Find a Flooring partner

Home Depot Floors

3.9/5 (400 ratings)
Find a Flooring partner

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Floors

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Floors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Floors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: July 23, 2020

I had several rooms in my house carpet installed by Home Depot. Upstairs was fine. Downstairs carpet was pieced in many sections and showed terrible. Installers agreed and called co. I was to call company. Couldn't talk to anyone. So called Home Depot, got answering machine. Called 3 days. They would transfer me to answering machine. Never a call back. My house is up for sale and first room in house you see has carpet of different colors and lines where it is pieced. I thought they would call back and come see this mess.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My main reason to write this review is because I feel cheated and angry at the way HD has treated me as a customer. Provided wrong information on the type of flooring- engineered bamboo instead of solid bamboo. Sent the wrong color -stair nose (reorder took 3 months and they charged me for their mistake). The project was stalled and delayed for 3 months. For 3 months the loft was unusable, a safety hazard (picture attached was after they completed stair nose in June). Repeated follow up for 3 months to complete project and for a refund of money owed for material returned $1600/- and still no resolution and my credit card has been charged. Rude and indifferent store manager and customer service. Almost feels like they are discriminatory. As a customer I simply want them to responsibility, apologize for the inconvenience caused and fix the issue. Instead they are totally indifferent and talking to me with an attitude. I’m appalled!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I purchased carpet from Home Depot and had them install. They sent out a person to measure, and not did he do some measuring. He knowingly over measured, so much that I have enough carpet left to carpet a whole room and still have some left over. I understand a little, but the amount left over wAs ridiculous. Home Depot allowed it. They are fine with selling customers what they do not need. There is no reason I should have all that carpet left over. Just a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My only comment is to make sure that you are very sure you will use the Depot to install your floors before you sign up and pay for measuring. Once a measurement is taken and you pay the $49 fee, they will not give out the floor measurements to you. They do not apprise you of that fact before you pay although they do tell you the amount will be taken off the flooring project if done with Home Depot. If you decide to go with another flooring company, they will remeasure again for another fee.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Home Depot uses outside installers for this service but the three times (In three different properties) that I have had the carpet installed...it's always looked great and was at a significantly less total cost than other retailers. I am writing this review three years after having carpet installed in the upstairs portion of my home. The carpet looks good and shows no sign of wear. It looks as good as the day I purchased it. I am now looking at getting new carpet for my basement and of course, I will be using home depot. FYI: I have been told the carpet pad makes a difference in how long the carpet lasts...so I have always got the thickest pad available at home depot.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have used Home Depot (HD) as my "go-to" place for home items, tools, garden, pool, etc for over 30 years. Our home needed new carpeting and it was long overdue. We held off until our last pet was no longer with us (although sad to see her go). We had a good idea what we were looking for. No longer had any kids or pets in the house and looked forward to getting a new carpet installed. My wife had met with a women (a designer) at our local HD and had scoped out a style, brand that she thought was best. I went with her as we made the final choice together on style and color. We were told that this was a very good quality carpet that had a good warranty (15 year) and would serve us well. We made the purchase (November of 2018). This was a relatively substantial purchase for about 3,000 sq-ft (325 sq-yards) of carpet. The scheduling and the install of the carpet went well with no issues.

After just 90 days, we noticed that the carpet was showing some distinctive wear patterns. This was totally unexpected. We had two adult friends staying with us at the time, but all were never in a position to track dirt or other materials into the house and often took off our shoes. My wife contacted HD, the female representative we had been working with for the purchase. She said this was unusual and thought it might be a manufacturing defect. She made contact with individuals in the HD organization to follow-up. She initially indicated that there was likely something that could be addressed.

An individual contacted my wife and made arrangements to come to the house and inspect the worn carpet (this is about 4-5 months after install). This individual looked at the carpet. He disclosed to my wife that the carpet was not of particularly high quality. The fiber material is known to have this kind of problem. He would submit his findings to HD and they would follow-up with us in regards to what could be done. We were contacted by HD and told that there was nothing that could be done related to the carpet (confirmed by store representative). That this was normal and there was nothing further. They would not replace, repair, or even clean the carpet. We inquired about the 15 year warranty and they indicated that this was not something that fit the warranty. Nothing further could or would be done. VERY DISAPPOINTED. They have lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

First the samples don’t look like the end product at all. The store lighting is diff also on the displays. Then the measure guy they say didn’t measure right so I had 10-12 extra boxes of bamboo left and not enough trim. I’m still waiting for trim to finish my floor from install 2 weeks ago. My house was trashed for the holiday the installers didn’t cover anything and just chopped tile flying everywhere even to the second level of house. This caused more work for me and no one seems to care at Home Depot. I will never do this again with Home Depot. My baseboards look awful as well they made a mess. I paid a lot of money for the mess.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Purchasing the carpet was a breeze. Knowledgeable, very helpful and friendly associates. After waiting the standard two weeks for an installation appointment setting date we were satisfied about our new carpeting install date as we are on the verge of listing our home for sale and need to COORDINATE interior pictures being done AFTER the new carpet gets installed. So our listing agent set up photography 4 days after the carpet install date.

Well, LESS THAN 24 HOURS before the original carpet install date, the carpet crew called and cancelled for that Friday. Our pictures are scheduled for the following Tuesday. Then he went on to tell my husband what day would be good for them which happened to be the day after our photography is set to be done. We said, "Wait a minute here. We NEED this carpet in a full day before the pictures.. so Monday." He said, "OK we'll be there between 8-10AM."

It's now 12 Noon and after 3 phone calls to the carpet service dept--the carpet crew JUST ARRIVED. My Husband had to call in to his work to tell them he will not be able to come in as he works later this afternoon. When they cancelled they gave us little to no size window to get this in when we would be home and then they come late at that.

No more business with Home Depot. Se are done. This was too close for comfort. Who cancels a home product install less than 24 hours before the set appointment, much less then drags their lazy Behinds to arrive on said make up date???? How can Home Depot fall so low on their standing and name to have this kind of lousy service at the end of a huge in home purchase on the install??? They better do a good job! TERRIBLE.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Home Depot order# **. Parents placed an order in late September to install carpet in the 2nd floor of their home. The carpet was to be installed on 10/08/19, so the weekend prior to the install, we had a "furniture moving party." We were able to move all the furniture out into bathrooms, balconies, laundry room, garage and to the 1st floor. SO furniture everywhere except the 2nd floor! 3rd party installation company shows up and pretty much starts the install as scheduled. Midway through the install, the installers realized they did not have enough carpet to finish the install. They say the Home Depot rep made a mistake on the measurements. They send someone back out in a few days later to remeasure and resubmit the order to complete the install.

2 weeks later, installers show back up with the additional carpet and turns out they ordered the wrong carpet! So they put in the order once again and we wait another 2 weeks. Weeks later from original install date, they show up again and guess what??? Wrong measurements and wrong carpet! Numerous calls and emails with very little response if any. Finally I get a hold of Jan, who is the store manager. She looks into it and figures out all the mistakes that were made. Gives us a few options to "make it right," but at this point and bare floors for 4 weeks we decided to get our money back. No additional compensation was offered for the total fiasco. After taking our sample to another carpet supplier, they had the same exact carpet for .77 cent a sq ft, versus the $2.50 per ft that we paid! So much for the "free install!"

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I purchased a floating laminate floor. The larger sample boards are fairly high on the display rack and poor lighting hits the sample boards so they give you a little sample piece that you can take home. I found the style and color I liked. So I went to the store to make my purchase. I told the salesperson where I was going to have the materials installed in. Living room, kitchen and bathroom. He informed me it would be a great product for those areas. I was out of town when the flooring was installed.

When I first saw it I thought there where gaps at all the joints. Come to find out it had a micro bevel which gave it a more realistic look and I actually liked the look better than I was thinking it would be because I couldn’t see the entire sample due to the glare from the lighting. But the employee said the sample colors will vary with different patterns the materials are made from, Which basically means they have 7 or 8 different patterns the planks look like. I had the materials inside my house and they where acclimated properly to the room's temperature. A little over a month went by after the install. I used a shifter moist towelette mop on it so it wouldn’t be wet and take a very long time to dry which they did within a few minutes.

The weather changed And it became very hot and extremely humid for a few weeks. About a week or so into the humid weather I started to notice the micro bevels start to peak on the edges. The bathroom was fine and that would normally be a place where humidity and possible standing water would be and the bathroom still looks brand new. The rest of the areas not so much. The area by the sink looks great and I don’t have a dishwasher or ice machine on my refrigerator but the other areas are where the peaking begins. I kept bringing up the fact that it was very humid out for a few weeks and I do have air conditioning. But my house has a crawl space underneath it. No basement.

So I contacted the store in Kalamazoo Michigan. And filed a complaint. I wasn’t a loudmouth. I was very pleasant because I know things just happen. But the store manager said since it’s been over a month that I bought the flooring they would have to submit a claim to the manufacturer. This is where they started to say they won’t cover the materials they sell basically. I emailed the store a few pictures. I took them at night And you could see some of the damaged areas. But the next morning I took some more and I sent them in another email. I called Lisa at the store and told her I sent some more pictures in but she had already forwarded them to the manufacturer so as I waited for a response I Had my installer come back and replace a few pieces in my entry way.

I had to purchase another box. When I originally bought the flooring I bought extra for scrap and an extra box for future repairs. When he did the original install he had to use everything up just to finish the job because there were so many damaged pieces he had to use tiny pieces to finish up the entryway. I didn’t complain to HD about buying the extra box. But in that box which I stored in my bathroom almost every piece was damaged. Corners where chipped or side were split. Fortunately there where enough good pieces to replace the bad pieces he had to use because the materials that originally came in had so many damaged pieces. I called the store twice while I was waiting for an answer from the manufacturer. I talked to Grant first and he said he would call me back later that afternoon. He never did.

The second time I called I talked to Chris. He said he would call me back later that afternoon. He didn’t either. I finally got an email from Lisa that stated the manufacturer wouldn’t warranty the product due to excessive amount of moisture being on the flooring. Once again these areas weren’t in any area that would get wet enough by merely cleaning them with a moist swifter pad. The areas that could be indirect contact ie bathroom and in front of the sink look great. So I just want to say thank you Home Depot for not caring for 1 individual when you have millions of other customers to rely on.

Home Depot Floors Company Information