1.23/5
Based on 102 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

117 Ace Hardware Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution response: Feb. 15, 2019

My just previous review is in fact honest and accurate. However, I since have talked with other customer service reps (especially Kathleen in Fla.) and have been treated very very courteously, friendly and professionally. The first rep just triggered something with his thoughtless remark and obvious less than empathic regard regarding good customer service. Happens to us all at some point I guess.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Ace Hardware online is a separate entity from the Ace stores. The Ace stores cannot do anything about any orders made online. The online site is useless when trying to help. "oops, sorry about that" and "hey, this isn't Amazon" is all you get. Made an order online and was told the order would be at the store today. Called the store and order did not show up. The order will not be at the store now until a week from today. This order was made being told when the delivery would be made and I would not have ordered had I known this. This made no difference to cust. service. "We're not Amazon" is all I got. I'm 300 miles from this store and the order pickup was made as my travels would accommodate this perfectly. Now, not so. I am SOOOO PO'ed about this. I would give zero stars if I could.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I purchased a $600 Toro snowblower on December 7th 2018. On 1-21-19 the 3rd time that I had used my snowblower the engagement cable broke. I took it back to Spanish Fork Ace hardware to get it fixed. They told me to bring it inside so I unloaded the snowblower and brought inside. The employee looked at it and said it would be $20 labor plus the price of the part. I told him that it was brand new and still under warranty so I will not pay a dime to have it fixed. The employee called his manager on the radio and told him what I said.

The manager replied on the radio that Ace doesn’t back the Toro products they sell. After hearing that I told the employee that I wanted my money back. He called the manager again and told him that I wanted my money back. The manager replied on the radio that I was not getting a refund and I need to take my problem up with Toro. I left and found Cutlers in Orem that repairs snowblower. I walked into Cutlers. They ask what was wrong and took a look at my snowblower. He looked at my receipt then typed in the serial number into the computer. Cutlers then told me it was covered under warranty and it would be fixed in a day. Save yourself from Ace Hardware and buy from Home Depot. They back the products that they sell at 100%.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I recently went to the Ace Hardware in Chiefland, Florida. I purchased a weedeater. Two weeks later I tried to start the weedeater with no luck. I had a terrible experience when I was there. They as much told me I was a liar about the parts on the weedeater. They traded me a new engine, and I kept my lower part of the unit as it was straight, not curved.

When I got home and went to use the unit I noticed that they kept the handle. I went back to Ace and when I went in, I tried to explain my problem. The woman at the desk looked at me and VERY sarcastically said "Oh, we know who you are." She said they did not keep my handle. The manager came up and the other woman told her again, in a sarcastic tone. "He is being helped okay." They did eventually bring me a handle. Gave it to me with nothing else said. I drive to the Trenton Ace store now. Same owner, but much nicer employees. Others I know will not go to the Chiefland Store either.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Refused my return because I bought and paid for the copper water heater connector online then picked the item up in their store. Because the sale did not go through their cash register the cashier, that has been there for years, would not give me a refund even though I had all internet sale paperwork. Someone needs to retrain employees at the Parker, AZ, Ace hardware store.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I went to Ace Hardware in Margate, Fl for an item advertised in the store ad. It was a craftsman tool chest with free 121 pc tool set for 99.99. Advertisement showed sale good from Nov. 28 thru Dec 24. The associate and owner or manager stated they never had item in stock. That I could order online and ship it to the store. The ad clearly stated in store only. Then stated the store was too small to stock. There was nothing stating while supplies last or not available at some stores. This is complete false advertising.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

This company sales Craftsman tools, and according to Craftsman’s website, should honor the lifetime warranty. We went to the Ace Hardware on Pleasantburg Dr. in Greenville to exchange a wrench and were told by the manager that they don’t honor that policy because “Craftsmen is on its way out“. This is bad business, and it seems we always have a customer service issue anytime we’ve attempted to shop at this specific Ace Hardware. We will NOT be back!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Five days ago I ordered an item for my husband (for Christmas) using Acehardware.com. After placing my order, and being excited that the item would be delivered before Christmas, I received an email confirming my online order. I was ecstatic that the item that my husband wanted so badly would be under the tree and ready to surprise him on Christmas morning. The next day I opened the confirmation email again to use the order number to track the progress of my husband’s present (yes I was overly enthusiastic). I was absolutely gobsmacked to see that it said my order was canceled! Why? I emailed them to find out why. Today, December 21st, they finally emailed me back. Guess what they said. “We’re sorry but your order is canceled.” No reason or explanation. It’s too late now ACE! Thanks for sweet ** all!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Walked in 12/14/2018. Asked where a particular item could be found, after being ignored for several moments. I was very rudely told, "Somewhere in the store go find it." After finding the item it got even worse when paying for the item. If you're looking to be treated like crap, ask for (Jackie).

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Absolute idiots that work in this store...(Jennifer & Larry). I ordered a Ladder over the internet and had it delivered to this store. I went to pick it up in my Toyota Matrix. Jennifer said the car is too small. I said I'll put down the seats and lay it in, then I will tie it down, it will stick out about 4' and I will put a red flag on it. I only live a couple of miles away. Would you believe the idiots threw the ladder into the car cracking the windshield. I could not believe it. Then they had the nerve to say 'See we told you the car was too small'... Really? Then they would take NO Responsibility. None, not even the owner. They had the nerve to say, 'Call your Ins'. I called the main Ace Hardware Number and No Help there either. Stay away from Ace Hardware, especially this store. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE... Jennifer & Larry Idiots.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've been waiting a week for a status update to the order I placed online. Twice now I've emailed customer support stating that I haven't received a status update and each time I'm told that I can pick up the item at the store 'tomorrow'. Tomorrow is here, still no status update. My PayPal account has been charged. Ace was formerly a great company. I'm guessing that they'll go the way of Sears. Too Bad.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Was looking for a screw extractor, but was repeatedly sent to some sort of ad listing for handtools. Tried looking for drill bits with the same result. So much for shopping locally. Moving on to Amazon as usual.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I purchased three rolls of plastic sheathing during Hurricane Irma last year. After the hurricane I did not need them so I went to return them. I was told that there was a sign up that said, "No returns for purchases made before this hurricane." I called the corporate office and was told each store since their own return policy. This store was one of many owned by the same people in the Tampa North Port Sarasota area. Do not buy anything from Ace Hardware. Home Depot and Lowe's both took returns after the hurricane of items such as tarps and things that people thought they might need. I was told that the store would go broke if they accept it all the returns bought before the hurricane.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I just left Ace Hardware store #112 in Raleigh. I had a return and Hunter treated me like dirt from the start. Rolled his eyes, huffed and puffed about having laid the box on its side. I said that I had never been treated that way at Ace and he quieted down while I went inside to process return. Then, when he went to the car to get the box out, he called me a “**”. I don’t think he knew my preteen daughter was in the car. Once he left she came inside and told me. When I confronted him he lied and said he didn’t say it. I told him she had never heard the ** word before and I didn’t think she made it up. Then he said, “ I don’t recall saying that”. I am so angry! I don’t like that he would call me that, but to have my young daughter hear such language is horrific. And to hear it used directed toward her mom is inexcusable. I am incredibly infuriated!!! #aceistheplace NOT.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I wish I would have read all these bad reviews before I purchased a gift card from Ace Hardware Online. I ordered the card on the 25th of one month, being told that I would have it before the 1st of the next month. Now here it is the 17th of the next month and STILL NO CARD!!! I have called many, many times and get a different run around each time. Their customer service is so bad, the worst of any co. I've ever dealt with. One lady flat out called me a liar when I told her another employee told me to never order one of their gift cards because they either don't work or people never get them!!! WHY would they sell them then??? $102.50 for a gift card I have never received. Ace just ripped off a disabled grandmother. WAY to go Ace!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I had three gallons of unused paint that I needed to dispose of in Shelton, WA and when looking for a place Ace Hardware in Olympia, WA came up. I went into the store to find out how the process worked and I was told to bring in the paint to the front counter. A clerk looked at the paint cans and then pulled out a notebook, opened to a page and scanned a page and then told me it would cost me $16.40 to drop off this paint. To say I was shocked would be to put it mild. Nowhere on their website did it mention anything about paying a fee to dispose of this paint. Not a good way to run a business.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I have always redeemed my Ace Coupons, $5 off on $20 on anything marked and not on sale items till the last time I was in the Ace on Socrum Loop N Lakeland Florida. Was told the item wasn't an Ace product?? The store has been on its way down the past six month. Even the manager run me all over the store looking for someone free to help me??? Go figure.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I was ordering a part for my mom's commode online so I knew she would get the repair correct part I needed to make a repair. I placed the order online for pickup at the local store, but after I placed the order the site informed me that to make the pickup I would have to be there with ID and the card. I gave her the part info so she could just go down and pick it up as I was indisposed and set about cancelling the order. I called the store where it was to be picked up and was told it had already been keyed in and since corporate were different entities, they could no longer cancel the order.

Since it was the only item in stock the employee offered to put it back on the shelf so that it would be there when she arrived, I said, "Good, thank you." He gave me the number for corporate so I could cancel the order. I called corporate and told them what had happened and was put on hold. She came back and told me she had just talked to employee at the store, and he said it was in will-call and so she could not cancel the order. During this time my mom arrived home, with the part. When I told the woman on the phone, she said when she talked to the store they told her it is in will-call and so the order cannot be cancelled.

I called the store and talked to the employee, he said he told her that he keyed in the order and that is why he could not cancel it. He then went on to tell me that the stores and corporate were two separate entities, they use corporate as an advertising platform for independently owned stores. Once a payment and order are keyed in you have to talk to corporate because they control the funds at that point. No part in stock, can't cancel the order because it's in will-call, and yet here I sit less the money and maybe corporate will do something in a week or so. I will NEVER order anything online from Ace Hardware again.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I ordered eight two packs of GE incandescent light bulbs. There is NO Ace Hardware store near me that had these in stock and no one else sells them. It was a miracle that none of them broke. There was no bubble wrap and six two packs were put in a box 24 by 24 by 24 box with NO fragile label. The other two packages were in a smaller box. The larger box was delivered with a large HOLE in it. I inspected each bulb. Three two packs (6 bulbs were defected - they had massive imperfections including glue on the face of the bulbs).

I called AceHardware.com FOUR time !!! Dealing with them is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!! Three times I requested a return label. It is now three weeks that I am trying to get a simple return label. The first time I called customer service the women said when they receive my package they will EXCHANGE the bulbs and send me better ones. Today I called again and another supervisor said she would try a third time to send me a return label, BUT they would NOT send me any new bulbs!!! I will try to call GE directly!!! Stay AWAY from AceHardware.com - they do NOT stand by their satisfaction guarantee!!! They just lost a new customer!!!

Original review: June 23, 2018

I went in Ace Hardware in Pickens, SC. Paid for 3 2x4x10 lumber... got receipt, went out to my vehicle, pulled around to lumber area, the guy come out to assist me and we looked for specified lumber, come to find out they had everything but the size I had just paid for. Didn’t even have a bin for 2x4x10... had 12s in both bins. Had to go back in and have refund put back on my card... Bad experience!!!

Original review: April 29, 2018

I had ordered some outdoor chairs for my porch. When I place the order it showed I would receive my items within 1-7 days. My order showed processing for a week. I contacted the store and online customer service and received 2 different responses. Originally store stated it would be in the truck the next day. It did not show up so I called 800 # and they stated it would be in on Tuesday which was 3 days away. Now, 24 hours later I receive this email. "We regret to inform you that we are unable to complete your order. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience."

Why do they even offer items that are not available to them? I would never have messed around for a week waiting on items that I was needing for an event at my house. I ordered in good confidence that they would be in before the 7 days since it stated 1-7 days. Not only did they not make it for the event but now I have to go try to find something that will work on my patio for another event. Very frustrating to have such poor customer service. This looks like an ongoing problem as I have read multiple reviews with this same complaint. Do NOT use them for anything that they offer online, obviously, they just advertise items that are not even available.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Ace Hardware Schofield WI. Mar/Apr 2018. I am normally very happy with customer service at Ace Hardware. I Have dealt with the paint mgr Barb ** in the past and found her very condescending, ignorant and rude and this time was no exception. I bought 4 gallons of paint but at the time they only had 3 base cans in stock so I had to wait a week for the next delivery. I had to run into town a second time to pick up the 4th can. I bring that up because their current TV commercials say they will deliver to you if there are any issues so you won't be inconvenienced. That did not happen and was not offered.

After I picked up the 4th can and I got it home, I could see, along with everyone in my family (15 people, it was Easter), that the dot on the new can (a coral color) did not match the dots on the other 3 cans (neon red). I called Ace in Schofield and spoke to Barb. Even in that initial conversation, she indicated that she thought that was impossible. They had done anything wrong but I should come back the next Monday. That was inconvenient for me so it wasn't until a week later that I went in. Barb was there with two other employees. I had taken in a can from the original 3 and the 4th can and showed them the difference. They looked at the dots (employees had dipped in the paint and put a dot on the top of the can) and saw the difference. At first there was much discussion because the labels showing the colors added were the same.

I said I think it is because it is a different batch. Barb said "I'm sure it's the same batch". Then she looked and it was a different batch. She said that shouldn't matter but I said I have been in decorating and batches do matter. Then she took the covers off the cans and said she could not see any difference. I have to admit, I couldn't either, but then it was wet paint and under fluorescent lights. Then she had one of the girls re-shake the can in question and start mixing a new can. After mixing we still couldn't see any difference but I did not want the can in question. Barb told me to paint with half a can and then mix another can and so forth. I said I didn't want to do that.

I had picked out a red and didn't want to risk painting with a coral. I did not want to paint a month or two from now and then see the difference and then wish I had stood my ground, instead of being bullied by Barb into accepting the can in question. She said I don't know what you want me to do... REALLY? I said just give me the new can (which's color dot seemed more on point). Nothing like making me inconvenienced and feeling like I was inconveniencing her. I will shop at Ace but never their paint dept again as long as she is there. And I will be spreading my experience around. She does not fit with the customer service ideals of the company. I would have said this to Ace but they didn't seem to have that option on their website.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Ordered a product online. This was a mistake, despite good deal on the price. I requested multiple update via the email customer service page and never received a single reply. I was never notified when the product arrived at the store and when I called to speak to a person it was a challenging experience and no satisfaction. After more than a week late, I and many calls I found the product had been at the store just sitting. Maybe an ok deal, but not sure non responsive customer service and hassle is worth the savings. Ace web page still shows product is still shipping even though it was delivered.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Bought a 3mm deep wall socket crack 2nd time I used it. Original store out of business, travel to 3 different towns, they won't give me a Craftsman replacement. My socket was Ace, attendant says they don't make them anymore. Called corporate same cockamamie bull story, can't help me, so of course I think Craftsman is junk and their so-called life warranty sucks. Always wanna give you used junk, now Ace tools are junk also, customer service sucks, warranty sucks, stores suck (the ones that are open still). Needless to say I will never nor any of my family and friends will darken their doorstep again... service sucks, products unsupported... steer clear unless all you need is a bolt or piece of rope, but they probably won't have the size you need.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ace Hardware refuses to honor an extended warranty on a motorized chainsaw I purchased from their store. Without conducting an impartial investigation into the cause of the catastrophic failure of a brand new chainsaw I purchased at their store, Ace has concluded that nothing but operator error was the cause and refuses to explain how they reached such a conclusion despite the possibility of a manufacturing defect or material flaws. I believe Ace Hardware may be engaging in consumer fraud, and I am kindly requesting your office to review my case. The chainsaw I purchased from Ace is a “Stihl” brand, model MS251. I purchased this equipment for $359.00, not including tax. I initially wanted to purchase the smaller model, the M1 70; however, the salesperson talked me into purchasing the MS251 because it is a sturdier model.

Despite my reservations toward purchasing more expensive, the salesperson also talked me into purchasing an Ace extended warranty, since the chainsaw is an expensive piece of motorized equipment. I did not use the equipment for any work – I did not even fire it up once, not a chip of wood was cut. I attempted to start it up for the first time ever on January 28, 2018. The chainsaw would not start and after approximately eight (8) attempts to start it, it began smelling of burnt rubber and I discontinued my efforts and brought it into the Ace Hardware store in Auburn, Washington, located at 308 W. Main Street, Auburn WA 98001. I spoke to the Ace employee at the Stihl Service Desk, who looked at the chainsaw and informed me he thought I most likely “mishandled” the equipment and may have “burned out” the clutch.

He insisted that I kept engaging the clutch to the point of burn out, without considering the other possibilities of equipment defect or malfunction. Unlike my other Stihl equipment this unit took eight (8) attempts, of about 3-4 “pulls” of the cord, to start - and that was one of the first signs of trouble that could indicate a faulty unit. They did not want to consider that symptom as an indication of underlying problems - despite the fact that Stihl prides itself for quick and easy starts. He informed me that if it was a burned out clutch it would not be covered under the warranty because it would be deemed “operator error.” He would not entertain my explanation that the clutch lever or other mechanism could be defective when I showed him that the clutch lever was in the “disengage” or OFF position on the equipment when I started it, like I do my other Stihl saws I purchased from Ace.

He attempted to induce me into paying for repairs. I refused to pay for any repairs but acquiesced to paying a $50 “troubleshooting fee”, and insisted that I had not mishandled the chainsaw. I explained exactly what I did – which was merely to attempt to start the equipment with the clutch lever in OFF, exactly according to instructions provided by the manufacturer, and exactly as they demonstrated when I purchased the product, and exactly how I start my other Stihl chainsaws for years now. The operating sequence is identical to other Stihl chainsaws I've purchased from Ace and I told the employee that I followed the same process with the clutch lever in the OFF position.

The service desk representative then told me there were “other such incidents recently” where the Stihl chainsaw catastrophically failed from a burned out clutch. When I asked for details about those “other cases,” and what the outcome was, whether the warranty covered those similar incidents, he said he was not “made aware” of the outcome of those incidents and investigations. I left my chainsaw that day at the Ace store and told the employee I wanted him to contact the Stihl representative who was responsible for warranty determinations. I informed him that I wanted the warranty to cover a repair or I wanted Stihl or Ace Hardware to provide me with a replacement. I received a follow up call a few days later, from ** who stated that he knew the details of the other case and that the customers were blamed by Ace for starting the chainsaw the wrong way and Ace made the customer purchase another chainsaw.

My chainsaw is the same brand. I asked ** how they could make a positive determination that the manufacturer (Stihl) did not have faulty materials or mechanisms that could cause the clutch to stick in the “ON” position, regardless of the position of the lever that engages and disengages the clutch? He was not able to answer that question definitively, so he repeatedly reverted to “operator error,” which is a convenient escape from warranty responsibility. I not only have the manufacturer’s warranty, but the additional warranty Ace sold me as an “extended warranty.” Ace is now saying neither of two (2) warranties covers a brand new piece of equipment, which has never been used, against material flaws or manufacturing defects. They have concluded the catastrophic failure of my new chainsaw is a result of a single act of operator error, without providing any evidence, explanation, or rationale.

Operator error is not plausible in my case for two main reasons. 1- I've operated and I'm familiar with Stihl equipment for years and the German made equipment is very sturdily built of durable materials, barring an occasional defective part. 2- I have 39,831 hours of documented and verifiable technical experience in aircraft maintenance over the last 22 years working for a major airline- and I'm very familiar with motorized equipment. The only way a catastrophic failure of that degree can occur in a singular moment is due to design, material, or mechanical defects - and those possibilities cannot rationally be ruled out by Ace. No one at Ace has explained how they determined the failure cannot be from design, material, or mechanism defects.

The Service manager argued that even his garden equipment mechanic, who's been doing this work for 20+ years, thinks it is operator error that I burned out the clutch—but I felt obliged to refute that by expressing that I have over 39,000 hours of documented aircraft maintenance engineering experience, during which time I have operated highly sophisticated motorized and electronic equipment - and that his judgement cannot be competing with what I know in my field, with higher equipment. After discussing the matter for a third time, with **, he referred me to the Ace Hardware owner, Darren Jones, as the contact point for filing a complaint.

The only thing certain at this point is that the clutch burned out. Ace cannot know for certain why the clutch did not disengage, despite the fact that the clutch lever was in the “disengage” or OFF position, which is how I start all my chainsaws I've purchased from Ace since 2015. If the equipment that Ace sold me is so delicate that it fails before even using it then there is some type of manufacturing or design defect. Moreover, Ace is defrauding customers if they are selling such faulty equipment and extended warranties on such faulty equipment. Ace and Stihl would rather conveniently blame the customer for holding, starting, and handling equipment than honor either of two (2) warranties they induced me to purchase. It is not plausible that this chainsaw failure is due to operator error.

It is very possible that Ace and Stihl are refusing to honor the warranty of this line of equipment possibly to avoid making good on their promise to customers and not letting other customers know the results of other investigations and outcomes. I believe they are accusing and blaming the customer in order to avoid responsibility under consumer rights. I am asking for full repair or compensation for the chainsaw, that Ace and Stihl honor their warranty, as well as the extended warranty, which they induced me to purchase. I also am asking for a refund of my $50.00 troubleshooting service fee, which was what they charged me on January 28, 2018 to look at the chainsaw.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

This happened yesterday evening at around 4:00pm in Wichita Falls, TX. We recently had a new Ace Hardware open in the last few weeks and this was my first visit in. I was out doing some banking and decided to stop at Ace because it's on the street behind my bank and I haven't been in yet. My intent was to just browse and maybe buy something small if I remembered I needed something. I only had $13 and some change in my account, so couldn't afford much anyway. I entered and am immediately welcomed. The lady up front asks if I need anything (1). I tell her it's been about 20 years since I set foot in an Ace and am happy to just look. I head straight for the gardening aisles. A guy then asks me if I need anything (2). I tell him I'm just browsing the gardening section in anticipation of the upcoming growing season.

A couple aisles later, the cashier lady asks again if I need anything (3). I tell her, "I'm just learning the layout of the store, thanks. I really don't need anything specific." They're beginning to be a little pushy. On the other side of the store, after being asked times (4) and (5) if I need anything, I find the drill bit aisle. I'm super excited to find itty bitty ones in stock and make sure to mention that to the next person who talks to me (6). I go on to ask if they sell flex shafts, because by this point I've come up with an answer to their incessant pestering. I get a flat no and am just told about the Dremels, which I say I am reluctant to purchase because my current low rpm one is utter crap.

At various points while I'm in the drill bit aisle I get my phone out of my purse to look up a couple things about rpm requirements for flex shafts as well as a drill bit to wire gauge conversion chart. The most recent guy starts asking me weird questions, like if I go to the local college. I tell him I graduated a while back. After I've selected my drill bits, he offers to take them to the front counter to hold for me. I say, "No thanks, I'd like to hold on to them and continue browsing the other aisles."

Two more times I am asked if I need anything (7), (8) by even more employees before I'm fed up. This whole time I've been polite in denying them. I end up going back to select a spray head for my watering hose. I transfer $5 from my savings to my checking to cover the tax of my purchase. When I get to the register, the cashier girl is walking off to do something, and says as much. Really, after all the pestering? I needed help finally and was put on hold for a couple minutes. She finally checks me out and tells me about the rewards program. I'm polite and ask about a brochure to consider it in the future. This store does have plenty of things I would purchase in the near future.

Here's the kicker! As I get ready to leave the store, a police officer is entering. I didn't think anything of it and open the door for him, as you do in Texas for anyone. He stops me and asks to check my bag. I think he's joking and hand him my Ace bag with receipt and all. Then he asks to look in my Purse! As if I had stolen anything! He tells me he got a call about a suspicious young woman shopping at the store and if there's anything in my bag. I told him the only thing weird in there is an ** I recently got prescribed. He seems surprised, peeks in, finds nothing amiss, and apologizes for the intrusion.

I make sure to tell him that all of the employees had been harassing ME and making ME feel uncomfortable. I later called the store manager and said that I will never visit their location again after what happened. Calling the cops is a little extreme for someone who only wants to browse in peace. Also, feeling pressured to buy something because your employees are bored is equally awful.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I placed an order at Ace Hardware online ordering on December 22, 2017 that was to be shipped free to my local Ace Hardware store. I received a confirmation the same day that stated the item was in stock in their warehouse and would be delivered to the local Ace Hardware store for pickup within 3-8 business days. The confirmation e-mail stated that I would receive another e-mail when the item was delivered and ready for pickup. I received no additional correspondence from Ace. After giving them a few extra days because of the holidays, I called my local Ace Hardware store today to see if they had received my order. They had not.

The supervisor at the local Ace store called to check on the order and called me back right away. Ace's online ordering group in fact did not have my item in their warehouse and had cancelled my order without notifying me. I was told by the supervisor at my local store said that I was not the first customer to experience this result when they had placed an online order from Ace. He apologized repeatedly and hoped that I would not let this experience negatively affect my attitude about the local Ace Hardware stores.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

This is the second time I have a complaint. My other son went in Ace (Monahans Texas) to buy some staples and he was told to leave and the friend that was with him was told also to leave because she was hanging around with the wrong people. Just because the manager (Robert) does not like me does not give him the right to treat all the other people that knows me from going in to buy what they need. That is prejudice and since Ace Corp. was notified if ace corp. cannot do their job why buy from them? I'm sending a complaint to the BBB and the attorney general office. I thought ace corp. had more respect for their customers.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Ordered an in stock generator 2 weeks ago from Ace to pickup at a local store. Did so to try to give someone other than Amazon my business? And thought that by having it shipped to an Ace in town, the owner would make some money as well. After a week, I went by the store and they knew nothing about my order nor could they help me track it. Figured it would show up in the next couple of days so I left and when I didn’t hear anything I phoned Ace.com customer service and was assured that it would be there this Tuesday (the Tuesday before Christmas). On Wednesday right before I was getting ready to call again, I get an email from Ace with no explanation saying they were unable to fulfill my order! WTH!!! No wonder Amazon and the Big Box stores are kicking the little guy's butt. Not sure who the CEO of this company is, but somebody needs to buy these bozos out and teach them how to merchandise. Ace isn’t the place folks!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I purchased a qt. size container of Ceramic Thin-set that was obviously used before and returned to the ACE Hardware Store. There was grout material on the outside of the can and you could see the can was previously open. This item cost only $9.99 but since I needed only a little, and this was the only can in the store, I decided to buy it and politely asked the cashier for a small discount, since the product was already opened, used and returned. She looked at me like I was crazy and charged me full price and wouldn't contact a manager because there were at least 3 customers behind me.

So out-loud I said to my wife, “This is why I hate shopping in ACE,” and made sure the other customers took notice. I also told the cashier, I would use what I needed and would return the item in two hours back to her for a full refund. She didn't even care and handed me my bag and receipt. Of course I won't return the item, but believe me if Lowe's or Home Depot has something I need I will never go back to ACE Hardware.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Let's start w/ a misleading depiction of a shower stall online that led me to purchase what appeared to be a "free standing" stall. When I went to unpack my purchase, I found a stall that required wall support on three sides. This would not work in my situation so I returned to store it was shipped to, on 9/21. On 10/4 I am still being told my credit is "processing" that should take "3 to 5 days" on the thirteenth day. Ace Hardware online buyer, BEWARE!

Ace Hardware Company Information