Find a Home Supplies and Tools partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: May 10, 2021

I would like to file a complaint. We ordered almost 5000.00 dollars worth of appliances the first of April. We was told they would be delivered on May 5th. We live in the county. We was told they only deliver to the county on Wednesdays. Well on the 5th Home Depot brings a semi truck to our county address. The truck wouldn't make it up our concrete driveway. I was told it was ok because they have a smaller truck and would deliver on Monday. Well I wait all day today. I started calling at 8:00 am. Just to find out the truck guy lied to me. It was his last day of work and he didn't care. So I was told they could bring the same semi again this Wednesday. Which would probably be the same outcome.

So by the end of the day I go back to home depot to just get a refund. The manager of the store was a great help and very nice. Long story short, our refund is in the process. We've had Lowe's deliver several things to our home. We've had concrete and dump trucks make it to our home. But home depot can't. After this ordeal we will never shop at home depot again. We should've been told when we bought the appliances that a semi must be able to make it to your home.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I placed an online order at Home Depot for a hardtop gazebo on my 4/7/21 and was given a delivery date of 4/16/21. The delivery date came and I called on 4/25/21 to inquire about the changing dates on the HD website and to let them know that the tracking system indicated no record of my order. Today is 5/1/21 and in 3 days, there is a payment due on the card I used for this purchase...and I still don't have my gazebo! I asked to speak with a supervisor but they are non-existent. I asked for a refund but they don't want to do it because my item is "in transit." I will never make an online purchase with HD again and am going to close my credit account with this joke of a company. I checked on 4/29 and saw a delivery date of 5/3/21 and today, 5/1/21, the delivery date changed again...to 5/4/21! Maybe I'll have in time for my birthday on 5/18! That's it...They want to surprise me ;-(

Original review: May 1, 2021

I was paying for my items at cash register, when suddenly clerk yelled, "Stop, stop do you have a receipt?" A young man with a cart load of items walked right out the door, I said, "Are you going to do anything," and cashier/clerk said, "No, company policy states do not pursue. As a employee could be hurt," which I understand, but as a paying customer I started thinking if more customers can walk into store and fill up a cart and walk out of store without paying, or doing nothing when a person is stealing, isn't this promoting stealing? Also if this is happening at all stores who ends up paying more for item, you guessed it the paying customer, very sad to see.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Contractor desk overestimate my deck project, make me spend much more money than I needed, then I wanted to return some composite decking boards. I did. Later I wanted to return some separators for decking (3 small boxes), they said I couldn't because it was bought more than 3 months ago. What is going on? They made a mistake and need to eat it?

Original review: April 23, 2021

We've had nothing but bad experiences with opening a Home Depot credit card! WARNING as a heads up if you plan to do the same! First, the "extra" warranty that that tell you to buy because it will cover certain things such as scratches on the appliances or as the store rep put it "if your kids scruff up your appliances", etc. were LIES! They don't cover it, they ended up just giving us a $100 Gift Card for their "mistaken info" when we've already paid for the warranty! Second, their credit card website NEVER works, never lets you log in or reset your password, never sends a bill because you can't even get into opt out of paperless. You ALWAYS have to call in for the runaround and it still doesn't work! Good tactic so you'll never know how much you really owe!

Third, their promo of no interest for 24 months sounded great! We paid a $4000 appliance package down to $2900 then they slapped on a $2500 interest amount due without notice after the promo ended, going back to the original balance due of $4000. So NOW we're back to square one with more to pay of $5400! Keep in mind, you can't even get into their website!! NOT WORTH IT unless you plan to pay everything off before the promo because the interest WILL go back to inception! Ridiculous!!!! IN A PERFECT WORLD, yes you would have checked when the promo was over and paid it all off when you actually received the bill or can get into their website! SAD EXPERIENCE all around! Just a few months too late trying to sort out bills, balances, websites, and understand their promos! Never again, closing account!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I don't usually write reviews but I got upset over the Home Depot practice of price gouging. If you see online, Home depot list a a host of available doors from as low as $500 (or maybe lower). This guy showed promptly and made the measurement on my doors. When I asked the price, he goes, "I can't tell you until you pick." He points me to the tablet without price on them. I go, "I am not spending fortune and I would like the price range before I pick them." He says, "Oh you can't do that until I pick." The price online for Home depot is not the same because he has to add knobs, locks, frames... Then he says it's a minimum of $25... I go what $1500? Stunned I have to ask him, "Are you a part of Home depot? Why the price so high?" He nonetheless continues he's a part of Home depot, an affiliate, Home Depot Exterior. The price is high because it's life time guarantees...

At the point I had to ask him to leave. It goes beyond my belief. I am reasonably educated consumer and the markup is too high. And my belief was confirmed later on when I visited Lowe's. Don't buy from Home depot. It's a scam. This guy had even audacity to leave his card and swears me everyone pays this with price....

Original review: April 7, 2021

One of the front burner doesn't sit even. The broiler door won't go on track even. I made a note on my delivery slip, no one has reached out to me to get this issue taken care of. The delivery guy even saw this.

Original review: April 4, 2021

This store has always been giving problems with returns. I have a Pro account and I am always buying material and tools at this Home Depot. I bought Milwaukee tools 2 days ago and went to return a couple tools and needed to buy different version of Milwaukee for both of those tools. They would not return it or replace them. Manager said their hands are tied. I have never had such a horrible experience as I did at this home depot.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Excellent price. Delivered to my door. Built in handles for easy moving. Seemed a little tricky to install. Plumber said inst not very helpful. 60 in size. Very comfortable for chunky man. Quick to fill, a little slow to drain. Taps and shower cheaper quality. Good finish and seal.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I chose Home Depot to complete my kitchen remodel. Initially the process was great. However, the subcontractor provided by HD who installed the countertop did a horrible job. They were difficult to work with immediately. They made it clear their time was more valuable than mine when trying to schedule. The man who did the measurements was rude to me and my main contractor. The install though was terrible. One slab was cut at a wrong angle and did not butt up to the stove, at places leaving a gap of almost 1/2 an inch. The same on another slab. I was told the seam wouldn't be noticeable, but there's a ridge and it's not level with the neighboring slab. (I was told the seam should be polished down till it can't be seen or felt) the slab for the sink is where it's really unjustified below industry standard work.

The hole for the sink was cut so far back, the faucet can't be installed. He cut the hole for faucet anyway knowing this. They told me I could remove my window frame. To make things worse, the installer drug dog poo into my house. I don't have a dog. Immediately I called the store. Logan asked I provide photos, which I did and was told, in writing, it was below standards and would be looked into. I never heard back from the store. I called corporate and was connected to Erika. She actually laughed when I told her everything. I was contacted by the installer who sent their manager to the house to inspect, again my schedule was inconvenient for them. He attempted to spin me but admitted it was poorly done.

I was later contacted by someone at the installation company via email and was told it was not properly installed and needed to be replaced. Erika at Home Depot corporate also sent me an email saying it would need to be replaced. I was then contacted by Adrienne at the store who involved a guy named Steve. They told me they'd give me any faucet I wanted and financial compensation for my troubles. I want to note Steve was aggressive and attempted, in my opinion, to try to bully and intimidate me. The call dropped.

I emailed Erika and accepted the new install, the faucet and financial compensation I was offered. She responded in writing the next day telling me I had two options: $500 and I just deal with the poor quality work or they will come install a faucet I provide at my expense and they'll give me $200 for the inconvenience. I responded I expected they honor their original resolution offers. She responded it was not negotiable. I have filed a law suit in order to recover my money. In the meantime, I live with a kitchen that is not fully functional. It's costing me money in a variety of ways from eating out, bottled water, lost wages to my other workers, etc. Plus the inconvenience of having to do dishes in my bathroom for over two months now and my house in disarray and it will still be a while before it's resolved. Home Depot has made it clear they don't think I'm worthy of quality work and they are an unethical company.

Home Depot Company Information