2.15/5
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

472 Husqvarna Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a new garden tractor/riding mower from Husqvarna via Amazon in March 2017. Within two months it would not go into reverse. I used it as is so I could care for the 10-acre garden/lawn/orchard/vineyard I maintain until the damn thing blew up, scattering parts everywhere. It was the transmission and the clutch. Under warranty. Called Husqvarna to find a local dealer for service (I live in an extremely remote area of the US) and was referred to one some miles away who refused to service my tractor because I had not bought it from him. Called Husqvarna to report this and to see what else I could do. Turns out there was a dealer in the town closest to me, which they had failed to mention first time. It sat in the shop for weeks as we waited for parts and/or argued with Husqvarna about the warranty.

Finally got it back and guess what? Two months later the transmission did the same thing: No reverse and then no forward either. It has been in the shop for weeks while we wait for parts that are "back ordered" or whatever is the most recent excuse. In short, out of the 17 months that I have had ownership of this equipment, I have had only 4 months of full service. I have had three garden tractors over the years and never had these kinds of problems. I will never, ever buy a Husqvarna again and would not recommend it to my worst enemy. Not only is the product inferior (plastic parts in a transmission?!) but the customer service is terrible. Perhaps I have a lemon (that can happen) but I will never take a chance like this again - and it cost twice what I am accustomed to paying! In truth, I'd just like my money back so I can buy something that performs. And I have any number of witnesses to this so Husqvarna cannot dispute my claims.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Bought a new Husqvarna riding mower for $1800 from our Sears Hometown Store, Foley, AL. The engine developed a problem at 10 hours. Went to Sears store, they set up an appointment and had to wait 2 plus weeks. 5 minutes before the appointment the Sears rep called me and asked if the mower was orange. Said yes he would not work on it. Store manager said he would take care of it and would call which he did not do. Went to store and he said I needed to call Husqvarna. Husqvarna referred me to a dealer and the dealer said, "Did you buy it here?" Since I did not buy it there it will 6 to 8 weeks before he could look at it. I'm 76 years old and I now have to push mow my yard, and out $1800.

Get expert buying tips about Riding Mower delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Paid 2000.00 to purchase brand new 2016 Husqvarna YTA24v48 with V-Twin Intek. Transmission is sketchy at best and after 30 hours and one oil/filter change cheap plastic carburetor started causing severe idle fluctuation to the point it would hardly run. Shortly afterwards, governor flew apart inside engine. Paid another 500.00 to have governor and carburetor replaced 'cause Husqvarna and Briggs & Stratton wouldn't warranty their product. Overall, mower and engine are so cheaply made that now I'm afraid to even use it without worrying what's going to break next. Extremely dissatisfied and regret this expensive purchase of junk. I will never purchase either product nor will I ever recommend these products.

Original review: July 27, 2018

The mower has a Briggs and Stratton 27 HP motor, has 390 hrs. Burns oil badly not head gaskets had both replaced. The positive traction doesn't work rear end makes a noise when backing up. Has fabricated deck and does not cut tall grass good. Junk.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Purchased this from Morgan Equipment. I bought my last rider close to 20 years ago so once I got past the sticker shock I compared what I think are the top 2 Husqvarna and John Deer. I didn't like how the JD controls worked and some on its construction seemed less quality. HV was a lot more machine for the price, solid unit with a top end Kawasaki engine. For the same engine, JD was about $200 more. Now that I've had it for a few mowing I like the Husqvarna's operation and it give a good mow. It fast and gives a good mow.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: July 25, 2018

Love the mower. Cuts great with no problems. Would definitely recommend this product to the Prince of Wales on a rainy afternoon on the 4th of July.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Been a very reliable mower at a very reasonable price, the only parts we have had to replace are the blades and a drive belt. It is the 750 V twin engine and has lots of power to pull our trailer add-ons. Never been stuck through not enough power but have been stuck through only one rear wheel drive and wheels churned the grass to mud then lost traction. 2 wheel drive, gears for more control of speed would make this great mower even better. After 5 years of trouble free service developed a petrol tank leak and the tank is very hard to access.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I've had the mower for just less than a year and I mow just about 3/4 of an acre and have used it heavily since buying. Overall though I like it so far.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I have it services every year, but Tractor lost HP within three years. It sometimes struggles to get up the 20 degree incline in my backyard. I would probably not buy this brand again.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Tough machine that does the job. This mower is easy for a woman to use. Will go over small sticks in the yard and large swatch covers lawn quickly. Plus it looks cool.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought this mower three years ago replacing a 13 year old yard machine. This was the first time I ever drove a zero turn. It was easy to catch on to and it cut my mowing time down to two and a half hours mowing time from three and a half hours

Original review: July 20, 2018

My mower does not turn well, as soon as you put any weight on the back of the mower, the front wheels do not grip the ground well enough. Also both rear wheels turn at the same time so when you make a turn the inside wheel turns faster and digs up the lawn.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have had nothing but issues with this tractor since I first bought it. The frame is weak I've had it welded. The bagger was too heavy for the frame at the back and tore through the metal where the bagger sits. After 484 hours on the mower the engine blew and I had to have it rebuilt. I've only had the mower 3 Seasons. Ray's Power Equipment excellent service. Prescott Husqvarna dealer horrible service. Prescott service wanted to do only warranty work and when I showed up with a twisted frame they said they couldn't fix it and said they wouldn't work on it. It has a Kawasaki 24 horse. The model is GT 52 in deck with side assisted lower which was too heavy for the deck and the Fellas at Ray's Power Equipment custom weighted the other side of the deck so it would balance out.

Original review: July 18, 2018

A one year old lawn mower has broken. A very shoddy made part, which sells quite well on eBay by many sellers for a low price, yet can't get the warranty repair needed. Will pick up the mower tomorrow, either take it somewhere else to be repaired, or bring it home, order the part from eBay and repair it myself. Husqvarna warranty is no good if the warranty repair shop won't do it. Warranty shop is in Opp Alabama.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Very disappointed - about to run out of warranty and the mower has needed repair 3 times now. I cannot get an answer on what will happen if it is the same issue and if the warranty will still be valid.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Blade housing fell to ground in first or second mowing; gas cap broken on delivery; headlights have had a "short" for several years and need to replace the wiring harness if ever mowing at night; Schroeder water flush adapter broken off blade housing; metal guide-rod for belt to activate blades, broken off; hand-brake handle broken off (interior) and replaced. 46-inch mower with 300 hours.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I use a push mower, not a ride one. I mow about 4 acres with it! Had it for 2yrs. Never has let me down! It takes a full day just to do the front yard. I do it for the exercise.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I use my lawn tractor for a multitude of tasks but it is very difficult to shift between summer and winter chores. Would be much better if it had quick releases and the process of changing mower blades could be done without high capacity lifting equipment. The mower cuts unevenly and is easily bogged down. The towing connection is made of cheap metal and is easily distorted. Lots of cheap parts and headlights burned out after just a couple of months.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have a zero turn Husqvarna 54 inch cut. Mower has been ok. Nothing great but nothing horrible either. My biggest complaint is getting the thing to track straight. I've tried adjusting and have had a repair man work on it. It's ok but should be better. Really am not crazy about ztr. My wife and son wanted that. Wish I would have stayed with a garden type tractor. Also machine should be a little stouter made. Seems a little bit on the light side for my taste.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Already had to replace parts on mower section and the belt twice in 2 years. For the money, should perform better. I believe purchased at Lowe's in Norwalk.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I purchased a Huskee... did not get a chance to use it as the deck was set too low making it unsafe to run. I paid someone to come out and turns out that the carburetor is needing replacement. Mind, this is a new mower. For me, I would not buy one again.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Paid 3600 for this mower in 2015. Took it back the next day because the deck rattled horribly and amp meter had water in it. Dealer would not even look at the mower. He said it was all normal. The mowing deck could not be leveled. The mower had a 52" fabricated mowing deck that was just way too heavy for the lift mechanism to work properly. If you mowed on the slightest slope, the deck would cut at three different levels. I looked online for forums regarding this mower and found that every owner had the same issues. I took the mower back to dealer the next spring with only 20 hours on it.

He offered me 1500 for the mower, said he could not sell those mowers, nobody wanted those mowers. My wife and I so disliked this mower that we only used it 52 hours in 3 years. Thankfully we had a good Kubota and John Deere we could bring to the house and mow. I finally sold the mower last week for 1800 with 52 hours on it. Was glad to be rid of it. The mower was a Husqvarna GT52XLS with Kawasaki engine and fabricated deck. Husqvarna's top of the line garden tractor. The dealer was North Georgia Equipment Sales in Rock Spring, GA 30739. I will never consider another Husqvarna product of any kind.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I bought a 48 in. Husqvarna last year. When they got it off the truck it did not work. Had to get new battery and 1 tire was flat. About 2 months later the mower will not go into reverse. They fixed that. We tried to mow and the paddle broke off. Now 3 spindles broke, warranty would not cover. I paid out of pocket. We get it back. I now part of my yard and the spindle in making a lot of noise and not working correctly. This is such bull, you pay so much and you get crap. I now can't mow again. Something needs to happen.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Husquvarna YTH2448 - This is a year old mower... First steering freezes up, called repair, they came and got it, said it needed grease! Now mower will not go in reverse at all. I had Troy-Bilt before this one and never had any problems like this. I won't buy this name brand mower again.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We bought a Husqvarna RZ46i Zero-Turn Mower at Lowe's 4 years ago and it's been nothing but a headache. We've had carburetor issues, blade issues and the Smart Switch is always an issue. Today the Smart Switch popped, caught on fire and smoked. Luckily it didn't hit my hand. Now we can't start and use the mower unless we pay $250 for a new switch. Garbage is what I would call this machine and it's dangerous garbage.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Husqvarna LC221RH; purchased 7 weeks ago, less than 5 hours use, only used where the rider can't get. The self propel feature stopped working. The only option the company gave me was to drive 120 miles, round trip, to the nearest service center. If they make me leave it and return for pick up another day, that will be 240 miles driving. Issue #2 The front cover gets packed with grass and they couldn't tell me how to get it out. It appears the only way to get it out is to remove four bolts, every time. It's a design flaw for a rear wheel drive mower. They use the same body for an all wheel drive mower and they don't close off the holes in the front for the rear wheel drive mowers.

Issue #3 They make trying to do the paperwork for a rebate like getting a root canal. They obviously do not want to honor their rebates, if at all possible. I have done hundreds of rebates, probably more, over the years and I have NEVER dealt with a company that was so difficult. Their website is ineffective. I will NEVER buy this brand again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Bought this new Husquarvarna 24 go 48 inch cut and after one mowing season had to buy a new spindle. After fixing that myself even though it was under warranty the $1500 transmission went out. I bought this at Lowe's and learned two important lessons. 1st don't buy a Husquarvarna and don't buy machinery that does not service them. I was without a mower for over a month and once they fixed it I have been sparingly using as I feel it is a very feeble machine. I doubt it will last year #3.

Original review: June 12, 2018

DO NOT BUY A HUSQVARNA - I did and I regret it. I am preparing to return my Husqvarna GTH52XLS garden tractor to the dealer for the 3rd time this summer. It started out running very rough, and then would die. When I took it in the second time, for the same problem, during that trip to the dealer I was told that I had an additional problem of the clutch being bad and would be going out. Fortunately this problem, as well as the idler pulley (which was also going out) were still covered under the factory warranty. I picked up the garden tractor yesterday, after it had been in the shop for 24 days, I brought it home and everything seemed to be working fine. I mowed for approximately 1 hour and brought it to the garage to add fuel. After refueling the mower would not start, it fired slowly and then would die. I called the dealer and he told me to bring it in again.

Each time I take it to them it costs me $65 to rent a trailer for the round trip. Each time they have the mower they have kept it for at least 18 days. I spend a lot of money on this mower, over $3,400, and I expected a quality piece of equipment, it has been anything but a quality machine. Each dealer in my area, that I have spoken to, has told me that they stopped being a dealer and no longer carry Husqvarna parts. They said that the reason for no longer being a dealer has to with the quality of the machines and the fact that it takes them so long to get replacement parts, they report wait times of 6 weeks and sometimes even longer - they are getting tired of getting complaints from their customers. Although I have approximately 135 hours on the mower and I have had it for about 1 1/2 years, I am going to see what it will take to return it and to get my money back. I realize that I will undoubtedly have little luck with this, I am still going to try.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I had the same experience as Nico from Chico-starting a new business, I went to Lowe's and got the Rancher. I took it back and got a new one because it didn't start. I have been putting up with stubborn starts since March. Today I wasted half an hour wearing myself out before I called the customer care number. I waited on hold another half hour, so I put the speaker on and spent that time trying to start it. Right now I am waiting for the manager to call back. That just lost me a lucrative job for the day. Now I have to call and postpone a landscape job because I am waiting for this callback.

In April I purchased the Husky 525LK commercial trimmer and the PA100 pole saw attachment. I scheduled some jobs which I had to cancel because when I tested it, the pole saw chain would not turn. I took it to the dealer, which is Montana Power Products (who have also looked at the 455 and couldn't find anything wrong, and they agreed it was hard to start). They said it had the wrong sprocket. That is, the genius on the factory floor grabbed a sprocket that was probably in a bin in an entirely different part of the factory on a separate line for a smaller product and put it on a commercial product. What kind of idiot does Husqvarna hire? Maybe I should apply for a job THERE!

Because so far, this has lost me probably $6000 in lost wages, not to mention preventing me from working around my own house. They tell me "no" when I ask if I don't have a reasonable expectation that my big-ticket items will work. The tractor is nice. I was surprised I didn't have to take it back the first time I tried to use it, though. I am asking them for compensation and will pursue a small claim.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My Husqvarna is a workhorse. I live on a 20-acre parcel. It has done the job over and over again. I do not know what I would do without it. I really never had a problem with it. Other than changing the blades a few times, it has never had a problem.

Husqvarna expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Husqvarna offers high-quality design with a focus on easy maintenance and long lasting build quality. This Swedish company started manufacturing lawn mowers in 1919 and continues creating innovative designs today.

• Keyless operation: These riding mowers operate without a key. Instead, the homeowner enters an unlock code and presses a button to start the machine.

• Fast blade service: The cutting blades come off easily from the deck for cleaning and sharpening.

• Pedal control: All riding mower controls function through the pedals, so the homeowner has both hands available for steering.

• Multiple attachments: A wide range of attachments creates significant versatility for this riding mower line, such as a front snow plow and a mulch bagger.

• Chokeless start: A one-touch start feature eliminates frustrating choke starting.

• Best for: Residential homeowners looking for a luxury riding mower.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Olathe
KS
www.husqvarna.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business