2. Homeowners

4.0/5 (273 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Husqvarna

Husqvarna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

My idea of a warranty & Husqvarna's idea of a warranty are very different. I do not own a truck or a trailer, so when I needed a warranty repair after the mower ran for 15 seconds, I called the number & was told to call another number. Then I was told I have to bring it in to the local dealer. I expected to call Husqvarna and they say, "OK we will send a technician to your house."; if you want home service, do not buy Husqvarna. If you are not retired & do not have a truck or trailer or if you have a job and expect your mower company to actually service what they Warranty do not buy Husqvarna. Don't just read the warranty, call them and ask what the procedures are & if they make the warranty your responsibility then don't buy it. I gave Husqvarna 5 stars because they have a great business model, definitely not for service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I currently own a Husqvarna hedge cutter and at age 67 I have tried many other name brand hedge cutters, but I find Husqvarna to be worthy of my usage as it's easy to operate, and have not had any downtime. I am looking for a riding lawnmower and will be considering a Husqvarna as I'm quite sure it will be as dependable as my hedge cutter.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I recently bought a Husqvarna MZ 54 that was a left over year old model from a local dealer (not a big box store). Because it was not the current model I picked it up for $4400, which is a real bargain. I looked at all the major brands including John Deere, Gravely, Hustler, Snapper, Toro, ExMark, Cub Cadet, and Ariens. Honestly, they all seemed like quality mowers. I settled on the Husqvarna because of price and features that were only available on more expensive models. In addition, the 4 year bumper to bumper warranty is one of the best.

The cut quality is fantastic. I have a little over an acre of thick, St Augustine grass. My old mower, a Husqvarna YTH24K54 tractor, just couldn't handle it, and it took me about 3 hours to get a satisfactory cut, which usually required a double cut. The ZT made a full 54" single pass perfect cut. My first cut grass was about 7" and there were no stragglers left standing, no clumping, and no windrows. I was able to get the job complete in an hour! The grass was cut even, no scalping, very fine discharge, and even a striped look. Blade speed is listed at 18,500 FPM which is among the fastest of the brands shopped. Some were as low as 16,500 and others upwards of 19,000. Blade speed is a big factor in quality and speed of cut. The seat is quite comfortable. Though not an elaborate suspension, the feel is very nice, and a ride that is not rough. The armrests and high back seat make it a comfortable ride.

The deck is very sturdy and well built. Although some of the other brands had 10 Ga fabricated decks, the Husqvarna is 11 Ga but has a reinforced rim and seems quite stout. One thing I noticed is that when you step on the deck, there is no movement. Other brands, especially the Cub Cadet, moved a great deal. Access to the belts and spindles (for greasing) is simple and requires just removing the foot panel. The spindles are heavy duty cast iron and are greasable, as opposed to sealed. Deck is easily adjustable from 1.5 to 4.5 inches in 1/4 inch increments. The front casters are huge 6x13 which is great on your turf. Caster and front wheel bearings are also greaseable. 22x10 rear tires give great traction and are also kind to your lawn.

There are 4 anti scalp wheels, which is comparable to other brands. The biggest plus is that the Husqvarna has the wheels supported on both sides. Most other brands just have one support arm for each wheel, which makes them much more susceptible to damage if something is hit. ZT 3100 transaxles are heavier duty than most of the mowers in this class and provide a max speed of 8.5 MPH. 5 gallon gas tank is equal to or larger than most in its class. I found I could get about 4 hours of cutting time on a full tank of gas.

The Kawasaki, 24 HP V Twin provides all the power you need for heavy grass and hills. The engine starts easily and quickly and normally needs no choke. Servicing is easy with a simple threaded cap that allows draining the oil with no mess. In addition, for an engine of this size, it is not as loud as others I have looked at. My property does have a fairly large slope and some rougher areas. None of this is a problem for this mower at all. Steering is very responsive, and does take some getting used to. However, with just a bit of practice it is very easy to drive and actually makes grass cutting enjoyable. The ROPS is nice to have, though for me, was not a factor either way. However, having it does make it safer. This is a heavy machine, at 845 lbs, and quite a bit heavy than most other in its class.

There are only a couple of negatives which were not an issue for me. This model does not come with lights, which quite a few of the other makes did. For me, I never cut after dark, so it was a none issue. They do have light kits available if that is something that the buyer needs. Also, the location of the parking brake is very poor, because it is on the left side, which is normally where I get off the mower, and often bump the brake off. For '21 models, this is not an issue because they have the automatic parking brake that engages when you move the steering levers out. It does not come with a hitch for towing, but they are available for about $25 and install easily.

This mower is certainly a prosumer class machine, and would be quite acceptable for commercial use. It was not purchased from a big box store, so it was fully assembled and tested prior to delivery, by technicians that know what they are doing. (It also came with a full tank of gas!) I have read some negative comments regarding Husqvarna machines not purchased from a dealer, and in many cases it seems as if the issues were with assembly, or pre-delivery inspections/adjustments. With a 4 year, bumper to bumper warranty, I feel that shows a confidence in a product's quality. This is a great mower and I highly recommend it.

Original review: July 30, 2021

My Husqvarna is a great mower and cuts level for a 42 inch riding mower. I would recommend this mower as it looks as good as it works for me. I had a John Deere but it did not pick up leaves and pine needles as good as the Husqvarna.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Have a Z254 Zero Turn. Great mower and very reliable so far. Easy upkeep and easy DIY fixing of the mower. Need to change oil and fluids after 5-8 hours after buying it to keep it operating well. Easy clean. System works well after use and mower has started without issue every time since purchasing it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I found myself in need of a lawn tractor on very short notice. Due to a shortage at the time I didn't have a whole lot of options. Due to availability I purchased a Husqvarna TS254XG. I was unhappy with it from the start. First off it rattles like an old tin can. No doubt some loose part that I will be able to fix, but not a good impression when I just spent north of $3000 on it. It does not mow evenly even though the deck is even. Sometimes when I engage the blades it vibrates so bad that I am afraid it will stop running all together. I have owned many garden tractors over the years and never was as disappointed in one as I am the Husqvarna. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, I would recommend you purchase a different brand.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

I purchased my 46" riding Husqvarna mower a little over 3 years ago. At 2 years the bushing in the front right tire went out and the wheel just flopped all over the place, I took it in to be fixed. One year later now that is a little over three years and the warranty is up I am having the same problem with the same wheel and there are squeaks and noises all in the mower and this time the front wheel completely fell off. I have owned several riding mowers and have always bought them used, this is the first one I bought brand new. The used mowers never had any problems with, this Husqvarna is worst mower I ever bought! I do not recommend this brand at all! And when you call customer service you speak to someone in a foreign country that acts like they do not understand one thing you are saying, all they keep saying is they are sorry!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

After two years I used the mower it broke. Now no part. Hard to start. Cost a lot of moneys. Will not buy ever. Will buy American made item. At least you can get the parts on time or buy electric item at least it work.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I bought a Z254F Husqvarna mower from Lowes right at 2 years ago. It served me well until recently. $3400 mower and 2 years of use is not good. But, I have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and lifetime warranty on the mower deck which along with the "good" name from manufacturer, I was sold. My mower deck is in very bad shape and nothing that I could do to be responsible for it. Husqvarna said it was a maintenance issue. I will enclose photos if I can. Their customer service is a guy behind a phone in Manilla telling me they won't honor my warranty. Husqvarna really sucks! I will spread the word to the moon and back.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Very good mowers. They last a long time. Would recommend to other people to purchase these products. The prices are reasonable, but are more than cheaper mower. They are very good for home use and commercial use.

Husqvarna author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

Husqvarna Company Information