3.95/5
Call toll free
(833) 474-6924 Visit Website

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking to remodel your floors? Shop at Home for carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile you will love. Luna Flooring provides a variety of flooring options in order to help you choose the one that works best with your home’s lighting and décor. A Luna flooring professional will help you select the right floors, discuss financing options and installation. Reserve a FREE in-home appointment today or call (855)207-5937 to get started.

⚫⚫⚫ WHY LUNA ⚫⚫⚫

INSTALLING FLOORS SINCE 1958

Luna has helped homeowners update their homes for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners.

LATEST STYLES FROM TOP BRANDS

Whether the look of your home is traditional or contemporary, Luna offers a wide variety of the latest styles and colors of flooring, from brands you know and trust.

PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION

Luna believes in quality workmanship. Professional installers will also handle the details, such as moving your furniture, taking up and hauling away your old floor, and installing the floors you love.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Have questions? Our flooring professionals and friendly customer service team are here to help you - even after the installation.

⚫⚫⚫ SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE ⚫⚫⚫

With Luna’s warranties and financing options, you get the floors you love, professionally installed, all for a great price.

✔ Love Your Floors Promise™*

✔ 110% Low Price Guarantee†

✔ Financing Options

✔ 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty‡

✔ Sales and Coupons

*30-day product only limited replacement warranty (equal value or less). Details at Luna.com/FloorsPromise.

† Competitor’s written estimate required. We’ll beat the price or refund you 110% of the difference. Additional conditions apply. Details at Luna.com/LowPriceGuarantee.

‡ Details at Luna.com/Warranties.

Experienced independent contractors provide sales and installation services. Licensure at Luna.com.

© 21st Century Flooring, LLC dba Luna Flooring

Luna Flooring Gallery (6)
A-BBB Rating
View More View More

366 Luna Flooring Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 26, 2019

I had Luna Flooring install vinyl flooring in our home. I only did one room because I wanted to do the basement, but the basement was too expensive to include on that installation. I considered several brands before but I chose Luna because of the commercial that I saw on TV. They were advertised at $99 for an additional room but when their rep gave me the quote, it was almost $13,000 which was ridiculous. But I wanted the product that she showed me. It was the color and the texture that I wanted for my flooring, and I went ahead and got it installed.

I was looking for something that looked like real wood. I wasn’t particularly interested in laminate flooring because there’s an additional charge for the layer that you have to put down before the laminate floor goes down and I only had a budget of $10,000. The rep showed me carpets at first, which I told her I was not interested because that was the reason why I wanted floors. I have dogs and dogs have accidents on carpet, and it’s hard to find the accident right away until you start smelling it. And I just don’t like carpets. I did keep the carpet in my room until I could save up enough money and get that replaced as well with the same type of wood or laminate flooring.

But when I looked at the samples, it was the color that I was looking for. It was more of a rustic color, which I told the salesperson on the phone to have the person that comes over to bring samples of a rustic-looking floor, like dark browns and livid grays, and it would go good with my furniture since my house is pretty much monotone. When she opened up the samples, I looked at it and I pointed at what I wanted. I actually thought it was wood. She said that it is a high-end vinyl. The texture feels like wood and I liked it. My dog doesn’t like it, so now he doesn’t wanna go into the living room.

The installation took two days. When the installer came in and was removing the carpet, he found some stains in the floors which was strange because I kept the dogs out of my living room for days and he happened to find two wet spots when they haven’t been in that room. He asked me to buy a paint primer and put it on the areas where he indicated and within two days, the floor was dry. The installation was supposed to be on a Monday and they wanted to postpone it into Saturday and I said no. I walk barefooted in my home and I cannot walk on this plywood sticking, pricking my feet. So, they sent the installer back out. Overall, the product that Luna brought me was within my budget and I’m happy right now with my floors. I love my floors.

Get expert buying tips about Flooring delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My sister recommended Luna to me and got them to do the re-carpeting for three bedrooms and the stairs. The representative was very knowledgeable about the product, and he brought in many samples. I picked the upgraded padding and carpeting, so I needed something that would be durable and comfortable at the same time, based on the level and protection of the padding, as well as the protection of the carpet. I see a little piece hanging out on the side on my stairs. I don't wanna cut it, so I'm gonna call Luna so they can have this person come back out and assess it. But the carpet has met my expectations so far.

The representative that comes out to sell the product need to be versed with what the installers have to go through. I was told by the sales rep to take everything off my dressers and any furniture that can move, because if anything falls over, they're not responsible for it, and that's fine. I understand that. But when the installers got here, that was not the process. You have to have everything out of the room. So, the installers acted like movers, and they had to take the beds apart and take the mattress off. Everything had to come out the room. That cut into their installing time, because they took a whole day. Luna needs to check the communication between the sales rep and the installers.

I have very, very large furniture, and the installers had specialized little pad things that go under each of the furniture which are moving, sliding the furniture. Everything had to come out of each room. So they would push stuff into another room, and then pushing it to another room, then pushing it to the bathroom and to the walk-in closet. They were improvising, and they got it done. I commend them, and I tipped them very well. I was very fortunate that that team that came was even willing to work with me because I had no one here to help me move this stuff out of the way. They did an exceptional job.

Overall, I would recommend Luna Flooring. But I would caution people from inception to maturation that you need to know and get verification from whoever the representative is in regards to what needs to be moved. Because based on my experience, it almost caused mission failure, and I almost didn't get my carpet put in until I had to hire somebody else and move all that stuff around.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had Luna Flooring install the carpet right before Thanksgiving in the great room, the living room, the dining room, the two staircases and a lower hallway. At the time, they were having a sale and I wanted to take advantage of that. The gentleman who came out acted like he was hurried, and I asked him if he had some place to go. He said sorry and that he was going a little bit faster than he should. He slowed down, we talked and I got the color and the carpet that I wanted. The installers were very professional and efficient in installing the carpet, moving the furniture and putting it back where it needed to go. When I ordered the carpeting padding for the lower hallway after that, I didn't know about the basement so I had to wait a couple of days for them to get the other correct padding for the lower hallway. They came back and did it. They took care of it very quickly and I'm happy with it.

The carpet is holding up very well except for one area and the reps are coming Thursday to check it. The way they put the carpet where you come out of the kitchen into the great room, it looks like the threads are starting to pop up on the seam but it’s not the carpet. When the carpeting was in here before, they didn’t have a seam there. They installed it in the opposite direction so the seam was not in an area that was heavily travelled such as this one. This time, when they put it in, they started on a back wall and went towards the front of the house. I haven't had to put any carpeting in for a long time because the carpeting that was in here was when they built the house. The cost was around the same amount that a couple of installers said that they would charge to install the carpeting and I would have to buy it. I paid the same amount for the carpeting and the installation. So, I saved a lot.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We had just moved in and had not planned on replacing carpet because ultimately, we wanna match the floors with the rest of the house. So when we were looking for new carpet, price was a big factor because it isn't gonna be down forever but only for a limited period of time. Luna's product was not quite as good as the one offered by Next Day Floors but the pricing was good and that made us go with them. Aside from the wall-to-wall carpeting, Luna also installed vinyl tile in a small area in front of the front door of our home.

I scheduled to have the hard floor installed on Friday and the carpet was to be installed on Saturday. But Luna called me about the installation to verify that the process was switched where the carpet was gonna be installed on Friday. It was very disruptive. I work from home and the installers were here for about 12 hours. The two poor gentlemen worked really hard but they did a little bit of wall damage. When they moved my king size mattress, they totally ripped off the bedding, which was not old. They must have grabbed it pretty hard and it took me a little bit to figure it out.

But they were very pleasant and they did the best they could. There was only two of them and it was a whole house full of furniture where they had to put carpet in the living room, three bedrooms, and hallway. It was a lot for them to do. If you're gonna get much of the whole house done, you really need more people to help you move the furniture and stuff. That was a long day for them and they were here until about 11 o'clock at night. I felt terrible but it was amazing. Also, the carpeting is not the best, but it certainly did its job. So, I was fairly happy with that besides the other issues.

But the installation of the hard flooring got canceled three times. On the first Saturday they were supposed to show up, they called and said that they had car trouble so they said they couldn't make it to our location. The second Saturday, it was the same thing. But at least they called earlier so I could get other things done during the day and not have to wait for them all day just to be told that they weren't gonna get to me. When they finally came, they did a great job. So overall, I was satisfied but there were a few little bumps on the road.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I like the Twist which is also known as a short shag. I learned that the density per ounce is between 50 and 60 which made it a good rug. I checked several places and went to Home Depot. They came and estimated but I’m concerned with their calculations. I measured 550 square feet and they measured almost 800. They wanted 3,000 bucks just to do the job. So, I made two different appointments with Luna and Empire. The Luna salesman was very nice and very informative. Apparently they don’t sell by square feet. They go by whatever room dimension and they picked out a plush rug. They told me that the density is 41 which was less than the sample I had because I had samples from both places. But he said, “Well, that’s a different rug, but we have that.” And they did.

Luna Flooring has the Twist which I like. He said, “Well, it’s a little more expensive, but it’s okay.” And he quoted me 2,000 max. I said, “‘Huh? From 3,000 to 2,000.” It was the rug and the color that I wanted. I also found out that they are sister companies with Empire and that they get their rugs from the same warehouse. So, I cancelled Empire and I went with Luna. The installers came and they moved all the heavy stuff while I moved the small stuff. They tore out the old rugs, took them away, cleaned up, installed the rug and put all the furniture back. They did an excellent job. They were very friendly and kept on working steadily. I’m very satisfied with the installation.

My old rug which was installed by Empire 14 years ago has a lot of debris when we vacuumed it and was getting worn in the whole area that’s why I decided to change it. I've had the Luna rug for three weeks now. So far, I vacuumed it three times and the first time, I expected to pick up a lot of the stuff and I did. It wasn’t overly though as compared to the old rug. The second time, it was less and the third time was even less. So, it’s holding together. Overall, my experience with Luna Flooring was excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Luna Flooring?

Original review: May 22, 2019

First off let me say that installation was amazing and this is in no way a negative review on the carpet itself or the installation. However my initial sales associate and nearly everyone I have communicated with at Luna has resulted in a less than positive experience. First, sales associate was to run my husbands information for our credit card check. We were informed that Wells Fargo offered financing terms that worked well for us. Turns out, Les (our sales associate) ran my name with my husband's social security number. Which resulted in a denied application with Wells Fargo (which he never communicated to me). He then reran the same incorrect information without my knowledge with their second financing option Fortiva which changed our financing terms. His iPad kept dying and he was having trouble showing us documents. I had received an email from Wells Fargo so I thought all was good.

Two weeks later we are very pleased with our carpet but I get a bill in the mail from Fortiva with a financing term that I had no knowledge of. Since then, I have had to have another salesperson come to my home (causing me to take another day off work) to rerun our credit information correctly. We have been approved for the Wells Fargo card that we originally wanted but since then I have been unable to get the balance moved.

No one at Luna seems to have the authority to call Fortiva and have the balance reversed. I have spent the past four days on the phone with person after person who says I will receive a call back within 24 hours because they have "escalated" my case. 24 hours later, nothing. When I call back again I get the same song and dance. Long story long, use another company because while the product is good, you get buy quality carpet and have it installed by people and ALSO get good customer service with billing/finance. Will never use again or recommend.

Luna Flooring response

Courtney, thank you for making us aware of your experience. We take your concerns seriously, and will be in touch with you soon to learn more.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We decided to carpet our basement and had no issues getting Luna to come out with a salesperson to sell the flooring. We liked the options and figured we would go ahead with it. We scheduled and confirmed the installation. We got a call that morning that we were going to be an afternoon installation - no big deal. We then don't get a call until almost 4 pm that NO ONE is going to show to install the carpet. I can't possibly believe that wasn't known sooner. Also, there has been nothing done by Luna other than trying to reschedule the appointment like I am inconveniencing them because we have to find ANOTHER date to take off work and make arrangements to wait around and hope this time they show. ON top of all of it we were given our salesperson number and email and his email is a fake one that bounces back emails sent to it and he never returned any calls or voicemails. Extremely unprofessional experience overall.

Luna Flooring response

Lauren, we know missed appointments are unacceptable and we sincerely apologize for the experience. We'll be following up with you shortly to discuss your experience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 21, 2019

It has been 2 years now and I am totally frustrated with my Berber. I have called service twice as the berber started to unravel at the seam. The second person told me that it was very common for the berber I purchased. Funny... I never heard this from the salesperson. I also requested replacement twice and never heard a word. HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!! Not worth the money and certainly not worth the time I spent on the phone calling for service.

Luna Flooring response
Holly, we regret to read your review and would like to further assist you. Unfortunately, we're unable to locate your account with the information provided. Please provide the street address where the installation took place. If you purchased from a retail location, please specify which location. You may also email us at care@luna.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2019

Over the last 3 years we had a new roof, new sidings, a new AC, had a water-softener put in, had all 37 windows changed and about a year ago had a new vinyl floor put in on the 1st floor. The floor was the worst experience by far. Had the Sales guy in, reviewed everything and agreed on the floor type. Once the installers showed up they saw in minutes that the sub-floor was uneven, i.e. not the same height as we had some areas with carpet, a small patch with hardwood and some areas with plastic vinyl. While I would have expected an experienced Sales person to see that, he did not and we had to agree on the spot to throw in another $2k to even out the sub-floor.

The installation team was really messy. Once they were done I had cigarette butts in my yard, we had to pick up water bottles and soda cans all over the place. They did not clean anything and some air ducts were full of several inch long pieces of wood (only saw that as one cover was not on properly). not just saw dust. The pieces were that big that they would luckily not even go down the bend of the duct.

Then we saw that they had not put a trim under the entrance door. So I called and made an appointment for them to come and fix it. I was home, he never showed. He called me later that he could come next day same time. So I had to go home from work again. This time he showed, but even though I clearly said what the issue was, he did not have the right trim. So he had to come again a week later with the right trim, which means I had to go home from work again. I did not inspect it after he put it in as it was just a piece of trim, but when Mrs came home she immediately saw that it was not even nailed down. It was just cut to size and put in without attaching it. I could not be bothered to call again.

Now about a year later we have a weak spot right in the main walkway. It is very obvious that they messed up something on the new ($2k) sub-floor as there is about a 3x3 inch area where the vinyl planks are now caving in and starting to crack. Again had to call and have somebody to come and inspect it. He immediately saw that there clearly was an issue with the sub-floor and they would have to pick up the vinyl floor in that area and fix it.

Yesterday (a month after the inspection) finally had the appointment for them to come and fix it. So we cleared out that whole area and had to remove a mounted shelf to give them enough clearance to work. As we had no clear ETA I decided just work from home (which I am in a lucky position to do so). By 1 PM I called Luna asking them what is going on as nobody showed or called. The CS lady called the local office and then told me that they just need a few minutes to call me back and give me the time of arrival. The whole rest of the day no call and no show.... so called them again this morning. I have been given a new date.... in two weeks!!

Now I have to move everything back in place, as I am not living 2 weeks with stuff standing in the way, just to move it away again in 2 weeks. I was told that a Mgr. from the local branch office will call me to explain the no-show. Well, what a surprise the workday is getting to its end and so far no call. If I did not have to have that area fixed I would tell them to never contact me again. The amount of times I had to call, leave work early or stay whole days at home is ridiculous. I am dreading what else is going to happen in 2 weeks... Mrs. and I were discussing getting floor on the stairs and the whole 2nd floor redone... Well, it will not be with Luna.

Luna Flooring response

Franky, we’d like to learn more about the confusion regarding your installation appointment. We understand your frustrations and know your time is valuable. We’d like the opportunity to reach out to you to make things right. We've locate your account and will be in touch with you soon.

Original review: May 14, 2019

We’re familiar with Luna Flooring's commercial, and so we called for an estimate. And we had another estimate from a different company, and Luna’s was much better. We had laminate installed in a big hallway and one bedroom. It looks like hardwood, but it isn’t. It’s cheaper. The installer worked really well and really fast. The installation was all done in one day. We’re happy with our flooring.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I was trying to get my condo on the market quickly. And I liked Luna Flooring's timing for installation, price and advertisement. I had a laminate installed throughout our one-bedroom condo. And I had a luxury vinyl installed in my bathroom. I also had indoor/outdoor carpeting installed in my pool area. I'm pleased with all three. My condo is on the market, and I've gotten lots of compliments.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Definitely will never do business with Luna. I had them out on Monday. Did sign up for some carpet and flooring after some other quotes. Found out how truly expensive they are and it's really funny because they started out at about 10 grand. All the way down to 6900. Just very slimy way of doing business and how pushy their sales and management team are after talking with the salesman regarding cancellation and how the whole attitude changed then when management called continually ask me the same question over and over again. Wouldn't listen to what I had to say so hung up on him and will dispute my deposit on my credit card after receiving a email back from the salesman and telling me how he didn't handle returns and I would have to call the guy that I hung up on. Don't do business with Luna. So glad I cancelled the order. Couldn't imagine if I had a problem after purchase how I would be treated.

Luna Flooring response

Karrie, we regret to hear that we did not leave a positive impression during your experience with us, and understand that your order has been cancelled. If you continue to have questions and/or concerns please contact us, thank you.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Ordered carpet in December 2018. Luna was supposed to install carpet by December 31, 2018, however, the dispatcher sent the wrong color and measurements. Second day dispatcher sent wrong padding and still wrong amount of carpet. When I called the company customer service they asked me to do half of work and I said no. Third time they brought guess? Yesss, Wrong measurements. The mistake I made was to give them another opportunity. The installers came installed carpet. It is May 7 2019 and look how bad my carpet is looks. I called customer service. We waited all day. They came at 7 pm. The installer comes and tells me that the reason for us to step in nails was cause carpet was to thin.

We paid 6k for a supposed to be the best quality carpet and also carpet was unravel. I responded that his excuse was unacceptable. Also he asked me if I had a leftover piece for him patch my carpet. I told him I will call his supervisor. He left cause he said I had to call customer service if I wanted the affected area replace cause he had no saying. I called the company and they told me they can't make any decision because it was close for today. Luna can is expensive and are very fast to take our money but they are the worst in customer service and carpet installation. Don't do business with them.

Luna Flooring response

Haydee and Carlos, we regret to hear about your experience and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss your carpet concerns.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We had a great experience with Luna Flooring. We didn't have any problems with the workers or their product. They have hard workers. We were going to go to Menards and get our own product because we did the kitchen when we moved here, but we didn't have anybody available to install it. We went with Luna Flooring and the installers are married, first of all, and they worked together. I never saw anything like it. They're outstanding. And they installed laminate in the living room in our home. They were very organized. They came in about 9:00, and they left after 4:00. But everything was cleaned up. Everything was fine. And he told us what was expected of us, and we stayed out of his way so he could just install it really quickly. They got good workmanship. I like that I can clean our new flooring up easily. I love Luna, my sister likes it, my neighbor likes it, and we’d recommend it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 3, 2019

Last fall we carpeted many areas with Luna and spent over $6000.... We were told to wait until the spring for flooring sale on luxury vinyl for the rest of our floors downstairs - which is a big area (kitchen, laundry room, sunroom/eating area, hallways, bathroom, dining room & office). We waited and yes they were honoring the sale. Same sales guy came out and really had pushed the luxury vinyl, which we did love. We went back and forth on the price a bit and finally agreed to have it installed.

On 4/16/2019 installers came about 9am, I verified the product and they finished by 7pm that night. Everything was going well. Then things turned from there. The installers broke the handle off my oven door, tried to glue it (which it fell off that night) and never told us. I called cust service at Luna and the following week they sent an inspector. He said gluing was not the best option, which he could try but not recommend. I agreed. The following Mon (now almost 2 weeks later) cust. service finally called and said I needed to get quotes to repair it since I wasn't willing to have it glued back on. Which I told them I never said, plus they scratched the handle so would need a new one. Note the oven is 19 years old.

So finally got ahold of Sears confirming the handle is no longer available and they told me what it probably would have cost to order a new one & repair it. Luna finally agreed to reimburse us that amount but now I am forced to go buy a new stove when mine worked perfectly fine due to the negligence & dishonesty of the installers. And not this was after much back & forth with Luna and they put it all on me to figure out what needed to be done.

The bigger and more upsetting issue is the flooring. After 2 days we had 3 planks buckling. The same guy that looked at the stove looked at the flooring. The sun was shining in and he took the temperature in that area and in a shady area. It was about 80-90 degrees & the shady area was in the 70's. Not a big difference. They told us after about a week of waiting that it was due to LONG TERM sun exposure from the high window and from EXTREME heat from the long term exposure. They would come & fix it but at OUR expense and we also would need to buy window coverings on this very high window or it would happen again.

They claim it has happened in so many homes that they install this flooring in. Do they expect people to live with their blinds closed 24-7?!?! So WHY would they sell it?!?! Our sales guy said no way, but now he no longer responds to me! I am mad I filled out their survey that came too quickly and I gave them good reviews. I wish I had it back!!

So it's such a scam.... They allow their sales team to sell a product in areas where it probably isn't the best suited (according to customer service) and then after 2 days of being installed it looks like crap. But they don't care that we just spent $9000. We will have to pay more to fix it, yet we don't believe the sun is what caused it. We think it's bad installation! By the way the installers marked up our baseboards horribly so they are not careful at all!

So now Luna has sent a claim to the manufacturer (which by the way is LUNA) and it'll take 30-60 days to get an answer. I guess they are seeing if it's faulty product. It's not faulty product, it's faulty installation. They left no room for expansion. They need to come and fix this at their cost, not ours. It was TWO days!!! If we do the 30 days love it or leave it, then we have to AGAIN pay for the installation. They don't break down their quote by the way, so who knows how much the product was and how much installation was. So they can get you there too and charge the reinstall at a very high price even though the replacement product is supposedly free!

We also have another plank with a weird mark on it that I had to set up another inspection for and so all this is now going on 3-4 weeks, with no end in sight. When nothing goes wrong then it's great... But when there is an issue, they have horrible customer service, people that lie to you, and they don't care at all about keeping happy customers. I have told everyone I know never to use them. And I will be posting this review on more sites! So not sure what will happen but it's been a nightmare so far on this very expensive flooring!

Luna Flooring response

Sue, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and you’ll be contacted to resolve this issue. We look forward to speaking to you soon!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 1, 2019

Getting carpet installed by Luna was one of the most unpleasant experiences in my life. If I could give 0 starts, I would. My carpet was supposed to be installed Thursday, 4/25/19, but when the installers arrived, they claimed they had the wrong size carpet roll. In broken English, one of them tried to explain to me it was too short. I was confused because the roll seemed like enough carpet--60 ft by 12 ft. My one-bedroom condo is 772 square feet. I wasn't carpeting the bathroom or the kitchen, so a roll that is 720 square feet seemed like enough. The installer claimed it was 8 feet too short because my living room/dining room is 20 feet long. He tried telling me this in a little English and pointing to things, so it was hard to understand.

I spent over an hour on the phone with multiple people trying to get this resolved. I took a day off of work, so I wanted Luna to fix it that day. They insisted they couldn't and that I'd need to reschedule. I asked what they would do for me to make up for the inconvenience of rescheduling. At first someone told me I could take care of changing the price AFTER the carpet was installed. Are you kidding me? Haggle after the work is done?? No way. I'm sure no one would have given me the time of day after installation.

Then this woman talked to someone and told me the best they could do was give me a $75 discount. $75 to take off another day of work??? Insulting. I pressed, and she insisted it was the best she could do. So I said I wanted to cancel. She transferred me to the office that would handle that. After waiting on hold for a bit, I got voicemail. I wasn't leaving a message. I'd done that before when I was just trying to get this scheduled, and no one ever called back. I wanted to talk to a real person!

I called back and explained what was going on. The lady I got told me she'd transfer me to the right person. After being on hold for 10 minutes, I hung up and tried again. That time I got transferred a few times and finally reached a sales manager who offered me a $250 discount for rescheduling to Friday, 4/26. I told him I needed to be at work in the afternoon--I was running a meeting at 1:00--and he assured me the installers would be here at 8 am.

Well, Friday morning at 7:15, I got an automated phone call from Luna saying my installation was scheduled for the afternoon. I pressed 0 to talk to a customer service rep. Neither he nor his manager were much help. They said they could see the note that the installation was supposed to be in the morning, so maybe the auto call was wrong. Yeah, or maybe the installation office ignored the note. I finally called a local sales manager who said he'd check and call back. After about 15 minutes of not hearing back from him, I called him again to see what was up. He said the installation office couldn't fit me in the morning. I explained this was unacceptable. He seemed insistent that he couldn't do anything, but said he'd call the installation office to get an ETA. I again told him this needed to be this morning. We got off the phone and a few minutes later installers called me to tell me they were on their way.

They arrived around 9:00. As they were doing the installation, I noticed they had to seam together separate pieces of carpet, so I did a little Googling on standard carpet roll sizes. Yeah, I think the installers who arrived on Thursday actually had enough carpet, they just didn't know how to seam pieces together. So, I was totally inconvenienced by Luna because they use installers who are not trained. The installers who did the installation on Friday did a nice job, but they didn't finish up until 1:00, so I didn't make it to work to run that meeting. I'm still trying to get it rescheduled, which is another inconvenience for me. If these installers had shown up on Thursday, I'd probably give Luna a satisfactory review. Instead, I'm telling everyone I know to never use Luna.

Luna Flooring response

Rachael, we know delays can be frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience. We've locate your order, and will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your concerns.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We recently purchased hardwood flooring from Luna and this was installed in my home. We saw a commercial of this flooring company and they were having a nice sale. We liked it a lot so we went with them. Purchasing the flooring from them was very simple. The rep, John, came out and explained everything and he made it simple and easy. He already had some of what I was ordering. It may have been left over from another job. He gave me an extra deal, so I’m happy. The quality of the new flooring is great.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2019

I ordered carpet two weeks ago. A nice grey one special order so now it takes 2 weeks. No problem. However when they come and show me the sample that they are going to put down it's brown. They are saying it's special order. Can take another 2-3 weeks once we get in touch with the company that supplies it. They are saying they have not gotten back to them. Very poor follow through. Only respond to me when I contact them. They do not update me.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I had a good experience with Luna Flooring. I liked their price and quality, and I purchased hardwood floors. I had them installed in three bedrooms and the guys did a good job.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My son had purchased from Luna Flooring before. He suggested them and we had a good experience. So if we have anyone else, we will definitely be referring them out. In fact, I have recommended them to a couple of my clients. We got the whole house carpet. It was the most upgraded carpet that they had and the quality of it was the best. We’ve got four rooms and they did the installation, and everything went very smoothly.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Luna - Never Use Them. I ordered to have new engineered hardwood floors put into the first floor of my house that included 3 bedrooms, 5 closets, a foyer, and a hallway. The day of installation, the installers show up and tell me that my floors have leveling issues and they need to pull up the existing floors, put in new subfloors, and charge me an additional $6,700. Without this additional costs, they could not do the install. I was not expecting this additional costs and didn't understand why they would not have someone come out prior to the install date to assess the floors to determine if there would be an install problem.

The resolve by the inside salesperson was to reduce the additional cost to $3,131. That doesn't help me when that was not in my budget. They refused to cancel the order and give me back my full deposit without having me incur a restocking fee of over $700. Then they tell me had I not given a deposit, I would not incur a restocking fee. This seems like a scam if you ask me. I will NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone as they are not transparent and will try to force additional unplanned cost on the customer no matter what that expense is.

Luna Flooring response

Tameka, we regret to hear about the lack of miscommunication that you've received. We'll be further reviewing your concerns, and we'll be in touch with you soon.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We chose Luna for their price, their speed and their quality and the installers did a magnificent job. We had laminate installed in the living room and the bathroom and so far, so good. I like the color and its durability.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I purchased a carpet and the laminate wood, and Luna Flooring did a great job. The carpet was done in the living and two bedroom areas, and the laminate was in the dining room and the hallway. I had gone to other places, but I liked their customer service and the colors. The installation was great and the reps left the information on what you should use to take care of the laminate. I like both products ‘cause they enhance the place.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I liked how Luna Flooring gave me a discount for same day purchase. So, I had them install beige carpeting for me upstairs and all the bedrooms of my home. However, the installer was kinda rushed. The carpet wasn't laid right on the steps. Still, Luna took care of that very quickly. Their guys came out and they fixed everything. They were very nice.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had Luna install wood flooring recently in two bedrooms in my home. I had used their service 20 years ago and I like the way they do business. The guys who installed were really good. They were very professional and in and out. Thus far, I love my new flooring. It looks great when it's dark and it looks good. Luna got we wanted. They were always up to date and very helpful.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had carpet installed by Luna throughout my house. Their cost was comparable to other brands and they gave us further discounts. Since the installation, I like the quality of the carpet I got.

Original review: April 11, 2019

The salesman failed to listen to my request to have me only as the contact number. My daughter purchased the flooring but isn't available to answer her phone during business hours. When asbestos was found, this company kept calling her for updates. She doesn't have the time, like I do, to deal with customer service, so I told the sales rep, again, to have them only call me. He called me and said that because they couldn't get in touch with my daughter, they had cancelled the order and was very rude. When I finally got in touch with customer service to find out when the refund was coming, I was told that they would keep $2000 because I cancelled the order after 3 days, and that the order was just put on hold. NOT what the salesman told me!! Now, I have to use them. Don't deal with this company! Note to company: Don't reply with your standard quote - you don't care about customer satisfaction.

Luna Flooring response

Janet, we sincerely apologize for your experience. We've located your account and will be looking into your concerns.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I liked how fast Luna Flooring could get the job done for me. I had them install carpet in my home. Their sales guy came and showed us some samples but then I had to know my stuff because the pricing was all hidden. I wasn’t given a complete rundown of what all of each individual costs were. The sales guy just told me the flat bottom line price to which I said that I didn't wanna pay that much. He was then able to knock $1500 off the price without even batting an eye. He quoted me at $4,000 for $2,500. If it was that price, he should have just given that to me up front.

However, I had already priced it out, so I had an idea of a pad, square footage-wise and what it’s like to do the math in my head to figure out whether it was a good deal or not. But for somebody who didn’t do that, they wouldn’t know. The sales guy never told us the square footage but I had already pre-measured it. Luna should give customers a breakdown because when they go to any other place to buy carpet, the salespeople there would tell you that their carpet is x-dollars a square foot, the padding is x-dollars a square foot and what the installation charge would be. They tell you the weight of the pad as well. Luna's sales guy told me the had to get the upgraded pad but then he just rated it by pounds. There was never any mention of the specs or the amount of pounds. They could be more transparent about what the customer is paying for.

The installers were awesome and did a better job installing Luna's carpet than when I had carpet put in my basement from Home Depot. They did a really nice job on the stairs and buttoned all the caps. They were on time and cleaned up as well. The quality of what they have installed is great. Going with Luna was much better for us overall.

Original review: April 10, 2019

We had several price quotes for replacement of our flooring. We had hardwood, tile and carpet. We came up with a priority list of 1-durable for our 3 large dogs. 2-similar to the existing wood (staircase, French doors, baseboards etc). And 3-value. We decided on Luna as our salesman was specific to say that the luxury vinyl we went with would, “never be scratched by our dogs”. This would be the primary issue of our displeasure. List of grievances:

1-The installers cracked our tile floor in the kitchen at the transition. I understand accidents happen but I was told I needed to find the tile, but it and they would replace. I told them they could use existing tile in mud room, under washer and dryer. Still have cracked tiles...
2-Noticed scratches within the first couple days and contacted Luna to inspect.
3-Had 3 inspections and all said that there was no way the floor would hold up to our dogs.
4-After almost 12 months, still no resolution to our problem, even after we were given an option of hardwood at a discount (which we could sand and refinish when we move), then was told they wouldn’t do.
5-Only option we have on the table is a laminate that does not match any colors in our house.

6-Poor customer service follow up (no calls, no response to emails and no solutions for their poor and misleading sales practices).

In recap, I would not recommend using Luna or Empire (their sister company) for any flooring needs. I wanted to try to get the issue resolved fairly and quickly, but after almost a year, I have lost all faith in this happening and will make it my mission to let as many people know their way of doing business.

Luna Flooring response

Rob, we regret to hear that you floor is not meeting your expectations We'll be in touch with you shortly to start working on a resolution.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I'm in the design business so I know what I want. I just called Luna Flooring and got a carpet and plank flooring from them. For the carpet in the bedrooms, I just needed an update. Before, I had a cream color and it was hideous, and I couldn't stand it so I chose something, a little darker, a little more gray-ish brown. I got the carpet done so far in two rooms and I liked it. For the basement, my flooring needed to be redone. I didn't wanna go completely gray because everything's gray nowadays. I picked one that had a nice mix of brown and gray. This coming week, I'm getting my basement done with the final plank flooring. The installation team was fantastic. They were prompt, they got the work done and they were very neat and clean. They were really nice and they did a really good job. Everything's been fine so far. Hopefully, the basement goes as smoothly and we'll be all set.

Luna Flooring expert review by Joseph Truini

Luna sells well-known flooring brands like Mohawk, Shaw, Stainmaster and Armstrong. With their 110 percent price guarantee and Love Your Floors Promise, Luna will work hard to make sure you love your new floors.

• Flooring options: WIth carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile flooring options to choose from, you’re sure to find the right flooring for your home.

• Free in-home quote: It’s important to view flooring options in your own home, with your own lighting and décor. A Luna flooring professional will bring samples to your home, talk you through your options and answer questions, all at no cost to you. You can book your free quote on Luna’s website.

• Financing: Getting the dream floors you’ve always wanted is easier than ever. Just visit the Luna website to see your options.

• Love Your Floors Promise: Luna is so confident you’ll love your new floors, they’ll give you a free replacement, up to 30 days after your installation. Conditions apply.

• 110 percent low price guarantee: Luna promises to beat their competitor’s prices, and if they can’t, they’ll refund you 110 percent of the difference. Just bring in a written estimate from a competitor selling the same product.

• Best for: people who want the latest styles and colors of flooring as well as budget seekers who want low-cost, quality flooring options.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Luna Flooring questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
Luna wants you to Love Your Floors! Luna has the latest styles and colors of carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile. Reserve your FREE In-Home appointment today by calling (855)207-5937. During your appointment, a flooring professional will show you samples, answer questions, measure your room for free, and provide a price estimate.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
Love Your Floors Promise™
Because we’re so confident you’ll love your new floors, Luna offers a 30-day Love Your Floors Promise™ on all carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile flooring. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll provide a new color or style of flooring of your choice… for free!

110% Low Price Guarantee
We’ll beat any competitor’s price or refund 110% of the difference.

Financing Options
Luna offers financing options to help you love your floors today without paying for it all now (on approved credit). Just ask your flooring professional for details. It’s easy to apply during your in-home appointment.

2 Year Limited Installation Warranty
At Luna, we stand by the quality of our workmanship. Should further installation service attributable to the original installation of your flooring be required within 2 years, Luna will return and provide that service at no cost to you.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
With Luna, new floors are easy and affordable! Shop for new floors at home, receive free room measurements, and professional installation at your convenience. We back all our floors by a 110% Low Price Guarantee, 2 Year Limited Installation Warranty, and a Love Your Floors Promise™.
How does your company measure success?
At Luna, we want you to be satisfied with your new floors. That’s why we offer a 30-day Love Your Floors Promise™ on all on all carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile flooring. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll provide a new color or style of flooring of your choice… for free!
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
“If I install floors myself, I’ll save a great deal of money.” This is a common misconception with new floors that can lead to costly repairs and lasting problems. Purchasing from Luna can save precious time and money in the long run. Additionally, Luna offers convenient financing options and a 110% Low Price Guarantee† for budget-conscious homeowners.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
Major innovations in the flooring manufacturing process have produced some of the most durable, stylish, and easy to clean floors to date. Luna takes pride in the floors we sell, therefore we continuously update our carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile selections so you can be sure you’re shopping for the latest and greatest flooring available.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
Getting new floors you love is so much easier with Luna. Shop for new floors at home, receive free room measurements, and professional installation at your convenience.
Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
Luna Flooring is a Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited company.
How has your company grown or evolved?
Luna has helped homeowners update their floors for more than 60 years. Our trusted expertise and dedication to service have made Luna a top choice for homeowners looking for new floors.

Luna Flooring Company Information