Kenmore Ovens

Kenmore Ovens

2.7/5 (690 ratings)

About Kenmore Ovens

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Kenmore Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I have always purchased Sears Kenmore appliances - refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, washing machine. Love them. I was sorry To hear that Sears closed down all the stores in New Jersey. I bought their products for many years and trusted them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

It’s a Kenmore elite. It’s a very nice range. However we have had issues with the controls. They say to replace the board. That’s very expensive. Sometimes it doesn’t help. They say replace it again.... It turned out to be a bad interface at the plug on the board. It didn’t cost anything to fix but time. Probably over a hundred hours of research that didn’t help. I just happened to have 30 years experience troubleshooting equipment and as soon as I quit looking for answers and figured it out on my own. Poor soldering. Shouldn’t Ever happen.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I have had for nine years with no issues. All units works and oven is a great self-cleaning one. It is way to clean the top. Everything works the way it should. My only issue is I hate the stains inside the oven door window you cannot get to.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I have bought Sears/Kenmore products. Even though today is not like many, many years ago. I dislike going to a hardware store to buy appliances. Cookie-cutter appliances. Just 3 years ago, I purchased a refrigerator, convection stove, and dishwasher.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The stovetop grids are so easy to clean, you can lift them completely off and polish the stove surface. Nice variety burners and center for grill, easy to make multiple pancakes at once. Oven is large and easy to clean, racks remove easily.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

This stove/oven was actually purchased by my mother. She loved Kenmore products. The item in my opinion is okay and I have no problems with its performance. It's just not the appliance I myself would have purchased.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I have always bought Kenmore appliances and invested in their maintenance agreements. When my old (15 years) became unrepairable, the maintenance agreement replaced it with a 5 burner double oven with a convection feature. I love it. I trust Kenmore appliances.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

First electric stove top and while it did take some adjusting from cooking on a gas range, I am happy I chose my 6 burner Kenmore stove/oven. The Turbo boil and warm zone are a huge plus. Really one one place for a large pan, which is upfront so that is good. This is for a smaller to medium kitchen in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I have an electric glass top. Although I hate cleaning dust off of it every day. Being black any little mess shows up. But it’s an amazing stove top. Heats up food quickly. All over heat. Looks sleek and really is a wonderful addition to finalize our kitchen.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

The range is easy to use and heats up really fast. It would be better if it had an induction system. The range does not appear to come with a hood and fan system which would be helpful if they did offer those to go with it. I like that it comes in different colors. Very helpful that it comes in gas and electric. Knobs come off for easy cleaning and the top raises so you can get underneath.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Purchased about 13 years ago so I realize things can start going wrong. This was my first (and last) glass top range as I had always wanted one. The heating is not stable. Of course being electric, it does turn itself on and off but that just regulates the temp of the element not your pan. Hard to keep clean especially if you spill something that has sugar in it, like bbq sauce, and it burns on as you still have to cook and burner takes a while to cool. I grew up using gas stove/oven at home. Upon moving around, I have come to get used to electric and when glass tops came along, I really wanted one. I am over it now. Ready to get gas back.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Stops working if we shut off the oven and restart it, to adjust temp or if we need to put something back in because it was not done as we thought, only way to fix it is to pull the heavy oven away from the wall to get to the plug, unplug it, plug it back in, which is a disaster as it's too heavy for me!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I rent my home so I didn't buy this stove but I use it pretty much every day. It's a white Kenmore, ceramic top with 4 burners. One of those is a double burner. I just did the self cleaning on it, which took 3 hours (not as long as some ovens). It burned off pretty much everything but left some crusties between the crack of the door and the oven but other than that it cleaned itself great (I just had to wipe the ash out). The top is fairly easy to clean but to get the ceramic really clean and shiny I use the Kenmore cooktop ceramic cleaner. It's wonderful.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Poor quality material. It is rusting in every corner! Also is coming apart. The control panel is loose. The burners are getting hard to clean. The top oven, I keep it covered with aluminum foil, otherwise if you cook something and it falls on the top of the stove, it’s going to stain the paint.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I have had my Kenmore Range and Self Cleaning Oven for 16 years. The oven has convection and it’s so wonderful to be able to rapidly cook things fast and have them ready for my hungry family to eat. My stovetop works wonders to cook on. I am a Self proclaimed Chef. My friends and family are amazed at the food I prepare on my 16 year old Range and Oven.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I have a double oven and it's great except one thing, the side oven is so small that really nothing fits inside to bake. You have to order special size pans AMD let's face it, no one wants to go out of their way to do that let alone bake a tiny one person cake or 4 small rolls. I don't want to take away from regular oven but I believe the tiny baby oven should be an inch to two inches bigger at least to put regular size pans even if it's for warming.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Sears Kenmore has made some of the most reliable appliances I have ever purchased! I purchased my stove in 1998 and I'm still using it. It isn't digital; which I prefer because digital appliances need too many repairs and are very costly when the circuitry breaks down. The con is they don't brown as well as metal ovens. I'm saddened to see Sears closing its stores. I would definitely research to find who carries Kenmore when purchasing appliances, as I'm sure they have updated them.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Kenmore Elite line is not ELITE at all. Poor workmanship for an overpriced appliance. Oven door glass broke within first 3 months. Screws for door handle were too long and cut into glass, shattering it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

We wanted a conduction stove/oven and after looking at more than 73 different brands and models we went with the Kenmore Elite. It has 2 ovens, which is great when you need to make more than one dish, the only 2 problems I have with it. Neither oven is big enough to stand a spiral ham up (20 lb turkey fit okay) and you can't use foil (that is how I was taught to cook turkey). We also love the options to lock both ovens and cooktops to prevent accidental turn on. The stovetop with the large burner (3 different size elements) comes in handy and the middle back with flex heating.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

It’s lasted at least 15 years. The glass flat top is impressively flawless. Recently the two left burners died but other than that, it’s done its job well! The self cleaning oven, you still definitely have to vacuum out when finished the cycle.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Oven is self-cleaning, makes spills easier to resolve; heat distribution makes baking a joy; from soufflés, casseroles to cakes, your end result is cooked to your taste. Broiled foods are easier; resulting in healthier eating for this senior!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I would like a little louder alarm, I would also like to have a plug in on the back panel. I also would like to make it easier to clean inside of the glass. Otherwise I really enjoy my electric stove. The last one I had lasted 24 years of hard use. Since I love to cook and bake.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Good working stove. It is easy to use and very few people have complained about them. If there are problems with the stoves, they're easy to repair. Kenmore is a well known name. It is trusted around the world. Other products of Kenmore have been good working and easy to use too.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

This is a 5 burner, push button range with a convection oven and warmer draw. It has auto settings for convection bake, bake, broil, meat, cakes, and breads. You can auto set to pre-heat oven, oven cook time, delay start, and add minutes. It has flex clean. It also comes with a griddle. Best range ever!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Kenmore has always been a leader in appliances and I have a wonderful stove that is easy to clean and includes enough room to cook a Thanksgiving meal! It has electronic ignition which has revolutionized lighting pilots on the stove top and an igniter that engages in the oven once a certain temperature is reached! I’m sure all brands include this technology but I’ve researched by virtue of customer reviews that Kenmore shines in less repairs overall! In appearance, it is beautiful and enhances the aesthetic value of your kitchen! Easy, understandable controls keep you adept of the functionality and less time reading handbooks! All in all, I have been quite content in my satisfaction of the Kenmore label! Congratulations to an innovative dependable company????

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

There are some small things that bug me; the alarm/sound it makes are very annoying, it is very loud and ugly; the touch switches on the control surface are way over sensitive, For example, when you wipe the surface all timers and lights go on.

Original review: June 1, 2020

This is the second electric oven I purchase from Kenmore. The first broke in 2 yrs... The second a yr.. I spend so much money... Still dont have a working stove.. it's GARBAGE!!.. The same with 2 washer machine.. GARBAGE!!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I bought my Kenmore range a few years ago and I smell gas especially when using the broiler. A serviceman did come out and also checked the oven temp. He said all was fine. I still smell gas when using the broiler for a few minutes. I must also preheat the oven long and set 5-20 degrees higher. Sears should have stuck with Kenmore, Craftsman, and their durable jeans. They started sending their work out and that was their downfall. What a shame!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore Gas Range Model 790.74419810 on September 6, 2019 from a local Sears store in Southern California as a gift for my niece. The appliance was not delivered to my niece until October 29, 2019. Just 29 days after having the appliance installed my niece was cooking Thanksgiving dinner on November 28, 2019 at 350 degrees when she heard a loud crash from the kitchen. She ran in the kitchen to discover that the inner oven door glass had shattered all over the inside of the range peppering Thanksgiving dinner with shards of hot glass. Her Thanksgiving dinner was completely ruined and the only thing she had to be thankful about was that her two year old son was nowhere near the shards of hot glass when the oven door glass shattered.

After further research the day after Thanksgiving we learned that Sears has had this issue with Kenmore ranges ever since 2011 and numerous injuries have resulted over the past 8 years. Despite countless complaints to the CPSC Sears has chosen not to issue a recall nor take the affected model off the market. My wife and I attempted, on November 29, 2019, over the phone with the third party in India Sears has outsourced customer to, to acquire a refund for the obviously defective product but the only response we received was a technician would come out to verify that the glass had actually shattered.

As a last resort to get some sort of satisfaction, my wife and I returned to the Sears store on Black Friday November 29, 2109 where we purchased the defective product and forced the store manager to pick up the defective range and refund our money. The Kenmore Gas Range Model 790 is a dangerous product that will soon severely injure someone. Sears is negligent and has with full knowledge continued to sell a dangerous and defective product and all the while focused on profit rather than safety. Please help save the public from this corporate greed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

This was a brand new unit in my brand new house. From day one I had problems with both the oven and microwave. First-after using the microwave for a couple weeks, I noticed the handle had become loose. No problem I thought, I'll just tighten the screws-nope. The screws are not accessible. They are hidden under the plastic frame and are not able to get to. I called Sears' authorized service, they came out, and because of the poor design flaw, they had to replace the entire door=$500.00, which was covered. Now the oven, it never has heated properly and when I went to use it, it made a loud humming noise, then when I went to use the broiler, the cooling fan you could hear, was scraping against the sides of something inside. Once again, Sears service was called, came out, had to order a new fan/motor. To access the fan/motor, they had to pull the unit from the wall, and in doing so, tore my wall up a little bit.

When they sat it on the floor to work on it, they didn't put anything under it and there were major dents in my new luxury vinyl flooring. They got it repaired, re-installed it and it worked fine until yesterday. The microwave door handle is loose again also. I called Sears service yesterday and explained to them it's doing the exact same thing it was when they were here before. The representative informed me it would be a service charge of something like $250.00/hr. I couldn't believe it-I told him it's doing the same thing it did before. Their response- their repairs only have a 90 day warranty. I told him I wasn't paying for what obviously is a poorly designed appliance. I informed him I would contact my attorney. Bottom line- every mechanical and electrical device will have its issues over time, to me, it's about how the manufacturer stands behind their product. Will not buy a Sears product again.

Kenmore Ovens Company Information