Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2018

There is a lip around the inside center of the canister that stops it from emptying without putting your hand up inside. UGH! And there is only a small amount of suction so it doesn't clean as well as it should. Last it just slowly stopped working in THREE months. I wasn't too sorry though because I could replace it. The WORST vacuum that I have EVER had in 50 years!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Does not do well on hard floors. It picks up 50% of the dirt and throws the other 50% behind it. But it looks good and does well on most carpets. Has lasted 5 years.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 25, 2018

Doesn't hold up as well as I thought. Required a lot of maintaining. Plastic parts fell apart especially around the motor assembly. The cyclone cylinder holes stop up and not sealed very well. I taped it up solid at bottom.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have been nothing but bad experiences with it. Quits working. It's only 2 years old and has been replaced 3 times by the company and still having problems again with it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

WindTunnel pet model does the job well and doesn't clog. It has a self winding cord. I have no complaints as to the quality or performance. 5 years old and works fine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: March 23, 2018

A low end model but overall performance is very good. But it is way too small. It takes forever to vacuum a large room, maybe 8 inch strips. Size does matter.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I've had this vacuum a few years and it's lost suction. The cord is too short as well and that's probably my biggest complaint, but overall it's been a pretty good vacuum for what I used it for.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Hoover Vacuum Cleaner has a nice size for a petite person but heavier than expected. Comes with attachments. However, does not fit under all furniture. But they're good on both carpet & bare floors. Easy to empty with large dirt canister. Very affordable too. Would buy something lighter and more maneuverable if I were to buy another cleaner.

Original review: March 22, 2018

The vacuum cuts off if I vacuum for over 10 minutes. I then have to wait an hour to start vacuuming again. This vacuum clogs too easy for the amount of money paid.

Original review: March 21, 2018

This Hoover sucks up dirt like nobody's business! However it's slightly bulky for an upright. It has a "speed" button to make it go with only a little pushing. On a flat surface it runs away with me. What bothers me is when it's running, it whistles. Ouch! I purchased it from Amazon and did not want to return it. I've only tried one other brand in my life, Bissell, I gave it away and got a Hoover. The price Hoover has charged through the years has always reasonable. And my mom gave me a new Hoover as a wedding gift in 1960 and I've had them since.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Hoover Vacuum cleans okay and price is cheap. Easy to take apart for cleaning and put back together. However, I always have hard time with figuring out how to take it apart to clean certain parts.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Hoover vacuum picked up the small amount of dirt but left the medium size dirt on the floor. I am not too happy with Hoover’s performance.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Love Hoover. But not so much this one. Too heavy. Cord is retractable but too short. Dust cup is great but filter's too hard to put back on. On board attachment great though.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Ours is a battery-powered 'stick-type' vacuum, and it works great. The ONLY drawback we have found is that the batteries don't last very long and they are overly expensive.

Original review: March 17, 2018

The Hoover Windtunnel vacuum cleaner is bulky and cumbersome. Very difficult to clean under any type of furniture. Hose isn't long enough even with the attachments and is very loud.

Original review: March 16, 2018

When my old Hoover finally died, I considered getting a Shark. They were all the rage. When I started looking I soon discovered it would be much more expensive than they advertised. Then I thought. Why would I switch when the last Hoover had FANTASTIC SUCTION, LASTED FOR AT Least 6 years and came in under 100.00 dollars. I happily purchased a Hoover Windtunnel. I like it VERY MUCH.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I always liked the Hoover Vacuum. It picks up pretty well and easy to keep clean. I just wish that the brand I had went from different thickness of carpet to bare linoleum floors in a more fluid manner.

Original review: March 14, 2018

It's easy to use and clean. It comes apart easily as well. It goes from upright to canister vacuum which is handy and it has a lot of neat attachments.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I bought a Hoover carpet cleaner (Turbo 50) less than a year ago for the purpose of cleaning 2 small area rugs and after about 6 times of usage I noticed the brushes not spinning. I did some research and this is a common defect with this item. I called Hoover who stated no receipt no luck. Typical company who won't back their product after getting your money. Item is junk. Do yourself a favor. Learn from me and put your money to another company.

Original review: March 1, 2018

The Hoover works extremely well. Given its performance, the size is tolerable but not ideal. Also, the noise level on the Hoover is extreme, almost shrill. I have been known to wear headphones to protect my hearing.

Original review: March 1, 2018

The vacuum itself works great just a little heavy if you have to carry it upstairs. I like having the bag to lock the dirt away instead of emptying the canister.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Have always owned a Hoover. All the women in our family only use Hoover. They are both reliable and dependable. Love my Hoover!! Don't know what I'd do without it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I love it. It has great suction power. Lightweight and easy to use, no bags, empty with ease and has little or no mess. Lots of extensions, too. Useful for everywhere and everything. I've had it a year and runs as good as first day I got. Highly recommend Hoover Vacs.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I have been through several Hoover vacuums over the years and to me they almost disposable. They work great at first but then they begin to fall apart. It's almost cheaper to just buy a new one.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

My Hoover Wind Tunnel is extremely heavy. Carrying it up and downstairs is unpleasant for me. But it has very good suction on carpets, floors, draperies and upholstery.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

My parents have owed several over the course of several decades. I remember always seeing one in the house since I was about 6 or 7 yrs old and at present, I am 56 yrs young. I myself have owned a Hoover Vacuum since I was 32 yrs young. Hoover Vacuums have always been top choice in the ** families. Thank you Hoover Vacuums, quality in the price.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I have had this upright Hoover over 30 years. The bag and cord needed changing but I love my Hoover and would never change. I purchased it in a second hand shop for $15.00.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I like the way Hoover cleans out. The filter is very easy. The handle broke but I fixed it. Hoover does suck but it doesn't suck. It's good li'l machine and I named it Henry.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

The vacuum lost suction ALL the time. We'd have to remove hoses, filters, etc. EVERY single time we wanted to use it. Last night, my poor husband spent about 30 minutes thoroughly cleaning stuff out (why does this all get stuck?! It's just dog fur and the like, which this was a highly rated vacuum cleaner FOR homes WITH pets! )... then it was all smoky! It makes SO MUCH noise as well, but never actually picks anything up!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

That vacuum I have is Hoover's Sprint QuickVac and I like it because it is durable and you can see the tube where all the dust is collected so you know when to empty it. It doesn't get full too quickly. And it also has an indicator on top that turns red when it's time to rinse out the filter and empty the tube. It also has a powered brush roll.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information