Home Depot Floors
1.07/5
Based on 53 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a flooring company?

Home Depot Floors

391 Home Depot Floors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

DO NOT GET HOME DEPOT CARPET INSTALLATION! I REPEAT!!! DO NOT GET HOME DEPOT CARPET INSTALLATION! My office is in a building with three other companies. We all split the bill to get a new carpet. The carpet was fine but the installation and the contractors that Home Depot used were the most unprofessional EVER! I can still see bare subflooring and on the other side of the room, the carpet goes halfway up the baseboards. It looks like they did not use sharp tools to cut the carpet. The carpet on the stairs was frayed and falling off before we even walked up the stairs. The paint job, as high as 6 feet up on the wall, was marred and now needs to be repainted. We expected to see marring on the baseboards but it was the WORST craftsmanship I have ever seen.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have canceled my order. After considerable work on selection and timing, I requested a measure appt. and paid my $50, assuming that would be refunded on my order. That's not really a problem, but when I cancelled, I was told they keep my $50. Everything went well with the measurement contractor, with a couple of minor situations about moving things, which was supposed to be included. And additional $237 for labor was added, to my Free installation and removal of old carpet. When my bid report came it contained the following which is copied from the order:

“Lead Paint Test Required in the following rooms: BED 1 (1), BED 2 (2). Note: Homes built prior to 1978 may contain lead paint. Per Federal Law, renovations in any rooms in homes built prior to 1978 that may have 6 sf of paint or stain disturbed must follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination. Before your flooring can be installed, we must have a certified renovator test the affected rooms for lead paint. If the test determines that lead paint is present, you will need to pay an additional amount. Please Note: 9" Tile found in the following rooms: BED 1 (1), BED 2 (2), BED 3 (2). Possible asbestos. Tile and adhesive must be tested and/or removed before installation can proceed. See plan for details. Installer may also require customer to sign a waiver stating that asbestos was properly removed before installation can proceed. Resolution: Please review with Customer.”

Since I'm capable of checking these things out before I set myself to spend several thousand dollars to remove tile that is secure and under carpet, I spoke with a representative at the store. I was told that is standard procedure for homes over 40 years old. I'm fairly certain there is no lead paint in my house and I fail to see how the paint would be disturbed while installing carpet. I also checked with various website including THIS OLD HOUSE and discovered the best way to deal with secure asbestos tile is to cover it up with carpet, tile or laminated wood. Hence my confusion, that a carpet installer would refuse to take out and re-install carpet, when doing so would not disturb the tile.

I'm not sure about the locals in my area who do asbestos removal and abatement, but they might be connected to Home Depot's carpet installer. Just a thought. Most quotes for my three bedrooms would make just the removal $8,000 to $12,000 and there would be additional disposal fees. I can't imagine that anyone would spend that amount of money and have all that asbestos floating about during clean up, in order to lay less than $3,000 worth of carpet and pad. I cancelled the order and will go with the advice of THIS OLD HOUSE. I'm sure I can find an installer who isn't afraid of my old floors. I'm very disappointed in Home Depot and the contractors that they have hired. I'm in a small rural community, but I'm sure I'll be fine without them.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Home Depot needs to get rid of all their vendors and rebuild. Or they are gonna eat ** later!! I ordered some vinyl plank flooring to do a job for one of my clients 3 weeks ago, they told me it will be shipped June 8th to the address I provided to them in two weeks. Waited two weeks for the flooring. No phone call, no products. Call Home Depot back. They told me that it was just an estimated time that it will arrive. Now I'm out of money because the flooring I ordered is not there yet, my clients is on my **, and all they can do is tell me that I can only wait. Can't even get my money back cause these ** wanna eat 15% for stocking fee. I'm basically on the losing end. I know that Home Depot ain't gonna do anything about this cause they eating money from us regardless. This is just like a story for them to read and collect money. Oh!! Yeah and I'm gonna blast these ** out. This is at Inver Grove Heights Home Depot in Minnesota, so don't ever go there.

Original review: June 10, 2018

False advertising flooring installation price. I purchased $940 worth of Aspen Gris 18" x 18" tile for ¢.99 psf because posted on the tile display was a sign that read, "We Install, only ¢.99 psf." There were 3 of these signs on 3 different tile displays. After I purchased the tile I went to schedule the installation and they tell me it is nearly $3 psf. So now I have nearly $1000 of tile I can't afford to have installed.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Dealing with Home Depot, and particularly their installation SUBS, Crew 2, was a NIGHTMARE. They arrived in a rusted old van, loaded with an entire home's worth of carpet and padding, left with a full van of bags of remnants 12 hours later (I was told 7 hours). Removed none of the old carpet, had zero means to remove it. HD brought a Bagster by which I had to load and make arrangements to remove - 5 days later. They didn't clean the floors properly, tried to use old damaged strips, and they played music all day and made ME take the bed apart and move it, though it was just a regular bed.

HD tried to charge me $100 initially, saying it was a special bed, which it wasn't. I complained to HD that they did NOT live up to their contract with me, which clearly, they did not, and they do not care. HD is ALL ABOUT PROFIT, not living up to the contractual agreements and pleasing their customer. Also, there is only one person in all the shifts in the flooring department who knows ANYTHING about the products they sell. Pathetic. I am giving one star for quality and value of the installation service, not the carpet which is a 5.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 4, 2018

Went to Home Depot for carpet, found a still we liked and called for a measure, so far so good. The HD employee told us the installation would be free, and I ask about furniture moving and they said that would also be included. Long story short we wanted new carpet for our bedrooms and when I called to get the quote the lady said there would be a upcharge for moving the beds, if you're installing carpet in a bedroom it’s a good chance there will be a bed in it. So they wanted 200 to move the beds and a 100 for the dresser. What makes things worst is we contacted a painter to repaint these rooms and ask him about moving furniture and he said it’s no charge just part of doing business.

Original review: May 19, 2018

This was the worst experience ever. My poor wife was on the phone with Home Depot installers for literally 10 hours and got nowhere. First they came out and measured our home with wall to wall carpeting in our living room and linoleum flooring in our kitchen. The first quote was like $7k dollars and the place is not even big. We told them forget it and hung up. My wife called back the next day and talked to a nice lady who gave us her name and extension and she said they calculated wrong and it will be $2400 so we said, "Ok that's more like it." But then they forgot the linoleum in the bathroom so she said she would call back. We got another call back from a different person and our small 8X6 size bathroom added $1,000 dollars... what??? They said they will have someone get back to us and they called back with $2700 dollars.

We noticed on the floor plan they emailed us they messed up on the bar area where we wanted linoleum. So they needed now to send someone back to measure because they measured wrong. Someone came out and to make a long story short when they now figured it out it went from $2700 to $5,000 dollars for a stupid bar area with linoleum under the stools which is like 5X7 which we told them and the first guy measure that area already. We called back and asked for that helpful lady we liked and no one had any idea who she was and said that extension did not exist.

My wife was really upset and angry and asked to speak to a manager who was not really helpful. He said, "Let me see what I can do." and called us back and took $1,000 off so now we were at $4k but the bathroom was again left off the estimate. This is crazy! We went to a local carpet guy and he did it all with no hassle for like $2700 dollars and it was done in a few days. Moral of the story: You may think you are saving by these big box stores but you are not and they play games with you. Worst experience ever!

Original review: May 9, 2018

They made me pay for a measurement service for flooring because the store associate told me they could install flooring over my existing tile. It’s been 3 days and I don’t have any information about the flooring. They just keep putting me on hold and provide no timeline or estimate.

Original review: May 6, 2018

If you’re elderly or have parent(s) who are elderly… you need to read this. These are the facts and they’re backed up by pics & docs. My mother (Marie) lives in Sacramento, CA. She is 80 and suffers with cognitive (memory) issues and early on set Dementia. As for me, my name is David, I live in Orange County, CA. On 2/22/18 my step-father passed away from complications of with the flu. The FIRST time I flew up was to deal with step-father body and get my mom’s financial, health and tax affairs in order. The SECOND time I flew up was to deal with getting docs notarized; banks, future bill, utility and death certificate issues that needed to be resolved.

While there on this second trip my mom said, “I really need new carpeting.” So we went to the HOME DEPOT #H0650 in Carmichael, CA. (Sacramento Area). I told her I’d order the carpet she had chosen and I’d have it installed. When I returned home I spoke with HOME DEPOT #H0650 and ordered the carpet online. On 4/12/18 the individual HOME DEPOT hired to measure my mom’s home did his job. The cost to have the rooms measured was ($50.00). The next day I called HOME DEPOT and placed the order. At that time I was informed that the installation would cost me an additional ($700.00) because 7 of the pieces of furniture were wooden, heavy and would require a “special” crew. No problem. I placed the order and paid in full the grand total with my credit card in full. ORDER ID: **. The total for my mom’s small two bedroom/living room/dining room mobile home ($4,193.44 includes the $700.00).

At that time I informed HOME DEPOT and told the gal to make a note regarding my mom’s recent loss and “memory” condition. I told HOME DEPOT I needed to be there to help get things in order. HOME DEPOT instructed me to call back on Thursday, 4/26/18 after 9am to make sure the carpet and padding was received by the INSTALLER. At that time, I’d receive an INSTALL DATE, but not an “install window of TIME,” I was told that would be emailed to me 24 hours prior to the install date, but no later than 3pm on Monday, 4/30/18. At that time though I was told by HOME DEPOT that the install date was set in stone for 5/1/18 and that if I had to make travel plans… everything is locked. THIS IS WHERE IT GETS CRAZY! BOTH HOME DEPOT (#H0650) AND ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS (CA LIC #991987) dropped the ball and acted extremely unprofessional.

MONDAY. Early Monday morning on 4/30/18 I flew up to Sacramento for the third time. My plan was to get there, do what I had to do to get my mom’s new carpet in, put everything back together and then fly home WEDNESDAY afternoon on 5/2/18. My total travel costs were: Air: ($142.96), Airbnb: ($272.53), Rental Car: ($166.69), Uber: To ($19.85) and From ($25.50) Airport, Rental Gas: ($19.00), Food/Expenditures: ($150.00). Monday morning, 4/30/18, I arrived at my mom’s home at 10:30am. I was there prepping the house from 10:30am till late that evening - boxing things up for her scheduled carpet install the next day, Tuesday 5/1/18. Thank God, I took both before and after pictures. (see photos).

On Monday, starting at 3:00pm, I called HOME DEPOT requesting give me an estimated arrival time. HOME DEPOT had no answer for me and said I needed to contact ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS directly. During that day and into the evening I left numerous voice messages and I sent them numerous emails. I never received any response from either party. Everything went unanswered. WHAT’S REALLY IMPORTANT HERE IS THE ”TIME”.

TUESDAY. The next morning, Tuesday, 5/1/18, I got up early 7:00am because I still hadn’t heard from the ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS as promised by them and HOME DEPOT. At my AIRBNB, while getting out of the shower, I received an email at 8:13am from ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS that they would arrive at my mom’s sometime between 12:00pm and 3:00pm that day. (SEE PHOTO)

I returned to my mom’s home on TUESDAY 5/1/18 at 9:30am. Since I completed prepping everything the day before, my goal that morning was to get my mom out of bed, showered, take her two dogs to PETCO on Greenback where I had made an appointment to board them for the day. PETCO: ($136.00). I also needed to (1) move a PRINTER which weighs nothing and is on a cart with wheels. (2) I needed to clean off my mom’s nightstand/dresser where she has her medication. (3) I needed to strip her bed which she literally had just woken up in. (SEE PHOTOS)

IT’S 10:15AM. My mom is out of the shower, dressed. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT. ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS ARRIVES AT THE HOUSE 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES EARLY or 10:15AM. They are a crew of 2. A young man (mid 20s) and a man (65) who the young man identifies as his father. My mom says hello as the two men entered the house and she’s drying her hair with a towel. ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS EMPLOYEES (the young man spoke; I don’t think the older man spoke English). He asked me if it’d be okay if they started early because they completed their previous job early. I told them I didn’t mind but I had to leave for 20 minutes to drop off my mom’s two dogs. And when I returned I’d move the printer, remove the bedding and clean off the nightstand. He said, “NO PROBLEM.” They walked around the house to check things out; then they both went outside.

I load the dogs into my rental car. I then go inside and make sure my mom is okay and tell her I’ll be back in a few minutes. When I go outside THIS IS IMPORTANT, the kid walks up to me with his phone and proceeds to tell me, “ROMANOFF always does this us. I’m on the phone with the main office. I’m trying to get a crew out here to move all the furniture. My dad has a really bad back and he can’t move anything heavy.” I immediately told him to tell them I paid an additional ($700.00) for that service. It’s now 10:30am. They're not suppose to even be there for an hour and a half. The kid assures me he’ll get it figured out. I told him I was going to drop the dogs off and I’d be right back; I drove off.

WHEN I RETURNED THE ROMANOFF INSTALLERS ARE GONE. I went in the house and my mom told me she looked out the window and ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS just drove off and they never came in and spoke to her or told her why. I immediately call ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS and there is no answer. I immediately email them - no response. It’s just a few minutes after 11:00am. Super frustrated. Super angry. I try not to make my mom anxious and tell her there’s no problem, I just need to drive to HOME DEPOT and talk to someone.

On my way to HOME DEPOT I received a phone call from KELLY **, the INSTALL EXPEDITOR at HOME DEPOT in Carmichael, CA. She proceeds to tell me that ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS INSTALLERS told her that they had arrived on time (they were an unannounced 1 hour and 45 minutes early) and that the home wasn’t adequately prepped. I kept my cool and said I’m pulling into her parking lot and I need to speak with her and her store manager immediately regarding this situation.

When I got inside I was escorted back to the office of KELLY ** where we are joined by the HOME DEPOT’S assistant manager NANCY **. I knew I was 110% in the right on every level. With that I asked them to start. KELLY, on her computer, showed my 3 photos (the printer, the unmade bed & the night stand). NANCY then, knowing nothing, proceeds to tell me that I didn’t prep the house. I was so upset… I then proceeded to explain everything I wrote above. I then showed her all the before and after pictures. I then showed her the ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS email stating they’d be there between 12-3PM which they did not know. Both KELLY and NANCY admitted the 2 installers were totally in the wrong.

Tuesday 5/1/18 morning — 11:30AM. I told them, looking at my watch, “It’s 11:30am… ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS isn’t even suppose to be at the house for 30 minutes.” KELLY immediately got on the phone with ROMANOFF and got the run around, run around, run around. I explained that I needed to get back to my mom and her condition. I told her to get this done… or this may become a legal matter. I got both KELLY and NANCY’S #s and emails. KELLY said she would be in touch with me shortly. The entire Tuesday, 5/1/18, I tried to contact ROMANOFF to no avail other than computer generated BS customer services kickbacks (SEE PHOTO). KELLY’S excuse throughout the day was that ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS was too busy and they didn’t have any extra hands.

Eventually, no phone call, ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS contacts me via an email at 5:40PM stating they couldn’t install my mom’s until Saturday, May 5th. I hit the ceiling. I work in the film industry (check IMDB/Google). At that point I felt it was important to contact my attorney and forward him all texts, emails and other forms of communications.

REMEMBER - It’s TUESDAY. I have removed everything from all the rooms and my mom is 80, she has memory issues and television is everything to her. To prep I had to remove all electronics including her DIRECTV. I tried to reconnect her TV but to no avail. I contacted DIRECTV and told them I had an emergency. I explained to them my mom’s condition, my situation and exactly what HOME DEPOT and ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS had done to the both of us. DIRECTV promised me they’d have someone at my mom’s house at 12 noon on Wednesday. I received a call at the airport. DIRECTV was there on time. (SEE PHOTO.)

That night around 8:00pm I received a call from mom… she was crying. She was so upset! Everything in her house was still moved out. She has no TV. Everything is a shambles and nothing is going to change for 3 days or 72+ hours. She doesn’t want the carpet. She wants me to get my money back. I feel sick to my stomach. I call my attorney. I draft an email and send it to KELLY.

WEDNESDAY 5/2/18 MORNING. That morning I go over to my mom’s house. I try to get her situated the best I can. I speak to her neighbors and explain to them exactly what HOME DEPOT AND ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS had done. After my stepdad had past… and because my mom is elderly… I was contact by SACRAMENTO COUNTY ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES. I had spoken to them before regarding Meals On Wheels and other matters. Then because of this situation I felt it was super important to contact them regarding this situation and how HOME DEPOT and ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS treated my mother; they agreed. They felt if I needed to have someone drop by to call them back. They took all the information and said they would be available for my mom. I also told them I would forward them this review upon completion.

After everything was semi-set I headed to the airport. There I get a call from KIP **, Home Depot District Manager. He starts apologizing. Telling me how sorry he is. That somehow HOME DEPOT contracts out to ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS making them sound like they’re local. This is NOT TRUE. They work with HOME DEPOT across the country! ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS is headquartered in ATLANTA, GA., same as HOME DEPOT. KIP agrees after looking over everything there is no reason the job wasn’t performed and that he was sorry. Yada. Yada.

He then tells me DEAN **, SACRAMENTO INSTALLATION MANAGER for ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS would be stopping by my mom’s house later in the day to just make sure they got an adequate number of MOVERS out for the job. We hang up. I’m not happy, but DEAN is gonna go by today and we’re scheduled for SATURDAY. I call my mom and tell her Dean is coming by.

THURSDAY 5/3/18. In the morning from Orange County, I call my mom and ask her how things went with DEAN **. She tells me he never came by, but that he called, quickly and insincerely apologized; and told her they’d get her carpet in and she’d be happy. I LOST IT. I called Kip to read him the riot act. KIP informed me that ROMANOFF would now be installing the carpet on Friday and not on Saturday. I set everything up with her neighbors; put them on alert for Saturday. OH MY GOD!!! I informed KIP that DEAN lied to him and didn’t drive by my mom’s as he had promised KIP and my mom he would. I demanded that DEAN call me. He did. I read him the riot act I told him everything. I demanded he drop by my mom’s house and do as he promised. I demanded an exact time for the install. I demanded to updated regarding their arrival because I needed to get someone to get my mom up, dressed and ready!!!

I asked DEAN why the sudden change on from Saturday to Friday… He responded they couldn’t get anyone to work on Saturday even though they scheduled it. Cinco De Mayo. DEAN also told me (which would become another lie) that he was looking to hire an electronics company to come in and re-set up and connect my mom’s electronics. This didn’t happen!!! KIP ** dropped by my mom’s house and he reconnected all her electronics. My final demand was that both of the original installers be fired!!! This entire situation started with a lie. This young ROMANOFF EMPLOYEE couldn’t do the job! He didn’t want his dad to hurt his back! So he tried to put all the blame on me and my mom… and keep in mind they showed up an hour and 45 minutes early. THIS ALL STARTED BECAUSE OF ONE LIE. BE SURE TO CHECK ALL THE PICS.

FRIDAY 5/4/18. The furniture was moved and the carpet was installed Friday morning at 8:30am. As mentioned KIP reinstalled and connected my mom’s electronics. Then returned the furniture. Is it over… NOPE!!! They put back the furniture and electronics. But the reason why I was there other than to prep for the carpet — I was there to unbox and put everything back. Everything at my mom’s is still in boxes TODAY! She’s very confused and upset. Nothing is where it’s suppose to be. I’ve been telling her to relax and I’ll take care of it and I am. Because of the extreme unprofessionalism of both HOME DEPOT and ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS I have been forced to hire a professional organizer to come into my mom’s home next Monday 5/7/18, Wednesday 5/9/18, Saturday 5/12/18 from 9:00am to 1:00pm at another cost to me for ($65.00 an hour) to help my mom unpack and reorganize her things.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY — I received an email this morning (SEE PHOTO) from DEAN ** stating “I just wanted to check-in to ensure that you would rate your installation experience as a “5 -STAR.” Are you serious!!! I would never recommend ROMANOFF RENOVATIONS or this HOME DEPOT to anyone, EVER! BUYER BEWARE!!! This can’t be allowed to happen again!!!

Original review: May 4, 2018

When I ordered my carpet, it took months and when it finally arrived it was the wrong color. I had moved from out of state and was waiting to move my furniture from the garage until after the installation. So I reluctantly accepted the wrong color and had it installed in the bedrooms. However, I wanted the correct color in my living and insisted they correct that portion of the order. Weeks later I finally received that.

The laminate I was going to have installed was on a special with free installation. The salesperson PUSHED and insisted that I would be much happier with a higher grade of laminate. He then changed my order, but did not mention that the free installation would NOT be included. When it came to finally install the lamination, I was told that my floor was not "level" and I would have to have a new sub-floor installed. (My home is only a few years old and is a well built house, not a modular.) So hundreds of dollars later, a new sub floor was placed over the regular floor.

When the installer finally appeared, he was rude and did not like the fact that I had a couple of Yorkies. He started the job and then did not come back for several days. The company he worked for (Not Home Depot) called to say he would be back the next day and I requested a DIFFERENT person. They agreed but the next day the same person arrived. I tried to explain that I had requested someone else. He said he was the only person available. Reluctantly, as I had waited so long, I allowed him in. He did a horrible job. I now have gaps in my floor, peaks and valleys and it looks awful! I have never seen such a terrible installation. My son went to a different company. He had cheaper laminate installed in his modular home. They said the "new subfloor" is a common "CON-job" the Home Depot pulls. My son's floor was installed in a short time and looks great!

Original review: May 2, 2018

Picked a beautiful vinyl floor product that had a wood look. The sample at Home Depot looked great! Installers called to cancel 10 minutes AFTER they were due to arrive on the scheduled day. Mind you, we had paid a plumber to come remove the toilet for this. Many phone calls later (store, installation company, store manager, regional manager, etc.) they finally agreed to reimburse us for the cost of the plumber to remove and then re-install the toilet and rescheduled the install for 3 weeks later. 3 WEEKS LATER.

On this second scheduled day I again had the plumber come remove the toilet and hoped for the best. Installers actually showed up this time. BUT the product was not what the sample looked like in the store. This wood look floor had white scratch marks all over it... It looked like it had been attacked by a rototiller... I again made the phone calls but seriously I gave up after talking to several idiots at the store and regional level. They just played dumb, even though I sent them photos of the sample versus the floor in my bathroom. NEVER FREAKING AGAIN... Peace out Home Depot - YOU SUCK beyond belief and I hope enough people realize this and your corporation goes out of business.

Original review: April 19, 2018

On or about Mar 27th 2018, I purchased some hardwood flooring at Home Depot in Ofallon IL that totalled 19 cents... A penny each box (18 boxes) plus tax. I paid for the items and was about to load items into my vehicle. 4 to 5 employees ran to stop us as if we stole something, saying that they could not sell us those items for a penny. (Mind you the items have already been purchased.) People at the store was looking at us, and thus was very embarrassing! I told them that I purchased my items and had my receipt in my hand. They wanted me to give them my receipt to do a return and I told them no because I wasn't willing to do a return. (Not my fault they put the wrong price on there.)

They took my items... I called corporate several times only to have them tell me someone will be calling me back. After 2 weeks no one called me, so I called again and was told the district manager in at the location I purchased will make a decision. He told me he will not be returning my items and could give me a return. NOT RIGHT NOR FAIR.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Horrible. Home Depot contracts JW and both are incompetent. They get incompetent workers who can't get it done right. Many mistakes. Tiles got scratched and left dirty and grout stuck on. Tiles were installed uneven. HD and JW argued and argued and wasted months to get it fixed. Home Depot took a long time to reorder materials. JW then sent the same guy to fix.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Laminate floor purchase and installation: I asked a lot of questions before making my purchase. Nearly all the answers were wrong. I was told it would take 3 weeks to finish and it is 5 weeks and I have no furniture and concrete loose grout floors and installers just left and told me the floor needs grinding and they didn't want to do it. I waited 2 1/2 weeks and 1 cancellation on their part and still nothing. Flooring was a week late, Home Depot didn't deliver but they hired trucking company who damaged my sidewalk, HD told me they would put plastic up to block my open kitchen and they didn't. I have dust in my appliances, loose tile and grout on my floor and no installation date and company coming next week.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We contracted Home Depot to install laminate flooring in our kitchen and dining room. The contracted company that came out to measure did a good job with the actual room sizes, but they did nothing to determine if the floor was within "specs" for the installers. Our home is located on the bay and subsequently on piers as most houses in our area are. So sometimes you will have floors that are not level like a concrete slab. He made no note of that. The product was ordered and the first delivery did not bring out all the materials for the job. The second delivery to complete the order was the wrong product. It took 3 deliveries to get everything together that had to be acclimated to our home before it could be installed.

The delivery man could not bring the laminate upstairs into the house as they are not allowed. So I had to carry 15 boxes of laminate flooring up 12 feet to our house as my husband has a recent back injury. This could have been a question asked at the store at the time of the request for measurement. When the measurement was done and the materials were delivered, a month later, the installers arrived only to announce that my kitchen floor was out of "specs" and they stopped the job and would not install the laminate. They also advised we would be charged an additional $100 since they had to make a trip and not do the installation.

What? You already charged me $481 for the installation and now I have to pay an additional $100 just because you could not install? They advised they would refund the installation - the $100 charge. UNACCEPTABLE. This should have been determined at the time of measurement. The metal piece that the installers used to lay on the floor and determine it was out of spec should be carried by the person doing the measuring. He could have told us a month ago it was a no go or at least make us aware of the issue. This was a terrible experience all around. I would not use Home Depot's installers in the Baytown, Texas area again.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I purchased a hardwood floor from Home Depot in 2016. It was Bruce Flooring. I had the same flooring in my kitchen, for over 12 years and it was incredible. Decided to continue with the same floor throughout the house because of my experience with that particular floor in my kitchen. The installation was okay but after less than 2 weeks I notice deep scratches in the clear coating that appear to be very soft that I could take my fingernail and scratch it very easily and very deep in the soft clear coating. One Home Depot manager was at my house within that two-week. And I filed a complaint.

Because of the extreme turnover with employees, it took over a year and a half before they addressed it, they had many samples and either they said they don't have them or Bruce Flooring would not return them. They do not stand behind their product. I would never pay over $8,000 for a floor that was not durable enough for my home. The reason I chose this particular one because I had the same exact flooring and color. The company just kept pushing it aside. I wants to offer me a $200 gift card. It would take over $4,000 to resurface this floor and it's over a thousand square feet.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Purchased a laminate floor from Home Depot in Calumet City. Normally I would install myself, did my whole first floor with laminate, but knee problem won't allow it. Simple bedroom no complex cuts involved. Installers came in and told me floor is uneven and is moving by my window, yes moving. One installer jumped up and down and said the creaking was because the floor moves. Said they couldn't install floor and left. Home Depot was going to call with a solution, never happened. Returned floor to HD. Called a flooring store and he came out and they will be installing my floor Monday. Nothing wrong with my subfloor. Plus I got my money back, all except 40 dollars, that the installers kept because they made a trip to my house. STAY AWAY FROM G S FLOORING AND HOME DEPOT UNLESS YOU INSTALL YOURSELF. I got to catch my "MOVING" floor again.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Installation was delayed two weeks from initial install date. Home Depot failed to ship carpet on time so I got bumped. When carpet arrived in Portland I still had to wait one week. No priority was given. In fact I was given two stories regarding when the carpet arrived. I would advise against having them do installations. I’ve decided to completely avoid Home Depot.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I don’t even know where to begin. It’s been months trying to get this job complete. The plan was to have install done in 2 days due to the amount of furniture we had to move and work around. It’s been 6 months since beginning our project. Company did not send enough people to finish job within 2 days, did not cut flooring correctly, does not line up with walls, did not install quarter round in half the kitchen, used CHAIR RAIL which was for baby room on floor in kitchen, have been stood up 4 times at this point. Still waiting to hear back from Home Depot and ACS on how we are going to get this resolved. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work with them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have a kitchen that I want hardwood flooring installed. I scheduled an appointment on 2/6/18 to meet with an in-store flooring specialist. Jeremy was extremely helpful and got an in-home estimate setup and scheduled for 2/21/18. He eluded to a potential sales pitch call a couple days after the measurement was taken. I thought nothing of it. The contractor/specialist arrived on 2/21 at 10 AM and took the measurements and was gone in less than 15 minutes. He had me to verify my email address before leaving. He stated the quote should be ready in 48 business hours and then it would be emailed to me. On 2/28 (a little more than 48 business hours) I received an email that my quote was ready and they would call ** number to discuss. The phone number was my work number which wasn't practical to discuss such an item. I originally provided it online when I setup the in-store appointment to discuss and schedule the measurement.

I called the 877-494-0448 number they provided. I spoke to a rather curt and dominating lady that was obviously all too familiar with the game of pressure sales. I told her I provided and verified my email address and would like to have the quote email to me to review. If I had any questions, I would call them -or- take to the store and discuss, as Jeremy kindly offered to do, if it was more convenient for me. The sales person didn't take too kindly to my request and stated they needed to go over the quote on the phone before they would release the quote. After a couple minutes of "debate", I stated I would not discuss the quote until I had it in front of me. Else, I would abandon the quote and go elsewhere to have my project completed. I was quickly advised that I paid $36.00 for the quote and that could not be refunded. $36 is money, but when it comes to meeting deadlines and getting a project completed, I'll take the hit and move on.

I called the Home Depot store, where I originally began. Jeremy wasn't available; however, a counterpart associate in flooring advised me, the only way to get the quote is to go through the contractor group and play by their rules - a sales pitch. So, there's where I'm at, almost a month out. Home Depot has greatly disappointed me in this card-trick of a sale. I like businesses that are "upfront" with you and don't play games to win a few extra bucks. That's the quickest way to lose my trust. I may have lost $36 and a trip to my local Home Depot store, but they lost a contract, the flooring sale, as well as another major upcoming project I have laid out. I just don't understand the mentality of businesses like this.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I had a quote done to carpet my upstairs at the end of 2015. We were not ready to complete at that time so I asked how long the quote would be good for. I was told that the measurements would not expire, and only the cost of carpet could change. I went back to the store last week to finalize the purchase. Both associates said they would honor the old quote.

When they looked and saw it was 2015 they said we have better deals now with the "free install" so you will want to get it remeasured, and it should be cheaper than before. They came out remeasured and gave me my new quote...it was $1400 more! I understand the carpet and the pad price had gone up, but that would only be about a $400 difference. They add in additional hidden charges and overestimated the sq. Ft needed (300 more sq ft than last time and my house did not grow!) to offset their supposed "free installation". I will not do anymore business with the Home Depot due to their dishonest practices.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Be sure to choose your carpet very carefully!! Or go with a different company altogether- we have learned the hard way. Our carpet has been replaced 2 x in 3 years and needs replaced again already. The installers are saying they cannot do anything to correct it. Home Depot is now saying we have to have this carpet cleaned professionally before they will even have anyone review it. The carpet has already been replaced twice before. It’s not even 2 years old. This is beyond frustrating. Beware!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

2 years ago I bought my first home and tore out the old flooring. In shopping around I settled on Home Depot's Home Decorators Collection wood laminate flooring with the free installation since I needed over 1,000 square feet of flooring. I should have known then this was too good to be true. The flooring would have been beautiful if it wasn't glorified cardboard. First the installation company didn't install the hallway properly so the panels floated apart. They had to come back twice to fix it the right way and it still isn't 100% correct. In having them come back multiple times I noted the bubbling I was seeing in various places around the house. The guy said it is water damage and I would have to pay to have it torn out and replaced.

I called the manufacturer on the box to file a complaint about the warping and lo and behold I get Home Depot's customer service department and they send me back to the store and the installation guy is back at my house again. This time I have bubbling in every room of my house and his claim is still water damage. I have no leaks in my ceiling so I would like to know where this water is coming from in every room of my 1,200 sq foot house? I use a Swiffer Wet Jet as was suggested to me. My floors have never seen a mop or a steam cleaner. The store now says I have to pay to tear it up and replace it.

They manufacture cardboard, say it is heavy duty and can be installed in any room at any humidity level yet they won't stand by and repair or replace it. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy laminate flooring from Home Depot. They don't stand by their own product. Too I wrote a review on their website a couple weeks ago, today I check and my flooring is now discontinued. What a joke.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased carpet 9/2017 with installation within 3 weeks. There was no attempt to make this commitment. The installers were a 5 week lead time alone after purchasing carpet. When that appointment became impossible to keep (I was across the country) for my family we were told another 3 weeks, We had to use another company to meet a hard deadline 12/1/18. I could not get ahold of any management at the store for 3 weeks straight. I cancelled the payment with my credit card company and all was good until 1/2/18. I was sent a certified letter notifying me I owe Home Depot for the carpet. I called and lo and behold got a manager, he told me "PAY OR WE WILL SEND YOU TO COLLECTIONS! SIMPLE AS THAT!" The worst experience I have ever had with a company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Had 3 different confirmed appointments to install. Never showed for any. USIG is installer, Home Depot ended up having to hire a different company to install. Don't understand why a reputable company like Home Depot would use such a terrible company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

In November 2017 I bought and paid IN FULL to have new carpet in 4 rooms and hardwood floor throughout the rest of my 2 story home, long story short I'm still waiting for it to be installed! It's been a MONTH! Every time we call the store or show up there in GILROY CA all we get is the runaround or more excuses as why it's not yet!!! I'm out well over 5,000.00 and now getting a refund is turning into a nightmare! DON'T GO TO HOME DEPOT. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND USE A FLOORING BUSINESS.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

If I could give negative stars, I would. I only leave one since I can't leave zero or less. This is an ongoing situation, but after having the folks at the Depot do measurements and figure out a quote, it took weeks to finally get a hold of US Installation Group (USIG) after receiving materials just to schedule the job. Then, after being assured of having a 2-man crew to remove existing tile, paying for subfloor and moving of appliances, the ONE "tech" they sent: a Mr JOSE ** (totally unprofessional; also said it was his last day with USIG and was going to work with Bath Fitters after), made an incorrect judgement call saying he couldn't do the job since he didn't know what the subfloor was, tile was under the cabinets, and the appliances were in the way. He simply left without a further word. Mind you, I paid for the possibility of subfloor replacement as I know what was existing (I installed the tile over new plywood and no, not under the cabinets).

Now I'm left with unhappy tenants, blew a whole day, and have flooring sitting around that is yet to be installed. On top of that, it seems like they now want to charge me extra for the inconvenience of USIG screwing this job up completely. USIG has no idea how to run a business and does not care about the job they are hired and paid to do. DO NOT USE HOME DEPT FOR ANY INSTALLATIONS WHERE USIG IS THE CONTRACTOR. While my issue and following ratings are for USIG, the folks at Home Depot have actually been helpful and I am working closely with them to resolve this issue. However, it is unfortunate to pay this amount of money for a job that is now on hold due mainly to a useless and unprofessional USIG technician. If Home Depot provides a suitable discount for the above inconvenience, or otherwise takes care of this situation, I will update my review accordingly.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Signed when they were done. Didn't know I needed to crawl around on floor to check cuts. Well see pics. Do not EVER use Home Depot for vinyl flooring. There are slices EVERYWHERE and they did not undercut any door trim, tears in vinyl that they glued. I swear I could have done same thing myself having never installed before.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Purchased flooring from Home Depot on September 30 and contracted to have it installed in my home. A new propane stove was being installed after the floor install. It took weeks to get the floor delivered and more weeks to have an install appointment by US Installation Group, the installers that Home Depot uses. The floor to be installed was approximately 400 square feet, a sizeable room. The two installers showed up at 3 pm on November 16, obviously not wanting to do the job, which would have taken hours and would have gone late into the evening. After some muttering between them, the installers pulled out a few floorboards and proceeded to tell me that there was something wrong with our flooring, that the flooring didn't match properly. They said other customers had had problems with the floor we chose.

We called Home Depot but couldn't find anyone to answer our questions about the flooring. Unsure of what to do in this situation, we told them to leave at around 4. They looked relieved. When I called the installation company and explained that I needed to talk to Home Depot before the install, they said they would have to reschedule, which would take more weeks. The next morning we finally spoke to the Home Depot flooring department, who explained why the floor looked the way it did. We realized that we had probably been set up by the installation guys so that they could go home early. Home Depot promised to talk to the installer, and have the floor installed promptly. The installation manager at US Installation was supposed to call, but never responded to me.

I ended up having the propane stove installed as contracted on the old floor on November 21 as it is now sold out, with the new floor sitting in a pile in the room. I contracted another installer, and I am still waiting for my floor to be installed. The stove will have to be removed and reinstalled at a cost of several hundred dollars, probably in January. Sadly, this is not even the only botched installation experience I have had with Home Depot. Moral of the story: buy nails and paint from Home Depot if you want, but go to a flooring or appliance or kitchen or bath store to have something done competently. The only good news was that we got a prompt refund of installation cost, something they probably do a lot.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On August 18, 2017 we purchased carpeting with free installation from Home Depot for our condominium at Donner Lake, from very personable and helpful salespeople in the flooring department at the West Reno store. Their local measurement specialist was also very competent and helpful. When you buy with free installation, you pay upfront for everything. (We will never do this again and believe we have no recourse or leverage with Home Depot or their floor installing contractor.) Customer service at the Reno store has been disappointing, and the general contractor Romanoff and the local subcontractors has been unreliable and unacceptable.

We bought the carpet with a special of free installation if we paid in full by a certain date. We requested delayed installation as other home projects would not be completed until October and that we would schedule a firm date with the schedulers at that time. We scheduled installation in October with Romanoff for November 14. We were orchestrating completion of home projects, disposal of old furniture, clearing floor space for carpet installation before Thanksgiving dinner and invited guests arrived.

My husband called the Install scheduler a few days before November 14 to confirm installation. We had already deconstructed our condo disassembling beds, unloading closets into spaces that won't be touched by carpet installers, unplugging and storing all electronics, glass tables, etc. (Two of the three bathrooms are packed with stuff to clear floor space for carpet layers and are unusable). Yes, we were on their schedule for November 14. A few hours later, we receive a call from the local subcontractor who tells us they lay the carpet on November 14. What?! Why not? The reply was, they just don't have the local manpower, and the soonest they can get this done is after Thanksgiving. This isn't a good excuse when we made these arrangements with Home Depot three months ago and with the contractor's installer scheduler in early-mid October and now our condo is currently not habitable, and we are expecting Thanksgiving guests.

We ask to speak with the contract manager. He is really sorry. Sorry is not acceptable, we want that carpet installed before Thanksgiving. He tentatively sets November 21 as the best he can do. He will check with installers up and down the west coast and see if he can get someone to install sooner and will get back to us. We don't hear from him again about a schedule change.

We call Home Depot (HD) in Reno, (immediately after our talk with the Romanoff flooring install manager) where we purchased the carpet. After several internal HD transfers, we get connected to Customer Service. We get "Theresa's" voicemail; we tell her about our dilemma and ask her to call us asap. We don't hear back from her for a couple of days. She seems nice enough when she returns our call. We explained what was happening (or more precisely what was not happening) and how disappointed we are in Home Depot and Romanoff service. She said she will call them and see what she can do and will call us back. We have not heard from her again since the call.

NO RECOURSE. We are paid in full to get the free installation. We cannot live in our condo and now must wait until November 21. We will have to stay up most of the night on November 21 after the carpet is installed to get our place back in order, as we have long-term commitments on November 22 that will take us out of the area. We will return Thanksgiving morning to start cooking.

We get an automated telephone confirmation November 20 that the installers will be coming between 9:00 and noon. November 21. My husband calls them at noon to inquire where they are? We get a call back a few hours later around 2:30. Their morning job took longer than they planned. The manager is so sorry! Really? Not nearly as sorry as we are! But he says, they could come November 22, or after on Friday after Thanksgiving. My husband and I decide to just have them come the Friday after Thanksgiving, and call install manager back and get a voicemail. We tell them to come on Friday. We have not received a call back as yet, so not sure if we are confirmed or not.

We cancel Thanksgiving at our house and inform our guests. We have NO CONFIDENCE that the installers will show up the Friday after Thanksgiving either or I would just reschedule Thanksgiving on Sunday, but I don't want to take the chance. Long story short- Dont use Home Depot for your flooring and installation. Disappointed and angry.

Home Depot Floors Company Information