2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

Luna Flooring offers a variety of flooring solutions, including tile, hardwood and carpet, and performs quick installations. The company offers free quotes on its website and has financing options available.

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Luna is an established flooring retailer offering sales and installation of carpet, hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile floors. Free quotes and in-home design consultations are available. Check Luna’s website for coupons.

PROS

• Fast installations
  • Free quotes
  • Financing available
  • Online discounts

CONS

• Few locations
  • Prices only available with consultation

Top Luna Flooring Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

My wife enjoyed Luna Flooring's service. We had the carpet installed in the living and dining rooms and the laminate on the front entry hallway. The carpeting is stain-resistant and easy to clean up. On the other hand, the dogs run on the hardwood flooring but it shows no markings. It’s top-notch.

… I took a couple quotes, and Luna's came in the best… they were very quick about it and I was impressed with how fast they got the old stuff out and gone. They were very friendly too. Everything was great and the quality looks good. It's a very nice woven carpet that's very easy to clean.

What is Luna?

Luna is a retailer and installer that offers multiple flooring options, including carpet, laminate and hardwood. The company is headquartered in Illinois, but sales and installation services are available nationwide through its network of independent contractors. Book an in-home appointment online, and your floor could be installed within a day of purchase. Coupons, promotions and financing information are available on Luna’s website.

Luna carpet and flooring options

To get started with Luna Flooring, book an in-home appointment to preview samples of carpeting, hardwood, laminate, vinyl or tile. During your design consultation, your sales representative walks you through available choices, such as carpet colors or vinyl plank flooring stains and patterns. Luna also provides several options for hardwood floors, laminate and tile — for example, its catalog includes RevWood, a waterproof and highly scratch-resistant laminate flooring for busy households and pet owners.

Your Luna sales representative helps you choose the products that are right for your home and provides customized pricing based on square footage. Floors are professionally installed as soon as one day after purchase. All installations are covered by a limited two-year warranty.

Luna prices

Pricing for Luna flooring products is only available with a consultation. Quotes are free and can be scheduled online or over the phone. Installation is included in the cost, and flooring products cannot be sold for do-it-yourself installation. Luna includes rearranging, old floor removal and cleanup in the price.

Luna FAQ

Are Luna and Empire the same company?
Luna and Empire were rivaling retailers until Empire purchased Luna in 2012, but the two still operate as distinct brands.
Does Luna move furniture?
Yes, Luna moves furniture to install carpeting. The cost of moving furniture, removing old flooring and hauling away debris is included in the installation price.
How much is Luna flooring installation?
Installation is included in the cost of flooring. Request a free quote for customized pricing.
Is Luna carpet hypoallergenic?
Luna offers some hypoallergenic options. Ask your Luna professional which material is right for you.
Where is Luna located?
Luna is based out of Illinois and has five showroom locations in the Chicago area. However, Luna has a network of independent contractors that provide sales and installation services across the U.S.

Is Luna any good?

Yes, Luna is a good option for homeowners who need to have flooring installed. Luna offers a variety of flooring types and styles, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile options. With products at multiple price points, it helps customers find the style and quality of flooring that’s right for their home. Schedule a free in-home consultation to see samples, receive custom pricing and learn more about Luna’s fast, professional installations.

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: March 2, 2021

There were two different jobs that Luna Flooring did. There was one team who came out and did the bedrooms. They did a really good job. Another team did two rooms in the basement. It was okay. It could have been glued down a little bit better, but it's acceptable. The second team only had two little rooms, and they had four techs. The other three rooms that they had to do was just two techs, and two big rooms. The two techs in the beginning had to wind up working their butt off. The second set of techs ended up just laying around on the floor playing with their phones because there wasn't much for them to do. I think it was just that the job was overscheduled.

But all in all, they did a great job. I’m trying to talk to my wife about getting the rest of the house carpeted at the beginning of next year because it is cold in this house. I called them out to do the two little baby floors to see what kind of job they would do. They did a really good job. So, I figured, “Hey, it's worth it.” So, I called them back out to do the other floors for the $99, and it worked out.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Some family members from two different families had used Luna, so we went on their recommendation. We ended up going with carpeting to replace carpeting in our living room, hallway, master bedroom, and then in our basement and hallway downstairs. Our salesman was great. He was pretty much no punches, very high-energy and tell-it-like-it-is. “This is the product. This is what we have. This is what I need tonight to close the sale. If you decide to wait, I can't guarantee the pricing that we've agreed upon.” He was a straight shooter and very personable.

While our carpet and padding was pulled up, and we had the replacement done, we went over tile upstairs, and there were some tiles that were missing. So, we have some low spots. I wish that would have been pointed out before the padding was late. We didn't inspect the floor. My husband and I wish we had either pulled up the carpet and padding to see what was underneath and what we were dealing with, or if the installation team maybe would have pointed out, “Hey you're going to have low spots here because you're missing your eight-by-eight or your nine-by-nine tassels underneath." We wish we had thought about that because we've got some soft spots now.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We had some stuff done a few years ago and we came back to Luna as returning customers to complete the job and some other rooms that we had. From that perspective, everything went well. The only issue now is the financing that I requested was not submitted correctly to Wells Fargo, but I’m working with one of the consultants to get it worked on right now. Other than that, two levels of our home are completely done with wood floors. It’s an expensive cost for your home, so you want to make sure it's done correctly. The installation guys were great. They did their job, in and out, and as quick as they could. The work is done correctly and well. There's no doubt about that.

In any business though, people can’t control every single employee. There are gonna be some employees who might slip up here and there. I understand the concept where they try their best as a organization but there are some employees who stray a little. The initial sales gentleman that came by to do the quote, I wasn't too happy about his COVID precautions. I have children and I asked him to put his mask on, but there were times where he had taken it off in the house. I made a note, and I called in after he left. I complained to Luna that he was not following the guidelines and I have pictures because I have cameras in my house.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was in the process of getting estimates. I have seen the ads for Luna and I had scheduled with Empire too. I was informed that they were sister companies so I kind of scratched that one and got some other estimates from some other folks. But the ability to have the 0% financing with Luna was pretty much the deciding factor for me. The other folks were somewhat a little bit cheaper but they didn’t offer the financing.

I got vinyl plank flooring and I went with that because it's for a rental property. I had carpet down before but it can get stained and smelly. With the vinyl, hopefully, it lives up to the waterproof name, the durability, and looks good. For the installation, they gave me some options. I had to reschedule and they were good. They showed up on time and just pretty much asked me to stay out of the way. They went to work and got it done really quickly. I was surprised at how fast they got it done. It was a pretty good experience for me. It wasn’t a really high-pressure sale. They were able to work with me financially. And they were flexible with the scheduling. The quality was really good. I was really pleased with the end result.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Salesman was great. Product is great. However, installers ripped my safe from the floor which was bolted down. Then lights inside were broken while doing so. It’s been over two weeks and still no resolution. Have called and texted but not a good experience at this point. Very disappointing because I really liked our salesman. Stay tuned for how long it’s going to take for some sort of financial reimbursement.

Luna Flooring response

Joe, we regret to hear this and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be in touch with you soon to learn more.

Original review: March 30, 2021

We had carpet installed in the bedrooms and basement steps. I needed something done quickly, so I went with Luna Flooring. For the price, the quality of the carpet was pretty well.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I decided to hire Luna to install a floor in my house, after a few months we had a problem, Luna came over and suppose to fix, now again same problem, same area, inspector came over and till this day?

Luna Flooring response

Jose, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We've located your order and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Everything was good with our experience with Luna. The salesman brought us some good deals. He was knowledgeable about his stuff. So that was what really helped, especially to people who don't know more than much about flooring. The contractors came in and were knowledgeable and nice. They knew what they were doing. They got everything done in a good amount of time. When there were some things that need to be tweaked, they sent somebody out the correct them.

Original review: March 15, 2021

The vinyl planks were installed through my family room, kitchen area, powder room, and the areaway. I went with Luna for the pricing and everything was upfront. I loved when the guy that was keeping the supplies came out because there was no sales pitching. He asked me to tell him what I needed and he said that he was gonna tell me what they could do. He also told me exactly what I could get at a better price.

On the installation, the guys came and discussed the best plans. They were in my living room and dining room area and I already got hardwood floors. So I wanted everything to flow and have a good transition and they made sure that everything had an even lay on the floor. So everything is flowing in the same direction. I love the way the flooring feels and it blends with the interior. Everybody loves the floor when they come in through the door. The durability makes things a lot easier. You don’t have to worry about carpeting in the family room anymore. If somebody spills something, it’s easy to clean up. I love it.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Install went very quickly, the guys were professional and everything still looks great. I would recommend them.

Luna Flooring Company Information