Kenmore Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Kenmore Dishwashers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Kenmore Dishwashers Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Reviewed March 16, 2019

They make the racks of cheap plastic which continue to break. The bottom rack wheels fall Off constantly. The top rack plastic pieces that the rollers attach to (4 of them) have. All snapped off. I have it attached using twisty ties. It would be so easy for them to make a quality rack but I’m sure they rake in tons of $$ for replacement parts. Make a good product and stop robbing your customers!!! I’m off to Home Depot again for another workaround.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore dishwasher in June of 2018. The dishwasher is now leaking. I called customer service and spoke with two people who could barely speak English. There is a 1 year manufacturer's warranty on the product but I was told that if the technician that came out determined that the problem was not covered under the warranty I would have to pay a $150 service fee! What kind of warranty is that? I will never purchase an appliance from Kenmore or Sears ever again!!! Horrible experience!

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2019

One day after my warranty was up, my one year old dishwasher died. I contacted Kenmore, and was told, "Tough luck." I spoke with a manager, and was told the same. Their only response was they would be happy to send a serviceman, but I was responsible for payment. This is the last time I ever purchase a Kenmore product again. I have been a loyal customer, but no more.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2019

My kids gave me a brand new dishwasher as a Christmas present bought from Sears. It stopped working after two washes and a technician came to repair it and told me that there was a shortage which wiped the whole electrical system. I contacted Sears and stated that this has to be malfunctioning at the factory and need to replace it not repair it. However, I am still fighting them. It is a horrible experience.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2019

I bought a Kenmore dishwasher 18 years ago, but rarely being used as I live alone. I used it for some guests not long ago, the programming has been messed. There is instruction about how to reboot the programs in case it is not working. Sears is famous in eager to send you repair person to get your money instead of putting instruction in manual regarding this problem. They do not offer online or on phone tech support like other big item companies do. No wonder so many Sears are out of business now as their customer support is extremely poor. Just do not buy their product in the future!

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2019

This dishwasher was purchased brand new in 2013. By 2016 we had to completely replace the core mechanical guts of this dishwasher. And now in January 2019 it is failing again. When it works it does a great job. But what kind of appliance which cost $1000 has a life expectancy of three years before needing its entire motor assembly to be replaced. And then two years after that it is not working. Kenmore is garbage! No wonder Sears is going under. Apparently Kenmore is made by Whirlpool. They should be ashamed of themselves. Do not buy a Kenmore dishwasher before reading the plethora of bad reviews.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2019

Our landlord bought a Kenmore dishwasher brand new and it didn't work. The spinning blade on the bottom would not spin. So, after calling customer service

and scheduling a technician, who was more eager to come for refrigerator repair, said he will talk to the landlord and the parts are ordered. Ordered? This young man would not tell me what would be replaced and when the part would come. After ten days during Christmas and New Year we weren't able to use the dishwasher.

The parts wouldn't arrive so we heard from customer service that nothing was ordered for our dishwasher. Excuse me? And customer service put me on hold and disconnected me twice. I certainly can say Sears does not care about customer service. A second person came without cloth or so broke our drain and replaced the motor blade leaving the defect motor behind and a very messy kitchen floor. What can I say. We are NOT using the dishwasher because its cycle is over 3 hours and it does not clean and dry properly. Prewash and manual kitchen towel drying is needed. We went back to old fashioned way with five people in the household. I would never buy from Sears. Worst experience ever. And two years living without dishwasher because landlord just bought it new.

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2019

I purchased this dishwasher because it had great reviews from Consumer Reports! After 3 years the bottom power wash blade has stopped working, and the appliance repairman said the motor is shot, and it's leaking. He suggested buying a new dishwasher! I paid $1100 for this machine. No, I did not purchase an extended warranty. In addition around the same time I purchased a Sears side by side refrigerator that we keep in our garage. The temperature gauge had to be replaced as well. What has happened to Sears quality. I will never purchase another Sears appliance again.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2019

DO NOT BUY KENMORE DISHWASHERS. Ours (Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher) quit working after 20 months of use. We did not buy the extended warranty because we thought it should last at least 5 years before anything would break. Wrong. I have called the customer care phone numbers several times. Did not get anyone that speaks fluent English. Very frustrating. And they keep forwarding you to a different area.

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. I found out had we bought the 5 year warranty it would only cover the services call(s) 100%. Had you needed new parts for you appliance you would get $25% off of the part but you the customer would have to pay 75%. Our particular part that is bad costs $156 plus tax and shipping so we still would of ended up paying like $140 dollars to maybe get it up and running again. Sears stores are closing but they still plan to sell Kenmore online so do not make the same mistake we did. Enough said.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2018

Bought a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher a few years ago. Almost every component, from the electronics to the plastic parts on the racks, have failed and needed replacing. The worst instance was when the plastic rollers fell off and melted, resulting in a toxic smell permeating our daughter's brand new silicone baby bottles. We will NEVER purchase a Kenmore product again and hope to save someone else the headache and repair costs (hundreds of dollars before we realized it was a money pit).

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2018

Came home Thanksgiving night to the immediate smell of burning plastic. Opened the dishwasher to see a flame at the bottom, the entire inside and all components melted, as well as all of my dishes cracked and melted! No recalls on this model and Kenmore/Sears hung up on me when I asked for a manager because they want to charge me $90 for a repair technician to come tell me it can't be fixed! Thank God my husband, kids, and I were not sleeping when this happened.

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2018

Bought a Kenmore 665 series dishwasher less than 3.5 years ago for $600. For the past 6-8 weeks I’ve been trying to determine why it works intermittently, usually just filling, heating, and draining, while not washing and not even dissolving the soap, and other times working ok... And I’m pretty good at researching and repairing. We were getting error codes in the diagnostics and replaced parts. Now we rarely get error codes but usually it doesn’t wash or dissolve at all even when there are no codes. A repairman costs half of a new machine and the worst part is that it’s not even 4 years old. We gave up and have a Bosch ordered, hoping for better luck. Note that Whirlpool makes Kenmore...

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2018

We purchased a top of the line dishwasher 2 years ago (Kenmore Elite). All of our appliances are Kenmore. It was around $700-$800. It quit advancing the washing cycle. It would cost us $600 just for the part to fix it and Kenmore pretty much told us "sorry about your luck". Needless to say, we will purchase future appliances from Lowe's or Home Depot.

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2018

Model: 665.12763K312. I ran the 3+ year-old Kenmore Elite dishwasher on 4 hour delay cycle but it didn't shut off during the night. The next morning, it was still cycling with water running through it. The counter tops above the dishwasher were too hot to touch. I immediately cancelled the cycle. After a few minutes, we opened the door and the blast of heat/steam set off the heat detector/smoke alarm in the kitchen. Inside the plastic cups were misshapen due to excessive heat, a drinking glass was cracked from the heat, and my the finish on my plates was crazed/etched/rough. Many online reports say there was a fire hazard for other models, but the recalls have already ended. Kenmore offered to send a repair person out, but I declined. It's too much of a fire risk to ever use this one again.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2018

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher 1 year ago. We spoke to the salesman about family needs and washing dishes multiple times a day. He sold us on this make and model 665.1354. Since the purchase the washer has proven to disappoint, top rack dishes are never clean and leaves dried on debris in glasses after being rinsed that has to be soaked off. Silverware also are always dirty still.

On top of all of that the top rack will no longer stay attached to the wheels on the sliding track, all four attachments are now broke making it impossible to use the top rack. When I called customer service and the parts department both departments gave me the runaround and will not replace the part stating it is out of warranty. I am extremely disappointed. After one year to have a machine that is falling apart after the money spent! Sears customer service is terrible! They also use the fact that we did not buy the extended service plan against the consumer. The truth is no 1 year dishwasher should have these issues very poor quality!

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2018

We are a household of 2 adults, no children. We are probably easier on this appliance (Kenmore Elite Dishwasher) than most busy families, and yet the upper rack rollers break at least once a year. We’ve had it for 5 years and I’ve spent > $125 on replacement parts. The rack rollers are brittle plastic and break easily. When they break, the dishwasher is useless as the tach will no longer align with the ports in the back of the unit. The manufacturer needs to offer a recall or permanent fix with quality materials. The dishwasher is quiet, and cleans well, but is poorly designed as far as the plastic parts are concerned. I've had cheaper dishwashers last longer without this maintenance problem. This will be my last Kenmore... EVER!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I just purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher Model 14012, and the posts that hold up the dinner plates, on the bottom rack, have been reduced in height an inch or so, and now the dinner plates flop over and do not stand up straight. I had a GE dishwasher before this changeover, and the same dinner plates were erect; it appears that Kenmore has decided to "scrimp" on these posts, and this way they can get an extra bottom rack every 20 or 30 racks that are made. All for profit!!! Customer service was NO HELP at all.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore dishwasher (Model 66513409N411) 3 years ago and the motor is shot. Was told it would cost $550 to replace! Service technician said that with the high efficiency washers the motors don't last as long. That is crazy! Will never purchase a Kenmore brand again.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

This is the second Kenmore product I have bought that has not even lasted 5 years. This dishwasher stopped heating up for washing and drying. The repairman said it would cost $380 to repair as the control board needs to be replaced. I saw there is a recall related to the control board on Kenmore dishwashers but my model is not on the list. I will never by Kenmore products again. Model number 665.13262K113.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

Our Kenmore Elite Dishwasher purchased from Sears is less than 3 years old. Since the very beginning the door was very hard to open putting significant pressure on the flimsy plastic panel above the latch. It started to crack a year ago so we were very careful. However this week the plastic panel and latch just crumbled in our hands. Use of the machine is fairly low since there are only two people in the household. Seems unreasonable to pay for repair given such poor design.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 26, 2018

Paid big bucks for the Kenmore Elite dishwasher (Model 665.1279) and it has leaked and bulked my hardwood floors. After supposedly repairing my dishwasher it has leaked again and another part ordered. Not only have I been weeks without a dishwasher it is still not repaired and waiting for another part. This dishwasher should have been recalled due to a problem with the motor and other faulty parts. I will never depend on Kenmore for my appliances. Kenmore has failed its customers. Supposedly I was supposed to have a call from damage claim but have not heard. One problem is that Sears has only people that can't understand English and lack communications problems, therefore this presents a problem in getting results. Will never buy another Kenmore product.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

We purchased a Kenmore dishwasher about five years ago. Do not buy a Kenmore dishwasher. Parts fail and they leak. Our kitchen floor (new) was ruined. My husband fixed the first leak. This was a small part that cost $5 online. Of course the warranty had just run out??? Two years later and something else is leaking. I guess he is going to have to try and fix it again. Cheap crap, manufactured without adequate quality control (yes I work in shipping/logistics so am aware of the shortcuts). You pay enough for these things but they do not last. My advice is to stay away. There is a reason that Sears is failing and disappearing. Maybe this is why.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Purchased a Kenmore Elite 14742N513 dishwasher a month ago. Our 22 yr old Kenmore started leaking so we replaced. 3 weeks now from purchase and 3 service visits later plus a part replacement, still no decent wash - soap remained at the bottom of the tub, residue on dishes and it did not even dry the load! What a waste of time! Luckily, we purchased a service warranty from Sears and we'll be able to ask for a replacement... see how that goes.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Absolutely the worst customer service experience in my 66 years on this earth. Bought a new Kenmore washer which arrived damaged. Was told we had to report damage in 3 days and they would not do anything. Turned on the machine and it sounded like metal on metal grinding. Called Sears again and they sent out the repairman who says the bottom of the machine is crushed and missing a suspension rod and not worth repairing. Just trying to get service from Sears has been such a nightmare. I cannot imagine trying to get a replacement washing machine. What a goat rope this has been. I expect we will be buying a new washing machine and I guarantee you it will not be a Kenmore!!! WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Kenmore is recommended to me by someone that bought the brand and was very satisfied by it and I decided to try the brand. The capacity of the dishwasher is of a good quantity and very practical for many plates and cups. It is very convenient and the thoroughness of the washing. It is much better than other brands. But it does not rinse out correctly when the dishwasher is too full and the spacing between the units is cramped up. The stains remain on the glasses and it does cause an inconvenience at times.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

My mother has always owned Kenmore appliances and has very good luck with them. That is why I buy Kenmore and I have always been satisfied with their appliances including the dishwasher. It was a large capacity and lots of room for all my dishes and even my largest pots and pans. No need to prewash dishes and everything including pots and pans came out clean. Very easy to load and I liked where the silverware rack was located.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher does everything that I need a dishwasher to do which is to clean my dishes so I do not have to do them by hand. As a retired disabled American veteran with injuries from Vietnam the simple settings for washing dishes makes it easy for me to use. The settings are easy to understand and apply. It has been very dependable too. I have only had a repairman from Sears come to my condo only once and that was to replace the circuit board that had been fried from an electrical surge.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Our Kenmore dishwasher has a fairly large capacity, sufficient for my small family. The dishwasher performs quietly and gets our eating utensils dried spotlessly. The only problem I have is that the controls are not easy to get at. In my case, the kitchen countertop overhangs the dishwasher controls. Other than that, this purchase has to be one of my best investments. We went to Sears to price appliance and wound up with a package deal (ie: refrigerator, gas stove, and the dishwasher). They are all Kenmores.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

On my Kenmore dishwasher, it has a drying cycle that I like that best, it also has a stick on food cycle that I really like to use from time to time. I have seen reviews on this brand that was remarkable and I have friends and family members that have this type of Kenmore dishwasher and they really love it.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

My Kenmore dishwasher is a high-quality product built-in feature water temperature setting, various water settings, and various wash cycles for the amount or type of dishes loaded in. It has a powerful sprayer inside to get out the toughest stained dishes and gets my glasses sparkling clean and spotless. I had other dishwasher before but my Kenmore outlasted each one. Other brand seals wore out and leaked, or got clogged up or didn't clean my dishes as well.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Went out shopping over 20 years ago to Sears with limited money for dishwasher. Sales told me this was truly the best. Took him at his word and in all these years I have never had to pay for any repairs and still is efficient. It is very quiet, you can choose heat of water, and stop drying process and let air dry, has a special cycle to clean dishwasher. The dishes come out spotless without any extra rinses. The outside is still beautiful shiny black too. I love it. I would bet I have a miracle dishwasher, I don't know if it is as energy efficient as today's new one but I would never get rid of it.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher worked for many years and never needed servicing. It was functional and reliable. The original purchase price from Sears was competitive and that is what convinced me to buy it. The dishwasher was connected to a water supply at the sink. It was built in so I didn't have to use floor space in the kitchen to store it. It was fully automatic and was easy to operate. However, it took up a lot of (under) counter space which I could have used for storing pots and pans or other cooking utensils. It was not particularly energy efficient as well. While it did a reasonable job, it still left spots (watermarks). It also did not have a short cycle option to just rinse.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

It is a solid dishwasher that can be used a lot and doesn't break down. It has high capacity and looks like it would last a long time. It cleans really well and is not too loud.

Installation & SetupReliability

Reviewed March 2, 2018

My ex-husband purchased it while I was out of town, to surprise me. When it was purchased, circa 1998, it has a stainless interior, China setting, rinse only cycle, levers that came down for stemware, adjustable top rack, sanitizing cycle, and very quiet. I loved that dishwasher. It was great. The installation could have been better though. My ex didn't know what he was doing and cut a hole in one of the hoses and it took 2 weeks to get it replaced. Overall, for appliances, we always went to Kenmore first. The reliability and warranty were unbeatable. We owned several Kenmore appliances without disappointment.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

It came with the apartment that I rented and it matches the rest of the appliances. It is a basic dishwasher though and not like the fancier brands and models. This dishwasher has certain limitations, it doesn't do too much and sometimes it floods. It's good for washing dishes but I wish it would fit more dishes and wasn't so loud. However, I like that it has hot and cold and it has a rinse cycle feature.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

It had a cycle that was extra powerful and extra hot for baking dishes to make sure they were fully cleaned. It was a little pricier than I initially wanted to have but I liked it. The look was black stainless steel and it had a lot of the features that I liked and wanted because the previous dishwasher I had was horrible and wouldn't clean anything. The Kenmore dishwasher was inexpensive and I cook a lot in the oven and get tired of having to soak the dishes prior to putting them in the dishwasher. The only main issue I want changed is that it has water spots at times after they are dried. I have to take them out after they are washed and dry them off or they will spot.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2018

A couple of things I really liked about the Kenmore dishwasher I owned was it was very quiet while running. But the most important thing is that it was easy to clean the debris trap inside. However, one of the things I noticed is it would often not totally clean the dishes as it DID when I first got it. I would sometimes not always have to run the washer twice. I purchased because it came highly recommended by a friend who is very knowledgeable about major appliances. Still, it's a great machine. And yes, Kenmore has met my expectations and I am satisfied.

Reviewed Feb. 27, 2018

The Kenmore dishwasher is built 2015. We got a digital control panel and has automatic wash and drying cycles. It is also stainless steel and very modern looking. However, I don't like that the Kenmore dishwasher does not have the option just to steam dry or just dry heat the plates. It has to run a complete cycle until you use this feature. Nevertheless, Kenmore Elite is always the brand I try to buy with all my kitchen and home appliances. They are the brand that I trust and has good ratings and customer services.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2018

The Kenmore is a great dishwasher. I like the space inside and the way it cleans. My dishes always come out clean and I can fit a lot in it. However, it's a bit awkward in the way all the dishes sit in the bottom. It is easy to bump into and start. I would make it so it is not so easy to bump into and turn on. But other than that, the Kenmore Dishwasher was a good price for a top rated company. We have had Kenmore before and we're really happy with how it held up and how long it lasted, with very minimal repairs.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2018

A Kenmore is a good name brand and product and I feel every house should have a Kenmore dishwasher. You will love it from the First day you use it... It's just like getting a brand new toy. It work well from the first day I brought it until now. I love my new Kenmore and I had it for one year now. It's a good machine and it meets all yours needs and all of its expectations. It get your dishes nice and clean. It dry your dishes very well and you don't have to worry about wet dishes. Just use the right amount of dish detergent, and always use Jet-Dry dish detergent to keep your dishes nice, clean and dry.

Reviewed Feb. 23, 2018

The features I like most about my Kenmore dishwasher is the large capacity, the power scrub option, and the quietness of the machine. It has been a very good piece of kitchen equipment for me. It was already built-in to the kitchen of the home I purchased. I am happy with it, but I would like to have the cycle time be less (i.e., make the dishwasher more energy efficient). The longer the dishwasher takes to complete a full cycle, the more energy is being used and I like efficiency!

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2018

Kenmore had the best overall finish after being compared to Whirlpool and Frigidaire units. The different cycles were one of my favorite features. In addition, the "spray arm" seemed to really do a great job on the tough food residues sometimes found on my dirty dishes. But they should redesign the door seal so that no water is left as a residue after the load is done.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2018

We looked at different stores and different brands, but Sears had the Kenmore dishwasher on sale. I liked that it had a cutting board top, but I had to rub oil on it a lot to keep it looking good. I liked that it was movable and I could load it in the dining room and move it to the kitchen to run. I also liked that it opened from the top, it held a lot of dishes, not very noisy when running, and was easy to load dishes into it. I also had other Kenmore brand appliances and knew that they were a good dependable brand. But I disliked that when you hooked it to the faucet that you could not use the sink while it ran. It also would have been good to have the hose longer, and have the hook up to the faucet have it so you could still use the faucet. I also had to have the dishwasher tight up to the counter and I would have liked to have a longer electrical cord that plugged into the wall.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2018

The Kenmore Dishwasher was highly feasible, worked really well, cleaned really good and left very little soap suds or spots on the dishes. It was also strong, could count on it to clean good the first time most occasions. However, the motor played out on it and it generally never seemed like it was gonna lasts, cleaned powerfully and well until the motor burned out and was expensive. I buy most all of my brands from Kenmore, had sufficient space and generally worked well over than the motor not lasting that long as other dishwashers, but definitely gave the dishes a powerful clean.

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2018

I love my dishwasher. It's the greatest thing since slice bread. With all its bells and whistles how can there be anything nicer than that. In the future I would definitely buy another Kenmore product like the one I have now. Just fantastic!

Reviewed Feb. 21, 2018

We chose it as a suite of appliances from Sears and I liked that it matched the entire set of Kenmore appliances that we purchased from Sears. It was pretty quiet when we ran it, and it was energy efficient. We never had to buy a special high end dish detergent. But I did not like that the dishwasher did not like the hard water that ran through the water lines and it would literally stop working every other month until we ran at least one load empty with just a half gallon of cleaning vinegar through it. Also, it broke after 11 months. The valve broke off one morning mid-cycle and hot water flooded our kitchen and dining room. Kenmore did honor the warranty though and worked through our homeowners insurance.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2018

Kenmore is a brand that I know and trust from my youth into my adult age. With that and my understanding and research of other brands, I decided to move forward with the brand I trusted most. All of the features of the dishwasher appeal to me as I had a "dumb" basic dishwasher previously that could barely operate, so just the basic fact that this operated was a huge improvement over my previous dishwasher. It is cheap and simple but it could improve to work more towards automation and clean "smart" washing of dishes to allow for varying loads which use the most efficient water based on load. And on smart cleaning, if it could sense and focus on items which it may see as the most dirty for more cleaning than the other dishes.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2018

I like that it washed and cleans and dries our dishes greatly and efficiently. It is good, amazing, awesome, cool, fun and exciting to have and to hold for all time to come. This company has met our expectations in every way and in every way I like our dishwasher. It is fantastic.

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2018

Long ago, I thought that a Kenmore dishwasher was a nice one, but I was real disappointed with the quality of the product and chose another brand when we replaced our dishwasher. But the buttons on the Kenmore dishwasher were easy to read, therefore making it easy to operate. It seemed to do a good job cleaning the dishes and for a low cost dishwasher we were pleased. The main thing that we did not like about this dishwasher was the fact that it did not have the stainless steel insides, like the nicer Bose that we now own. So it stained very easy and was hard to clean.

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2018

Good everyday basic dishwasher. The short wash cycle cleans just as well as the long - saves time and energy. It has the push bubbles for controls which is easier to clean than the old-fashioned manual knobs and probably has longer life knobs. On the other hand, heated dry takes a long time. It is noisier than other models because it does not have good thick insulation surrounding the tub or any sound dampening in the motor area on surrounding the tub. It's a Whirlpool in disguise at a better price. It does a good job. Kenmore (Sears private label brand) does not do their own manufacturing but farm out to other makers to create the appliances for them.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2018

Kenmore has always been trusted. I looked at many other brands in store and Kenmore seemed to be the one with the most accommodations for my needs. That is why I picked it instead of others. I like that it has timers and notifies me when it is done. It is very simple to set it and walk away from it without issues. I love all accommodations it provides like smart wash. However, I don’t love the inside tray but that is just the way it happens to be built and I can’t change it. But, I like all of the extra features.

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2018

Kenmore was the dishwasher that came in the home I was renting. I liked all the various settings that could be used with it. The dishes also always came out very clean and tidy. I never had to put them back in again and rewash them which I can't say for other brands of dishwasher I have used. But I disliked how long it took to clean all the dishes. It felt like it took forever to just get that one load of dishes done. Also the drying cycle never fully dried the dishes so I would have to towel dry everything when it was done.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2018

I like that it really cleans all of my dishes and not just partially like most dishwashers I have used before in my life. It also lets me control the speed which is nice because you want to have some control over how fast it goes. I really liked what this brand had to offer as far as features and just overall capability. It is something I could see myself using for the next 10 years and getting the best quality out of it. But I would like if it could fit more dishes. I also would like if it was stainless steel at a cheaper price than what you would have to spend for that feature.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2018

Purchased the Kenmore Elite model when building a new home. This model was a great value with all the options wanted. It has proven extremely reliable and efficient.

Reliability

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2018

This Kenmore has a clean, sleek design and is very quiet. It's reliable and has many cycle options: the fast wash is thorough and saves time and water.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2018

This dishwasher is a medium price appliance which performs like a more expensive model. It is quiet and is thorough in cleaning. I have had it for nine years.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2018

Cleans well, adequate top rack positions, 1 to 9 hours delay start, adequately quiet, very durable. My dishwasher is about 14 years old. My racks are beginning to rust. Higher model has rust proof racks.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2018

My Kenmore dishwasher is over 10 years old and still cleans as well as the first day. Only complaint is the silverware container has been replaced twice. But overall, great dishwasher.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2018

Great product! Almost 20 yrs old and still does the job. Do not rinse beforehand - shake big scraps off. Not perfect on pans but fine on everything else. Believe it was manufactured by Whirlpool for Sears.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2018

It is a very quiet dishwasher. I like the fact that you can just wash the bottom or top rack individually. It also has an adjustable top rack. It cleans and dries very well.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2018

My last dishwasher broke down so it had to be replaced. My new Kenmore dishwasher looks better and cleans much better. I am happy with it. The one thing Ilike best is that I can put large - tall objects in it.

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2018

Malfunction after 2 years of use when we spent $1100. Poor design, expensive purchase with not much support to correct the problem. Have tried without success.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2018

This model is an 2002 Kenmore Elite dishwasher. Still works OK. Needs to be replaced but very dependable. Will look at another Kenmore, or Whirlpool.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2018

Kenmore brand has long been a favorite of mine. This dishwasher, 18 months old now, is perfect for my needs. Under the counter installation. Stainless steel exterior. Looks good, performs well, quiet operation. Don't recall the price I paid, but I am frugal, so it was not high-end.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2018

I have had my Kenmore dishwasher since we built our house 27 years ago. It is still working great. I wish it was quieter to run. Most of my Kenmore appliances have bit the dust but not the dishwasher.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2018

This Kenmore Elite dishwasher has a nice sleek appearance and does a good job in getting the dishes clean but it has a lot of plastic parts. After 2.5 years of use, the plastic wheels broke, the upper basket plastic parts began to deteriorate and had to be replaced. I felt for the price I paid, I should not have had to repair and replace parts so soon after initial purchase.

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2018

This dishwasher seems to take a long time to wash the dishes. You have to rinse everything off well before loading the dishwasher. Dishes are still wet when the dishwasher is done.

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2018

Kenmore Elite is one of those dishwashers that you have to prewash the dishes. I bought this about 5 years ago and it started leaking. I found out it was a $5 seal that has been discontinued EVERYWHERE. SEARS, WHIRLPOOL, AMAZON AND EBAY. NO LUCK. The best place for this dishwasher is a landfill. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2018

Just a great all around no nonsense straightforward everyday runner that just keeps working without any issues; that is easy to load and has very little wasted space.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2018

We bought a Kenmore Dishwasher in October at Sears because we believed at the time there was no consumer retailer with a more trusted name that a consumer could rely upon. NEVER AGAIN. We will NEVER SHOP AT SEARS AGAIN FOR ANYTHING AND WOULD LIKE TO WARN ALL CONSUMERS TO STAY AWAY AS WELL. Our brand new Kenmore worked middling well for the first few weeks, then we began to notice our dishes were not getting clean. We carefully went over the manual and adjusted several things: added more Jet-Dry so the dispenser was full, adjusted the knob for the Jet-Dry to maximum; moved the silverware holder so the soap dispenser would have no interference. But even with that, the dishes were not washing properly.

A repairman came to the house on December 28th. He made a few adjustments, and left. We tried again, and once again, our dishes did not clean. The soap dispenser ejected the soap, but the soap landed at the very top of the dishwasher and sat there like a lump of coal. It did not dissolve. So I called again. Now, I had to wait until January 10th. Today. Thirteen days for a repairman. I asked to speak with a manager and was told there was nothing anyone could do. Sears is apparently short on repairmen. So today I received a call from Sears. My repair had been injured on the job. My appointment was cancelled. Next available date-- JANUARY 22ND.

My brand new dishwasher that had NEVER worked properly was going to have to wait now ANOTHER TWELVE DAYS. AND THERE WAS NOTHING NO ONE COULD DO!!! I spoke to at least FIVE ADDITIONAL PEOPLE. And you are speaking to day players here. No one in a position of power. Customer no-service. No with a STAKE in SEARS. No one who gives a damn about you, or the company. The last woman I spoke with told me to stop yelling. I wasn't yelling, I told her. I was adamant. And so, welcome to Corporate America. This is what happens when companies get too big TO CARE. I can't even give the thing back b/c their return policy is 30 days. NOTHING BREAKS DOWN IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS! So we are stuck. Even if this damn thing gets fixed, it is a vastly inferior machine than we had before. So, stay away. Just stay away from sears altogether.

Updated on 02/05/2018: Whatever you do, do not buy from Sears. We are on repairman THREE. As soon as he arrived, he got on the phone. Repair via telecommuting. Dishwasher bought in late October worked for 2 weeks. It is now February. The motor stopped working in two weeks. First repairman who was condescending diddled with the computer and did not discover the broken motor. Repairman two did, but parts had to be ordered. Repairman Three is here now, telecommuting. Any bets on if I get a working dishwasher? Customer service is ineffectual and rude. I went to Sears because Sears used to a name that could be trusted. No more. Stay away.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2017

We bought a Sears Kenmore dishwasher around four years ago. In less than two years time, parts started breaking off of the upper rack of the unit. After three years, the top rack was unusable, and so after limping along for some time doing 1/2 loads by using the bottom rack only, we replaced the housing for the wheels on top rack. Only, the screws don't all screw in, but just going around-and-around. At this point, I'm not sure that I'll even bother going back to the parts store for a trade on the part, because during the process of fixing the wheels, we remembered that several other parts were broken (half of the spines holding the glass holders don't stay up, and both rack track stoppers are missing, so that rack can only be pulled halfway, or else the whole thing comes crashing out), and it seems pointless to spend more money on such a poorly constructed piece of equipment.

Additionally, our HE dishwasher is so efficient that we have to thoroughly hand wash every plate, bowl, glass, piece of silverware before running it through the wash. It worked reasonably well for the first year. After that (and after the warranty ran out), we noticed that it wasn't cleaning well at all. We keep the trap clean. We have read other complaints online, and it seems that we need to take the whole thing apart for a thorough cleaning, in order for it to do a decent job of washing. We don't even bother loading pots and pans into the unit, because even with a thorough scrubbing, they come out greasy.

We called Customer Service today, and were told that they could send a service rep out, but we would have to pay for the service call ($89.00). We were also offered an opportunity to buy an extended warranty. I'm pretty sure I don't want to pour more money into this money pit. The bottom line is that we paid $800.00 for a rinser/dryer/ dish drainer for our kitchen. Do yourself a favor, and don't buy a Kenmore. That are NOT what they used to be!