Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

In my occupation, I am required to wear uniforms. I wash my uniforms every week. I have had the same uniforms for 6 months. They still look new. They are not dingy. They do not have a "nursing home smell." They smell like fabric soften. I have washed the same uniforms at the laundry mat. The clothes have lint fibers on them. They come out hot alone with acquired stench.

The GE (General Electric) Model # GTWN8250DOWS/ Serial RA17271OG, I have owned for more than 5 years. I have not had any problems. The washing machine have several selection. You can select extra rinse cycle, ecomony wash, and soak cycles. It automatic selects the water level for the amount of clothes in the wash basket. It can become a little noisy doing the rinse cycle. But I can live with it, given the other good qualities of the machine.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Great washer overall. But the problem is with the energy saving low amount of water the washer uses. In order for stains to be removed, I must use a stain remover. The low water level, which is not adjustable, does not move the clothing around enough for a good washing for stained items. I found the items washed didn’t rinse enough, so everything I wash has to have an extra rinse. I do use the proper detergent for these machines and measure accurately. I love the hand wash cycle on this washer and use it regularly. I have had this washer for almost 11 years and have never needed any service. I will buy GE again. I hope the newer washers have improved water levels.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My old washer was a GE that lasted 35 years until it finally quit. I bought a new GE. It has many features. My old one didn’t plus it’s quieter and spins out great. The clothes are almost dry so it takes less dryer time. I am no fond on the leaking lid because sometimes I use liquid detergent and like to put it in water before adding clothes. Now I add detergent and pour about a gallon of water to dissolve it. Most of the time I use pods. I just hope I get the long lasting service from this one as I did from my old one.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Great washer and dryer. My wife did not want to buy a front loading washer with bad reviews but you have to clean the front washer out about once a month and she finally figured out the reviews was not reliable when our stackable washer went out. That is why we bought the front loader because they are stackable.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had a 5 year old expensive Whirlpool model with all the bells and whistles. It got to where it was constantly throwing codes, it was more to fix it than to buy another washer. I chose the GE because it has dial controls and an agitator at a very good price. I have had it for about 8 months and it does the job. I hope I get more than 5 years out of this one, but I spent less than half the price of the old washer I had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

It is suppose to be energy efficient and it is the worst experience I have ever had with a washer, it doesn't give me enough water to actually clean my clothes. Also, the pockets of detergent that have become so popular have too much detergent for this particular wash and leaves soap stains on my clothes. I am allergic to detergent and so I use dye free and perfume free but because this wash doesn't actually clean the clothes very well they still smell like dirt. If I owned the apartment I am renting from I would never use this washer. It is a pain in my side and so so sad. They didn't research enough before rolling this item out and if there is something I am doing wrong there is no instruction.(which I doubt).

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I've never written a review like this before, but I have to share about my nightmare experience with GE. My brand new washing machine has been broken since September, and I am still going back and forth with GE. At first, the GE technician told me it was my fault - they said I wasn't loading the machine correctly. When they finally sent a third-party out to my house, the technician immediately identified the problem. They ordered the replacement part, but the wrong part was delivered to my house. When we finally got the new part, the technician was unable to install it, and ended up breaking another part in my washer. I have requested a new washer and GE continues to delay its response to my request. The GE products, technicians, and customer service reps have been horrible to deal with. I recommend going with another company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

How do they expect us to wash clothes without water. This washer has a manual water level knob but it still won't put water into the tub. GE tricked me by saying it was a manual adjustment knob but when I called, she said it only fills 1/4 way of the tub height. Now ridiculous! She said that you don't need water to wash clothes. So how am I gonna wash a blanket that goes to the top of the tub...well I guess I will never ever get to wash my blankets ever again. I am so sad and frustrated.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I purchased a GE washer and dryer. My dryer turns itself off when drying clothes. I had a serviceman come out and he said it needed a part he did not have. They said I would get it by the end of the month m. It has now been three months and I’m being told to wait another month m before I get the part. No updates are being given during the process. I have to call every time to find out what’s going on. Every time I call I get the same bs it’s on back order.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I purchased a GE washer 4.2 cu. ft. The machine constantly goes out of balance. I called Home Depot and they take no responsibility for it and say, "You need to call GE." I called and had GE out to fix it and they say it’s a user error. I thought I was getting a good product as I have purchased many GE appliances but this is a piece of junk. Do not buy it and especially don’t buy it from Hone Depot.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The same dedication to quality that GE puts into building products like jet engine turbines and wind towers goes into their washing machines. GE is an American symbol of industry that was ranked the 14th most profitable large firm in the United States and has even had employees that have won Nobel Prizes.

• Washer's with many features in one place: GE washers often offer Energy Star certification, stain removal settings, vibration control and an automatic precision dispensing system, all in one machine.

• Special offers: GE routinely features great deals on washers in its Special Offers section on their website, helping buyers connect with rebates, tax credits and special holiday sales.

• Washers that look great: Besides offering washers that fulfill nearly every customer's desire, GE washers also come in many colors and finishes, all the way from platinum to ruby red.

• Best for: People who want a washer that offers beautiful design, people who are energy conscious, families and professionals.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team