Ferguson Enterprises

Compare Bath & Plumbing Companies

Research top Bath & Plumbing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Stopped into Ferguson's showroom 10/31/16 to look at their bathroom vanities. Was there approximately 11:45 am. Walked around store and saw a white 37in grey granite top with square sink exactly what I needed. There was a green paper on it showing it was marked down and "as is" for 1000.00. Questioned sales rep and she came to the vanity and said there was nothing wrong with it that occasionally they mark down floor models so they can make room for new merchandise. Took pictures of vanity and sent them to my husband to see if he liked what I was looking at. He too fell in love with it. Told rep I would take it today however couldn't pick it up until later cause I had to make arrangements to get help to carry it in house. She said that was fine just give her 1 hour notice to give them time to wrap it up so it can be moved without damage and I could make payment prior to coming by phone.

She then taped a sold sign on the vanity. Went home made arrangements to have someone come to house to help carry it in. When he arrived I called Ashley the sales rep and made my payment and told her we would be there in an hour to pick it up. She said ok and said she had to check on something. She came back to phone and said they made a mistake - the vanity we looked at on the floor and paid for was not the one on sale it was the one next to it. She said someone misplaced the sale paper or was placed there by accident. She wanted to know if I wanted the correct one on sale which was Brown. I told her no I needed the white one with the dark gray top that we had talked about when I was there.

She then apologized and said didn't know how sales ticket got on the wrong vanity and she was sorry for the disappointment and she wouldn't put through my charge card. I am so disappointed and feel they should of still honored the sale being that was the one that was marked on sale. I have two pictures of vanity showing sale advertisement on it. However Ferguson refused to honor THEIR mistake!

I went in today with an antique-style shower fixture that I have been having trouble with in terms of local repair or replacement. Meanwhile, I can't take a shower. I won't go into detail except to say that the man at the front desk, after seeing that Ferguson's was not able to replace or repair, was short, indifferent, and couldn't be bothered. Not that I was being a rude or pressing customer. I didn't force the issue at the store because I did not want to escalate and possibly diminish service to other customers. I just left with a shaking head. So many "family" and "local" businesses complain about competition, and yet I have found that Grass Valley businesses have short hours, and short tempers. Ferguson's is really one that stands out as a first impression "0" in customer service. I am now dealing with plumbing supply people in Auburn and Sacramento. Much better!

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 I wrote a check for $435.18 to Ferguson for a toilet. My husband and I decided that instead of replacing the second bathroom toilet, we would prefer to remodel the entire bathroom. We cancelled the order on Monday, May 9, 2016. The check cleared on May 9th. Two calls have been made; both times the representative said he would contact the main office and have them send the refund. He also stated he would call back and give us the status. Today is June 2nd and we have not received the refund and no one from Ferguson has contacted us. I am a retired USAF civilian employee on a limited annuity. Ferguson's practices are despicable. I will not be purchasing anything from Ferguson in the future and I will let my family members and friends know about their deceptive business practices.

Ferguson delayed processing an order for a Trane heat pump coil until the warranty had expired. Granted, it only had two weeks left, but they delayed and now a woman in her late 70s is responsible for her complete repairs. Ferguson was contacted multiple times, but refused saying, "it's out of warranty." I have a service invoice from another company that first diagnosed the problem -- proving that it was a warranty part. I attempted to order the part, within the warranty period, and was told they would get it handled on Monday. They did not -- either on Monday or the whole next week. The lesson here is do not call Ferguson at 5 minutes before closing on a Friday night.

After their 3rd party delivery service cancelled on my delivery, after several phone calls and complaining, Ferguson used their own delivery truck and staff. What a mistake. Not only did they throw the appliance around, they put 2 gouges in my newly finished oak floors. They stated they were only to drop off at the driveway. The stove alone weighs 530 lbs and it was bolted from the bottom through a pallet. How would I be able to move it? Salesperson was totally misleading during purchase about delivery. After this nightmare, will never use Ferguson again and highly recommend everyone else to give it serious thought before you do. Lots of other, more customer-oriented places that want your business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferguson Enterprises?

I had a major home renovation and went with Ferguson for kitchen fixtures and two baths and it was honestly nightmarish. I rarely complain about service but this was so over the top that I have to write. The errors are numerous: wrong items, items that did not work, overcharged on an item and waited 9 months for refund, shipping damaged items, delivery refusing to bring the box into the doorway in the dead of winter, and on and on. I would highly recommend you read the other reviews and avoid this company despite their impressive selection.

Purchased a Kohler brass showerhead at Ferguson.com because they didn't have a showroom anywhere locally where I could see it. It arrived, and I connected it to my water flow restrictor, which I have always used in every house, on every shower. The poor design of the showerhead would not allow the switch to move on the water restrictor, so the purchased showerhead was useless to me.

I called 4 different numbers, and was transferred to lots of worthless people who told me I could not return it, because it was "used". I stated that I have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, been refused an online return. I was promised callbacks, and never received them. What a total and complete SCAM! I paid $111 for this piece of garbage, and they won't give me a refund. I am a single parent with 2 children in college, and that amount is a fortune to me. This was not a luxury purchase. My existing showerhead was cracked.

Never buy from Ferguson. If you must, be absolutely certain, you can afford to lose your money, and that the product will work for you, sight unseen, or you lose! Also, I have read other reviews that products arrived damaged, and they could not get a refund either. My only recourse at this point is to dispute it with my credit card company. I hope they will do the morally and ethically right thing, and refuse to pay Ferguson.com. It's a shame that an American company scams people. Shame on them. Ferguson should not be rewarded for scamming people. I'm also very disappointed in the poor quality of Kohler, which is not cheap!

I ordered a faucet in Chrome instead of brushed. Without taking the part out of the box I ordered the proper one and returned the faucet per their instructions. I was notified that the faucet was "damaged" and I would not have my money refunded, but they would send me the faucet for another $12. Since I never looked at the faucet closely, it may have been damaged from already being returned once, who knows. A picture was not provided.

I purchased a shower door, bathtub and shower faucet from Ferguson in Cedar Rapids from Ashley. We hired a professional to install the door. The professional glass installer said it was not possible to install the door as the lip of bathtub was too narrow. I called Ashley who was rude about a return and suggested I contact someone who knew what they were doing. She charged a 10% restock fee, would not refund it back to my card stating I would get a check in 2 weeks. After further research, I discovered home depot had the exact same door, same manufacturer and glass thickness for 30% less. I was also over charged for the tub and shower faucet.

Ferguson Enterprises AKA plumbing supply. Horrible Customer Service. My second time there after they hired new counter help. I guess they don't need the money. I couldn't give them my money to accept bad service and attitude. Instead I went to The Home Depot less than a mile away and got great service with a smile.

Reading the other reviews about Ferguson, I can hardly believe it is the same company I dealt with. I just moved into a house where a part was missing from the sink drain. It was installed in 1992 and I couldn't find the part anywhere. Ferguson parts tracked it down for me and sent a new one at no charge.

I placed an order for some pipe and fittings, around $8000 worth. When delivered, I noticed that there were several items that I hadn't ordered. They are refusing to take it back, saying that I should have caught it before accepting, and it was all special order. The parts were of a different material, and the wrong size but they are trying to stick me with $1200 in materials I did not order, and cannot use.

On 10/3/2012, I filled the soap/lotion dispenser that was installed in the kitchen, inserted in the granite Jan 2012 by my contractor. Within 30 minutes, I noticed pink dish soap all over the floor. I opened the sink cabinet and saw pink soap all over the bottom of the cabinet. The bottle from the dispenser had broken off from the neck of the bottle. It had yellow dish soap in it and was on the bottom of the sink cabinet.

I went to speak to the manager at Ferguson in Forked River. He told me 99 percent of customers break the bottles. I had nothing under the sink to have the bottle and my sink is a deep sink. My sink cabinet was destroyed; he has done nothing to help me. I brought the bottle in. I also told him I wanted a factory rep, who sells his company the bottle. He has done nothing. I want a new cabinet, and I want the contractor who installed it to install the new one. The cabinet was $600. Labor is $500 per day.

Your advertisement regarding Pitts is ludicrous to say the least! That is "what happened". I would love to hear the consequences for the idiots that made the advertisement!

Cooktop cannot be cleaned of spots; oven electronic controls are so hard to push it is rarely used; dishwasher finally fixed after many attempts and working properly (for the moment).

I want someone to call me and tell me how to clean the cooktop and how the controls could be adjusted or if I can have the oven replaced. Overall rating: no star!

We recently completed construction on a very upscale residence in Westover Hills Texas. It was completed in November of 2009. Our outdoor kitchen consists of Viking Grill, Cooler, and Ice maker. Every piece of equipment has had to be serviced or replaced. Recently, the week before 4th of July, the ice maker stopped working as well, for the second time.

Ferguson was contacted and a work order was issued to CW Service. We have been without ice maker ever since, and we are told that the part is still a week out. This Customer has been without this unit for a full month in the middle of summer in Texas and needs this matter resolved. This unit needs to be replaced. It created an inconvenient situation during the heat of summer, including the biggest Summer Holiday, in an area that was designed and built to entertain with convenience.

On 16th of June, I purchased $3955.73. worth of bathroom items, tub, swan-stone tub/shower surround, toilet, swan-stone vanity top. I was informed by sales consultant that swan-stone would need 10 days for order. On 18th of June, Ferguson delivered a partial delivery minus the swan-stone tub surround and vanity top which would be in around 28th of June. On 28th of June, I called Ferguson and was advised by the sales consultant, who took my initial order, that they were having some kind of problem with the swan-stone's run and that an additional 10 days would be required for delivery.

On 13th of July I contacted Ferguson again and was informed by sales supervisor that their sale consultant had erred on my order and that I should be receiving my order sometime around Friday, the 16th of July. In the meantime, I had contacted Swan-stone who advised me they did not have any issues and in fact, they had 10 tub/shower surrounds in stock and available for delivery. The issue is that Ferguson has received my full payment since June 16, but they has not confirmed a sure delivery. I had planned the refurbishing of my bathroom based on their initial delivery schedule, and I only have a 1-bath home.

When I had advised Ferguson that I had filed a Better Business and Consumers affairs complaint about their customer service, the Supervisor stated that I should have contacted her and not the Sales consultant. Besides, Consumers and Better Business had no teeth anyway and that she could have helped. I advised her that I had contacted Ferguson numerous times, and also had been informed that she was made aware of my order problems. As of this writing, I'm still without a bathroom vanity top and a tub/shower. I am awaiting on their delivery of which I still do not have a confirmed date.

I'm a 100% disabled Veteran, who lives in a 1-bath home and have been without a bathroom sink or tub and shower since June 28. This has resulted in me having to shower at family members' homes every morning which involves driving 10 miles each way.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1953, Ferguson offers wholesale prices on plumbing, lighting and other home improvement products for consumers. With over 1,400 locations in the United States, Ferguson has a nationwide reach as well as a robust online store.

• Ferguson PRO Plus™: Companies can enroll in the Ferguson PRO Plus™ program to earn points for online purchases. There are also numerous bonus promotions that net companies even more points that can be used for discounts on Ferguson products.
  • Ferguson Legislation Center: The Ferguson Legislation Center allows consumers to stay up to date in complying with government regulations and industry standards. Ferguson keeps information current as new laws take effect.
  • Inspiration guide: If consumers are unable to visit one of Ferguson’s showrooms, the website contains numerous inspiration profiles to give consumers ideas for remodeling.
  • Financing: Ferguson offers promotional financing for lighting, kitchen and bath remodeling. To qualify, the consumer’s purchase must be $799 or more.
  • Showroom appointments: Consumers can request an appointment to visit a Ferguson showroom and talk to experts who can help with home improvement and remodeling projects.
  • Best for Ferguson is best for consumers and companies who are looking for wholesale products for their home improvement projects.

Compare Lighting Stores