4.6/5 (241 ratings)

About Lamps Plus

Lamps Plus has both stores and an online site offering a huge selection of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures, furniture, and home decor. Lamps Plus was founded in 1976 and has been named a Top 10 Housewares/Home Furnishings retailer by Internet Retailer Magazine and Digital Commerce 360.

Pros

• Free shipping on most items
  • Fast chat and phone support
  • High-quality products
  • Big discounts

Cons

• Complicated returns
  • Shipping fee on Open Box items

Bottom Line

Lamps Plus is a lighting, furniture and home decor retailer with mostly mid-range pricing and a wide selection of quality products. Its “Open Box” items sell for up to 70% off but don’t come with free shipping.

Top Lamps Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lamps Plus?

Verified

We recently ordered new lighting for our whole house, about 30 light fixtures in all, from Lamps Plus. We are so happy with the quality, they make our house look great. ... Great ...

Verified

I found Lamps Plus via Facebook and bought a beautiful fountain on their website. They have great selection with free shipping. I love their video on the fountains so I can get a ...

What is Lamps Plus?

Based in the Southwestern U.S., Lamps Plus is a large lighting retailer that sells lamps, furniture and home decor at mid-range prices. In addition to lamps, light fixtures and ceiling fans, Lamps Plus sells furniture like sofas, desks and cabinets, as well as a variety of home decor items, including mirrors, fountains and bedding.

Lamps Plus has its own line of products but carries dozens of other nationally recognized brands too. It also offers a line of products, called Open Box items, that have either been returned or displayed in stores — it sells these with discounts up to 70%.

Trade professionals are eligible for Lamps Plus Pro, a program that offers special industry pricing. New homeowners may sign up for a one-time-use coupon of $15.

How does Lamps Plus work?

Customers can purchase Lamps Plus products through the LampsPlus.com website or in brick-and-mortar stores throughout the Southwestern U.S. and parts of the Pacific Northwest. Lamps Plus inventory is also available through other large online retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Wayfair.

Most products, excluding Open Box items, are eligible for two-day free shipping. You can speak with a live agent by phone seven days a week from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. PT. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. PT and on weekends from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PT.

In addition to a wide range of products, Lamps Plus offers a handful of special services. For example, its online lighting design services lets shoppers call for free advice from a certified lighting and design expert.

Customers in California, Arizona and Nevada can call for a free quote and have purchased items installed in their home by a licensed, bonded and insured electrical contractor.

Lamps Plus cost

Lamps Plus inventory offers mostly mid-range pricing, although it has a handful of low-range and high-end products.

For example, the price of a full-size sofa ranges from $625 to $4,750. The majority of these selections are in the $1,000 to $2,000 range, which is considered an average price for a sofa.

A few Lamps Plus product price ranges:

• Chandeliers range from $23 to $18,500
  • Floor lamps range from $24 to $4,000
  • Wall mirrors range from $60 to $2,500

Most Lamps Plus products are eligible for free two-day shipping. Orders $49 or less charge a $5 shipping fee. Items that appear in the “Open Box” tab require specialized shipping costs based on destination, size and handling required. Some Open Box products require special delivery because they arrive pre-assembled.

Lamps Plus FAQ

Where are Lamps Plus stores located?
Most of the stores are located in the Southwest — specifically Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada and Texas. There are a handful of stores in Washington and Oregon. Customers can also order online in the U.S. or Canada. International shoppers outside of Canada must spend $200 or more and pay by wire transfer.
What is Lamps Plus’s return policy?
Lamps Plus requires all customers to speak with a customer service specialist by telephone in order to get a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Items cannot be returned without an RMA — even in the store. All returns must be made within 60 days of purchase, and all merchandise must be in the original packaging. The return policy excludes white-glove and blanket-wrap delivery items, which arrive pre-assembled, unboxed or made-to-order.
How are shipping costs calculated?
Most items at Lamps Plus are eligible for free two-day shipping. Items under $49 require $5 for shipping. Any additional shipping costs are calculated by size, weight, destination and, most importantly, the type of delivery required. Oversize items, pre-assembled furniture and custom order prices are calculated differently. Due to the special handling required, shipping on Howard Miller furniture and grandfather clocks is priced separately.
What is Lamps Plus’s warranty policy?
In addition to any existing manufacturer’s warranty, Lamps Plus offers an additional one-year extended warranty that covers repairs or replacements of the item. As with most warranties, the Lamps Plus One-Year Warranty doesn’t cover incidental damage; rather, it covers flaws in the materials or poor craftsmanship. In order to be eligible, customers must save their receipt.
What kind of payments does Lamps Plus accept?
American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are all accepted on LampsPlus.com, as well as PayPal. Customers who wish to pay with a personal check or money order must call customer service to arrange payment. Purchase orders are accepted but must be faxed.

Is Lamps Plus legit?

In general, Lamps Plus is reliable and has good customer service with quick responses via phone and chat. Items found under the Open Box section offer deep discounts — sometimes as high as 70%. However, shipping on these unboxed items can often be high, particularly for rural customers. Because of the shipping prices, buyers might want to do a quick comparison before selecting Open Box products.

The company also requires all customers to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization from a live agent in order to return an item. Nonetheless, Lamps Plus retails a wide variety of products in various styles and with a range of prices, and the company sells high-quality products at reasonable prices.

Lamps Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lamps Plus?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I've purchased from Lamps Plus before. I like their selection of LED bulbs. Today I needed a couple 3-way bulbs, to replace ones in the house that've burned out. I appreciated being able to choose between various "colors" - bright white light at 5000K, softer at 3,000K, and "warm white" at 2700K. *** The reason I took away a star, was b/c I found the process of ordering multiple units was a little confusing. In the cart, when I increased the # from "1" to "3", instead of showing "3" by that item, it added a whole new line, of the same item x2, which of course adds up to 3 when added to the initial entry. I found this confusing enough to delete that item and try again, same thing happened. Not wrong exactly, just kind of confusing the way it's set up to reflect changes.

Lamps Plus response

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you had system issues when trying to place your order. We tested a new order for the three bulbs and they all successfully saved on one line. This may have just been a system glitch. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Get buying tips about Lighting Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Beautiful fan and light fixture. I am happy to find this fan/light. The only thing that keeps me from rating five stars is that I chatted with a designer for recommendations on damp-rated light kits and specified that it was for a porch. She suggested one that I had already looked at that is not damp-rated. I think she should be more familiar with the products, as finding one damp-rated is the only reason I needed help.

Lamps Plus response

Hi - we apologize for any confusion with the fan recommendations. Just to be clear for other readers, for outdoor spaces you can use a damp rated design if the fan will be installed on a covered porch or patio where it will not be directly exposed to rain and the elements. For direct exposure you would want a wet rated fan. Wet rated designs can also be used on porches and patios. We hope that you will enjoy your new design and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I always love Lamps Plus Lamps.... So many to choose from and the customer service is great if you have questions. They get back to you and one gentleman followed up with me after my order was complete just to be sure I was good. Recently I had an order in the system as I was soaking on what lamps I wanted to purchase and this Company calls you back to see if you have questions if there is a pending orders. Their operators are extremely helpful with sizing, etc. They called me a few years back cause I had a pending order and that man too was a doll to deal with... They give really good advice on size etc. I will recommend Lamps Plus ALL day every day!

Peggy-Illinois

Lamps Plus response

Hi Margaret - thank you for the recommendation, we appreciate it! Hope you enjoy your new design and we look forward to seeing you visit with us again soon.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Started placing lights in my cart about two weeks ago. Kept changing my mind so would add a few more lights and delete a few. This went on until I finally had all my choices and I was ready to check out. Everything was in the cart that I wanted to order which made checking out so easy. Most websites only keep items in your cart for a couple of days. If you don't order in a timely manner then they empty the cart and you have to find the items again. Not Lamps Plus! I have received two of the lights so far and they are beautiful. Looking forward to receiving the rest and enjoying them in my new home!

Lamps Plus response

Hi - great to see that you had no issues using our site. To keep items around for viewing at a later date, you might also want to try creating a wish list. You can add and delete items and then move them into your shopping cart when you are ready to purchase. Hope you enjoy your new designs and thanks so much for the feedback.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I scanned the QR code to sign up for texts and to receive $15 off my order if $50 or more. I then placed an order and it initially showed that the discount would be applied but at checkout it was not. I would appreciate it if the $15 could be applied to my order. Thank you.

Lamps Plus response

We are sorry to hear that your code did not work. After reviewing your order we see that our team has reached out to you regarding this matter. As listed in the coupon terms and conditions, designs from certain vendors, sale and clearance items, as well as our Open Box items are excluded from coupon use. Coupons can only be applied to regular priced items. We do recommend keeping the code for your next future order. We do apologize for any inconvenience

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

When I found this lamp on your site 10 hours ago, it was listed at $299.99. This morning when I placed the order it had jumped to $319.99. I could have placed the order through Walmart (who orders from you) at the lesser price but didn't want to do business with them. I won't recommend your store to others.

Lamps Plus response

Thank you for your review Glenn; we apologize for the confusion regarding the price. Sale pricing is listed online and is valid only through the dates displayed on individual product pages. Please note that quantities may be limited and that offers are good only on in-stock merchandise. We show your table lamp was on sale for $299.95 and the sale event ended on 01/23/23. We went ahead and adjusted the price to reflect the sale price. Please let us know if you have additional questions!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I love Lamps Plus. They always have what I'm looking for, and their Customer Service is excellent, when needed. I find the customer reviews helpful and the full descriptions of products is super informative. And finally, the website is easy to use.

Lamps Plus response

Great to see that you are a returning customer of ours, thanks so much! Enjoy your new design and we hope to see you again soon.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Easily found the style table lamp we were looking for on the website. Plus, it was on sale. Lamps Plus is a quality store and out go to store for lighting needs. Lamps Plus is a good source if you are seeking contemporary lighting. For us it is also conveniently located.

Lamps Plus response

Thank you for the store visit, we appreciate you stopping in, and we look forward to the chance to serve you again soon.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I contacted Lamps Plus about a replacement bulb. They promptly directed me to the correct bulb and didn't charge me for my mistake. I also purchased a gorgeous ceiling fan from them five years ago. Great service, great staff and great products.

Lamps Plus response

Thank you for that response, great to get your feedback and comments.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

You guys always have EXCELLENT SELECTIONS and Sezzle allows me the convenience to get it NOW...no interest. I have been fortunate to have found you years back as I moved into my dream home and needed to fine tune basement and detail my flavor throughout. YOU MAKE ME LOOK RICH and ON POINT!

BEAUTIFUL! THANKS.

Lamps Plus response

Thank you for saying so, we appreciate the rating and your positive comments!

Lamps Plus Company Information