4.2/5 (2298 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

About Guardian Protection

Guardian Protection offers traditional home security technology and smart home features, including automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. You can access these services from the Guardian app anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens, Guardian’s 24/7 professional monitoring center initiates responses for you.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Installation included
    • Customizable plans
    • Smart home features

Cons

• Not available nationwide
    • Early cancellation fee

Bottom Line

Guardian Protection offers customized plans for single residents, families, travelers, pet owners and others. It requires an upfront fee starting at $149 and a monthly fee starting at $45.99 per month, with installation included.

Guardian Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I was using a security system and I wasn't that happy with it, and Guardian came through. Their price was right and they had more things to offer such as the doorbell camera which was something I was looking for. The rep answered all of the questions that I had and whenever there's been an issue, they've always been right there to help out. During the installation, the rep had to climb over boxes and I was a little concerned. He could have gone around but that's okay. There was probably not much more he could have done with that. We've been very happy with Guardian but the system is very sensitive. We have cats in the house and it sets off the alarm even though it's not supposed to.

My mother and I got the system at the same time and they put two different types on the garage doors. The system is saying that the doors are closed and they're locked, but it's also saying that it's not connecting. Then, it says it may be the battery. When I called once before about it, I even sent pictures and Guardian was supposed to get back with me. They never contacted me again to let me know what kind of battery I was supposed to change. I've spoken with them since and they said it’s showing on their side that the batteries are working. This past week, the system said the right garage door was bypassed because it wasn't working properly or the battery was dead.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Every time I've called Guardian, they've been very good. I had to deal with my one alarm here for my smoke detector and we resolved that. I've never had a system that was monitored like this. My smoke detector, CO2 detector, if I take it off the wall, it shows a tamper. I never knew any of that stuff. I go, “Wow.” It goes to my smartphone. It's a whole new learning experience.

The installer was very good. He set it up. We had to do some troubleshooting because I was supposed to get a Ring and a doorbell. It’s their camera system for the doorbell. But we found out I didn't have a very good internet connection, so I knew I had to change that. When I got it changed and I called them, they came out, no problem and hooked it up for me. I can't complain at all about Guardian.

I like the way their setup is. It transmits in two different ways. It transmits by landline and cellular, so that if my phone line is cut, I still got cellular backup. In the old days before cellular, you only had landline. They've been very attentive whenever I call them on customer service. Also, when I've called them, I like that they're consistently asking me for my ID. Like, “What's your password?” to make sure you are the person calling in is who you really are.

They've also answered my questions. That's how I found out how this alarm worked. I wasn't too worried about burglar as long as I'm here, but I was worried about the fire department responding.‘Cause where I live, if you get an alarm and the fire department gets an alarm, and even though you call in with a passcode, the fire department still sends a rig to verify. I found out that when it's a low battery alarm, they will just send a text message or they’ll call the house. So, they make contact to let you know we had a problem. They don't automatically send the fire department, which I liked because it's not an act of fire alarm.

Hi Jon,
    Thank you so very much for taking the time to rate us. I am glad to see that your experience with Guardian Protection has been a five-star experience. We will continue to strive to bring you the best in 24-hour monitored smart home security. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.
    Amy,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I like the price of Guardian. The system is wonderful. It works for me. I'm not gadget-fancy and it does what I need it to do and that's wonderful for me. When I use it, I don't have any issues with it. When I have interactions with their team, it's great but it is very seldom because their equipment never fails. Somebody broke in my garage and that was the reason that I got an alarm. Now I feel comfortable because my garage is alarmed. If somebody went in my garage, it would alert me right away.

Hi Ronald,
    So glad that we were able to provide you an affordable way to feel safe. There is nothing like peace of mind - our 24-hour monitoring center never sleeps so you can. It sounds as though you are keeping your system armed and taking advantage of all of its benefits. Very smart! I want to thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

The installer of our Guardian did a very professional job. The reps over the phone have been professional too. Whenever I need them, I call them and I can reach them. If I have a problem or question, they answer it. The system is good for the price. We get that thing, where the garage doors open and I like that.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Guardian Protection requires a 30 day notification of termination of service. I notified them that I was terminating my account on September 18, 2020 (30 day notification). I had a requirement for a service call that I thought was free. I was then billed $79.90 with less than a month of service remaining. The technician never mentioned a charge for the service nor did he mention a charge for parts. If he had told me there was a service charge and I charge for parts I would certainly have not spent $80. I called Guardian protection and they gave me a generous $20 rebate. I consider their business practices to be unscrupulous. Customers beware, I have been with this company over four years and this is third thank you.

Hi Theodora,
    I am sorry for your negative experience. Our professional technicians normally do not quote costs as their focus is on providing the technical service. Our customer care specialist should have quoted you the cost. I can see that an extra effort was made by the specialist to move your service appointment up by a week so that we could get you taken care of more quickly. I appreciate your feedback and we will take this as a coaching opportunity as all of our calls are recorded.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I accidentally went out without cancelling the alarm and did not realize it as neighbor was cutting his grass. I usually hear the beep and go cancel. Luckily I always have my phone on me as afraid of falling. So yes you were very quick in checking in on me. Thank you!

Hi Bonnie,
    It is our great honor to be there when you need us most. Our Five Diamond Monitoring Center never sleeps so that our customers can have peace of mind. Life is better when it's safe. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

So far I've been pleased with the service and the installers were very helpful and informative. I would recommend this organization to other homeowners. The most convenient aspect of this system is the remote access and having the ability to see who is at the door whether I am at the residence or not. Very much like this aspect of the service.

Hi Laura,
    I am happy to hear that you are finding great benefit in the remote control abilities of your Guardian Protection smart home security system. There is great peace of mind knowing that you have visual insight into who is at your door when you are not able to be there or if you are at home alone. I am also glad to hear that our professional installation and service team was helpful and informative. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of Guardian. We appreciate it.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I had Xfinity Home Security and it was pretty good. But I switched to Guardian. Their customer service was great. They had an easy process and they handled everything for me. I really appreciate it. There was a simplistic presentation. They told me what they could do, what they couldn’t do for me, and I enjoyed it. I had no problems with the installation as well. It was great. The system has easy access and 1-2-3 instructions so everything's pretty good.

Hi Audris,
    Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Our Customer Service team loves what they do and it certainly shows in your case. It is an honor that you chose us to be your smart home security provider given that you have already experienced another company's services. Trust that we are 100% dedicated to life safety. I am happy to hear that you found the presentation to be simplistic -- we try to be solutions-focused so as not to take up too much of your time and give you the most value. I hope that you will continue to enjoy the benefits and ease of use of your Guardian system. Life is better when it's safe!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

When we purchased the home, it had a Guardian system already in it. I called them and they were very straightforward with the terms and what it would cost. We're very pleased with that. Everything's been as advertised as well. The system does exactly what we need it to do and I like being able to control it from our smart phones and see the cameras. It's very convenient and I like it.

Hi Steve,
    I am happy to hear that our customer care specialist provided outstanding clarification on the pricing and terms. I am also pleased to hear that you found us to be the right choice for your family when it comes to security. Many of our customers tell us how much they enjoy controlling their Guardian Protection smart home system from their smart phone -- it's always good to be able to check on things at home from wherever you happen to be. Thank you for choosing Guardian.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

Our Guardian system installation went fine. After the initial install, we had them come out and install an SDR unit. The SDR unit is not working at this point and I scheduled an appointment. Today, Tier 2 Support called me to follow up. They have been really good. With Guardian, I like knowing that the house is secure from that standpoint. I also like the user-friendly app on my phone. Overall, it's been good so far.

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for letting us know that your Guardian smart home security system installation went well. If you need any additional assistance regarding your SDR unit, please email wecare@guardianprotection.com or call us at 1-800-PROTECT (800-776-8328). It's great to hear that you are enjoying the benefits of our user-friendly app -- it makes things so much easier to control. Trust that our 24-hour monitoring center never sleeps so that you will have peace of mind. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Our home builder offered a really good package. When I looked at what Guardian had to offer, it was all smart stuff and it was a better buy. I looked them up on the web and there was never a better deal. There were no issues during the installation except that a couple of products were probably delayed due to the COVID thing. But the people were there within five days with it. I'm also fine with the wait time. We've been waiting on our stove for our house since May, so five days sounded just about perfect. Everybody was pleasant and very knowledgeable too.

Everything is fine. But I'm kinda new to the smart stuff. We did a smart stuff in our house. It's taken a little bit of time. My wife didn't like the technical stuff but she's getting used to it now. We like the idea that we can use our smartphones to interact with the system. We're enjoying it. It's safe and that's the main thing. One thing that I noticed though is I don't think we can adjust the camera at the door on the doorbell. It kind of takes a picture of the front wall going to the front door. At night, it says there's motion or something like that. But all we could see is the wall. Other than that, no issues at all.

Hi Marvin,
    It is a pleasure to be partnered with your builder and to bring you an outstanding value as a result, on your Guardian Protection smart home security system. I am glad to hear that your installation went well and I want to thank you for your patience regarding the slight delay on some of your components. Trust that we will be there when you need us most. Our 24-hour Five Diamond monitoring center never sleeps so you can rest securely and have peace of mind. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I showed Guardian to a few friends and they liked the security camera motion sensor. It’s pretty easy to use. When I had an issue, I called Guardian. So far, so good.

Hi Luis,
    I am glad that you are enjoying the benefits of your Guardian Protection smart home security system, especially the camera motion sensor and the ease of use of the system. Our customer care specialists are always happy to serve you and you can trust that our 24-hour Five Diamond monitoring center never sleeps so that you can have great peace of mind. Thank you for choosing Guardian!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I went with a new build with the DR Horton homes and Guardian was pretty much given to me in my package as an option to use. The home is already pretty much ready and set up to go with them. The process was pretty smooth as far as setup goes. But there were some issues with the installation with a few things that weren't working, to begin with. Most people will have them come out three or four different times to get the system working in the order that it needed to. But Guardian was always really receptive and answered my calls and got it fixed right away.

The first gentleman that came out was clear that he wasn't happy about being there. He didn't set everything up properly, which is what led to multiple people coming out. And he was just kinda happy with leaving it up in the air with someone-else-to-figure-it-out type of mentality. It would have been nice to have the first person that came out to have been more equipped to do the work instead of having to have multiple people come out over time to kinda fix what the gentleman didn't do the very first time.

Hi Leah,
    Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am happy to hear that you have found us to be receptive and responsive to your calls. I am sorry that the first gentleman did not live up to our standards -- we will be sure and use this as a coaching opportunity. Thank you. I wish you the best in your new home along with peace of mind in using the benefits of your 24-hour monitored Guardian Protection smart home security system. We are here when you need us most!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I went through Insight Homes, with selections, and it had a booklet or pamphlet that talked about everything that Guardian offered. Any questions I had, the representatives always answered, or they had to get in touch with me, and they were quick to respond back. They also had a lady call me a couple of days after installment because one of the techs forgot to do something. She talked me through the process and made sure everything with a home security system was okay. What I really like about it is I can also use the program through the phone as app security to make sure I activated the system. If there was a problem, if it was deactivated by someone somehow, the system would take a picture to notify to see if it was me or someone else.

Hi Christopher,
    Welcome to the Guardian Protection family. I am happy to hear that you have found our professional sales consultant and customer care specialists to be outstandingly responsive and helpful. Guardian is big enough to deliver the finest in high tech security and still small enough to care about your needs. I hope that you continue to enjoy the interactive features of your Guardian protection smart home system. Our UL certified Five Diamond 24-hour monitoring center will be there when you need them, too. Life is better when it's safe!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

When I looked into Guardian, I saw that they were hooked up with Alarm.com so I thought we would go with them. I thought I might as well keep it then I can have it on the same mobile app. We have used a local home security system where we moved from and we have a similar system that uses Alarm.com out in Arizona. They're monitored by Alarm.com as far as the mobile app goes. We have some features on our Guardian that we don't have out there but they're similar in nature. The salesperson was very good and so was the installer. He was there for a couple hours, did what he was supposed to do, then we reviewed it for about 15, 20 minutes. We had a lot going on that day with furniture moving in so it was nice that he did his thing, wrapped it up and we were done. Everything is working out well with Guardian.

Hi Mark,
    How great that you had already had experienced the benefits of a security system powered by Alarm.com. As their partner Guardian Protection is happy to bring you the finest in technology and even a few additional features, as you mentioned. I am happy to hear that you found our professional sales consultant and technician to be outstandingly responsive and helpful. Guardian is big enough to deliver the finest in high tech security and still small enough to care about your needs. We will strive to continue to deliver to your expectations in all ways -- from customer care to award-winning monitoring. Life is better when it's safe! Thank you for choosing Guardian.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

The sales rep was very good and the installation went very well. The guy was very helpful. Everything is good. It’s very good service.

Hi David,
    Thank you for taking the time review Guardian Protection. I am happy to hear that you found our professional sales consultant and service technician to be super helpful in the design and installation of your Guardian Protection smart home security system.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

The technician was very informative and knowledgeable about the alarm system. He was punctual and courteous. I would recommend Guardian to my neighbors or family. I feel secure and protected with the system. It works for me. I fell on a Sunday Morning. They

Hi Laura,
    Thank you for taking the time to share positive comments about our professional technician. I have researched your account and it looks as though our tech Darryl took care of your recent service visit. I will be sure and pass along your compliment to his manager. Our 24/7 monitoring center never sleeps so that we can be there when you need us most. I am glad to hear that we continue to meet your needs in an excellent manner.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

All my life I've had ADT but because they had Guardian in this home and it was already outfitted with the Guardian pad and the tools on the windows, I figured that might be the most seamless direction. From what I read, Guardian seems to be a good company so I decided to use them. The installation was pretty easy. The guy was here a while. He checked everything and put a new pad up, and it all seemed to be working pretty smoothly. He was really respectful and great while in my home so I don't have any complaints about it.

The only thing was the amount of time it took to get an appointment for somebody to come out. The woman that I made the appointment with had warned me that it could take a while but probably about an hour after she and I got off the phone, someone from the company called me. I missed the call and he left a message. I had to call back that day in order to have an earlier appointment made and I completely missed the window so I was a little frustrated by that. But other than that, it was okay. So far, so good.

Hi Frankie,
    Thank you for taking the time to review Guardian Protection. It is an honor to be chosen as your security provider, especially considering that you formerly had ADT. Our professional technicians undergo rigorous training so that they can provide you with the best possible installation and service experience. My apologies that you experienced some delay in getting on the schedule. I am glad that we were able to finally come to your home and get everything up and running for you. Wishing you all the best as you enjoy the peace of mind that comes with your Guardian Protection smart home security system. Life is better when it's safe.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

My mom and dad have Guardian and they kind of referred me over to them. We have it at three different locations and it was something I'm already familiar with so I went with them. The reps were very nice and very prompt. They made sure that I was satisfied with what I wanted and needed. The gentleman during the installation was a scholar. He helped me out tremendously. He helped prove my point to my wife a couple of times too. He made it a lot easier. I like that I get I get the emails letting me know when someone's coming in, like user number two or user number three. That's a neat little thing to have.

Hi Frankie,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Guardian is better and has a higher tech compared to my previous security system. I like it so far. I haven't started living in that house yet but it seems good so far. The installation was good. The guy was really nice and professional.

Hi Jordan,
    Thank you for taking the time to review Guardian Protection. We take pride in the quality of the technology and I am sure you are going to enjoy the convenience of its interactive features after you move in. It's great to hear that our professional installation technician was really good and professional. They undergo rigorous training so that the can provide you with the best possible service and experience.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Guardian Protection was very helpful addressing our concerns. The representative navigated us through the testing of our system over the phone and tried to troubleshoot the problem from her end. She pinpointed the problems and scheduled a technician to come out. The technician was very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. He explained the problems and repaired our system. Our home is back to being protected. This particular technician was scheduled to come out to us prior to this visit. He was on his way when a tornado hit. He came out to us the very next day his schedule permitted first thing in the morning. We are very happy with his service and dedication.

Hi Molly,
    I am happy to hear that we addressed all of your concerns in the most comprehensive way --from our technical care specialist to our on-site technician's service on your system. We will continue to strive to bring you and your family the best in 24-hour monitored home security. Thank you or choosing Guardian Protection.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Our Guardian seems to be working out okay. We haven’t had any issues. I've got four smart switches in my house, and I know what two of them do. But I don't know what the other two do. I don't know if they're redundant, like three-way switches, because they don't work the way the other switch works if it's a three-way switch. I don't know if Guardian did the prewiring of the smart switches or not. But Guardian did all the prewiring for the house. They prewired the Eero.

We had a snafu with the contract with Guardian. We signed the contract with Guardian last fall. They came in and did the prewiring when the house was being built. But then Guardian pulled out of the contract here at Trilogy, and it was given to Quantum. Quantum came in and activated some stuff but they could not do the security. No one seemed to know who was doing what. They said, “Oh, you've got Quantum now.” Then Guardian said, “No, we're still monitoring.” So, there was a fight. Quantum did some of the work and Guardian came and did the rest. So, it was a hybrid between two companies doing it. But we got everything well done and each guy from each company that came has been great. The on-hands guy has been great too.

Hi Ron,
    I am glad to hear that your Guardian Protection smart home security system is working to your benefit. Our protection specialists are on duty 24/7 to respond to your system's emergency signals and we are here when you need us! I researched your account when I received your comments a few days ago and asked that our customer care specialist give you a call regarding the four smart switches you mentioned. I understand that she has talked to you and that those switches were installed by your builder. I would reach out to your builder to get some help on these so that you can start using them to your advantage in your new home. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Mary's help with my concern kept me as a customer. I was ready to drop this service but she provided such great service, I changed my mind. I also appreciate that she was able to find me a discount that allowed me to be able to afford to stay with you as a client. And the service call was quick and efficient.

Hi Shirley,
    We're happy that you chose to stay with Guardian Protection and that the outstanding service of our customer care specialist convinced you that Guardian Protection is a great choice for you. It's awesome that we could find you a discount as well! Great home security and affordable, too!
    Thanks for choosing Guardian!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Knocked out communication ability of builder’s fire alarms. Otherwise great job. Professional and arrived on-time. It was a big project. Customer service is also very good. This is the 2nd time using them for security and smart home technology with surround sound.

Hi Shannon,
    Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection not once, but twice! Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that our professional technician arrived on time and that you have found satisfaction with the quality of our customer service. We look forward to providing the best in 24-hour monitored security to you and your family.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I purchased a brand new build and Guardian was already in that home. They also had to come out and do some installation. However, I'm still waiting on them to do the glass break sensor, so I need to call them back for that. Everything else is amazing. They put a touchscreen panel on my wall, changed out some sensors, and moved some stuff around. Everything works great. They gave me a week to make mistakes, and I haven't made any of course, but it was still nice of them.

Hi William,
    I am glad that you are finding everything to be amazing with your new Guardian Protection smart home security system. I think you'll find that the ability to control things from your mobile phone will be super helpful, too. I sent your request regarding the glass breaks sensor to our customer care specialists. You should be hearing from them soon. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I purchased two outside cameras for my home and during the installation process for my services. The technician could not install the cameras because there were no electrical receptors available for power. I tried several times to contact my salesperson, but he will not respond either via phone or email. I also purchased a subwoofer that had no close outlet for its use. I am currently left without the level of security I purchased. I called and spoke with customer service and I am waiting for a viable response/remedy.

Hi Barbara,
    I am sorry for your frustration. I escalated your issues to our customer care manager a few days ago when I received this review and I can see that our tech has visited your home and taken care of this for you. I wish you the best in security from your new Guardian Protection system. Please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-PROTECT (1-800-776-8328) if you have any additional needs. If you will consider updating your review on consumeraffairs.com it would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Service technician installed a new sensor device on our new entry door. The technician also installed a new backup battery in the home system. He was knowledgeable, professional and completed all tasks quickly and efficiently. He cleaned up the area completed when done.

Hi Henry,
    I am happy to here that our professional technician did a great job in installing the new sensor and backup battery. It's such an advantage to have a professional installation versus having to do it yourself! Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection and we look forward to meeting all of your security needs.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Very helpful with my situation on replacing battery back up & respectful to me and understood what needed to be completed to resolve my issue with replacing & testing the security system after I replaced the new battery back up. Thanks!

Hi Mario,
    I am glad that our customer care specialist was such a great help to you. Their mission is to do whatever it takes to help keep you secure and to do it all professionally and with care. Thanks for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

The technician was very professional completed the job in a timely manner. He called when he was on his way. On completion explained everything. Ensured that I understood and answered all my questions and concerns. The system has been performing well since installation.

Hi Elaine,
    In researching your account it looks as though our professional technicians Gary and Eric both provided services at various times to your home. I have passed along your kind comments to their manager. I am glad that you are enjoying your new Guardian Protection smart home security system. Life is better when it's safe!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

The gentleman who helped us was very knowledgable and was patient with us when we were confused. He was calm and polite and never got in a rush. He was a true gentleman. His help was very much appreciated. He was working remotely from his home.

Hi Bobby,
    I researched your account and it appears that you were assisted by Larry, one of Guardian's great customer care specialists. I am glad that he was so helpful to you and a true gentleman at the same time. Despite the pandemic and some of our team members having to work remotely, I am happy to say that we haven't missed a beat. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection for your security needs and I will pass along your compliment to Larry's supervisor.

Guardian Protection Company Information