2. Homeowners
  3. Lighting Stores

3.8/5 (2339 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Will never buy at Home Depot again until they stop using TEMCO for their delivery. I’ll never recommend a friend to use their service. Temco is a ** company. Home Depot deserves more. They don’t have good worker and their customer service are very bad.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Purchased 72 inch vanity with delivery and room of choice. Courier-Fast Mile refused to bring vanity indoors claiming it was too heavy. Called 800 Hd and after being on hold for an hour they advised the store would send over associates to bring vanity into house. Vanity arrived and Tom-store mgr Albermarle rd Charlotte refused to send associates to bring vanity indoors. It was then my problem to find someone to bring the vanity into my house. Buyer Beware. Will never make another large purchase with Home Depot. Store Manager and customer service blamed each other for the issue. Bottom line. Store Manager was very dishonest as was the company charging me for inside room of choice and declining to perform the delivery. Since purchased garden tub with Lowe’s and had zero issues.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I spend a sizable amount of money at Home Depot Annually. The store usually carries the majority of what I need but if it wasn’t in stock I would usually have it shipped to store since I’m in there 1 to 2 times a week minimum anyway. I started having problems with this method because the associates were too lazy to actually look for the products and would ask me to come back at a later date to pick it up because I couldn’t find it so I Decided to start having things shipped to my home they didn’t have in stock but this led to a $27 order not making it to my house and me having to spend hours arguing with Home Depot about a refund.

I was told I had to contact my financial institute to get a refund for something that did not make it to my home. I generally do not ask for refunds even if products are subpar. I just don’t buy that product again but in this case because I didn’t get my product at all I wanted my money back. Eventually they agreed to Refund the measly $27 but I had to threaten to cut up my Home Depot credit card and never use their services again over $27. A company this size should stand behind their online ordering and hold FedEx accountable for not delivering to the correct address, not delivering on time or not delivering at all. I will never use this service again and I will spread some of my money to other big box stores rather than shopping exclusively at Home Depot anymore.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

Bought a Frigidaire appliance at the Riverview Home Depot in July 2021. Bad out of Box. It is September and still does not work. Home Depot told me 3 days after delivery they could not help me. Refused to take it back for a exchange and contact manufacturer. Frigidaire has been out twice. Cant fix it has been not fixed it and refuses to replace it, Dont buy from home depot. If you have a problem you are on your own,.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

DANGER DANGER!! Do not buy Home Depot gift cards!! My son bought me one for my Birthday and when I was going to use it in the store it did not Work. The lady watched as I took off the security sticker on the back so she could scan it and couple of numbers came off. She told me they had this problem and there is nothing they can do. You have to get the person who gave you the gift card and try to take it back where you bought it. I demanded to talk to the Supervisor. She said there is nothing they can do. I even called corporate customer service and they told me the same thing. You are probably out the money if you don't have the receipt. They didn't real care that this is an on going problem with gift cards. "Probably a bad patch" he said. I'm am so mad I will never go back to Home Depot!!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I want to report Home Depot representative's bad attitude for the customer. I have ordered the items on 7/27. When I ordered them, home depot provided the expected delivery date which was 8/5. After 8/5 I haven't received any email or call from home depot store, so I called them more than 10 times to check the status of my order. The representatives provided the information that where my items were. They said the vendor shipped my items to carrier and last Monday when I called to homedepot.com, they said carrier started my items to home depot store. Today when I called home depot to check the status of my order, they said they didn't have my items and they cancelled my order without asking me.

From 7/27 to today, home depot never let me know my order status by email or phone call. Also when I talked with the representative to talk about this issue, she said this was a backorder. But when I ordered it, home depot never provided this was a backorder and the other representative provided the time line of my items. So I have no idea which representatives provided the right information for the customers and also when I asked her name, she didn't provide her name and cut my words and started to play the music so I was forced to stop talking.

Now the items are out of stock and I could not finish my flooring because home depot canceled my order without permission of mine. I have been waiting for my items more than 20 days and made a call to home depot customer services and a store more than 10 times to check my order status. The most big problem is home depot never let me know my order status and some representative did provide the wrong information for the customers. One representative said your item had the timeline and you would receive them on 8/5 and another representative said vendor never shipped your item. The other representative said your order is backorder but when I ordered it, home depot never provided the information that this was a backorder. If this was a backorder how home depot provided the expected delivery date within 2 weeks. I am wasting my precious time because of the misinformation from the representative.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

If I could give Home Depot zero stars, I would. I ordered a dishwasher including delivery and installation. After 3 months of the installation company cancelling and rescheduling the install, when they finally came to install they unboxed the dishwasher (that had been left boxed in my kitchen for 2 months after they delivered it but couldn’t install it because they didn’t have the right hose) it was dented and they refused to do anything about it because it had passed the 48 hour post delivery period. If they had delivered and installed the dishwasher on schedule the dent would have been noted at that point.

Every time I tried to call and schedule the delivery they gave me the run around and then they would either just not show up or claim “the truck broke down”. I spent hours upon hours on hold with them, only to be promised something and then have someone else turn around and tell me they would not follow through on their promises. Do yourself a favor, even if it costs a bit more, go to a mom and pop shop that cares about their customers. I will never buy an appliance at Home Depot ever again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I made an appointment at HD for my Kitchen at 90th street and Shea Blvd. store in Scottsdale AZ. After asking me questions what I need (**) salesman I told him that I need to purchase the cabinets and have my own installer. After he found out I will not go with their installer he told me I need to pay $129 to HD to send someone to measure my kitchen for him to draw the cabinets or my installer to give them the measurements. His attitude was not friendly and he was rude. They could have told me they need $129 to do this before making appointment. He told me he needs detailed of everything including where the lightings are. Really? I am shopping around and at Lowe's they drew my kitchen and gave me the estimate and I could order the cabinets. I could even pick up or they would deliver for a fee. I am very disappointed and will not go to HD again.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

They delivered a new stove to me today minus the electric cord which I paid for to have it installed. They took away my working stove and no one can tell me when the new stove they left behind will Be operational. I have nothing to cook with and they should refund me for the meals I have to purchase for my grandson and I now that they have deprived me of something to cook with. They are are disgraceful. No one helps in any way when we call the delivery people or the store at Sawgrass mills.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I placed an order on July 12, 2021. I've had 2 unsuccessful delivery dates, July 20 and July 31. And now I have a 3rd delivery date, August 10. The first two delivery dates were no shows with no explanation, no notification, and no contact to date. I’ve called the delivery company, nothing. I’ve called the local store in Montgomery (Chantilly), nothing. I’ve called the corporate office, nothing. I am livid.

Home Depot Company Information