Home Depot Floors
1.14/5

Looking for a flooring company?

Home Depot Floors

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

416 Home Depot Floors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Following a dishwasher overflow in June 2018 I needed to replace my Pergo flooring. After two failed measurements the installer Crew2 resolved with Home Depot that Pergo could be installed. Many weeks later the installers, after moving appliances and quarter round, indicated that Pergo could not be installed, only vinyl plank or vinyl sheeting was suitable. With Home Depot I then selected a vinyl sheeting and contracted for installation, almost a two month more wait. The vinyl sheeting which was delivered was not as ordered. The vinyl sheeting was reordered, installation contracted for and six more weeks wait for it.

It is now September and the installation date arrived, with a call from the installer that, once again, the vinyl sheeting is not as ordered. A hurried visit to Home Depot with two requests. First, the botched credit to my account for the returned Pergo and failed installation of three months ago; it took two more visits for this to happen correctly. Second, following no attempt to apologize or attempt to correct the situation, I indicated a free install or other option would be in order. No response from the store (Eden Prairie, MN). A complaint to Home Depot customer care and the president was routinely answered that I had already been compensated enough, with no options for a correct flooring install. I proceeded to order flooring from a large Home Depot competitor and arranged for installation, all of which was complete in two weeks. A disappointing, five month ordeal dealing with Home Depot flooring.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Consider other option before requesting Home Depot. I order and received my custom flooring July 2018. After paying for the installation and the appointment scheduled, the installer called and canceled. The second appointment were scheduled and a day wasted from work because the installer failed to show. The third appointment set and the installer arrived as stated and laid the flooring. The only thing good about the flooring were the color and how it blended with the wall. The hardwood flooring began to pop up as you walk on the flooring and parts of the floor were uneven. The transition pieces separated from the flooring within two days. A second installer came out to look at the floor and stated the floor were done incorrectly and the entire floor should be replaced. However, Home Depot and the supervisor of the installer only ordered 2 boxes of flooring to patch up the flooring.

So here we are today November 14, 2018 and this has been ongoing since July 2018. Home Depot is ordering more flooring because the installer (THANK GOD FOR HONEST PEOPLE) said the two box will not be enough to fix the floor the right way. I'm waiting to see what Home Depot will come up with next after all the lies and substandard work by the company which they contract their work. I would not recommend either of them to anyone and will never have Home Depot and their professional services at my home ever again. Thanks Home Depot for a piss poor job and months of frustration, if I could take away that one star rating I would.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

If I could give less than one star, I would certainly do so. This company is Home Depot's flooring contractor choice, and they are as unprofessional as any company could possibly be. I scheduled the installation weeks ago, and got a confirmation via email yesterday. They were supposed to be here today to install (11/14), so I took the day off from work to be here. I got a message on my machine last night that said they had a huge problem with a job they did on the 13th, and so would not be able to come as promised, but would show up tomorrow (the 15th) and "get that taken care of."

No apology, no phone call to see whether that worked for me, no nothing. I don't know what world they live in, but in my world, people work, and when they don't, they lose pay. I am not willing to take another day off work to convenience THEM. Home Depot should be ashamed of their choice of contractors; the coordinator said they "bump" her customers frequently. I am demanding a complete refund from Home Depot, including the measuring fee. I bought the carpet in good faith, and the "service" is substandard, to say the least. Romanoff Renovations is a horrible company! Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I will say the only thing I am pleased about is the carpets I selected. The installation was done very poorly. We had two sets of stairs done and the stairs going up were cut instead of waterfalled over each stair. When I asked the installer why this was done is said it was because the stairs were different sizes. It is very obvious that each stair was covered and not continuously laid with one consistent piece of carpet. Also, there are multiple areas where the carpet is not tucked in properly and is already coming undone. I don't know if this is typical practice, but it would have been nice to have a little extra carpet left behind for repairs.

After the installers left there were nails and staples left behind everywhere. There was a scratch on our freshly painted walls going downstairs. The carpets were not vacuumed well, which really didn't bother me too much. I vacuumed them myself after. There was a stain on the carpet that I had to point out before they left. It was taken care of and cleaned. Although the 3 people that came were very pleasant, I don't feel professionalism was present. One of the gentleman asked if he could play music, which would have been fine if it wasn't music with vulgar language in it.

To be honest, my fiance was going to install them but Home Depot offered free installation so we accepted it. He is now saying he wish he had just done it himself as it would have been better. I followed up with this complaint through ACS Flooring and Home Depot and all they had to say was, "Sorry you were disappointed." What great customer service!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I had ordered tile and tile installation for two bathrooms through Home Depot. The company they sent to do the installation: American Carpet South did a horrible job and were extremely unprofessional. Do NOT allow Home Depot to send this company to do any projects in your home. They didn't show up when they were supposed to, didn't complete the job as agreed upon, left the house and yard a mess and most of all the workmanship is terrible. I have tried numerous times to reach them about things they promised and never followed through on. Read the reviews in Better Business Bureau of NJ and read all of the complaints to know it's not just this one project. This was a lot of money wasted and a lot of aggravation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Terrible Home Depot Store 3501 - Eubank, Albuquerque, NM: Ordered carpet w/ free installation. Home measure OK. HD sent installers to wrong house, and didn't say I have radiant floor heat, they were not equipped for that and left. I called and asked for manager. Turns out the employee who said he manager was not. The Key Holder (who said he was manager) said I would not be charged for the return visit, and he would call me "In an hour or so" with reschedule. He did not. I called and found out he was not a manager, and the 'real' manager was not able to help. I made many calls to the installer and worked out a date.

'Real Manager' refused to stick with Key Holder's promise and would do nothing to make it right. I am in the middle of closing a house sale, and not only is this holding me up, it is costing me money. I have not been treated ethically or even respectfully. The 'un-truths' have been insulting and unethical. Buyer, try to go to a different HD store, or a competitor. There seems to be a lack of care and professionalism here.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I needed carpet replaced on the 2nd floor of my home. I stopped in at Home Depot because their free installation offer looked good. I got great information from Robin at the HD in Frazer, PA. She was patient, very knowledgeable about HD carpets and researched lots of payment options for me. Very easy to work with! I then began to research HD online and was horrified to see all the poor reviews. No way could I go forward with the purchase. But I shared my concerns with Robin and she was very helpful, again.

I'm so happy that I moved forward. She helped me with the purchase, including an HD credit card where I can pay it down over as long as one year. The scheduling process was very easy. The installers were wonderful! Very hard working, professional, and easy to work with. The carpet looks gorgeous. The installers really knew what they were doing. One older guy, more experienced and one younger guy. Great team. I'm so happy I went forward with HD! I made a commitment to fill out reviews, since my experience could not have gone better.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Horrible stuff. Quit locking together after a few rows and would come apart where it was previously locked. I lost a ton of time and money, had done much laminate and plank before this. HD no help. I returned what I could and bought a different brand from somewhere else for less, it went together beautifully. I now shop elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

We had hire/bought wood flooring and installation from home depot in June 30th of 2018. Today is October 7th 2018, we are still waiting for the floor to be installed. Home Depot subcontracted installation to USIG, this past Saturday is the 4th time they cancelled. I am looking into hiring a litigator to resolve this. After number of thousands of dollars, we bought loss of wages, loss of sanity, sub par living for past 3+ months: without furniture and in a sub-floor.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Home Depot Clifton, NJ, contracted with me for complete Kitchen renovation. FYI, labor charge was $28,000. Kitchen was demolished May 2, 2018 and is not yet finished as of October 8, 2018. Workmen came erratically if at all over the months. I ordered penny round ceramic floor tile with a floor warming heat mat for underneath the floor. American Carpet South (ACS) subcontractors with Home Depot came (Ferhan and Omar) and said a heat mat could not work, and that they needed to install a new concrete subfloor. So I agreed. The tile was installed, and the platinum grout dried with white and gray patches, randomly discolored.

ACS and Home Depot came and took pictures repeatedly. August 28 ACS sent new workman (Gary) to try to cover the grout. Now ACS says they cannot fix it. Told me I have to pick different floor to put over it. I told ACS (Chuck - project manager) I want the floor they installed removed, and new penny round ceramic tile installed correctly. To date, Chuck told me they can't do that. Now I am in a fight with ACS, and this Kitchen install continues to a horrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered carpet from Home Depot in Naples FL. It took 30 minutes in the store to find someone to help me only to be told I could have ordered a measure online. Yes that might be true but I needed to be there to see and pick out my carpet anyway so I preferred to get it all done in one step. They advertise they can install in 5 days. The employee that helped me didn't know for sure if my carpet selection qualified but said she thought so not including holidays and weekends. I am a month out now since they charged me and measured for the carpet.

They showed up at about day 10 with the wrong size carpet so it had to go back, the installer measured the room and reported to the store but the store insisted they had to send yet another person out to measure. Mind you it was a brand new house and there was nothing in the room, how in the world can you get an incorrect measurement with a laser measuring tool with nothing in the room! They sent another person to measure. I heard nothing so I called the install dept and they said they see that carpet 14X12 was ordered but had not arrived to them yet. What are you kidding! That was the first incorrect measurement that had already been sent back. They then said they needed to do some investigating and would call back, they never did.

I called the store manager in Naples, Alberto promised he would get right on it. So I never heard back from him either and when I called the desk person said the person he assigned it to went on vacation and would not be back for a week. I called corporate and Michael promised they would get this done and would take care of me, and he gave me a case number. I've never heard back from him either and the phone number he gave me always goes to his voicemail or refers you to another person that I have also left a voicemail for Kerry! Total frustration, I cannot even believe I'm still waiting. I should have canceled my order long ago. I wonder how hard it would be to get my money back! This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder how they make money. It's just ridiculous. Don't buy here, nobody cares!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

On 9/6 I chose Pergo flooring, paid in full and was told delivery would be 9/18. No call. No delivery. Many calls and on hold for 15 min then disconnected. Went into store. Nobody to talk to about delivery and installation. Calls made from HD TO MY DAUGHTER'S TELE #. FINALLY THRU WEBPAGE GOT # changed. Still no delivery date or call from flooring mgr. House cleared out waiting till??? Installation date 10/1. No delivery of flooring now till Friday or Monday?? Can't install as product must sit in house 3 days till it can be installed as it has to acclimate to home temp. Going to store and cancel order... let's see if they let me do it?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My experience is similar to every review I just read; ordered flooring from Home Depot, paid for it in full, 4 months later, still not installed. Can never reach anyone by phone, leave messages, no one ever calls back. Subcontractor to Home Depot, Hom Solutions is the worst of the worst - scheduled install 4 times and had to keep cancelling and rescheduling (which means moving furniture and taking time off from my job which costs me money). Unreliable, untrustworthy, and more excuses as to why they cannot reschedule; now I'm afraid to have them do the work if their initial promises are not kept. Go local, buy your materials from small supplier and find a local remodel company that can install.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought floors from Home Depot. 700 sq feet of tile had to be removed to put the floors down. Home Depot contracts out to USIG. They are terrible. They did not the ac vents and silica dust and dust went thru my ac unit and ruined my home. Now we cannot even live in the house because we get dry mouth, a horrible sensation on our tongues and congestion. This is all since the floors were done. This project stated on July 23rd and we just got the floor in on Sept 10th. From the start there was an issue. Home Depot did not order anything properly. USIG the installers send someone who not only did not cover the vents he did not lay the floor properly and the floor needed to be taken up and then redone. I do not recommend anyone using Home Depot for anything. They ruined my home and now we are having a hard time living in it.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Ordering through Home Depot was challenging, stressful, and an unsatisfying experience. Long and complicated order process! HD needs to reevaluate their process and procedures for ordering and installing carpet. I have never had the issues I had with HD from any other carpet vendor.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

This all started June 26, 2018. Ordered a rug... It came in damaged. Reordered the rug. Came in damaged. I wrote CEO Francis Blake in GA. Never got a reply... Sooooo I went to Overstock and got a rug half the price. 100% wool made in India. It comes in Friday... by Valley Express. It seems some of these truck co love to ram forklift blades into the wrapping of the rug... big holes. No one cares. I am hoping this rug from Overstock is not damaged. Amen. No more Home Depot for me. ** on them!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We bought carpet from Kalispell Home Depot to be installed. The guy who measure our room answered our questions incorrectly, which we didn't find out until the installer came. The day of installation, we got a call saying they had to reschedule. So we put all the sitting furniture back in the living room. The night before the second install date - moved it out again. Finally, installer came and halfway through found a problem with the quality of the carpet so he didn't finish. Home Depot reordered without talking to us, refused to give us any discount for the inconvenience.

Three weeks later, they still have not removed the carpet and padding. We told them we didn't want it. We have moved the furniture 7 times now from scheduled appointments never kept by them for removal. They say they'll be here and never call and never show up. Now we have another appointment for removal tomorrow - we'll see if they show up - 8th furniture removal for us. I am so disgusted.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I don't know where to begin it was sooo bad. Home Depot employees know nothing about flooring!! You should go to a small private business...take my word. To begin with...they told me I had to remove my ceramic tile before I install the LIFEPROOF VINYL FLOORING...removal cost $995!! Not true. The installers caught this. HOME DEPOT told me I had to remove the baseboards. NOT TRUE!!! Cost $300. I paid for this. AFTER the USIG "BRAIN DEAD" installers arrived. Get this...carpet seams looked like a canal going down the middle of the living room.

The vinyl flooring installer never came back. He also never caulked the baseboards that I DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE REMOVED IN THE FIRST PLACE. I paid $5500 for a terrible job. I have called...tried to be reasonable, screamed, yelled...but to NO avail. This company USIG should be investigated by the government. Home Depot employees are very nice people but they don't know **!!! Don't believe me??? Go for it then... Let Benny in Tallahassee oversee your job. You will find out what stupid is!!!

Resolution response: Aug. 14, 2018

After letting the company know I will dispute the entire charge and repurchase the new material, hire a different contractor to install the floor and remove the old floor the regional manager stated they will remove the old floor and reinstall the new floor adhering to the 1/4 inch gap the product states.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I have a brand new house, my first house ever. I went to Home Depot and they went to measure the house. They called, gave me an estimate, the flooring was delivered. Everything seemed fine. The install day came and the workers went to the house installed the floor and I came home to a horrible disaster. There's gaps everywhere, no cut is even, the flooring was installed in the incorrect rooms, and they left the rooms they worked in a mess and never reinstalled the toilets which was in the contract. The general contractor that was there commented about the flooring job and the workers just shrugged and left. I seen the floors that night and called the installer the next day who stated they will send their foreman out who has 20 years experience. He measured the expansion gaps and said they were in spec. Well you can put a deck of playing cards between the floor and the walls and still have room.

I don't know how much this LifeProof flooring expands but I'm sure it's not 2 inches. The foreman stated he would need to rip up the entire job and redo it to fix the issue. He said he couldn't do that and to call Home Depot so I did and I sent the pictures that you see below. Home Depot admits this is installed incorrectly and it was a bad job but it's too expensive to on their end to redo. So the store manager sent this issue to the regional manager to look into. I'm so upset we put everything we had into this new home with everything new. We gave a trusted company money to do a job they promised to complete with high integrity. I would not recommend using them at all. Home Depot cannot be trusted.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Vinyl flooring buyer beware of installation company AIS. After placing order, the entire year long experience was messed up from the beginning to end. Installers ran flooring wrong way and was outside of manufacturer's specifications that were included in every box (over 50 boxes installed.) Installers were rude and arrogant, refused direction of homeowners, demanded to have total run of home, HD refused to redirect “we can’t tell them how to run their business.” Flooring ripped out, replaced, damaged by installers due to having to pay for first install. Rude, arrogant, poor quality work. A year of working with HD, the flooring still damaged, HD wanted another try with same installers from AIS. Refused. Agreed to buy out of damaged floor which will be replaced by local company with better product for less money.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I ordered vinyl plank flooring for my rental property. It was to arrive in 8-11 days. When 3 weeks had passed with no indication that the flooring had arrived at the pick-up store I called the customer service line to inquire about it. After about 30 minutes of being put on hold several times, I was given an "escalation" or case number and told that they would be following up and would let me know what they had discovered. A week went by with no word from them, so I called back, giving them my "escalation" number.

Again I was put on hold for about 15 minutes, until they got back to me to tell me that they knew nothing but had tried to contact the carrier without success (I am quite sure that the entire time I was on hold, they were also on hold, with the carrier). Instead of wasting yet more time on hold, the next day I tried my luck with the websites online chat. Again, no luck, and they actually suggested that I call the carrier directly. I thought that was their responsibility! So, the online chat was absolutely no help whatsoever.

After leaving negative feedback re: online chat AND calling the carrier myself, AND calling Home Depot's customer service, I finally received an email from Home Depot. The upshot of the whole mess is that apparently the carrier "lost" my shipment and Home Depot refunded my payment (well, I still have to wait 7-14 days to actually have it credited to my bank account). So, to recap, Home Depot took my payment, lost my shipment, and left me (and my tenants) waiting for 4 weeks. And what did I get out of this? An apology, a $50 gift card, my money hopefully refunded at some point in the future, and a healthy mistrust of doing business with these people again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Home depot completed flooring measurements of our entire home. When it came time to pick the product and pay for the quotation we were expected to pay-in-full up front. They convinced me to go with LVP to replace the marble/hardwood/and carpet in my home. Once it became installation day the installers noticed (within minutes of entering our home) that the flooring option we had been sold and already had delivered was not thick enough to reach the door casings and would leave significant ridiculous looking gaps throughout the home, A LOT of them - which would lack a professional finish. Keep in mind, this is after disconnecting all our plumbing, moving all of our furniture into a corner of our house and us making arrangements for an alternative place to stay for the week at an AirBnb, as well as burning our vacation and taking time off to deal with all of this. Our house for the family, kids, dogs essentially un-useable.

Their solution: "Oh we can add plywood underneath the product within your entire house for $6k" ($6K! For maybe 80 sheets at most) to make up the gap, or we would have to replace all our door casings (again for an obscene amount of money). This kind of tactic is just like a sleazy car repair guy taking your car apart and holding you hostage for “un-foreseen” items before he will put it back together. At this point, we were really given no choice and being held hostage. It is costing us money every day we cannot use our home. This all could have been prevented if the flooring measurements and quotation were done by professionals - we mistakenly assumed that Home Depot employed such knowledgeable individuals - that included the thickness of the flooring needed to have a professional workman like result.

This is NOT an unforeseeable event and even the installers stated, "They see this all the time" - these are the Romanoff subs that work for Home Depot! Of course, in construction things come up, you run into things you don’t expect, but this is not a “thing” such as that, this is a basic requirement to install the product they convinced us to buy, obvious to actual professional within minutes of entering the home. We aren’t looking for something for free here, we are looking for them to make good on a satisfaction guarantee and to deliver what they quoted in a reasonable timeframe in a reasonable workmanlike result, and most importantly to make that kind of decision up front before we were pinned against a wall.

All-in if we were to agree to this abuse we would be at something like $12/sf for LVP! I feel that this is in fact definitionally a form of extortion - demanding money under threat, but now it's not only a threat but rather harm being done to us every day that goes by; however, Home Depot is so large that they have no interest in reaching a solution that does not cost us more money or time. It's more pressure on us the more time they take. No one is personally responsible and they hide behind process and hierarchy. These are bad people, or perhaps people not taking responsibility for the terrible things they are doing to people and blaming it on corporate chain of command, rules, and hierarchy.

I just spoke with and Ops MGR who made it abundantly clear he couldn’t give 2 ** about the situation, no regard for my displaced family, no regard for the costs already inflicted on us, no regard for the time it’s taken already, no regard for the fact we burned a week we took off work - take it or leave it, pay or cancel. How and why do they employ people like this? Their upside-down pyramid of “customers first” is a joke; it’s ridiculous to look at them in their “customers first” orange aprons, and maddening the hours and hours I’ve been on the phone on hold listening to their “what’s better than saving money? Saving time” hold repeat - both of which are far from the truth and stunningly insulting. Use these people at your own risk; What a terrible decision; I dread the idea of figuring out and unwinding this nonsense.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Do not believe that a 15 year carpet warranty is applicable because you are purchasing the carpet through Home Depot. We were not given any information beyond a receipt for the carpet purchase and have now been told that any warranty is void because we didn't have it cleaned within 12 months of purchase. The carpet fibers are coming apart so we wasted close to $7,000.00. Do your homework and ask for documentation on how warranties work. Do not trust what is advertised in store.

Original review: July 17, 2018

We started the process for flooring in May. It is now mid-July and we have decided to go a different way for the installation. Every time I call Home Depot, I get hung up on AT LEAST once and have to wait on hold for a long time before being connected with someone who MIGHT be able to help. Our experience with customer service has been horrendous, and our experience with the actual floor install has been even worse. We wanted to remove the current carpet in our home and install hard floors. Our first choice was laminate. We had someone from Home Depot come in to measure the spaces we would be installing in, a required first step, and then chose the product. When the contractors came to install the floors (THREE weeks later), they said they wouldn't be able to because our subfloors aren't level. That's fine, but back to the drawing board. We went back to Home Depot to choose another option and picked a vinyl product.

I received a call, but no voicemail, from HD and called back every day for 4 days before getting hold of someone. I was hung up on several times, then told that the lady who called had not left a note for her reason for calling so I would just have to wait for her to call back. Finally got in touch with her and turns out we chose a product that still wouldn't work for our floors. Why wasn't this brought to our attention a week ago when we were in the store? Unsure. We were then told that it was not an option at all to have hard floors and we would have to pick carpet. Why wasn't THIS brought to our attention several weeks ago? Why didn't the person who came to do the measurements do his job and check if the floors were level? So many questions left unanswered and unclaimed by HD.

We received a discount for the carpet and sheet vinyl we ultimately chose, but the contractors came back TWO WEEKS later and discovered our subfloor near our door was "inadequate" and would not install. It seems as though HD install crew are paid hourly and in order to do less work, they find any small reason NOT to install floors. Our subfloor has been checked by another legitimate company and is fine to install vinyl and carpet. We received no apology from HD and have wasted so much time waiting for them to make this better. They never do, they never did. DO NOT hire them!!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

I've done at least 10 carpet installs and I and done, done, done with them. Everything about the "7day" rapid install is a lie. I'm at 24 days now and still nothing. First it took over a week to get a measure. Store told me I could come pay later that day and then the "7 (business) day" clock would start. Well anyone with a brain knows that 7 business days means at least 9 days cause there will be a weekend in there. Measure guys comes and then says "You can order, may take 24 hours before it is in systems." WTF! Go to store and pay, they say 7 days but could be 24 hours more. More lies. They schedule 7 business days, which was 9 actual days. Day comes they call and say "We will call you in 3 days to let you know." Never hear from them that day. Now we are at 15 days minimum since I paid.

Their carpet layout minimizes carpet but you will end up with way too many seams in horrible spots. Longs term this is a waste as the seams wear out first, especially on closed loop carpet. From now on I will go to a local company and pay more just to avoid the ** job Home Depot does and the complete lying they do. I may contact our state attorney and file a false advertising complaint. JUST DON'T EVER USE THEM!

Original review: June 15, 2018

DO NOT GET HOME DEPOT CARPET INSTALLATION! I REPEAT!!! DO NOT GET HOME DEPOT CARPET INSTALLATION! My office is in a building with three other companies. We all split the bill to get a new carpet. The carpet was fine but the installation and the contractors that Home Depot used were the most unprofessional EVER! I can still see bare subflooring and on the other side of the room, the carpet goes halfway up the baseboards. It looks like they did not use sharp tools to cut the carpet. The carpet on the stairs was frayed and falling off before we even walked up the stairs. The paint job, as high as 6 feet up on the wall, was marred and now needs to be repainted. We expected to see marring on the baseboards but it was the WORST craftsmanship I have ever seen.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have canceled my order. After considerable work on selection and timing, I requested a measure appt. and paid my $50, assuming that would be refunded on my order. That's not really a problem, but when I cancelled, I was told they keep my $50. Everything went well with the measurement contractor, with a couple of minor situations about moving things, which was supposed to be included. And additional $237 for labor was added, to my Free installation and removal of old carpet. When my bid report came it contained the following which is copied from the order:

“Lead Paint Test Required in the following rooms: BED 1 (1), BED 2 (2). Note: Homes built prior to 1978 may contain lead paint. Per Federal Law, renovations in any rooms in homes built prior to 1978 that may have 6 sf of paint or stain disturbed must follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. Before your flooring can be installed, we must have a certified renovator test the affected rooms for lead paint. If the test determines that lead paint is present, you will need to pay an additional amount. Please Note: 9" Tile found in the following rooms: BED 1 (1), BED 2 (2), BED 3 (2). Possible asbestos. Tile and adhesive must be tested and/or removed before installation can proceed. See plan for details. Installer may also require customer to sign a waiver stating that asbestos was properly removed before installation can proceed. Resolution: Please review with Customer.”

Since I'm capable of checking these things out before I set myself to spend several thousand dollars to remove tile that is secure and under carpet, I spoke with a representative at the store. I was told that is standard procedure for homes over 40 years old. I'm fairly certain there is no lead paint in my house and I fail to see how the paint would be disturbed while installing carpet. I also checked with various website including THIS OLD HOUSE and discovered the best way to deal with secure asbestos tile is to cover it up with carpet, tile or laminated wood. Hence my confusion, that a carpet installer would refuse to take out and re-install carpet, when doing so would not disturb the tile.

I'm not sure about the locals in my area who do asbestos removal and abatement, but they might be connected to Home Depot's carpet installer. Just a thought. Most quotes for my three bedrooms would make just the removal $8,000 to $12,000 and there would be additional disposal fees. I can't imagine that anyone would spend that amount of money and have all that asbestos floating about during clean up, in order to lay less than $3,000 worth of carpet and pad. I cancelled the order and will go with the advice of THIS OLD HOUSE. I'm sure I can find an installer who isn't afraid of my old floors. I'm very disappointed in Home Depot and the contractors that they have hired. I'm in a small rural community, but I'm sure I'll be fine without them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Home Depot needs to get rid of all their vendors and rebuild. Or they are gonna eat ** later!! I ordered some vinyl plank flooring to do a job for one of my clients 3 weeks ago, they told me it will be shipped June 8th to the address I provided to them in two weeks. Waited two weeks for the flooring. No phone call, no products. Call Home Depot back. They told me that it was just an estimated time that it will arrive. Now I'm out of money because the flooring I ordered is not there yet, my clients is on my **, and all they can do is tell me that I can only wait. Can't even get my money back cause these ** wanna eat 15% for stocking fee. I'm basically on the losing end. I know that Home Depot ain't gonna do anything about this cause they eating money from us regardless. This is just like a story for them to read and collect money. Oh!! Yeah and I'm gonna blast these ** out. This is at Inver Grove Heights Home Depot in Minnesota, so don't ever go there.

Original review: June 10, 2018

False advertising flooring installation price. I purchased $940 worth of Aspen Gris 18" x 18" tile for ¢.99 psf because posted on the tile display was a sign that read, "We Install, only ¢.99 psf." There were 3 of these signs on 3 different tile displays. After I purchased the tile I went to schedule the installation and they tell me it is nearly $3 psf. So now I have nearly $1000 of tile I can't afford to have installed.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Dealing with Home Depot, and particularly their installation SUBS, Crew 2, was a NIGHTMARE. They arrived in a rusted old van, loaded with an entire home's worth of carpet and padding, left with a full van of bags of remnants 12 hours later (I was told 7 hours). Removed none of the old carpet, had zero means to remove it. HD brought a Bagster by which I had to load and make arrangements to remove - 5 days later. They didn't clean the floors properly, tried to use old damaged strips, and they played music all day and made ME take the bed apart and move it, though it was just a regular bed.

HD tried to charge me $100 initially, saying it was a special bed, which it wasn't. I complained to HD that they did NOT live up to their contract with me, which clearly, they did not, and they do not care. HD is ALL ABOUT PROFIT, not living up to the contractual agreements and pleasing their customer. Also, there is only one person in all the shifts in the flooring department who knows ANYTHING about the products they sell. Pathetic. I am giving one star for quality and value of the installation service, not the carpet which is a 5.

Home Depot Floors Company Information