Home Depot Floors

Home Depot Floors

3.9/5 (576 ratings)
Find a Flooring partner

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Floors

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Floors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Floors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I purchased a carpet and tile install for my living room from Home Depot. The contractor they hired to do the tile work was a super nice guy. I liked him a lot. However, personality doesn't trump quality work. After he was done, the scheduled contractors for the carpet came. I'm not racist or anything like that but at least send someone who can communicate when there is a problem... I received a call from Home Depot while the carpet guys were here, saying they need to charge me for an additional floor covering removal. Tried to communicate with the guys that were doing the install but couldn't because they only knew about 5 words of English.

Why was this not brought to my attention before they covered up what they supposedly "removed" and why was it never an issue any other time I've replaced the carpet in that room? Seems a little fishy. So I talked to the lady that called me from Home Depot and she started getting an attitude with me about why I haven't said anything about the uneven tiles from the install a week ago. Well, seeing that that room was under construction, we didn't use the room. Waited for it to be finished. Now that the carpet is done, I inspected everything. She got an attitude, "Well you didn't say anything when it was done." "Well... Yeah, I didn't think it was done." Who leaves tile uneven to the point where it is in fact a trip hazard and considers it "done". Therefore the job is not done.

I am not a contractor or in the construction business anymore but what I do know is if someone is paying quite a bit of money to have work done to their home, you want it done right. Home Depot is not the option you want to look towards. If anything, run as far away from them as you can. Even look up videos on how to do things yourself. Probably would end up working out better. Should have listened to other people about them. Lesson learned here. Never using home depot anything again. What a FAIL.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I ordered a rug to be installed by Home Depot with instructions for a second rug to be installed in front of the room to go under the main rug with the edge to be binded on the top rug. Contractors moved the seam of the rug from the back of the room to the front of the room at the top of the stairs entering the room. I called Home Depot for a interpreter cause the contractors didn't speak English. The person I spoke with re-insured me the contractors knew what they were doing. One of the contractors came to me with a paper to sign off saying the job was done. I had already paid for the contractors to return to my home after the binding was completed so I knew something was wrong. How could the job be finished? When I went to look at the room it was not done correctly. They installed the whole room with one carpet and didn't install the second rug under the floor like I asked.

Trying to reach someone in customer service is not easy always on hold or being told someone will call me. You will wait days for a response. After reaching someone I was told they could have someone come back to my home and do it again. I had already had the walls repainted from the damage done while installing the original carpet. In the end I'm still not happy the room is not done correctly. I would recommend Home Depot products but not their contractors. If you don't mind the job not being done correctly or the rug not seamed together, or hours on the phone, I would hire your own contractors. Home Depot does not offer you compensation for your time or make sure the job is being done correctly while the contractors are in your home.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I purchased about 1,000 sq. ft. of laminate flooring from Home Depot with installation. HD chose G.S Floor Designs, Inc., 845 W University Dr., Arlington Heights, IL 60004, to do the installation. Once GS finally started the project, there was one delay after another. The job that was scheduled to take a week in June was not done until August 1. By the time I was done with GS, I ended up having to pay about $3,000 more than the original installation quote. The work was also poorly done. When GS said the installation was complete, it looked terrible because they had not installed the thresholds or the small molding that is customarily installed to conceal the edges of the floorboards where the floor met the exterior walls of the apartment.

When I insisted upon the molding, I had to pay more and the job took another month. After the installer repeatedly failed to show up to complete the job when promised, I had to hire someone else to finish it and touch up the paint. (The GS workmen had also left the newly-painted walls in terrible shape.) GS denied my claim for compensation for the poor quality of work, failing to finish the job, the significant under-estimate of the installation costs and the horrible delays. I did not hear anything from Home Depot after GS denied my claim. By the way, I have had very good experience using Lowe's for projects like this. Go there!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

In 2021 we purchased Traffic Master carpet from Home Depot, we were told that they had trained installers by the salesman, and we never received a copy of the carpet seam layout. Also I was told that it would take a day or two to do the whole home. Which to our surprise & shock they did it in one day, I called G&S Flooring about the number of seams & placement of the seams, and they said to halt the job, but it would take several weeks to get material to finish. The carpet was installed by Private Contractors & they did the job as fast they could & we had a poorly laid carpet & a mess to clean up. Now the carpet looks worn & seams showing, we have contacted them & now they are using the warranty as a reason to drag it out.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

If you are interested in having a new floor installed by Home Depot, don’t do it!!! I have have several installs by Home Depot over the years and they always use a third party contractor. I have never had an issue until now. Their flooring contractors are the absolute worst. Read other reviews about this. My experience was like many. I was not told that you must pay the whole job before they even do any work. The measurement guy came and did all the measurements and told me what materials I would need to level my floor. I was having vinyl flooring installed in my kitchen. They quoted me with $1800 of materials needed. I accepted the quote and then waited for installation. This is where things got interesting. I was told I must disconnect all appliances and move all non permanent furniture from the room. I did this one day prior to the installation team arriving.

Meanwhile I had to pursue the installation company. One guy shows up with a level and a hammer. No materials and no equipment to rip up the floor that I was being charged for. He takes his level and says he can’t do the job and says I need to hire a contractor. Ummmm, hello. I had to fight with that company and Home Depot to get a full refund. Meanwhile my house was torn apart for this install that never happened. Home Depot was useless at resolving the issue. Extremely poor customer service. Read other reviews and do not use them for flooring!!!

Original review: July 26, 2022

Do not use pro referral. I repeat do not use Home Depot's pro referral, they are worthless. They lead you down the path to trust the pro referral. I called there eight times there's no contract stating I have to pay upfront and never get my money back when the contractor quits and that's exactly what happened. The contractor demanded 50% upfront payments. I only trusted him because he was through the Home Depot.

When the contractor got two more upfront payments for some additional work he decided he wanted to quit and not work for me anymore. He further explained how his deposits were non-refundable even though he never did the work, let me say he never did the work but he said his payments were non-refundable. I find this absurd Home Depot wants nothing to do with it. I've called them 25 times. I've emailed them 60 times. They gave me the contractor's insurance name like that's going to be a lot of fun fighting with an insurance company. Please they're not going to want to give me anything.

I never would have given somebody money upfront. I only trusted him because he was a pro referral through the Home Depot and the acceleration team is resolving nothing. She is doing nothing. They play games, they call, hang up, they don't leave a message, they delay things and they're not doing anything for me. They're telling me that their contract says are not responsible, I never signed a contract. Worthless, worthless, worthless. There's so many difficulties and mistakes done in their processing. It was a full-time job trying to follow all the mistakes and misinformation and information not given on a couple of the orders.

I did find research that said I could try to sue the Home Depot and small claims court unbelievable. I don't even think the contractor that they referred me to has a license and that's why the guy got spooked. He doesn't care that he took my $2,200, Home Depot doesn't care that they took my $2,200. He didn't do the work. He's keeping my money. He has the key to my home. He has the garage remote and they don't care.

Do not use pro referral if you're not buying something or walking out the door with it. Don't use Home Depot. They're a mess and I probably will have to go to court. I'm just so perturbed that I trusted them, just can't believe I was victimized by the Home Depot pro referral and the person that they referred me to was a total imbecile. It's got some kind of mental problems or drug problems or con artist, theft problems, not going to be a victim of the Home Depot or Great Lakes all-around services. I'm not their victim.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I paid Home Depot upfront as is their policy over 22K$ for flooring materials, countertops and installation. The sales person said they should start within 3 weeks and be finished in about 6 weeks. 10 Months later they were not finished. By this time I had endured hundreds of phone calls and many many hours of phone carousels and hold time. I had engages with about 15 "Managers". The problems were mismatched tile, uneven height of installed tiles, missing baseboard, a dishwasher that could no longer fit under the (Home Depot installed) countertop and many more problems. I sued them in Tuolumne County Small Claims Court. After 3 hearings they lost and were forced to refunded me the 6k$ that I was asking for to fix problems. I recommend never to even consider using Home Depot.

Original review: June 10, 2022

They screwed me out of $3000. I ordered a rug. Waited about three months for it to come in. When it came in it was defective. They promised that they would replace it, they even wrote it on the paperwork and I never heard back from them. The installers they sent out did not know or speak English. They were obviously illegal and we could not communicate with them. Bad place to do business with. Stay away from them!

Original review: May 24, 2022

There's a lot to say here on the subject but I'll stick to the lowlights: In summary, the overall coordination between HD and the flooring company was a travesty. I've read a lot about this incredible disconnect in scheduling, ordering, and project status and my experience mirrors what I've read. I spent no less than 8 hours talking to HD and the flooring company to sort out discrepancies across the board. Complete and total aggravation and disruption.

Issues: wrong measurements leading to the wrong amounts of materials, the wrong scheduling dates, no show installation (twice). This, over the course of 7 months between signing the project at HD and final installation. The final insult was that I had to complete the application of an 8" piece of molding myself or it would have been a few more weeks before the installer could arrive to complete the job. Ridiculous. You get what you pay for folks, and what I paid for was time lost to coordinate between parties so this train wreck of coordination would finally end.

Original review: May 16, 2022

The installers did not speak english and there was no communication. The closet doors and old hardware should have been discussed and removed properly for the new carpet installation. Poor workmanship in the closet areas and the carpet was pieced together. The floor was uneven in my living room and no discussion was made on how I wanted to handle it. Now I have a dent about three feet wide in my floor. I called Home Depot several times, often without them documenting my calls. They do not want to fix the problems. I recommend hiring your own experienced carpet installers that know about specific problems that normally arise with carpet installation. They rushed in and rushed out. They did not take their time and do a good quality job.

Get matched with a Flooring partner near you.

Home Depot Floors Company Information