Home Depot Kitchens
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Home Depot Kitchens

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

326 Home Depot Kitchens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Totally mislead about project and time. Lost pieces of order, staff disappeared, no one helped. Once they had your funds, they couldn't care less and no one gave a clear idea about the MONTHS it would take to finish. Spend the extra money and have a professional do it, as they are not.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I ordered a new countertop and tile backsplash from East Hanover, NJ Home Depot. Everything started great, the Home Depot associates were great - the problem is the contractors they used. The countertop installers left electrical outlets exposed and I ended up with a short that I needed to pay an electrician to fix. When Home Depot called for a balance due I mentioned this and they said they would review and get back to me. Then the tile backsplash was scheduled and the Friday before (work was scheduled for a Mon/Tues) I was told at 4:15 that I was confirmed and they would be calling be back before 5:30 with a window of time on Monday. I didn't get a call on Friday so I called 8am Monday. It was then I was told I was rescheduled to 11/3 and 4. I had arranged to be home from work, I had the plumber cap the appliances and I had the plumber scheduled to come back late Tuesday to hook the appliances up again.

After several hours of phone calls with ACS and Home Depot I was given 2 different reasons for the change and assured a crew would be here first thing Tuesday morning and would finish the work in time for the plumber to come. 10:10 the crew showed up - but with no materials, which had been discussed with the manager the day before (that the crew needed to pick up the materials). I called at 9 am and the manager assured me they were on their way. When I called the manager back at 10:15 he said that was a mistake to ask about the materials - he is now telling me he told them to come to the house first and check to see if they need anything, yet the crew thought I already had the materials. The customer service has been just horrendous. Then to top it off Home Depot called me last night about the balance due. No, I'm not giving them another dime, told them to talk to the manager that I have been dealing with.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I had my kitchen cabinets resurfaced 2 years ago. There is a one year warranty. Within the first year I had them come back 3 times because the laminate was pulling away. The warranty is up and we are now fixing it with Gorilla Glue.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Oh how I wish I knew then what I know now. Hiring Home Depot to reface our kitchen has been one issue after another. NOTHING that was "promised" actually happened. From poor products to unmet deadlines, from wrong measuring to errors in ordering, from unacceptable craftsmanship to lack of communication, my wife and I could not be more displeased. The 3-5 day "promise" is a complete joke. The cleanliness of the process was a complete lie. The contractors were less than professional. One contractor was at our home for 1.5 days then never showed up again. A second contractor came to "clean up the mess" left by the first guy. The countertop we ordered was to be a high gloss laminate... all it does is show water spots.

Oh, and let us not forget that the countertop subcontractor arrived but said they couldn't remove the old countertop so simply left. All the while we are living for more than 6 weeks out of boxes with all of our kitchen "stuff" packed away. When we would make calls to the General Contractor, Matt, we should have saved our breath. Because we continue to seek compensation, we discovered that Matt is no longer employed by Home Depot. Samantha has taken his place and because our complaint is 6 months old, she has really nothing to offer us. This project was nearly $20,000... a huge amount for us to invest with little or no reward. My wife and I continue to love the refacing idea, but would NEVER recommend Home Depot for the project. The anguish was not worth the reward. Because of this experience, Home Depot will not be receiving ANY of our future business. Go elsewhere people.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Best way to share my experience with the Kitchen remodeling dept is to show you the letter I sent them when I fired them. By the way THD is The Home Depot, and Andrew ** was the 3rd party installer contracted by Home Depot. Patty was our representative employed by Home Depot. "I am unhappy with the service I have received and want to cancel my order, and get a refund. I understand the estimate costs $250. We paid $1,200 down for the countertops and expected to be treated better. Between Home Depot not managing this process well, and Andrew ** not responding to our emails we were wondering if anyone one had remembered that we ordered C-tops. I place blame on Home Depot and Andrew ** but more so on Home Depot and their business practices.

Home Depot asked for a lot of money down. This is not standard practice for a remodel. I am not sure how Home Depot gets away with requiring so much money up front, but as an estimator in the commercial construction business for over 20 years I can tell you this is not normal and appears to be illegal per the CA State Licensing Board. If my wife and I had not pressed Patty at Home Depot to tell us what was going on, I don't think Andrew ** would have ever contacted us.

The initial email from Andrew ** on Friday stated that we'd be contacted the day before the estimate/site visit with a time window. This did not happen until we called Patty at THD, who then had to call Andrew **. It appeared that we had been forgotten. We were satisfied with Andrew ** responses to our questions, but we cannot agree to pay for 100% of the countertops before the job is complete. Paying for 100% before job completion, and getting bad customer service is a recipe for failure. If the install is unsatisfactory and as bad as the customer service we have received; then we have no leverage to fix the problem.

Maybe I am a picky customer because I am an estimator for a large construction company. However, I can tell you this process has all the red flags of a job gone wrong. I have been working for general contractors in the Los Angeles industry for over twenty years and this experience has been unprofessional and frustrating. I have paid THD $1,200 and the Andrew ** estimate/site visit was $250. I expect a refund of $950 immediately."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I did an entire kitchen remodel with Home Depot cabinets, countertops, all new stainless steel appliances, top of the line that they carried. The person that assisted me was less than helpful. She does this perhaps daily but her qualifications did not measure up. It seemed as though she just wanted a sale! She got a hefty commission out of me. I really wanted granite but she talked me out of it. She focused solely on Silestone. So that's what I ended up with. Straight end which is terrible! It's too dark for the space. I also purchased a Pegasus black double sink. I loved it until the partition between the 2 sinks started to become very rough to the touch. It's under-mounted. I spent close to $30,000 dollars doing this kitchen remodel! I had to refinance my home in order to do this remodel! I purchased an LG high end stainless steel dishwasher and it only last 2.5 years before I had to replace it.

The same thing happened to my LG refrigerator. The store worked with me on the refrigerator. I was not informed that the countertop was going to be seamed together. It looks awful. I've called the corporate office several times over the past 5 years. The countertop had a chunk miss out of it that I noticed and a company came out to repair it. That was not first quality as far as I'm concerned. Never having done a remodel I was unaware of what could and would happen. I assumed that Home Depot sold first quality products but as I've mentioned, I'm not sure now! My last communication with corporate at Home Depot was very unsatisfactory. They said too much time has lapsed. I've been trying to get a resolution for over 3 years with no resolve.

I also bought all new doors for my entire home. This included a full stained glass fiberglass front door. They measured for it but it came in wrong. They installed it anyway. Later on they sent me a refund for that door. All the materials that I needed to do finishing for all of the window frames, faucet, cabinet hardware was purchased from Home Depot. If I had a do over, I would NOT go to Home Depot! Unfortunately I will not get to do a do over in this lifetime. I hate Home Depot and their attitude and unsatisfactory customer service. I don't enjoy cooking in my kitchen anymore. I should have used local businesses and supported my local economy! This goes for all of my doors as well. The resolution that I would like is new countertops and a new sink. I've considered calling the local news stations and sharing my displeasure with Home Depot and their poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We purchased a granite countertop thru Home Depot and paid for installation. This counter was manufactured by MSI. There is what they are calling a fissure, to me it is a crack running thru the granite, and a chip has developed. Neither company will warranty this material. I have only had it for a year. Poor workmanship, poor quality granite, and definitely poor customer service.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I had 5 countertops replaced with granite through Home Depot. What a miserable experience! I have never been so surprised and so disappointed with any major company as I am with Home Depot. Other than shopping at their store for items that I can't buy elsewhere, I am done dealing with HD and I will attempt to spread the word about what a disreputable, dishonest and poorly run company they are. I will not attempt to detail all the disasters associated with the purchase and installation of my 5 countertops.

"Home Depot Installations" in the Houston area is a complete disaster under the direction of supervisor Dana **. As a supervisor, Dana is a complete joke! If this were part of a small independent mom-and-pop business, I would tell them that they will be out of business very, very shortly. I am totally shocked that a company the size of HD puts up with the horrible customer service and the disorganized, deceptive activities of their people. HD does not appear to care at all about the bungling that I have had to put up with.

In addition, I was originally told that my granite countertops came with a lifetime warranty from HD-- no questions asked! That appears to be a lie. Is dishonesty also sanctioned by HD? If there are any management people at HD that are concerned at all about this review, I suggest that they contact me Immediately. I feel sure that no one will contact me. On several occasions I have requested that someone call me but I have had no response from HD. I have asked repeatedly for the supervisor, Dana **, to send me the contact information for her boss and she simply ignores my requests. Don't buy your countertops or anything else from HD! It's hard to imagine that such a big company could be in such complete management disarray!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

Please beware if you feel Home Depot will stand behind their services. My tenant ordered an oven from them. After Home Depot came to install it and left there was a gas leak. They refused to come back and fix it. It was a very dangerous situation and Home Depot just hired attorneys to defend them, leaving me the homeowner with a damaged house and an unhappy tenant which moved out. A huge loss, but again Home Depot just used their attorneys to not take care of any of it.

Original review: July 19, 2017

So I bought a granite countertop everything is fine traveled a long way to NJ to pick the granite. That place was beautiful the place named MSI. So the installers had to template twice. I asked each one of the template/ installers "Do you charge the customer or Home Depot 75 dollars to come out again?" "No, we don't. We tell the customer to go get your money back for it." Ok, so I call up Home Depot, get nowhere FAST. So if Home Depot isn't getting charged for the 2nd template and the installer don't charge the customer the 75 dollars WHERE THE HELL DOES THE MONEY GO? I know it’s only 75 dollars but I'd rather give business to people who don't contradict each other and not knowing where extra charges are really going!!!

Original review: June 24, 2017

My wife paid in advance the full charge for a kitchen remodeling with Home Depot. The job was completed in late March and early April 2017. The installers were quite professional. Unfortunately, two cabinet doors did not match and had to be ordered. Glides were ordered wrong and they convinced us to use the automatic rolling glides. Half did not work. After two repairmen came they still don't work. A HD supervisor, Jeremy ** promised us new drawers before the end of June. As of today I have heard nothing from him and he won't return emails or phone calls. Second repairman came with replacement doors and they were nicked and have to be replaced. I would NEVER recommend or use this company again. Their lines of communication and ability to successfully complete a job are poor. With an upfront payment of $24,000 this is inexcusable.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I completed the paperwork for refacing the 3/2/17 and committed to a cost of over $12,000. The product finally arrived at their warehouse in May. The installation was scheduled three different times and changed. The last time the installation was cancelled the morning the installer was to come to my home. The appointment was changed to the following day and he didn't show until 2 p.m. When he started working he realized he didn't have enough product, some of the doors were the wrong size or missing and there were no drawers. (I have 8 in my kitchen.) He worked the next day stating he would do an expedited order on the missing items. That is the last I heard and I can't get any information on the timeline for completing the job. In the meantime the items from my kitchen cabinets are stacked in various rooms of my house. I will never again contact Home Depot for any work in my home.

Original review: June 20, 2017

My husband and I were not treated very professional at all. We were quoted one price and then when we inquired in the store the price was almost doubled and we were promised items that then we had to fight for. We were hung up on by our salesman because we were told by store to call him about our hinges. Then we were told why did we call him. Everyone we have spoken to has had attitudes and says one thing and then another. I feel like I can't trust anything they say. Our cabinets have waves in then and I was told he will put in an order but he doesn't know when it will be done. I feel like they use to be a great place that was always honest to you, my children have worked for them Alexandra and Megan. But now I feel they don't seem to care how they treat people.

I would like someone in that business to treat me like I am a valuable customer. They think because they took a 1000 dollars off then that fixes everything, it might have if after that my husband wasn't hung up on and my hinges were not something that I was promised and then was told they weren't in my contract and they did me a favor giving them to me. After I was told they were a definite. Tell me what I am suppose to do. Very unhappy customer. Have nothing good to say about this store and that makes me sad. Oh that's not true they are all fabulous liars and good at trying to make it like they did us a favor.

Original review: June 13, 2017

As a former employee of Home Depot Kitchens, I can tell you with absolute certainty that you are vastly overpaying for these services. I speak only for the Cabinet Refacing business as it is the one that I feel is the most dishonest and gives the customer far less for their money. Here's the deal: You are paying MORE for cabinet refacing than you would for an entirely new kitchen. Seriously. Don't let them sweet talk you and tell you all the benefits of refacing. Literally, the only benefit is that it takes less than a week versus a full kitchen tear-out which can take a few weeks.

As a salesman, I was immediately collecting up to 12% of the total cost in commission alone! That means if I sell you a $25,000 kitchen reface (which is fairly common), the salesman is collecting roughly $3000 right off the top. No joke. Worst of all, you actually can get an entirely new kitchen for far less than a simple refacing job. They will diminish a full kitchen tear out and vilify the entire process and tell you how inconvenient it is and how many hidden costs there are BUT even after the hidden costs IT'S STILL CHEAPER.

There are very rare occasions where refacing is a better option. Ask yourself these questions: 1. Do I HAVE to have my kitchen remodeled in 3-5 days or is it ok to be inconvenienced for a few weeks to save $10,000? 2. Will removing my cabinets do irreparable damage to some irreplaceable item in the house like specialized flooring, expensive countertops, custom woodwork or some other one-of-a-kind feature? 3. Do I have an inability to shop around and simply want to purchase the first thing that's offered to me? If you answered "no" to these three simple questions (which 95% of people will) then cabinet refacing, at least through The Home Depot, is not for you.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Installer showed up 1 hour and 15 minutes late the first day. 13 of 17 new cabinet doors have defects. Was told by salesman countertop would be seamless but it came in 2 pieces. Dishwasher was not reattached to countertop. Water supply to sink was not shut off completely, flood under sink. Large gaps in seams in new laminate. Glue hasn't been cleaned up. Router gouges in new laminate. Installer wanted to put up trim to hide his mistakes after being called back. Now I have to wait for these problems to be resolved before completing remodel. I am beyond unhappy. Home Depot remodel needs to come with a supply of ** or **.

Original review: May 19, 2017

The installation crew was unprofessional, rude and incompetent. The process took almost three weeks longer than they had advertised, because they didn't have it made in time and then we were rescheduled three times. The work was sub-par. We had a different company do some countertops in our last house and they did a MUCH better job. We thought we were going to save some money using Home Depot but instead we just wasted our time. They will nickel and dime you for more work at your expense! Unexpected charges all over the place. I can't say enough bad things about our experience. Use a different company!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I went to the Home Depot in Cheektowaga, NY in February to design a kitchen... after several visits to discuss my options, as well as going to Lowe's for an estimate on the SAME kitchen plan. Lowe's was the same price as Home Depot, but I was being given 24 months 0% interest, Lowe's only had 6 months, so of course, I would choose Home Depot. First, let me state, every employee I dealt with at the store as well as other local locations, were wonderful. And I spent OVER $20,000, cabinets, appliances, lighting, materials, paint, brushes, rollers and SO MUCH MORE! I am also a single mother, lived in my house for 15 yrs and this is the FIRST major home improvement I've done, so this is a BIG deal for me.

I LOVE to cook, so was excited about this project. Well, the excitement did NOT last. I was NEVER told that I would need a building permit or an inspector to come to my home when I designed my kitchen, ONE sentence, that's all they should do. After all of my phone calls and complaints, they still are saying this will continue to be their policy??? I told them if I would have been advised, I STILL would have bought my cabinets and appliances but would have had someone else do my install. Now, because I was NOT advised until the DAY BEFORE, I couldn't change it, so the inspector for my municipality likes to be a pain to EVERYONE THAT I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THAT HAS HAD DEALINGS with him. He has brought me 5 weeks BEHIND schedule at this point. I have had to reschedule my appliance delivery twice, my floors being refinished and have had to rip down new drywall twice, all because of the inspector.

Now, if I would have known, I would have had someone I know put my cabinets up, but they did NOT tell me so now I AM behind schedule AND had to RIP DRYWALL down TWICE!!! SO all of my complaining and crying, because that has been daily since I originally dealt with this inspector, the manager of the WNY stores only offered me $200 credit??? I have spent WELL over that in paint alone since I bought the highest level Behr paint, 6 gallons, as well as a 5 gallon bucket of Kiltz primer which all totals more than $500. It's INSANE that a BILLION dollar company is refusing to offer more to satisfy a customer??!!

I told the manager that there is no point in arguing with him, I am so sick that I EVER did this project or went through Home Depot, so to just credit my credit card the $200 and my relationship with their company, Home Depot IS AT AN END... I will NEVER go there again! Not for paint, not for a roller, not for plants, not for ANYTHING!! I will pay my credit card off and cancel the account, he said that he figured as much???!!! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!! GREAT customer service! I have been in retail/customer service for over 30 years and this is NOT the way I have ever treated a customer!!! Suffice it to say, LOWE'S has got a NEW LOYAL customer. As I stated previously, I WILL NEVER GO TO HOME DEPOT AGAIN!!!

Original review: May 10, 2017

We waited 18 years to replace the original 1965 kitchen in our home. Though my husband and I are both professionals, we are not designers, so we played it safe and trusted the Home Depot "designer". We went with a granite that was in the store. It was stunning, and was as smooth as glass. They sent us to the granite warehouse they deal with so that we could "choose" our particular piece.

I am now convinced that this is done to release Home Depot of any responsibility if the granite counter is not satisfactory. The uneducated gains nothing by choosing a slab in a warehouse. Home Depot stresses that it is a natural product and will have imperfections. Well, they were not kidding! Our piece was loaded with imperfections. It is nothing close to the quality of the same product in the store. It had to be filled in several spots, and it does not have that smooth as glass feel that every other granite countertop has. There are rough spots and ruts all over it. I think it is a second - at best.

The tile that the designer approved is really too busy for the granite. We are so disappointed with the overall look of our kitchen that we have warned everyone we know to not even consider spending that much money at a big box store on such a project. We urge folks to seek a professional designer before making decisions that are too expensive to change. Our designer was little help in choosing backsplash or floor. She had about as much color sense as I do - and we should have aborted the whole project rather than sign.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Don't ever go through Home Depot unless you want a headache and tons of shoddy work, mistakes and no response from Home Depot whenever problems occur. My sister and brother in law are currently living a nightmare and it's because of the lack of professionals who have been hired and they are paid low wages too. They won't return calls, aren't taking responsibility for screwed up counters, cabinetry, measuring, etc! Makes me so angry for them.

Original review: May 3, 2017

We recently remodeled our kitchen and decided to use HD in Santa Fe. They not only offered cabinets from the large manufacturers, but also a local, small shop in Albuquerque. We liked their work and ordered the cabinets. Cutting to the chase, the cabinets and the install were fine. My complaint is the cost associated with the work. I'm an ex-banker and I know little about the scope of the work involved in demolishing and reinstalling cabinets. HD quoted us $2,059 for the demo, $2136 for the installation and $2200 for the electric. My kitchen is approximately 15' x 15', not exactly a mansion. We have a contractor we've been using for other projects and he said he could do the demo and the electric for $1500.

We contacted HD to tell them we were using our contractor and asked if we should also have him do the install. They told us that the project would not have a warranty if we did. So we went with their installer. At that time I didn't have another quote for the install and I had no idea of how much was involved with it. Well, when the day came, the installer (one person) arrived. I asked who else was helping him and he said that this was a small, easy job with very few cabinets. He said he would be done before 5pm and he was. I was flabbergasted. Over $2100 for one laborer for 7 hours, which is over $300 per hour.

I've complained to HD corporate and the local manager and was told to forget it. I've spent over $25k during the last year there and it meant nothing. This is the worst gouge I've ever had. I'm deciding whether or not to pursue a more aggressive approach. I think HD was very negligent in not explaining what the job entailed. I had no idea if it was a two or three person job that would take multiple days. Had I known, I would have never agreed to using them.

Original review: March 31, 2017

11 months ago, the original Home Depot contractor arrived at our home to reface our kitchen cabinets. The guy was a total woodbutcher. He cut corners, tried to work too fast, tried to force things to fit rather than take the time to do it right, left streaks for contact cement all over our driveway, etc. About three months later the real horror show began. About 70% of the laminate began to bubble, peel at the joints, or separate from the surface it was glued to. Trying to get Home Depot to fix everything was a nightmare. They are incredibly disorganized. Orders were lost, people arrived at our home not knowing what they needed to do, without the right materials or tools. There was no coordination at all. After 11 months, a new installer, who we think we have some real confidence in, has just redone the whole job. Our fingers are crossed. This job was coordinated out of Ft. Myers, FL.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Terrible experience using Home Depot for new kitchen. Waited 6 weeks for cabinets & when they finally arrived & were installed 5 of the cabinets were a different design. It was very difficult to reach person who assisted us with the design (off for a few days, out to lunch). Would leave a message with someone else & receive no callback. I actually got in contact with the design person one day & she told me she couldn't talk because she was busy stocking shelves!

We finally got another sales person to correct the mistake. We had hired our own installer so it cost us extra to have replacement fronts put in. In addition to this they sent us the wrong crown molding & also made a mistake in the cabinet above the refrigerator & then wanted to charge me another $200 to correct it! It was a total disaster. I would never recommend them to anyone. The store we dealt with was located in Wilkes Barre Pa. On the positive side, the subcontractor they use for the granite countertops was really good.

Original review: March 27, 2017

We purchased a Maytag oven at Home Depot and were misinformed. We asked for a self cleaning oven and the salesman showed us an aqua lift system. Well 800.00 later we found out the system was just for minor spills. The oven has to be scrubbed and we are disabled. We called Maytag and they said that Home Depot will exchange it for us and when we called them they said they do not do that. So we are stuck. Suffice to say we will never shop at Home Depot or buy a Maytag appliance again.

Original review: March 21, 2017

My experience has not been satisfactory. I purchased a kitchen counter top recently (laminate) from Home Depot. They sent out a estimator to my home to measure the counter top. The following day I went to Home Depot & spoke with the designer regarding a change that was required on my laminate. I gave her the information, she entered the information into the computer & I thought we were done.

A week had passed & I received a call from the installer telling me that we could not get rounded edges for the laminate. He would have to come back & re-measure. My problem is that when the estimator was measuring & noticed that we had rounded edges why didn't he ask us if we wanted rounded edges. He should know. That's his business. Because we are selling our house & we are on a time crunch we cannot afford to wait for the estimator to come out & measure again. Not sure why he would have to re-measure. I only want round edges nothing else.

For that reason I will never recommend Home Depot for any kind of work. The same thing happened to my friend who had laminate installed by Home Depot. He was not advised he had choices. Home Depot needs people who are qualified. They should be a list of questions they ask the person that is having the work done. A very disappointed customer.

Original review: March 14, 2017

What a mess. I paid for the demolishing 500 in the store. Judy the sales person was very nice. I got sucked in... The guys came to my home and said they were placing the granite over my tiled kitchen. They weren't too happy with taking down the tile. Who puts granite on top of tile? I was scared to fight with them, they made a call and took it off. But they were rough in taking down the tiles and ripped the newly painted wall with the tiles. I have to paint in areas. I also had to get a electrician in to fix the electric outlets none in the wall in right they are just hanging... Not happy. Terrible communication with the phone systems at Home Depot, no one picks up the phone. I am disputing the charge for sure. Don't use them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Marathon FL store never buying anything again. I bought a kitchen and appliance. The kitchen had cabinets on back order I was never told about so 4 deliveries later and 3 months I get all the cabinets. The counter top was measured but they never ordered the Corian so a month goes by and I get a call from HD wanting to set up a template for the countertop. I tell them it was done a month ago. They then call me back and tell me the Corian was never ordered and it would be another month. I cancel the order and had the countertop made local in two weeks. Never order anything from HD. The appliances arrive and the stove is the wrong one 3 months later and 5 failed delivery attempts. The delivery CO never calls or shows up. I demand a refund and bought one stove local. Never order anything from the marathon FL store.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

We are remodeling a kitchen in Ormond Beach, FL. We choose Home Depot since we are not familiar with our area. Big big mistake! The contractor, George **, verbally stood in our kitchen and told my husband and myself that it would take 6-8 weeks to complete the project and we agreed on a start date of January 1st, 2017. Excited we signed the contract.

Now reality sets in. Since we are out of state and trying to deal with this from afar things became more complicated. Apparently the verbal contract is a come on and what you end up signing is 6-12 weeks MINIMUM! They do not show up for weeks on end. If you would like pictures of the progress I would be more than happy to forward them to you. Wanted all other consumers to be very wary and take a lot of time reading all the fine print in the contract. Do not be carried away with excitement of the project because you will be extremely disappointed. Basically you would spend much less financially and certainly emotionally by going to a private kitchen remodel store. To be clear, we are dealing with Home Depot in Daytona Beach, FL. Please let me know your experience.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Went online and made an appointment with Home Depot for an in-home consultation for kitchen island refacing or replacing. HD called and said that the appointment that I had made online was actually unavailable. Then HD then said they weren't interested because it did not include the entire kitchen. In fact, most of the resurfacing space is coming from kitchen island since both front and back of the island is free standing. Customer service was rude and unaccommodating, and they refused to even hear me out. So I am going to Lowe's instead for everything else now.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I was excited but price is high, then it takes a long time. Choices are limited. Granite company put everything on hold and wants us to drive one hour to their company to drop standard sink to them?! Very sad, disappointed and betrayed by pricing. Do not even think about it, much cheaper with a contractor or local company.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

My countertops were supposed to be installed 12/27/16, but because the cutout for the sink was measured incorrectly (the sink was onsite the day of the measure AND the employee had the sink template) quartz on the island couldn't be installed. Duracite was not willing to install any earlier than 1/5/17! In the meantime I had no functioning sink/dishwasher so Duracite agreed to install a temporary sink...well, they broke my air gap and the end of my dishwasher hose and didn't bother mentioning it when they installed my sink and countertop. Food from the disposal started backing into my dishwasher.

After several unsuccessful calls to Duracite and Home Depot, I tried to fix it myself, but because the setup was rigged I cannot use the dishwasher or the disposal. Finally, I was able to get Home Depot to take action and set up an appointment for Duracite to repair... and Duracite didn't show up or even call on the day of the appointment even though it had been confirmed the day before! I now have a stinky, unusable kitchen with beautiful quartz countertops. If your local Home Depot uses Duracite for countertop installation PLEASE go elsewhere. Trust me, the few extra hundred bucks is worth it to not have to deal with the nightmare that I am dealing with.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information