4.2/5 (68 ratings)

About Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring offers a variety of flooring solutions, including tile, hardwood and carpet, and performs quick installations. The company offers free quotes on its website and has financing options available.

Pros

• Fast installations
  • Free quotes
  • Financing available
  • Online discounts

Cons

• Few locations
  • Prices only available with consultation

Bottom Line

Luna is an established flooring retailer offering sales and installation of carpet, hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile floors. Free quotes and in-home design consultations are available. Check Luna’s website for coupons.

Top Luna Flooring Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

My wife enjoyed Luna Flooring's service. We had the carpet installed in the living and dining rooms and the laminate on the front entry hallway. The carpeting is stain-resistant a...

Verified

… I took a couple quotes, and Luna's came in the best… they were very quick about it and I was impressed with how fast they got the old stuff out and gone. They were very friendly...

What is Luna?

Luna is a retailer and installer that offers multiple flooring options, including carpet, laminate and hardwood. The company is headquartered in Illinois, but sales and installation services are available nationwide through its network of independent contractors. Book an in-home appointment online, and your floor could be installed within a day of purchase. Coupons, promotions and financing information are available on Luna’s website.

Luna carpet and flooring options

To get started with Luna Flooring, book an in-home appointment to preview samples of carpeting, hardwood, laminate, vinyl or tile. During your design consultation, your sales representative walks you through available choices, such as carpet colors or vinyl plank flooring stains and patterns. Luna also provides several options for hardwood floors, laminate and tile — for example, its catalog includes RevWood, a waterproof and highly scratch-resistant laminate flooring for busy households and pet owners.

Your Luna sales representative helps you choose the products that are right for your home and provides customized pricing based on square footage. Floors are professionally installed as soon as one day after purchase. All installations are covered by a limited two-year warranty.

Luna prices

Pricing for Luna flooring products is only available with a consultation. Quotes are free and can be scheduled online or over the phone. Installation is included in the cost, and flooring products cannot be sold for do-it-yourself installation. Luna includes rearranging, old floor removal and cleanup in the price.

Luna FAQ

Are Luna and Empire the same company?
Luna and Empire were rivaling retailers until Empire purchased Luna in 2012, but the two still operate as distinct brands.
Does Luna move furniture?
Yes, Luna moves furniture to install carpeting. The cost of moving furniture, removing old flooring and hauling away debris is included in the installation price.
How much is Luna flooring installation?
Installation is included in the cost of flooring. Request a free quote for customized pricing.
Is Luna carpet hypoallergenic?
Luna offers some hypoallergenic options. Ask your Luna professional which material is right for you.
Where is Luna located?
Luna is based out of Illinois and has five showroom locations in the Chicago area. However, Luna has a network of independent contractors that provide sales and installation services across the U.S.

Is Luna any good?

Yes, Luna is a good option for homeowners who need to have flooring installed. Luna offers a variety of flooring types and styles, including carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile options. With products at multiple price points, it helps customers find the style and quality of flooring that’s right for their home. Schedule a free in-home consultation to see samples, receive custom pricing and learn more about Luna’s fast, professional installations.

Luna Flooring Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: May 5, 2022

I had a very good experience with Luna Flooring. The salesperson was very good because I explained to him exactly what I was looking for and he was able to show me exactly things he thought I might like. I mentioned that I'd had some other previous offers as well and he gave me a pretty good deal on the floors that I had. I had one issue though, 'cause the people scheduling to do the floors kept leading me on. They install for a number of companies, including Empire. The guy even called and said, "This is Empire."

I scheduled with the salesperson, but the installers didn't show up in the time frame that I had. They called me once and said it was gonna be another time frame. I stayed home all day thinking it was gonna be done till late in the evening and I was told, "We could still come." The guy said they had problems with the other house they were at. I didn't want some guy that was tired and already frustrated from a house that they've already been working and they had a hard time with to come and try to do my work at 7:00 at night. They said they went ahead and scheduled me for the next day. I wound up calling the salesman back. He didn't have anything to do with that, but he said to give him a call back if it didn't get done the next day. I didn't have to call him back though.

The installers came out the next day and installed my flooring. They did a great job. The only thing is the picture of the floor seemed lighter prior to being installed then after install, it seemed like it was much darker, but maybe that was just the lighting. We have wood floors downstairs in my foyer, kitchen, bathroom and hall. The luxury vinyl and wood floors feel different. I'm used to the wood floors, then I feel the texture, but it's good. The texture of those floors have to be discussed since it's in a bathroom and you don't want something really slippery. It makes sense that it was a different texture, but that caught me off guard too. I was thinking more like the real wood floors that I had in the other part of the house.

Get buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I liked Luna's quality, and price since I'm retired. The salesperson was outstanding. She called to tell me she was on her way. It was a lot of traffic going on. And she kept apologizing for not being able to make it in time. I said, “Well, you can't help the traffic.” Plus, it started raining, so that slowed everything up. But when she got here, she was very apologetic. She asked us what we had in mind, and dropped the samples out. I was still looking for something. She could tell I wasn't completely satisfied. And she said, “I have other samples if you like.” I felt bad because she brought in so many. I said, “Oh, my goodness. Let me help you.” “No, no, no, I'm fine.” It was that last one she brought in that did the trick.

I had carpeting installed on the whole hallway and the stairs. The people that Luna sent out were very professional and did a superb job. The installers were here on time. It was raining and they were very careful to go on the side because they didn't want to track water in the house. Also, they were very detailed. They let us know what they were going to do and proceeded to do the work.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

My brother had used Luna and my mom did also. So I felt safe that I was going to be getting a good price for what I was getting. I had a good experience with my salesperson. I didn't like the way my current hardwood looked because it's a darker color and he said if we go lighter, it will show as much dirt because I have dogs. So I felt good about that.

I had these two installers. They were the best. My salesperson told me it was going to take four days for it to get done. I was really stressing doing my whole house. Because it wasn't like I was doing just one room. I said, “Where am I going to put everything?” When those two guys walked in, I said, “There's no way they're going to be able to move all my bedroom furniture and get this done. You're gonna have to hire more people to do this.” But it was done in one and a half days. They were awesome. They did a fantastic job.

I had one room on the first floor. Then I have five bedrooms on the upstairs, plus the stairs and the hallway. It was six rooms and the stairs and the hallway. They worked hard. They stayed the first day till 6:30. Then the second day, they were out by 3 o'clock. Everything looks really good. I love the color I picked. They even did the quarter round around the edges. So far, I like everything. I'm hoping it stays nice for a long time.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

We got carpeting from Luna Flooring and everything seemed to go very well. The installers were very good and very quick. We got carpeting from Luna flooring and everything seemed to go very well. I had the carpet installed in the stairs going to the second floor, as well as the entire second floor except the bathroom. There were some scheduling issues at one point because of the rain but it was not their fault. It was frustrating but it was not like they could control the rain. There was also one time when they couldn't get to my garage and do their cutting because the city had decided that day to block off the driveway and repave things. And I had no idea it was even going to happen. It wasn't a good experience when that happened and trying to reschedule after that was not fun. But I'm very happy with the end product.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I was extremely satisfied with Luna's product, with the installers, and with the value. But after I ordered the flooring, I didn't have to but I took everything out of the house for the installation. Then they canceled not even to 24 hours before they were supposed to be there and said they didn't have the product. Bu I already had the house emptied, I had major surgery scheduled for upcoming, and I didn't react well. I felt like they didn't want to help me after that and I couldn't talk to anybody for a couple of weeks.

So, I ended up having to have the floor installed the day after my surgery and I didn't feel like they were very flexible. But in retrospect, I think I just alienated the girl. I wasn't swearing, I was just rude and I couldn't really blame her. It was not her fault. So, we rescheduled the installation. Then, I canceled it and I apologized to her. And then, they came in the following week. So, it was a really big hassle and I had to move the furniture three times. But if they would have just called and let me know it was being canceled 48 hours before the installation, then I wouldn't have emptied out the house. I could have still handled it a lot better. They got a high quality product relative to other people around me and their installers were awesome. I also did my carpet with Luna eight years ago and that went great.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

They were very professional. My rep was understanding and nice. She explained stuff. I got laminate floors done in the living room and dining room. The installation went great and I love the new flooring. It's easy to clean.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I got hardwood floors from Luna Flooring which were put in my family room and I like them. We use Bruce and a soft cloth mop to clean them and they're very easy to clean. When I had them installed, the installers worked without stopping and were really good. They got here around 8:00 and they were gone by lunchtime. The scheduling was also done in a timely fashion. Even the sales lady that came here was very professional and she was willing to work with me. I'm thinking about using Luna Flooring again for my lower level when I pay off this one.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We had vinyl flooring put in the kitchen and carpet put in the basement. The installers were very neat and cordial. They cleaned up after themselves. They had a hard time in the basement and there was some glue on the floor underneath the carpet. They spent eight hours to pull the old carpet up. They struggled with that, but they did a great job. Luna is probably the best company in the market.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Luna Flooring is a bit cheaper. Also, the installers got done sooner than they said they would. I like the new flooring. I would recommend Luna.

Original review: July 2, 2022

The guy who came out, Darryl, was very personal and because of him and his personality, I chose to go with Luna Flooring. He was very knowledgeable and explained everything to me. I had my living room and kitchen floor laid down. I got the luxury plank vinyl and the floors look good. I would refer others to Luna and call Darryl.

Luna Flooring Company Information