3.3/5 (79 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Ferguson Enterprises

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Ferguson Enterprises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferguson Enterprises?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

We purchased a Liebherr Refrigerator from Ferguson in 2021. The fridge stopped working in December 2022. Liebherr's repair service blamed shipping - their technician said "it looks like someone dropped it on cement." We have made many attempts to resolve the situation. Liebherr says it isn't covered by them. Ferguson has left us without any support or recourse. It's caveat emptor - better hope things work out because if they don't, they will not help you. Don't purchase more than you can afford to lose. If you do buy from them, make sure you have the item checked by a professional. Or better yet, buy from a more reputable company that cares about its customers. Note - It was difficult to submit this review. The site is rejecting the entry.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I purchased the extended warranty for $500.00 of which 1/2 ($250) was to be returned if no service repairs were needed during the 5 year period. I wrote it down and perked my calendar but lost my phone and its contents. Nevertheless I remembered it 5 years and 7 months later. I filed a claim with the warranty company "New Leaf" and they said: "You have to file the claim within 30 days after the 5th year. It's in the fine print." Pay $13,000 for a 18 cubic feet refrigerator and they never serviced it (By the way there is no service company in the area) and will not refund my 1/2 cost of the Extended Warranty. What a rip off.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

We purchased a refrigerator from Ferguson in Lakewood, NJ. It was delivered, but did not work. After many phone calls, we were given a repair date with an outside company 2 weeks from the date of delivery. Meanwhile, we do not have a working refrigerator. No one from Ferguson has reached out to try to find an earlier appointment, offer a replacement, etc. We will not use them again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I have been dealing with Jim Manager and Veronica Sales rep on a replacement Medicine cabinet for months now. The first time both medicine cabinets were delivered broken. The second time off of the 2 was delivered broken, the third time they sent us the wrong replacement door. their communication is delayed and they have no care for the lack of customer service that they have been providing. I would like to speak to someone above Jim and no one is giving me their contact information.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

We ordered bathtub through Kyle ** at Ferguson showroom in Katy on August 12 with the agreement that it will be delivered on time for our project Sept 6. Credit card was charged in full the same day. As of today, five weeks later, we still don’t have a tub and stuck with the gutted bathroom since the project cannot be finished without the tub. Nobody at Ferguson offered any explanation or warned about delay in shipment. Kyle or store manager are unresponsive to calls or emails. There is nobody to be found to resolve the situation. Beware of doing business with ferguson.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I called Ferguson in Simi Valley to inquire about in-stock items for immediate purchase and the phone rolled over to Ferguson/Build.com Customer Service. Rep Susie said she could have a sink at that store for pick-up by 7:30am the following morning. I made the purchase and my contractor went to the store the following day to find out that the sink had not been sent to the store. Called the store and was again rolled over to Customer Service where supervisor Daniel made plenty of excuses and offered delivery five days later. According to CS, there's no way to speak to anyone in a store and their hours of operation include Saturday (no one answers the phone on Saturday). Ferguson has my money and I don't have a sink, but worst of all, my job has been delayed for several days because of this mess up.

Original review: June 19, 2022

The motto on their trucks state: "Nobody expects more from us than we do". This statement is a bad joke. Here are their service failures: 1) The salesman didn't know enough about the product line (Thermador) to ensure we had a complete order. We figured out on our own 5 months after the original order was placed that we needed a vent hood fan motor. When confronted by this error, the salesman blamed us (the customer) and basically laughed off any responsibility. His error delayed our project by almost a year.

2) Our pre-installation meeting was rescheduled without any notification to the customer, causing the waste of half a day of waiting around. Their dispatcher emphatically promised to "make it up to us" but nothing was ever done or said after the initial promise. Additionally, no notification was given on the day of installation regarding a time of arrival. The installers arrived unexpectedly at 8AM, creating a rushed and chaotic experience.

3) Our salesman forced us to store our incomplete order of $50,000 of appliances (minus the all important vent hood fan motor) in the owner's very crowded garage for months because "they were out of room in their warehouse". 4) The wrong refrigerator/freezer handles were delivered, causing further delay. When addressed with our salesman, he forced us to pay for the correct handles. After we objected, he promised to make it right. However, he failed to show up to two scheduled visits and then wrong handles were again sent and the installers were able to do nothing. To date, 2 phone calls have been placed to our salesman over the past week and a half with no response.

I would not recommend Ferguson to my worst enemy. Their incompetence and lack of proper service have made our experience with them dreadful. Dealing with Ferguson is like dealing with a huge government bureaucracy, forcing the customer to navigate numerous phone numbers with lengthy recorded prompts to someone different each time who has no knowledge of any prior dealings with any other employee - essentially, the right hand has no idea of what the left hand is doing. Go to Ferguson only if you like your time wasted and enjoy regular frustration.

Original review: May 17, 2022

In February 2022, my contractor ordered an ADA rated tub from Ferguson's Build.com website. The tub was installed in May, however, there were indents all around the top indicating that a piece was missing. The contractor contacted Ferguson, assuming it was a flange that was needed. As it turned out, the tub needed to be installed with a tub surround, which was not indicated in the Build.com on-line description or specifications. The only reference to the surround was in the comment section where someone asked if a surround was needed.

I contacted Ferguson's Customer Service about the lack of adequate information on their Build.com website, and they forwarded my complaint to the local store in Manahawkin, NJ. The Store Manager in Manahawkin "investigated" and blamed the contractor saying he should have read the comment section before ordering. The company essentially refused to acknowledge that their ordering site was missing critical information regarding the tub, but offered me a $75 refund against a tub that cost nearly $1000, not including the contractor labor and tile cost. In my opinion, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE, AS THE COMPANY DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THE ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I scheduled an appointment in early January to all new appliances for my kitchen. This included refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, and cooktop. When picking out appliances with the sales associate I told her our need to receive appliances as soon as possible so we apparently only looking at “in stock” items. My husband and I paid for appliances and were given delivery date of 4/8. I called the associate on this day because I had not heard from them and was told that two of our items (refrigerator and oven) were not in yet and that she would check on items and give me a call back in a couple of days.

I never heard back from her so fast forward to today 4/25. I called back and was told that new delivery dates were were June for one item and 7/8 for the other also saying that those dates could change. When I questioned the sales associate about the items supposedly being in stock she became defensive and stated she never told me this (she did, we only looked at certain appliances for this reason) and I could get a refund. I explained that we have waited over 5 months and that if we cancelled now we would be starting over somewhere else. She then told me that there was a shortage of microchips and there was nothing they could do. I again tried to get an explanation as to why she told me items were in stock and she denied having the conversation with me and again unapologetically offered a refund.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I ordered an appliance package from the Katy location last July 2021. I had the sales staff Nicholas and Matthew check inventory specifically for the range to make sure I build a package around a range that was in stock. Matthew checked the inventory and assure me the range was in stock and said everything else would be in by September. I ordered that moment.

Ferguson never let me know otherwise until I started to prepare for delivery after my cabinets were done. Only AFTER I reached out Ferguson told me the range and other appliances were backordered until October. I questioned how my range was not in stock when they assured me it was in stock the minute I ordered. Ferguson never contacted me ever to update me on further delays. I had to chase them down and wait days for a response only to find out everything was delayed again and again. Some of my appliances were finally installed the end of February 2022. My range and hood are now delayed until September 2022.

We are so upset and feel misled by the sales team to make a sale. Ferguson is unapologetic, offered a refund 8 months after my order leaving me no choice but to wait. I continually asked if there was another range in stock and Nicholas repeatedly said no. Upon searching their site myself I found an in stock range. I asked Ferguson to sell it to me at cost due to this issue and they refused. Beware of doing business with this company. The sales team is only interested in making a sale, not that they misled us and we won’t have a range for 15+months. Terrible.

Ferguson Enterprises author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1953, Ferguson offers wholesale prices on plumbing, lighting and other home improvement products for consumers. With over 1,400 locations in the United States, Ferguson has a nationwide reach as well as a robust online store.

• Ferguson PRO Plus™: Companies can enroll in the Ferguson PRO Plus™ program to earn points for online purchases. There are also numerous bonus promotions that net companies even more points that can be used for discounts on Ferguson products.

• Ferguson Legislation Center: The Ferguson Legislation Center allows consumers to stay up to date in complying with government regulations and industry standards. Ferguson keeps information current as new laws take effect.

• Inspiration guide: If consumers are unable to visit one of Ferguson’s showrooms, the website contains numerous inspiration profiles to give consumers ideas for remodeling.

• Financing: Ferguson offers promotional financing for lighting, kitchen and bath remodeling. To qualify, the consumer’s purchase must be $799 or more.

• Showroom appointments: Consumers can request an appointment to visit a Ferguson showroom and talk to experts who can help with home improvement and remodeling projects.

Ferguson Enterprises Company Information