Kenmore Ovens

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased Elite Gas Range in 2011. Serviced twice after self-clean caused oven control board to fail. I noticed I am not alone. This is not cheap to fix. If you are buying Kenmore, check the service history! Sad to say I will no longer be buying Kenmore appliances. Now a 3000.00 oven!

This is third Kenmore oven electric s/c. First one went into self-clean on its own, nearly burned the house down and completely charred the whole oven. Second one had two major board failures, resulting in the third. This one may or may not respond to control inputs. No more Sears stuff, ever.

3 years ago, I bought what I thought would be my last stove. Brand new Kenmore, with a warming, drawer and burner. Self cleaning. 1300.00 dollar thought it was the best. I'm 60 years of age. I figured I would buy one last stove before I retired. Hey, it's a Kenmore, right? It would be here long after I'm feeding the bugs, right?

WRONG! In less than three years the oven won't heat up passed 200 degrees. The circuit board costs over 200$. I didn't buy the Sears extended warranty. It's a Kenmore!

The independent service man that came out said, he would not recommend this repair, because, this problem would keep occurring. He said, he would not feel like he had done me right, if he had repaired my stove. He charged me nothing, apologized, and left. I stuffed a hundred dollar bill in his shirt pocket, and thanked him. I called Sears. They said, I should have bought the service policy. I won't buy anything from Sears again. I replaced it with a 200$ Plain Jane stove from Lowe's, no electronic, no bells, no whistles. It works just fine!

My Kenmore Built-in oven is a workhorse. I have had one service call in 16 years of using it, and that was due to something I did wrong. I don't know how old it is, but it was built in when we bought the house in 1999. They may no longer be as good, but one can hope.

The range is not bad for the price. It would be nice if it offered a little more room in the oven. It would also be nice if you could get a good peek inside the oven without having to open the door all the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

I did choose the slide-in model not realizing that there is an oven size compromise, so it is no fault of Kenmore. The programming features are too many to understand, too. But oven and warming drawer work great and the placement of top burners is good, however, I wish there was a medium-size burner for saucepans and also wish I could use cast iron on the smooth top. Overall, I've turned out many great 25 pound turkeys with all the trimmings for Thanksgiving.

This is my first smooth top 2 door oven from Kenmore. Before I had a coil oven which lasted for 23 years. It came with our mobile home and sold it (still in working order) before we got a Kenmore.

The Kenmore stove/range works okay. Not as good as their washer/dryers though. One burner on the stove has not worked properly from day one. Also the glass top burners take longer to heat up. I guess that is because it is energy efficient.

Love my Kenmore gas range w/ convection oven. It has five burners and the one in the center I can use with a flat grill pan. I bake a lot and the oven works and holds the temp great. The oven has a self-clean cycle that works great.

I do not recommend anybody buying Kenmore products from Sears. They seem to care if you have problems but all they're doing is giving you the runaround. They use ARS for their warranty claims and which they are rude and just plain liars... I have taken a day off work as they require a 9 to 5 window for an appointment.

After calling Sears three times during that day to say I haven't heard from the contractor all three times they (Sears) confirmed yes he is coming. The last time I contacted ARS myself as now Sears is closed. They told me he wasn't coming, so a day off work wasted... This has been going on for 4 weeks now, so my conclusion is I threw the Kenmore range out of my house and purchased a different brand. Take my advice. Do not buy Kenmore products. You will be disappointed if something goes wrong.

We bought a new Kenmore electric range model #790.93751102 in 2001. I have not had any problems with the oven until two nights ago. We turned the oven on to 350 degrees and waited for it to preheat. We put cookies in the oven and within a few minutes there was smoke inside. My daughter opened the door which caused flames. She shut the door. Smoke was all over the house and pouring out of the oven. I turned off the oven thinking that would do it. Smoke was still filling the air and the oven was getting hotter. I looked in the door window and noticed the upper element was on.

We decided to turn the breaker off. I'm so glad I did not open the door because we heard a pop and flames came shooting out of the door and then quickly got sucked back in. At that point I called 911. The fire department was dispatched as well as some deputies. We were instructed not to open the oven door until someone got there. By the time the deputies had arrived, the oven was no longer smoking.

When we turned the breaker back on, the upper element went back on, and we hadn't touched the oven. The broiler just turned on for no reason. I contacted Sears, and the technician said he had never heard anything like that happening. I told him he should do a search because I found that there are plenty of us around. I know the unit is not new, but that shouldn't happen. Thank God no one was hurt, but we could easily have been, and our house could have burnt down. I'm glad we did not leave the kitchen to go to another room until the timer went off. Thinking about that makes me shudder.

Range is horrible. Nothing but problems. The igniter went on it 3 times... the safety value went twice on top and bottom... Today it went and was leaking gas all day... Good thing nothing happen to my dog or my house. Piece of garbage. Waste of money. Should've complained more when I bought it. Now it's just an unsafe pile of trash... Don't buy.

This isn't dissatisfaction... it's a HAZARD. Broiler feed tube in back of oven has a hole which guessing formed when a piece of something landed on and reacted with aluminum. Turned broiler on... feed tube emitted gas through tube... broiler lit and whoosh large flame a good foot high and six inches wide emerged from back of oven... luckily I was standing right there. Turned burner and oven off. Flame went out in about 5 seconds... enough to scare the ** out of me! My range is a good 10 years in service... not a problem to be found until this. My opinion... a bulletin should be sent to all owners to check the broiler feed tube!!! Holy Guacamole if I wasn't there, the whole house could've gone up in propane flames. Btw to the editor, yes I'm sure GE does manufacture in the US but they do in Mexico, also... see tag.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Double Oven Gas Range in November 2011. I also bought an extended warranty. When the range was about 3 yr old the bottom oven failed to heat. It was repaired. Then this past October 2016, the bottom oven wouldn't heat. November 23rd it was repaired. I extended the warranty because with two repairs I wasn't confident with the range. Then on December 20th, I was using the top oven at 400 degrees, and everything was fine. I then turned on the bottom range at 350 degrees, and noticed it wasn't heating after about ten minutes. I opened the oven to see if it was hot. A ball of flames came out at me. I burnt my eyebrows and a good part of my hair. Luckily I was able to shut out any flames on me, and I closed the oven and shut it off.

I called Sears the next morning, rather shaken to report what I consider a safety issue. They scheduled a service call so a technician could access the problem. I told them I didn't want it repaired, only replaced. I got a bit of a runaround. They first came quickly then ordered parts. Sears says it is repairable. They scheduled me for Jan 5th, and I waited all day and no one showed. Today, someone came. I said "I didn't want it fixed." The service man called his supervisor, then Sears directly called me, and said as part of the process I must have it repaired then file a complaint.

When I called they said I should have refused the repair, because now it is deemed in working order. I said "I don't feel safe after my ordeal." The supervisor at customer service said even if I had a brand new stove, no one could guarantee my safety. Talk about confidence inspiring. I let them know I wasn't pleased with that. They then offered me a $630 credit towards a new stove. I paid $2,300. I didn't accept yet, because I don't know if I should.

The oven is fine, though it takes a bit long to preheat. The problem is that the igniters on the range went out, and the only people to work on them come from Sears. And Sears is the literal worst. They've cancelled their repair dates on me twice, causing me to be late for work. The ovens may work for a time, but as soon as they go out, don't expect anyone from the store to be even the slightest help.

Kenmore 790 electric range - I have seen many complaints online and on this site about the glass door of the oven door shattering. Mine did just that, last night when the oven was not in use. I have tried to make Sears aware of the problem. A technician is coming to repair it for an $89 dollar fee. I feel it should be recalled, but at least repaired for free.

I feel Kenmore products are the best. I have a self-cleaning oven and the range is natural gas. It's reliable, about 12 years old, never had a problem. I would always use Kenmore and recommend this item to others.

My 40" stainless steel Elite Kenmore range/glass top looks impressive on first notice. But the design of the rim around the top has caused it to get really scratched in a short period of time (1 year). The drawer below the ovens is very flimsy. The digital oven works great. But the smaller analog oven's thermostat can never be relied on. I love the five burners on the cooktop, two of them having the capability to be two different sizes. I am unhappy with the stainless steel finish... Very hard to clean without streaks. I've tried everything! I needed the 40" size because I live in a 1960s house that requires 40" stove, or a lot of cabinet rehab. I thought the price was too high. But there are very few ranges available in that size.

I purchased a Kenmore oven (model 92703, stainless steel, 5 burner, one rapid boil, convection, self cleaning) from a local Sears appliance store in June 2011 for $850. In December 2015, it stopped working, and the repair guy showed us the electrical panel was burned. We decided to be on the safe side and replaced the whole thing for $330 (plus the $100 service call fee). Almost exactly one year later the broiler element is out, we pulled off the back panel yesterday and sure enough, the electrical panel is burned again. So it's a poorly made product, and it's cost me over $1000 to own this oven for just over 5 years. It was nowhere near worth that amount of money. Don't ever buy a Kenmore range.

We bought a Kenmore Electric Range 790.9420, 9424 just under 2 years ago for $700 (January 2015). The Convection has never been impressive... Following the directions but still burning items (I have since found out that it should've performed much better than that but I had no reference point) and it can't cook more than one item at a time without slowing down the cooking process or burning items. The last straw was two weeks ago, 12/10/16. It made a very loud POP while trying to bake a pizza. It totally stopped baking.

For the last two weeks I have gotten the worst customer service through Sears that I have ever experienced. The local store hasn't been able to help (in fact when I tried to call their listed number, they never answered and then the phone call just cut off after 3 minutes of listening to it ring). I had to go into the store to tell the manager that their phone hadn't worked for 3 days as I had tried to reach them, then the 800 Sears Service number that is listed to call has been just terrible. Those at the 800 number must be trained to never help the customer or admit that their product hasn't delivered as it should have AND they aren't allowed to give out any information on someone higher than their level to complain to... Absolutely no accountability.

The main numbers of 1-800-469-4663 and 1-847-286-2500 have given me NO satisfaction. They have transferred me to Sears Holdings, Sears Solutions, Sears Rewards and NO ONE has been able to help me. All say it is on me, I didn't buy a warranty but that they can come out for $89 to assess it! Are you kidding me? My Stove/oven isn't made to last even 2 years? My phone call issues range from completely dropping my calls, putting me on hold for 25 minutes and never returning to speak to me so I had to hang up and call back and start all over, saying there is no recall or defect on this item so its costs are on me. I have been trying to give Sears some time to take some responsibility for their defective product...

I finally had another local repair man come out and they determined it is the Control Panel... Cost is estimated at $250 (that's just for the item), then add the labor. I called Sears with this information. They have no solution other than to tell me to pay their tech to come out and assess it. I will NOT do that. I will not buy a Sears product ever again and I will do my best to let everyone I know to never buy from there again. Other than the store manager who did a good job "hearing me" but had no authority to help me, I have experienced ZERO customer service. I spoke to the store manager yesterday and there was a sign of a very little movement after I pressed more that my appliance shouldn't break in under 2 years and that anyone must have a warranty for something under 2 years. She was going to contact the Service Factory Manager directly for me. I have doubts that anything will result and plan to buy with a local company.

The individuals on the phone are not accountable to anyone... They don't seem to care if you have a lemon or if you will not do business with their company anymore. I was told if I had an issue and wanted to speak to a manager, that I could call back and hopefully I could get through to the Arizona call center versus the Texas one. Are you kidding me? No accountability, No customer service, No standing behind their products and making it right with customers. Terrible. I/we have many more years of buying power and it won't be with Sears. I really hope my review will prevent someone else putting their money and faith into any Sears products.

Bought Kenmore oven 2 years ago. Stopped working on Thanksgiving. Guy sent to fix it says it needs a new back panel for $500. Kenmore made a shoddy product and should fix their poorly made oven at no cost to us. I will not purchase another Kenmore product ever again. Are we supposed to replace appliances at the same rate we have to replace light bulbs? Kenmore needs to stand behind their products and not make garbage.

August 2015, I purchased a Kenmore Elite Convection Oven MODEL #970C693832. It's a beautiful oven which came with a major problem. The red flag should have been noted when it was delivered, and the glass control panel fell off; this was before it was even brought into my kitchen. I asked them to return it, and we got a new one a week later. Three months in, the same thing happened again; the glass control panel fell off. I called Sears, and they sent a technician to fix it with a new control panel. The technician mentioned to me that the only thing holding the control panel is glue. When the oven is in use, every time I use my oven, the glue is melting away. There's no frame to support it, when the glue melts off. How is this even safe? Last week, the same problem happened again, the glass control panel fell off. I called Sears again.

Today, a technician from Sears came in to check it out and will be fixing it again with a new control panel. So until he comes back, and fixes it, I have to use tape to hold up the control panel in order to use the oven. Luckily, it's still under the extended warranty, but I can't keep calling Sears to replace the control panel every time the glue melts. Instead of sending a technician to fix the same problem, Sears should replace this appliance because this problem will happen again, and they know it. This oven is not good, and I would never recommend it. Sears should do its part and make sure they are selling their customers good appliances that they can rely on.

I am very disappointed with my appliance from Sears, and I wish Sears would make good appliances with top-of-the-line materials and parts. Sears needs to do a quality check assurance on their appliances before they go on the market. We as customers cannot afford to expend so much money on products that either don't last, or have problem with their parts.

My Kenmore Self Cleaning Oven is just over 30 days old and recently used the self cleaning option. I used the 2 hour option since it was a minor splatter on the oven floor. After the cool down and the door released, I noticed two burn marks on the top of the oven door. I did everything the manual instructed including removing the grates, racks and wiping all services before starting the process. I called Sears and they said it was a cosmetic issue and is not covered under the warranty. I think it's a door gasket problem, but they said no. I told the service dept I was very dissatisfied that they would not stand behind their product. All he said was "Sorry".

I purchase the Kenmore Elite double oven approx three years ago. It has been a disaster from the start! The issues was the rewiring needed for the product that I was not told about. This requires an electrician and an extra charge that is Kenmore specific. The first set of ovens did not work at all. After paying the additional cost for the change the ovens were installed and they did not work. The installer could do nothing and I had to call for a repair.

I requested a new set of oven and after a week or two receive a new set. Within 6 month I noticed the doors on the ovens would not close properly and that the calibration was off. I requested another set again to no avail. To date I have had 2/3 additional service calls for the ovens for the same problem. I have requested a new set or satisfaction each time. The most recent repair was in July 2016. Now Nov 26, 2016 they are saying the problem is no longer under warranty for the repair or the extended warranty I purchased. The customer service center has had problems scheduling, sending two repair people or say there is no appointment and then a repairman shows up anyway. This happens even with confirmations and secondary verifications.

There was a time when the Sears brand stood for quality, and great customer service. Those days are no more. I purchased a full suite of appliances for a gourmet kitchen with the Kenmore Elite Brand and the two most expensive items, the fridge and the double ovens have had significant problems and repairs. I have been loyal to Sears and so as my family making it a tradition for over 30 years of my adult life. My parent bought Sears as did my entire family but NO MORE! I will exhaust my points and the boycott will begin. We will NEVER purchase anything from Sears again nor will we recommend the store or their products.

I attempted to retrieve a baked casserole from my Kenmore ceramic-top range/oven and when I bent to reach into the oven, the vented heat blew right at my eyes. I jumped back and almost fell. Eyes were reddened into next day; the left worse than right because I lowered myself with my left side closer to the oven. So far, I enjoy the stovetop and size of the range but the excessive heat at eye level seems like a flaw in the overall design and dangerous. Is there any recall or repair that should be done?

The Kenmore Gas Range 7290 we bought from Sears has been a real letdown. The Electronic oven control board continues to need replacing. Even the last one we ordered from Sears didn't even work when we installed it. They have to send us another one to replace it. There needs to be a recall on this gas range. It's a dud and a waste of a lot of $$.

Purchased the Kenmore Electric Range Model #790-94182310 in March of 2015. Used mostly the top, some baking but no more than 10 times a month. Babied this range! Wiped up any spills myself. However had a spillover and decided to do the first self-clean. Range is 1 year and 8 months old. The error code came on flashing F-10 on the display. I hit the off button but the F-10 continued to flash. Turned off electric supply at the breaker. Never had a ring or anything other than the F-10 to alert me.

By the time it cooled, I had done the research for troubleshooting which was very helpful through YouTube by a Sears technician. We learned there was probably a temperature sensor problem. We also learned how to test it and the control panel. After removing the back panel, we discovered they both were heat-damaged. Part of the control panel was blackened by fire. The odor that I smelled and thought was the cleaning, was the plastic around the panel and the elements within the control panel.

Called Sears - they offered to send a technician that would cost $89, then of course it would need the parts. Didn't bother finding out what that would cost. Did not buy the extended warranty. Who would have thought that the first time you self-cleaned an oven it would catch something on fire!!! Very unsatisfied. We are going to attempt to fix it ourselves but we do not intend to ever purchase Kenmore again. Loved my KitchenAid that I had for years and only got rid of it because it was black and I wanted to change to white. Needless to say, we are angry. Also said they could not find where there was a recall on the range. Gave me another to call which I will do. Now to hope for a recall which I feel is necessary!!! I have pictures but for some reason says file type not accepted???

On September 17, 2016, I was baking a batch of cookies in my Kenmore range/induction stove/convection oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When I went to open the door to check the consistency, the oven door exploded, sending shards of glass everywhere in my kitchen/dining room. I have taken pictures of the aftermath, along with replacing the range that exploded. I have kept the Kenmore range for further investigation.

When opening oven door on Kenmore wall oven, handle fell off one side and glass door exploded into me. There were shards of glass everywhere, even countertops, and I had a small cut on my foot. The company is sending a repairman who we have to pay $250, despite all the phone calls and emails to corporate. We feel this was a defective piece of equipment, and seeing several other complaints of similar happenings, I feel we should not have to pay for service call or the repair/replacement. I will never buy Kenmore products again after this incident. And will do my best to spread the word.

Kenmore Ultra Bake Oven - So apparently this is a thing with Kenmore ovens? I was not in the kitchen when I heard a pop followed by lots of crackling. No one was near the oven, thank god. The oven is 8 years old, but we really don't use it often and do not treat it roughly. There is no good reason why an oven door should explode. This seems to be a well-known problem and yet there are no consumer warnings on new ovens and no recalls that I can find. These ovens are dangerous and should not be in people's homes. Kenmore should take responsibility for creating an inferior product instead of blaming this obvious defect on consumer use. Very disappointed.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Kenmore is one of the oldest names in the cooking appliances industry, with a history stretching back more than 100 years. Its re-introduced range of cooking appliances dominated the home market during the economic boom after World War II.

• Dedicated product lines: Kenmore's product lines are each tailored for a specific consumer profile, and the company's engineers work to ensure that each customer can find a device perfectly suited to his or her requirements.
  • Generous Warranties: Kenmore offers a one year manufacturer's warranty on most cooking appliances, and a two year replacement warranty on ceramic and glass cook tops.
  • Convenient support: Kenmore's relationship with Sears often allows consumers to visit Sears brick and mortar locations to receive in-person technical support and maintenance.
  • Rewards programs: Kenmore is known for maintaining robust buying rewards programs, allowing consumers to accumulate points that can be redeemed for cash back, special discounts and other perks.
  • Award winning: Kenmore is a frequent recipient of industry rewards and has received accolades from Consumers Digest and Women's Choice, among others.
  • Flexible shipping and installation: Kenmore offers a variety of ways for buyers to receive and install their cooking appliances. Its close partnership with Sears means that buyers can easily schedule in-home appointments with local personnel.
  • Best for Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves