Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens

3.3/5 (170 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Kitchens

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Kitchens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 25, 2022

DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT!! The company requires payment upfront. The work is contracted out. The HD coordinators are nice enough until there is an issue then they are rude, will not return your calls and incompetent in every aspect. When the countertops were going in and the cooktop needed to be moved, HD said it was my problem that they didn't know that an electrician may be needed to disconnect the cooktop. Damages done while installing my countertops include gaping holes that according to HD was "unforeseen" and therefore my problem.

The backsplash installer tiled over an electrical outlet which resulted in 4 other outlets no longer working. I asked for someone from HD to come out and inspect the work at completion but HD refuses. They have their money and are not interested. THE WORST EXPERIENCE with a major company in my lifetime. I would give them less than zero stars if possible.

Original review: May 24, 2022

May 18th 2021 I contracted HD to reface my kitchen. I told the sales person I wanted the doors/drawers large enough to cover the frames of the cabinets. The refacing began Sept 23, 2021, it was supposed to take 5 days it took 3 days. The doors/drawers were not as I asked and later found out HD does not extend them beyond 1/2 inch. The sales person did not tell me, had I known I would not have used HD. The contractor left my kitchen a mess. Door was on backwards, drawers wouldn't open/close properly, most of the handles crooked. It took 2 days cleaning the kitchen in order to replace groceries/dishes. Shavings left from drilling and shavings from the laminate. Dust everywhere. It took 6 month to complete the job, HD sent a handyman several times to fix the problems. I will never recommend them.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I purchased custom order cabinets for a kitchen reno. They were 2 months late, but worse, they were a horrible quality, doors coming apart in our hands. One cupboard was water damaged? We had no water. Our sink had been pulled out. The 3rd pantry was 12” deep. The other 2 were 24” deep. I guess I was to attach it to thin air? The over range cabinets were leaving only 19” between the stove. Code is 30” on my range, which was in the designer’s pictures. Getting things resolved has taken 3 months. The woman who designed this retired? So I’m told. She was rude and bothered with any change I made before final decision. She also mismeasured the space. She was short 9” on the long wall. My drawer cabinet does not fit. Had to put it in the island making it slightly too large.

The resolution has been worse. The man wouldn’t answer me for days or a week more. Once told me that there were other people needed him First who have gas leaks, roof leaks etc. This is serious if there are that many complaints! It’s taken 3 months to get the replacement cabinets only to have one fall apart and no hardware in drawers. I’ve had to pay a contractor to do what we were going to because of problems with it all. Now I told I was to be compensated for all the trouble…. but….once again, no one will answer me!

Original review: March 26, 2022

I had an absolute terrible experience with them. The Home Depot project support coordinators were extremely incompetent, uncaring, and rude. Many of the contractors had no idea what they were doing, or even if they did they did a poor job with lots of defects. It took 6 months for the dishwasher to arrive and it was so damaged it had to be returned and we still don't have a dishwasher. I would steer clear from these guys.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

We purchased cabinets kitchen cabinets from Home Depot in Aug 2020, 4 months later cabinets are delaminating and Woodcrafters / Home Depot will not stand behind their product, use caution buying from Home Depot, we were not looking for new cabinets just door replacements.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I had a terrible experience with the Home Depot. I contracted them to install a new countertop and the backsplash in my kitchen. The Home Depot will send different contractors to do the countertop, a plumber and then a third one for the backsplash. When you ask questions, they have no idea and no-one can explain to you next steps. I did not hear once from the project coordinator other than for scheduling an appointment for the measurements. Various contractors start contacting you and you have no clue what’s happening. When they finally arrive to do the job, they all just say that they are only doing their specific job and then ask you to sign something when they are done. As a customer you have no clue if you should sign or not, cause the contractors just tell you that someone else will come to continue the job, and you have no clue what their responsibility is because the Home Depot vanishes the moment you sign the contract. There is no coordination by the Home Depot.

In my case the window sill was not done, and the contractors left the kitchen in a terrible space. After I contacted my project coordinator, finally the person who took the original measurements came back and agreed with my complaints. He said they would send someone to fix it within a few days. It’s been three weeks and I have not heard back. The customer service is terrible, the Home Depot’s Contractors work is subpar. Some of the tiles on my backsplash are actually sticking out cause the contractors did a terrible job installing them. I paid 10k for my kitchen, I would have rather paid more for a service well done. Instead they charged all this money and my kitchen is unfinished and they didn’t do the window sill as per the contract, kitchen overall looks unfinished. Will never contract Home Depot again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I contracted with Home Depot May 15 2021 to do a kitchen remodel.. 8 months later, work is not nearly done.. I am left without plumbing and cooktop.. They keep demanding more money, I have paid close to 75 percent.. They have disrupted my life, my health and don't seem to care. They need to be held accountable.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Paid HD $32K for kitchen remodel. Countertop we ordered was back ordered 3 months - fine. They called to schedule 1 month early-YAY. They installed wrong cabinets & wrong countertop. Now told 3 more months to wait-BOO! Have holes in walls till then.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Had I known, I wouldn’t have wasted my time and money with Home Depot. The designer, Elzbieta, was great. Then the installers had the audacity to tell me that I would have to store the Cabinets IN MY HOME for THREE WEEKS, while the my got permits and did demo. Totally unacceptable! DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME! I would give them a zero if I could.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Over 25+ yrs construction pro, installed and managed sales in these areas for a time for them. Contractor services. Long ago... Now, it shows in the quality of the work and effort is $ driving. Poor quality. Will never refer any of my customers or family to HD. You never know how the much crafty magic you will need to do. A one day install can turn in to a 2-3 day install quick. Take it from a pro big store mindset shipping don't mix with fine furniture... Think about it. It's subgrade materials passing off as solid wood... Only solid parts are door face and edges and only truly save 3-9% over custom solid builds. Unless you are pulling off the shelf and inspect it very very carefully.

As an installer and "design true" remodeling pro... I received many a constant flaw, damaged, scratched, blotched orders, restocked gouging, no door, forklift fork not needed in cabinet design, pantry= it twins leaning tower in Rome, forget the trim and toe kick that's extra, overlay cab door not what that means...man! Moments. For example yesterday's HD experience triggers this...

(Fred) one of my longest full time laborer said after delivery on window and other cabinets pending from previous delay "...Yesterdays HD order came (pause...sad lower tone)... It was like Christmas morning as a kid opening up presents. (Pause-deep messy broken inhale like a child's trying not to cry.) ... " "Then you find out your family religion does not practice Christmas and you get socks for your birthday on that same date. They are too small and not gender appropriate." Window was not retrofit and they took it off of the original shipping base and it warped out of square. And side panels to finish the job are not matching the color and 24/97 pantry has a forklift rubber in it with a peephole. Who freaking leaves their used beat up rubbers behind really... Pick up afterwards "que no!"

Construction guys are so funny... But it is unfortunately the only thing keeping us sane after this job. So. Cal Depot Indio CA. But not just here Santa Fe, NM, 2021 late July....this summer job I straight out told them cancelled. Not even going there. Too much other stuff going on... Do not need that used solid wood builder locally and gave me huge discount for upselling the bath for same customer after I told them 200 more saves us 4 week wait and bath vanity to match like she thought she wasn't going to be able to afford. And there it is... Last resort or rental fixes only or Flips etc. But off the shelves and inspect carefully... Work was not hard.

God bless,