Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: March 5, 2020

I bought this GE deep fill washing machine from a Canadian Appliances about 6 months ago. It is horrible. Says deep fill which is a laugh. The button does not work at all and the repair man that came told me GE disabled this feature. The only way you can get half a tub of water is to put it on bulky which helps but then the spin is slow and your clothes take longer to dry because they are so wet still. The agitator is so weak it will not pull the clothes down and some remain dry during the wash. I put in 2 single sheets to wash and I have pictures to prove at the end there were still dry spots. Don’t buy this. On another note the nice man at Canadian appliance that sold me this set said if I had any problems to call warranty line and not the store. Now I wonder what he knew that I didn’t. Be warned.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Just like everyone said before me. Unreliable, doesn't work properly. And you guessed it, the warranty is up. I would never recommend this product to anyone. If you have to replace a machine every two years you might as well spend your quarters down the street. Not made to last anymore. This must be a green machine because you have to take out your clothes and wring it out by hand. Doesn't even wash one towel anymore. Hope this makes you decide to buy another brand.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I purchased a GE dryer from Home Depot. Two weeks later the knob popped off and the dryer stopped working. I called Home Depot. They told me I had to go through GE to get it repaired. I called GE, set up an appointment, which I couldn’t get for another two weeks and there were no weekends. So I took off work. They were suppose to come from 8am-12pm. No one showed up. I called GE. They told me that the tech was off and they had no one else to cover. They never called me to tell me my appointment was cancelled and now I missed a day of work for nothing. I asked to speak to a manager and they told me that no managers were there today. Frustrating and worst experience ever!!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Don't waste your money. I wanted to buy an American made product and boy do I regret it. The washer barely fills even on "deep fill" and the clothes on the top of the wash load sit above the water because it doesn't move the clothes enough to get them wet, much less clean. I guess they figure the rinse cycle will give the illusion your clothes got washed because they finally get wet. Horrible customer service. My 3 month old dryer sounds like something inside it fell apart so I have to wait 7 days for GE to send an authorized technician to look at it. This is not a quality washer or dryer despite the 10 year limited warranty. DO NOT BUY the top load washer or dryer. Waste of money on junk.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I purchased a GE top loader. Model #GTW335ASNOWW less than a year ago. This will be the 3rd time I have had a technician out. The washer only fills a quarter of the way full, no matter what water level you set it on. They have replaced one part, that did not take care of the problem. I had a Kenmore before this that lasted 27 years with not one service call. I wash maybe 2 load a week now. Those have turned into 6 loads because the water level is so low. Very frustrated and aggravated. I will never purchase another GE product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

GE Washer GTW330ASKWW. Bought the machine 12/2/18. Single used it once a week for three months. I am a snow bird. Warranty expired on 12/6/18. Today later the following machine did had the following problem - gear box, inner basket, top seal, suspension kit. If your machines only last a year you should tell people. I will be going to the Better Business Bureau but of course you do not care.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I hate everything about the washing machine. It is over complicated and programmed to break down a month after the warranty is up. It has been programmed by an idiot and has the worst settings imaginable. It makes these stupid sounds and sprays water out in 2 short bursts no matter what option you hit. I want to spin and dry the clothes 1 more time so it sprays them with water again first!? Wtf.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

It is suppose to be energy efficient and it is the worst experience I have ever had with a washer, it doesn't give me enough water to actually clean my clothes. Also, the pockets of detergent that have become so popular have too much detergent for this particular wash and leaves soap stains on my clothes. I am allergic to detergent and so I use dye free and perfume free but because this wash doesn't actually clean the clothes very well they still smell like dirt. If I owned the apartment I am renting from I would never use this washer. It is a pain in my side and so so sad. They didn't research enough before rolling this item out and if there is something I am doing wrong there is no instruction.(which I doubt).

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I've never written a review like this before, but I have to share about my nightmare experience with GE. My brand new washing machine has been broken since September, and I am still going back and forth with GE. At first, the GE technician told me it was my fault - they said I wasn't loading the machine correctly. When they finally sent a third-party out to my house, the technician immediately identified the problem. They ordered the replacement part, but the wrong part was delivered to my house. When we finally got the new part, the technician was unable to install it, and ended up breaking another part in my washer. I have requested a new washer and GE continues to delay its response to my request. The GE products, technicians, and customer service reps have been horrible to deal with. I recommend going with another company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

How do they expect us to wash clothes without water. This washer has a manual water level knob but it still won't put water into the tub. GE tricked me by saying it was a manual adjustment knob but when I called, she said it only fills 1/4 way of the tub height. Now ridiculous! She said that you don't need water to wash clothes. So how am I gonna wash a blanket that goes to the top of the tub...well I guess I will never ever get to wash my blankets ever again. I am so sad and frustrated.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The same dedication to quality that GE puts into building products like jet engine turbines and wind towers goes into their washing machines. GE is an American symbol of industry that was ranked the 14th most profitable large firm in the United States and has even had employees that have won Nobel Prizes.

• Washer's with many features in one place: GE washers often offer Energy Star certification, stain removal settings, vibration control and an automatic precision dispensing system, all in one machine.

• Special offers: GE routinely features great deals on washers in its Special Offers section on their website, helping buyers connect with rebates, tax credits and special holiday sales.

• Washers that look great: Besides offering washers that fulfill nearly every customer's desire, GE washers also come in many colors and finishes, all the way from platinum to ruby red.

• Best for: People who want a washer that offers beautiful design, people who are energy conscious, families and professionals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team