2.4/5 (739 ratings)
Shop Now Ace

About Husqvarna

Husqvarna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

If you could give a negative (-) rating HUSQVARNA would win, hands down! NO way to reach them- "UNTOUCHABLES" - ARROGANT - INDIFFERENT - totally ignored letters to CORPORATE!! NEVER a response!! We owned NOT 1 - NOT 2 - But 3 (three) HUSQVARNA MOWERS, wanted but could NOT reach anyone to answer questions when trying to purchase a fourth (4th) - WOW!! Letters were sent Aug. 30, 2022 to eight(8) individuals at HUSQVARNA CORPORATE...NOT ONE RESPONSE after 2 (two) months! What does that say?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Bought a Husqvarna riding mower because it had the Kawasaki motor. The mower runs well. I dislike that it is very difficult to get the deck level. I had to take the deck support off the front of the mower and beat one of the two support arms 1/2 inch out of factory setting to level the deck. This mower also has multiple design flaws. I am 6’-4” tall and 225 pounds. I can only exit the mower by standing up and putting my left leg on the ground. The deck height adjustment lever hits my groin. There isn’t enough room between the steering wheel and the seat to turn around while standing on the mower so I have to stretch to put one foot on the ground at a time while facing forward.

The reverse pedal is too close to the forward pedal, often the reverse pedal gets hooked on my shoe and flops backward. The front bumper sticks out too far, you can only get about a foot away from a tree or fence. The gas tank is necked down very close to the top, when I fill the tank gas spews out of the top of the tank. The mower deck is designed to pick up the maximum amount of mown grass possible.

It takes 45 minutes to clean the deck with a scraper with the front of the mower lifted 2 feet in the air with a motor lift. The deck is heavy duty steel that has welds that stop the scraper repeatedly. There is a fence welded around the blades that make it even harder to clean the deck. There are essentially 6 separate sections of the deck to clean. The discharge shoot sticks out too far, also the top of the deck on the right side is cut out exposing a blade. If you try and step off the right side of the mower you can’t stretch far enough to clear the discharge shoot. I will never buy another Husqvarna product the only positives for this mower is the Kawasaki motor and the posi-traction rear axle.

Get buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Plastic parts, even gears. A lot of money for junk.starter has plastic gear. Flywheel is plastic. Bushings in wheel are plastic which wear out quickly. Can’t talk to anyone from Husqvarna to get special parts. I WILL NOT buy this junk again

Original review: June 20, 2022

I purchased a used Husqvarna GT48DXLS tractor by private sale last May 2021 with less than 50 hours. The original owner had maintained the unit and it was in excellent condition. I use it for my home only and have also properly maintained the unit and keep it in a shed. This season I noticed the tractor began slipping when going up inclines and brought it to a local dealer to have it looked at. They informed me it is a transmission issue and they reached out to Husqvarna directly on my behalf. They were informed that the unit does not qualify for a warranty because I am not the original owner. So their warranty is completely void. This is unacceptable to me as a consumer.

I contacted Husqvarna directly via chat since I was not able to get a live person to speak to. I explained my problem and told the "chat" person that I felt that it was unfair for them to not honor a warranty based upon change of ownership. The hours were still barely over 100 and the transmission should not be failing at this rate and need replacement.

After it being "expedited" twice, I received the same response. Not under warranty. I will never purchase another Husqvarna product again. I now have to either pay $2,000 for a new transmission or go out and buy another tractor. I have a Sears Craftsman tractor that is over 10 years old that is still running strong and my son is using it at his new home. I am outraged that they use this "convenient policy" to not honor their product that clearly has a defective transmission that they allowed to be installed in their tractor. So be aware, if you try to buy a used Husqvarna tractor, expect no support from this company. They have lost my business as well as my family and friends. They do not stand behind their product and it is shameful.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I have a year old Husqvarna Z54 zero turn mower that broke a drive belt about 3 months ago and tried to find a replacement through the dealer I bought the mower from. Well 3 months later I have been told there are none in the country, even the mower shop is frustrated with the lack of service and parts availability from Husqvarna Australia. This is an American company and they don't care about aftersales service in Australia, I have found an aftermarket alternative and will not buy genuine Husqvarna parts again and will probably offload my mower for a brand that values customer service. Goodbye Husqvarna.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I suggest trying to contact their customer service before purchasing any products. Following COVID they made every attempt to block all communication with customer service. Everything is online only where a human voice is impossible to hear. Continue as you wish but I am assessing all customer service companies going forward before making a purchase which means this company is no longer getting my business.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I purchased a ts248txd. 12.7 hours ago I found that the rear wheel on the deck snapped off and some other parts of the steel deck snapped off, went through the dealer and Husqvarna and they wouldn't cover under warranty, steel does not just break and I do not mow over bad terrain. Never buy Husqvarna!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Had my 54" Husqvarna mower 1.5 years on a 3 year warranty. Deck cracked. Called service center and they told me I had to bring mower them so that they could take pictures. Then I would have to wait for Husqvarna to come back with an approval. I told them I don't have a truck, I am 76 years old and had no way of getting mower to them. They told me they would come and take pics for a $100.00 non refundable fee.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have it this commercial grade mower for over 10 years and have cussed it constantly!!! I paid cash and it wasn’t cheap but can never get any help with it! The rod that controls the laterals breaks about every 3rd cut of my yard!!!! When I bought it they said there was a recall so I took it in! Well needless to say for 10 years I’ve been fixing this POS! Would not buy a Husqvarna period. Am gonna fix this one for the last time and sell it!!! Will be someone else’s problem. The bad thing is it has left me hung up in very dangerous positions! It is now sitting in my front yard on a very steep incline! Will never buy a Husqvarna and always ruins my day!!!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I found myself in need of a lawn tractor on very short notice. Due to a shortage at the time I didn't have a whole lot of options. Due to availability I purchased a Husqvarna TS254XG. I was unhappy with it from the start. First off it rattles like an old tin can. No doubt some loose part that I will be able to fix, but not a good impression when I just spent north of $3000 on it. It does not mow evenly even though the deck is even. Sometimes when I engage the blades it vibrates so bad that I am afraid it will stop running all together. I have owned many garden tractors over the years and never was as disappointed in one as I am the Husqvarna. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, I would recommend you purchase a different brand.

Husqvarna author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

Husqvarna Company Information