Home Depot Floors

Compare Flooring

Research top Flooring recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Never fall for their "Free installation included in price" hook. The minimum wage workers did not know the answers to common questions nor did they ever direct us to someone who did. That was the start of our problems. The contractors Home Depot hired to install our carpet did a ton of mistakes apparently due to the "rush" to get it installed. I pointed out problems before the installer even left my house at the end of the job. The guy acted like he didn't understand me and left without a word.

Constant attempts to resolve and 2 months left on a year warranty for installation problems, H.D. tells me they can't help me, I must go through the installers. (Even after I pointed out H.D. were who we paid) we have nothing in writing about possible remedies and are filing with the ccb to help save our rights as they are running the clock down. Never trust ANYTHING they try to get you to. They are well known for pulling this and I only found out after the fact while researching for help. Tell your friends. It's not worth saving a couple bucks for a lifetime of insulting memories staring you down every day via your carpet! Good luck.

My husband and I recently retired, found our dream home in Milford PA and moved from NY. Money is tight and our dream home was going to need a little work. To the tune of a total gut and renovate. We were shopping in the Home Depot and noticed an opened box of hardwood flooring along with another 9 unopened. The opened box of wood was just what we were looking for and it looked great. We needed about 1700 square feet which equaled to another 65 or so boxes. We loaded up the 10 on the floor, were instructed to leave the other boxes closed so they could acclimate to the house. We were getting ready to install what we had, opened the boxes and discovered chipped, cracked and splintering junk.

We immediately cancelled the rest of the order and were hit with an almost $1000 restocking fee for wood we never got. I have tried talking with their customer service regarding this excessive amount and they just kick it back to the store where we purchased it. I also tried to fight it with my credit card Chase. They were of no help because I have a receipt that I bought the wood. (Again, never had it delivered). Even though I lost a lot of money, it would have cost me a lot more to fix the prefinished wood I thought I was buying.

If you are in the market for wood flooring, go to a wood flooring store. A thousand dollars was a lot for us to lose... Should you find yourself in the same position as us, this is how they get around keeping a restocking fee. They give you your money back on the card, minus a restocking fee they issue to themselves as cash. Do not sign for that refund. Good luck to all that are as dumb as we were to make a major purchase from them. They beat us out of almost $1000, but lost kitchen cabinet order, 2 complete bathroom orders, windows, tiles, basement etc. All of which I then purchased from Lowe's... I would not buy a nail from the Home Depot.

The job was incomplete. They left a mess. They stated three times that they would come back to finish but never did. You have no leverage because they want to get paid in full up front. Do not use Home Depot. You will regret it.

We are preparing a room for a seriously ill cancer patient. We asked for expedited shipping to the store for the flooring... We offered to pay anything. We only asked to please hurry the order and the processing at the store. The manufacturer said they would. Home Depot said, "No chance." The store is impossible to reach just to ask if it was there so we could prepare a contractor to install. No help. We should have gone anywhere else.

Yeah so free is not free. When you see the sign that says "FREE Install" walk away. Get your own installer. The racket is yes the "Carpet" is free not the pad and install just the carpet. So you have to use an upgraded pad at an upgraded price for your "Free Install" for warranty purposes. Never ever doing this again. Home Depot lost all of my business. That may seem small to them but Don't mislead people. So my free install is costing me $261.00. Not so free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

I was very pleased with my Cooper carpets installation. I would certainly use Home Depot and Cooper install again. I'm thinking about doing future project and I hope that I get Mr. **. He was professional and worked extremely hard. Not one time did he complain, he didn't even take a break for lunch. I was impressed. He cleaned up as if he took pride in what he does and for that reason alone I gave them 5 stars.

Went the Home Depot in Lake Elsinore, Ca. for flooring and countertops. Never again after our order has been placed the night mere started, you are treated as you are a professional and that now you know all about flooring after see them. If I did I would not have gone to them to do, I would have done it myself. We had an appointment at 2:00 pm as suggested so we did not have to wait. WE were there early. Lori who we had an appointment with was busy with someone else. She motioned to us be with us in a minute. One hr. later we were still standing there. She made no attempt to have someone else help us so we went to another sales person. Did all our picks, wrote the order which took time. Lori was still helping the people 1 and 1/2 hrs. after our appointment time. Shortly after that we got to see her for the countertops. The people that she was working with during our time bought nothing.

You work up a price with Home Depot then it goes to the contractor and then the price went up THREE TIMES. They disconnect, just call a contractor who will come out and look at the job and give you the price. The contractor has not been to look at the job and when he comes to install, the price will go up again. For thing that he did not see in the pictures that Home Depot took.

I have talked to the flooring contractor and they have told me this will happen. This would not have happened if Home Depot was not involved. This is a rental property and would like to get the work done on time to rent that is not going to happen, one reasons is that Lori did not send in the paperwork for three weeks to the contractor, I had to call to find out what was going on. We were told the contact would be email to me, never happened. I keep calling for the contact never came. The flooring contractor keep asking me to look at the contact from Nov. of 2016 so I drove the 40 miles to this store because this is where the rental is to get the contact on 1 - 26 - 2017 this job will be done in Feb. of 17 unbelievable, and then it did not get better. HOME DEPOT NO MORE.

Ordered six cases of bamboo floor. Received an email saying the floor was shipped to the store. Called the store and was told that no floor was received. Called online customer service and was told that the floor was there. Store receiving rep told me to go to the warehouse. In short all I got was HUGE runaround and no one knows or seems to care. Now it's going to be another 10 days to get floor. This company has lost all sense of customer service and when you talk to customer service you will not be able to speak to a manager. The store manager won't care cause you are a online customer and they are just the drop ship point so they have no incentive to help.

I have to say the experience of the purchase of carpet and padding was fine. It stops there. The day of installation was downhill from that point. The installers showed up right at the end of the window. We were given 1 pm. They left at 9 pm that night. Our new carpet and padding was placed in a old beat up van under old carpets and padding from a previous job they did. Totally infested with bed bugs. They did not cut the carpet correctly on the staircase and filled in the spaces with scrap carpeting. They placed their tool box on my father's desk and scratched it. They broken a door hook on my bedroom door, they left 3 doors off their hinges, they nailed down a floor vent in my bedroom using roofing nails and I cut my foot on the nails. They left the old padding in my bedroom and placed the new padding and carpet over the old one. They did not install padding in my closets I had paid for.

I contacted the installation department manager when the installers were still at my house. He was extremely rude and vulgar. I attempted to call the manager at the Home Depot in Warwick RI where I made my purchase and was told I had to deal with the installation company they hired to do the job. After waiting for a response for many weeks I contacted corporate office in Atlanta GA. Finally got to speak with Angela. She was able to get the new manager of the installation company to come out to my home and look things over. The new manager shared with me that he replaced the old manager due to many dissatisfied customers and complaints. We came to an agreement to at least replacement of the staircase carpet and padding in the closets and very little reimbursement towards the bed bug issues caused by them.

The day the installers returned the refused to do the work and left. I contacted my husband at the law office he worked for and they contacted the manager of the installation company and Angela at corporate office of Home Depot. A week later we received a letter from Angela basically stating they are not responsible for infestation of bed bugs. They may consider returning to fix the carpet on the stairs and padding in the closets. But we will need to pay the thousands of dollars for the extermination of bed bugs out of our pockets. Funny not quite the bargain we were shopping for.

So the $3,300.00 we paid for the carpet and padding is going to cost us and additional $4,000.00 for the whole house extermination. Two days wages lost, a hotel room for my handicap Mother and handicap father to stay at, and to board my pets so they will not die from the chemicals the exterminator will spray all over my home and everything we own. It looks like we may have to take Home Depot to Court. If you love to throw away money, love stress, and abhor bed bugs then Home Depot is the place for you.

We decided to list our home for sale and one of the first things we did was go to Home Depot for new carpet for our hallway and an attached room (about 300 square feet). We purposely chose the 72 hour carpet because we wanted to get the house on the market as quickly as possible. The area was measured the next day. Within hours we received a call with the measurements and we paid immediately. The installers called shortly after and we arranged installation for a Wednesday. The installers told us to pull up our old carpet and leave the tack strips – which we did. We received confirmations twice. We also signed our listing agreement and the listing was to go live the day following the install. A professional photographer was scheduled for two days following the promised installation date and open houses were advertised for that first weekend. The night before the installation was scheduled, the installers called to say my carpet was 'lost' and they had to track it.

I didn't hear back from anyone so I called the next day and was told my carpet was 'back ordered'. We immediately contacted Home Depot who said they would look into it. The next day (2 days post promised delivery) we contacted the installer again who said they 'found' my carpet but could not schedule appointments because their systems were down. We again contacted Home Depot but they were unable to assist. Our installation was scheduled for the Monday following open house – but by then we had an appointment for a showing at 3. The installer stated they would arrive between 10 and 12 that day. I told them that with a 3 pm appointment that might not be enough time... the installer assured me that it was. I worked from home the day of installation so I wasn't watching how the carpet went in. The installer told me there would be a small seam 6 inches from the master bedroom doorway and he assured me that it would not be noticeable.

The installation ran all the way to 2:59 pm. I called the installation company immediately upon leaving and told them we had run all the way up to the last minute and I didn't have time to look at it. The installation company stated there was a lifetime warranty on installation only... We had 2 showings that afternoon and when we were finally able to get back into the house we saw that there was not one seam but six – some obvious. There is also glue on the freshly painted baseboards. We immediately drove to the store where we purchased the carpet and spoke to the store manager. She showed us the original plan for how the carpet was to have been installed which was nothing like what we got. She stated she would escalate the issue and it has been almost an entire work week and we can't get anyone on the phone except customer care and we can't get a return call.

I just spoke to customer care (yet again) and they stated that the installer stated the original plan was for 6 seams – which is an outright lie. At this point the carpet has to come up and be re-installed the right way. We are also asking that our installation fee be refunded because the product was not delivered as promised and when it finally was, it was installed incorrectly. The home is for sale and we also feel that the delays may have cost us a sale as the house would not have shown as well with the carpet pulled up.

We had Pergo Flooring installed by Home Depot. They subcontract Superior Installations Corporation of IL. Located out of Chicago, they proved to be one of the very worse companies our family has ever dealt with. They took 2.5 months to install flooring in the St. Louis area. Throughout the process their staff consistently lied and provided excuses for not installing. We even had an outside professional check their criteria for accuracy. When Home Depot would step in they would jump to attempt to correct. They finally sent multiple crews to our area once caught up in their lies by Home Depot.

I cannot caution you enough about using this combination for flooring. Long after the taste of sweet pricing from Home Depot, the bitterness of poor service and complete deceit by Superior Installations Corporation of IL staff still exists in our family. There is one day in months that we haven't been reminded of how horrible our experience really was. Doing business with Superior, our recommendation to you... Just don't do it.

It's been over a year now since I had Home Depot install my new carpet through their contractor. I'm writing this review now because I just finished vacuuming my carpet, and every single time I do, I realize more and more problems and issues with my carpet. The first time the carpet was installed was so bad that we had to have them reinstall it with brand new carpet because it couldn't be salvaged. So, after having to miss work 5 times for this process (1, to get measurements which is fine and understandable when buy new carpet. 2, for them to install the carpet the first time, again understandable. 3, for them to send someone out to take pictures and examine how terrible the first installation was, 4, for them to come back and reinstall new carpet, which they put the measurements in feet instead of yards which brings us to 5, for them to reinstall again)!!!

After the carpet was finally installed the second time, it looked much better than the first. I could go through and nitpick, but after the ordeal we had already been through, I was like "forget it". But after over a year I am compelled to write this review because I just finished vacuuming and I am so sick of seeing gaps between my stairs (I can fit my finger through it at touch the flooring below in multiple spots), and the piling that they pulled up and out when they apparently were stretching the carpet (I have to go through and give my carpet a "haircut" because there are all these strand that have been pulled up everywhere)!!! I will NEVER, EVER buy carpet from Home Depot again!! My carpet already looks like it need replace because of the terrible installation job!!

I recently had a bad experience with Pinnacle Building and Contracting here in Wildwood, NJ. I needed two replacement windows for my home. I went to Home Depot in Middle Township to see what they have to offer. I spoke to a salesperson at Home Depot about the windows they offer and to learn if it was possible for me to install the windows. I quickly realized that I was over my head. The salesperson suggested that Home Depot could help with the installation by using one of the approved Home Depot installers. I left my information, with the intent that an installer would contact me in a few days. Over a week later, a person who identified himself as George ** from Pinnacle Building and Contracting here in Wildwood. He wanted to make an appointment to measure the windows and leave me with a price. George ** arrived an hour late, and continued to say that he was very busy and that is why he is late.

He measured all the windows in my home, but told him I just needed two. His first price was for all the windows and told me that he was not interested in installing only two windows. He then explained to me about the Pinnacle Building Home Maintenance Program. He explained that if I signed up for his program he could give me a discount on the windows and the installation. He told me that if I paid Pinnacle Building $60.00 a month he would come to my home once a month to see if I needed any work done, that he would guarantee the installation of the windows and he would do the installation of two windows as soon AS POSSIBLE. After George ** left my home I reviewed the information and the numbers he left. I quickly found that this is nothing but a con job. Here is the reality of his offer. The price of the two windows was broken down into two areas, the cost of the windows and the cost of the installation.

His price for the windows was double the price quoted at Home Depot for the same window and the installation was twice the price I received from two other installers. George ** goal was to get me to purchase the Pinnacle Home Maintenance Program where he wanted to charge me $720.00 a year for the privilege of having George ** and Pinnacle Building and Construction come by my house once a month to see if I need any work done. I have been in Wildwood for more than 25 years and it appears that George **, who's family owned Dracula's Castle before it burned down, is bring the same business practices, that are well known, to the home improvement business. George ** gave me a list of people who are part of this Pinnacle Home Maintenance Program.

I called three of the individuals who said they had the same experience but after he reduced the price of the job that was more in line with other companies in the area, they had the work done but did not take part in the Pinnacle Home Maintenance Program. I hope homeowners and commercial property owners read this review and avoid paying $60.00 a month for a program that has no value. I give Pinnacle Building and Construction 1 star because of their Pinnacle Home Maintenance Program and business practices here in Cape May County New Jersey.

Last year in September 2015 we ordered carpeting for 3 bedrooms, home theater and stairway. After it was measured we changed the carpet choice on the stairs and bedroom after the salesperson suggested we go with a lower pile for the stairs and higher grade carpet for the master bedroom. When the installers arrived I checked the carpet before they installed it and the carpet for the master bedroom was incorrect. No apologies. Had to move the furniture back and wait another week, move the furniture back out and it was installed.

Last month I ordered carpeting for a home office and hallway to match the carpet on the stairs. The salesperson assured me they had the correct information after I told them what happened last year and he said he saw a note that the carpeting had changed and the installation was incorrect initially. My daughter stopped in the store one more time to verify the carpet and took the swatch to the desk and he confirmed that "Yup that is what I have." Yesterday the installers arrived and this time I didn't verify the carpet before they started and after 1 1/2 I walked downstairs to check on progress and found again it was the wrong carpeting. They used the same carpet type at the bedroom instead of the stairs.

Home Depot has offered me $200 discount if I keep the wrong carpet but it turns out they charged me for the wrong carpet that was over $400 more. Huh. I get the wrong carpet, you give me $200 but overcharged me $400 and I get to waiting 6 weeks before the correct carpet comes. I will never order anything from Home Depot again.

We picked out carpet for our home at Home Depot. We decided to do our entire home and they had to come out twice to measure. They lost the first measurements for over a week and after multiple phone calls and trips to the Home Depot in Shakopee MN the measurements were finally found. We ordered the carpet to be installed by the sub-contractors at Home Depot. Initially we were told it would be 2 days to install and then they changed that to one day to install. The installers arrived on Friday December 2nd. We had been told that we could leave the big couches in place and they would move them. I asked the installers if they could stretch carpet in 3/4 of the rooms in our basement, and then go upstairs to work for 3 hours while I transferred some larger items out of the final room. The transfer would take nor more than 30 minutes. They mulled around 45 minutes in our lower level.

We finally went down to see what they were doing. Three carpet installers were standing around and said we can not do this today due to you have some extra items in one room. The initial plan was for them to install the carpet up to that room and then do other parts of our home and we would remove the items in that room about a 30 minute process. I begged them to stay, and promised I would spend no more than 40 minutes transferring all the items to the garage. They walked out the door with no communication to us for the reason for their departure. We called the flooring dept at Home Depot and spoke to Randy who said they can not do it today since the house was not ready, and we could reschedule. We had moved most of our furniture and

furnishings to prepare for this about 8 hours of work on our part.

We have spent a lot of time on the phone talking to Ryan the store manager at Home Depot. They never answered the question as to why the installers left our home and why they could not install the carpet. We are going with another carpet company that values their customers and is willing to work with us. The company we are going with stated that rooms get their carpet stretched individually. It is no problem if bulky items such as weight lifting equipment, bed frames etc be transferred to carpet that has been installed.

In the new company's words "Why would we make you carry heavy items up steps and into the garage when you can simply put them into a room that has been finished?" That is called common sense and good customer service - which Home Depot sorely lacks. We are now being penalized $750.00 for cancelling the job. Do NOT purchase anything from Home Depot that needs to be installed. They have the worse customer service. Buyer beware!

I purchased carpet, padding. Paid for installation on 11/18/2016. As of this review I have yet to have it installed with the date of 12/20/2016 which I am not happy with. I can't decorate for Christmas without have to take it down before Christmas. I contacted Home Depot as soon as I heard that they weren't going to be able to install it within a few days of purchase. I contacted Cooper Installation, this company installs for Home Depot and they weren't concerned with my unhappiness and neither was Home Depot. One dissatisfied customer. It will be almost a month after paying for my carpet/install/padding that I get the product. Sad...

The ceramic tile installation of the perpendicular lines are uneven, and the carpet installation, the edges were uneven and not tight enough. The trims all around the walls were also nailed down incorrect, and the nails were also above the trims which creates caution. The transition from carpet to tile is also unseparated, and after asking for a separation of it we were charged for it. We were also blamed for what we didn't do with solid evidence, and because of this if we wanted a repair of this blamed incident there would have also been a fee. This also is not the only blame, there were many others as well.

We recently purchased carpet for our living room, dining room and master bedroom. After 8 months of reviewing the small 4" X 4" color samples that come in numerous degrees of shades, we chose an off-white/cream with gray and black flecks and a bit of brown flecks. The carpet looked and felt sturdy, with tight twists that looked like a dense pile carpet, which is what we wanted so it doesn't mat down. We could have gone with the same carpet type on a 7-day discounted option, but the colors were limited with lots of beige options which I adamantly did not want, therefore we paid almost double to get the exact color we wanted. However, now that it's installed, the color looks like a peachy beige when direct light is not on it and the quality does not appear to the same either; the twists are thin and the carpet is flimsy. We are SO disappointed as we now have peachy beige carpet that clashes with our home decor.

Home Depot initially stated that they would stand behind it and rectify the issue, as the assistant manager admitted he saw the peachy color as well. The carpet installed has appears to have more lighter brown fibers causing the reddish hue. I noticed the color immediately when the installers came, and the roll was on the truck in our driveway in the shade (where the color shows most as peachy-beige). The installers said I could refuse the carpet, but what pressure when our house had been emptied of all furniture, including our bed, and the installer said it would take another month to get a new order -- the thought of all the work we'd done to prepare for the installation and then to put it on hold seemed too much (folks, hind-sight: don't let this affect your decision to refuse the carpet).

Plus when they cut a piece and brought it inside in morning light, it looked closer to what I'd ordered, so they installed it. When the sun goes down or any slight shade falls on the carpet , the rooms are noticeably a darker peachy-beige and not the creamy gray we selected. Home Depot said the mill manufacturer said it's "Snow Bank", what we ordered and it's "close enough" so there's nothing they can do. They talked about dye lots being different -- so, if the dye lot causes the color to be different than what we selected but the mill labels it with the same color name, the mill is right and the customer is wrong, and we're stuck with it? That's fraudulent!

I told Home Depot that this is the manufacturer's issue and they needed to ensure their vendor provides the correct color and quality that THD is selling to their customers if they are going to stand by their products. But this is not the case -- Home Depot does not care about satisfying or retaining their customer, but only retaining their vendor apparently. We're fighting this - any suggestions to help would be welcomed.

Truly appalling customer service. We were told our flooring had come in and set a delivery date. They never showed up. We called several times and kept getting transferred. No one knew the status of our situation. We spoke yo the GM. He never got back to us. We called the CEO's office and the secretary never got back to us. The flooring was finally delivered per a random phone call one day. The delivery guys put the flooring in our garage which we have now found out will not be sufficient for the flooring material to pass the temperature acclimation period. We are now arranging with Home Depot to have delivery guy come back out to move the materials into the house from the garage. Dealing with the midtown branch of Home Depot has been a nightmare. The is a complete lack of knowledge and concern for customer service yet we, as customers are paying thousands of dollars. Unacceptable!

Scheduled a carpet measuring with my local HD store. On my first trip to the store, the flooring department attendant said their systems is down and took my info. I returned to the store the following day to schedule the measurement phase; agreed on a time when the tech would arrive, anytime after 1 pm (I gave up a whole evening for the tech to arrive). Evening before the tech was scheduled to arrive, the tech calls late evening and said she could do my measuring at 8-10 am, and she wouldn't reschedule to accommodate my schedule the store attendant had noted on the instructions. Trying to explain the store attendants notes about her scheduled 1 pm evening arrival, and the tech #** said she had customers to attend to, then hung up on me! I thought I was a customer!!

The following morning, a customer service person from Michigan calls to see when I want to reschedule since I couldn't meet the measuring techs schedule. I explain the evening's conversation and ask for a refund for the measuring fee; she can't do that, said that a store rep has to do that. I call the store that evening, I was transferred around a bit, hung up on once, then finally get a customer service person to do my refund. Sorry for the long drivel but, bottom line, my opinion is to stay away from Home Depot!! Apparently, they are not in the carpet business (or customer service business either)! Their free installation lure looks great but if the measuring phase is such an ordeal, imagine what the installation and warranty follow-up would be like. My opinion, go ANYWHERE ELSE!

A month later, I have no floors. Home Depot store representatives have no knowledge on floor installation and should not be taking orders. I purchased materials, 10/11, and first was not told the 7-10 days meant business days. 11/11 I'm scheduled for installation and installers tell me it can't be done because they can't put laminate on top of particle board since parts of my floor are uneven.

Problem 1 - I told Home Depot store that wood was not under the floor, why was wood put in order. I was never told it depended what's under floor. The measuring company is a different company, not knowledgeable to look under carpet. Problem 2- Cooper Installation doesn't know a contractor that could lay plywood. Suspect. Home Depot store had no recommendations. Problem 3 - I was treated as if it was about money. All they wanted was me to get a credit card. I waited a month for floors, that's what I wanted.

I was able to return the installation, but materials were special order. I'm still without floors due to regular sales people, selling a specific product, with no knowledge. Would you go to a dentist instead of a lawyer if you got arrested?! I went to Home Depot because of their expertise in flooring but it was a disaster. Worse experience. Do not use them until they change policy and become a more transparent company on the floor installing process. A $100 gift card does not rectify 646 sq ft bare with no laminate when I only went to Home Depot for laminate flooring. I never would have shopped there.

I purchased Pergo XL flooring at Home Depot. I bought the installation provided by USIG (Attleboro, MA/ RI area). I picked up the flooring myself. USIG scheduled the install, 2 installers showed up, showed their badges, they were knowledgeable, and friendly. The owner of the company did a surprise inspection and asked if I was happy, I told him absolutely.

Bought this product because of the 7 day installation guarantee. Not only it took them 30 days to finally come home but when they did it was a complete mess. We ordered 2 runners and as they didn't have those, they tried to build them right here which ended up in destroying my stairs and, of course, having to send the runners back to the store as they didn't work. When they left (with 2 tools they borrowed from me and never returned) the house was a disaster, with staples all over the place and basically chaos on all the rooms.

I purchased tile floors and grout from Home Depot in August. It took until the end of September for everything to be delivered. When I called to inquire on the delivery I was told "hang tight honey". That should have been my first red flag and I wish I would have cancelled then. Once the product was delivered I had to call the store to get a date on installation. That should have been the second red flag. The installer called me a few days later and said it was a lot of work to be done. He sent out two day laborers who removed glued on wood flooring and tile in less than four hours using a chisel to lift the wood subsequently pulling up the subfloor with the wood. The tile was also chiseled up leaving pits and ridges in the subfloor and the day laborers posing as flooring specialist left all of the old grout behind.

Home depot then told me they were now unable to install the floors because they are too damaged. When I tried to return the product and cancel the entire order they were going to charge me over a thousand dollars for the demolition/destruction of my subfloor. I feel stuck like I have no recourse. This big corporation subcontracted out to inexperienced installers that destroyed my floor and now I am living in a house with bare floors. Negative 5 stars for home depot.

I have not had a good experience with Crew 2. We purchased carpet from Home Depot to be installed by this company. Part of the contract was for Crew 2 to move furniture in the home which is the only reason I purchased through Home Depot. The 2 carpet installers showed up today, were very unprofessional and it seemed as though they wanted to get the job done as fast as they could. First they argued with us about moving furniture which we had to help with, moving it onto our deck. Then when they finished taking out the carpet and old pad, they began the clean up process and used their vacuums and had no care for our trim which now has many nicks and scratches in it. Then when my husband asked them to please be careful since we just had the trim redone, they walked off the job saying that the job was too risky for them.

They said they only have insurance up to $3000 to cover any damages and literally just left our home. So, now we have no carpet, walking around on subfloor with nails everywhere and Crew 2 does not have a backup to install today. I guess we will be staying in a hotel tonight. Very disappointed in the service we received from the installers.

We ordered carpet from Home Depot, and told the sales associate that we had a cardboard type flooring on top of the wood floor. The associate said it was ok because their latest promotion includes free "floor tear-out". We took a credit card out to purchase the service and carpet, and we had a quoter come to our house, where we explained to him that the top level stuff had to come off because it was old and deteriorating. Now the install guys come and say they don't do flooring, and they only pull up carpet, which isn't mentioned in the sales flyer given to me, and it wasn't mentioned by the two store associates (one who came out to our house to do measurements).

It is fraudulent they can put whatever they want on flyers and quoting sheets and not have to comply with their own promotions, which specifically says "floor-tear out", what would you think? And this flooring was supposed to be installed within their guaranteed 72 hour time frame, which won't happen now also. Worst company to do business with, the managers couldn't give a rats ass, so I filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's Office.

On 6/13/2016 my husband and I went to our local Home Depot to inquire about flooring, Big Mistake. We did decide to have our flooring installed by them. After numerous issues - losing/messing up our order several times, not getting the shoe molding we ordered (sent fake, not real wood), the base boards were gouged out (my husband had to repair), the installer (the first one) being at our home until 1AM (from 8:30AM), the others not showing up for the carpet install (had to reschedule that a couple of times), the store Manager ** never following thru with anything. There is so much more to this story, I could go on for days.

We spent our entire Summer dealing with incompetent sales "professionals" at The Home Depot. It took literally all Summer to get the floors installed... Today is 10/17/2016 and we have yet to hear from anyone about our supposed credit for our troubles. I am truly exhausted and do not feel like fighting anymore. I guess that is what they hope for. My advice to anyone that considers getting their flooring from The Home Depot... DON'T DO IT!!!

I feel compelled to write because I was just sifting through some of the negative reviews of HD and their installation. I worked with the Home Depot in Kitty Hawk, NC on extensive renovations to my beach house. This past spring they did carpeting in 3 rooms, tiles in essentially the entire ground level, and hardwood flooring installation in 3 bedrooms, a large hallway, and a STAIRCASE! My needs were unreasonable -- they had like a 2 week window to get it all done -- but they exceeded my expectations every step of the way! For starters, Brenda, in the Kitty Hawk store was brilliant in figuring everything out. The plans and estimates were spot on, which paved the way for a successful installation. I read negative comments on Romanoff installation in another HD review... I disagree! Romanoff did all of the installation for me and the people were GREAT!

The people on the phone, helping schedule this, bent over backwards to make things happen, and even proactively phoned me to avoid issues. The workers who came were great, and did a fantastic job, truly! A special shout out to the tile people... I could not be happier with my decision to use Home Depot... I am now looking to work with them on renovations to my house in Dallas.

Folks, I highly recommend HD. I see the negative reviews and am surprised, but then I realize that this is a national company that does such a high volume -- and yes, using third parties -- so it's inevitable that there will be some bad experiences. ** I've attached photos...one shows hardwood in a bedroom, one shows carpeting in a bunk bed room, and two show tiles in a game room. The photos don't do justice to the work, but they're the best I have...

I bought flooring from Home Depot in August of 2015. Four months later, I noticed the laminate tiles was lifting in the seams. I called Home Depot, and they sent someone to my house. Home Depot said they would replace the tiles. 2 weeks later, I get a letter from Home Depot in Atlanta telling me that the floor was discontinued, and they could not honor the warranty as the floor was no longer available. When I purchased the flooring, the salesperson said it was guaranteed for one year. Isn't this misrepresentation?

They also told me the flooring was perfect for kitchens, then the installer, East Coast Flooring told me that I could not wash it with water. The Sales Rep never told me that either. I had a 2 year no interest plan, but I was only making the minimum payment 'til it got resolved, then Citi Financial Services slapped me with a deferred interest charge of over 600 dollars. I called Citi, and told them my story, and they said "Too bad", I should have paid the bill off, and it is not their fault. The retailer, Home Depot lied to me. What a racket!

Do not have Home Depot installed your carpet. They installed the wrong color and will not correct the problem. They are blaming the manufacturer for the color difference when they installed the wrong color.

Home Depot Floors Company Profile