1.32/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

448 Husqvarna Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

We bought a Husqvarna RZ46i Zero-Turn Mower at Lowe's 4 years ago and it's been nothing but a headache. We've had carburetor issues, blade issues and the Smart Switch is always an issue. Today the Smart Switch popped, caught on fire and smoked. Luckily it didn't hit my hand. Now we can't start and use the mower unless we pay $250 for a new switch. Garbage is what I would call this machine and it's dangerous garbage.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Husqvarna LC221RH; purchased 7 weeks ago, less than 5 hours use, only used where the rider can't get. The self propel feature stopped working. The only option the company gave me was to drive 120 miles, round trip, to the nearest service center. If they make me leave it and return for pick up another day, that will be 240 miles driving. Issue #2 The front cover gets packed with grass and they couldn't tell me how to get it out. It appears the only way to get it out is to remove four bolts, every time. It's a design flaw for a rear wheel drive mower. They use the same body for an all wheel drive mower and they don't close off the holes in the front for the rear wheel drive mowers.

Issue #3 They make trying to do the paperwork for a rebate like getting a root canal. They obviously do not want to honor their rebates, if at all possible. I have done hundreds of rebates, probably more, over the years and I have NEVER dealt with a company that was so difficult. Their website is ineffective. I will NEVER buy this brand again.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Bought this new Husquarvarna 24 go 48 inch cut and after one mowing season had to buy a new spindle. After fixing that myself even though it was under warranty the $1500 transmission went out. I bought this at Lowe's and learned two important lessons. 1st don't buy a Husquarvarna and don't buy machinery that does not service them. I was without a mower for over a month and once they fixed it I have been sparingly using as I feel it is a very feeble machine. I doubt it will last year #3.

Original review: June 12, 2018

DO NOT BUY A HUSQVARNA - I did and I regret it. I am preparing to return my Husqvarna GTH52XLS garden tractor to the dealer for the 3rd time this summer. It started out running very rough, and then would die. When I took it in the second time, for the same problem, during that trip to the dealer I was told that I had an additional problem of the clutch being bad and would be going out. Fortunately this problem, as well as the idler pulley (which was also going out) were still covered under the factory warranty. I picked up the garden tractor yesterday, after it had been in the shop for 24 days, I brought it home and everything seemed to be working fine. I mowed for approximately 1 hour and brought it to the garage to add fuel. After refueling the mower would not start, it fired slowly and then would die. I called the dealer and he told me to bring it in again.

Each time I take it to them it costs me $65 to rent a trailer for the round trip. Each time they have the mower they have kept it for at least 18 days. I spend a lot of money on this mower, over $3,400, and I expected a quality piece of equipment, it has been anything but a quality machine. Each dealer in my area, that I have spoken to, has told me that they stopped being a dealer and no longer carry Husqvarna parts. They said that the reason for no longer being a dealer has to with the quality of the machines and the fact that it takes them so long to get replacement parts, they report wait times of 6 weeks and sometimes even longer - they are getting tired of getting complaints from their customers. Although I have approximately 135 hours on the mower and I have had it for about 1 1/2 years, I am going to see what it will take to return it and to get my money back. I realize that I will undoubtedly have little luck with this, I am still going to try.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had the same experience as Nico from Chico-starting a new business, I went to Lowe's and got the Rancher. I took it back and got a new one because it didn't start. I have been putting up with stubborn starts since March. Today I wasted half an hour wearing myself out before I called the customer care number. I waited on hold another half hour, so I put the speaker on and spent that time trying to start it. Right now I am waiting for the manager to call back. That just lost me a lucrative job for the day. Now I have to call and postpone a landscape job because I am waiting for this callback.

In April I purchased the Husky 525LK commercial trimmer and the PA100 pole saw attachment. I scheduled some jobs which I had to cancel because when I tested it, the pole saw chain would not turn. I took it to the dealer, which is Montana Power Products (who have also looked at the 455 and couldn't find anything wrong, and they agreed it was hard to start). They said it had the wrong sprocket. That is, the genius on the factory floor grabbed a sprocket that was probably in a bin in an entirely different part of the factory on a separate line for a smaller product and put it on a commercial product. What kind of idiot does Husqvarna hire? Maybe I should apply for a job THERE!

Because so far, this has lost me probably $6000 in lost wages, not to mention preventing me from working around my own house. They tell me "no" when I ask if I don't have a reasonable expectation that my big-ticket items will work. The tractor is nice. I was surprised I didn't have to take it back the first time I tried to use it, though. I am asking them for compensation and will pursue a small claim.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: June 5, 2018

My Husqvarna is a workhorse. I live on a 20-acre parcel. It has done the job over and over again. I do not know what I would do without it. I really never had a problem with it. Other than changing the blades a few times, it has never had a problem.

Original review: May 24, 2018

We purchased a Husqvarna Z254 Zero Turn Mower last fall 2017. We tried it a couple of times at the end of the season and stored it under cover for winter. Got it out 3 weeks ago and mowed a long strip on my farm where we have been mowing for the last 18 years with a Murray rider then a John Deere C190. After mowing for ~45 minutes, the right mandrel (housing that holds shaft and blade to mower deck) broke completely off the deck. The center mandrel was cracked. Husqvarna said it was due to abusive treatment. Totally untrue. This mower has a total of about 2 hours use. The authorized dealer repairing the mower said they have stopped stocking Husqvarna mowers because of this and other problems. Very disappointed. I purchased this because the reviews said it was good on hills and uneven ground. Don't buy this mower! We're done with Husqvarna.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I've bought two of these mower (Husqvarna yth24k48) in the past ten years and always had problem from the day I got it. Fuel line went out and the oil line wasn't install properly after 5 year of the newest one. I have the transmission went out on it. Don't buy a Husqvarna. I bought the recent one in 2012. The one had problems since day one.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I bought a Husqvarna riding mower couple of years ago. Now has 125 hrs work. ALREADY WENT TO THE SHOP 8 TIMES at $80.00 ROUND TRIP (pick up and delivery) = $ 560.00. They have been paying the repair shop's bill though. It is a very feeble machine, I have 0.5 acre to mow q. 15 days in FL. This are the major problems their mowers have:

Deck does not go high so you have to mow very short which kills the grass in FL. Low deck allows for clogging of the grass stopping the machine (had to remove the collection system I bought for $ 300.00). Low deck causes belts to slide off (happened twice), and probably broke the clutch once. Changing the oil, which I have done 3x already is a sure mess. The engineers were totally drunk the day they designed the machine. I spoke with Michael at customer service today after 3 unsuccessful calls of 30' each yesterday, it was 8:30 AM and the guy was totally rude which I understood as the poor guy having to hear tons of complaints day in and out. I am 60 yrs old, bought a lot of stuff in my life: NOTHING THIS BAD EVER! At one point I wanted to set it on fire and put the video on Youtube. Actually I might do that to prevent other people getting stuck with this kind of crap. Great to take the grandkids for a short ride, but don't try to mow with it!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I buy all brand new Husqvarna equipment when I opened my landscaping business 8 months ago. I paid for Lowe’s no hassle warranty, and thought that the nicest equipment from Lowe’s and extra warranty would start me in the right direction. Boy was I wrong! Lowe’s warranty is completely worthless. If they do anything at all it will be blame you for the damage, then charge you for the repairs that don’t even fix the problem.

Husqvarna is no better, when I’ve given up on trying to have my equipment fixed again I asked to just get my money back for the garbage they sold me. Then they reply to me that they will only fix it and that’s if they feel that the damage is due to something that they deem under warranty! Wtf!? Really? I paid for an extra warranty that Lowe’s won’t uphold because it’s under Husqvarna’s warranty so Lowe’s isn’t responsible, and then Husqvarna’s warranty is that they will only fix what they feel like fixing if they feel like doing anything? Don’t bother with Husqvarna. Every piece of their equipment I’ve purchased has given me trouble and if you do definitely do not waste your money on the extended warranty at Lowe’s. It’s worse than the garbage you just paid for!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Mower (Poulan Pro front wheel drive) arrived new in box. The front wheel drive wouldn’t engage and the height adjustment kept dropping down. After 1 hour of use the machine completely seized up. Husqvarna refused to honor the warranty stating severe abuse of machine. Screws on the undercarriage became loose and fell off causing it to hit against the blade. Amazon has stopped selling this model due to the same complaints and issues. I tried posting a review on their website and they took it down stating irrelevant content. That’s why their rating seem high when in fact their product is rated very low and many people have complained about the same issues. Stay away!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased this mower (Husqvarna PZT-60 PROF GRADE MOWER) new. It now has just under 50 hours! In that time both hydro units have fallen apart; the last time it threw me into my dump truck! I was injured during the incident and the mower was picked up Oct last year and returned! Six months later no resolve with the mower. I call Christine, after the killer car! They turn the matter over to CORVEL, a third party administrator! No intervention. The man from CORVEL DAVON ** WILL NOT RETURN MY CALL! The incident number is **! The mower is absolute trash. It is underpowered and lacks torque to mow hills. It drops hydro parts faster than it does grass! What warranty one might as well pay high dollar for a pile of scrap metal! One difference the pile of metal will not hurt me like the mower did!

Original review: March 20, 2018

This mower never starts after storage. I've tried to get assistance from Husqvarna but they are out to lunch. I've had over 14 mowers and this is the first one with this problem. I've used the mower less than 6 hours, terrible product. It is the LC 121 with B&S 163cc engine.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My John Deere GT 275 finally gave out after 15 years of reliable service. I was intending to buy the current equivalent until I saw the price. Decided to try Husqvarna GT52XLS Riding Mower - never had a Husqvarna product up until this point. Spent $3200 on the machine. First few mows it was great! Within the first 6 weeks I had it back to the shop - trouble starting/running. Within the first 6 months I had it back in the shop two more times for broken parts (I only mow my lawn grass with this machine - I have JD tractor/brush-hog for pastures).

3.5 years later, I have spent over $1500 in repairs (not including regular maintenance) and am taking it into the shop this morning for them to try to figure out why it hardly moves forward or backwards. If I had known than what I know now I would have never bought Husqvarna - and never will again. The dealer told me on my last visit the deck on their machines is much better than the JD - WHAT GOOD IS THAT WHEN EVERYTHING AROUND THE DECK IS JUNK??? Their products are very poor quality and I will not only never buy Husqvarna again, but will make sure anyone I talk to about tools and machines knows what a terrible experience I have had with Husqvarna. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I was looking for a Chainsaw for my Wife. I choose Husqvarna. I found a 240 series 38.2 2 stroke motor. It was light, looked to be user friendly and really nice to look at. Before trying to start it I read the manual, gassed and oiled it up. I went to pull start it and it acted like the motor was locked up. I checked the chain break and it was off. We had a family emergency and I was not able to look at it for several weeks. I tried again to start it and it was so hard to pull. I then called the company called Innovations and told them my problem. They looked me up in their computer and found me. They did at that time let me know that it was not under warranty! I have only owned it for a few months I said, she told it has a 90 day warranty!

I missed it on the paperwork that was sent with the saw. I then was stuck either taking it to the shop in Town or work on it myself. First thing on this saw I noticed three adjustment holes on the left side of the plastic cover. Husqvarna told me that the carb cannot be adjusted by the consumer and that I need a special tool that refuse to sell me! I then learned that it can be adjusted with a Bic pen with the ink inners removed. Armed with my pen and tearing this thing apart so I can get it freed up I finally got this thing to run and idle! This saw just ran rough and when I turned it off it was back to hard to pull! After working on freeing this thing up again, I got it to start and run. Well it stopped on its own and would not restart!

After troubled shooting this thing again, I found a fouled Champion plug! I drove over to John Deere to buy a new plug. After I bought and paid for the plug I walked over to the saws. I found a Sthil saw on sale for almost the same price as the Husqvarna. So I bought it! The sales person that I have dealt with for years stated that that Husqvarna is not a Husqvarna, it's a Sears Chainsaw!... Huh? I would if been better to buy one at Harbor Freight! This my experience with the Husqvarna 240 38.2 14 inch bar saw. The only thing I can say is if I would of known what I found out the hard way I would say to anyone that comes in contact with this saw is... RUN FORREST RUN!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

In October 2016 I purchased a Husqvarna 125BVX Leaf Blower from Lowe's. After 13 months of use it refused to start. I replaced the spark plug and still no start. I checked the compression with my thumb over the plug hole while pulling the rope and thought it was low. I took it to my local Husqvarna repair shop and was told in fact the blower had 55 lbs of compression, about half what it was supposed to. It has a two year warranty but was told that since I didn't purchase it there they would have to disassemble the blower and send pictures to Husqvarna to see if they would repair it under warranty. If they did I would have to pay for the repairs and file a claim with the company to get re-reimbursed. I thanked them and took the blower with me.

I then took it to Lowe's and they sent it to their authorized repair center. The center called after about a week and informed me that the blower had been operated with improper lubrication and with water in the fuel mix. Both things I knew to be incorrect. They told me it would cost me $207.00 to replace the piston and rings and rebuild the carburetor. I told them I could replace it cheaper than that just send it back unrepaired. I went to pick it up and was presented with a $61.00 bill for diagnosis.

I told them to just keep the blower for the fee and they couldn't do that. Lowe's marked the fee off and gave me the blower back. It has no evidence of being disassembled. I contacted Husqvarna customer service and they stood behind the incorrect diagnosis, and said they were sorry. So now I have replaced it with another brand. I wouldn't recommend buying anything with the Husqvarna name on it. It seems that they will come up with any kind of lame excuse to refuse to do warranty repairs.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I bought this Husqvarna LTD2243 ride on mower brand new from the local dealer. It had a few hiccups at the start. The solenoid that opens to allow the fuel to flow into the carby was defective. It was replaced with a new part obtained from the dealer. It then started much better when needed. The engine, a two cylinder B & S works perfectly with heaps of power. The worst part is that the steering is atrocious in the "N" degree. The steering assembly has no way to adjust the toe in or toe out. The only way to fix the steering is to take the mower to the dealer and have new parts fitted. I was told that the problem occurs from running into rocks, logs, posts or trees. Apparently, hitting things bends some mysterious part that only the dealer can repair by replacing most of the steering suspension assembly.

It all came to halt when the steering was so pathetic that when one wheel was aligned in a straightforward position, the opposite wheel was turned out 3 INCHES! Steering was impossible. The mower was also four months out of warranty. I parked the mower in the garage and studied the situation for a long time. There is no tie-rod joining the king-pins and any adjustment was impossible. The king-pins could not be altered in any way at all. The steering is performed by two rods that are fastened to the king-pins and a quadrant plate. It is impossible to remove these rods without removing most of the assembly underneath the steering column. This in itself is a pain of a job.

After studying the bars for sometime I cut them in half with an angle grinder using a 1mm wide cut-off disc. The front half, about ten inches long, was then removed from the king-pins. These bars are made from .625 inch diameter steel (16 mm dia.) I cut two pieces of 30 mm dia steel, 75 mm long. A 5/8 dia hole was drilled thru the steel but offset 5 mm to form a thicker section to fit two set screws into the ends. The steering bars were reassembled with the new sleeves, the wheels set up with 5 mm toe-in to check for working and alignment. I set off with the mower and the steering was not just perfect, it was better than when it was brand new. For some reason I have yet to discover, I had to cut an extra 22 mm off one of the bars.

Through all this trauma, one wheel rim had split and was replaced under warranty. I read that the rims will split when the toe-in is grossly out of alignment. I have to fit two front new tires as they no longer have enough tread and are very vulnerable to being punctured. The steering can now be adjusted very easily if required but it still has problems on full lock. It works to my full satisfaction but I was only able to modify the steering rods because I have a metal lathe in my garage.

I am a Toolmaker/Machinist by trade and I am a top grade mechanical grade engineer with many years of experience both in Australia and the US. This is one machine I highly recommend NOT to buy! It also has great difficulty in cutting long grass more than four inches high. Long grass needs to cut by reversing two or three times over the same strip to get the grass down to size. The cutting deck is fabricated and is very strong but it rattles and bangs non-stop. I have yet to find a way to stop this happening. In short, have nothing to do with this mower!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I bought the Husqvarna Brand 125B leaf blower thinking I was buying quality, but I was awakened by the fact that this company doesn't stand by their product, and that the leaf blower I bought is pure junk. I used it 4 times for my small yard, at periods of less than 10 minutes each time (estimated), and the blower stopped functioning. I tried to return it to Home Depot, but it was past their 90 day return policy. Home Depot recommend I take the blower to my nearest dealer, which I did, but, they were 12 weeks out. Meaning they couldn't work on it until then.

So, my dealer told me to call Husqvarna to see if they could return it. Husqvarna said no, but they could recommend another repair shop about 50 miles away. I will never ever buy anything from this company again. The dealer happens to be a small local outfit which cannot keep up the demand of bad product from Husqvarna. This is what they told me, and after buying this piece of crap, I believe them. I recommend buying another brand!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I bought a brand new chainsaw Husky Model 240. Short chain aside. It only worked once. I have checked the plug, rinsed with gas the gas tank, added new fuel and nothing. I hate it and I want my money back, it's junk! All my other gas engine out workhorses are Stihl and they are going strong after 18+ years of service. If Husky would return my money, I would never look back. It is true the Husky is being produced in the Poulan factory, by me it is. One door sends out orange. The other door sends out green. Essentially you are paying for a Husky and getting bottom of the barrel Poulan chainsaws. I saw the plant doing this personally.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Long story short I got a leaf blower 2 yrs ago as a gift and last week it stopped working. Went to check the fuel filter and it was never installed at the factory. Ordered a new push primer button kit and spark plug. Would stay running. Carb needs to be pulled and clean. Due to the fact that the company is putting out poor quality product I put the leaf blower in the garbage. I would rather rake leaves than own any products from this company.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bought a Husqvarna gas blower at Lowe's. After running for a total of less than 2 hours, it simply will not start. Call Husqvarna, only to find nearest warranty dealer is over 30 miles away. Will NEVER buy Husqvarna again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Bought this lawn mower about 5 months ago. Used it maybe 3x. August 2017 mower started clunking. Stopped using mower immediately. Called Husqvarna. They told me take it to a dealer. I took it, was told by serviceman that his mechanic was out and it would take 3 weeks to even look at it. Everything was fine except for clunk. I started the mower in the office of the dealer. No smoke and motor was working fine except for clunk when you start it. After 3 weeks I was told to call Husqvarna and that I was running the mower with no oil. Impossible. We had put the oil that came in the box. Before we even took it for service we checked the oil and it was perfect and the service guy told me he had to find somebody to look at it because his mechanic was sick.

Called Husqvarna and told them all this, was told that they can't do anything because it was my fault. I explained how could it be if I only used it 3x. She asked if motor was smoking. Told her no when I took it for service the guy told me to start the mower indoors. I did. Started right up. No smoke. Told them I will never buy a Husqvarna anything or a Briggs and Stratton. I have never had so much problems with a mower. So I picked up my mower from the authorized service, started it up at the place and it started. I took it home, tried to start it up, blew up and won't start again. Horrible company and product, now I am out $400.00 and I have to buy a new mower on top of this.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I have or I should say had a Rider Model # YTH23V48. I bought it in Butler, MO 64730, from Young sales and repair. I bought it off of the showroom floor and paid more than I thought it was worth. I was dissatisfied from day one. It didn't have half of the deck clearance I was use to and it didn't serve my needs well at all. Previously I owned a Sears Craftsman mower, which was smaller horsepower and cutting width. That mower was ten times the Husqvarna was. It had twice the deck clearance and ran well for well over 14 years. When I went to get it repaired, I was offered to look over the New mowers at Young's sales and service. I did not trade my craftsman in and left it there for repair and after several inquiries and two years later, I found that it was sold out from under me.

Needless to say, I forced him to pay me for it. Bottom line is, after owning the Husqvarna for less than 3 years I am still paying for it and it now has a blown engine or so I have been told by Extreme Motors, the new Dealer in Butler, MO. Guess what? Their service was not any better. I have had it in there for a simple blown fuse and $400.00 later it had the wrong ignition put in, with no safety features anymore and they cut my headlight wires to stop the blown fuse problem. I gave them a piece of my mind just like I had given Young's Sales. May I suggest that you make a better mow, along the lines of Craftsman or John Deere and do not let an unskilled shop operate in Butler furthermore. I am totally done with any Husqvarna product from here on and am seriously considering suing the company.

That mower was a piece of junk from the start! I would also like to add that all I have is the card last four on which I am still paying ** and model number # Model # YTH23V48. I believe this company should reimburse each and every customer for whatever Husqvarna product they were unlucky enough to purchase. Absolutely terrible products and even worse service!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Husqvarna self-propelled lawn mower from Lowe's is one of the worst products ever put on the market. It never started very well from the beginning and locked the motor up after 4 uses. When returned to Lowe's because we purchased an extended warranty was told there was no lubricant in the mower. We have purchased a number of mowers in our 50 some odd years of mowing and know that you must put oil in the mower!!! We are out over $500 dollars and if I could them zero stars Lowe's and Husqvarna I would!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Husqvarna 700H 22" Self-Powered Mower: Just a word of warning -- in my 63 years, this is the very worst mower that I have ever used -- ever. It was also the most expensive mower I've owned. Bought it at Lowe's this spring. It has no power. The "mulching" component magically SUSPENDS the cut grass inside the mower housing until the blade gets choked by too much compressed grass, and the entire mower is forcibly shut off. So very frustrating. The only way to restart the mower is to dislodge the enormous amount of compressed grass -- leaving a mountain of unsightly clods on top of your yard. No, the grass doesn't need to be wet or damp for this to happen. Heaven help you if your grass *is* a tad damp. This mower (Husqvarna 700H) simply cannot handle it. I'm a nice person; in fact, this is the first negative review that I've ever written. I've just had enough. This review is completely honest, I have not exaggerated in any way.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Riding mower purchased from Sears was a headache from the jump start. Had to call and set up appointments for mower failing to start, smoking, parts loose. Times were set so far in the future yard got in a mess. After warranty expired had to take it to local certified dealer and spent a small fortune. This gave me buyer's remorse in the worse way. The product wasn't durable at all. I bought about 5 batteries in 5 years which makes me think I may have had electrical issues. It finally died September 4, 2017. Funeral services September 14, 2017. Sunrise 2011 - Sunset 2017.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

The mower was bought 6/5/17 and has given me starting problems plus grayish smoke last 2 times I used it. Yesterday while cutting grass it began blowing smoke like it was on fire! My wife spent over 2 hours on the phone waiting on customer service finally talking to a rep who took forever to tell her to take it back to Lowe’s. She was directed to call the local store and arrange for them to come out and fix the problem. However, when she called the local customer service she was told they wouldn't send anyone out but they would pick it up for a fee. She asked if we could bring it instead. They said yes, but before closing. Therefore, we borrowed a truck to take it back to the Knoxville Lowe’s, 210 N. Peters Rd. 37923. It was over 25 miles one way. When we got there and unloaded it they took it into the store. My wife went in to get papers saying we delivered it as instructed.

She was then told we would have to take it to another place. She told them we were instructed to bring it there and was not interested and now moving it to another location. She was then told she would have to sign a paper stating we would be responsible to pay them up to $300.00 for resolving the problem. Less than 3 months old with a 1 year warranty and now Lowe’s is trying to Stick us with a bill for what they told us to do with no mention on the phone by either reps about any fees. Was this a bait and switch like scam? I believe it was! My wife told the original rep we wanted our money back and he told her to take have it picked up.

The second rep looked the first rep’s information and then demanded my wife sign the paper described above. My wife came out to the truck and informed me of the changes they demanded, either take to Anderson Site or sign the note saying we would pay them. I told her to get in truck and we left. We were supposed to get our money back and then switched to paying for them to check it out. RIDICULOUS!!! All we want is our money refunded or another brand new mower like the original one, but not a LEMON! Invoice ** for $1375.57. Transaction #** on 6/5/17.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I was really disappointed with not being able to raise the level of the cut any. It meant it was absolutely worthless to me in the condition delivered. Here it sits... over a year later and never mowed a darn thing.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Purchased Lawnmower new from local Lowe's end of May. I only used it about 4 times to cut 1.5 acres of grass. Lawnmower stopped moving and was smoking. Wouldn't go forward or backward. Loaded it up and took to local distributor because I owned it 41 days and Lowe's absolved themselves after 30 for floor model mowing equipment. Local distributor has mower for 31 days. Meanwhile, I have to pay someone $100/week for these 4 weeks to cut my grass.

Fast forward to August 1, when I get Lawnmower back from repair and they explain they fixed the transmission. Cut grass ONCE, and the very next time I try to use the mower again, it has the EXACT same problem: smoking and will not proceed forward or backward. I call the Husqvarna customer service line to try and seek resolution in the form of a replacement Lawnmower or my money back. Rep says he can't issue a refund or a new mower, that I have to go through the distributor again. Meanwhile, it rains every day and I will have to pay someone twice as much to cut this high grass. What a terrible piece of equipment that I wasted $1900 on! I am so upset and discouraged by their laissez-faire attitude. Do Not Purchase this!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We bought the weed trimmer at Lowe's after comparing many brands and styles. I already owned a Husqvarna leaf blower and have been very pleased. The weed trimmer was light, quiet, and very easy to use. The string feed is a major improvement over other styles offered by other manufacturers. It only takes a light push on the ground to advance the string. It starts easily and has a lot of power for a 2 cycle. I will definitely purchase other power tools from Husqvarna in the future.

Husqvarna expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

• Best for: Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs