4.6(779)

About Lamps Plus

Lamps Plus has both stores and an online site offering a huge selection of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures, furniture, and home decor. Lamps Plus was founded in 1976 and has been named a Top 10 Housewares/Home Furnishings retailer by Internet Retailer Magazine and Digital Commerce 360.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free shipping on most items
  • Fast chat and phone support
  • High-quality products
  • Big discounts
Cons
  • Complicated returns
  • Shipping fee on Open Box items

Featured Reviews

Verified
Keller, TX

We recently ordered new lighting for our whole house, about 30 light fixtures in all, from Lamps Plus. We are so happy with the quality, they make our house look great. ... Great ...

Verified
Los Angeles, CA

I found Lamps Plus via Facebook and bought a beautiful fountain on their website. They have great selection with free shipping. I love their video on the fountains so I can get a ...

What is Lamps Plus?

Based in the Southwestern U.S., Lamps Plus is a large lighting retailer that sells quality lamps, furniture and home decor at mid-range prices. In addition to lamps, light fixtures and ceiling fans, Lamps Plus sells furniture like bar stools, sofas, desks and cabinets, as well as a variety of home decor items, including mirrors, fountains and bedding.

Lamps Plus has its own line of exclusive designs but also carries dozens of other nationally recognized brands. It also offers a line of products called “Open Box,” which includes items that have either been returned or displayed in stores; it sells these with discounts up to 70%.

Trade professionals are eligible for Lamps Plus Pro, a program that offers special industry pricing to designers, builders and architects. New homeowners may sign up for a one-time-use coupon of $15.

How does Lamps Plus work?

Customers can purchase Lamps Plus products through the LampsPlus.com website or in brick-and-mortar stores throughout the Southwestern U.S. and parts of the Pacific Northwest. Lamps Plus inventory is also available through large online marketplaces such as Amazon, Walmart and Target.

Most products, excluding Open Box items, are eligible for two-day free shipping. You can speak with a live agent by phone seven days a week from 4 a.m. to 9 p.m. PST. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST and on weekends from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST.

In addition to a wide range of products, Lamps Plus offers a handful of special services. For example, its online lighting design services lets shoppers call for free advice from a certified lighting and design expert.

It also has a price-matching policy. If within 60 days of your purchase you find the identical product advertised for less, Lamps Plus will match that price.

Lamps Plus cost

Lamps Plus inventory offers mostly mid-range pricing, although it has a handful of low-range and high-end products.

For example, the price of a full-size sofa ranges from $625 to $4,750. The majority of these selections are in the $1,000 to $2,000 range, which is considered an average price for a sofa.

A few Lamps Plus product price ranges:

• Chandeliers range from $23 to $18,500
  • Floor lamps range from $24 to $4,000
  • Wall mirrors range from $60 to $2,500

Most Lamps Plus products are eligible for free two-day shipping. Orders $49 or less charge a $5 shipping fee. Items that appear in the “Open Box” tab require specialized shipping costs based on destination, size and handling required. Some Open Box products require special delivery because they arrive pre-assembled.

Lamps Plus FAQ

Where are Lamps Plus stores located?

Most of the stores are located in the Southwest — specifically Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada and Texas. There are a handful of stores in Washington and Oregon. Customers can also order online in the U.S. or Canada. International shoppers outside of Canada must spend $200 or more and pay by wire transfer.

What is Lamps Plus’s return policy?

Lamps Plus requires all customers to speak with a customer service specialist by telephone in order to get a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Items cannot be returned without an RMA — even in the store. All returns must be made within 60 days of purchase, and all merchandise must be in the original packaging. The return policy excludes white-glove and blanket-wrap delivery items, which arrive pre-assembled, unboxed or made-to-order.

How are shipping costs calculated?

Most items at Lamps Plus are eligible for free two-day shipping. Items under $49 require $5 for shipping. Any additional shipping costs are calculated by size, weight, destination and, most importantly, the type of delivery required. Oversize items, pre-assembled furniture and custom order prices are calculated differently. Due to the special handling required, shipping on Howard Miller furniture and grandfather clocks is priced separately.

What is Lamps Plus’s warranty policy?

In addition to any existing manufacturer’s warranty, Lamps Plus offers an additional one-year extended warranty that covers repairs or replacements of the item. As with most warranties, the Lamps Plus One-Year Warranty doesn’t cover incidental damage; rather, it covers flaws in the materials or poor craftsmanship. In order to be eligible, customers must save their receipt.

What kind of payments does Lamps Plus accept?

American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are all accepted on LampsPlus.com, as well as PayPal. Customers who wish to pay with a personal check or money order must call customer service to arrange payment. Purchase orders are accepted but must be faxed.

Is Lamps Plus legit?

In general, Lamps Plus is reliable and has good customer service with quick responses via phone and chat. Items found under the Open Box section offer deep discounts — sometimes as high as 70%. However, shipping on these unboxed items can often be high, particularly for rural customers. Because of the shipping prices, buyers might want to do a quick comparison before selecting Open Box products.

The company also requires all customers to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization from a live agent in order to return an item. Nonetheless, Lamps Plus retails a wide variety of products in various styles and with a range of prices, and the company sells high-quality products at reasonable prices.

Stars Rating

• 81%
  • 7%
  • 3%
  • 6%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lamps Plus?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lamps Plus?
    Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed July 1, 2024

I am writing to express my utmost appreciation for the exceptional customer service provided by Robert A. from Lamps Plus. His professionalism, knowledge, and dedication to customer satisfaction are truly commendable. Robert demonstrated an impressive understanding of your product range, specifically in relation to fountains. He was instrumental in assisting me with the exchange and return of an old fountain, and the purchase of a new one. His guidance was invaluable, making the entire process smooth and hassle-free.

What stood out the most was Robert's ability to listen. He took the time to understand my needs and concerns, and addressed them with patience and empathy. This level of service not only exceeded my expectations but also reinforced my trust in your brand. In an era where excellent customer service is a differentiator, Robert is a true asset to your team. I believe his actions should be recognized and rewarded, as they embody the values of Lamps Plus. Thank you for fostering such a supportive and customer-centric environment. I look forward to continuing to do business with Lamps Plus.

Pinned

Thank you, great to see that, we hope to see you visit with us again soon!

Get buying tips about Lighting Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I went to the store to order and found that the lights I want would take a long time to ship. While wondering what to do the sales rep found me a fine replacement that would ship much sooner. In fact my order arrived 3 days sooner than the estimated range of delivery dates! I then realized I had forgot one light. I went online and I easily found what I was looking for.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback Patricia. We're glad to hear you were able to find the perfect merchandise to fit your needs. It's a pleasure having your continued business and we hope to meet your lighting needs in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed March 9, 2024

When I was deciding on lamps for my project, your chat staff were really helpful and pleasant. They checked special order requests and installation options. Although they weren't sure about changing plug in lamps to hard wired, I was able to find this information on the web - and the answer is YES. So yeah you can share this with your CS representatives.

I hope I love my lamps. I loved being able to customize the striped one - and it took me a while to realize that my versions were saved in popular colors when I thought those were pre-set options. So maybe you could have a, "save your designs," button - or say - your recent designs or something. Won't see them for a few weeks installed but hope I love them!

Pinned

Hi - thank you for all the feedback and for sharing your tips, we appreciate hearing from you!

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

Liked the website and products. We have ordered before and been very happy with the fixtures and liked the variety for lamps. Hoping that the quality for the lamps is as high as the fixture we ordered in the past. I needed a special blue color so we are hoping that it matches the colors in my room. I was glad the lamps come with shades. I will post again when I receive the lamps.

Pinned

Hi - thank you for the comments, and for the return visit, we appreciate you being a returning customer of ours. Please let us know what you think of your new lamps when they arrive, we hope that you enjoy them.

Staff

Reviewed July 25, 2023

To Whom it concerns, We had an amazing experience with Lamps Plus! For months we searched everywhere and not only could we not find the selection we were looking for to upscale our new home with new chandeliers etc. But more importantly, we could not find satisfactory service. It seemed nobody cared that much no matter what lighting company or decor store we traveled to. Until we met Susan ** at the Lamps Plus store at: 30 North Stephanie Street in Henderson Nevada. She not only helped us with multiple orders, in person and online, but even helped us with all the detailed and important measurements so that everything fit right the first time. Then she helped us find all the right incandescent bulbs, LED bulbs, dimmers and decor! Susan always went the extra mile and was very professional, knowledgeable and friendly. To us her help has absolutely made all the difference! Thank you Lamps Plus!! We will be back again and again.

Aaron ** and family

Pinned

Thank you for all the kind words, and for sharing your shopping experieince story. We appreciate hearing from you and hope you will visit us again soon.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 17, 2024

I researched my fan selection online, found it cheaper, but decided to buy from Lamps Plus. I wanted a price match. Spent 30 minutes on chat and was told someone would follow up. They didn't. Then I wrote an email to your customer service department. I'm frustrated and disappointed that neither responded!

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry to hear about your experience. Lamps Plus is eager to help, and we have since looked into this matter to ensure better service in the future. We will reach out to you privately to ensure this matter is resolved.

Resolution In Progress
      Punctuality & SpeedEase of Use

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Lamps Plus offers premium selections and fast deliveries. Their site is easy to navigate and find exactly what you are looking for. We use them to build complete lighting packages for our personal homes and clients we service. I always recommend this site to friends and family. They have all shared the same sentiment with their experience.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 4, 2024

I’ve enjoyed ordering with this company. They have lots of good stuff. The shipping has been fast and they keep in touch to let you know where and when purchases are and arriving. We’re building a house so I have needed to buy constantly, it seems like. But. Thankfully, I have found good things I needed here.

Pinned

Thank you for continuing to be a repeat customer and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2024

The 'filters' for each product search were quite helpful and work accurately. Not always the case on other sites. Likewise, additional details available and descriptions are complete and helpful. The clarity of photos for products could definitely be improved, as well as the enlargement / zoom available options. When ordering online, we do want to See the item Clearly, read the Details of the Material, all Parts, to be sure of what we can expect. "Returns aren't liked by either of us."

Pinned

Thank you, we appreciate hearing that, great to hear that our site was easy to use.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 30, 2024

We were building a new house and bought many lighting fixtures from Lamps Plus—chandeliers, inside/outside sconces, pendants and vanity lights. The experience was terrific, start to finish. Lights arrived timely and looked just like the pictures. Two pieces were damaged in a minor way; replacements were sent quickly and free of charge. Sales personnel were very nice and helpful for replacements and in helping me find what I wanted when I couldn’t find it readily on the site. Would highly recommend Lamps Plus to everyone!!

Pinned

Hi, thank you for the reply, wonderful to hear from you and get your feedback.

Lamps Plus Company Information