Call toll free
4.23/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1957 Guardian Protection Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 6, 2019

The battery on my Guardian wall unit ran out. Their techs said they were gonna come out and put a new battery in. I'm paying them $43 a month for five years but then they're telling me that they gotta charge me a $25 service charge to come out and fix the unit in my house. I don't feel really good about that. Currently, I don't have any service. Additionally, Guardian can't schedule me until the 17th and I'm out of town. I told them I won't be back until the 20th. It's been three weeks that I haven't had service but they're still gonna bill me. Their reps told me that when their techs get my system fixed, I should call them and they will adjust my bill. Even so, I wasn't confident that they were even gonna do that. While customer service has been fine, I'm debating around whether I will just cancel and do away with Guardian at this point.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your customer experience. I have looked into your account and see that a technician replaced the panel and transmitter batteries on 6/17/19. If you are still experiencing any issues please email us. Thank you for your continued business!

Original review: June 4, 2019

The service we had during the installation was great. The gentleman that installed our system was nothing but helpful. I may add another camera at some point but I need a call from Guardian regarding my billing. I need to get it corrected and the rep's arranging that. He said somebody was gonna call me.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review your customer experience; it's great to hear you enjoyed the security system installation. I have looked into your account and see a billing representative has mailed out documents to help with the questions. If you are still experiencing any issues please message back here or email us.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Guardian was cost-effective at the time I got them 20 years ago. The reps have usually been helpful but lately, I’ve been having an issue getting a replacement part which is for a magnetic target for a sensor. I've been trying to get one for over a month and they sent me the wrong part three times. I’m on my fourth time now. But Guardian has been pretty reliable over the past 20 years. I got a traditional system and that’s what I like about it. I just set it and leave. The quality is suitable too.

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for being a such a long time customer of Guardian Protection! We have appreciated your business over the years and the opportunity to help protect what matters most to you. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the magnet; if you are still experiencing troubles please reply here or email us so we may look into this for you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 3, 2019

The key power was shorting out in the middle of the night. So I was putting my code to disarm the system and it would immediately flip back and try to arm itself. So as long as I was standing there putting in my code, it would disarm and flip over. But then it started randomly putting in numbers and arming itself. Eventually, the alarm did go off. But in the meantime, I had called the 800 number. I was talking to someone and he walked me through everything I needed to do. I had to unplug the system, take the keypads apart and take the backup battery out. During this entire time, the alarm was just wailing. I could hardly hear him. But he was very nice. He told me not to worry and that he was gonna stay right there on the phone until we get it resolved. I was worried that the police would come but he said they wouldn't and that they had let the police know. He helped me through it and got it all taken care of.

He also put in a call for someone to come the next day to set up the repair. It was very stressful but they did a good job and took care of me. I was very pleased with the service. I have my home with D.R. Horton Homes and it was actually Guardian's system that was in there. Guardian was a better deal too, as far as cost. The guy gave me the list of all the different options and told me that they have a very basic one. I told him that was what I wanted to start with. I'm not into all the technology and being able to turn my life off and on from my phone. So I really just have the basic service and I'm happy with it. It serves its purpose. It does what I want it to do.

I'm single. I just have me and my little dog so I feel much safer having the Guardian system. I don't arm it at night because I have actually set it off before, getting up in the morning, opening the door and letting my little dog out. But I do arm it when I'm gone for work then also if I go somewhere for a weekend. It makes me feel better knowing that I have that extra level of security.

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer support experience. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the panel but I'm glad the phone representative treated you with high regard and got the issue corrected. Please give us a call anytime we can be of further technical assistance.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I bought a home from Lennar builders and I was told that Guardian services has been installed in my home and I have to sign a contract for three years. When I wanted to cancel the contract before three years, the customer service representative told me that I‘ll have to pay a 750 dollar early termination fee per contract. This was mentioned in the contract and I did not cancel it. In the final year of the contract, I wanted to put a driveway security camera and called Guardian to install it, I was told to put a sign of 60 months contract. I refused to sign and told them that I am not fine with the early termination fee. I was assured there will not be such fee and I read completely through the contract and signed it and installed a security camera. Now 36 months have been completed and I wanted to cancel Guardian. I have been still asked to pay 750 dollars.

When I refused, I was first told it was In the second contract and when I said there was no such thing mentioned in the second contract, I was told it was the cost of camera and when I said that the camera is not so costly and they can take it, I was told that the first contract for 36 months is the real contract, if I sign it then I have to pay even if I cancel their other contracts. Guys I am not even at my home and moved out but still Guardian will not cancel my service if I don’t pay 750 dollars. I paid for 36 months and still stuck because I installed a new camera. Guys please don’t get stuck like me. It was a bitter experience that I don’t want service and I am penalized for nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: June 2, 2019

I previously had Slomins, and I had an older system and they wouldn’t change it. Since Guardian was getting in preconstruction and stuff was being done, I had them do it. Their system is easy to understand, but the first two guys that came weren’t helpful. They were in a hurry and they couldn't wait to get out of here. I had somebody else that came another day and he was really good. Also, there was one issue a few weeks ago when I didn’t realize I couldn't open my windows ‘cause the guy put the contacts in the wrong place. But I worked at it and opened it really wide.

I drive customer service crazy ‘cause I can’t keep taking days off for them to come. It used to be that if I saw the guy in the neighborhood and I had a problem, he'd come in. Also, I’m a little disappointed that I'm back up to full price since I got half the first year because they did not want to lose me. Nonetheless, I really like that if I call Guardian for an emergency or something’s wrong, they tell me how to do it. One time, for some reason, I had to leave and I couldn’t set the alarm. They told me to do it through my phone.

Hi Michele,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs and for providing great feedback. We are proud to protect your world every day and are happy to help.

Original review: June 2, 2019

From a conversation point of view, Guardian's customer service is fine. It's just that it took more than one call to get what I wanted done. There were times when I wasn't getting any good service and I had to call multiple times. My wife was ready to pull the plug. When the guy came to re-establish my connection with my phone line, I never got a bill. Since I made the call and had the guy come here, I understood it was gonna cost me. What it was gonna cost me, I didn't know. What I got all of a sudden is a notice that I owe Guardian for the time he was here in May. I paid it, but that's an issue.

When we had the hurricane, the lines went down. My system wasn't working. Though they've been able to fix it, it took me three phone calls to get them to have somebody come here to see what had happened. The last one was when I had an analog line and I switched it over to my fiber optic and connected it. The guy had to come out here and do a connection. That one was done relatively quick and easy, but it cost me $195.

Hello James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your customer service and billing experience as it will help us improve. Guardian Protection is proud to help protect your world and we appreciate your business. Please give us a call or email anytime we can be of further assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: June 1, 2019

We’ve had Guardian for a few years and it's been a good company. They’ve always worked with me. The system went off on accident and the response time was very good. They’re also very friendly people. I've never encountered anyone being rude. They’ve been very helpful with everything that I've had with or had any questions about.

Hi Norma,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security services. We are proud to help protect your world every day with smart home security solutions. Have a safe day!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 31, 2019

When I’ve upgraded some of the existing devices in the home and a couple of times when we called out for service, everything’s been really great. Guardian has been fairly responsive and the technicians were fine. They wore badges appropriately credentialed from Guardian. They weren’t just some third party random contractors. The work they did seems pretty solid so that’s good. The items that they installed haven’t malfunctioned in any way that I can tell so that’s a plus. Whenever I’ve had service techs or their evaluators come through, they’ve been very respectful of my home. They take off their shoes or put on their shoe guards so I appreciate that.

One of my biggest critiques of their offerings is that the smoke, heat, and carbon monoxide units are separate. They would do multiple installations of those multiple units. It would be better if there was just one unit that did all those functions so that way, I have less stuff in my home. The other thing is they use Z-Wave protocol technology and not all of their items appropriately integrate with that just yet. Z-Wave keypad doesn’t interact with Nest or any Wi-Fi. So, you sort of swap into a Z-Wave infrastructure if you want to change the thermostats in your house that hasn’t worked appropriately with your keypad. Something to allow connectivity to different protocols would be helpful.

We’ve had a couple of false alarms, but they’ve always been prompt in calling so I appreciated that. On a day to day basis, we don’t really worry about our security. Guardian is good to have as a monitoring when I activate it. That makes me feel confident when I turn it on at night. If there’s a sensor that goes off, it’s nice to know that it’s active and it’s just another set of eyes. The system is gonna be handy the one time in 20 years when we have a break-in or something real happens, and that’s what you pay all this money for. I’m hoping that if and when it ever happens, that’s when they’re ready to shine.

The features offered in the system is tiered for whatever you wanna spend. I spent a lot and I got what I paid for. I’m not sure that there’s a real difference between any of the providers but for what you’re getting, a lot of the other security providers charge a less significant amount. Also, Guardian locks you in to a long-term contract. They could charge a little less for what they provide and still be in line with the rest.

Hello Cipriano,

Thank you for taking the time to share your customer experience with Guardian Protection! We have appreciate your business and the opportunity to upgrade your devices. Guardian Protection will work hard to protect your world every day.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We're very satisfied with Guardian Protection. I like the service that I have now very well. I've had very good interaction with Guardian's sales rep. Everything was terrific. As far as the installation, it was good. The guy was really friendly. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and everything went smoothly. We like the functionality and performance of our system a lot. And the quality of the equipment is good. Guardian Protection is a good thing to have to make you feel secure.

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to share a 5 star review of your customer experience! Guardian Protection is honored to protect your world every day and please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

Original review: May 30, 2019

We were building a new home and Guardian Protection Services was the provider there. We went with them and their reps were good. Any questions which I asked, they answered properly. So far, their equipment has been working. I'd recommend Guardian to a friend.

Hello Jitendra,

Thank you for building your new home with Guardian Protection! We are proud to offer smart home security solutions that will provide you additional peace of mind every day. We thank you for your feedback and business.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 29, 2019

Guardian's representatives were great. They were taking their time to understand what my problem was. They were perfect. The features that are offered in my Guardian system are fine, and the quality of the equipment is good.

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for being a part of the Guardian Protection family! It's great to hear you have enjoyed the customer service interaction and we look forward to providing you additional peace of mind everyday with professionally monitored security.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I have had Guardian since 1990. SafeGuard was the original name at that particular time. I have had some problems lately, but they came out and fixed everything that needed to be fixed. So, I'm very happy with Guardian. The alarms went off and they replaced the smoke detectors, and so it hasn’t gone off again since. Their representatives were always very polite and everything has been fine. I could highly recommend them.

Hi Phyllis,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection! We have appreciated your business over the years and look forward to providing you continued peace of mind.

Original review: May 28, 2019

A friend of mine mentioned Guardian and signing up with them was fairly easy. The rep was nice. The installation was also easy and everybody was courteous. The system does what I want it to do. It's very good and operating it is very easy as well. When the alarms go off, they immediately call and see if everything is okay. They’re pretty on top of it. I like Guardian and I ain't dropping. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't be having them this long.

Hi James,

Thank you for being a long time customer of Guardian Protection! We are proud to help protect what matters most to you every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 27, 2019

Our experience with Guardian has been okay. In my prior residence, we have Guardian, and then we switched to a different one. And when we moved here, we went with Guardian. I don't like Guardian's equipment. The other system was much more updated. It was a voice panel and a little bit more digital. The representatives at Guardian have been okay. They generally answer my questions. We had a problem with our smoke detectors going off, and they were not very helpful there. It really was a simple matter that they could have handled for us. I guess it was just a simple matter of taking the batteries out of the smoke detector so that we could at least disable them. And they're hard-wired. We weren’t really familiar with them. And I thought Guardian could have handled that situation a little bit better.

Other than that, the installation experience was fine. The technician was good and patient. We’re not the most techie people in the world, but he took the time to explain things to us and show us how to work the system. I called Guardian a couple of months ago because when I got my bill, there was something about upgrading to a more digital type or voice activated control panel. The person I spoke with said something like $500 to put the system in. And I thought that was totally ridiculous.

We really are considering not renewing when our plan is up. We rarely turn the system on. I understand Guardian doesn't have anything to do with that. Our main purpose that we've kept it is because of the fire alarm system. We do appreciate that. If the house were ever to catch on fire, it would send the signal directly to the fire department. That's the biggest plus. But we really don't have to worry about a lot of security. We're in a secure area.

Hello Loretha,

Thank you for providing helpful feedback on your customer experience as it will help us improve. We appreciate your business and hope the professionally monitored security system brings your family additional peace of mind. If we can ever be of further assistance please message here or call us.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 18, 2019

I had a rocky start with Guardian Protection Services. Another company was representing them and that company was flaky. But I understand that they’re out of the picture now and things have been going smoothly. The monitoring fee is a little high, which I don't care for, but with everything that I’m getting, it’s probably what the market runs for stuff like that.

I didn’t think too much of the technician who installed my system. They said that they were top-of-the-line, but the tech had to call in to get instructions on how to do different things. Plus, the camera system wasn’t up to par like I wanted it to. It had too much of lag time. Security cameras should be just about real time so I ended up with my own security cameras. The system's overall functionality and performance is top-notch though. And its features are good. I can control my thermostat and I have two light modules I can turn on and off. That’s awesome, especially during the times when I need it. I also use the smartphone features and do everything on my phone.

Hi Henry,

Thank you for reviewing your customer experience with Guardian Protection! It's great to hear that things are going well now and we always take your feedback to heart. Thank you for your continued business.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: May 17, 2019

So, when we signed on we were stuck with a 5 year contract. We signed on when we built our home. They were so expensive. We tried to reduce our rate. We were told that we COULD reduce our rate and get this great video ring type doorbell but we needed to extend our contract. If we wanted to cancel we would have to repay the cost of the doorbell though. We decided to do it.

It took us months to get the doorbell. The doorbell only works if someone rings it, so if people knock it doesn't activate it nor does it activate it if someone walks up. Also, they renewed us for another 48 months (yes, this is my fault for not reading it). When I called to cancel the service I was told I would have to pay a flat fee plus a percentage of the remaining contract, a total of almost $1700.00. I informed them that the doorbell is of poor quality and to do what any other video doorbell does it would cost me more than what my previous service does. I was told they could send someone out to activate the motion sensor which the technician said it didn't have when they installed it.

This company is horrible, I would not recommend them to anyone, they work on LONG contracts and deceitful practices. We will now have to purchase a video doorbell and pay a monthly service separate from our Guardian Bill which will cost us more than what we were paying prior to reducing our rate with Guardian. In five years now we have constantly been given the run-around and different stories when we have had issues. I will never again do business with them and will be sure to tell all of my clients to stay away from Guardian.

Hello Renee,

Thank you for reviewing your experience and I'm sorry for the initial frustration. After seeing your review I had a member of the Customer Loyalty team reach out and I was advised we helped you with a discounted buyout amount and your account has been settled.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 16, 2019

Five years ago, a person came by soliciting the security for our home. I listened to what they had to say and it sounded like they were up-to-date at the time technically. I was satisfied with what Guardian Protection Services offered as well as the price. Two years after I had it, I had a problem with them. I should have experienced an alarm and I didn’t. I called in and they said they didn’t even know who I was. At that point, I thought it was a fraudulent operation. I went to the police, I told them that and they made a couple of calls. They said Guardian was a legit organization. It turned out that there was some screw up and I wasn’t even listed as a customer.

I didn’t know how long I was not insured but I told them that I didn’t want it anymore. I wouldn’t take Guardian, so the people who originally sold it to me called and said that they got it addressed and they could clip it in the house. I concurred that I would go ahead and keep the contract, and extend a little bit to do a couple other upgrades. I realized it could happen with other companies as well but I was appalled at that time. Nevertheless, since we had it reinstated, I haven’t had any problems, so we’re okay. I should’ve dropped them at that point even though I knew that I would sign a longer term contract. They wanted to make it right but it still kinda sticks in my mind. There was a big lapse, which was nine months and they didn’t do anything monetarily to make it right. It should’ve happened. There was quite a long time there that I was not insured, and I know they had quite an investment, because they upgraded a lot of things in my house.

The features are functioning okay but looking at the market, there’s more out there that’s being offered at lower prices. I’ve still got a year and a half or two years left on my contract and so, I will be looking into that before renewing. Also, I wanna monitor my home while I’m gone. I’m sure I can do that, but I don’t know exactly how. Guardian Protection Services should make the customers aware of where they stand relative to some of the new features that I see advertised. One of them is monitoring your house with your cellphone while you’re gone. That would be a good feature.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for sharing helpful feedback on your customer experience. I'm sorry to hear of the miscommunication regarding your account; I would like to assure you that I have located your account with Guardian Protection in our system and we will be here to protect your world every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 15, 2019

We have used other security systems for my previous homes. But when we built the house, Guardian was what the builder recommended, so we went with them. The tech who came out for the installation was phenomenal and so far, our interactions with their reps has been minimal but satisfactory. But Guardian doesn’t have a technician that works for their company in this area and they subcontract the jobs. They did when we started, but they don’t now and it’s been almost five years. So when we had a carbon monoxide detector go out and it was beeping like crazy, it took them two weeks to have a tech come out and fix it. Other than that, the system's features meet our needs and its overall quality is adequate.

Hi Margret,

Thank you for providing helpful feedback on your customer experience. I'm sorry to hear it took longer than expectd to get a technician out but I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the security services. Please give us a call anytime we can be of further assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 14, 2019

Our builder recommended Guardian Protection Services and I’ve had nothing but problems. It didn’t get installed in time, so we had to go with a wireless system. The equipment doesn’t work. We had the doorbell and a camera replaced three times. We have service people in our house probably 11 times, with all kinds of problems. They tried to fix it with free stuff and we got a month free somewhere. And I can’t get out of the contract. So, it’s either live with it or give them bad reviews. So, we’re living with it until our contract’s over. They have to be clear on their service model where you have one year covered and then two years where you have to pay for everything. Even if it’s faulty equipment that they are selling, I still have to pay for it, which doesn’t make any sense.

Hello Medhat,

We're sorry to hear you are still having issues with the equipment. We tried reaching out to you today and left a message on the main account phone number. Please give us a call back at your earliest convenience.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 13, 2019

I had basic service with ADT before and I really upgraded when I went to Guardian. I was okay with ADT and they responded when needed. They would send the police out when the alarms went off. But with Guardian, they try every effort to contact me before they call the cops. I had a monitor that was setting itself off, so I was getting these calls all the time saying the living room sensor was going off and asking if they should call the cops. The reps were very, very professional, and we got that monitor fixed.

I love the doorbell and the ring. I love the electronic locks that I've put in, so we don’t have to use keys. In my guest home, I have another entrance with another door where I occasionally have an Airbnb guest, which is why I upgraded it to the electronic locks. Guardian told me that by doing that, I could set my alarm when I leave so that when they open their doors with the combination, my alarm won't go off because I'm in a different section of the house. I had a real issue with that at first, but I just figured it out the other day.

Guardian's pricing is fair too. So far, I haven't had an increase in price. That makes me feel like they got people out there, and they don’t have to keep making us pay more. I've referred Guardian a couple of times to my friends, but they said that Guardian wasn’t in that part of Visalia, which sounded strange because he didn’t live that far from me. They said they didn’t do service in that part of Visalia. But overall, it has been a very good experience. I'm at peace when I leave home. I'm a travel agent, and I'm gone sometimes a month or so, but I'm not worried about my house. I know that if something were to happen, Guardian will notify the person on there and it would be taken care of. So, I've traveled away feeling very comfortable.

Hi Darlean,

Thank you for sharing a great customer experience on Consumer Affairs! Guardian Protection is proud to protect your world with innovative home security solutions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 12, 2019

I had a new front door put in. Guardian Protection Services came in and put a detector on it. Their reps were helpful and their techs were very good.

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for reviewing your recent service experience! Guardian Protection is proud to provide you with peace of mind every day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 11, 2019

Somebody from Guardian came to the door and asked if I want to switch over to them. They offered to install for free, and they gave me a credit card. I was ready to change over anyhow, so I went ahead and let them do it. They’ve been very nice. I have set the alarm off many times, and they’re always very understanding and patient with me because I forgot to turn it off before I lock the door. They respond very, very quickly. They’re on the phone before I can get inside the door. I feel very secure with a system in the house. All I have is a pad on the wall and remote, and it is easy to work.

Hello Nicolasa,

Thank you for sharing a great customer experience on Consumer Affairs! It's great to hear the smart home security system is bringing you the peace of mind that you deserve every day.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Great from initial call to installation. Rebecca ** who was my sales associate has been with the company for 9 years and was amazing. She was polite, knowledgeable and really took the time to explain the packages and schedule the installation. The installer Chidi ** was running a little late and called me well before the expected time to inform me. Continued to keep me posted when he finished the previous job, and as he made it closer to my place which was an hour away. He was great. I now know why he was late, it is because he really takes the time with the client explaining everything he is doing and then setting up the keypad to the app and not leaving until he knew I was comfortable with everything. Great companies are built by great people and I am sure these two are not the only ones with Guardian Protection,. Would definitely recommend their service to anyone who needs an alarm.

Hi Chad,

Thanks so much for reviewing your customer experience with Guardian Protection from sale to installation. We are proud to be your home security provider and will work hard every day to bring you peace of mind.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I had sensor alarms going off for no reason. Manny ** came to my home and performed an in-depth analysis of my system. He replaced sensors and batteries and assured me that the items he replaced would resolve my concerns. Manny is a genuine asset to your team! Thank you. Michele

Hi Michele,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent service experience with Manny! Guardian Protection is honored to be your home security provider and provide you with additional peace of mind every day. Thank you for your continued business.

Original review: May 10, 2019

When the system was installed, the installer was very nice and he walked me through everything. I also have a medical alert button, and he showed me how it went and how to work it if I want to use it as a watch or a necklace. I’m hard to understand things and he asked to sit down and really took his time with me to go over that stuff. He came back twice to work on the system because he said there was something wrong with the inside of the box, which was the reason why they could never get it set right.

I had to fill out a form because the price is kinda high and they haven't given me any upgrade. Right now, they gave me a little bit of upgrade, and my payments will stay the same but they’re gonna give me outside cameras on the house. About three weeks ago, they called me at 3 in the morning and they said there was some activity at my front door. The installation guy was supposed to come and put in the doorbell cameras. But I got stucco stone on my house, and they said it need to be a flat surface. They couldn’t do it, so they’re gonna do the cameras on the side of the house. The installation guy called me twice wanting to come and do the job, but I have to send the contract back. Guardian has to get the contract and put it in the system and then they can do the installation. I just mailed the letter back to them on Thursday.

I've been with Guardian for a number of years and I haven't had any problem with them, so far. If anything goes wrong, they always call me. Guardian is expensive. My bill is about $54 a month, and I'm on a fixed income. But since having the system, I feel safer because I can lock myself down, and it would fit with my grandson because he is in half the time I am in. I recommend them.

Hi Audrey,

Thank you for providing a helpful review of your customer experience! It's wonderful to hear you are taking advantage of the medical alert button for additional 24/7 peace of mind.

Nathan D

Original review: May 7, 2019

Everything was fine with Guardian. The installers were great and I like that we can access the system from our cellphones. The quality of the system is great. I've always been secured with alarms.

Hello Margarita,

Thank you for sharing a wonderful customer experience. Guardian Protection is proud to provide you with home security solutions and it's great to hear you are taking advantage of the smart phone app for convenience.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 5, 2019

We've built two homes both with Ryan Homes, and Guardian was the preferred home security. So, I've been through the process twice. The representatives when you're building, are with the home security, but their job is also to sell home audio, extra alarms for the home, increasing the home security defense, along with Ethernet cables. They have many different hats that Guardian wears. They were very responsive and I typically had a good experience with them.

Most recent one was last year and the gentleman was very good. Obviously, since we built, we've had Guardian come out a few different times to either put a new hardware or they're also responsible for our airRouter in our home because we have a whole home system, and they came out for that as well. For our home security, it's definitely top-notch. I have no problems with it. They have a mobile app that’s fantastic. It's very user-friendly.

It's very easy to unlock my front door. I can open my garage or turn the system on and off all with my app. But currently they don’t have anything for thermostat that I'm aware of. So, that would be the downside. But they have a box that you can control your lights from inside your house if you need to turn your lights on and off. I have a home security within the home that I can view. It's got a recording on it. Also it's very, very proactive. When there is an alarm, even if it's just a trip, they contact me immediately. I'm very satisfied. We like Guardian Protection a lot and highly recommend.

Hi Adam,

Thanks so much for building your new homes with Guardian Protection. We are proud to protect your world with smart home security solutions. We thank you for your continued business.

Resolution response: May 14, 2019

Debby contacted me from the customer service team. She reviewed my account and recognized that very little equipment had been installed when I first signed up with Guardian, I moved to an area that Guardian didn't service and that a waiver of the contract charge was appropriate. She contacted me quickly and followed up with me through resolution. I appreciate her approach and restored my confidence in Guardian. I would consider using them again if I move back to an area that they service.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Guardian provided very little in the way of equipment and had me locked in to a 5 year contract. The original sales rep said not to worry about the length of the contract because if I moved somewhere that they didn't service that I would be let out of the contract. I moved out of their service area in 2019 and called to cancel my service. The people at the customer service line said that I could only be let out of my contract if I got the new owners to sign a contract with Guardian to take my place. I got a verbal agreement from my buyers but they ultimately chose to go with a different company.

I called Guardian's customer service line again to see if they would let me out of the contract since I don't live in the home any longer and I don't live somewhere that they service. The representative told me that I should have read my contract more closely and that they aren't responsible for what the original sales person says. My options were to either pay a $750 settlement fee to close out the contract or to keep paying and hope that they decide to enter my market.

I am paying the fee to get the liability off of me for a service that they are not providing. Be very careful before signing with Guardian. Their monitoring service does not have any features that you can't get elsewhere for the same amount of money or less and their contract length and terms are punishing. Their customer service was decent when I was a customer but when asked to stand behind what their original representative stated, they hold firm to what is in writing. Don't do any business with them unless it is very clearly in writing with every detail spelled out.

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion on the monitoring agreement. If we can help research anything further for you please private message or email us with your original address of services.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 3, 2019

I had Guardian in my previous home in North Carolina. I was referred to them by a friend and everything was fine up until cancellation. That was where I was left unhappy with Guardian. I had the service for 10 years and when I moved to Pennsylvania, there was a break where I didn’t have a home when I moved here. But we started the service again and I signed a five-year contract. I paid everything in full and I’ve never been behind on any payments.

Then, I was relocating with work so I needed to cancel the service. There was only six months left on the contract and I was being charged a penalty to cancel the service. After nine and a half years of service, I’m being charged to cancel because I’m moving and I didn't feel very appreciated. It was pretty much black and white and there was no flexibility even though I’ve been a loyal customer for all those years. And I don’t have a new home to transfer the account to. But after several calls, we had a compromise and we split the difference. I paid the balance and the account is closed now. Based on my experience, I would tell others to look at other options.

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for the helpful feedback on your customer experience as it will help us improve. We have valued your business over the years and please let us know if we can ever help you with your security needs in the future.

Guardian Protection Company Information