Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens

2.6/5 (625 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Kitchens

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

After this experience I will never use Home Depot again. It was the worst mistake of my life. I was look to refinish cabinets and replace countertops. The sales lady, Jennifer P from the Keller, TX store came out the first week of June of 2022. She measured. Gave me the quote. It was higher than I was hoping for but figured with Home Depot being big company, more overhead and Jennifer tells me that things are slower because of supply chain issues but because HD is able to get things faster than most due to their size and volume and I should have a pretty quick turnaround and they offer interest free financing for 2 years.

Red flag: HD charges 100% of the fee up front. I am a little concerned but Jennifer tells me about all the benefits that HD offers and they guarantee all their work. So I sign up. Then all the issues happened. After a month nothing happening and unanswered emails from Jennifer. I finally track down the installation group of HD. I learn my installation person is Victoria. After a week of calling, talking to other reps who won't help and keep telling me I have to talk to Victoria I finally get her to pick up. She tells me there is something wrong with my order and someone will call me. I ask her, "What," she says a measurement issue and a supervisor will call me to discuss. A few days go by no one contacts me. I call, leave VMs and can't get a hold of anyone.

I email Jennifer several time. No response. Then Jennifer emails me back saying she messed up and I need to sign a change order form and pay another $3000. I tell her, "No thanks" and I ask for her manager's number who is Danny. I call him and he tells me we can cancel the contract or pay more. I decline and think the deal is off and start seeking other bids. Then Danny calls me and lets me know HD decided to eat the cost and everything is back on. I tell him, "I want it cancelled." He said, "Sorry but since the price didn't change the project is still on." I am not happy. After another two months of calling and submitting BBB complaints. Victoria calls and lets me know she is looking to schedule an installation date. This is the end of September now. They install. They "refinish" the cabinets by slapping on white boards and molding.

The installation guy does a terrible job. Bad cuts. Nails sticking out. Reinstall the microwave incorrectly. So many issues and there were several doors which were the wrong size. So the guy tells me he will have to reorder the items that were wrong. Note they came out to measure 3 times. Then the countertop contractor calls to install the countertops. They show up. It is wrong size. They apologize and say they will contact HD. It is now the end of December. I have been calling and emailing them every few days. No response from anyone.

I am working with the dispute guy named Austin. He doesn't respond and closes out my BBB complaint. A new person calls named Joye. She tells me they have had the cabinet doors for 3 months and can now install them. The guy comes out and come to find they are the wrong door style, it doesn't match the others they installed. HD will not respond. No idea if they will ever get this fixed. It has been six months. Still not done and no end in sight. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT Services. Buyer you have been warned. I still can't believe how incompetent this company is. I will never use HD again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

We bought a pantry from Home Depot. Brought home to put together. The hole placements were all wrong on 6 of the pieces. Not enough screws and joints to put together. Plus they cut Styrofoam to pack it. We had to vacuum every piece. We took out of the box outside because all the white pieces were everywhere. Now in the truck and yard....

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Very bad service. They didn't tell me or let me know anything. I will not be doing business with them ever again. They are horrible for not telling me anything and not far for me. I don't understand why they can't be better to help customer out.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

We paid Home Depot almost 40,000 dollars last November for a kitchen that was never completed. We were sold a new countertop, backsplash and refinishing of cabinets. After 20 weeks of waiting and purchasing our hardware, new faucets and beginning the required prep work we finally received an update that we shouldn't have been sold the kitchen and they could not complete the work. Never mind the purchases we made and the demo we started on their instructions.

What is worse we didn't even learn this from the team that took our money we had to call other stores and have them check the notes to find out the job was going to be cancelled. We are out the money we spent, we have a partially torn up kitchen and we have still not gotten our money back. The manager we worked with is named Greg ** and he does not call back when he says, his voicemail has been full for weeks, and we gave this team every opportunity (12 months) to refund before writing this review. This is disappointing to say the least.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Needed to purchase a refrigerator. Went to HD looking, the salesperson wasn't interested when I said I was just looking for now. I found her again & asked about 33 inch wide refrigerators. She went around putting a Post It note on all the 33 in fridges then left again. I asked a salesperson. He let her know I had questions & I know I heard her say something derogatory & then came over. I told her I needed it delivered & installed, date of delivery, no show, called the hotline to find out why, not sure what they told me but I finally got it about a week or so later. Didn't know about the 48 hr thing.

The freezer door will only open - half way. It was still sitting in my kitchen with all the packaging still on so I called the hotline again & explained to them as I did with the salesperson, that I was not physically able to bend down & had no idea what to do. After much complaining on the hotline they sent someone out a few days later to set it up for me. I was home when it arrived but had to leave. Someone was there to make sure it was all done right but they indicated they do not set up the insides. One guy spoke no English & the other spoke very little English. I have learned to call the hotline to get action. HD policies needs serious attention and correction.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I say AMAZINGLY positive, only because I expected way less. This isn't my first rodeo with HD! Our other purchases were ranking in the -1 to 1 stars area for customer service, damaged merchandise thrown on my lawn, refusal to pick up said damaged item etc etc etc, NOT SO LONG AGO! I was relentless, with them and I’m sure they can even recall me by name!

If I rate this purchase alone, on overall experience, I would have to give this purchase a 4 star review. Not due to the delivery or merchandise as that went absolutely HITCH FREE! My issue was due to 'dispatch' not making that 'boasted' 30 minute call, before the delivery arrived. My rating is 5 stars because I believe HD went above and beyond after my last 3 experiences with them. My ratings have gone from an average of .5 stars for 3 purchases, to a 4 star experience. To me this is WAY ABOVE IMPROVEMENT! Thank you! And now for my experience….

I've had my issues with online purchases through Home Depot, but this time, they really did redeem themselves. I've been through the HORRIBLE delays, one company blaming the other, having to track down my purchase through a third party, damaged deliveries and other issues that should have sent me running to another supplier. So I didn't expect any different THIS go around. The issue for me was budget, because of course we always have lots of extra cash when our appliances decide to die on us, so I have to say I shopped Labor Day sales at several box stores. HD won by about $30. UGH!

While I wasn't impressed at first, I found that with my recent purchase, I was given a new feature of a tracking page that I found was in real time. I was given a 4 hour window for delivery, but in addition, I was able to track what number I was in line and how many deliveries were before me. While I DID get my item ON TIME and with respectful delivery people, I did NOT receive the promised phone call 30 minutes ahead of the delivery the website boasts. If it WAS MADE, they have neglected to update my phone number on their end of things, from my last 3 purchases. But I was tracking it all day and it worked out PERFECTLY!

I put 5 stars because this is an AMAZING change from the issues we had previously with HD and their following through with calls and returned calls. So hopefully next time I can give a 5 star rating on OVERALL SINGLE service! FINGERS CROSSED! Just REALLY HOPING THAT WON'T BE ANYTIME SOON WITH ANOTHER BLASTED DYING APPLIANCE! THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

We signed a contract with Home Depot to reface the cabinets in the kitchen, new countertops, and backsplash. I was told a crew would come out and begin the job. We had one man band come out to handle this job. Instead of just refacing the cabinets they redesigned my kitchen which we never asked for or wanted. The refacing of the cabinets were put on incorrectly. The backsplash which was supposed to be flush was sticking out and uneven. The backsplash was never even completed. He covered it up with our refrigerator where it was not done. The countertops were not what we ordered and were measured incorrectly. I had Cambria come out and look at the countertops and he even told me they were measured incorrectly. In the contract they billed us for a plumber that never came. We had to get our own plumber in here while the gentleman was still in the job. It took almost 2 months just to get that money back.

After numerous phone calls and finally going to corporate they came back out to look at the completed job. It was agreed-upon that they would come back, takeoff the backsplash and redo it and only replace one small countertop. They did not replace the big one which now has my range over too far and not even with it overhead fan. They did come back out and start but never finished. My kitchen is now torn apart and Unfinished. The gentleman took our electric out and we were even left with no electric in the kitchen. I got a phone call saying they would give me $1500 to have somebody come in and complete the job. I’ve had three estimates and the cheapest one was $24,000 to get this back correctly. I even had to pay for an electrician to get my electric connected. I was told the worker had a license to do electric but I can’t find it anywhere.

In the state of Pennsylvania, it’s my understanding that a contractor cannot ask for payment in full, as a down payment, only 1/3 of the price. In order to get this job done we had to pay approximately $27,000 upfront to start the job. As senior citizens on fixed-income this is a disgrace. Company as big as Home Depot would do this. Do not hire them. Save yourself the trouble. I have to now go to court to get my money back. The lawyer is going to cost me more money. Avoid Home Depot!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Updated on 10/04/2022: 4 months after original order, and receiving no paperwork for the order, I come home to find a letter sent UPS that notified me that I had a 3 day cancellation window. This is the first notification I had of any cancellation policy. 4 months too late!

Original Review: I scheduled an in-home estimate to decide if replacing or refacing was the best way to go. Upon entering my home I told the salesman what I was wanting to find out. He immediately told me my small kitchen would be 24k to replace. After the shock wore off I decided to let him tell me about the refacing. After going thru his sales pitch and seeing the products he's told me that refacing would be 14k. Still a bit shocking, but figured with a difference of 10k refacing was the way I should go. He then told me there was one problem, the wait for install was 8 months out. If I wanted to get on the schedule I would need to order and pay right away! I didn't want to wait that long, but figured I better get on the list or install would not be until into the next year.

Shortly after planning the order and paying, I began worrying that I had made a mistake. I decided to make an appointment with another home store to get more information. After doing a computer design of my kitchen, I was quoted just over 8k for replacing with NEW cabinets. I was furious that the HD salesman so quickly lied to me, telling me that the new cabinets would be 3 times the actual cost to replace with all new cabinets. And these new cabinets were the best of the 3 options available, not a discounted in-stock item.

I called to inform them I wanted to cancel my order and have my money refunded. I was told there would be a 35% cancellation fee, which I was never previously informed about, even though my project was still more than 5 months out! I advanced my complaint to Customer Care only to be given excuse after excuse and to have representatives continue to cover and make excuses for the salesman. This is how important customer service is to Home Depot! I was never advised of ANY cancellation fee, nor was I ever given any paperwork for the order.

All forms were signed electronically and no copy given to me. So, now I have filed the complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's office and am waiting to hear from them. This is how well Home Depot appreciates their loyal customers. I for one will never step for into one of their stores again, and will tell everyone I know just how they do business. Instead of fixing the problem they cover it up and continue to take advantage of their customers with their unscrupulous business practices.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We ordered kitchen cabinets for our renovation project. HD confirmed delivery July 21st. We received 50% of our order. We spoke to HD several times and each time they said it will be delivered or is out for delivery. They did confirm Coyote Logistics was suppose to deliver the 2nd half of our order. Several calls later and today is Aug 2nd, HD said our product is lost and there is nothing they can do about it., Too bad. This screw up is costing us $291 per day, but HD and all of their employees don’t care. Customer service is non-existent. Do not order anything from HD if they do not have the inventory in the store. They use JW and Coyote Logistics in AZ and these two companies could not find their right foot if they had to and HD doesn’t give a crap.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Nothing but a total nightmare from the beginning. I did the kitchen design process with a designer online, which apparently complicates things even more if you don't do it in store. Impossible for them to get in touch with the contractor, who only responds about once a week. Contractor also provided very vague estimate and I had to go back through my designer multiple times to ask the contractor additional questions. My advice, do your own quality assurance! My designer picked the wrong countertops, which I only caught because the price was different than what was listed online. Then the contractor wanted to charge for installation of 9 cabinets, while I only had 8. Contractor also said countertop people do the plumbing, which they don't because I called the countertop company and checked. But here's the best part..... I didn't find out until after I purchased my cabinets and countertops that they request payment in full for the labor!!! Who does that?!

I said I was ok with a down payment and then paying the remaining balance after the work was complete, but Home Depot wasn't having it. I would steer clear. I now have kitchen cabinets sitting in my living room with nobody to install them. In the process of hiring someone who can actually handle doing this job. Oh and I purchased cabinets from American Woodmark, recommended by the designer. I uploaded photos.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information