Shop on Appliances Connection
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

GE Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2020

28 Inch Front Load Washer with 4.9 cu. ft. Capacity, 13 Wash Cycles, 1250 RPM, Steam Cycle, Steam Assist, Time Saver Option, Sanitize Cycle, Energy Star in White. Overall this machine is top of the line. Purchasing a home appliance is like purchasing a vehicle. I took my time and reviewed and compared before purchasing. About 3 months. I had just purchased a home and so you want an appliance that is going to last. It has a 10 year warranty. It has 3 color options. It's cosmetically attractive. It also is elevated which is a smart choice for a basement machine in case you have issues with water in your basement.

I am pleased that is is an energy saver, water saver. It also has the larger drum and door. The machine has an inner light so you can see your clothes wash. My clothes come out clean and fresh. It has a timer that rings when the wash is finished. It has a feature to clean the machine. It has so many wash selections! There's too many features to talk about. My daughter loves to wash her clothes in this machine. I would definitely purchase another one, but with a 10 year warranty on the machine I will not have to purchase another one for quite sometime. This is absolutely the best appliance I have purchased yet, besides the matching dryer which I will also say top of the line! I wold recommend this machine as a smart purchase.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love GE's washing machines front loader and it's excellent. I've never had to have them come out and four years to fix anything on it. Cleans very well and washes the clothes outstanding and it cleans up very easily when you clean it through the cycle that comes with the machine. It's relatively easy to understand as far as the button setup on there. I also liked that you get the echo warm in the Echo cold features along with the regular warm and cold. I did purchase the block that the time that I got it which helped out a lot is I'm 5 foot 10 and it's the perfect height. It helps getting stains out really easy as I have a nice here to play softball. I would definitely recommend this washer to anybody and everybody. I even wash my huge comforter for my bed in it and it washes it great every time.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have used GE washing machines for quite some time but this is what proved their durability to me. My machine recently quit and we have an old farmhouse that I was actually raised on, It belongs to me and siblings and no one has lived in for over 10 years and still has the old appliances from my parents, (I am 62 years old) but when my machine went out my brother said let's go to our house on Main and get that washing machine out of the house, I agreed thinking it not going work, but to my surprise after I cleaned spiders and other creatures out. It worked, and still does.

Original review: May 13, 2020

GE is a very reliable name brand with history to back it up. I’ve used their washing machines for years and only changed out once due to newer features. I had Thebes first washer for at least 10 years, maybe a little more. It only needed one part replaced, that was the capacitor, otherwise it was still usable. I am not an in depth handy person but I will read and do my research and found directions doable. Additionally, I found the service help desk very informative and that’s how I discovered it was the capacitor that had gone bad after washing clothes for so many years, and believe me, I did a lot of cycles with my kids and family. I feel I got more than my money's worth. Lastly, I’m still using their products to this day. I may not have the frequency because we are empty nesters but I still believe in their products,

Original review: May 12, 2020

The GE washing machine is nice because it washes the clothes really well. It cleans very well. You can program the washing machine so it fills up with water automatically depending on the amount of clothes which is a good feature. You don't have to program the water level every time you put in a load. The negative thing is that sometimes if you need to add more clothes once you've turned it on the door gets locked and it becomes very difficult to actually get the door to unlock so you can open the door. I've tried turning the washing machine off and there is a wait for the door to unlock and sometimes you have to turn it on and off a couple of times so it unlocks. I recommended the GE washing machine highly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have found GE products to very reliable and durable over the years. Their prices can be a little more than other brands but worth it in the long run. Reliability and durability makes the case for us.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Motherboard died after 8 years. The high humidity in Florida quite possibly could be a contributing factor. Claims large capacity for front loading machine but I do not agree. Also, did not seem to get clothes as clean as I like but adequate.

Original review: May 24, 2020

It is a good machine so far. We have had it for around 18 months. Our previous machine (Kenmore) died at 5 years. We were used to similar appliances lasting 15 years & were surprised when the repair tech told us they are now designed to last 5 years & that repair would cost the same amount as a new machine. We hope the GE machine will go longer than 5 years. The machine is a bit on the noisy side. Does a great job washing - much better than the previous one CD which did not have an agitator.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Our washing machine has been with us for almost ten years and I really love the features which make it look modern and easy to dump in a load when we're running late for something. It has been having problems recently but it still runs okay, with only a few hiccups but for a little over ten years, that's pretty good!

Original review: May 24, 2020

On our washing machine it has been very reliable up so far. We had some issues on putting too many or overload of clothes by our kids. Other than that it been good. We've would like more option as smaller loads.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs

The same dedication to quality that GE puts into building products like jet engine turbines and wind towers goes into their washing machines. GE is an American symbol of industry that was ranked the 14th most profitable large firm in the United States and has even had employees that have won Nobel Prizes.

• Washer's with many features in one place: GE washers often offer Energy Star certification, stain removal settings, vibration control and an automatic precision dispensing system, all in one machine.

• Special offers: GE routinely features great deals on washers in its Special Offers section on their website, helping buyers connect with rebates, tax credits and special holiday sales.

• Washers that look great: Besides offering washers that fulfill nearly every customer's desire, GE washers also come in many colors and finishes, all the way from platinum to ruby red.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team