3.7/5 (133 ratings)
Find an Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing partner
Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Ferguson Enterprises

Banner image

Need help with a bathroom project?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Ferguson Enterprises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferguson Enterprises?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ferguson Enterprises?

Original review: April 25, 2022

I scheduled an appointment in early January to all new appliances for my kitchen. This included refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, and cooktop. When picking out appliances with the sales associate I told her our need to receive appliances as soon as possible so we apparently only looking at “in stock” items. My husband and I paid for appliances and were given delivery date of 4/8. I called the associate on this day because I had not heard from them and was told that two of our items (refrigerator and oven) were not in yet and that she would check on items and give me a call back in a couple of days.

I never heard back from her so fast forward to today 4/25. I called back and was told that new delivery dates were were June for one item and 7/8 for the other also saying that those dates could change. When I questioned the sales associate about the items supposedly being in stock she became defensive and stated she never told me this (she did, we only looked at certain appliances for this reason) and I could get a refund. I explained that we have waited over 5 months and that if we cancelled now we would be starting over somewhere else. She then told me that there was a shortage of microchips and there was nothing they could do. I again tried to get an explanation as to why she told me items were in stock and she denied having the conversation with me and again unapologetically offered a refund.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I ordered an appliance package from the Katy location last July 2021. I had the sales staff Nicholas and Matthew check inventory specifically for the range to make sure I build a package around a range that was in stock. Matthew checked the inventory and assure me the range was in stock and said everything else would be in by September. I ordered that moment.

Ferguson never let me know otherwise until I started to prepare for delivery after my cabinets were done. Only AFTER I reached out Ferguson told me the range and other appliances were backordered until October. I questioned how my range was not in stock when they assured me it was in stock the minute I ordered. Ferguson never contacted me ever to update me on further delays. I had to chase them down and wait days for a response only to find out everything was delayed again and again. Some of my appliances were finally installed the end of February 2022. My range and hood are now delayed until September 2022.

We are so upset and feel misled by the sales team to make a sale. Ferguson is unapologetic, offered a refund 8 months after my order leaving me no choice but to wait. I continually asked if there was another range in stock and Nicholas repeatedly said no. Upon searching their site myself I found an in stock range. I asked Ferguson to sell it to me at cost due to this issue and they refused. Beware of doing business with this company. The sales team is only interested in making a sale, not that they misled us and we won’t have a range for 15+months. Terrible.

Get buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I needed some fixtures for a bathroom remodel. Our contractor recommended Ferguson here in Lincoln NE. We had to make an appointment with the store so I called the # on the website. It went to a central operator who forwarded my call to a phone at the local store. That person was out of the office so I left a message to call me back to make an appointment. After about a week, we called again and had to leave a message with another sales person. Neither one contacted us back. I again called the central operator and explained how we had not heard back. She then contacted the first person I had left a message for and they called me back. When I questioned her about why no one had gotten back to me, she hung up on me.

Original review: March 17, 2022

All I wanted was a toilet seat that would match our old colored toilet. My simple order put the friendly helpful staff at the counter to the challenge! I brought the beat up old elongated seat and in addition to the counter man, a woman came up to assist with selecting the best match. The colored elongated seat had to be ordered, and would likely be here on less than a week. The cost, of the Kohler seat was approximately $42 on the order slip given to me, was compatible with Amazon online and Home Depot in Riverhead. I hear nothing and 8 days later, after a few calls (really not simple and possible to just speak to someone, anyone at Southampton Ferguson. Leaving my number to be called back did not work first time because when I got the call back from Virginia??? Without caller ID, I picked up and heard nothing and hung up.

I called store directly and this time someone picked up and tried to be helpful. However, she could not find proof of my order, when given my name. I did not have the order slip with me. I then decided to go back to the Store Counter Service, where the same fellow who had been so helpful the previous week, after much unsuccessful effort looking for the toilet seat, with difficulty located the recorded sales slip. He made a couple further calls and told me, that not just one, BUT TWO, colored elongated seats had arrived. He had no idea why two seats were ordered. I suggested maybe it was another customer’s order, but he said no. The price however was over $120, three times the quoted price! He said the $42 was for white, but the cost was over $120 due to the extra work adding the color, and that he would not have anything other than the lower base price recorded on the order slip.

No, I do not believe this was an intentional and unethical Bait and Switch. I believe it was just one of many human errors encountered in my whole shopping experience with this otherwise high quality and always very helpful and friendly store. And a simple apology about the screw up would have been appropriate. I told him that I was really not interested in his $120 plus toilet seat and left rather disappointed, and upset about wasting two visits and many phone calls to Ferguson. And no new toilet set after over a week of patiently waiting. I ordered an acceptable Kohler toilet seat for under $40 from Amazon, and delivered free to my door in under 24 hours.

It is much lighter weight that the more costly seat that Ferguson had ordered, so not fair to compare. I tried calling a manager at Southampton Ferguson. to share this one local customer’s terrible shopping experience, but no one was available and my name and number were not requested. Something’s need fixing at this great store with plenty of staff in the Counter Service department, especially when it comes to the small shopper. We all makes mistakes and taking responsibility for errors includes apologizing.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I buy plumbing supplies and equipment from Ferguson on various occasions. Recently I visited and like usual the two employees I believe to be Ryan and Fred were there to greet me. I am not a professional plumber but I can do good work because I am meticulous when I want something done right. They are always polite and patient there, because I'm not always sure what I am looking for in application. They are responsive and knowledgeable to my plumbing or related needs. It really felt good on my last visit because they made a complicated task easier to complete. I would recommend these employees and their company to anyone for their products and service. Many Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Shady practices within Ferguson by the mgr who replace parts of customers Delta, Kohler etc products with cheap, faulty. Aug 26th 2021 your mgr replaced different style shower head cartridge that per your recommended plumber-did not fit again at the time of installation and he left my new delta shower head leaking and took that DIFFERENT STYLE CARTRIDGE to his home--without my knowledge---wrong practices at different levels--. I took hours of my time to HELP FERGUSON CLEAN UP SUCH SHADY MESS.

Faucets of Kohler purchased from Ferguson had leaked within a year, your plumber had said then too at the time of installation that the parts Ferguson sold with faucet--do not fit. So, when it happens 3 times in a row within few yrs time, then it becomes clear something Not Right going on as things UNFOLDED within last week when my shower head was installed on Aug 26th 2021 and it leaked while plumber was still there and left. I've never experienced such deceptive business practices ever by any business.

The least Mr. Kevin Murphy President of Ferguson should thank me for spending one week worth of my time/efforts TO HELP FERGUSON clean up shady practices in Oakdale MN store. NOT TRANSPARENT. I provided proofs with details and at National level office of President said --they are having meetings to clean up such shady practices within Ferguson---where good makes as DELTA , KOHLER, ETC THEIR FAUCETS, SHOWER HEAS LEAK. Because their original parts are replaced by ferguson employee with different style parts ---some fit and some parts don't during installation. How can anyone trust such a co.???

Well delta & kohler trusts ferguson too as I did, and delta shower head leaks right at the time of installation because showroom mgr admitted to district mgr mike that she replaced in error the cartridge with a different style cartridge. Well all faucets, shower heads leaked over the yrs. Error can happen once and not every time! Yes a huge shadyness at ferguson enterprises. They are not transparent.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Repeated attempts to resolve product delivery with Client Services were unsuccessful. Promised call backs did not happen. Passed from person to person without resolution. Not meeting their promised delivery times resulted in delayed construction schedule.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

After writing a review detailing my issues regarding my new Miele range, I was finally contacted by Ferguson and Miele. The issue was finally corrected. I was contacted by my salesperson (Roy, who has always been wonderful and professional) as well as Alysa ** to be sure I was satisfied. I was definitely satisfied with Ferguson and will continue to shop there however I don’t think I’ll buy or recommend Miele products.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I expend about $18,000 in appliances, first the appliances come too much later than promised, 2nd. after we paid and we have a problem because they send the wrong equipment, there are nobody that answer the phone. Nobody to talk to give us a solution. Our project of Kitchen remodeling is in the middle and can't be finish because they don't want to change the wrong item. Finally we have to go to another store and do a new purchase, and give away one of the Ferguson appliance.

Original review: March 18, 2021

I bought a shower kit from Ferguson. The kit arrived with a component that wasn't needed for the particular kit. The plumber ended up installing the extra part (a diverter that diverts the water from the shower head to the hand-held shower). When the wall was tiled and was time to install all the trims, he realized there was no trim for that diverter and asked me to get it. When I contacted the company's brand, I was told that it was my plumbers mistake and they would not send me a trim for that part.

When I told Ferguson of my problem, that the extra component made the plumber make the wrong installation, the amazing Customer Care person, Catie, went through extra lengths to get me my missing part and some additional elements that were needed for the wrongful set-up free of charge. I was so impressed by the level of care. Ferguson's priority was to solve my problem and help me finish the shower set-up and at no charge to me. They could have just 'washed their hands' and say it was our mistake but they didn't, they really took care of me as a customer. I can't remember when it was the last time I received such high quality service. I will always buy my plumbing fixtures from Ferguson.

Ferguson Enterprises author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1953, Ferguson offers wholesale prices on plumbing, lighting and other home improvement products for consumers. With over 1,400 locations in the United States, Ferguson has a nationwide reach as well as a robust online store.

• Ferguson PRO Plus™: Companies can enroll in the Ferguson PRO Plus™ program to earn points for online purchases. There are also numerous bonus promotions that net companies even more points that can be used for discounts on Ferguson products.

• Ferguson Legislation Center: The Ferguson Legislation Center allows consumers to stay up to date in complying with government regulations and industry standards. Ferguson keeps information current as new laws take effect.

• Inspiration guide: If consumers are unable to visit one of Ferguson’s showrooms, the website contains numerous inspiration profiles to give consumers ideas for remodeling.

• Financing: Ferguson offers promotional financing for lighting, kitchen and bath remodeling. To qualify, the consumer’s purchase must be $799 or more.

• Showroom appointments: Consumers can request an appointment to visit a Ferguson showroom and talk to experts who can help with home improvement and remodeling projects.

Ferguson Enterprises Company Information