4.32/5
Based on 105 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to remodel your floors? Shop at Home for carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile you will love. Luna Flooring provides a variety of flooring options in order to help you choose the one that works best with your home’s lighting and décor. A Luna flooring professional will help you select the right floors, discuss financing options and installation. Reserve a FREE in-home appointment today or call (855)207-5937 to get started.

⚫⚫⚫ WHY LUNA ⚫⚫⚫

INSTALLING FLOORS SINCE 1958

Luna has helped homeowners update their homes for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners.

LATEST STYLES FROM TOP BRANDS

Whether the look of your home is traditional or contemporary, Luna offers a wide variety of the latest styles and colors of flooring, from brands you know and trust.

PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION

Luna believes in quality workmanship. Professional installers will also handle the details, such as moving your furniture, taking up and hauling away your old floor, and installing the floors you love.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have questions? Our flooring professionals and friendly customer service team are here to help you - even after the installation.

⚫⚫⚫ SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE ⚫⚫⚫

With Luna’s warranties and financing options, you get the floors you love, professionally installed, all for a great price.

✔ Love Your Floors Promise™*

✔ 110% Low Price Guarantee†

✔ Financing Options

✔ 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty‡

✔ Sales and Coupons

*30-day product only limited replacement warranty (equal value or less). Details at Luna.com/FloorsPromise.

† Competitor’s written estimate required. We’ll beat the price or refund you 110% of the difference. Additional conditions apply. Details at Luna.com/LowPriceGuarantee.

‡ Details at Luna.com/Warranties.

Experienced independent contractors provide sales and installation services. Licensure at Luna.com.

© 21st Century Flooring, LLC dba Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)
A-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 25, 2018

105 Luna Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2018

It was a great experience with Luna. We had several choices to choose from. The people who installed the floor did an excellent job. The price was perfect. We will definitely be calling them when we want to put in new carpet. Thanks Luna. You did an excellent job.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 25, 2018

The estimate for the small kitchen floor was six thousand dollars. I thought that was excessively expensive. The salesman suggested that sometimes they have leftover material in the warehouse from a large job and they might be able to find it at a cheaper price. They did and I got the floor for two thousand. That was still too expensive, but I purchased it. The men did a good job and were very fast. I thought they were suppose to put down a subflooring, but they didn’t. They said I didn’t need it. I called the salesman and reported it, and they gave me a two hundred dollar rebate. I don’t think I would use Luna again, as I thought they were too expensive. Everyone I’ve talked to said I paid too much for the floor.

Luna Flooring response
Joann,
We're sorry to hear that your over experience was not five-star worthy. We'll be further reviewing your concerns.

Thank you.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Luna Flooring was the most convenient among other brands I considered in terms of time frame and price when I had floors installed in a rental property for me. I fell in love with the convenience of them doing the next day. I was getting the place ready for the renters to move in and Luna Flooring installed the wooden floors in the living room, dining room and hallways, as well as the kitchen area. The contractor is real professional and they finished the installation in one day. The work and the craftmanship was great.

So, I'm satisfied with everything except for the way that the salespeople do their pricing. For instance, the sales guy came and I explained to him that I was an existing customer and wanted the floors done. He gave me a price of $8,000 and I told him that was too much. I also asked him how much are they charging to install a square foot of floor and he couldn't tell me. Then he said that he'll make a phone call, and he came back with a price that was $3,000 cheaper. He was like a car salesman, and that made me mad. This is my second time and both times I had to have that conversation with both salespeople. The very first time it was a lady. I get that they work on commissions, but I didn't care for the price guy part. I didn't like that part of negotiating the price for the floor because the price is what it is but don't gouge me.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I had Luna Flooring put some floors in before and I was satisfied with their work so when I wanted to do something else, I called them. I recently had some laminate flooring done for my TV room and my kitchen, and I like its dark color. When the guys came, they did the work and continued doing it until they were finished. Then they cleaned up after themselves. They’re dependable and they get the job done. I’ll recommend them.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had carpet installed by Luna Flooring in several areas of my home. The guys who installed were very good, pleasant, prompt and very helpful. They did an excellent job. I would definitely recommend Luna Flooring. In fact, we had used them before and we were very pleased before too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: April 19, 2018

We thought about Lowe’s and Home Depot but their customer service sucked. We had some carpet put in our bedroom by Luna and it's so nice. We had some people come the other day and they said it was day and night. The experience was quick and painless. We’ve already recommended Luna.

Original review: April 18, 2018

The Luna rep was a very nice person. Once I talked to her and she told me everything, I went with them. The flooring I got has a vinyl look. I like the brightness and newness that it's bringing to my bedroom. It puts my room another notch, and it's easier to keep clean. And I like the pretty area rugs that I have down on it. The person that laid it down was very courteous. My floor wasn't leveled and he said it wouldn't look right if he would lay it. He talked to me and made sure that I understood. I had to pay a little more money and I was disappointed by that, but I understood why and it was nothing to have a good job done.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had the laminate flooring installed by Luna in my bedroom, the master bedroom, and my living room. I had actually called before, and they did my carpeting. After the guy came out and gave me the price and showed me the product that I would be getting, I was satisfied with the price and went from there. The installation was excellent. The two people that came out did a very good job. I didn't have any problem. Everything that I needed done, they did. It was great. I'm satisfied with the flooring so far. I like the design of it and how small it is, you can't really see any lines. The way it was installed was perfect. It isn't tacky at all and it's perfect for me. It's a great product. I've had it for about a month now.

Original review: April 16, 2018

We had a hardwood floor installed in an office and we had a very good experience with Luna Flooring. Their cost was similar to the other companies we considered but we liked the service and the price was a little less. Also, they were very prompt and quick to the date that we needed it. A young man and a supervisor came and they were both very professional, pleasant, and quick to install. The flooring looks nice and it serves the purpose. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We contacted a couple of other places then we had three bids but my wife was pleased with the price that Luna Flooring offered. Also, the guy who came and talked to us about it was very helpful and friendly. Luna came out the lowest price-wise because we got discounts like signing up online and a couple of other things. We had carpeting installed throughout the house and it worries me a little bit that our two dogs go running around it and it sounds like their nails are going to rip it apart. The old carpet didn’t sound that way but it may be that it was so squished down but if we rip a hole, we’ll be calling them back. Still, we’d recommend them.

Original review: April 14, 2018

We had carpeting installed by Luna Flooring in one of our bedrooms. I was looking around at other brands, but I needed the flooring done quickly, so I posted something on Facebook and I got responses like, "Call Luna Flooring. They can usually do it in one day." I like that the flooring that we got installed is nice to walk on and it's very comfortable.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We had used Luna Flooring in the past in our other home. We actually got the whole home done at that time and we were happy with their service. We liked how quickly the flooring got installed. Also, we liked their product offerings and it's even better now that they finally have the regular porcelain tile because we had the laminate tile in our other home. So, we decided to use Luna Flooring again with this home that we just purchased four weeks ago. We had them install hardwood, tile, and carpet flooring in it. About 95% of this home was done and we just had a couple of bathrooms that we didn't have re-tiled. Of the flooring that we got this time, our favorite is the wood that's in 80% of our home.

Original review: April 12, 2018

We had carpet installed by Luna Flooring in specific rooms and in the hallway. Their cost was great compared to Lowe’s and it is still a good quality product. My favorite feature of the carpet was the color and the texture and the depth. We were very pleased with the product and the salesman. The whole experience was just perfect. I’ve never experienced nothing like this. I'd tell friends to try them out. I was surprised by how they did what they said. Everything was in writing and how the installers did what they’re supposed to have done.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Somebody told me that Luna and Empire were owned by the same company. It didn’t matter which one I went with and so I used Luna Flooring to install carpet in 3 bedrooms. The cost was good until somebody told me that I paid too much. Still, I like the carpet's color and stain resistance. Luna was efficient and their customer service was really good. They also install and deliver quick. Everybody was friendly, from the sales person to the installers. While they have good deals, I would still search around.

Original review: April 7, 2018

We had vinyl plank flooring installed by Luna in the family room. We also checked with one carpet-tile store nearby, and then we went online, saw Luna in it, and we were very pleased with it. We went with them because of all the discounts they threw in. We like the appearance of our flooring. Our experience was very positive. The installers did a really good job. They were very professional and respectful, and they cleaned up after. We are very satisfied.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I got my vinyl flooring through Luna and it was interesting because it was Pergo flooring that I was looking at. And I would’ve thought that the thickness would’ve been more with the Luna Flooring. I didn’t pay attention to the fact that it was thinner than that product. But I was looking for something with durability. I’ve had that flooring before. But the thickness was the only thing I wasn’t happy about. I just would’ve preferred it to be a little bit thicker. But the color matches very well with the rest of the flooring in the same level.

Luna was flexible. They were able to come out when I needed them to come out. They were able to provide me with the estimates. The individual who provided me with that estimate was also professional. For me, it’s about the service that I had received at the time that I’m trying to get something done and she was able to accommodate my needs. She was also there a little bit earlier than expected, which was great because I was hoping she could be a little flexible with her time. My appointments had all ran early and she was the last one for that day and I only had one day to talk to everybody. Overall experience was a good one for me personally.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Luna Flooring's price was better than other companies' price, so I had them install a carpet in the lower level of my home. The carpet has met my expectations. Its color is nice and pretty. Luna Flooring is a good company.

Original review: April 3, 2018

This is the absolute worst company I have ever done business with! Beware-once they have your money it is near impossible to reach anyone if you have trouble and we had massive issues!! The first time they came out they had the wrong product so we had to reschedule. The second time they came out they tire up the tile we had but didn’t put up any plastic. As a result we had white dust covering everything in our house. They did not have enough product to finish and they did not do the floor correctly so it clacked like plastic when you walked on it. They promised they would come out the next day and finish the floor and never did and it was 1:30 PM in the afternoon before I learned no one would be coming.

I was supposed to be on VIP status because we are having a wedding at my house this Thursday and it is 12:21 pm and no one is here nor can I get anyone I spoke with yesterday to call me back after 12 calls and 12 voicemails. They have given us a credit but that does not make up for the lack of customer service from this company. I will be speaking to the Better Business Bureau as well as letting everyone I know know what service I have not received and how bad this experience has been and how stressful I am feeling right now. The funny thing is it was just a 350 square-foot job in the kitchen and dining room so it wasn’t even a big job. I tried calling the salesperson numerous times and he has never called me back. I guess once they get your money they really don’t care! How sad!!! I am giving one star since zero does not affect the overall rating!!! I wonder if this review will get a reaction and someone will call me? I hope so!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Luna Flooring had a sale going on at the time that I wanted new tiles for my kitchen. When the sales person came in, he explained the materials and offered me a good sale. The reps were knowledgeable and very helpful. Then the guys who came in to lay the flooring did a very excellent job. They have good workmanship and they went on and did their business. I like the color, material and appearance of the tiles. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: April 2, 2018

We had a vinyl plank flooring installed by Luna in our entire home. We like the waterproof nature of the product. The installation crew did a very nice job, and they were respectful of our properties. We are very pleased.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Consumers thinking about using Luna Flooring in the Frederick MD area should read this review and be aware. I had a not so satisfying experience with Luna. There is a sales guy named Les that you should avoid. He uses high pressure sales tactics to get your business really quickly by telling you that you will miss out one deals like the 70% off deal unless you agree to install your flooring within that week. He also is a rookie that does not do a good consultation. He overlooked some key things that needed to be addressed in order for the job I needed done to be done properly. I called him and asked him if he missed these key things. He assured me he didn't and that the installers could handle the work that I needed.

Well the day the installers walked in they immediately saw that thing that the salesperson told me that they could handle with no problem and the installers told me that they could not handle that job and that other things would need to be done, much of which they are not allow to do. This salesperson Les actually lies to you just to get your business. I ended up not getting all the work done that I needed them to do but I still have to pay close to what they originally quoted me. On the day of my installation when all of the problems arose and I needed the salesperson the most, he was not available although we called him repeatedly. We chose the financing option and the installers showed up and asked for cash on delivery. They actually asked me for all of the money upfront. I told them that I chose the financing option and thus, I don't have to pay for the job upfront.

They called the home office to verify but this was annoying because Luna should have their business together. It's been a few days and I still don't know what my payments will be for the flooring we had installed, this tells you how bad this salesperson is. However, he assured me that my payments would be low or close to the amount I want my payments to be. Again, I now recognize this was a ploy just to get my business. Again, he told multiple lies. Bottomline is that this person was likely trained by Luna and is a accurate representation of the character of the company. I want to spare you of the agony we went through. Think long and hard about dealing with Luna. If you live in the Frederick, MD area, do not let them assign a guy named Les to be your salesperson.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Luna Flooring provided good service. I had them install carpet in three of the bedrooms and in the hallway of our home. I really like its light gray color. It cost more but the installation was great. And they came when they said they would. The only thing is when they put my bed back together, I see now that they didn’t put two of the screws back in, so now my bed is loose.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Luna Flooring installed laminate floors everywhere in our home except for the kitchen and bathroom. They checked up a lot to make sure that everything was okay during the process. And there was a small issue but they did everything possible to try and rectify it. I really like the color of my new flooring, but I still don’t know how to clean it. And I was going to try and look it up but I really haven’t had the time to call on and find out how to clean it.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We purchased laminate wood floor from Luna Flooring and we had them install in the living room about a month ago. Luna's cost and quality compared favorably which is why we went with them. Their reps were excellent. We got a price more in line with what we were looking for and there was a slight problem. They put down white quarter so I called customer service and they came back the next day and swapped those out for matching oak ones. It looks beautiful and I'm very, very happy with everything. I would tell my friends to feel very comfortable going with Luna.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I went online and scheduled an appointment with Luna Flooring. I was able to get $200 off because I did that. The rep was on time, was very friendly, knowledgeable on all the products and took his time. He was here for almost two hours and made sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. He was very fast to take all the measurements and walked us through the process. He helped us set up the financing and then helped us get our installation day scheduled.

The installation crew was fantastic. They were polite, walked us through how the flooring was going to get installed, which direction it was going, why that direction works, how long they were going to take. They cut and cleaned up after themselves. They were very respectful and very informative. I love the Engineered hardwood flooring and it was really great to have them install it.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I had a carpet and laminate floors installed by Luna and the flooring is holding up well. I knew I wasn't getting the top of the line and I knew what to expect. Luna's service was good. It was like a turn-key. I scheduled it on the phone and then got updates through email and text the day before and day of the installation. They showed up on time and they had all the materials. They were detail oriented. They left things clean and took away all the old stuff. Luna also had a financing which is pretty nice and I'm using that too. I got the bill from Wells Fargo which is their local financing. Overall Luna is easy to work with and affordable.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Luna's installers were great and we had a really positive experience all around. We had laminate flooring put in an office area and also the dining and living room areas in our house. We really like the color. We had carpeting in prior, so everything feels and looks cleaner. Also, we looked around a little bit for other brands but Luna came in with the best price.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The Empire guy was a jerk, but I liked Luna Flooring's sales representative. I purchased a soft carpet from Luna and I'd recommend them.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Luna Flooring's pricing was reasonable. And I had somebody who used them before and had a good experience, so I had them install base carpet in my home as well. I like the color selection that they offered. They were quick and efficient, and the product is great. They also answered any questions I had.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I had Luna Flooring install carpet and flooring in our living room. I wasn’t in any rush to get the carpet done but the salesperson insisted that it could be done in a few days. However, I was contacted and was told that they didn’t have the product that I ordered so that was a little disheartening. Nevertheless, the flooring was nice. It matches the model flooring we have in our house today. The installation was great but the sales process was a little unsettling.

Luna Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Luna Flooring is a popular Illinois flooring company with locations in Deerfield, Lake Zurich and Oakbrook Terrace. Luna sells well-known flooring brands like Mohawk, Shaw, Stainmaster, Armstrong and more at discount prices. With their 110 percent price guarantee and Love Your Floors Promise, Luna will work hard to make sure you love your new floors.

• Flooring options: WIth carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile flooring options to choose from, you’re sure to find the right flooring for your home or business.

• Free in-home appointment: It’s important to see potential flooring options in your own home, with your lighting and furniture around it. A Luna representative will bring samples to your house and talk you through your options, at no cost to you. You can reserve your free appointment on Luna’s website.

• Financing: If you qualify and spend more than $630, you can receive a special financing promotion of either 12 months no interest or 48 months with a special rate of 9.99 percent APR.

• Love Your Floors Promise: Luna guarantees you’ll love your floors or they’ll give you a free replacement, up to 30 days after your installation.

• 110 percent low price guarantee: Luna promises to beat their competitor’s prices, and if they can’t, they’ll refund you 110 percent of the difference. Just bring in a written estimate from a competitor selling the same product.

• Best for: people who want a low-cost, quality flooring option in the state of Illinois.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Luna Flooring questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
Luna wants you to Love Your Floors! Luna has the latest styles and colors of carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile. Reserve your FREE In-Home appointment today by calling (855)207-5937. During your appointment, a flooring professional will show you samples, answer questions, measure your room for free, and provide a price estimate.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Love Your Floors Promise™
Because we’re so confident you’ll love your new floors, Luna offers a 30-day Love Your Floors Promise™ on all carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile flooring. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll provide a new color or style of flooring of your choice… for free!

110% Low Price Guarantee
We’ll beat any competitor’s price or refund 110% of the difference.

Financing Options
Luna offers financing options to help you love your floors today without paying for it all now (on approved credit). Just ask your flooring professional for details. It’s easy to apply during your in-home appointment.

2 Year Limited Installation Warranty
At Luna, we stand by the quality of our workmanship. Should further installation service attributable to the original installation of your flooring be required within 2 years, Luna will return and provide that service at no cost to you.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
With Luna, new floors are easy and affordable! Shop for new floors at home, receive free room measurements, and professional installation at your convenience. We back all our floors by a 110% Low Price Guarantee, 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty, and a Love Your Floors Promise™.
How does your company measure success?
At Luna, we want you to be satisfied with your new floors. That’s why we offer a 30-day Love Your Floors Promise™ on all on all carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile flooring. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll provide a new color or style of flooring of your choice… for free!
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
“If I install floors myself, I’ll save a great deal of money.” This is a common misconception with new floors that can lead to costly repairs and lasting problems. Purchasing from Luna can save precious time and money in the long run. Additionally, Luna offers convenient financing options and a 110% Low Price Guarantee† for budget-conscious homeowners.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
Major innovations in the flooring manufacturing process have produced some of the most durable, stylish, and easy to clean floors to date. Luna takes pride in the floors we sell, therefore we continuously update our carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile selections so you can be sure you’re shopping for the latest and greatest flooring available.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
Getting new floors you love is so much easier with Luna. Shop for new floors at home, receive free room measurements, and professional installation at your convenience.
Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
Luna Flooring is a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited company.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Luna has helped homeowners update their floors for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners looking for new floors.

Luna Flooring Company Information