Kenmore Dishwashers

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Kenmore Dishwashers

Recognized as a top appliance brand for 100 years, Kenmore brings a new level of performance with appliances that deliver time savings, convenience and great results. From quickly cooling drinks to laundry loads completed in less time, Kenmore is the most awarded brand in the industry.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

Kenmore Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenmore Appliances?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

This model is an 2002 Kenmore Elite dishwasher. Still works OK. Needs to be replaced but very dependable. Will look at another Kenmore, or Whirlpool.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Kenmore brand has long been a favorite of mine. This dishwasher, 18 months old now, is perfect for my needs. Under the counter installation. Stainless steel exterior. Looks good, performs well, quiet operation. Don't recall the price I paid, but I am frugal, so it was not high-end.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have had my Kenmore dishwasher since we built our house 27 years ago. It is still working great. I wish it was quieter to run. Most of my Kenmore appliances have bit the dust but not the dishwasher.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This Kenmore Elite dishwasher has a nice sleek appearance and does a good job in getting the dishes clean but it has a lot of plastic parts. After 2.5 years of use, the plastic wheels broke, the upper basket plastic parts began to deteriorate and had to be replaced. I felt for the price I paid, I should not have had to repair and replace parts so soon after initial purchase.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

This dishwasher seems to take a long time to wash the dishes. You have to rinse everything off well before loading the dishwasher. Dishes are still wet when the dishwasher is done.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Kenmore Elite is one of those dishwashers that you have to prewash the dishes. I bought this about 5 years ago and it started leaking. I found out it was a $5 seal that has been discontinued EVERYWHERE. SEARS, WHIRLPOOL, AMAZON AND EBAY. NO LUCK. The best place for this dishwasher is a landfill. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Just a great all around no nonsense straightforward everyday runner that just keeps working without any issues; that is easy to load and has very little wasted space.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

We bought a Kenmore Dishwasher in October at Sears because we believed at the time there was no consumer retailer with a more trusted name that a consumer could rely upon. NEVER AGAIN. We will NEVER SHOP AT SEARS AGAIN FOR ANYTHING AND WOULD LIKE TO WARN ALL CONSUMERS TO STAY AWAY AS WELL. Our brand new Kenmore worked middling well for the first few weeks, then we began to notice our dishes were not getting clean. We carefully went over the manual and adjusted several things: added more Jet-Dry so the dispenser was full, adjusted the knob for the Jet-Dry to maximum; moved the silverware holder so the soap dispenser would have no interference. But even with that, the dishes were not washing properly.

A repairman came to the house on December 28th. He made a few adjustments, and left. We tried again, and once again, our dishes did not clean. The soap dispenser ejected the soap, but the soap landed at the very top of the dishwasher and sat there like a lump of coal. It did not dissolve. So I called again. Now, I had to wait until January 10th. Today. Thirteen days for a repairman. I asked to speak with a manager and was told there was nothing anyone could do. Sears is apparently short on repairmen. So today I received a call from Sears. My repair had been injured on the job. My appointment was cancelled. Next available date-- JANUARY 22ND.

My brand new dishwasher that had NEVER worked properly was going to have to wait now ANOTHER TWELVE DAYS. AND THERE WAS NOTHING NO ONE COULD DO!!! I spoke to at least FIVE ADDITIONAL PEOPLE. And you are speaking to day players here. No one in a position of power. Customer no-service. No with a STAKE in SEARS. No one who gives a damn about you, or the company. The last woman I spoke with told me to stop yelling. I wasn't yelling, I told her. I was adamant. And so, welcome to Corporate America. This is what happens when companies get too big TO CARE. I can't even give the thing back b/c their return policy is 30 days. NOTHING BREAKS DOWN IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS! So we are stuck. Even if this damn thing gets fixed, it is a vastly inferior machine than we had before. So, stay away. Just stay away from sears altogether.

Updated on 02/05/2018: Whatever you do, do not buy from Sears. We are on repairman THREE. As soon as he arrived, he got on the phone. Repair via telecommuting. Dishwasher bought in late October worked for 2 weeks. It is now February. The motor stopped working in two weeks. First repairman who was condescending diddled with the computer and did not discover the broken motor. Repairman two did, but parts had to be ordered. Repairman Three is here now, telecommuting. Any bets on if I get a working dishwasher? Customer service is ineffectual and rude. I went to Sears because Sears used to a name that could be trusted. No more. Stay away.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

We bought a Sears Kenmore dishwasher around four years ago. In less than two years time, parts started breaking off of the upper rack of the unit. After three years, the top rack was unusable, and so after limping along for some time doing 1/2 loads by using the bottom rack only, we replaced the housing for the wheels on top rack. Only, the screws don't all screw in, but just going around-and-around. At this point, I'm not sure that I'll even bother going back to the parts store for a trade on the part, because during the process of fixing the wheels, we remembered that several other parts were broken (half of the spines holding the glass holders don't stay up, and both rack track stoppers are missing, so that rack can only be pulled halfway, or else the whole thing comes crashing out), and it seems pointless to spend more money on such a poorly constructed piece of equipment.

Additionally, our HE dishwasher is so efficient that we have to thoroughly hand wash every plate, bowl, glass, piece of silverware before running it through the wash. It worked reasonably well for the first year. After that (and after the warranty ran out), we noticed that it wasn't cleaning well at all. We keep the trap clean. We have read other complaints online, and it seems that we need to take the whole thing apart for a thorough cleaning, in order for it to do a decent job of washing. We don't even bother loading pots and pans into the unit, because even with a thorough scrubbing, they come out greasy.

We called Customer Service today, and were told that they could send a service rep out, but we would have to pay for the service call ($89.00). We were also offered an opportunity to buy an extended warranty. I'm pretty sure I don't want to pour more money into this money pit. The bottom line is that we paid $800.00 for a rinser/dryer/ dish drainer for our kitchen. Do yourself a favor, and don't buy a Kenmore. That are NOT what they used to be!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We have a 5 yr. old Kenmore Dishwasher that slowly leaked from the seal of the motor/pump assembly. We couldn't see any evidence of this until it had been leaking for some time as laid out by the forensic inspector from the insurance company. The dishwasher did about $30,000 in damage that our homeowner's insurance won't cover. We have Sears Home Warranty that says it is secondary. We are hoping someone else has had success getting this covered. Our repair person said it is common with this model. How do I find anything in writing that speaks to this from the corporation?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I bought a Kenmore dishwasher approximately 5 years ago. I have had to repair the same problem twice within the last two years and the same problem just occurred again! The soap dispenser door stops opening and it has been burnt on the back of the dispenser unit and the motherboard has burn marks where the dispenser plugs into it. This is the same problem three times now. I've now spent over a thousand dollars to repair a $400 dishwasher! This third time I was done repairing it out of my pocket so I called the 18004MYHOME number and spoke with a rude alleged customer service representative.

I explained my frustrations and acknowledged it wasn't his fault but was hoping Kenmore could repair it for me or offer a discount to buy another Kenmore dishwasher even though I really didn't want to. The guy kept repeating the same things and saying I can't get it repaired for free with a smug tone. I then stated that I have had no problem paying over a thousand dollars at this point just don't feel it's right for me to pay again. And said I'm buying a new dishwasher and was hoping you could offer anything to make me want to buy Kenmore again.

He continued to have an attitude and I asked for a supervisor, he muted me and I kept asking for him to give me his name and transfer me to a supervisor and he hung up on me. I was on a landline so not a random disconnect. Also he had muted me several times throughout the call and would come back on. He was extremely rude and basically I will never want to be a Kenmore customer again. If you can't stand behind your product and realize that after three times of the same thing happening that's not a problem with the product then have "customer service" agents act disrespectful, rude and hang up on you, then I would recommend anyone to stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

4 full-suites of Kenmore kitchen appliances purchased for apartment complex sat unopened in boxes at job site for 2 months due to construction delays. 3 dishwashers were installed without incident. 4th dishwasher immediately sparked and started smoking when connected (by licensed electrician). RIDICULOUS SEARS POLICY that the dishwasher cannot be replaced because we had it for more than 30 days. Technician said he had to order 3 parts... Cost of parts very close to original cost of machine & OVER what we paid for the dishwasher if you add-in the labor cost. I want a new machine, I do not trust the integrity of this machine. What is so difficult to see that this machine is DEFECTIVE and should be replaced and not repaired?

I've had to make time for 2 service calls so far and now the parts on BACK-ORDER! Why can't Sears just deliver a new dishwasher! How do we rent the apartment without a working dishwasher??? Will Sears compensate us for loss of rental income and time taken for service calls? Customer Service call center in the PHILIPPINES are nothing more than answering machines, have no authoritative powers or common sense.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I bought this Kenmore as the "signs" at Sears said no pre-scrubbing was necessary with this model. This was not a true fact as ever since I've bought it my silverware and my plates come out with food on them if I do NOT scrub prior to loading into the dishwasher. I am so unhappy with this product but I know I'm stuck with it and as a low-income Senior Citizen I felt like I was lied to. PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS as it is NOT what they advertise.

Original review: June 10, 2017

Bought a dishwasher about 1 yr ago. Worst washer I ever had. If I don't wash the dishes first they don't come out clean and they are never dried. I would never buy another one. I don't know if it has a defect but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I bought and installed a new Kenmore dishwasher from Sears (model # 665.13042k113 manufactured by Whirlpool) approximately 3 years ago. I infrequently use it, perhaps 4 times per month (less now). About a year ago plastic parts started falling off of the upper dish rack. Now, every time I use the upper dish rack, it falls off the track onto the lower rack. I am very disappointed in the product and will never buy a Kenmore or Whirlpool product again. I would expect that an expensive appliance would last longer than 2 years without falling apart. I like to support American industry, but if this is what we are turning out now, I will buy foreign products in the future.

Original review: June 7, 2017

We purchased this dishwasher in February 2017 to replace our 17 year old unit. Ratings appeared to be positive for this unit. We have to prewash everything we put into this unit! Even then, they will sometimes pick up crud we might have missed. I was totally spoiled with our old dishwasher, also a Kenmore. The only thing that would sometimes stick, was melted on cheese. What good is a dishwasher, if you have to prewash the dishes before using it? Can hardly wait for it to break, so it can be replaced! Probably not in my lifetime, given I usually opt to just hand wash our dishes at this point. Grrr! If a representative from Sears would like to contact me, they are more than welcome to do so. I welcome the contact!

Original review: May 31, 2017

We always tend to stick with the Kenmore brand. I am very happy with my Kenmore dishwasher and my whole family is very satisfied. Good quality dishwasher. Clean, convenient, easy to use, brand name, no problems, easy for the whole household to use, multiple dishwashing settings. There is nothing I would change! Kenmore has definitely met our initial expectations!!!

Original review: May 31, 2017

Kenmore is a well-known and reliable name with a good reputation so I trust it. I also bought it on sale and it got the area I needed it to nicely. The price was right and warranty on par with what I expect. It was always pretty. It has definitely met my expectations. My dishwasher is spacious but not intrusive. It is stylish and cleans really well. I would like if it were a tad sleeker, quieter and the cycles were a little shorter though. But overall I'm quite happy.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Kenmore was usually my first brand of choice because of their association with the Sears brand name. I love their return and service policies. Very customer friendly and open to suggestions. I loved the top jets as it would blast off all stuck on grime, also the silverware rack was the most convenient location in any dishwasher I used. The automatic soap fill was great. It was built in perfectly so I really had no complaints about any feature of this type of dishwasher. Very hard this day and age to be very happy with a product.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Kenmore had the features we wanted, the color we preferred and the price range we wanted to stay in. Kenmore is also a recognized, popular brand. The dishwasher has met our expectations and I love the pot scrubber feature. I also like that I can turn off the drying cycle. It also lets me customize my load preference like light wash, pots and pans etc. However, sometimes the dishes aren't totally dry even when I choose to have them dried. A few times I've had to rerun the dishwasher because the dishes were still dirty and the casserole dish had baked on noodles.

Original review: May 29, 2017

This dishwasher has a lot to offer and comes in different forms suitable for different kitchens. I loved the spray feature because it assured me the dishes would be clean. I love how the dishwasher is updated and has exquisite features that makes it easy for my children to use but secure enough for them not to break.

Original review: May 28, 2017

The sleeves are a good distance apart and hold lots of dishes, doesn't seem like it wastes water, powerful clean, sleek looking, quiet. However, it uses too much dish soap and water, too loud, poor cleaning abilities, don't fit very many dishes and sleeves are too short or too close together. But I'm happy with it, it does the job well and I would purchase a Kenmore dishwasher again. Definitely met my expectations, good price, had good reviews and I liked the look of it.

Original review: May 28, 2017

Kenmore is a well known brand of kitchen appliances and it did meet my expectations in every way. It was a really good dishwasher and never had any problems whatsoever with it. But, I dislike how water stayed in the bottom of mine after the wash cycle. I’m not sure if it was just a defect in the one I had bought but I loved everything else about it. I also like that it really does good with getting the dishes clean and I feel like they always had a streak free shine and a good heated wash cycle and left my dishes smelling good every time.

Original review: May 28, 2017

Kenmore elite is the best cleaning dishwasher I have ever owned. I liked the interior and the control panel. It cleans dirty, hard to clean dishes better than any other dishwasher. I like that it has different wash cycles. Also, the turbo wash cycle cleans great. The silverware holder holds a lot of silverware. The prongs to hold the dishes are tall and strong.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I built my house and this Kenmore dishwasher was the dishwasher I chose due to its energy, efficiency and sleek appearance. It was also in sale which was a plus. I also had a Kenmore refrigerator and was very satisfied with it. The dishwasher has been very durable so far, I like the brushed stainless steel appearance. I also like the sleek finishes. It's powerful and energy efficient. I like that it is quiet in my open concept home. I have been very satisfied with it overall but I would appreciate if it was even quieter, or the drying was better as the hot cycle tends to leave small puddles of water on the dishes. Also, I would like it more if it were even bigger and had more capacity. Having adjustable shelves and fingerprint free surface would be a plus as well.

Original review: May 26, 2017

There is no way as a working couple we were going to be able to keep up on all our dirty dishes. We barely keep up with the dirty dishes now. Then with the baby and having to constantly clean his bottles a dishwasher was a must. It is crazy how much dirty dishes a family of three can accumulate over the course of a few days. I like the top rack that has the fold down parts for the wine glasses. I like how I can fit my baby bottles in nicely. I also like how I can fit the cage on top with all the baby parts. The bottom is awesome too. It's has the fold down tabs and removable silverware thingy. I wish that the dishwasher fit the pots and pans more nicely. It's just kind of awkward placing them on the bottom level. The handle always covers the silverware part. You almost have to just do a separate wash for just the pots and pans but I never have that many to justify a spectate wash. I also think it's kind of weird that the buttons fit underneath the counter.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I chose Kenmore dishwasher based on reviews, features, looks, and price. I didn't want the cheapest dishwasher but one budget friendly but still a good brand. It also seemed like it was highly rated. The Kenmore dishwasher gets the dishes very clean. It's easy to use and quiet. Love the ease of the buttons and the racks that are in the dishwasher fit a lot of dishes. Also fits bigger pans and pots on the bottom rack. However, food chunks always seemed to linger at the bottom of the dishwasher for a while so it would be nice if there was a way to avoid that. Also, the heating elements in dishwashers are annoying because they melt things so it would be cool to find a way around that.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Kenmore was one of several I looked at and this one was the best they had to offer for the price. It also was delivered the next day and they took away my old dishwasher at no extra charge. Another plus in this purchase and another good reason to purchase this brand. I enjoyed this dishwasher very much and I would recommend it to anyone who shops at Sears.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I really enjoyed how well it worked and was satisfied with it for the most part. Of course there were days that I hated it as it had its issues like any other machine. It smelled moldy sometimes and didn't always clean all the dishes. But it was mostly a solid machine and a very good, reputable, reliable and smart brand. I've always thought a great deal of this brand. My family has used this brand for many years.

Original review: May 25, 2017

The Kenmore dishwasher cleans the dishes well. Sometimes I still have to rinse but not too often. Plus, it’s not as loud as my neighbor’s washer. It’s got to be quiet so as not to wake up the kids. I have two children under five years of age so I don’t have the time to be washing stuff by hand or worrying if the washer will get all the dishes clean. Also, I like things to match in my kitchen and I wish they came in more vibrant or unusual colors. I would pay more for a washer if they would come in more interesting colors other than white. But I like the brand and bought it because I need a reliable washer.

Kenmore Dishwashers Company Information