Home Depot Floors

Compare Flooring

Research top Flooring recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We went to Home Depot in Milltown NJ to get our carpet. We went to the front to pay and I told the clerk I wanted to pay for everything in full. She charged us $3233.39 and said we were paid in full. She gave us a receipt and stapled it to a pack of paper. Neither myself or the rep reviewed the packet or signed anything in the packet. After the carpet was installed I received a call from Home Depot saying we owed an additional $354.50. I explained to them that we paid in full and they told me we only paid 90% and owed another 10%. I explained to them that we were told that we paid in full and we never reviewed or signed any contract stating otherwise.

I spoke to several people from HD that just kept repeating the same thing and would not listen to me, very rude too, blaming everything on us. We recently received a letter from James ** the General Manager there threatening to sue and put us into collections. That seems like a pretty extreme thing to do without a signed contract. If Home Depot has a 90-10% clause they need to explain it and get people to sign off on it, they did not do that. I feel they need to own their mistake and leave us out of it. We paid what we were told we had to pay. We did not agree to more. I will not go back to a Home Depot again.

Bought runner from Home Depot about 20 feet. Three days after installing it I started seeing black carpet beetles. While doing a deep cleaning of the house, we found a massive amount of larvae all over the runner. We took the runner out and have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on cleaning supplies, laundromats and bombs to get rid of the bugs. It has been over 3 weeks and we can't get rid of them. We been forced to stay with my in-laws because we have a five month old baby and a dog. We have spent over 80 hours just cleaning the house. We had to throw out furniture. It has been a nightmare. Contacted Home Depot and they indicated to bring the runner back with the receipt and they can reimbursed me. We threw the rug out. We don't want it near our house.

The receipt I cannot locate but is not even about the money. The rug itself cost about $30. Is the amount of money and time that we have spent trying to get rid of these bugs that came from a rug that was infested at a store in Home Depot (Piscataway, NJ). I contacted an exterminator to come and fumigate the house. This has been a nightmare. I literally have spend over $1000 trying to get rid of these. I tried writing a review for the rug and Home Depot rejected my review. Do NOT BUY RUGS FROM HOME DEPOT. PLEASE INSPECT THEM.

We had a laminate floor installed by Home Depot and the guys did a wonderful job. So much so, we ordered the next laminate floor from Home Depot also. The catch being they sent different installers. The second installers were at best awful. I wish we would have never left them in the house. They cut my door jambs too short and extremely uneven (1/4 inch height difference from side to side on a 4 inch molding). Cut into custom cupboards, leaving visible cut marks way above the floor, trying to trim them for the floor height difference. Pretty much ruining the molding and cupboard corner and ends. Really beat things up. The floor transition strip had glue squashed out on all sides and peeled up within a week. Not to mention they did not bring the floor close enough to the wall to put the moldings back on without falling to the subfloor. There is at least 1.5 inches of space for floor expansion on the walls.

We also found charges that were not on the bill when we paid it in the store. We did not authorize these charges. Customer service at Home Depot is by far the worst we have ever dealt with. No reputable flooring company would treat a customer the way Home Depot does. Nobody calls back, no one is available in the store, corporate does not call back. You pay upfront, they do a crap job and no one cares. You will need to return extra flooring to the store because Home Depot will order lots of extra flooring and other unnecessary items. Then they come along with the excuse "Pergo won't warranty your floor unless you order these items".

Home Depot offers a one year warranty. It takes weeks to get your money back. The crappy floor installation took place the first week in March and we are still working on getting it straightened out and we are heading into Memorial Day Weekend. The second floor experience by far outweighs the nice job the first group did. I would never recommend Home Depot to anyone I know. In 50 years, I have never had such bad customer service on a home improvement... and so many lies.

We ordered carpet for the basement of our new rental home in another state. We are scheduled to rent the property next week and have arranged to have for all furniture orders to be delivered following this carpet installation. We waited 8 WEEKS for the carpet orders to be processed and installation be scheduled. This morning (morning of the delivery) - after arranging to take the week off from work and drive three hours to the property - we received a phone call from the local Home Deport (installers) that the carpet cannot be installed. We received an email with photos, stating that "The installer would not recommend installing."

While we appreciate the "inspection" of the carpet by the installer the morning of the installation - we are NOT pleased with the quality of carpet Home Depot is providing. Why wasn't this inspection prior to being delivered to the local Home Depot? Why wasn't the carpet inspected upon delivery to the store? If this company wants to live up to its vision of providing quality service and products then perhaps Home Depot needs to reconsider how they do business! WE DO NOT RECOMMEND ORDERING CARPET FROM HOME DEPOT.

I recently decided to put wood laminate flooring into my home. Mind you the area I am doing is not very big but is roughly 400 square feet. I took a trip to my local Home Depot and found out that they do the install for .89 cents per square ft with the purchase of laminate that is 1.39 or more per slat. I did some math and thought to myself ok with the materials and labor and tax I'd be looking at roughly 1300 or 1400. So when I spoke with one of the reps there, he informed me that "Yeah, that sounds about right," with all the costs and fees. So in agreement, he told me that I would have to pay a 50 dollar fee to have someone come look at my home and do measurements which was completely fine with me and he also pointed out that the 50 I paid would be put towards the cost of the job.

I made an appointment, had a gentleman come out for 15 min and then leave. He told me I would be getting my results by email but instead I received it by phone the next day. Let me say it wasn't 1300 or even close to 1400. They told me it would cost 3000, for the install of a 400 square ft home. Can I say, "Wow you cannot be serious." Immediately I drove to the store to find to my surprise nobody there to help me and when I did find someone, she finally pulled up my order form and with a sign right behind me that says NO HIDDEN FEES, she began to tell me about all the hidden fees they throw in. AWESOME RIGHT! So as I stared at her in total disbelief I said, "Ma'am, the only reason I came and paid my 50 dollar deposit was because I was misinformed by one of your coworkers. But now you're telling me I literally just gave you money for no apparent reason and it's nonrefundable."

Now I'm sorry but how are companies allowed to pull stunts like this and take people's hard earned money with a total disregard or lack of common courtesy or decency. It's not like I have money floating around my home. I honestly wonder how much money they make off of people like me each and every day. Home Depot needs a change and hopefully one day someone can bring them down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Lied to by store employees and management - I placed an order for 45 boxes of tile at Southside Home Depot in Jacksonville, FL. When it arrived on May 3, 2017, we sent our tile guys over to pick it up. They started laying the tile, but mid-day they came to me and informed me they didn't have enough boxes. We counted the empty boxes and there were 32. I called up Home Depot and asked the tile guy (Joe) where the other 13 boxes were. He said he put them all on our tile guy's truck. I said, "Did you count them?" He said, "We put them all on." I said, "Did you count them." He repeated his nebulous answer. I repeated the same question 5 times, and 5 times he insisted they put the entire order on the truck. Furthermore, he informed me it was fruitless for me to complain because the tile guys had signed the pick-up confirmation form which stated 45 boxes had been picked up.

I got off the phone and began to wonder if my tile guys had stashed 13 boxes away somewhere. I told them that Home Depot said they picked up all 45 boxes. They were infuriated and started speaking words in a language I couldn't understand. I checked their truck and didn't find any hidden tiles. Next I went to my computer and checked the time of my e-mailed pick-up confirmation. It was 8:53am. And the tile guys arrived at my home a few minutes after 9am. My home is 10 minutes from Home Depot, so I realized the tile guys didn't have time to offload 13 boxes of tile somewhere. I then asked the tile guys if they signed anything. They said they signed nothing. I then started to suspect the Home Depot folks were lying to me.

I called the manager and he reiterated the same false story that Joe told me. He did walk around the store while I was on the phone with him and he said he didn't see the other 13 boxes anywhere. He insisted the tile guys picked up all the boxes. I told him the timeline didn't add up. I then insisted that he pull the video of the loading dock for that time period. He said he would, and that it would take a while, and he would get back with me. He never did.

However, a couple hours later Joe called me back with a very different attitude. I couldn't take his call at that time, but he left a message saying that they had actually only loaded 32 boxes onto the truck. Eventually, after several calls to the corporate office, Home Depot did refund the other 13 boxes, and gave me a small discount and free shipping on re-ordering. However, it would take another week to get the tiles in, so our floor was one third unfinished for over a week.

While I appreciate Home Depot's attempts to make it right, the problem at this store is a mindset that the customer and his workmen are lying. That created a lot of friction with me and my workmen, and I spent half a day calling Home Depot multiple times, talking with the corporate office, trying to calm down my tile guys, and then re-ordering the missing tiles. It was a real circus.

This all could have been avoided if the store employees had followed the proper protocols of counting the product before they released it. Even if they failed to count it, they could still have avoided the problem by admitting they never counted it instead of lying and trying to cover up their blunder. I have since bought over $1000 of purchases at Lowe's (stuff I would have normally bought at Home Depot). It will be a long time before I shop again at Home Depot.

I ordered a 6' x 8' end of outdoor carpeting. It was less than $30. There was NO mention of shipping. AFTER I placed the order, I was billed $118. It immediately went to my credit card, literally in seconds. They had changed my order to TWO carpet ends, and added FIFTY FIVE DOLLARS to ship them. I tried to cancel online, but there was no response when I clicked. I tried four times, just to be sure. I tried to call, and again, was unable to get through all their lineup of "selection". There was no mention of cancellation of an order. In my humble opinion, that is fraud at best, and outright theft at worst. I will use my Chase credit card to contest this insult. They will never have my business again, and I will tell all my friends and online acquaintances about it.

We had whitish-gray backsplash tiles installed on April 24. The next day, with the supervisor present, both men (installer and supervisor) were mumbling about the grout and tiles. Neither said anything to me, the homeowner. The problem? The grout was changing the color of the tiles from very light gray to brown. Later, I learned that the supervisor told the USIG manager they had turned to dark gray, as if that was acceptable. While they were there, I noticed the tiles seemed darker, but didn't realize the extent of it until they left and I had a chance to appraise it properly. When I called USIG the next day, they said to wait a week for the tiles to dry, apparently to see if they would change color back to light gray. They didn't.

By this time I had remembered that the young installer, who didn't speak English and had to communicate via a translator app on his cellphone, had given me a container that he didn't use, saying I could return it to get my money back. When I looked at the can, it was Grout Release and clearly stated that it must be applied before the grout to "Protect against grout staining tile and stone." He didn't apply it! Moreover, he had spent time installing tile in an area that was not indicated on the specifications. I wanted him to leave at 5pm, but he insisted on staying until 8pm to finish. Apparently, he ran out of time (by wasting an hour doing the wrong thing), then cut corners by not applying the required Grout Release that was part of the job.

When the inspectors finally came (after several phone calls) on May 3, they agreed to pay us for the four tiles that should not have been put up ($50). They told us the color of the tiles was "close enough". Ha! If I can upload pictures, anyone can see they are completely different. They did not offer to replace and re-do the job correctly, or to reimburse us for the labor and time spent on tiling the wrong wall. They also offered to give us credit for the extra supplies to save us a trip to Home Depot (we've been back twice to talk to managers and could've returned it ourselves). I haven't seen any refunds, as yet. They also offered a $150 credit at Home Depot (haven't seen that, either). None of these "offers" addresses the fact that our once-beautiful kitchen is now covered with muddy-looking backsplash tiles. We wince whenever we go in there.

One more thing, both the installer, supervisor and regional managers explained how we should apply the can of "sealer", which came with the other supplies, when the tile dried. We have no intention of doing this since we hate the brown tiles and don't want them permanently sealed. However, we realized that we had not bought a "do-it-yourself" kit, and it was their responsibility to apply this sealer. We did not sign on to do the labor ourselves. At this point, we are waiting to hear from a manager at Home Depot, who is trying to discuss this with USIG and get a satisfactory resolution for us. We do not want to communicate with USIG directly since we've only gotten the run-around.

I paid $50 for home measurement for carpets. The company Home Depot uses applied my payment to another Customer and never set up an appointment with me. I had to call multiple times and get a Supervisor in order to get someone out there, took my whole morning. Next, the install got scheduled a month out and that doesn't work for me. So they gave me an appointment yesterday for tomorrow. They called this morning and said their van broke down and they can't come tomorrow so they're going to come not this Saturday, but next. I took the appointment. They called a couple of hours later and said they can't do that, they need to come next Wednesday. I called, sat on hold for a long time, and the person who schedules is at lunch and I was told to call back in 30 minutes.

No. I have had nothing but issues and I'm being told these 3rd party companies are the only ones that Home Depot goes through. It's awful, time consuming, stressful and I will NEVER go through Home Depot again. My Dad just passed away and I need new carpet to get a renter in the home to cover the mortgage cost and Home Depot has made this process so much more stressful and painful it makes me sick. These 3rd parties are failing to follow through and no one should be subjected to it. JUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND KEEP IT!!! I have receipts and order numbers to provide, but there are so many of them from all the changes that I don't even know what to provide.

Do not EVER order appliances or Carpeting from HOME DEPOT. Their contractors do not fulfill their obligation to your purchase. Stovetop still not here. Nor the phone call day prior to delivery. Carpet installers show up. Make excuse to not do job. They then decide after my phone calls to do all but one room. Then they can't come back tomorrow? WTF.

On March 3 2017 we make a carpet order for our house and make the payment and the salesman told us that the price of the carpet was different online but he will take the order and later on will go back and change it. So then 1 week later then came the measurements and it was less than what I was expecting so I changed the carpet for more expensive carpet and the same salesman said "OK will change it for a better price and better carpet."

So then they set up the installation day for 4-13-2017 and I call my husband to tell him that the carpet was not the one we order so I call the salesman and he said we need to talk to the manager, so we went to talk to her and she assured us that the installers put our carpet in a different house but since this wasn't our fault that will take care of us and told us so sorry and the carpet will be install in 4 days and that will compensate us for their mistake. Well they took 10 days to schedule the installation, well they call and five us 4-19-2017. Told them OK. Well the installer call and day before to tells us that they won't be able to install the carpet due to personal matter and hang up. Well I was totally upset so I went and spoke to the manager again and said she will make some calls and will call me back.

Guess what, she never did, so on 4-24 they show up and install my carpet so then I when the to talk to the manager again to get my compensation back and she said she can't do that and we need to talk to the manager, so we spoke to other guy and he said "we will give you $100 dlls of compensation" but never want to give me the difference of the carpet back and he was so so unprofessional and DESPOT and said "take it or leave it", so I walked out and file a small claim.

Purchased 6 boxes of TrafficMASTER vinyl tiles. Day after installed tiles lifted throughout kitchen. Home Depot employee stated, "It's defective product, several returned," "Manager back next week can only do returns." 6 days later I'm told by manager, "Can't help you, you didn't clean surface right, not responsible for your errors." I'm out $300.00. Horrible product and service. Manager would not let me speak or explain a professional floor installer did job, kept cutting me off. Now have defective tiles as floor, covered by carpet (so I don't trip or fall), unable to afford new tiles, and Home Depot won't even take responsibility. I'm a senior citizen on fixed income, just disgusted...

I was very aggravated, right off the bat, when only one person showed up to install, because we had furniture to be moved. The company called us the day before to review our order, and stated that we were to have furniture moved. Then the company called that morning to tell us the installers would arrive between 8 and 11 AM, and again, stated that our furniture would be moved by them. As my husband and I are older, and both have had recent injuries, we could not help move furniture. I called USIG and explained the situation.

I was told that they would send someone from the warehouse. Our installer was great. He measured and started cutting the padding, while waiting for the second person. Eventually, someone came and helped him move the furniture, then left, and came back to help Jesus move the furniture back. This was an unnecessary aggravation, as it was well-noted that moving of the furniture was part of our work order. The carpet installation, clean up was excellent, but our installer seemed a bit upset, as well. He was very conscientious.

Purchased whole house carpet 1/19/17. Installed over 2 days: 2/7/17 & 2/8/17. Receipt not detailed to show that they make you purchase 30% or more square footage of carpet than you really need. Installers only spoke Spanish and left cigarette butts in the yard. Packed ALL furniture in other rooms which was ridiculous. Kitchen sink, refrigerator, everything was blocked off from 8am to 8pm. Forced to eat out entire day - extra expense. Even blocked bathroom with the couch. Stacked table with metal feet on top of desk that made huge scratches through the finish. Put very heavy metal file cabinets on top of delicate, fragile China cabinet and scratched it. Forcefully dragged couch with wood feet across tile floor taking all the finish off the legs of the couch. Hit dining room chandelier at least 7 times with it swinging back and forth. Used my vacuum, and broke it.

Did not vacuum floors before installed new carpet over the top, even with my request TWO times to do so. Had to pay $220 from a separate moving company to move the piano and pay $135 for them to move the China cabinet. This is NOT a free install. Bedroom seam 1 foot inside doorway that we complained about they denied it was a seam. WHAT??? It's obviously a seam. Dining Room seam also 1 foot inside main entrance, very visible. Two inch chunk of carpet on the stairs that is clearly a visible hole. Installers didn't want to install the carpet on the stairs because the edges need to be folded over and it's very time consuming. They told us we need to get the edges bound and had us call the store to inquire. The store explained it would be 3 weeks and an extra $200. We finally told them to just install the carpet as they were supposed to. It was obvious they just didn't want to do it.

We complained about the above issues and over the next month, had to arrange schedule to be home to meet Home Depot inspector, Shaw floor/milling inspector (since Home Depot didn't want to admit wrongdoing and blame it on the mill). 3/6/17 FINALLY after months of phone calls and putting up with Home Depot lies after lies, supposedly they ordered new carpet and will replace the Dining Room. Even though the entire first floor actually SHOULD be replaced plus the hole in the carpet on the stairs plus the one bedroom with the seam in the wrong place. Home Depot lied so many times and never called when they said they would. It was obvious they were just waiting or hoping we would just forget about the whole thing.

I could have filed a claim for the damaged furniture but didn't because the bigger issue of our dissatisfaction with the installation wasn't even being addressed. I was assuming damaging our furniture and breaking the vacuum wouldn't get a response either. 3/15/17 Received call from United to schedule the re-install for 3/29/17. Today is 3/29/17. Installers were supposed to call by 10 am to give us our window. It is 10:30am and haven't heard. Of course I called them and was told they would call me back. I've heard that one before. This is such a mess. If you take anything away from this review, just don't use Home Depot for carpet. It is not worth anyone's hassle, time or extreme frustration. They are non-responsive and this has been a ridiculous process. I'm hardly comfortable giving them even 1 star. I wish ZERO stars was an option.

Sadly, I did not read the carpetprofessor website, which warns against big box stores like Home Depot for carpeting. I had a higher end carpet installed in 2007. I used Home Depot's contractor. Within a week it had wrinkles all over, but I didn't do anything because of the hassle of moving furniture and lack of time. In the process of preparing to sell, I had a stretching company come in. The installation was incompetently done, bent wood nails where there was cement, far more seams than there should have been, and the carpet was delaminating like a zipper.

Note that the Home Depot warranty for delamination: ONE YEAR. Yup, and because I used Home Depot's installers, they of COURSE would not mention if they were installing old, delaminating carpet to begin with. So why two stars and not one? Because when I called Home Depot with this, they always promptly responded and were courteous right up to the point where I learned how poor the warranty was. So... kudos for customer service, but a big STEER CLEAR based on product and services.

First, the estimator who came out to measure didn't do correctly. Then they ordered wrong materials, then once they got to the installation date, they required $1300 more before they would start the job. Then they required me to go to the store that I ordered from to make the payment, instead of taking payment over the phone. They sat in my front yard, not working for 3 hrs. Then, the installation looks AWFUL! My living room is sunk in, so you have to take a step down. It looks different on all 3 spots. They didn't use the right piece in 2 spots. They didn't glue down the transition spots between doors. I would never never never let someone I know use Home Depot for laminate flooring. Ever.

I bought the carpet and get it installed by Home Depot installer (G.S. Floor Designs). While installation, when they were bringing the big carpet rolls they damaged couple of my door frames and when I reported the problem they refused. The service of the installer from Home Depot was the cheapest service I ever had. I don't suggest to get carpet installed by G.S. Floor Designs from Home Depot.

I ordered 97 boxes of 6x24 Montagna Gunstock Porcelain Tiles on 02/25/17. I was called on March 1st to tell me the floor was ready for pick up on Saturday 03/04/17. We get there about 4 PM Saturday to the customer service desk and the employee there told me that they have been working on my order ALL day long to piece together my 97 boxes. And I asked, "Why?" when I ordered 97 boxes. He says, "Well they are different dye lots..." and I asked why? Since the whole purpose of ordering 97 boxes was to have them in the same dye lot. He further tells me that I could take 27 boxes on a pallet they had ready today. And I'm like NO! I need ALL my 97 boxes today. I immediately asked for the supervisor/manager.

The supervisor comes and tells me that she will figure out what's going on and walks away with an employee as the employee tells her what's going on. She later comes back to me and tells me that the employee that entered my order did not specify that I wanted ALL 97 boxes from the same dye lot!!! I said, "Fine! But where are ALL 97 boxes from the different lots that she ordered?" And she couldn't answer me. She said for me to call her on MONDAY which is today 03/06/17 and see what she has resolved or we might have to just re-order my tile again (another week or so wasted again).

It has been such an inconvenience to me! It's costing me money. I paid a friend to take me with his trailer to pick up my tile and it was a waste of his gas and his time. I had told my installer that I was ready for him to start on MONDAY but then I had to call him Sunday to cancel and he's pissed at me because I kept him from taking another job. I called HOME DEPOT at 1 PM today and they tell me the computer system is down and not able to give me an update on my order. The lady that answered the phone told me to call her back in 30 minutes and she also said she would talk to the supervisor/manager to see if she had an update. So I will be calling them in just a few minutes. This has been a nightmare and I am wasting people's time and my money!!!

On Jan 24th, 2017 we had Home Depot come to our house to measure for carpet. We went to the store on 2/4/2017 and picked out the carpet, applied for credit for the 6 month no interest instead of paying cash. The week of 2/27/2017 the installers called and scheduled the install the week of 3/6/2017. The week of 2/27/2017 a credit card statement came showing the amount for the carpet and a minimum payment due 3/14/2017. Now the kicker is WE DON'T HAVE THE CARPET! I called the credit card company and they said they already paid Home Depot on 2/4/2017, despite the carpet had not even been scheduled to be installed and still IS NOT INSTALLED. I was told I would not be charged interest but that is not true because if I don't pay it off in the six month period I will be charged interest from 2/4/2017 even though the carpet IS NOT INSTALLED and won't be until over a month from 2/4/2017!

I called Home Depot, got the assistant store manager, told her my complaint and her response is "that's the policy." I ask, "Where in any of the paperwork did I sign agreeing to be charged for a product I DON'T HAVE and will not have until more than a MONTH AFTER we picked out the carpet?" I can go online to a credit union, get approved for a car loan, go to a dealership a month later buy a car and not be charged until I take delivery of the car. The assistant manager of Home Depot told me the credit card company pays them for the order when I'm approved because they "have to order the carpet." I said, "That's an inventory issue, what has the way you order your inventory have to do with me and why am I paying for the way you choose to stock inventory?" So WITHOUT receiving the product or installation, I am being charged from the day I picked out the carpet despite the PRODUCT BEING DELIVERED OR INSTALLED.

I asked for a copy of where I agreed to this, why wasn't I told this would happen when I picked out the carpet or when I was approved for credit? Don't buy carpet from Home Depot without understanding exactly how they will be charging you and when even though you have not received the product, even though the delivery has not occurred and even though the installation is not done. Had I been told this I would have paid cash at installation or bought somewhere else.

We have had the inside of your house painted in preparation for new carpet, moved all the necessary furniture so feel like Home Depot acted in a dishonest and fraudulent way. Does this seem fair to anyone, should they have told me I would be charged from the day I picked out the carpet, from the day I was approved for credit, should they charge me for anything before I actually have the product, before it's delivered or before it is installed? My advice is don't buy carpet from Home Depot.

Store 865 Mobile, AL. Carpet installation process began on Nov. 11, 2016. It was a horrific, disastrous job and I would never, never, ever use them for carpet installation again. Today is March 3rd and I have just gotten my refund after months and months of phone calls. I finally had to contact Craig Menear who is the CEO of Home Depot. Store manager Laurie ** was absolutely no help whatsoever as was the Assistant Store Manager Jeff. Customer service was a joke. The second time I called they would not even return my phone call. After contacting corporate I was contacted by Escalation Services and that still took literally months. First, we reached an agreement and I signed a release and returned it on February 9th. I was told I would have my refund by February 24th. Refund did not come.

After numerous phone calls and e-mails that were not returned until I finally had to resort to threats. At that time they finally called me back and I got my refund today. It's a shame... this store has had numerous complaints and problems with the carpet installation process and the powers that be still don't do anything to remedy the problems. I can't tell you how much I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND CARPET INSTALLATION.

I too was afraid to use Home Depot given all the complaints. However, I had an excellent experience with Home Depot and the flooring installation of wood laminate flooring. My store uses a company called USIG and I suggest researching the company that is going to complete the install rather than just assume your local Home Depot can be trusted. USIG called me several times to update me on status via phone and email and their tech showed up right on time. The installer was meticulous and cleaned up before he left. If USIG is available as the subcontractor at your Home Depot... then you don't have to lose any sleep.

If I could give the flooring process less than 1 star I would. I didn't even have floors installed based on the process and poor customer service. I made an appointment in store, get to the store, and they lost my appointment / didn't have it, and the man who was supposed to meet us was off. So I talked to a nice lady and was told I needed to have an in-home measurement done, which costs $35. HD was my 5th stop for quotes so by this point I knew the measurements, but was told it was the only way to get a quote. So I paid $35, asked for an evening measurement and paid. They won't give you a time, just says someone will call you the day of.

On the day of I get a call from a guy who says he'll be at my house between 10 am and noon. I raced home to meet him, he did the measurement and couldn't provide me with any options. He said the store would call me tomorrow with a quote. He looked like a deer caught in headlights when I would ask him questions. Ok no big deal, but the next day comes and I don't get a call. The following day I call the local store, was told I had to speak to the General Flooring Customer Service, and was given an 800 number. I call the 800 number, and the first girl on the phone was confused why I wasn't given options or quotes at time of measurement (SIGH). I told her I already had samples from the store and a laminate in mind.

My concern was there was a difference in price from the store versus online for the same laminate, by the case. I was transferred to another salesman, Rodney. I asked him if I could purchase the cases myself and just pay for install, and was told no. Then he came back with a quote of $2100 with more expensive moulding and underlayment than what I had found from Home Depot, in my own searches. He told me it was not negotiable and the installers were going to use the underlayment he quoted me. He added in "floor removal fee" even though I explained to him I was not removing my current floors.

He also said the labor was $1.99 per square foot. I asked him why I saw $0.89 advertised and was told, "Oh that's only if you are doing a project with 250+ square feet, and with a floor choice worth at least $1.50 per square foot." I told him the laminate I found is $1.50 per square foot and my total square footage is 264. Rodney had nothing of value to say in response, was unwilling to change the quote. Also, he could not explain to me why I was not allowed to work out the underlayment product selection WITH the Flooring Department, and did not understand why I was frustrated given no one from Sales had been inside my house and were quoting me BS pricing off a computer. When I told him I was frustrated and felt like HD was just trying to upsell everything, he didn't respond.

I told him I was not going to do business with them at $2100 and he said, "Ok so is there anything else I can help you with?" That was when I told him how much the customer service has sucked, and people expect more, especially for a $35 fee just to measure. There was another awkward 20 seconds of silence then he just asked again if there was anything more he could help me with. At that point I hung up. Obviously, HD does not want your business or to work out a fair price. The sales people are robots following a script. My advice, go with a local flooring company or contractor. Don't waste your money or time with HD and their incompetent staff!

Poor experience with the home depot flooring installation. Never show up when they say they will. Twice, non-English speaking individuals who walked out without a word mid-project because they couldn't talk to me. Several days wasted waiting for them to come when they said they would, including this morning. I've had it, wish I knew of some recourse. Maybe one of you reading could help. Terribly disappointed. Will not ever use Home Depot for flooring.

Never fall for their "Free installation included in price" hook. The minimum wage workers did not know the answers to common questions nor did they ever direct us to someone who did. That was the start of our problems. The contractors Home Depot hired to install our carpet did a ton of mistakes apparently due to the "rush" to get it installed. I pointed out problems before the installer even left my house at the end of the job. The guy acted like he didn't understand me and left without a word.

Constant attempts to resolve and 2 months left on a year warranty for installation problems, H.D. tells me they can't help me, I must go through the installers. (Even after I pointed out H.D. were who we paid) we have nothing in writing about possible remedies and are filing with the ccb to help save our rights as they are running the clock down. Never trust ANYTHING they try to get you to. They are well known for pulling this and I only found out after the fact while researching for help. Tell your friends. It's not worth saving a couple bucks for a lifetime of insulting memories staring you down every day via your carpet! Good luck.

My husband and I recently retired, found our dream home in Milford PA and moved from NY. Money is tight and our dream home was going to need a little work. To the tune of a total gut and renovate. We were shopping in the Home Depot and noticed an opened box of hardwood flooring along with another 9 unopened. The opened box of wood was just what we were looking for and it looked great. We needed about 1700 square feet which equaled to another 65 or so boxes. We loaded up the 10 on the floor, were instructed to leave the other boxes closed so they could acclimate to the house. We were getting ready to install what we had, opened the boxes and discovered chipped, cracked and splintering junk.

We immediately cancelled the rest of the order and were hit with an almost $1000 restocking fee for wood we never got. I have tried talking with their customer service regarding this excessive amount and they just kick it back to the store where we purchased it. I also tried to fight it with my credit card Chase. They were of no help because I have a receipt that I bought the wood. (Again, never had it delivered). Even though I lost a lot of money, it would have cost me a lot more to fix the prefinished wood I thought I was buying.

If you are in the market for wood flooring, go to a wood flooring store. A thousand dollars was a lot for us to lose... Should you find yourself in the same position as us, this is how they get around keeping a restocking fee. They give you your money back on the card, minus a restocking fee they issue to themselves as cash. Do not sign for that refund. Good luck to all that are as dumb as we were to make a major purchase from them. They beat us out of almost $1000, but lost kitchen cabinet order, 2 complete bathroom orders, windows, tiles, basement etc. All of which I then purchased from Lowe's... I would not buy a nail from the Home Depot.

The job was incomplete. They left a mess. They stated three times that they would come back to finish but never did. You have no leverage because they want to get paid in full up front. Do not use Home Depot. You will regret it.

We are preparing a room for a seriously ill cancer patient. We asked for expedited shipping to the store for the flooring... We offered to pay anything. We only asked to please hurry the order and the processing at the store. The manufacturer said they would. Home Depot said, "No chance." The store is impossible to reach just to ask if it was there so we could prepare a contractor to install. No help. We should have gone anywhere else.

Yeah so free is not free. When you see the sign that says "FREE Install" walk away. Get your own installer. The racket is yes the "Carpet" is free not the pad and install just the carpet. So you have to use an upgraded pad at an upgraded price for your "Free Install" for warranty purposes. Never ever doing this again. Home Depot lost all of my business. That may seem small to them but Don't mislead people. So my free install is costing me $261.00. Not so free.

I was very pleased with my Cooper carpets installation. I would certainly use Home Depot and Cooper install again. I'm thinking about doing future project and I hope that I get Mr. **. He was professional and worked extremely hard. Not one time did he complain, he didn't even take a break for lunch. I was impressed. He cleaned up as if he took pride in what he does and for that reason alone I gave them 5 stars.

Went the Home Depot in Lake Elsinore, Ca. for flooring and countertops. Never again after our order has been placed the night mere started, you are treated as you are a professional and that now you know all about flooring after see them. If I did I would not have gone to them to do, I would have done it myself. We had an appointment at 2:00 pm as suggested so we did not have to wait. WE were there early. Lori who we had an appointment with was busy with someone else. She motioned to us be with us in a minute. One hr. later we were still standing there. She made no attempt to have someone else help us so we went to another sales person. Did all our picks, wrote the order which took time. Lori was still helping the people 1 and 1/2 hrs. after our appointment time. Shortly after that we got to see her for the countertops. The people that she was working with during our time bought nothing.

You work up a price with Home Depot then it goes to the contractor and then the price went up THREE TIMES. They disconnect, just call a contractor who will come out and look at the job and give you the price. The contractor has not been to look at the job and when he comes to install, the price will go up again. For thing that he did not see in the pictures that Home Depot took.

I have talked to the flooring contractor and they have told me this will happen. This would not have happened if Home Depot was not involved. This is a rental property and would like to get the work done on time to rent that is not going to happen, one reasons is that Lori did not send in the paperwork for three weeks to the contractor, I had to call to find out what was going on. We were told the contact would be email to me, never happened. I keep calling for the contact never came. The flooring contractor keep asking me to look at the contact from Nov. of 2016 so I drove the 40 miles to this store because this is where the rental is to get the contact on 1 - 26 - 2017 this job will be done in Feb. of 17 unbelievable, and then it did not get better. HOME DEPOT NO MORE.

Home Depot Floors Company Profile