Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Quit paying for costly home repairs

368 Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

Wheel wobbles and it's hard to push. To get it fixed would cost much more than the vacuum. Hoover was out of the part and so was the company they gave me that said could fix vacuums. I would never buy it again. I remember when Hoover used to be the very best you could buy. They were made out of metal also. Now everything is made of plastic and nothing lasts. Probably made in China.

Original review: July 12, 2019

It is old and it is ugly and just hasn't held up very well over the past 10 years. It still works for us because we have hardwood floors and the only carpeting is on the stairs. The good news is with 2 dogs that don't shed too much there is not much strain on the suction. Hard to find bags for it though.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Suction is absolutely awful. Filter clogs so easily. Difficult to open to clear the filter. Attachments cheesy. Would never buy another from this brand, HOOVER UPRIGHT. Clumsy to use, brush does not work. Constantly need to cut out hair.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Hoover Windtunnel is a very good vacuum. The weight is becoming an issue for me with arthritis. I like the onboard attachments and the fact that it is HEPA rated. Easy to change bag and the filters.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Hoover upright, expensive in bracket of $500-800, removable canister - no bags, longer cord, taken to shop 3-4 times a yr to fix the rollers not rolling. Didn't come with auto move forward - so this stopped moving forward. Hard to push, heavy, gave up and donated it. Bought Shark.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: July 6, 2019

We bought this vacuum for my father in law for Christmas. It has been used twice (because he cannot push it himself). I vacuumed one room carpet. I unplugged the vacuum to go to another room, and it would not start. We tested the outlet, which was fine, so we knew it was the vacuum. Unfortunately, the warranty is only for 90 days, which has passed. From the experience of others on this site, it appears it is not worth the money to have to resend to the company. So sorry we purchased this vacuum for him.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Cost effective value priced vacuum. Bagged unit, short hose, OEM hose was replaced for more stretchy version. Belts replaced every two years with once a week use. Not good for stairs. Cord storage is clumsy.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I have always bought Hoover vacuum cleaners and found them to be extremely reliable and a good performer for the money. They are excellent for overall cleaning and the bags are reasonably priced for the money.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I have a Hoover. Never can beat the pickup! However through the years the plastic casing has gotten thinner. I have tried the Dyson and Hoover beats the pickup. Very reliable. No service problems through the years good value for the money!!

Original review: July 4, 2019

This vacuum is always great...with lots of dog hairs it does the job. I wish the bad insert was a little easier to do, but over all, it is a great vacuum. Sometimes it is a little hard to push on plush carpets, and there's no real way to adjust it higher, but that's rare.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information