Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?
    Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2023

Purchased a Powerdash Pet due to the advertising and manual showing a flip window for easy cleaning and maintenance. Upon receiving it did not have the flip window. Customer service states the model was changed and no longer has a flip window despite the advertising, maintenance video and manual all showing it. Hoover refuses to exchange my product and told me I'm out of luck despite their false advertising. I did my research and bought this model specifically for the flip window. This is an illegal business practice and even though they admit they are in the wrong, they are refusing to correct the situation. LIARS AND CON ARTISTS. Will be reporting to the BBB as well for illegal business practices. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HOOVER.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2023

I bought. Hoover WindTunnel in August of this year and the cord to the machine came loose. Now I can't use it. Or get a hold of anybody. 3 months old. I thought Dirt Devil was BF hoover is worse. Never buy again from Hoover.

Reviewed Oct. 26, 2023

I have purchased Hoover vacuums for years and for a low cost appliance, they have been fine. However, a recent purchase has a problem requiring customer support, and I learned after extended effort in all avenues, that there is NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Even the chat box gets frozen! All effort was futile and a waste of time, leaving me with a very sour attitude towards a major company that will not support their product or respect their customer. In truth, their runaround was unbelievable, even in this day and age.

Reviewed Sept. 24, 2023

This product is a waste of money. This is my second attempt at this product after the first one did the same thing. Company has been unresponsive and website they claim is available to assist. Is crap and also not user friendly.

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

How can people say that steaming works and is faster. It is been taking me 1 hour to steam clean when I can wipe things down faster. It takes me 5 minutes to steam one spot like the corner instead of a few seconds.

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2023

After less than a month from purchase and normal use for only 3 times, the belt broke and melted the plastic rod in the roller brush (replacement cost $50.00). Am concerned that a brand name appliance was made so poorly (and without any way of getting my money back).

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2023

I purchased a carpet cleaner. We have used it a 1/2 dozen times. It's okay you get what you pay for. However I needed a replacement filter and it is not listed on their website.. So I tried to do a virtual agent that turned out to be a robot. It said it would contact me back. It never has. I called the company be a telephone. I was put on hold and then put on a list to call back. No one has called back. I will never buy another Hoover product especially after Reading these reviews.

Staff

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2023

Purchased at Kohl's. Used about 6 to 10 times. Lack of sucking pr vacuum power. Hoover calls it "dirt cup". It holds dirt as there are no bags. The connection of the "dirt cup" to the body of the machine is weak (unsecure). There is an opening or space between the hose and the rest of the machine. Obviously that opening reduces the power of the vac. The owner's manual has drawings vs actual pictures. There is no parts list. Customer reviews are mentioned & shown. There is NO place for any customer to provide a review of any HOOVER product. Are "reviews" from employees? Actual customers can not enter a review.

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

The WORST ever!!! The WORST customer service I have ever experienced. Never buying from Hoover ever again & will always discourage people from buying. Still waiting on my refund, going on 10 weeks now. I have only gotten the run around & passed on to other people. I mean is this company BROKE?? What is $242.44 to a million dollars company. Not to mention I had to pay $50 just to ship it back & deal with a headache. I should have just kept the vacuum & never dealt with HOOVER ever again in my life. I’m telling EVERYONE about my experience. This is definitely NOT like NORDSTROM’S EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Very disappointing!!! And they still want me to wait another 4-6 weeks bring the total of weeks to 15 weeks just for a return. I have ALL my receipts to back up my claims.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

Item purchase in January 2023,, used 4 times and in August 2023 it would not even power on,, I contacted Hoover and discussed what was going or rather not going on and explained I bought it new on eBay,, customer service looked up the numbers and told me it was under a two year warranty and instructed me to take it to a service center and produce my receipt showing date of purchase and have it repaired,, I promptly did so only to get a call from the service center telling me Hoover was refusing to honor the warranty! I contacted Hoover again and a very condescending company again refused to stand by their product!!

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2023

I purchased from Amazon a Hoover steam vac. When it broke, I contacted the extended warranty people. They said it was under manufacturer's warranty. I contacted Hoover, and after many copies of the transaction and three weeks of waiting, they said it was sold by an "unauthorized reseller" (Amazon! Really?) and would not honor the warranty. Avoid these products like the plague.

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

This is the very worst company I have ever dealt with. I bought a product that did not do what they said it would do, so the next day decided to return it, followed their instructions for the return, cost me $43.90 to return it, have all my return receipts and they would not refund our money, we called the credit card company and they are fighting the credit card company, I now have to send all receipts and copies to my credit card company to fight them, they want it sent priority mail another $10.00 to do that. Amazon never, ever gives you a hard time, do yourself a favor and DO NOT DEAL WITH HOOVER VACUUM CLEANERS ONLINE... STAY WITH AMAZON AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM....

Reviewed July 2, 2023

The worst customer service ever. I purchase the vacuum from this company. It came with broken charger. I called customer service with hope that they send me good one. No way! You made claim in one department. Then you wait for the few days for email that states that company is ready to accept the broken part. Promised to send prepaid label in 24 hours. Few 24 hours passed after their email. I still have not received it. I guess it has to be some kind of responsibility from seller’s side. For the couple weeks I can not use my vacuum. And now I am waiting for prepaid label to send it back. Even do not want to think how much time they need to send a new one. Absolutely disrespectful and irresponsible company. Very dissatisfied with their service.

Customer ServiceStaffEase of Use

Reviewed June 28, 2023

I bought the Hoover Smartwash shampooer 2 years ago and used it once. I loved how the shampooer moved forward to dispense the shampoo and then moved backward to vacuum, very easy to use. However, now it does not work and the technicians cannot get parts to repair it. Their warranty is for 5 years, and I still have the receipt. I've tried contacting customer support, but they will not respond. I called during their "contact" hours, but they say they are not open and then they hang up, so you can't leave a message. I've tried the chat box online during contact hours, but they come back with "Sorry, I didn't understand that" and say they do not have an agent available because they are only open between 8 am and 8 pm EST, which when I contacted them, it was, indeed between those hours. I will never buy another Hoover product.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed June 16, 2023

My family always has Hoover products when they used to be in North Canton, OH, so I bought a vacuum and shampooer from them. As any vacuum does, the belt broke. Should be an easy fix. Then figuring out the correct belt EVEN with the correct model number was an impossibility! Walmart sent wrong belt. On line said the #190 belt was correct...WRONG!. Tried calling "customer service" which was closed at 4pm! The chat box on their website was useless with "I don't understand" replies. So, they were having a Father's Day sale, 20% off! Was not given the discount while ordering. Had I known how impossible it is to get parts (thought Sears was bad), I would have never bought Hoover. BEWARE - much better choices out there!

Reviewed June 2, 2023

I purchased a vacuum through Hoover.com and once I received it it wasn't working. The water was leaking everywhere and I took it apart, put it back and nothing. I am now noticing that I am not the only one who has experienced this. I tried contacting customer service and they don't answer!! I've called, tried to chat and sent a message through the site and nothing. This is unbelievable. It's been almost 2 weeks and I've called almost every day and still cannot contact anyone. Every time I get on the chat, it says no one is available or it disconnects. I am never ever purchasing another Hoover product.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed April 27, 2023

I purchased a Hoover windtunnel vacuum and after 5 months of very limited use, the motor burned out. Finding parts and having this machine repaired is next to impossible. The parts are cheap and made in China. Hoover is not the company it once was. Customer service actually never called me back during the time I was inquiring into information on the warranty for repair. My local small business repair shop informed me that repairing a Hoover was not likely due to the unavailability of parts. Even if I wanted to pay out of pocket it was not going to get fixed. My advice is to not buy from big box office stores and find a local retailer that will sell you a machine that they stand by. Please do not buy a Hoover vacuum. You will most definitely regret it.

Reviewed April 17, 2023

Had a Hoover carpet machine that was used 4/5 times no longer functions and Hoover does not make the part I need to fix it. I was offered 40% off a new machine but I say why buy another when the same thing could happen again? Total waste of money!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed April 16, 2023

I bought a Hoover CleanSlate Vacuum from Kohl’s with 40% off. Got it home, read the instructions and no water dispensed. I tried to Chat with the company, Techtronic Flooring Care and was told to call directly because they couldn’t help. Took me 2 days by phone for a callback. The nice lady walked me through how to get the water to dispense and nothing. She emails me instructions to open a claim. I emailed them the receipt and then, Heather emails stating she needs a video to show what’s not working. Sent that and no response. After over a week of disrespect, I returned to Kohl’s so I lost my 40% and $15 Kohl’s cash, because they are out of stock. I will never buy another Hoover product. Think long and hard before you do.

Customer ServiceReliability

Reviewed March 20, 2023

I received a Hoover Blade cordless vacuum cleaner as a gift. I followed the instructions and charged the battery. I used the vacuum until the charge ran out. When I tried to recharge the battery it simply would not charge. I contacted Hoover customer service and they walked me through troubleshooting steps all of which I had already done. They also determined the battery was defective. Because I don't have a receipt, nor can I get one, they offered to sell me a new battery at 20% off of full retail. How generous! How could I possibly refuse a deal like that! I received the Vacuum in Jan 2023. The battery is well within the warranty period but they refused to stand behind their product.

Reviewed March 7, 2023

Like other reviewers, purchased a vacuum from Hoover directly via their website. Vacuum came, but the main roller didn't work. Attempted to contact customer service through their website, email, and phone. Waited over two weeks and was on hold countless times, but still could not get any support. Then to add insult to injury, if we want to do a return, we'd have a pay a shipping fee (~$40-60) for a product that never actually worked. 1) Go get a different brand, 2) If it must be Hoover, then go through another seller.

Reviewed March 6, 2023

Since this is my 4th Hoover stick vac, I decided to buy direct from Hoover instead of Amazon where you can return any defective merchandise. The links included in their emails are incorrect, the online chat disconnects after you've waited sometimes over 30 minutes (I've now had 4 case #s which are not referred back to, and although I've now read elsewhere that consumers have had this problem, the company wants me to video the problem happening. So I once again get to vacuum and have the dirt cup fall off, spilling dirt all over my shoes and the floor I just cleaned. And according to many others, I will probably then get to jump through many more hoops, pay to return it, and never see my money. Boo Hoover!!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 18, 2023

This is the worst service I've ever had. 2 machines broke after 2 uses and they won't help at all. Told us to kick rocks and maybe we can get a discount. Do not use their brand. Huge waste of money and time.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2023

I purchased a Hoover upright cordless vacuum cleaner 1 year ago and 2 additional batteries. The vacuum cleaner was mainly purchased to clean my hardwood floors. Been working great for 1 year. Now the unit is leaving scuff marks on my floor from the rubber wheels. I have cleaned the wheels with the hoover cleaning solution, checked for any debris on the wheels, etc. There is nothing on these wheels that is causing the scuff marks other than worn out wheels or possible when turning the mechanism is no longer aligned thus grabbing the floor leaving the scuff marks. I have been through 2 chats with Hoover and both of them indicated to me that this is not a warranty issue that when I use the vacuum cleaner I should "simply" go behind the unit after I am done, and hand clean the scuff marks! I almost died when they said that to me.

I called them and got a live agent and guess what, they said the same thing to me. When I asked to speak to a supervisor the person hung up on me. This is a company with horrible customer service so beware before purchasing a Hoover unit - God help you if you have a problem. I contacted one of their listed service centers off of the Hoover website only to find out that they no longer are a hoover service center because they REFUSE to deal with Hoover. If this does not tell you something than re-read this thread and proceed with caution when purchasing a hoover vacuum cleaner.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2023

Purchased a Hoover Vacuum- High Performance Swivel XL Pet Vacuum on 1/22/22. Less than 1 year after the purchase my wife was vacuuming steps- the vacuum was sitting on ground level on our foyer vinyl flooring. The vacuum chewed up a couple of good size chunks of the vinyl floor. After contacting Hoover customer support they advised to take pictures of the damaged area & send the vacuum in. Both were sent in 12/12/22. Recently in Feb 2023 we received notification that the claim was denied. Now we are left with a chewed up floor, Hoover KEPT the vacuum without offering a refund or damages reimbursement- a rep could have come out to evaluate the damage but Hoover elected to do nothing beside reject the claim. Will never purchase a Hoover vacuum ever again because of this bad experience & lack of caring from Hoover.

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2023

I bought a vacuum from this company that was okay but not great. I've been going through the return process for months now. Not only did I have to pay to ship the product back but it is impossible to reach anybody on the status. If I call I'm on hold for an excessive amount of time. If I hit the option for a call back no one ever reaches out. If I try to reach an agent online it never connects me. This whole process has been a nightmare and at this point I feel like I'm not going to receive my money back. I'm now sending an email to see if I will receive any response from that.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2023

Can someone out there give me a phone number for Hoover besides the 2 numbers that are on Google. And when you call no Matter what time it says we are Closed!! My Hoover Elite is new-ish and falling apart. This is despicable. How they have it RIGGED UP so no one can call them, scumbags aren't they!

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2022

I bought a Hoover Windtunnel in 2021 at Kohl's. I used it only a few times since it is too bulky. In Sept 2022 there was suction only from the hose, not the floor plate. Cust Serv said I did not have the cord extended far enough, or maybe too far. "That model was temperamental." In Oct. I called again with the same problem. When I said the brushes were not spinning, they said I must need a new belt and they would send me one. It never arrived, although they did send an email showing it was sent. In Nov. I called again. This time I received the belt that they sent out. I replaced the belt and the vacuum seemed to work for a short test run.

In Dec. I tried again. After just a few minutes, the belt started smoking and melted. Because I did not have the original receipt, they could only offer me a one-time courtesy 20% discount towards a new machine. Why would I waste my money when their Customer Service is so bad? Note: There are 2 different 800-numbers to call Customer Service. Each one says the office is closed and to call back between 8-5, even though I am calling at 3 pm.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2022

Bought steam cleaner for 5x7 rug. Cleaned it once as I was away for 7 months. When I used it again it was dead. It was only 8 months old. Called customer service and a rude woman told me to take it to a repair shop and pay for it.

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2022

I've had my Hoover carpet cleaner for 10 months and have a 2 year warranty on it. The belt broke and bristles are all messed up. I contacted Walmart and All State about getting a replacement and they said to contact Hoover. So I left a message to Hoover, called 3 different times and waited for a contact back. Hoover did call back but when I answered the line would just drop. They emailed me back and I answered with what was wrong with the machine asking for help getting a replacement. It's been about a week and they still have yet to answer anything I've sent them or call back and actually speak to me. I personally do not recommend and I will not be purchasing any other Hoover products from here on out. Worst customer support ever...

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information