3.5/5 (659 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Horrible customer service. We received damaged product and didn't realize right away. Customer service said its wasn't a normal 90 days it was only 48 hours to inspect but then contradicted herself and said we needed to open right away and refuse delivery if it was damaged. Delivery drivers did not relay that we needed to inspect the product before they left. They just left. So when I called for help we were placed on hold. They promised to call back and never did. We had to call back to try and get some answers. They said it's not their problem and there was nothing that could be done. We spent over $5000 on new appliances and we will NEVER again. We are cutting up our store credit card and won't be back.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Very Helpful with accurate information regarding issues consumers have, covering many different categories. Home Depot bought windows and doors and had nothing but problems with most of the windows leaking plus leaking doors.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

ARS was the contractor they use. They were quick in getting things done, however, their processing of our deposit the ARS salesman had to get my information twice, and then our check was processed twice, and instead of owning up to the error and resolving it, ARS and Home Depot blamed each other. They are quick in taking money, not giving back. We are waiting for them to resolve the issue.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Why did you guys sell my personal contact information to an HVAC company when I bought a dishwasher? Even better, why am I getting emails and texts from them about the HVAC appointment that I NEVER made? EVEN BETTER, the company and info. in the email and texts doesn't even exist anymore, but has been bought by Goettl Air. NEVER buying another product from Home Depot or using Goettl for my HVAC service. This is an unacceptable intrusion. Customers beware, they will make you their **.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I went to the Stuart Fl location for flooring and paid to have vinyl flooring estimate. The estimator came to my home and stated he could put the flooring over my kitchen tile and put a transition piece to cover a couple of millimeters in height from dining area and kitchen. The other two estimators who came to my home had stated the same.

When evaluating my estimates from three companies, I decided HD was my company of choice. I applied for the Projects card and was ready to move forward. The associate at HD reached out and said my estimate is now higher. They will only warranty the flooring after pulling the tile out of the kitchen. Ridiculous, messy and an unnecessary expense! I asked to speak to the estimator and was told he was a subcontractor and I can’t speak with him. Then I asked to speak with the installation company. Apparently, they have one point of contact at a “call-in“ number and they don’t speak to the two contractors involved. One company for estimating, one for installation and their “call-in” coordinators. It’s the most convoluted process ever!

I asked to speak to the store manager and he wasn’t available. then I went to another HD and tried to speak with a manager…not available. The department manager finally called back and was incredibly rude. Moral in the store is rock bottom. I tore up the credit card and went with a local company. The owner came out and said it wasn’t necessary to pull up tile. They did a beautiful job and I’m pleased. Home Depot has horrible customer service, processes in place which are frustrating. I’ll never do business with them again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I got a great Experience and I will recommend for hassle-free service. Fastest Response that I got and Everythings was fine for guys was also professional. I will get again services when I will be required.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I will never buy from you again. Horrible customer service! My fridge was supposed to be delivered today. The driver said five minutes then said he didn't have me on the schedule today, AFTER I had already emptied and unplugged my old fridge! I had to put everything back and cancel my order. You guys are so unbelievably unorganized it's mind boggling! Buyer beware!.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Made purchases in June & July with Express fees of $79 ea. 1st ok. 2nd did not ship until I chased it down and they shipped. Still charged 79 "express fee". Called & complained. Promised 20gcard. No card.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

We purchased a John Deere lawn mower 2 years ago with $250 gift card rebate. Over the course of the last 27 months, we have been sent 2 cards that have ZERO balances. I have phoned and been told the new card is in the mail; but still have not received one. Have phoned the rebated office every day for the last 2 weeks and STILL NO resolution. This company keeps saying they will look into this - but still NO rebate!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Customer beware! The term Home Depot Customer Service is an oxymoron. I placed an order online and the delivery never arrived. Called customer service and was told I was SOL. No apologies, no refund, no items, no store credit. CROOKS!

Original review: July 22, 2022

Hi there, I came to the Oregon city, OR Home Depot to get a bunch of rebar for my fiancé. Well I wasn't dressed for the part. So now I'm trying to figure out how I was going to do get these dirty rusty heavy bars onto the cart...and an awesome employee of yours named Adam (who works in the parking lot and loading section) happened to walk by me. He caught me with that 'I'm screwed' look on my face while giving him a Man nod as he walked by. Unbeknownst to me Adam was taking his final break before he was off in an hour. Adam grabs a big cart and circles around to me and says, "Here this should make it easier, would you like some help? Which ones are you needing to load up and how many?" HE SAVED ME!!

Now his attitude/kindness was literally the best part of the whole thing. Not only did he help me load the rebar twice (I messed up in the size) he ALSO took the time to help me cut the rebar in half due to the fact it would NOT fit in my car the way it was. He also informed me in the most respectful way that this wasn't a normal thing but he would help me this one time due to my situation. Now meanwhile as I'm dancing around trying to help in any way possible, this OTHER employee came up and said and I quote, "wow, Your LUCKY Adam is helping you because NO ONE else would have cut those!" He said this in the rudest way and also I had originally asked that same employee if he would help me find/load some rebar and he literally said, "ma'am I'm busy right now!" turned around and walked away in the most disrespectful way.

Once again that was THE OTHER employee who was working in lumber department. He was just standing there glaring at us, from a couple aisles down the ENTIRE time Adam helped me. So I know he wasn't busy. As I'm making comments about the rude man staring at us Adam proceeds to tell me how that guy is actually a really cool employee and has his back when he needs help in the lumber section. Once again Adam is the most respectful kind employee I've ever had the pleasure meeting in ANY home depot.

Now a co-worker walks by and asked Adam if he took his break, AND THAT'S WHEN I ABOUT FELL OVER! I had No idea he was on his break!! He didn't even hesitate to jump into action and help me. I seriously WISH there were more employees like Adam there. He stayed with me until the very end (past the time of when he was supposed to be off) and even helped me by wrapping them up so they didn't fly around in my vehicle!

For the record, I am in this home depot on a weekly basis. That day I was caught off guard by my fiancé's frantic phone call because one of the guys underestimated the amount or rebar they needed to finish the job. So I didn't have any time to grab gloves and proper shoes etc etc And what was going to be a complete disaster ended up being the BEST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD IN HOME DEPOT ALL BECAUSE OF ADAM. I can't tell you how much I appreciate his help, kindness, RESPECT, and his absolute never say die spirit!! THANK YOU ADAM FOR GIVING ME THE BEST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN HOME DEPOT!!

TO THE MANAGERS: Other employees should watch Adam and how he interacts with customers. Hopefully they follow his lead. If everyone on the team was as helpful and respectful as Adam, this home depot would be featured as the #1 home depot for customer experience and satisfaction out of all of the stores!!! Lastly, I've literally told everyone on my fiancé's contracting team to go to this store and ask for Adam if they need help. Most of them were going to the Clackamas store but per my instructions (and their trust in me) said they would go to this home depot for now on because Adam had my back. Yes, It means that much to me. My fiancé is the lead on the team and can't thank Adam enough. He will be writing a review as well! Sincerely your happiest customer Tess.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The customer service here is truly terrible. I placed an order in store on June 25th for a washer and a dryer. The agent repeated back to me that I was getting a washer and a dryer. I paid and left. Two weeks later something told me to verify that the right washer was put on the order because I specifically did not want an agitator. I pull up the order in my email and see that the agent placed an order for 2 dryers. I acknowledge that this is partially on me for not looking at the receipt, but because the agent said the washer and the dryer when confirming the order, I trusted that it was for the correct items. I chatted into their text line, explain what happened and the agent told me I could cancel part of the order and order the washer or I could cancel the entire order and they would place the order for the washer and dryer.

I confirmed and they told me that I would receive my refund in 3-5 business days. At no point did the agent ask me how I paid. If they had, I would have told them I paid with a debit card. So I wait and keep checking my account to see if the refund was processed. Today is the 6th business day. I chat in again to make sure the order was truly canceled. The agent this morning told me that my refund could not be processed because I paid with a debit card and I would need to go into the store. No one bothered to contact me and tell me that my refund could not be processed. I was in the area of the store this past weekend and could have gone to have my debit card refunded. I’m 9 months pregnant. It's not exactly easy for me to get someone to take me all the way over there for a mistake I did not make.

I called the support line and the first person I spoke to said they would try to help, but when they put me on hold, it rerouted me to the main line. So I had to explain for a second time why I am dissatisfied. The agent again attempted to process the refund and it was rejected, but not before telling me that appliance refunds take 7-10 business days, not 3-5. I get placed on a hold and eventually I am told that they are going to send me a check. They did not offer any sort of compensation for the inconvenience and delay of having to wait for my refund and essentially taking my $1,500 hostage. I’ve worked in customer service a long time and I know this is not how things should be handled.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I bought a Lawn mower ride on from Home depot. Paid 2 years warranty and they send me to the brand 5000. They did not care straight up. 1 Year after I have to buy another machine to be able to cut my grass. It's not fair.

Original review: July 16, 2022

On Friday 5 gallons of sealer cost me $111.30 then the next day Saturday they wanted $126.14. $15 price markup overnight is greedy. Then the customer service was of no help. Take your money elsewhere.

Original review: July 6, 2022

An order that I placed in May but still has not been delivered, has an item that is reduced in price currently. I requested a price match for store credit for the difference since I haven't even received the item yet. The rep contacted a supervisor and was told no. Nothing can be done except cancel the order and re-order with the new price. This is ridiculous. Why can't at least a store credit be given for the difference of the price now especially since I have not even received the item?!? This is one way to quickly lose customers, such as myself. My order was for more than $13k and I won't be using Home Depot again for anything. There are so many other places to purchase from that are actually customer friendly stores, which Home Depot is not. The associate gave this message when I asked for the supervisor's name which made the decision. "My name is Kyle and my associate ID is **." He wouldn't provide his supervisor's name.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Just a horrendous experience from the start. Ordered a fridge 6 weeks ago online. Was told it was on its way, and the website even showed a delivery date. The date came and passed with no word. Called in to figure out what was going on, they scheduled another delivery date a week later. This also came and passed with no communication.

Called in again, and insisted to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor checks things in the background and notes that the fridge was never checked in at the warehouse, and would look into it for me... fast forward another month, another 3 calls later, and I finally moved to cancel the order in frustration, since no one seems to have it, and no one can give me a clear answer about what's going on. They tell me I should get my refund in the next 2-3 days. That was two weeks ago. Still don't have a resolution about this, still keep calling in to talk to people who tell me there's some kink in the system, but it should get sorted in the next day or two.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Home Depot canceled my order for no reason, customer service was a joke, and the robot was so annoying!!! I am done dealing with an online store like home depot and done with the robot!!!! Will never deal with home depot!!!

Original review: July 1, 2022

This is a bit long, but I’m hoping you please read all of it. I’ve been waiting on the finish of my renovations to post this for the end result. I started a kitchen renovation last October. Worked with a designer from Home Depot. She was difficult from day one, and at times rude. Annoyed at any of my changes. I thought that was the idea of a designer, was to help you get the right fit for your space and needs. Unfortunately, Lowe's could not do the things I needed in their mid line cupboards. Was promised my custom order cabinets from Home Depot for the last week of November. Enio took the week of December 12th off to allow for a couple week delay. Cupboards did not show up.

When I started to press the designer in December about the delivery, she would not take my calls or answer my emails. I find out the first week of January that she retired December 31st. I guess the reason of her lack of enthusiasm for my order. As the order showed up January 14th, it was clear there were issues from the moment we opened them. As we started installing, drawers were breaking, doors were falling apart, there was damage to several pieces and somehow the sink cabinet was water damaged?? Worse, the island was completely the wrong color and there were many wrong cabinets. The designer missed the measurements. The window wall was short space by 9” for the cabinets. The over range cabinets allowed only 19” of space to the range hood. Code is 30”. My 48” gas range is in her pictures.

The pantry wall had 3 sets, to be 24” deep, one of the uppers was only 12” deep. I guess to attach to thin air?? The designer sold me $400 worth of soft close hinges as she said my order did not come with them, but they did. She should know her product. The pantry wall was 5 1/4” from the ceiling when the rest of the cabinets are 4 1/4”. Leaving issues with the crown moulding. The island is a very, very dark grey, nearly black which was to be light grey for a mild contrast to the white cabinets. The fridge upper and panels are so tight, you can hardly fit the fridge. Etc, etc, etc.

As I obviously made complaints to Home Depot immediately. I was given what they call a resolution specialist. This person promised everything fixed. By this point I have been living with no workable kitchen for 3 months. 7 people. The specialist took longer and longer to get back to me, each time promising answers by the end of day. One of his emails, tells me that he has such serious problems far greater than mine that I was not a priority. He said things as gas and roof leaks. SCARY TO THINK OF BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS! It took until March for the order to go back to the cabinet maker for correct cabinets. Then several more weeks to get the doors replaced. I canceled their counter people as I would never use Home Depot again. My deposit for the counter I’m told is at the Woodstock location as a store credit and I can go drive and pick it up. Originally, I was told to consider it a service fee?

I was promised compensation for all the trouble and the wrong island colour. At the end of all of this ridiculous situation, my resolution was NOTHING. The BBB tried to resolve things but we were unsuccessful. Home Depot’s answer is they gave me $2,800 is extra cabinets. The cupboards I got were the replacement ones that were wrong and damaged. One of the replacement cabinets fell apart as we were placing it up. Their holes, fasteners etc. we had to L bracket to reinforce and create completely new screw holes, glue it and more. They sent no fasteners for any of the new drawer fronts. Most of the replacement doors are mitred very poorly.

This was to be a very exciting project and beautiful custom kitchen for me. It has been completely ruined by this company. I’m my eyes a horrible, horrible rude, lying company. I urge anyone who needs goods like what the Home Depot Carrie’s that you find another store. I WILL NEVER, EVER USE HOME DEPOT FOR ANYTHING AGAIN. As there are still unresolved problems that they do not want to address, I have had to hire a lawyer.

Original review: July 1, 2022

Will never do business with Home Depot again. Bought a new refrigerator May 30. Delivered June 6. Still sitting in our garage in July, with the broken refrigerator in the kitchen. They didn’t complete the installation on delivery day because there wasn’t a shut off valve on the water line, which we didn’t know was required. We installed a shut off valve ourselves the next day. Called several times about getting the service done. Scheduled two appointments that were simply ignored, with no follow up communication. Was told by the conflict resolution department that we didn’t fill out the online order properly for haul away, which is a lie. We had to place the order online because the sales person told us the cost would be $600 more simply to get the fingerprint resistant finish, which was also a lie. We’ve lived in Atlanta for decades, and we’ve done lots of business with Home Depot, but we’ll never do business with them again!!

Original review: June 18, 2022

I bought a 10ft sun umbrella from Home Depot in April of 2021. First the canopy wore through at the corners. I filed a warranty claim and after much hassle they finally replaced it. Now, in June of 2022 the head piece at the top of the rod broke after a breeze lifted the umbrella up in to the air and onto the ground. I assume this item is rated for outdoors since it is designed to protect from the sun. And I did have it anchored. I have been trying to contact Home Depot warranty department about this but no one is returning my calls or letters. Very disappointed. I'll never buy junk from Home Depot again!!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I hired a contractor to redo my deck. He did a beautiful job. I went to Home Depot to find the stain I wanted and picked up various samples (paid $4.99) each. When I finally made my decision I have the sample to my contractor (I had to go to work) to pick up the stain. He gave them the paint sample. They mixed the wrong base, they made it oil base instead of water based and it changed the color drastically (dark red). It looked horrible! Fortunately the contractor had done 2/4 of the deck and I was able to stop him.

I went back to Home Depot and have told them what had happened, of course, they blamed it on the contractor but how could you go wrong when you have the literal paint can with the details in front of you. I told them the contractor is charging me $1500 to sand it off. He could not use the remover because now it was oil based. I put in a claim with Home Depot to have my reimbursement of $1500 due to their mistake. They pushed my claim from department to department and I still have not heard from them since March - it is now June? DON'T TRUST THEM WITH YOUR PROJECT - Their employees don't know what they are doing.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I have experienced the absolute worse customer service in my life. I placed an online order from Home Depot for a GE Washing Machine, order #** on 5/14 and it was delivered and installed by Home Depot’s installation contractors. We did not use the washer for about a week but when we did we discovered water on the floor, upon looking further, I notice a small drip of water coming from the hot and cold water inlets and I also realized that the hoses that were installed were not the stainless steel hoses that was part of the install kit I had paid for. I called customer service and they scheduled a service call to come out and make the corrections.

When the 2nd crew of installers came out with the correct hoses, they told my wife that the first crew had damaged the water inlets to the washer and they would have to be repaired but they could not do it, and we could not use the washer until it was repaired. They were going to make an appointment with an appliance repair company to come out. This was on a Friday and on Monday I had not heard from anyone, so I called customer service again and explained the situation. The lady I spoke with told me that GE was going to replace the machine instead of repairing it so the new installation was scheduled for 6/11.

The new crew showed up at 11:15AM but told me they did not have a washer but were only there for a service call. They reconnected the water hoses and there was a small drip. They replaced the water hoses again and that sort of stopped the water leak, but they said they were recommending that the machine be replaced and their company would place the order but gave me a Home Depot phone number to call just to verify that it was received. After they left I called the number and spoke with a representative who told me that in no certain terms would I be receiving a replacement model that I had not called before the 48hr period after it was installed. He told me that the Home Depot representative that told me I was getting a replacement unit had made a mistake and it was not going to be replaced as he kept telling me that “it’s off the table”. He wanted to schedule another service call.

At this point I am tired of service calls. We had not been able to use the washer in over a week so we have been inconvenienced and there is wood flooring under the washer that got stained from the leaking water hose. I told him that I would keep an eye on the hoses to see if they were still leaking and if they were, I would call GE or Home Depot Warranty to come out. When I told him that I was greatly disappointed in Home Depot’s customer service, he offered me a $100 off the price of the washer, but like I told him I don’t want the money. I want a washer that works and is not leaking. I also asked him to escalate my call to I higher tier but he refused.

In a later email to customer service they told me that the installation service providers are contracted through GE and Home Depot is only the retailer of the merchandise. I’m other words I am the customer but once Home Depot gets your money it’s somebody else’s problem. If this is the way they treat their customers, I’ll spend my money somewhere else and I have because about two days after this my freezer went out so I spent my money with Lowes.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I called customer Service at Home Depot. They are terrible. I called to request that my interest rate be lowered on my credit card and was turned down. I talked to the supervisor who was rude and female. No one could give me an explanation as to why my credit card interest is higher than my husband's credit card. I pay my card on time and pay extra on my payments. My husband's Home Depot credit card interest is 2% lower than my card. The amount he owes is much higher. Our total income is the same and we pay the same bills. Both of us work and both of us have businesses. Home Depot discriminates against women. I will no longer do business or purchase items from Home Depot. I will encourage other women and men to do the same.

Original review: June 12, 2022

Per local Home Depot store Manager, military discount is no longer apply to regular price items. Military veterans stand up and no longer support this store. It’s a shame that the economy has turn down south and this company is turning their backs to the American Veterans during this hard time.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I received a gift card for Home Depot. I used the card once and then the next time I went to use it there was less money on it than there was last time I used it. Spend 30 min in store afterwards trying to find out what happened. Customer support was able to tell me purchase dates and times, store, register, etc, but was unable to tell me what was purchased on the card. This is such a scam! Home Depot keeps records of all purchases. I know that from returning items previously. The only reason they would not be able to disclose the items purchased is if they had something to hide. I will never accept or buy a Home Depot gift card again.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Upon installation of a brand new GE washing machine, we noticed a leak in 4 days. Water constantly trickled out of the water supply even when the machine was turned off. We reported this issue to Home Depot and they offered no assistance whatsoever. Although they sold, delivered, and installed a defective machine, they wiped their hands clean of this transaction since we identified the problem outside of their 48-hour time window. Now, we need to go to the manufacturer for assistance and a potential repair on a 1-week old washing machine. Home Depot, please be better than this. Stand behind the products you sell, take ownership for faults. You may have saved a buck by not processing this return, but terribly insufficient customer service will cost you in the long run.

Original review: June 8, 2022

This item has not reached the store. Ordered on 5/18, I was promised a 6/7 delivery. The delivery status through the email was then changed to 6/10. No further update was received online. Today, I called to confirm a 6/10 pick up. The courteous person at the call center said that the status of 6/10 had suddenly changed to 6/13 as she logged in. She then called the “resolution center” who “resolved” the issue by repeating the same story. I have a good contractor who is cooling his heels waiting for this. Not to mention it is expensive! I might have ordered elsewhere but watching the item online the Home Depot date of the 7th seemed to be what they were predicting for delivery. BEWARE, Home Depot delivery dates are illusory.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Extremely disrespectful that you lead people to believe they can make a payment onine or by phone. Multiple attempts, fails at the end. You will be hearing from me and this is the last time I try to use your garbage Citibank card.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Home Depot uses third parties for logistics companies and takes no responsibility for damages caused by their vendors. Temco Logistics stole our oven and damaged our refrigerator. HD customer service offered no help.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I purchased a patio set online. Deliver was free so I choose this option, big mistake. The item that was delivered was incomplete and had a different item code. I immediately contacted customer service. They were supposed to schedule a pickup of the delivery and it was recommended that in order to get the item I wanted I would need to place another order and pay for it again. They will not refund my money until the order is picked up. I have now been waiting for over a week to get the items picked up. Called Customer Service again and they cannot tell me when the item will be picked up.

In the meantime, the second set that I ordered, was delivered, however, I refused the delivery because the item number was different than what I ordered. I again called Customer Service and this time they told me that the order # may be different than what was ordered online. They also stated they would expediate the pickup of the first order and the delivery of the new order. I am now out over $1400 and do not have a patio set. Every time a call is made to Customer Service a different answer is given. I will never shop at Home Depot again and do not recommend anyone else doing so. I just hope I get my money back, eventually.

Home Depot Company Information