Home Depot Kitchens
1.17/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

Looking for a home improvement contractor?

Home Depot Kitchens

366 Home Depot Kitchens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2018

I bought a microwave and had it installed through Home Depot. The installer did not screw it into any studs, vented the van into the kitchen instead of into the vent in the wall and put a large hole into my new cabinet to hold the microwave up, the washer holding the microwave in that large hole was smaller than the hole. I contacted H.D. They referred me to Sedgwick Claims who then referred me to Linn Star who is the one who installed it. It took several phone calls, emails and 2 visits from installers saying they would not touch it to fix it because it was way too messed up.

Sedgwick was going to close the claim until I contacted them and told them they were not going to do that because my microwave was not fixed, they once again made me contact Linn Star who after several phone calls and emails finally agreed to buy me a new cabinet and mail me a check to have my contractor install the microwave correctly (I refused to let them install it, if they couldn't do it correctly the first time and it took this long to get it fixed why should I give them another try). It is now 3 months later and I just got a call to schedule delivery of the cabinet, I still have not seen the check. I will NEVER recommend or buy any major appliances from Home Depot. Anytime I would try to contact Home Depot they would refer me to Sedgwick. Save your time, money and patience and DO NOT have anything installed through Home Depot, once they have your money they don't care what happens!

Original review: March 18, 2018

We are doing a full kitchen remodel, after doing much of the work ourselves or hiring out ourselves we decided to use Home Depot to do the installation for our backsplash. The company they outsourced the project to scheduled the install and then had 2 no call no shows. When they finally did show up, the job was done terribly. They left a mess of silicone caulking and grout all over my new countertops, new flooring, new stainless appliances and our new cabinets. Not only that but they also damaged our new custom cabinets in several spots.

We called Home Depot and it took a week and several calls from us before we even got a callback. They scheduled a time to come look at the shoddy work only to have the contractor they hired call and reschedule causing us to cut plans short to be there. They came to “fix” the backsplash and clean up but I’m still not satisfied as Home Depot did nothing and made us deal with the contractor they hired.

The tile is cut unevenly and when we went to put the light covers and electrical covers back on, there are gaps and also cracks in the tile. Erskine Interiors who did the project for Home Depot made light of the whole thing, making our time not seem worth anything for the 5 Saturdays and the one weekday we gave up for a backsplash install. They offered $300, just to make me go away. Home Depot did nothing to make this right. We spent a lot of money there and will close our account once this project has been paid off and never shop there again. Very poor service in the way they handled this, or should I say I the lack of handling this. Tarnishes the whole projects. I want Home Depot to make things right.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Against my better judgment for going with a big box store but as a result of an "excellent" salesman who promised his best workers and to personally "oversee" our project, we signed a contract for new countertops and cabinet refacing May 25, 2017. Countertops installed mid-August, excellent work by that subcontractor. Cabinet refacing "completed" September 7, 2017. Good work but 4 problems discovered that weekend, but "no problem, they will fix everything. Called and sent emails to salesman and our project coordinator. I was totally ignored by our local contacts until November 2, 2017. Tried finding other contacts within HDI but we'll hidden or was told to contact local office.

The new contact, a divisional manager, immediately offered us a $2,500 credit which was much appreciated. December 15, 2017 worker arrives to fix everything without any idea what the 4 problems were. Then after opening a box with repair materials, we discover all materials incorrect. He told me he'd file report with local office and I sent email to manager without any response and once again was ignored until January 18, 2018. That day I requested additional compensation for further delays. Was told that's possible but not until all work had been completed. February 7, 2018 all repairs completed and we finally have use of the entire question. Contacted manager same day to express our satisfaction and work out final credit amount. It's March 16, 2018, five weeks later and no response! To be continued...

Original review: March 14, 2018

Was working with the customer care about the kitchen project. After couple of time going back and forth then customer care decided to ignored me. My request about the information of the materials. Nothing. Still waiting. So now Home Depot denied give information to customer about the materials. Home Depot make the customer paid. Stay away from Home Depot. Materials are poor, managers disrespectful, customer care doesn’t work, etc. Don’t use Home Depot.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Kitchen cabinet refacing and quartz countertop installation - We signed and were told if we put this on our HD credit card we would get 2 years interest free. Months later we're still seeing 6 months and struggling to change. Home Depot called to schedule my cabinet refacing. We set a date and I got a call on Friday to confirm they would be onsite Monday 10 AM. I was told I needed to empty all my cabinets and there may be some dust in the air, "So cover your furniture." I spent the weekend packing up my cabinets, moved everything to storage and covered all my furniture with tarps. And I scheduled vacation to be home while the work was being done.

Although they confirmed a 10 am Monday arrival they were a no show so I called them and was told when they were loading up their truck they found they were missing some materials, "So we're not coming." I was like, "Really? You confirmed on Friday, I spent the whole weekend getting ready, now I have an empty kitchen and you're not coming and didn't bother to call?" And they blamed their contractor.

They said they would get back to me that day with a delivery date for the materials. I got no phone call so I called back. Now I was told the guy who was supposed to call me had a car accident and the manager would look in things and get back to me. After not getting the update I was promised I called them 3 days later and was told my materials were shipping from Canada on 2/28 and they could start the job on March 5. I said they may need to deal with customs, "So let's target March 12." I received a call on March 7th (which is an improvement I guess) stating there was a delay and the materials won't be shipped until March 15th. Then he went on to add, "Sorry for the delay but we're dealing with a new supplier." I said, "Don't blame the supplier because from my perspective the problem is HD."

HD visited the house and took measurements. HD sent someone to the house a second time to take measurements a second time for the purpose of creating a build of materials. On Friday HD confirmed they were starting on Monday. On Monday HD was a no show and no call because as they were packing their truck they determined there were materials missing and they didn't want to do a partial on the job and revisit later. HD said they would call me that day with a new delivery date that may be as soon as 3 days. I got no phone call because apparently the guy who was supposed to call had a car accident. Spoke to manager who said he was taking ownership and would get back to me with a delivery date. He did not so I called back 3 days later and was given a ship date and we arranged a new install date.

5 days after the materials were supposed to ship I was called and told the materials had not shipped because the company they get them from in Canada ran out of materials themselves. Now I'm given another ship date. To say the problem is their Canadian supplier is reprehensible. The problem is HD. Since I have a contract I don't know how this will work but if the materials do not ship when promised I am canceling the whole thing and starting over with someone else even if I have to sue HD for what I've already paid.

What a disappointment. I used HD expo years ago when I rebuild my own bathroom and it was wonderful. Pallets in the garage and with each phase of the project I would go down and get what I need. How far they've fallen. Oh, just try complaining to someone. Call HD and they route you to the local home services office that screwed things up in the first place. It's like they get customers using the HD name, HD takes their percentage and walks away. I feel pretty stupid trusting HD.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

In Nov 2017. I hired Home Depot to do a reface on my small kitchen. It was contracted out to OUT OF SPACE owner Dino. I ordered new doors, quartz countertop and new drawer unit. The reface is a absolute mess, the vinyl that is put on the front of the existing cabinets is not even on straight, peeling off, the hinges from the new doors were attached and now have split the wood and they want to come back and just glue it without any support behind it. Here is a list of what issues I have. 1. Cracks are in my cabinet frames from the hardware from the doors. This cannot be left like this. 2. The countertop was removed and a hole was left in my wall. It was not until I asked why this is not fixed, we were told how to go about fixing it. I insisted that it be fixed and we were left to finish the job by cleaning and sanding it down so we could paint. I was informed by Ifran it should have been fixed and paint ready.

3. The wall on the right side still had and has old caulking and crap stuck to my wall. It was to be fixed and cleaned off so that the installer from Majestic Marble could caulk the side. When I complained to OUT OF SPACE to Dean and to Irfan, who is the project manager about it, I was informed that It should have been sanded and repaired so the countertop could be completed. Ben, who did the cabinet job, was sent back, not to fix the wall but to just add caulking. He kinda laughed about it as if it was not a issue. The wall and the wainscoting, which was broken and reattached broken, looks like crap. My daughter took it upon herself to fix it. Again it was laughed off.

5. The back wall under the backsplash which I didn't replace, showed the old green paint that I was told not to paint over, we were going to attached a strip of quartz to cover under the black splash it, was silicone with clear and shows the discolour through, makes it look moldy and dirty. 6. The vinyl skin that is stuck on the front of the shelving and stripped along the cupboard front, was never prepared and therefore is not sticking the way it needs to be. It's bubbly and started to already lift. When Ben can back again, I asked about this and left me glue to fix it. He added some to one part that was lifting. Some areas that needed the skin were missed and it shows.

7. The new drawer cabinet I had made was installed and between the countertop and first drawer, was hollow, and a strip of vinyl skin was added across the opening and when I placed my finger there, I could pretty much push it through. It is attached to nothing and in a short amount of time will be pushed through and will be left with a hole. 8. The vinyl strip under one of my cabinets is cut crooked looks like crap.

I have been fighting this since Nov. This should not be happening. I have taken off several days from work just to deal with it. I am asking for a refund and have also gotten in a new professional contractor to look it over. What he saw verified my complaints and also told me I overpaid. I am in agreement with him as I paid for a job I thought was professional and got a crappy job. I was told by OUT OF SPACE, they would come back and fix the issues but I don't trust them. I asked for someone else to come back rather than the first guy BEN who cut corners and did a crap job. I am in the works with HOME DEPOT to get a full refund. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

In the last week I want to share my experience with readers so others can be warned of dealings with Home Depot. I decided to trust Home Depot considering it is a big company to do my kitchen renovations. It was done with TK Refacing located in Newmarket ON . The 3 day renovation somehow was rushed turning get it to a 1 day job. I was missing one cabinet and one drawer. This was Dec 27-17. After hundreds of emails and getting the runaround from both Home Depot and Total Kitchen Refacing I finally got my missing cabinets on January 21-2018.

The next problem came when the missing cabinet was installed crooked as the company did not give the installer the lazy Susan hinges. I told the installer the door was crooked and there was a huge gap as the crooked door was not aligned with the frame of the cabinetry. I then asked him to go to Home Depot to buy the lazy Susan hinges. He went only to return saying he could not get them. He told me the company would call on the Monday January 22-2018 and have someone come out. No one never did. I have opened numerous complaints to Home Depot only to be given no answers. I had to report this to the Better Business Bureau.

Total Kitchen Refacing told the BBB I refused to let them in my house to fix this crooked cabinet which is false as they never contacted me. They have misrepresented the correct actual facts of what kind of poor service and workmanship they provided to me. I refuse to go into another Home Depot Store again. It will be Canadian Tire or Lowe's Canada. Eventually I had to pay out of pocket expenses to have a handyman remove the crooked cabinet, install the correct hinges and put the door back on. I never imagined that Home Depot Installation Services provides the worst customer service I have ever experienced as a Canadian Consumer. Also TK Refacing (Total Kitchen Refacing) located in Markham, ON is just the same. Do not hire any contract services with either as you will get burned just the way I did.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We ordered thousands of dollars of kitchen, bath and Laundry cabinets. Shorted one for the kitchen. 1/3 of the kitchen came in wrong color. Sent them back. Seven months later they were finally replaced with the correct color. Now two which put together are not made the same. One good quality and the other standard. There is a gap because of quality. Not a good company to deal with. Lack of customer service. After they get your money they don't care if anything is right or if you get what you are supposed to get. You have to call and call and wait and call and call and wait. Months!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

They didn't even show up to the first appointment to measure the kitchen. I called the store and they gave me the contractor's number. So I called the contractor and they said the store had called them and said I cancelled the appointment. I will not try to use them again for anything.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

*Troy the installer was very nice and did a good job, and Cher the head of communication on the Cabinet Refacing project was very nice. Trash cabinet design was incorrect and they will not refund it saying the door front belongs to me now... It is the wrong size by a lot... Even if it was the right size for the space it won’t open due to wall trim. I pointed this out to the sales guy and he said they could work around it (my background is not in construction and I knew it would be tricky). I have the pricing sheet that says they charged me $295 for it and they are willing to refund me $89 because they can’t refund the actual door. I had a discount, either 15 or 25% I can’t find it on the paperwork so the $295 was discounted but not down to $89.

I was charged for two glass panes and they were not provided and the installer says Home Depot doesn’t even do glass panes. They told me about three weeks until install and waited 6. They rescheduled on me so many times after I had taken off work already. They originally wouldn’t meet with me because my husband was available and they would be giving me “an estimate, the real money, and would be taking a significant amount of time out of their day.” The sales guy said he would be present at the completion of install to verify everything went as we talked about, I have never seen him again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Totally mislead about project and time. Lost pieces of order, staff disappeared, no one helped. Once they had your funds, they couldn't care less and no one gave a clear idea about the MONTHS it would take to finish. Spend the extra money and have a professional do it, as they are not.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I ordered a new countertop and tile backsplash from East Hanover, NJ Home Depot. Everything started great, the Home Depot associates were great - the problem is the contractors they used. The countertop installers left electrical outlets exposed and I ended up with a short that I needed to pay an electrician to fix. When Home Depot called for a balance due I mentioned this and they said they would review and get back to me. Then the tile backsplash was scheduled and the Friday before (work was scheduled for a Mon/Tues) I was told at 4:15 that I was confirmed and they would be calling be back before 5:30 with a window of time on Monday. I didn't get a call on Friday so I called 8am Monday. It was then I was told I was rescheduled to 11/3 and 4. I had arranged to be home from work, I had the plumber cap the appliances and I had the plumber scheduled to come back late Tuesday to hook the appliances up again.

After several hours of phone calls with ACS and Home Depot I was given 2 different reasons for the change and assured a crew would be here first thing Tuesday morning and would finish the work in time for the plumber to come. 10:10 the crew showed up - but with no materials, which had been discussed with the manager the day before (that the crew needed to pick up the materials). I called at 9 am and the manager assured me they were on their way. When I called the manager back at 10:15 he said that was a mistake to ask about the materials - he is now telling me he told them to come to the house first and check to see if they need anything, yet the crew thought I already had the materials. The customer service has been just horrendous. Then to top it off Home Depot called me last night about the balance due. No, I'm not giving them another dime, told them to talk to the manager that I have been dealing with.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I had my kitchen cabinets resurfaced 2 years ago. There is a one year warranty. Within the first year I had them come back 3 times because the laminate was pulling away. The warranty is up and we are now fixing it with Gorilla Glue.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Oh how I wish I knew then what I know now. Hiring Home Depot to reface our kitchen has been one issue after another. NOTHING that was "promised" actually happened. From poor products to unmet deadlines, from wrong measuring to errors in ordering, from unacceptable craftsmanship to lack of communication, my wife and I could not be more displeased. The 3-5 day "promise" is a complete joke. The cleanliness of the process was a complete lie. The contractors were less than professional. One contractor was at our home for 1.5 days then never showed up again. A second contractor came to "clean up the mess" left by the first guy. The countertop we ordered was to be a high gloss laminate... all it does is show water spots.

Oh, and let us not forget that the countertop subcontractor arrived but said they couldn't remove the old countertop so simply left. All the while we are living for more than 6 weeks out of boxes with all of our kitchen "stuff" packed away. When we would make calls to the General Contractor, Matt, we should have saved our breath. Because we continue to seek compensation, we discovered that Matt is no longer employed by Home Depot. Samantha has taken his place and because our complaint is 6 months old, she has really nothing to offer us. This project was nearly $20,000... a huge amount for us to invest with little or no reward. My wife and I continue to love the refacing idea, but would NEVER recommend Home Depot for the project. The anguish was not worth the reward. Because of this experience, Home Depot will not be receiving ANY of our future business. Go elsewhere people.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Best way to share my experience with the Kitchen remodeling dept is to show you the letter I sent them when I fired them. By the way THD is The Home Depot, and Andrew ** was the 3rd party installer contracted by Home Depot. Patty was our representative employed by Home Depot. "I am unhappy with the service I have received and want to cancel my order, and get a refund. I understand the estimate costs $250. We paid $1,200 down for the countertops and expected to be treated better. Between Home Depot not managing this process well, and Andrew ** not responding to our emails we were wondering if anyone one had remembered that we ordered C-tops. I place blame on Home Depot and Andrew ** but more so on Home Depot and their business practices.

Home Depot asked for a lot of money down. This is not standard practice for a remodel. I am not sure how Home Depot gets away with requiring so much money up front, but as an estimator in the commercial construction business for over 20 years I can tell you this is not normal and appears to be illegal per the CA State Licensing Board. If my wife and I had not pressed Patty at Home Depot to tell us what was going on, I don't think Andrew ** would have ever contacted us.

The initial email from Andrew ** on Friday stated that we'd be contacted the day before the estimate/site visit with a time window. This did not happen until we called Patty at THD, who then had to call Andrew **. It appeared that we had been forgotten. We were satisfied with Andrew ** responses to our questions, but we cannot agree to pay for 100% of the countertops before the job is complete. Paying for 100% before job completion, and getting bad customer service is a recipe for failure. If the install is unsatisfactory and as bad as the customer service we have received; then we have no leverage to fix the problem.

Maybe I am a picky customer because I am an estimator for a large construction company. However, I can tell you this process has all the red flags of a job gone wrong. I have been working for general contractors in the Los Angeles industry for over twenty years and this experience has been unprofessional and frustrating. I have paid THD $1,200 and the Andrew ** estimate/site visit was $250. I expect a refund of $950 immediately."

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I did an entire kitchen remodel with Home Depot cabinets, countertops, all new stainless steel appliances, top of the line that they carried. The person that assisted me was less than helpful. She does this perhaps daily but her qualifications did not measure up. It seemed as though she just wanted a sale! She got a hefty commission out of me. I really wanted granite but she talked me out of it. She focused solely on Silestone. So that's what I ended up with. Straight end which is terrible! It's too dark for the space. I also purchased a Pegasus black double sink. I loved it until the partition between the 2 sinks started to become very rough to the touch. It's under-mounted. I spent close to $30,000 dollars doing this kitchen remodel! I had to refinance my home in order to do this remodel! I purchased an LG high end stainless steel dishwasher and it only last 2.5 years before I had to replace it.

The same thing happened to my LG refrigerator. The store worked with me on the refrigerator. I was not informed that the countertop was going to be seamed together. It looks awful. I've called the corporate office several times over the past 5 years. The countertop had a chunk miss out of it that I noticed and a company came out to repair it. That was not first quality as far as I'm concerned. Never having done a remodel I was unaware of what could and would happen. I assumed that Home Depot sold first quality products but as I've mentioned, I'm not sure now! My last communication with corporate at Home Depot was very unsatisfactory. They said too much time has lapsed. I've been trying to get a resolution for over 3 years with no resolve.

I also bought all new doors for my entire home. This included a full stained glass fiberglass front door. They measured for it but it came in wrong. They installed it anyway. Later on they sent me a refund for that door. All the materials that I needed to do finishing for all of the window frames, faucet, cabinet hardware was purchased from Home Depot. If I had a do over, I would NOT go to Home Depot! Unfortunately I will not get to do a do over in this lifetime. I hate Home Depot and their attitude and unsatisfactory customer service. I don't enjoy cooking in my kitchen anymore. I should have used local businesses and supported my local economy! This goes for all of my doors as well. The resolution that I would like is new countertops and a new sink. I've considered calling the local news stations and sharing my displeasure with Home Depot and their poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We purchased a granite countertop thru Home Depot and paid for installation. This counter was manufactured by MSI. There is what they are calling a fissure, to me it is a crack running thru the granite, and a chip has developed. Neither company will warranty this material. I have only had it for a year. Poor workmanship, poor quality granite, and definitely poor customer service.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I had 5 countertops replaced with granite through Home Depot. What a miserable experience! I have never been so surprised and so disappointed with any major company as I am with Home Depot. Other than shopping at their store for items that I can't buy elsewhere, I am done dealing with HD and I will attempt to spread the word about what a disreputable, dishonest and poorly run company they are. I will not attempt to detail all the disasters associated with the purchase and installation of my 5 countertops.

"Home Depot Installations" in the Houston area is a complete disaster under the direction of supervisor Dana **. As a supervisor, Dana is a complete joke! If this were part of a small independent mom-and-pop business, I would tell them that they will be out of business very, very shortly. I am totally shocked that a company the size of HD puts up with the horrible customer service and the disorganized, deceptive activities of their people. HD does not appear to care at all about the bungling that I have had to put up with.

In addition, I was originally told that my granite countertops came with a lifetime warranty from HD-- no questions asked! That appears to be a lie. Is dishonesty also sanctioned by HD? If there are any management people at HD that are concerned at all about this review, I suggest that they contact me Immediately. I feel sure that no one will contact me. On several occasions I have requested that someone call me but I have had no response from HD. I have asked repeatedly for the supervisor, Dana **, to send me the contact information for her boss and she simply ignores my requests. Don't buy your countertops or anything else from HD! It's hard to imagine that such a big company could be in such complete management disarray!!!

Original review: July 24, 2017

Please beware if you feel Home Depot will stand behind their services. My tenant ordered an oven from them. After Home Depot came to install it and left there was a gas leak. They refused to come back and fix it. It was a very dangerous situation and Home Depot just hired attorneys to defend them, leaving me the homeowner with a damaged house and an unhappy tenant which moved out. A huge loss, but again Home Depot just used their attorneys to not take care of any of it.

Original review: July 19, 2017

So I bought a granite countertop everything is fine traveled a long way to NJ to pick the granite. That place was beautiful the place named MSI. So the installers had to template twice. I asked each one of the template/ installers "Do you charge the customer or Home Depot 75 dollars to come out again?" "No, we don't. We tell the customer to go get your money back for it." Ok, so I call up Home Depot, get nowhere FAST. So if Home Depot isn't getting charged for the 2nd template and the installer don't charge the customer the 75 dollars WHERE THE HELL DOES THE MONEY GO? I know it’s only 75 dollars but I'd rather give business to people who don't contradict each other and not knowing where extra charges are really going!!!

Original review: June 24, 2017

My wife paid in advance the full charge for a kitchen remodeling with Home Depot. The job was completed in late March and early April 2017. The installers were quite professional. Unfortunately, two cabinet doors did not match and had to be ordered. Glides were ordered wrong and they convinced us to use the automatic rolling glides. Half did not work. After two repairmen came they still don't work. A HD supervisor, Jeremy ** promised us new drawers before the end of June. As of today I have heard nothing from him and he won't return emails or phone calls. Second repairman came with replacement doors and they were nicked and have to be replaced. I would NEVER recommend or use this company again. Their lines of communication and ability to successfully complete a job are poor. With an upfront payment of $24,000 this is inexcusable.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I completed the paperwork for refacing the 3/2/17 and committed to a cost of over $12,000. The product finally arrived at their warehouse in May. The installation was scheduled three different times and changed. The last time the installation was cancelled the morning the installer was to come to my home. The appointment was changed to the following day and he didn't show until 2 p.m. When he started working he realized he didn't have enough product, some of the doors were the wrong size or missing and there were no drawers. (I have 8 in my kitchen.) He worked the next day stating he would do an expedited order on the missing items. That is the last I heard and I can't get any information on the timeline for completing the job. In the meantime the items from my kitchen cabinets are stacked in various rooms of my house. I will never again contact Home Depot for any work in my home.

Original review: June 20, 2017

My husband and I were not treated very professional at all. We were quoted one price and then when we inquired in the store the price was almost doubled and we were promised items that then we had to fight for. We were hung up on by our salesman because we were told by store to call him about our hinges. Then we were told why did we call him. Everyone we have spoken to has had attitudes and says one thing and then another. I feel like I can't trust anything they say. Our cabinets have waves in then and I was told he will put in an order but he doesn't know when it will be done. I feel like they use to be a great place that was always honest to you, my children have worked for them Alexandra and Megan. But now I feel they don't seem to care how they treat people.

I would like someone in that business to treat me like I am a valuable customer. They think because they took a 1000 dollars off then that fixes everything, it might have if after that my husband wasn't hung up on and my hinges were not something that I was promised and then was told they weren't in my contract and they did me a favor giving them to me. After I was told they were a definite. Tell me what I am suppose to do. Very unhappy customer. Have nothing good to say about this store and that makes me sad. Oh that's not true they are all fabulous liars and good at trying to make it like they did us a favor.

Original review: June 13, 2017

As a former employee of Home Depot Kitchens, I can tell you with absolute certainty that you are vastly overpaying for these services. I speak only for the Cabinet Refacing business as it is the one that I feel is the most dishonest and gives the customer far less for their money. Here's the deal: You are paying MORE for cabinet refacing than you would for an entirely new kitchen. Seriously. Don't let them sweet talk you and tell you all the benefits of refacing. Literally, the only benefit is that it takes less than a week versus a full kitchen tear-out which can take a few weeks.

As a salesman, I was immediately collecting up to 12% of the total cost in commission alone! That means if I sell you a $25,000 kitchen reface (which is fairly common), the salesman is collecting roughly $3000 right off the top. No joke. Worst of all, you actually can get an entirely new kitchen for far less than a simple refacing job. They will diminish a full kitchen tear out and vilify the entire process and tell you how inconvenient it is and how many hidden costs there are BUT even after the hidden costs IT'S STILL CHEAPER.

There are very rare occasions where refacing is a better option. Ask yourself these questions: 1. Do I HAVE to have my kitchen remodeled in 3-5 days or is it ok to be inconvenienced for a few weeks to save $10,000? 2. Will removing my cabinets do irreparable damage to some irreplaceable item in the house like specialized flooring, expensive countertops, custom woodwork or some other one-of-a-kind feature? 3. Do I have an inability to shop around and simply want to purchase the first thing that's offered to me? If you answered "no" to these three simple questions (which 95% of people will) then cabinet refacing, at least through The Home Depot, is not for you.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Installer showed up 1 hour and 15 minutes late the first day. 13 of 17 new cabinet doors have defects. Was told by salesman countertop would be seamless but it came in 2 pieces. Dishwasher was not reattached to countertop. Water supply to sink was not shut off completely, flood under sink. Large gaps in seams in new laminate. Glue hasn't been cleaned up. Router gouges in new laminate. Installer wanted to put up trim to hide his mistakes after being called back. Now I have to wait for these problems to be resolved before completing remodel. I am beyond unhappy. Home Depot remodel needs to come with a supply of ** or **.

Original review: May 19, 2017

The installation crew was unprofessional, rude and incompetent. The process took almost three weeks longer than they had advertised, because they didn't have it made in time and then we were rescheduled three times. The work was sub-par. We had a different company do some countertops in our last house and they did a MUCH better job. We thought we were going to save some money using Home Depot but instead we just wasted our time. They will nickel and dime you for more work at your expense! Unexpected charges all over the place. I can't say enough bad things about our experience. Use a different company!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I went to the Home Depot in Cheektowaga, NY in February to design a kitchen... after several visits to discuss my options, as well as going to Lowe's for an estimate on the SAME kitchen plan. Lowe's was the same price as Home Depot, but I was being given 24 months 0% interest, Lowe's only had 6 months, so of course, I would choose Home Depot. First, let me state, every employee I dealt with at the store as well as other local locations, were wonderful. And I spent OVER $20,000, cabinets, appliances, lighting, materials, paint, brushes, rollers and SO MUCH MORE! I am also a single mother, lived in my house for 15 yrs and this is the FIRST major home improvement I've done, so this is a BIG deal for me.

I LOVE to cook, so was excited about this project. Well, the excitement did NOT last. I was NEVER told that I would need a building permit or an inspector to come to my home when I designed my kitchen, ONE sentence, that's all they should do. After all of my phone calls and complaints, they still are saying this will continue to be their policy??? I told them if I would have been advised, I STILL would have bought my cabinets and appliances but would have had someone else do my install. Now, because I was NOT advised until the DAY BEFORE, I couldn't change it, so the inspector for my municipality likes to be a pain to EVERYONE THAT I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THAT HAS HAD DEALINGS with him. He has brought me 5 weeks BEHIND schedule at this point. I have had to reschedule my appliance delivery twice, my floors being refinished and have had to rip down new drywall twice, all because of the inspector.

Now, if I would have known, I would have had someone I know put my cabinets up, but they did NOT tell me so now I AM behind schedule AND had to RIP DRYWALL down TWICE!!! SO all of my complaining and crying, because that has been daily since I originally dealt with this inspector, the manager of the WNY stores only offered me $200 credit??? I have spent WELL over that in paint alone since I bought the highest level Behr paint, 6 gallons, as well as a 5 gallon bucket of Kiltz primer which all totals more than $500. It's INSANE that a BILLION dollar company is refusing to offer more to satisfy a customer??!!

I told the manager that there is no point in arguing with him, I am so sick that I EVER did this project or went through Home Depot, so to just credit my credit card the $200 and my relationship with their company, Home Depot IS AT AN END... I will NEVER go there again! Not for paint, not for a roller, not for plants, not for ANYTHING!! I will pay my credit card off and cancel the account, he said that he figured as much???!!! You've GOT to be kidding me!!!! GREAT customer service! I have been in retail/customer service for over 30 years and this is NOT the way I have ever treated a customer!!! Suffice it to say, LOWE'S has got a NEW LOYAL customer. As I stated previously, I WILL NEVER GO TO HOME DEPOT AGAIN!!!

Original review: May 10, 2017

We waited 18 years to replace the original 1965 kitchen in our home. Though my husband and I are both professionals, we are not designers, so we played it safe and trusted the Home Depot "designer". We went with a granite that was in the store. It was stunning, and was as smooth as glass. They sent us to the granite warehouse they deal with so that we could "choose" our particular piece.

I am now convinced that this is done to release Home Depot of any responsibility if the granite counter is not satisfactory. The uneducated gains nothing by choosing a slab in a warehouse. Home Depot stresses that it is a natural product and will have imperfections. Well, they were not kidding! Our piece was loaded with imperfections. It is nothing close to the quality of the same product in the store. It had to be filled in several spots, and it does not have that smooth as glass feel that every other granite countertop has. There are rough spots and ruts all over it. I think it is a second - at best.

The tile that the designer approved is really too busy for the granite. We are so disappointed with the overall look of our kitchen that we have warned everyone we know to not even consider spending that much money at a big box store on such a project. We urge folks to seek a professional designer before making decisions that are too expensive to change. Our designer was little help in choosing backsplash or floor. She had about as much color sense as I do - and we should have aborted the whole project rather than sign.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Don't ever go through Home Depot unless you want a headache and tons of shoddy work, mistakes and no response from Home Depot whenever problems occur. My sister and brother in law are currently living a nightmare and it's because of the lack of professionals who have been hired and they are paid low wages too. They won't return calls, aren't taking responsibility for screwed up counters, cabinetry, measuring, etc! Makes me so angry for them.

Original review: May 3, 2017

We recently remodeled our kitchen and decided to use HD in Santa Fe. They not only offered cabinets from the large manufacturers, but also a local, small shop in Albuquerque. We liked their work and ordered the cabinets. Cutting to the chase, the cabinets and the install were fine. My complaint is the cost associated with the work. I'm an ex-banker and I know little about the scope of the work involved in demolishing and reinstalling cabinets. HD quoted us $2,059 for the demo, $2136 for the installation and $2200 for the electric. My kitchen is approximately 15' x 15', not exactly a mansion. We have a contractor we've been using for other projects and he said he could do the demo and the electric for $1500.

We contacted HD to tell them we were using our contractor and asked if we should also have him do the install. They told us that the project would not have a warranty if we did. So we went with their installer. At that time I didn't have another quote for the install and I had no idea of how much was involved with it. Well, when the day came, the installer (one person) arrived. I asked who else was helping him and he said that this was a small, easy job with very few cabinets. He said he would be done before 5pm and he was. I was flabbergasted. Over $2100 for one laborer for 7 hours, which is over $300 per hour.

I've complained to HD corporate and the local manager and was told to forget it. I've spent over $25k during the last year there and it meant nothing. This is the worst gouge I've ever had. I'm deciding whether or not to pursue a more aggressive approach. I think HD was very negligent in not explaining what the job entailed. I had no idea if it was a two or three person job that would take multiple days. Had I known, I would have never agreed to using them.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information