2. Homeowners
  3. Lighting Stores

3.6/5 (1622 ratings)

About Home Depot

Home Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: April 23, 2021

We've had nothing but bad experiences with opening a Home Depot credit card! WARNING as a heads up if you plan to do the same! First, the "extra" warranty that that tell you to buy because it will cover certain things such as scratches on the appliances or as the store rep put it "if your kids scruff up your appliances", etc. were LIES! They don't cover it, they ended up just giving us a $100 Gift Card for their "mistaken info" when we've already paid for the warranty! Second, their credit card website NEVER works, never lets you log in or reset your password, never sends a bill because you can't even get into opt out of paperless. You ALWAYS have to call in for the runaround and it still doesn't work! Good tactic so you'll never know how much you really owe!

Third, their promo of no interest for 24 months sounded great! We paid a $4000 appliance package down to $2900 then they slapped on a $2500 interest amount due without notice after the promo ended, going back to the original balance due of $4000. So NOW we're back to square one with more to pay of $5400! Keep in mind, you can't even get into their website!! NOT WORTH IT unless you plan to pay everything off before the promo because the interest WILL go back to inception! Ridiculous!!!! IN A PERFECT WORLD, yes you would have checked when the promo was over and paid it all off when you actually received the bill or can get into their website! SAD EXPERIENCE all around! Just a few months too late trying to sort out bills, balances, websites, and understand their promos! Never again, closing account!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I don't usually write reviews but I got upset over the Home Depot practice of price gouging. If you see online, Home depot list a a host of available doors from as low as $500 (or maybe lower). This guy showed promptly and made the measurement on my doors. When I asked the price, he goes, "I can't tell you until you pick." He points me to the tablet without price on them. I go, "I am not spending fortune and I would like the price range before I pick them." He says, "Oh you can't do that until I pick." The price online for Home depot is not the same because he has to add knobs, locks, frames... Then he says it's a minimum of $25... I go what $1500? Stunned I have to ask him, "Are you a part of Home depot? Why the price so high?" He nonetheless continues he's a part of Home depot, an affiliate, Home Depot Exterior. The price is high because it's life time guarantees...

At the point I had to ask him to leave. It goes beyond my belief. I am reasonably educated consumer and the markup is too high. And my belief was confirmed later on when I visited Lowe's. Don't buy from Home depot. It's a scam. This guy had even audacity to leave his card and swears me everyone pays this with price....

Original review: April 7, 2021

One of the front burner doesn't sit even. The broiler door won't go on track even. I made a note on my delivery slip, no one has reached out to me to get this issue taken care of. The delivery guy even saw this.

Original review: April 4, 2021

This store has always been giving problems with returns. I have a Pro account and I am always buying material and tools at this Home Depot. I bought Milwaukee tools 2 days ago and went to return a couple tools and needed to buy different version of Milwaukee for both of those tools. They would not return it or replace them. Manager said their hands are tied. I have never had such a horrible experience as I did at this home depot.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Excellent price. Delivered to my door. Built in handles for easy moving. Seemed a little tricky to install. Plumber said inst not very helpful. 60 in size. Very comfortable for chunky man. Quick to fill, a little slow to drain. Taps and shower cheaper quality. Good finish and seal.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I chose Home Depot to complete my kitchen remodel. Initially the process was great. However, the subcontractor provided by HD who installed the countertop did a horrible job. They were difficult to work with immediately. They made it clear their time was more valuable than mine when trying to schedule. The man who did the measurements was rude to me and my main contractor. The install though was terrible. One slab was cut at a wrong angle and did not butt up to the stove, at places leaving a gap of almost 1/2 an inch. The same on another slab. I was told the seam wouldn't be noticeable, but there's a ridge and it's not level with the neighboring slab. (I was told the seam should be polished down till it can't be seen or felt) the slab for the sink is where it's really unjustified below industry standard work.

The hole for the sink was cut so far back, the faucet can't be installed. He cut the hole for faucet anyway knowing this. They told me I could remove my window frame. To make things worse, the installer drug dog poo into my house. I don't have a dog. Immediately I called the store. Logan asked I provide photos, which I did and was told, in writing, it was below standards and would be looked into. I never heard back from the store. I called corporate and was connected to Erika. She actually laughed when I told her everything. I was contacted by the installer who sent their manager to the house to inspect, again my schedule was inconvenient for them. He attempted to spin me but admitted it was poorly done.

I was later contacted by someone at the installation company via email and was told it was not properly installed and needed to be replaced. Erika at Home Depot corporate also sent me an email saying it would need to be replaced. I was then contacted by Adrienne at the store who involved a guy named Steve. They told me they'd give me any faucet I wanted and financial compensation for my troubles. I want to note Steve was aggressive and attempted, in my opinion, to try to bully and intimidate me. The call dropped.

I emailed Erika and accepted the new install, the faucet and financial compensation I was offered. She responded in writing the next day telling me I had two options: $500 and I just deal with the poor quality work or they will come install a faucet I provide at my expense and they'll give me $200 for the inconvenience. I responded I expected they honor their original resolution offers. She responded it was not negotiable. I have filed a law suit in order to recover my money. In the meantime, I live with a kitchen that is not fully functional. It's costing me money in a variety of ways from eating out, bottled water, lost wages to my other workers, etc. Plus the inconvenience of having to do dishes in my bathroom for over two months now and my house in disarray and it will still be a while before it's resolved. Home Depot has made it clear they don't think I'm worthy of quality work and they are an unethical company.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Good luck getting help from Rheem or Home Depot. 4.5 hr on the Phone trying to get help for Rheem. They send emails, do nothing. This has been going on over a month. The thing was junk out of the box. My unit has been leaking for a full month. No joke. It vibrates, shakes, is very noisy. This store manager, "Mudasir", from the Glastonbury Store in Ct is horribly rude. How did he get to be a store manager? Yea, this is the head guy. It seems Home Depot just does not care at all any longer. If you get him on the phone don't expect help. After mocking me, his attitude was clear, YOU DON'T WANT IT BRING IT BACK AND QUIT BOTHERING US. This is not a joke or an exaggeration. Shocking how bad this experience has been. The old home depot is dead.

Original review: March 13, 2021

Purchased a Frigidaire January, 2 months ago. The freezer never worked right then and still doesn't after repeatingly trying to fix it. A complaint with the BBB has been filed. Any lawyers like to take my case?

Original review: March 12, 2021

Home Depot has product overview and product specs that are contradictory. I needed to purchase tiles for a wall shower that requires impervious tiles because of its high exposure to water and humidity. I purchased the following product: Nantucket 2 in. x 20 in. Turquoise Polished Ceramic Wall Tile Internet #312138472 Model #EXT3RD101912.

Product specifications stated that it was safe in shower (under location - shower), however, the product overview states that it is non-vitreous. The Info & Guides specification pamphlet specifically state that non-vitreous CANNOT be used in showers. I made my purchased based upon the product specifications, but now that I have confirmed with a Home Depot tile rep that the online specs are completely incorrect, I will need to initiate a return. I have seen these tiles used in showers, the product specs have mislead consumers into thinking these are safe for showers but they are not. Their high water absorption leads to the harboring of bacteria.

Another great example of product overview and specs having incorrect information is the following products: Appaloosa Arabesque Caribbean Blue Internet #308146538 Model #EXT3RD101647. Product overview states that it is both non-vitreous and impervious. If you know anything about tiles you know it is impossible for it to be both. So which is it?

Newport Turquoise 2 in. x 10 in. x 11mm Polished Ceramic Subway Wall Tile Internet #308862728 Model #EXT3RD100432. Product overview states it is "Not frost resistant". Product specifications under Tile Features states it is "Chemical Resistant, Frost Resistant, Water Resistant". Is it not frost resistant or is it frost resistant?

Original review: March 9, 2021

Ordered a bathtub online at Homedepot.com on Feb 7th (order no. **). On Feb 25th received an email from Home Depot that product has been shipped and I should plan on picking it up by Mar 4th. They charged my credit card. On Mar 7th when I attempted to pick up the product, I was told that they cannot find the product. They gave me the manufacturer’s contact.

When I contacted the manufacturer, I learned they never shipped the product. I was confused: what about the email Home Depot sent me? I had scheduled a contractor to come and install based on this email. I was transferred to this scum of a customer service agent named Devin (employee I’d **. He expressed no concern for the situation HD placed me in. Said these notifications are auto-generated mail and took no responsibility on behalf of Home Depot. Did not seek any way to alleviate my stress, and in a completely uncaring tone only kept offering the option to cancel. What a horrible agent? I suppose Home Depot is the kind of store that would employ such low quality customer service reps. Moral of the story - after reading other reviews on this website my experience sounds so common for Home Depot, so why even bother shopping at Home Depot for critical projects.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I ordered a refrigerator, washer, and dryer on 2/26. The confirmed delivery date was 3/10. Less than 36 hrs prior to delivery I get an automated call that the ordered has been rescheduled for 3/25 because the refrigerator is on back order. I was informed they will not deliver the washer/dryer without the refrigerator when I called back. My move was scheduled around the appliances for 3/17 and I even waited until 3/6 to schedule that to be safe. It wasn’t safe. The refrigerator today shows available on their website and a delivery date of 3/18.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Do not shop here. On Jan. 24 We ordered a planer/joiner from Home Depot because they do not stock them in store. At the time of purchase there were 26 units available for shipment. We paid for purchase on debit card and would get tracking number when it shipped because it was shipping to my home. On Jan 27 we still had no tracking number so we called the store and was told to call the trucking company. 2 Hour on hold with trucking company only to be told they had no record of any such order and to call the store back. Called and talked to ANOTHER manager and they were calling the manufacturer and Ryder and would reorder unit if needed and they would call us back. Call never came.

Several more calls to the store all ended with, "Will have to call you back" and we are still waiting on those call backs. We finally called corporate to get something done and after another 2 hour phone conversations with several people were told they could not do anything to help us and to go to the store and get our money back.

On Feb. 10 we returned to store to get refund and were once again sent to ANOTHER manager and was told that was not possible to refund our money because it showed it was still on order. They said they would get order cancelled and re order and personally call with tracking number. Still waiting on that call as well. On Feb 15 still had no tracking number so called store and they said they would call us back once again, and yes we are still waiting on that call as well.

Feb. 23 Returned to store only to find that they could not even find the order much less a tracking number and at that time told them we just wanted a refund and yet another 2 hour debate with another manager told us that the system was down but they would call us when our refund was complete. I did get a call back that evening that refund was on its way and to keep watching my account. After several days of talking to my bank on Feb 26 we went to the store again and demanded our money back and was told by yet another manager that they couldn't because they were having an IT problem, We called corporate once again and they also said it was an IT problem. Well today is march 1st and still have no money or planer. I'm not sure when a company has an IT problem that it became my problem.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

In November we were replacing our 20+ year old dishwasher (that was originally installed by Home Depot). The installers arrived with the dishwasher and told us that we could not have it installed that day because it was hardwired and they could not do that. I had the workers (who did not speak English, I only understood once speaking to their boss on the phone) call their boss, it was explained to me that in my zip code they cannot deal with hard wiring of appliances, which is crazy because MOST dishwashers are hardwired. So I was told that I would need to hire an electrician to put an outlet under the sink. Anyway, back to the drawing board and I had to reorder a more expensive dishwasher because the original was now on backorder.

I got another installation date for Nov 18 and once again, men who spoke only words of English, nothing you could actually use to communicate. They “installed” the dishwasher, but actually they just pushed it into the spot and never bolted it in. WTF??? So, I now had a dishwasher that when you opened the front door, the entire unit came forward. Then to top it off, however they “installed” it - they did NOT do it correctly. Mind you, I phoned Home Depot about this shoddy install but either got hung up on or couldn’t understand the reps. So I attempt to use the dishwasher, it is horrible, now I’m really mad because it was a more expensive dishwasher than what I wanted, especially because I had to pay an electrician.

The coffee cups still had coffee in them, it was worse than the old unit I replaced. Then I realize that my cabinet under the sink was flooded. Are you serious right now! I have now spent a total of over 5 hours on the phone with Home Depot, most of which was on hold. I have sent an email to the corporate headquarters and have filed a complaint with the FL AG’s office and still have gotten no help or satisfaction. This is actually criminal behavior on Home Depot’s part.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Couch was dropped 5 days early to home construction site without notice or confirmation. What is up with Home Depot Cheyenne/Delivery? We ordered the couch on a Thursday and it was set to be delivered in a week - the following Friday - after Home Depot "will contact us to schedule a delivery window." Perfect, as our house is under construction, so we're not living in it, and it would allow us to make the 1.5 hour commute to meet the truck. But then, SURPRISE!! Home Depot delivered the couch 5 days early on a Sunday morning, with no phone call, no notice, or even a knock on the door to confirm that it was the correct address. They just left a $1000 couch on the front lawn. Unattended. In Wyoming. In winter. Really?! Thankfully, we happened drive up to work on the house that Sunday and were able to pull the couch in away from any spontaneous weather and/or opportunist passers-by.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I ordered a shower enclosure that was supposed to be ready for pick-up between February the 1st and 4th. The order was placed January the 20th. I started tracking the order and found out that it was shipped from California to Georgia where it sat in a warehouse for 6 days. I live in Texas which is almost halfway between Georgia and California. Writing this review on February 9th and still have no word on my order. I would say buyer beware!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT HOME DEPOT! Home Depot doesn't care about their customers! They took a Christmas gift and obliterated it: After spending almost $5k they show customer appreciation by missing MULTIPLE delivery appointments, repeatedly lying to me, never following up, dropping the ball repeatedly, trying to pass off a used/damaged toolbox as 'new', and making their customer come pick up their 3 pallet flooring "DELIVERY" order themselves (by which we had no other means than to unload one 30lb box at a time!). Why? Because we couldn't wait yet another week not even knowing if it would really show up AGAIN! Oh yeah did I mention the lies? Or that management agreed to a deal with me, after which corporate called me and retracted from it!

Most importantly to me, the toolbox I got for my fiance (something he's wanted for a long time) was a Christmas gift! I was so happy to be able to give him this gift this year, the look on his face was unforgettable... But now I just feel bad for it because all it has done is cause us stress and waste our time and money (3 days off work for missed appointments!) The most crushing moment was when he made the decision to pick up the flooring and deal with his gift later.. He called me after they tried passing off a damaged box as New, and he said "I don't even care about the toolbox anymore, let's just get the floors done." ???? Every shred of glamour and glory this toolbox had to him was stripped away by this careless company!

They dropped the ball over and over and when it came down to it... I got a call from corporate (they sold me a box they didn't even have!) and their way of fixing it (after management and I had an agreement for how to fix it)... They gave me a refund and washed their hands! Don't shop here, they are liars and thieves! DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE... The hours spent on the phone, the numerous trips to the store, the countless emails, the stress, the heartache, the days missed off work, the time wasted waiting around on them, IT'S NOT WORTH IT! JUST GO TO LOWE'S!??? It is now my personal vendetta to enlighten everyone I can about this experience. ???? You screwed up hd, what I experienced is disgustingly unacceptable, and I intend to let the world know.... Lowe's is the way to go! ???✌️

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Wanted to purchase a tile saw in which was on sale for an extended period of time. HD stores never had the item in stock, I checked many times only to be told, maybe next week, and now that the item is back in stock they will not honor the price. Spoke to store on several occasions and to HD customer service and was told that is their policy. Upon trying to go further with my complaint, I am given the same 800 number as used previously for me to call. Why in the world would HD give a phone number, then expect me to be on hold for a very extended amount of time, only to be bounced around like a ping pong ball. I WAS a Pro account contractor, after this I’ll move on.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

We had our cabinets refaced in 2012 for $10.000. In 2015 the hinges started breaking from the weight of the doors. We bought new hinges and replace them several times on several different doors. Now the door on the corner cabinet has fallen off due to a design flaw. They attached the two! hinges to a 1 inch piece of original cabinet wood (see photo).

I finally contacted the sales manager after trying several different Home Depot contacts that ended in no response. The sales guy is a great sales manager but not so good with follow through (unless you are buying of course). I've been waiting nine months for him to make arrangements for someone to come down here and fix this! Meanwhile I have giant holes where I should have cabinet doors in my kitchen. It is past getting old!

If you plan to have cabinets refaced make sure that you go through your entire kitchen with him and look for places where the hinges won't hold up because the doors that they replace your old doors with are very heavy. In addition, if you live someplace that takes longer than an hour to get to from a major city I don't recommend this company. I am extremely disappointed and expect to be out a lot more cash because now I will have to contact someone else to take care of something that should not have happened in the first place!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Home Depot is using a firm called Temco Logistics to deliver and install appliances. The crew from Temco Logistics believed that my dishwasher was a built-in and that they didn't have an obligation to take out the old one and install the new one. It wasn't a built-in at all. Their own records with Home Depot would show the old dishwasher was installed in June 2018. The previous installation crew managed to take one out and put this one in okay. I don't see any reason why Temco Logistics cannot provide me with the services I paid for.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

After having the same washer and dryer for 20+ years I decided to go to my local Home Depot to get a new front loading washer and dryer. I fell in love with a LG set. When purchasing the washer and dryer we decided to open up a Home Depot card to build my husband's credit. We put 1/2 on the card and 1/2 on my debit card. This was on 11/28/20. The sales person who helped us said we couldn't get the washer and dryer until 1/9/21. Though it was over a month away we decided that would be find because we were going to custom build a pedestal for this purchase and I would need a bit to complete that project. We were told that we would get a phone call the day before to give us our delivery window. We never received a call on 1/8/21. I had to call to see what is going on with the delivery. I found out the washer and dryer delivery was now pushed out to 2/17/21! We received no phone call, no heads up.

My washer has since quit working so now I do not have a washer. I went to the store to see what we can do or if they have a comparable set I can get sooner. The sales person said we may be able to get the washer and dryer set in white sooner, but couldn't guarantee this either. The sales person who was helping started talking about their MLK sale deals. I found another set, the date we could get this one was 2/5/21 and that was not a guaranteed date. We decided to get a refund and try somewhere else, however the refund is where it gets super fun.

This is where everything gets super fantastic. We had already paid off the Home Depot card and they froze the account because it isn't normal for people to make a big purchase and pay it off so quickly. I spoke with a manger and he said he would get me a cash refund due to all the issues we had. I was like great this is fantastic. The manager left and 10 minutes later came back and said he cannot give me the cash refund he said he would. It would all have to happen the way we purchased it. The manager also made a comment he would like to see the corporation just do away with appliance sells because his life would be easier if they didn't have to worry about them. This was not professional.

My husband was on the phone forever with the Home Depot card to get it unfrozen to accept the refund. Once he got through they said we have to call back in 2 days to see if the refund went through, but the account will be frozen until the refund pushes through. Once the refund is complete it will be 7-10 business days for us to get a check for the refund. They cannot electronically push the refund back to the bank that paid off the card.

The communication is lacking. While we were trying to work out options with the store the lady in the front let us know that there has been so many issues with appliances and people have been waiting 4+ months for their appliances to come into stock. Had we known this we would have shopped elsewhere or went with another manufacturer. The lady also said that the delivery/warehouse personnel are a 3rd party provider and they are hit and miss with the communication to the customers and there is nothing they can do about it. I would love to know why they are even selling items they know will not be in stock for 4+ months. Why they are doing business with 3rd party vendors that are known for lack of communicating with their customers? All of this reflects badly on them. They did nothing to make this purchase right.

I am out a washer and dryer, I have to wait a week to 2 weeks for a refund. All of this could have been okay had honest communication taken place. Once we get the refund we will be canceling the credit card. My husband is a contractor who has many times gone to Home Depot multiple times a day to assist his customers. Because there was nothing done to make this right he will be using Lowe's now for this daily construction needs.

My suggestions for the store to improve:
1. Be honest with the customers. Let them know that the manufactures are being delayed and the purchases can take months to arrive.
2. Do not have sales for items you do not have available to customers. Most of you customers will need the appliances soon otherwise they would not be shopping for appliances.
3. Do not offer a solution you cannot follow through with.

4. Don't blame all the issues on other companies. The people you do business with will reflect positively or negatively on you. If you continue to get complaints do business with another company that can keep YOUR promises.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I purchased a shed from Home Depot. I had to wait nearly 2 months to get a shed built, then the installer did a extremely poor job. It leaks through the front door when it rains. There are several gaps along the floor and roof line and you can see daylight. The shed is out of level and square. You can tell this by looking at the corners. After 7 calls to corporate and 2 trips to the store, 1 call to my wife who told them to call me. No response, still waiting mean while paying on a storage.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Ordered 2 garage cabinets, 2 work benches. 2 cabinets came. No benches. HD confirmed that everything delivered. Called HD and told me to call shipper. Spent hour on phone with shipper who informed me they didn't have work bench order from HD. Called HD. Put on hold 30 min. so they could talk to shipper. Gave me case # and would be back to me in 72 hrs. No word after 5 days. Called again said they would look into it. 2 days later got call that benches would be delivered today. Came home from work to accept delivery. NO BENCHES. Called today & talked to Supervisor. Very rude and would not let me even finish my sentence. Said shipper would call. Spent over $4,000 at HD and very "POOR SERVICE".

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Always in and out. Ale's are labeled to explain what and where you need to be. There are different sections to view from. You have plumbing, flooring, paint, lawn, wood, concrete, so much more. Come see what you need.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I gave Home Depot one star because I had to choose something in that field, but based upon the events, I would have attributed no stars if that were an option. While delivering a refrigerator, Home Depot, through its contracted subcontractor, damaged my property and refused to accept responsibility. This resulted in significant demarcation to what had been new hardwood floors installed the week before, with the installer concluding services just the evening before Home Depot was granted access to the premises for purposes of delivery. Consumers beware of choosing Home Depot for any project involving access to your premises. If their actions result in property damage, they will not stand behind the customer in any case. They did not review the matter at all, nor come by the property to view the damage. Simply concluded that they were not liable.

It is also worth mentioning that the refrigerator delivered was defective, the entire stainless steel backing was damaged/separated from the back of the refrigerator. I am still in the process of attempting to get Home Depot to refund a portion of the purchase price as compensation for the defective appliance. This is now 5 weeks after delivery. After spending upwards of $6,000 in the last several months at Home Depot, I will never purchase from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

This message might some of you say this is pernicious of me to post about worst service from Home Depot South Brunswick NJ. Take this as a lesson and not personally. Understand the expectations that consumers have towards a billion-dollar business. In this day and age, it’s proven that smaller businesses have great relationships with their customers than do large businesses. That’s because the larger, the more responsibilities, another thing most people fail to realize.

This is feedback for Home Depot service and as Company Home Depot to do better job in customer service. This is not directed towards to any specific person that work for this company. Feel free to read through, but understand one thing, if you think that because a billion-dollar company is successful due to the revenue they’ve generated, just remember that they are as great as their last customer transaction. These are sequence of events which occurred during Hard Wood Flooring buy and Installation responsibility owned by Home Depot South Brunswick NJ. I paid amount for Hard Wood Installation on 11/25 /2021 and it has been over month and I am struggling with multiple issues.

• Hard wood items were not delivered more around 2 weeks and no update from Home Depot although they have got my Phone number and text can be sent.
• Calling to Customer care service is another problem where every time you need to explain to new person pick up phone.
• Also there are instances where Customer care pick up phone and then before I completing just telling this is what date and hanging phone.
• Multiple times go to Home Depot Store and track where my items and what’s expected date.
• Home depot gives commitment for a date and then do not deliver and not notify to customer it’s has been delayed.
• Finally some items delivered and then some not and delivery paper shows it delivered and I have to go back to Home Depot again to track why some items not delivered.
• Installation person came for installation 12/26 and 12/27 and one item missing for installation. This means to take another appointment for installation 01/06/2021.
• Installation done but it cause damage and water leaking from Kitchen floor to Basement area.
• Now another chase started to claim for my property damage and Home Depot provided me contact# and just left issue to customer to deal with claim process.

• Home depot selling items and arranging installation, but how about Damage why not sending someone to look into matters.

Now, I am in process of getting work pending done and get repaired my home damage and claiming that damage value. Is not all these process where Customer at every step following Home Depot rather Home Depot Associates should take care update for each steps as the work proceed. I would personally not recommend to take such pathetic service from Home Depot.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

In short, charged ~$1000 for a washer, never got it, have to navigate Home Depot and Samsung lines multiple times to try to solve it, and 29 days after – no solution, just more asks from Home Depot: "our system shows an exception on delivery but there's no info, can you call again tomorrow?". I would highly recommend not buying a big appliance here.

Details: Bought a Samsung washer in Nov with early Dec delivery. Truck came, guy pulled the washer and it was broken (shattered glass). Gave me a doc saying it was broken, and told me I would get a call next day for a new delivery. That never happened. Spent 20min navigating Home Depot line trying to talk to a human. Representative: "We don't have it on stock, do you have a pen to write Samsung number?". Called Samsung, they also don't have it – expected from mid-Jan. It's late Dec, Home Depot (and others) appear to have it on stock – again no phone call. I contacted again, asked for a replacement or refund and... I was asked to call again tomorrow as their system is missing info and they need to contact delivery company. In summary, 30 days, 4 calls, no solution.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

On 7/3/2030 we purchased an MSI countertop for a total of $4044.49. The installation date of the countertop was scheduled on 8/19/20 by a company named Cutting Edge Countertops (CEC). A few days later, I noticed that Home Depot installed the wrong countertop. I purchased Stonemark quartz with Calacatta Vicenza with Matte Finish. Instead, they installed Belenco quartz with 6114 Belluno color. Along with ordering the wrong quartz, the countertop had a series of deficiencies such as: website markings, damages, marks, several gaps between the countertop and the wall, and it is not proportional. Home Depot and CEC also did not let me see the slab, inform me of any website markings that are scattered throughout the countertop and that it was from a different manufacturer.

On 9/8/2020 my husband and I went to Home Depot in Bowling Green, Ohio. We spoke to Thomas ** who is the representative that sold us the countertop. He was disrespectful, communicated with hostility, and did not give an effort to try to help my husband and I work out the situation. He also raised his voice at us and said, "you are just stuck with what you have and they can install whatever they want.” We then asked him to call the supervisor. We told the supervisor our concerns with our new countertop and showed him the pictures of the damages. He told us he was going to speak to Pamela **, who is Home Depot’s Customer Order Specialist, and that they would be able to to find a solution to our concerns.

On 9/10/20 I called the supervisor and he told me that he could not give me any information and that I had to call Home Depot customer service. On 9/22/2020 Home Depot sent Justin from CEC to inspect my countertops at 2pm. He called me at 10:51am and told me that he was going to stop by at 11:40am instead. Since I was not available at that time, he told me to reschedule my appointment for another day, preferably in the morning because he said that he was ordered to remove the website markings from the countertops and nothing else. I then called Home Depot and explained to them that they did not install the right countertop and removing the Belenco brand was not going to resolve the problem.

Later I received an email from Home Depot expressing that they were not going to fix my countertop and accused me of refusing Justin from entering my home, which was not true. 9/29/2020 I contact MSI. Their representative told me that the countertop Home Depot installed was not their product and that their countertop did not have Belenco markings. The MSI representative offered to arrange a three-way call with Home Depot so that he can find out what was going on. He called Home Depot and we spoke to Pamela **. She told the MSI representative that she did not know anything about my order and was not allowed to give any information about it. The MSI representative asked her to transfer us to a supervisor who did not answer the phone. I also emailed Belenco quartz and they told me they do not manufacture Calacatta Vicenza matte. Home depot refused to fix my countertop or give me any information.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I ordered a fridge for my disabled mother- her old fridge stopped working. Home Depot promised 1 week delivery. 1 month later it arrived. I ordered the delivery and installation option, since my mom is 84 years old. The company they subcontract for delivery did not care and were very unprofessional, they actually had her in tears. They basically dropped the fridge off, not connected, did not install the fridge door handles (they came off in her hand when she tried to open the door), and my mother cannot use the fridge. She uses a walker to get around her apartment, and cannot even open the door.

I called the Manager at Home Depot to ask that they return to install the fridge properly - I was cut off on the phone 5 times through the course of two days of calls. Spoke to many Home Depot people to explain the situation - finally was promised by the Appliances Supervisor that it would be taken care of. It still has not, well past his promised timeline. No phone call from Home Depot - just no show. When I called to follow up, no one has heard of the problem, and I start over. I had to go through the calling (getting cut off) tracking down a manager, re-explaining, and now I am promised that within a few days someone will show up to finish the installation. The installation company also promised to send a second competent crew, but they have not shown up, and have no record of the problem when I follow up.

Perhaps the managers at Home Depot should write down customer complaints somewhere, and do something about them, instead of putting customers on hold, hanging up on them and then losing the file. Too bad I wasted $1800 on a new fridge that my mother cannot open, after waiting a month with her eating canned food before Christmas. Thanks very much Home Depot. Worst customer service I have ever seen. The Assistant Store Manager is named Manny, and he is now the third manager that I have had to explain this issue to.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

I bought a Milwaukee socket set online that was on a major sale. Was suppose to arrive Dec. 9th and did not. Waited 2 days and contacted Home Depot and they said it got lost, sorry can’t get you what you ordered. We will refund your money, may take a while to show up in your acct. I’m not impressed at all with home depot anymore, used to be great but this last yr their service has sucked. I am a contractor and do thousands of dollars of business with them every yr and I will certainly be ending as much business as possible with. Very disappointed, now I have to try to track down this set somewhere else seeing how this was a gift for someone.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I ordered a Dewalt Atomic 4 Tool Kit online from Home Depot on November 29, 2020. The Home Depot webpage clearly indicated 2 free tools with a Dewalt 4 Tool kit priced at $399. The images associated with the particular kit I purchased showed the choice of 12 tools to pick from. I placed the order online and there was no link on how to select the 2 free tools. I believed there would be some information with the kit. The kit was delivered on December 7, 2020. The package did not contain any information on how to order the 2 free tools.

I called the Home Depot 800# and spoke with 2 people. The supervisor stated I would not receive the 2 free tools, even though their webpage indicated that 2 free tools would come with a 4 tool package priced at $399. The supervisor stated that Home Depot does not have to honor their advertisement and he would gladly direct me to their webpage for terms and conditions. I informed the supervisor that he was on a speakerphone and asked him to repeat his message. The supervisor restated that Home Depot does not have to honor advertising and that I would not get the 2 free tools. I have screenshots of the webpage from November 29, 2020 and December 7, 2020 which clearly shows 2 free tools. I am returning the kit to Home Depot. It is upsetting that Home Depot has misleading advertisements on their website and does not honor orders made in good faith.

Home Depot Company Information