2. Homeowners
  3. Washers and Dryers

4.0/5 (648 ratings)

About GE Washing Machines

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Washing Machines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Chewbacca is living in my GE Washer (Main Bearing Out). Machine is #GTWN7450H1WW. Has a born on date of April 2016 and started making the Chewbacca sound approx 2 years ago then stopped for no apparent reason and how now decided to start up again with the incredibly awful noise of the Main Bearing grinding. I'll be damned if I'll buy parts from GE to fix their crappy machine. I long for the good old days when a Whirlpool washer lasted 15-20 years, those days are sadly gone and I fear shall never return.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased this Hotpoint Washer in August of 2020. So happy to finally have a NEW washer. I chose it because I wanted a SIMPLE washer, no bells and whistles. Well, that joy was quickly deflated! This washer is so frustrating to use. No more throw in a load of wash and run out to the food market. Not with this machine. You have to be on alert for the load you CAREFULLY placed in the machine, is not unbalanced. Which happens often. You should weigh each piece to make certain it's okay! It's said to save water. Well, maybe, but each large load is so SMALL....I have to do more loads! So I don't see how it is saving me water. If I happen to get a load of wash with no glitches in the process, I go back and count how many pieces I had in that load, so I can copy it. BUT that doesn't work either. OMG...I HATE THIS MACHINE!!!! It's too sensitive. DON'T BUY.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Had my dryer less than 3 months dead. Waited 2 weeks for tech to come out and tell me we needed to order a part. Part ordered did not arrive. Now it will be a month before it's fixed. 1 technician for our state. They are nice but go with a brand that executes their warranty better.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

When I wash my shirts & my husband's tiny holes are on the bottom of the shirts, it only happens on shirts nothing else. I use the recommended amount of soap & softener. I don’t understand why this is happening.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have found GE products to very reliable and durable over the years. Their prices can be a little more than other brands but worth it in the long run. Reliability and durability makes the case for us.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Motherboard died after 8 years. The high humidity in Florida quite possibly could be a contributing factor. Claims large capacity for front loading machine but I do not agree. Also, did not seem to get clothes as clean as I like but adequate.

Original review: May 24, 2020

It is a good machine so far. We have had it for around 18 months. Our previous machine (Kenmore) died at 5 years. We were used to similar appliances lasting 15 years & were surprised when the repair tech told us they are now designed to last 5 years & that repair would cost the same amount as a new machine. We hope the GE machine will go longer than 5 years. The machine is a bit on the noisy side. Does a great job washing - much better than the previous one CD which did not have an agitator.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Our washing machine has been with us for almost ten years and I really love the features which make it look modern and easy to dump in a load when we're running late for something. It has been having problems recently but it still runs okay, with only a few hiccups but for a little over ten years, that's pretty good!

Original review: May 24, 2020

On our washing machine it has been very reliable up so far. We had some issues on putting too many or overload of clothes by our kids. Other than that it been good. We've would like more option as smaller loads.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I have noticed the clothes are cleaner than my old washer, it is somewhat noisy, gas several. Water levels and a precise option if you want just the right amount, one other option is Deep Fill for heavier loads. Has several material options also. I choose this style as it has the center agitator, most models did away with that option. Overall I like my choice, I purchased this in early 2019.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Stackable...I purchased the larger washing machine to be able to wash queen size bedding and it knocks the tumbler off balance. The rumbling is so loud. Otherwise, I like the machine. It’s served me over 10 yrs now.

Original review: May 23, 2020

28 Inch Front Load Washer with 4.9 cu. ft. Capacity, 13 Wash Cycles, 1250 RPM, Steam Cycle, Steam Assist, Time Saver Option, Sanitize Cycle, Energy Star in White. Overall this machine is top of the line. Purchasing a home appliance is like purchasing a vehicle. I took my time and reviewed and compared before purchasing. About 3 months. I had just purchased a home and so you want an appliance that is going to last. It has a 10 year warranty. It has 3 color options. It's cosmetically attractive. It also is elevated which is a smart choice for a basement machine in case you have issues with water in your basement.

I am pleased that is is an energy saver, water saver. It also has the larger drum and door. The machine has an inner light so you can see your clothes wash. My clothes come out clean and fresh. It has a timer that rings when the wash is finished. It has a feature to clean the machine. It has so many wash selections! There's too many features to talk about. My daughter loves to wash her clothes in this machine. I would definitely purchase another one, but with a 10 year warranty on the machine I will not have to purchase another one for quite sometime. This is absolutely the best appliance I have purchased yet, besides the matching dryer which I will also say top of the line! I wold recommend this machine as a smart purchase.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I have had my GE washing machine for over 5 years and I have had no problems with it thus far. It cleans my clothes, towels and sheets thoroughly without any problems. The features on it make it easy to follow and understand and simple to use. The durability of my washing machine is fantastic! I do at least 10 loads a week and it has never let me down.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Good washer with lots of options for quicker and more efficient cycles. Only issue is that as a front load washer, it is very hard to clean. I notice a mildew smell and stuff stuck around the seal and door often and it is hard to clean.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I have a 15 year old washer/dryer set that has worked consistently and it resides at a rental property. I purchased GE washer/dryer set for primary home 4 years ago and it's awesome. It's the level 1-2 steps above basic model and has enough settings to fit my needs (maybe more than I even use) such as pre-soaking, 4 settings for loads and much more. I would not purchase anything besides GE appliances. Very reliable and easy to interface with.

Original review: May 22, 2020

A Good Machine. A little pricey. I don't like that it locks during the wash cycle. Controls could be easier. Also, I think they could make it a little quieter. Overall a good dependable machine. I would buy again.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love GE's washing machines front loader and it's excellent. I've never had to have them come out and four years to fix anything on it. Cleans very well and washes the clothes outstanding and it cleans up very easily when you clean it through the cycle that comes with the machine. It's relatively easy to understand as far as the button setup on there. I also liked that you get the echo warm in the Echo cold features along with the regular warm and cold. I did purchase the block that the time that I got it which helped out a lot is I'm 5 foot 10 and it's the perfect height. It helps getting stains out really easy as I have a nice here to play softball. I would definitely recommend this washer to anybody and everybody. I even wash my huge comforter for my bed in it and it washes it great every time.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love my top loader machine. I have owned my machine for about 14 years and I have only had to replace the clutch on it. I thought of trading up to one of those front loaders like they have at the laundromat but I have heard they have a lot of issues so my trusty top loader has gotten me this far. So I think that's where I'll stay. Old Faithful....

Original review: May 22, 2020

We have used GE products such as a washing machine for many years. Because the products have worked very well for us, we will plan to purchase another one in a few months. I would recommend this products to my family and friends.

Original review: May 22, 2020

With this washer is has an agitator which you need to have in order to get clothes clean. It has everything I want for as Mount is how much water is needed, the temperature, what kind of load it is, what's your news extra anything and if it needs extra soaked. I find this washer exceptional.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I love the size of this tub. It can easily hold a comforter. And the wash station where you can rinse an item in the tub then let it soak. It also holds a large bottle of detergent and you just need to select the load size. I’m not sure how my washer being connected to my phone is going to help me as I’ll have to be there to place the clothes in the machine and I feel I’ll just go ahead and start it at that time. Who knows though.

Original review: May 21, 2020

The machine is so noisy when when shifting cycles. I think it is going to come apart. I have heard quieter farm machinery. It has very few features but that is what I wanted. It does not have a shut off feature if it gets out of balance - so you really need to be alert if you have a load of small rugs or large beach towels. It definitely is not a high-tech machine and is sort of "old style". Would not be for the the new generation - but I am 88 - live alone - and it is okay for me

Original review: May 21, 2020

Very happy with our purchase. We bought this for our Condominium we own in Bayside and we use it a lot as our family is big and a lot of laundry accumulate daily. And it's very quiet and efficient. We also have put it on at night and it does not disturb anyone. It also does not take a long time to do a cycle.

Original review: May 21, 2020

GE washing machines are great because they are precise fill for water levels, perfect temps for all loads, they are super efficient, there are different wash loads for all fabrics...The GE washing machine is perfect....

Original review: May 21, 2020

The ease of use using these machines really make a lot of difference when you have a very busy day to day schedule. The price range is also doable when it comes to this rapidly changing economy. I would definitely recommend these to anyone in the market searching.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I am on only my second GE washer in 47 years! I have only replaced due to moving and I plan to buy a new one in a month from now. Never had to call a repairman in all of this time. When I bought the GE washer, I went for heavy duty and largest model available. My last one was purchased 17 years ago and it still looks and runs as if was a brand new top loader, inside and out.

Original review: May 20, 2020

State of the art components, it's quiet, efficient, a quality performance, all reviews and comments are extremely positive and for the money the washer is a great value. I am certainly pleased and will continue to recommend GE products to any future buyers.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I am fairly satisfied with my washing machine. I have two comments that I question on the machine. When I wash bulky items on the bulky cycle, such as rugs, it never spins the water out. I need to put cycle “drain and rinse” at least two times to get water out. My other issue is that since I am short, 5’2”, I have trouble reaching items on the bottom????

Original review: May 20, 2020

It is difficult to restart mid cycle if the load is unbalanced, you have to start from the beginning again. It seems to be holding up well but it is not a top of the line washer. I feel it is probably a good value for what I paid for it.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I like the GE washing machine because it’s very simple to use. It does not have an auto sensing control on it so therefore you can set what water level you want. Also, it does not have a locking lid. Therefore you can open it whenever you want to to add clothing or softener or even a little bleach.

GE Washing Machines Company Information