Home Depot Floors
3.78/5

Looking for a flooring company?

Home Depot Floors

Looking for a flooring company?

Home Depot Floors Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Purchasing the carpet was a breeze. Knowledgeable, very helpful and friendly associates. After waiting the standard two weeks for an installation appointment setting date we were satisfied about our new carpeting install date as we are on the verge of listing our home for sale and need to COORDINATE interior pictures being done AFTER the new carpet gets installed. So our listing agent set up photography 4 days after the carpet install date.

Well, LESS THAN 24 HOURS before the original carpet install date, the carpet crew called and cancelled for that Friday. Our pictures are scheduled for the following Tuesday. Then he went on to tell my husband what day would be good for them which happened to be the day after our photography is set to be done. We said, "Wait a minute here. We NEED this carpet in a full day before the pictures.. so Monday." He said, "OK we'll be there between 8-10AM."

It's now 12 Noon and after 3 phone calls to the carpet service dept--the carpet crew JUST ARRIVED. My Husband had to call in to his work to tell them he will not be able to come in as he works later this afternoon. When they cancelled they gave us little to no size window to get this in when we would be home and then they come late at that.

No more business with Home Depot. Se are done. This was too close for comfort. Who cancels a home product install less than 24 hours before the set appointment, much less then drags their lazy Behinds to arrive on said make up date???? How can Home Depot fall so low on their standing and name to have this kind of lousy service at the end of a huge in home purchase on the install??? They better do a good job! TERRIBLE.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Home Depot order# **. Parents placed an order in late September to install carpet in the 2nd floor of their home. The carpet was to be installed on 10/08/19, so the weekend prior to the install, we had a "furniture moving party." We were able to move all the furniture out into bathrooms, balconies, laundry room, garage and to the 1st floor. SO furniture everywhere except the 2nd floor! 3rd party installation company shows up and pretty much starts the install as scheduled. Midway through the install, the installers realized they did not have enough carpet to finish the install. They say the Home Depot rep made a mistake on the measurements. They send someone back out in a few days later to remeasure and resubmit the order to complete the install.

2 weeks later, installers show back up with the additional carpet and turns out they ordered the wrong carpet! So they put in the order once again and we wait another 2 weeks. Weeks later from original install date, they show up again and guess what??? Wrong measurements and wrong carpet! Numerous calls and emails with very little response if any. Finally I get a hold of Jan, who is the store manager. She looks into it and figures out all the mistakes that were made. Gives us a few options to "make it right," but at this point and bare floors for 4 weeks we decided to get our money back. No additional compensation was offered for the total fiasco. After taking our sample to another carpet supplier, they had the same exact carpet for .77 cent a sq ft, versus the $2.50 per ft that we paid! So much for the "free install!"

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I purchased a floating laminate floor. The larger sample boards are fairly high on the display rack and poor lighting hits the sample boards so they give you a little sample piece that you can take home. I found the style and color I liked. So I went to the store to make my purchase. I told the salesperson where I was going to have the materials installed in. Living room, kitchen and bathroom. He informed me it would be a great product for those areas. I was out of town when the flooring was installed.

When I first saw it I thought there where gaps at all the joints. Come to find out it had a micro bevel which gave it a more realistic look and I actually liked the look better than I was thinking it would be because I couldn’t see the entire sample due to the glare from the lighting. But the employee said the sample colors will vary with different patterns the materials are made from, Which basically means they have 7 or 8 different patterns the planks look like. I had the materials inside my house and they where acclimated properly to the room's temperature. A little over a month went by after the install. I used a shifter moist towelette mop on it so it wouldn’t be wet and take a very long time to dry which they did within a few minutes.

The weather changed And it became very hot and extremely humid for a few weeks. About a week or so into the humid weather I started to notice the micro bevels start to peak on the edges. The bathroom was fine and that would normally be a place where humidity and possible standing water would be and the bathroom still looks brand new. The rest of the areas not so much. The area by the sink looks great and I don’t have a dishwasher or ice machine on my refrigerator but the other areas are where the peaking begins. I kept bringing up the fact that it was very humid out for a few weeks and I do have air conditioning. But my house has a crawl space underneath it. No basement.

So I contacted the store in Kalamazoo Michigan. And filed a complaint. I wasn’t a loudmouth. I was very pleasant because I know things just happen. But the store manager said since it’s been over a month that I bought the flooring they would have to submit a claim to the manufacturer. This is where they started to say they won’t cover the materials they sell basically. I emailed the store a few pictures. I took them at night And you could see some of the damaged areas. But the next morning I took some more and I sent them in another email. I called Lisa at the store and told her I sent some more pictures in but she had already forwarded them to the manufacturer so as I waited for a response I Had my installer come back and replace a few pieces in my entry way.

I had to purchase another box. When I originally bought the flooring I bought extra for scrap and an extra box for future repairs. When he did the original install he had to use everything up just to finish the job because there were so many damaged pieces he had to use tiny pieces to finish up the entryway. I didn’t complain to HD about buying the extra box. But in that box which I stored in my bathroom almost every piece was damaged. Corners where chipped or side were split. Fortunately there where enough good pieces to replace the bad pieces he had to use because the materials that originally came in had so many damaged pieces. I called the store twice while I was waiting for an answer from the manufacturer. I talked to Grant first and he said he would call me back later that afternoon. He never did.

The second time I called I talked to Chris. He said he would call me back later that afternoon. He didn’t either. I finally got an email from Lisa that stated the manufacturer wouldn’t warranty the product due to excessive amount of moisture being on the flooring. Once again these areas weren’t in any area that would get wet enough by merely cleaning them with a moist swifter pad. The areas that could be indirect contact ie bathroom and in front of the sink look great. So I just want to say thank you Home Depot for not caring for 1 individual when you have millions of other customers to rely on.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I had a terrible experience from start to finish using Home Depot to put in new carpets in our bedrooms. My measuring appointment was canceled at the last minute (I was told at the time that it was a “medical emergency”, but was later told on the phone by a Home Depot representative that scheduling the consult appointment online often results in cancellations/rescheduling). After waiting three weeks for the carpet to come and and my scheduled install date, the morning of my appointment, (during my appointment window) I got a call from the installer. Apparently when they inspected the carpet prior to loading their truck, they noticed a huge rust stain that contaminated the entire product, making it completely unusable. I had completely cleared two bedrooms for hours that morning and was extremely frustrated to be told last minute that our carpet installation was not going to happen.

After speaking with the Home Depot, I was offered little remorse and no remedy to correct this disaster. The carpet would have to be re-ordered without a guaranteed arrival date and I would have to schedule again with the installer. When I inquired about a discount for the trouble this caused, I was told they could offer me a discount but only AFTER the carpet was installed (and they weren’t able to confirm what said discount would be). Instead I cancelled my order and will never give Home Depot my business again. I encourage you to find a company that actually has quality control measures in place, does not constantly reschedule appointments and delay their customers timelines by weeks, and will actually work to correct any mistakes.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Purchased flooring and installation services from Home Depot, Flint, Michigan, 48532. Worse experience ever. It took 3 visits to complete job. Technician was lazy and was taking breaks every 20 minutes or so. After working about 4 hours he had to leave. It took additional appointments to complete job. AIS flooring heard my concerns about the worker, yet, continued to send same installer. He would work 3 or 4 hours. Take plenty of breaks then made up an excuse he had to come back again. On 3rd visit I learned Home Depot had sent the wrong corner-round. Matching corner-round was available but representative order wrong item. I ended up taking 3 personal days and was offered a 100.00 credit to my Home Depot account for compensation. Flooring chosen was suppose to be scratch resistant. It is not. While moving my appliances back into place new flooring scratched. Worse experience ever. Will never shop Home Depot again!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

When ordering a large item, be aware of delivery. I ordered flooring (18 cases) and there was no info about "in-house" delivery that would allow them to get it in the house or garage. Otherwise you get delivery at the bottom of your drive on a crate where anyone could steal it if not home. Lucky contractor was present. Suppose to call 30 minutes ahead, never happened. HOME DEPOT: REVIEW YOUR DELIVERY POLICY! I would hold you liable if there was any theft or damage from your delivery policy. I won't buy a large item again for fear of this!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

We purchased 450 Sq Ft of 1X6 Treated Deck planks, in Two years time the stuff cracked open, Split open, & Warped. It took months to get some one here to see it, it was their supplier, who stated it was installed right, however, since there's no ROT it's not their fault that this lumber is so BAD! It's now 2.5 yrs old and looks like it's 15 yrs old like what we tore out! Double edge sword, their ONLY Warranty is against ROT, nothing about bad lumber, not treated properly because "It Cost Too Much" and would price them out of the market!

THEY should be out of the market, The agent said, "You live in Florida, the Sun is harsh down here!" WHAT THE HELL are you selling this crap down here for then? OH the market calls for it! No Market calls for defective stuff to be pushed out HD's doors! So, it's over two yrs old now SORRY! I was a contractor for 25 yrs with HD's account and the last ten yrs since I retired! Basically won't give me the time of day! So they'll lose a hell of a lot more than the $500 in material! As I said while in BIZ, you piss ONE person off and a 1000 will soon know!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Bought what we thought was a high end carpet with a 25 year warranty. After a year and half it started to bubble up in the middle of the room so a restretch was done. The carpet guy which is contracted out by Home Depot noticed along with me that there was a big thick line that came out right in the middle of the room. At that point he told me that the carpet is defective. I have been trying to get a resolution with the store and home office and now have been totally ignored. So much for honoring a warranty and customer service. After reading all these reviews from this site and other sites I would not suggest buying any kind of flooring from Home Depot since they do not honor warranties. And then I noticed after checking my paperwork they charged me 29.00 for furniture moving that they never had to do and have seen a lot of reviews that this is an on going practice they use to to rip us off.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Do not purchase carpet or anything from Home Depot. Better to go to Menards or Lowe’s. Purchased over $4000 of carpet, first they lost the carpet and couldn’t find it, then they brought the wrong carpet to my home, then they installed it extremely poorly with extra seams I never agreed to in multiple rooms. Then they refused to give me any documentation or respond to me about it. Had to take it to court, where state manager Abby ** blatantly and repeatedly lied about me and what they did, attempting to hide their mistakes. Installation looks extremely bad and unprofessional. They have lost me and everyone who has seen their installation as customers. Beware that they are extremely unprofessional and would rather make up lies about you than correct their mistakes.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

LifeProof Rigid Core Vinyl Flooring comes in only 4 patterns plus another 4 that are the same, but reversed. It would seem simple enough to put one of each in a box of 8. That is not the case. Some boxes had 6 or 7 of the same and I ended up with a very imbalanced load. I returned 2 boxes that were all the same and 2 more on the next load. They were just put back on the pile for the next person to deal with.

They don't allow you to go through boxes in the store (because opened boxes are not saleable, I'm told). Flooring staff was not helpful and even rather dismissive of my concerns about this. (Said there was nothing they could do about it and suggested that my option was to return all the flooring if I was not satisfied - Home Depot, University Heights, Victoria, BC, Canada).

The only option then would be to order lots extra and return the extras in opened boxes. I would have returned the lot, but I had already started flooring. The first batch I picked up was reasonably balanced. Except for this, it is good flooring. I would not recommend it for anyone wanting more variation, especially over large spaces, or don't want the inconvenience of sorting and returning flooring.

Home Depot Floors Company Information