Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

Ferguson Enterprises Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2020

I purchased a discontinued Feiss mini chandelier floor model that was fully functional on display. They told me I could pick it up at a later date after they removed it from the ceiling display. I picked it up a few days later in a box labeled with another manufacturer (not the original packaging). When I attempted to install it, many hardware parts were missing and there were no instructions. After installation with materials that I had, only one of 4 halogen bulbs worked and one of the bulbs was broken off at the base. I had to replace 3 of the bulbs at a considerable cost. Ferguson personnel replaced the bulbs with non-functioning bulbs and didn’t mention that some of the hardware and instructions were missing. Very poor business practices in my opinion.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I started with Ferguson on a Wed. I spoke with Wilson in the Fort Worth showroom. He called and located one in the warehouse down in Houston. When he called back, he said if I ordered by 3:00, I would get the next day. I called back and left a message to place the order but he never returned my call. So at 2:09 I called again and spoke with Chelsea. She opened an account for me and stated she saw the duct on hold and would place the order. She would then email a tracking number.

Thurs. morning I had not received the tracking number so I called again. The order had not been placed, Chelsea was not in and Wilson was on the phone so I was now handed over to Kaitlin. She researched the order and called the warehouse in Houston. She called me back and stated the duct had been found and a shipping label created; the duct should be be picked up and delivered on Friday. I received the tracking number via text from Wilson after speaking with him.

On Friday, I checked repeatedly the tracking but the duct was never picked up. I called Wilson and left a message stating the duct was still at the warehouse could he call and let me know what was going on. Today is Saturday, just checked the tracking- duct still not picked up. I left a message with Wilson I would be leaving a bad review since the friend that was helping us had to leave on Sunday which throughout this entire ridiculous experience was explained. Here's the thing- I am very detailed in what I need and want. When you STATE you are going to do it- DO IT and FOLLOW THROUGH. The Fort Worth Showroom has NONE and I mean NONE of that. DO NOT USE THIS LOCATION.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I needed a 1-1/4” J-bend with captured slip nut for replacing a 1971 vintage lavatory trap on a wall-hung lav. My local Ferguson supply house in Kohler, w/c I didn’t have one, but they had a repair J-bend with an elbow that I could make work. My contractor cost was over $60 for this chrome plated, light-gauge, brass trap! Yesterday, after having installed this “priceless” waste pipe a couple days ago, I found one with the captured nut for just over $13 at Lowe’s in Manitowoc; the same size and of equal quality. Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Our real estate company ordered 2 faucets online. In our attempt to install them, we learned after 3 days making a multitude of phone calls, that Ferguson does not have an escutcheon that fits the faucets. A clerk in their Fort Myers store told us to bring them in and a VISA credit would be issued. But when we tried to return them (with our paper & order # in hand), we were told that their online computer system does not work with their store computer system and they would not be able to issue a credit.

What followed was a level of rude and sexist incompetence from the counter staff. The manager finally showed and took an hour to attempt to decipher the disconnect with their incompatible dysfunctional computer systems. He failed. We had to take the faucets back to our office and ship them. This is the 3rd day We have no guarantee that we will receive our credit. After 3 tortured weeks of their bad communication and systems failures, we got two faucets from Lowe's. Geri **.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I just want to say, this Ferguson in Burlington Mass showroom is the worst place to shop. The sales manager name Alia has no clue what customer service is. I was in the store about a year ago or so and met a wonderful lady name Susan who was the front desk coordinator. She ask this saleswoman on the floor to help me. I heard the saleswoman tell this lady, "NO. CAN'T you see I'm on LUNCH," inhaling a whole pizza I might add. Nevertheless this poor woman ask the manager to help me, and she told her to get my name and number. Are you kidding me, really Ferguson get a grip. Sales starts with the customers!!!! Thanks for nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferguson Enterprises?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Documentation of the situation: Our Service/Installer for the Wolf Products (Jeff) informed me he was “out” indefinitely, and we had no idea that we had other options, which you provided after we asked. None of the appliances were registered, I had to do all of that work myself and I received even more warranty. Makes me wonder what else I am suppose to do. You sold us Electrolux products that are not serviceable in our geographic area, irresponsible to be sure. The dryer was broken, we put in a service call in early July. We chased the service call for several weeks, Ferguson Blue, Frigidaire, Electrolux, Ferguson Leaf? including to your level - and the amount of communication gap, who did you buy from? What is their contact info etc, was beyond reason.

We were finally told that Electrolux would replace. Electrolux returned call and said this was up to Ferguson, or, Ferguson need to pay, or? Still have not figured that out. We were told that we would be communicated when the dryer would be delivered and installed, never happened. As we were ready to leave our home today, the installation person showed up, asking if the dryer was here - surprise! We called Ferguson, they had the team call us (again, no idea what was going on). The dryer was delivered some time later. The dryer was installed and will not turn on, it simply does not operate. Ferguson delivered a broken appliance.

Original review: May 9, 2019

My faucet developed a leak when shut off. Like most faucets the unit has a washer that is designed to create a tight shutoff. However, this washer it is not a standard washer, and is not available anywhere but at Ferguson (because PROFLO is a Ferguson company) and cannot be bought separately. In order to get the proper washer one is forced to buy a repair kit for $24.00 at Ferguson. So if you just need a simple 50 cent washer you are forced to spend $24.00. This is outrageous!!

Original review: April 23, 2019

I purchased and installed a water heater from Ferguson in April 2014. The water heater has a 6 year warranty, and it just failed April 2019. Now using my math that’s just 5 years. According to the Ferguson rep I called, the water heater is out of warranty because it sat in a warehouse for over a year before they sold it to me and the warranty is from the manufacture date. I have never heard of this practice. Ferguson has lost a customer and a reference.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Purchased a Jenn-Air gas downdraft cooktop. We paid for a pre-install visit to be certain that the product would fit in our current space and were provided a set of detailed installation instructions. It clearly illustrated a cooktop with the blower motor and plenum attached to the cooktop. The install team were told by Ferguson not to attach the motor or plenum to the cooktop as we would need a HVAC contractor to attach these two pieces even though they came in the book with the cooktop from Jenn-Air. The sales people stated that we would need to hire an HVAC contractor after the install arrived. Just so happens that Ferguson is a HVAC contractor. Misrepresented what we purchased.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Ferguson's advertised online price for a furnace transformer is $10.76, but you will pay $30.31 in the store. When I inquired about this discrepancy, I was told this was the penalty for "visiting the store in person." Unfortunately, my furnace died during a cold spell and I could not wait for the same part to be shipped from the countless suppliers who sell if for $10. Ferguson benefited from my immediate need for a transformer. When I politely questioned their practices, I was met with an abrupt, bewildering response. Shop at Ferguson at your own risk. I will choose not to.

Ferguson Enterprises author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1953, Ferguson offers wholesale prices on plumbing, lighting and other home improvement products for consumers. With over 1,400 locations in the United States, Ferguson has a nationwide reach as well as a robust online store.

• Ferguson PRO Plus™: Companies can enroll in the Ferguson PRO Plus™ program to earn points for online purchases. There are also numerous bonus promotions that net companies even more points that can be used for discounts on Ferguson products.

• Ferguson Legislation Center: The Ferguson Legislation Center allows consumers to stay up to date in complying with government regulations and industry standards. Ferguson keeps information current as new laws take effect.

• Inspiration guide: If consumers are unable to visit one of Ferguson’s showrooms, the website contains numerous inspiration profiles to give consumers ideas for remodeling.

• Financing: Ferguson offers promotional financing for lighting, kitchen and bath remodeling. To qualify, the consumer’s purchase must be $799 or more.

• Showroom appointments: Consumers can request an appointment to visit a Ferguson showroom and talk to experts who can help with home improvement and remodeling projects.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team