reddened into next day; the left worse than right because I lowered myself with my left side closer to the oven. So far, I enjoy the stovetop and size of the range but the excessive heat at eye level seems like a flaw in the overall design and dangerous. Is there any recall or repair that should be done?

The Kenmore Gas Range 7290 we bought from Sears has been a real letdown. The Electronic oven control board continues to need replacing. Even the last one we ordered from Sears didn't even work when we installed it. They have to send us another one to replace it. There needs to be a recall on this gas range. It's a dud and a waste of a lot of $$.

Purchased the Kenmore Electric Range Model #790-94182310 in March of 2015. Used mostly the top, some baking but no more than 10 times a month. Babied this range! Wiped up any spills myself. However had a spillover and decided to do the first self-clean. Range is 1 year and 8 months old. The error code came on flashing F-10 on the display. I hit the off button but the F-10 continued to flash. Turned off electric supply at the breaker. Never had a ring or anything other than the F-10 to alert me.

By the time it cooled, I had done the research for troubleshooting which was very helpful through YouTube by a Sears technician. We learned there was probably a temperature sensor problem. We also learned how to test it and the control panel. After removing the back panel, we discovered they both were heat-damaged. Part of the control panel was blackened by fire. The odor that I smelled and thought was the cleaning, was the plastic around the panel and the elements within the control panel.

Called Sears - they offered to send a technician that would cost $89, then of course it would need the parts. Didn't bother finding out what that would cost. Did not buy the extended warranty. Who would have thought that the first time you self-cleaned an oven it would catch something on fire!!! Very unsatisfied. We are going to attempt to fix it ourselves but we do not intend to ever purchase Kenmore again. Loved my KitchenAid that I had for years and only got rid of it because it was black and I wanted to change to white. Needless to say, we are angry. Also said they could not find where there was a recall on the range. Gave me another to call which I will do. Now to hope for a recall which I feel is necessary!!! I have pictures but for some reason says file type not accepted???

On September 17, 2016, I was baking a batch of cookies in my Kenmore range/induction stove/convection oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When I went to open the door to check the consistency, the oven door exploded, sending shards of glass everywhere in my kitchen/dining room. I have taken pictures of the aftermath, along with replacing the range that exploded. I have kept the Kenmore range for further investigation.

When opening oven door on Kenmore wall oven, handle fell off one side and glass door exploded into me. There were shards of glass everywhere, even countertops, and I had a small cut on my foot. The company is sending a repairman who we have to pay $250, despite all the phone calls and emails to corporate. We feel this was a defective piece of equipment, and seeing several other complaints of similar happenings, I feel we should not have to pay for service call or the repair/replacement. I will never buy Kenmore products again after this incident. And will do my best to spread the word.

Kenmore Ultra Bake Oven - So apparently this is a thing with Kenmore ovens? I was not in the kitchen when I heard a pop followed by lots of crackling. No one was near the oven, thank god. The oven is 8 years old, but we really don't use it often and do not treat it roughly. There is no good reason why an oven door should explode. This seems to be a well-known problem and yet there are no consumer warnings on new ovens and no recalls that I can find. These ovens are dangerous and should not be in people's homes. Kenmore should take responsibility for creating an inferior product instead of blaming this obvious defect on consumer use. Very disappointed.

I spent two hours trying to talk with someone that would help me find out if there is a recall on my range. The outside glass of my oven shattered in the middle of the night. Luckily no one was near the range. I had glass everywhere. I did notice on this site that there was a similar case on Aug 2, 2016, so I wanted to talk with someone to investigate this problem. After spending much time trying to talk to a real person then finally talking with a person that wanted to send a technician to diagnose what my range needed and the cost to have a technician come to my home would start at $89.00, I gave up and just ordered the glass. I am very worried that this has happened more than two times and someone could seriously get hurt.

Burn hazard due to oven racks falling. Apparently this is a well-known and well-documented hazard. These ovens are manufactured by Frigidaire for Kenmore and Jenn-Air with only the cosmetics being different. Same defect in both. Jenn Air has recalled and replaced the defective products, Sears is in denial. The problem is that when the self-cleaning mode is used, the oven sidewalls expand, allowing the racks to fall, resulting in burns. So far, we've been lucky, but if a small child or pet were in the vicinity... it could be tragic. We purchased all high end Kenmore Elite when we redid our kitchen. The 'factory' service was a joke. We filed a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission and will be sending a demand letter to Sears and Frigidaire.

I came home to find glass on my kitchen floor and in the dinning area next to the kitchen. Further investigation lead me to the Kenmore gas range oven door. I purchased the range january 2011. Glass was everywhere. No one else lives in my home. I very seldom use the oven. Nothing fell, nothing mysteriously hit the oven door. I called sears to no avail. I purchased a $275.00 moderated protection plan. If this has happened to anyone else please provide me with what you did to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Twice now coming home my Kenmore stove has turned itself on by the handle. Nobody was home. I could not figure out how it could happen until I read this happened to others. Very dangerous gas smell. I felt like I would pass out. BEWARE!

I purchased a Kenmore Electric Built-in oven, model 790 in 2011. Today the fan will not shut off. I had to turn the breaker off. The oven racks are also falling down which is becoming extremely scary and I am afraid to use the oven. I will be calling Sears tomorrow but suspect after reading all these other similar reviews to expect nothing from Sears other than to say they will send someone out. What happened to dependable products and dependable stores? I always looked to Sears and their products in the past but no more!!!

I've had this range for 6-7 years now. The motherboard was replaced 8 times in 4 years (fading, blinking, etc) and yet Sears would NOT replace it, they did extend my warranty one time, but it's the absolute worst. If this range (Gas, Elite, Model 790) is not a lemon, I don't know what is. The repair guy (Mikey, on a first name basis because he was here so much) came to replace it one time and the one he brought, brand new, didn't work. I would never purchase another Sears product. Kenmore used to the Gold Standard and Sears used to be the King of customer service, no longer.

Motherboard causes oven to overheat to the point it could cause a fire.

Think twice before buying!! My husband and I paid a small fortune for a Sears Kenmore range one year ago. We thought we were buying a dependable appliance to feed our family. What we bought was a nightmare in a crate. Less than one month after buying the stove, it suddenly locked and we couldn't open it. A technician visited our home and decided due to an electrical problem, the entire thing needed to be replaced. Two weeks later, Sears finally managed to deliver our brand new stove. The replacement lasted 5 months until the motherboard completely fried resulting in another technician visiting our home.

We had to wait another week and a half for the newest replacement. It has been 4 months and we discovered this morning that the stove will not turn on at all. Upon calling Sears customer service, we were told the technician will be here in a few days. Hopefully this time we will not have to wait as long to have a device with which to prepare food for our family. This appliance should have come with a "money pit warning" as that is the only experience we have had with this purchase. We will certainly never buy appliances from Sears again!

I sent an e-mail a couple weeks ago with no response, so I contacted Kenmore yesterday regarding the self-cleaning of the gas range which left spots on the bottom of my oven. I did everything the manual stated to do and also took out the racks and self cleaned them myself. The representative on the phone told me to put a hot cloth with white vinegar over the area, and then I may have to rub the area, if that didn't work to take a razor blade and lightly go over area and the spots would be removed. After trying both methods neither worked. I phoned again and another representative told me she could have a tech come out the following day but it would cost me $75.00 or $39.00 a month to cover all appliances in the house. I told her absolutely not and informed her that I would not be purchasing anymore Kenmore products.

Then out of curiosity I wondered how much the part would cost just to replace it and after researching on the internet the part was $60.00. So therefore I would have had a tech come out for $75.00 then probably charge me at least $100.00 for the part and to replace it, what a rip-off. Other customers please do research before falling for this scam.

I purchased the double oven range in 2006. Since that time I have continued to experience problems with the main board electrical panel. It has continued to malfunction by going completely blank, beeping randomly, not allowing buttons to be pressed, turning off while in mid-cook and more issues of inconvenience. I have had service on my range performed by Sears-certified technicians several times and the issue continues to re-occur. Service dates and costs issues include: June 30th 2014 - main board electrical panel replaced for a total cost of $413.12 August 27th 2014 - main board electrical panel replaced. November 4th 2014 - main board electrical panel replaced. December 10th 2014 - main board electrical panel replaced and broiler burner fixed.

Since that time I have continued to experience the same problem with the main board electrical panel. The range has again begun to malfunction to the point where it has become nearly inoperable. I have recently called Sears-certified technicians and was informed that there was nothing they could do and I would again need to pay $400-$500 for a service visit and part to repair the same issue again.

Given the multiple issues with the same part, I feel there is a defect either with the parts or with my specific range that should be repaired or replaced without any additional costs from the consumer. I purchased a top of the line oven and have continued to experience the same problem even after multiple attempts of repair and additional money that has been put into a unit that should still be working properly.

I purchased a Kenmore Electric Smoothtop Range Model #79092302014 in May 2012. In February this year (2016) the baking element stopped working. I called Sears (where I had purchased it) and they told me I needed a new baking element for $118.25 plus $10 shipping (!), so I ordered it. The repairman suspected the problem might not really be the baking element at all, but since Sears was so positive that was it, he installed the new baking element. It did not work! So I called to Sears to ask how to return it and they told me it was not returnable since it had been installed. They went on to say that if I hadn't installed it, they would take it back! This made no sense at all -- how on earth would one know it didn't work if one did not install it?

The rep told me it was just too bad, that I was stuck with the new $130 part, and that I'd just have to buy a new range. Unless I wanted to pay Sears to send out a repairman for a flat fee of $120 before making any repairs, but since it was out of warranty it was unlikely that whatever the problem really was would be covered. After only 2-1/2 years! Kenmore used to be the best! Now, they've slipped so far that I will never buy another Kenmore appliance. I will definitely report this to the CEO of Sears.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kenmore is one of the oldest names in the cooking appliances industry, with a history stretching back more than 100 years. Its re-introduced range of cooking appliances dominated the home market during the economic boom after World War II.

• Dedicated product lines: Kenmore's product lines are each tailored for a specific consumer profile, and the company's engineers work to ensure that each customer can find a device perfectly suited to his or her requirements.
  • Generous Warranties: Kenmore offers a one year manufacturer's warranty on most cooking appliances, and a two year replacement warranty on ceramic and glass cook tops.
  • Convenient support: Kenmore's relationship with Sears often allows consumers to visit Sears brick and mortar locations to receive in-person technical support and maintenance.
  • Rewards programs: Kenmore is known for maintaining robust buying rewards programs, allowing consumers to accumulate points that can be redeemed for cash back, special discounts and other perks.
  • Award winning: Kenmore is a frequent recipient of industry rewards and has received accolades from Consumers Digest and Women's Choice, among others.
  • Flexible shipping and installation: Kenmore offers a variety of ways for buyers to receive and install their cooking appliances. Its close partnership with Sears means that buyers can easily schedule in-home appointments with local personnel.
  • Best for Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves