4.5/5 (226 ratings)

About Lamps Plus

Lamps Plus has both stores and an online site offering a huge selection of indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures, furniture, and home decor. Lamps Plus was founded in 1976 and has been named a Top 10 Housewares/Home Furnishings retailer by Internet Retailer Magazine and Digital Commerce 360.

Pros

• Free shipping on most items
  • Fast chat and phone support
  • High-quality products
  • Big discounts

Cons

• Complicated returns
  • Shipping fee on Open Box items

Bottom Line

Lamps Plus is a lighting, furniture and home decor retailer with mostly mid-range pricing and a wide selection of quality products. Its “Open Box” items sell for up to 70% off but don’t come with free shipping.

Top Lamps Plus Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We recently ordered new lighting for our whole house, about 30 light fixtures in all, from Lamps Plus. We are so happy with the quality, they make our house look great. ... Great ...

Verified

I found Lamps Plus via Facebook and bought a beautiful fountain on their website. They have great selection with free shipping. I love their video on the fountains so I can get a ...

What is Lamps Plus?

Based in the Southwestern U.S., Lamps Plus is a large lighting retailer that sells lamps, furniture and home decor at mid-range prices. In addition to lamps, light fixtures and ceiling fans, Lamps Plus sells furniture like sofas, desks and cabinets, as well as a variety of home decor items, including mirrors, fountains and bedding.

Lamps Plus has its own line of products but carries dozens of other nationally recognized brands too. It also offers a line of products, called Open Box items, that have either been returned or displayed in stores — it sells these with discounts up to 70%.

Trade professionals are eligible for Lamps Plus Pro, a program that offers special industry pricing. New homeowners may sign up for a one-time-use coupon of $15.

How does Lamps Plus work?

Customers can purchase Lamps Plus products through the LampsPlus.com website or in brick-and-mortar stores throughout the Southwestern U.S. and parts of the Pacific Northwest. Lamps Plus inventory is also available through other large online retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Wayfair.

Most products, excluding Open Box items, are eligible for two-day free shipping. You can speak with a live agent by phone seven days a week from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. PT. Live chat is available Monday through Friday from 4 a.m. to 8 p.m. PT and on weekends from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. PT.

In addition to a wide range of products, Lamps Plus offers a handful of special services. For example, its online lighting design services lets shoppers call for free advice from a certified lighting and design expert.

Customers in California, Arizona and Nevada can call for a free quote and have purchased items installed in their home by a licensed, bonded and insured electrical contractor.

Lamps Plus cost

Lamps Plus inventory offers mostly mid-range pricing, although it has a handful of low-range and high-end products.

For example, the price of a full-size sofa ranges from $625 to $4,750. The majority of these selections are in the $1,000 to $2,000 range, which is considered an average price for a sofa.

A few Lamps Plus product price ranges:

• Chandeliers range from $23 to $18,500
  • Floor lamps range from $24 to $4,000
  • Wall mirrors range from $60 to $2,500

Most Lamps Plus products are eligible for free two-day shipping. Orders $49 or less charge a $5 shipping fee. Items that appear in the “Open Box” tab require specialized shipping costs based on destination, size and handling required. Some Open Box products require special delivery because they arrive pre-assembled.

Lamps Plus FAQ

Where are Lamps Plus stores located?
Most of the stores are located in the Southwest — specifically Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada and Texas. There are a handful of stores in Washington and Oregon. Customers can also order online in the U.S. or Canada. International shoppers outside of Canada must spend $200 or more and pay by wire transfer.
What is Lamps Plus’s return policy?
Lamps Plus requires all customers to speak with a customer service specialist by telephone in order to get a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Items cannot be returned without an RMA — even in the store. All returns must be made within 60 days of purchase, and all merchandise must be in the original packaging. The return policy excludes white-glove and blanket-wrap delivery items, which arrive pre-assembled, unboxed or made-to-order.
How are shipping costs calculated?
Most items at Lamps Plus are eligible for free two-day shipping. Items under $49 require $5 for shipping. Any additional shipping costs are calculated by size, weight, destination and, most importantly, the type of delivery required. Oversize items, pre-assembled furniture and custom order prices are calculated differently. Due to the special handling required, shipping on Howard Miller furniture and grandfather clocks is priced separately.
What is Lamps Plus’s warranty policy?
In addition to any existing manufacturer’s warranty, Lamps Plus offers an additional one-year extended warranty that covers repairs or replacements of the item. As with most warranties, the Lamps Plus One-Year Warranty doesn’t cover incidental damage; rather, it covers flaws in the materials or poor craftsmanship. In order to be eligible, customers must save their receipt.
What kind of payments does Lamps Plus accept?
American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are all accepted on LampsPlus.com, as well as PayPal. Customers who wish to pay with a personal check or money order must call customer service to arrange payment. Purchase orders are accepted but must be faxed.

Is Lamps Plus legit?

In general, Lamps Plus is reliable and has good customer service with quick responses via phone and chat. Items found under the Open Box section offer deep discounts — sometimes as high as 70%. However, shipping on these unboxed items can often be high, particularly for rural customers. Because of the shipping prices, buyers might want to do a quick comparison before selecting Open Box products.

The company also requires all customers to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization from a live agent in order to return an item. Nonetheless, Lamps Plus retails a wide variety of products in various styles and with a range of prices, and the company sells high-quality products at reasonable prices.

Lamps Plus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lamps Plus?

Original review: April 22, 2022

Started placing lights in my cart about two weeks ago. Kept changing my mind so would add a few more lights and delete a few. This went on until I finally had all my choices and I was ready to check out. Everything was in the cart that I wanted to order which made checking out so easy. Most websites only keep items in your cart for a couple of days. If you don't order in a timely manner then they empty the cart and you have to find the items again. Not Lamps Plus! I have received two of the lights so far and they are beautiful. Looking forward to receiving the rest and enjoying them in my new home!

Lamps Plus response

Hi - great to see that you had no issues using our site. To keep items around for viewing at a later date, you might also want to try creating a wish list. You can add and delete items and then move them into your shopping cart when you are ready to purchase. Hope you enjoy your new designs and thanks so much for the feedback.

Get buying tips about Lighting Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

As a response to my sad review presentation of a lampshade, which I purchased and was not the correct size, a Lamps Plus Supervisor sent me a response, telling me I could replace the shade with the correct size. To assist me with this task, she sent me a label to send back the inappropriate item. I called Lamps Plus this night and spoke with a wonderful Customer Support Representative, Robert A. He was patient, considerate, and extremely understanding of my situation and the resolution. Robert helped me with my new purchase and contacted his manager to make my shopping experience expedient. In addition, while on the phone with him, I checked on an outstanding item from my last order and found that the item had been ‘discontinued,’ so Robert, again, assisted me: with my order cancellation and refund to my credit card.

All these steps are not easy when shopping online, so the phone call became a refreshing conversation that led to a positive shopping experience. Because I was so pleased, I asked to speak to his Supervisor, Wendy. She called me at home, and I told her how deeply I appreciated her new employee, Robert A, as well as her, for being so accommodating. I love Lamps Plus, its inventory, online site, and especially its phone services. Due to all these beneficial aspects, I have recommended Lamps Plus to my friends, relatives, and even contractors who commented on the lamps I purchased from your company. Thank you so much for how you treat and communicate with customers!

Lamps Plus response

Hi Leslie - thank you, we are glad that we could help you out with your lamp shade and with your other item. If you need any further assistance, or need help selecting a new lighting design, please let us know. Thank you again for the review and comments.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

I think Lamps Plus is great. You are a “must” go website when looking for lighting. I guess if I had anything to suggest, it would be more daring design. I will also check other websites that may not just be “lighting” centric, but they may have more unusual “WOW” designed lights and lamps etc. Or take a trip below The Bowery to the lighting stores who will have things from Europe, Japan or Brazil. I would not want an apartment that is filled with “Wow" lighting. The “Never saw anything like that’s so cool” types of lights, but one or two here and there make your space unique. And, most people underestimate the power of beautiful industrial design (you do have some) but they would potentially be more polarizing too? That being said, I am looking at 4 lamps I bought from you right now!

Lamps Plus response

Hi Richard - thanks for the design suggestions, we always love hearing about our customer's ideas and getting feedback. We are always looking for new designs to feature and bring online, so we will keep your ideas in mind. Thanks so much, we appreciate hearing from you!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Great but on mobile searching/ordering need:

1) Multi select filters (ie, to select 3 separate ‘finishes’ at once).
    2) A way to multi select price range or change $100-200 to “less than 200” so it includes less expensive items too (otherwise my search would miss $99 item).
    3) View in room: when I created photo w/ item superimposed and then “save” there was no way to get “back” or “close”…had to get out completely and reenter search again. Very frustrating.

4) During checkout please make it easier to see expedited shipping options.

Love your products and inventory though, and customer service is excellent. Thanks!

Lamps Plus response

Hi Phyllis - thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We do have multi-select filters in the works, so that's something you will be seeing on both our mobile and desktop sites in the months ahead. We appreciate your comments about the View In Room feature and our cart, and have passed them on to our user experience group for them to see. Thanks again and we hope that you will come visit and shop with us again soon.

Original review: July 24, 2021

The correct rate for my address is 6.25%. You are consistently charging me 8.25%. This is the state rate of 6.25 plus a city rate of 2%. I do not live in a city or other sales tax area so I do not owe that extra 2%.

Lamps Plus response

Hi Paula - we are very sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for your feedback. Sale taxes are charged based on the bigger county zip code. It may be that you are in part of a county that charges a different tax rate amount other than what is associated with your overall county. Our team is in the process of investigating the details and are working on resolving this matter with your respective order. Thank you for the comments.

Original review: May 16, 2022

A very large selection of table lamps & mirrors. This is good. The number of items they have is astounding. Shopping is easy. Lamps & mirrors are well-positioned & easily viewed. Will recommend this site to many friends. Glad to have found this site.

Lamps Plus response

Hi - great to see that you find our sire easy to shop at. Thank you for the comments, and for the recommendation, we appreciate it!

Original review: May 15, 2022

I love this site and the selection of lamps. It was easy to navigate and provided plenty of details. I only worry about having ordered glass lamps and the condition they may arrive in. Most reviews are glowing, and I will have confidence that it will be carefully packed.

Lamps Plus response

Hi - thank you for the feedback and the comments. We do securely pack items for shipping, so your design should arrive safely. Should you receive any design with damage just contact our customer service team and we will gladly replace it for you. Thank you again and we hope that you will enjoy your new lamps.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Product was exactly as described. Package arrived in good time, great condition. Shade is working beautifully. I have just ordered two more matching ones to complete room. The whole experience has been very pleasant.

Lamps Plus response

Great to hear all that, Russell. Ww appreciate the feedback and hope that you will enjoy your new lamp shades.

Original review: May 13, 2022

SO many choices! Thank you for your Open Box items! Your return policy is making this purchase an option. Going to give your company a chance to prove itself. If successful I will be ordering MUCH from this site. Thank you for making this possible.

Lamps Plus response

Thank you for the comments and feedback. Do let us know if you have any questions about your order, we'll be happy to help you out.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I began an order that couldn't be completed due to a spending limit on my card. Because my order wasn't completed, a person from Lamps Plus called my phone minutes afterwards offering assistance and willing to answer any questions I may have. That's awesome!!

Lamps Plus response

Wonderful to hear from you, thank you for the feedback and for your response. We hope that you enjoy your new design, and we look forward to serving you again soon. Thanks again!

Lamps Plus Company Information