2. Homeowners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Reviews

Original review: April 28, 2020

This is a great vacuum cleaner for the price. Pet hairs? No problem. Attachments for all your cleaning jobs. Easy to find HEPA filters. I have had this vacuum cleaner for 10 years and still does a great job.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I am reviewing the Linx model. Excellent but has just a few faults. The suction tank gets bunked off too easy. Is also hard to clear when clogged. Overall suction is great. Price is very reasonable. Overall it's a very good machine.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I have always bought Hoover vacuum products, I now own a Hoover WindTunnel for pets. It has great suction and it is so easy to empty. The washable filter is a plus. And washing all the other parts is also made easy to take apart.

Original review: April 23, 2020

We love this vacuum. It does a great job, especially with the turbo boost on. The small turbo is great for bedding. Brings sheepskin up beautifully. Downsides I feel the cord could be longer and the vacuum is heavy. The external dust collector system is great. We use very few dust bags. We have it serviced regularly.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Hoover has sold vacuums in the last 6 years that require replacement filters. They have stopped supplying the filters. (They say back ordered but it would seem permanently back ordered). If there are no filters available your vacuum is a piece of junk even if it works. $300 or so down the tubes as this vacuum should easily last 15 years but with no filters is pretty useless. Do not buy from Hoover.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hoover?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Hoover One PWR cordless floor cleaner. Absolutely love it. Best thing ever, easy to assemble, easy to use and is doing a phenomenal job. The battery life is not so bad considering. I end up buying an extra battery and I can really take my time now. Buy it. You won’t be disappointed!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

On-Off Button Stopped Working after 10 months. I have nothing but hard surfaces in my house, no carpeting. I've owned Floor Mates for years and generally upgrade about every three years. Well, I had a big clean up on my tile floor and when I plugged in my Deluxe Floor Mate and pushed the button, nothing happened. I tried three different plugs and still nothing. Contacted Customer Service who sent me all kinds of instructions to get it going. Nothing. I researched the complaint, found all sorts of people with the same issue, and contacted the company again. They told me to send them the original receipt (I did.) Asked me what product I use to clean and I told them Lysol. That right there voided my warranty.

I've used Lysol in my Floor Mates for a good ten years if not more. AND, the issue wasn't the cleaner, it was the machine not turning on. One guy said he dismantled the machine and replaced a fuse. For $157, being a long time customer, the fact that others complained about the defective on/off switch and that I had my original receipt, it would have been NICE to say the very least for them to replace this defective machine. They offered a 30% discount but it would take two weeks for delivery. The rep also said "you can probably get a better deal on Amazon!" It's a sad commentary when a company does not value a repeat customer.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Bought a new Spotless spot cleaner within the last 3 weeks and just started trying to use it this week. It leaked like a sieve and the spray nozzle would not shut off spraying water all over when the trigger was released. Contacted Hoover as it needed a part and their response, after several e-mails is I need to ship it back to Tennessee at my cost to have a replacement sent. They also stated the new unit, if it would be new, does not extend the warranty. This is a piece of Chinese crap that was never QC tested as it purports on the package and should never have left the factory. Obviously I am not going to send this back at my expense (About $25 on a $80 product...right). They entreat buyers not to return it to the store but their customer service is useless. Returning it to the seller. We will stick with Bissell in the future.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I grew up trusting my mom's choices & HOOVER was always my mom's #1 vacuum & shampooer. It was always strong & durable! I have purchased 2 of these same models above both (Garbage) & I am so dog gone angry! This "very' moment, being the 4th time using my shampooer would "you" believe the fricken 'Right' back wheel "fell" off/broke off. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet as I jumped on line to write this review! I am so disappointed & angry! I have such an EXTREMELY LARGE FAMILY not to mention many many friends throughout cities & states whom trust in each other's recommondation when we speak of good or bad products on the market to purchase or "DO NOT" PURCHASE.

Not only did the wheel break off but the strip in the bucket where the dirty water ends up came all undone & let me tell you anyone will tell that I that EXCELLENT CARE when it comes to anything that I own, BELIEVE IT! HOOVER, I am done, just plain done with your products because first of all "they are severely cheaply made" & you should be ashamed of yourselves. You people charge an arm & a leg for mere low quality household goods. It saddens my heart.

I cannot wait to tell ALL MY FAMILY, FRIENDS near & far, church friends, I am going to post a NEGATIVE REVIEWS on "ALL" MY WEB CITES, including FACE BOOK, Twitter, YouTube, I am going to contact Kurtis on Channel 13 NEWS goes after Companies to Reimburse Consumers whom have gotten taken advantage purchasing defective products sold by RIPPOFF's, Broken down cars that fall under lemon law, & whom have purchased known Brand Merchandise from WELL KNOWN COMPANIES such as HOOVER in this case that needs to Reimburse or make things right with Consumer for all the money we spend to use your products once maybe twice & then to break & then we have to pay to send to HOOVER to be fixed...etc. etc. NO! I'M DONE!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I purchased air sprint hoover model UH72421ca ,it lasted only 6 months using once twice a week. The cheap plastic caps at the end of the roller broke off, phone the customer service. They said they haven't make the parts for it yet. I recommend to anyone not to buy this product. It is made very cheap. I am a vacuum repair person, the reason for breaking it is the end plastic roller caps cannot hold the pressure of the belt turning it. Not happy at all.

Hoover Vacuum Cleaners Company Information