Home Depot Kitchens

Stars Rating

• 0%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
    Staff

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Please do not do any business with kitchen remodeling at Home Depo. They are a bunch of crooks so is the sales team. We had our kitchen countertops replaced to new ones and their contractor messed up on my wall stove measurements. It’s been 3 months. We are now in May 2024 trying to fix the mess. We now have an open case against them that we had to file, please RUN.. to buy little stuff is fine, but to do big jobs heck no.

Mina

Hi, I am having the same problem. It’s been 2 years and my kitchen is sitting in my living room floor. Have you resolved the problem? Did you get a lawyer? What can we do?

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 1, 2024

On December 12 Home Depot sent someone to measure for a granite countertop. I went to the warehouse and selected that actual slab that the project was to be made of. The kitchen is small and should have been all from one slab. January 11, they put in the counter surface and said they needed to return to measure for the backsplash. The countertop was made too long and when the new refrigerator came a week later it could not be installed. It took another two months and numerous phone calls, and they came with a backsplash that was cut from a different piece of stone and did not match the countertop. A manager came to look at it and said they would get it done and he took a piece of the countertop with him.

Three more weeks went by, and they came back with another backsplash that didn't match and had two seams in it. I told them it was not acceptable, and they took the piece of countertop with them. Three more weeks went by, and they sent two emails and said they were coming the next day. I took the afternoon off once again and they never showed up. My kitchen is still torn up and Home Depot is unable to match the original color, so they suggested finishing it with new tile. I picked out tile, had it measured and got an estimate. Now for an additional 2700 they said they would do the work, but they don't feel the need to compensate me or complete the job, even though they were paid in full for a completed countertop and backsplash, not to mention the 6 days I have taken off of work to wait for them. Apparently, the picture below is how Home Depot likes to remodel kitchens. Honestly, I am not sure this even deserves a one star.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed March 12, 2024

I have been trying to coordinate with the Coquitlam Kitchen Designer for weeks and weeks and have found this process to be exceptionally long. Designers hours are limited, her approach is inflexible, it has taken nearly 3 weeks since measurements were taken (that we paid for!) to get her to update our quote / design. The design was completed done and approved, less the final measurements, over 2 months ago so the delay is on the fault of the store. Her quotes, so far, have lacked details that were asked for and we have had to remind her several times about the original selections.

Originally she said the cabinets would be available in two weeks, now she's saying 5-6 weeks. I feel this is a bit of a bait and switch because we might have selected a different vendor if that was the case. It also leaves me concerned if her dates are correct at all. Haven't completed the install yet, but wanted to share my poor experience with the design service.

Customer ServiceCoveragePriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

My wife and I purchased four lower kitchen cabinets online for installation by our contractor. First bad experience: The delivery people were just going to leave the cabinets on the walk in front of our porch steps, exposed to the Michigan elements. They said that was all that was required of them. I had to pay them $40 dollars for them to bring them up the few steps to our covered porch.

Second bad experience: Upon our contractor opening the packaging, three of the four cabinets were damaged. The contractor could repair two of them but the third needed to be replaced. I called the Saginaw, MI store #2714 to ask about a replacement. I was told to bring the cabinet back to the store for a refund. I have a compact car so I don't know how this was going to be achieved. He said no, it had to be my wife or me. I had to order a replacement which cost almost $25 more than the same cabinet purchased previously. I asked to have the shipment expedited quickly because of the delay it caused to the project. Nope, nothing can be done. I has to come from the warehouse and it will take two weeks for delivery. No other options.

Third bad experience but it's related to the second: I found out that the store in Flint MI, forty miles to the south of me, has them in stock. Apparently the person I spoke to didn't think about that possibility.

So all in all, poor quality items, poor quality shipping, extremely poor customer service after the fact.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

On Oct. 28th 2023 we purchased new quartz countertops from Home Depot to be installed when Kitchen was complete. When they came to install in December of 2024 after measurements were taken, we noticed during installation that the countertops were too tight against our stove and they were pushing in on it our new stove, when we asked them about it before they left, they said that's how it is supposed to be, we then mentioned some other issues and they again said that's how it is. They were very hard to understand as they were employees of a different language, and they also had a hard time understanding me and kept repeating. I did let the company know, but all my complaints were not validated.

When it came time to install new flooring a week after cabinet install, our flooring person could not get stove out to put new flooring under, as the countertops were smooshing the stove in. We had to remove the cabinet between stove and frig to get stove out, we asked them to come back and trim countertop like it should have been from the start, I also mentioned again about the countertops being so uneven (seen in photos with level), I was told they are fine again, then the workers decided to yell on the phone to their manager in Spanish. Then they said we might be charged for them coming back out, I argued that I told them from the beginning, but they said it was supposed to be that tight. I have never had these kind of countertops or even countertops ever installed before and I did not know better.

Fast forward all our complaints were thrown back at me, like I did not know anything, and they did, even from Home Depot at the end. Two weeks ago, when our installer for our backsplash came to install our backsplash, he also told us that the countertops are so uneven and not measured or installed right that he will have to modify our backsplash and we will have to caulk a lot more then we should make things level. We even have large spaces between walls and countertop, so much he had trouble keeping the backsplash from not sinking down between countertop and wall.

Home Depot was good in the beginning, but then blamed us in the end and the company they sent to install these countertops was beyond unprofessional and rude. They did not care about our kitchen or home in any way and they ended up costing us more with the other work that had to be done because of their installation being so off. I am requesting a full refund at this time for our costs and a countertop that is uneven throughout which is still causing troubles. I sent pictures and details to both Home Depot and AMC after installation and was told by Home Depot that it's AMC's issue and AMC said pretty much, they didn't care. Never will I shop or spend a dime at Home Depot, I am out almost 4K with crappy countertops installation.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupContract & TermsCoverageStaff

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2023

Worst part of our entire remodel. Aside from having to come out 7 times, to take me away from my job, Dieter had promised to make the excessive problems and negligence right. He later disappeared, as all of them have done many times over the process. Our countertops were installed incorrectly, where the drawer would not open because the sink was moved forward (per Dieter's insistence). Initially I had asked Dieter 3 times, why it "needed" to be moved forward. Finally he just stopped responding to me and it was what it was. Until, I found out that it caused the issue with the drawer.

This made them have to come back out, which is when the real issues began. They again took me away from my work to send out two unskilled laborers to fix the issue; sawing and grinding dust and debris all over our brand new kitchen (it covered the entirety of the room and the appliances, as well as our table from my wife's recently deceased grandmother). - All of this, because Dieter insisted that the sink be moved forward, after I pleaded with him that it not be.

Essentially this can all be linked to Dieter's poor decision making... During the "fix" of the initial issue, the laborers carelessly used and left running out Alexa show all day, spewed dust all over everything, chipped our counter new marble countertop, damaged our brand new cabinets, and more. Dieter then insisted that he come out to look at the issues in person, thus taking me away from my job, once again - after I had told him that, if I were to do this again, it would need to be for a good reason. He made promises, after seeing everything that he would fix it (replace the items), and then disappeared; cutting off all contact. Insult to injury fits Dieter's decisions. Sadly he was the one who created the "injury" in the first place, only to insult afterwards.

They make promises that are never kept, they do not install anything properly the first time, they will damage and break things that you own in the process, and then take you away from your livelihood, only to turn their backs on you in the end. Absolutely the worst experience of any and all remodels I have ever done. I plan to make sure that Home Depot knows of all of these reviews and my situation. Hopefully they will do the right thing and take away their contract with them. Everything could have been fine, Dieter. Instead you refused to reply to us and leave us broken. That is the reason for this review.

Profile pic of the author.
      Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2023

Our Kitchen was designed by an incompetent person that overcharged us for items that could not be installed. It took 2 YEARS to complete!!!! Do not use Home Depot!!! Our entire kitchen laid in our dining room and garage!! No cabinet doors, horrible installation and installers that screamed profanity and threw material through my garage into my driveway. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT DESIGN EVER!!!!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2023

Contacted HD Install team numerous times since July with no response. Paid $150 for install of new kitchen cabinet. Escalated to Customer Service and STILL no response. Product is defective and they won't acknowledge. On August 6th a technician came to my house to look at another peeled kitchen cabinet door which was already replaced by Home Depot back in 2020. I made the case that their Thermo Foil Cabinet product is NOT intended for install near stoves, ovens or anywhere where there is heat. This is noted in the product warranty BUT no one explained that to me.

I am now on the 5th door that needed to be replaced. Have left 9 VMs to install team since June 26th with no response. Left 2 VM recently with Customer Service with no response. Detail: Install group 626-333-2001 #2 and Customer Service Resolution Expediter 800-910-6704; #**. Extremely frustrating because I need resolution and have doors replaced. I also do not feel that I should pay for doors to be replaced because they are defective in the fact that they are not of high quality to be placed in kitchens near heat. Thank you Steven.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

I ordered kitchen cabinet refacing in October 2022. Was told installation in February but did not happen. Called, email, voice-mail, texts. No response. Store finally told me, materials were shipped to HD on Jan 28th but it sat in the warehouse. Finally somebody responded to my email and informed me installation on May 22nd 2023. Installation started, installer left the project unfinished on May 23rd. Never heard again until June 26th. July 7th, called for install date of Aug 11th. Today they called to cancel. It's coming to its 10th month since place the order. Most ridiculous service, they should not offer this service if they can't deliver. Service people are liars.

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2023

Purchased a bathroom vanity. When unpackaged it, shelf was broken. Returned to store and had two different employees in the department request I return the shelf that was broke, and they would replace it. Department manager got involved and refused to replace it. Very abrupt & rude. Absolutely never returning to the Home Depot on Sweden Way in Richmond.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information