3.0/5 (654 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Ordered a dishwasher at Home Depot on 11/17, w/ delivery, install and haul away. Since then 4 failed deliveries with varied excuses. Today installers arrived w/o DW. Transaction canceled. Went 2 Lowe’s. 1st deliv, 11/25, installers claimed connection was too corroded, but the plumber I paid to fix it said there was no problem. 2nd deliv, 12/6, attempted to bring same DW back but a small plastic piece of the door spring assembly was now missing. Back to warehouse again. HD scheduled next deliv date for 12/15. But Whirlpool called a couple of days later saying a new unit was being shipped and would be deliv on 12/19. Next deliv date, 12/19, no sign of deliv by 2pm, I called HD and was told deliv had been scheduled for 12/19, but no one had put in an order to put the unit on the delivery truck. Said next available deliv date was 1/6.

When I strenuously objected to that date, they scheduled deliv for today, 12/29. Based on last experience, I called yesterday to verify that the unit was scheduled to be loaded on the truck AND delivered. This morning 2 men showed up to install a DW they thought was already delivered. Once again, they had screwed up the order and neglected to put the DW on the delivery truck. HD offered a new delivery date of 1/5. We declined the appointment and cancelled the whole order.

We went to Lowe’s and bought a similar model for less money with a delivery date of tomorrow. I will have someone else install it once it arrives. I will never again shop at HD. They are dead to me.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

I had the worst experience at the Home Depot in Jackson. Long story short, we went in store to order a storm door for replacement. After picking out our door, we went to schedule installation. The computers were having issues so we were told the order was placed and we would get a call from installers. After a week, we went back in store to see what the status was. We were told that the order we had was blank and thus cancelled. I was frustrated but I understand things happen. So we went through the process again. I was assured by the manager that we would receive better service this time. We did get the installers to the house to measure the door.

Per the printed document we got from Home Depot, we expected a call to schedule the appointment within a week. It is now 3 weeks after and we hadn't heard anything. I just called to check status and wouldn't you know it, our order is blank again. No info on the door we supposedly ordered. The manager I spoke with was completely unhelpful. She transferred me back to Jim in millworks (who was kind, apologetic, and trying to be helpful) only to be told that we would have to start over again.

I am done with Home Depot. I can't believe that lack of responsibility the management team took for this. It is a little project but between my dad and my brother-in-law and myself, we have spent MILLIONS of dollars on materials. So I decided to buy the door at Lowe's and will have it installed by a local contractor. It will be done next week. And now I am going to spend this snowy afternoon letting everyone know how disappointed I am in the response from Home Depot.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

Picking stuff up at the Home Depot store is easy. What is not so easy and is a TOTAL failure is when you need to interact with a customer care agent for a special order. Email and phone messages remain unanswered. Good luck trying to get someone on the phone. I have been trying to place an order for a replacement part for more than 4 months now… Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere else. Anyway, lesson learned. Avoid Home Depot!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

In January 2022 I paid Home Depot in full for George Burton Construction to renovate my home. While I had reservations I was assured Burton construction were professional. I believed in the Home Depot Brand. My renovations were flooring, kitchen and bathroom cabinets, countertops, remove an arch and extend a wall, remove tub and shower to build bigger shower.

The job began the end of March 2022. I never received a schedule, although asked numerous times. The job was not done professionally nor in a timely manner. I’ve asked for reimbursement/compensation for money I paid for services that Burton construction did not do. I paid local licensed plumbers to get the job done in a timely manner when I couldn’t get a reasonable committed date from Burton. The bathroom alone I paid $11,000. Burton construction capped shower pipes, installed new toilet,and tiled the shower walls-that’s it!! Burton's men tried two times to install the toilet. I hired a local professional to come in, tighten the tank and seal to the new floor.

I paid $1700. to Burton Construction for backsplash in the kitchen, they did not install backsplash!! I paid $975 for refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher installation. Burton only installed the microwave. The molding under the upper cabinets have light shining through. The under the cabinet lights work partial and periodic. Pull out cabinets were never installed, pantry cabinets that cost over $1700. each were installed April 10,2022 and each were defective. I found this after installing the shelves myself in August. Burton Construction ran out of shelve pins, I needed to order. Don ** the district manager for Home Depot witnessed Burton Construction workers try to repair the defective pantries. A few days later screws popped through outer walls of cabinets. I paid local professional painters new wall that Burton installed needed to be retextured.

This weekend I found a small hole in the quartz countertop. I paid for backsplash in bathroom that we didn’t get. Countertops delayed once because no one called for template, I did after 2 weeks. Second delay because bathroom vanities not installed when promised. Children brought to job site 3 times. Oil spots on driveway from work trucks. I’ve been offered a fraction of the money paid for services not rendered and money spent for cleaning up Burton Construction. I’ve been a customer my adult life, although HomeDepot would rather pay an incompetent contractor than stand by a loyal customer. This tells me Home Depot is NOT the brand you can trust.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

You would be better off installing new cabinets than purchasing the cheap veneer sold for 16 plus thousand by Home Depot in my case. There is just way too much to list that went wrong and most likely not many will take the time to read everything. Home Depot provided a rendering after I made a request, but that looked like it was done by a third-grader. The cabinets don't look like what was described.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

Recently, I had to go the local Home Depot store in order to return a small unused paint sample that was supposed to be a "color match". Upon arrival, I went to the help desk/return/pickup desk whereon I had to deal with an employee who simply stated persistently that returns for paint simply would not be accepted. Due to my insistence, the employee then called the store manager in order to sort out the situation, and things only got worse from that point on.

The manager used the same pointless talking points indicating that on the small paint container it was stated that it is non-returnable. Well, it also says on the paint container that it is a "color match" (which clear this one was not). Subsequently, the manager came up with the most absurd arguments one can possibly imagine, like implying to ask if I did not know the paint color (supposed memorized it) as if the differences between the hundreds of slightly different tones and gradients of white would equate to the difference between red and yellow and thus would be easily identifiable by simply memorizing and later comparing all possible intangible nuances of white from one's memory.

After about 15 minutes of that non-sensical situation, I indicated that in case a refund was not issued (I am talking about $5) one would file a complaint against Home Depot (Reynoldsburg, OH) about that incident and concomitantly file a complaint with credit card company in order to receive a refund. Eventually, the manager of the store conceded and issue a store credit on the amount of $5 -- which I spent right away since I have no intention to ever return to a Home Depot store again. That was truly one of the most obnoxious and obtuse experiences I have ever hand in any retail setting. Normally, I spend thousands of dollars per year in home improvement stores; but most certainly will never spend even a dime at Home Depot again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

Got excellent service from Chris in Kelowna Home Depot to book a contractor for a shower install. I had 3 options. One contractor never called at all. 2nd contractor booked a date then called back to cancel 5 minutes later. The 3rd contractor Harding Services booked a date, never showed, never called. When asked why he didn't show he simply said "sorry couldn't make it, I can book again next week"... I had to travel an hr each way to meet the guy and never bothered to show. Totally unprofessional and no doubt will be another unemployed contractor once the market cools.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

My husband started building our house in October 2019 when Covid started. We purchased 1008sf of tile in July 2021. When we went to pick up tile it wasn’t all the same lot numbers. So, we asked if Home Depot could get matching lots of the tiles we picked out and we would return when they received them. Days later when we went to pick them up we counted 7 boxes of broken tiles. We were assured they gave us extra to cover the damaged ones. Our installer showed us more broken tiles inside boxes which left us short-duration installation a year later.

Due to Covid we were unable to install until July 2022. Floors seemed to look good. We went from floors straight to cabinet insulation. We only have 4 windows in our house and I started noticing a checker pattern on the tile. Thinking it was dirty, I got on my knees and cleaned them with soap and water and a microfiber towel. It wasn’t dirty but I also noticed a couple of chips.

I contacted Home Depot and was directed to Customer Service Specialist. She asked for pictures and my receipt. I explained it had been a year since we purchased the tile and could send pictures of installation and my records of all products we used. It was over a week before I called her back. Tosha wanted me to fill out a claim with MSI manufacturer’s. Home Depot took no action on a product they sell to assist us in our claim. Basically, I was on my own dealing with MSI the manufacturer. MSI refused to accept responsibility for defective product and tried to tell me it was a dye lot issue. It wasn’t because we had pictures of all the pallets, boxes etc. Somehow glaze tile and matte tile got mixed together. Nevertheless, we have to have tile removed and replaced.

I have contacted Matt Carey’s office (Vice President Customer Service) and left messages. If you’ve ever had flooring replaced you would understand my frustration. This is my retirement home. The only house we’ve ever built the way we want and now have to spend countless hours cleaning up after the demolition and all I was offer by manufacturer is the same tile which is no longer available in the glazed finish. I was the only one involved in dealing with the defective flooring. No contact with Home Depot. No one at Home Depot cares about what their product has done to our home. Not a return phone call one. Is this what customer service has come to? I wish I knew how to post pictures of my floors. No one could live with them!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

We ordered a power tool via Home Depot's online app. They shipped it via Federal Express. We currently live in an apartment. The FedEx driver decided to drop off his deliveries into a common stairwell in one of the buildings and did not inform the apartment management. Needless to say, our order never made it to us. We called Home Depot to inform them we never received the package and that the delivery driver had even admitted that he'd left them in a stairwell. Rather than Home Depot providing us with a credit and then addressing this with their contracted carrier, their response was that we had to fight it out with our credit card company. Even though FedEx is in the wrong here, Home Depot has decided to put the customer in the middle of the dispute. Way to go Home Depot.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Purchased 2 Therma-Tru Doors 7-2021. The installers installed wrong color doors, did a slop job, left my home incomplete with open framing inside and out. Home Depot customer service assured me they would order the correct doors and finish the work with compensation. As of today 12-7-2022 that have not ordered the doors or have returned to finish the work. I'm currently having to find another company to install and repair the installation for my doors because of the incompetent customer service from San Diego Home Depot.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I called the local Omaha store on L Street to order a snow blower for my son but I live in Florida. They confirmed the blower would be shipped to their store and he could pick it up. Instead, they shipped the snow blower to FLORIDA. WE DON"T HAVE SNOW IN FLORIDA. Then, it took 2 weeks to get my money back as their system had to catch up to the shipping error and they didn't show it had been delivered. I then sent my son to the same store to get the same blower using my credit card and info. They refused to allow the purchase, refused to call me to confirm it, even though the same info is on file with them for thousands of dollars of purchases over a decade. They are incompetent. Go to Lowes.

Resolution response: Dec. 3, 2022

Never heard anything back from Home Depot. I disputed the charge and got it back from my credit card.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I bought a Frigidaire refrigerator from them with free home delivery. I got a call two weeks later confirming delivery between 7:am and 11:am and that they would again call 30 mins before arrival. Never came. So, after calling and no luck getting any info on a new delivery date, I cancelled order. Now fighting with them for a refund. Finally had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. Still waiting on outcome. Will never buy anything from Home Depot again. They acted like a $1200 purchase was nothing, I guess they have robbed folks so many times they do not need the money.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

AWFUL and beyond frustrating....We ordered a stackable washer Dryer....Waited for delivery. When they showed up they didn't have the stacking unit. No one told us we needed one. They left the equipment in our garage. My husband went back in to get help and rescheduled the service. They came, and sure enough the units didn't fit. They left the washer dryer, telling us to call.

My husband went back to the store to speak with a manager and get help. No one available (again) we spoke with another associate. They told us to call customer service. Customer service then told us it was past the Samsung 48 hours and we would be charged. We have spent hours on this without assistance. We were on with Customer Service while waiting for a plane for 90 minutes on-hold and disconnected repeating the issue over and over...It's Maddening and we still don't have help. Unbelievable -We will fight this with our credit card company but it's been awful...After years of working with Home Depot we are done.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Home Depot takes your money and pretends (falsely) to ship items. I ordered a tool cart, and it stated delivery 11-18-22 when I purchased the item and also in the email order verification. Home Depot falsely displays item shipped. FedEx does not have this package and it has not been shipped as of 11-22-22, I ordered it on 11-4-22 and still haven't received it.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Should be ZERO STARS!!! We ordered a microwave online - the dimensions listed online were WRONG. When they came to install the microwave, it didn't fit. The installers REFUSED to take it back and said by making a note on the delivery invoice, we could return it. That was a LIE! Home Depot will not take it back. NEVER SHOP THERE!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Kitchen pantry installation. Design was done and signed off on. Expected ETA was 14 weeks. 20 weeks later the installers show up - destroyed the walls. There was no care in pulling out the wire racking, they just yanked on it. We needed to actually repair not small patch over the drywall. The design team measured 3 times, apparently that wasn't enough as the unit didn't fit. The installers left the rest of the pantry in pieces and left. Designer came back 2 weeks later and we were told our corrections would be put on a rush as our house was now strewn about with pantry items and construction materials.

Slow forward 12 more weeks and the installers still didn't have all of the shelves and were missing the baseboard. Now Home Depot is stating that the project will stay incomplete because they sold us something they don't actually make. We can leave the project unfinished or they will come back and rip it out. I am thoroughly disgusted with this experience and would not let anyone I know use them again. Stay away!!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

We purchased a Lanbo wine/beer fridge from Home Depot and two months later it stopped working completely. I tried working with the manufacturer directly to solve the problem before I just returned it. The fixes they offered did not work and after being informed of this Lanbo simply stopped responding to me. At this point I took it back to Home Depot to just exchange it to get a new wine fridge that actually worked, I was even willing to keep the money with Home Depot but they informed me that the item is “non-returnable” and I had to go through the manufacturer to get a refund.

Less than 3 months of ownership, it breaks beyond repair and Home Depot says “too bad”. So they are fine with selling what they know is a faulty product then refusing to take ownership of their deception. After digging through the reviews on Home Depot for this exact fridge I realized that multiple other customers had the same thing happen to them, so if they would like to join me in a class action lawsuit please feel free to out.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

WHY I WILL NEVER SHOP OR BUY ANYTHING FROM THE HOME DEPOT. Through the past 25 years we have purchased a lot from Home Depot. We are DIY people, so we purchase a lot of products from home improvement stores. When we built our house, we were in the Home Depot store weekly. Our whole kitchen came from Home Depot. Home Depot has always been our first priority for everything for the home. Now that I have found out that Home Depot (along with a lot of the DIY stores) all use delivery services I will be very cautious what I buy at their stores. And if it has to be delivered, I will ask who delivers before I purchase. If they don’t employ their own delivery crew, I will go somewhere else.

I purchased four kitchen appliances, a warranty, and all the additional accessories required to install the new appliances from the Home Depot location in Marysville, Ohio. It was an easy purchase as I had already done a lot of research into what I wanted. Although the store only had one of the four items on display, I had printed off the information for each item and the sales clerk was able to check inventory and found that what I wanted was in stock at the warehouse. We completed the sale, and a delivery date of Friday October 14th was given to me along with all the instructions to prepare for delivery. I paid extra to have all the appliances installed and move the old appliances to another room.

I was informed that the delivery people only install, they do not uninstall. The day before the scheduled delivery I had a man uninstall all my appliances. The gas stove was unhooked and moved to the middle of the kitchen. The microwave was taken off the wall and moved to the middle of the kitchen. The refrigerator was unhooked from the water supply but left plugged in and moved out of the space it was in. The dishwasher was unhooked from the water supply, electrical power and removed from its space. He even removed the doors from the cupboard to make it easier for the person to install the new dishwasher. Then I cleared a path from any obstacles that could interfere with the delivery. (I want to make note that I am a 73-year-old woman with a very bad back and two surgeries on my ankle this year, but I managed to have everything checked off their list of demands before delivery).

I have gone into detail because I want you to picture my kitchen as I proceed with this letter. On Thursday October 13th I received an email and a text stating that my order is arriving soon. The delivery is scheduled for Friday Oct 14th between 9 am – 1 pm. On the morning of Friday October 14th at 8:18 am, I received an email and text stating that my Home Depot order is 2 stops away. Now I had no idea what that meant in time. I didn’t know how far away they were or how long it would take them to reach our house. I proceeded to empty the refrigerator and freezer and place everything out on my deck. The temperature was in the high 30s. I then waited for them to arrive.

At 9:30 am a neighbor stopped by, and we were in the garage/driveway talking when a large Penske truck came down the street. It drove past my driveway to the end of the street (we live on a dead-end street), turned around and drove out (I want to stress here that NO ONE got out of the truck and walked up to talk to me or ring my doorbell). Since it didn’t say Home Depot on the truck, I thought they must be delivering to someone else on our street. At 9:45 am I received a text from The Home Depot that stated “We couldn’t complete your delivery. We will call to reschedule order **…”. I waited about 20 minutes, and no one called.

At this point I began to try and find out what happened. I first tried to call the person in the appliance department at Home Depot that sold me the appliances. She was not there but the person I talked to said she would try to help. I told my story to the person on the other end of the line. I was placed on hold for some time. When she came back to the phone, she was sorry, but I would have to wait until the delivery people called me. Then I tried calling the number in the email I received that stated “We’re sorry the delivery couldn’t be completed because:

• A problem occurred before a delivery was attempted

• Or a problem occurred at the final delivery.

We will be giving you a call to reschedule or call our support hotline at 800-455-3869.”

I told my story to the person on the other end of the line. I was placed on hold for some time. She referred me to someone else. This behavior was continued for 6 different people. I told my story; I was placed on hold for some time and then transferred to the next person. By the time I reached the last person (I was told this was the manager of the Home Depot in Marysville), I was way beyond upset, angry and in disbelief that a customer could be treated the way I had been treated for the past 2 1/2 hours. (I do want to apologize for the language I used during some of the conversations as I have not used those words in a very long time or ever.)

During my conversation with the store manager, I find out that the delivery people could not make the delivery because their truck was too big to back into my driveway. They would have to find a smaller truck and would call me to reschedule the delivery. As I told the store manager (and would have told the delivery people had they talked to me), it was ok to park on the street and walk the appliances up the driveway. I live on a dead-end street and at 9:30 in the morning there is no traffic on the street. She came back with a lot of “I’m sorry, ma'am” and then proceeded to tell me it wasn’t Home Depot’s fault. It was the delivery people’s fault.

She also stated that the delivery people would call me in 24 to 72 hours to reschedule. By this time, it was Friday afternoon, and I knew I would not hear from them until Monday. All of my appliances are unhooked and in the middle of my kitchen! What am I supposed to do until the delivery people can deliver my appliances? “I’m sorry, ma'am”. I swear all the customer service people I talked to have a manual in front of them with the title ‘How to Handle an Upset and Angry Customer”. If the customer says this, you say that.

Monday morning a man called me and said they could deliver my appliances on Tuesday. I told him that would not work for us as my husband had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday and we would not be home. We agreed on Wednesday morning. I told him it was OK for them to park on the street if their truck was too big for the driveway. I also told him that no one talked to me Friday about the truck being too big for the driveway and if they had I would have told them it was OK to park on the street. He told me they were going to make the delivery in a smaller truck Wednesday morning. I told him ‘good, because if they didn’t deliver on Wednesday, I was going to cancel the order’.

Tuesday evening, I received a computerized phone call from Home Depot stating my delivery would arrive on Wednesday between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Wednesday morning, I again emptied my refrigerator and freezer and awaited the delivery. At 3:30 pm I called the support hotline. I was told that the delivery people were at my house at 12:45 pm and their truck was too big to pull into our driveway. She said they would have to reschedule the delivery and bring it in a smaller truck. I told her I did not see any delivery trucks on my street or driveway, no one knocked on my door, rang my doorbell or called me. She said they would have to get a smaller truck and they could deliver the appliances on Thursday.

At this point I could not believe what I was hearing. I asked her how she would feel if it happened to her. She said it wouldn’t bother her at all. It was a minor inconvenience compared to what she had been through this year. She was dealing with cancer and not receiving a delivery on time was not a big deal. At this time, I told her I wanted the order canceled. She said she could do that, and the order was canceled.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Purchased an expensive Samsung dishwasher online, including installation service. It was delivered, but the installer said we needed to have a shut-off valve installed, and Home Depot would connect us with a plumber. We left the appliance in its sealed packaging while awaiting their plumber. The plumber came 4 days later and installed the valve, then opened the dishwasher package. The dishwasher was damaged (large dent in door). When I called Home Depot back, they said their policy was any damage must be reported within 48 hours. I escalated but supervisor would not relent and denied my claim. I strongly recommend you DO NOT purchase appliances from Home Depot.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I bought a door to be installed from the kitchen to backyard. The guy measured and said 2 weeks. Three weeks later no door....The guy said Home Depot does not have it because they would have notified him. I call home depot and she says..." it's here, it's been here over a week". Nobody notified their contractor. Pay tooth and nail for unorganization and mismanagement. Not again....never again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I ordered 4 planters online for pickup at the Centennial location in Las Vegas NV. My credit card was charged $325, I received a text stating that “I successfully canceled my order”. I did not cancel my order, Home Depot charged my credit card for an item that wasn’t available as stated. Now I have to wait 3-5 days for my credit to be issued and the $325 to be available in my credit card. My lesson learned, do not use the Home Depot app to order anything because even though the app shows the item available, it may not be and you will be charged for a purchase that wasn’t completed.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

February of 2022 I bought 3 doors, and long story short the customer service, the managers, the contractors all SUCKED!!! They ordered the wrong doors, they have the worst attitudes and don't know what the hell they doing!! It took 8 months to get a damn door!!! The installation guy was ignorant and was mad because I kept calling because he didn't call to inform me when he was arriving and instead of 8:30 a.m. he shows up 12:00 p.m. I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER OR BUY ANYTHING FROM DEPOT!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

This has become a nightmare ordering an appliance and dealing with the delivery. I beg anyone considering such a purchase, to really look elsewhere. I have spent literally hours on the phone with them for mistakes they have made with the original order, which they then told me I had to cancel. After being told they needed to cancel the order on their end and then reorder it due to a system error, they told me they could not honor the sale price I originally paid and I would now have to pay full-price because the promotion had ended. How is that ethical? Oh, and I now have to wait another two weeks for the next delivery window AND pay full-price. I will not be purchasing any appliance from them ever again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I have never been so disappointed. The first oven I ordered arrived damaged, then the replacement was supposed to be here on the 16th... nothing. I've gotten the runaround and finger-pointing. I called 1-800-HomeDepot and got more detailed information but not sure who the rep talked to at the local store because they told her my oven arrived on the 14th. Did anyone notify me? NOPE! I show up to get my oven and they tell me they can't find it. I even called to verify after the Home Depot rep told me she verified that it was in and they told me the same thing. So needless to say I left empty-handed and called 1-800-HomeDepot again and got yet a different story. Who's on 1st? I have no fricken clue but I was told that the replacement oven was returned back to the manufacturer and no one notified me of this. I don't know why it was returned or anything. So now they have ordered yet another oven. We shall see if it shows up.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I did a contract with the Home Depot to have a fence built that involved a special order for material (vinyl boards). I thought I would eliminate rotting of the traditional wood material. The contract required me to pay in advance for the project and at the time I trusted that the job would go as planned. The fence contractor arrived and said they would not do the job because there was not two feet of clearance of the fence line required in the contract and left.

I immediately called the Home Depot and requested a refund because the contractor would not do the job. I was refunded for the labor portion of the project but was not refunded for the material because it was a special order. I tried to find an alternate builder on my own but none of them wanted anything to do with the vinyl material.

To meet Home Depot's terms, I would need to cut down my Oleander bushes to give the fence line two feet of clearance. These Oleander bushes provide my home with privacy and would take too long to regrow, so we decided not to do this. The real problem is the Home Depot contract can be used as a license to steal and is used this way too often.

I later found that many fence contracts stipulate they must have two feet of clearance but since they are normally paid at the completion of the project, they will do the project anyway so that they can get paid. The Home Depot installer used the contract and the special-order material to try to get me to do their work as their demands would have resulted in me doing the fence demolition.

The terms of a Home Depot any contract need to be avoided. My biggest error here was entering into a contract with the Home Depot. My advice to anyone is avoid contracts with the Home Depot, find alternatives. Furthermore, I will not convenience shop at that Home Depot and for that matter any Home Depot in the future.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

On Tuesday, Oct 12 I was placing an online order for approximately $4600. I entered my gift card number for $700 and the rest on my Discover Card. When I pressed purchase it took my $700 but no order was placed. I have tried contacting customer service with NO AVAIL! The money was taken from my bank account to purchase the gift card and Home Depot's website recognized that it had $700 on the card. My card now has a $0 balance and the purchase was NEVER MADE! It has been 48 hours of getting NO HELP from customer service. Where is my $700???? I have picture to prove this event.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

We spent almost $1000 on a Pantry Cabinet (Hampton Bay) from Home Depot. Not only did it take 3 months to arrive but it came in with dents, scratches and the painting is awful. Some of this, such as the panting happened while painting but the assembly team dented and scratched it all over. Home Depot said it was a Special Order since they don’t sell them in store (even though it is their brand and a standard size they offer) so they won’t take it back. We have to arrange shipping and order a new one…which won’t be here until January. Horrible companies both Home Depot and Hampton Bay. Don’t stand by their products or their mistakes.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Tremendous disappointment. I never expected that in a time of so many home losses due to Hurricane Ian, Home Depot would decide to reduce my line of credit. I have been paying on time and a little more than the minimum payment, but they still decide to reduce my credit at this time.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Ordered a dishwasher that was on sale from Bozeman Store on the 10th of September. Was told by the salesperson it would be delivered in 5 to 6 business days. Waited and no word. Called the week after and was told it was scheduled to be delivered on the 23rd. On the 25th, called customer service. Was told it would arrive on the 24th. Remember, I called on the 25th. Was told they would see if it arrived and call me back, didn't. Today is October 1. Called and now no answer. Used their virtual chat to get transferred to their "live" representative. Was told again that it was in transit. That was it. That was all they had to tell me. This was supposed to be a birthday present but now it's become a nightmare. This was supposed to be delivered to the store due to our address is too far away to deliver to our home. No communication, nothing. Just left wondering. My husband feels like hell, my birthday present turned into a nightmare. Thanks Home Depot!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

9/30/22 I’ve had a Ryobi generator for less than 2 hrs and it will not work. I went to exchange it for a working model and they WILL NOT even exchange it. $1000 wasted. I understand if I wanted to return it. But 2 hrs later? Not 2 weeks, not 2 days, but 2 hours. I didn’t want to return it, I wanted to exchange for one that works. I was told to go through the manufacturer. I need a generator NOW. This is a Predatory policy IMO.

Home Depot Company Information