2. Homeowners
  3. Lighting Stores

3.7/5 (2342 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I ordered a wheelbarrow and they delivered the wrong one. They refused to bring me the right one. My guess is they don’t have it and didn’t want to lose the money. I was hung up on multiple times when I tried calling. Chatted with customer service and they stopped responding. Why is it ok to treat people this way? Two days later they picked it up. Now a week later I cannot get a refund. They literally stole a hundred dollars from me.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Whirlpool washer almost two years old. 8th service call. When ad the warranty they do not explain. None of the first year under Whirlpool count. This is their sixth call under them. Fourth time for the same problem. Will have to have fifth time for same problem. Then they will send someone to see it. Never within three days as stated when sold. Never purchase their warranty or Whirlpool again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I spent $6,295 on a Tuff Shed and the CLERK filled out their rebate form for me, July 7th, 2021. This would have been $692 that also would have eventually been spent at Home Depot, too. Of course, after several months and a few calls, no rebate, my purchase is on their excluded list (thousand of items, not kidding). My account there is getting closed, I can easily drive right past them and go to Menards or Lowe's where you don't get a sense of being made a fool of. I could have bought a shed at either of their competitors, now I wish I did.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

We purchased a washing machine, dryer and refrigerator in June 2021. Washer/dryer were to be delivered 8/31. Dryer not on truck. Told wait 24 to 48 hrs. Then told that again. Then again. It is now September 18th. We were told manufacturer was drop shipping new washer since other one lost and then told it would be delivered today on 9/18. They said the washer and fridge would be on two different trucks but both delivered between 10 and 2. The refrigerator was delivered today around 11:30 am. No washer so my husband called. They said they would call back.

We waited and he left another message. Then we got a voicemail that the washer was on a different ticket (yes probably since it was dropshipped due to the error) and now they can't give us any information until Wednesday! Are you kidding me? We are TIRED of waiting. Where is this washer and why do we continue to have to be penalized for Home Depot and their delivery people's errors? Buyer beware! We are fed up!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I bought $2000+ of paint and rented a paint sprayer, going in a week early to ask associate how it worked and how to clean it before return. He showed me 2 filters I needed to clean and then run water through it to flush out paint. I did exactly as he instructed. When I returned it, 2 associates were at door and when I was 25-30 ft away, started chuckling that this was the dirtiest sprayer ever returned. I shared, I had done exactly as instructed and what else I could do, neither would answer my question. Instead was told that will be $100 cleaning fee. I felt they conspired to charge that fee before I even got in door! I will move all my home improvement business to Lowe's.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

This store is known as "Home Creepo" to many. You can wander around for days trying to find something and then when you get to the right bin, often don't have the thing you were looking for. Go to the website to find the exact bin, and the information is wrong. Ordered backsplashes online. Picked up to find out the ones I ordered were on top, ones I didn't were concealed within package. They sent me to another location where they said my choice was available. I got there and they did not. The second store said no one had called them to verify even though the first location promised me they had. OK. So those are initial experiences.

Recently I bought a shoe closet to assemble. It was a nightmare. I wrote a warning review. Home Depot won't publish it. Keep saying "something went wrong". I have to conclude was the something that went wrong is they will not publish negative reviews. Unfortunately, this store is ubiquitous and I end up going there often. It pretty much has the market on hardware, home supply stores. But be ready.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Will never buy at Home Depot again until they stop using TEMCO for their delivery. I’ll never recommend a friend to use their service. Temco is a ** company. Home Depot deserves more. They don’t have good worker and their customer service are very bad.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Purchased 72 inch vanity with delivery and room of choice. Courier-Fast Mile refused to bring vanity indoors claiming it was too heavy. Called 800 Hd and after being on hold for an hour they advised the store would send over associates to bring vanity into house. Vanity arrived and Tom-store mgr Albermarle rd Charlotte refused to send associates to bring vanity indoors. It was then my problem to find someone to bring the vanity into my house. Buyer Beware. Will never make another large purchase with Home Depot. Store Manager and customer service blamed each other for the issue. Bottom line. Store Manager was very dishonest as was the company charging me for inside room of choice and declining to perform the delivery. Since purchased garden tub with Lowe’s and had zero issues.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I spend a sizable amount of money at Home Depot Annually. The store usually carries the majority of what I need but if it wasn’t in stock I would usually have it shipped to store since I’m in there 1 to 2 times a week minimum anyway. I started having problems with this method because the associates were too lazy to actually look for the products and would ask me to come back at a later date to pick it up because I couldn’t find it so I Decided to start having things shipped to my home they didn’t have in stock but this led to a $27 order not making it to my house and me having to spend hours arguing with Home Depot about a refund.

I was told I had to contact my financial institute to get a refund for something that did not make it to my home. I generally do not ask for refunds even if products are subpar. I just don’t buy that product again but in this case because I didn’t get my product at all I wanted my money back. Eventually they agreed to Refund the measly $27 but I had to threaten to cut up my Home Depot credit card and never use their services again over $27. A company this size should stand behind their online ordering and hold FedEx accountable for not delivering to the correct address, not delivering on time or not delivering at all. I will never use this service again and I will spread some of my money to other big box stores rather than shopping exclusively at Home Depot anymore.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Bought a Frigidaire appliance at the Riverview Home Depot in July 2021. Bad out of Box. It is September and still does not work. Home Depot told me 3 days after delivery they could not help me. Refused to take it back for a exchange and contact manufacturer. Frigidaire has been out twice. Cant fix it has been not fixed it and refuses to replace it, Dont buy from home depot. If you have a problem you are on your own,.

Home Depot Company Information