Call toll free
4.22/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Guardian Protection provides years of experience in innovative, integrated security and automation for homes and businesses in the following states: DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, NJ, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV. Guardian provides the Edge™ in high-tech, reliable options. Some services include traditional security technology including intrusion and fire detection, indoor and outdoor video security, and smart home features like automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. These services can be accessed from the Guardian App anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens you can feel comfortable knowing that our 24/7, award-winning monitoring center will initiate a response in an average of 30 seconds or less.

Get the Guardian Edge™: More than just security; peace of mind and convenience. Call us today! We Connect What Matters!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Guardian Protection Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

We're doing great with Guardian Protection. We had a different home security system. So far, the quality of Guardian versus what the other one was a lot better. Example is that if you have an issue, the response time is so much more convenient or faster to the consumer than the other system was. The buttons keep sticking and I had to fiddle with it, and they told me to take alcohol to clean it. I said, “No. I got the service for y’all guys to do it. So you’d better do it, not me.” So, a couple days passed and they finally arrived. With Guardian, I had an issue with my garage door opener and I got very fast response on that.

Everybody’s been very polite, professional and courteous. The guys during the installation were pretty good. The features that are in my system are what I needed. I am also able to access the security system through my smart phone. As long as you have a good internet, it does really well. If it's away from an internet system, it takes a little bit longer, but it does come up. Guardian has been very professional about all aspects of the installation, the troubleshooting, and the interactions. And if you have a problem, you dial the number and they walk you right through it.

Hi Phil,

Thank you for switching to the Guardian Protection family! We are proud to help protect your world with award-winning and fast response security monitoring. Please give us a call anytime we can be of further assistance.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Guardian Protection Services is better than our previous system. The rep that I had interaction with was professional. My house is a little awkward so it took a while to install, but the experience was good. The quality of the recording is great. I'm able to access the system through smartphone and it has been easy. So far, I'm satisfied with the system and I'm happy with my experience.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for switching to Guardian Protection! We are honored to be your home security provider of choice and it's great to hear you are taking advantage of the interactive security system features such as the smartphone app. Have a safe day with Guardian.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Everything is working out fine with Guardian. It’s just that I don’t understand when Guardian calls, it goes directly to my voicemail and not straight to me. I just found out about it a couple of days ago. I was looking at my voicemails and apparently they had called and it went right to voicemail for some reason. I don’t get it. I’m in the house all the time.

I used ADT before switching to Guardian. The Guardian salesman lied to me and said he was with ADT and that he came up here to give me upgrades. And then when they had the upgrades going, they admitted they were Guardian and they switched me over. I was pissed about that. I couldn’t do anything about it. Also, the installation did not go that well. They had to put some adaptor in here because they weren’t going to change anything out. They’re using ADT equipment. They had to hook some adaptor into my wall. Then they argued that my smoke detector wasn’t compatible and therefore the guy wasn’t gonna install a new one. I got pissed at him, he made a phone call and they told him to install it for me. Plus, it became 10 bucks a month more. They only installed minimal equipment and they hit me with a pretty heavy fee, but I thought I was dealing with ADT.

The salesman lied to me all the way through. He said they weren’t gonna take any money out of my account. The following day, they took $300 out of my account. I got lied to by the representative of the company and that’s what got me pissed. Because of him, I wouldn’t recommend the company. The services has been fine. I had some problems, they came out right away and fixed them, but I’m really disappointed in the fact that I got duped.

Hi Zach,

Thank you for sharing honest feedback on your customer experience as it will help us improve. I'm so sorry to hear of the dishonesty with the sale, you were sold by a dealer named AMP security that we no longer worth with. If you have any questions on the security equipment or billing please give us a call or email us directly at wecare@guardianprotection.com

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

We just built our home, and Guardian Protection Services was one of the packages that we were able to get with the home. Guardian came out once at the beginning because our glass-break sensor was acting up, and they replaced it. But I have a panel in the basement that has all our routing in it, and it’s kinda like spaghetti. Instead of being routed wires, it’s just kinda thrown in there. And it’s really hard to trace wires, so we’re not really happy about that. When I moved in, I saw it and I said, “Well, that don’t look very pretty.” They didn’t say sorry. They didn’t really say anything. They kinda avoided the situation. The area where it’s at is fine but the box is too small for all the stuff I have in it that they wired into my house. They should’ve used a bigger box or panel so that they could route things nicer and neater.

We turn the system on and we turn it off. And we set it off when we forget that it’s on. So that, and then our sound system that they put in the house are okay. It’s working. From the beginning, when we were trying to work with Guardian to get our house wired and everything, the purchase of the options and everything were terrible. The sales piece of it was absolutely terrible. It took months to get it right.

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection, I'm sorry to hear about the messy wires. I have located your account and we will reach out to the local Cincinnati installation manager for support in getting this resolved for you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

When I changed to Guardian, I only had the signal for when the doors are opened and closed, but I don't have my doorbell working. I don't know if that would be an extra charge for me to go back and get my doorbell working. I don't have extra money to be paying because I’m on a fixed income. Nonetheless, so far I haven’t had any problems. The only thing I have to be careful about is I don't put it on every night, and I don't put it on if I’m going on a short trip and coming right back in. Sometimes, being a senior citizen, I sit up here and if I open the door, it goes off and I have to make sure I remember my password and my safety number. I don't want the police to be coming on a false alarm.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback for Guardian Protection! We are happy to help answer any questions and I see that you spoke to a representative on 10/15/19, please let us know here if you have any further questions.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

It’s working out awesome with Guardian. We are really enjoying it. We only had the Guardian doorbell that came with the home we bought. Once we settled, I told my husband we should think of a security system, I would feel safer and could sleep better. We talked with the first gentleman that came and got us installed and told us whenever we changed our mind, that he would be happy to get us on it. We’ve lived here for years and I told them the house came with Guardian and I think we should just continue. The Horton Homes having this makes a big difference. A lot of people in the neighborhood that have Guardian have said they’ve all liked and have been happy with it.

The employees of Guardian who came and helped us out were phenomenal. Everybody’s been really nice. The first night, it was hilarious. I hit the wrong code. I did the emergency code and they called me. I got the numbers all backwards so I had to write them again. But it was nice. At least they called. Now we’re becoming pros with the system. The features in the system are awesome. We’re impressed with everything, especially the garage door. We’re very happy. We didn’t think we would really ever need security but nowadays the way it is, you’re better off. The world is changing, not for the better.

Hi Anid,

Thank you for sharing your Guardian Protection experience! It's great to hear your neighborhood is well protected and we hope the security system brings your family peace of mind.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

The person who took my call was Very helpful when I called about my main battery as it was sounding an alarm. It turned out it was dead and needed replaced. The technician that came out was very nice. And he called before coming which was helpful since I had to meet with him after work.

Hi Monica,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent customer experience with Guardian Protection. We are proud to help protect what matters most to you every day and provide additional peace of mind. Thank you for your business!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I just built a house and Guardian was offered to me by Orion Homes. The customer service reps were good and they did everything perfectly. The installer showed me everything, even stuff I didn't catch before. Everything is working out good with Guardian. Anything I could think of, they got it. Guardian Protection is for my wife. If she’s happy, I’m happy.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Guardian's right at the end of the telephone. When somebody has accidentally triggered the system, it's real easy to get in touch with them and they are very quick to call if you should happen to walk out the door without disarming it. They usually get us on the cellphone before we can leave the driveway. And when something happens, I call, they tell me what to do and I fix it. I had fun changing batteries in my motion detector. They had a really cute little video but it didn’t work that way. When I called, a nice lady worked me through how to get the batteries changed which wasn't quite as simple as they showed on that video. Since having the security system installed, I feel more secure. And I also got money off my homeowner's policy. Overall, I've been very satisfied with Guardian.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for sharing a great customer review for Guardian Protection! We are honored to be your home security provider of choice and we are always happy to help with any technical questions. Thank you for your continued business and have a safe day.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We had been with ADT for a while and we just switched over to Guardian. The reps were very courteous and always anxious to help. During installation, the two guys seemed very knowledgeable. I’m satisfied with the features offered in the system and whenever I have a problem with my unit, I always tell them regardless if it's day or night so they'd have it on record that I called them with a problem, so that they can get repaired as quickly as possible, and have my security in place.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for sharing a 5 star customer service experience! It's great to hear you have a nice installation experience and we hope Guardian' professional security monitoring brings you peace of mind every day.

Guardian Protection Company Information