Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Ace Hardware is a hardware retailer with more than 5,000 stores across the globe. Customers can shop from many different top brands to find what they need for home maintenance and repair. Many Ace hardware stores are independently owned and operated.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Ace Hardware Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Hardware?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Years ago I was introduced to woodworking and won the Industrial Arts Medallion Award and every sense I’ve had a passion in creating wood projects. I happen to go into Ace and was extremely pleased with the quality of lumber they carried. After my purchase I couldn’t wait to get started of building a pine clothing chest and was amazed how well it came out. When family saw it the orders started coming in. Three days later going back to Ace for more lumber the clerk noticed that I back and after sharing the photos of the project they too wanted a chest made. So with my new found friends at Ace I look forward to shopping there. Being at home durning this pandemic it make it easier to go right in and they know what I’m there for.

Original review: July 11, 2020

Awesome Customer Service, their Employees knowledgable in everything I have ever needed help with, if one doesn't know they have another step in! Installing plumbing, electrical, home renovations, paint & painting, re-drilling a chair (incorrectly bored holes) & to installing the part to finish screwing together in assembling them, insulating windows for winter / summer. Which glue or adhesive to use, bug & yard spray, lawn & garden ANYTHING! Washers & parts for toilet & sinks..etc. they are the BEST ❣ beginning to end, One time I purchased some of the parts elsewhere & found it was the wrong ones, they got me straightened out & walked me thru the installation!! AWESOME STORE & SERVICE❣ I have used them for 26 years❣❣

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Ace is a hybrid of the old fashioned corner hardware store and a modern warehouse store, with one big exception: Customer service. Their employees are knowledgeable and friendly. They know where items are located in the store and will take the time to answer questions about how to use a product or which product is right for the job. Frequent sales and reward cards are also a bonus. Smaller sizes stores are also easy to get in and out of. I like my neighborhood Ace and the manager knows me and greets me when I walk in. I recommend Ace Hardware. It's a friendly place.

Original review: July 9, 2020

My local Ace Hardware is a family-owned business. The staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. While I've bought many items there (from Benjamin Moore paint to a Stihl electric saw); it is their garden department I like the best. I've found heirloom seeds, organic fertilizer, hand tools and a wheelbarrow. They also sell topsoil and healthy plants. I can have keys made there, can purchase a gift item (bird houses, chimes, etc.), find plumbing and lighting fixtures. The store is clean, well lit and even boasts of housing a small post office.

Original review: May 20, 2020

As you know that due to Covid-19 many of us have been stuck at home, well I have taken this time to indulge in my creative side. I started to create mirrors out of old windows. Well this is a new process for me so I had many questions and kinks to figure out. Ace Hardware answered all of my questions and filled my cart with the proper supplies. Now I am on my way! Thank You Ace Hardware!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

2nd time I've made a purchase online at my chosen store and when I arrived or called they did NOT have the item in stock they claimed to have online. Avoid doing business with this "Retailer". My mistake was making the same mistake twice. Won't happen again for any purchase!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

My husband and I used an Ace gift card on 12/30/2020 to purchase a Blackstone griddle for same day in-store pickup via their website. Approximately 2 hours after completing our online order we received an email from Ace CANCELLING the order. The reason was their local store didn’t have sufficient stock. We go back to their website to reorder the griddle from a different local Ace store, only to discover they never refunded our gift card when they canceled our order. Long story short, after 2 weeks of emailing and calling and being given countless excuses, we still had NOT received our $228.95 refund.

Since we had used a gift card and had no recourse with filing a dispute with our bank/credit card company, we ultimately felt we had no other choice but to file a complaint with BBB. Thankfully, within 2 days of filing the complaint, our problem was resolved, but it NEVER should’ve taken such extreme measures to get the refund we were RIGHTFULLY owed. We were shocked to see numerous complaints on BBB for the SAME issue. Several people fought Ace for MONTHS before being refunded!! So... BEWARE!! If you ever use an Ace gift card and have your order canceled, you may find yourself not refunded and fighting an uphill battle to get your funds back. We will NEVER shop @ Ace again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Zero stars is too generous a rating for the disservice and disrespect I received from Ace Hardware's cavalcade or contemptible curs. As far as I'm concerned, the entire operation couldn't go bankrupt fast enough to suit me. I purchased an Ace component online that failed to live up to its product specifications due to poor workmanship and inferior materials. The product, manufactured by Ace, is marked with an Ace Satisfaction Guarantee. Apparently, the Ace satisfaction guarantee isn't worth the cardboard it's printed on.

I called Ace customer service. The Ace agent instructed me to place an order for a replacement product online, using my credit card, and have the replacement item shipped to my local Ace store. I followed the Ace representative's directions to the letter. The Ace agent also instructed me to take the defective cord to my local Ace store. He said as soon as the old cord is returned to the Ace Hardware store, he would credit my credit card for the amount I paid for the replacement item. Once again, I followed the Ace customer service person's specific instructions verbatim. Did I receive a refund? No. Instead, the Ace customer service person bamboozled me into thinking I would. I attempted to speak to a supervisor about this deception, but no Ace customer support agent would connect me to one.

Do yourself a favor, folks. Make your life a helluva lot easier by taking all your business to Ace's fine competitors. Unlike the belligerent, duplicitous nincompoops at Ace, these superior business entities treat a customer as a necessity, rather than an adversary. There's an old adage in business. If you don't take care of the customer, somebody else will. Bye-bye Ace. You're a disgrace.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Purchased a trash can and Yetti mug, with a total of $14 shipping for both. They shipped the Yetti mug, but didn’t advise the trash can was no longer available. Charged me $14 to ship the Yetti mug, which based on their site would 5.33 to ship. They are willing to give me 7 dollars back, still profiting off my shipping, not to mention. The loss of my coupon too.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I purchased a patio door handle and it was shipped on August 25, 2020 (Order # **). It arrived damaged. I tried to return it to North Plymouth (MA) Ace Hardware; the owner refused to help. After 2 phone calls (Lisette & Shelley, spelling?) on September 17th, I had an Incident # ... **. I sent pictures to the email they gave me. Another phone call (Diteria, spelling?) said I was given the wrong email address. I sent the pictures again on Sept 24th. Still no response. On October 10th I called again (Aleesha, spelling?) to check status ... still haven't heard.

Ace Hardware Company Information