2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

Home Depot Floors

Home Depot Floors
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.52/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Home Depot Floors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Floors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: July 31, 2020

Home Depot - Carpet Services...A joke! The supplier they use CFI...a joke too! On May 23rd, 2020 we got a quote to carpet stairs which included floating stairs. On May 26th, 2020 we ordered the carpet. June 12th...they were coming to install! So excited!!! June 12th, was a disaster. All the stairs were cut short. Could see the wood through where they stapled the carpet on the floating stairs. Looked terrible. A super rushed job. No masks were worn and the installers were rude.

Called June 13th to the local store to voice concerns. Played phone tag for a week after to get situated. Finally, a supervisor called and requested photos. Easy enough, sent. Got a call back saying enough was seen via photos to go ahead and have the job redone. We were told we’d hear from the “best of the best” with stairs to make an appointment which ended up being made for July 6th.

July 6th - Husband takes off of work to be home for the redo. A field tech shows up solo with no carpet or crew. We’re dumbfounded. The guy was there to look at the job already done and then decide if it needed to be redone, however that had already been determined. Oh well. Was told the installers didn’t lay padding down correctly, and acknowledged many more issues with the install that we didn’t even notice and noticed the job was definitely rushed!!! Was told we’d hear from someone in a few days to actually schedule the job to get redone (which we thought was happening on the 6th). We were very cordial about it and patient. Until the VERY next day when someone called from CFI to ask how the install was on the 6th. NO JOKE!

They thought it was installed as we thought it was going to be. We give it a bit, and don’t hear from anyone about the new installation date. We called our field tech and was told CFI was waiting on Home Depot to order the carpet. Meanwhile, every time we called Home Depot, they blamed CFI or was told it was being worked on and upper management was looking into it, yet nobody from upper management ever reached out to us. Finally, after speaking to a great rep at the local store….we got optimistic things were gonna finally get done. They had CFI call us direct and we scheduled the installation date on July 23rd for July 31st. We were so excited about finally getting this all taken care of!

July 31st - we get a call that CFI will be here in one hour!!!! So excited. We asked the installers if they were aware of what happened before and wanted to verify it would be done correctly with the padding, etc. They claimed yes!! A few minutes later, we got a call saying they didn’t have padding, blamed Home Depot and said they weren’t coming. Ridiculous! The lady at CFI then called back and claimed they could use what was here, however, that wouldn’t be enough to stretch around the floating step. More communication errors.

We then called the store manager and explained our frustration. Barely got a sympathetic apology. Asked for a refund. He said he would call CFI and if they (Home Depot) gets their money back, then we’d get a refund. Not the answer or resolution we were looking for. We’ve wasted a ton of time on the phone and three days were wasted for installation that either was done horribly or not done at all because of their lack of communication. Was told by store manager we’d hear back by Monday. In the meantime, a complaint was made to Home Depot Cares Department. Never really got an apology. She asked what we wanted (which was a refund) and that seems to be her only task with all of this. CFI had later called the same day to say they could now come tomorrow August 1st as they now apparently have padding! Still seem to blame Home Depot.

Moral of the story...don’t use Home Depot for carpet. After dumping thousands of dollars on stuff there recently, we’ll stop supporting them. Family was looking for carpet and after our experiences they were afraid to use Home Depot and went to Lowe’s and were completely satisfied. The word is out there and this is the least we can do to spare any consumers from using them. Still haven’t received our money back and we’ll pursue other avenues to get it back. We’re not asking for handouts or anything free. But, just getting our money back isn’t satisfying either. We’ve been waiting to book that second job/quote until after they made it right on the stairs. At this point, we’ve been done wrong for too long.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I had several rooms in my house carpet installed by Home Depot. Upstairs was fine. Downstairs carpet was pieced in many sections and showed terrible. Installers agreed and called co. I was to call company. Couldn't talk to anyone. So called Home Depot, got answering machine. Called 3 days. They would transfer me to answering machine. Never a call back. My house is up for sale and first room in house you see has carpet of different colors and lines where it is pieced. I thought they would call back and come see this mess.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My main reason to write this review is because I feel cheated and angry at the way HD has treated me as a customer. Provided wrong information on the type of flooring- engineered bamboo instead of solid bamboo. Sent the wrong color -stair nose (reorder took 3 months and they charged me for their mistake). The project was stalled and delayed for 3 months. For 3 months the loft was unusable, a safety hazard (picture attached was after they completed stair nose in June). Repeated follow up for 3 months to complete project and for a refund of money owed for material returned $1600/- and still no resolution and my credit card has been charged. Rude and indifferent store manager and customer service. Almost feels like they are discriminatory. As a customer I simply want them to responsibility, apologize for the inconvenience caused and fix the issue. Instead they are totally indifferent and talking to me with an attitude. I’m appalled!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I purchased carpet from Home Depot and had them install. They sent out a person to measure, and not did he do some measuring. He knowingly over measured, so much that I have enough carpet left to carpet a whole room and still have some left over. I understand a little, but the amount left over wAs ridiculous. Home Depot allowed it. They are fine with selling customers what they do not need. There is no reason I should have all that carpet left over. Just a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My only comment is to make sure that you are very sure you will use the Depot to install your floors before you sign up and pay for measuring. Once a measurement is taken and you pay the $49 fee, they will not give out the floor measurements to you. They do not apprise you of that fact before you pay although they do tell you the amount will be taken off the flooring project if done with Home Depot. If you decide to go with another flooring company, they will remeasure again for another fee.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Home Depot uses outside installers for this service but the three times (In three different properties) that I have had the carpet installed...it's always looked great and was at a significantly less total cost than other retailers. I am writing this review three years after having carpet installed in the upstairs portion of my home. The carpet looks good and shows no sign of wear. It looks as good as the day I purchased it. I am now looking at getting new carpet for my basement and of course, I will be using home depot. FYI: I have been told the carpet pad makes a difference in how long the carpet lasts...so I have always got the thickest pad available at home depot.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I have used Home Depot (HD) as my "go-to" place for home items, tools, garden, pool, etc for over 30 years. Our home needed new carpeting and it was long overdue. We held off until our last pet was no longer with us (although sad to see her go). We had a good idea what we were looking for. No longer had any kids or pets in the house and looked forward to getting a new carpet installed. My wife had met with a women (a designer) at our local HD and had scoped out a style, brand that she thought was best. I went with her as we made the final choice together on style and color. We were told that this was a very good quality carpet that had a good warranty (15 year) and would serve us well. We made the purchase (November of 2018). This was a relatively substantial purchase for about 3,000 sq-ft (325 sq-yards) of carpet. The scheduling and the install of the carpet went well with no issues.

After just 90 days, we noticed that the carpet was showing some distinctive wear patterns. This was totally unexpected. We had two adult friends staying with us at the time, but all were never in a position to track dirt or other materials into the house and often took off our shoes. My wife contacted HD, the female representative we had been working with for the purchase. She said this was unusual and thought it might be a manufacturing defect. She made contact with individuals in the HD organization to follow-up. She initially indicated that there was likely something that could be addressed.

An individual contacted my wife and made arrangements to come to the house and inspect the worn carpet (this is about 4-5 months after install). This individual looked at the carpet. He disclosed to my wife that the carpet was not of particularly high quality. The fiber material is known to have this kind of problem. He would submit his findings to HD and they would follow-up with us in regards to what could be done. We were contacted by HD and told that there was nothing that could be done related to the carpet (confirmed by store representative). That this was normal and there was nothing further. They would not replace, repair, or even clean the carpet. We inquired about the 15 year warranty and they indicated that this was not something that fit the warranty. Nothing further could or would be done. VERY DISAPPOINTED. They have lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

First the samples don’t look like the end product at all. The store lighting is diff also on the displays. Then the measure guy they say didn’t measure right so I had 10-12 extra boxes of bamboo left and not enough trim. I’m still waiting for trim to finish my floor from install 2 weeks ago. My house was trashed for the holiday the installers didn’t cover anything and just chopped tile flying everywhere even to the second level of house. This caused more work for me and no one seems to care at Home Depot. I will never do this again with Home Depot. My baseboards look awful as well they made a mess. I paid a lot of money for the mess.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Purchasing the carpet was a breeze. Knowledgeable, very helpful and friendly associates. After waiting the standard two weeks for an installation appointment setting date we were satisfied about our new carpeting install date as we are on the verge of listing our home for sale and need to COORDINATE interior pictures being done AFTER the new carpet gets installed. So our listing agent set up photography 4 days after the carpet install date.

Well, LESS THAN 24 HOURS before the original carpet install date, the carpet crew called and cancelled for that Friday. Our pictures are scheduled for the following Tuesday. Then he went on to tell my husband what day would be good for them which happened to be the day after our photography is set to be done. We said, "Wait a minute here. We NEED this carpet in a full day before the pictures.. so Monday." He said, "OK we'll be there between 8-10AM."

It's now 12 Noon and after 3 phone calls to the carpet service dept--the carpet crew JUST ARRIVED. My Husband had to call in to his work to tell them he will not be able to come in as he works later this afternoon. When they cancelled they gave us little to no size window to get this in when we would be home and then they come late at that.

No more business with Home Depot. Se are done. This was too close for comfort. Who cancels a home product install less than 24 hours before the set appointment, much less then drags their lazy Behinds to arrive on said make up date???? How can Home Depot fall so low on their standing and name to have this kind of lousy service at the end of a huge in home purchase on the install??? They better do a good job! TERRIBLE.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Home Depot order# **. Parents placed an order in late September to install carpet in the 2nd floor of their home. The carpet was to be installed on 10/08/19, so the weekend prior to the install, we had a "furniture moving party." We were able to move all the furniture out into bathrooms, balconies, laundry room, garage and to the 1st floor. SO furniture everywhere except the 2nd floor! 3rd party installation company shows up and pretty much starts the install as scheduled. Midway through the install, the installers realized they did not have enough carpet to finish the install. They say the Home Depot rep made a mistake on the measurements. They send someone back out in a few days later to remeasure and resubmit the order to complete the install.

2 weeks later, installers show back up with the additional carpet and turns out they ordered the wrong carpet! So they put in the order once again and we wait another 2 weeks. Weeks later from original install date, they show up again and guess what??? Wrong measurements and wrong carpet! Numerous calls and emails with very little response if any. Finally I get a hold of Jan, who is the store manager. She looks into it and figures out all the mistakes that were made. Gives us a few options to "make it right," but at this point and bare floors for 4 weeks we decided to get our money back. No additional compensation was offered for the total fiasco. After taking our sample to another carpet supplier, they had the same exact carpet for .77 cent a sq ft, versus the $2.50 per ft that we paid! So much for the "free install!"

Home Depot Floors Company Information