1.40/5
Based on 317 reviews that contain star ratings

Kenmore Ovens

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

The Kenmore brand understands its customers’ wants and needs. Being in the lives of over 100 million Americans, performance innovations are a top priority of Kenmore product development. Ongoing engagement with our customers before, during and after purchases will help us maintain the honor of industry leader.

View More View More

441 Kenmore Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Purchased from Sears. Within two years, out of warranty, the front panel of the warmer drawer started to rust so we had to buy a new part and pay to have it replaced. Now the top of the control panel is rusting. Costs $300 to replace. Don't buy Kenmore without an extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

After replacing my Kenmore Elite slide in oven/stove because it was a lemon with too many issues to enumerate, I foolishly choose the next generation thinking it was improved. This stove cannot maintain a temperature for more than 10 minutes before it begins a "preheat" function and it begins to try to come to temp by firing up the top and/or bottom heating elements effectively ruining any delicate baked goods like cookies or cakes. I will never ever buy a Kenmore product again. In addition even though they market a five element stove top, if you have 2 elements on high and the oven on, the entire unit blows the breakers and fuses (and it is not our wiring/breakers that are malfunctioning). Worst product ever!

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

On 1-28-18 we bought a NEW Kenmore Elite Convection Oven with Warmer Drawer. also bought the Warranty Protection. Total sale $2,084.43. First one came damaged. March 2018 received the second one. Good shape, but the delivery guys left clear tape on the inside and left the oven on. When I opened the door the gasket pull off the oven. Took 2 service call to get one installed right. Glass Top is a pain in the butt to clean. You have to use Kenmore Cleaner. Nothing Else Works. Convection (Double Fan) is horrible. Bakes Terrible. No matter how much I try either things are way overdone or doughy in the middle. I hate it. I have had a convection oven for 17 years and I have loved every minute of it. Used convection at all time. Not with this oven! It's is just beyond me how it is so terrible.

Sears repair guys came 5 times so far. Now the bottom drawer is rubbing on the underside of the oven where the heating element is. When the oven heats it is expanding the metal under the oven. Now they tell me it will be a "Major Rebuild". I was told my a Warranty Supervisor (Alisha) that if the tech came out and confirmed that the problem was indeed what I was saying I would be issued a refund ticket for a new or different oven. Well now they (Milly a different Supervisor) are saying that in order to issue that the oven will have to go under the same repair 4 times in order for that to happen! So 2 repair guys will be coming this month and it will take 3+ hours to repair a defective oven at the cost of about $400.00. The repair guy said he has never done this before so he is bringing another guy with him.

So yet another day interrupted by a Sears Repairman that should not even be repairing this oven. We should be able to return it for a full refund or an exchange. Oh and the repair guy first attempted to fix the drawer by bending the sides with a block of wood. Now the drawer is bent and the issue was never the drawer, but the bottom element causing the oven to warp downward against the drawer. It is worse than before he came! When the oven cools it pops back up. It is a factory defect and we should not be treated this way! I stopped using the convection after one repair guy reset it over 35 degrees upward. My cookies were burnt in 2.5 minutes and doughy in the middle. I reset it back to factory temp and gave up. The oven bakes fine at reg bake, but the convection part of it sucks! I have spent hours on the phone with Sears Warranty.

I have gone through things like, "We can't find your information," "You didn't buy a new oven," lost information, complaints not being documented after they say they are writing it down on our account. Either they lie about their names or the next person lies about now knowing another Supervisor. I request a Supervisor and they stall and keep asking me how they can help me. Oh and if you call Sears Warranty and get a gal named Kathleen, just hang up and call again until you get a different person. She is the worst. She can't find anything. She can't type even your number in right. I have dealt with her enough to know just to hang up. If you tick her off she'll say she is transferring you, but you'll be disconnected.

We are now considering loading up our oven on a dolly and taking it back to the Sears Showroom with all the receipts and demanding a refund. Wish us luck. DON"T BUY FROM SEARS!!! We have been Sears customers since 1976 and loved them. Now they are the worst company ever! Customers are NOT important to them and neither is keeping their word! Warranty Persons Names to take note of: Kathleen, Milly and Alisha (who now doesn't exist according to Milly).

Original review: July 23, 2018

The stove (2011 Kenmore Elite white double oven stove) was purchased in 8/2011. The puppet oven no longer heats up quickly and takes 45-60 minutes to heat to the desired temperature. Unfortunately, the model number has worn off, and Sears cannot give me a correct model for the double, not single, oven from their records. Therefore, the repair guy left without having done anything except charging $99.00 for the house call. I guess I am going to have to use the one oven that works until it doesn’t. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I bought back in 2005 a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and oven from Sears. All Kenmore. Well let's see. The refrigerator starting rusting on the outside in about 5 yrs. then the microwave handle broke in about 6 yrs. and the dishwasher panel on the bottom all the paint flaked off and now the oven that I have hardly used has a hole in the inside of the oven... It's a flippin' crack. Rust and more rust where the racks slide... I will never purchase anything from Sears again... This is junk...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: July 12, 2018

I purchased an expensive Kenmore Elite electric stove/oven in 2009 and have had many problems and have spent much money on repairs. Until recently I was unaware of the numerous complaints and lawsuits filed with similar issues. My top burner does not turn off, but remains on and on high. The burner has also turned on by itself when not being used. I have called with my concern for the safety of my family as I believe this to be a fire hazard. I believe this appliance should be recalled, but I have been told that my appliance does not have the model # of the ones that are recalled. We are waiting for another service member but in the meantime worry about the hazard this poses to my family! Sears has offered no help or concern as they believe my appliance is not one of the many recalled. I fear for the safety of my home and family.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I purchased this Kenmore 94173 range online and so wish I did not. My old oven's control panel exploded and I decided to get a new oven versus repairing the old one. I do like the stove. My one issue is keeping the black glass top smudge/fingerprint free. The glass top is just about impossible to keep shiny. I have tried the recommended glass top cleaners by Kenmore and they have failed horribly. No matter which product I have tried, nothing so far has removed the smudges. Even though the glass top is clean, it looks terrible. Really disappointed that Kenmore does not realize the frustration of black glass tops. Now I place teapots and the like on the stove to hide Kenmore's idiocy.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Purchased Kenmore Electric Range Model 9622 Sept. 2007. First use of self-cleaning burned the paint off panel above oven vent (which happens to be RIGHT UNDER THE MAIN CONTROL PANEL!!! Same vent drips profusely during use of oven. Days before Thanksgiving, either 2013, or 2014, large eye on left makes a loud pop, then stops working. Thought it would be no biggie. (Didn't purchase extended warranty). It was a REAL BIGGIE. The problem was in the main control panel. $650 to repair. Twice what I paid for the stove originally!

(Should have just sold it without eye working and used the money to offset new range). Yesterday, while trying to heat the oven just to 375°, it made a HUGE pop and tripped my breaker. It did that twice, then, shut down 2 more times with same loud pop, without tripping the fuse. The last hoorah was when IT WASN'T EVEN BEING USED!!! Same loud pop, and completely shut off. Pulled it out from the wall to find an electrical burn on the wall, and hole burned through the cover plate. Inside, the piece to hold one of the sets of wires is completely melted.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Power went out due to windstorm and when it came back on I realized my Kenmore Elite 42562 4.6 cu. ft. Slide in Electric Range wouldn't work. Sears sent a repairman and it was about $900.00 to repair since it was the electronic controls. The range cost $2000.00 and I had it for just over a year so I wanted it fixed. They said I needed 4 parts, but after almost 2 months I had only received 1 part. Eating out is expensive so it was frustrating. Then I received a call from customer service saying they can't get the parts. Customer service is having the part picked up tomorrow by UPS and will then credit me, but I assume I will be out the cost of my range. I am beyond frustrated and when I looked online tonight the range is still for sale. Do not buy this range!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Sear Kenmore Elite Range 79032363E410 - Oven does not keep temperature at all. One time it just canceled program on its own. Oven is off 20-30 degrees. Tech told me to buy a regular temperature oven gauge which I did. It was off 50 degrees. My oven has been repaired 4 times. They have replaced coils, motherboard and even top ignitor, etc. They told me one more time and I could get a new one. I am having them come out once again to repair because it is doing same thing. I bought extended warranty and glad I did. This is the worst oven.

Originally bought different oven and it was defective and they kept on delivering 4 bad ovens. So they upgraded me to this one so basically this is my 5th oven! If you have a choice-DO NOT BUY any Sears appliance products because I purchased 5 Kenmore Elite products when remodeling and all but my dishwasher had to be repaired or replaced more than once. You can go online to check numbers to see who makes them. Mostly LG makes Kenmore. LG is also bad product. Spend the money if you have and go with a really good oven brand.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Kenmore double wall oven 790.49529312 only 2 years old will not maintain temp. Licensed repairman told me that Kenmore places its name on multiple makes and found it to actually be a Frigidaire product. Guy came to home replaced motherboard for $300.00. Did not fix the problem so used Sears chat to assist w/ diagnosing issue, now being told temp sensors for $132.00 for parts only, need 1 for each oven need to be replaced. Issue is oven will hold temp when empty but try to cook anything in it and it will drop to 200 degrees. Told humidity affects the way oven picks up temp readings. $2799.00 originally priced piece of garbage. Can't talk to actual person unless you can understand a thick India accent. Do not buy from Sears.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

This is the worst stove I have ever had, the oven control panel went out one year and two weeks after purchase from Sears, replaced the oven panel cost over $100.00. One year later it has gone out again. BAD BAD STOVE... DO Not buy this stove.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I wanted to buy a new oven for my 88 year old mother who lives in a mobile home. There was only one model, Kenmore 24inch, white, gas model that fit her space. This oven was bought site unseen as there were no floor models available. Installed and with all the extra charges the cost was $1600. The oven itself was 1499.00. I live in another area so upon visiting my mother and seeing the new oven which has absolutely NO BELLS OR WHISTLES. This is a basic on off oven and broiler. OH it does have a clock... What a piece of garbage!!!

The design is stupid with broiler in a bottom drawer, it's barely hot enough on HI to broil anything, the door corners were chipped, the oven glass steams up when using the broiler, the temperature gauge is way off in the oven, the installation looks cheap and incomplete. If I had seen all of this within the 30 day return period this oven would be returned... But my only recourse now is to inform anyone who might be considering this oven to consider that the only pro...is that it is cheap in every way!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a Kenmore Elite 14 months ago and used the self cleaning for the first time and when I opened the oven after the cleaning cycle was completed the paint on the bottom of the oven was blistered. I have made over 10 calls to Kenmore/Sears and have gotten nowhere because I didn't purchase the extended warranty, so now I have a $1700 oven that I can't use. Kenmore and Sears need to stand behind their products. To everyone that I have shown the pictures of the inside they all say this is a defect and not to use the oven since it's getting too hot that the paint blistered.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We installed a Kenmore gas range top. It is stainless steel and looks spectacular. The range performs extremely well and the temperatures seem to be very accurate. As for the value, again, I think things are grossly overpriced. We have owned this range for over 10 years and have never had the first service call.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Purchased a Kenmore Electric Range in March 2017. Last Monday night 11/06, while using the oven at 450 degrees, the glass in the oven door exploded and shattered. 3rd party technician arrived today for service appointment. Opened the door and confirmed the window was shattered (nice work genius) and informed me that it would take two additional weeks for the parts to arrive. In my opinion, if something this violent happens to a product, then I would say it's defective. I want my defective stove to be replaced!

I have spoke with exactly 10 Sears and Kenmore representatives today and have not received any assistance on the replacement of my defective stove. Even drove down to the store I purchased it from to seek some assistance... That was a useless waste of time! I have even had two representatives tell me that it usually takes seven or eight occurrences or service calls before they deem a product un-repairable and would consider replacing it. So... Kenmore and Sears would rather keep an appliance in service with risk to my family if the window decides to fully explode and shatter, rather than just replacing a range??? I have never experienced such a poor level of customer service as I have today.

This is a perfect example of why the Sears Holding stock is only at $4.50 per share this morning and the fact that they are closing another 100+ stores. They treated me like I was some sort of thieve and all I was trying to do is replace a defective range to keep my family safe. What really blew me away!!! I told the last customer service person that Kenmore does NOT stand behind their quality or product! Freddie's response was that Kenmore doesn't even produce or manufacture the ranges. They are made by Whirlpool and Kenmore slaps their brand name on the product. Freddie wasn't even fazed, almost like he didn't even care. Guess I wouldn't care either if I was working for a sinking ship!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Purchased a Kenmore electric range in 2004 for $299.00 from Sears. Oven and broiler stopped working. Appears to be an electronic control panel problem. This panel sells for at $240.00. This seems very unreasonable. Why is this?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Kenmore model # 79092803013 electric range oven started smelling plastic burn every time I turned on the oven. Well, I should have turned it off but I didn't. Thanks to God it didn't cause any major damages including fatalities. The baking and broiling elements stopped working and decided to open the back panel of the range. To my surprise the control board and the harness was burned and melted until changed to complete black. They should have recalled their products knowing their safety issues. The sad thing is all my appliances are Kenmore. I will never buy their products again. Be Aware!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Installers messed up cabinetry, didn't fix. Temp on oven wrong all the time. I had to build a 2" by 18" plug or it would have just been open to under my stairs.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We've had our Kenmore range for 14 years and have never had a problem. Oven works great and temperature is true to the setting you select. Would definitely recommend Kenmore.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Nice range and stove top, but the electronic controller failed, and replacing a couple of circuit boards cost two thirds of the cost of a new range.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Kenmore Elite Double Oven Range 7909731 - I would rate this and Sears customer service at -0- stars if I could. Purchased this range in November 2016. I do a good bit of baking, so paid to upgrade to Kenmore Elite convection double oven. I have purchased Kenmore appliances for over 25 years with no issues. This will be the last one. Began having issues with the convection oven's fan not working or maintaining temperature in December. Raw AND burned cookies. First service call in January. I was told there was nothing wrong with the temperature after the tech shot his laser thermometer in there to check, says I have to wait 15 minutes after the oven SAYS it's preheated to the set temperature and that I shouldn't put more than one thing in the oven... what? That's why you pay more for convection!

He replaced some screws that were sitting in the bottom and left. Whatever... tried baking muffins didn't rise, raw middles and burnt outsides. 2nd service call. The day tech was supposed to be there calls and says not coming, will order a new control panel and reschedule. After replacement, baking takes at least 20 minutes longer than recipe indicates, overbrowning outside. 3rd service call. This tech tells me the oven is 25 degrees over what it should be and recalibrated. Next baking attempt, the temperature decreases to 180. Ok, I'm thinking maybe I hit something.

Next day, baking again. Preheats to 350 and then starts beeping, flashing error codes FJ5. a locked and a 9 with \... Call Sears, tech scheduled for next day between 8 am and 5 pm, will call 30 minutes before arriving. Calls me in driveway and says he will not wait, will not come back and they are not allowed to call before the first call. Was on the phone at least 6 times with Sears customer service. When the tech comes back 5 DAYS LATER, he's never heard of the error codes and is ordering the same control panel that was replaced 6 months ago. This is ridiculous. I will never buy from Sears again. The lack of customer service is appalling.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Kenmore Electric Range Model 790. Do not purchase this product!! The past few years we have been dealing with this range going directly to broil while baking. Almost started a house fire when it first happened. After calling and writing Sears I have gotten no response, no help or assistance with repair and there has been no recall even though I have read hundreds of similar incidents. I have unplugged it, reset breaker, and it works for a week or two then does it again. I have learned to cook using broil but it gets too hot and code error F10 flashes. Absolute terrible product and I am disappointed in Sears for not helping people out and for safety reasons, getting these ranges out of peoples homes. No wonder Sears is all but going out of business. You cannot run a successful business selling this kind of appliance. PLEASE RECALL THIS ELECTRIC RANGE!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I purchased my Kenmore electric glass cooktop approximately 10 years ago, and it's been the worst stove my husband and I have ever had! Even from the beginning! It takes forever to heat up. I've had cheap stoves that preheat in half the time than this stove and this one cost us a pretty penny! Not to mention the burners that are supposed to be quick boil, HA! It's like that old adage, a watched pot never boils! And the minute we got it home, liquid leaked down the vent holes and got between the glass, and there was nothing in the manual about how to clean it, so there it stayed, disgusting looking for the past 10 years, annoying the ** out of me.

Until today when I saw something on Google and YouTube on how to clean that, FINALLY! So I did. Well, guess what? Those darn vents are extremely DANGEROUS! They are like razor blades. Sears should make those things so they are dull around the edges. I sliced my finger open on them and had to go to urgent care. Why is it so darn difficult to clean inside that glass anyway, yet so easy for it to get dirty? Nobody want drips of grease running down inside their glass forever! Disgusting! Ir to have to injure themselves trying to clean it. On top of that, now my oven front has a gap from the glass! What do I do? I hate Kenmore! Worst oven ever!

Original review: July 26, 2017

My husband and I purchased a Sears Kenmore Stove 15 months ago. Starting in January we had problems with the electronics. We called and it took a repairman 3 weeks to evaluate the stove as he had no idea what was wrong with it. He ordered parts and we called to make another appt when the parts arrived. That took two weeks. He came to install the new parts and found out they were the wrong parts. Another two weeks went by and repairman came and installed new electronic system in stove. We had inquired about another stove but they refused and said this one could be fixed. Within an hour of him leaving the electronics went out again.

Called and made another appt in two weeks time. He came out again and just rewired the original parts and from then on it seemed fine till tonight. We used the oven last night it was fine and came home today and the entire display on the stove is out. No lights to use the oven whatsoever. We had not taken the extended warranty because our parents had Kenmore's for years. We are on a fixed income and do NOT have the money $90 service call and replacement parts of $360 - to spend on the stove. It would be more than we paid for the stove in the first place. I have tried every Sears # I can find and no one is willing to help me - they just say "what do u want me to do". I want my stove fixed the right way and so it lasts.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I purchased this stove (Kenmore Elite Range 79078303013) a couple of years ago. I called to order a replacement part and received the wrong one. Just to get a return label to return the wrong part and get the new one has taken 5 phone calls and over 5 hours on the phone in different occasions! So I called again to replacement the part and it's no longer manufactured! I am being sold a replacement part for 3 times of its original price. I am very disappointed with the quality of the product.

Did I mentioned I purchased a stainless steel range for it to have Plastic all around it? I hate it!!! I feel cheated on this purchase. I didn't notice it was plastic top range trim on the stove until it Broke. By that time it was too late to return. I cook a lot, when ever you use the oven and stove it brakes with the heat. After all it's plastic. After spending 3 hours just today to order part and sure it will fit no solution was made. When I ASKED TO TALK TO A SUPERVISOR OR MANAGER I NEVER GOT TO. Waited over 2 hours just to find my call dropped or accidentally disconnected. Over all I will never purchase from Sears ever again!! This stove is not near a Stainless steel stove. My part was never ordered or my questions were never answered. I have a stove with broken trim fairly new.

Original review: June 21, 2017

In November of 2014 we purchased a Kenmore "Elite" 790 series oven from Sears. On June 12, 2017 the unit caught fire and burned the control panel to a molten mass of wires. Except for extraordinary presence of mind killing the electrical circuit we would have had a serious house fire. I contacted Sears and they refused to repair or replace the unit because it wasn't covered by their warranty. So now I own a $2000.00 range which is apparently only functional for 2 1/2 years. Needless to say I could have leased a range for less money and at least the leasing company would have replaced it. I will never again purchase from Sears.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Kenmore oven Model 790.9745 - We purchased our house in July 2014 and didn't notice at the time that the front glass of the oven was missing. We ordered a new glass front, installed it and a few months later, the front glass exploded and went all over the kitchen. Then we realized that must have been why the glass was missing when we bought the house. We replaced the glass again and the other day the same thing happened. Three times in three years. Each time someone was standing near the oven while it was baking at 350 degrees when the glass exploded. We were lucky no one got hurt.

It was unusual that the dogs or kids weren't in the kitchen with us at the time as they usually are! In addition to the glass exploding three times that we know of, the control panel had a F-10 error which is "run away temperature". The smoke detectors went off in the house to alert us to that problem due to the extreme heat coming from the oven. This oven needs to be recalled. It seems like this is a problem many people have had in reading the reviews!

Original review: June 5, 2017

Kenmore Double Oven Electric Range: The bottom oven is 50 degrees hotter than what the oven is set at. The owner's manual has a section on how you lower or higher the temperature by 35 degrees, but when going through the steps, it appears that the instructions are to change the setting from Fahrenheit to Celsius. So I am unable to use this workaround. It would have only changed it 35 degrees, and I needed it to change 50 degrees. I bought this oven for baking. So it is essentially useless to me.

Original review: May 22, 2017

We replaced our 18-year-old Kenmore Glass Top Range with another one, once we lost a two burners. Because we were pleased with the old one otherwise, we replaced it with an updated and similar model. Although, we like the convection aspect of this range, the glass portion cracked mysteriously and we had to have two associates come out to confirm the problem to replace it under warranty. The newer Kenmore, Whirlpool appliance do not seem as durable as the older one. We are disappointed and will look to other brands in the future. Glass broke within the first 6 months

Kenmore Appliances expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Kenmore is one of the oldest names in the cooking appliances industry, with a history stretching back more than 100 years. Its re-introduced range of cooking appliances dominated the home market during the economic boom after World War II.

• Dedicated product lines: Kenmore's product lines are each tailored for a specific consumer profile, and the company's engineers work to ensure that each customer can find a device perfectly suited to his or her requirements.

• Generous Warranties: Kenmore offers a one year manufacturer's warranty on most cooking appliances, and a two year replacement warranty on ceramic and glass cook tops.

• Convenient support: Kenmore's relationship with Sears often allows consumers to visit Sears brick and mortar locations to receive in-person technical support and maintenance.

• Rewards programs: Kenmore is known for maintaining robust buying rewards programs, allowing consumers to accumulate points that can be redeemed for cash back, special discounts and other perks.

• Award winning: Kenmore is a frequent recipient of industry rewards and has received accolades from Consumers Digest and Women's Choice, among others.

• Flexible shipping and installation: Kenmore offers a variety of ways for buyers to receive and install their cooking appliances. Its close partnership with Sears means that buyers can easily schedule in-home appointments with local personnel.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs