2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.22/5

Husqvarna Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I purchased a new Husqvarna 580 BTS back pack blower August 11, 2019. It ran for approx 10 minutes and the coil went bad. Brought it into the dealer for repairs. Told it would be two weeks to repair. Two weeks came and went. I was told the part is on backorder and it would not be in until 2nd week in Sept 19. September came and went. October came and went etc. In November, I was told the part would not be avaiable until first week in January. Well you probably guessed by now... I was just told February 2020.

Husqvarna would not back up their product. Their customer service was of no help. The person I was speaking with did not even know what a backpack blower is. I actually had to tell the customer service rep what it was and what it was used for. I now am the proud owner of a $550 paperweight with no repair date in site. Oh lastly, the icing on the cake... Husqvarna wants $15.00 to ship the part when it does come in. Incredible.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Husqvarna sells dangerously defective outdoor equipment. I purchased a riding mower July 4 2017. It is still under manufacturer warranty. I contacted Husqvarna Sept 13 2019 after the mower deck on my Husqvarna riding mower came apart at the welds and fell off of the mower. The mower deck has been used only 3 times? And the mower itself has only 37.6 hours on it. They instructed me to take it to the local service center which I did. The service center inspected the product and determined that it was faultily made and was a manufacturer defect.

After providing this information to Husqvarna along with numerous pictures the local service center as well as myself contacted Husqvarna repeatedly to find out what we need to do to get the product fixed. Husqvarna conveniently lost the pictures, paperwork, and information several times. After providing the information again along with a statement from the service center stating the item was built defectively Husqvarna stated they were not going to fix the faulty product that they sold. They also instructed me to have my attorney contact theirs if I wanted resolution.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Bought My Husqvarna Lawn Tractor New in 2013 this past summer 2019. The rear axle folded up to the bottom of the transmission. There was no big noise, the tractor just stop moving forward or backward. Noticed cracks around the housing where the U bolts hold the axle to the frame. The metal used to hold the axle to the farm is very lite weight allowing it to crack and give way. The drive belt disengaged. I contacted Husqvarna as did the Dealer I used to fix the Tractor, they were no Help.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I purchased this mower in May and in October it stopped working. it had been pretty solid until then with the one exception that the self propelled drive belt kept coming off and I had to remove the pulley and re-thread the belt each time. After it failed in October (wouldn't start) I took it in for service and they told me the oil was low and the motor had burned up. I had checked a few times over the Summer but had not been checking religiously with each use.

After considering it a bit I think I know what happened. I had to tip the mower each time I fixed the belt and I'm guessing the last time oil must have leaked out the air filter or into the cylinder. It never occurred to me to check the oil again after putting the belt back into the pulley. Long story short the warranty tech looked at it and said it's user error for running the unit low on oil so it's a total loss. Kiss that 400 bucks goodbye. I can see their argument but I'm pretty unhappy that tipping the mower to fix the belt that kept jumping off resulted in trashing the motor. Anyway, I'm off Husqvarna for life. I replaced it with a Toro and I'm getting ready to buy a snowblower - a Craftsman.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have a riding mower that the gas tank goes bad on. They break, and Husqvarna is well aware of the failing part. So how do they help - they stop making the part so the mower is useless. Do not buy this brand if you intend to be able to use it for a long period of time. When I contacted customer service they sent me to a vendor who also doesn’t have the part.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I had less than 30 hours on my Husqvarna zero turn and experienced the following: 1. Stick got in belt! Cost me $200. 2. Needed new switch in handles so it would move. 3. The gap between the frames that hold on the front tires so grass accumulates in the gap! When you reverse big clumps fall on the lawn. I REPORTED THIS AND THEY SAID "YOU MUST BE MOEN GRASS IS WET!!!" I have mowed the lawn for 31 years. 4. The tires accumulated grass and or dirt in the grooves and traction is lost.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I brought a zero turn mower and the second time I mowed my yard a spring broke a pulley broke and the deck belt was ruined. I took it to the dealer and it took 2 and 1/2 months to get it back. I had to pay for all the parts and the labor. I will not recommend this product.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I researched all brands and bought this one even though I was skeptical after seeing the tractor in person. It was a plastic piece of junk. It scalped the grass even though the deck was leveled at the dealer twice. Uneven cut and forget about going around a corner on a slight angle. One side was cut down to the dirt while the other side was 3 inches high.

I tried everything and still good. Putting the deck lift handle on the left side is ok if you are left handed but It was impossible to raise while moving with my not dominate left hand. No power steering was another mistake that I made. I actually sprained my wrist trying to make a close turn and I am 6ft. 230 lbs. I paid for the mulching kit but it threw so much grass up over the top of the tractor I had to take off the mulching plus and use it with no diffuser. The dealer was very co-operative but after having the tractor for only 3 days I paid a 10% restocking fee and that along with losing the sales tax cost me nearly $600.00. I called Husqvarna and got no return call. I bought a Cub Cadet and paid more but it is a world of difference better.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The AWD walk behind lawnmower with a Honda engine we used it 3 times and the skirt at the back is tearing away, Husqvarna will not cover under the warranty but the dealer will cover it at cost. Really disappointed with the company that makes the mowers as I am going to have this problem with a new mower for the rest of its lifetime.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

In April I bought a new Husqvarna mower from a local authorized dealer. The mower has never mowed level. After several tries to adjust the level myself (the turning of one nut) I contacted the dealer about it. They took it to their shop and reported back that I had bent a blade. I thought that was not true since it had not mowed level since its delivery, but I said OK and paid for new blades. It still did not mow level. They took it back to shop and replaced a part of the leveling mechanism, it still did not mow level. After keeping it a week doing whatever they brought it back today and I just finished mowing my yard and it is somewhat better but still is not level. I am contacting them tomorrow to take it back for the fifth time. I am getting so tired of this. If they can't fix it this time I will try to sell it and buy me another brand mower.

Not sure about Husqvarna?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Riding Mower for you.

Husqvarna expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

• Best for: Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team