Home Depot Floors
1.06/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a flooring company?

Home Depot Floors

Last updated: April 19, 2018

380 Home Depot Floors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 19, 2018

On or about Mar 27th 2018, I purchased some hardwood flooring at Home Depot in Ofallon IL that totalled 19 cents... A penny each box (18 boxes) plus tax. I paid for the items and was about to load items into my vehicle. 4 to 5 employees ran to stop us as if we stole something, saying that they could not sell us those items for a penny. (Mind you the items have already been purchased.) People at the store was looking at us, and thus was very embarrassing! I told them that I purchased my items and had my receipt in my hand. They wanted me to give them my receipt to do a return and I told them no because I wasn't willing to do a return. (Not my fault they put the wrong price on there.)

They took my items... I called corporate several times only to have them tell me someone will be calling me back. After 2 weeks no one called me, so I called again and was told the district manager in at the location I purchased will make a decision. He told me he will not be returning my items and could give me a return. NOT RIGHT NOR FAIR.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Horrible. Home Depot contracts JW and both are incompetent. They get incompetent workers who can't get it done right. Many mistakes. Tiles got scratched and left dirty and grout stuck on. Tiles were installed uneven. HD and JW argued and argued and wasted months to get it fixed. Home Depot took a long time to reorder materials. JW then sent the same guy to fix.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Laminate floor purchase and installation: I asked a lot of questions before making my purchase. Nearly all the answers were wrong. I was told it would take 3 weeks to finish and it is 5 weeks and I have no furniture and concrete loose grout floors and installers just left and told me the floor needs grinding and they didn't want to do it. I waited 2 1/2 weeks and 1 cancellation on their part and still nothing. Flooring was a week late, Home Depot didn't deliver but they hired trucking company who damaged my sidewalk, HD told me they would put plastic up to block my open kitchen and they didn't. I have dust in my appliances, loose tile and grout on my floor and no installation date and company coming next week.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We contracted Home Depot to install laminate flooring in our kitchen and dining room. The contracted company that came out to measure did a good job with the actual room sizes, but they did nothing to determine if the floor was within "specs" for the installers. Our home is located on the bay and subsequently on piers as most houses in our area are. So sometimes you will have floors that are not level like a concrete slab. He made no note of that. The product was ordered and the first delivery did not bring out all the materials for the job. The second delivery to complete the order was the wrong product. It took 3 deliveries to get everything together that had to be acclimated to our home before it could be installed.

The delivery man could not bring the laminate upstairs into the house as they are not allowed. So I had to carry 15 boxes of laminate flooring up 12 feet to our house as my husband has a recent back injury. This could have been a question asked at the store at the time of the request for measurement. When the measurement was done and the materials were delivered, a month later, the installers arrived only to announce that my kitchen floor was out of "specs" and they stopped the job and would not install the laminate. They also advised we would be charged an additional $100 since they had to make a trip and not do the installation.

What? You already charged me $481 for the installation and now I have to pay an additional $100 just because you could not install? They advised they would refund the installation - the $100 charge. UNACCEPTABLE. This should have been determined at the time of measurement. The metal piece that the installers used to lay on the floor and determine it was out of spec should be carried by the person doing the measuring. He could have told us a month ago it was a no go or at least make us aware of the issue. This was a terrible experience all around. I would not use Home Depot's installers in the Baytown, Texas area again.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I purchased a hardwood floor from Home Depot in 2016. It was Bruce Flooring. I had the same flooring in my kitchen, for over 12 years and it was incredible. Decided to continue with the same floor throughout the house because of my experience with that particular floor in my kitchen. The installation was okay but after less than 2 weeks I notice deep scratches in the clear coating that appear to be very soft that I could take my fingernail and scratch it very easily and very deep in the soft clear coating. One Home Depot manager was at my house within that two-week. And I filed a complaint.

Because of the extreme turnover with employees, it took over a year and a half before they addressed it, they had many samples and either they said they don't have them or Bruce Flooring would not return them. They do not stand behind their product. I would never pay over $8,000 for a floor that was not durable enough for my home. The reason I chose this particular one because I had the same exact flooring and color. The company just kept pushing it aside. I wants to offer me a $200 gift card. It would take over $4,000 to resurface this floor and it's over a thousand square feet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: March 21, 2018

Purchased a laminate floor from Home Depot in Calumet City. Normally I would install myself, did my whole first floor with laminate, but knee problem won't allow it. Simple bedroom no complex cuts involved. Installers came in and told me floor is uneven and is moving by my window, yes moving. One installer jumped up and down and said the creaking was because the floor moves. Said they couldn't install floor and left. Home Depot was going to call with a solution, never happened. Returned floor to HD. Called a flooring store and he came out and they will be installing my floor Monday. Nothing wrong with my subfloor. Plus I got my money back, all except 40 dollars, that the installers kept because they made a trip to my house. STAY AWAY FROM G S FLOORING AND HOME DEPOT UNLESS YOU INSTALL YOURSELF. I got to catch my "MOVING" floor again.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Installation was delayed two weeks from initial install date. Home Depot failed to ship carpet on time so I got bumped. When carpet arrived in Portland I still had to wait one week. No priority was given. In fact I was given two stories regarding when the carpet arrived. I would advise against having them do installations. I’ve decided to completely avoid Home Depot.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I don’t even know where to begin. It’s been months trying to get this job complete. The plan was to have install done in 2 days due to the amount of furniture we had to move and work around. It’s been 6 months since beginning our project. Company did not send enough people to finish job within 2 days, did not cut flooring correctly, does not line up with walls, did not install quarter round in half the kitchen, used CHAIR RAIL which was for baby room on floor in kitchen, have been stood up 4 times at this point. Still waiting to hear back from Home Depot and ACS on how we are going to get this resolved. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work with them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I have a kitchen that I want hardwood flooring installed. I scheduled an appointment on 2/6/18 to meet with an in-store flooring specialist. Jeremy was extremely helpful and got an in-home estimate setup and scheduled for 2/21/18. He eluded to a potential sales pitch call a couple days after the measurement was taken. I thought nothing of it. The contractor/specialist arrived on 2/21 at 10 AM and took the measurements and was gone in less than 15 minutes. He had me to verify my email address before leaving. He stated the quote should be ready in 48 business hours and then it would be emailed to me. On 2/28 (a little more than 48 business hours) I received an email that my quote was ready and they would call ** number to discuss. The phone number was my work number which wasn't practical to discuss such an item. I originally provided it online when I setup the in-store appointment to discuss and schedule the measurement.

I called the 877-494-0448 number they provided. I spoke to a rather curt and dominating lady that was obviously all too familiar with the game of pressure sales. I told her I provided and verified my email address and would like to have the quote email to me to review. If I had any questions, I would call them -or- take to the store and discuss, as Jeremy kindly offered to do, if it was more convenient for me. The sales person didn't take too kindly to my request and stated they needed to go over the quote on the phone before they would release the quote. After a couple minutes of "debate", I stated I would not discuss the quote until I had it in front of me. Else, I would abandon the quote and go elsewhere to have my project completed. I was quickly advised that I paid $36.00 for the quote and that could not be refunded. $36 is money, but when it comes to meeting deadlines and getting a project completed, I'll take the hit and move on.

I called the Home Depot store, where I originally began. Jeremy wasn't available; however, a counterpart associate in flooring advised me, the only way to get the quote is to go through the contractor group and play by their rules - a sales pitch. So, there's where I'm at, almost a month out. Home Depot has greatly disappointed me in this card-trick of a sale. I like businesses that are "upfront" with you and don't play games to win a few extra bucks. That's the quickest way to lose my trust. I may have lost $36 and a trip to my local Home Depot store, but they lost a contract, the flooring sale, as well as another major upcoming project I have laid out. I just don't understand the mentality of businesses like this.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I had a quote done to carpet my upstairs at the end of 2015. We were not ready to complete at that time so I asked how long the quote would be good for. I was told that the measurements would not expire, and only the cost of carpet could change. I went back to the store last week to finalize the purchase. Both associates said they would honor the old quote.

When they looked and saw it was 2015 they said we have better deals now with the "free install" so you will want to get it remeasured, and it should be cheaper than before. They came out remeasured and gave me my new quote...it was $1400 more! I understand the carpet and the pad price had gone up, but that would only be about a $400 difference. They add in additional hidden charges and overestimated the sq. Ft needed (300 more sq ft than last time and my house did not grow!) to offset their supposed "free installation". I will not do anymore business with the Home Depot due to their dishonest practices.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Be sure to choose your carpet very carefully!! Or go with a different company altogether- we have learned the hard way. Our carpet has been replaced 2 x in 3 years and needs replaced again already. The installers are saying they cannot do anything to correct it. Home Depot is now saying we have to have this carpet cleaned professionally before they will even have anyone review it. The carpet has already been replaced twice before. It’s not even 2 years old. This is beyond frustrating. Beware!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

2 years ago I bought my first home and tore out the old flooring. In shopping around I settled on Home Depot's Home Decorators Collection wood laminate flooring with the free installation since I needed over 1,000 square feet of flooring. I should have known then this was too good to be true. The flooring would have been beautiful if it wasn't glorified cardboard. First the installation company didn't install the hallway properly so the panels floated apart. They had to come back twice to fix it the right way and it still isn't 100% correct. In having them come back multiple times I noted the bubbling I was seeing in various places around the house. The guy said it is water damage and I would have to pay to have it torn out and replaced.

I called the manufacturer on the box to file a complaint about the warping and lo and behold I get Home Depot's customer service department and they send me back to the store and the installation guy is back at my house again. This time I have bubbling in every room of my house and his claim is still water damage. I have no leaks in my ceiling so I would like to know where this water is coming from in every room of my 1,200 sq foot house? I use a Swiffer Wet Jet as was suggested to me. My floors have never seen a mop or a steam cleaner. The store now says I have to pay to tear it up and replace it.

They manufacture cardboard, say it is heavy duty and can be installed in any room at any humidity level yet they won't stand by and repair or replace it. Whatever you do, DO NOT buy laminate flooring from Home Depot. They don't stand by their own product. Too I wrote a review on their website a couple weeks ago, today I check and my flooring is now discontinued. What a joke.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I purchased carpet 9/2017 with installation within 3 weeks. There was no attempt to make this commitment. The installers were a 5 week lead time alone after purchasing carpet. When that appointment became impossible to keep (I was across the country) for my family we were told another 3 weeks, We had to use another company to meet a hard deadline 12/1/18. I could not get ahold of any management at the store for 3 weeks straight. I cancelled the payment with my credit card company and all was good until 1/2/18. I was sent a certified letter notifying me I owe Home Depot for the carpet. I called and lo and behold got a manager, he told me "PAY OR WE WILL SEND YOU TO COLLECTIONS! SIMPLE AS THAT!" The worst experience I have ever had with a company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Had 3 different confirmed appointments to install. Never showed for any. USIG is installer, Home Depot ended up having to hire a different company to install. Don't understand why a reputable company like Home Depot would use such a terrible company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

In November 2017 I bought and paid IN FULL to have new carpet in 4 rooms and hardwood floor throughout the rest of my 2 story home, long story short I'm still waiting for it to be installed! It's been a MONTH! Every time we call the store or show up there in GILROY CA all we get is the runaround or more excuses as why it's not yet!!! I'm out well over 5,000.00 and now getting a refund is turning into a nightmare! DON'T GO TO HOME DEPOT. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND USE A FLOORING BUSINESS.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

If I could give negative stars, I would. I only leave one since I can't leave zero or less. This is an ongoing situation, but after having the folks at the Depot do measurements and figure out a quote, it took weeks to finally get a hold of US Installation Group (USIG) after receiving materials just to schedule the job. Then, after being assured of having a 2-man crew to remove existing tile, paying for subfloor and moving of appliances, the ONE "tech" they sent: a Mr JOSE ** (totally unprofessional; also said it was his last day with USIG and was going to work with Bath Fitters after), made an incorrect judgement call saying he couldn't do the job since he didn't know what the subfloor was, tile was under the cabinets, and the appliances were in the way. He simply left without a further word. Mind you, I paid for the possibility of subfloor replacement as I know what was existing (I installed the tile over new plywood and no, not under the cabinets).

Now I'm left with unhappy tenants, blew a whole day, and have flooring sitting around that is yet to be installed. On top of that, it seems like they now want to charge me extra for the inconvenience of USIG screwing this job up completely. USIG has no idea how to run a business and does not care about the job they are hired and paid to do. DO NOT USE HOME DEPT FOR ANY INSTALLATIONS WHERE USIG IS THE CONTRACTOR. While my issue and following ratings are for USIG, the folks at Home Depot have actually been helpful and I am working closely with them to resolve this issue. However, it is unfortunate to pay this amount of money for a job that is now on hold due mainly to a useless and unprofessional USIG technician. If Home Depot provides a suitable discount for the above inconvenience, or otherwise takes care of this situation, I will update my review accordingly.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Signed when they were done. Didn't know I needed to crawl around on floor to check cuts. Well see pics. Do not EVER use Home Depot for vinyl flooring. There are slices EVERYWHERE and they did not undercut any door trim, tears in vinyl that they glued. I swear I could have done same thing myself having never installed before.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Purchased flooring from Home Depot on September 30 and contracted to have it installed in my home. A new propane stove was being installed after the floor install. It took weeks to get the floor delivered and more weeks to have an install appointment by US Installation Group, the installers that Home Depot uses. The floor to be installed was approximately 400 square feet, a sizeable room. The two installers showed up at 3 pm on November 16, obviously not wanting to do the job, which would have taken hours and would have gone late into the evening. After some muttering between them, the installers pulled out a few floorboards and proceeded to tell me that there was something wrong with our flooring, that the flooring didn't match properly. They said other customers had had problems with the floor we chose.

We called Home Depot but couldn't find anyone to answer our questions about the flooring. Unsure of what to do in this situation, we told them to leave at around 4. They looked relieved. When I called the installation company and explained that I needed to talk to Home Depot before the install, they said they would have to reschedule, which would take more weeks. The next morning we finally spoke to the Home Depot flooring department, who explained why the floor looked the way it did. We realized that we had probably been set up by the installation guys so that they could go home early. Home Depot promised to talk to the installer, and have the floor installed promptly. The installation manager at US Installation was supposed to call, but never responded to me.

I ended up having the propane stove installed as contracted on the old floor on November 21 as it is now sold out, with the new floor sitting in a pile in the room. I contracted another installer, and I am still waiting for my floor to be installed. The stove will have to be removed and reinstalled at a cost of several hundred dollars, probably in January. Sadly, this is not even the only botched installation experience I have had with Home Depot. Moral of the story: buy nails and paint from Home Depot if you want, but go to a flooring or appliance or kitchen or bath store to have something done competently. The only good news was that we got a prompt refund of installation cost, something they probably do a lot.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On August 18, 2017 we purchased carpeting with free installation from Home Depot for our condominium at Donner Lake, from very personable and helpful salespeople in the flooring department at the West Reno store. Their local measurement specialist was also very competent and helpful. When you buy with free installation, you pay upfront for everything. (We will never do this again and believe we have no recourse or leverage with Home Depot or their floor installing contractor.) Customer service at the Reno store has been disappointing, and the general contractor Romanoff and the local subcontractors has been unreliable and unacceptable.

We bought the carpet with a special of free installation if we paid in full by a certain date. We requested delayed installation as other home projects would not be completed until October and that we would schedule a firm date with the schedulers at that time. We scheduled installation in October with Romanoff for November 14. We were orchestrating completion of home projects, disposal of old furniture, clearing floor space for carpet installation before Thanksgiving dinner and invited guests arrived.

My husband called the Install scheduler a few days before November 14 to confirm installation. We had already deconstructed our condo disassembling beds, unloading closets into spaces that won't be touched by carpet installers, unplugging and storing all electronics, glass tables, etc. (Two of the three bathrooms are packed with stuff to clear floor space for carpet layers and are unusable). Yes, we were on their schedule for November 14. A few hours later, we receive a call from the local subcontractor who tells us they lay the carpet on November 14. What?! Why not? The reply was, they just don't have the local manpower, and the soonest they can get this done is after Thanksgiving. This isn't a good excuse when we made these arrangements with Home Depot three months ago and with the contractor's installer scheduler in early-mid October and now our condo is currently not habitable, and we are expecting Thanksgiving guests.

We ask to speak with the contract manager. He is really sorry. Sorry is not acceptable, we want that carpet installed before Thanksgiving. He tentatively sets November 21 as the best he can do. He will check with installers up and down the west coast and see if he can get someone to install sooner and will get back to us. We don't hear from him again about a schedule change.

We call Home Depot (HD) in Reno, (immediately after our talk with the Romanoff flooring install manager) where we purchased the carpet. After several internal HD transfers, we get connected to Customer Service. We get "Theresa's" voicemail; we tell her about our dilemma and ask her to call us asap. We don't hear back from her for a couple of days. She seems nice enough when she returns our call. We explained what was happening (or more precisely what was not happening) and how disappointed we are in Home Depot and Romanoff service. She said she will call them and see what she can do and will call us back. We have not heard from her again since the call.

NO RECOURSE. We are paid in full to get the free installation. We cannot live in our condo and now must wait until November 21. We will have to stay up most of the night on November 21 after the carpet is installed to get our place back in order, as we have long-term commitments on November 22 that will take us out of the area. We will return Thanksgiving morning to start cooking.

We get an automated telephone confirmation November 20 that the installers will be coming between 9:00 and noon. November 21. My husband calls them at noon to inquire where they are? We get a call back a few hours later around 2:30. Their morning job took longer than they planned. The manager is so sorry! Really? Not nearly as sorry as we are! But he says, they could come November 22, or after on Friday after Thanksgiving. My husband and I decide to just have them come the Friday after Thanksgiving, and call install manager back and get a voicemail. We tell them to come on Friday. We have not received a call back as yet, so not sure if we are confirmed or not.

We cancel Thanksgiving at our house and inform our guests. We have NO CONFIDENCE that the installers will show up the Friday after Thanksgiving either or I would just reschedule Thanksgiving on Sunday, but I don't want to take the chance. Long story short- Dont use Home Depot for your flooring and installation. Disappointed and angry.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I applied for a Home Depot Credit in order to install Carpeting in the Living Room. I was approved. I scheduled an appt. for measurement. Measurement was to take place before Nov. 7th. I waited but no one arrived to take said measurements. I called the Home Depot office and was told the individual who was to take my measurement had an emergency. So I rescheduled. Measurements were taken and the Carpet Installation was scheduled for Nov. 7th, arrival time between 1 and 4 pm. Carpeting was to be installed by said Romanoff Renovations. I received an email from Home Depot of the Lead Craftsman who would be installing carpet at said date and time. I email Romanoff Renovations, customerservice@romanoff-floors.com confirming they will be at said location to install carpet and to park in the back by garage. I also provided my phone number to reach me. I waited. Soon, it was after 4 pm.

I contact Home Depot and am told that the Lead Craftsman was behind on work and that I would need to reschedule. I am very unhappy and express my disappointment but I reschedule for Carpet Installation on Friday, Nov. 10th, said arrival between 8 am and 10 am. I am told by the Manager of Romanoff Carpeting in Reno, Nevada that Carpet installation would take place the first thing in the morning of Nov. 10th between 8 am and 10 am. I received an email confirmation. On the morning of Nov. 10th, I receive a call from someone at Romanoff Carpeting. I am told that the Lead Craftsman will be unable to install carpet but instead he confirmed he would have a Lead Craftsman install Carpet in the afternoon between the hours of 3 and 5 pm, the same day (Nov. 10) to install carpet. I express my disappointment and ask to speak to the Manager.

The person said he was the new Manager, (Mickey) and that the previous Manager who scheduled my Carpet Install the morning of Nov. 10th was fired. So I accepted the reschedule once more for the afternoon said times of 3 to 5 pm, Nov. 10th. My husband took time off work in the afternoon to be home for carpet install. The clock turned 5 pm and no one showed up nor did I receive a phone call. My husband contacts Romanoff Carpeting. There is no answer. He leaves a voicemail message. It is now the morning of Monday, Nov. 13, 2017. I call the Home Depot Corporate Office to dispute the charge and cancel Carpet installation. I express and explain why and the situation. I also ask "Why should we pay for carpeting when we have no carpet?" They said they understood and I am told that the dispute would take 4 to 6 weeks.

I am transferred to another Customer Service Rep of the Home Depot Corporate Office, Antonio 1-800-466-3337, #**. I express my disappointed and why I am disputing and cancelling carpet installation. I am told because they're "Corporate" they can make things happen and convinces me to reschedule this week if I would be interested. I say yes and that I would like Carpet Install Tuesday Morning. Then, I am told by Rep. Antonio that he would need 24 hours. I reschedule for Thursday, Nov. 16 a little after 3 pm. I inquire and ask, "What if no one shows up the said day, of Nov. 16 and time to install carpet?" The Rep. did not answer that question. The Rep. answered the question indirectly.

I am extremely disappointed with Romanoff Carpeting and Home Depot Corporate office. For one, we have had to re-schedule Carpet Install 3 times, two, the level of unprofessionalism concerns me and three, I remain skeptical that Carpet Install will happen on Thursday, Nov. 16. I am extremely disappointed. If I could, I would just cancel carpet install and go with someone else.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Go anywhere but Home Depot! I contacted them to measure my flooring. After paying for the measurement, they called me every week to just check-in. Took them 2x as they couldn't find my 1st measurement. My purchase was over $2,000. Then silence for days. Once the "installation" people called from Illinois, you are put on-hold forever, then they hung up on me. When I finally got to talk to a person, they said that the Columbia MO store didn't have my item in stock and no installation could be scheduled. I called the Columbia store, and the installation person "Angie" was extremely hateful and unwilling to help. After a lengthy and upsetting conversation with her, I cancelled the entire order.

I finally called back and spoke with Tom in flooring because I really wanted the Pergo. I re-ordered but just the Pergo and not the Carpet that was on my initial order. Still no date for delivery but I was willing to be patient. Once the item was in stock, it cost $79 for them to deliver when clearly it could have been picked up with a truck. I specifically asked if the items would fit into a pick-up truck. NOTE: They also have different delivery methods. One might be $100+ and the other might be $25. ASK! They are NOT transparent at all and will sell you the most expensive method. Once the items were delivered, there was baseboard (expensive $240 worth) on there that I did not order. Still no one has called to talk about installation. I finally had to call them, left a message and they returned the call the next day.

The installation days was a month away. I finally found someone local willing to install the flooring and called back to cancel my installation. The next day an associate contacted me about my refund on my installation. She took all my information down and I have yet to see my refund. Point being...they will call you every other day but once the sale is made, there is no follow-through. They have no business being in the installation business. They don't care and would rather make you feel like you did something wrong when you simply followed the directions of the salesman. I have $240 worth of baseboard that I didn't order and can't use. I over-paid for the deliver. They are crooked and they don't care about the customer's happiness. I will be trying another store when I go to purchase my carpet.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

We had our carpet and tile redone by Home Depot. tl;dr NEVER use Home Depot for your flooring provider/installer. They will do every single step incorrectly and act oblivious. Store - we spoke with a handful of people from 2 different Home Depot stores. The workers at the store in Mesa, AZ (Superstition Springs) were especially hard-headed. Each person we spoke with told us something completely different in regards to the flooring we were choosing, the installation process, etc. I finally spoke with a really young guy in the flooring department who seemed new, but offered to do research for me before he just blurted out a random answer. What an amazing concept. Tim and Jamie were 2 of the worst salespeople I have ever spoken with and just so very unintelligent and uninformed.

Measurements - A Home Depot representative came out to measure our home for carpet. We thought he was doing carpet AND tile. He told us he would have to come back another time for the tile. This didn't make any sense, as he was already in our home. He finally agreed to do them both. Carpet - Our carpet arrived on a rainy day on the back of a flatbed trailer, uncovered. So our carpet/padding was sitting out in the rain. The installation went okay though and the carpet looks good.

Tile - I don't even know where to start with this one. When we were in the early stages of the process, the fine people in the Home Depot store promised us that we could get tile done within about a month or so (this was in June and we were set to move into our home in August). We thought this was perfect because our home would be empty during the installation so we wouldn't have to worry about furniture, dust, noise, or our pets. Well then the installers called and our installation date was set for August. Mind you, our carpet had already been installed in July. We were told by the installers themselves that this was odd because carpet should NEVER be installed before tile. Well, ours was.

Due to our schedules, we had to push the tile installation back to the end of September. We were told by numerous reps at Western Flooring (the place Home Depot uses for installation) that our tile installation would take 5 days (day 1 to rip up old flooring, days 2-3 to install new flooring, day 4 for grout, and day 5 for baseboards). They confirmed for us over and over again that it would only be 5 days, even though that seemed very quick. Once the actual installers started working (and we realized how slow things were going), we were finally told that we had "always" been scheduled for a 9-day installation. I should also mention that they sent out one guy and his cousin to do all of our tile. This was scary. Our house was a complete mess every single day. We had no idea that they were supposed to be cleaning at the end of each day until we re-read our paperwork. Dust, tools, tarp, etc were eeeverywhere.

We finally called a supervisor to come out because we were not pleased with the way things were going. This includes scrapes/holes in our walls, scratched furniture, etc. The supervisor, Candido, was great. He agreed with us that the work site was entirely too messy and the work that was being done was questionable. Even though he came out fairly early in the process to visit and clean things up, we are still completely unsatisfied with the finished work.

Now that the job is over, our floor is complete unlevel. There are spots in our kitchen where you can feel that you are walking downward (almost like you're walking downhill) and then suddenly you will stub your toe on a raised up tile. There are a couple of chipped tiles that should have never been installed. The transition from carpet to tile in the bathrooms is also completely weird and again, I often stub my toe. Candido mentioned that he will call us back to schedule some time to fix a portion of these mistakes. I truly hope this is the case because he has been the only person to show care and concern and try to make things right for us.

We are so truly disappointed by this whole process, as well as the end result. For as much money as we spent, I would have never dreamed things would end up like this. I want to give a big shout out to every employee at Home Depot for not giving a single ** about our experience there. Another big shout out to the many employees I spoke with at Western Flooring who had about the same attitude. I will NEVER recommend either business to anyone I know and I will never even shop at Home Depot again. They have made us the most loyal Lowe's customers ever. Again, this is not a reflection of Candido, as he was nothing but great.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

My boyfriend owns rental properties and needed to put down new carpet in one that was recently vacated. It's obvious we’re remodeling the entire place. First, we were told the installation would be within a couple days after the measurements were taken, a week max. Well it was over a week, and they came a day later than scheduled. That means he missed 2 days of work because of these guys. Second, he was supposed to get a call when the work was done to inspect it. He never received a call. Third, they removed a closet door and did not put it back on. Fourth, they did not replace the threshold between the hall and bathroom. Fifth, they left debris everywhere. And last but not least, since the rental is vacant the water is turned off. These people used BOTH toilets and left human waste sitting there. We didn't realize until almost a week after the installation. So you can imagine the smell. Unbelievable.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I had ordered flooring from Home Depot in Galveston Island Texas on the 22nd. They told me that I would have it in 7 days. 7 days has come and gone now my new delivery date is October 16th. I've been on the phone with Home Depot listening to their lie after lie after lie. So then I went to Estes Trucking who was to ship the product to me. Estes says they don't have my flooring, it is being shipped to a third-party trucking company. I called the third-party trucking company. They said they don't have my product, that Estes hasn't shipped it yet just to run around game.

Home Depot is the biggest piece of ** and I'll never go back. Just a bunch of ** Liars. I was even on the phone with one of their supervisors. She gave me 10% off my bill like big deal. You can have your $320 back. Just give me my flooring. So now I'm about to cancel my order with them. My advice to anyone, if you can't buy it off the shelf don't order it especially through Home Depot and Lowe's is just as bad.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought hardwood flooring and asked Home Depot for a referral for floors as well as sheetrock and painting. They gave me a referral. They said they check out their referrals and make sure they are licensed contractors. Anyway the contractor came out and put down my floor as well as fixed some sheetrock and painted. My floor felt different so I called Home Depot to come out and take a look. They never did. My sheetrock was uneven at the ends. I told the contractor to sand it down. My doors that he painted were painted with flat white not semi gloss. I made him repaint them.

My closet door had paint drips running down. I made him sand them down and redo. My molding wasn't attached by the wall in one of my rooms and a part of the floor had to be redone. It wasn't straight. The pro didn't know you don't use eggshell paint in the bathroom. He didn't know you don't paint countertop with just any paint and mostly his work was not professional. Home Depot didn't even come out to take a look. After I asked corporate as well as the store (Bridgewater, NJ) who refer the contractor. Home Depot was a huge disappointment to dealing with a pro they referred but even worst they don't check their referrals and their work. I will never use a pro home depot refers again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Home Depot has the worst customer service EVER! We went in and bought a 12x23 carpet remnant. Made a special trip back to pick it up the same day. The very next day we had people come in and get our entire room ready for the carpet. Furniture removed, Padding and tack strip in... Everything was ready! When we brought the carpet inside, we immediately noticed it had 4 inch slices into each side of the carpet. Then we thought we had better measure the length to see how much extra we were going to have. Our room was 11x21. This is when we realized not only did someone cut the carpet on both sides but it was only 19 ft long! Definitely not going to work for our room. So here we all sit... Room torn apart and ready for carpet! We made the call to Home Depot who did not care AT ALL!

They said it was a remnant and remnants aren't always correct measurements! WHAT! They then told us that we could take it back and they would give us 10% off our next carpet order. Are you serious... Menards is offering 11% off just because! The manager did not care at all and we are left with a mess. DO NOT BUY CARPET AT HOME DEPOT!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

In early July 2017, I went to Home Depot to have an estimate of the new carpet I wanted to install in the living room, stairs and basement. Although the man they sent out the first time to take the measurements did not include in the papers he submitted to them the measurements for the basement and the closet, they made me pay an extra $20 to redo the measurements in addition to the $35 I had originally paid. But I told myself OK, let's pay $20 extra so that I can have the carpet before school starts.

On July 29, we were finally able to finalize the deal with minor changes and I was told in writing that the estimated delivery date was between August 7-28. All it takes is 2 hours to install the carpet, yet they refused to do it although I was available all the month of August until August 23 when I officially resumed my work. In the beginning of September, their installation company Romanoff sent me an email and told me that they would deliver it on Monday September 11, which was impossible for me to do unless I wanted to be fired from my job. I called them dozens of times to find another date which was not a Monday or a school day and ironically they suggested another Monday in October, another proof that I was talking to deaf people.

Then I went to Home Depot and told them: "I am a teacher. The Romanoff company you hired wants me to cancel my classes so that I can have a new carpet. What you are asking is impossible. The only day they can deliver it is Friday 15 of September because I do not teach that day. Either you do the installation on Friday the 15 or I cancel the deal." Finally, after hours on the phone, we agreed on Friday 15. So I cleared my schedule and waited for them to arrive only to receive a phone call informing me that the installation was cancelled because their delivery man felt suddenly sick. I was not born yesterday. They gave my turn to someone else because the day before (Thursday, September 14), I received an email from Romanoff/Home Depot reminding me of next day's delivery.

In a Kafkaesque fashion, I returned to Home Depot to have them deliver the installation on the date we agreed upon and they refused. I had to cancel the deal and although I insisted to have my full refund including both the $35 and $20 I had to pay for the measurement fees since they did not honor their side of the bargain. They refunded me the amount I paid but with only the extra $20 which I should not have been charged in the first place. If you are a teacher, I strongly advise you to avoid them. Besides their deaf ears, they are unethical and will never honor the delivery date on your contract. As teachers, we have better things to do than waste endless time with Home Depot and Romanoff Customer Service people on the phone.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

In 2013 I purchased carpet and had it installed. The carpet wear is fine. After installation I called because I felt the tack board through the carpet and called and they sent Nacho the installer back out. His only comment was that he thought I was selling the home, which makes no difference in quality of the installation to me. A new purchaser would care. His remedy was to hammer down the tacks in the walking areas which left the carpet marked and flat. It has never recovered. I had Home Depot come out and look at the damage and they did not offer any remedy.

I'm not the type to have them rip it out and try again. I though I with I was. Now I just have padding bunching under the carpet on the stairway and master bedroom. The carpet wearing fine but it's obvious that it is too thin for laying with tack strip. Home Depot and Nacho the installer both blew it. Home Depot is not welcome in my home again. Warranty is 10 years if you have it professionally cleaned annually, which I have not, I clean it. I will call but I don't expect anything good from it. If they repair I will add it to my complaint.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We are new home owners in the USA and we bought a laminate flooring for upstairs. Home Depot required a person who would do the measurement, so we paid $30,00 for this service. The lady came to do a proper measurement and she was not sure if the floor needed to be leveled. So another lady came to check the floor if the floor was level enough to lay the laminate flooring on top of the under floor.

She informed us that the floor did not need any other work. The day of the installation the flooring company told us that the floor was not level and we needed to pay 1,800 extra! Bottom line Home Depot told us that this outcome was our own responsibility! So what was the point of hiring the measurement service! They told us they could not do anything and that was it. Nothing, no sorry, no reimbursement of the $30, no small gesture of any kind. They just did not care. We will never ever buy anything from Home Depot and will tell everybody not to do so either. Lowe is our new home improvement shop.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

We were excited to purchase Traffic Master flooring from Home Depot. We paid more than we had planned but were enticed by the "lifetime warranty". We had a professional installer who has been in the business for 40 years do the work. The flooring was defective! The end joints stick up so much you can feel them with your feet. The manager at the Eugene store, Jay agreed he sure would not want it in his home. Long story short, Home Depot would not stand behind the defective product they sold us. The manufacturer would not stand behind their product. I am stuck with $1700 worth of defective flooring stacked on my porch that I can not use. What a waste. Do not buy Traffic Master products. I certainly will not be patronizing HD ever again after the way I was treated. People need to know they don't back what they sell.

Home Depot Floors Company Information