Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.30/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Kitchens?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I had been looking forward to having my kitchen remodeled for 15+ years. I finally had the chance to do so. My husband and I went to Home Depot in 2018 for a consultation. The lady told us it would take approximately 3 months. She had the cabinets pictured on the screen just like we wanted. It took them 3 and half months just to get started and 7 and a half months to finish. It’s been 2 years later and my cabinets are falling off the hedges, my plumbing is leaking off and on and my floor is lifting. I will never get another big project done from them again and not to mention we are out of a whole lot of money. Someone on the street could have done a better job. I’m only writing today because I’m sick of it, it’s 2 and half years later on October 9th 2020 at 10:20pm and my husband is trying to fix the leak under the sink again. The faucet is not on correctly so he has to put a bucket under the sink until he can get the tools to fix it tomorrow.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I designed my new kitchen with the help of the Home Depot kitchen designer at the Palm Coast FL store on Nov 10, 2019. The countertops were installed on Dec 26, 2019. Upon installation, I informed the installers, Crew2, that one of the peninsula countertops was too short, by 11 inches. They looked at my diagram, designed by the Home Depot kitchen specialist & they agreed that the countertop was too short. They made a phone call & I was assured that they would remake the countertop & they would call to set an appointment to install the new one. Upon further inspection, I noticed a large dull area, with noticeable scratches underneath, as well as sharp edges around the edge & on top of the countertops. The dull area, 6" by 5", I discovered later, was actually filler.

I waited for months, contacting the kitchen designer by phone & through email, asking for an update. She eventually sent a rep, March 14, 2020, from the granite people to look at my countertops. The rep contacted Crew2 & Crew2 came out on March 19, 2020 to look at the countertops. They told me that too much filler was used on all the countertops, looked at all the sharp edges & the drawings & agreed that all the countertops should be replaced. I waited a while, because of Covid, but I stopped into the store to speak with my kitchen designer. She gave me the business card of another person to contact. I called them several times, left messages, but they never called me back.

Eventually I called a Supervisor at Home Depot, Sept 8, 2020 requesting my money back if they could not fulfill what they had promised. I received a call from Crew2 on Sept 10, 2020, that they were remaking all my countertops. Then an email came from Crew2 on Sept 17, 2020 saying that I was not exempt from ADA guidelines & they couldn't remake the kitchen countertop that was too short because it did not conform to ADA standards. I am a private residence & therefore do not need to go by ADA standards. The opening on the design would have been a 37 inch opening, which is standard. I have left messages for the store manager, who had told me that I shouldn't have to be handling this, that my kitchen designer should be making sure this is corrected.

I called my kitchen designer & she told me that she was told she wasn't to deal with me anymore, that I needed to deal with another person who was now in charge of complaint. I have still not received a call from that person. I bought the cabinets, the appliances & the countertops when the designer helped me design my entire kitchen back on Nov 11, 2019. It's been over 9 months, since these countertops were installed & I'm still waiting for Home Depot to make this right.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I contracted with Home Depot to do a kitchen refacing. I was told it would be only three days. They are right if nothing goes wrong. I'm on three weeks now without a full functioning kitchen. A day after I paid in full, way, way over priced, I went to my local Home Depot store and saw they were having a sale on granite counters, 20% off. I went home and called asking for the 20% off. I was denied. I was given about 5 reasons why I was not entitled. After the counters were installed there were some problems. The counters were cut wrong and looked horrible. Mind you a guy came to laser measure a week prior.

After numerous calls and losing two weeks, and being told "that's how they are supposed to be" the company came back, trimmed the counter to size, sealed all openings on the sides (which wasn't done on the initial install). It took almost two weeks to do what should have been done on day one. There is a saying "You get what you paid for." I didn't, I paid an enormous amount, way over priced, and didn't get what I paid for. Avoid this service that Home Depot provides. It's terrible.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Beware of installation group used by Home Depot on lake Pleasant Parkway, Peoria, Arizona. From the estimator Scott to asst Mgr of installation Andrew to his Supervisor Bill and evening on to regional manager Dennis. Honesty and professionalism is nonexistent. Andrew continues to say, "I’ll handle and call you right back." Never once did that happen in a several week period. I had to keep calling back and get the run-around. We escalate it to Andrew's supervisor Bill and he performed the same.

Then supposed regional Mgr Dennis called and we informed him we wanted our money back. He “Ok I’ll get it rolling”. That was over a month ago (this has been going on since first of February). Last week Andrew called on May 22 saying “I heard you want to cancel order and get your money back”. “I’ll start the paperwork today and your check will be about 15 days out”.

This Friday May 29th he called and said, "They tried to refund money on May6th and your bank refused it." We immediately call our bank and there’s no record of that at all. This dishonest by Andrew, Chris, Bill and Dennis has gone on far too long. At this point if it comes out of Andrews's mouth it not the truth. I will stop at this point as there’s far more. As they have tried to cover up their actions with regional office without success. Regional office personnel have caught them and are very upset with the dishonesty. If you need counter tops. Go pick out your own and they will have a list of very honest and professional installers. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT INSTALLERS OR ESTIMATORS IN THE PHOENIX, ARIZONA AREA.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I purchased granite counters at Home Depot and this was the worst decision I ever made. My counters look so bad. They look dirty all the time. These are the worst granite I ever saw. I hate my kitchen now. I have been trying to complaint but they are not listening. It has been 8 months. My advice, do not ever purchase your counters from Home Depot. They hire very incompetent companies. I am so disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I met a contractor by the name Jason ** at the Valley Stream Home Depot and he explained to me that he works under Home Depot. He took me to the back to register My info in the system under his name and mine. He said the manager Frank is a good friend of his. My credit card was charge for products I never received. Then he introduced me to his girlfriend in the cabinet department. Her name is Kendra. We put a big order in for cabinets. She messed up the order where it was numerous exchanges. She stop answering our calls and left me stuck with extra cabinets and said I can't return them.

They sent 2 site manager to my house from Home Depot and American Woodmark. They said they see the problem and will fix it. After they left. he sent a few emails about the corrections. And stop communicating from there. It's more to the story with full proof of this situation. This store makes Home Depot look bad. It's sad that a store you really need can be so cold when it come to repairing your home. A place where you rest at night.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

We were remodeling our kitchen with new cabinets, countertops and appliances. I have always used Home Depot for material supplies such as drywall, paint, electrical supplies, etc.. We ordered $3000 of kitchen appliances and started the process of counter top and kitchen cabinet design. We had drew up plans for our kitchen and went to Home Depot to go over plans. They said we had to make an appointment. No problem, we made appointment online and went into store for appointment. Our designer was helping someone in appliances and after an hour waiting we left. We ended up working with a local supplier of kitchen cabinets and countertops. My opinion is these big box stores provide items within their store but greatly lack the skills and customer service required for kitchen design. I would think twice about using Home Depot for custom kitchen layout and design.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

If you want to avoid frustration and a bad experience pls do NOT order special order countertops from Home Depot. Their Quartz subcontractor is totally incompetent. Wasted 2 month and finally had to cancel the order. HD should be held liable for incompetence.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We ordered cabinets and they came damaged with chunks of the cabinet gone! They refuse to replace it!! Their customer service is terrible and they don't care about their customers at all. Broken products is unacceptable. They have lost our business and we are telling everyone we know what happened and to stay away as well.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

This was not my first negative experience with Home Depot, but I tried to give them another chance. I ordered kitchen cabinets and countertops for $10,000 and the cabinets arrived with several of the boxes crushed. My local store's kitchen department was not properly trained nor responsive and now they will not exchange or refund me and I'm stuck with cracked cabinets that I can't use. Customer service was a waste of time and I'm super disappointed. I will never shop there again nor can I recommend in good faith to family or friends. Save your hard-earned money and shop at a local cabinet store, not Home Depot!

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information