3.4/5 (653 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: July 16, 2022

On Friday 5 gallons of sealer cost me $111.30 then the next day Saturday they wanted $126.14. $15 price markup overnight is greedy. Then the customer service was of no help. Take your money elsewhere.

Original review: July 6, 2022

An order that I placed in May but still has not been delivered, has an item that is reduced in price currently. I requested a price match for store credit for the difference since I haven't even received the item yet. The rep contacted a supervisor and was told no. Nothing can be done except cancel the order and re-order with the new price. This is ridiculous. Why can't at least a store credit be given for the difference of the price now especially since I have not even received the item?!? This is one way to quickly lose customers, such as myself. My order was for more than $13k and I won't be using Home Depot again for anything. There are so many other places to purchase from that are actually customer friendly stores, which Home Depot is not. The associate gave this message when I asked for the supervisor's name which made the decision. "My name is Kyle and my associate ID is **." He wouldn't provide his supervisor's name.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Just a horrendous experience from the start. Ordered a fridge 6 weeks ago online. Was told it was on its way, and the website even showed a delivery date. The date came and passed with no word. Called in to figure out what was going on, they scheduled another delivery date a week later. This also came and passed with no communication.

Called in again, and insisted to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor checks things in the background and notes that the fridge was never checked in at the warehouse, and would look into it for me... fast forward another month, another 3 calls later, and I finally moved to cancel the order in frustration, since no one seems to have it, and no one can give me a clear answer about what's going on. They tell me I should get my refund in the next 2-3 days. That was two weeks ago. Still don't have a resolution about this, still keep calling in to talk to people who tell me there's some kink in the system, but it should get sorted in the next day or two.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Home Depot canceled my order for no reason, customer service was a joke, and the robot was so annoying!!! I am done dealing with an online store like home depot and done with the robot!!!! Will never deal with home depot!!!

Original review: July 1, 2022

This is a bit long, but I’m hoping you please read all of it. I’ve been waiting on the finish of my renovations to post this for the end result. I started a kitchen renovation last October. Worked with a designer from Home Depot. She was difficult from day one, and at times rude. Annoyed at any of my changes. I thought that was the idea of a designer, was to help you get the right fit for your space and needs. Unfortunately, Lowe's could not do the things I needed in their mid line cupboards. Was promised my custom order cabinets from Home Depot for the last week of November. Enio took the week of December 12th off to allow for a couple week delay. Cupboards did not show up.

When I started to press the designer in December about the delivery, she would not take my calls or answer my emails. I find out the first week of January that she retired December 31st. I guess the reason of her lack of enthusiasm for my order. As the order showed up January 14th, it was clear there were issues from the moment we opened them. As we started installing, drawers were breaking, doors were falling apart, there was damage to several pieces and somehow the sink cabinet was water damaged?? Worse, the island was completely the wrong color and there were many wrong cabinets. The designer missed the measurements. The window wall was short space by 9” for the cabinets. The over range cabinets allowed only 19” of space to the range hood. Code is 30”. My 48” gas range is in her pictures.

The pantry wall had 3 sets, to be 24” deep, one of the uppers was only 12” deep. I guess to attach to thin air?? The designer sold me $400 worth of soft close hinges as she said my order did not come with them, but they did. She should know her product. The pantry wall was 5 1/4” from the ceiling when the rest of the cabinets are 4 1/4”. Leaving issues with the crown moulding. The island is a very, very dark grey, nearly black which was to be light grey for a mild contrast to the white cabinets. The fridge upper and panels are so tight, you can hardly fit the fridge. Etc, etc, etc.

As I obviously made complaints to Home Depot immediately. I was given what they call a resolution specialist. This person promised everything fixed. By this point I have been living with no workable kitchen for 3 months. 7 people. The specialist took longer and longer to get back to me, each time promising answers by the end of day. One of his emails, tells me that he has such serious problems far greater than mine that I was not a priority. He said things as gas and roof leaks. SCARY TO THINK OF BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS! It took until March for the order to go back to the cabinet maker for correct cabinets. Then several more weeks to get the doors replaced. I canceled their counter people as I would never use Home Depot again. My deposit for the counter I’m told is at the Woodstock location as a store credit and I can go drive and pick it up. Originally, I was told to consider it a service fee?

I was promised compensation for all the trouble and the wrong island colour. At the end of all of this ridiculous situation, my resolution was NOTHING. The BBB tried to resolve things but we were unsuccessful. Home Depot’s answer is they gave me $2,800 is extra cabinets. The cupboards I got were the replacement ones that were wrong and damaged. One of the replacement cabinets fell apart as we were placing it up. Their holes, fasteners etc. we had to L bracket to reinforce and create completely new screw holes, glue it and more. They sent no fasteners for any of the new drawer fronts. Most of the replacement doors are mitred very poorly.

This was to be a very exciting project and beautiful custom kitchen for me. It has been completely ruined by this company. I’m my eyes a horrible, horrible rude, lying company. I urge anyone who needs goods like what the Home Depot Carrie’s that you find another store. I WILL NEVER, EVER USE HOME DEPOT FOR ANYTHING AGAIN. As there are still unresolved problems that they do not want to address, I have had to hire a lawyer.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Will never do business with Home Depot again. Bought a new refrigerator May 30. Delivered June 6. Still sitting in our garage in July, with the broken refrigerator in the kitchen. They didn’t complete the installation on delivery day because there wasn’t a shut off valve on the water line, which we didn’t know was required. We installed a shut off valve ourselves the next day. Called several times about getting the service done. Scheduled two appointments that were simply ignored, with no follow up communication. Was told by the conflict resolution department that we didn’t fill out the online order properly for haul away, which is a lie. We had to place the order online because the sales person told us the cost would be $600 more simply to get the fingerprint resistant finish, which was also a lie. We’ve lived in Atlanta for decades, and we’ve done lots of business with Home Depot, but we’ll never do business with them again!!

Original review: June 18, 2022

I bought a 10ft sun umbrella from Home Depot in April of 2021. First the canopy wore through at the corners. I filed a warranty claim and after much hassle they finally replaced it. Now, in June of 2022 the head piece at the top of the rod broke after a breeze lifted the umbrella up in to the air and onto the ground. I assume this item is rated for outdoors since it is designed to protect from the sun. And I did have it anchored. I have been trying to contact Home Depot warranty department about this but no one is returning my calls or letters. Very disappointed. I'll never buy junk from Home Depot again!!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I hired a contractor to redo my deck. He did a beautiful job. I went to Home Depot to find the stain I wanted and picked up various samples (paid $4.99) each. When I finally made my decision I have the sample to my contractor (I had to go to work) to pick up the stain. He gave them the paint sample. They mixed the wrong base, they made it oil base instead of water based and it changed the color drastically (dark red). It looked horrible! Fortunately the contractor had done 2/4 of the deck and I was able to stop him.

I went back to Home Depot and have told them what had happened, of course, they blamed it on the contractor but how could you go wrong when you have the literal paint can with the details in front of you. I told them the contractor is charging me $1500 to sand it off. He could not use the remover because now it was oil based. I put in a claim with Home Depot to have my reimbursement of $1500 due to their mistake. They pushed my claim from department to department and I still have not heard from them since March - it is now June? DON'T TRUST THEM WITH YOUR PROJECT - Their employees don't know what they are doing.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I have experienced the absolute worse customer service in my life. I placed an online order from Home Depot for a GE Washing Machine, order #** on 5/14 and it was delivered and installed by Home Depot’s installation contractors. We did not use the washer for about a week but when we did we discovered water on the floor, upon looking further, I notice a small drip of water coming from the hot and cold water inlets and I also realized that the hoses that were installed were not the stainless steel hoses that was part of the install kit I had paid for. I called customer service and they scheduled a service call to come out and make the corrections.

When the 2nd crew of installers came out with the correct hoses, they told my wife that the first crew had damaged the water inlets to the washer and they would have to be repaired but they could not do it, and we could not use the washer until it was repaired. They were going to make an appointment with an appliance repair company to come out. This was on a Friday and on Monday I had not heard from anyone, so I called customer service again and explained the situation. The lady I spoke with told me that GE was going to replace the machine instead of repairing it so the new installation was scheduled for 6/11.

The new crew showed up at 11:15AM but told me they did not have a washer but were only there for a service call. They reconnected the water hoses and there was a small drip. They replaced the water hoses again and that sort of stopped the water leak, but they said they were recommending that the machine be replaced and their company would place the order but gave me a Home Depot phone number to call just to verify that it was received. After they left I called the number and spoke with a representative who told me that in no certain terms would I be receiving a replacement model that I had not called before the 48hr period after it was installed. He told me that the Home Depot representative that told me I was getting a replacement unit had made a mistake and it was not going to be replaced as he kept telling me that “it’s off the table”. He wanted to schedule another service call.

At this point I am tired of service calls. We had not been able to use the washer in over a week so we have been inconvenienced and there is wood flooring under the washer that got stained from the leaking water hose. I told him that I would keep an eye on the hoses to see if they were still leaking and if they were, I would call GE or Home Depot Warranty to come out. When I told him that I was greatly disappointed in Home Depot’s customer service, he offered me a $100 off the price of the washer, but like I told him I don’t want the money. I want a washer that works and is not leaking. I also asked him to escalate my call to I higher tier but he refused.

In a later email to customer service they told me that the installation service providers are contracted through GE and Home Depot is only the retailer of the merchandise. I’m other words I am the customer but once Home Depot gets your money it’s somebody else’s problem. If this is the way they treat their customers, I’ll spend my money somewhere else and I have because about two days after this my freezer went out so I spent my money with Lowes.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I called customer Service at Home Depot. They are terrible. I called to request that my interest rate be lowered on my credit card and was turned down. I talked to the supervisor who was rude and female. No one could give me an explanation as to why my credit card interest is higher than my husband's credit card. I pay my card on time and pay extra on my payments. My husband's Home Depot credit card interest is 2% lower than my card. The amount he owes is much higher. Our total income is the same and we pay the same bills. Both of us work and both of us have businesses. Home Depot discriminates against women. I will no longer do business or purchase items from Home Depot. I will encourage other women and men to do the same.

Original review: June 12, 2022

Per local Home Depot store Manager, military discount is no longer apply to regular price items. Military veterans stand up and no longer support this store. It’s a shame that the economy has turn down south and this company is turning their backs to the American Veterans during this hard time.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I received a gift card for Home Depot. I used the card once and then the next time I went to use it there was less money on it than there was last time I used it. Spend 30 min in store afterwards trying to find out what happened. Customer support was able to tell me purchase dates and times, store, register, etc, but was unable to tell me what was purchased on the card. This is such a scam! Home Depot keeps records of all purchases. I know that from returning items previously. The only reason they would not be able to disclose the items purchased is if they had something to hide. I will never accept or buy a Home Depot gift card again.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Upon installation of a brand new GE washing machine, we noticed a leak in 4 days. Water constantly trickled out of the water supply even when the machine was turned off. We reported this issue to Home Depot and they offered no assistance whatsoever. Although they sold, delivered, and installed a defective machine, they wiped their hands clean of this transaction since we identified the problem outside of their 48-hour time window. Now, we need to go to the manufacturer for assistance and a potential repair on a 1-week old washing machine. Home Depot, please be better than this. Stand behind the products you sell, take ownership for faults. You may have saved a buck by not processing this return, but terribly insufficient customer service will cost you in the long run.

Original review: June 8, 2022

This item has not reached the store. Ordered on 5/18, I was promised a 6/7 delivery. The delivery status through the email was then changed to 6/10. No further update was received online. Today, I called to confirm a 6/10 pick up. The courteous person at the call center said that the status of 6/10 had suddenly changed to 6/13 as she logged in. She then called the “resolution center” who “resolved” the issue by repeating the same story. I have a good contractor who is cooling his heels waiting for this. Not to mention it is expensive! I might have ordered elsewhere but watching the item online the Home Depot date of the 7th seemed to be what they were predicting for delivery. BEWARE, Home Depot delivery dates are illusory.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Extremely disrespectful that you lead people to believe they can make a payment onine or by phone. Multiple attempts, fails at the end. You will be hearing from me and this is the last time I try to use your garbage Citibank card.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Home Depot uses third parties for logistics companies and takes no responsibility for damages caused by their vendors. Temco Logistics stole our oven and damaged our refrigerator. HD customer service offered no help.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I purchased a patio set online. Deliver was free so I choose this option, big mistake. The item that was delivered was incomplete and had a different item code. I immediately contacted customer service. They were supposed to schedule a pickup of the delivery and it was recommended that in order to get the item I wanted I would need to place another order and pay for it again. They will not refund my money until the order is picked up. I have now been waiting for over a week to get the items picked up. Called Customer Service again and they cannot tell me when the item will be picked up.

In the meantime, the second set that I ordered, was delivered, however, I refused the delivery because the item number was different than what I ordered. I again called Customer Service and this time they told me that the order # may be different than what was ordered online. They also stated they would expediate the pickup of the first order and the delivery of the new order. I am now out over $1400 and do not have a patio set. Every time a call is made to Customer Service a different answer is given. I will never shop at Home Depot again and do not recommend anyone else doing so. I just hope I get my money back, eventually.

Original review: June 1, 2022

They offered 6 months no interest, handy for a 62 y/o guy with Parkinson's living on Social Security Disability. Charged total of $129 on 1-13-2022. Made 3 phone calls asking for bill, said they'd send but didn't, 3rd time said it "wouldn't get there in time." Bill for payment due 2-18-22 received on 3-23-2022, with balance + $35 late fees and interest. Sent check next day to cover purchase of $129. They continue to send me a bill every month adding interest and fees to interest and fees. Looking into legal rights for the disabled. They have already put it on my credit report! Claim they want to help, but apparently just want to help themselves. Lowe's has hired almost 30K military vets and their stuff is much better quality anyway, and that's where I will shop forever more! I won't shuffle back into a Home Depot.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I live in a large downtown and do not have a car. I therefore paid Home Depot to ship a purchased planter to me. They shipped the wrong item. I asked them to pick it up. They say they will only refund the money when I bring the planter to Home Depot. I paid for it to be shipped because I don’t have a car but they want me to drive it back. Renting a vehicle would cost as much as the refund, and why should I have to provide the shipping I paid for? I can’t reach a person on the phone. A very frustrating experience. Lesson learned: buy online from companies experienced with this mode of sales, like Amazon. Home Depot is structured for suburban clients only.

Original review: May 25, 2022

It's shame how company like Home Depot the bigger is getting the worst customer service they have. It has went down so bad that I spend an hr waiting on service. Neither the manager showed up or the employee. I need a simple part. No one could help. Kept getting send from one department to another with no help. When I try to call the store kept getting left on hold and when I drove to the store there was no customers waiting at customer service to give them a reason to put me on hold for 30 minutes while they have the discussion that was at Southfield home depot. Badddddd. Very.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Home Depot hired a service provider (Stone interiors, LLC) to install quartz countertops in my kitchen. This company is so incompetent that they literally ruined the $3,477.50 product I paid for. In addition, they damaged a $2000 console and refuse to admit liability. I gave them multiple opportunities to correct the work they'd done, but every time someone came out, they just made it worse! They couldn't get the seams right and left adhesive/epoxy all over the place and exposed razor blades in my kitchen that could have injured me or my dog. They sent someone out to try and correct that issue, and he manually sanded certain areas, which altered the actual surface of the material so it's horribly streaked and inconsistent. BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT USE HOME DEPOT for countertops! You will be sorry!

Original review: May 23, 2022

Purchased nearly $300 of tile. Used a merchandise credit for part of it and over $200 in cash. Tried to return $50 to the store. The return was denied. Called the number because they use a service to do their returns and they said that a return is not guaranteed when you use a gift card. I don't care if they gave me back cash or another merchandise credit but either way I should be able to at least return the leftover tile to the store.

Original review: May 21, 2022

If I could give Home Depot 0 stars for the way they managed the delivery of an outdoor storage shed I would. I was treated with disrespect from the moment I ordered the shed, as if I had no idea what I was doing. The first delivery was cancelled because apparently they don't know what they are doing and had ordered the wrong type of truck and the driver refused to load the shed. The second delivery date was cancelled for reasons that elude me. I made a call (the delivery was cancelled via email late the night before the delivery was expected) to inquire and the manager of one store spoke with another and worked it all out for the delivery to happen - however the next day when I called to confirm I was lectured about how that could not possibly happen - speaking with a total of 5 people before finally cancelling the order completely.

I hate being talked over, interrupted, told multiple times how systems work when all I want is the delivery of an item as it was scheduled to happen. I have had to cancel out on the poor man who agreed to put this together for me to the point that I fear he won't reschedule again. I am so disappointed with Home Depot and do not plan to shop there again unless I absolutely cannot find the item elsewhere. This was a disaster.

Original review: May 14, 2022

We went to Home Depot and their kitchen design “expert” planned our granite countertops.. He made a huge mistake estimating the sq. foot. 2 days before installation we got hit with a 1,300.00 increase!! Horrible communication!

Original review: May 12, 2022

Beware of Home Depot!!! They have become abusive to their customers. I have been a loyal customer since 2006 with a HD credit card and since the 1980s as a cash customer. HD just decreased my credit limit without any notice whatsoever due to “inactivity.” Yes, inactivity – COVID took care of most “activity” for me and for much of our country. Lockdowns and restrictions prevented a lot of “activity” from happening. Especially for people who lost their income during that time. Our government allowed tenants to not pay rent, excused student loans, provided unemployment benefits for people and gave out stimulus checks. But HD doesn’t care a whit about lack of “activity” due to those circumstances. Some automaton simply decreased my credit limit, which now has negatively impacted my pristine credit score.

Did I contact them about this? After wasting an hour of my life (and at 70+ there’s not a whole lot of hours left) with their impossible-to-navigate AI (Artificial Ignorance) menu-thon, I got a human who said nothing could be done; just apply for an increase (and further impact my credit score). Nope. Something CAN be done: simply reverse the decrease. HD just REFUSES to do it. Now that I am finally starting on a new home build, they apparently want me to go to Lowes. So I’ll either go to Lowes or use my Amex card and let HD pay the high merchant fee. It’s a bad business model and a sure recipe for failure to treat loyal customers this way, especially in this economy.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I bought a Frigidaire range from Home Depot on May 2. It is defective, and the oven doesn't shut off. Although I tested it right away, I did not learn about this problem within 48 hours. It was maybe 60 hours. Frigidaire policy is that after 48 hours, it is a repair not a replace or refund. Home Depot is well aware of this policy, and has no means to repair or service appliances, not here, and not anywhere near here. They were rude, incompetent and condescending. They have twice accused me of lying about whether I reported the defect to Frigidaire. I tried to give them the confirmation number of that report and they didn't want it. Why? Because they don't care.

After lots of phone calls, emails and anguish, Frigidaire found a Sears repair service an hour away. They can come between 8 ad 5 on July 5th! Will they have the right parts? Doubtful. In the meantime I have no means to cook. I have to turn the circuit breaker on and off, which is downstairs and difficult for me to reach. I'm a senior citizen. My brother is disabled. Guess what? Home Depot doesn't care. They have a twitter account @HDCares, but they do not. How can they know this policy, and still sell appliances they know they cannot service? Not one person at HD has apologized or even tried to help. Their manager said, "Nobody repairs anything any more, hahahah! Remember the old days with TV repairmen? That's over." Don't ever buy anything from them and expect them to care. They don't. Write to your legislators, and file complaints with your state DATCP, and the BBB.

Resolution response: May 18, 2022

Resolved on 5/14 and to make a long story short, Home Depot made it right. The issue here is that although you purchase from 1 company there are 3 parties involved. The vendor (in this case Samsung) who has horrible customer service and an outsourced delivery team. Home Depot is the orchestrator and seems to have little control or influence on the other 2. Overall I think Home Depot did everything they could to try and make this right.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Ordered appliances in February with 8 week lead time. One appliance arrived damaged and was refused and Home Depot says now I have to deal with the vendor to resolve. It's been nearly 3 months since they took my money and I am caught in a bad nightmare. I am stuck with 50% of what I ordered, no replacement in stock, and find myself in the middle of Home Depot and their vendor. Do yourself a favor and go with a more reputable company. By the way there is no guarantee the replacement will match what you ordered and if you happen to buy a pair or matching set you will be screwed. Every time you call, you hear someone will contact you in 48 hours. At present time I have been kicked to the middle of May for something ordered and paid for in Feb and promised in April.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Our washer and dryer were supposed to be delivered last week. They came, stayed for 1 minute and said we needed a plumber to replace a pipe. We had a plumber come out and was told that wasn’t necessary. We rescheduled delivery for today. They install, don’t take our old appliances. Instead they leave them in the middle of our driveway and say they’ll be back later to get them. They are still sitting in our driveway at this time… Went to use the dryer for the first time and it’s damaged/broken and unusable.

I call Home Depot and they say they are busy, but can come back out next Saturday. That’s not okay. A week! They delivered a broken appliance. Why do we have to wait and be inconvenienced AGAIN?? After several calls they got me moved up to Thursday, but that’s still not okay. When a broken appliance is delivered, replacing it should be the priority. I am so frustrated and just can’t believe how poor this experience has been. Never again will I buy a thing at Home Depot. Ever.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I bought a 700 dryer from Home Depot in Waltham. They delivered it damaged and I couldn’t get it returned because it was over the 48 hours by the time I got in touch with someone. Very nasty over the phone. When I finally got in touch with someone it took GE to come out and fix it 3 months. They wouldn’t refund or replace dryer so I actually lost 700 dollars. I put in a complaint and nothing was ever done. The store shouldn’t be in Business.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I ordered a Husky 61in Rolling Tool Chest and Upper cabinet and NSD only delivered the Upper Cabinet. I immediately tried to contact NSD hoping the delivery guys forgot another box without success. I then spent 3 hours trying to reach a person to assist me. NSD and Home Depot customer service directed me to track my order and stating it was delivered. They ASSUME that everything is fine and once it shows delivered they are done.

After calling number out numbers I was able to talk to a person at Home Depot who attempted to contact NSD shipping and she too wasn’t able to contact anyone. She then referred me to the Home Depot’s distributor and she attempted to contact the supplier and was unable to so she said she would call me back in a few days. She called me back 2 days later to tell me that she would attempt to connect me with the supplier and she too was unable to contact anyone. I am now waiting 5-7 business days while she waits for a call back from the supplier. This is absolutely a sin that after spending over $900 for a tool box that Home Depot has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and that I need to spend days just trying to contact someone to take my information.

Home Depot Company Information