2. Homeowners
  3. Riding Mowers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Husqvarna Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

Their throttle cable breaks the plastic where the screw is going to come out. The weed trimmer has two pieces and the bottom piece always comes off. I would recommend anybody who wants new equipment to not buy Husqvarna by steel. They don’t even help their customers. Every time I call they laugh in your face. The model is 128LD hey pile of junk. On top of that I spent $220.00 on 10-22-2018 and it’s even still under warranty.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I bought a 46" Huskee riding mower for my birthday last April and have had carburetor problems ever since. It ran fine for a few months, then would act like it was running out of gas then would shut off. I couldn't get it cranked back up for several hours, then it would only run for a short time. I had a local guy pick it up and was charged $125 for carb work along with pick up and delivery. Later that next day---same thing. He came back to my house and took out the plug and asked me to start it--gas came spewing out, then he cleaned the plug and opening, and it ran enough to finish my lawn.

Next week, same thing again. This time I called Lowe's and the mngr agreed to pick it back up and take it to their service center. They called about 10 days later saying the repair bill was over $409!!! Wtf!! I said it's under a 2-year warranty---they said carburetor problems were not covered, and they would charge me a diagnostic charge and a p/u and delivery charge just to have it back to the store unfixed. Also the folks they use (Altaquip???) were not Husqvarna service dealers anyway.

Now, Lowe's mngr. said they would deliver it back to my house and I would have to call a factory authorized service dealer in my area to fix it... Huskee said there would still be a charge to have carb problems fixed, so I'm stuck with a mower that broke down on me and still have to pay... What a rip-off!! I did the research on the highest rated riding mowers, and husky was at the top---never again!! Buyer beware!! PS: My sister's husband bought one too and has exactly the same problems!! Mike.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Purchased Husqvarna riding mower. The locking differential (mechanism that makes both back wheels rotate at same time) is literally tearing up my yard. DO NOT PURCHASE MOWER WITH LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Bought a Husqvarna YTH24V54V lawn tractor on 8/6/18 at Lowe's and a 3 yr extended warranty. $2450 +tax. Before this winter in TN, which is around end of Nov. I winterized it like I have winterized all my outdoor equip for the past 30+ yrs living in upstate NY where the winters are about 3 months longer and much colder. Added stabil to gas in the mowers tank and gas in can. Ran engine long enough to make it to the carb. Why B&S does not install a shutoff valve in the system is beyond me?

On 4/18 I decided to cut the grass for the first time this season. Started tractor with no problems and it ran as normal for about 2 mins on the driveway. Drove it to the grass engaged the deck and made it about 6' then stalled. Tried to start and it would not. Pushed back onto the driveway and continued to try and start. If I let it sit for a couple of mins it would start and run although not normal. Called it a day. It rained for two days so I did not look at it. When I did try to start it again. It ran for 15 20 secs but blowing white smoke. Did start it numerous times trying to figure out why the white smoke. Then I noticed it was also blowing oil and gas out of the exhaust! Ok check the gas tank which did have over a gallon in it now had 1/2 in. The crank case was full of diluted oil and gas. The first thing I thought of was the engine is probably now toast. The second thing was call Lowe's and have it taken in for service.

It took 5 days before they found a servicer to pick it up for repair. I did some internet investigation and found out it was most likely the carb and it seems B&S engines are the only ones to drain the gas into the oil. I also decided to dump the crankcase and change the filter. While the oil filter is draining in the catch pan I notice very file metallic shavings in the diluted stream. GREAT!!

The Lowe's warranty rep calls me on Tuesday that's (7 days with no mower). 1st call: Informs me that the servicer diagnosis was the carburetor is bad! And it's not covered in the warranty. (My mistake and I wont ever let it happen again). I was a little dumbfounded as to why it wasn't but I was more concerned on getting it back. So then I am informed if you want him to do the job it will be 45 for diagnosis and the cost of the carb replacement. (Except she forgot to get that info.) Also informs me that the carb is on back order and the servicer has another mower waiting for one. (OK that raises 2 red flags for me.) Ok ,she will call back with the total and I'll go read the warranty under Owners Warranty Responsibilities.

(Here is the part where they void their warranty) "As the engine/equipment owner, you should however be aware that B&S may deny you warranty coverage if your equipment or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, IMPROPER MAINTENANCE, or unapproved modifications." So adding Stabil to the fuel before winter is improper maintenance? Who Knew!!

2nd phone call - The price for the carb and the diagnostics is $368. Ok they can do it. Now I ask her "Why is the carb not covered? You would think it is since it's a main part". Oh they said it was not covered because it's a maintenance issue' Oh! Surprise! I asked, "Is there a eta on when the carbs will be available?" "No idea what so ever." Greaaat. So it seems maintenance issues have been taking out a lot of carbs since they can't keep them in stock? Why can't a "dirty" carb be repaired? Can a little (gas and fuel stabilizer) varnish making the float stick destroy the carb? B&S builds inferior carbs and pushes their failures off on their customers. Stay away from BRIGGS and any company who puts this engine in their product.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I purchased a brand new Husqvarna MZT 61. When I got it home, I got used to the controls for about 10 minutes and started to cut. The mower was cutting nicely and then abruptly the blades disengaged and smoke was coming from under and behind. The clutch completely failed. The dealer had a loaner for me to use. Not sure how often this happens but very inconvenient and trust is shot. Waiting for the part. Should I demand a new mower? Has anyone else had the same problem? What was the outcome? Hopefully not years of more problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Husqvarna?

Original review: April 18, 2019

My experience worse a disaster from day one: The first year/year and a half entered the shop 6 or 7 times for different reasons. One time the people at the shop were surprised to find out that the clutch was gone, they said it was very rare. I had a John Deere 15 yrs old, and I never knew there was a clutch in these machines. Everything that could break got broken. I am taking it tomorrow again because the belt broke for the second time. Changing the oil is the messiest job you can do, and the deck does not raise high enough, so it cuts so short that the Florida sun burns the grass immediately. On top of that I spent $300.00 in attachments (what the hell was I thinking??!!) that I used only a few times because the chute was getting clogged. It is hard to believe that there was any engineer involved in this product.

My John Deere started giving me problems at the end and I sold it. I don't want to sell this one because I FEEL I AM DEFRAUDING PEOPLE. This machine may be great in Canada, or to ride with the grand kids at 6 mph, but certainly useless to mow the grass... unless you don't care about destroying your lawn. I WISH I HAD READ REVIEWS BEFORE I SPENT 2,000.00 IN THIS PIECE OF METAL. By the way: The customer service people are very nice because they are so used to complaints but do not solve absolutely anything. 40' on the phone to be transferred yesterday to the "escalation" department, they apologized saying that the "escalation" department was very busy. Well... I believe that!

Original review: April 17, 2019

The mower deck has never been level and will scalp the lawn at a 2.5" setting. The dealer will not or can't get it level. The engine is always hard starting and has had 3 batteries in 3 years despite being garaged and a battery tender being placed on it. I don't feel that Husqvarna screens their dealers or checks on the service quality before their machines leave the factory. $3200 for a lemon.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Product is fair. Chronically slips drive/blade belt. No close dealer to do warranty work. Mower is one year old, has 3 year warranty. Cut is chronically bad even with new blades. Internet, videos, calls, chat are all near useless. I will never buy any Husqvarna product. Product fair. Service is one of the worst ever. Don't waste money on their products. They don't help when you need it.

Original review: March 29, 2019

A year after I had my Sears 26/54 it also would not drive uphills but was OK straight ground. The issue is a bad main drive belt-it shows no sign of wear but either stretches some or gets slick. Changed belt problem fixed. As for toe out all Sears and Husqvarna have some of this issue and nothing seems to be out of spec or bent.

Fix is to set right wheel straight ahead go to left drag link and cut it about in the center. Now move left wheel to straight position matching the right wheel straight forward position. Then go down to left drag link and overlap both ends. Mark the excess length then cut off. Get a steel angle iron or scrap put it under both cut sections. Clamp with vice grips on angle bracket and each end of link. Have angle bracket welded to both ends of link and Voila. Away you go after replacement. Be careful. Weld will be hot. Saw this done to an older Deere and said I have the same problem on a tight turn mower should work and it does.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Best mower I have ever owned. Keeps on going...just like the Energizer bunny. Have had mower many years with some minor repairs but it has proven super reliable. Highly recommend a Husqvarna mower. Very easy to ride.

Husqvarna Company Information