1.20/5
Based on 46 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Husqvarna

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 27, 2018

434 Husqvarna Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
COREY of Forest Grove, OR Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I was looking for a Chainsaw for my Wife. I choose Husqvarna. I found a 240 series 38.2 2 stroke motor. It was light, looked to be user friendly and really nice to look at. Before trying to start it I read the manual, gassed and oiled it up. I went to pull start it and it acted like the motor was locked up. I checked the chain break and it was off. We had a family emergency and I was not able to look at it for several weeks. I tried again to start it and it was so hard to pull. I then called the company called Innovations and told them my problem. They looked me up in their computer and found me. They did at that time let me know that it was not under warranty! I have only owned it for a few months I said, she told it has a 90 day warranty!

I missed it on the paperwork that was sent with the saw. I then was stuck either taking it to the shop in Town or work on it myself. First thing on this saw I noticed three adjustment holes on the left side of the plastic cover. Husqvarna told me that the carb cannot be adjusted by the consumer and that I need a special tool that refuse to sell me! I then learned that it can be adjusted with a Bic pen with the ink inners removed. Armed with my pen and tearing this thing apart so I can get it freed up I finally got this thing to run and idle! This saw just ran rough and when I turned it off it was back to hard to pull! After working on freeing this thing up again, I got it to start and run. Well it stopped on its own and would not restart!

After troubled shooting this thing again, I found a fouled Champion plug! I drove over to John Deere to buy a new plug. After I bought and paid for the plug I walked over to the saws. I found a Sthil saw on sale for almost the same price as the Husqvarna. So I bought it! The sales person that I have dealt with for years stated that that Husqvarna is not a Husqvarna, it's a Sears Chainsaw!... Huh? I would if been better to buy one at Harbor Freight! This my experience with the Husqvarna 240 38.2 14 inch bar saw. The only thing I can say is if I would of known what I found out the hard way I would say to anyone that comes in contact with this saw is... RUN FORREST RUN!

Richard of Burnsville, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

In October 2016 I purchased a Husqvarna 125BVX Leaf Blower from Lowe's. After 13 months of use it refused to start. I replaced the spark plug and still no start. I checked the compression with my thumb over the plug hole while pulling the rope and thought it was low. I took it to my local Husqvarna repair shop and was told in fact the blower had 55 lbs of compression, about half what it was supposed to. It has a two year warranty but was told that since I didn't purchase it there they would have to disassemble the blower and send pictures to Husqvarna to see if they would repair it under warranty. If they did I would have to pay for the repairs and file a claim with the company to get re-reimbursed. I thanked them and took the blower with me.

I then took it to Lowe's and they sent it to their authorized repair center. The center called after about a week and informed me that the blower had been operated with improper lubrication and with water in the fuel mix. Both things I knew to be incorrect. They told me it would cost me $207.00 to replace the piston and rings and rebuild the carburetor. I told them I could replace it cheaper than that just send it back unrepaired. I went to pick it up and was presented with a $61.00 bill for diagnosis.

I told them to just keep the blower for the fee and they couldn't do that. Lowe's marked the fee off and gave me the blower back. It has no evidence of being disassembled. I contacted Husqvarna customer service and they stood behind the incorrect diagnosis, and said they were sorry. So now I have replaced it with another brand. I wouldn't recommend buying anything with the Husqvarna name on it. It seems that they will come up with any kind of lame excuse to refuse to do warranty repairs.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Joe of Yeppoon, Other Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I bought this Husqvarna LTD2243 ride on mower brand new from the local dealer. It had a few hiccups at the start. The solenoid that opens to allow the fuel to flow into the carby was defective. It was replaced with a new part obtained from the dealer. It then started much better when needed. The engine, a two cylinder B & S works perfectly with heaps of power. The worst part is that the steering is atrocious in the "N" degree. The steering assembly has no way to adjust the toe in or toe out. The only way to fix the steering is to take the mower to the dealer and have new parts fitted. I was told that the problem occurs from running into rocks, logs, posts or trees. Apparently, hitting things bends some mysterious part that only the dealer can repair by replacing most of the steering suspension assembly.

It all came to halt when the steering was so pathetic that when one wheel was aligned in a straightforward position, the opposite wheel was turned out 3 INCHES! Steering was impossible. The mower was also four months out of warranty. I parked the mower in the garage and studied the situation for a long time. There is no tie-rod joining the king-pins and any adjustment was impossible. The king-pins could not be altered in any way at all. The steering is performed by two rods that are fastened to the king-pins and a quadrant plate. It is impossible to remove these rods without removing most of the assembly underneath the steering column. This in itself is a pain of a job.

After studying the bars for sometime I cut them in half with an angle grinder using a 1mm wide cut-off disc. The front half, about ten inches long, was then removed from the king-pins. These bars are made from .625 inch diameter steel (16 mm dia.) I cut two pieces of 30 mm dia steel, 75 mm long. A 5/8 dia hole was drilled thru the steel but offset 5 mm to form a thicker section to fit two set screws into the ends. The steering bars were reassembled with the new sleeves, the wheels set up with 5 mm toe-in to check for working and alignment. I set off with the mower and the steering was not just perfect, it was better than when it was brand new. For some reason I have yet to discover, I had to cut an extra 22 mm off one of the bars.

Through all this trauma, one wheel rim had split and was replaced under warranty. I read that the rims will split when the toe-in is grossly out of alignment. I have to fit two front new tires as they no longer have enough tread and are very vulnerable to being punctured. The steering can now be adjusted very easily if required but it still has problems on full lock. It works to my full satisfaction but I was only able to modify the steering rods because I have a metal lathe in my garage.

I am a Toolmaker/Machinist by trade and I am a top grade mechanical grade engineer with many years of experience both in Australia and the US. This is one machine I highly recommend NOT to buy! It also has great difficulty in cutting long grass more than four inches high. Long grass needs to cut by reversing two or three times over the same strip to get the grass down to size. The cutting deck is fabricated and is very strong but it rattles and bangs non-stop. I have yet to find a way to stop this happening. In short, have nothing to do with this mower!

Todd of Gresham, OR Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I bought the Husqvarna Brand 125B leaf blower thinking I was buying quality, but I was awakened by the fact that this company doesn't stand by their product, and that the leaf blower I bought is pure junk. I used it 4 times for my small yard, at periods of less than 10 minutes each time (estimated), and the blower stopped functioning. I tried to return it to Home Depot, but it was past their 90 day return policy. Home Depot recommend I take the blower to my nearest dealer, which I did, but, they were 12 weeks out. Meaning they couldn't work on it until then.

So, my dealer told me to call Husqvarna to see if they could return it. Husqvarna said no, but they could recommend another repair shop about 50 miles away. I will never ever buy anything from this company again. The dealer happens to be a small local outfit which cannot keep up the demand of bad product from Husqvarna. This is what they told me, and after buying this piece of crap, I believe them. I recommend buying another brand!

Jo of Shreveport, LA Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I bought a brand new chainsaw Husky Model 240. Short chain aside. It only worked once. I have checked the plug, rinsed with gas the gas tank, added new fuel and nothing. I hate it and I want my money back, it's junk! All my other gas engine out workhorses are Stihl and they are going strong after 18+ years of service. If Husky would return my money, I would never look back. It is true the Husky is being produced in the Poulan factory, by me it is. One door sends out orange. The other door sends out green. Essentially you are paying for a Husky and getting bottom of the barrel Poulan chainsaws. I saw the plant doing this personally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Jonathan of Newark, DE Verified Reviewer
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Long story short I got a leaf blower 2 yrs ago as a gift and last week it stopped working. Went to check the fuel filter and it was never installed at the factory. Ordered a new push primer button kit and spark plug. Would stay running. Carb needs to be pulled and clean. Due to the fact that the company is putting out poor quality product I put the leaf blower in the garbage. I would rather rake leaves than own any products from this company.

Eddie of Sanford, NC Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bought a Husqvarna gas blower at Lowe's. After running for a total of less than 2 hours, it simply will not start. Call Husqvarna, only to find nearest warranty dealer is over 30 miles away. Will NEVER buy Husqvarna again.

Maria of Orlando, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Bought this lawn mower about 5 months ago. Used it maybe 3x. August 2017 mower started clunking. Stopped using mower immediately. Called Husqvarna. They told me take it to a dealer. I took it, was told by serviceman that his mechanic was out and it would take 3 weeks to even look at it. Everything was fine except for clunk. I started the mower in the office of the dealer. No smoke and motor was working fine except for clunk when you start it. After 3 weeks I was told to call Husqvarna and that I was running the mower with no oil. Impossible. We had put the oil that came in the box. Before we even took it for service we checked the oil and it was perfect and the service guy told me he had to find somebody to look at it because his mechanic was sick.

Called Husqvarna and told them all this, was told that they can't do anything because it was my fault. I explained how could it be if I only used it 3x. She asked if motor was smoking. Told her no when I took it for service the guy told me to start the mower indoors. I did. Started right up. No smoke. Told them I will never buy a Husqvarna anything or a Briggs and Stratton. I have never had so much problems with a mower. So I picked up my mower from the authorized service, started it up at the place and it started. I took it home, tried to start it up, blew up and won't start again. Horrible company and product, now I am out $400.00 and I have to buy a new mower on top of this.

Duard of Butler, MO Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I have or I should say had a Rider Model # YTH23V48. I bought it in Butler, MO 64730, from Young sales and repair. I bought it off of the showroom floor and paid more than I thought it was worth. I was dissatisfied from day one. It didn't have half of the deck clearance I was use to and it didn't serve my needs well at all. Previously I owned a Sears Craftsman mower, which was smaller horsepower and cutting width. That mower was ten times the Husqvarna was. It had twice the deck clearance and ran well for well over 14 years. When I went to get it repaired, I was offered to look over the New mowers at Young's sales and service. I did not trade my craftsman in and left it there for repair and after several inquiries and two years later, I found that it was sold out from under me.

Needless to say, I forced him to pay me for it. Bottom line is, after owning the Husqvarna for less than 3 years I am still paying for it and it now has a blown engine or so I have been told by Extreme Motors, the new Dealer in Butler, MO. Guess what? Their service was not any better. I have had it in there for a simple blown fuse and $400.00 later it had the wrong ignition put in, with no safety features anymore and they cut my headlight wires to stop the blown fuse problem. I gave them a piece of my mind just like I had given Young's Sales. May I suggest that you make a better mow, along the lines of Craftsman or John Deere and do not let an unskilled shop operate in Butler furthermore. I am totally done with any Husqvarna product from here on and am seriously considering suing the company.

That mower was a piece of junk from the start! I would also like to add that all I have is the card last four on which I am still paying ** and model number # Model # YTH23V48. I believe this company should reimburse each and every customer for whatever Husqvarna product they were unlucky enough to purchase. Absolutely terrible products and even worse service!

Sheila of Walnut Ridge, AR Verified Reviewer
Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Husqvarna self-propelled lawn mower from Lowe's is one of the worst products ever put on the market. It never started very well from the beginning and locked the motor up after 4 uses. When returned to Lowe's because we purchased an extended warranty was told there was no lubricant in the mower. We have purchased a number of mowers in our 50 some odd years of mowing and know that you must put oil in the mower!!! We are out over $500 dollars and if I could them zero stars Lowe's and Husqvarna I would!!!

Jim of Fairfax, VA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Husqvarna 700H 22" Self-Powered Mower: Just a word of warning -- in my 63 years, this is the very worst mower that I have ever used -- ever. It was also the most expensive mower I've owned. Bought it at Lowe's this spring. It has no power. The "mulching" component magically SUSPENDS the cut grass inside the mower housing until the blade gets choked by too much compressed grass, and the entire mower is forcibly shut off. So very frustrating. The only way to restart the mower is to dislodge the enormous amount of compressed grass -- leaving a mountain of unsightly clods on top of your yard. No, the grass doesn't need to be wet or damp for this to happen. Heaven help you if your grass *is* a tad damp. This mower (Husqvarna 700H) simply cannot handle it. I'm a nice person; in fact, this is the first negative review that I've ever written. I've just had enough. This review is completely honest, I have not exaggerated in any way.

ronnie of Sylvester, GA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Riding mower purchased from Sears was a headache from the jump start. Had to call and set up appointments for mower failing to start, smoking, parts loose. Times were set so far in the future yard got in a mess. After warranty expired had to take it to local certified dealer and spent a small fortune. This gave me buyer's remorse in the worse way. The product wasn't durable at all. I bought about 5 batteries in 5 years which makes me think I may have had electrical issues. It finally died September 4, 2017. Funeral services September 14, 2017. Sunrise 2011 - Sunset 2017.

Lester of Loudon, TN Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

The mower was bought 6/5/17 and has given me starting problems plus grayish smoke last 2 times I used it. Yesterday while cutting grass it began blowing smoke like it was on fire! My wife spent over 2 hours on the phone waiting on customer service finally talking to a rep who took forever to tell her to take it back to Lowe’s. She was directed to call the local store and arrange for them to come out and fix the problem. However, when she called the local customer service she was told they wouldn't send anyone out but they would pick it up for a fee. She asked if we could bring it instead. They said yes, but before closing. Therefore, we borrowed a truck to take it back to the Knoxville Lowe’s, 210 N. Peters Rd. 37923. It was over 25 miles one way. When we got there and unloaded it they took it into the store. My wife went in to get papers saying we delivered it as instructed.

She was then told we would have to take it to another place. She told them we were instructed to bring it there and was not interested and now moving it to another location. She was then told she would have to sign a paper stating we would be responsible to pay them up to $300.00 for resolving the problem. Less than 3 months old with a 1 year warranty and now Lowe’s is trying to Stick us with a bill for what they told us to do with no mention on the phone by either reps about any fees. Was this a bait and switch like scam? I believe it was! My wife told the original rep we wanted our money back and he told her to take have it picked up.

The second rep looked the first rep’s information and then demanded my wife sign the paper described above. My wife came out to the truck and informed me of the changes they demanded, either take to Anderson Site or sign the note saying we would pay them. I told her to get in truck and we left. We were supposed to get our money back and then switched to paying for them to check it out. RIDICULOUS!!! All we want is our money refunded or another brand new mower like the original one, but not a LEMON! Invoice ** for $1375.57. Transaction #** on 6/5/17.

Sandy of Wolf Creek, OR. Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I was really disappointed with not being able to raise the level of the cut any. It meant it was absolutely worthless to me in the condition delivered. Here it sits... over a year later and never mowed a darn thing.

Star of Fletcher, NC Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Purchased Lawnmower new from local Lowe's end of May. I only used it about 4 times to cut 1.5 acres of grass. Lawnmower stopped moving and was smoking. Wouldn't go forward or backward. Loaded it up and took to local distributor because I owned it 41 days and Lowe's absolved themselves after 30 for floor model mowing equipment. Local distributor has mower for 31 days. Meanwhile, I have to pay someone $100/week for these 4 weeks to cut my grass.

Fast forward to August 1, when I get Lawnmower back from repair and they explain they fixed the transmission. Cut grass ONCE, and the very next time I try to use the mower again, it has the EXACT same problem: smoking and will not proceed forward or backward. I call the Husqvarna customer service line to try and seek resolution in the form of a replacement Lawnmower or my money back. Rep says he can't issue a refund or a new mower, that I have to go through the distributor again. Meanwhile, it rains every day and I will have to pay someone twice as much to cut this high grass. What a terrible piece of equipment that I wasted $1900 on! I am so upset and discouraged by their laissez-faire attitude. Do Not Purchase this!

Scott of Harrison Township, MI Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

We bought the weed trimmer at Lowe's after comparing many brands and styles. I already owned a Husqvarna leaf blower and have been very pleased. The weed trimmer was light, quiet, and very easy to use. The string feed is a major improvement over other styles offered by other manufacturers. It only takes a light push on the ground to advance the string. It starts easily and has a lot of power for a 2 cycle. I will definitely purchase other power tools from Husqvarna in the future.

Gary of Corpus Christi, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I have had a YTH24V48 for over 3 years and it has been a great mower. We clean the air filter often and change the oil and filter as required. The only problems we have had is when I hit rocks. We move about 4 acres with it, during the summer each weekend during the winter about once every 4 weeks. Living in Texas the grass grows all year long. I recently purchased a Z254 and this is a beast. Great mower - starts and runs like a top. No problems with it at all. Again we change the oil, oil filter and air filter when required and clean it after every use.

carl of Fort Thomas, KY
Original review: July 27, 2017

Does not mulch... belts that control the all wheel drive get clogged no matter if the setting of the lawnmower is low or high. Shouldn't have to mow your grass more than once. The lawn looks terrible when I'm finished mowing.

Glen of Whitesboro, NY Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: July 18, 2017

We purchased a new Husqvarna YTH21K46 riding mower from Lowe’s located in New Hartford NY store a few years back. While I was mowing our lawn yesterday (7/16/17) I noticed flames shooting out the front cowl. This appeared to be a fuel line that may have became defective and failed. The mower is complete loss and we are now looking for a new mower within only a few years of purchasing this one. Local law enforcement and fire department were called to extinguish the blaze since the fuel tank was nearly full. We have had nothing but problems with this mower since we purchased it, the engine mounts were never tightened from the factory and I had to install new ones. The welds on the mower deck broke and had to be re-welded. The exhaust manifold kept coming loose, the list goes on and on.

This is very disappointing and somewhat disturbing knowing this fire could have caused serious injury. We won’t be purchasing another mower from Husqvarna due to the quality of the product. I have reached out to Husqvarna about this issue and they did take an incident report and said they would be calling me back. I will update again once they respond or if they respond.

bruce of Enumclaw, WA Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 15, 2017

POS. First can't reverse without shutting off mower (Husqvarna 46" Rider w/ lg bags) or unengaging blade which causes unneeded stress on drive belt being engaged off and on (a lot!). Lever to engage/unengaged slams your right knee cap! OW! Safety??? Bagging SUX! Bought large bags. They are terrific. Problem is the mower clogs constantly. Wet or Dry = clog. Short or tall = clog. Small twig = clog. I spend more time with this crappy mower then I ever did with my old Sears on the Fender shifter. Takes me an EXTRA HOUR to mow my 1 acre. Tires? SUCK! Small uphill grade and the tires just spin. DO NOT BUY this mower unless you like frustration and have a great deal of time you don't need.

Charles of Cleveland, GA Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 12, 2017

Purchased a new Husqvarna Riding Lawn Mower. M# YT48XLS. Had it for 3 months. First day I used it the left front wheel just rolled off of the axle. No biggie, I replaced it and went on. The mower would not charge the battery. I had to fully charge the battery about every 2 weeks. Took it back to the dealer where it was repaired. I was told that an alternator and a regulator was replaced under warranty. Also since day one the deck which I feel is poorly designed would get clogged.

The blades would not discharge the clippings. I had to buy a mower lift so that I could clean under the deck after about 1 hour of mowing. Also when deck begins to clog the center blade will leave uncut grass in the middle of the row of cut grass. Bottom line I have to clean under the deck with a pressure washer about every 1 - 2 hours of use. TERRIBLE DESIGN!!! By the way the dealer Habersham Hardware has been very helpful. They are trying.

John of East Peoria, IL
Original review: July 10, 2017

Husqvarna 240 chainsaw: Total junk... Couldn't get it started out of the box. Finally did, made very few cuts, died, wouldn't restart, replaced plug ignition mod, fuel filter. Torn completely down, re-gapped everything. Still, won't start. I won't buy Husqvarna again.

david of Graceville, FL Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: July 6, 2017

I bought this blower from Lane's Outdoor Equipment in Chipley FL on 8 May 2017 because Husqvarna had a $40 rebate with the blower. I completed the forms before the rebate expired and emailed to them. After waiting almost two months for the rebate I called the rebate center and was told that they have no record of my paperwork. I sent the claim form and the sales receipt but they don't have them. Now that the promotion has ended they are sorry (really sorry) but they can't honor their agreement even if I re-submit the required paperwork. I have several other Husqvarna products but this will be my last one. They suck!

Kevin of Kennesaw, GA Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 3, 2017

Purchased two brand new push mowers from Lowe's, both have been terrible and one just died. We had purchased the extended warranty yet like everyone else; they blame us for it breaking. Terrible product and terrible warranty. I will no longer purchase from Lowe's or a Husqvarna product.

Lionel of Killeen, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 28, 2017

I bought this mower to replace a 25 year old John Deere. After a while one gets tired of working on them before using them. I purchased it at Lowe's in April, In May the belt came off so I called Lowe's and they told me to bring it in. I did and after three weeks I picked it up. Right away the belt came off again. This time I called Husqvarna and they told me to take it to a dealer, I did. Two weeks later the mower is back home, I have finally been able to cut the entire lawn, but guess what? The belt came off AGAIN! Husqvarna used to make really quality equipment, I have a 20 year old chainsaw that has never given me any problem. If I had known this was the way they treat their customers I would have bought another John Deere. Now I have to take it back to the dealer and hope they get it right this time.

Jack of State College, PA Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: June 24, 2017

Husqvarna 455 Rancher Chainsaw - The chainsaw is well built and reliable until it begins to leak bar oil. Husqvarna knows that this problem is very widely reported by most model 455 owners. The part fails after about 40 to 60 hours of use. The fix is replacing the oil feed hose with a new style (correctly manufactured) hose (part 158551400(1)). The part costs $2.95. The labor costs $53.00. The repair is covered by the 2-year warranty or the pay extra extended warranty.

Husqvarna notified its dealers about this manufacturing defect, shhhh, but did not notify registered chainsaw owners. Husqvarna will not do the right thing and issue a general and advertised recall. Memo to Husqvarna--do you see all (hundreds) of 1-star ratings on this website? It is a prescription for laying off many of your workers. Your quality and customer service ratings have plummeted lower than even Black and Decker. Do the right thing, issue a recall and free repair when it is Husqvarna's fault.

Cindy of House Springs, MO Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 22, 2017

I had a similar situation to some of those I'm reading here. Bought a Husqvarna riding mower at Lowe's with an extended 3 year warranty. Worked fine for two seasons, this year all of a sudden a loud clunk noise and the mower started smoking. We shut it down immediately and called for service. The repair facility fixed it and sent it to Husqvarna and they denied the claim, saying we had to have run over something or hit an object in the yard and it wasn't covered. We didn't hit anything and there is NO damage to the blades, but apparently that doesn't matter. Wish I would have seen this site sooner and would have never bought the mower. Will never own another Husqvarna product again, and I'm not real happy with Lowe's at this point either who got an additional $200 for a warranty that seems will never be honored. Would have given zero stars if I could have.

Tab of Abbeville, LA Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: June 21, 2017

We bought a Zero Turn Mower Husqvarna with a Hydro-Gear transmission and ONLY used it for 2 summers. The transmission went out and neither companies want to warranty out the transmission! I told one of the guys with Hydro-Gear "I'm sure you don't have one of these mowers because they are crappy," he laughed and said "no". I will make sure EVERYONE finds out about their crappy mowers and service!!! So pissed!!!

Mica of York, PA Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 7, 2017

Riding mower serial #031915A056372 - Bought riding mower from Lowe's. Husqvarna mower was recommended by salesman. The mower was purchased on 5/2015. It worked beautifully for 2 seasons. However on June 4 2017, my son cut the front half of the yard with no issues. When he got to the last half of the yard, the mower started making a horrible sound. My son disengaged the deck and jumped off of the mower, thinking that it was going to explode. After waiting several minutes, we tried to start it up again. It started right up but had an even worse grinding noise, complete with a horrible vibration. He immediately turned it off and we had to push the mower up the hill to the garage.

I called Lowe's warranty number and after 2 days the local repair shop picked it up. Today they call me and say that the deck is completely busted loose along with the PTO clutch. Numerous other pieces and parts missing (there were no pieces found in my yard) and that the mower was "abused or used commercially and is therefore not covered under warranty". The mower has always been garaged kept, fluids check and changed regularly. I told the repair shop that there is nothing in the almost 2 acres that could have ripped off the deck and clutch. No damage could be seen anywhere on the mower, no scratches or dents, just the deck and clutch hanging. Right now, nothing is covered under warranty. I'm responsible for repairs. $2000.00 thrown out the window. There is no way that I would pay for repairs on this thing. I'll put the money on a new, different mower.

Josh of Sapulpa, OK
Original review: June 7, 2017

I love this weed eater and it's a beast but it is a specialty weed eater only sold at Lowe's. This model is sold elsewhere but the one sold at Lowe's has a different type air filter that is hard to find. I purchased one online that didn't work and they wouldn't refund me because I ordered it. Lowe's doesn't carry the air filter nor do local suppliers. They can't even find the part. Why would Husqvarna make a product that you can't find replacement parts for. The model is 9671752-01 and the serial number is 160603045. Someone please help me find this part or at least the part number.

Husqvarna expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

• Best for: Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.husqvarna.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use