2. Homeowners
  3. Flooring

3.8/5 (106 ratings)

About Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring offers a variety of flooring solutions, including tile, hardwood and carpet, and performs quick installations. The company offers free quotes on its website and has financing options available.

Pros

• Fast installations
  • Free quotes
  • Financing available
  • Online discounts

Cons

• Few locations
  • Prices only available with consultation

Bottom Line

Luna is an established flooring retailer offering sales and installation of carpet, hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile floors. Free quotes and in-home design consultations are available. Check Luna’s website for coupons.

Top Luna Flooring Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My wife enjoyed Luna Flooring's service. We had the carpet installed in the living and dining rooms and the laminate on the front entry hallway. The carpeting is stain-resistant a...

Verified

… I took a couple quotes, and Luna's came in the best… they were very quick about it and I was impressed with how fast they got the old stuff out and gone. They were very friendly...

What is Luna?

Luna is a retailer and installer that offers multiple flooring options, including carpet, laminate and hardwood. The company is headquartered in Illinois, but sales and installation services are available nationwide through its network of independent contractors. Book an in-home appointment online, and your floor could be installed within a day of purchase. Coupons, promotions and financing information are available on Luna’s website.

Luna carpet and flooring options

To get started with Luna Flooring, book an in-home appointment to preview samples of carpeting, hardwood, laminate, vinyl or tile. During your design consultation, your sales representative walks you through available choices, such as carpet colors or vinyl plank flooring stains and patterns. Luna also provides several options for hardwood floors, laminate and tile — for example, its catalog includes RevWood, a waterproof and highly scratch-resistant laminate flooring for busy households and pet owners.

Your Luna sales representative helps you choose the products that are right for your home and provides customized pricing based on square footage. Floors are professionally installed as soon as one day after purchase. All installations are covered by a limited two-year warranty.

Luna prices

Pricing for Luna flooring products is only available with a consultation. Quotes are free and can be scheduled online or over the phone. Installation is included in the cost, and flooring products cannot be sold for do-it-yourself installation. Luna includes rearranging, old floor removal and cleanup in the price.

Luna FAQ

Are Luna and Empire the same company?
Luna and Empire were rivaling retailers until Empire purchased Luna in 2012, but the two still operate as distinct brands.
Does Luna move furniture?
Yes, Luna moves furniture to install carpeting. The cost of moving furniture, removing old flooring and hauling away debris is included in the installation price.
How much is Luna flooring installation?
Installation is included in the cost of flooring. Request a free quote for customized pricing.
Is Luna carpet hypoallergenic?
Luna offers some hypoallergenic options. Ask your Luna professional which material is right for you.
Where is Luna located?
Luna is based out of Illinois and has five showroom locations in the Chicago area. However, Luna has a network of independent contractors that provide sales and installation services across the U.S.

Is Luna any good?

Yes, Luna is a good option for homeowners who need to have flooring installed. Luna offers a variety of flooring types and styles, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile options. With products at multiple price points, it helps customers find the style and quality of flooring that’s right for their home. Schedule a free in-home consultation to see samples, receive custom pricing and learn more about Luna’s fast, professional installations.

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: April 3, 2021

We were replacing the floors and the top two levels of our house. So, we got the kitchen, the entryway, our living room and dining room area, hallway, a couple of steps, and three bedrooms done. We decided that we needed new flooring and our carpet in the bedrooms and hallway was really worn out. Then, our tile was starting to crack in the kitchen. So we just decided to go with one product all the way through to give it an even flow. We had gone with Lune eight years ago to do laminate flooring in our living and dining rooms and we knew that they did good work. When we checked with them again, we were able to get a really good price and we were comfortable with it.

We liked that the flooring that we got was waterproof, kid proof, and dog proof. We have three kids and one dog, so the luxury vinyl planking was really nice for all the spaces that we put it in. It was something versatile and able to be used throughout the whole house. The first price that our sales rep, Rick, showed us was a little bit uncomfortable for us. It was a fair price, but it was above our budget, and he really worked with us to get it within our budget. So we really appreciated that. He also took his time with us because we weren't sure about the coloring or what we wanted. He showed us all of the samples and let us take them throughout the house to see how they looked in each room. So it was nice and we didn't feel rushed.

Then, the installers were great. They worked really quickly and efficiently. It took two days and they stayed pretty late the first evening, so they weren't here too long the second day. They also checked in with us if we had any questions or concerns about what they were doing with the product. All in all, the flooring seems like it's pretty good quality. Plus, it's really easy to take care of even more so than the laminate that we had before.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I went online on a Friday night to see if I can schedule an estimate. My mother doubted I would get anybody out here on the weekend. But Luna scheduled online for an appointment at 9:30, Saturday morning. So I scheduled that estimate. The rep came in and he was very professional and efficient. He brought in carpet samples. I was looking for a specific color variant carpet, and they had one very, very similar to the one from Lowe's. It was a great price when he estimated it out. In fact, it was going to be cheaper than the carpet at Lowe's. It was a better carpet.

I told the rep that I would go with them if he could get it installed in the next two weeks. He said he could have it installed Monday morning. I'm glad he is the rep for this area because I have 10 more carpet put in the house. He was very courteous too. I really enjoyed him. He could answer my questions. He didn't do a lot of hmm’s and huh’s, and “Oh, I got to look this up,” or “Oh, I got to call them.” He had answers for me just like that. He knew his stuff.

The rep brought up the pricing, all discounts and promotions that Luna was offering at that time and he was able to apply as many that I would be eligible for, which helped a great deal on the price. So he wasn't in here to take money from me like the other companies. He explained that when he was done, the cost was the cost, and that includes everything, including the haul out and the installations. He was all about making sure that I felt the price was reasonable. I have a respect for business people like that.

The padding is great. The carpet is thick. It's lifetime warranty carpet. But I got a thicker pile and I love it. When I walk on it barefoot, I can feel the rebound of the padding. The old carpet that was in there was 30 years old, so the padding was flattened and when you walk on it, you hear the subfloor creaking. But now, I walk on it and it's deep enough pile. I can dig my toes in.

If somebody was getting carpet installed, I'd definitely recommend they call Luna before calling the local Lowe's or Home Depot. The people are quick, efficient, professional, and accommodating. They have a lot of great carpet and flooring samples. We've got to eventually replace flooring in the kitchen and dining area and the foyer of our home, so I will probably call Luna to come in with a waterproof laminate flooring sample for that when we're ready to do that.

Original review: March 2, 2021

There were two different jobs that Luna Flooring did. There was one team who came out and did the bedrooms. They did a really good job. Another team did two rooms in the basement. It was okay. It could have been glued down a little bit better, but it's acceptable. The second team only had two little rooms, and they had four techs. The other three rooms that they had to do was just two techs, and two big rooms. The two techs in the beginning had to wind up working their butt off. The second set of techs ended up just laying around on the floor playing with their phones because there wasn't much for them to do. I think it was just that the job was overscheduled.

But all in all, they did a great job. I’m trying to talk to my wife about getting the rest of the house carpeted at the beginning of next year because it is cold in this house. I called them out to do the two little baby floors to see what kind of job they would do. They did a really good job. So, I figured, “Hey, it's worth it.” So, I called them back out to do the other floors for the $99, and it worked out.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Some family members from two different families had used Luna, so we went on their recommendation. We ended up going with carpeting to replace carpeting in our living room, hallway, master bedroom, and then in our basement and hallway downstairs. Our salesman was great. He was pretty much no punches, very high-energy and tell-it-like-it-is. “This is the product. This is what we have. This is what I need tonight to close the sale. If you decide to wait, I can't guarantee the pricing that we've agreed upon.” He was a straight shooter and very personable.

While our carpet and padding was pulled up, and we had the replacement done, we went over tile upstairs, and there were some tiles that were missing. So, we have some low spots. I wish that would have been pointed out before the padding was late. We didn't inspect the floor. My husband and I wish we had either pulled up the carpet and padding to see what was underneath and what we were dealing with, or if the installation team maybe would have pointed out, “Hey you're going to have low spots here because you're missing your eight-by-eight or your nine-by-nine tassels underneath." We wish we had thought about that because we've got some soft spots now.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

We had some stuff done a few years ago and we came back to Luna as returning customers to complete the job and some other rooms that we had. From that perspective, everything went well. The only issue now is the financing that I requested was not submitted correctly to Wells Fargo, but I’m working with one of the consultants to get it worked on right now. Other than that, two levels of our home are completely done with wood floors. It’s an expensive cost for your home, so you want to make sure it's done correctly. The installation guys were great. They did their job, in and out, and as quick as they could. The work is done correctly and well. There's no doubt about that.

In any business though, people can’t control every single employee. There are gonna be some employees who might slip up here and there. I understand the concept where they try their best as a organization but there are some employees who stray a little. The initial sales gentleman that came by to do the quote, I wasn't too happy about his COVID precautions. I have children and I asked him to put his mask on, but there were times where he had taken it off in the house. I made a note, and I called in after he left. I complained to Luna that he was not following the guidelines and I have pictures because I have cameras in my house.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I had my carpet installed on Friday 9-3-21 and the color is nothing I expected. I called back because the carpet has 1 Month warranty and a "love your floors" guarantee like they advertise. The representative told me they would call me within 24 hours. That never happened. Monday night I returned the call and they assured me another representative would call me within another 24 hours. Again that never happened.

I called back on Wednesday and they told me someone was going to come to my house from 4-6 PM on the same day. That never happened!! I just hang up the phone right now and the lady told me again, they will call me within 24 hours. When I told her this has been a whole week and this 24 hours was going to turn into a week, she told me: Then you will have to wait a week." This is absurd. I have paid over $5,000 on this carpet and like I told the last rude representative, I had removed all my furniture for the installation and I am for a whole week staying at a friend's house. This is absolutely unacceptable. Terrible services.

Luna Flooring response

Vanessa, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We apologize for your experience and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The reps and the installer did an awesome job. The carpet and the color are beautiful. My boyfriend's brother needs the living room and hallway done so I told my boyfriend to call Luna Flooring and see.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Where do I begin? Let's just say that I would not recommend Luna to my worst enemy. This company should be absolutely ashamed in the way they conduct business and the way they handle their customers. Let's begin, oh yes of course, the consultation. Of course when a company wants to make a sale they are on time, every time. I had a representative come to my home banging down the door excited to make some commission. I fell into the trap. The salesman set me up with a time for installation, I forked over the money, and so the shenanigans begin.

Luna was supposed to be at my house on September 2nd between 8 AM - 6 PM. I asked a friend to remove every last piece of furniture and personal belongings inside my home to be ready for this shameful business. Time goes on, hour by hour, and absolutely nothing. I call the company, and they don't have answers. The company that has these "top notch installers that WORK FOR THEM" can't track down their own employees. As time goes on, Luna is a distant memory. Luna is nowhere to be found. I used a vacation day at work and put all this effort forward for a bunch of no call no shows. But don't worry, it continues.

After approximately 20 calls back and forth, I finally get in touch with "someone who matters" per se. This individual, "Brendan", tells me that he will make this up to me and that the Boston office will have installers out for that Saturday to make this right. Considering I cannot use another vacation day, I pay a buddy with a 30 pack of beer to wait at my house for the ELUSIVE LUNA installers to show up. Guess what? NO DICE. I cannot get in touch with anyone at all, but don't worry, they are "sorry for the inconvenience". Touching, thank you so much for your generous words.

Fast forward a week later. This "Brendan" says he will "try to make it right" and how can he "change my mind" for cancelling. OH YES, how could we all forget, the ELUSIVE LUNA is going to lose out on their big $2500 sale. HOW SAD. "Brendan" says he will try to make it happen. Brendan yet again fails to deliver. Leading up to 20 minutes before this post, "Brendan" calls me and says the best they can do is two weeks out. Two weeks people? I have been sleeping on a couch for a week because of this company.

So everyone, I just want you to all know, your majesty "Brendan" has fully refunded me MY MONEY for the company's inability to deliver any amount of reasonable customer service. Your company is a joke, your customer service is a joke, and all and all, thanks for nothing. You guys are all stars, don't forget your place in the hall of fame. Do not use this company. Call a local business, hire a seagull for all I care, just don't use Luna. Thank you to Luna Boston, you guys are the best.

Luna Flooring response

Brandon, we're sorry to hear this and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We're looking into this and we'll contact you soon.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

The installation was immediately available and the discussion with the sales rep also was good. The pricing is also good. I had carpet installed in the bedrooms and the hallway. I like the padding. But the carpet that I selected was not installed. I raised tickets and somebody was supposed to come and check if the carpet was installed and was it what I ordered. The person came early morning but I was not available so I asked him if he could come a little bit later in about three hours. But he could not make it. He said I have to reschedule an appointment. But I also got busy and I never rescheduled the appointment.

Even though the carpet that was installed wasn’t up to mark, Luna followed up and that’s important. When I raised a concern, people called me and set up a call. But I was not happy with the salesperson. After the carpet was installed, I tried to reach out to him but he was not much help. Then I called customer service and the rep was pretty good.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

We liked the flooring that we got from Luna Flooring. We had a good sales girl and we liked her a lot. We knew what we wanted to see and those are the samples she brought us. It was a good experience all the way. At the beginning, there was a problem with the computer systems. They thought they had our carpet in stock and they had agreed to deliver it on a certain day. But they called and they ended up not having it so I had to wait another 10 days. But as far as the people who installed, the people who delivered, the salespeople and the follow-up people, they were all great.

Luna Flooring Company Information