Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Ace Hardware is a hardware retailer with more than 5,000 stores across the globe. Customers can shop from many different top brands to find what they need for home maintenance and repair. Many Ace hardware stores are independently owned and operated.

Ace Hardware Shop Now

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Ace Hardware Reviews

Original review: May 20, 2020

As you know that due to Covid-19 many of us have been stuck at home, well I have taken this time to indulge in my creative side. I started to create mirrors out of old windows. Well this is a new process for me so I had many questions and kinks to figure out. Ace Hardware answered all of my questions and filled my cart with the proper supplies. Now I am on my way! Thank You Ace Hardware!

Original review: March 30, 2020

I was sent to Ace Hardware from Home Depot because the key I needed copied was not within Home Depot's ability. Fortunately the Maitland Ace Hardware had their doors opened today. Many businesses in the city of Orlando have been ordered to close their doors indefinitely because of a virus. The gentleman at the front cash register greeted me and directed me to where keys are made within the store. The gentleman running this department was equally pleasant and efficient. I left with two copies of my screen door key. I appreciate quality hardware stores and having used this store in the past I thought it appropriate to give some kudos to the guys running it during a trying time for many businesses.

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I went to Ace because Lowe's didn't have what I was looking for. Imagine that. So I walk into Ace and a store rep walked up to me and I asked if they had the screws I'm looking for. He said "why yes we do, come with me". I liked how he took me right to them and I didn't have to search like I DID at other stores. I got exactly what I wanted at a very good price. And I appreciated him not trying to sell me something I wasn't wanting.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

Ace is the neighborhood place to go for hard to find home improvement items. They stock hard to find items and you can purchase individual nails and screws as supposed to buying in bulk at larger stores. The associates are usually friendly and will give you personal attention (try finding help in Home Depot...haha). They always have a good sale and they have started selling items from the Grommet. I've found neat kitchen items there.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I've shopped for hardware needs at both Home Depot and my local Ace. My local Ace wins hands down. Their aisles are passable, they have a great variety of things like doormats, garbage cans, light bulbs, all those little things you need, in a much smaller, better organized store. They don't have aisles and aisles of lumber and builder's supplies, but for the average shopper, it has (or can order) everything you need. The biggest plus? Knowledgeable help is always available at a help station (no searching in vain for someone who doesn't know the stock anyway)!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?

Original review: May 28, 2020

Store manager in Buffalo WY, Darren, will not deliver my online order despite customer service telling me my order is at his store. Darren will not help me cancel my order and get a refund either. Customer service has not responded to repeated emails about cancelling my order for a refund either. My order and money is being kept illegally by Darren and Ace hardware.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Two weeks ago, I ordered 12 cans of spray paint online. I received a confirmation E-mail. It said they would send updates as they became available. A week went by. As I checked the status online, it said “preparing to ship”. It said this for another week. I tried to inquire via E-Mail. The link did not work. I then called the customer care number. I spoke with Mike. He said the order had left the warehouse in Pennsylvania. It was at the Colorado service center. He thought this was in Colorado Springs. He told me I would have it in a couple of days.

Five days later I called again. This time I spoke with Dana. He could not verify where the order was, however promised to call me back with an update. Three hours later I received an E-Mail informing me my order had been cancelled. No reason why, just canceled. In addition, each time I called the “customer care line” I waited over three hours to speak with a representative. Didn’t have any choice due to the E-Mail link not working. Great customer service Ace Hardware!!!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

I made several phone calls and in every case the message says there will be a 30 min delay in answering. 30 mins turn into never. I resort to sending a couple emails to address my issue. Although I received an auto acknowledgement each time, there was still no reply regarding my issue. The issue being a purchase made that I was unable to get my $5 discount on the purchase. The online purchase would not accept the code they gave me for joining their rewards program. When I went into the store, it was stated that the system would not allow them to make the adjustment. This is a scan Ace Hardware is running. I will avoid dealing with them. The customer service is obviously either lazy or have been taught to deceive customers rather than follow through with providing the discount. Purchase your products elsewhere where you don't have these hassles.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Do not use this store for remodeling. The stores computer and the salesperson working the computer did not correctly allow for correct size of kitchen appliance and store manager refuses to correct this error. Very unprofessional and not consumer driven. It would be so simple for them to correct the error but as a result of their prompting and management this has been drawn out for over a year with no satisfactory response or resolution. The manager, Ron, was supposed to contact me via phone and has thus far failed to do so. On the whole, very unprofessional and not consumer driven. Though no fault of my own I am left with a disaster. Gone are the days when such a service company would stand by their product and employee/sales representative, correct their errors and work diligently to resolve such horrific remodeling results.

There is nothing worse than having an unfinished project with the store not correcting their own grave error. This has truly been a nightmare. A very sad nightmare. I wanted to support my community and got majorly burned with an unfinished project and a totally remodeled kitchen that cannot accommodate all the appliances. Any suggestions on how to have this store step up and correct their error?

Instead of this store learning from this major failing on their part, correcting their error and making sure that this never happens to another customer they will not correct their error on this sole project and finish my kitchen so all my appliances will fit IN the remodeled kitchen. Buyer beware!! This could happen to you! This company and store will not stand by the remodeling plans that they perform. If anyone has any further ideas on how to resolve this disaster of a matter I would greatly appreciate your input.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I ordered 2 bags of fertilizer 15,000 sqft. They only shipped one and charged me for 2. When I called them to alert them to their error. They called me a liar. Told me that both were delivered. Refused to refund my money or correct the shipment error. I filed a complaint with Paypal. They sided with the seller, saying it was delivered. Neither company provided me any proof. I never got my second bag or my money back. They stole my money. The only thing I could do is file a complaint with the FTC for unfair trade practices. You see paypal denied my claim instantly. Like the server did some math to find out how much the seller paid in fees last year. Whomever paid more to paypal wins the dispute. Despicable. I'll never use either of these companies for anything ever again. I work hard for my money. They stole it. If this was the old west, their general stores wouldn't exist. Back then we shot these filthy bastards in the street when they stole from us.

Ace Hardware Company Information