Ace Hardware

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Carl of Birmingham, AL on

Some time ago I began receiving unsolicited e-mails from Ace Hardware advertising their sales. At first I just ignored them, but they were appearing with such frequency that it became a real annoyance. Unlike every other unsolicited e-mail I have received from a reputable firm, their e-mails do not include any opt-out procedure. I finally e-mailed their customer service address to request a stop to the e-mails, and received a response assuring me I had been removed from their list. However, the e-mails kept coming, so I e-mailed them again, and again was assured that this time my address really had been removed from their list. Surprise! The e-mails just keep coming. Clearly, Ace Hardware will never stop spamming me... and just as clearly, I will NEVER buy anything from any Ace Hardware store. I'm curious if any one else has had a similar experience with Ace Hardware.

KATHLEEN of Mokena, IL on

I had a problem with Christmas lights that my husband brought on black Friday. I came in to the store and asked what I could do to repair the problem of the lights been dim. The Manager said he never heard of such a thing. He advised me to take a picture and come back with the empty boxes to prove that it was his product. On Dec. 24, I came back with pictures and empty boxes in hand as advised. I spoke to the manager again who stated he did not remember the conversation. I returned the Christmas lights a half hour later. He keep stating he could not find me in the system. As I was leaving I stated that this was the worst experience I have ever have. He made me feel so uncomfortable. I followed his directions. That is when the store manager to "** off " and walked away.

The young cashier named Tom was standing there and advised me that he would tell the store owner what had just happened to me and he said "sorry about that." On Dec 26, I call the store and left my name with Mary to have the store owner to call me and to this day I have not received a return call. I have always bought our lights at Ace hardware. As a matter of fact I think the year before we bought at least 10 new boxes. I main concern is the way he spoke to me. No one was ever told me to "** OFF" before. I would give no stars if I could. Avoid this store if you can.

Barbara of North Tonawanda, NY on

I placed an online order on November 20, 2016. When I didn't get a follow up regarding the status, I called customer service that week. I was told rather rudely that I should wait until a full 8 business days passed and if I heard nothing, to call back. I was assured that my order was "allocated" but there is no shipping information available since they use their own delivery trucks. Once the 8 days passed, I called customer service and was told my order was still "allocated" but would have to wait another week to see if it showed up at the store where it was to be delivered for pick up. He called the store where it was to be delivered and said they said my order was cancelled. Customer service said they had no record of it being cancelled nor did I. He said the store had the item in stock but I would have to pay a price that was about 30% higher than the price I was supposed to pay!

I was told the stores don't have to sell it to the customer for the price they were given online because it didn't have my name on it. Yet, the reason it didn't have my name was because someone chose to cancel it! Remember, I didn't cancel this order nor did customer service. I think that leaves the store at fault. I asked for a supervisor who basically reiterated the same as the customer service agent. He said my order was "allocated" and he would put a request in to corporate as to why I wasn't receiving any updates. The following day I received an email stating my order was unable to be completed. This order had missed 2 delivery dates to the store and now they wanted to cancel? I called customer service and was told they still showed my order as "allocated" and after checking with another dept they believed the email was sent in error.

They had someone earlier that day with the same situation, different item and their item was already sitting at the store. So, this does happen. Strangely enough, the email even stated that this cancellation notice may be an error on their part! So, I'm told my order still looks good on their end. Well, after several more calls and emails sent by CS to corporate regarding a reply (which supposedly takes 48 hrs), I heard nothing. Another call to a CS supervisor and he sent another request to corporate for a response as he wasn't getting anything from them either. This time he requested they price match the item when it became available again. Well, to wrap this up, about 1 1/2 weeks later, now December 18, corporate has finally responded and has denied the request even though they expect stock in the near future.

Nothing quite like telling you "we plan on more of that item you reserved but we don't want to sell it at that price we promised, even though we are ultimately responsible for the whole mix up." Wow, I have never heard or experienced worse service. In all fairness, it starts in corporate. Customer service has no power to help you. They are in name only. They have no real time delivery system to check (archaic), they use a computer system that sends out automated messages canceling orders and state that "we apologize if this was sent in error", and a corporate office with no direct lines to customer service. I would not bother to write this, if I thought this was just a simple mistake. The company has told me several times they are not really connected to your local stores as they are each franchised. Apparently, these franchises call all the shots and corporate doesn't enforce the orders placed through online services.

I'm hoping this deters people from using Acehardware.com. Don't put yourself through the misery of dealing with a company who couldn't care less about you. Customer service really can't help you and the corporate level fails miserably at customer relations. They don't deserve your business online and if the stores are cancelling online orders (which this appears to be) someone at corporate should have your back! After all, aren't the stores using their company name?

Kristian of St. Louis, MO on

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! I ordered a xmas present for a family member 12/6 and immediately called the store it was shipping to so I could verify the order and to arrange pick up options. I was told my order has been confirmed and that it should be there within eight Business days and I received an email saying the same thing. Eight business days later I still have not received the "ready for pick up email" so I called and was told that my order had been canceled due to the item being out of stock. I was never informed in anyway that they were canceling this order. No email, no phone call. While talking to a customer service manager they found my item at an Ace location 60 miles away from the location I was shipping to. They said they could hold it and I could pick it up there. I said I ordered it shipped to the nearest store and could they ship it to the closer location?

ACE then told me that they could not ship it to the location I had previously requested that I have to go pick it now... Really? I buy something that qualifies for free to store shipping and you confirm my order, tell me the items available and ready to ship, and then it turns out it isn't and rather than trying to get my item to the correct location and remedy the problem Ace created you tell me I'm out of luck if I don't want to drive 60 miles to go get it!!! This is Ace Hardware's idea of customer service??? You don't even notify me that the order was canceled due to it being out of stock! I had to call to find out 10 days after I ordered! This is 10 days before Christmas!!! Now I'm hard-pressed to get anything there in time for Christmas. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I will never shop here again!

Skip of Pleasant Hill, CA on

I see that Ace Hardware has a ton of bad reviews and it's no wonder. They have a policy that they will not accept returns from another store when they sell the same merchandise. I had a very bad experience today at the Ace Hardware in my hometown. I bought an outdoor heater in a larger city because I was there for the day. I seldomly go into this city. So when I had to return the heater because my electrician told me it would short out my system, I brought it to my local store.

The clerk was very rude. The first thing she said was "what's this?" when I told her I wanted to return it. I told her "It's a heater", and she said "where's your receipt?" I had already pointed to it and put it on top of the item. Then she said "we don't take returns from other stores, we're locally owned". Why the ** couldn't she be polite about it instead of demanding a receipt when she knew she wouldn't take the item back? She didn't even look at the receipt. It was as if she owned the store, and I know she doesn't. It's owned by a couple of old men (brothers) who live in town.

And they complain when people go to Home Depot and Lowe's. Why shouldn't we when we get better customer service, and can return something that we paid for when the return policy is 30 days? Why carry the same logo if you won't take other location's merchandise in return? Can't they get credit from the home company, or the other location? It makes sense. Their prices are really out of this world and they have very little selection, and it's poorly organized. They stick it to the customer that doesn't want to drive the hour to the next town. I will not be buying my winter supplies here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?

Molly of Menasha, WI on

I placed an online order for an item for someone for Christmas. The item said it was in stock. The next day I received an email saying my order was processed and would be shipped shortly. 5 days later I received an email that was really vague - it just said "your order can't be processed due to lack on information." I thought, did I miss something when placing it? So I called customer service and they told me the order couldn't be placed because they were out of stock but I could drive down to Ace and see if they were on the shelf. What? What terrible customer service and what an inconvenience. I will never order from Ace online again. Very disappointing!

Pamela of Round Rock, TX on

Ace Hardware stores near Standing Rock, North Dakota is actively refusing to sell propane tanks to water protectors; this is during the harshest of winter conditions. I will not be giving Ace Hardware any more business in my home state (or anywhere else I travel) for this reason. If you are offended by this corporate policy, I ask you to also take a stand.

David of Albuquerque, NM on

I went to enter a local Ace Hardware Store a few weeks back to pick up a couple pieces of hardware for some projects I was working on. I am a sixty year old man and wear a backpack as I primarily get around on motorcycles. I was informed at the door that I would not be allowed to wear my backpack into the store and would have to leave it at the front counter. I asked if women are required to leave their purses as well? No Answer. Then I asked if in Winter we will be required to check our coats at the door? Again, no answer. I then asked why they do not just have everyone shop in the buff? I then informed the employee I will absolutely NOT leave my backpack with them as I do not trust them WAY more than they do not trust me, and will be taking my considerable business elsewhere.

You could say it pissed me off to be labeled a thief just because I wear a backpack, or maybe it was because I was carrying a motorcycle helmet but either way it did strike a nerve with me. I have more than enough funds available to buy anything they sell in that store and more, but will never set foot in that or quite possibly ANY other Ace Hardware store again if this is some new company policy...

I retired about six years back from a National Lab but am constantly building new projects and/or working on others for people I know. I imagine I typically spend between 10-15K on various bits and pieces at hardware stores. I typically visit a hardware store probably three to five times a week but when on a bigger project I sometimes visit them on a daily basis. The True Value store right down the street has no such Ludicrous policies and welcomes me every time I come in the door, backpack, helmet, and all, and therefore will be getting ALL my future business.

Teresa of Sarasota, FL on

My husband is handicapped and use a walker. We were in Ace Hardware today and the cashier forgot to ring up our coupon. So instead of making everyone else wait till she gave us our coupon money we had to wait for her to check out 10 more customers while my husband try to stand with his walker. We left and she come out to the van and said "I ready to do your coupon now." Really!

Linda of Heyburn, ID on

At the local Ace store I bought a locking door knob that didn't work and returned it the very next day. Because I wrote a check to pay for it I have to wait 10 days to take it back and receive a refund. Or you can get an in store credit. What's the difference getting your money back or credit at the store??? And why so long? I bet they didn't even take it to the bank yet! This is so stupid. And not very good customer service. The lady talked to me like I was a criminal. If they are so afraid of checks not going through WHY? accept them in the first place? No one even warned me that if you write a check and need to return what you bought that you can't do it for 10 days. Not to mention the cost was more than any where else. I won't be shopping there any more.

dean of Prior Lake, MN on

Bought a weed and grass killer. Used it according to instructions and it killed a linden tree and many plants. Ace does not seem to be responsible and turned me over to a David at spectrum who admitted that their product does damage. Want me to get receipts from plants that I had for years in my garden or no refund for damage. I also agree that the rewards program is fraudulent. Well I bring my business to Lowe's.

Big of Hazleton, PA on

Over a 12.00 sprinkler that stopped working they lost my business due to unprofessional management from the floor manager. Hateful, arrogant SOB treated me like I was a convict trying to follow the Ace satisfaction guarantee policy. Told me that this item was not for commercial use (not stated anywhere on the item) and that I return sprinklers way too often (I have bought over 30 in the past 8 years). If they didn't fail it wouldn't be a problem. Lied in front of 2 cashiers (verbally beating me up about it) and others that overheard the conversation, said that the owner had a conversation about this with me (never happened). I spend 200 to 500 monthly for parts at the Orland, CA store. Well not anymore!

They obviously don't need or want my business and who wants to be treated like a criminal for trying to use their warranty. Called the 800# for corporate and they were only a go between trying to get the store to give me a replacement but a different product manufacturer without the Ace promise warranty. This was useless! They also updated their website to state 30 day refund policy. I didn't want a refund, just replacement. They just return the defective items back to the mother ship as far as I know. On a good note the workers are great people and have always been but the floor managers are a problem.

C. of Muntinlupa, Other on

I remember when I was a kid, I always loved going inside a toy store and looking at all the new and exciting toys I could buy and play with. Now as an adult, I get that same feeling whenever I go inside an Ace Hardware store. When I say that this store has everything, it is not an exaggeration. It has everything an adult could ever want to play with, errr, I mean use for house renovations and such. I can't recount how many times I've needed something for a house project and relied on Ace Hardware to provide my needs. From different kinds of paint to floor tiles to bathroom equipment to electrical wiring, there's something for everybody there.

Their staff are also some of the most polite people you'll meet in a mall. They know exactly where everything is, so all you need to do is ask where something is and they'll personally take you there. They're also not pushy, maybe because they know that most people that go there already know exactly what they want (aside from me, who occasionally goes window shopping there for fun). They also make good suggestions based on what you need, and when I say good, I don't mean something more expensive. I mean that they analyze your needs and make suggestions based on that, not on personal commission. That is why I personally love going to Ace for my household and personal needs.

Mary of Woodbury, MN on

I went into Ace Hardware in Woodbury MN to buy a lawnmower. The lawnmower specialist helped me pick one out. We decided it was a good deal because there was a sign hanging on it for $50.00 off and it had what I needed. When we rang it up at the register it rang up for the regular price. It turned out that it was not the lawnmower that was on sale. The employees decided that they had made the mistake and were ready to give it to me for the advertised sale price when the manager, Sherry, walked in and would not honor the price. She said she could order the lawnmower that was advertised for me, but I needed it today. I talked to her for a while and got frustrated and walked out of the store. I felt bad because I always loved going to Ace because of their outstanding customer service!!! I am not sure I will be going back!!! Too bad for Ace over $50.00!!!

Matt of Hurricane, UT on

Just went to Ace Hardware in St. George, UT. I bought a pound or re-25 smokeless powder for the ridiculous price of 35.99. When I got home I found that the powder had previously been opened. For that price and the opened container I decided to return the powder two hours later. When I tried to return the powder an employee accused me of opening the powder and even put it on a scale to see if I had taken some. I called for the manager who told me that they would not return the powder because it had been opened.

At this point I told them that their policy was ridiculous. They were basically price gouging (I can get the same powder from sportsman's WH for 24.99 if I wait a few days), and I would not be a customer at their store ever again. A large male employee then told me I was trespassing and followed me out to the parking lot where he threatened to knock me out. Buy from this store at your own risk. I was so ticked off I left my receipt in the store.

Loy of Lehi, UT on

My friends and I have decided to boycott Ace Hardware until you change the word "folks" back to "man". I never thought Ace would ever cave in to the Politically Correct policy.

Jay of Hilliard, OH on

Went into the Rome Hilliard store on Black Friday, 7am. My friend and I were the only customers in the store. I asked about the ad coupon and was briefly satisfied with their answer. I had asked if a sale item was rung at regular price would the coupon be applied. In some cases this would make the item cheaper. They said they wouldn't do that and I said that was fine. Just wanted to ask as I heard some stores will do that. Ok no problem and I wasn't upset.

Went and found the Dremel products. I wanted to purchase the Dremel 3000 ($39) as in the ad and the 180 piece ($9.95) accessory kit. The kit is locked onto j-hook with this what appears to be a red magnetic lock. We walk down aisle and a red shirt chubby male employee has a bad attitude immediately and says "he will not be the one to choose to unlock the accessory kit and he isn't sure anyone else will."

Another employee Rick (whom I've had a prior crappy experience with where I had to call the regional manager about) appears and gives me more attitude "he knows all about me". I said I'm not sure what that means but I want the Dremel Accessories locked on the hook. Rick proceeds to give me attitude and acts like unlocking the product for a sale is a hardship?!? I said again all I want is the accessories kit and maybe the Dremel. Rick continues to give me a character assessment of me. I said I have the regional manager phone number. He says go ahead and call while "we find the key". These locks are all over the store as they don't have the unlock key handy? Apparently not. I said never mind. I was told to not feel alienated after the last crappy experience and here we go again. I did walk out without the item and I did call Rick a ** and the other employees made a "oooh" sound.

I said Rick should expect another write-up since speaking to a customer is a challenge. I have left a vm for the regional mgr and also called corporate to report this poor choice for an employee. ACE lost a $50 sale. I'll spend my money at Lowe's or Home Depot from now on. ACE wants to be the local hardware store but prefer to treat you like crap in the process.

Janet of Grayslake, IL on

Ordered a $7.50 item to ship to store on 10/1. Received an email saying item shipped on 10/8. Called store on 10/9 and was told item was not in the store. Called Customer Service on 10/15 and they were told that item was at store since 10/8, but the item was damaged. I had to wait for store to return it and then they would ship a new one to the store. Why didn't the store return the damaged item immediately? I asked that a replacement be shipped to my address instead. It took them 6 more days to tell me they were shipping a new one TO THE STORE!

I asked that they just cancel the charge, but they said it was already being shipped and I had to wait again for the store to return it to the warehouse in order to get my refund. Then it can take up to 15 days to process a refund. I asked a supervisor to immediately refund me, but they are unable to do that (really for $7.50 they don't have that authority?). I will be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charge and will not be doing business with ACE ever again.

Alan of Dahloenga, GA on

I consider that I have just been wholly ripped off at this store. I wanted to get my 100 lb propane tank filled. I was heading to another establishment, but noticed, as I drove past, that Ace Hardware in Blairsville, GA, filled propane tanks. Because I drove around the back to find the filling station, I ended up having the tank filled before paying. The person filling the tank didn't reset the counter when he started, but jumped into the back of my truck to fill the container. I quickly made a note of the initial counter, (and took another note when he finished). I then watched him struggle with connecting the filling nozzle until I explained that it's a propane tank, and therefore has a reverse thread.

When he had finished, I saw that 22.3 gallons had been put into the tank, but I understood that it was a set price to fill the tank. When I went inside to pay, I found that the set price for filling the tank was $90 with tax! I was flabbergasted by the price, but had no choice because the tank had already been filled. The lady at the checkout was not interested in my protestations about the ridiculous price. I asked what their price per gallon was, and calculated that, because of their set price, I had paid for about eight dollars worth of propane. I didn't get even at their preposterous price!

When I got back outside, I called around to find the average price per gallon for that day in that area. The average price was $2.56/per gallon. I had just been charged $4.04/gallon! Had I have gone to my original destination to have the tank filled, I would have paid $60, rather than $90! I consider that excessive and predatory pricing. I am disgusted by this. I realize that "caveat emptor" applies here, but I didn't consider that there could be THAT much difference between the local establishments. I consider that I have had $30 stolen from me.

Troy of Central City, NE on

We recently purchased a new home and are in the process of upgrading all light bulbs throughout with LEDs. Ace sent us a flyer about 10 days ago with both the front and back pages advertising their big LED sale. This seemed ideal for us and was a bit cheaper than the sale SAMs was having on their LEDs. Today was the big first day of the sale so we drove 30 miles to the store and loaded our cart with over $450 of the various sizes we had left to replace. Well, we get rang up and not one of them were on sale.

I asked for assistance in finding the like lights that were on sale and the manager said there were none close as only a few select ones were on sale. He said, "I know the ad is misleading. I can't wait for this sale to be over." So I went back to the register where my wife and daughter were waiting and said, "Get everything you want from this store because we will never be back." I sure was pleased to see that Ace has trash cans on either side of their exit, I dropped the Ace Rewards card where it belongs.

D. of Ellenton, FL on

Installed garden trailer tire and tube on wheel and inflated it resulting in a bulge in sidewall. The bead came apart upon installation and store would not replace it due to using a screwdriver to install it. Have done this many times with no problems with real tires made in America. Took it back home, inflated it to 30 lbs. and re-installed it on trailer. An hour later it exploded without ever being used. This defective junk tire (made in China) is what Ace chooses to sell Americans just to make more money. I will never shop there again when they won't stand behind the junk they choose to sell.

Shelley of Rochester, NY on

I attempted to purchase two Adirondack chairs online. They were $59.99 each with a free ottoman. I tried to select a local store to ship my order to but was told (after calling online customer service) that there was a glitch in the system and that they would have to charge me $25 for each ottoman and then credit my debit card back again, which would go through 5 days later. This did not sound right to me but believing Ace is a reputable store, I went with it. My experience with rude customer service people, unkept promises and so much of my personal time trying to resolve this issue is too lengthy to bother as I have already spent too much time. To date, I have a $50 charge and two ottomans (that I didn't even want) sitting at my local store... no chairs. I will never order from this company again... they are morons. RUN!

Tammy of Ft Stockton, TX on

We purchased a dishwasher Nov 2014. July 2015 it just quit working. I called Ace and was told it is under warranty and to call the repairman. This is a real small town, and we live more than 96 miles away from any major city. I called the repairman, Mr. Claw **, at least that is what she told me the repair guy's name is. The lady on the phone told me he didn't work there. He just stops by and picks up his orders. So I asked for a number to contact him. She said she couldn't do that. He was a busy man had other people to work on before me. "Ok, so how long is the wait?" She didn't know, he was the only one in Pecos county. "Is my wait going to be 1 day, 2 days, a week, WHAT?" She didn't know (She never asked me for my name and number).

So I hung up and called ACE back. The woman that I spoke to was the guy's wife. They told me to call this other guy. He would be more than happy to work on it, but I would have to pay him, then try and get my money back from Frigidaire. NOPE! So I called ACE back and told them what happened. All they told me was they were sorry and nothing they could do. I called corporate. This has been going on for a week now. Corporate has called them and told them someone would out that day to fix it. NO CALL NO SHOW. I called around 4 pm and Angela from corporate called them to find out what was going on. The manager told her that she wanted to call the owner first. Back and forth, back and forth. I want my money back. Nope can't do that either. So I have a $350 dishwasher with no one to work on it, they won't exchange it, and no refund! "I'M SORRY" is all I'm told.

JS of Pittsburgh, PA on

Ace likes to mail out $5 off $30 coupons to customers but never honor them. The coupon does specify that it cannot be used with an item on sale. That is fair. But if you try to buy any other item, chances are that the clerk will refuse to take the coupon saying that the particular item that is excluded. This has happened to me at least 3 times! For all the effort that Ace tries to portray themselves as a neighborhood mom and pop store, this business practice is appalling. The store in reference is the one located on Perry Highway near Aldi's in Wexford/Pittsburgh. I have decided not to go back to the store again!

Ronnie of Pasco, Other on

Why is it that Ace has to always give one a hassle when they dont have advertised products. They always seem so NOT be willing to make things right to their customers when it's clearly their or corporate fault for not having the item. Their latest BIG Memorial Day 4 day sale Is just an example. Offer great prices on their products and then never have it in stock for the complete sale. I went in every day of the sale to purchase Ant, Roach & Spider Killer Spray for $.99 and they never had it.

I asked for a rain check the last day of the sale and the answer I assume from the store manager is they don't offer sale item rain checks. I answered that I had been into the store every day of the sale and they didn't have any and the excuse was: "it was corporate fault". This is an on going problem at all the Ace stores. It is too bad as they usually have obscure parts that even the big box stores dont carry. But I for one am tired of their unwillingness to make things right with the customer. In this case a $.99 item. It's just the idea of it all that makes the customer unhappy, and trust me this happens much more than it should with item prices all over the board.

Gabe of Westminster, CO on

On April 15, 2015 I purchased a spade shovel from the Ace Hardware located in Federal Heights, CO, also known as ACE HARDWARE MILE HIGH. The first time I used the shovel, the wooden handle snapped where it's attached to the metal spade. I retrieved my receipt for the shovel and called the store and spoke to an employee that was happy to replace the shovel.

When I arrived at the store to exchange the shovel there was an employee standing 10 feet from me and almost before I could get a word out of my mouth she spouts out, " I'm from plumbing. Hold on." Long story short, even though my receipt clearly showed I had purchased a shovel from their location and it also proudly displayed the Ace Hardware Name and Logo, they refused to replace it. Their reason, "We don't carry that shovel." Go figure, This Ace Hardware has lost not only my personal business but I also purchase much more for my HOA...All over a $11.00 shovel.

Lucia of Miami, FL on

US1 and 120 st. Pinecrest - No devolutions after 30 days. NO STORE CREDIT. You have to keep the merchandise or give it as a gift to the owner. Be careful when you buy at ACE of Pinecrest. If you need to buy 4 feet PVC tube. He can cut it for you. Charge for the entire 10 feet piece and then resale the rest to another customer.

Barry of Cornelius, NC on

Im writing to share an unpleasant experience with the ACE store in Cornelius, NC. Having recently relocated to the area I immediately sought out independent businesses to do my shopping. In my experience I like to support local and generally find that I receive a higher level of customer service even though I may pay a little more than the big box stores. I purchased a fountain/water feature and they agreed to deliver it to my home. I was unaware at the time that delivery ended at my driveway! They informed me that company policy prohibited them from moving it any closer to the home. Important to note that my patio, where the fountain was going, was only 10' from where they dropped it. Yes 10' yet they refused to move it any further.

When I went back to the store the manager assured me that he would have his moving guys call me the next day and come back out to move it the additional 10'. Not only did I not get a call from the movers but received a call from an ACE employee informing me that they would not move it any further and if I wanted to have it moved they could give me the name of a company that moves fountains!! This is truly a poor reflection on the ACE brand when a store manager blatantly lies to a customer about his intentions.

Brigitte of Burson, CA on

I saw an ACE ad for a chair $39.99, no limits, no date stated. I clicked on the ad and the chair was offered at $49.99. I contacted ACE.com and was told the ad referred to a 'sale' and the sale was now over. The ad had absolutely no date, 'on sale' and no other limit. Absolutely nothing, just the chair and the price, and that it is offered by ACE. I have found that ACE plays 'loose-goosey' with their prices in the past. Did not buy it!

j of Kenyon, MN on

I live hours away, saw the Ace, and pulled in. From the moment I entered, I was under video and radio surveillance. I asked where something was. When I got there, I heard him calling on the radio for someone to be in the aisle. Sort of felt like being in Russia. I was going to spend hundreds on my granddaughter, but after being treated as a common thief, I spent $450 at MenArds. I won't go back. Their loss.

Ace Hardware Company Profile