3.4/5 (142 ratings)

About GE Washing Machines

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Very happy with our purchase. We bought this for our Condominium we own in Bayside and we use it a lot as our family is big and a lot of laundry accumulate daily. And it's very quiet and efficient. We also have put it on at night and it does not disturb anyone. It also does not take a long time to do a cycle.

Original review: May 21, 2020

GE washing machines are great because they are precise fill for water levels, perfect temps for all loads, they are super efficient, there are different wash loads for all fabrics...The GE washing machine is perfect....

Original review: May 21, 2020

The ease of use using these machines really make a lot of difference when you have a very busy day to day schedule. The price range is also doable when it comes to this rapidly changing economy. I would definitely recommend these to anyone in the market searching.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I am on only my second GE washer in 47 years! I have only replaced due to moving and I plan to buy a new one in a month from now. Never had to call a repairman in all of this time. When I bought the GE washer, I went for heavy duty and largest model available. My last one was purchased 17 years ago and it still looks and runs as if was a brand new top loader, inside and out.

Original review: May 20, 2020

State of the art components, it's quiet, efficient, a quality performance, all reviews and comments are extremely positive and for the money the washer is a great value. I am certainly pleased and will continue to recommend GE products to any future buyers.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I am fairly satisfied with my washing machine. I have two comments that I question on the machine. When I wash bulky items on the bulky cycle, such as rugs, it never spins the water out. I need to put cycle “drain and rinse” at least two times to get water out. My other issue is that since I am short, 5’2”, I have trouble reaching items on the bottom????

Original review: May 20, 2020

It is difficult to restart mid cycle if the load is unbalanced, you have to start from the beginning again. It seems to be holding up well but it is not a top of the line washer. I feel it is probably a good value for what I paid for it.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I like the GE washing machine because it’s very simple to use. It does not have an auto sensing control on it so therefore you can set what water level you want. Also, it does not have a locking lid. Therefore you can open it whenever you want to to add clothing or softener or even a little bleach.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I have had the GE Unitized washer dryer for 4 months with no problems. It has the cycle choices I need for washer and dryer. It's easy to load and remove clothes, even if the washer tub is a little deep. It washes bulky comforters, coats, heavy denim, bathroom rugs just fine. The dryer is big and quiet. It works like a HE but uses all types of detergent. Great buy! Gave 4 stars for function only because all models do not have a "rinse only" choice.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have had this washing machine for over 16 years - never had a problem. You do need to remove the soap dispenser and clean out the mold behind it. It's very easy to do. It also helps to run a washing machine cleaner thru it every few months.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I purchased my machine in 2019. The only concern I have with this machine is that I’m never sure of the amount of water that fills the tub with some features that I’m not used to. The tub on this machine enables me to wash very large loads including my queen size quilt. After washing, my clothes are practically dried which cuts down on my electric bill for the dryer. The drain and spin feature allows for a drier finish. Everything else is good. As long as you’re using the right soap the clothes are the cleanest.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Some GE may be good, however the machine I was given by AHS is the lowest on the market. Makes horrible noise, does not have a detergent or fabric softener dispenser, cannot wash large loads (even though it is a large capacity tub) due to balance issues, does not spin very dry and just overall a terrible machine.

Original review: May 19, 2020

A piece of junk!!! Poor quality, lightweight, very loud, the cost is too much for the usage you get out of it, the drum will start to rust, will not get a long usage out this machine. I do not recommend a GE WASHER TO ANYONE.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I had a Maytag washing machine, that died after 18 years. I decided to get a GE washing machine because of the recommendation of friends. I've only had it a few weeks, but I'm very happy with it. The tub is much larger than my old machine, and it has a few additional features.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I really love the size--I can fit king-sized blankets with no problem. I've had it for about one year. I also like the different choice given for what you are washing such as normal, heavy duty, bedding, etc. As far as the other special choices, how many rinses, how much water, all the special combinations to press ad infinitum--is just too much--I want the washer to wash-not for me to need a degree to use it.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have the GE Model 680BSJ and it is fabulous. Has so many options for small loads, temperatures, deep water wash and rinses which is hard to find on most HE models. I use the short cycle a lot for small loads and you can choose your temperatures, the speed of the spin cycle and so many other choices. It also has Clean machine cycle which I use about once every month. Inside stays so clean and fresh smelling I have never had another brand or model that I have liked better than this one.

Original review: May 18, 2020

GE is the only machine I've owned. I am 72 years old and there been 2 in my life. The first just wore out. I'm still using the 2nd. All appliances in my home is GE. It's that good. All of my children use this brand. Didn't have to replace any parts, when it stopped working I knew it was time for a new one.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I would of rated the reliability a 4 but the machine broke down once already. I had to send it in for repair. Otherwise I love how it cleans and rinses my clothes. The tub holds plenty of water to wash a even extra big load. Overall all I'm satisfied about its performance just sometimes I'm concerned that if I don't close the door in time after the water stops it won't start to wash.

Original review: May 18, 2020

My washer (GE Hydro Wave) tangles clothes to no end, has ruined many things, shirts, tops etc. It never seems to have enough water in the drum and that's on super fill. Very unhappy with this washer, will buy a different brand next purchase.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I love it. I can put 2 loads In it, I level the load and if it's not it show me a code to level it out. It's easy to maintain and has a cleaner cycle on it. I can put my big rugs in it and it cleans them.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Washer came with my new home 3 years ago and it works great, I have since told everyone how glad I have not have any trouble and at my age I would have needed someone to help buy one with some advice, not sure how much or when owners before me spent.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I purchased my machine a few months ago. I read all the reviews and settled for the one I got. I was praying that it would hold up and work like a washing machine should. I am very happy so far, and have had no issues. It cleans and rinses along with spins with no problems so far. my clothes come out very clean, and not wrinkled. I love all the extra features like extra fill and soil stages. I am happy that I haven't so far had any issues like the ones reported. Thank you GE for keeping us in clean clothes! Quietly, and effortless.

Original review: May 17, 2020

When I moved into my new home over a year ago I purchased a new machine. Well of course the warranty is expired and the washer is a useless pile of junk. My husband would normally fix this but he passed away recently so I’m left hand washing everything until the lockdown is lifted. It won’t be a GE washer, that’s for sure.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I have a stackable unit, because it is too high it’s difficult to get laundry from the back of the dryer I feel like it should be a little lower and a bit wider. Also it’s difficult to keep the front glass of the washer clean.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Bought this GE washing machine 3 years ago. Within 6 months 2 of the wings had broke off the agitator, was told warranty did not cover. I even had an extended warranty and that did not help. 8 weeks ago it stopped a agitating altogether, been using the laundromat ever since.

Original review: May 17, 2020

When buying a new machine so many women said "DO NOT get a front load as the smell". I have had a front load years ago and noticed this issue. This machine doesn't have that problem at all. I am unsure if they have new features to eliminate that but it is GREAT. I love the way it cleans. I stuff it full and then some of cloths and they always come out smelling fresh and clean. I would highly recommend this machine.

Original review: May 16, 2020

The level of quality is low, I am long term user, machine hard to use, doesn't clean well, water and controls setting illogical not flexible. Not enough water in wash cycles to clean clothes efficiently.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have owned my current GE clothes washer for over 5 years now and It still works like the day I installed it. Highly recommend GE. My Samsung washer had to be replaced after 4 years as it was more cost effective to replace due to high repair cost.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Less than a 6 months after purchase the “stainless steel” tub was rusting. Called customer service was informed they needed to send a repairperson out to look at machine. I had to do all the legwork of tracking down someone in my area and setting everything up, they did nothing. Set aside a day, he cancelled went back and for with company over the warranty to the point that I just gave up! Tub is still rusted, constantly gets off-balance and makes a weird whining noise! I hate this machine but can’t afford another one.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I bought my washer at Sears and was on sale. Most machines are too expensive but the one I chose was a least expensive one. Had it for 8 years now and no problems so far. It also comes with a water-saver feature and has a sensor to use the right amount water for washes, makes it great for when the kids do their own laundry.

GE Washing Machines Company Information