4.4/5 (52 ratings)

About Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring offers a variety of flooring solutions, including tile, hardwood and carpet, and performs quick installations. The company offers free quotes on its website and has financing options available.

Pros

• Fast installations
  • Free quotes
  • Financing available
  • Online discounts

Cons

• Few locations
  • Prices only available with consultation

Bottom Line

Luna is an established flooring retailer offering sales and installation of carpet, hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile floors. Free quotes and in-home design consultations are available. Check Luna’s website for coupons.

Top Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Verified

My wife enjoyed Luna Flooring's service. We had the carpet installed in the living and dining rooms and the laminate on the front entry hallway. The carpeting is stain-resistant a...

Verified

… I took a couple quotes, and Luna's came in the best… they were very quick about it and I was impressed with how fast they got the old stuff out and gone. They were very friendly...

What is Luna?

Luna is a retailer and installer that offers multiple flooring options, including carpet, laminate and hardwood. The company is headquartered in Illinois, but sales and installation services are available nationwide through its network of independent contractors. Book an in-home appointment online, and your floor could be installed within a day of purchase. Coupons, promotions and financing information are available on Luna’s website.

Luna carpet and flooring options

To get started with Luna Flooring, book an in-home appointment to preview samples of carpeting, hardwood, laminate, vinyl or tile. During your design consultation, your sales representative walks you through available choices, such as carpet colors or vinyl plank flooring stains and patterns. Luna also provides several options for hardwood floors, laminate and tile — for example, its catalog includes RevWood, a waterproof and highly scratch-resistant laminate flooring for busy households and pet owners.

Your Luna sales representative helps you choose the products that are right for your home and provides customized pricing based on square footage. Floors are professionally installed as soon as one day after purchase. All installations are covered by a limited two-year warranty.

Luna prices

Pricing for Luna flooring products is only available with a consultation. Quotes are free and can be scheduled online or over the phone. Installation is included in the cost, and flooring products cannot be sold for do-it-yourself installation. Luna includes rearranging, old floor removal and cleanup in the price.

Luna FAQ

Are Luna and Empire the same company?
Luna and Empire were rivaling retailers until Empire purchased Luna in 2012, but the two still operate as distinct brands.
Does Luna move furniture?
Yes, Luna moves furniture to install carpeting. The cost of moving furniture, removing old flooring and hauling away debris is included in the installation price.
How much is Luna flooring installation?
Installation is included in the cost of flooring. Request a free quote for customized pricing.
Is Luna carpet hypoallergenic?
Luna offers some hypoallergenic options. Ask your Luna professional which material is right for you.
Where is Luna located?
Luna is based out of Illinois and has five showroom locations in the Chicago area. However, Luna has a network of independent contractors that provide sales and installation services across the U.S.

Is Luna any good?

Yes, Luna is a good option for homeowners who need to have flooring installed. Luna offers a variety of flooring types and styles, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile options. With products at multiple price points, it helps customers find the style and quality of flooring that’s right for their home. Schedule a free in-home consultation to see samples, receive custom pricing and learn more about Luna’s fast, professional installations.

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: May 23, 2022

I was gonna go with a company right in my hometown but they kept putting me off and changing the price. I went online and found Luna Flooring and I'm glad I did. I liked the quality that they had and they were able to get there right away. They did the carpeting for me and their workers were very efficient. The cost was a little bit more but the quality was better. The timeline also exceeded my expectation. I have a whole new respect for Luna. I thought that because they're on a TV commercial, maybe they're pushing because they’re not getting a lot of business. I don't think that way anymore. They were quick to get things done and I'm very pleased.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 22, 2022

My salesperson was awesome. I installed carpeting to the top floor and my stairs. They were really good about finding discounts. Also, the installation happened within three days. But the on time was a little tricky because they don't get their assignments 'til that morning. So, as I was preparing for them to be here by 8:00, they haven't been assigned yet. So, that was a little frustrating. But, by the time they got their assignments, they were here within 15 minutes. Also, they were very professional and clean. They moved things very carefully and put everything back where things should be. They really supported everything the salesperson said. This was a really good experience. I would definitely consider doing this again with them.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I had a very good experience with Luna Flooring. The salesperson was very good because I explained to him exactly what I was looking for and he was able to show me exactly things he thought I might like. I mentioned that I'd had some other previous offers as well and he gave me a pretty good deal on the floors that I had. I had one issue though, 'cause the people scheduling to do the floors kept leading me on. They install for a number of companies, including Empire. The guy even called and said, "This is Empire."

I scheduled with the salesperson, but the installers didn't show up in the time frame that I had. They called me once and said it was gonna be another time frame. I stayed home all day thinking it was gonna be done till late in the evening and I was told, "We could still come." The guy said they had problems with the other house they were at. I didn't want some guy that was tired and already frustrated from a house that they've already been working and they had a hard time with to come and try to do my work at 7:00 at night. They said they went ahead and scheduled me for the next day. I wound up calling the salesman back. He didn't have anything to do with that, but he said to give him a call back if it didn't get done the next day. I didn't have to call him back though.

The installers came out the next day and installed my flooring. They did a great job. The only thing is the picture of the floor seemed lighter prior to being installed then after install, it seemed like it was much darker, but maybe that was just the lighting. We have wood floors downstairs in my foyer, kitchen, bathroom and hall. The luxury vinyl and wood floors feel different. I'm used to the wood floors, then I feel the texture, but it's good. The texture of those floors have to be discussed since it's in a bathroom and you don't want something really slippery. It makes sense that it was a different texture, but that caught me off guard too. I was thinking more like the real wood floors that I had in the other part of the house.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Luna Flooring is a good outfit. They're dependable, and they back what they say. I wanted go with them because they would do one room then one for $50. But I didn’t do the extra room for $50 because it was their carpet to select from. There wasn’t much to select from and I wanted the carpet that I wanted. But the rep was excellent. She came in, showed us the carpeting, and we decided we’d go with the one we chose. The installation was excellent. They were in and out of here in four hours. I was pleased that they got it done and got out quick enough. They did everything perfectly. I had everything emptied out so it would be light. They moved it all around, took it out on the porch, and were very careful with everything.

Original review: March 22, 2022

When I first reached out to Luna, a salesperson set up an appointment with me to come to the house to review materials and see what we wanted to have done. It was quick and easy. The cost was about what we were expecting it to be for the quality of the product that we wanted. The installation was also fast. It was within a week or two based on our schedule of when we were available to have them come. It took a while for them to install, but it was a big space. It’s not a square room. It has cutouts and the stairs are curved. So, it was a complicated project. But they got it all installed in that one day. So far, everything is holding up great and we're really pleased.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Working with Luna was great. We love them. My experience was very personal. The person I did the appointment with was good. Then the sales person that came to the house was fantastic. She was very personable. The install was good as well. We did carpet in our basement. We love the padding and it's a very soft carpet.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

The installation guys were great. We did rugs in four rooms, and I love them. I'll send friends to Luna Flooring.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

The sales rep came out and I told them what I needed. He brought in some samples, we picked the carpet and the runner and the installers were able to install it two days later. They were fast and clean. The quality of the job that was done was great and I like the durability of the product. I would highly recommend Luna before anyone else.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

The carpet is good. Luna Flooring had finished the job before the big name stores we had went to even gave us a quote.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Luna did a price match when I made the purchase and I had a wonderful experience with the sales rep. He was extremely knowledgeable and courteous. I had carpet installed in the family room and the bedrooms and the quality of work during the installation was very good. I like the cleanliness of the carpets.

Luna Flooring Company Information