Home Depot Floors

Home Depot Floors

3.9/5 (334 ratings)
Find a Flooring partner

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Floors

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Floors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Floors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 27, 2022

I paid Home Depot upfront as is their policy over 22K$ for flooring materials, countertops and installation. The sales person said they should start within 3 weeks and be finished in about 6 weeks. 10 Months later they were not finished. By this time I had endured hundreds of phone calls and many many hours of phone carousels and hold time. I had engages with about 15 "Managers". The problems were mismatched tile, uneven height of installed tiles, missing baseboard, a dishwasher that could no longer fit under the (Home Depot installed) countertop and many more problems. I sued them in Tuolumne County Small Claims Court. After 3 hearings they lost and were forced to refunded me the 6k$ that I was asking for to fix problems. I recommend never to even consider using Home Depot.

Original review: June 10, 2022

They screwed me out of $3000. I ordered a rug. Waited about three months for it to come in. When it came in it was defective. They promised that they would replace it, they even wrote it on the paperwork and I never heard back from them. The installers they sent out did not know or speak English. They were obviously illegal and we could not communicate with them. Bad place to do business with. Stay away from them!

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2022

There's a lot to say here on the subject but I'll stick to the lowlights: In summary, the overall coordination between HD and the flooring company was a travesty. I've read a lot about this incredible disconnect in scheduling, ordering, and project status and my experience mirrors what I've read. I spent no less than 8 hours talking to HD and the flooring company to sort out discrepancies across the board. Complete and total aggravation and disruption.

Issues: wrong measurements leading to the wrong amounts of materials, the wrong scheduling dates, no show installation (twice). This, over the course of 7 months between signing the project at HD and final installation. The final insult was that I had to complete the application of an 8" piece of molding myself or it would have been a few more weeks before the installer could arrive to complete the job. Ridiculous. You get what you pay for folks, and what I paid for was time lost to coordinate between parties so this train wreck of coordination would finally end.

Original review: May 16, 2022

The installers did not speak english and there was no communication. The closet doors and old hardware should have been discussed and removed properly for the new carpet installation. Poor workmanship in the closet areas and the carpet was pieced together. The floor was uneven in my living room and no discussion was made on how I wanted to handle it. Now I have a dent about three feet wide in my floor. I called Home Depot several times, often without them documenting my calls. They do not want to fix the problems. I recommend hiring your own experienced carpet installers that know about specific problems that normally arise with carpet installation. They rushed in and rushed out. They did not take their time and do a good quality job.

Original review: May 11, 2022

POOR FLOOR installation! BUYER BEWARE! A MUST-READ! If I could rate them a 0 I would. We have had nothing but problems with Home Depot since they installed our floors that we purchased from them in October of 2021. Our contract states that the floors need to be leveled in our home per the manufacturer requirements and they are not abiding by it. They sent out Superior who has an installation company come out. They were AWFUL! The contractor they send out states contradicting information.

I have filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and the FTC because the service from this store was terrible. They do not get back to you and corporate is even worse! Home Depot only chooses to fix areas per what their contradicting contractor states. I have videos, emails, pictures, and an inspection report stating that we have dips all over our house due to the POOR floor installation and it needs to be fixed because we are experiencing issues and will continue to do so because they can not level our floors properly.

They have been out to our home 4 times to fix the POOR and CARELESS initial install. Not only could they not do the job right the first time but still cannot do the job right 3 times after that. PLUS every time they come into our home they cause damage to our property. We have over $3,500 in property damages to our home that they are not paying to fix.

They send these release agreements trying to con us out of our warranty and taking ownership that they messed up and our floors were done WRONG! The second time they came out to our home to try and fix our leveling, the installer took cardboard, YEP CARDBOARD boxes from our garage, tore up the floors and stuck that under my floors to help with the leveling. SERIOUSLY this is what we paid for? This is how you correct leveling issues? You stick a cardboard box under our floor. ABSURD!

Then going back and forth with them to fix that and other areas of our initial install, I have videos of FURNITURE MOVING. YES, you read correctly. I have videos of the furniture and picture frames moving when you are walking on the floors. I still have videos like this that they choose to not fix because they are siding with a contradicting contract that has NO CLUE what he is talking about. I asked for them to send another contractor out. Of course, they said no.

I had another contractor come out from a different company and he said my floors were so bad that I needed an inspector to come out. He also told me that there are mulitiple families in the CRYSTAL LAKE area that got screwed by HOME DEPOT. They paid money to have their floors done and had to go out and pay their company to come out and redo all the work. These families ended up paying two companies to do the job right because HomeDepot left them high and dry.

I paid for an inspector to come out and I sent them that report. GUESS WHAT! He stated my floors pretty much 3,000 square feet needs to be ripped up and redone. DUE to POOR FLOOR installation, due to deflection/dipping all over our home. This has been a hassle and a huge inconvenience for us and they are still not even acknowledging what the inspector wrote. They are trying to con us by sending us these release agreements and trying to get out of fixing our floors and having us pay for them. BUYER BEWARE! Contact me and I will send you these AMAZING videos, emails, pictures because I do not want anyone to go through what we are and we are out a lot of money plus damages to our property due to their carelessness and negligence.

Original review: March 30, 2022

We are seniors ordered plank flooring installed by Home Depot 3 months ago. The installers showed up and looked like they came from a homeless camp. Very rude and one said he had never done flooring before. They worked on and off 7 days then just quit. Said they were losing money on the job. We were left with a awful 1/2 done floor and heavy furniture to move back. Home depot had done our living room with professional installers the year before. We were very happy but this new install was the worst ever. I was afraid of them. They smoked ** and cursed in our home. Home depot has now sent the good installers to rip it all out and replace.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

We ordered vinyl plank flooring and paid in full in mid November and were told it would be delivered the week of December 3rd. We had installation scheduled for mid December. Mid December I get a call saying the flooring is on back order. We were never told this when we ordered and paid for it. The following week, we get a call saying the flooring is stuck on a ship and waiting to port. We get this same phone call for the next 4-5 weeks. I had to reschedule installation 4 times. Up until now, I am very patient and polite. Finally I ask to speak to someone about canceling or getting a big discount. 15 minutes later I get a call saying they have the flooring in stock and they have had it all along.

Finally three months after we ordered and paid for the flooring I get a partial delivery. 46 out of the 52 cases of flooring were delivered. We paid for threshold delivery. The delivery driver wanted to leave it in my driveway. He claimed to not know it was supposed to be delivered inside. He said he could not do it because he was by himself. He brought it into our garage and my wife and I carried the 46 cases that weigh about 45lbs from our garage into our house.

I then call Home Depot about the missing flooring, molding, transitions…etc. They tell me I have to call the front desk. I call the front desk and they tell me I have to call another store because it was being delivered from the other store. I ask why I had to call since I ordered from their store. I call the other store and they said they would look into and call me back. They never did. I then get a call from the Home Depot we ordered from and finally get a manager who acted like I was inconveniencing him. He was very dismissive of my concerns and was just trying to get me off the phone. Finally, the rest of the material was delivered.

This installation experience was not a pleasant one either. American Carpet South came to install the flooring. I was scheduled for a Friday and Saturday installation. The day started off well. The installers arrived at 8:30AM on Friday and got to work. Around 4 PM I noticed they were not close to being done, so I asked one of the installers if they were coming back tomorrow, and he said maybe they would be finished today. Now, there was a language barrier, so we had a difficult time understanding each other.

At 4:30 pm I received and phone call from the the American Carpet South with a recorded message stating the installers will be at my residence on Saturday between 8am and 12 pm. I also received a text with the same message. At 4:54 PM I received a phone from someone from American Carpet telling me that the installers told her they think they can finish the job by 7 PM and she asked me if that was okay. I told her yes and they can even stay until 8 as long as they did a good job. She told me I would get a phone call if they were going to stay past 7 PM.

At 8:40 PM, I decided to talk to the installers again because they were still there and no one had called me. I was told by Bernie they would be done in one hour and they had to be done that day. He asked if that was okay. My response was “I guess”, knowing that was not true because I was scheduled for a Friday and Saturday installation and even received a phone call and text confirming the same.

At 10 PM I went back up to talk to the installers and they said they were almost finished. Clearly they were not. The entire hallway needed to be done, the quarter round needed to be finished and the transitions and stair nose need to be done. At 11 PM I went up to take a look at the work and pointed out some glaring issues to which they responded that there was nothing they could do about it. The installers were also very unhappy that they had to move furniture back to the rooms. I told them I had paid for the furniture to be moved. I had to help them move furniture because they just rolled their eyes whenever I told them which room furniture went to. On top of this being a major inconvenience for my family having them there until 11:18 PM, the issues with the work are:

-They left my home in a complete mess. The did an awful job cleaning up.
      -They used caulk to fill in gaps in the flooring.
      -They nailed the stair nose in and the transitions in. If you step on them, you can feel the nails. Also, the transitions were installed poorly. The stair nose and transitions also move when stepped on.
      -The quarter round was cut poorly and are installed unevenly. Some areas have nails sticking out of the quarter round. They should have cut them in angles so they fit together better.
      -There is a big gap between the door trim and flooring in many locations.
      -Small pieces of flooring used to fill in gaps. Poor job measuring.
      -They left my front door wide open every time they went out. I had to close it at least 20 times. I asked several times if they could close it. The temperature yesterday started out in the low 30s and ended in the low 20s.

-Damaged furniture.

So basically, my installation is still not complete and based on how this entire experience has gone, I don’t have any confidence that it ever will be.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I went with Home Depot for my carpet installation. Price was great and affordable. They sub-contracted out the workers who did the install. The install went well and was done super quick. Only con was they didn’t install the doorway trim for the door frame where the carpet met the kitchen flooring.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Had one of the worst experiences with a vendor, that I can remember. Went to your flooring dept. at your Poulsbo Washington location. Picked a slate flooring and scheduled install. After waiting 2 months they show up today, pull my carpet, cutting it into pieces, remove it with padding, lay out my slate, call manager, manager comes, installers leave. Evidently they do not like to install flooring on Gyp Crete, which is what I have over my radiant floor heating system. I am sitting in my home with no flooring and no resolution other than, "Oops sorry, we can refund you your money."

Crystal (from flooring) and Shannon (store manager) were absolutely no help. This is how you operate? The measurer came out 2 months ago, measured, pulled a corner of carpet and indicated the subfloor, so what's the problem? Why am I sitting in my home with no flooring and no help!! As my records will show, I have spent $15,000. at Home Depot this year and hundreds of thousands over the past decades. This is completely unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Home Depot at City of Commerce is the worst. Don't do business with this company. I was looking to do my floors. They came and gave us an estimate on a Luxury vinyl floor that I like from Home Depot. They came and measured my floor sqft, it took Home Depot 36 hrs to call me back, the next day I decided I was going to go with them since I really liked the floor, I had other options with other companies.

After I did the contract with them, paid the full amount, they call me the next day and told me they couldn't do the area around the fireplace. WTF, really Home Depot? Why couldn't they tell me that when they did the estimate, why wait after we commit and signed the contract and after we paid in full, close to $8,000? I'm really disappointed and very upset. Never doing business with Home Depot again. Very irresponsible and unreliable company. And when I tried to cancel they told me I needed to call a different number. Waste of time and energy dealing with these crooks.

Get matched with a Flooring partner near you.

Home Depot Floors Company Information