Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

1141 GE Washing Machines Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

In my occupation, I am required to wear uniforms. I wash my uniforms every week. I have had the same uniforms for 6 months. They still look new. They are not dingy. They do not have a "nursing home smell." They smell like fabric soften. I have washed the same uniforms at the laundry mat. The clothes have lint fibers on them. They come out hot alone with acquired stench.

The GE (General Electric) Model # GTWN8250DOWS/ Serial RA17271OG, I have owned for more than 5 years. I have not had any problems. The washing machine have several selection. You can select extra rinse cycle, ecomony wash, and soak cycles. It automatic selects the water level for the amount of clothes in the wash basket. It can become a little noisy doing the rinse cycle. But I can live with it, given the other good qualities of the machine.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Great washer overall. But the problem is with the energy saving low amount of water the washer uses. In order for stains to be removed, I must use a stain remover. The low water level, which is not adjustable, does not move the clothing around enough for a good washing for stained items. I found the items washed didn’t rinse enough, so everything I wash has to have an extra rinse. I do use the proper detergent for these machines and measure accurately. I love the hand wash cycle on this washer and use it regularly. I have had this washer for almost 11 years and have never needed any service. I will buy GE again. I hope the newer washers have improved water levels.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My old washer was a GE that lasted 35 years until it finally quit. I bought a new GE. It has many features. My old one didn’t plus it’s quieter and spins out great. The clothes are almost dry so it takes less dryer time. I am no fond on the leaking lid because sometimes I use liquid detergent and like to put it in water before adding clothes. Now I add detergent and pour about a gallon of water to dissolve it. Most of the time I use pods. I just hope I get the long lasting service from this one as I did from my old one.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Great washer and dryer. My wife did not want to buy a front loading washer with bad reviews but you have to clean the front washer out about once a month and she finally figured out the reviews was not reliable when our stackable washer went out. That is why we bought the front loader because they are stackable.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had a 5 year old expensive Whirlpool model with all the bells and whistles. It got to where it was constantly throwing codes, it was more to fix it than to buy another washer. I chose the GE because it has dial controls and an agitator at a very good price. I have had it for about 8 months and it does the job. I hope I get more than 5 years out of this one, but I spent less than half the price of the old washer I had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I bought a GE washing machine model GTW330ASK3WW sixteen months ago. The locking mechanism broke on it due to nothing that we did to it. It cost $159.00 to fix the little plastic piece. DO NOT EVER BUY a GE WASHING MACHINE, THEY ARE MADE WITH CHEAP PLASTIC PARTS.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Your warranty department is Hideous. I tried 7 times to get ahold of someone in 3 days. I’m now stuck without a dryer for another two weeks on top of the week I tried getting ahold of your warranty department. They first told me NO APPT was scheduled, then I call and I have some wacko appointment time without ANY notification. You transferred me to a bad phone number where I sat on hold for 30 minutes then your phone line goes “goodbye” and hung up on me while I sat ON HOLD the entire 30 minutes for nothing.

I will NEVER buy GE again because of your lack of customer service and the person I spoke to sounded like she smoked for 2,000 years and I could barely understand a single word she said. I loved GE and we always bought GE. However, if this is how you treat your customers who pay EXTRA for an extended warranty you can forget any more service from me. I’m spreading the word to everyone I know who uses GE and those considering GE to go elsewhere. I WORK customer service and this is NOT how you treat paying customers!! I was told I didn’t even have an appt, then I have one, then I don’t, then I’m hung up on, RIDICULOUS! Good luck keeping customers with your disrespectful, rude, and lying, customer service representatives.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Bought a GE washer 6 months ago, within a year the motor had to be replaced at my expense. The buttons have never worked correctly, you have to push them multiple times in order for it to start. Now it has stopped draining. Never buy GE appliances unless you enjoy constant problems.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Everything is wrong with this unit. Most recent is a sensor, I will never buy another GE product again. This is always breaking down and the parts are very expensive to replace. I contacted customer service and the guy I spoke with was not helpful and arrogant.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This is the worst washer that I have ever purchased in my my whole entire life. If I want to stop the washer because it is on the wrong cycle, there is no way to stop the washer from draining. It will literally drain all of the water out even if I try to reset it. It is not quiet at all. The spin cycle sounds like a freight train even the delicate cycle is very loud. I tried to reset by unplugging for one minute, and lift the lid six times within 12 seconds - and that didn't even work. It is just one big disappointment.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The same dedication to quality that GE puts into building products like jet engine turbines and wind towers goes into their washing machines. GE is an American symbol of industry that was ranked the 14th most profitable large firm in the United States and has even had employees that have won Nobel Prizes.

• Washer's with many features in one place: GE washers often offer Energy Star certification, stain removal settings, vibration control and an automatic precision dispensing system, all in one machine.

• Special offers: GE routinely features great deals on washers in its Special Offers section on their website, helping buyers connect with rebates, tax credits and special holiday sales.

• Washers that look great: Besides offering washers that fulfill nearly every customer's desire, GE washers also come in many colors and finishes, all the way from platinum to ruby red.

• Best for: People who want a washer that offers beautiful design, people who are energy conscious, families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs