Call toll free
4.33/5
Based on 166 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to remodel your floors? Shop at Home for carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile you will love. Luna Flooring provides a variety of flooring options in order to help you choose the one that works best with your home’s lighting and décor. A Luna flooring professional will help you select the right floors, discuss financing options and installation. Reserve a FREE in-home appointment today or call (855)207-5937 to get started.

⚫⚫⚫ WHY LUNA ⚫⚫⚫

INSTALLING FLOORS SINCE 1958

Luna has helped homeowners update their homes for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners.

LATEST STYLES FROM TOP BRANDS

Whether the look of your home is traditional or contemporary, Luna offers a wide variety of the latest styles and colors of flooring, from brands you know and trust.

PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION

Luna believes in quality workmanship. Professional installers will also handle the details, such as moving your furniture, taking up and hauling away your old floor, and installing the floors you love.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have questions? Our flooring professionals and friendly customer service team are here to help you - even after the installation.

⚫⚫⚫ SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE ⚫⚫⚫

With Luna’s warranties and financing options, you get the floors you love, professionally installed, all for a great price.

✔ Love Your Floors Promise™*

✔ 110% Low Price Guarantee†

✔ Financing Options

✔ 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty‡

✔ Sales and Coupons

*30-day product only limited replacement warranty (equal value or less). Details at Luna.com/FloorsPromise.

† Competitor’s written estimate required. We’ll beat the price or refund you 110% of the difference. Additional conditions apply. Details at Luna.com/LowPriceGuarantee.

‡ Details at Luna.com/Warranties.

Experienced independent contractors provide sales and installation services. Licensure at Luna.com.

© 21st Century Flooring, LLC dba Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

168 Luna Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 8, 2018

I liked Luna Flooring's selection much better than some of the other companies I had an appointment with. They also offered the best deal for the laminate in the kitchen and carpet in the living room with a little bit on the walk-in at the front door. I was looking for a particular color and was able to find something that matched up with what I wanted perfectly. The carpet is very soft, plush, and nice to walk on which is good. I live in an older home and the baseboards and the woodwork is natural wood color, and we were able to match the laminates to the existing woodwork almost perfectly. It was amazing.

The installers were wonderful as well, particularly Roman. He was the gentleman who installed the laminate in the kitchen and he was fantastic. He was so polite, conscientious, very detailed-orientated and professional. He did a beautiful job installing the laminate and he cleaned up after himself. The place looked better than it did before he came in the house. It was awesome. The carpet guys were great too as well as they cleaned up after themselves but Roman was more personable.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 30, 2018

The installation started on 6/18. They did not complete one room. The 3 installers showed up late morning. The one in charge left the 2 and did not return until about 6 pm. Around 8:40 pm they claimed they ran out of material and would return on 6/23. Today is June 30th and I am still waiting. I get the runaround on the phone, the clock is ticking. Luna FINISH THE JOB!

Luna Flooring response

We're disappointed to hear that you feel this way, Garnetta! We'll be following up with you soon to discuss your concerns.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2018

I called Luna to get a second estimate on carpet. I decided to use them. They told me a date 06/07/2018. No one called to set up a time so I called. 2 hours later I get an automatic call back stating they will be there by noon. About 1 I called back. 2 hours later they called and said, "We are at your house but the lady said she was not expecting carpet." Of course they were at the wrong house. 30 minutes later they showed up and proceeded to get the carpet done. Ohh oops not enough carpet ordered so now he tells me he will be back the next day around 10-11. I agreed.

So on 06/08 he shows up close to 12 stating traffic was bad. When he finished I saw seams and asked why. Now please understand I speak English and he spoke Spanish. So language barrier from day 1. Of course I am walking bare feet on the carpet trying not to mess anything up when my foot gets stuck. Hhhmm so what’s this. I started feeling around on the floor and get cut by nails. Come on. Why are these nails up?? I called them and they said, "We will get back with you in 24 hours." Well no call so. So I called them back and then was told that someone would be getting back to me today. Well that was on 06/25 and to this date no one has called. I will be calling back. And I will follow up when this situation has been completed. But right now the service has been horrible.

Frances,
We know delays can be frustrating, and we apologize for your experience. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Thank you.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I had two companies lined up up for the same day. I saw Luna Flooring's offer online. They had an online promotion that was marketed very well. They had a timeframe and so did the other company. Luna was there on time and the other company wanted to push me off to a later time and it wasn't gonna work. They tried to reschedule with me and I said, "You know what, Luna came out, were very professional and I wanna go with them."

The sales rep initially was awesome, very knowledgeable, heard what we were saying so didn't try to go in another direction on us, but they gave us options. We did have a little difficulty the day of the carpet installation. They were late, past the timeframe, but I expressed my concern and Luna took care of it right away. It turned out they got stuck in traffic but once they were here, they were very respectful and professional. The carpeting meets our needs and we're satisfied with it. From start to finish, I would recommend Luna to everyone.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We just got new basement carpeting from Luna Flooring and I had a great experience. We considered a local shop for the purchase but we went with Luna because of the price. The carpeting was very affordable compared to the standard builder grade and only $100 more for the Berber, which was attractive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: June 20, 2018

I had an excellent experience with Luna Flooring and if you're looking then consider them. They were willing to negotiate and the sales person was extremely professional. I’m sure some of the other places would have negotiated the cost as well but we knew that Luna were gonna be quick about it. And we just liked their product and heard a lot of good things about them. We had the light proof flooring laid in our home. It’s also water proof, scratch proof and it looks great. I would definitely recommend Luna.

Original review: June 19, 2018

There was a sale going on at that time and I appreciated the fact that Luna responded right away and the salesperson came out to our house right away. He was extremely professional. We're extremely detailed, so I had a lot of questions and just wanted to know the process. And he was very patient. He answered everything. And he wasn't rushing. The installers were like well-oiled machines. They knew exactly what they were doing. It's like they had it down to a science and they were excellent. We inspected everything they did and looked at everything, and they did a great job. I love the color of the carpet. The padding is very comfortable and very soft to walk on. We're just very pleased with it. It's definitely exceeded our expectation.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The installers did a great job installing the oak flooring from Luna in our home. But I was told that the aluminum oxide coating would make this flooring scratch and water resistant. And I’ve asked more than once for Luna Flooring to give me the paperwork describing this. Their quote was $500 more than the quote I got from another place, so I was willing to pay extra for the water and scratch resistance. I have yet to receive anything about it. But everything else was fine.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I got stairs hardwood on my stairs and one of my main living room through Luna Flooring. I like both the representative for the consultation as well as the promotion that was going on at that time so I decided to go with them. I have hardwood in my kitchen and in my bathrooms already, so it was a perfect match which was good and shocking because it was a different manufacturer but it matched. I like that way it came out. The installation guys came and showed up on time. They worked hard, didn’t take any breaks and they finished and cleaned up after themselves. They did a really good job. The flooring has exceeded my expectations. I recommended Luna Flooring to my sister. I appreciated the service gentleman and the contractors that came out. So, the service was what I recommended.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We got Luna last year in one room and I just wanted to finish up the house. We had them again and they installed carpet in three different rooms. They did a good job of negotiating and working the last time and they did this time as well. My husband was very pleased with their reps. The new flooring met my expectations and my favorite was definitely the color. I would definitely recommend them to a friend. We had a good experience throughout.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I had Luna Flooring in my front room, dining room, and a bedroom and in the hallway about seven years ago. I went with them again and had them for my kitchen flooring and a bedroom flooring, one laminated and one waterproof. The reps at Luna gave me a hard time because they said the floor was gonna be installed one day and it wasn't. And then they said it was asbestos on the floor but when they checked it and had the job open about two weeks, there wasn't any asbestos on the floor. The guy that came over said, "How could they even say that there was asbestos on the floor?" It was a little nerve-racking. That kind of held me up and I was kind of disappointed with that.

Then, one lady told me that she was gonna give a gift for my trouble but that never happened. I didn't like the customer service at all. They weren't honest with talking to me. If I say I'm gonna pay, I'm gonna pay. And I believe business just has to be business. Do what you say, that was what I was looking for. But the installers were fast and punctual. They put things back and cleaned up real well. Also, our floor looks good and so I'm satisfied with that.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The first sales guy from Luna flooring was a little rude, but he supposedly had quit the company two weeks after he came out to our house which might explain why he just wasn't very good. Then the second guy that they had come out was a really nice guy. I went with the cheapest carpet and the installation in my home was okay. However, the actual product stinks in my eyes. But I wasn’t buying it as a great quality carpet. Other than that, Luna has great customer service with having the second guy and very quick turnaround.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I like Luna Flooring's reputation. And it was easy to schedule everything with them. Everything was initiated online and then the contractor stopped by just to take a look at the premises, and then we conducted the sales negotiation. I purchased hardwood and this was put in one room. I knew exactly what I wanted, and they delivered what I wanted. They met my expectations. Luna did everything and the installation team was professional. Others should check Luna out and compare with another service provider, and see if they meet their needs.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had laminate flooring installed by Luna Flooring. I got a ton of different estimates including Empire, 50 Floor and Carpetland, and they were all much higher, or the product wasn’t as nice for the price. I went with Luna Flooring and had a sales rep, Jordan, come by several times. I’m surprised he even put up with me, so he was awesome. And then their customer service over the phone was good. The installers did everything perfectly, and they were very professional, fast, and they cleaned up. A different crew came back the second day to finish upstairs, and I pointed out how the lady who was in charge the first day told me that they would staple back this cable wire that they had pulled apart in the living room, dining room, and kitchen. So they went to Wal-Mart to get the staple things to do that for me. They were wonderful and I couldn’t be happier with them.

I would brag about how great Luna Flooring is. I would definitely tell my friends to use the sales rep that I had. Luna is also definitely the best value because the product is so wonderful and better than I expected. I expected that when I would walk on the flooring, it would be very loud, but Luna's product has like a shock-absorber under it. It’s amazing.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I'm very pleased with Luna. They were very personable and they care about what they do. I like the person who came and showed us the various samples. He suggested the lighter grouting and so that really makes the laminate flooring pop. It looks really nice and it was solid. I like the color and it just blends in when we had our kitchen redone.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We’re getting ready to sell our home, and we had Luna Flooring install carpet. The price is right and their customer service representatives contacted me three times through the process. They did good, and the guys delivering the carpet called several times to let us know when they were on their way. And the guys who installed the carpet did a great job. They were courteous, got the job done quickly, and cleaned up after themselves.

Original review: June 5, 2018

We love the hardwood floors installed by Luna Flooring. They called me because we had used them in the past for some insurance replacement work, and offered me a good deal. So we went with them. However, the sales guy gave me one price but when the guys came out to do the install, they said that a lot more work was required than what they were told. And I said, “Well, more work typically means more money”, and they're like, “Yeah”. So then they called the headquarters and in the end, it was an additional $900. We had to get the floor down because we’re trying to get our house listed to be able to sell it. So they had me and it was very upsetting.

Their customer service told me they were sorry, and they took $100 off of it. And I had no choice so I told them to do it. Other than that, the flooring is beautiful. The product is great, it looks durable, and it really makes my house look a lot nicer. And the guys who did the install were very professional and nice people. They said they were really sorry. But I kept telling them that my anger was towards the sales guy. To get thrown that curveball on the day of the install put a really bad taste in my mouth. And I'd tell others to be careful of the sales guy and to make sure their sales guy understands the project fully and that he really inspects for what it is that’s being done.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My sister-in-law and her husband owned several apartment buildings and they’ve used Luna Flooring on different occasions and said it’s fine. And I went to brick and mortar stores, and I was not really super-pleased. After three brick and mortars, I decided to call my girlfriend, my sister-in-law and a couple people and got the old “Luna’s fine”. So I had Luna come out to the house. Their salesman is a wonderful man. And the installers who did the carpeting were nice and did a beautiful job.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Luna Flooring installed our carpeting. I considered other local businesses at first but Luna price matched the quote that the others gave. And the carpeting is elegant to the property. I'd recommend Luna.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The sales person who claimed he was the manager came out to my house yesterday when I asked for a quote. He never brought samples, he told me he had carpeted townhouses in my area before, he said the sale ended yesterday if I wanted a discount. I told him I wanted a quote please, he was there a total of 4 minutes, and told me when I was serious give him a call. He never looked at the entire house, he did nothing to show he was interested in my business. I would NEVER use Luna even if they were giving it away for free. He was rude, pushing and was not even interested in my business unless I signed a contract. Good luck with that Luna. You stink. He quoted some off the wall price.

Karen,

Thank you for making us aware of this matter. We'll be looking into this right away.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I'm very happy with the man that installed the laminate flooring in my living and dining rooms. Luna Flooring was timely in coming out and how long they were here. They were very careful, especially with my china cabinet. Before I could caution them on it, they had already moved it with no breakage at all. I love my floors and it was within my budget. I got a good deal out of it. I have waited long to do it and now that I've got it I am very happy. But there is one spot on the archway from my living room to my dining room where my doorbell wiring runs under the flooring. And when you stand on that spot or someone walks on the dining room to the living room and vice versa, the doorbell rings. I hope they can correct it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I had laminated hardwood installed by Luna Flooring and it's nice. The team who prepared it was great and nice as well.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I called Luna and Empire. But once Luna came I cancelled Empire because I liked the deal I was getting with Luna based on the price and the quality. I wanted the carpet, but it didn’t have it in that color. I wanted the stain protector and all that. It was all in the earth tone colors and that, but it wasn’t in the grade that I purchased. I wanted black. I had Luna install carpet at the house's lower level and the two guys who came in and installed were quick and professional. Two people asked me about my carpet before and I had told them I had Luna. Both of them asked how it turned out this time. I was like, “Great.” And they called the same guy that came to my house and got carpet as well.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I looked at a lot of different options online and read consumer reports and Luna Flooring had the the best value with the best results. The floors are beautiful, I have no complaints and we're very happy with them. Plus, the guys who put in the floors were terrific. We even took pictures of them standing with the floor because we wanted to remember to say thank you. It was a wonderful experience and I've already recommended them.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I've always seen Luna Flooring advertised on TV. I have a rug from them installed in the den and another one in the bathroom. They look good and are very nice. They seemed to be appropriately priced as well. The reps from this company were also great. Everything went fine with Luna Flooring and I’m very pleased with it all.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Going with Luna was the easiest option. We have laminate flooring installed by them in our living room, dining room, and hall. The flooring has been good, and it is not carpet and does not stain. Luna, however, was very reluctant. Where I live, I don't exactly own this place. And they wanted just a statement that Luna is licensed and bonded. I had a terrible time getting that out of them. It was very frustrating -- many emails, many phone calls. I was getting whole lots of people, and they all said they'd do it but they didn't until I threatened to just cancel the whole thing. Nevertheless, I am satisfied.

Original review: May 24, 2018

A friend of mine suggested Luna Flooring to me and the reps that I dealt with were good. I got flooring installed in the kitchen and the installation crew was very good as well. I was very happy with the way everything turned out.

Original review: May 23, 2018

LUNA NIGHTMARE. Luna arrived at my new home and the employee immediately notified me that he did not have enough materials but he would start the job. That day he left when 80% of the job was done and he could not confirm that they would come the next day to finish. Both he and I contacted the company. I contacted a customer rep named Stephanie. Stephanie seemed concerned and promised to follow up with the problem but she did not. This is two days after the work was started and NO ONE from Luna has called me back. I have sent five emails and left numerous voicemail message. What kind of company starts a job and then simply drops its duty to the customer. If for some sad reason you go with Luna, do not pay in full because they will treat you like garbage once they have all your money.

Viola,
We're sorry to hear that your installation was not completed as scheduled. We'll be further viewing your concerns, and we'll be in touch with you soon.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Luna Flooring installed a carpet for me in two levels of my house. Luna's salesperson was very effective, except for one thing. I was going to get the financing for one year until I learned that Wells Fargo was the bank and I decided that Wells Fargo is not a bank that I wanna deal with. So I paid for my purchase with another credit card and that worked out, except that I ended up getting a credit card from Wells Fargo that I didn’t want. Compared to the price of the carpet at 50 Floor and Home Depot, I got a very good price and good quality with the carpet of Luna Flooring. Also, the carpet is comfortable. I don’t plan to be in the house very much longer, but the carpet needed to be replaced and it’s great that someone can move in without having to replace it.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 22, 2018

The sales rep was a great rep, but the installers are who messed everything up. Mind you I took a day off for them to come out. First of all they didn't even show up on time. They didn't even have enough carpet to complete the install. Prior to the install they measured the room and told me they couldn't do it because they didn't have enough carpet. I called in to customer care whom didn't care. Called my rep who notified his manager named Dee who gave me a call days later. She was telling me that it's not their fault, and it didn't make sense they didn't have enough carpet.

I asked for compensation to no avail and she would not refund my deposit. So I asked to speak to her boss whose name is Kevin **, which he is the BIGGEST ** there is. There is no reasoning with him. He stated that I concocted this whole thing up with the installers to try to get something out of the company. Then stated that I am "lucky" that they are not charging me for them being short (mind you they took pictures of the layout and drew the layout and took laser measurements).

He also stated that they won't be charging me for having to come out again which was their fault to begin with. I demanded that I get my money back and he refused nor would he compensate me for my time for having to take the day off. He was very rude and condescending. In the end he told me these exact words, "I am refunding your $200. Take it and go shop elsewhere". Worst company with the worst service. How could you even trust their warranty if their customer service is **?

Rabea,
We know delays can be frustrating, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be further reviewing your concerns.

Luna Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Luna Flooring is a popular Illinois flooring company with locations in Deerfield, Lake Zurich and Oakbrook Terrace. Luna sells well-known flooring brands like Mohawk, Shaw, Stainmaster, Armstrong and more at discount prices. With their 110 percent price guarantee and Love Your Floors Promise, Luna will work hard to make sure you love your new floors.

• Flooring options: WIth carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile flooring options to choose from, you’re sure to find the right flooring for your home or business.

• Free in-home appointment: It’s important to see potential flooring options in your own home, with your lighting and furniture around it. A Luna representative will bring samples to your house and talk you through your options, at no cost to you. You can reserve your free appointment on Luna’s website.

• Financing: If you qualify and spend more than $630, you can receive a special financing promotion of either 12 months no interest or 48 months with a special rate of 9.99 percent APR.

• Love Your Floors Promise: Luna guarantees you’ll love your floors or they’ll give you a free replacement, up to 30 days after your installation.

• 110 percent low price guarantee: Luna promises to beat their competitor’s prices, and if they can’t, they’ll refund you 110 percent of the difference. Just bring in a written estimate from a competitor selling the same product.

• Best for: people who want a low-cost, quality flooring option in the state of Illinois.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini

Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Luna Flooring questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
Luna wants you to Love Your Floors! Luna has the latest styles and colors of carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile. Reserve your FREE In-Home appointment today by calling (855)207-5937. During your appointment, a flooring professional will show you samples, answer questions, measure your room for free, and provide a price estimate.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Love Your Floors Promise™
Because we’re so confident you’ll love your new floors, Luna offers a 30-day Love Your Floors Promise™ on all carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile flooring. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll provide a new color or style of flooring of your choice… for free!

110% Low Price Guarantee
We’ll beat any competitor’s price or refund 110% of the difference.

Financing Options
Luna offers financing options to help you love your floors today without paying for it all now (on approved credit). Just ask your flooring professional for details. It’s easy to apply during your in-home appointment.

2 Year Limited Installation Warranty
At Luna, we stand by the quality of our workmanship. Should further installation service attributable to the original installation of your flooring be required within 2 years, Luna will return and provide that service at no cost to you.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
With Luna, new floors are easy and affordable! Shop for new floors at home, receive free room measurements, and professional installation at your convenience. We back all our floors by a 110% Low Price Guarantee, 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty, and a Love Your Floors Promise™.
How does your company measure success?
At Luna, we want you to be satisfied with your new floors. That’s why we offer a 30-day Love Your Floors Promise™ on all on all carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile flooring. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll provide a new color or style of flooring of your choice… for free!
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
“If I install floors myself, I’ll save a great deal of money.” This is a common misconception with new floors that can lead to costly repairs and lasting problems. Purchasing from Luna can save precious time and money in the long run. Additionally, Luna offers convenient financing options and a 110% Low Price Guarantee† for budget-conscious homeowners.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
Major innovations in the flooring manufacturing process have produced some of the most durable, stylish, and easy to clean floors to date. Luna takes pride in the floors we sell, therefore we continuously update our carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile selections so you can be sure you’re shopping for the latest and greatest flooring available.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
Getting new floors you love is so much easier with Luna. Shop for new floors at home, receive free room measurements, and professional installation at your convenience.
Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
Luna Flooring is a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited company.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Luna has helped homeowners update their floors for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners looking for new floors.

Luna Flooring Company Information