Home Depot Kitchens

Compare Home Improvement Contractors

Research top Home Improvement Contractors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

11 months ago, the original Home Depot contractor arrived at our home to reface our kitchen cabinets. The guy was a total woodbutcher. He cut corners, tried to work too fast, tried to force things to fit rather than take the time to do it right, left streaks for contact cement all over our driveway, etc. About three months later the real horror show began. About 70% of the laminate began to bubble, peel at the joints, or separate from the surface it was glued to. Trying to get Home Depot to fix everything was a nightmare. They are incredibly disorganized. Orders were lost, people arrived at our home not knowing what they needed to do, without the right materials or tools. There was no coordination at all. After 11 months, a new installer, who we think we have some real confidence in, has just redone the whole job. Our fingers are crossed. This job was coordinated out of Ft. Myers, FL.

Terrible experience using Home Depot for new kitchen. Waited 6 weeks for cabinets & when they finally arrived & were installed 5 of the cabinets were a different design. It was very difficult to reach person who assisted us with the design (off for a few days, out to lunch). Would leave a message with someone else & receive no callback. I actually got in contact with the design person one day & she told me she couldn't talk because she was busy stocking shelves!

We finally got another sales person to correct the mistake. We had hired our own installer so it cost us extra to have replacement fronts put in. In addition to this they sent us the wrong crown molding & also made a mistake in the cabinet above the refrigerator & then wanted to charge me another $200 to correct it! It was a total disaster. I would never recommend them to anyone. The store we dealt with was located in Wilkes Barre Pa. On the positive side, the subcontractor they use for the granite countertops was really good.

We purchased a Maytag oven at Home Depot and were misinformed. We asked for a self cleaning oven and the salesman showed us an aqua lift system. Well 800.00 later we found out the system was just for minor spills. The oven has to be scrubbed and we are disabled. We called Maytag and they said that Home Depot will exchange it for us and when we called them they said they do not do that. So we are stuck. Suffice to say we will never shop at Home Depot or buy a Maytag appliance again.

My experience has not been satisfactory. I purchased a kitchen counter top recently (laminate) from Home Depot. They sent out a estimator to my home to measure the counter top. The following day I went to Home Depot & spoke with the designer regarding a change that was required on my laminate. I gave her the information, she entered the information into the computer & I thought we were done.

A week had passed & I received a call from the installer telling me that we could not get rounded edges for the laminate. He would have to come back & re-measure. My problem is that when the estimator was measuring & noticed that we had rounded edges why didn't he ask us if we wanted rounded edges. He should know. That's his business. Because we are selling our house & we are on a time crunch we cannot afford to wait for the estimator to come out & measure again. Not sure why he would have to re-measure. I only want round edges nothing else.

For that reason I will never recommend Home Depot for any kind of work. The same thing happened to my friend who had laminate installed by Home Depot. He was not advised he had choices. Home Depot needs people who are qualified. They should be a list of questions they ask the person that is having the work done. A very disappointed customer.

What a mess. I paid for the demolishing 500 in the store. Judy the sales person was very nice. I got sucked in... The guys came to my home and said they were placing the granite over my tiled kitchen. They weren't too happy with taking down the tile. Who puts granite on top of tile? I was scared to fight with them, they made a call and took it off. But they were rough in taking down the tiles and ripped the newly painted wall with the tiles. I have to paint in areas. I also had to get a electrician in to fix the electric outlets none in the wall in right they are just hanging... Not happy. Terrible communication with the phone systems at Home Depot, no one picks up the phone. I am disputing the charge for sure. Don't use them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Marathon FL store never buying anything again. I bought a kitchen and appliance. The kitchen had cabinets on back order I was never told about so 4 deliveries later and 3 months I get all the cabinets. The counter top was measured but they never ordered the Corian so a month goes by and I get a call from HD wanting to set up a template for the countertop. I tell them it was done a month ago. They then call me back and tell me the Corian was never ordered and it would be another month. I cancel the order and had the countertop made local in two weeks. Never order anything from HD. The appliances arrive and the stove is the wrong one 3 months later and 5 failed delivery attempts. The delivery CO never calls or shows up. I demand a refund and bought one stove local. Never order anything from the marathon FL store.

We are remodeling a kitchen in Ormond Beach, FL. We choose Home Depot since we are not familiar with our area. Big big mistake! The contractor, George **, verbally stood in our kitchen and told my husband and myself that it would take 6-8 weeks to complete the project and we agreed on a start date of January 1st, 2017. Excited we signed the contract.

Now reality sets in. Since we are out of state and trying to deal with this from afar things became more complicated. Apparently the verbal contract is a come on and what you end up signing is 6-12 weeks MINIMUM! They do not show up for weeks on end. If you would like pictures of the progress I would be more than happy to forward them to you. Wanted all other consumers to be very wary and take a lot of time reading all the fine print in the contract. Do not be carried away with excitement of the project because you will be extremely disappointed. Basically you would spend much less financially and certainly emotionally by going to a private kitchen remodel store. To be clear, we are dealing with Home Depot in Daytona Beach, FL. Please let me know your experience.

Went online and made an appointment with Home Depot for an in-home consultation for kitchen island refacing or replacing. HD called and said that the appointment that I had made online was actually unavailable. Then HD then said they weren't interested because it did not include the entire kitchen. In fact, most of the resurfacing space is coming from kitchen island since both front and back of the island is free standing. Customer service was rude and unaccommodating, and they refused to even hear me out. So I am going to Lowe's instead for everything else now.

I was excited but price is high, then it takes a long time. Choices are limited. Granite company put everything on hold and wants us to drive one hour to their company to drop standard sink to them?! Very sad, disappointed and betrayed by pricing. Do not even think about it, much cheaper with a contractor or local company.

My countertops were supposed to be installed 12/27/16, but because the cutout for the sink was measured incorrectly (the sink was onsite the day of the measure AND the employee had the sink template) quartz on the island couldn't be installed. Duracite was not willing to install any earlier than 1/5/17! In the meantime I had no functioning sink/dishwasher so Duracite agreed to install a temporary sink...well, they broke my air gap and the end of my dishwasher hose and didn't bother mentioning it when they installed my sink and countertop. Food from the disposal started backing into my dishwasher.

After several unsuccessful calls to Duracite and Home Depot, I tried to fix it myself, but because the setup was rigged I cannot use the dishwasher or the disposal. Finally, I was able to get Home Depot to take action and set up an appointment for Duracite to repair... and Duracite didn't show up or even call on the day of the appointment even though it had been confirmed the day before! I now have a stinky, unusable kitchen with beautiful quartz countertops. If your local Home Depot uses Duracite for countertop installation PLEASE go elsewhere. Trust me, the few extra hundred bucks is worth it to not have to deal with the nightmare that I am dealing with.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We went into HD store and were told a quote from your kitchen designer. Our estimated quote included ridiculously high travelling charges. We live approximately 100 km from the store. We were charged $98.00 for travelling charges and we were told it was "a one-time charge". We had a quote done for 65 sq. ft. of countertop. The total for the job was $5252.51. We only wanted approximately 32 sq. ft done totaling $3016.00. I receive a quote from the installer for $4655.43. The installer charged us an additional $150.00 plus additional travel costs of $117.00 and an additional $97.50. Also he charged $175 handling charges and $175 in charges for the corners being rounded and instead of charging us for 32 sq ft he charged us for 48 sq ft. Not sure how he came up with that number. We feel as seniors Home Depot tried to take advantage of us and mislead us. Don't say you weren't warned.

I wanted to remodel my kitchen. I bought the kitchen cabinets and granite countertops, including delivery installation from Home Depot, Store #6361 located at 6730 Memorial Hwy Tampa, FL 33615. Big, big, big mistake! The designer I worked with at the beginning of my project was a delightful young lady and did a great job. I couldn't be happier. Little I knew that once I sign the check, I will be working with someone else--neither nice nor professional. The delays in the delivery were so big, that instead of 2 weeks as planned, the project took 3 months. Frustrating. But I was happy it was over and never ever have to do business with them again. Or so I thought.

About 6 months later I noticed that the bottom of 2 cabinets had deformed. On closer look I discovered that they began to rot. They smelled like mold and began to crumble. Neither of these is under the sink!! I searched for water damage all over the kitchen floor. There was none. We even drilled holes at the bottom of the rotting cabinets. It was dry underneath. I went back to the store, explained the situation and asked them to fix it. Sent them pictures. Listen to everyone saying how they have never seen anything like this before. I send them another email. It's been over a month now, and still no response. Now I am in a position where I have spend few thousand dollars to fix the problem: remove the granite countertops, replace the bad cabinets Home Depot sold me, and install new countertops.

We went to Home Depot for a complete kitchen remodel for the new house that we have purchased. We spoke to a consultant and got everything worked out for the materials to be delivered. Never once during the meeting were we told the base cabinet for the sink would need trimming down to fit the farmhouse sink that we had purchased. Before we purchased the sink, I consulted with the person who helped us and sent her three different sinks that we liked and she told us which one would work best. During this time, we was never told that the cabinet would need trimming down or that the sink would be way too be big once it was trimmed down (got that information from a contractor). Now we had to return the sink and purchase a new one that is $300.00 more to fit into the cabinet once it can be trimmed down. This is delaying the process for the countertops and the backsplash to be installed.

On top of this we were never told that the cabinets had to be installed by Home Depot in order for someone from there to come out and fix the mistake that was made on their end. Also now we have to pay more out of pocket for someone to come out and trim the cabinets on top of the plumbing to be fixed to fit the new sink that we just purchased. We are not very happy and very frustrated at this point. Never again will we go with Home Depot for another renovation project.

My husband and I visiting Home Depot in Lakewood, NJ on 1/10/2017 to obtain basic information on kitchen cabinets and granite countertops for our new home. After standing around for 17 minutes while we watched 6 employees sit at their desks and talk not one willing to get up and ask if we had any questions. At this time, my husband interrupted the male employee and asked if he could answer some questions... His response was "No, I'm leaving in 15 minutes ~ make an appointment..."

We asked if there was someone else that could answer our question which he stated "I'm the only one who does this." Feeling disgusted at this point ~ I let all 6 employees know that we were in the market to redo our kitchen with a very large budget. We also told them, perhaps we'll go to another Home Depot where they will be happy to help. The female associate then stated "fine, go pay more in sales tax" as she rolled her eyes. We immediately reported them to the store manager. We were offered an "appointment" but not for 4 days ~ which is ridiculous. I hope that these 2 particular employees that work at this location in Lakewood, New Jersey are required to take customer service classes. The good news is we went somewhere else with our 35k budget!!!! You lose.

I would not recommend going to the Home Depot in Milltown, New Jersey to design a kitchen. We used this Home Depot to design our kitchen and found the communication at the store level to be extremely poor, the workmanship to be extremely poor, the quality of material to be extremely poor, and we were not happy with the end result of our kitchen. There were so many errors made in ordering our cabinets we were inconvenienced daily for nine months for the completion of our kitchen. I would highly recommend not using this Home Depot when designing your kitchen.

I ordered a new counter top, back splash and floor from Home Depot. HUGE MISTAKE. First, the subcontractor, Eastern Surfaces, came to measure for the counter top. I was told by Home Depot to make sure I had the new sink ready when the company came to measure because they would have to take it with them to properly cut the counter top. Well, they came to measure, said "no" they didn't need to take the sink and lo and behold THE COUNTER TOP WAS NOT CUT RIGHT and had to be re-cut by the installers. A large "hole" was left underneath from the re-cut and I allowed the company to come back 3 times to REPAIR my $2100 counter top so that the rest of the job could go on as scheduled and I'd have my new kitchen ready for the holidays.

The next job for the back splash and floor installation was to be done by Home Depot's subcontractor American Carpet Services "ACS". They scheduled a 3 day job with me: 2 days for the backsplash (because the sheet rock had to be cut out and replaced with cement board that it would "sit" on) and one day for the floor install. Well, 3 installers showed up on the scheduled morning and immediately complained that it took them 3 hours to get to my house, FROM ANOTHER STATE, and were very annoyed. To make a long story short, THEY RUSHED THROUGH THE JOB AND DID EVERYTHING THAT SAME DAY.

My husband called the company and questioned this and they told him it wasn't a problem, laughed at him and hung up. My husband then questioned the installers as to why they weren't using the supplies that THEIR COMPANY said were required to complete the job. They did NOT cut the sheetrock and use the cement board that was to be installed behind the backsplash and they did NOT use the sealer that was supposed to be used at the seam at the counter top. They told him not to worry, it would be fine. They went ahead and installed the back splash ON TOP OF THE GLUE FROM THE OLD BACK SPLASH THAT HAS BEEN ON THE WALL SINCE 1989.

The cement board was supposed to be installed in place of the sheet rock that was already there and they were in too much of a rush to do the job properly. Well, when I got home from work I immediately noticed that the backsplash was not completed on one side. I also saw that the installers left grout smeared on my fridge, stove, floor and counter top. Then I saw that some of the floorboards were defective as they had a black mark about 2" long that looked like they were scratched and there were spaces left between some of the boards. The next morning THE BACK SPLASH STARTED TO CRACK ALL ALONG THE SEAM AT THE COUNTER TOP.

I immediately complained to the store about the shoddy, sloppy work. The salesman was wonderful but I can't say the same about anyone else. The Store Manager was "bothered" every time I called and never returned my calls as she had promised. I was also promised many times that the District Manager from ACS would contact me and after a week of getting nasty voicemails from ACS, leaving no employee name and phony phone numbers, the District Manager finally called me. She said she would look into the situation and call me the next day to set up an appointment to have the problems resolved. Well that didn't happen for another week and by that time I had been so disrespected, lied to and put off. I told her I didn't want anyone from that company coming back into my home.

I then got in touch with Home Depot Corporate Offices in Atlanta, GA. I've been through 2 reps from the Resolution Dept. that constantly put me off and didn't resolve anything. I then filed a complaint with the BBB in Atlanta, GA and a rep from the Escalation Dept who first told me she was going to try and get me a full refund but decided a few days later that if I didn't let the subcontractors back into my home, there was nothing else to be done by Home Depot and they have closed their case. This has gone on since September, 2016.

My backsplash, which was never completed, is cracking more and more, now even up the wall, every day. I find pieces of grout daily that have fallen off. The counter top is now separating from the wall and is taking the cabinets with it. The film, left by the grout that was smeared, will not come off the counter top. The defective floor boards are popping up. I paid for a new kitchen and got shoddy, sloppy work that Home Depot feels I should be willing to have repaired by the same people that did the damage. I didn't spend nearly $5000 for a "Repairable" kitchen. I paid for a new kitchen and didn't get one. STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT!

My husband and I are investigating the options to remodel a kitchen. We are looking at options from as simple as refacing to replacing or a combination of both. The decision would include the purchase of different appliances based on maintaining the current floor plan or moving/removing an island. HD refacing contractor was scheduled to meet with us this evening. It was a NO SHOW. HD did not call us to cancel the appointment nor reschedule. I have made numerous calls to reschedule an appointment and attempt to speak to customer service. I wish we had reviewed the complaint/concern website before beginning this process. Apparently service is nonexistent. I am thankful that I have not spent any money or entered into a contract at this point.

Don't use HD for kitchen install in So. Florida! Apparently, HD uses just one contractor - J&G Carpentry - for all of So. Florida! They are painfully slow in processing information and documents. They have separate offices for permits, installations, engineering. Weeks go by before permits are issued for the work to begin. One of the problems is that their subs - engineers, mechanical guys - don't get things right the first time, so the permit gets put on hold waiting for corrections to be submitted and approved. That took three weeks! One office told me the corrections had been submitted when, in fact, they had not, for another week. Another cause of the delays is that their "expediter" is slow... Needed to be called by the customer when two days passed before he told contractor that corrections were needed. Who knows when construction will begin?! How can we trust the quality of the work, when they are so slow and disjointed?!

Buyer Beware. I ordered a custom kitchen from Home Depot. The brand I chose was Innermost because I wanted wood cabinetry and Innermost has a 13 inch box depth standard. They sent a subcontractor to measure the room. He only took one measurement from floor to ceiling. Turns out the ceiling was not completely level on both sides of the room - who knew? I sure did not and measuring is not my specialty. So the trim at the top of the kitchen is all uneven. He also mis-measured the width of one wall so they had to rig a few pieces of flat wood to make it work. The kitchen is modern and the curved wood did not match. When that was redone the installer added a bead trim that no one asked for and screwed up all the wood underneath.

Now that piece has to be reordered. The microwave did not fit into the space so the whole section of uppers had to be moved over. I also ordered an appliance package. I had to send 4 stoves back - finally accepting the 5th. Not because it was perfect but because it was the best up to that point and they refused to send any more. We are talking $2300 for a stove that doesn't close well. This entire experience has been horrific. Just to get to this point I had to schedule a face to face meeting with the store manager, the order manager and the kitchen and appliance manager. If I had to do it all over-- I would go somewhere else.

Bought through HD who sub-contracted to International Stone. Top was chipped, molding underneath was broken in three places and glued together, walls were damaged and left unrepaired. HD refused to help and insisted we work it out with sub-contractor. Still have $4,000 left to pay HD and nothing can be done about crappy job. Don't walk away from HD contractors, run!

We ordered a complete kitchen reno from Home Depot on March 27th, 2016. We were being bombarded with phone calls from their Project Service Centre, asking how we liked our new floors? (We didn't order new floors.) Our cabinets were being manufactured back East, the Project Service Centre confirmed the delivery date of our cabinets as being the first week in May, I called to confirm several times and was assured of delivery in store on that date. The installer told us we had to take our kitchen completely apart, we had to remove the sink, the cupboards, the countertops the stove and the fridge. The kitchen was taken apart by us in anticipation of receiving our brand new kitchen cupboards.

On the day of delivery our installer went to the store to pick up our new stove hood fan, farmhouse sink, faucet and cabinets. When he arrived he was told that all that had been shipped was cabinet doors. Meanwhile I went shopping with my sister in law to show her samples of what we had ordered and at that time the person who helped us in our local store informed me that nothing had arrived but the cabinet doors. So the installer had gone home. The store had done nothing. My husband was waiting at home for the install to begin but instead I only found out nothing was happening because I happened to go into the store on my own. At that time I also found out that the countertop I had ordered had been discontinued, there was a sign taped on the sample on the wall. Also no phone call to tell me that the countertop had to be changed.

So now we had no kitchen. No sink. No countertops. No cupboards. Just four empty walls and not even a phone call from Home Depot to say, "We are sorry." So for over six weeks we had to try to repair meals in a tiny bathroom sink, the bathroom is way down the hall and the sink and countertop were never designed for dishwashing or food preparation. We could not have friends or family over, we had to spend money on eating out which we had not budgeted for, we were under a great deal of stress, health wise this caused a lot of anxiety and problems for myself and my husband who suffers from Heart problems and Diabetes.

I called Home Depot multiple times, spent several hours being passed from person to person. I even called their Head Office in Atlanta because no one in Canada seemed to give a hoot about our situation. The problems have been ongoing, as has the stress level. The company is too big too disorganized and does not give a hoot about customer satisfaction. They care about volume, not people. They use B-grade installers and the results are installers who do not show up when they say they will, who cannot do the job properly or professionally as they were contracted to do, and customers who spend many thousands of dollars trying to have an enjoyable experience of upgrading their home to be able to enjoy entertaining family and friends, who instead are left without a functioning kitchen for 8 months, yes eight entire months, when the install was supposed to take a maximum of 6 weeks from start to finish.

The company is too big, too impersonal and only cares about profits and not customer satisfaction. They do not return phone calls, or emails to their customer service centre. They do however take money, make sure they get their profits from the customer and move on to treat other customers just as unprofessionally. All in all, I would advise people to go local, check references with people and never, ever go to Home Depot to have anything installed. There is no accountability for a job badly done, overpriced and dragging on and on. They do not care about their customers. Only about profits.

Here we are in December, eleven months after our initial order was placed and we still have doors that slam shut, gaps behind the cabinets, and no one at Home Depot willing to compensate us for the huge inconvenience this has been to our lives, our health, our home, our families. They should change their name to Home Despot. Or actually start to give a hoot about their customers, the people who pay their bills and keep their company functioning.

Hired Home Depot in Tracy Ca. {work orders come from the Sacramento/ Modesto stores} to reface cabinets and new countertops. That was in Aug. Was told would take 5 days. It is now going on three months and project is not finished due to shoddy work. Refacing started chipping and the cabinets the first day. Seams on laminated new doors are misaligned. Seams on refacing of cabinets are incorrect. One cabinet has no doors. Doors were hung uneven, flip out under sink was never done, Molding above doors were not butted together. New dish washer $1000.00 was scratched.

Have called many times and told new doors were ordered but not here yet, and refacing would be removed and redone when the new doors come in. In It is now November and the kitchen is still not finished and I don't think it ever will be. We paid upfront for this project And truly think we have lost our money. So BUYER BEWARE. I am so disappointed with the service we have gotten from Home Depot. Would not recommend them for this type of project or any project for that matter.

I wanted to have cabinets and a counter installed, double oven installed with surrounding cabinets. I actually am living in CA because of my job. I returned to VA for 2 weeks to get work done on the house and to visit family. I had previously had an island put in. The granite counter was done by a different company. I scheduled an appointment with Maria in kitchen design. I talked to Maria about what I wanted. This was in late October. I wanted the work done by Christmas because we had company coming. Maria said the work probably could not be completed before the holidays. She also made sure to tell me the cost would be 5 to 10k.

Since I wanted at least the cabinets around the sink and granite counter to match the island completed before the holidays, I purchased in store cabinets Hampton Bay and had a handyman install them. I also used the same company who had done the island and they sent someone that same week to measure for granite counters.

I called the Home Depot contractor to come and measure for the other work which included double oven cabinet, surrounding cabinets and upper cabinets. It took several missed calls and Chris telling me he was driving and would call me back when he got home and looked at his schedule. He didn't call me back so I called him the next day and we scheduled the measuring. When Chris arrived for the measuring he looked perturbed that I had already gotten the first part of the project done. He complained about the work done installing the sink area cabinets. Still he took measurements. He acted frustrated and said "You know there is a 750 dollar minimum." I said that was fine.

Anyway I did not have time to pick out the cabinets in Virginia and returned to CA. I tried calling Maria and it took several tries to reach her. Maria said the cabinets in CA would be different from the cabinets in VA even though Home Depot is a nationwide store. She said the cabinets would not match my in store purchased cabinets. I went to the Home Depot in Redlands and the person there was very helpful. I quickly determined that there was a custom Hampton bay which looked exactly the same as the store bought cabinets. The CA cabinet person said Hampton Bay should be available nationwide. I called Maria back. She wasn't working that day. I called the next day and told her my selection. Two days later she called to tell me Home Depot did not want to do the work because I had used other contractor to do the sink cabinets and counter.

So I wasted a day waiting for the measuring contractor and spent days trying to reach the persons involved with my kitchen work for no reason. Big waste of time. Still I asked if I could still order the double oven cabinet. "Fine" she said. "What are the measurements?" I answered the measurements are on the diagram Chris did for a 30" double oven cabinet. She said she couldn't use those and I would have to give her more precise measurements. All in all this was a terrible experience and a big waste of time with Home Depot.

In hindsight, with its usual clarity, I can see that the issues with the countertops that I had installed via a special at Home Depot, who then connected us to Precision Countertops, was flawed from the beginning. The biggest issues came as soon as I made the first phone call, as instructed by Home Depot, to Precision. First, I was told that the price quoted by Home Depot might not really exist. When I told the person on the phone that I had just come from Home Depot and the price still existed, he hemmed and hawed and so I took pictures that I showed to the first guy who came out to take the initial measurements.

That guy checked the photos, noted that there were just four color choices at that price, which was fine with me as I liked 2 of them. He took measurements and left. I had to wait a month to save up the rest of the money for the project. When I called the second time, I could not get through to the main number for the company (which appears to be in Oregon), so I called the first guy who had come out to do the measurements. He directed me to go back to Home Depot, which I did. We had to wait 45 minutes while the only person available to even talk with us at all, went over someone else's project. That was fine but making appointments would have been a better use of our time, and his.

I was instructed to pay for the project at that point. I received a 10% discount, which I had been told by the first person I talked with on the phone, was unavailable. I appreciated the discount. I assumed (silly me!) that that same guy who had done the first measurements would also do the "hard template" measurements. Nope! But I am getting ahead of myself. Before the "hard template" appointment could be made, I had to talk with someone at Precision. I tried for almost a week to get through. I was told over and over that "no one can answer your call" and to leave a message. The message was never returned. I also found out through experience with this company, that if they ever DID call, I had to be available at that magic moment, or I would once again be placed in the twilight zone of leaving messages that would never be returned.

So once I finally found a different phone number for the company and actually spoke with someone, a second set of guys came out to do the hard template. This was another frustration for me, as the company would give a time "window" that could be anywhere from 2-4 hours beyond the initial time. Which literally trapped me at home. The second set of guys took their measurements, which, thankfully, matched the first guy's measurements. I had also made it very clear at Home Depot when I paid, that if the measurements did not match up I was not in a position to pay any more. The next hurdle was actually scheduling the installation. Once again, I was not near the phone for the "magic moment" when Precision called, so I had to play phone tag until finally the connection was made. I received a confirmation e-mail 2 days before the first date for the installation. I confirmed, and arranged my schedule around the day of installation.

The following day, though, I received another call from Precision. Oops! Somehow the backsplash for my counters had not arrived. Wouldn't they have known that when they sent the confirmation?? As per this pattern, I once again was not near the phone when that call came through. I was actually moving all the stuff that needed to be moved so that the project could be completed. I seen the rest of the day calling every hour or two for clarification. I also sent one e-mail to the project manager, Kambra, that contained questions. At one point I begged them to return my call so I would know what to do. I also reminded them that this was a time-sensitive issue. I just kept getting the "no one can answer your call" message. My e-mail was also never answered.

So, the following week was when the phone call said the installation could happen. I received another confirmation, two days before installation. I confirmed it once again and added a note asking that no more last-minute changes be made. The day of the installation, a third set of people showed up. They did not know me or my project. They were not too far past their start time, just two hours instead of the maximum. They spoke Russian so when I heard one yelling at the other, I had no idea what the issues were. The counters looked fine, so I signed off on them. But discovered a disgusting mess in my toilet--one of the bouts of yelling included a lot of flushing of the toilet, but I was not alerted to any issue. My husband also discovered that he has to do major work on the sink as the installers crushed the tracks that the sink goes on. They also slightly pulled out the dishwasher, so that we have now to level it again.

This, according to Precision, who called this morning, is "to be expected" when "this type of work" is done. I tried to ask why it is acceptable to have no accountability and no customer service, but by that time had run into the vicious circle track where the operator just repeated the same stuff over and over. So, long story short: I did get the counters. But it was a very painful process that I would not wish on anyone I am writing this mainly to warn other customers. In the future I will find a company I can actually talk to, if I need more work done.

I ordered new granite countertops on 9/14/16. Here it is, 10/28/16, and I still can't get a straight answer on when the installation will take place. Some 2-3 week delivery! No one calls, I have to initiate all conversations. I hesitate to say they lie, but nothing happens. The old tops were removed a month ago, so no functional kitchen. And may I note: Home Depot insists on full, upfront payment. Never again.

Wow I wish I had read these complaints before going to Home Depot. Let me start by saying I thought I read the reviews but what I read was product reviews on the cabinets not on Home Depot service. My contractor whom has done a lot of remodeling for us referred us to Home Depot or Lowe's for kitchen cabinets. We looked at cabinets at both and decided to go with Home Depot. Since we are adding a kitchen in the basement...we did not want anything expensive installed such as granite tops or expensive cabinets therefore we selected the in-store cabinets. But the color and height we wanted was considered a SPECIAL ORDER. "No problem" we said..."so what's the timeline?" "Two-weeks" we were told. So we picked the cabinets and the color and paid for everything. My contractor had provided the ceiling height 8 ft and the wall weight 12 ft to give to Home Depot.

He said they would tell us everything we needed. Home Depot and Lowe's recommended 30 height cabinets. We didn't know any better so we trusted they knew what they were talking about. We went with Home Depot measurement. We ordered 10 cabinets for our 12 ft wall. Once delivered is when the problems all started. Upon delivery of the cabinets approximately 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, they only delivered 9 cabinets. When the contractor put two of the cabinets up he called me down to see how they look and I couldn't even reach the cabinets without a step-ladder and the microwave would have been above my head. No that's not going to work! So he said he could move the very thing cabinet down but that would leave a big gap at the top because the trim is only 2.75 and will not cover the entire gap. Plus he could not finish installing the cabinets because the middle cabinet is missing.

He didn't want to guess at the space needed...neither did I want him too. So I called Home Depot, they weren't sure what happen, so wanted to look in the warehouse and call me back. Well no one called me back. So I called them. Now they tell me if they can't find it they will call me before placing another special order. Well they didn't call me but placed a new special order anyway. I found this out when I decided to stop by Home Depot in person the next day. Also I wanted to let the cabinet advisor know that the cabinet height he recommended wasn't the right height. I am 5.5 so I am regular height. He went on saying 30 height cabinets are the standard height for an 8 ft wall. I said I research on that from professional cabinet installers and was told an 8 ft wall standards are 36 or 42 heights. Because cabinets should be 54 in from the floor. He kept saying that 30 height cabinets are the standard.

Needless to say I reordered 36 height cabinets. Of course I cannot return the two cabinets with holds in them...so I am out of $215 dollars. He said this is another special order so it will take another two-weeks. Mind you I still have not gotten my one missing cabinet yet. We returned the untouched cabinets but not without a fight. They wanted to charge us a restocking fee of 15%. They said if their contractor had made the measurement then I could have had the 15% waived. Of course now I am upset because no one has offer any compensation to us for waiting on the one cabinet not delivered but you want me to pay a 15% restocking fee on cabinets you recommended. Well after getting my blood pressure up they decided to break even because we are still waiting on our missing cabinet. That was 3 weeks ago.

My missing one cabinet has finally arrive but we have to wait another two weeks for the other 5 cabinets to arrive from the vendor because they were special ordered. If they do arrive in a week my cabinet order process would be 2 months. Who knew it would take this long? I could have made my own cabinets quicker than Home Depot special order process. If it's not in the store already do not trust ordering anything from Home Depot or Lowe's. We had a similar waiting disaster with Lowe's. We ordered an oven/ microwave combo. They couldn't seem to get them both in at the same time but they were said to be available on their website and in store for pick up. But they were not. We eventually had them deliver the oven to our home and we went and picked up the microwave from another store.

My husband wanted me to get a new kitchen for our anniversary ❤️. On August 17, 2016 I went to Home Depot ask for a project loan, I was approved for 7,500.00??? I was so happy. I told my husband, So I started looking at kitchen cabinets the same day. Then I talk to the kitchen designer Lee **, The first thing I need to do is hire a Home Depot contractor. I would have to pay 100. For a Home Depot contractor to come to my house to measure my kitchen, I said that, "Fine - have him come out to my house". So I left.

On August 18,2016 Home Depot contractor called me "Steve **". He sounded very confused on which day he should come by, so we finally agreed on Saturday August 20 at 11 am. Today August 20, 2016 11am no sign of Home Depot contractor, it's 11:45 am. Steve finally shows up??? I showed steve my kitchen, gave steve a idea how I wanted my kitchen to be laid out, so steve measured my kitchen, I ask what all I was doing to my kitchen, I'm getting a new floor, putting insulation up in the front walls, putting up new drywall, new counters/cabinets.

Steve said that his company can do it all, I said great??? We had agreement that he would remodel my whole kitchen. I said that I needed my kitchen done by September 15, 2016. Steve said, "No problem Mrs **. We will have it done by then." Steve would send me a idealized bill showing all what he is going to do and how much it was going to cost me. I told Steve that I only had 7,500.00, steve said that he already knew? I was mad??? He shouldn't have known Anything about how much I'm allowed to spend, Steve had a file of information on my project that was not right. Steve was only supposed to measure my kitchen, So anyway steve said that he would e-mail me the idealized bill of the work that he is going to do on my kitchen on Sunday or Monday.

On August 22,2016 I called my kitchen designer to see if he received Steve measurements. Lee said, "Yes, so come down and pick out your cabinets/counter tops"??? I pick out my cabinets/counters then Lee ** Designed my dream kitchen??, then he e-mailed them to Steve that afternoon, August 22, 23, 24, part of 25, Lee has been trying to get a hold of Steve so we can get started on my kitchen. Steve never replied to Lee.

I was getting very emotional, stressful, panicking, frustrated, neglected??? It's bad enough. I'm not in good health, I just got over a acute hemorrhage (part of your brain is bleeding). I'm on high blood pressure medication because my blood pressure is too dang high, and I'm on anxiety medication. I had a deadline to meet and Steve was wasting valuable time??, so I had to hire some contractors on my own to get part of the work done. August 25, 2016 I called the Home Depot. I wanted to talk to a manager, but I had to talk to a assistant manager. I told her my situation I was having and I had to hire my own contractor and I wanted my money back $1,800.00. She said that she would look into it. On August 26 I called and the assistant manager answered again. She said that she would talk to the Manager personally.

On August 26, 2016 I went to Home Depot and spoke to Lee to see if he can get me another contractor, I can't wait any longer. August 27 I ordered my cabinets, dishwasher, large refrigerator. I went looking for the manager to see if she spoke to her assistant manager about the problem I was having. I spoke to Mellisa the store manager about the problem I was having with their cabinet contractor because Steve was negligent with the contract. He had with me to start my project and I need another contractor, and I'm spending money out of my own pocket.

I need the project done by September 15, Mellisa said she would look into it and would call me Monday. I didn't feel comfortable with that so I called customer care service, spoke to collect, told them my story. Collect said that she would speak to the store manager and call me Monday. I really needed a contractor to help me with my project, my husband was way too busy. He is a over the road truck driver. He is hardly home.

August 27, 28, 29, 2016 my kitchen was getting gutted, this was coming out of our pocket??? Monday August 29 Mellisa store manager called said that she couldn't do nothing about it. "I can only give you your 100 back for hiring the contractor"??? I don't want my money back. I need another contractor, she said, "Sorry. That's all I can do for you", I was devastated. I had 17 days till my anniversary party. They promised my kitchen would be done.

I had to tell my husband - he is a retired veteran. I dare to ask for a discount for a veteran. I told him the situation I was having. He got very upset. He was going to call his veteran lawyer to tell him how Home Depot was treating us. I told him, "No, I don't want more drama", So my husband took a week off work with No Pay to help with the kitchen. Now we are out 1,300 paycheck.

Collect from customer service sent me a letter, saying, "I apologize for the inconvenience you may experienced regarding your kitchen installation. Our goal at the Home Depot is to provide you with the best customer service experience possible." Really why didn't your guy give me another contractor to finished my kitchen, that's why I agreed to have my kitchen by one of your contractors, not me and my husband pay out of pocket for this mess really. You're a joke mrs. **.

My Dream kitchen turned into a freakin nightmare. I'm going thru a lot at of health issues right now and I have to deal with this crap, no one seems to want to help us out with this situation??? September 1, 2016 I called corporate customer service. I wanted to speak to someone hire up to help me with my situation with Home Depot. They said that they're sorry, "We can't help you with that. You already spoke to customer service."

September 12, 2016 I received a call from Columbus saying that my cabinets are done, they're sitting in the warehouse ready to be delivered, great??? My cabinets will be in just in time before September 15. September 13, 14, 15, I haven't heard nothing about my cabinets. I called Home Depot, spoke to customer service. They said that I put a hold on my cabinets and they will not be in till OCTOBER 5. Really what the heck is going on. I'm about to have a heart attack because Home Depot keeps playing games and it's costing me money.

September 16,2016 I called corporate, talk to andrian, told her what was going and how I was being treated and I wanted to speak to the district manager at Home Depot, andrian said that she was so sorry for the inconvenience that I'm going thru and she e-mailed the district manager that day. It was sap to get a hold of me!

I called Lee and told him what customer service said that I will not be getting my cabinets till October 5. He was so mad. He called Columbus, Lee said they should be here on the September 22-2016, 25 days. On September 23-2016, I called corporate - talk to Margaret, told her my situation and the district manager never reach out to me to help me and try to resolve this situation - never got me another contractor. He never gave a crap about me a loyal customer, a veteran of the usa - no respect. She said she was really sorry and no one should go thru this. Margaret e-mailed the district manager right away while she was still talking to me. I told her, "I wanted to speak to Craig Menear. Tell him how we are being mistreated, and disrespecting a veteran."

On September 24-2016, we started to put up our new cabinets, guess what the contractor measured the kitchen wrong, we can only put up some of the top ones, and we have to exchange to cabinets to get smaller ones. REALLY SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL OCTOBER 17 to get my kitchen done. I have no countertops, sink, stove, no food to cook for my family, no place to wash dishes, and everything from the kitchen is moved to the living room. I feel like I'm living in a third world country.

Me and my family have been living like this for almost 3 months, no one ever reach out to us from Home Depot. We spent 5,050.00 out of our own pocket. We had to spend our kids Christmas fund, so there will be no Christmas for us. It was all spent on my DREAM KITCHEN THAT TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE FROM HELL, AND I HOPE MR CRAIG MENEAR AND HIS SHAREHOLDERS READS THIS. Thanks B.B.B for reading my story. I'm a nervous wreck right now, my poor husband tries to help??? I will never plan a project with Home Depot again.

From the very start, the kitchen remodel / flooring project was frustrating and weighed down by very poor customer service. Our initial consultation went well, but after not hearing back about scheduling the square footage measure, we found that our design manager had left HD for greener pastures and no one had taken the time to contact her clients. We were given another design manager who was a very smooth talker, but as time proved, very inept at his job. We were missing 7 different components, several being reordered 2-3 times as we received the wrong color or style. Nearly 4 months later we are still waiting on a shelf and knife block.

Each time, promises are made that the issues have been resolved only to result in rapidly growing disappointment. Every category of interaction had problems, from initial payment needing to be cancelled, cleared and repaid (over $45k), cabinets installed incorrect, shoddy molding work, wrong measurements, cabinet doors installed unlevel by an 1/8th of an inch and large screws put in visible places. Our next nightmare will be to review the flawed bill that includes being charged for 2 extra cabinets being installed, "rush" charges we were asked to pay due to their ordering issues. If there were negative stars, I would give Home Depot 5. Do not consider them for remodeling services. Save yourself heartache and stress.

Let me begin by saying that I thought it would be a great idea to have a company I trusted such as Home Depot to remodel my kitchen at around a $10,000 dollars budgeting... Boy was I extremely wrong. They were not only behind on said completion time by weeks... when stating it would only take four days. They also tried to push in designs choices for which I had never agreed to from the beginning. They never came prepared with all the needed materials and were not detailed in the customer's needs as they seemed to be promoting the initial project. The workmanship was half-assed from the start... (Excuse the French) just making a relative point... Even more so when it came to the many flawed discoveries living within the kitchen on a daily basis. You realize more and more things that the workers skimmed by and showed no detail concern... Or figured "This will work at least until I collect pay and can run away."

I will not continue to make this review longer by running on with my disdain for this company's remolding practices. I would just suggest to anyone looking to raise their property value or even create a charming atmosphere for which to live in comfort. Please retain a different company to handle your remodeling needs. This is not the one.

Given my experience, I cannot recommend the design services. I have listed the events below to demonstrate the ineptitude of the personnel at store #6828. On July 2, 2016, I paid for the design services. I spoke with project designer and emailed my specifications to the store management with instructions to forward the data to the designer. According to the project designer, he had no email address. On July 6, 2016, a representative of Home Depot arrived at my house and took measurements of the kitchen and master bath. On July 30, 2016, I spoke with the project designer. He admitted no work had been done on my project. We set up a meeting for August 27, 2016.

On August 27, 2016, the project designer was unavailable along with any design proposals. On August 29, 2016, I demanded a full refund for services not rendered. On August 31, 2016, a refund of $99.00 was issued. The chronology above illustrates the time loss in finalizing my kitchen remodel. Home Depot provides many services well, however design services is not one of them. Buyer beware!

Home Depot Kitchens Company Profile