Independent Home vs. AmeriGlide
What is the difference between Independent Home and AmeriGlide?
Both Independent Home and AmeriGlide are nationwide walk-in tub companies. They work directly with customers as well as with reputable dealers for installation. Independent Home is known for its competitive prices, and AmeriGlide provides transparent pricing online — which can be hard to find in the industry. Both companies provide add-on features for customization.
- Independent Home is best for those who want a bigger selection of add-on features. It offers base models in many different sizes and with several feature options, which allows for a better customization experience.
- AmeriGlide is best for customers who want transparent pricing and don’t need a lot of custom features. AmeriGlide’s only customization options are jet types and placement, so its tub packages are fairly basic and suited to those with smaller budgets.
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||4.7||4.0|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
Cost and installation
|Basic tub starting price||Only available with quote||$2,493|
|In-home quotes required|
|Warranty - Labor||Lifetime||Not mentioned|
|Warranty - Parts||Lifetime||5 years for pump and motor|
|Warranty - Tub||Lifetime||10 years|
|Only available with quote||Included||Lifetime||Lifetime||Lifetime|
|$2,493||—||—||Not mentioned||5 years for pump and motor||10 years|
Available walk-in tub types
|Step-in height||4.5 inches||3 inches|
|Grab bars included||—|
|Number of hydro jets||Customizable||12|
|Number of air jets||Customizable||18|
|Heated seats option||—|
|Heated backrest option||—|
|Remote control option||—||—|
Services included with installation
|Old tub removal|
|Wall repair and repaint|
All information accurate as of publishing date.
Independent Home offers seven walk-in bathtub models in multiple sizes. This gives customers a great base to work from when choosing additional features. Independent Home also offers a compact option, which is ideal for those with limited bathroom space. Independent Home also offers financing for walk-in tubs and a lifetime warranty.
Independent Home’s walk-in tub models include:
- Life: The Life walk-in tub offers grab bars, a fast drain and fill system, left- or right-handed door swing, foot jets and a five-inch threshold. It measures 32 inches by 52 inches by 40 inches.
- Dignity Dual Massage: The Dignity Dual Massage tub has 30 three-speed jets, a 5-inch step-in threshold, chromotherapy, a cleaning system and grab bars. This tub comes in four sizes.
- Celebrity: The Celebrity walk-in tub comes in six sizes and fits in the place of an existing bathtub. It’s a deep-soaking tub with an anti-slip floor and seat, right- or left-mounted doors and a hand-held shower wand. Add-on features include hydrotherapy jets, whirlpool options and gold-tone fixtures.
- Access: The Access walk-in tub allows bathers to slide into the seat rather than stepping over a threshold. It also fits into an existing tub space and includes a quick draining system, right- or left-mounted doors, safety bars and a lever handle.
- v4 Celebrity: The v4 Celebrity walk-in tub includes a cleaning system, water jets, air jets, chromotherapy and electronic controls. It measures 30 inches by 52 inches by 40 inches.
- Supreme: The Supreme walk-in tub is 33 inches by 55 inches by 40 inches. Customers can add on water jets, air jets or a combination. It also includes an inward-swinging door, a hand-held shower wand, two grab bars and a slip-resistant floor.
- Royal: The Royal walk-in tub includes a power-lift seat, anti-slip floors, an anti-slip seat, hydrotherapy jets, right- or left-mounted doors and a hand-held shower wand.
- Cube: The Cube walk-in tub is a compact option. It comes in two sizes and includes hydrotherapy jets, a hot temperature maintainer, a hand-held shower wand and right- or left-mounted doors.
What Independent Home customers say
Overall, Independent Home walk-in tubs get great reviews from customers on ConsumerAffairs. Customers seem very pleased with the quality of work and the professionalism of the staff. There are a couple of customers who’ve been disappointed by the tub fill time, however.
AmeriGlide manufacturers walk-in tubs and can sell directly to consumers. The company can also connect you with an installation team in your area. It offers 15 tub sizes and has a shower/walk-in tub combination option. The walk-in tubs come standard with grab bars, a 4-inch step-in and a slip-resistant seat. One perk is that AmerGlide has transparent walk-in tub pricing on its site.
AmeriGlide offers several tub sizes, but it doesn’t provide a lot of customization options — though you can choose custom jets and how the jets are placed. You can select from air jets, water jets or a combination of the two.
What AmeriGlide customers say
AmeriGlide's walk-in tubs haven't received many reviews on ConsumerAffairs, but customers who purchased other Ameriglide products give the company mixed reviews of their services and products on ConsumerAffairs.
Many reviewers noted how pleased they were with the installation process, commenting on the knowledgeable and helpful installers, while others complained of faulty components that were installed incorrectly or failed to work soon after.
Many reviews also focused on a lack of customer service when problems did arise, but most reviewers agreed that the product was fairly priced.
Bottom line: Independent Home or AmeriGlide?
Both Independent Home and AmeriGlide offer several walk-in tub options and sizes. If you want to age in place and need to create a safer bathing space, these companies are worth considering. While Independent Home offers more customization options, many customers appreciate the transparent and fair pricing from AmeriGlide.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.