Home Depot Kitchens

Compare Home Improvement Contractors

Research top Home Improvement Contractors recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Went online and made an appointment with Home Depot for an in-home consultation for kitchen island refacing or replacing. HD called and said that the appointment that I had made online was actually unavailable. Then HD then said they weren't interested because it did not include the entire kitchen. In fact, most of the resurfacing space is coming from kitchen island since both front and back of the island is free standing. Customer service was rude and unaccommodating, and they refused to even hear me out. So I am going to Lowe's instead for everything else now.

I was excited but price is high, then it takes a long time. Choices are limited. Granite company put everything on hold and wants us to drive one hour to their company to drop standard sink to them?! Very sad, disappointed and betrayed by pricing. Do not even think about it, much cheaper with a contractor or local company.

My countertops were supposed to be installed 12/27/16, but because the cutout for the sink was measured incorrectly (the sink was onsite the day of the measure AND the employee had the sink template) quartz on the island couldn't be installed. Duracite was not willing to install any earlier than 1/5/17! In the meantime I had no functioning sink/dishwasher so Duracite agreed to install a temporary sink...well, they broke my air gap and the end of my dishwasher hose and didn't bother mentioning it when they installed my sink and countertop. Food from the disposal started backing into my dishwasher.

After several unsuccessful calls to Duracite and Home Depot, I tried to fix it myself, but because the setup was rigged I cannot use the dishwasher or the disposal. Finally, I was able to get Home Depot to take action and set up an appointment for Duracite to repair... and Duracite didn't show up or even call on the day of the appointment even though it had been confirmed the day before! I now have a stinky, unusable kitchen with beautiful quartz countertops. If your local Home Depot uses Duracite for countertop installation PLEASE go elsewhere. Trust me, the few extra hundred bucks is worth it to not have to deal with the nightmare that I am dealing with.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We went into HD store and were told a quote from your kitchen designer. Our estimated quote included ridiculously high travelling charges. We live approximately 100 km from the store. We were charged $98.00 for travelling charges and we were told it was "a one-time charge". We had a quote done for 65 sq. ft. of countertop. The total for the job was $5252.51. We only wanted approximately 32 sq. ft done totaling $3016.00. I receive a quote from the installer for $4655.43. The installer charged us an additional $150.00 plus additional travel costs of $117.00 and an additional $97.50. Also he charged $175 handling charges and $175 in charges for the corners being rounded and instead of charging us for 32 sq ft he charged us for 48 sq ft. Not sure how he came up with that number. We feel as seniors Home Depot tried to take advantage of us and mislead us. Don't say you weren't warned.

I wanted to remodel my kitchen. I bought the kitchen cabinets and granite countertops, including delivery installation from Home Depot, Store #6361 located at 6730 Memorial Hwy Tampa, FL 33615. Big, big, big mistake! The designer I worked with at the beginning of my project was a delightful young lady and did a great job. I couldn't be happier. Little I knew that once I sign the check, I will be working with someone else--neither nice nor professional. The delays in the delivery were so big, that instead of 2 weeks as planned, the project took 3 months. Frustrating. But I was happy it was over and never ever have to do business with them again. Or so I thought.

About 6 months later I noticed that the bottom of 2 cabinets had deformed. On closer look I discovered that they began to rot. They smelled like mold and began to crumble. Neither of these is under the sink!! I searched for water damage all over the kitchen floor. There was none. We even drilled holes at the bottom of the rotting cabinets. It was dry underneath. I went back to the store, explained the situation and asked them to fix it. Sent them pictures. Listen to everyone saying how they have never seen anything like this before. I send them another email. It's been over a month now, and still no response. Now I am in a position where I have spend few thousand dollars to fix the problem: remove the granite countertops, replace the bad cabinets Home Depot sold me, and install new countertops.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

We went to Home Depot for a complete kitchen remodel for the new house that we have purchased. We spoke to a consultant and got everything worked out for the materials to be delivered. Never once during the meeting were we told the base cabinet for the sink would need trimming down to fit the farmhouse sink that we had purchased. Before we purchased the sink, I consulted with the person who helped us and sent her three different sinks that we liked and she told us which one would work best. During this time, we was never told that the cabinet would need trimming down or that the sink would be way too be big once it was trimmed down (got that information from a contractor). Now we had to return the sink and purchase a new one that is $300.00 more to fit into the cabinet once it can be trimmed down. This is delaying the process for the countertops and the backsplash to be installed.

On top of this we were never told that the cabinets had to be installed by Home Depot in order for someone from there to come out and fix the mistake that was made on their end. Also now we have to pay more out of pocket for someone to come out and trim the cabinets on top of the plumbing to be fixed to fit the new sink that we just purchased. We are not very happy and very frustrated at this point. Never again will we go with Home Depot for another renovation project.

My husband and I visiting Home Depot in Lakewood, NJ on 1/10/2017 to obtain basic information on kitchen cabinets and granite countertops for our new home. After standing around for 17 minutes while we watched 6 employees sit at their desks and talk not one willing to get up and ask if we had any questions. At this time, my husband interrupted the male employee and asked if he could answer some questions... His response was "No, I'm leaving in 15 minutes ~ make an appointment..."

We asked if there was someone else that could answer our question which he stated "I'm the only one who does this." Feeling disgusted at this point ~ I let all 6 employees know that we were in the market to redo our kitchen with a very large budget. We also told them, perhaps we'll go to another Home Depot where they will be happy to help. The female associate then stated "fine, go pay more in sales tax" as she rolled her eyes. We immediately reported them to the store manager. We were offered an "appointment" but not for 4 days ~ which is ridiculous. I hope that these 2 particular employees that work at this location in Lakewood, New Jersey are required to take customer service classes. The good news is we went somewhere else with our 35k budget!!!! You lose.

I would not recommend going to the Home Depot in Milltown, New Jersey to design a kitchen. We used this Home Depot to design our kitchen and found the communication at the store level to be extremely poor, the workmanship to be extremely poor, the quality of material to be extremely poor, and we were not happy with the end result of our kitchen. There were so many errors made in ordering our cabinets we were inconvenienced daily for nine months for the completion of our kitchen. I would highly recommend not using this Home Depot when designing your kitchen.

I ordered a new counter top, back splash and floor from Home Depot. HUGE MISTAKE. First, the subcontractor, Eastern Surfaces, came to measure for the counter top. I was told by Home Depot to make sure I had the new sink ready when the company came to measure because they would have to take it with them to properly cut the counter top. Well, they came to measure, said "no" they didn't need to take the sink and lo and behold THE COUNTER TOP WAS NOT CUT RIGHT and had to be re-cut by the installers. A large "hole" was left underneath from the re-cut and I allowed the company to come back 3 times to REPAIR my $2100 counter top so that the rest of the job could go on as scheduled and I'd have my new kitchen ready for the holidays.

The next job for the back splash and floor installation was to be done by Home Depot's subcontractor American Carpet Services "ACS". They scheduled a 3 day job with me: 2 days for the backsplash (because the sheet rock had to be cut out and replaced with cement board that it would "sit" on) and one day for the floor install. Well, 3 installers showed up on the scheduled morning and immediately complained that it took them 3 hours to get to my house, FROM ANOTHER STATE, and were very annoyed. To make a long story short, THEY RUSHED THROUGH THE JOB AND DID EVERYTHING THAT SAME DAY.

My husband called the company and questioned this and they told him it wasn't a problem, laughed at him and hung up. My husband then questioned the installers as to why they weren't using the supplies that THEIR COMPANY said were required to complete the job. They did NOT cut the sheetrock and use the cement board that was to be installed behind the backsplash and they did NOT use the sealer that was supposed to be used at the seam at the counter top. They told him not to worry, it would be fine. They went ahead and installed the back splash ON TOP OF THE GLUE FROM THE OLD BACK SPLASH THAT HAS BEEN ON THE WALL SINCE 1989.

The cement board was supposed to be installed in place of the sheet rock that was already there and they were in too much of a rush to do the job properly. Well, when I got home from work I immediately noticed that the backsplash was not completed on one side. I also saw that the installers left grout smeared on my fridge, stove, floor and counter top. Then I saw that some of the floorboards were defective as they had a black mark about 2" long that looked like they were scratched and there were spaces left between some of the boards. The next morning THE BACK SPLASH STARTED TO CRACK ALL ALONG THE SEAM AT THE COUNTER TOP.

I immediately complained to the store about the shoddy, sloppy work. The salesman was wonderful but I can't say the same about anyone else. The Store Manager was "bothered" every time I called and never returned my calls as she had promised. I was also promised many times that the District Manager from ACS would contact me and after a week of getting nasty voicemails from ACS, leaving no employee name and phony phone numbers, the District Manager finally called me. She said she would look into the situation and call me the next day to set up an appointment to have the problems resolved. Well that didn't happen for another week and by that time I had been so disrespected, lied to and put off. I told her I didn't want anyone from that company coming back into my home.

I then got in touch with Home Depot Corporate Offices in Atlanta, GA. I've been through 2 reps from the Resolution Dept. that constantly put me off and didn't resolve anything. I then filed a complaint with the BBB in Atlanta, GA and a rep from the Escalation Dept who first told me she was going to try and get me a full refund but decided a few days later that if I didn't let the subcontractors back into my home, there was nothing else to be done by Home Depot and they have closed their case. This has gone on since September, 2016.

My backsplash, which was never completed, is cracking more and more, now even up the wall, every day. I find pieces of grout daily that have fallen off. The counter top is now separating from the wall and is taking the cabinets with it. The film, left by the grout that was smeared, will not come off the counter top. The defective floor boards are popping up. I paid for a new kitchen and got shoddy, sloppy work that Home Depot feels I should be willing to have repaired by the same people that did the damage. I didn't spend nearly $5000 for a "Repairable" kitchen. I paid for a new kitchen and didn't get one. STAY AWAY FROM HOME DEPOT!

My husband and I are investigating the options to remodel a kitchen. We are looking at options from as simple as refacing to replacing or a combination of both. The decision would include the purchase of different appliances based on maintaining the current floor plan or moving/removing an island. HD refacing contractor was scheduled to meet with us this evening. It was a NO SHOW. HD did not call us to cancel the appointment nor reschedule. I have made numerous calls to reschedule an appointment and attempt to speak to customer service. I wish we had reviewed the complaint/concern website before beginning this process. Apparently service is nonexistent. I am thankful that I have not spent any money or entered into a contract at this point.

Don't use HD for kitchen install in So. Florida! Apparently, HD uses just one contractor - J&G Carpentry - for all of So. Florida! They are painfully slow in processing information and documents. They have separate offices for permits, installations, engineering. Weeks go by before permits are issued for the work to begin. One of the problems is that their subs - engineers, mechanical guys - don't get things right the first time, so the permit gets put on hold waiting for corrections to be submitted and approved. That took three weeks! One office told me the corrections had been submitted when, in fact, they had not, for another week. Another cause of the delays is that their "expediter" is slow... Needed to be called by the customer when two days passed before he told contractor that corrections were needed. Who knows when construction will begin?! How can we trust the quality of the work, when they are so slow and disjointed?!

Buyer Beware. I ordered a custom kitchen from Home Depot. The brand I chose was Innermost because I wanted wood cabinetry and Innermost has a 13 inch box depth standard. They sent a subcontractor to measure the room. He only took one measurement from floor to ceiling. Turns out the ceiling was not completely level on both sides of the room - who knew? I sure did not and measuring is not my specialty. So the trim at the top of the kitchen is all uneven. He also mis-measured the width of one wall so they had to rig a few pieces of flat wood to make it work. The kitchen is modern and the curved wood did not match. When that was redone the installer added a bead trim that no one asked for and screwed up all the wood underneath.

Now that piece has to be reordered. The microwave did not fit into the space so the whole section of uppers had to be moved over. I also ordered an appliance package. I had to send 4 stoves back - finally accepting the 5th. Not because it was perfect but because it was the best up to that point and they refused to send any more. We are talking $2300 for a stove that doesn't close well. This entire experience has been horrific. Just to get to this point I had to schedule a face to face meeting with the store manager, the order manager and the kitchen and appliance manager. If I had to do it all over-- I would go somewhere else.

Bought through HD who sub-contracted to International Stone. Top was chipped, molding underneath was broken in three places and glued together, walls were damaged and left unrepaired. HD refused to help and insisted we work it out with sub-contractor. Still have $4,000 left to pay HD and nothing can be done about crappy job. Don't walk away from HD contractors, run!

We ordered a complete kitchen reno from Home Depot on March 27th, 2016. We were being bombarded with phone calls from their Project Service Centre, asking how we liked our new floors? (We didn't order new floors.) Our cabinets were being manufactured back East, the Project Service Centre confirmed the delivery date of our cabinets as being the first week in May, I called to confirm several times and was assured of delivery in store on that date. The installer told us we had to take our kitchen completely apart, we had to remove the sink, the cupboards, the countertops the stove and the fridge. The kitchen was taken apart by us in anticipation of receiving our brand new kitchen cupboards.

On the day of delivery our installer went to the store to pick up our new stove hood fan, farmhouse sink, faucet and cabinets. When he arrived he was told that all that had been shipped was cabinet doors. Meanwhile I went shopping with my sister in law to show her samples of what we had ordered and at that time the person who helped us in our local store informed me that nothing had arrived but the cabinet doors. So the installer had gone home. The store had done nothing. My husband was waiting at home for the install to begin but instead I only found out nothing was happening because I happened to go into the store on my own. At that time I also found out that the countertop I had ordered had been discontinued, there was a sign taped on the sample on the wall. Also no phone call to tell me that the countertop had to be changed.

So now we had no kitchen. No sink. No countertops. No cupboards. Just four empty walls and not even a phone call from Home Depot to say, "We are sorry." So for over six weeks we had to try to repair meals in a tiny bathroom sink, the bathroom is way down the hall and the sink and countertop were never designed for dishwashing or food preparation. We could not have friends or family over, we had to spend money on eating out which we had not budgeted for, we were under a great deal of stress, health wise this caused a lot of anxiety and problems for myself and my husband who suffers from Heart problems and Diabetes.

I called Home Depot multiple times, spent several hours being passed from person to person. I even called their Head Office in Atlanta because no one in Canada seemed to give a hoot about our situation. The problems have been ongoing, as has the stress level. The company is too big too disorganized and does not give a hoot about customer satisfaction. They care about volume, not people. They use B-grade installers and the results are installers who do not show up when they say they will, who cannot do the job properly or professionally as they were contracted to do, and customers who spend many thousands of dollars trying to have an enjoyable experience of upgrading their home to be able to enjoy entertaining family and friends, who instead are left without a functioning kitchen for 8 months, yes eight entire months, when the install was supposed to take a maximum of 6 weeks from start to finish.

The company is too big, too impersonal and only cares about profits and not customer satisfaction. They do not return phone calls, or emails to their customer service centre. They do however take money, make sure they get their profits from the customer and move on to treat other customers just as unprofessionally. All in all, I would advise people to go local, check references with people and never, ever go to Home Depot to have anything installed. There is no accountability for a job badly done, overpriced and dragging on and on. They do not care about their customers. Only about profits.

Here we are in December, eleven months after our initial order was placed and we still have doors that slam shut, gaps behind the cabinets, and no one at Home Depot willing to compensate us for the huge inconvenience this has been to our lives, our health, our home, our families. They should change their name to Home Despot. Or actually start to give a hoot about their customers, the people who pay their bills and keep their company functioning.

Hired Home Depot in Tracy Ca. {work orders come from the Sacramento/ Modesto stores} to reface cabinets and new countertops. That was in Aug. Was told would take 5 days. It is now going on three months and project is not finished due to shoddy work. Refacing started chipping and the cabinets the first day. Seams on laminated new doors are misaligned. Seams on refacing of cabinets are incorrect. One cabinet has no doors. Doors were hung uneven, flip out under sink was never done, Molding above doors were not butted together. New dish washer $1000.00 was scratched.

Have called many times and told new doors were ordered but not here yet, and refacing would be removed and redone when the new doors come in. In It is now November and the kitchen is still not finished and I don't think it ever will be. We paid upfront for this project And truly think we have lost our money. So BUYER BEWARE. I am so disappointed with the service we have gotten from Home Depot. Would not recommend them for this type of project or any project for that matter.

I wanted to have cabinets and a counter installed, double oven installed with surrounding cabinets. I actually am living in CA because of my job. I returned to VA for 2 weeks to get work done on the house and to visit family. I had previously had an island put in. The granite counter was done by a different company. I scheduled an appointment with Maria in kitchen design. I talked to Maria about what I wanted. This was in late October. I wanted the work done by Christmas because we had company coming. Maria said the work probably could not be completed before the holidays. She also made sure to tell me the cost would be 5 to 10k.

Since I wanted at least the cabinets around the sink and granite counter to match the island completed before the holidays, I purchased in store cabinets Hampton Bay and had a handyman install them. I also used the same company who had done the island and they sent someone that same week to measure for granite counters.

I called the Home Depot contractor to come and measure for the other work which included double oven cabinet, surrounding cabinets and upper cabinets. It took several missed calls and Chris telling me he was driving and would call me back when he got home and looked at his schedule. He didn't call me back so I called him the next day and we scheduled the measuring. When Chris arrived for the measuring he looked perturbed that I had already gotten the first part of the project done. He complained about the work done installing the sink area cabinets. Still he took measurements. He acted frustrated and said "You know there is a 750 dollar minimum." I said that was fine.

Anyway I did not have time to pick out the cabinets in Virginia and returned to CA. I tried calling Maria and it took several tries to reach her. Maria said the cabinets in CA would be different from the cabinets in VA even though Home Depot is a nationwide store. She said the cabinets would not match my in store purchased cabinets. I went to the Home Depot in Redlands and the person there was very helpful. I quickly determined that there was a custom Hampton bay which looked exactly the same as the store bought cabinets. The CA cabinet person said Hampton Bay should be available nationwide. I called Maria back. She wasn't working that day. I called the next day and told her my selection. Two days later she called to tell me Home Depot did not want to do the work because I had used other contractor to do the sink cabinets and counter.

So I wasted a day waiting for the measuring contractor and spent days trying to reach the persons involved with my kitchen work for no reason. Big waste of time. Still I asked if I could still order the double oven cabinet. "Fine" she said. "What are the measurements?" I answered the measurements are on the diagram Chris did for a 30" double oven cabinet. She said she couldn't use those and I would have to give her more precise measurements. All in all this was a terrible experience and a big waste of time with Home Depot.

In hindsight, with its usual clarity, I can see that the issues with the countertops that I had installed via a special at Home Depot, who then connected us to Precision Countertops, was flawed from the beginning. The biggest issues came as soon as I made the first phone call, as instructed by Home Depot, to Precision. First, I was told that the price quoted by Home Depot might not really exist. When I told the person on the phone that I had just come from Home Depot and the price still existed, he hemmed and hawed and so I took pictures that I showed to the first guy who came out to take the initial measurements.

That guy checked the photos, noted that there were just four color choices at that price, which was fine with me as I liked 2 of them. He took measurements and left. I had to wait a month to save up the rest of the money for the project. When I called the second time, I could not get through to the main number for the company (which appears to be in Oregon), so I called the first guy who had come out to do the measurements. He directed me to go back to Home Depot, which I did. We had to wait 45 minutes while the only person available to even talk with us at all, went over someone else's project. That was fine but making appointments would have been a better use of our time, and his.

I was instructed to pay for the project at that point. I received a 10% discount, which I had been told by the first person I talked with on the phone, was unavailable. I appreciated the discount. I assumed (silly me!) that that same guy who had done the first measurements would also do the "hard template" measurements. Nope! But I am getting ahead of myself. Before the "hard template" appointment could be made, I had to talk with someone at Precision. I tried for almost a week to get through. I was told over and over that "no one can answer your call" and to leave a message. The message was never returned. I also found out through experience with this company, that if they ever DID call, I had to be available at that magic moment, or I would once again be placed in the twilight zone of leaving messages that would never be returned.

So once I finally found a different phone number for the company and actually spoke with someone, a second set of guys came out to do the hard template. This was another frustration for me, as the company would give a time "window" that could be anywhere from 2-4 hours beyond the initial time. Which literally trapped me at home. The second set of guys took their measurements, which, thankfully, matched the first guy's measurements. I had also made it very clear at Home Depot when I paid, that if the measurements did not match up I was not in a position to pay any more. The next hurdle was actually scheduling the installation. Once again, I was not near the phone for the "magic moment" when Precision called, so I had to play phone tag until finally the connection was made. I received a confirmation e-mail 2 days before the first date for the installation. I confirmed, and arranged my schedule around the day of installation.

The following day, though, I received another call from Precision. Oops! Somehow the backsplash for my counters had not arrived. Wouldn't they have known that when they sent the confirmation?? As per this pattern, I once again was not near the phone when that call came through. I was actually moving all the stuff that needed to be moved so that the project could be completed. I seen the rest of the day calling every hour or two for clarification. I also sent one e-mail to the project manager, Kambra, that contained questions. At one point I begged them to return my call so I would know what to do. I also reminded them that this was a time-sensitive issue. I just kept getting the "no one can answer your call" message. My e-mail was also never answered.

So, the following week was when the phone call said the installation could happen. I received another confirmation, two days before installation. I confirmed it once again and added a note asking that no more last-minute changes be made. The day of the installation, a third set of people showed up. They did not know me or my project. They were not too far past their start time, just two hours instead of the maximum. They spoke Russian so when I heard one yelling at the other, I had no idea what the issues were. The counters looked fine, so I signed off on them. But discovered a disgusting mess in my toilet--one of the bouts of yelling included a lot of flushing of the toilet, but I was not alerted to any issue. My husband also discovered that he has to do major work on the sink as the installers crushed the tracks that the sink goes on. They also slightly pulled out the dishwasher, so that we have now to level it again.

This, according to Precision, who called this morning, is "to be expected" when "this type of work" is done. I tried to ask why it is acceptable to have no accountability and no customer service, but by that time had run into the vicious circle track where the operator just repeated the same stuff over and over. So, long story short: I did get the counters. But it was a very painful process that I would not wish on anyone I am writing this mainly to warn other customers. In the future I will find a company I can actually talk to, if I need more work done.

I ordered new granite countertops on 9/14/16. Here it is, 10/28/16, and I still can't get a straight answer on when the installation will take place. Some 2-3 week delivery! No one calls, I have to initiate all conversations. I hesitate to say they lie, but nothing happens. The old tops were removed a month ago, so no functional kitchen. And may I note: Home Depot insists on full, upfront payment. Never again.

Wow I wish I had read these complaints before going to Home Depot. Let me start by saying I thought I read the reviews but what I read was product reviews on the cabinets not on Home Depot service. My contractor whom has done a lot of remodeling for us referred us to Home Depot or Lowe's for kitchen cabinets. We looked at cabinets at both and decided to go with Home Depot. Since we are adding a kitchen in the basement...we did not want anything expensive installed such as granite tops or expensive cabinets therefore we selected the in-store cabinets. But the color and height we wanted was considered a SPECIAL ORDER. "No problem" we said..."so what's the timeline?" "Two-weeks" we were told. So we picked the cabinets and the color and paid for everything. My contractor had provided the ceiling height 8 ft and the wall weight 12 ft to give to Home Depot.

He said they would tell us everything we needed. Home Depot and Lowe's recommended 30 height cabinets. We didn't know any better so we trusted they knew what they were talking about. We went with Home Depot measurement. We ordered 10 cabinets for our 12 ft wall. Once delivered is when the problems all started. Upon delivery of the cabinets approximately 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, they only delivered 9 cabinets. When the contractor put two of the cabinets up he called me down to see how they look and I couldn't even reach the cabinets without a step-ladder and the microwave would have been above my head. No that's not going to work! So he said he could move the very thing cabinet down but that would leave a big gap at the top because the trim is only 2.75 and will not cover the entire gap. Plus he could not finish installing the cabinets because the middle cabinet is missing.

He didn't want to guess at the space needed...neither did I want him too. So I called Home Depot, they weren't sure what happen, so wanted to look in the warehouse and call me back. Well no one called me back. So I called them. Now they tell me if they can't find it they will call me before placing another special order. Well they didn't call me but placed a new special order anyway. I found this out when I decided to stop by Home Depot in person the next day. Also I wanted to let the cabinet advisor know that the cabinet height he recommended wasn't the right height. I am 5.5 so I am regular height. He went on saying 30 height cabinets are the standard height for an 8 ft wall. I said I research on that from professional cabinet installers and was told an 8 ft wall standards are 36 or 42 heights. Because cabinets should be 54 in from the floor. He kept saying that 30 height cabinets are the standard.

Needless to say I reordered 36 height cabinets. Of course I cannot return the two cabinets with holds in them...so I am out of $215 dollars. He said this is another special order so it will take another two-weeks. Mind you I still have not gotten my one missing cabinet yet. We returned the untouched cabinets but not without a fight. They wanted to charge us a restocking fee of 15%. They said if their contractor had made the measurement then I could have had the 15% waived. Of course now I am upset because no one has offer any compensation to us for waiting on the one cabinet not delivered but you want me to pay a 15% restocking fee on cabinets you recommended. Well after getting my blood pressure up they decided to break even because we are still waiting on our missing cabinet. That was 3 weeks ago.

My missing one cabinet has finally arrive but we have to wait another two weeks for the other 5 cabinets to arrive from the vendor because they were special ordered. If they do arrive in a week my cabinet order process would be 2 months. Who knew it would take this long? I could have made my own cabinets quicker than Home Depot special order process. If it's not in the store already do not trust ordering anything from Home Depot or Lowe's. We had a similar waiting disaster with Lowe's. We ordered an oven/ microwave combo. They couldn't seem to get them both in at the same time but they were said to be available on their website and in store for pick up. But they were not. We eventually had them deliver the oven to our home and we went and picked up the microwave from another store.

My husband wanted me to get a new kitchen for our anniversary ❤️. On August 17, 2016 I went to Home Depot ask for a project loan, I was approved for 7,500.00??? I was so happy. I told my husband, So I started looking at kitchen cabinets the same day. Then I talk to the kitchen designer Lee **, The first thing I need to do is hire a Home Depot contractor. I would have to pay 100. For a Home Depot contractor to come to my house to measure my kitchen, I said that, "Fine - have him come out to my house". So I left.

On August 18,2016 Home Depot contractor called me "Steve **". He sounded very confused on which day he should come by, so we finally agreed on Saturday August 20 at 11 am. Today August 20, 2016 11am no sign of Home Depot contractor, it's 11:45 am. Steve finally shows up??? I showed steve my kitchen, gave steve a idea how I wanted my kitchen to be laid out, so steve measured my kitchen, I ask what all I was doing to my kitchen, I'm getting a new floor, putting insulation up in the front walls, putting up new drywall, new counters/cabinets.

Steve said that his company can do it all, I said great??? We had agreement that he would remodel my whole kitchen. I said that I needed my kitchen done by September 15, 2016. Steve said, "No problem Mrs **. We will have it done by then." Steve would send me a idealized bill showing all what he is going to do and how much it was going to cost me. I told Steve that I only had 7,500.00, steve said that he already knew? I was mad??? He shouldn't have known Anything about how much I'm allowed to spend, Steve had a file of information on my project that was not right. Steve was only supposed to measure my kitchen, So anyway steve said that he would e-mail me the idealized bill of the work that he is going to do on my kitchen on Sunday or Monday.

On August 22,2016 I called my kitchen designer to see if he received Steve measurements. Lee said, "Yes, so come down and pick out your cabinets/counter tops"??? I pick out my cabinets/counters then Lee ** Designed my dream kitchen??, then he e-mailed them to Steve that afternoon, August 22, 23, 24, part of 25, Lee has been trying to get a hold of Steve so we can get started on my kitchen. Steve never replied to Lee.

I was getting very emotional, stressful, panicking, frustrated, neglected??? It's bad enough. I'm not in good health, I just got over a acute hemorrhage (part of your brain is bleeding). I'm on high blood pressure medication because my blood pressure is too dang high, and I'm on anxiety medication. I had a deadline to meet and Steve was wasting valuable time??, so I had to hire some contractors on my own to get part of the work done. August 25, 2016 I called the Home Depot. I wanted to talk to a manager, but I had to talk to a assistant manager. I told her my situation I was having and I had to hire my own contractor and I wanted my money back $1,800.00. She said that she would look into it. On August 26 I called and the assistant manager answered again. She said that she would talk to the Manager personally.

On August 26, 2016 I went to Home Depot and spoke to Lee to see if he can get me another contractor, I can't wait any longer. August 27 I ordered my cabinets, dishwasher, large refrigerator. I went looking for the manager to see if she spoke to her assistant manager about the problem I was having. I spoke to Mellisa the store manager about the problem I was having with their cabinet contractor because Steve was negligent with the contract. He had with me to start my project and I need another contractor, and I'm spending money out of my own pocket.

I need the project done by September 15, Mellisa said she would look into it and would call me Monday. I didn't feel comfortable with that so I called customer care service, spoke to collect, told them my story. Collect said that she would speak to the store manager and call me Monday. I really needed a contractor to help me with my project, my husband was way too busy. He is a over the road truck driver. He is hardly home.

August 27, 28, 29, 2016 my kitchen was getting gutted, this was coming out of our pocket??? Monday August 29 Mellisa store manager called said that she couldn't do nothing about it. "I can only give you your 100 back for hiring the contractor"??? I don't want my money back. I need another contractor, she said, "Sorry. That's all I can do for you", I was devastated. I had 17 days till my anniversary party. They promised my kitchen would be done.

I had to tell my husband - he is a retired veteran. I dare to ask for a discount for a veteran. I told him the situation I was having. He got very upset. He was going to call his veteran lawyer to tell him how Home Depot was treating us. I told him, "No, I don't want more drama", So my husband took a week off work with No Pay to help with the kitchen. Now we are out 1,300 paycheck.

Collect from customer service sent me a letter, saying, "I apologize for the inconvenience you may experienced regarding your kitchen installation. Our goal at the Home Depot is to provide you with the best customer service experience possible." Really why didn't your guy give me another contractor to finished my kitchen, that's why I agreed to have my kitchen by one of your contractors, not me and my husband pay out of pocket for this mess really. You're a joke mrs. **.

My Dream kitchen turned into a freakin nightmare. I'm going thru a lot at of health issues right now and I have to deal with this crap, no one seems to want to help us out with this situation??? September 1, 2016 I called corporate customer service. I wanted to speak to someone hire up to help me with my situation with Home Depot. They said that they're sorry, "We can't help you with that. You already spoke to customer service."

September 12, 2016 I received a call from Columbus saying that my cabinets are done, they're sitting in the warehouse ready to be delivered, great??? My cabinets will be in just in time before September 15. September 13, 14, 15, I haven't heard nothing about my cabinets. I called Home Depot, spoke to customer service. They said that I put a hold on my cabinets and they will not be in till OCTOBER 5. Really what the heck is going on. I'm about to have a heart attack because Home Depot keeps playing games and it's costing me money.

September 16,2016 I called corporate, talk to andrian, told her what was going and how I was being treated and I wanted to speak to the district manager at Home Depot, andrian said that she was so sorry for the inconvenience that I'm going thru and she e-mailed the district manager that day. It was sap to get a hold of me!

I called Lee and told him what customer service said that I will not be getting my cabinets till October 5. He was so mad. He called Columbus, Lee said they should be here on the September 22-2016, 25 days. On September 23-2016, I called corporate - talk to Margaret, told her my situation and the district manager never reach out to me to help me and try to resolve this situation - never got me another contractor. He never gave a crap about me a loyal customer, a veteran of the usa - no respect. She said she was really sorry and no one should go thru this. Margaret e-mailed the district manager right away while she was still talking to me. I told her, "I wanted to speak to Craig Menear. Tell him how we are being mistreated, and disrespecting a veteran."

On September 24-2016, we started to put up our new cabinets, guess what the contractor measured the kitchen wrong, we can only put up some of the top ones, and we have to exchange to cabinets to get smaller ones. REALLY SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL OCTOBER 17 to get my kitchen done. I have no countertops, sink, stove, no food to cook for my family, no place to wash dishes, and everything from the kitchen is moved to the living room. I feel like I'm living in a third world country.

Me and my family have been living like this for almost 3 months, no one ever reach out to us from Home Depot. We spent 5,050.00 out of our own pocket. We had to spend our kids Christmas fund, so there will be no Christmas for us. It was all spent on my DREAM KITCHEN THAT TURNED INTO A NIGHTMARE FROM HELL, AND I HOPE MR CRAIG MENEAR AND HIS SHAREHOLDERS READS THIS. Thanks B.B.B for reading my story. I'm a nervous wreck right now, my poor husband tries to help??? I will never plan a project with Home Depot again.

From the very start, the kitchen remodel / flooring project was frustrating and weighed down by very poor customer service. Our initial consultation went well, but after not hearing back about scheduling the square footage measure, we found that our design manager had left HD for greener pastures and no one had taken the time to contact her clients. We were given another design manager who was a very smooth talker, but as time proved, very inept at his job. We were missing 7 different components, several being reordered 2-3 times as we received the wrong color or style. Nearly 4 months later we are still waiting on a shelf and knife block.

Each time, promises are made that the issues have been resolved only to result in rapidly growing disappointment. Every category of interaction had problems, from initial payment needing to be cancelled, cleared and repaid (over $45k), cabinets installed incorrect, shoddy molding work, wrong measurements, cabinet doors installed unlevel by an 1/8th of an inch and large screws put in visible places. Our next nightmare will be to review the flawed bill that includes being charged for 2 extra cabinets being installed, "rush" charges we were asked to pay due to their ordering issues. If there were negative stars, I would give Home Depot 5. Do not consider them for remodeling services. Save yourself heartache and stress.

Let me begin by saying that I thought it would be a great idea to have a company I trusted such as Home Depot to remodel my kitchen at around a $10,000 dollars budgeting... Boy was I extremely wrong. They were not only behind on said completion time by weeks... when stating it would only take four days. They also tried to push in designs choices for which I had never agreed to from the beginning. They never came prepared with all the needed materials and were not detailed in the customer's needs as they seemed to be promoting the initial project. The workmanship was half-assed from the start... (Excuse the French) just making a relative point... Even more so when it came to the many flawed discoveries living within the kitchen on a daily basis. You realize more and more things that the workers skimmed by and showed no detail concern... Or figured "This will work at least until I collect pay and can run away."

I will not continue to make this review longer by running on with my disdain for this company's remolding practices. I would just suggest to anyone looking to raise their property value or even create a charming atmosphere for which to live in comfort. Please retain a different company to handle your remodeling needs. This is not the one.

Given my experience, I cannot recommend the design services. I have listed the events below to demonstrate the ineptitude of the personnel at store #6828. On July 2, 2016, I paid for the design services. I spoke with project designer and emailed my specifications to the store management with instructions to forward the data to the designer. According to the project designer, he had no email address. On July 6, 2016, a representative of Home Depot arrived at my house and took measurements of the kitchen and master bath. On July 30, 2016, I spoke with the project designer. He admitted no work had been done on my project. We set up a meeting for August 27, 2016.

On August 27, 2016, the project designer was unavailable along with any design proposals. On August 29, 2016, I demanded a full refund for services not rendered. On August 31, 2016, a refund of $99.00 was issued. The chronology above illustrates the time loss in finalizing my kitchen remodel. Home Depot provides many services well, however design services is not one of them. Buyer beware!

My parents ordered Kitchen cabinets to be installed back in May and as of today 4 1/2 months later they are still without a kitchen, having to clean their dishes in the bathroom sink, they are senior citizens with disabilities. Manager after Manager and no one know to know what each other is doing. We have had so many so-called professionals come and take measurements and every time the cabinets come back wrong. They don't care about their customers. They have made 3 payments already towards a kitchen they don't have. They have been very unprofessional and very careless. We are still fighting. Please if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

As it first started off normal with the eager promises coming from the salesman from the Surrey BC Branch. We purchased both counter tops and cabinet refinishing and we're looking forward to a 6-8 max turn around time of our small everyday project around 15K. We were told that both subcontractor would be by in the next 5-8 days or so for measuring up for the project and a couple of weeks to get the orders completed and installed... Perfect right?

Remember this as we go along when they want to come by between 8-noon that means you take time off of work and wait for them. Bare in mind you are also paying them to do this work so you get hit twice in your pocket book. The cabinet guy came out 5 days later after work and took measurements and left but told me to call when the counter guy comes out and measures as they always make mistakes and have the counter guy call him.

After 12 days not hearing from the counter top guys I called the salesman looking for the time and date when the countertop guy was coming out and he told me he would look into it. Four days later the counter guy tells us that he will be by between 10-12, calls me at 8:30am, and tells me that his first appointment cancelled and he is at the door knocking wondering why no one is answering. Then he tells me if I can't get to the house in 20 minutes or so he will reschedule in a few days time. I managed to rearrange my schedule and got to my place as he was packing his things back into the van. We went in and I had to completely clean everything off of all of the counter tops. "This was supposed to have been done" he tells me and I tell him that I would have been more than happy to if someone had informed me about this.

An hour or so later he is finished and he leaves. I inform him of the cabinet guy's wishes to talk to him about the measurements. Spin ahead 2 more weeks and I call the counter guy and ask timeframe for delivery of the counter tops and he tells me he has to come out and remeasure between 1-3PM this time... Great more time off work. He comes take all the measurements and leaves again with no promise of an installation date. A couple more weeks go by and again I call the salesman and get him to get the counter top guys to call and set up a date. Note that the counter tops should go in first as the cabinet guys fine tune their measurements to the counter.

So we finally get a date and time for the counter top guys to come and they remove the old tops and replace with new ones. Of course more time off to be there to let them in and watch. Spinning ahead less a lot of details, I had to have them come out 4 more time to fix deficiencies. They didn't secure the dishwasher properly, the taps became loose, they crossed the hot and cold lines then they told me that was the new way of doing plumbing... Ahem... I told them I run a plumbing company and they were lying. The statement was quickly retracted, and the chip they made installing the tops had to be corrected. All in all total the loss of time to me and my work was 30 hours just to accommodate mistakes and deficiencies. I had planned to take a few hours off during the installation of the work but not all of the other hours.

Now for the cabinet installation. Unfortunately there was a personal issue that arose and the cabinet guys had to delay by 3 weeks or so and I was sympathetic to the personal issue. So it came to the day before the cabinets were to be done and final measurements were to be tweaked. My wife took off 3 days to accommodate the installation and she calls me and tells me that the cabinets were never actually ordered this is after 10 weeks had gone by. Needless to say I had had enough. I told the Home Depot Rep that I have lost all confidence in their ability to do any type of project management and that they should take a serious look into customer satisfaction processes. So we had to wait another 7 days and the cabinets arrived and were installed.

Through all of this I had asked for some compensation for all the lost time I had to take off of work and was directly turned down stating that Home Depot doesn't offer anything up for their mistakes. So all I can say by finishing this off is: buyer be very aware and take notice of reviews like this to stop yourself from taking the entire summer to do a small jobs and inconveniencing your family etc.

We purchased a quartz countertop at the Southgate Home Depot Store in Colorado Springs on July 22, 2016. We were told the ENTIRE process, from order to install, was about a three week process. We were told someone would call within a few days to come out and measure for a template for the countertop and to check access for install. We were also told to "have the sink that will be installed available, if it is not, the order will not be placed." Over a week later, when we hadn't received a call for the measuring of the template, we began to call this Home Depot store. We called at least 9-10 times and held for the kitchen/bath department for over an hour on just one call. We ended up leaving messages with them, and the next day, when we couldn't reach them again, we left a message for the manager - NONE of our calls were ever returned!!! We were forced to make the 1/2 hour trip to the store to get a response.

We were able to confirm an appointment for the template to be measured the following week. The man who came out to measure noted the access - garden basement, and took notes from the box that the kitchen sink was in - undermount sink - he also told us to call for a "rush" as the time of three weeks was almost up. We again tried to reach someone in the kitchen/bath dept for the next few days before AGAIN having to make a 1/2 hour trip in to find out what was going on. We are now 3 1/2 weeks in.

After speaking to an associate at the store and asking about a "rush", We were informed that NOW the quartz that we had ordered was out of stock with no ETA whatsoever from the manufacturer!!! After getting over the shock of the situation, we asked to speak with the quartz place personally - "Desert Stone" in Denver. Upon speaking with Desert Stone we asked if there was any similar quartz in stock that could be installed immediately. We were given the color of what they had, chose it and agreed to an install the following week. We were also, at this time, offered a $200 compensation for all of our "trouble" by the department manager - we did not ask for this compensation, but were happy to accept it for all of our trouble so far.

The quartz installers arrived the next week with 2 men and a huge countertop that they could not get down our stairs to our basement kitchen. The installers showed us where the template person (from their own company) listed our basement as having a patio door for access! Our basement is barely a garden basement - it is mostly underground!!! The only access is by the stairs coming in from the top floor of the home. The installers then said that they would have to "cut the quartz in half" to make it fit!!! NO! We informed them that this was not acceptable and asked if there was any other way to get this quartz downstairs and installed the way that we had been told it would be. The installers said the only way for them to do this was to get more men from their Denver location, which they eventually did.

After a total of 4/5 men got the quartz downstairs we were then informed that the original template measurer had ALSO NOT told them to cut the quartz for an undermount sink, which is the sink we had downstairs from our plumber from his original measure date. We were asked to "pick up an over the top sink" so they could finish their install. We asked what we could do to get the undermount sink installed like we originally ordered and were told by the installers that this was "impossible." They could not get the quartz back out to bring it back to cut it at their shop, which is where they have the equipment to cut for undermount sinks. So we bought a sink at Lowe's for $175, had them install it as over the top and had to spend an additional $230 to have our plumber hook up the new sink which needed new parts. Our plumber could not refund us anything on the original undermount sink as he said his supplier does not take returns so we were out this money as well.

After numerous phone calls to Home Depot, to the original store manager, and to their "customer care" line where we have been treated like trash, Home Depot has offered to "refund" us $500 for all of our troubles!!! Seriously??? We spent $175 on a new sink, $230 on an additional plumbing cost and $25 on an additional dispenser for this new sink - all of which we would not have had to spend had Home Depot and their installer - Desert Stone - done their job correctly!!! AND we have a look that we HATE!!! An over the top sink like in a school cafeteria!!! UGH!!!

I have asked Home Depot to come and remove this countertop and to replace it with what I ordered and they are refusing. They say their offer of $500 is their FINAL offer so basically $70 is what they expect us to take for having the incorrect countertop with the incorrect cut and sink. We are APPALLED!!! We have asked that they look up all of the orders that we have had with them just in 2016 to see that we are customers who spend A TON of money at their store and they have not responded!!! Does anyone know of ANYONE at Home Depot who actually cares about their customers and who would try to fix this issue???

I have had such a bad experience with Home Depot's quality and customer service I will never buy from them again! When they came for the initial countertop installation they had to take it back and recut it for the under mount sink. The laminate on the kitchen island was separating so they replaced it. The replacement countertop of the kitchen island was squeaking so they had to resecure it.

The laminate had a spot that was discoloring. I had the countertop company come out and inspect it as well as a representative for the laminate manufacture and both of them said they had never seen anything like that before. However, neither one would take responsibility and after Home Depot was notified they would not contact me, I had to contact them to receive their unsatisfactory decision.

I filed a complaint with Home Depot's complaint department and they presented it to the district manager and he said that it must be from some unusual circumstance like something rubbing against it. How would he know, he never came out to see it. If they would look at our furniture and our home they would see that we take care of our home! After all is said and done I was told that the installers and the laminate company would not do anything so neither would Home Depot. I did not buy the countertops from the installer or from the laminate company! I bought it from Home Depot so they are the ones that are responsible for the defective product and poor service! However, they have refused to take responsibility.

I feel so stupid. I check reviews on pretty much everything I buy. I didn't, however, check Home Depot reviews before we started our kitchen remodel. This adventure started in June of this year. We met with the kitchen designer, who seemed very competent and nice. We took our measurements, our ideas and any other thing we could think of to make this process easier. The design time was pleasant and we felt confident with our decision. We explained to Tom, the designer, that since I am a teacher we would need this to be done by the time school started. He said it shouldn't be a problem. I have learned to regret ever believing those words. We paid for the cabinets 4th of July weekend. He set up the measurement appointment and the second time the person came out to measure, the price went up almost 3,000 dollars!!

We then decided to contract some of the work out to people we knew were competent and reasonable. We did get a refund which is another story in itself. The people we hired showed up on time and did their job. The day the installer was to show up, he didn't. No call. Nothing. I called the contractors, who are terrible with customer service, again another horrible long story. They informed me he wasn't coming that day. "Why didn't you call me," I ask? "We were getting to it," they said. He would be there on Monday. Sorry I said, I had another appointment. So after a bunch of calls later an appointment was set up for Tuesday. The man showed up on Tuesday. Yes. ONE man. To install kitchen cabinets. If I hadn't had plumbers working, he would have had no one to help him carry in the sink cabinet. I wasn't going to do it. He managed to get two wall cabinets installed in the 7 hours he was at my house. It's a small kitchen.

He came back the next day and finished it only to find out one of the cabinets had been measured wrong and the doors could not be put on. We would reorder that cabinet. Ten days tops is what he said. That was two weeks ago. No cabinet. He did text me today to see if I had heard from the cabinet people. That was nice. Then the countertop. That's a whole different story. Measured twice, then a third time with a laser and amazingly they cost over 300 dollars more!! I paid it. I want my kitchen back. Supposedly, it is coming next week. I don't believe it. Then I get a call from the tile measurement guy. I picked my tile up from the store three days before this call. I didn't make that appointment and certainly wouldn't have made it for when I am at work.

My house looks like it is auditioning for an episode of hoarders because we can't put anything away. I've been without a kitchen for six weeks. The plumbers rigged it so my dishwasher would work until they get the countertop and a few other things installed. I sent Home Depot an email to which I haven't heard anything from. I can't stand this special little place in hell Home Depot has put me in. I'm frustrated and angry. I cry all the time. I can't do anything. I don't know what else to do. There are so many other things I could and maybe should write about but it makes me sick to my stomach. All I wanted was a new kitchen. Simple, huh? Nope.

I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone. I will never go to Home Depot again. For anything. I am spreading the news of our experience to whomever will listen. My next stop may be the Better Business Bureau. I'm tired and miserable. I want my home back. Please help me if you can or at least tell me how to fix it. Thank you.

As kitchen designer/installer for many years I was installing a kitchen designed by the designers at Home Depot. Not only was the design wrong but left multiple details out. The so called designers put the title designer to shame.

I am a military veteran and so is my husband. We are finally able to settle permanently in our forever home after my husband's 22 year military career. We chose Home Depot for our kitchen cabinet purchase due to their advertised commitment to military families and the quality of the Thomasville brand kitchen cabinetry and the pricing. The Design Expert at Home Depot seemed great. We brought him all our ideas and listed our desired appliances. I gave him our rough measurements of the space and explained that we had a private contractor who would be doing the installation. The designer only asked for a verification of the overall space measurements from our contractor.

The Designer was able to come up with a beautiful kitchen design. We asked the Designer if the appliances we wanted would fit. He assured us that they would. We were told our cabinets would take four weeks minimum for delivery and they even came in early. We were very excited. The first problem started when the cabinet that would house our double convection oven arrived with the wrong style upper cabinet doors. They did not match the other cabinets at all. The Designer was contacted and new door were to be delivered so, it should have been an easy fix so, the cabinet was installed.

The next issue was that the contractor responsible for the electrical supply to the oven was concerned that the oven cabinet might not be big enough for the ovens. The cabinet was 30 wide and the minimal oven cutout opening was 28.5 which would leave little room for error. We attempted to contact the designer and messages were left with no response. We spoke with two other people in the kitchen cabinet area and the manager over the department and no one could help us except for taking as message. After two days we called and spoke with the Designer. He stated he was unaware of any issues other than the doors. He did not have the authority to approve a requested bigger cabinet for our ovens. As a result, the store manager was notified.

In the meantime, as granite measurements were taking place, it was brought to our attention that the granite would need to be cut around the lip of the oven cabinet because the oven cabinet sides were not flush or skinned like the others. It was also indicated by a different contractor that the stovetop might not fit. We realized that these were also issues that need to be addressed.

The Store Manager proceeded to tried to blame our contractor for the measurement and skinning errors even though he was never even involved with measuring for the appliances or the design process. He then asked if we had brought the Designer our measurements for the appliances? We were never asked by the Designer to bring in anything else. He assured us that the cabinet measurements were standard and that everything would fit. The Store Manager reluctantly agreed to replace the cabinet in question with a bigger cabinet but was not willing to cover the labor and material costs for the tile floor corrections (he insisted that our tile contractor was overcharging) or removal and installation labor involved.

These were serious problems so, we decided to try to contact a district manager. We were given the number to the Home Depot Customer Care line. So far, this process has been a joke! We are in a waiting game and trying to reach a District Manager has become Mission Impossible. It is going on 3 weeks now since the first issue and we have half our kitchen unfinished. We have no cooktop and no ovens, and no resolution or response from a district level manager. We cannot even finish grouting the tile or install the rest of our granite until these issues are resolved. The stress this has caused our family is immense. We are so disappointed and frustrated by the poor customer care and lack of response from Home Depot. If we had known how this was going to go we never would have chosen Home Depot and we will certainly not be recommending them to anyone else.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Profile