Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Kitchens?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: April 29, 2021

My cabinets were finished in Feb 2020 and there are holes in the seams and chips throughout. They also chipped my countertops. I have been emailing Home Depot the entire time with little to no responses. I've asked for repairs or some level of a refund and NOTHING. I'm so disappointed and feel totally taken advantage of.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Home Depot installed a sink exactly the size available from the cabinet. If you want to replace it, you can't do it. It was installed like 8 years ago, but one day it fell down from one side. I contacted. They did not care. The installers (a third party named MR stone) told me to come home and fix it. They would charge me 250 dollars, as if it was new. I did for nothing, just bought some sink holders for 30 dollars. It cost me 3 hours. Home Depot did not even send someone to check it out.

I won't recommend Home Depot for sink renovations at all, because you do not have support after.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: March 16, 2021

Finally the unfinished work was completed after nearly a month. I would have been a happy customer if this work was done all at once.

Original review: March 7, 2021

We recently changed our kitchen countertops through Home Depot. The work wasn't finished because they ran out of granite as they wasted the piece trying to make holes for the electric outlet. It was difficult for them to cut the opening so we decided to close the outlet. They said they would be back next week to finish the work. It's been two weeks since then and they never came back. It is causing a lot of inconvenience with the unfinished work. There was also a groove in the backsplash they installed and I'm not sure how they are going to fix whenever they are going to come back to install.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Unless you are flipping a house or not going to keep your house very long. DONT Do IT!!! After 6 months drawers are starting to fail. Trim is coming loose. And this is with only two very careful homeowners. They use subcontractor for everything which gives them a great excuse to blame the other guy for any problems. One guy promised the world, then disappeared to Florida, then next guy does the same. My list: lots of nail holes not filled, large gaps between joints, easy close slides failing, apron sink installed very shoddy, gaps between quartz countertops and support brackets, so no support at all, trim falling off because it was not nailed correctly, doors that don’t close because they hit trim.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

With my kids grown and out of the house, I began redoing the entire house. Paid HD $7,000 up front, because they MAKE YOU, then waited 5 months to get install scheduled. The day before install I called the countertop company that HOME DEPOT chose, English Countertops, and they hired them and paid them directly, not me, and asked if there would be a lot of dust and if yes would they be putting up tarps. I was told there wouldn’t be any dust but I needed to disconnect reverse osmosis system and dishwasher.

Thank goodness I didn’t believe Kyle and ran to Dollar Tree to buy 7 thin plastic tarps to especially drape over and protect new reclining living room couch and reclining loveseat and new 75” flat screen tv and good thing because as all the other reviews stated, the NIGHTMARE was about to begin and boy if I could only turn back time to before this countertop place entered my home and destroyed my new Samsung black Stainless fridge by DENTING the front (after I babied this bad boy, wiping only with a microfiber towel and with the grain ) and in 9 hours it was destroyed.

They scratched the left front trying to WEDGE a quartz piece in between it and my stove and also put a deeper scratch further on left side 3/4 to the back and took off the paint, down to the silver and the 3 hours late plumber walking in to the countertop guys already demo-ing and breaking up the old tile countertop going around and under my new drop in KRAUS sink cuz they couldn’t wait any longer on this guy who had a tool belt on packed with I 1,000 screwdrivers that he didn’t need and ended up gouged the entire length of the faceplate of my 1 yr old dishwasher and I’m still waiting on the Kyle guy to keep his word and replace it and my fridge. They showed zero respect to my home and personal property and continue to HIDE. They also can’t even caulk and it looks like a blind dog did it.

They gouged up my newly painted walls, cut (2) large 12x4 holes in my cabinet walls to get to sink and didn’t even go thru it or use it and they could’ve just measured it to begin with instead of going to such extremes. Then they didn’t even repair it and just left it for me to repair. They coulda just left me the pieces and I (a girl) would have spackled the pieces BACK IN hello. Then they proceeded to “clean up”, I guess you’d call it, but wiped all my brand new appliances with the same filthy dirty milky white grout dust and quartz dust, bucket of water also used to wipe off the 1” of grout dust sitting on top of my new dishwasher and off THE FLOOR. Those grout granules scratched and ruined my fridge, dishwasher and micro to the point they have a scratched grey look along with the cloudy milky film that stills remains, I can’t get it off and I’ve tried many different things.

I’ve never used anything abrasive. I’ve never used anything with chemicals. I’ve always taken exceptional good care of my stuff and always looked just as good as the day I got them. I use to love my kitchen even with the old tile countertop but thought after all new appliances I should upgrade the countertop. Now that will be a decision that I will forever regret and actually don’t even want to be in my house anymore. I just want to move and sell it, after being in it and my kids growing up in it for over 20+ years. The glory of new countertops faded the same day that they were put in and they mean zilch to me. They’re so ugly anyway and trying to find what I like and would look good off a 1x2” sample is ludicrous; impossible, and for such a huge decision and certainly not a cheap one, you would think that a trustworthy company like HD would have a simple, logical way for the customer to get some kind of idea. But haha wrong again.

The lady working with me at my Las Vegas Serene Home Depot knew I didn’t want anything busy. She was supposed to be working with me and coaching me. Key word: SUPPOSED to. She knew I wanted more of a solid WHITE but said that what ended up being installed would look very nice. Well it doesn’t and I knew it wouldn’t. It’s ugly bathroom looking, VERY busy and CREME COLOR. I had creme. Why would I want that again with my black cabinets. Now I’m stuck hating it to the point I don’t want to look at it or be in the kitchen or even in the house. I want to MOVE. AFTER 20 years. How can this be?? I never got to look at the quartz countertop before it was cut and brought to my home the day of installation.

I never got anything but a guy from English coming to my house with this hi tech laser beam to measure everything precisely which I admit was wonderfully reassuring but that must just be part of their deception, nothing was installed precisely everything from the beginning to the end. Was just a mind blowing ball of destruction and lies, chaos and craziness and it was all so unnecessary. And nobody’s returning calls from HD or English after they haha PROMISE to follow up and call us. I want my appliances back to the condition they were pre-install. They had no business damaging them and if they thought that was going to be a problem they should’ve protected them with some thing that would’ve taken (5) minutes to do and probably cost $1.00.

Bottom line HD hired them and they are HD’s “employees” and FULLY responsible for any screw ups. Nobody returns calls and they just blow us off just like everybody else. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. There are OBVIOUSLY NO BUSINESS ETHICS. Where’s the BBB? This cannot go on and something needs to be done people. We aren’t talking just a couple $100 and it’s not one State, it’s in EVERY State! We are getting “scammed” by a once reputable hardware store and that’s against the law people.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

The end result looks good from a distance, but the quality is crap. We had our cabinet makeover done in September 2019. First of all, there was a mistake in the order that I did not catch before signing on the date of install. As a result, one of our upper cabinets did not get refaced on the bottom, so it does not match the rest of the cabinets. Second, we ordered knobs for the doors that did not arrive with the rest of the materials. At the suggestion of our consultant, we had two of our cabinets with shelves and doors to be replaced with 3 large drawers, with the idea that I could store my pots and pans in the drawers for easy access. Well, the first time I tried to put my pots and pans in one of the drawers, one of the supports for the drawer fell out of the cabinet wall! The installer had to come back to fix it and to install the knobs.

Needless to say, I can't store my heavy stuff in any of the drawers. And despite the installer spending lots of time trying to make sure all the drawers were straight, one of them still isn't quite right, and catches on the one below it. Then, one of the knobs kept falling off. I replaced the screw with a longer one, so now it stays on, but it is loose. A few months after installation, our silverware drawer fell out. The glide tracks were only held in place with one screw, where there were holes for 3. Now, one of our cabinet door hinges is all wonky, and it's only been a year! I think the biggest problem is our existing cabinet walls are not strong enough to handle the updates. We should have been advised as such and told that a makeover was not an option. I feel like the consultant just wanted to make the sale. We probably could have bought all new pre-made cabinets and had them installed for less than what we spent on the makeover.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I had been looking forward to having my kitchen remodeled for 15+ years. I finally had the chance to do so. My husband and I went to Home Depot in 2018 for a consultation. The lady told us it would take approximately 3 months. She had the cabinets pictured on the screen just like we wanted. It took them 3 and half months just to get started and 7 and a half months to finish. It’s been 2 years later and my cabinets are falling off the hedges, my plumbing is leaking off and on and my floor is lifting. I will never get another big project done from them again and not to mention we are out of a whole lot of money. Someone on the street could have done a better job. I’m only writing today because I’m sick of it, it’s 2 and half years later on October 9th 2020 at 10:20pm and my husband is trying to fix the leak under the sink again. The faucet is not on correctly so he has to put a bucket under the sink until he can get the tools to fix it tomorrow.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I designed my new kitchen with the help of the Home Depot kitchen designer at the Palm Coast FL store on Nov 10, 2019. The countertops were installed on Dec 26, 2019. Upon installation, I informed the installers, Crew2, that one of the peninsula countertops was too short, by 11 inches. They looked at my diagram, designed by the Home Depot kitchen specialist & they agreed that the countertop was too short. They made a phone call & I was assured that they would remake the countertop & they would call to set an appointment to install the new one. Upon further inspection, I noticed a large dull area, with noticeable scratches underneath, as well as sharp edges around the edge & on top of the countertops. The dull area, 6" by 5", I discovered later, was actually filler.

I waited for months, contacting the kitchen designer by phone & through email, asking for an update. She eventually sent a rep, March 14, 2020, from the granite people to look at my countertops. The rep contacted Crew2 & Crew2 came out on March 19, 2020 to look at the countertops. They told me that too much filler was used on all the countertops, looked at all the sharp edges & the drawings & agreed that all the countertops should be replaced. I waited a while, because of Covid, but I stopped into the store to speak with my kitchen designer. She gave me the business card of another person to contact. I called them several times, left messages, but they never called me back.

Eventually I called a Supervisor at Home Depot, Sept 8, 2020 requesting my money back if they could not fulfill what they had promised. I received a call from Crew2 on Sept 10, 2020, that they were remaking all my countertops. Then an email came from Crew2 on Sept 17, 2020 saying that I was not exempt from ADA guidelines & they couldn't remake the kitchen countertop that was too short because it did not conform to ADA standards. I am a private residence & therefore do not need to go by ADA standards. The opening on the design would have been a 37 inch opening, which is standard. I have left messages for the store manager, who had told me that I shouldn't have to be handling this, that my kitchen designer should be making sure this is corrected.

I called my kitchen designer & she told me that she was told she wasn't to deal with me anymore, that I needed to deal with another person who was now in charge of complaint. I have still not received a call from that person. I bought the cabinets, the appliances & the countertops when the designer helped me design my entire kitchen back on Nov 11, 2019. It's been over 9 months, since these countertops were installed & I'm still waiting for Home Depot to make this right.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I contracted with Home Depot to do a kitchen refacing. I was told it would be only three days. They are right if nothing goes wrong. I'm on three weeks now without a full functioning kitchen. A day after I paid in full, way, way over priced, I went to my local Home Depot store and saw they were having a sale on granite counters, 20% off. I went home and called asking for the 20% off. I was denied. I was given about 5 reasons why I was not entitled. After the counters were installed there were some problems. The counters were cut wrong and looked horrible. Mind you a guy came to laser measure a week prior.

After numerous calls and losing two weeks, and being told "that's how they are supposed to be" the company came back, trimmed the counter to size, sealed all openings on the sides (which wasn't done on the initial install). It took almost two weeks to do what should have been done on day one. There is a saying "You get what you paid for." I didn't, I paid an enormous amount, way over priced, and didn't get what I paid for. Avoid this service that Home Depot provides. It's terrible.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Beware of installation group used by Home Depot on lake Pleasant Parkway, Peoria, Arizona. From the estimator Scott to asst Mgr of installation Andrew to his Supervisor Bill and evening on to regional manager Dennis. Honesty and professionalism is nonexistent. Andrew continues to say, "I’ll handle and call you right back." Never once did that happen in a several week period. I had to keep calling back and get the run-around. We escalate it to Andrew's supervisor Bill and he performed the same.

Then supposed regional Mgr Dennis called and we informed him we wanted our money back. He “Ok I’ll get it rolling”. That was over a month ago (this has been going on since first of February). Last week Andrew called on May 22 saying “I heard you want to cancel order and get your money back”. “I’ll start the paperwork today and your check will be about 15 days out”.

This Friday May 29th he called and said, "They tried to refund money on May6th and your bank refused it." We immediately call our bank and there’s no record of that at all. This dishonest by Andrew, Chris, Bill and Dennis has gone on far too long. At this point if it comes out of Andrews's mouth it not the truth. I will stop at this point as there’s far more. As they have tried to cover up their actions with regional office without success. Regional office personnel have caught them and are very upset with the dishonesty. If you need counter tops. Go pick out your own and they will have a list of very honest and professional installers. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT INSTALLERS OR ESTIMATORS IN THE PHOENIX, ARIZONA AREA.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information