Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Washing Machines Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I haven’t had this washer 3 years and had to call repair man. This $500 washer is going to cost over $700 to fix. This is my first and last time I will ever own a GE! I highly advise you to go elsewhere!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

10+ years ago, my husband sold appliances for a living and would never sell a customer a GE anything. Since that was over a decade ago, we decided to give this machine a go. BAD MISTAKE! Problems developed about 6 months after purchase, the machine started making odd noises, it wouldn't spin water out of large/bulky items. The repairman has been out 6 times, replacing everything possible but yet.... TODAY, it still won't spin/wash correctly. HE detergent residue left in the comforter ended up washing it twice. A load that should take 1:06, takes twice as long because the machine keeps trying to rebalance load and adds time back on the display. This has been the WoRST experience, what does it take to get this remedied??? DONT BUY GE - unless you are up for many, many calls without a permanent solution.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

The energy efficient only allows the washer to fill 1/2 of the tub which causes the clothes to get wrapped around the agitator! It tears them up because to have to PULL hard to untangle them and it causes permanent wrinkles. Doing heavy loads (sheets & towels) I have to go to the laundromat, or manually pour buckets of water in to cover the clothes. What you may save in energy you lose replacing clothes and linens.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I’ve had this washer and dryer for just a year. It washes and dries about three loads a week. The dryer is making a thumping noise sounds like the tub bearings are shot. As for the washer just not very nice. The fabric softener is junk. When you pull your clothes out there’s always softener stains on your clothes as it’s still coming out at the end of wash cycle. Really not pleased. I surely wouldn’t buy anything else that’s affiliated with GE.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I bought a GE washing machine model GTW330ASK3WW sixteen months ago. The locking mechanism broke on it due to nothing that we did to it. It cost $159.00 to fix the little plastic piece. DO NOT EVER BUY a GE WASHING MACHINE, THEY ARE MADE WITH CHEAP PLASTIC PARTS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Your warranty department is Hideous. I tried 7 times to get ahold of someone in 3 days. I’m now stuck without a dryer for another two weeks on top of the week I tried getting ahold of your warranty department. They first told me NO APPT was scheduled, then I call and I have some wacko appointment time without ANY notification. You transferred me to a bad phone number where I sat on hold for 30 minutes then your phone line goes “goodbye” and hung up on me while I sat ON HOLD the entire 30 minutes for nothing.

I will NEVER buy GE again because of your lack of customer service and the person I spoke to sounded like she smoked for 2,000 years and I could barely understand a single word she said. I loved GE and we always bought GE. However, if this is how you treat your customers who pay EXTRA for an extended warranty you can forget any more service from me. I’m spreading the word to everyone I know who uses GE and those considering GE to go elsewhere. I WORK customer service and this is NOT how you treat paying customers!! I was told I didn’t even have an appt, then I have one, then I don’t, then I’m hung up on, RIDICULOUS! Good luck keeping customers with your disrespectful, rude, and lying, customer service representatives.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Bought a GE washer 6 months ago, within a year the motor had to be replaced at my expense. The buttons have never worked correctly, you have to push them multiple times in order for it to start. Now it has stopped draining. Never buy GE appliances unless you enjoy constant problems.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Everything is wrong with this unit. Most recent is a sensor, I will never buy another GE product again. This is always breaking down and the parts are very expensive to replace. I contacted customer service and the guy I spoke with was not helpful and arrogant.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

This is the worst washer that I have ever purchased in my my whole entire life. If I want to stop the washer because it is on the wrong cycle, there is no way to stop the washer from draining. It will literally drain all of the water out even if I try to reset it. It is not quiet at all. The spin cycle sounds like a freight train even the delicate cycle is very loud. I tried to reset by unplugging for one minute, and lift the lid six times within 12 seconds - and that didn't even work. It is just one big disappointment.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

My husband and I purchased a brand new GE washer when we moved into our new house. It has been unreliable to say the least. It has a one years manufacturer's warranty, and 8 months in and it has broken AGAIN. The last time it was broken, it took them over 4 weeks to fix it because they were waiting on a part. This time, I asked to schedule a repair on a Saturday, because my husband and I both work full time. They gave us an 8-5 window for Saturday, and we waited. About 2:00, I tried to call the number for the repair company to get an update. The number was disconnected. Upon further research, the company's site said it no longer operated in Michigan. When I called GE, the extremely rude customer sales rep told me the appointment was for sure confirmed and I should just wait.

Well, I waited for the whole 9 hour window and no one showed up. I wasted the entire day and still have a broken washer. I told GE that I believe I got a lemon, and I would just like the washer replaced. They don't seem to care and in the meantime, I have to cart my family's laundry all over town because my expensive washer does not work yet again. It has been such a hassle and I have spent hours and hours on the phone with GE and Home Depot trying to get this resolved. They bat me back and forth between each other, and no one will fix the problem or replace the washer. Terrible product, terrible customer service. I think they are just stringing me along until the manufacturer's warranty is up and I will be stuck with the lemon of a washer and all the repairs that come with it.

GE Washing Machines Company Information