Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

3.6/5 (281 ratings)

About Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover Vacuum Cleaners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

I bought a chargeable, upright vacuum cleaner a few months back. At first I thought it was great and a nice quick convenience for staying on top of dog hair. Do not buy this if you have pets!! It is terrible!! I literally have to clean out the whole thing every 15 minutes or so due to it getting jammed up. There is not even enough suction to pull it up into the canister. As for dirt, it just seems to throw it in a different direction. I am very disappointed in this product as I have bought quite a few Hoovers in the past and have been satisfied. Don't waste your money!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

18 mos. after purchase the spray nozzle plugged up. I tried to soak it, blow it out with air compressure, could not get to the opening with fine wire because of the defuser. Called Hoover, went through interrogation with the rep., was told to supply a receipt, did that, then the warranty dept emailed me and said for me to cut off the wire to the battery charger, pull off the model decal, sent a picture of all this and they will send me a new one. All I need is a new brush cover with the spray nozzle, sent them back an email, then was told they have no replacement part as such and have to send a whole new one, I explained I do not have to ability to take pictures and email them.

Seems to me it would be more convenient to just send a part, save extra shipping, a win win situation. I have bought many Hoover vacs, but no more. A very confused way to satisfy a customer, jump through the hoops, play the game, do as you are told, and we will help.... Sounds like the progressive party has taken over Hoover... Too bad.... No more business from me.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Do not buy. I used it on my kitchen floor that we just replaced and it left burn marks in my floor which is vinyl. Now I am not sure what to do when I just spent over $3,000 in flooring for this machine to do this. It says it was made for all flooring. Very unhappy.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I have been trying to get a replacement part for more than a year on a carpet cleaner I bought brand new. What they did was give me the run around until the warranty expired and now I have to buy a new carpet cleaner cause the part's almost just as much as a new carpet cleaner. I will never buy Hoover again. Not only does their customer service sucks but the carpet cleaner was trash too. The plastic front piece started coming off after a couple months and still can't get Hoover to sent me a new one.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

This product is garbage! This is now the 5th time using this vacuum. It barely picks anything up unless you go over the same spot multiple times. And no, it's not plugged up as I checked that while I was changing the belt. And it does not move easily. I'm sorry, but I shouldn't feel like I just worked out for the last 2 hours just from trying to vacuum a living room floor! I can't understand how you have been around for 100 years with such crappy customer service and garbage product. I will never even consider spending another penny on your useless equipment! I contacted support. I sent an attached receipt and filled out all the info needed and never heard anything back. Your customer service is nonexistent. I literally bought this in August of 2021. By September it was just about junk. November and still have not heard anything. Buy anything but this brand! I wish I had, but my preferred brand was not in stock!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

As a professional in the manufacturing and customer service industry, I understand the demands and challenges of the current staffing/supply chain. This, however, is not the existing problem with Hoover. Several months ago, I have placed an online order for a replacement reservoir for the floor scrubber I own. After a few weeks, I received an automated email advising they were experiencing delays in the warehouse, so I patiently waited a few more weeks understanding the current staffing and supply chain issues.

After about 2 months I emailed the customer service asking about my part, since they took the payment immediately (typically companies don't actually charge your card until they ship). I was told via email on 9/29/2021 that my order is shipping on 9/30/2021 (the next day). I didn't receive my part so I called the customer service number on October 8 to follow up on my shipment and she told me that my order is going to ship on October 11 and that I can call back for the Fed Ex tracking number.

On October 14 I called back as suggested and spoke with rep, Danielle, (coincidentally the same rep as in the original email who told me it shipped on 9/30) and she told me that my part is "shipping on the next day" again, October 15. So at this point I realized that's their standard deflection statement and asked to speak with the supervisor.

The "supervisor" came on the phone (and I seriously doubt by her unprofessional tone that she actually was a supervisor, rather just pass the phone to someone else game). I asked her to call the warehouse and confirm the shipment as I needed this item by Saturday, October 16 and I ordered it several months ago.. More than enough time to receive by my required date. She told me that they DO NOT have the ability to call the warehouse. She told me that "they, just like everyone else, is back up due to supply chain." I advised her that I would have believed that IF the previous customer service people hadn't already told me that the item IS in stock and at the warehouse and is just awaiting to be labeled and shipped Fed Ex.

I ship and receive FED EX every single day. Fed ex is not part of the supply chain back up of imports. The warehouse is in Tennessee and I live in Illinois. It's a 1-day ground shipment. I further told her that it's deplorable that they would LIE to their customers and give them fake excuses that "it's shipping tomorrow". I told her to credit my account and instead the "check's in the mail tomorrow". So I asked her to cancel the order and credit my account immediately. She said she would process the cancel and credit my account after receiving confirmation the order was cancelled.

I asked "what does that mean? How long will we have to wait for that confirmation... "tomorrow?" over and over again? Clearly, you can't be trusted with your timeframe." She said "I can get that today, as soon as I call the warehouse to confirm the cancellation." WAIT, WHAT? I told her "not 3 minutes ago, you just told me you did not have the ability to call the warehouse to check on my order but you have the ability to cancel it???" I told her I want to see my credit on my account immediately because she has a computer. If they could take the payment immediately from my account, they can process the return the same way. Today is October 21. I have NOT received my credit, nor confirmation of cancellation, nor the item. HOOVER REFUSES TO SHIP AND REFUSES TO CANCEL/CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT. I cannot believe this unethical practice in the USA. This is my first review online. Next is BBB.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I got my vacuum cleaner in 2020. One special screw missing and all extension parts fell apart. I tried to use the warranty but they asked me for a receipt. I tried to find it but I couldn't. My colleague bought it for our company and then I replaced with my own one because it was big for our office. I asked him for receipt but he couldn't find it. I sent all other information but they refused to fix it under warranty. Such a shame and disappointing service!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My shampooer which is less than 2 yrs old. The wheel fell off, the motor burnt up, and the brush broke. Now you're telling me I'm out of luck, no I don't still have my receipt, I know you can look up model and serial number to see, but choose not to. For that I will not spend another dime on your products. And word of mouth travels far. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I tried to contact Hoover for the past 1.5 years regarding ordering a brushroll for my vacuum (I purchased BH53120 in 2018, and a small part on brush roll in 2019 suddenly dropped off and I couldn't find it and fix it.) They didn't reply me some of my emails in the past few months, and the emails they replied me was about out of stock and to check the availability after 30 days. Two weeks ago I called Hoover, they told me the stock will be in soon. And I contacted them again, they told me the part is discontinued and there is no alternative brushroll I can replace. They didn't offer me any solution and told me it's out of 3-year-warranty, and suggested me to buy a new unit with their discount code.

I have been contacting them for more than one year, and I have all the email records. They don't even try to help me and find the solution. All they do is to ask you to wait, and buy a new one in the end. I highly suggest not to purchase their products as you never know when they will discontinue a spare part you need, even though it's a 3-year-old product.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I switched from a Bissell to a Hoover because I heard it was a better and stronger machine. It worked wonderfully for a few months. It suddenly stopped working. I was told I could not get a refund because I picked up a vinegar spill. I will go back to a Bissell and never buy a Hoover product again. Thank you for the 200$ waste. The Bissell was 100$ and lasted me two and a half years.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

It was powerful when new, got weaker in the following months, I mean the bottom of it does not suck well. The hose can be detached and it works great. It's good enough for the price I got it for, but not the presale price.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I have now owned 2 of these machines. Ok, my bad for buying the second one. They both had a brush motor go out. The design is poor in that you can't raise the level. As a result, the brush sits with all the weight of the unit on it and it burns out the motor. They were bought new. Never again. I am buying a Shark.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Hoover products have been around for decades from the mop to the carpet cleaner. Their product have evolved with the times I started using Hoover floor cleaners in the 70’s. Then its vacuum cleaner. One can always count on Hoover product. They have stood the test of time.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I have purchased from this company on more than one occasion and I've always had positive results. My current vacuum is great for carpets and tile floors. I have 2 pets and it works wonders when it comes to ridding my house of pet fur.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Hoover has a quality product. I had a shampoo machine that lasted for over 10 years. I now have a Hoover cordless vacuum. It does a great job and can go anywhere in the house without worrying about plugging and unplugging the cord. Love it!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Not happy the way my bag-less vacuum picks up pet hair, even though it claims it does. It keeps clogging up and shutting off. The hole going into the bin is too small making it easy to clog. The plastic outside parts tend to break easy like the cord holder and the hose is now unusable. It is also kind of cumbersome to navigate due to the weight and getting under furniture.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

This brand Vacuums are really doing great in terms of function, but I could see that they are overheating soon. Due to this, I suppose to stop in between and wait for some time to restart my work. If this could be resolved, it would be really great.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

At home we are happy using Hoover Vacuum Cleaners since I remember my mother use to had a Hoover Vacuum Cleaners and we never experience any difficulty, and it does the work. We use it to clean the house and our vehicles without any problems. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Hoover Windtunnel Rewind Pet does a marvelous job cleaning up the hair from our Labrador Retriever. It also does a wonderful job cleaning our house and garage. We use it weekly to keep our home clean and are amazed at the amount of dirt and hair it picks up and it is easy to maintain.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I am in love with this brand of vacuum. It is very dependable and has some amazing attachments. They offer so many different types of vacuum cleaners. There are never any issues with the suction and the only time I have replaced a vacuum is just to get the newer version.

Original review: July 30, 2021

Hoover in my opinion is one of the best! It does a really good job and I never had a problem with it. I do recommend this product. So if you are thinking about buying a vacuum cleaner don’t sleep on the hoover brand. It hasn’t disappointed me yet and I’ll been using one for a very long time. Yes it is worth a try.

Original review: July 3, 2021

Ordered rug shampooer. Had a delivery date of July 2. Tracked package and could see that the package had never left Hoover. Called Hoover and they said it had indeed shipped and I WOULD be getting it later in the day. I never got it. Contacted Hoover today. Was told that the order label was created YESTERDAY, the day it was supposed to be in my hands. I called Fed Ex. Fed Ex told me that they had NOT scanned the item and it was NOT in their hands which is opposite of what I was told by Hoover. Hoover didn't like that I called them a liar over this. They kept saying the item had shipped, and I could prove it had not. That to me is a lie. Was told that it would now take ANOTHER 7-10 business days on top of the 8 days I have waited since placing my order. HORRIBLE customer service.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Purchased a Hoover Windtunnel vacuum cleaner online at Hoover.com. Within two days of receiving the vacuum the handle kept coming out when using (pushing) the unit. Emailed customer service and went back and forth with questions, photo requests, etc., which took weeks. Finally advised if I wanted an exchange that I needed to cut the cord and send photos of the cut cord and manufacturer's label on a piece of paper.

So in the interim I am supposed to be without a vacuum for 10 to 14 days? How about you send the vacuum cleaner and once received I cut the cord then! If I bought this at Best Buy, Costco, etc., there never would have been an issue and the vacuum would have been automatically replaced! Eventually I said, "Just give me a refund," and they said, "Too late. It's been more than 30 days!" What kind of return policy is that? Most stores allow returns up to 90 days! I will never do business with Hoover again! Lousy return policy and poor customer service!

Original review: May 7, 2021

I love the vacuum cleaner and it was only £69.99. I cannot fault it at all however my issue is with the guarantee and this happens with all products. You are entitled to a one year guarantee however by law that means anything from 3 - 5 years and I don't think people realise this. When I was putting my info on for the guarantee, it was hard sell to get me to pay an amount per month for it to cover accidental (which hardly ever happens) and anything else that goes wrong with it.

In two years time if my vacuum cleaner stops running then I will take it back to Argos who will either have to fix it or give me a new one. That is the law. I cannot stand most companies (in this instance, all companies are like this to me) breaking the law. That is what they are doing. I do know a lot of people who do not realise that they could take an item back (say a very expensive TV @ £300) after three years. That is the only downside to this. Love the vacuum cleaner and the head is smaller than I have had before so gets into more spaces. Suction brilliant and controllable. Best VC I have ever bought!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I bought a $300 dollar vacuum from Hoover.com January 2021. After I received it, I tried it out but I was disappointed because instead of sucking dirt up, it would fling it in all directions. I called and requested a return but the agent informed me they don't cover returns. What?? So I paid $100 dollars for the return. I only had the vacuum for 2 weeks. Any company that doesn't fully cover a 30 day return policy, including shipping for the return, is not a company anyone should do business with.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Wow talk about planned obsolescence. Have you ever bought something and have it not work as soon as the warranty expires? I bought a Hoover SmartWash Automatic Carpet Cleaner on eBay on Jun 17, 2020. It worked ok until last week. I took it in to a repair shop and was told the motor sounded bad and they will check it out. In the meantime, I contacted the seller and was told the warranty just expired in mid-December!! So I missed the warranty by a week. I will never buy another Hoover again!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Purchased vacuum at Canadian Tire. After 4 uses bearings seized brush clean, no response from canadian tire or Hoover. Looks like no warranty. Very poor. Had hoover products before is but nothing like this and no help.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Very loud. Poor suction. I read reviews on this product which I think is purchased at Home Depot right before Covid hit. Home Depot would not allow returns for several months at which time my allotted time for returns expired. I have owned Hoover vacuums before and have never had a issue. This product does not live up to Hoover standards. The loudness is very discerning.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

The Vacuum wand broke in just a year and no replacement parts are available. Hoover would not work with me to provide a repair or replacement so I would not be without a Vacuum. I am sensitive and need to keep my home clean. Hoover FAILED MISERABLY as a vendor. They don't provide repair parts and will not replace the Vacuum without destroying the old one first which would have left me with no vacuum. I had to insert a screw into the wand to fix it so I could stay healthy since Hoover would not respond to my request in a timely manner. Like a month! Hoover support thinks that was wrong!!! DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY ON THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The freshwater tank was leaking and not staying seated down and they replaced the whole unit. They paid for the postage to return it and in 2 days I had a brand new unit. The new tank is sturdier and it works great! I love how lightweight the unit is. 20-year-old carpets look fantastic! Well done Hoover standing by your product! I am pleased!

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information