Find a Flooring partner

Home Depot Floors

3.5/5 (170 ratings)
Find a Flooring partner

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Floors

Find Flooring partners near you

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Floors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Floors?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I went with Home Depot for my carpet installation. Price was great and affordable. They sub-contracted out the workers who did the install. The install went well and was done super quick. Only con was they didn’t install the doorway trim for the door frame where the carpet met the kitchen flooring.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Had one of the worst experiences with a vendor, that I can remember. Went to your flooring dept. at your Poulsbo Washington location. Picked a slate flooring and scheduled install. After waiting 2 months they show up today, pull my carpet, cutting it into pieces, remove it with padding, lay out my slate, call manager, manager comes, installers leave. Evidently they do not like to install flooring on Gyp Crete, which is what I have over my radiant floor heating system. I am sitting in my home with no flooring and no resolution other than, "Oops sorry, we can refund you your money."

Crystal (from flooring) and Shannon (store manager) were absolutely no help. This is how you operate? The measurer came out 2 months ago, measured, pulled a corner of carpet and indicated the subfloor, so what's the problem? Why am I sitting in my home with no flooring and no help!! As my records will show, I have spent $15,000. at Home Depot this year and hundreds of thousands over the past decades. This is completely unacceptable.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Home Depot at City of Commerce is the worst. Don't do business with this company. I was looking to do my floors. They came and gave us an estimate on a Luxury vinyl floor that I like from Home Depot. They came and measured my floor sqft, it took Home Depot 36 hrs to call me back, the next day I decided I was going to go with them since I really liked the floor, I had other options with other companies.

After I did the contract with them, paid the full amount, they call me the next day and told me they couldn't do the area around the fireplace. WTF, really Home Depot? Why couldn't they tell me that when they did the estimate, why wait after we commit and signed the contract and after we paid in full, close to $8,000? I'm really disappointed and very upset. Never doing business with Home Depot again. Very irresponsible and unreliable company. And when I tried to cancel they told me I needed to call a different number. Waste of time and energy dealing with these crooks.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I am going to spare you the gory details and give you an outline of the issues..

1. Installers are continually late for appointment.
      2. Cannot communicate with installers.
      3. Because they are late they will be in your home past 9pm without additional help.
      4. No one will listen to your instructions or concerns.
      5. Stairway carpet will automatically be installed in "waterfall" style even though you showed them and asked them to quote your current style.
      6. Poor workmanship will be hidden.
      7. Installers, GS Flooring will try to smooozze their way out of taking any responsibility.
      8. Carpet shreds were left throughout my hallway, outside sidewalk, and damage was done to our door decor.

If you are reading this, it means you have already experienced a problem or are second guessing your decision...All I can say is trust your gut and run to a reputable flooring company..Not a glorified hardware store!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

American Carpet South installed our carpet for Home Depot. (They are a subcontractor for Home Depot, and then they subcontract to other installers.) We had a total of 8 visits from them to address the poor installation. They even delivered a replacement carpet with a hole in the middle of it. For weeks we had to live with just padding and tack strips while they reordered the carpet. They finally replaced the carpet, but we are back at square one with a poorly done job (poorly done seams and creases in places). One team even stole towels from us, which ACS reimbursed us for. They have lied to us repeatedly throughout the process. All told, the installers burned our carpet all the way through to the pad because they used the iron improperly, damaged walls which had just been painted in our brand new house, piled furniture into closets causing scratches, and broke a lamp. These damages have not been reimbursed.

We did get a partial credit from Home Depot because of the time it took from ordering to the final installation (4 months) and the trouble of being home for so many visits. However, American Carpet South has not reimbursed us for any of the damages. They are stalling and we may end up needing to take action in order to have the lamp replaced and the walls and furniture repaired. Buyer beware!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Home Depot Flooring installation has been epic failure. The installer did not show up after waiting 3 months. I paid in full over 6K upfront. Now, a week overdue and no floors. Disorganized! Terrible service once we discovered installer didn't show up. Home Depot 3rd party install company Superior Installations is incompetent. Do not seem to care or make priority. Never pay in full up front. Go find a good flooring company recommended. It's not worth using Home Depot to save a few bucks. My floors still are not in after 3.5 months. Disaster, headache, stress and now my home sale is at risk. No go Home Depot.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I contracted the installation of hardwood floors with Home Depot end of July. I had been debating working independently or with a major company, and ultimately decided to go to Home Depot because I thought the work would get done in a quality and professional manner. When I purchased my new floors, I was never informed of the situations where the contractors would be unable to install the floors. Home Depot had multiple opportunities to do this: during the initial transaction, when the technician came to measure the rooms, or when the contractors came to begin work this morning.

As a customer, I should be informed of all the variables at play so I can make an informed decision. The contractors came this morning, tore apart half of my carpet, tore flooring in appropriate places, and then said “sorry we can’t do the work, you need to find someone to level the floor”. As a customer that spent 10k, I wish someone from Home Depot would have informed me of issues with installing the floor if the house was not leveled. This is necessary information that Home Depot should bring forward to all their customers. The contractors left my place a mess, and uninhabitable. I contacted the store manager, and the response was unacceptable. I am writing this to give others fair warning. Home Depot is truly a scam.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

My hardwood flooring project began in Feb 2021 when I put down a deposit. Sept 2021 and it still isn't professionally finished to satisfaction. Communication and scheduling with the flooring installation company, ACS, is very poor. I have also contacted HD Corporate. The stress, frustration, disappointment of a 7 months experience cannot be told here! It's a nightmare! I have fully paid for this project but HD should readily refund my money.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

The man and women that came to my home today were excellent to work with! They were quick, clean and very respectful in my home. These two make a great team in getting the job done nicely!!! I would highly recommend the people that came to my home.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Bought carpeting from Home Depot and the installer came. The bedroom closet was not supposed to be carpeted but he went in and did it anyway. Several days later I went to the closet and realized he stole a brand new still in box Fire Stick. I will never do any business with Home Depot again.

Get matched with a Flooring partner near you.

Home Depot Floors Company Information