Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

376 Home Depot Kitchens Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I ordered my new custom designed kitchen cabinets from Home Depot Newmarket, Ontario on April 3. I was told it would be delivered in 4-6 weeks. The supplier was Fabritec. The order finally came 9 1/2 weeks later. The order was a disaster. Items were missing, some were incorrect sizes, most other items were damaged. Everyone apologized, said they would fix it, blah, blah. 2 months later the missing and incorrect items show up and they are STILL the wrong sizes and damaged.

It has now been almost 5 months and half my kitchen is still waiting for replacement pieces or missing items. At best the items will arrive in good condition in the next 2 months...making the promised delivery of 4-6 weeks ACTUALLY 7 MONTHS. Home Depot says they have no influence over Fabritec and how quickly or the quality of the cabinets. Yet they are the ones selling and promoting the crap! I paid over $14,000 to Home Depot for a very small 10 x 10 kitchen, only the cabinets and not the installation and now they tell me they have no control or influence over the supplier. WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS BUY ANYTHING...ESPECIALLY A KITCHEN FROM HOME DEPOT OR FABRITEC AGAIN. Worst consumer experience I've ever had.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Home Depot kitchen cabinet refacing and countertop installation, a significant expense, was a very unpleasant experience for me. After a number of calls and emails, since placing my work order six months ago, the work remains incomplete and no inspection has taken place. Cabinet face boards has began to peel, even before using the cabinets and an open hole is now, where there was none before, under my countertop. Once the charge was placed against my card, I found the salesperson and project team to be very unresponsive and inconsiderate - never responded to my emails or phone calls.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We had an initial consultation back in April, it's now July and we haven't heard or seen anyone! Although the bills for the job have been steadily coming in like clockwork, which that is another story. The salesperson stated that their contract with Home Depot is on the line and if we do not give them a 5 start review they potentially lose the contract. To which I would say, nice job! We cannot get the Salesperson to call us back and give us answers to what's going on, why the loan is screwed up, etc. And the contractor has only responded through email and only AFTER we make multiple calls and attempts via email to find out what is going on. GreenTree lending is an absolute joke!

Our loan is supposed to be interest only for the first 6 months so I have been paying more each month to pay down the principal. The problem is they apply your payment this month to the next month’s bill, so all your extra principal payment is covering the interest and fees. And they won't fix it! Matt ** is our contractor and is a lazy liar. He'll tell the saleswoman that he called us and has been in contact when in fact he hasn't. (when we can get the salesperson to call us.) Home Depot, terminate your relationship with this vendor, they are dragging your name into the toilet!!! Do NOT EVER do business with Home Depot's kitchen cabinet refacing program!!! I'm $11k into a pit of hell!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Started a kitchen remodel with 2 bathroom vanities and hall reface of linen cabinet. Was told 1st phase of project would be 6-8 weeks. Told that on Feb. 20. They didn’t start the count from there. Cabinets ordered and arrived for delivery just before Easter. Delayed until Tuesday after Easter. Then wait to be scheduled for install. Cabinet installer was fabulous. Countertops couldn’t come to do template until 1 week later. Told that day, May 15th that countertops would be ready for install in 2-3 weeks. No. At almost 4 weeks from template was told they haven’t even done them. It will now be another 2 weeks.

Have been without a sink since old cabinets were torn out. Manager at Home Depot basically implied everything was normal. My problem.. I didn’t address that they questioned whether I had paid for countertops. I paid when I ordered. I will never purchase anything through Home Depot again. I purchased windows through them last year and was happy. Thought I could trust them to not string me along. Very, very disappointed. Average time for kitchen remodel according to internet sources is 6-8 weeks. Mine won’t be done in 3 months plus and that is phase 1. I am trapped. Buy from someone else.

Original review: June 5, 2019

On February 20 2019 Home Depot was to start a reno on the kitchen in our condo using the north Surrey Home Depot. Once they showed up to begin work they realized the largest counter had been left off the order and was not there. This resulted in them not being able to complete the cupboard installation. Because they only realized this part way through they had already torn out the old counter and cupboards and had installed the cupboards they had. This left the kitchen unusable. We were told it would be 2 weeks until they got the new cupboards. It was actually April 15 2019 before they installed the missing cupboards.

When they disconnected my old dishwasher they forgot to cap off the pipe so when our neighbours ran their dishwasher the dirty dishwater came spurting up into the cabinets they had just installed. There was also a second leak in another pipe caused by them. They had us find plumbers to fix the situation and Home Depot paid them but it didn't help the stink in my kitchen from the cupboards. The measurements were not done correctly despite my sending them the specs for the new appliances and the fridge has a huge gap around it on all sides and it looks terrible. I was told they could put in trim to hide that but this was never done.

On February 21 the floor installation people were supposed to show up - they did not. They finally got there two days later. On February 22 the counter installation people did show up but couldn't do the job because the cupboards were not installed. They finally installed the rest of the cupboards (including replacing the damaged one) on April 15. This was 2 MONTHS later. Not 2 WEEKS later.

When they finally came in to measure for the counters - the quote went from $3300 to $4200. At this time we decided we'd had enough and did not want to continue with Home Depot. We requested that they refund the money we had already paid them for the Backsplash tiles and installation. We were told they had given the tiles to someone therefore would not refund the cost. They did not give them to me so I have no clue who picked them up. This is their responsibility to keep track of - not mine.

We are now currently out the money for the backsplash, the compensation they had promised us for work days taken off to be there and they didn't show up and our kitchen is only half done. We have tried to come to an agreement with them but they keep changing the contact person for us while telling us no one else has authority to talk to us about the case. We are now on our seventh Home Depot representative (Vikas, Rhonda, Jim, Jim #2, Chris, Steve and Lupna) and have gotten nowhere. Despite promises they NEVER return phone calls. Don't use this company. When something goes wrong they will not help you and they will not honor their promises!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 29, 2019

I wish I had seen the other reviews on this site before ordering cabinets from Home Depot - our story is repeated over and over again here. It took 4 weeks of hounding them after the promised delivery date to confirm an actual delivery date, and then we got 1 days notice for an out-of-town delivery - and had to unload the truck by hand, as their pallet jack broke. Some cabinets were the wrong size, some drawers didn't fit, some cabinets were incomplete, some fittings were not what we ordered, and they included 4 doors and 22 handles that we didn't order! Everything was covered in dirt as they had been sitting somewhere for weeks.

The replacement pieces took a few more weeks of hounding to order and receive, and then they came with a different style of slider hardware so we had to remove and remount them all. Too many build quality problems to list, but they include drawer sliders pulling off of the cabinet wall as they were insufficiently attached, drawer faces partially held on by stripped screws, broken finger-jointing that had been glued together at the factory, etc. It has been six months since we raised our first concerns, and we are still being stalled for our requests for compensation. We paid a LOT of money for these cabinets, and will need to spend a bunch more time fixing their poor quality. We really regret not going with a smaller, local company that would be responsive and accountable - it's not like they could make a worse quality cabinet!

Original review: April 30, 2019

It's been almost ONE YEAR!!!! Do not use Home Depot as the contractor for KraftMaid cabinets. We placed our order 4/25/18. The products arrived in June. There were significant problems with the product we received. If we had a problem with the paint, wrong doors or poor quality we were placed in the back of the production queue. It takes four to six weeks to get the replacements. No expedites by the vendor (KraftMaid) or contractor (Home Depot). No communication as to when the replacements would arrive. It is March 20th 2019. We are still waiting for replacement doors. Almost one year from the date we ordered and paid in full for the cabinets

Why go to Home Depot for help? Why use Home Depot to purchase and install the cabinets. Very poor follow-up. No help from Home Depot to assist with the delivery of replacements. We only heard from a manager once. That was as a result of our complaints due to not hearing anything regarding our problem. He left and no one told us.

As far as KraftMaid. They became adversarial especially their local district salesman. He became sarcastic. We went to the Regional Manager for KraftMaid. He has been helpful. The problem was simple. The quality control by KraftMaid was poor. If we found defects like cracks or holidays in the painted surface etc we went to the back of the production queue as I mentioned earlier. It took WEEKS to receive replacements. Do not use Home Depot as a contractor for a product purchase including installation. The contractor doing the cabinet installation was EXCELLENT NOT HAPPY, NOT HAPPY.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Thinking about a new kitchen? Considering using the Home Depot? My husband and I did too. I signed for ours on July 28, 2018 and it's still not finished! Home Depot has not delivered, they don't know how to execute, they do not communicate or manage. We chose white cabinets by KraftMaid. We've had to order over forty doors due to imperfections in the finish. Not only did KraftMaid blame us, the customer, stating that our standards are too high but so did a Home Depot store manager simply saying we are too picky. And there is concrete acknowledgement from KraftMaid regarding their own door finish problems or they wouldn't keep sending replacements.

Installation is not within industry standards as we have cabinets coming apart, uneven trim, shims falling out and other problems. Maybe it has something to do with the cabinet that is cut on an angle; not square. This experience has truly been a nightmare. It is only natural for the customer to expect a quality door finish as well as quality installation that reflects the high price tag. My advice to you is to choose a small-town store to give you the kitchen of your dreams!

Original review: March 28, 2019

They reschedule us 5 times. One of the time I had to cancel out vacation plans because the contractor told us that, "If not this week then we are busy for the next 2 months." To accommodate us the Assistant manager named Brett called and said he will give us 10% off and disappear. We could not get hold of him for next 8 months. We are still fighting for our discount and they are just ignoring us. Highly not recommended.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Went into HD for granite counter tops in kitchen and bathrooms. 7k this is Dec 2018. HD subcontractor come out with demo crew to demo tile countertops. Crew of three with their carelessness they didn't put a cloth on my tile flooring instead of a cardboard. The mortar from old countertops demo crew puts chips all throughout the kitchen flooring and crack a kitchen window.

HD immediately take care of window but flooring goes through there insurance company Sedgwick!!! Sedgwick sends out another third party adjuster. He gives Sedgwick his finding. Sedgwick is not returning any calls after a months of damage floors. This remodel is for to sale property. Cost me more money just sitting waiting for Sedgwick HD insurance to cover flooring. If don't hear something in next week file lawsuit breach of contract both subcontractor and HD.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information