3.56/5
  • 1 star
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 20, 2017

16 Lamps Plus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Purchased a lamp thru Amazon steered to Lamps Plus, online purchased July 27. Called August 13, no lamp, said delivered August 1st, advised that is a lie. Rep said would expedite, advised must have by August 18. August 16 no lamp, August 17 no lamp, called August 18 advised next week. These guys are the scum of online purchases. My next contact is Amazon to see if I can get them removed, BBB shows them with 86% negative rating. They deserve every complaint.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

The lamp that I spent 299.99 plus shipping for was shipped in a huge box and encased in styrofoam packing that disintegrated during the process of unpacking, creating an incredibly large mess of tiny static-charged pieces of styrofoam throughout two rooms of my house that will take me days to clean. In addition, the lamp itself looks okay, but is substandard in quality and not at all worth the price that I was charged. No more business from me for Lamps Plus!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I fell in-love with chandelier at Lamps Plus. Before buying the chandelier, I checked other websites to see if I could find a lower price. Sure enough, I found a lower price. I immediately contacted Lamps Plus via email to request their 120% price match guarantee. After 3 days of waiting, however, no one replied to my inquiry. Because so much time had passed, I was worried the promotional price for this item at the other store would expire. So, I finally called into the Lamps Plus customer service number. I spoke with a representative and explained what had happened. The representative double-checks the website where I found the lower price. She agreed it was the same item and even said, “We price match from this website all the time.” Before she could honor the promotional price, she said she needed her manager to approve the price match, but her manager wouldn't be available until “tomorrow”.

I told her I was worried about the promotional price not being available “tomorrow”. She replied, ‘As long as the item was the exact same, then Lamps Plus should be able to price match the chandelier.’ The next day, I checked the website where I found the chandelier for a lower price. Sure enough, the promotional price had expired and the item was now significantly more. Shortly after, the Lamps Plus representative called me back. She said her manager would not approve the price match. She explained the item could not be price matched because ‘the price would be too low and Lamps Plus just couldn't do it’, and ‘Lamps Plus has an agreement with this website to not match their prices’.

If an agreement was in place, then why wasn’t I told yesterday when I called? Why was I told, “we price match this website all the time”? And, why did no one ever respond to my email inquiry? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Because I was waiting on Lamps Plus to respond to BOTH of my price match inquiries, I can't even buy the light on the website where I found it! So much for that “Price Match GUARANTEE”.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I placed an order for lamp and accessories on May 29, 2017 and paid in full. Was told it'd take 4 weeks. After several delays, I'm now told that my order won't come until September 15!!! It is RIDICULOUS. I've sent email to cancel this order and expect a full refund.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I bought a table lamp from Lamps Plus over a month ago. I had to return it as the bulb showed out of the top. I repackaged it and followed their instructions. I called them and paid an additional $10 for a pickup. 2 weeks later it was FINALLY picked up and they sent me a confirmation that it was picked up. Forward 2 more weeks STILL NO CREDIT. DO NOT BUY FROM LAMPS PLUS IF THERE IS ANY POSSIBILITY OF A RETURN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lamps Plus?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Cords and plugs and lights all the light bulbs I need. I like shopping there because it is bright. I like light bulbs. It makes me happy to buy there. I will go back. Their light bulbs are good. They don't break and seem to last a lot longer than ones from other stores. Anyway I like their goodness. Good products there. I like the store. It's big and easy to shop in. They have many bulbs. Mississippi is the best store anyway. Customer service wasn't the best. I had to find my own things to buy. No one there to help me. I was alone. They need more workers. Other than that it's a good store.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Customer service is wonderful. I had some difficult lighting needs and they were able to help me work things out. I love their home decor section. We have only had our lighting installed within the last thirty days, so it's hard to judge what it will be long term, but have every confidence in the structure of their products. Their prices are generally what you would expect to pay at any home improvement store (Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc) but I believe they carry a broader range of products at several price points. They have a GREAT team. From the secretary to the installers, all were very polite and professional. It's very apparent that they love their jobs and are there to help and direct, whatever your lighting needs.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

They have a huge selection of every type of lamp you could be looking for, whether its small or large. From table lamps to floor or ceiling lamps they have a wide selection to choose from. The 2 table lamps that I purchased have been wonderful and I have not experienced any problems. I purchased about 4 years ago. They have maintained the color of the base with no scratches. They are a little bit more pricey but the quality outstands other places where I have purchased lamps before. The sales associates at Lamps Plus are extremely helpful and knowledgeable in their products. They also leave you alone to browse if that is what you desire.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I was looking for ceiling fans, they had an excellent selection on display and even more that they went over with me in their catalogs. There was also a large selection of models and finishes of outdoor lights, and indoor ceiling, wall, and bathroom lights to select from which were on display, and they also had a large selection available by catalog. I was impressed that they had more of a variety than other local stores. I purchased a ceiling fan which I use daily constantly for several months at a time in Arizona and it is extremely well made, quiet and energy efficient. It is also extremely attractive.

It is an excellent value both energy wise and for aesthetic purposes. It does an excellent job of keeping the room cool, has a remote with several options on it, and is extremely attractive. The sales rep took their time helping me, showing me the sizes and colors that the models in the catalog would compare to, went over the features and appropriateness for the different room sizes we were purchasing for, and comparison to the other models. They did not try to upsell me.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

The selection is wide and varied. There are table lamps, floor lamps in many styles, sizes, colors and materials. There are wall sconces, over the counter lights, bathroom lighting, chandeliers, hanging lights and built in lighting. Any type of lighting fixture with a wide selection of prices can be found. The lamps and hanging fixtures I purchased are very durable and sturdy. I have had the hanging lights for 10 years and they still look new. The lights look very high end and expensive, with detailing you would find in a much more expensive product. I was very happy with the quality. I was pleased with the quick service and the help I received with my order. Friendly and helpful employees who gave me their full attention. They listened to what I was looking for and made suggestions without being pushy.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

The variety they have in this store is great! They have everything for your lighting needs and they offer them at very good prices for everyone's budget. The products I have bought are of very good quality. I know that I will be able to use them for years. I believe the value is worth what you will pay for most of the products they carry. Customer service at my location was good. The only bad thing was that there was only one cashier and so there were a few people to ring up. I think they could've done better to have enough staff.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I bought a beautiful Martha Stewart lamp there and a stand alone tree type lamp with three branches. Looks beautiful in my living room. I also bought a sofa table there with pineapples on the legs. Also bought night light turtles for me and my mother in law, and also bought a decorative light that has wrought iron stems and light up roses. It's beautiful. It is a place I always enjoy shopping. As I said I have bought several products and their durability has been all you could ask for. No problems even though some have been shipped across country, everything has always worked just like it should.

Their prices are very reasonability and the quality is very good also, and beautiful design, and style for everyone. I would good back for their products over and over if I needed more but everything last and is durable and beautiful. Wonderful customer service. We bought while we were on vacation and they shipped our products home for us waiting to shop so we would be home before they arrived.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

They have many different types of lighting systems to choose from. I felt like I wasn't being hurried, and they were very helpful. They had a very knowledgeable staff that were willing to show me all the lighting systems I wanted and compare the different ones to help me pick. The ones that we picked have lasted and still look amazing. People compliment them every time they come over and wanting to know where we got them. They are easy to clean and have made it through many different storms. They look like they are a very expensive piece but they were great, budget-friendly place. We were able to get enough new lighting systems for our whole house, as well as outside. My customer experience was amazing there. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. They went above and beyond to help us out when we weren't totally sure what we wanted.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

They had anything that you could possibly want - lights, fixtures, bulbs, lamps, any and everything to light your home. If there was anything that you could want this store is the place to get it. Great customer service and employees, kind and know what they're doing. Everything they have is durable, don't break easy. Great products. This is the best place to buy your lighting needs, would recommend to anyone that is needing lighting for their homes. The value is great, cheap prices for great durability of their products. I don't believe have seen a better place that has great items and cheap prices that is durable and different varieties. Kind people that know what they're doing and how to help if there is a problem on some things. Could believe they could be some faster but I know a job is hard so I believe that they're doing great in their job roles and for their community.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

They had so many to pick from. All real nice and high end looking. I loved them all. I had a tough time picking one though. But once I got it home and hooked it up, I knew I made the right choice for my household. They're very tough, hard to break. Thank god. Knocked mine down once or twice but didn't break or crack. I would definitely buy another one for my household again. They have a huge value. I love the one I have and would tell anyone to buy one. It's well worth it in the long run. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

There were many shapes sizes and colors available. I really did not need to look anywhere else. The selection was great. I would definitely recommend them for all lighting needs. The lighting I went with is very well made. Very durable, easy to see up and looks amazing. I am very impressed with the durability of these products. In my opinion, the lighting is worth every single penny I spent. I would not change a thing about it... I would highly recommend it. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Had an answer to every question and made me feel like they really wanted to help me make the right decision.

Lamps Plus expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1976, Lamps Plus is a Los Angeles-based privately owned company that aims to give consumers excellent customer service and a large selection at low prices. Lamps Plus’ online and showroom locations contain over 70,000 designs.

• Store workshops: Free in-store events teach consumers how to install lighting and give attendees ideas for lighting décor.

• Lamps Plus Open Box: Lamps Plus allows consumers to buy open-box items at discounted prices. These items are like-new products that are inspected and undamaged, and they all come with a one-year warranty. Selection changes daily.

• Social media presence: Lamp Plus’ Pinterest and Instagram accounts are updated regularly with design photos to give consumers decorating ideas.

• Installation service: Lamps Plus has a staff of electricians and contractors who are insured, bonded and licensed. Quotes are free, and their work comes with a two-year guarantee.

• Coupons and savings: The Lamps Plus website offers several coupons for the products they sell. They also give discounts to new homeowners.

• Best for: Lamps Plus is best for consumers who want bargains on a large selection of styles of light fixtures.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs