Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens

3.8/5 (328 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Kitchens

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Kitchens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Paid HD $32K for kitchen remodel. Countertop we ordered was back ordered 3 months - fine. They called to schedule 1 month early-YAY. They installed wrong cabinets & wrong countertop. Now told 3 more months to wait-BOO! Have holes in walls till then.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Had I known, I wouldn’t have wasted my time and money with Home Depot. The designer, Elzbieta, was great. Then the installers had the audacity to tell me that I would have to store the Cabinets IN MY HOME for THREE WEEKS, while the my got permits and did demo. Totally unacceptable! DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME! I would give them a zero if I could.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Over 25+ yrs construction pro, installed and managed sales in these areas for a time for them. Contractor services. Long ago... Now, it shows in the quality of the work and effort is $ driving. Poor quality. Will never refer any of my customers or family to HD. You never know how the much crafty magic you will need to do. A one day install can turn in to a 2-3 day install quick. Take it from a pro big store mindset shipping don't mix with fine furniture... Think about it. It's subgrade materials passing off as solid wood... Only solid parts are door face and edges and only truly save 3-9% over custom solid builds. Unless you are pulling off the shelf and inspect it very very carefully.

As an installer and "design true" remodeling pro... I received many a constant flaw, damaged, scratched, blotched orders, restocked gouging, no door, forklift fork not needed in cabinet design, pantry= it twins leaning tower in Rome, forget the trim and toe kick that's extra, overlay cab door not what that means...man! Moments. For example yesterday's HD experience triggers this...

(Fred) one of my longest full time laborer said after delivery on window and other cabinets pending from previous delay "...Yesterdays HD order came (pause...sad lower tone)... It was like Christmas morning as a kid opening up presents. (Pause-deep messy broken inhale like a child's trying not to cry.) ... " "Then you find out your family religion does not practice Christmas and you get socks for your birthday on that same date. They are too small and not gender appropriate." Window was not retrofit and they took it off of the original shipping base and it warped out of square. And side panels to finish the job are not matching the color and 24/97 pantry has a forklift rubber in it with a peephole. Who freaking leaves their used beat up rubbers behind really... Pick up afterwards "que no!"

Construction guys are so funny... But it is unfortunately the only thing keeping us sane after this job. So. Cal Depot Indio CA. But not just here Santa Fe, NM, 2021 late July....this summer job I straight out told them cancelled. Not even going there. Too much other stuff going on... Do not need that used solid wood builder locally and gave me huge discount for upselling the bath for same customer after I told them 200 more saves us 4 week wait and bath vanity to match like she thought she wasn't going to be able to afford. And there it is... Last resort or rental fixes only or Flips etc. But off the shelves and inspect carefully... Work was not hard.

God bless,
    George R.

Owner CPM

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I ordered Cambria quartz for my bathroom based on multiple samples. The actual countertop did not match the samples but the installer broke my vanity cabinet "preparing" to install, without even installing the countertop. When I tried to cancel, Home Depot informed me that there was an 80% cancellation fee. Not only will they not provide a countertop that matches the samples, I now have a broken vanity cabinet, as well. And, Home Depot still wants me to pay 80%.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Horrible Home Depot contractor...StoneWorks in Largo! It was for a new countertop. The first cut of the Quartz countertop after measurements appeared to be wrong so they need to come back again = 4 days without kitchen. Ok it can happen..then were not able to send a plumber for reconnection of the new faucet and sink before the weekend of Labor Day: would have been 7 days without kitchen.. They propose us to get our own plumber to go faster before the weekend and they will reimburse..

Last thing they forgot to reconnect the cooktop (prepaid). I had to do myself...(risky I am not electrician..) Finally when the reconnection was finished by our plumber Roto Rooter, they did not want to reimburse the whole bill as they estimate it was too high! So my experience with Home depot which whom I was sharing my bad experience is that they should have had better help me to fight with the contractor instead of forwarding my emails to them or keep telling me the management is aware.. At the end I lost $350 because I surrender.. I was tired to chase..!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I placed the order for new kitchen cabinets at the end of June 2021. Measurements were taken the second week of July. Payment of over $10,000 taken in advance. Department does not answer calls or respond to emails. It's been almost 4 months and nothing. Highly unreliable service. Please do NOT use the Home Depot for ANYTHING. You are better off contacting a private contractor.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I had my kitchen redone by Home Depot. I had a damaged in the way the canopy molding on the top was made it has at the lake could come right through the damage. I called them over six times. This was done in January. It is now August. Not one person has shown up to fix this. Now as of today the bracket on holding the door underneath the sink came off. I would never do business with these people again. Beware because this is a very costly remodeling. These people are very irresponsible.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Buyers beware!!! When you purchase a countertop from Home Depot, understand that they subcontract to a third party. The third party becomes their representative. This means that, if you have any problem with the product, Home Depot will not back you up. Let me explain. I recently purchased a quartzite countertop from Home Depot. Their third party in Salt Lake City is Accent Countertops. The installers broke the countertop at the level of the sink. The break is irreparable because it is full thickness.

I was concerned about the integrity of the countertop. I asked for an independent assessment by a licensed stone contractor. His assessment was that the stone needed to be replaced. When I tried to negotiate with Accent countertop, they claimed that it was Home Depot's decision. When I called Home Depot, they said that they have nothing to do with it because Accent countertop represents them. Do not go with Home Depot, or for that matter Accent countertop. You will be disappointed.

Resolution response: July 14, 2021

Home Depot is working to resolve this issue.

Original review: May 21, 2021

On March 24th, I ordered countertops for my kitchen, at that time I was advised by my sales person of a timeline of 7-9 weeks from start to finish. On April 15th the installers came out to measure my kitchen for the final time. On the April 22nd, I followed up with Kathy Fithen, Customer Order Specialist and gave final payment for the countertop order. Kathy told me that the order will go into production on the following Monday, April 26th and would take 4 weeks. On Monday May 17th (which marked 4 weeks) I started calling Kathy to find out when my countertops were going to be delivered. After speaking to her, it was clear that she did not have the information I was requesting about my order so I called into customer service and escalated a ticket to get information on my order.

Today, I received a call from a representative of Home Depot, she told me there was a problem with the paperwork for my order which is why there is no information to provide me, she said that Home Depot was not made aware of the problem with the paperwork until they started to investigate the whereabouts of the order based on the escalation I filed. This means to me that -my order sat around on someone’s desk for 4 weeks with no attempts being made to resolve the problem within a timely manner.

Unfortunately, she could not tell me how much longer I would continue to be inconvenienced or when my order would be complete, she mentioned, WHEN they get the material it would still need to go through production, (4 additional weeks). Meanwhile, based on the original timeline I was given, I scheduled time off to be available for the installation of the countertops, I also ordered new appliances to be delivered around the 9th week, and have had to push the date out once already. So this is a huge inconvenience and bad business practices. The fact that somewhere along the way someone dropped the ball I don’t feel like I should be expected to carry this burden. I want the original timeline to be honored and my countertops to be installed within a reasonable timeframe. I would also like to know and feel like Home Depot cares about my business and wants to make every effort to correct this error and meet the expectations that were set with me.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My cabinets were finished in Feb 2020 and there are holes in the seams and chips throughout. They also chipped my countertops. I have been emailing Home Depot the entire time with little to no responses. I've asked for repairs or some level of a refund and NOTHING. I'm so disappointed and feel totally taken advantage of.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information