Husqvarna

Compare Riding Mowers

Research top Riding Mowers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchase a new lawnmower in July 2016. After a half-dozen uses 2 bolts came out of the handle. To replace them the service center had to dismantle the rear of the lawnmower. When I spoke with the manufacturer I was told this was not covered under warranty. I chalk it up to very poor workmanship on the part of the manufacturer. I cannot believe any reputable manufacturer would not back their product for 3 months use.

My Dad and I bought this YTH2454 mower new and used it for only a short time before problems started. The front axle is bogus. It starts to lean backwards and then the front wheels start facing out. We took it to a service center and Husqvarna told them it was an operator error? When this happens the wheels will fall off. I took it to a friend and we welded brackets to the frame so there is no way for it to lean back which fixed this problem. The hydrostatic transmission went out which I replaced. The deck hangers keep falling off.

I am in the process now of engineering a new deck hanging system instead of the brackets that slip into a hole. This hole keeps wearing out which in turn lets the bracket fall out and the deck drop on the ground. I have had the holes welded up and drilled out several times. The electric clutch for the blades went out. I have had to replace the steering column. My small engine repair man says the reason Husqvarna will not fix these problems, is that they are in the parts selling business. He said every one of these machines that comes into his shop has the same problems!!! I will never own another Husqvarna product and would advise everyone else to do the same!!!

Just received my second HUSQVARNA chainsaw. My first one is a Rancher 455. First time using it oil leaked out the bottom. We work on all of our own equipment so we tore it down and found the flexible oil supply line hose had a hole in it. We obtained a replacement part locally and fixed it. Great saw, cuts great. It sucks to have to repair a brand new saw. Today I received my second HUSQVARNA saw a T435 14 inch. Filled it with gas and oil, tried it out and guess what. Right oil running out the bottom. Tore it down and again a big split in the oil supply line. Again we have to fix a brand new saw. Went to HUSQVARNA website to try to contact them and nowhere is there any way to email them. So I will wait til Monday to get a replacement part. I have attached a photo of the split hose. Very disappointed in HUSQVARNA quality control and lack of ability to contact them.

Bought a Husqvarna 42" yard tractor June 2016. Has had transmission problems from day one. Now, it's downright dangerous. Transmission will not disengage when you let off the gas. Have to hit the brake to stop it. This happens sporadically so you have zero warning to get the mower stopped. Finally scheduled a repair through the purchase place and they are charging me 200 bucks to pick it up. Worst lawn mower ever. Never again. I will never trust it again so I'll have to buy a new DIFFERENT brand and park this useless hunk of junk as a back up mower.

Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower 4 years old and garbage. I am currently working on this thing and have since the first day I bought it. Just like some of the vehicles on the road today, there should've been a recall on this thing. Hydraulics are terrible due to weight distribution, any small grade going downhill you better get ready to bail, it cannot hold its own weight. Broke the casting on the handle second time using it. Tension pull keeps bending and had to add reinforcements. As for the motor, Briggs and Stratton do not make em like they use to. Kills all the mosquitoes for sure. Bent the push rods. Three other people that I know went and bought the same mower. All four of these machines broke the muffler off. Had to replace the stator. Just all and all I should've bought a Grasshopper. Don't waste your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

The name LGT stands for Light Garden Tractor. Emphasis on LIGHT. These have the Tuff Torq 46A hydrostatic transmission. This transmission has to be the most widely panned transmission amongst all riding lawnmowers. Add me to the list of very unhappy customers. My transmission is slipping badly after 5 years. A new transmission will cost over $300.00 without labor. Once installed I would have a LGT with the same crappy transmission. Please do your research and stay away from all the Tuff Torq 46A transmission. Forewarned.

I purchased this mower (YTA24v48) from Lowe's and used it 2 times and it has only has 8 hours on it. Something broke on it and it would not go forward or back up. Lowe's picked it up on April 2nd and sent it to Husqvarna repair shop and they don't know when it will be fixed. They said they had to order a part and was waiting on it. That has been 3 weeks ago. I am not happy with the service or the mower. I would like to exchange it for another brand But just have to wait on Lowe's to do something.

It was OK until the warranty expired. 2 years after spending $2900 on a zero turn mower I have NOTHING but problems with the safety switch system. I can't start the mower and have tried by passing, replacing and re-setting switches with 0 (ZERO) success. This is the biggest waste of money. Husqvarna and the dealer who sold it to me can or will not help me because it's out of warranty. They won't even give me tips on how to resolve the issue. I found out from another dealer that there is a known issue with the safety switches on these trackers, even OUT OF THE BOX. If anyone can help that would be great. Husqvarna needs a recall or they need to MAJOR LAWSUIT. Safety switch systems are a JOKE anyway. Just because a few STUPID people can't safely operate a machine I have to suffer with these safety switch BS. That's big government and corporation corruption for you.

Last September I bought a R322T Husqvarna mower, I last mowed the end of November. I put gas guard in the tank and parked it in my shed, and started the Briggs & Stratton once a week. This spring I mowed my grass twice, the next time I tried to mow the mower quit. Now I am told it is not covered under warranty and I had done something wrong.

Nov 2014 I bought the Husqvarna GT52XLS riding mower for $3299.95 from Eastern Truck Equipment in Boonsboro, MD because the local dealer would not be able to deliver for four months. Oct 2015 I took it to the Western Power in Needville TX which is a Husqvarna service provider because the mower did not move after a ½ hour of use. Service man said the "belt was glazed" and he replaced it under warranty.

Feb 2017 I took it to Aztec Rental which is a different Husqvarna service provider because the mower did not move after a ½ hour of use. Service man said the "belt was glazed" and I paid to replace it. After the first use the original problem appeared and I took it back, and they determined that it was a faulty Hydro-Guard transmission. The transmission has only a two year warranty so they said it was not covered. To replace the transmission it would cost approximately $1400.00 plus labor which make it questionable the economic sense to replace it. The unit has only 47.2 hours of use.

I bought my Husqvarna riding mower from Lowe's a couple of years ago. I've since spent as much as I paid for it in repairing it. This mower is absolute garbage. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE MOWERS. It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever, ever, ever buy a mower from Lowe's or a Husqvarna product again. I hope this helps prevent someone from throwing their money away, the hassle of owning and repairing one of these movers.

This blower is a lemon. From the start it was in need of repairs. I used it the first winter which it worked somewhat okay. The power steering on the left side was a little hard to work. In September of that year I had Fasco Appliance in Oshkosh, Wisconsin come and pick it up to check it over. That is when the problem started. When they brought it back there was no high speed. Fasco Appliance in Oshkosh said there was nothing wrong with it and that was it was supposed to run that slow. I had them pick it up again because I knew that it was wrong. They replaced the power steering cable and a belt. When I got it back the second time the speed was still slow and now when you released the auger lever it still kept on running.

I then called Krueger Hardware in Neenah who picked it up from Neenah, who charged me a quarter of the pick up charge that Fasco did and Fasco is in Oshkosh. Krueger found that Fasco had put the auger belt on wrong and that it burnt the belt cover. Now this year on the first snow fall the high speed was gone again so I had Krueger's come and pick it up. They found that three of the seven bolts on the crank cover were loose and that caused a leak which dripped on the belts. They had to replace both of the belts. Fasco cause this too.

Now on January 26, 2017 I find that the power steering on the left side is bad again. It almost takes two hands to activate it. So this is going to cost me more money. I am seventy years old and can't afford all these bills. What gets me mad is that I had a Sears Craftsman blower for ten years and all I put in it was gas, oil and the skid plates once. If I keep this blower that long I would have paid for it in repairs ten over. This blower new cost me $2197.77. The serial number is 081811m000136. Is there something wrong with this blower?

After buying a new snow blower in Dec of 2016 I got home, I realized it was broken, I brought it back to place of purchase and was informed that I had to bring it to another town to have repairs done. After borrowing a truck to do so the guys at repair shop told me they don't do warranty work and gave me another number and address from another town, off I go again. After driving 45 min to another repair shop they also informed me that they don't do warranty work, they gave me another address. At this point I'm getting really impatient so I call the place where I purchased the blower and told them I was bringing it back and for them to deal with the headache, 3 weeks later I'm still sitting at home waiting for a blower that I didn't get to use yet.

Now they are telling me they're having trouble getting Husqvarna to pay for parts and repair so I called Husqvarna myself to see what was going on and customer relations told me with an attitude that it was my fault for bringing it back to the place of purchase and I should have brought it directly to them, 4 hrs away and that it was nothing they could or would do. I told them I should have bought a Honda and avoided this mess altogether and that's the last 1600$ they will ever get from me. Winter is almost done and I didn't get to use my snow blower once and it's sitting at Canadian tire past 3 weeks and looks like it's going to be another 3 weeks if they even fix it?

After contact with the company and no results, find Husky snowblower engineering very inept. My new 30-inch and neighbors 24-inch blower have same problems. After using for a few minutes in real cold, the chute assemblies refuse to rotate and even the deflector hood freezes up. Ice build up seems to be the problem. A hair dryer and a few seconds later the darn thing works again. Who needs to spend a lot of money for a name product, only to have to purchase an additional tool to use it? My driveway is too long for the extension cord and the blower may not be a good place to use a torch. Beware.

We bought our Husqvarna snowblower on 1-27-14. We purchased it from Fleet Supply in Sauk Centre, MN. Our snowblower worked ok for the most part. It wasn't the quality we thought it would be. When our son was snowblowing 10 days ago he checked the oil and fluid was running out on the floor. We immediately took it to Fleet Supply in Sauk Centre, MN as we had bought it there and they are an authorized Husqvarna repair shop.

When we dropped our snowblower off on Tuesday, January 10, 2017. Ralph said it would be done within 24 hours as he had to empty his shop each day. My husband said to take his time and do it right. Ralph quoted us $20.00. I wasn't ok with that as it should have been under warranty. I called on Thursday to see what was up. Ralph was very short with me and said he hadn't had time to get to it. On Saturday I called 3 times with no return call. Ralph finally called back and said he didn't want to call back as I was rude to the cashiers. Ralph isn't doing his job and it is suddenly my fault! Get a grip! He said he had to order a part. The repair was now going to be $70.00 to fix. He didn't plan on calling us to let us know that as he is just too busy. I simply wouldn't have paid it. It should have been warranty anyway.

When my husband picked up the snowblower on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 they blamed us for the issue. They said we didn't put stabilizer in the gas and it broke down. I think he said the carburetor was stuck. We always put stabilizer in our equipment. Then the buyer from Husqvarna was there. He got loud and mouthy with my husband. This should have been a warranty repair plain and simple. Mr. Husqvarna said it was up to him and he said it wouldn't be covered without testing anything. I would NEVER buy anything from Fleet Supply again and I would not buy a Husqvarna. It isn't our fault it had a faulty carburetor. The people at Fleet Supply were absolute JACK ASSES! Todd the manager was an idiot and took no responsibility and Ralph had not idea what he was doing!

Purchase snow blower Husqvarna from business that deals with Husqvarna. Purchased snow blower in 2015. Never used it. No snow. This year went to use it and found that plastic frame that is closest to ground was bent in one spot causing paddles to hit bent spot and not allow paddles to turn. Warranty was still good. Called Husqvarna and the place I purchased it from and got the big run around. Who put plastic in a area that comes in contact with cement.

I checked out a lot of different zero turn mowers and ended up with a Husqvarna MZ 52LE. The dealer raved over the quality of construction and durability of this mower. What he didn't say was what a piece of crap this mower is with zero turning or traction. If you have any respect for your lawn as I do you will NEVER buy a Husqvarna. These mowers rip your lawn into shreds. Any time you try to turn around, the stationary tire locks and just rips a nice hole in your lawn (every time). And Lord forbid you get onto a hill and need to back up, the tires will literally just spin until you are really good and stuck, and you find yourself on many, many occasions having to get a tow strap and pull it out. My old mower (Grasshopper) never got stuck. Had I known what I know now I would never, EVER have purchased this mower!

This chainsaw has been the worst saw for starting and trying to keep it running. I have owned the saw for less than 2 years with hardly any usage. Husqvarna cannot find the part I need along with the dealers that service this saw. The lady at Husqvarna told me the saw was not old enough for the parts catalog to display the brake cover that I need. She said they would do a study on it and get back to me. I really doubt if that is going to happen.

Lawnmower HU800AWD - Mower has been in the repair shop since July 14 for warranty repairs. Husqvarna is taking its time in sending repair parts to the their repair shop during this period. IF a repair part is sent, it takes about 1 week. I will NOT be purchasing another Husqvarna product (this is my first). I contacted their customer service on 9/12 regarding this issue and have not heard anything back. I will follow up on the 19th.

Because of a very bad design on the wiring on the blade clutch we had to invest in a $200.00 part and spend three hours trying to replace the broken clutch. The wiring design is so bad and so restricted that with time the wiring pulled away from the clutch. There has got to be a better design for such a great product.

TS 243 product 960410379 00 serial 040615 A002806 year 2015 Bought new and used once to cut the lawn. Developed a heavy fuel line leak. On inspection the fuel line below the petrol tank had been worn through by the cutting belt. Need to check if this is a regular assembly problem as it is a serious fire hazard.

Four years ago, I purchased a Husqvarna mower - XT722FE. I will be purchasing a new mower in the next few days and will not be getting a Husqvarna. The engine is good but nothing else is. I have replaced wheels twice, the blade and now the self-propelled has stopped working. Everytime I go to mow, it is something else to fix, replace, etc. If I didn't take care of it like oil changes, cleaning underneath, using the right gas, etc., I could understand all the problems but I make a point to take care of my things. I will not nor will I recommend this mower or any Husqvarnas to anyone I know.

After a good experience with the Husqvarna tractor I bought for my son, I made the mistake of buying one of their trimmers. In the year that I've owned it it's been back to the shop three times for non-warranty repairs. The repair guys say it is a piece of junk, and I just threw it in the dumpster. There will be no more of their products in this family's future.

Walk Behind Mower HU 800AWDX BBC. Purchased mower July 18th. Used once on front yard and it did okay. Used on backyard and right rear wheel lever used to raise and lower height became disengaged and loose. Can't use the mower. $649.00...down the tubes. Lowe's won't take it back and Husqvarna says it is not their issue. Can repair for $475.00 plus the cost of pick-up.

For anyone thinking of buying a Husqvarna, don't let the store lied to you like they lied to me. They told me if there was a problem with the mower to bring it back to them and they would fix it in about a week. Well in three weeks it didn't run anymore so I took it back. And was told I cannot bring it there and then I cannot return it, I have to take it to an authorized service center. Not what they told me when I bought it, but it sounds ok, right. Nope. Below is a copy of the text on Husqvarna's webpage.

"Why would a servicing dealer refuse to repair my equipment that I purchased elsewhere? Each of our dealers is an independently owned business and we cannot control their business decisions. We can only suggest that you call ahead, prior to bringing your unit in for repair, to make sure a dealer can and will assist you. If necessary, contact customer service for other authorized servicing dealer options in your area." All the service centers in my area will not honor the warranty. So I have to pay to have my 3 week old lawnmower repaired! I will never ever buy another Husqvarna!

Husqvarna 128LD overheats. Purchased a refurbished weed eater online from VMInnovations and it initially seemed ok until I actually tried to do a trim job with it. The unit overheats after about 10 to 15 minutes of use and dies, won't start again until it cools. Unit comes with a worthless warranty from the manufacturer. No "factory authorized dealer" will service a unit under warranty unless you bought it from them. Why would Husqvarna authorize someone unwilling to do the job? Calls to the manufacturer require 2 hours on the phone dancing around with them on one "please hold" after another only to be told that refurbished units only carry a 30-day warranty.

Tried explaining their "authorized" refurbished seller has a 90-day manufacturer warranty spelled out on their eBay to no avail. VMInnovations claims it is only warrantied by the manufacturer so I guess nobody warranties Husqvarna anything. An item being refurbished should be just that but it should be thoroughly checked to make sure it's ok. Buyer beware: unless you buy their products from a dealer and overpay for it don't expect warranty. Husqvarna is fully aware of this fact.

Bought a Riding mower. Made by Husqvarna. Garden tractor mower. Piss-poor. I own a tree removal service and quit buying Husqvarna chainsaws about 6 years ago. I use to swear by them. But I'm done with them, never again. There got my last dollar. Bought this mower from Lowe's. I have to say all power equipment is not what it use to be due to federal EPA regulations. I've had nothing but problems with Husqvarna stuff. Over last several years. Use to think their Husqvarna 350 saw was the best in its class but that went to chit too, had the mufflers fall off, same with the 575xp. Stay far away from this brand. From a pro.

I bought a Husqvarna walk behind mower 2 years ago for $400.00 thinking it would be a high end mower. I will not buy another product from Husqvarna ever again. It has underperformed in every way. It cannot cut deep or wet grass and requires continual cleaning under the deck due to clogging of mulched grass. The rear wheels are wobbly and cause problems over terrain. The engineering of their products is cheap. I will go elsewhere for my lawn maintenance needs.

I bought a Zero turn Husqvarna Z246 mower, had it 33 days, 6.3 hrs on the hour meter and the transmission went out on both sides. Called customer service and was told to take it back to Lowe's and they would replace it with a new one. So I returned it back and the store manager asked if I had a return authorization number and I said she didn't give me one. So he calls Husqvarna customer service and was told that since it was 3 days past the 30 day return they would not authorize the exchange.

So I spoke to the woman on the phone and she would not authorize it because it was past the 30 days even just by 3 days. So I asked to speak with someone above her and she said it would be a waste of my time because they would say the same and would not authorize the exchange either. So I asked for her name and employee number and she would not give me her first name and stated that employees are not given employee numbers - like I believe that. So I left with a new broken mower. I will never buy another Husqvarna product ever.

Husqvarna HU 675 AWD walk behind mower. I purchased this mower in June of 2014. It has a 3 year warranty. So far it has had a running problem which the dealer found to be a part missing on the carburetor. The dealer replaced the whole carb under warranty. The front drive wheel adjusters bent and both wheels were angled in at the top and out at the bottom. The dealer replaced both front adjusters under warranty but Husqvarna said they would not ever replace them under warranty again as they thought it must be from me abusing the mower, which is not true. The second summer the rear wheels center hubs wore out and both wheels and rear adjusters and some gears in the wheels were replaced by the dealers after a several week wait for parts. The blade adapter wore out so that the blade just spun around. I replaced the adapter and blade at my expense after waiting for parts to come.

The outside of the air filter, the filter, and the pre- filter fell off and were lost. I had to buy the new improved complete assembly at my expense because they no longer made the one that my mower came with. This part took about a week to get. The front wheel adjusters were straightened by the dealer but after 2 mowings they are bent again and will not hold adjustment. Last week the drive cable for the AWD broke and they are on back order of at least 15 days. I contacted Husqvarna the time before this breakdown and was on the phone an hour with them and on hold. They did nothing but ask me for model and serial numbers and name at each person I was connected to. After 1 hour of talking and waiting on hold they disconnected me.

Today I called again and was told they needed all the info again although they have had many records with my name on this mower. I did not have the info as the mower was in the shop so they would not begin to help me. I went to the shop and called them back with the info and after an hour they said they would review what has happened and call me back. Needless to say I purchased an expensive mower that I thought I would get great service from and that just has not happened. I have spent many weeks each summer without a mower that is usable. It does not matter that it is under warranty because it is their discretion whether the mower is being abused. The dealer has claimed several times that I am letting a fat woman ride on it or that I am jumping up and down on it or that my wife and kids are doing something to it. Nobody has used or probably ever touched the mower except me and the dealer.

At the moment I once again am without a mower while it sits in the shop for over 2 weeks minimum for a part that is back ordered. On a positive note, both the front and rear wheel adjusters have now on the newer models have been replaced by a different type. The air cleaner housing has been replaced on the new models by one that has an additional snap which may keep it from falling off. Meanwhile I wait weeks to get my sub standard mower repaired... again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.
  • Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.
  • Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.
  • Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.
  • Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.
  • Best for Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

Compare Riding Mower