2.82/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

328 Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 29, 2018

The main problem with the Hoover vacuum is the suction hose clogs easily and you have to clean it out. Very labor intensive. I have multiple pets, this is not the vacuum for pet owners.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Cost of Hoover over Dyson and the others is so much more affordable. Does the job too for me. Keeping an eye on the filter for emptying helps any vacuum do a better job. Most people don't and then complain about the vacuum not doing a good job or that it stopped working for them.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 28, 2018

I have used other high end expensive brands and found my Hoover brand work just as well and held up better in most cases. Some of the features like the automatic cord retract was an excellent feature.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Worst product and customer service. I bought my vacuum a little over three months ago. At the 3 month mark it stopped working. Called the company for a replacement and I was told that I had to go to a service center for repairs. The service center is located 20 minutes away from me, that's if there is no traffic and only open from 10-530pm and Saturdays. I informed the agent that I work every day until 5 and wouldn't be able to make it to the service center. In addition I am observant so I do not drive on Saturdays. They would not be accommodating at all. They told me that they can find me a service center further away. How does that help? I then asked if it could be shipped to the service center and they said that I would have to pay for shipping. They were not helpful at all. Vacuums should not be breaking at the 90 day mark. Product was made like garbage and customer service was even worse. I will never buy a Hoover Vacuum again!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have an upright Hoover with a bag-- it has become too cumbersome for me to push around and store. Having difficulty finding right sized bag for machine and spits out dirt when not even full-- I'm looking for a newer bagless vacuum that is lightweight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: April 27, 2018

The motor gets dirty fast. It is hard to keep vacuum clean itself. Machine works okay. When there is a lot to vacuum I need to run over same area more than once.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I like a vacuum with some decent power and my Hoover has that easily. I tried previously using a different brand supposedly easier to use stick type vacuum but it didn't do as good a job in collecting/sucking up dirt and often I had to do it over again to get an area clean. The Hoover WindTunnel model I have is not an expensive model but it did a better job.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The vacuum works well, we used it for ten years without problems. Tired of the bags though and it was a bit heavy to haul up and down stairs. Speaking of stairs, it didn't do the stairs rugs all that well.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I had several strokes and other vacuums were too heavy. But Hoover battery operated wind tunnel was very easy to handle. And being so light I can carry it anywhere and maneuver it easily. Great buy for me.

Original review: April 25, 2018

The unit has performed better than I expected. But the sound level could be a little lower and that's really the only drawback. As far as cleaning it does a good job and not having a bag to change out is a big plus.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I purchased the Hoover React in late 2017 and used it about every other week until Jan 2018 when the beater quit working. I called Hoover customer service and got an immediate runaround. After a couple of calls I got them the serial number off the label, they could see it was manufactured in 2017. Their warranty states 5 years. I have manuals, everything for the vacuum except I can't locate the sales receipt.

First they said they would ship me parts, then they said they wanted to troubleshoot, then on call #4 they said they won't do anything without receipt. Really? Warranty is 5 years, they say it can't be fixed but I felt once they found out that I can't remember where I placed the receipt (it was a working machine and I didn't think I needed to worry about receipt) they decided they would do nothing for me. This has made me realize that I will never do business with Hoover or purchase anything. I can't believe for a $150.00 (roughly) purchase they won't stand behind their product after about 3 months of use. They are aware of the problem with the beater but it seems like their customer service was constantly trying to get out of repairing or replacing my new vacuum. I wouldn't purchase this product or after dealing with Hoover, any other product of theirs in the future.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Pet Pro WindTunnel3 - My automatic cord rewind went out within 2 months of use, and the suction seems to not be that great, so I emailed customer service and they said. “Your cleaner, model number has a 24 month warranty for manufacturing defects.” Gave me a list of authorized dealers in my area which are repair places that sell used electronics btw. What I don't get is why can't they send me a new one and I send this one back? It's frustrating and the lack of responses the customer support will give as well. I'm about done with this brand and their customer support people.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Best vacuum I have ever owned. Have had this vacuum for 16 years and have absolutely no problem. Purchased it on reviews and ratings in Consumer Reports and this Hoover has never let me down. Does an excellent job of cleaning, the bags have HEPA liners and the vacuum has HEPA dust filters on the exhaust. Never fails to pick up pet hair, powder residue from carpet flea treatments or things as big as rice, broken glass and other larger objects. In 16 years replaced the brush belt once. Fantastic vacuum. Unfortunately because of its longevity I don't have experience with the new Hoovers to make a good comparison to the new brands on the market claiming best cleaning like Dyson, Shark and others. However I would not be afraid of buying another Hoover.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My older vacuum quit working around Christmas 2017 so my asked me what kind of new vacuum would I like for a gift. I told him that Hoover is & always has been my favorite!!! He bought me a Hoover upright & it's the best vacuum that I ever had!!! It was on sale as well!!!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Hoover is still the best and easiest to use!!! Mine is an old Concept 1 and I have two of them in case I need a part. My cleaner man was able to repair it for years.

Original review: March 27, 2018

There is a lip around the inside center of the canister that stops it from emptying without putting your hand up inside. UGH! And there is only a small amount of suction so it doesn't clean as well as it should. Last it just slowly stopped working in THREE months. I wasn't too sorry though because I could replace it. The WORST vacuum that I have EVER had in 50 years!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Does not do well on hard floors. It picks up 50% of the dirt and throws the other 50% behind it. But it looks good and does well on most carpets. Has lasted 5 years.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Doesn't hold up as well as I thought. Required a lot of maintaining. Plastic parts fell apart especially around the motor assembly. The cyclone cylinder holes stop up and not sealed very well. I taped it up solid at bottom.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I have been nothing but bad experiences with it. Quits working. It's only 2 years old and has been replaced 3 times by the company and still having problems again with it.

Original review: March 24, 2018

WindTunnel pet model does the job well and doesn't clog. It has a self winding cord. I have no complaints as to the quality or performance. 5 years old and works fine.

Original review: March 23, 2018

A low end model but overall performance is very good. But it is way too small. It takes forever to vacuum a large room, maybe 8 inch strips. Size does matter.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I've had this vacuum a few years and it's lost suction. The cord is too short as well and that's probably my biggest complaint, but overall it's been a pretty good vacuum for what I used it for.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Hoover Vacuum Cleaner has a nice size for a petite person but heavier than expected. Comes with attachments. However, does not fit under all furniture. But they're good on both carpet & bare floors. Easy to empty with large dirt canister. Very affordable too. Would buy something lighter and more maneuverable if I were to buy another cleaner.

Original review: March 22, 2018

The vacuum cuts off if I vacuum for over 10 minutes. I then have to wait an hour to start vacuuming again. This vacuum clogs too easy for the amount of money paid.

Original review: March 21, 2018

This Hoover sucks up dirt like nobody's business! However it's slightly bulky for an upright. It has a "speed" button to make it go with only a little pushing. On a flat surface it runs away with me. What bothers me is when it's running, it whistles. Ouch! I purchased it from Amazon and did not want to return it. I've only tried one other brand in my life, Bissell, I gave it away and got a Hoover. The price Hoover has charged through the years has always reasonable. And my mom gave me a new Hoover as a wedding gift in 1960 and I've had them since.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Hoover Vacuum cleans okay and price is cheap. Easy to take apart for cleaning and put back together. However, I always have hard time with figuring out how to take it apart to clean certain parts.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Hoover vacuum picked up the small amount of dirt but left the medium size dirt on the floor. I am not too happy with Hoover’s performance.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Love Hoover. But not so much this one. Too heavy. Cord is retractable but too short. Dust cup is great but filter's too hard to put back on. On board attachment great though.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Ours is a battery-powered 'stick-type' vacuum, and it works great. The ONLY drawback we have found is that the batteries don't last very long and they are overly expensive.

Original review: March 17, 2018

The Hoover Windtunnel vacuum cleaner is bulky and cumbersome. Very difficult to clean under any type of furniture. Hose isn't long enough even with the attachments and is very loud.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information