Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Ferguson Enterprises Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I needed a 1-1/4” J-bend with captured slip nut for replacing a 1971 vintage lavatory trap on a wall-hung lav. My local Ferguson supply house in Kohler, w/c I didn’t have one, but they had a repair J-bend with an elbow that I could make work. My contractor cost was over $60 for this chrome plated, light-gauge, brass trap! Yesterday, after having installed this “priceless” waste pipe a couple days ago, I found one with the captured nut for just over $13 at Lowe’s in Manitowoc; the same size and of equal quality. Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Our real estate company ordered 2 faucets online. In our attempt to install them, we learned after 3 days making a multitude of phone calls, that Ferguson does not have an escutcheon that fits the faucets. A clerk in their Fort Myers store told us to bring them in and a VISA credit would be issued. But when we tried to return them (with our paper & order # in hand), we were told that their online computer system does not work with their store computer system and they would not be able to issue a credit.

What followed was a level of rude and sexist incompetence from the counter staff. The manager finally showed and took an hour to attempt to decipher the disconnect with their incompatible dysfunctional computer systems. He failed. We had to take the faucets back to our office and ship them. This is the 3rd day We have no guarantee that we will receive our credit. After 3 tortured weeks of their bad communication and systems failures, we got two faucets from Lowe's. Geri **.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I just want to say, this Ferguson in Burlington Mass showroom is the worst place to shop. The sales manager name Alia has no clue what customer service is. I was in the store about a year ago or so and met a wonderful lady name Susan who was the front desk coordinator. She ask this saleswoman on the floor to help me. I heard the saleswoman tell this lady, "NO. CAN'T you see I'm on LUNCH," inhaling a whole pizza I might add. Nevertheless this poor woman ask the manager to help me, and she told her to get my name and number. Are you kidding me, really Ferguson get a grip. Sales starts with the customers!!!! Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Documentation of the situation: Our Service/Installer for the Wolf Products (Jeff) informed me he was “out” indefinitely, and we had no idea that we had other options, which you provided after we asked. None of the appliances were registered, I had to do all of that work myself and I received even more warranty. Makes me wonder what else I am suppose to do. You sold us Electrolux products that are not serviceable in our geographic area, irresponsible to be sure. The dryer was broken, we put in a service call in early July. We chased the service call for several weeks, Ferguson Blue, Frigidaire, Electrolux, Ferguson Leaf? including to your level - and the amount of communication gap, who did you buy from? What is their contact info etc, was beyond reason.

We were finally told that Electrolux would replace. Electrolux returned call and said this was up to Ferguson, or, Ferguson need to pay, or? Still have not figured that out. We were told that we would be communicated when the dryer would be delivered and installed, never happened. As we were ready to leave our home today, the installation person showed up, asking if the dryer was here - surprise! We called Ferguson, they had the team call us (again, no idea what was going on). The dryer was delivered some time later. The dryer was installed and will not turn on, it simply does not operate. Ferguson delivered a broken appliance.

Original review: May 9, 2019

My faucet developed a leak when shut off. Like most faucets the unit has a washer that is designed to create a tight shutoff. However, this washer it is not a standard washer, and is not available anywhere but at Ferguson (because PROFLO is a Ferguson company) and cannot be bought separately. In order to get the proper washer one is forced to buy a repair kit for $24.00 at Ferguson. So if you just need a simple 50 cent washer you are forced to spend $24.00. This is outrageous!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferguson Enterprises?

Original review: April 23, 2019

I purchased and installed a water heater from Ferguson in April 2014. The water heater has a 6 year warranty, and it just failed April 2019. Now using my math that’s just 5 years. According to the Ferguson rep I called, the water heater is out of warranty because it sat in a warehouse for over a year before they sold it to me and the warranty is from the manufacture date. I have never heard of this practice. Ferguson has lost a customer and a reference.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Purchased a Jenn-Air gas downdraft cooktop. We paid for a pre-install visit to be certain that the product would fit in our current space and were provided a set of detailed installation instructions. It clearly illustrated a cooktop with the blower motor and plenum attached to the cooktop. The install team were told by Ferguson not to attach the motor or plenum to the cooktop as we would need a HVAC contractor to attach these two pieces even though they came in the book with the cooktop from Jenn-Air. The sales people stated that we would need to hire an HVAC contractor after the install arrived. Just so happens that Ferguson is a HVAC contractor. Misrepresented what we purchased.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Ferguson's advertised online price for a furnace transformer is $10.76, but you will pay $30.31 in the store. When I inquired about this discrepancy, I was told this was the penalty for "visiting the store in person." Unfortunately, my furnace died during a cold spell and I could not wait for the same part to be shipped from the countless suppliers who sell if for $10. Ferguson benefited from my immediate need for a transformer. When I politely questioned their practices, I was met with an abrupt, bewildering response. Shop at Ferguson at your own risk. I will choose not to.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Called customer service to see if an overnight shipment would still go out that day and was told yes. Four days later I follow up and they said it would take at least another week because it still hadn't shipped. Avoid working with Ferguson if at all possible.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I needed a quick delivery on an air-jetted tub for home under construction. Went to the Alpharetta location because they said they could deliver within 7 days. It took 3 weeks and the tub was in horrible shape. Because of Ferguson's failure to deliver a viable product in the timeframe promised (or even 3 weeks late) I now will have to settle for a regular tub in my new home as I cannot hold up construction while a new air-jetted tub is ordered. I totally blame Ferguson for me not getting the one "special" thing I wanted in the house. Did they offer to expedite delivery of a new, undamaged tub -- no. They wanted to reorder and have me wait another 3-4 weeks. Not professional in their tracking of orders, notifying customer of issues, or expediting the delivery of a new, undamaged tub. See picture below of just one of the damaged areas.

Ferguson Enterprises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1953, Ferguson offers wholesale prices on plumbing, lighting and other home improvement products for consumers. With over 1,400 locations in the United States, Ferguson has a nationwide reach as well as a robust online store.

• Ferguson PRO Plus™: Companies can enroll in the Ferguson PRO Plus™ program to earn points for online purchases. There are also numerous bonus promotions that net companies even more points that can be used for discounts on Ferguson products.

• Ferguson Legislation Center: The Ferguson Legislation Center allows consumers to stay up to date in complying with government regulations and industry standards. Ferguson keeps information current as new laws take effect.

• Inspiration guide: If consumers are unable to visit one of Ferguson’s showrooms, the website contains numerous inspiration profiles to give consumers ideas for remodeling.

• Financing: Ferguson offers promotional financing for lighting, kitchen and bath remodeling. To qualify, the consumer’s purchase must be $799 or more.

• Showroom appointments: Consumers can request an appointment to visit a Ferguson showroom and talk to experts who can help with home improvement and remodeling projects.

• Best for: Ferguson is best for consumers and companies who are looking for wholesale products for their home improvement projects.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team