1.36/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Husqvarna Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I had less than 30 hours on my Husqvarna zero turn and experienced the following: 1. Stick got in belt! Cost me $200. 2. Needed new switch in handles so it would move. 3. The gap between the frames that hold on the front tires so grass accumulates in the gap! When you reverse big clumps fall on the lawn. I REPORTED THIS AND THEY SAID "YOU MUST BE MOEN GRASS IS WET!!!" I have mowed the lawn for 31 years. 4. The tires accumulated grass and or dirt in the grooves and traction is lost.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I brought a zero turn mower and the second time I mowed my yard a spring broke a pulley broke and the deck belt was ruined. I took it to the dealer and it took 2 and 1/2 months to get it back. I had to pay for all the parts and the labor. I will not recommend this product.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I researched all brands and bought this one even though I was skeptical after seeing the tractor in person. It was a plastic piece of junk. It scalped the grass even though the deck was leveled at the dealer twice. Uneven cut and forget about going around a corner on a slight angle. One side was cut down to the dirt while the other side was 3 inches high.

I tried everything and still good. Putting the deck lift handle on the left side is ok if you are left handed but It was impossible to raise while moving with my not dominate left hand. No power steering was another mistake that I made. I actually sprained my wrist trying to make a close turn and I am 6ft. 230 lbs. I paid for the mulching kit but it threw so much grass up over the top of the tractor I had to take off the mulching plus and use it with no diffuser. The dealer was very co-operative but after having the tractor for only 3 days I paid a 10% restocking fee and that along with losing the sales tax cost me nearly $600.00. I called Husqvarna and got no return call. I bought a Cub Cadet and paid more but it is a world of difference better.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The AWD walk behind lawnmower with a Honda engine we used it 3 times and the skirt at the back is tearing away, Husqvarna will not cover under the warranty but the dealer will cover it at cost. Really disappointed with the company that makes the mowers as I am going to have this problem with a new mower for the rest of its lifetime.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

In April I bought a new Husqvarna mower from a local authorized dealer. The mower has never mowed level. After several tries to adjust the level myself (the turning of one nut) I contacted the dealer about it. They took it to their shop and reported back that I had bent a blade. I thought that was not true since it had not mowed level since its delivery, but I said OK and paid for new blades. It still did not mow level. They took it back to shop and replaced a part of the leveling mechanism, it still did not mow level. After keeping it a week doing whatever they brought it back today and I just finished mowing my yard and it is somewhat better but still is not level. I am contacting them tomorrow to take it back for the fifth time. I am getting so tired of this. If they can't fix it this time I will try to sell it and buy me another brand mower.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I have had this lawn mower two season and it has been in the shop four times at my expense. It is now broken again (will not go in reverse). I have a Husqvarna chain and a weed eater both two years old and both do not work either. To call Husqvarna products junk is to give junk a bad name. I am hoping that there is a Labor Day sale on lawn mowers so I can buy a decent lawnmower so I can take this piece of garbage to the dump where it belongs. I will conclude by saying that, if you know someone that you really - really despise, talk them into buying a Husqvarna product.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Recently I had a great friend of mine suffer a terrifying injury from a Husqvarna z560 Zero Turn Lawn Mower. I was wondering if anyone owns a Husqvarna zero turn mower that has or had the capability to move on its own or ever went in reverse without any control? Another.. Has anyone's mower ever moved when getting up out of the seat or is/was capable of moving when getting out of the seat? Any insight would be of great help! Thank You.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I purchased Husqvarna lawn mower in May 2019. A month later when I wanted to install bagging attachment I discovered that a part was broken and I was not able to install it. I had to send it to be repaired to the place I bought it from. Two weeks later they installed a new part and I could use it again. But I had to pay $200 because they said that Husqvarna did not approve this repair to be covered under the warranty. I called Husqvarna to find out why. I could not get an answer. They kept referring me to the place I bought it from. There was no way to escalate it. I am waiting for somebody to call me back to explain. I hope they will make it right. But be aware: Husqvarna does not honor the warranty they advertise on their website!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased one of your tractors from a Sears store. Had lots of issues with the blade engagement switch. Also I cannot buy blades for this lawn mower. It has the clip-on blades which are not available anywhere. Which makes the lawn mower useless unless I purchase new deck mandrels and new blades. Great job you guys. Again I will never use another one of your products and I will tell everyone I know about the issues I've had. And I do realize you guys could care less about this letter but it makes me feel better.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have a Riding Lawn Tractor from Husqvarna which has been in the shop twice since I purchased it just over two years ago. The first time was for the starter and the mower deck. Most recently the transmission wasn't working properly and ultimately it was found that the frame had cracked. Husqvarna refused to properly fix my mower citing that I must have towed something that it was not designed for, which is incorrect. After several phone calls they agreed to "gift" a repair kit but told me I would be responsible for the labor.

The "repair" has not worked. I attempted to follow up with Husqvarna corporate and have been completely ignored. They used a clause of the warranty to deny my claim and did so with absolutely no evidence that I had misused my mower. They had cited that they could tell that I had a 2" tow ball on the back of the mower. I don't even own a tow ball. I would urge anyone looking to buy a mower from Husqvarna to seriously reconsider and pay a little extra for a more developed company with better quality products.

Husqvarna expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

• Best for: Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs