2.01/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

480 Husqvarna Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought a Brand New what was supposed to be a 2018 but turned out it was a 2017! In April of 2018 I have had to replace everything above the deck at least once due to failure of components! Also I have had to change the blades at least 4 times! Leeper's is where I was screwed at, and after fixing it again this last time, I found the deck was cracked at the weld of the back bracket! So I took it to an authorized warranty dealer. They called me and told me Husqvarna will not service my warranty! I paid $3000 for a mower that’s a $$$ pit! I WILL NEVER SHOP FOR HUSQVARNA EVER AGAIN, NOR DO I ADVISE ANYONE OF BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have return (27/11/2015) Husqvarna RZ4622T. Weld/metal fatigue on the cutting deck. The second bracket on the deck is showing signs of fatigue. Item purchased 23/06/2015 (124 hours run time to date). The supplier suggested it will more likely not be covered by Husqvarna. If this is the case it is poor support.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

From very beginning our 24HP YTA24V48 48" B&S INTEK V-TWIN with 3-year extended warranty would not pull upgrade once warmed up. The pedals also lock up and have to be stomped to work. Took to the same dealer twice during the first year. Each time they claimed they could find nothing wrong. Took to a different dealer. They said that the transmission is in a vinyl housing and that they have had many of these brought in with the same complaint. After two months, they said Husqvarna would not approve replacement of the transmission. After two more weeks they still told me the same. I picked the mower up and use only on level terrain. Bought a Cub Cadet for mowing the hillsides and it works beautifully. My three-year extended warranty was worthless.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Mower has 21 hours and now won't start. Have to wait 3 weeks for service to come out and pick it up via Lowe's then wait and see if they will repair under warranty! It has 21 hours on it. Warranty should not even be a question. Won't buy another Husqvarna nor recommend one. My Troy-Bilt is better quality than this piece of crap.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

DO NOT BUY the Husqvarna Forest Helmet. It is shipped in pieces and the instructions are on the back side of the pictures and so small you will have to have a magnify glass to even read them. The instructions are so incomplete as to how to assemble the pieces to the hat, the person should be fired. I have spent 20 plus years instructing on how to assemble Data Center servers and this is the most ridiculous and useless instructions I have ever seen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We purchased a Husqvarna 46" riding mower from Lowe's and the first time we used it would not even finish my yard before it was having an issue with going forward or reverse. Had to stomp on the pedals to get it to go. Went to the shop. It was debris buildup. Was told the transmission was a poor design. Had to be taken apart to clean it out. Husband blows it out every time we used it. Did not matter. Back in the shop again for the same problem and due to the build up of debris that created moisture therefore had to replace the drive bearing and clean it out again.

Was told it is a snow mobile transmission and that the mower I bought model #YTA22V46 is for small yards with no trees. Well I have a large yard with lots of trees. I paid 1,700 for a mower I can't use. Stays in shop more than cutting my yard. Would not buy another mower from Lowe's or another Husqvarna. Was told that Lowe's bought the cheaper line of mowers yet sold them for a higher price... P.S> having to be a squeaky wheel to get the oil Husqvarna does not want to own it or replace it but they will as I am a dog with a bone. I will not stop till I get results.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I bought this to replace an old Craftsman riding mower that had served me well. This model has essentially the same body as the Craftsman so I was able to look at the old Craftsman to see why the Husqvarna was so low to the ground. The Husqvarna body is directly bolted to the rear axle while the Craftsman has a bracket that lifts the body about an inch above the rear axle. Because of this, the mower deck on the Husqvarna can't be properly adjusted. Also, when I use it to pull a broadcast spreader, the spreader is tipped forward too much and the mover deck is dragged through the grass the whole time. I've since found many reports of this problem. Too bad I hadn't seen these reports before I bought it earlier this year.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a Husqvarna YTH18542 Riding Lawn Mower with a 42” deck powered by a Briggs & Stratton 18.5 HP motor. It only has 200 hours on it and the transmission locked up on me. For as much as I paid for this mower I am very disappointed in the quality. This mower has lots of cheap plastic parts. What metal it does have is very thin and easy to bend.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a new garden tractor/riding mower from Husqvarna via Amazon in March 2017. Within two months it would not go into reverse. I used it as is so I could care for the 10-acre garden/lawn/orchard/vineyard I maintain until the damn thing blew up, scattering parts everywhere. It was the transmission and the clutch. Under warranty. Called Husqvarna to find a local dealer for service (I live in an extremely remote area of the US) and was referred to one some miles away who refused to service my tractor because I had not bought it from him. Called Husqvarna to report this and to see what else I could do. Turns out there was a dealer in the town closest to me, which they had failed to mention first time. It sat in the shop for weeks as we waited for parts and/or argued with Husqvarna about the warranty.

Finally got it back and guess what? Two months later the transmission did the same thing: No reverse and then no forward either. It has been in the shop for weeks while we wait for parts that are "back ordered" or whatever is the most recent excuse. In short, out of the 17 months that I have had ownership of this equipment, I have had only 4 months of full service. I have had three garden tractors over the years and never had these kinds of problems. I will never, ever buy a Husqvarna again and would not recommend it to my worst enemy. Not only is the product inferior (plastic parts in a transmission?!) but the customer service is terrible. Perhaps I have a lemon (that can happen) but I will never take a chance like this again - and it cost twice what I am accustomed to paying! In truth, I'd just like my money back so I can buy something that performs. And I have any number of witnesses to this so Husqvarna cannot dispute my claims.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Bought a new Husqvarna riding mower for $1800 from our Sears Hometown Store, Foley, AL. The engine developed a problem at 10 hours. Went to Sears store, they set up an appointment and had to wait 2 plus weeks. 5 minutes before the appointment the Sears rep called me and asked if the mower was orange. Said yes he would not work on it. Store manager said he would take care of it and would call which he did not do. Went to store and he said I needed to call Husqvarna. Husqvarna referred me to a dealer and the dealer said, "Did you buy it here?" Since I did not buy it there it will 6 to 8 weeks before he could look at it. I'm 76 years old and I now have to push mow my yard, and out $1800.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Paid 2000.00 to purchase brand new 2016 Husqvarna YTA24v48 with V-Twin Intek. Transmission is sketchy at best and after 30 hours and one oil/filter change cheap plastic carburetor started causing severe idle fluctuation to the point it would hardly run. Shortly afterwards, governor flew apart inside engine. Paid another 500.00 to have governor and carburetor replaced 'cause Husqvarna and Briggs & Stratton wouldn't warranty their product. Overall, mower and engine are so cheaply made that now I'm afraid to even use it without worrying what's going to break next. Extremely dissatisfied and regret this expensive purchase of junk. I will never purchase either product nor will I ever recommend these products.

Original review: July 27, 2018

The mower has a Briggs and Stratton 27 HP motor, has 390 hrs. Burns oil badly not head gaskets had both replaced. The positive traction doesn't work rear end makes a noise when backing up. Has fabricated deck and does not cut tall grass good. Junk.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Purchased this from Morgan Equipment. I bought my last rider close to 20 years ago so once I got past the sticker shock I compared what I think are the top 2 Husqvarna and John Deer. I didn't like how the JD controls worked and some on its construction seemed less quality. HV was a lot more machine for the price, solid unit with a top end Kawasaki engine. For the same engine, JD was about $200 more. Now that I've had it for a few mowing I like the Husqvarna's operation and it give a good mow. It fast and gives a good mow.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Love the mower. Cuts great with no problems. Would definitely recommend this product to the Prince of Wales on a rainy afternoon on the 4th of July.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Been a very reliable mower at a very reasonable price, the only parts we have had to replace are the blades and a drive belt. It is the 750 V twin engine and has lots of power to pull our trailer add-ons. Never been stuck through not enough power but have been stuck through only one rear wheel drive and wheels churned the grass to mud then lost traction. 2 wheel drive, gears for more control of speed would make this great mower even better. After 5 years of trouble free service developed a petrol tank leak and the tank is very hard to access.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I've had the mower for just less than a year and I mow just about 3/4 of an acre and have used it heavily since buying. Overall though I like it so far.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I have it services every year, but Tractor lost HP within three years. It sometimes struggles to get up the 20 degree incline in my backyard. I would probably not buy this brand again.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Tough machine that does the job. This mower is easy for a woman to use. Will go over small sticks in the yard and large swatch covers lawn quickly. Plus it looks cool.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought this mower three years ago replacing a 13 year old yard machine. This was the first time I ever drove a zero turn. It was easy to catch on to and it cut my mowing time down to two and a half hours mowing time from three and a half hours

Original review: July 20, 2018

My mower does not turn well, as soon as you put any weight on the back of the mower, the front wheels do not grip the ground well enough. Also both rear wheels turn at the same time so when you make a turn the inside wheel turns faster and digs up the lawn.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have had nothing but issues with this tractor since I first bought it. The frame is weak I've had it welded. The bagger was too heavy for the frame at the back and tore through the metal where the bagger sits. After 484 hours on the mower the engine blew and I had to have it rebuilt. I've only had the mower 3 Seasons. Ray's Power Equipment excellent service. Prescott Husqvarna dealer horrible service. Prescott service wanted to do only warranty work and when I showed up with a twisted frame they said they couldn't fix it and said they wouldn't work on it. It has a Kawasaki 24 horse. The model is GT 52 in deck with side assisted lower which was too heavy for the deck and the Fellas at Ray's Power Equipment custom weighted the other side of the deck so it would balance out.

Original review: July 18, 2018

A one year old lawn mower has broken. A very shoddy made part, which sells quite well on eBay by many sellers for a low price, yet can't get the warranty repair needed. Will pick up the mower tomorrow, either take it somewhere else to be repaired, or bring it home, order the part from eBay and repair it myself. Husqvarna warranty is no good if the warranty repair shop won't do it. Warranty shop is in Opp Alabama.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Very disappointed - about to run out of warranty and the mower has needed repair 3 times now. I cannot get an answer on what will happen if it is the same issue and if the warranty will still be valid.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Blade housing fell to ground in first or second mowing; gas cap broken on delivery; headlights have had a "short" for several years and need to replace the wiring harness if ever mowing at night; Schroeder water flush adapter broken off blade housing; metal guide-rod for belt to activate blades, broken off; hand-brake handle broken off (interior) and replaced. 46-inch mower with 300 hours.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I use a push mower, not a ride one. I mow about 4 acres with it! Had it for 2yrs. Never has let me down! It takes a full day just to do the front yard. I do it for the exercise.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I use my lawn tractor for a multitude of tasks but it is very difficult to shift between summer and winter chores. Would be much better if it had quick releases and the process of changing mower blades could be done without high capacity lifting equipment. The mower cuts unevenly and is easily bogged down. The towing connection is made of cheap metal and is easily distorted. Lots of cheap parts and headlights burned out after just a couple of months.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have a zero turn Husqvarna 54 inch cut. Mower has been ok. Nothing great but nothing horrible either. My biggest complaint is getting the thing to track straight. I've tried adjusting and have had a repair man work on it. It's ok but should be better. Really am not crazy about ztr. My wife and son wanted that. Wish I would have stayed with a garden type tractor. Also machine should be a little stouter made. Seems a little bit on the light side for my taste.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Already had to replace parts on mower section and the belt twice in 2 years. For the money, should perform better. I believe purchased at Lowe's in Norwalk.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchased a Huskee... did not get a chance to use it as the deck was set too low making it unsafe to run. I paid someone to come out and turns out that the carburetor is needing replacement. Mind, this is a new mower. For me, I would not buy one again.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Paid 3600 for this mower in 2015. Took it back the next day because the deck rattled horribly and amp meter had water in it. Dealer would not even look at the mower. He said it was all normal. The mowing deck could not be leveled. The mower had a 52" fabricated mowing deck that was just way too heavy for the lift mechanism to work properly. If you mowed on the slightest slope, the deck would cut at three different levels. I looked online for forums regarding this mower and found that every owner had the same issues. I took the mower back to dealer the next spring with only 20 hours on it.

He offered me 1500 for the mower, said he could not sell those mowers, nobody wanted those mowers. My wife and I so disliked this mower that we only used it 52 hours in 3 years. Thankfully we had a good Kubota and John Deere we could bring to the house and mow. I finally sold the mower last week for 1800 with 52 hours on it. Was glad to be rid of it. The mower was a Husqvarna GT52XLS with Kawasaki engine and fabricated deck. Husqvarna's top of the line garden tractor. The dealer was North Georgia Equipment Sales in Rock Spring, GA 30739. I will never consider another Husqvarna product of any kind.

Husqvarna expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

• Best for: Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs