Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.30/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Kitchens?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 31, 2020

Beware of installation group used by Home Depot on lake Pleasant Parkway, Peoria, Arizona. From the estimator Scott to asst Mgr of installation Andrew to his Supervisor Bill and evening on to regional manager Dennis. Honesty and professionalism is nonexistent. Andrew continues to say, "I’ll handle and call you right back." Never once did that happen in a several week period. I had to keep calling back and get the run-around. We escalate it to Andrew's supervisor Bill and he performed the same.

Then supposed regional Mgr Dennis called and we informed him we wanted our money back. He “Ok I’ll get it rolling”. That was over a month ago (this has been going on since first of February). Last week Andrew called on May 22 saying “I heard you want to cancel order and get your money back”. “I’ll start the paperwork today and your check will be about 15 days out”.

This Friday May 29th he called and said, "They tried to refund money on May6th and your bank refused it." We immediately call our bank and there’s no record of that at all. This dishonest by Andrew, Chris, Bill and Dennis has gone on far too long. At this point if it comes out of Andrews's mouth it not the truth. I will stop at this point as there’s far more. As they have tried to cover up their actions with regional office without success. Regional office personnel have caught them and are very upset with the dishonesty. If you need counter tops. Go pick out your own and they will have a list of very honest and professional installers. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT INSTALLERS OR ESTIMATORS IN THE PHOENIX, ARIZONA AREA.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I purchased granite counters at Home Depot and this was the worst decision I ever made. My counters look so bad. They look dirty all the time. These are the worst granite I ever saw. I hate my kitchen now. I have been trying to complaint but they are not listening. It has been 8 months. My advice, do not ever purchase your counters from Home Depot. They hire very incompetent companies. I am so disappointed.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I met a contractor by the name Jason ** at the Valley Stream Home Depot and he explained to me that he works under Home Depot. He took me to the back to register My info in the system under his name and mine. He said the manager Frank is a good friend of his. My credit card was charge for products I never received. Then he introduced me to his girlfriend in the cabinet department. Her name is Kendra. We put a big order in for cabinets. She messed up the order where it was numerous exchanges. She stop answering our calls and left me stuck with extra cabinets and said I can't return them.

They sent 2 site manager to my house from Home Depot and American Woodmark. They said they see the problem and will fix it. After they left. he sent a few emails about the corrections. And stop communicating from there. It's more to the story with full proof of this situation. This store makes Home Depot look bad. It's sad that a store you really need can be so cold when it come to repairing your home. A place where you rest at night.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

We were remodeling our kitchen with new cabinets, countertops and appliances. I have always used Home Depot for material supplies such as drywall, paint, electrical supplies, etc.. We ordered $3000 of kitchen appliances and started the process of counter top and kitchen cabinet design. We had drew up plans for our kitchen and went to Home Depot to go over plans. They said we had to make an appointment. No problem, we made appointment online and went into store for appointment. Our designer was helping someone in appliances and after an hour waiting we left. We ended up working with a local supplier of kitchen cabinets and countertops. My opinion is these big box stores provide items within their store but greatly lack the skills and customer service required for kitchen design. I would think twice about using Home Depot for custom kitchen layout and design.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

If you want to avoid frustration and a bad experience pls do NOT order special order countertops from Home Depot. Their Quartz subcontractor is totally incompetent. Wasted 2 month and finally had to cancel the order. HD should be held liable for incompetence.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We ordered cabinets and they came damaged with chunks of the cabinet gone! They refuse to replace it!! Their customer service is terrible and they don't care about their customers at all. Broken products is unacceptable. They have lost our business and we are telling everyone we know what happened and to stay away as well.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

This was not my first negative experience with Home Depot, but I tried to give them another chance. I ordered kitchen cabinets and countertops for $10,000 and the cabinets arrived with several of the boxes crushed. My local store's kitchen department was not properly trained nor responsive and now they will not exchange or refund me and I'm stuck with cracked cabinets that I can't use. Customer service was a waste of time and I'm super disappointed. I will never shop there again nor can I recommend in good faith to family or friends. Save your hard-earned money and shop at a local cabinet store, not Home Depot!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Ok this project started in September when we first had the sales man come out from Home Depot and show us designs for Cabinet refacing, countertops and Backsplash. Chose out all three. We had an extra cabinet lower and upper installed. During the initial process we had the initial installer give a completion date of prior to the week before Thanksgiving. Ha Ha???? Little did we know the cabinets were coming from Canada and were going to be delayed by One week and we are the ones having to communicate with the contractors and not Home Depot. So the original dates given were backed up due to delay in the making of the new cabinet drawers and doors. Plus being caught up at Customs. So the cabinet guy finally makes it out and does excellent work. That part of the job is done.

Next Step countertop. Lack of communication again. The countertop was not ordered and said could not be ordered till the new cabinets were installed for measurements and installation. So back up on that as well. And major lack of communication between us, Home Depot, and the contractors also. The countertop should have actually been ordered in the start of the project when they had the initial measurements to work with. Home Depot has no local warehouse they keep items in and all have to be ordered and is usually on back order. When the installer for the countertop came out to do the measurements for the counter he just conveniently left a piece of paper in one of the drawers saying what the preinstall instructions were without even telling us it was there before he left. :(

It said we're responsible for moving the stove and dishwasher and possibly refrigerator also. Which means we would have to hire another outside contractor to do these at our cost as an additional cost on top of what we already paid. Luckily that did not happen. So the countertop guy finally makes it out after another delay in getting the counter from back order of course. We are also having another sink and faucet put in as well. He removed the sink and along with it takes our garbage disposal collar. Which is the next story of the next installer and an additional cost as well.

So the counter installer comes and installer comes and installs the counter. We're excited awesome new counter. He installs the new sink and faucet. However misses and does not drill a hole for the soap dispenser that came with the new faucet. So he had to be called back out and drilled the hole for it. All good. No. He drilled the hole where a support board was for the sink. Called him back and said, "Well just remove that board. It will be fine and the dispenser will be fine." Ok done. Well not really. The seam under the counter has cracks in it which he is going to have to come back out and repair.

Ok so onto the Plumbing for the sink being done. Lol. Sink guys come out and first thing they are missing is the garbage disposal collar which the counter guys took when they took out the sink. So we're told have to run and get one otherwise can't do the install. Additional 16 dollar cost. Oh fun is not over yet. The plumbers took out our under the sink water filtration system as told them was not going to use it. Guy said, "Well just sit it in the garage." Hmmm. Went out to lunch. Came back, looked in garage and huh. Nowhere to be found. Had to call and have that returned. Hmmm.

Oh but wait. We are finally onto the backsplash being installed at an additional 280.00 dollar expense. So the Backsplash guys come out on Monday and look at our walls and do a measure of the level of the new counter. Counter had a bow in it and we were never told that backsplash can't be installed on stucco walls. So we were told that we have to hire a drywall company to come out and flatten the stucco to have the backsplash put on. The guy says he will be out Tuesday morning. Nope, "Well sorry can't make it out till Tuesday night."

Our original appointment time with the backsplash guys were for Monday and Tuesday. But the installer said he would be back out Tuesday and Wednesday to do the grouting. HaHa. So now being told won't be till Friday because somehow our appt was given to someone else. Seriously after spending close to 28,000 and having to be the intermediary between the contractors and this project now going on 3 months since the initial sale. Has turned into a nightmare. What was supposed to be a nice addition for my Mom to enjoy has been nothing more than stressfully.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I will never do business again with Home Depot!!! They can't get the job done correctly!! Have had so many issue the first week of installation from broken parts been delivered to my home, to having to have my husband clean leaking water, from our sink that Home Depot just installed to having them ask us to go buy Parts for them! Just today the cabinets they ordered and measured got installed and they are the wrong size and it looks like half the cabinet door is missing! Never doing business again. I am so upset! As soon as I called to speak to someone in that department I got nothing but voicemails and still no call back! Go with another company, not Home Depot!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I bought my full kitchen from Home Depot in Edison, First of all some cabinet and door came broken and some door was wrong, when I complained about that they were not very helpful. I did wrote to Home depot. Complained about it but NO one answered back. I also bought some flooring and they did not have the molding for that at that time, I finished my flooring but still need the molding to finish it up. Now it's more than 2 months and I still do not got the molding which is already in order they keep on saying and postponing the date and says it's in backorder. My apartment is now delayed more than 2 months. Which should be rented by now. I lost couple of tenant and losing the rent because of Home Depot service and behavior.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information