Home Depot Kitchens

Stars Rating

• 0%
  • 98%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2023

Purchased a bathroom vanity. When unpackaged it, shelf was broken. Returned to store and had two different employees in the department request I return the shelf that was broke, and they would replace it. Department manager got involved and refused to replace it. Very abrupt & rude. Absolutely never returning to the Home Depot on Sweden Way in Richmond.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed July 20, 2023

On 4/10/23, Home Depot installed my backsplash for a total of $2,155.90. The total cost of the kitchen renovation was $11,683.50 which is excessive for a small kitchen. Already, there are visible gaps and cracks throughout the backsplash. I could tell that the contractor did not know how to properly install glass tile and installed it as if it was any other tile. Clearly, he did not use the proper materials, as evidenced by the images. One of the cracks in the backsplash is approximately 21 inches long! Adding insult to injury, Home Depot overcharged me and refused to issue a refund for subpar work. I know that the backsplash will not pass inspection and I paid all of this money for nothing. I attempted to file a complaint with Home Depot and obtain a complete refund for the improper installation and kitchen organizers that did not fit my cabinet and were not as described.

I have been neglected, which is aggravating. They even attempted to defraud me by fabricating kitchen organizer refund amounts when they finally responded after weeks of ignoring me. They informed me that I purchased a blind kitchen optimizer for $300. I was able to locate my in-store purchase receipt on my own and the receipt determined that I paid $921.00 for a single item. If I had signed for the Sales & Return receipt I was pressured to sign before receiving an itemized account, I would have nearly been cheated out of $600. I complained to corporate about this and they did nothing. Please do not hire this business. This has been a nightmarish experience. I will have to file a lawsuit to recover my money.

I had another contractor come out and look at the newly installed backsplash. He informed me that this backsplash cannot be repaired due to the fragility of the surrounding glass tiles, which would be damaged if the individual sections were removed. This contractor has quoted me thousands of dollars to repair the backsplash, and Home Depot has refused to issue a refund or even address the issue. Home Depot doesn't care after they were paid. This is unacceptable. Please choose another company for your kitchen reface project. It's reputable companies out here that are honest and know what they are installing. It's simply not worth it to go with Home Depot. Don't believe because Home Depot is a big box retailer that their contractors will install things properly. This is not true and you will pay for it.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 4, 2023

I went to Home Depot with exact measurements for all of the custom kitchen cabinets that I wanted installed. I even provided them a detailed blueprint of how I wanted the completed kitchen to look like. They insisted that their contractor had to come and perform their own measurements. The person came and made the measurements. To reduce the price of the project I removed the existing cabinets, discarded them and prepared the walls for the installation. I never received any notification from the store nor the vendor that the plans that I submitted were not used. I had to remove and replace my backsplash because their measurements were off. I also had to redo my kitchen floor because the base cabinets were smaller (thinner). Even, the countertops were not the ones I ordered.

I complained to the store, and even to their headquarters to no avail. Now several months later the material under the base cabinet with the sink is expanding and I both called and wrote Home Depot a letter stating that this needs to be repaired I have heard nothing back. I am now considering suing them for the cost of the entire project which also exceeded what they originally told me it would cost. I recommend that you do not USE HOME DEPOT for home improvement jobs.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 15, 2023

Home Depot Kitchen Remodel Review - My project started in August 2022 and was finally complete in May of 2023. August 20, 2022, we started the project, 9 days later someone from KTM Home services (the company Home Depot hired) came to measure our kitchen counters/cabinets and discuss our options. Thing were going well. September 2022 the cabinets were ordered. We paid for the project in full in October 2022, cabinets were in by November 2022. A few had some damage and were reordered.

I reached out December 22, 2022, to find out the status and the cabinets were all in. January 17,2023, we met with the project manager, Shawn, who informed us we had to wait another 10-12 weeks. I received a call from Leslie at HD-she wanted to know the lead time, she was not happy KTM said another 10-12 weeks. I reached out to the PM Shawn with a question about our dishwasher and received no response. I waited 11 weeks before I started reaching out to find out the start date of my project. I texted the PM twice with no response, I emailed KTM, HD-no response. I called the PM; he said it would be another 3 weeks. Totally unacceptable.

I finally got a call from Leslie at HD; she had the president of KTM email me and he called me. He said that they moved a few things around and would start my project the Monday of week twelve since meeting with the PM in January. Monday April 10, 2023, the project started. We had taken out all the cabinets/sink and moved all our appliances for KTM. Day 1 the plumber came, day two electrician came. I was charged $1400 for the electrician even though I had already paid $2960 for electrical work in my contract. The demo of the soffits and walls were all done in week 1.

PM told me the contractor who did the demo would patch and match our textured ceiling. He did patch it, but never texturized the celling. Cabinets were installed. The contractor damaged the top of the panty, so he placed a piece of trim on the top to cover the area. I kept telling the contractor that the pantry had roll out shelves, he kept telling me they were normal shelves, I had to take them out of the box and show him. He installed them, but 2 of the rollers do not work properly

I reached out to Shawn on 4/23/23 with pictures about the ceiling not being texturized and I mentioned the pantry roll out shelves were an issue as well. I received no response from Shawn.

I worked with Gerrity Stone for my counter installation. They were great to work with, they responded via email/phone promptly. They gave me a date/time for the measurements and then we set up install within 9 days. They called with an install date/time, came on time, installed, cleaned up and it was a smooth process.

I let PM Shawn know the date for the counter install so he could set up the plumber. The day the plumber was supposed to come, May 11, 2023- I waited until 2PM and reached out to Shawn to find out where the plumber was, the plumber forgot to add me to his calendar. May 12,2023, the plumber finally showed up and installed my dishwasher, but then the electrician had to come back to fix the outlet to the dishwasher. I was told the electrician would be at my house the same day, he showed up on Saturday.

I reached out to Leslie and the president of KTM regarding my ceiling issue. I had contacted another company since no one was doing anything at KTM to resolve my ceiling issue. The company I spoke with took a look at my ceiling and said that my cabinets need to come down so the ceiling can be sanded and texturized. I have not heard back from KTM about fixing my ceiling or what they plan to do about it. I should not have to pay another company to fix the issues KTM has caused,

Overall, HD was alright to work with-Leslie who was my contact and Steve who helped design the layout was fine. Gerrity Stone was fantastic, KTM was awful. Home Depot needs to find a better third part contractor to hire. KTM Home Services was terrible. The PM was useless, never responded, the contractor did not match my ceiling, I was charged an extra $1400 for electrical work with no real reason since I already paid $2960 upfront. My pantry rollers are still broken and my ceiling needs to be fixed. Find another place to do your kitchen remodel.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2023

Was told 1-2 weeks. 3 months later, not finished. Sent a drunk guy to do cabinets. 3 days. All had to be ripped out. 4 weeks later came back to finish. Ordered wrong backsplash 3, yes 3 times! Wife disabled. Had to cancel 9 doctor's appointments. Had to take 11 days off work. My $20k remodel has now cost me $27k. 9 different associates. Still nothing!! Been living out totes for 3 months. Do NOT hire these people!!

Reviewed April 3, 2023

Went to Home Depot in Boynton Beach with a list of cabinets needed and the representative told me next day delivery, I accepted and the second day received email rescheduling the delivery for another day, the third day received another email saying that home depot cancelling some of the cabinets because they not have in stock and the next day received 3 of 8 items and one already was in shipping so I cancelled completely my order. Logically can’t do Different cabinet in 1 kitchen, I called 8 times customer service and no one can help for a refund. They just switch me to a company called Retail Equation and they refuse my refund for 1 cabinet that was shipped back to home depot warehouse, it’s frustrating and bad management.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed March 21, 2023

Do not buy American Woodmark cabinets expecting quality in their construction, you will be very disappointed. We purchased a kitchen and pantry area set of cabinets and had myriad of quality issues, predominantly in appearance, but not limited to that alone. The company replaced about half of our doors due to issues, however, the replacements were no better than the originals in most cases. The exterior of the cases have very poor paint covering, we did receive new "skins" to cover them from the manufacturer, however, they want hundreds of dollars to apply them and besides that, this would negatively effect the overall appearance. Bottom line, these are not worth the money, even with their "30% off" deal.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2022

After this experience I will never use Home Depot again. It was the worst mistake of my life. I was look to refinish cabinets and replace countertops. The sales lady, Jennifer P from the Keller, TX store came out the first week of June of 2022. She measured. Gave me the quote. It was higher than I was hoping for but figured with Home Depot being big company, more overhead and Jennifer tells me that things are slower because of supply chain issues but because HD is able to get things faster than most due to their size and volume and I should have a pretty quick turnaround and they offer interest free financing for 2 years.

Red flag: HD charges 100% of the fee up front. I am a little concerned but Jennifer tells me about all the benefits that HD offers and they guarantee all their work. So I sign up. Then all the issues happened. After a month nothing happening and unanswered emails from Jennifer. I finally track down the installation group of HD. I learn my installation person is Victoria. After a week of calling, talking to other reps who won't help and keep telling me I have to talk to Victoria I finally get her to pick up. She tells me there is something wrong with my order and someone will call me. I ask her, "What," she says a measurement issue and a supervisor will call me to discuss. A few days go by no one contacts me. I call, leave VMs and can't get a hold of anyone.

I email Jennifer several time. No response. Then Jennifer emails me back saying she messed up and I need to sign a change order form and pay another $3000. I tell her, "No thanks" and I ask for her manager's number who is Danny. I call him and he tells me we can cancel the contract or pay more. I decline and think the deal is off and start seeking other bids. Then Danny calls me and lets me know HD decided to eat the cost and everything is back on. I tell him, "I want it cancelled." He said, "Sorry but since the price didn't change the project is still on." I am not happy. After another two months of calling and submitting BBB complaints. Victoria calls and lets me know she is looking to schedule an installation date. This is the end of September now. They install. They "refinish" the cabinets by slapping on white boards and molding.

The installation guy does a terrible job. Bad cuts. Nails sticking out. Reinstall the microwave incorrectly. So many issues and there were several doors which were the wrong size. So the guy tells me he will have to reorder the items that were wrong. Note they came out to measure 3 times. Then the countertop contractor calls to install the countertops. They show up. It is wrong size. They apologize and say they will contact HD. It is now the end of December. I have been calling and emailing them every few days. No response from anyone.

I am working with the dispute guy named Austin. He doesn't respond and closes out my BBB complaint. A new person calls named Joye. She tells me they have had the cabinet doors for 3 months and can now install them. The guy comes out and come to find they are the wrong door style, it doesn't match the others they installed. HD will not respond. No idea if they will ever get this fixed. It has been six months. Still not done and no end in sight. DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT Services. Buyer you have been warned. I still can't believe how incompetent this company is. I will never use HD again.

Reviewed Nov. 13, 2022

We bought a pantry from Home Depot. Brought home to put together. The hole placements were all wrong on 6 of the pieces. Not enough screws and joints to put together. Plus they cut Styrofoam to pack it. We had to vacuum every piece. We took out of the box outside because all the white pieces were everywhere. Now in the truck and yard....

Staff

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2022

Very bad service. They didn't tell me or let me know anything. I will not be doing business with them ever again. They are horrible for not telling me anything and not far for me. I don't understand why they can't be better to help customer out.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2022

We paid Home Depot almost 40,000 dollars last November for a kitchen that was never completed. We were sold a new countertop, backsplash and refinishing of cabinets. After 20 weeks of waiting and purchasing our hardware, new faucets and beginning the required prep work we finally received an update that we shouldn't have been sold the kitchen and they could not complete the work. Never mind the purchases we made and the demo we started on their instructions.

What is worse we didn't even learn this from the team that took our money we had to call other stores and have them check the notes to find out the job was going to be cancelled. We are out the money we spent, we have a partially torn up kitchen and we have still not gotten our money back. The manager we worked with is named Greg ** and he does not call back when he says, his voicemail has been full for weeks, and we gave this team every opportunity (12 months) to refund before writing this review. This is disappointing to say the least.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2022

Needed to purchase a refrigerator. Went to HD looking, the salesperson wasn't interested when I said I was just looking for now. I found her again & asked about 33 inch wide refrigerators. She went around putting a Post It note on all the 33 in fridges then left again. I asked a salesperson. He let her know I had questions & I know I heard her say something derogatory & then came over. I told her I needed it delivered & installed, date of delivery, no show, called the hotline to find out why, not sure what they told me but I finally got it about a week or so later. Didn't know about the 48 hr thing.

The freezer door will only open - half way. It was still sitting in my kitchen with all the packaging still on so I called the hotline again & explained to them as I did with the salesperson, that I was not physically able to bend down & had no idea what to do. After much complaining on the hotline they sent someone out a few days later to set it up for me. I was home when it arrived but had to leave. Someone was there to make sure it was all done right but they indicated they do not set up the insides. One guy spoke no English & the other spoke very little English. I have learned to call the hotline to get action. HD policies needs serious attention and correction.

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2022

I say AMAZINGLY positive, only because I expected way less. This isn't my first rodeo with HD! Our other purchases were ranking in the -1 to 1 stars area for customer service, damaged merchandise thrown on my lawn, refusal to pick up said damaged item etc etc etc, NOT SO LONG AGO! I was relentless, with them and I’m sure they can even recall me by name!

If I rate this purchase alone, on overall experience, I would have to give this purchase a 4 star review. Not due to the delivery or merchandise as that went absolutely HITCH FREE! My issue was due to 'dispatch' not making that 'boasted' 30 minute call, before the delivery arrived. My rating is 5 stars because I believe HD went above and beyond after my last 3 experiences with them. My ratings have gone from an average of .5 stars for 3 purchases, to a 4 star experience. To me this is WAY ABOVE IMPROVEMENT! Thank you! And now for my experience….

I've had my issues with online purchases through Home Depot, but this time, they really did redeem themselves. I've been through the HORRIBLE delays, one company blaming the other, having to track down my purchase through a third party, damaged deliveries and other issues that should have sent me running to another supplier. So I didn't expect any different THIS go around. The issue for me was budget, because of course we always have lots of extra cash when our appliances decide to die on us, so I have to say I shopped Labor Day sales at several box stores. HD won by about $30. UGH!

While I wasn't impressed at first, I found that with my recent purchase, I was given a new feature of a tracking page that I found was in real time. I was given a 4 hour window for delivery, but in addition, I was able to track what number I was in line and how many deliveries were before me. While I DID get my item ON TIME and with respectful delivery people, I did NOT receive the promised phone call 30 minutes ahead of the delivery the website boasts. If it WAS MADE, they have neglected to update my phone number on their end of things, from my last 3 purchases. But I was tracking it all day and it worked out PERFECTLY!

I put 5 stars because this is an AMAZING change from the issues we had previously with HD and their following through with calls and returned calls. So hopefully next time I can give a 5 star rating on OVERALL SINGLE service! FINGERS CROSSED! Just REALLY HOPING THAT WON'T BE ANYTIME SOON WITH ANOTHER BLASTED DYING APPLIANCE! THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsCoveragePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2022

We signed a contract with Home Depot to reface the cabinets in the kitchen, new countertops, and backsplash. I was told a crew would come out and begin the job. We had one man band come out to handle this job. Instead of just refacing the cabinets they redesigned my kitchen which we never asked for or wanted. The refacing of the cabinets were put on incorrectly. The backsplash which was supposed to be flush was sticking out and uneven. The backsplash was never even completed. He covered it up with our refrigerator where it was not done. The countertops were not what we ordered and were measured incorrectly. I had Cambria come out and look at the countertops and he even told me they were measured incorrectly. In the contract they billed us for a plumber that never came. We had to get our own plumber in here while the gentleman was still in the job. It took almost 2 months just to get that money back.

After numerous phone calls and finally going to corporate they came back out to look at the completed job. It was agreed-upon that they would come back, takeoff the backsplash and redo it and only replace one small countertop. They did not replace the big one which now has my range over too far and not even with it overhead fan. They did come back out and start but never finished. My kitchen is now torn apart and Unfinished. The gentleman took our electric out and we were even left with no electric in the kitchen. I got a phone call saying they would give me $1500 to have somebody come in and complete the job. I’ve had three estimates and the cheapest one was $24,000 to get this back correctly. I even had to pay for an electrician to get my electric connected. I was told the worker had a license to do electric but I can’t find it anywhere.

In the state of Pennsylvania, it’s my understanding that a contractor cannot ask for payment in full, as a down payment, only 1/3 of the price. In order to get this job done we had to pay approximately $27,000 upfront to start the job. As senior citizens on fixed-income this is a disgrace. Company as big as Home Depot would do this. Do not hire them. Save yourself the trouble. I have to now go to court to get my money back. The lawyer is going to cost me more money. Avoid Home Depot!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupCoveragePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2022

Updated on 10/04/2022: 4 months after original order, and receiving no paperwork for the order, I come home to find a letter sent UPS that notified me that I had a 3 day cancellation window. This is the first notification I had of any cancellation policy. 4 months too late!

Original Review: I scheduled an in-home estimate to decide if replacing or refacing was the best way to go. Upon entering my home I told the salesman what I was wanting to find out. He immediately told me my small kitchen would be 24k to replace. After the shock wore off I decided to let him tell me about the refacing. After going thru his sales pitch and seeing the products he's told me that refacing would be 14k. Still a bit shocking, but figured with a difference of 10k refacing was the way I should go. He then told me there was one problem, the wait for install was 8 months out. If I wanted to get on the schedule I would need to order and pay right away! I didn't want to wait that long, but figured I better get on the list or install would not be until into the next year.

Shortly after planning the order and paying, I began worrying that I had made a mistake. I decided to make an appointment with another home store to get more information. After doing a computer design of my kitchen, I was quoted just over 8k for replacing with NEW cabinets. I was furious that the HD salesman so quickly lied to me, telling me that the new cabinets would be 3 times the actual cost to replace with all new cabinets. And these new cabinets were the best of the 3 options available, not a discounted in-stock item.

I called to inform them I wanted to cancel my order and have my money refunded. I was told there would be a 35% cancellation fee, which I was never previously informed about, even though my project was still more than 5 months out! I advanced my complaint to Customer Care only to be given excuse after excuse and to have representatives continue to cover and make excuses for the salesman. This is how important customer service is to Home Depot! I was never advised of ANY cancellation fee, nor was I ever given any paperwork for the order.

All forms were signed electronically and no copy given to me. So, now I have filed the complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's office and am waiting to hear from them. This is how well Home Depot appreciates their loyal customers. I for one will never step for into one of their stores again, and will tell everyone I know just how they do business. Instead of fixing the problem they cover it up and continue to take advantage of their customers with their unscrupulous business practices.

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2022

We ordered kitchen cabinets for our renovation project. HD confirmed delivery July 21st. We received 50% of our order. We spoke to HD several times and each time they said it will be delivered or is out for delivery. They did confirm Coyote Logistics was suppose to deliver the 2nd half of our order. Several calls later and today is Aug 2nd, HD said our product is lost and there is nothing they can do about it., Too bad. This screw up is costing us $291 per day, but HD and all of their employees don’t care. Customer service is non-existent. Do not order anything from HD if they do not have the inventory in the store. They use JW and Coyote Logistics in AZ and these two companies could not find their right foot if they had to and HD doesn’t give a crap.

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed July 29, 2022

Nothing but a total nightmare from the beginning. I did the kitchen design process with a designer online, which apparently complicates things even more if you don't do it in store. Impossible for them to get in touch with the contractor, who only responds about once a week. Contractor also provided very vague estimate and I had to go back through my designer multiple times to ask the contractor additional questions. My advice, do your own quality assurance! My designer picked the wrong countertops, which I only caught because the price was different than what was listed online. Then the contractor wanted to charge for installation of 9 cabinets, while I only had 8. Contractor also said countertop people do the plumbing, which they don't because I called the countertop company and checked. But here's the best part..... I didn't find out until after I purchased my cabinets and countertops that they request payment in full for the labor!!! Who does that?!

I said I was ok with a down payment and then paying the remaining balance after the work was complete, but Home Depot wasn't having it. I would steer clear. I now have kitchen cabinets sitting in my living room with nobody to install them. In the process of hiring someone who can actually handle doing this job. Oh and I purchased cabinets from American Woodmark, recommended by the designer. I uploaded photos.

Installation & SetupPunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 18, 2022

Installation and construction jobs promised during site verification: During my initial kitchen design process, I received two site verification visits by two different Home Depot contractors. It was discovered during the site verification process that door casings and all molding would need to be removed, the ceiling HVAC vent would need to be rotated, water heater would need to be removed, and wall and ceiling drywall would probably need to be repaired. The two different contractors that visited my home told me that they would do this work as part of the demolition and installation work. The only thing I would be responsible for was installation of flooring, which I made separate arrangements for.

When the crew arrived to complete the demo of my kitchen, I now had a third, different contractor, and it seemed as though none of these details were communicated to them and they weren’t even told what aspects of the kitchen were meant to be demoed. They were stunned when I told them that the closet was being demoed, even though it is clearly noted in my design packet. They did not know about the movement of the HVAC vent and they said I would need to hire someone to complete the drywall and ceiling repairs. They also did not unhook or remove the water heater. I have now had to hire subcontractors and pay additional money to:

• demo remaining molding and casings;
    • repair walls due to holes made during demo;
    • repair ceiling due to holes made during demo;
    • rotate HVAC vent and repair ceiling; and

• unhook and remove water heater.

Initial wait time for cabinet manufacturing and delivery: Due to COVID-19 and supply chain issues, I was informed that my estimated manufacture and delivery timeline would be expanded from the normal 6 to 8 weeks to 10 to 15 weeks, which I agreed to. I ended up waiting 25 weeks from my order date for the delivery of cabinets. Upon delivery, documentation shows that part of my cabinets sat in the warehouse from May 16, 2022 to July 12, 2022, while the other half of my cabinets were delivered to the wrong address and then later delivered to me unboxed and damaged.

Mislabeling and miscommunication with TSP delivery service: At the end of May 2022, I first became aware that half of my cabinet order had been accidentally mislabeled with another person’s name and address. After contacting Home Depot, I was instructed to contact the shipping company Tri State Precision Inc. (TSP). They told me they only had one cabinet order for me and that the other order number I provided was in the name of a Joshua **, but they would try to straighten out the issue.

When I informed the Home Depot of this issue, they called the shipping company and were told that the cabinets had been delivered to this other person. Shortly after, the Home Depot began an order for new cabinets to be manufactured. Within another week, I was contacted by the shipping company who falsely explained that the cabinets had never left the warehouse and they were ready to schedule delivery, so Home Depot cancelled my new cabinet order. On July 12, when my cabinets were delivered, the delivery driver informed me that my cabinets had previously been delivered to a different address, and that they were damaged, but he was told to put them back in the truck and deliver them anyway. He helped me to identify each one that was damaged. It was very easy to tell as the cabinets had been unboxed and were just wrapped in brown paper.

At this point, this began to feel less like a miscommunication and more like being lied to about the state of my cabinets. When I called the delivery company, as my cabinets were coming in the door, they could not offer an explanation as to what had happened and said I should contact Home Depot. I have now had to provide documentation of the damaged cabinets to the manufacturer and will have to wait another six to eight weeks, if not more to receive my new cabinets.

Wait Time and Displacement Before Installation: When speaking with the project coordinator Amelia, she scheduled my kitchen demolition for July 12 to coincide with the delivery of my kitchen cabinets. Their rationale for this was that the contractor would be present and would be able to account for all necessary materials and ensure the quality of the cabinets while demo was happening. The demo was completed during the hours of 8:00 to 12:00 PM and the cabinets arrived at 5:30 PM. The contractor and the crew did not return for the delivery of the cabinets to assess their completeness or quality.

Now, since July 12, my house is packed to the ceiling with cabinet boxes, my kitchen is demolished, and now I don’t have all of the cabinets to be able to put the kitchen back together. It is likely another six weeks before new cabinets are completed, and then wait for shipping, and availability of the crew return and install. My house is really not livable at the moment and now I am to be displaced longer.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed May 25, 2022

DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT!! The company requires payment upfront. The work is contracted out. The HD coordinators are nice enough until there is an issue then they are rude, will not return your calls and incompetent in every aspect. When the countertops were going in and the cooktop needed to be moved, HD said it was my problem that they didn't know that an electrician may be needed to disconnect the cooktop. Damages done while installing my countertops include gaping holes that according to HD was "unforeseen" and therefore my problem.

The backsplash installer tiled over an electrical outlet which resulted in 4 other outlets no longer working. I asked for someone from HD to come out and inspect the work at completion but HD refuses. They have their money and are not interested. THE WORST EXPERIENCE with a major company in my lifetime. I would give them less than zero stars if possible.

Staff

Reviewed May 24, 2022

May 18th 2021 I contracted HD to reface my kitchen. I told the sales person I wanted the doors/drawers large enough to cover the frames of the cabinets. The refacing began Sept 23, 2021, it was supposed to take 5 days it took 3 days. The doors/drawers were not as I asked and later found out HD does not extend them beyond 1/2 inch. The sales person did not tell me, had I known I would not have used HD. The contractor left my kitchen a mess. Door was on backwards, drawers wouldn't open/close properly, most of the handles crooked. It took 2 days cleaning the kitchen in order to replace groceries/dishes. Shavings left from drilling and shavings from the laminate. Dust everywhere. It took 6 month to complete the job, HD sent a handyman several times to fix the problems. I will never recommend them.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 19, 2022

I purchased custom order cabinets for a kitchen reno. They were 2 months late, but worse, they were a horrible quality, doors coming apart in our hands. One cupboard was water damaged? We had no water. Our sink had been pulled out. The 3rd pantry was 12” deep. The other 2 were 24” deep. I guess I was to attach it to thin air? The over range cabinets were leaving only 19” between the stove. Code is 30” on my range, which was in the designer’s pictures. Getting things resolved has taken 3 months. The woman who designed this retired? So I’m told. She was rude and bothered with any change I made before final decision. She also mismeasured the space. She was short 9” on the long wall. My drawer cabinet does not fit. Had to put it in the island making it slightly too large.

The resolution has been worse. The man wouldn’t answer me for days or a week more. Once told me that there were other people needed him First who have gas leaks, roof leaks etc. This is serious if there are that many complaints! It’s taken 3 months to get the replacement cabinets only to have one fall apart and no hardware in drawers. I’ve had to pay a contractor to do what we were going to because of problems with it all. Now I told I was to be compensated for all the trouble…. but….once again, no one will answer me!

Reviewed March 26, 2022

I had an absolute terrible experience with them. The Home Depot project support coordinators were extremely incompetent, uncaring, and rude. Many of the contractors had no idea what they were doing, or even if they did they did a poor job with lots of defects. It took 6 months for the dishwasher to arrive and it was so damaged it had to be returned and we still don't have a dishwasher. I would steer clear from these guys.

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2022

We purchased cabinets kitchen cabinets from Home Depot in Aug 2020, 4 months later cabinets are delaminating and Woodcrafters / Home Depot will not stand behind their product, use caution buying from Home Depot, we were not looking for new cabinets just door replacements.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2022

I had a terrible experience with the Home Depot. I contracted them to install a new countertop and the backsplash in my kitchen. The Home Depot will send different contractors to do the countertop, a plumber and then a third one for the backsplash. When you ask questions, they have no idea and no-one can explain to you next steps. I did not hear once from the project coordinator other than for scheduling an appointment for the measurements. Various contractors start contacting you and you have no clue what’s happening. When they finally arrive to do the job, they all just say that they are only doing their specific job and then ask you to sign something when they are done. As a customer you have no clue if you should sign or not, cause the contractors just tell you that someone else will come to continue the job, and you have no clue what their responsibility is because the Home Depot vanishes the moment you sign the contract. There is no coordination by the Home Depot.

In my case the window sill was not done, and the contractors left the kitchen in a terrible space. After I contacted my project coordinator, finally the person who took the original measurements came back and agreed with my complaints. He said they would send someone to fix it within a few days. It’s been three weeks and I have not heard back. The customer service is terrible, the Home Depot’s Contractors work is subpar. Some of the tiles on my backsplash are actually sticking out cause the contractors did a terrible job installing them. I paid 10k for my kitchen, I would have rather paid more for a service well done. Instead they charged all this money and my kitchen is unfinished and they didn’t do the window sill as per the contract, kitchen overall looks unfinished. Will never contract Home Depot again.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2022

I contracted with Home Depot May 15 2021 to do a kitchen remodel.. 8 months later, work is not nearly done.. I am left without plumbing and cooktop.. They keep demanding more money, I have paid close to 75 percent.. They have disrupted my life, my health and don't seem to care. They need to be held accountable.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2022

Paid HD $32K for kitchen remodel. Countertop we ordered was back ordered 3 months - fine. They called to schedule 1 month early-YAY. They installed wrong cabinets & wrong countertop. Now told 3 more months to wait-BOO! Have holes in walls till then.

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

Had I known, I wouldn’t have wasted my time and money with Home Depot. The designer, Elzbieta, was great. Then the installers had the audacity to tell me that I would have to store the Cabinets IN MY HOME for THREE WEEKS, while the my got permits and did demo. Totally unacceptable! DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME! I would give them a zero if I could.

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2021

Over 25+ yrs construction pro, installed and managed sales in these areas for a time for them. Contractor services. Long ago... Now, it shows in the quality of the work and effort is $ driving. Poor quality. Will never refer any of my customers or family to HD. You never know how the much crafty magic you will need to do. A one day install can turn in to a 2-3 day install quick. Take it from a pro big store mindset shipping don't mix with fine furniture... Think about it. It's subgrade materials passing off as solid wood... Only solid parts are door face and edges and only truly save 3-9% over custom solid builds. Unless you are pulling off the shelf and inspect it very very carefully.

As an installer and "design true" remodeling pro... I received many a constant flaw, damaged, scratched, blotched orders, restocked gouging, no door, forklift fork not needed in cabinet design, pantry= it twins leaning tower in Rome, forget the trim and toe kick that's extra, overlay cab door not what that means...man! Moments. For example yesterday's HD experience triggers this...

(Fred) one of my longest full time laborer said after delivery on window and other cabinets pending from previous delay "...Yesterdays HD order came (pause...sad lower tone)... It was like Christmas morning as a kid opening up presents. (Pause-deep messy broken inhale like a child's trying not to cry.) ... " "Then you find out your family religion does not practice Christmas and you get socks for your birthday on that same date. They are too small and not gender appropriate." Window was not retrofit and they took it off of the original shipping base and it warped out of square. And side panels to finish the job are not matching the color and 24/97 pantry has a forklift rubber in it with a peephole. Who freaking leaves their used beat up rubbers behind really... Pick up afterwards "que no!"

Construction guys are so funny... But it is unfortunately the only thing keeping us sane after this job. So. Cal Depot Indio CA. But not just here Santa Fe, NM, 2021 late July....this summer job I straight out told them cancelled. Not even going there. Too much other stuff going on... Do not need that used solid wood builder locally and gave me huge discount for upselling the bath for same customer after I told them 200 more saves us 4 week wait and bath vanity to match like she thought she wasn't going to be able to afford. And there it is... Last resort or rental fixes only or Flips etc. But off the shelves and inspect carefully... Work was not hard.

God bless,
    George R.

Owner CPM

Reviewed Oct. 8, 2021

I ordered Cambria quartz for my bathroom based on multiple samples. The actual countertop did not match the samples but the installer broke my vanity cabinet "preparing" to install, without even installing the countertop. When I tried to cancel, Home Depot informed me that there was an 80% cancellation fee. Not only will they not provide a countertop that matches the samples, I now have a broken vanity cabinet, as well. And, Home Depot still wants me to pay 80%.

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2021

Horrible Home Depot contractor...StoneWorks in Largo! It was for a new countertop. The first cut of the Quartz countertop after measurements appeared to be wrong so they need to come back again = 4 days without kitchen. Ok it can happen..then were not able to send a plumber for reconnection of the new faucet and sink before the weekend of Labor Day: would have been 7 days without kitchen.. They propose us to get our own plumber to go faster before the weekend and they will reimburse..

Last thing they forgot to reconnect the cooktop (prepaid). I had to do myself...(risky I am not electrician..) Finally when the reconnection was finished by our plumber Roto Rooter, they did not want to reimburse the whole bill as they estimate it was too high! So my experience with Home depot which whom I was sharing my bad experience is that they should have had better help me to fight with the contractor instead of forwarding my emails to them or keep telling me the management is aware.. At the end I lost $350 because I surrender.. I was tired to chase..!

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information