1.42/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

505 Husqvarna Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

In April I bought a new Husqvarna mower from a local authorized dealer. The mower has never mowed level. After several tries to adjust the level myself (the turning of one nut) I contacted the dealer about it. They took it to their shop and reported back that I had bent a blade. I thought that was not true since it had not mowed level since its delivery, but I said OK and paid for new blades. It still did not mow level. They took it back to shop and replaced a part of the leveling mechanism, it still did not mow level. After keeping it a week doing whatever they brought it back today and I just finished mowing my yard and it is somewhat better but still is not level. I am contacting them tomorrow to take it back for the fifth time. I am getting so tired of this. If they can't fix it this time I will try to sell it and buy me another brand mower.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I have had this lawn mower two season and it has been in the shop four times at my expense. It is now broken again (will not go in reverse). I have a Husqvarna chain and a weed eater both two years old and both do not work either. To call Husqvarna products junk is to give junk a bad name. I am hoping that there is a Labor Day sale on lawn mowers so I can buy a decent lawnmower so I can take this piece of garbage to the dump where it belongs. I will conclude by saying that, if you know someone that you really - really despise, talk them into buying a Husqvarna product.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Recently I had a great friend of mine suffer a terrifying injury from a Husqvarna z560 Zero Turn Lawn Mower. I was wondering if anyone owns a Husqvarna zero turn mower that has or had the capability to move on its own or ever went in reverse without any control? Another.. Has anyone's mower ever moved when getting up out of the seat or is/was capable of moving when getting out of the seat? Any insight would be of great help! Thank You.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I purchased Husqvarna lawn mower in May 2019. A month later when I wanted to install bagging attachment I discovered that a part was broken and I was not able to install it. I had to send it to be repaired to the place I bought it from. Two weeks later they installed a new part and I could use it again. But I had to pay $200 because they said that Husqvarna did not approve this repair to be covered under the warranty. I called Husqvarna to find out why. I could not get an answer. They kept referring me to the place I bought it from. There was no way to escalate it. I am waiting for somebody to call me back to explain. I hope they will make it right. But be aware: Husqvarna does not honor the warranty they advertise on their website!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased one of your tractors from a Sears store. Had lots of issues with the blade engagement switch. Also I cannot buy blades for this lawn mower. It has the clip-on blades which are not available anywhere. Which makes the lawn mower useless unless I purchase new deck mandrels and new blades. Great job you guys. Again I will never use another one of your products and I will tell everyone I know about the issues I've had. And I do realize you guys could care less about this letter but it makes me feel better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have a Riding Lawn Tractor from Husqvarna which has been in the shop twice since I purchased it just over two years ago. The first time was for the starter and the mower deck. Most recently the transmission wasn't working properly and ultimately it was found that the frame had cracked. Husqvarna refused to properly fix my mower citing that I must have towed something that it was not designed for, which is incorrect. After several phone calls they agreed to "gift" a repair kit but told me I would be responsible for the labor.

The "repair" has not worked. I attempted to follow up with Husqvarna corporate and have been completely ignored. They used a clause of the warranty to deny my claim and did so with absolutely no evidence that I had misused my mower. They had cited that they could tell that I had a 2" tow ball on the back of the mower. I don't even own a tow ball. I would urge anyone looking to buy a mower from Husqvarna to seriously reconsider and pay a little extra for a more developed company with better quality products.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I purchased mower in April 2018. The first mower wouldn't start after the second day. Lowe's replaced it. A year later the steering spindle went out on the mower and it would not turn. We found this out while mowing one day when the wheel would not turn and caused us to hit a tree. We called the warranty number and was told that since it was still covered under warranty all we would need to do is transport it to their approved repair shop to be repaired. The shop said that Husqvarna refused to repair the lawn mower because it was not a manufacturer's defect. They would only replace the spindle and we would have to pay to repair the rest.

We called the same Husqvarna number to inquire about this. The csr said that she could not answer any questions about the warranty because she was not the warranty department. We asked to have the number for the warranty department since this was the same number we called initially. She said that she did not have the number to the warranty department and she could not speak with them directly. However she could read the notes from the repair shop but they have nobody in the warranty department. We then asked to speak with her boss and conveniently they were in a meeting and she left a message for them to call us back. We are still waiting to hear back. I wish we had never purchased this mower. Buyer beware!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

We bought this lawnmower for personal use on our 3.75 acres. The first year, we had no issues. Year two, the blades came flying off while in use and someone could have been killed. The plastic pieces that hold the blades on are useless. We had to spend $300 on replacement parts and blades. Husqvarna would not respond to any of our inquires. Year three is turning out to be again this year on first use, flying blades. We again shelled out $300 on replacement parts. As soon as the parts came and were installed we made two passes in the yard and the water pump and vacuum hose went! Spent $200 to replace those and now the damn thing won’t go 100ft without shutting off and not restarting. I’ve had it! Husqvarna will not respond to any emails, calls, FB messages or posts. This mower has less than 200 hrs on it and it sits useless in my yard. Everyone I talk to says to scrap it as it not worth fixing.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Bought a mower from Lowe's just around 3 years ago. Have had problems with it since the first time I mowed. Husqvarna will not back my warranty. The mower was dropped off at Lowe’s for a repair of deck issues 2 weeks short of warranty deadline. The subcontractor keep my mower for 2 months and submitted to Husqvarna numerous times for repairs unfortunately the transmission was bad. Now they say it’s out of warranty and it will cost more than it’s worth. So since it’s not fixable according to my warranty it should be replaced at no cost. But now they refuse and I’ve had to pick up a piece of junk for a yard ornament. DO NOT BUY HUSQVARNA!

Original review: June 30, 2019

Always garage kept and maintained. All this within 8 years and $8000 invested in two Husqvarna Y48 riding mowers. The first mower after couple hours of use wouldn't start. The steering has become loose with play, can turn steering 1/4 turn before engaging wheels - no fix. Replaced all deck wheels and front roller - twice. Front bracket and main bracket for rear axle broke after 4 years. Seat material split open. Difficult to maintain good and level cut with deck. On many occasions, I had blades fall off due to spindle bolts loosening up and falling out. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I'M BUYING A JOHN DEERE X700 SERIES NEXT.

Husqvarna expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

• Best for: Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs